Speaker 1: A new location for Donald Fazon. Is that your animation suite?
Speaker 2: I am in my animation room right now.
Speaker 1: Guys, are you rolling on your deck? Are you rolling?
Speaker 2: I'm not rolling on my am I shooting something.
Speaker 1: Make sure you're rolling on your audio recording.
Speaker 2: Device, Yes, I am recording, says I'm recording. It's on the zoom.
Speaker 1: Can we hear your level? Can we hear your level?
Speaker 2: Check?
Speaker 1: Sound?
Speaker 2: This is my level?
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds like you're be singing loudly the whole time. I don't think you will be.
Speaker 3: Is this my level? It feels like my level. Yeah, that might be too high. But that's too perfect.
Speaker 1: That's too No one wants no one wants to hear yelling.
Speaker 4: But you also shouldn't set your level at the point that you're yelling.
Speaker 1: You should see the level at the points a level check. Donald, you've been in the business a long You've been in the business a long time.
Speaker 2: It's at seven. It's at seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay? Donald? Do you notice anything about my image? No, I switched back to using the fancy camera. I thought you might notice it looks the same. That's not true, Daniel. You notice right, you look very good.
Speaker 3: You look well, I didn't say he didn't. I didn't say he looked bad. I just said the imagery looks the same.
Speaker 1: I'm not crazy, right, Doude, dude, Daniel and Joel. You notice the quality of the camera.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, pretty immediately the camera quality and also the fact that it's not tracking you around the room a zoom moves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was annoying. I guess that's a good feature from Apple. If you're what if you're like on zoom calls for work or something, but if you're recording a video podcast that is not.
Speaker 2: Good for Zoom calls at your own work.
Speaker 1: Why what happened to you?
Speaker 2: Nothing happened to me.
Speaker 3: But if you're being tracked by your camera, Let's say you go take a shit and that camera tracks you all the way into the bathroom.
Speaker 1: It doesn't do that, Donald, It doesn't follow you around the house.
Speaker 2: Imagine the camera flies.
Speaker 1: You said the camera tracks if you move left and right, it pans left and right. It doesn't doesn't. It doesn't walk around the house.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, flies off of the monitor like a robot.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing these rolling robots all around West Hollywood. I don't know if you if listeners if you have these in your neighborhood yet, I'm sure those of you in large American cities probably seen them. But in West Hollywood there are so many robots it's very creepy rolling around delivering stuff.
Speaker 2: What are they delivering?
Speaker 1: I guess food. I don't know. I've never I don't live in an area where a where ald delivery robot could make it what they do?
Speaker 5: Anything you can order off of your grub Hub or post.
Speaker 1: Mast made door dash and what happens. It rolls up to your door and you put in a code.
Speaker 2: Yeah you guys.
Speaker 1: Have you guys received a robot delivery?
Speaker 4: I have one time?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And what was it like? Dane talk us through it?
Speaker 4: Well, I uh, me and my friends were so excited. The robot's name was George. We stood outside of our apartment watching it roll down the street and then a group of children stood in front of it such that it stopped moving and we had They yelled down the street, Hey, that's our robot. That's our robot, and they said, what are you going to do about it?
Speaker 1: Oh? My god?
Speaker 2: And the neighborhood did you live in? Daniel?
Speaker 6: Literally this is literally like in like West Hollywood off of Lobrea, like a friendly neighborhood. And then all of a sudden and then me and my friends are like, okay, then we're coming down here, and then they ran inside and then George brought us a McDonald's.
Speaker 1: The robots are designed to look kind of like Wally to me, yes, and they have big eyes.
Speaker 2: And Eva like Wally and Eva.
Speaker 1: Yes right. They were clearly designed to look very wide eyed, and to me, I received them as little children who are lost because they have they have big eyes. I really my heart always breaks for these things. They're designed with giant puppy dog eyes. They have their name on the side, and every time I see them, they're confused because they like you see them stopped at like a sidewalk cafe because it doesn't know how to get around the sidewalk cafe. The other day I saw one and it would bumped into another robot and they didn't know how to pass each other. They were just robots. But when I see them crossing the street alone, I just I feel like it's like a lost puppy that's that doesn't know where it's going.
Speaker 5: I'm always afraid someone's going to come and beat the crap out of them.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure they do.
Speaker 5: They know they definitely have before. Was it in Boston you kept beating up.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. I don't understand the need to beat up the road. I mean I do understand.
Speaker 2: Way, I take that back. I understand the need to beat up a robot.
Speaker 3: I do understand because I remember when we were at when I was a kid, and fucking whenever a mascot would come out into the neighborhood, like it's when you have security at Disneyland, that's one thing, But when you walk into somebody's neighborhood in a fucking Teddy rock Spin outfit and don't expect to get tackled and beat up, you beat up. I was a part of a mob that jumped on a ted at woman rink and we didn't beat them Teddy Rocksman up.
Speaker 2: He just took the clothes off the Teddy Russ. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh my, you tackle.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of kids out there. They're all grown now that know of this story. And was there that day when some idiot decided to bring Teddy Rocksman out amongst twelve to thirteen year old boys and girls at ice skating rink.
Speaker 1: Don't you think that person was trying to bring joy to the children.
Speaker 3: He bought a lot of joy or she WoT a lot of joy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: All I know is we laughed so hard at the fact that Teddy Roxman was a woman, and we were like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Have to tell you that Teddy the robots remind me of a Teddy Rocks fin because I worry that that teenagers are going to do the same thing and beat up these robots.
Speaker 3: Well, we didn't beat up this person. We just tackled and took.
Speaker 1: His tackled and took the clothing off of the rush.
Speaker 3: No, the Teddy Rock's been clothing, not all of the clothing, just the Teddy Rocks beIN clothing.
Speaker 1: Got it. Well, there you go. It's very bizarre driving around. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this is such a weird future we're living in where robots are doing all the delivery, and I'm sure drones are aren't far behind.
Speaker 2: There are drones.
Speaker 3: If you drive through Hollywood right now, you're being tracked by drones. If you if you go over the speed limit and not Hollywood Beverly Hills. It says to you, you're being tracked by drones.
Speaker 1: Well, I had a I had a driver from the airport tell me that in lower in downtown l A. There. I don't know if he was crazy and making this up, but they've begun doing deliveries from drones. I've seen videos of that. Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it's it's still like very beta testing, Like you know, eventually we'll be seeing them flying around like it's like the fifth element where it's just like a whole.
Speaker 3: That that's what the flying car is. The flying car isn't going to be a car like what we know. It's literally going to be a drone and you sit in a bubble in the middle of the drone.
Speaker 1: Right, that's already a thing. Yeah, but I think in our Daniel's right, in our lifetime, at the very least, we're going to see we're going to look up and see like drone traffic delivering shit.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: We might even see flying cars in our lifetime if we're lucky in the next in the next will in the.
Speaker 2: Next thirty years, I believe. Oh absolutely, wow.
Speaker 1: Well there's already there's already a commercial thing you can buy that's a flying one car drone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the regulations for that stuff are going to be real rough, I know.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't you have thought the regulations for self driving cars would be crazy? Wouldn't you have thought that robots going down the street would be crazy. It's all happening and people are getting it all through.
Speaker 4: I agree. I just think that there's you know, three dimensional space is a little bit different than like, you know, I know, cars exist in a three dimensional space, but they move into two dimensional plane, which a little bit easier to control versus planes in the sky where it's like height regulations, space regulations.
Speaker 2: Well, who's to say that.
Speaker 3: Who's to say that the airline business will be here in thirty years. I mean, we're pushing towards electricity and all of that stuff right now, and one of the biggest pollutions in the sky right now or period are airline companies and stuff like that. So who's to say that in the future that's not the next thing to go electrician.
Speaker 1: It will be electric one day, but it's still there's stillnna be airline traffic.
Speaker 3: Right But even with airlines, I'm just saying, even with airline traffic, it's still there will be levels to it, you know what I mean. I don't think anybody's trying to fly a drone thirty thousand feet in the air, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, you know, I think I definitely agree with you.
Speaker 3: There will be no flying around the airport that you'll have to land that thing.
Speaker 2: All of that shit, You're right, Danil, And.
Speaker 3: Then they're going to also have to put some type of chip in the shit to make sure that you can't just go rogue. And oh my god, just so many things to It won't be free like what's what's.
Speaker 2: The ship that we do when we play video games? There's there's free water pilot. It won't be free world, No, that shit will be straight up track.
Speaker 4: Also, also imagine that you imagine that you get in a self driving car and you have a known warrant for your arrest. Where do you think that car is going to drive.
Speaker 1: You right to face recognition? And it just that's good. That's a good sci fi movie. By the way, I want to highly recommend the show Ripley on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Is it about Ripley from Aliens?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: It's about It's from the novel The Talented Mister Ripley, and everyone remembers the famous Matt Damon, Jude Law Gwyneth Paltrow movie, But that's just a two hour tale from this epic novel, and it was just retold with Andrew Scott, who's a phenomenal actor. Those of you who don't recognize his name, he was the hot priest on Flea Bag and he's such a good actor. And so they were able to tell an eight our version of the story on Netflix, and it's so beautifully shot and wonderfully acted. I highly highly recommend it.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to go even more in depth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a whole lot more story than the movie, And honestly, I think it might be one of the best examples of cinematography I've ever seen on television. Really, it's black and white every single frame. It's all takes place in like nineteen fifties Italy and every single rate.
Speaker 3: That's a big thing coming from you, bro. Best cinematography and television.
Speaker 1: History, definitely, I think in the top of five television shows I've ever seen in terms of cinematography. Wow, every frame. When you watch it, audience and you three, you'll be aware that just of the framing and the lighting, every frame is more and beautiful than the last. It's stunning. And the fact that they executed it in Italy, you know, in twenty twenty three or whatever. They magically really make you believe that you're in the fifties in Italy and the acting is so good. Well, mister, there you go. There's my recommendation of the week I'm watching that I have.
Speaker 2: I have no recommendations.
Speaker 1: Has started?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: When does that start? Which one lyrics Acolyte.
Speaker 2: I'm not really excited about Acolyte. I don't know much about.
Speaker 1: It, even from such excitement before.
Speaker 2: I like the trailer. It was good, but then after you watch it after a while, it's like, what's this show going to be?
Speaker 4: June fourth? We'll find out.
Speaker 2: No, we'll find out June fourth.
Speaker 3: And then and then like right after that, there's another Star Wars show coming on, and then we have Tales of the Empire coming. There are a bunch of Star Wars things coming that I am excited about.
Speaker 5: But are you watching Shogun?
Speaker 1: I gotta watch that.
Speaker 2: I think I might have to.
Speaker 3: I need to watch something because right now, my fucking like I feel like I'm just in a groundhog day and everything I watch is, uh, it's the same, you know, it's it's it's I'm a fantasy guy, and I guess the fantasy is told the same.
Speaker 2: Way every time.
Speaker 3: It seems like, dude, it's.
Speaker 1: Definitely got strong three body problem. I was going to suggest that too, that's definitely Bill. Bill Lawrence, our friend Bill Laurence said that he watched the pilot and really liked that.
Speaker 2: It's I need something because.
Speaker 4: Whole seasons out on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Watch that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I watched all the Invincible that was fired, you know what I mean? But I watched that in like one day, you know what I mean, Like, uh, it's too short, And then they tried to act like, well, it's animation. Come on, motherfucker, that's to the animation on computer. Y'all could have got that ship out a lot quicker than you're pretending to be, you know what I mean? Six episode seven and how many episodes and of a fucking comic book that's been out for decades or over a decade.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out of here, man, Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, Shall we get into the TV show Scrubs? Where what is this? I think it's the penultimate episode of JD. On season nine. It is episode five of season nine, Count of Sin, Donald.
Speaker 7: Five six seven stories that show we made about a bunch of dogs and nurses said.
Speaker 2: Here's the stories news.
Speaker 8: So YadA ra here, yeada here show.
Speaker 1: Okay, Donald, tell us about your feelings of this episode. You have been.
Speaker 2: Very I've been the most critical.
Speaker 1: Out of them, you've been the most critical and I and I want to give the audience a balanced view. I want them to to.
Speaker 3: There's no way this is a there's going to be a balanced view because I feel like all of your all of you are going to be on the same page as me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this episode was not good. Let's be you. But I want to give the audience.
Speaker 2: I don't want.
Speaker 1: I try audience to watch each one with new eyes and go no judgment. It's a clean slate. Let's take this in. I'm not I'm not going in with negativity. And this was just not funny. It is a half hour comedy.
Speaker 3: Remember it was boring as can be too, Like it was like, listen, were you and I aren't high on the highest level of fucking acting right now?
Speaker 2: That way, we're going way too overboard.
Speaker 1: What show are we on?
Speaker 2: What are we doing. What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Do you remember when you when I make fun of your acting in that that commercial is a child coffee commercial. When you go you have been away a long time.
Speaker 2: We are doing that.
Speaker 1: We are like you as a nine year old. How old are you that?
Speaker 2: I was probably eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're acting like eleven year olds who got their first job.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, I take that back. It's polished, it's good.
Speaker 3: It's it's not like we're bad actors, but we're just overdoing it.
Speaker 2: We're like so.
Speaker 1: Far over I think my acting is bad. I've said I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think your acting is bad. As Donald, you will have gone. I think you have gone the way of You're now just a complete laugh war and we're trying so hard for the laugh that we're that we're crashing.
Speaker 1: I think Donald, it's I, as the British say, have lost the plot. I am just so cartoonishly large. Yes, and you're right, I guess I'll laugh for but not even like any basis in reality.
Speaker 3: No, there's nothing grounded about our performance. No, Like when I'm watching this, I'm like, holy shit, dude, you're like if you were to compare the first episode of scrubs to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I want to take responsibility to the audience because I've always should talked season nine, but I'm I'm I'm a contributor to the problem.
Speaker 2: I am such a contributor to the problem in the situation.
Speaker 1: I am such a contribute I want to take responsibility and apologize to the audience for my contributions to this being a really broad, not based in reality form of acting.
Speaker 3: And then so there's that, and then my favorite part of the show now is fucking Drew and Denise. That's the better part of the show. You know, what they're doing. What it felt like to me is like when we remember when we were watching it in the beginning and a lot of the story was yours and Cox.
Speaker 2: They're like the same couple. They're like that couple.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, it's like they make fun of each other, they shit on each other, one trying to up the other, but they're in love with each other.
Speaker 2: Like you could follow these two, I know, but everyone would be the same storyline.
Speaker 1: Everyone has a person that's their new incarnation. Like you know, Carrie Bosche is the new JD. Coole. I guess he's the new todd Ish, they're the new Jordan and Cox.
Speaker 3: And then now Cox is like the new Kelso, Like, what the fuck he's sitting here causing He's causing all of his trouble.
Speaker 2: What is your problem, bro? What's your problem?
Speaker 1: He's a dick?
Speaker 2: I mean, what is your problem?
Speaker 1: He was always like a jerk because he it was tough love and he wanted them to be good doctors. And I guess this plot tries to pull that as well, but it really felt like several times I was like, what a dick? Yeah, yeah, Like there's nothing redeemable about him.
Speaker 3: No, And even at the end when he's like I'm trying, I'm gonna like, yeah, he tried. When he gives her the I, we're gonna jump ahead, guys, sorry, and then we'll go back when he lets himself be the buddy for the IV at the end, I don't give a shit. The conversation with JD doesn't land the way it should because you're like, why are you still trying to teach lessons to this fucking to the teacher in front of the students. If anything, you made the student's whole lessons, all of his lessons, not have any credibility because you clown him in front of the whole class right before he leaves.
Speaker 1: And also JD's leaving again, Like didn't he just leave? Why is he leaving again? I mean, I know I'm leaving because my contracts up, but as an exer, but why I even lost track of story? Why is JD leaving again?
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 5: I think she gives another offer difference.
Speaker 1: I missed whatever exposition was. Why JD's leaving yet again?
Speaker 2: It all long? Does I work at the hospital with Sam? Where? Sam? Where? It's close to say it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I know that I only did six episodes and in this episode I was carrying a box and You're like, come on one more Eagle, and I'm like, what the fuck didn't we just do this four episodego? Five episodes ago? Anyway, it is what it is. JD's last day, guys.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: JD had to watch a four hour video called Boundaries because.
Speaker 2: He touched a person in the chest in.
Speaker 1: Their heart, a woman he meant to he meant, he meant to reference something in their heart, and he touched her heart and then was forced to take a course. So now when he speaks to Lucy. He references her stomach and she says, why are you pointing to my stomach? And he said, because I had to watch a four hour video on boundaries.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually did like this part where Cox is talking to the students and he's, you know, saying, how all of them are probably going to pass this test. This is an easy test, but there's sometimes as that one person, that one student that can't do it. And it's a gift for him because he gets to send somebody home at a very very early stage in their career. You want to be a doctor and you can't draw blood. This ain't for you, kid, you know what I mean. And it's rare, but it right. You want you got dreams, you want fame, but it's rare it happens. It's rare that it happens, and it happens, and when it does happen, it happened for him.
Speaker 2: It's like Christmas.
Speaker 3: I did like that analogy because don't waste my time, right, That's pretty much what he's saying.
Speaker 2: All of y'all here.
Speaker 3: If you can't pass this test, you are wasting my fucking time and you don't.
Speaker 1: Deserve to be nice to learn that a med student this far along in where they are wouldn't be able to draw blood.
Speaker 2: But maybe his motherfucker skate dude, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sh I suppose yeah, I just would have thought that. Again, I guess I don't really fully get how how along these kids are, but I guess maybe obviously they're at the point where it's time to draw blood for the first time. I don't know. I was just surprised that, like Lucy didn't know how to draw blood, And.
Speaker 2: Why are they drawing blood through a needle and pulling it?
Speaker 3: Don't you put the stint and the thing in it and you put the tube and all that, Like, isn't.
Speaker 1: That they were doing? They had that little butterfly needle and then they were putting the just the test tube.
Speaker 2: It looked like she was pulling it with the no.
Speaker 1: I think I think we would have gotten that right for sure. You know, Scrubbs did pride itself on being acted.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, this is this is med.
Speaker 1: School, okay, So Cox is just on a tear. He's really just I mean, screaming at these kids, trying to scare the fuck out of them and tells them they all need to draw blood or they're gonna be kicked out of med school. Jad's slide presentation to time in my life was pretty funny, especially when you pull back to reveal me in the exact position as the ending slide.
Speaker 3: I remember this episode us dressing up as a Hardy boys. This is not so far enough away that I don't remember it, you know what I mean? This is like I do remember me putting on the hairpiece for the Hardy Boys, and.
Speaker 1: That that party boys thing is pretty funny when I go, Dad's gonna be so proud of us, black adopted brother. I don't know anything about the Hardy Boys, but either do you guys know anything about the Hardy Boys?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Boy detective sometimes hung out with Nancy Drew classic stories somewhat like Scooby Doo, a little less silly.
Speaker 1: So they were boys that that solved mysteries.
Speaker 3: Did you ever read the book about the Girl with the Photographic Memory? Was a series of novels of little teenage books. And she would go click and was the name of that ship? And she would say that ship And that's how she would remember shit, like if she and and and she was a detective, right, and so she'd be out and about and if she thought something was just a little odd, she'd go click and then she could remember everything that was happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remade that into a TV show or a movie.
Speaker 5: Cam Jansen, Oh my god, Yeah, what's it called cam Jansen?
Speaker 2: Cam Jansen, the cam Jansen series.
Speaker 1: Wow, she had a photographic memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was her superpower.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: That's probably the best superpower.
Speaker 3: And for people who don't, who can't fly and can't turn invisible and all of that shit. Okay, I'm gonna jump off on another tangent. There's two things I learned during spring break and while looking at the computer. One, if we train our bodies at a certain point, we can reach superpower. I'm not saying we can fly and stuff like that, but to leap far and to be extra strong. You'd be surprised how far the human body can go. That's the first thing. But an actual superpower to me is a photographic memory. If you can remember anything in everything, and there are people out there who can do that. If you can say I want to remember this, how can you ever? Like, you could be a doctor, you could be a lawyer, well case study, you could be anything that has to do with some type of reference or history, a detective, anything that has to do with that, you'd be the best at it. Like if you had if you had that power, And that's the Oh I wish I had that. That's the one thing I wish I had. I wish I had a photographic memory.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw a movie where a guy referenced it and he's he if he read something once, he could recite it. He just that is I guess that is a real thing for some people.
Speaker 5: They have whole competitions really yeah, like memorize memorization contests, and they have these really funky ways of like remembering very very very long passages of texts, or they'll give them like really convoluted directions and they have to navigate a map from memory.
Speaker 2: How long do they have to do the memorization.
Speaker 5: It depends on the competition. I saw, Oh man, it was like a New York Times piece or something they did like what video essay where they give the girl like seven and a half minutes to read like fifty pages and she was like doing the speed read thing, but then she was also like creating a memory map in her head of what she was reading. So that when they were asked her to call specific details, she could do it and like the blink of an eye. It was crazy. I don't know, Like, there's there's a way you can teach yourself. She's like, you don't have to be a genius to learn memorization.
Speaker 2: Memorization.
Speaker 1: There's another one of these things. Have you guys seen have we talked about this where you can remember exactly what happened on any day of your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's awesome, it would be awesome.
Speaker 1: I saw a special on this. It is a specific brain skill and there was a famous actress. What's the name of the actress who was the female lead on Taxi Mary Lou No, Yeah, you're close. Will you guys look that up? She had She was in special now maryly w Red I think is the gymnast Mary Lou Henner, Mary Lou Henner, Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Mariel Henner?
Speaker 1: Mary, Yeah, Muriel Henner, Mary.
Speaker 5: Lou Henner, Yeah, m A R I l U.
Speaker 1: Mary Lou Henner has this And if you guys are more, google or YouTube the video about Mary Lou Henner and being able to remember any dates because they had this special on these people and they were like an including celebrity Mary Lou Henner, who's also one of these people, and they would just the interviewer would name a date, any date in their life, and they would tell you exactly what happened that day, what they what the day was like, what the weather was like. They just their brain has a thing where that just locks into a storage drive is as easy as you reading it.
Speaker 5: Highly superior autobiographical memory or h SAM that Mary Lou Henner has, that's h SAM.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So look, it's a it's a it's a well, I guess if not everybody has it, it's considered a what's the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 1: Not a party truck that's considered a party.
Speaker 3: No, well, that's that's what it could be used for. But isn't it like a debilitation if you have some shit like that, Like.
Speaker 5: They describe it as a condition. So it doesn't inhibit her from doing anything, you know, it just gives her like all of these.
Speaker 1: Other But if you get a chance, watch the video of her being interviewed. She was with like I don't know five other people that there weren't celebrities. She just happens to be a famous actress who has it and they were just going around the room, like nineteen eighty two, January third. She goes, I remember it was very cold and I was wearing red sweatpants and I had just gone to the theater and then we went to I mean, it's just so trippy. Wow.
Speaker 3: So she should be able to pull from some horrific days and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you pick a bad one.
Speaker 2: That's fucking horrible. Man.
Speaker 1: I don't think that, Like she's sitting there living them all at the same time, she's if you call one up. I mean, it's just it's just how foul foul and just how impressive and amazing is an infinite are our brain.
Speaker 3: If you could remember any day vividly, vividly, what would it be like. There's people there, There's people that are probably like I remember when I was born. I came out the woomb it was light.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that that fall category, if she can remember, like I remember, there was bright light and it was coming from sort of an envelope sized space.
Speaker 2: It stretched and stretched.
Speaker 1: And the light got bigger and bigger.
Speaker 3: The next thing I knew, I was being slept on the ass by some white man.
Speaker 1: Some white man was hitting me hard on my back and then there was a titty in my face. It was good, and that it was and that milk was delicious and warm. Sorry, we go to break right back after these Fine what you're trying to get into one day? What you're trying to.
Speaker 10: Do, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're We're so back, We're back.
Speaker 1: Okay. So JD he does this whole PowerPoint demonstration. He's trying to get points for the teacher evaluations. He says powerful stuff, huh. And then he tried to do a balloon drop and that didn't work. And then he did two hours off froyo And if you tell him doctor D sent you, you get a extra whip.
Speaker 3: Like they went all out. They went all out to try and make JD fucking arkle, like they went all out, like everything is like straight up, yeah, think about it, doctor D.
Speaker 2: He's just like straight up this character, now you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, like like or or screech or and I'm building like that's the fucking crazy shit.
Speaker 2: It's like, holy can you not a teacher?
Speaker 1: How come you're not being a value?
Speaker 3: I'm a surgeon. I'm a surgeon, dude. Surgeons don't I mean, I don't know what the fuck I am.
Speaker 2: I'm just there.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that the black friend.
Speaker 2: There's no reason.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: They never.
Speaker 1: Explained there's no reason for any of us to be there. Well, they don't explain what you're doing there, like you don't seem to teach, and I would teach.
Speaker 5: One of season nine, you do visit Turk's extremely small classrooms giant lecture hall, but we haven't been back to a classroom of Turk since.
Speaker 1: They weren't really tracking Turk as teacher. Because we're talking about the teacher evaluations.
Speaker 3: I am John Boyega in episode eight of Star Wars.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: I see in the Last Jedi when they instead of making him the lead Jedi, they made him the goofy best friend.
Speaker 1: I thought he was the stormtrooper who saves.
Speaker 2: The day in the first movie.
Speaker 1: In the first I didn't watch the second one.
Speaker 3: The second movie, they just abandoned that completely. Fuck that shit. Dude, you know what you're gonna do. You're gonna dance.
Speaker 1: Did he dance?
Speaker 2: No, but he kind of dances.
Speaker 5: He does stumble out half naked in like a sprouting water suit. Gag. That's his introduction back into.
Speaker 1: The Sorry these are references. I don't know, all right, So what about Cox flicking the dead corpse? That was so weird to me? Didn't you just feel like that was like like out, I mean, I know Cox is Cox doesn't have disrespect for corpses, does he?
Speaker 5: No, it's gonna say. The main thing with Cox is so weird. It's like his anger in the original Scrub series is always at the institution for not treating people with the lover Wilfs respect he thinks they deserve. It's always at the larger institution. But here, man, it's is that anybody who can take a shot, anybody.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, Joelle, it was about the institution.
Speaker 3: No, back in the day, it was about, look, the institution can't fuck you, and yo respect the institution too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That was what was redeeming about him. That was what was awesome.
Speaker 3: It was like, look, it's not only about how the system treats you, it's how you treat the system also. There's a level of respect going both ways. Now he just seems to be like you're in my way, You're in my way.
Speaker 1: And also flicking a corpse's ear, Like that just seems really out of character, Like disrespecting a cadaver does not seem in line with doctor Cox agreed. JD says that he had one line in his theater camp's production of Oliver, and it was no thank you, I don't like soup. So he gets an anonymous negative review and he totally spirals, and he says, Turk in my needy tell me one hundred times.
Speaker 2: This. I feel like we've done this episode before.
Speaker 1: Well, JD, I don't know we have.
Speaker 3: Just in fact, Okay, I get that we're on the show and that we're the original cast, but when you watch the opening, it's about the interns and the freaking students and stuff.
Speaker 2: Why are we the main characters in this shit?
Speaker 1: Like the concept was to wean the audience off of us.
Speaker 3: But what happens when you leave though? That's the thing. Sarah comes in, like what the fuck? Like, we're just it. It's there is no weaning. It's like we're tricking the audience almost this we I'm sorry. I think this show would have done way better if I wasn't on it, Like straight up, like I'm not going to say you or anybody else that's from the original cast. It would have been better if I was like a like, this is the one time where I look at this like a reboot would have been better than this shit, Like you know what I mean, Like this is I'm I'm I'm angry at Turk and JD right now. It's like, y'all, they've gone so far off the rails and into this new world and stuff that it's not even believable. And it's not even like even with the Ostriches and and and and them forming a century, you know what i mean, Like, even with all of that, that's still kind of felt grounded in some way.
Speaker 1: I just felt grounded. That's a bad example, but I do know.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying I'm using that because that's the most extreme that it got.
Speaker 1: The just stole your cago and it came in. They put it on, put it and then he closed he closed the gate of the garden with his horse or whatever you call it. Yes, and then they started alternating guard duty to keep it in the tree.
Speaker 2: Yes, and still and still and it was more grounded.
Speaker 1: And then through Jason Bateman's window.
Speaker 3: Yes and still seems more grounded than what we're watching right now.
Speaker 1: This definitely is a tone change, and it's very noticeable.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes if you watch a series. I'm not going to call anyone out because I don't want to be that guy. But if you watch a series you love and all of a sudden season two, it really feels different. You know, the writer's changed, often a different show runner or a different team, and you might be going I kind of still like this, maybe, but what is different? And you might not be able to put your finger on it. And sometimes it's something as big as it's a different showrunner, and obviously that was the case here. It's for the first time, a totally different showrunner and the tone is different.
Speaker 2: But the showrunner of this show has gone on to do some successful stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that he couldn't be brilliant. I'm sure he's brilliant. I'm just saying that you can't. No two showrunners are going to be able to mimic the exact same tone.
Speaker 3: I was a part of a change a shift like that one time that was it was like, Wow, this isn't even the same. I was on Clueless and Clueless was on ABC, and when it went from the movie to the television show, Amy Heckerling still was involved and she show ran the first season. At the end of the season, ABC decided they weren't going to pick it up, and I don't know what happened, but she kind of left as the showrunner. And the dude Tim O'Donnell, who show ran Growing Pains for a little bit, he came on and started doing the show, and the show shifted from this Beverly Hills show like that was very similar to the movie, to something that was written for young teens, and you know what I mean, Like the movie. When you watch the movie, it's for everyone. It's adults, and when you're a kid, you kind of fantasize, this is kind of how I want to be.
Speaker 2: But the movie's really for adults, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The television show was aspired to be that and ABC was like, we don't like it. And when we moved to UPN, it became something great you want to laugh at.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't heard the term of UPN in so long. Some of our listeners probably don't know yet, Like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is the UPN?
Speaker 3: But when it moved, it became like a completely different show and these kids were dealing with stuff like Arnold Jackson and and and uh and and sitcom World.
Speaker 1: Right, it became way broader.
Speaker 3: It became way broader, and all of a sudden, it wasn't as you know, it wasn't clueless anymore.
Speaker 2: It was called the uthing else.
Speaker 1: UPN also didn't have the budget that ABC had, right, so probably had a.
Speaker 2: Pretty good budget.
Speaker 3: I mean, we were I was on that the at a time when Moesha was on when you know what I mean, like there were a bunch of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. All of the UPN and the w B were kind of like the or yeah, the w B, right, that's what it was, kind of like the same thing. And then they merged and became the c W c W I think that's the c W, right.
Speaker 1: But were UPN?
Speaker 2: You used to have so many names for that network.
Speaker 1: Man, what did you call it?
Speaker 2: I don't want to say it because there were a lot of black people. There were a lot of black people on up IN, and they called it let's just put it that.
Speaker 1: Way, Okay, we'll beat that. Wow. I didn't know that. But UPN I'm sure had a different tone than ABC.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would just starting remember when Fox first came out and how Fox was the network Fox.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of y'all are too young to remember that, but I.
Speaker 1: Remember it was like early yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So it was like the programming was so risque. I guess you would is the terms you would use, like we.
Speaker 2: Had to show for Fox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were trying to push the envelope on UPN.
Speaker 3: Also, there was a show on that network where they had a man.
Speaker 2: It was a.
Speaker 3: It was a show that took place during slavery, and in an opening scene they had a walk and talk with two people walking and a black man hanging in a tree as they walk by.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, damn.
Speaker 5: They said, we're starting of tough get in there.
Speaker 1: Wow is this on early UPN?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That show was canceled, like right away, I'll never forget that shit. Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. All right, let's get back to Scrubs Season nine, episode five. So he gets the anonymous negative review. JD tells Turk that Eagles are played out, which is true. Enough of the eagling, I.
Speaker 2: Think, are you fucking on crack man?
Speaker 1: Listen? I know the audience loves eagling and I like to eagle.
Speaker 2: When I get to fucking eagle.
Speaker 1: You never get to eagle your too.
Speaker 2: I sometimes get to eagle.
Speaker 1: Who eagles you?
Speaker 2: I got to eagle at like a comic con type situation where I was.
Speaker 1: You got was? It? Was it a large man who has big muscles, very strong, because.
Speaker 2: I was like, and I was like, I don't want to get on your back, and he was like, just do it for God. Back out now. He was big and he helped me up, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Oh, so well, listen, I don't know if there's a reboot.
Speaker 2: Do you clinch your knees together when you eagle?
Speaker 1: Yes, you have to. You have to get a good grip. I should teach a course and how to eagle properly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how to say eagle too. Well, now people use it in the wrong way. People like I would love it if we could do the eagle.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you don't do the I don't know if we should egle. If we do a reboot, it feels.
Speaker 2: You're on crack. Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I don't think we should do it.
Speaker 2: They want us to eagle and T mobile commercials. You don't want an eagle, dude.
Speaker 1: I just think that eagling is is something. I just think that eagling is.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Joelle. Do you think if we do a reboot of Scrubs that it would be it would be okay for us to forego eagling.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think it would get on his back an eagle for us?
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: They're like, look, give the people what they want. I guess that would be.
Speaker 3: The dopest eagle left. That would have been a dope eagle. I have to make the back of Jason Momoa.
Speaker 2: E double eagle, double eagle eagle.
Speaker 1: We'll have to do a bit about it where we're like, like both of our backs hurt and I'm like, hold on his step stool to get on you.
Speaker 2: You know, I would love to eagle.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, me so funny, Did I tell you this about my idea for how the reboot.
Speaker 2: Would open where you're flying on an eagle.
Speaker 1: No where, It's like, you totally do a an homage to the first episode of Scrubs, you know when JD hits the alarm and then he hops out of bed and remember didn't we talk.
Speaker 5: About this, Yeah, we did talk about ideas.
Speaker 1: The idea is that He's got like a seapap on and he's like he's like back hurts. As he gets out of bed. You look over and Elliott's got like a night gear on, like a you know, like because she's like, you know, snores or something. I mean, I don't know, like like total contrasts. And then and then he gets to the mirror. Instead of like putting a shaving cream all over my chest, I'm like so exhausted and I'm like really bored shaving, and like, you know, JD's just become like a tired You know.
Speaker 3: That that would be an actual great moment to use the mirror as what had what's happened in the last few years, also what's.
Speaker 2: Happened in the last you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He goes to the mirror and as he's shaving or whatever it is, you can see in his reflection everything that's happened. So the audience catches up and now we understand why we're back at a hospital with everybody again.
Speaker 1: Right, get you could do that, or you could also have the original JD from the pilot in the mirror and he's like looking at his young self being like what's become of me?
Speaker 2: Right, does that too, here's.
Speaker 1: No joy left in his life?
Speaker 3: How come everybody gets cynical as they get older? How come everybody?
Speaker 2: How come?
Speaker 3: How why does wisdom seem to freaking promote cynicism?
Speaker 2: Like or you know what I mean? Like, why is that?
Speaker 3: Why the more knowledge I get, the more pessimism I.
Speaker 2: Feel towards the world and stuff?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 5: Because you've experienced the.
Speaker 1: Negative experienced When you're a child, you're just so wide eyed and you don't know what you don't know. And then as you grow and you experience heartache and loss and grief and financial strain and worry about providing for your family and all these things, it's sort of like it's sort of like mud accumulating on a on a windshield, and by the time you're forty nine years old, it's hard to see through that windshield, and so there's things we can all do to clean off that windshield. But I think that's what came up for me when you said that, is like you're operating with all of this, with all of this mud on your windshield.
Speaker 3: That's a great that's a great way to put it. But it feels like it feels like that we see it in the television show. You just described it in the opening of the new series Scrubs. You know what I mean, It just seems like that's always.
Speaker 1: What I was thinking, Like, you know, a young, joyful twenty something who has his first day as an intern. He just has so much excitement at him. He doesn't he can't believe he got here, doesn't it. And then after twenty five years of dealing with the stress and insurance companies and death and loss and the trouble in his marriage, and you know, I'm just making shit up, But you know, it's a different pint of view. It's someone who's weathered a lot of storms.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting show, especially because we know the characters already.
Speaker 1: You know, I think that's what would make a reboot better. To be honest, that's what it would interest me, would be. And this isn't labn't said this to Bill, although I will. But to me, what makes interesting is like exactly what you just said, Don was like, it's still a comedy, of course, but it's coming from someone who's lived a lot of life and see and had a lot of ups and downs, and he's no longer that wide eyed kid who can't believe he's got this experience. He's someone who's who maybe has lost some joy in his life, and maybe through coming back together with the community of the people that love that he loved so much and reminds him of the joy in his life. Maybe that's what the premise of the show could be, is in reuniting with these seven people or so that he that he remembered such joy with some of that joy comes back into his life and cleans off his proverbial wind screen.
Speaker 3: It's just like I said in the beginning of the show, it's always Star Wars, Baby, it always goes back to fantasy at the end of the day, when.
Speaker 1: Did you get Star Wars?
Speaker 3: Because Yoda at the end of he goes off because of his experience and and all of the stuff. He exiles himself. Luke Skywalker exiles himself. All of these people exile himself, and it's just something that that's one thing that brings them back, and it's something from their past, whether it be Luke Skywalker, whether it be Ray with the with the with the message that his you know that Princess Leiah needs him. It always brings the hero, the dude who we started the hero's journey with back into purpose, and I feel like, you know, that's a great idea. I think that's no matter, it always works, but I think that's a great way to bring j D back into this whole situation.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Is Doctor Cox's journey the first time the first time around?
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: If you have this guy who's so beat up by life of his crazy parents, his relationship fell apart, he's unhappy with the institution he's in, and then this kid comes into his life and sort of ree sparks and reimagines all of this like beauty he has for his job, so that at the very end of season eight, anyway, we get to see into this future where he's part of this kid's family and they spend holidays together and stuff.
Speaker 3: That's another story right there. What the fuck was doctor Cox like as an intern when he was a student.
Speaker 2: What's that story? Who would play who would play Johnny? Who would play Kelso? Who would play Jordan? Like? These are stories that are all there ready for the freaking taking.
Speaker 3: If Scrubs comes back and trust Yellowstone shit or that, you know, we could go.
Speaker 2: I don't want to Stone.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna do like young Kelso. I mean, we're gonna, you know, if we do it, we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Like young Kelso. Sounds funny though, Young Sheldon Young Kelso.
Speaker 1: God, all right, I don't think somebody. I don't think you and I. I don't think you and I are in Young.
Speaker 2: Kelso executive producer on it. Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We're a break and we come back. We are gonna finish talking about the television show scrubb zach As Zacha love you. She really does, Yeah, she does.
Speaker 2: And we're back because you're a dick.
Speaker 1: She's such a good wife. You really married well I did?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, Sonny Sonny is back and uh is this Sonny's first appearance in season nine?
Speaker 5: Yes? I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Sonny's back and she wants to go on a date with her boyfriend. And there's this whole power play between Denise and Drew. Cox puts in her head that you know, our relationship is her. She's being dominated by Drew and the Drew is winning and he's controlling the relationship. Okay, and then we learned that Barry Friedman and when we do our hunting, it is the person who uh perhaps gave you the bad review gave us the bad review.
Speaker 2: Because there rs kind of look alike.
Speaker 1: Turk loves the magnifying glass.
Speaker 2: That he made JD buy.
Speaker 1: And they knock on Barry's They knock on Barry's door, and this is sort of a copy of the first episode I directed when We're looking for Heather Graham, because we knock on the mysterious door and kelto Kelso answers, yeah.
Speaker 2: He's he's taken over Barry's room.
Speaker 3: Barry was We find out that Barry hasn't been in school since the first couple of weeks and he washed out, and Kelso took his room and has been using it as his sex pad because he kid because having sex in the same bed that he had sex within it in gives him the softies.
Speaker 1: Right, And he says, come on in, you're letting all the funk.
Speaker 3: Out, meaning he's smoking that ship he got that gas? Really he got that gas?
Speaker 1: Does that mean that does that mean that he was letting he was smoking gonzo or does.
Speaker 2: It mean that he It ain't the sex funk, it's.
Speaker 1: The guy thought It meant like the smell of nobody else who.
Speaker 2: Had a person that where the fun where where where?
Speaker 1: She may have just left thirty seconds before they knocked. We don't know.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: I took it as this motherfuckers smoking weed. He's not a doctor anymore. He smokes weed. He freaking teaches classes, he's living the best life.
Speaker 1: Okay, well he's getting high in the dorm room. And there it is. Yeah, I'm he says, I'm working the case right now, and I am this close to cracking and open.
Speaker 2: Right this is when? So so that was.
Speaker 1: JD is like sew into being a detective of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watched it.
Speaker 1: Really And I had a moment, dude where I was like kind of stoked about watching you and I'm being detectives. I guess that's what psych is.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's it's us. It's us as detectives.
Speaker 1: It's us as detectives.
Speaker 2: But it's stars. But it's stars two different people.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: But is there?
Speaker 1: Not D, I've never watched psych?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 1: Is there? A? Is there? What is the what is psych about?
Speaker 2: What is I've never watched it in my life? Friends, and I've never watched psych.
Speaker 3: Fabulous, Sure we should rewatch watch everybody. Everybody says to every all the time you and Zach should have guest starred on Psych.
Speaker 5: I'm like, get the fabulous gut starts. Here's the thing. It's a white guy and a start on scrubs.
Speaker 2: Y'all can eat a dick?
Speaker 1: Was in the Psych?
Speaker 2: You, Sae Joe.
Speaker 3: I'm not shuying you directly, such.
Speaker 1: A hoe for being other TV?
Speaker 2: Your mother yea psych? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What else? She's always fucking somebody other, some other jewish looking TV character's girlfriend. And I'm pissed off about it. Don't be mad, all right, Joell? What is psych about it? In a nutshell? Please?
Speaker 5: Okay? This a black friend and a white friend. A white friend is a great detective. He's fabulous, but his dad's a detective. He doesn't like his dad, so he doesn't want to follow in his shoes, so instead he pretends to be a psychic detective so to help solve crimes without becoming a part of the hooly unit his father is a part of. His best friend tags along to try to be the grounding element when he goes off. And it's crazy and they have all kinds of crazy hijinks and adventures and it's amazing. If you like people with photographic memories. He has one frequently he'll be like, oh yeah, I'll do the Detective TV thing. He touches his forehead, He's like, I remember, and then you get a black and white flashback other thing you saw sc that's the Scrubs flash. It's so good, guys. It's super funny and delightful. There are so many episodes. It's like trying to do react to the last year, Like there are just simply too many episodes, but there are mostly great, and they keep doing movies.
Speaker 1: They've done like three movies because.
Speaker 5: It's so good.
Speaker 3: This thing, actually, this thing actually was was actually like like I get this a lot whenever I take pictures with Doulay or whenever in Deulay, and like I've known Delay since we were kids, and that's my connection. But everybody's connection to me and Doulay is pretty much we pretty much played the same character, but in two different worlds, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Really, all right, let's keep going. Uh, let's see, uh Lucy gives j D puppy dog.
Speaker 2: Guys, and he falls for it.
Speaker 1: He falls for it. Perry wrote the bad review we learned and just as it, by the way, then the balloons drop This not a second commercial break? Did you guys notice that that isn't the norm?
Speaker 5: I thought there was a weird set up with.
Speaker 1: A strange it had a weird second commercial break.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about commercials, guys? To be honest, would you prefer commercials not existed or would you prefer that?
Speaker 1: You to add, I wouldn't want to watch a commercial break. I'd rather pay for a streaming service without commercials.
Speaker 2: I don't mind commercials.
Speaker 5: It depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I'm not trying to think, and it's commercial just except the amount of time I don't have to be thinking. But if I'm into a show like oh man, we had a friend's place watching Shogun and they didn't have no commercial Hulu, so here we are, well, I know.
Speaker 3: It was it a commercial break at the time where you need where it was like a dun dunt like I like a perfect set.
Speaker 2: Right. I think that's kind of cool. There's something cool.
Speaker 1: I don't like commercials. Everybody all right? So Cox confronts JD. These fucking kids need tough low of you know, gives him a whole lesson. He's back to giving JD lessons, this time about being a teacher. Denise decides not to steal from Drew, so that means that she's in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was part of the show right now, if you ask, adorable.
Speaker 1: And as I always say each each episode of this podcast, Michael Mosley is the most grounded person in the show. JD doesn't show up for Lucy on purpose because Cox got to his head. And there's a fantasy where she imagines roller skating with JD. And he's dressed as a needle and I guess this has been Scrubs. What he said that needle has been in an episode of Scrubs before the needle costume, I don't remember. And then then they decide they're going to do a big, fucking massive super Eagle and they tell all the kids that the cast of Twilight is in the quad.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that day? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do remember that day.
Speaker 3: Do you remember who was watching us from the balcony that day?
Speaker 1: Tim Burton?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shut up?
Speaker 5: What was watching you guys do super Eagles? In the parking lot?
Speaker 1: I think he was cutting? Do you remember what movie was cutting? Was?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Maybe Alice in Wonderland? Would that line up twenty ten.
Speaker 5: Then els Whener comes out twenty eleven, I think.
Speaker 1: Wow, Joelle, you might have that photographic memory thing that that.
Speaker 5: A movie theater in twenty eleven. I remember.
Speaker 1: Tim Burton was working on the same lot cutting a movie I think was Alice in Wonderland, and we were all doing that Super Eagle and I think we all looked up and Tim Burton was watching a Super Eagle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Kelso sells Cole viagra as the tag.
Speaker 2: That's a good drug dealer right there.
Speaker 1: I don't know why Cole needs viagra, but he's curious about having some, and he scores some from Kelso.
Speaker 5: We have an airport bar control for women together. What a nightmare?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's wait, hold up, I got to talk about airport bars. I was just recently in an airport bar. I was traveling go ahead, and I asked, are their regulars? And I don't mean people that fly in and out? I mean people that just come to the bar at the airport.
Speaker 1: But how do you get past security if you're going to an airport, I mean before security?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yes, And they were like, yeah, that actually is a thing.
Speaker 3: There are quite a few people that frequent the Burbank Airport and drink.
Speaker 2: Like cheers and then go home.
Speaker 1: That's really sad.
Speaker 2: That's so sad.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I feel sad for them, but I do.
Speaker 3: I when I heard that, I was like, holy shit, the drinks aren't that good?
Speaker 5: What were you?
Speaker 3: I was having a bloody Mary at the time, and I was like, this ain't the best blay. I wouldn't travel.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't travel to Burbank for that bloody Mary.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't travel from the Burbank okay, for there were serving at the Burbank airport.
Speaker 1: All right. On that note, Joelle, do you have any people that want to weigh in on Scrubs Season nine, episode five.
Speaker 5: We have two voicemails. One is the review. You can play that one first dannel. That would be awesome, and the second one will let that be a surprise.
Speaker 9: I hope it's Tamika, Joel, Daniel, Zach and Donald. My name is Katie. I'm calling in from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I'm watching Scrub season nine for the first time ever. I really could never bring myself to watch it when it originally aired, and I've always skipped it in my rewatches. My biggest issue, and I'll discuss this specifically in regards to season nine, episode five, is that we seem to have lost all traces of this being one of the most medically accurate shows on television. To have an opinion on medical accuracy, I know that's what you're thinking, and that's a great question. My husband completed medical school, residency and anesthesiology, and is currently doing a fellowship in regional anesthesia and acute pain Medicine. I've been by his side every step of the way, and anyone who's been on this journey knows that the spouse goes through it just as much as the doctor. As a side note, my husband was an intern at the start of COVID when your podcast started. It was a lot for us to take on, and your podcast was a huge support for me during that time. My oldest child was actually born on Joelle's birthday, October first, in twenty twenty. Anyways, I digress to set the stage for season nine, episode five. According to JD at the top of the episode, we're now six weeks into medical school. Under no circumstances would a student who has completed only six weeks of medical school be doing any type of procedure on live patients. Drew and the crash cart in episode three. This really pushed me over the edge, and I knew that I had to send in a review for you. Medical students are not interns. They would not be drawing blood. This is a skill learned much later. Drew wouldn't be walking around the hospital grabbing medical files off the counter to go see a patient. That really bothered me when he did that as he was talking to Joe Denise, and it seems to just have lost the authenticity that the original eight seasons had. Besides that, JD is just still so needy. At the end of season eight, we see a beautiful montage of JD Elliott, doctor Cox, and Jordan Turk and Carla. Their relationship has grown and they've become more like a family than just coworkers. Season nine seems to disregard that entirely. All of the character growth for JD over the eight years totally crumbles as he reverts to striving for everyone's approval all the time. Searching for the author of his negative evaluation is just so unethical. It's just not the spot we left him. At the end of season eight, I was also disappointed in the joke he made about the deaf student in his class. This was just insensitive and not funny. The Hardy Boys book covers did make me laugh, and I liked the old school shenanigans between JD and Turk. I just can't appreciate it as much within the context of this greater character degradation. We've left the world of realism and turned the whole foundation of the show into a farce. Thank you for letting me speak my piece. I love your show and hope you all have a great day.
Speaker 1: We've left the world of realism for a farce. I mean, she said it better than we've been trying to say it.
Speaker 2: I've been stuttering and stuttering and stammering and stumbling trying to say exactly that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well she did a very good job. And you're right, Katie, Right, Katie, everything you said is accurate, and yeah, we agree, we agree.
Speaker 2: There's got to be somebody out there that's like, all.
Speaker 11: Of you are fucking wrong. This is the best television I've ever seen in my life, and all of you deserved Emmys, and fucking it's got to be some I'm inferring.
Speaker 1: I'm in deferring that Joelle is having trouble finding those people.
Speaker 5: There's not as many of them. We will have some more positive reviews coming up in the your future. I did want to end this episode on a positive note, so why don't we go ahead and play our second voice note really quickly.
Speaker 1: I hope it's the couple that allow the woman to have sex with the friend.
Speaker 2: Do you get me too? Please be back, please come back.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling it's not okay.
Speaker 12: There's a new doctor in town and he's ready to get down. Prest In in Journal Medicine, paint on the take your last mistake because you say your HMO about his bed.
Speaker 8: As a matter of.
Speaker 1: That was fire.
Speaker 5: That's what our good friend Travis, he heard us shout about on the pod and he was like, I have this one that's been in the chamber for a while. I wanted to share it with you guys, and I was like, this really lifted my spirits.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Damn I need that for the sound I need that for my soundboard.
Speaker 4: I'll set it over.
Speaker 1: I just need the hook, doctor Ala and the horns.
Speaker 2: Doctor dark Cula.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Travis, Travis, we really appreciate that. Wow, I that was great. I was a bop much appreciate it. Tea Fresh, I love a nice BOPO we love a bob. How you guys been listening to Beyonce's Country.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, real good. I'm gonna say something right now, Zach. I'm gonna say something right now.
Speaker 1: Howbody calm down, Zach?
Speaker 2: I can't. I cannot calm down and listen? Oh my right, Oh god.
Speaker 5: I listened to her every the first thing I do in the morning, as I say and hit play on America Let's Go. I listened to it no lesson three times a day every day since it came out. I am absolutely obsessed. Almost off book. I've almost memorized now getting into harmonies, been in the harmonies.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: The song she does with Miley Cyrus to.
Speaker 2: Most most want is Fire. That one.
Speaker 1: With Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, harmonized.
Speaker 5: You don't know Thelma and Louise of song because each song is based off of a movie. This is definitely the Thelma and Louise track.
Speaker 2: Bodyguard is Fire, Bodyguard? Everybody else?
Speaker 5: A Deeke produced the hell out of Bodyguard.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, freaking projector Fire projector.
Speaker 5: Protector made me. I send it to my mom Immediately, I was like, this is how you love me like a baby, a baby.
Speaker 2: It's rare, it's rare good.
Speaker 5: It's the really spaghetti. When she brings out the rap, I said, you have to do this to us. She sings opera? Is that she sings opera?
Speaker 2: And my favorite, you know, my favorite song on the whole record is do you tell me.
Speaker 5: Come here?
Speaker 3: You pretty little thing like Levi's jeans, that is fire, turn you on?
Speaker 2: You know all this shall change the logo to the two US.
Speaker 5: It's perfect, It's divine.
Speaker 3: Is it doing well in hole? This woman went out and did her research. Not only is she coming into country as an artist, but she's coming with the knowledge of everything that's came in the past, all the black knowledge too, and she'd bring in the white knowledge.
Speaker 2: Also. She's not turning her back on.
Speaker 3: Anybody, turning back on anybody.
Speaker 5: Blackbird is so beautiful.
Speaker 2: A country song that's a fucking country song.
Speaker 5: On the country Apple iTunes. She's the first black woman to hit number one and no I'm sorry, the first person in America with a country album to hit number one on the UK charts. It's doing very good everything.
Speaker 3: The first black outist ever have a number one record on the country charts.
Speaker 1: Question was is the country community embracing It's a mixed bag.
Speaker 5: It's a mixed bag. I think there's definitely a segment of the country community who was like, this isn't country and I don't want it. They were overturned pretty quickly as as far as people like calling into country radios and requesting the songs. Eventually they had to capitown and be like, it is country and we will play it. Uh, it's weird and foolish. I think for anyone to be like Beyonce of the Deep South, Texas and by way of Louisiana can't hold down this genre. I think she killed it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, it all comes. It all stems from when she did that song with the Dixie Chicks, Samtis.
Speaker 1: When it comes to Beyonce, you have that skill where you can remember anything, any date that happened.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, for sure, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: But but it was you could tell by watching the audience this young lady's on stage killing it, you know, like literally on stage giving a great performance. And there were certain people in the audience who didn't appreciate the fact that a black woman was singing a black pop star was singing their music.
Speaker 5: Or that she brought their outlaws. They kicked the Dixie Chicks out and she said, I'm bringing them back with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she brought the Outlaws with her, right, that's what The Dixie Chicks should change their name to the Outlaws.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But hold on, We're not done.
Speaker 5: Are not?
Speaker 2: We're not done.
Speaker 3: Everybody likes a little ass flay, don't even act like you don't. But they were hating on her, and that's where this album comes from. The album comes from. You know, it would have been different if people would have been like, yo, yo, come on through, everybody's welcome. But instead she got a lot of pushback and it showed up again.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm a Beyonce fan. I can't lie. Look at you.
Speaker 3: I sound like a hive behive, freaking like, how can I don't get it?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Like if Beyonce was like, I'm gonna save Star Wars, I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, go save it, then show me what it is.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: This ever country ain't never seen nothing. Not only a country people buying it, but everybody else.
Speaker 2: Is to they ain't never seen.
Speaker 1: In house arrest.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna listen. You've convinced me.
Speaker 5: Oh, I have one more announcement. We have a sweepstakes for the backpack giveaway. That's how I Heart says we should do it. We should do a sleep stakes. So there will be a website iHeartRadio dot com slash f d r F. So the initials of this show fake Doctor's Real Friends f as in Frank Dias and doctor RS and Richard f isn't Frank again, iHeart dot com slash f d r F. You must enter before the last day of April, I believe. So just go to iHeartRadio dot com slash f d r F f as in Frank Dias and doctor RS and Richard f as in Frank to win the sleep stakes. Get yourself a Scrubs backpack today.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody, thank you for tuning in. We appreciate you. We really know you can choose many podcasts in your day, and we thank you for choosing Fake Doctors, real friends. It is our pleasure to entertain you and hopefully make you giggle. Donald.
Speaker 3: If you didn't giggle today, I apologize if you didn't giggle.
Speaker 1: We apologized, but we tried. We tried for an hour and twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went. We went extra long.
Speaker 1: Yeah to hopefully hopefully coax a giggle out of you.
Speaker 2: All I wanted was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we gotta, if we gotta, if we got one, if we got one.
Speaker 2: I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah me too.
Speaker 3: Job well done, Well, take care of your loved ones everyone.
Speaker 1: Stories were not show. We made about a bunch of dogs and nurses.
Speaker 8: He said, he's the stories. So yeah here Yeah jackto