Speaker 1: Hey, it's Alexis from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. They told me to intro the podcast. So yep, here I am intro. Done.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go Today we wonder how how does Brook's husband do it? Morning?
Speaker 1: Rest of that sentence it what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, in any relationship, one of the biggest changes is when you go from just casually dating to fully living with them. And rumor is that's happened in Brooks marriage recently. How can you confirm it?
Speaker 1: We've been living together for a while. Wow, thank you.
Speaker 2: And a new survey asked men to name things they did not know about women until they moved in with one. That's when the real education begins.
Speaker 3: And it always depends on if these men had sisters or not. How they're going to answer this, I mean, honestly.
Speaker 2: Here's some of the best answers from the survey. Number six. Just like cats, they quote, naturally gravitate to the warmest parts of the house. This guy said, I'm honestly unsure if she loves me or just my excess heat.
Speaker 3: If it's not your role to warm my feet up in bed every night, your point, they're like ice blocks.
Speaker 1: It's not my fault.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with women in your feeture doing? Number five? I never knew a tiny, five foot tall, one hundred pound woman could somehow take up an entire king sized bed sprawlers.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Number four how long it takes to put on makeup? The guy said growing up he never saw his mom do hers and didn't realize it's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: It really depends on the person takes me along my makeup, just getting ready as a whole though.
Speaker 2: Just being that seventh layer of foundation on, it's really important. Number three, their hair gets everywhere. A guy's toe was hurting, so we took his shoes off and he found one single long hair wrapped around it, cutting off his circulation hoodies. Number two. She takes her bra off at the end of the day the exact same way I take my belt off, with the force of a thousand suns and a huge sigh of relief.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it is nice.
Speaker 2: And the number one thing guys don't realize about women until they actually live with one. It's just three words. Quote pillows, pillows every Why do we have to have fifteen pillows?
Speaker 3: The only reason you live in a nice place is because you live with a woman.
Speaker 2: Part of it looking nice is the pillows, and they need something soft to throw with their husbands when they're misbehaving too.
Speaker 1: Why would you throw something soft from.
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Really, everywhere.
Speaker 2: We've learned a lot about what it's like to live and work with women. Let's learn some more trivia when we go over to digital Jake for our shakaaq other day, give it to us Jake.
Speaker 5: Today we celebrate the birthday of comedian and bad boy for life Martin Lawrence. But did you know he shares his birthday with another famous comedy action star. You've probably heard his name, but don't know much about him because he never actually spoke in many of his films. Uh talking about Charlie Chaplin the same birthday. Yeah, he was Hollywood's original buddy cop comedy action star Harton whom Martin Lawrence copied a century later. Clearly, So today we're gonna honor these legends of film by doing a special whose film was it?
Speaker 2: Edition of.
Speaker 5: Plenty of twenty in the same vein as Robert Downie Junior in Grumby Cat. I'll go around the room and I'll say a movie title. You just have to tell me if it stars Martin Lawrence or Charlie Chaplin. I don't get it right, and you're still in the game.
Speaker 6: I never thought I would play this game in my life again.
Speaker 5: We're all going to start with the woman who minored in early twentieth century filmography at Boise State. That's Alexis.
Speaker 2: You have the advantage.
Speaker 5: You ready, Alexis. Your film title is the Skank Robbers. Is that a Martin Lawrence or a Charlie Chaplin movie?
Speaker 1: Wait, he's a mine, right, Charlie Chapman.
Speaker 2: No, he was silent films.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there was no talking. So he's the one that had the cane that would like.
Speaker 2: He looks like Hitler with the hat.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, I feel like all like silent movies or robberies and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's so I'm that guy. Charlie Chaplin, she said.
Speaker 5: That guy, meaning Charlie Chaplin.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 5: It was Martin Lawrence Robins from Robin Skanks The Skanks Are the Robbers Hostay from twenty eleven. In a cross dress in comedy, Martin Lawrence and Jamie Fox became two of the baddest and ugliest female arm robbers America's ever faced Why.
Speaker 1: Can I picture the cover of that for subury?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, we're on a Brook.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brook.
Speaker 5: Your film is The Knockout? Is that Martin Lawrence or Charlie Chaplin.
Speaker 1: Man the Knockout?
Speaker 3: I mean it could be about so many different things, right, It could be about boxing.
Speaker 1: It could be about a really hot girl. Right, she's the knockout.
Speaker 2: It's true, someone gets like hit with like a falling object.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be about boxing. I think it's Charlie Chaplin.
Speaker 5: Brook says, Charlie Chaplin, that is correct. It was nineteen fourteen film. And to show his girl how brave he is, Charlie challenges a large man named Fatty to a championship boxing match. Fun fact, one out of every four boxers back then was named Fatty.
Speaker 1: That could also be the plot to a Martin Laws.
Speaker 8: May come up later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jose, it's your turn. Your movie is Dough Dynamite? Is that Martin Lawrence or Charlie Chaplin.
Speaker 6: I could see Charlie Chapman baking a cake or a pie, has a bunch of dough and then he opens.
Speaker 1: And oh there's dynamite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm gonna spoilers. This is how sorry.
Speaker 6: This is a slapstick comedy that Charlie Chapman obviously killed.
Speaker 5: All right, Hose said Charlie Chaplin, that is sorry.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 5: Another nineteen fourteen film, He was Busy that year, where Charlie and another waiter at the restaurant become bakers and they put a stick of dynamite a piece of bread.
Speaker 1: I figured it out. Yeah, very complex.
Speaker 5: Let's finish off round one with Jeffrey. Your film is the Pawnshop? Is that Martin Lawrence or Charlie Chaplin?
Speaker 1: Older? Did they have them in the nineteen tens?
Speaker 6: And I don't know, pon have the originals from the nineteen tens now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they were just called shops.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just got it fresh off the breast. I just see it as being like a Martin Lawrence hijinks thing. Give me Martin.
Speaker 5: Lawrence, jeff said, Martin Lawrence, that is incorrect. It was Charlie Chaplin's nineteen sixteen film where Charlie gets fired by a pawnbroker, then re hired a day later, and predictably, he destroys everything in the shot. We're on the round two only Brook and Jose are left.
Speaker 8: Brook.
Speaker 5: It's the sudden death part of Martin Lawrence versus Charlie Chaplin. Brook. You get this right, you win, You get it wrong, you lose. He's taking it out of Jose's hands. Brook. Your title is talking Dirty after Dark? Is that Martin Lawrence or Charlie Chaplin.
Speaker 1: Talking Dirty after Dark?
Speaker 3: Decends so naughty. I don't think they would play that in the theaters. Back then, I'm gonna go Martin Lawrence, which said.
Speaker 5: Martin Lawrence, she gets it right, she wins.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 5: From nineteen ninety one. Martin Lawrence plays a regular guy who can't pay his sixty seven dollars phone bill, so he has to turn to stand up comedy to pay it. You won today's edision of plenty of twenty give me.
Speaker 3: Those song lyrics and passing them to Alexis.
Speaker 2: Brooke is choosing Alexis, and she'll be singing wanna be by Spice Girls.
Speaker 3: She didn't even know who the two people were that we were talking about.
Speaker 1: I recognize the name. If you want to be my lover, you gotta get with my friend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank your last forever friendship.
Speaker 2: Never thankfully the singing, and so that's your shot the question.
Speaker 4: Of the day, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Everyone in this room has a special talent that we try to highlight somewhere in our show. Yeah, I use my golden pipes for my song of the week Every Friday. Jose shows off his impression skills in our phone taps an Alexis does, So, Alexis, what was your talent to get?
Speaker 1: What do I do?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: You You're fine, You're lovable. I know I have one.
Speaker 2: You're gossiping about coworkers behind their backs.
Speaker 1: So fast.
Speaker 2: We do the gossip behind the coworkers backside. Yeah, and then of course we have Brook. The greatest talent is knowledge of completely useless facts that no one would ever need to know.
Speaker 1: I would like to thank my Dad's the.
Speaker 2: One I got and it's coming hand. She's about to display her skills once again when we play trivia. Can you beat the Queen of random fun Facts? It's make sure everyone knows about. Lillian is back to play a game with us. She's won and one all time against you, Brook. Okay, and what's she excited about? She's looking forward to her mother day road trip, where she's going with her best friend. They're gonna relax, enjoy the time together, and do karaoke at every bar in America.
Speaker 1: Wow, how long is this road trip? She actually? Are you abandoning your children for three years?
Speaker 9: I wouldn't say three years, two and a half.
Speaker 2: Long enough people to really really miss her.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to William, Lillian. What's your go to karaoke song?
Speaker 9: Red velvet? I mean black velvet.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry say it wrong.
Speaker 2: After a few drinks, it doesn't matter what color velvet velvet.
Speaker 1: I love that song.
Speaker 2: Vets and the little Boy's smile.
Speaker 3: It's a little boy Southern style.
Speaker 2: No, that's Lilian's song. By the way, don't take Lilian.
Speaker 1: I don't have a karaoke song. People don't like it when I karaoke.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 2: We're gonna say Brook out of the studio for a second, and Lilian, let's go over the rules. You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat Brook outright if you want to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 5: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. Victoria Beckham celebrates a birthday tomorrow. She was a member of what famous English girl group in the NFL. What yard line must a team be on to be considered in the red zone? Ooh, one hundred yard?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Shinto is a religion native to which Asian country.
Speaker 4: Muslim?
Speaker 2: A typical roll of dimes is worth? How many dollars eight? Which zodiac sign is symbolized by two fish?
Speaker 10: Cancer?
Speaker 2: All right, Lillian got your answer. Zanbrook's gonna come back into the studio. I know you've been on with us before, but remind us again, what do you do for work?
Speaker 9: I work with the homeless community?
Speaker 2: Well on behalf of Brook. She would like to donate ten thousand dollars to your organization. So generous. Bruk's your turn? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Good luck? Your time starts now. Victoria Beckham celebrates a birthday tomorrow. She was a member of what famous English girl group Spice Girl in the NFL? What yard line must a team be on to be considered in the red zone?
Speaker 1: Ooh thirty.
Speaker 2: Shinto is a religion native to which Asian country, Japan? A typical roll of dimes is worth? How many dollars five? Which zodiac sign is symbolized by two fishs? What? Michael Jackson's what was Michael Jackson's best selling single.
Speaker 1: Of all time, thriller.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got our answers in, and now it's time to go over to the scoreboard to see how we all did with jose Oh.
Speaker 1: I love it when you dress up like a nurse.
Speaker 2: And I do it often.
Speaker 6: Lillian, you got one correct today.
Speaker 1: It was not all right, Hill that you got five.
Speaker 2: Who man, Bruka is really on it today. Let's go over the answers for everybody. Victoria Beckham celebrates a birthday tomorrow. She was part of the Spice Girls. She turns turns fifty years old today. Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Wow, she looks so guy.
Speaker 2: I know, plastic amazing. In the NFL, the yard line you have to be on to be in the red zone is not the one hundred yard line, Lily and that that's not a real yard line. But it's the twenty yard line. Once you're within the twenties, you're in the red zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said.
Speaker 2: Shinto is a religion native to Japan. A typical ad dimes is worth five dollars. It's fifty dimes per roll. The zodiac sign that has two fishes Pisces and Michael Jackson's best selling single of all time was Yes Thriller, which sold over ten million copies.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, audition night with jeff He loves karaoke and he has never invited us out, Lily, And.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, Lily, and you understand what I know.
Speaker 1: Had a show karaoke night, it would be so.
Speaker 2: Fired it all right, I'll zoom into that zoom, Lilian, thanks very much for being with us. It wasn't enough to beat Brooke, but just for playing, we are going to give you a pair of tickets to see Kane Brown's in the Air tour at t Mobile Park on August sixteenth. You get your tickets to see multi platinum country artists Kane Brown today at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I isy, and you're a karaoke I.
Speaker 2: Heard he has no very good voice, So Lily, you're gonna have to go and tell us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I let us know of course.
Speaker 2: All right, Lily, and thanks for playing.
Speaker 4: Come back anytime, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Autobody shops tend to have a certain reputation for screwing customers over, especially if you don't know much about cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and automotive shops have those.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not all of them, obviously, but you do hear stories about them overcharging, taking longer than they said, putting the steering wheel in the back row. Is that just my car?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, it makes it really hard to drive.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: You're literally a backcat driver, my own Vasa driver. But we have a listener on the phone whose family owns an auto repair shop, and she found a sneaky way to get even with any rude customers that came in. She would never overcharge them. Her revenge was much much more petty than that. Oh God, and hilarious too. You're gonna hear it in a brand new mass speaker right after this you don't know me confession.
Speaker 5: I can't take back o arms.
Speaker 2: Mouse speaker text seventy five nine two says I'm thirty eight years old and I just realized you can totally put a king sized fitted sheet on a queen sized bed, and it's way easier than struggling to stretch it out to all the four corners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's all lucy goosey on the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be weird. Yeah, you can make it type by pulling it out underneath.
Speaker 1: That loosens up you can staple it.
Speaker 2: I'm mind blowing personally, things fit over small things. Yeah, you never know what crazy nuggets of wisdom you're gonna learn when we do the mass speaker. You're right, king.
Speaker 1: Sheets for all your beds now, just spending more money for no reason.
Speaker 2: Hopefully today's listener has some mind blowing knowledge to drop on us, and she's going by the name Teresa today. So Teresa, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I always feel like people are gonna be nervous on this segment because you're confessing something.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling acting? You're chunkling. That was not what I expected.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 2: You're confess seven people. Your confession is going to make us laugh today.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it'll make you laugh, but it'll make you think twice about being a jerk.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, okay, okay, yeah, Well some people in this room need that lesson, he included, So voice changer is on you. Are you hear the mass speaker whenever you're ready, Let's hear your confession?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: Well, my dad had an autobody shop. I worked at it as long as I can remember. I started there as like a teenager doing like a little odd tasks and then you know, once I turned seventeen, I actually became basically like the greeter intake person.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're on the office side, then you're not an auto mechanic yourself.
Speaker 7: No, no, not in our own mechanic myself. But I would basically be as soon as someone would pull up, I would go outside with the clipboard, find out, you know, what's giving them.
Speaker 2: A problem, give them a hug, and reassure them that everything's going to be okay.
Speaker 1: Just slip them the five thousand.
Speaker 7: I was definitely not a hugger, like.
Speaker 2: Little personal touch when you and I get it.
Speaker 1: Look, I didn't know that body was the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you were like the greeter and you did like the initial check of the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all that gap.
Speaker 7: I noticed the trend, and it was that people would be jerked to me sometimes, like they would roll up in there picked off at the world, and like take it.
Speaker 1: Out on me.
Speaker 2: That's why you need to do the hugging thing to help them.
Speaker 1: If you didn't do it, I'm not a therapist.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, plus you're like an eighteen year old girl, right, So it's like and like car shops kind of bad.
Speaker 1: Automatically super being scammed.
Speaker 2: So that must suck to have to deal with that.
Speaker 8: It did.
Speaker 7: It did, especially like.
Speaker 4: A young girl.
Speaker 7: So when someone was a jerk to me, I would go ahead and make a little asterisk in the.
Speaker 10: Corner of their incake form okay, and that would I.
Speaker 7: Need that when it was time to check them out at the end, I would make it a point to concoct some obnoxious story or excuse or thing that I would tell them and like, what do you mean? Yeah, Like I would say, oh, obviously we repaired the damage on your car, but I'd be like, but with that new coating we put on, you're not going to be able to wash your car for about six months.
Speaker 2: Oh six months, six months, yeah, or the.
Speaker 7: Coating will wear away and the paint could peel off.
Speaker 1: So your revenge was they had to drive her ound in a dirty car.
Speaker 7: Hold on, that was actually not that dumb. One time I remember this one guy was such can I say the d word on there?
Speaker 8: Yes, he was such a to me.
Speaker 7: It was the middle of winter, and I told him, hey, engine is all fixed, good to go, but just one tip, I wouldn't use the heater from maybe thirty to sixty days. I don't want to avoid your warranty.
Speaker 1: Oh, avoid your warranty.
Speaker 2: You avoid the warranty is scary. I would be like, oh, I don't want to avoid anything either.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then when it gets to be summer, the ac is the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 7: Speaking of summer, you guys, worst thing I ever did to a customer gets worse. I had had shrimp for lunch, like a shrimp scampy I brought from home, and I decided to hide a piece of shrimp underneath the driver's seat of her car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and scampy is like a garlic. Oh.
Speaker 7: I knew in the hot summer, over days and days, it would start like deteriorating and rotten so bad. So I was like, just so you know, the fluids we put in the engine after the repair, I kind of like a little fishy odor.
Speaker 10: You might know there.
Speaker 7: That'll go away so they won't look for it.
Speaker 2: Now, did you quit the job there? Or did your dad fire you?
Speaker 1: Why don't never? We don't never have returning customers.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I mean I just I just grew out of YEA works.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, if your dad is listening right now, and he somehow connects the dots, he's still gonna be mad.
Speaker 7: You know, you guys, my dad is this big Italian guy like Tony Soprano, you know, but he's a Saffie and you'd be like, no one treats my daughter was a daddy girl.
Speaker 2: He put horseheads in their trunk and that was his joke. Hey, look I didn't cut the brake lines.
Speaker 1: We laughed.
Speaker 9: Family.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So you guys, this is just my reminder be nice to service workers and people who help you, because everyone's doing their best. And if you're not nice, we're gonna get back at your free.
Speaker 2: Shrimp scampy underneath seat.
Speaker 1: If you do take lunch to me, I know.
Speaker 2: Two days, give me that trimp the text seventy five night too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Your phone tab's coming.
Speaker 4: Up next, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Today, we call a guy who does workouts with his buddy at their local gym, and his friend wanted us to mess with him because apparently he's always on his phone whenever they're working out together. And we realized that's a major problem, which is why our company is launching a new Jim slogan, don't be a clown put the phone down.
Speaker 4: Oh I like it.
Speaker 2: We've got the best person to enforce it in your phone tab right now.
Speaker 4: It's another.
Speaker 9: Hello Hi Nick?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Hey, don't be a clown?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Put your phone down?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 9: What? Who is this?
Speaker 2: This is Robbie Boobies from Fitness.
Speaker 9: Did you say Robbie Boobies?
Speaker 2: That's right, I'm telling you don't be a clown. Put your phone down? Nick?
Speaker 9: Are you okay? But you just called me and now you're saying I'm not supposed to pick up as a slogan for.
Speaker 2: Jim criminals like yourself?
Speaker 9: Is this batman?
Speaker 2: I have a low voice and I have been compared to him before. I'm very self conscious about it. Thanks a lot for bringing it up.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, sorry, man, I just don't know what do you want from me? Hold on?
Speaker 2: Some weaklings got himself tangled in a jump rope? Please hold.
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 4: I'm back.
Speaker 2: Had to deal with some rubble makers again.
Speaker 8: That's congratulations, man, What do you want?
Speaker 2: I'm calling because you have a gym membership with us, And when you first filled out your initial survey, you wrote down you wanted to lose weight and get in better shape. Yeah, well you can't do that being a clown, So put your phone down.
Speaker 9: Why the hell are you keep saying that you're.
Speaker 2: Not getting it? Listen?
Speaker 9: No, I'm not getting it. Man, who you need to explain?
Speaker 2: You need to listen to me while everyone else is getting in shape, You're too busy staring at your phone watching the world burn.
Speaker 9: Wait, we are you? Are you saying that when I'm at the gym, I'm on my phone too much, like you're watching me?
Speaker 8: Like, are you serious?
Speaker 2: You're monitoring your fitness is our business? Okay, well actually that kind of rhymes.
Speaker 9: Why are you so invested in my workouts because.
Speaker 2: You're doom scrolling on TikTok where the bad guys live.
Speaker 9: Dude, I really think you're being over dramatic about this.
Speaker 2: We've seen you during your workouts stopping mid rep to check your X.
Speaker 9: That's none of your business. Maybe I'm stopping mid red because I'm going hard on my set and I need a little wrong.
Speaker 2: That's not true. We zoomed in on your phone and saw you swiping on a hinge. What saying no to that busty blonde was a bad move?
Speaker 9: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: You're looking at my screen?
Speaker 9: That's the total invasion of price.
Speaker 2: We're just trying to help you not be a clown. So put your phone down.
Speaker 9: Oh my, you know this isn't a movie, right. I'm just a normal person that works out of your chair.
Speaker 2: It's scum of the earth, people like you who may go into the gym a bad time, People like me. What are the clowns? You probably got a big frown on right now. We're just trying to get you to come around.
Speaker 9: You just gotta stop rhying me. Man, it's really not working. Are we done here?
Speaker 2: We're almost done. Just know that when you come into the gym next you will see your picture up behind the front desk. What you're gonna be our featured sad clown of the months.
Speaker 5: No, you cannot shame me for this.
Speaker 9: Everyone does.
Speaker 2: It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, and you are.
Speaker 2: A clown man.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you're a manager or supervisor or or a freaking janitor, but you can cancel my membership.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lower than a janitor. I work at a radio station.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 5: He said you work at the gym.
Speaker 2: Wrong again, And my real name is jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Is a brink call?
Speaker 9: Oh my, oh my, are you serious?
Speaker 2: It's a phone's Oh my god. Your buddy does set you up? He said, you guys are he did?
Speaker 9: Oh my, I'm gonna get him.
Speaker 5: Don't get him.
Speaker 2: He's looking out for you. He said that you're always on your phone when you work out at the gym together.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, Oh no, We're just trying to.
Speaker 2: Help you get in the best shape ever, Nick. So just remember the next time you're at the gym, what are you gonna do.
Speaker 9: We're gonna put my phone.
Speaker 8: Down and I'll be a clown.
Speaker 2: You're saying it wrong. Don't be a clown. Put your phone down, kid.
Speaker 4: The week of every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: When you find the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with, you need to be on the same page when it comes to certain things like how many kids you both want, where you want to live, who's your favorite Golden girl.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's had.
Speaker 2: The important things like that you have to agree on. And one of our listeners says that before they can get to anything wedding related, first he needs to have a difficult conversation with his fiance about their last names.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 2: All I can say is when we heard one of them, the entire studio reacted loudly. Okay, you're gonna hear why. It's more than a little problematic in your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 8: Next, it's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone.
Speaker 2: Planning a wedding can be a pretty stressful thing to do. That's why Brook let her husband played most of theirs. Brook just chose out the pies.
Speaker 9: And that was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, the only thing that has been cared about is that we got pizza delivered at eleven o'clock at night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, wow, you were involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did it all.
Speaker 8: Good for you.
Speaker 2: Most women don't get that intense and to their weddings. And one couple hasn't really even gotten to that stage of the planning yet, but already the groom is anxious and it has nothing to do with their actual wedding event. But it's a situation that's bad and awkward enough where he has to have a difficult conversation with his bride to be, So he's turning to us for a little bit of help. Let's welcome Travis to the show. Travis, how you doing, man, Hey guys.
Speaker 9: Good morning, doing well? Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I feel like if you're turning to us, like, on a scale of one to ten of how scared you are of your feet on s, it's going.
Speaker 4: To be high.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Man, this is a tough one.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Basically, my girlfriend and I we got engaged three months ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, now be called your fiance if you're engaged.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it sound so good?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 9: I mean, we've been just really excited and we're kind of getting into the whole wedding planning thing, and we've been founding all of our family and friend However, there is a bit of an issue and I'm not sure how to go about it, and it has to do with like the last names.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, who's last names?
Speaker 9: Well, so I know that like typically the women takes the man's last name, right, it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of old fashion these days.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well you took your husband's last name, Broke.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you took my.
Speaker 2: That was kind of an easy swap since you had the same last name, the.
Speaker 1: Same last name. We're not cousins. You can't say that because people actually believe.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: At least that's what she wants. Everybody. So traditionally women take the man's last name. Why is that a problem.
Speaker 9: Well, it's a problem you guys, because I hate my last name.
Speaker 1: Oh are you thinking about taking her last name?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I would love to take her last names.
Speaker 1: Great, that's awesome.
Speaker 8: She's gonna like love that.
Speaker 2: Why do you hate your last name?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with your now?
Speaker 9: Just because, like growing up, it was just like super awkward in school, people always made fun of me for it.
Speaker 1: Oh, interesting, Well you have to tell us now, ye Can we.
Speaker 2: Know what your last name is?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's Hubbard?
Speaker 1: Hubbard?
Speaker 8: What like puberty?
Speaker 2: Make fun of his name? He's self conscious about it. It's funny, bro And you know what, did we get it right? How do you spell it?
Speaker 9: Yeah? It's p U B B E r t H.
Speaker 1: Wow. She probably doesn't want it either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's interesting that they haven't had a conversation about it when it's such an easy name to make fun of.
Speaker 2: Right, But that's probably why she hasn't brought it up.
Speaker 3: I mean it's probably just Really, if you're dating, I feel like i'd bring it up all the time.
Speaker 2: You discussed this at all with your fiance.
Speaker 9: Yet, so I haven't yet. But you know my last name is Palmer. Yeah, yeah, sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Mean it's different, that's more classic traditional.
Speaker 4: It may not be the.
Speaker 3: Fiance that has the issue. It may be your family that has the issue. I didn't think of it, like, who are you worried about telling this to?
Speaker 9: Basically, I'm just worried about telling Jane and Jane's family her family is very traditional.
Speaker 3: That's interesting, So I would think that you'd be worried about your family.
Speaker 9: Yeah, more so hers, because you know, they're just very traditional and I don't want to have that awkward conversation. I was like, oh, well, it's always happened where you know, the wife takes the man's name, Okay.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure you're thinking of like kids and stuff too, Like you don't want to put your kids through what you had to go through.
Speaker 9: I think they don't want either, right, and I still haved we can tell.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't think you sound bad at all. I think you sound like a stand up. But don't laugh at him. But he sounds like a great guy.
Speaker 3: He does sound like a great guy, but he sounds like he still has a lot of trauma from what the bullying that he endured because of his last name.
Speaker 2: I'm not picking up trauma vibes off of you at all.
Speaker 5: I still think you embraced him.
Speaker 6: Name is Bologna, something called Jose Boloney my whole life, and I think it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: You just have fun with it. It's too late for that, yeah, I mean he doesn't want to perpetuate that name anymore, and that you bet.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, we're not doing it.
Speaker 2: It's his choice. Like if you don't want to keep your last name, that's up to you. But you're worried that your fiance isn't going to be receptive. She wants your last name.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean she loves me, I love her. It's all good. I got to figure out a way to bring it up. And I'm just really hesitant.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just think that she's going to be relieved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you say that.
Speaker 1: I don't think she wants that last year with his last name.
Speaker 2: I think it's great.
Speaker 1: Jeff.
Speaker 3: We've gone over what's wrong with his name and what he's had to endure because of it.
Speaker 2: I'm considering changing my last name to your last name, but if you want to do it your way, it's up to you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We're going to call your fiance here. Is that what you want to do?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, We're going to call her and try and give you some advice on how to convince her to not take your name. When you guys get married.
Speaker 9: Well, and don't forget I would like her last name too.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see if we can make that happen for you when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call next.
Speaker 8: It's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's an awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of our awkward Tuesday phone call trying to help out our listener, Travis, who is engaged to be married. What a special time in your life before it all goes down hill? But he doesn't want to do the traditional thing where the woman takes the man's last name. Why, well, he doesn't like his last name because it's p u B b e r t y Puverty, one extra b away from puberty and he's had a lot of issues with that growing.
Speaker 1: Up, probably even getting like new to jobs and stuff. Last name on the back of jerseys.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize. I was trying to defend you for a bit there to my co host earlier. But but you told our producer off the air, Look, Jeff doesn't have to defend me so much. I don't even like my name, So I guess the room has the green light to have fun with it and roast him alive.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that's what he meant either.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's how I'm taking This isn't going to be his name forever. At least he hopes. He wants to take his bride's last name, which is Palmer, and he just needs our help to convince her to go along with that idea. So, Brooke, what do you have from what's your advice?
Speaker 3: Well, you said that your wife is really traditional, but I think that there is one thing that runs deep in women and all women, and that is the need to protect your babies or your future babies. Yeah, right, Like, I think that that's how you pitch it to her. You're like, hey, listen, I really.
Speaker 1: Want to do something to protect them from going through what I had to go through.
Speaker 2: But if that's true, why did you name your daughter Nora and your son Adler?
Speaker 1: And those are beautiful days, Jeffrey, you don't think they get teas us. They don't get teased for that, They get teased for mommy's jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Travis, what do you think of that? Bring your future children into the picture?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, thank you. I can definitely work that in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe give her an example of how you would pre bully your future kids. But jose what do you think he should do?
Speaker 6: Well, we're all focused on the first part, but I think the hardest part of this is actually the second request of taking her family's name. So I just think be prepared for her to not be able to answer that.
Speaker 2: That's a huge ask. How do you think of that, Travis? I'm not really sure what the advice is, but be prepared for a bag.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have some other last names on deck, and well.
Speaker 2: That's our advice for you, Travis. Hopefully you can choose to use it or not use it however you want this is your call, but we're going to dial your fiance Jane and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. Okay, good luck, my man. All right, we'll jump in and feel like a little help.
Speaker 9: Here we go. Hello, heybabe, how's it going?
Speaker 10: Oh god, that's so weird.
Speaker 9: I don't know why you didn't pop up? Yeah, how's your freaking crazy? You know? Abby?
Speaker 10: That chick that I work with, she is pushing me, pushing me beyond, and I'm just okay, just bleading.
Speaker 9: How are you good? Good? Yeah? Hopefully we can I don't know, go out grab some some Chinese tonight or something.
Speaker 10: Lease and why yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely? But look, I actually, uh I had something on my mind and I kind of wanted to talk to you about it.
Speaker 10: Okay, are you okay?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yeah, okay. So I just have been thinking about like the issue of like colass names, right.
Speaker 10: With our last names.
Speaker 9: So when we get married, were you thinking of taking my last name?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 10: Of course, but I mean, like, you know, that's what you do.
Speaker 9: That's what you do. Yeah, that's what I was worried about.
Speaker 10: I I don't understand what the issue. I'm looking forward to taking a name that.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, you know, how I told you when we were first dating, like about my childhood, the bullying and everything like from my last name.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, but like we all like I got teased. I was freaking Jane Doe.
Speaker 9: That's what kids do and so so what It's just I love your name, but it's poverty. Like I don't want our children to have to go through the same thing that I went through.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think it's a lovely last name. In fact, to me, it sounds like a bit British, like Jane Puverty. You know, it's it's it's elegant, you know.
Speaker 9: Are you kidding? I mean, it's it's one letter away from puberty. Nobody thinks that, I mean, but they you. I lived it. I mean, where's your name? I mean, it's just it's normal. You know, Palmer sounds boring.
Speaker 10: Sorry, it's just boring.
Speaker 9: Well I think listen, I think we should take your last name if I'm being serious.
Speaker 10: What yeah, oh no, no, no, no, I no, okay, For one, there's a million Palmers out there. I like the idea of having a unique name.
Speaker 9: I like that your name is basic. That's the whole point. Like it's a name that nobody makes fun of I mean, I've been made one of my whole life for the way that my name sounds. Mean what your whole life like?
Speaker 10: I mean seriously, when you're talking about what grade school or middle school or something, I mean that that's just and it probably made you stronger, right, No, you.
Speaker 9: Don't understand, dab By Week. I'm very very stop it. H come on, are you kidding? It would crush me. I mean we're at the bar doing trivia night and they call our name and some people laugh. It's like I can't stand it. It's traumatized.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, Like, are you really this upset?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I mean I really really really think we should consider your name.
Speaker 10: Well, okay, what if we what if we did like some hypenated thing like Palmer, pupperty or puberty Palmer that would be kind of cool.
Speaker 9: Palmer that sounds like a perverted cartoon bear, like.
Speaker 5: That's normal kids, sounds.
Speaker 2: Like Hey, Jane, I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, but we need to let you know that you're on a radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and.
Speaker 1: We got to my god, yeah we did. Bubby Palmer is definitely the mascot.
Speaker 11: Wait, I'm on the radio this whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your fiance called us for help because he wanted to have this conversation with you. But he was worried about how you might react to the name change idea.
Speaker 1: And you are like the sweetest, most encouraging fiance. You have a good partner.
Speaker 11: I love him.
Speaker 10: So the last name is part of him and that's how I met him. And I don't know it just it just has a nice I like multi syllabic things.
Speaker 2: Wow, what does that mean? But he really likes your name though, that's the issue.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I really do. I like your name better better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and me objectively, I know you're trying to compromise with like the hyphenation I idea. I don't think those names should be each other poem her puverty. That's a terrible, terrible no. I think if you really want his name and he wants yours, maybe the best compromise is you guys just swap names at the.
Speaker 1: Wedding so you still have Liberty and Palmer. They're just on different people.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One has already gone through poverty and the other one has it yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she'll get through it. Experience, I mean, I think that might be a fair compromise. Are you okay with that idea, Travis?
Speaker 9: I mean yeah, I mean hey, like, if she's down with the swap, I'm down with the swap.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have Travis's vote of approval. All we need is you to sign off on a.
Speaker 11: James, Oh my god, Yeah, I'm thinking I'm I don't know, ideah, like, talk to my parents about it, Like it's not just me, it's their name and it's the feature name of our children.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like you're open to the idea if you're willing to bring it to your parent.
Speaker 10: I just want him to be happy, and I want to like just have like a I just don't want to freaking complicate our lives.
Speaker 1: Okay, totally. You are so stinking cute.
Speaker 2: You're very understanding. We set out with a goal to just like try and help Travis here, who absolutely hated his last name. He would he was one of the digit for anything.
Speaker 9: Really.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe now that this conversation is out in the open, Travis, she can teach you how to lean into being mister Pubbarty, Yeah, mister and missus.
Speaker 9: Pubbardy yeah, me Pubbarty Palmer walking down the woods looking for Barry.
Speaker 1: You still think it sounds like a bear?
Speaker 2: I would watch that TV.
Speaker 3: Honestly, do you think it's a bear that they bring in around sixth grade to teach kids about their bodies?
Speaker 2: Why is he not wearing any paints? It's Brooking Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 4: Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: We got a brand new player named Becca on the show right now, and on becca bucket list is visiting Graceland, the home of the King Elvis Presley and Brooke. I know that was one of your heroes and original crushes, so maybe you two could go together visit Graceland.
Speaker 1: I'm not a huge Helvis fan. Like I'm not Elvis. It's just not my thing.
Speaker 2: How could you say that, Becca is listening? I'm so sorry that you had to hear.
Speaker 1: When did you start loving Elvis? Becca, Oh, back in the day.
Speaker 10: I think that started in the cradle. Honestly, it's probably my grandparents fault.
Speaker 1: Though you sound young, I'm but I don't know.
Speaker 6: Elvis is timeless, Brook, I mean, I'm sure what's your favorite thing of Elvis at the Sandwich?
Speaker 1: Is it a song?
Speaker 8: Is it his outfits?
Speaker 9: Just the whole vibe over the top vibe. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I do like that you bring that up. I like peanut butter and bananas. Yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Didn't invent it, but he made it. Yeah, also killed him, but okay, he was eating it on the Why are we talking so much crap about Elvis? Becca's hero that we're talking about has already walked out of the studio in total discuss just that the conversation about he's mad, he's the king and Becca. Let's go over the rules for everybody. You got thirty seconds, answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat Brook outright if you want to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: I'm ready, Mark, Let's.
Speaker 2: Take her down today. No one should be allowed to talk trash about Elvis that way. Here we go, good luck. Your time starts now. Today is eggs Benedict today? What's the name of the traditional sauce that accompanies that dish holidays? What country is the city of Vienna? Located in Russia? In a bag of regular skittles? How many flavors are there? But Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons. Who's the leader of the Transformers. A waffle iron was the main inspiration for the souls of which companies first ever running choose? What does a monophobe fear? One? Good work? Backup, Brook's gonna come back into the studio eventually when she's done eating that peanut butter and banana sandwich out there. But we're getting to know you, hear Becca, since you're a first time player, and I see on my screener for fun you like to do hiking, and you also work as a bud tender, and you know all about having a good time always like Elvis here with us right now.
Speaker 1: No, but that's her favorite strain. I'll take the hound dog.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Sounds stinky.
Speaker 1: What about jail house rock? That'd be a good one.
Speaker 2: It let's get off this subject and move on to trivia. Brook, you're ready. Your time starts now. Today is Eggs Benedict Day. What's the name of the traditional sauce that accompanies that day? What country is the city of Vienna?
Speaker 4: Located in Vienna?
Speaker 1: Is in bo Italy?
Speaker 2: In a bag of regular skittles? How many flavors are there?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 2: Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons. Who's the leader of the Transformers.
Speaker 1: Ooh, Robots in disguise.
Speaker 2: Waffle Iron is the main inspiration for the souls of which company's first ever running shoes, Nike. What does a monophobe fears? Okay, craft singles.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything that comes in one.
Speaker 2: The number one. Okay, that has an answer. We're going to the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose every movie.
Speaker 9: I like, I'm gonna put a big, huge cucumber up there to let everyone know how excited I am about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me four cucumbers, please, I beg you got to today?
Speaker 4: He and Brouh.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me one. I'm a monophobe.
Speaker 8: You did not get one.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys.
Speaker 2: Just said you out there. Becam'm sorry. Let's go over the access for everybody. It's eggs Benedict da Holland day sauce is what usually comes with that dish. The country of Vienna is located in Austria. A bag of regular Skittles has five different flavors in it. Lemon, limes, strawberry, orange, and purple is black curant.
Speaker 1: I think it's just current.
Speaker 2: Well, oh yeah, fancy people like me. We say courn okay, uh, Megatron's leader of the Septicon's optimist Prime is the leader of the Transformers.
Speaker 1: Checks out.
Speaker 2: Waffle Iron was the main inspiration for the souls of the first Nike running shoes and a monophobe. Fears being alone. Oh not just things that come in ones.
Speaker 1: Yes, fear themselves.
Speaker 2: Now, Becca, Unfortunately it wasn't enough to be Brooke. But just for playing, We're gonna give you a pair of tickets to see Caine Brown's In the Air Tour at t Mobile Park on August sixteen. Get your tickets to see multi platinum country artist Kane Brown today at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 5: Known as the Elvis of country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. Yeah, everyone knows. Yeah, not quite.
Speaker 10: You'll get there.
Speaker 1: Hey, good luck on your Graceland quest.
Speaker 10: Awesome, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys, I love you.
Speaker 1: I feel like you should just go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I just might go by yourself with all the monophobes there. Come back and play anytime, Okay, back, We'll be back to the Windbrooks Blocks same time tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning