Speaker 1: All right, Steve.
Speaker 2: This is from Andrea on Steve Harvey FM. She says, my aunt keeps giving me unsolicited advice about raising my children from their diet to their screen time, even though her own kids are frankly a mess. I've been polite so far, but it's getting on my nerves. Should I tell her off and once and for all? Or should I just keep biting my tongue for family peace? Is there a way to set boundaries without causing a family feud?
Speaker 1: How you can do that? At this point? I think you have going and just blasted just saying blasted about I think you're school. I'd have to have it. Hey, Auntie, listen here.
Speaker 3: I know you trying to be helpful, but I don't really want you talking to me about my kids because I don't think you've done all that day. I'm good at job with yours. Raymond dropped out of school. He getting a ged.
Speaker 2: Going down to Little.
Speaker 1: Carell down in Julie.
Speaker 3: Right now, your daughter is doing fine, she's at least looking like she doing well in school, but we just caught her smoking weed last week at Grandma's house. Now, and we ain't even gonna talk about Pooky and his little ignorant act because you down at the school every Friday by something he done did and he'd been and he'd been suspended full time.
Speaker 1: Please stop talking to me about my children.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, now I tell you, right now, clearly your children are a problem. When they got to put out, when they got put out of Sunday school, we know, so we're gonna put a stop to this.
Speaker 2: Right, are a mess, her cousins are.
Speaker 1: A mess, and just point out the mess. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: I think we have time for other onand Steve. This is from Vince on Steve PARVEFM. Vince says, my wife and I have hit a rough patch as of late. To work through it, I've suggested couple's counseling, but my wife is having no part of it. Even so, I've decided that I would go to a therapist alone to try and work through my part of it. Here's a problem lately, whenever I come home from an appointment, she wants to talk about what happened in my session and what am I saying about her. So far, my only response has been that I'm that my therapy sessions are my time and it's none of her business. But I add that if she wants to come along and to be a part of it, she's more than welcome to join me. That's where the conversation ens. But to say things have gotten even more tense is an understatement. Is there a better response to this or am I right to say my therapy is my business?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I admire you, brother for wanting to work through it, cause see it. If it's more more tense and you want to do something about it, you offer couple's therapy. You thought that was a good idea. She didn't, so you went out there to handle your part of it. There is no other way to do it, man, I mean, but you can't. You You're not gonna win this battle by yourself. It takes two to tangle it.
Speaker 1: You know. It takes two people to work on the marriage, not one one. I don't know how. I don't know how one fix it.
Speaker 3: If you want to win in the marriage and she don't, I don't know what to tell you. Yeah, if you think it's a problem in the marriage and she don't, I don't know what to tell you. But you're a good dude, though, I'll tell you that you wanted them good.
Speaker 2: Men and all she wants to know is what is he saying about her to the therapist?
Speaker 1: What is he?
Speaker 3: Well, I went to I went to a couple's therapy one time. Yeah, one time I go and what happened? I left therapy and went to pot a law.
Speaker 1: Office the same day.
Speaker 2: Why did I know this is gonna be a crazy answer? This therapist your life?
Speaker 3: You done went out that more than once. I went one time on meeting. After that, I made a phone call as soon as I got back.
Speaker 1: To Now you knew, you just knew. Yeah, I didn't know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know what therapist was gonna say in the next session. But but she wasn't gonna be talking to.
Speaker 2: Me though, because you were done.
Speaker 3: Clearly I recognized the problems even if she didn't.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after. Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show.