Speaker 1: Well, yesterday was the deadline to file for your twenty twenty three tax return or file an extension now. According to CNN, failing to file on time when you still owe taxes will subject you to a failure to file penalty, which is based on how late your return is and the amount of your unpaid tax Specifically, it will be five percent of your unpaid taxes for each month or part of a month that your return is late. The IRS notes, However, this penalty will not exceed twenty five percent of your unpaid taxes. Keep in mind too, your outstanding ballast will be the subject to interest, will be subject to interest if you're a late filer who is owed a refund. In reality, you won't be hit with a failure to file penalty if you miss your deadline. Okay, so did you file on time? Did you have to file an extension?
Speaker 2: Steve?
Speaker 1: Even though this is okay, yeah, yeah, on time? This is the day after the tax deadline. So Steve, do you have any tax tip tax horror.
Speaker 2: Stories you want to share?
Speaker 1: And I see you with your hand on your face, So something.
Speaker 3: Tax horror story that's gonna happen headline, I paid them down taxi. I've been online for mine before and it was an oversight. But lord him, they ate my ass alive. No, I'm finished paying for the year up for twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Really, so you paid on time yesterday.
Speaker 2: You know, because I can't that that penalty. I can't do that. Yeah, they already yeah, with interest.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's never ending if you don't pay it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine told me how much he paid, and uh, it was a staggering figure, a staggering figure. But then I told him, I said, also, the blessing is it's two blessings.
Speaker 2: You had it to pay. Yeah, that's number one.
Speaker 3: And then you had to pay you see what I'm saying. Yeah, because for your tax bill to be that much, you made so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we had a good hard laugh about that.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Yeah, give us a number of ball part man, so we can just give me a ballpark, oh, a friend of.
Speaker 2: Mine, Yeah, unless you want to share. Oh no, I will never share.
Speaker 1: Mine because you've been a headline.
Speaker 2: It's been shipped for you. A matter of fact, we're gonna leave him out of this too, because you.
Speaker 3: Didn't even give us a name. We don't know it is Hell no. Yeah, let's move on, have no day.
Speaker 2: You don't want to talk about a lot That just me.
Speaker 1: I walked in yesterday my husband the taxes, and he said, don't touch nothing, don't touch a piece of.
Speaker 2: Paper, don't move me nothing. What do you all think is a high number? A million? Yeah, that's a big number for us. That's you wish you could pay a million? What are you saying? We gotta go?
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour and trending political news. Trump stopped last week at a Chick fil a in Atlanta, was set up by a black conservative activist, and we'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Morning Show