Speaker 1: You guys may know John Mellencamp. He's a singer songwriter. You'll know his songs, most of you will. They're amazing. They're songs that you can sing along to instantly. You may not even know that he's the writer of the song, but he's really, really, really good at music. John Mellencamp has also been very outspoken about politics, and a lot of his political statements he's made over the last several years have turned out to be I think it's fair to say disastrous if you look at the stats. He's a guy that's hardcore anti Trump, for example, right, he's a guy that loves Joe Biden and Biden nomics and thought that the world was gonna be in a better place if Joe Biden was elected.
Speaker 2: Now, look, if you're gonna make political.
Speaker 1: Statements, then you should expect to take some heat when you're wrong. You should expect to take some heat even when you're right.
Speaker 2: It's part of my job. I have people. It's now become so regular, and it's sad.
Speaker 1: We don't have a lot of decency left in society with some people. Everywhere that I travel now, I expect somebody to say something to me or to give me the finger, or to cust me out. It's become a weekly event. I'm going to have more about this than just a second. But first, let me tell you about my friends at Patriot Mobile. For ten years now, Patriot Mobile has been America's only Christian conservative wireless provider.
Speaker 2: Why would you care about that because.
Speaker 1: Big Mobile is giving big donations right now to hardcore leftist causes organizations candidates.
Speaker 2: Those include Planned Parenthood.
Speaker 1: If you're like me and you're tired of giving your money to cooperations that are literally fighting against your family values, then switch to Patriot Mobile. When I look down at my cell phone on the top left, it says Patriot and I know, with every text and with every phone call, I'm standing with a company that protects my values but also gives back to what I believe in. When you switch to Patriot Mobile, you're sending a message that you support free speech, you're supporting religious freedom, You're supporting and advocating and donating to protect the sanctity of life in this country because five percent of your bill every month goes back to conservative causes that you help choose to support. We're talking about causes like protecting our Second Amendment rights, for supporting our military, our veterans, are wounded warriors, and our first responder heroes, just to name a few. Is switching easy, you better believe it. You can keep your same cell phone number you have right now, keep your same cell phone, or upgrade to a new one.
Speaker 2: Plus.
Speaker 1: Patriot Mobile also is going to give you free activation right now when you use the promo code.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 1: All you got to do is call them nine to seven to two Patriot. It's nine seven to two Patriot, nine to seven two Patriot. Get rid of that woke phone company you have right now and switch to Patriot Mobile. Patriotmobile dot com slash ferguson. That's Patriot Mobile dot com slash ferguson or nine seven to two Patriot.
Speaker 2: All right now.
Speaker 1: I was on a plane to New York City to host out Numbered on Fox News Channel, And this was yesterday, and there was somebody on the plane that mouthed off, and I just smile and grinned because I don't care, and I'm not going to get into an argument on a flight like that, Like that's not what I want to do, right So I just hope that's all right. You got that off your chest. I hope you feel good about yourself. You had your moment. I don't give you a reaction. I smile and grin. Guys sitting next to me looks at me. He's like, dude, what was that about. I'm like, I work in TV and politics, and I said, welcome to American others.
Speaker 2: We've lost all civility.
Speaker 1: Now here's the part that makes me laugh about these rich, entitled individuals like John Mellencamp. They believe that they should be able to spout out on stage to you and write lyrics about how you're an ignorant, white trash dumb a redneck if you voted for Donald Trump, and.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to just take it.
Speaker 1: And when they get it wrong right after they make money off of mocking you in society and flyover country, and then someone in the audience decides to fight back or make a comment, they can't handle it because they are dictators on stage right.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: It's not a democracy to them. That's my show. I'm famous. You're a minion, you're a peon. You're the one that paid one hundred and twenty dollars for that ticket. Shut up and sit down, and I want you to hear John Mellencamp.
Speaker 2: He did an interview about a year ago.
Speaker 1: With Dan Rather, who still does these sit down interviews with Access TV. And I want you to hear what he had to say about politics, because I think it's important for you to hear this and put it in perspective with what happened is at his concert last night.
Speaker 3: Listen writing songs that resonate with what some people call quote conservative americal or reactionary America, people on the right hand side of the liverpoo expect. But were you ever worried that your lyrics or the songs might cost you something in the marketplace, or did you ever think about that.
Speaker 4: I am the most liberal person you know. I told Obama to his face. I said, man, you're just not liberal enough for me. And this is when he was running for the first time. He was in Boston. They had the Democratic National Convention and I played at the convention. I remember that, and he gave that great speech and I was talking to him and I just say, man, you're just not.
Speaker 2: Liberal or not.
Speaker 4: And you know, so if I am relating to conservative listeners, they're not listening to the songs you know, if your goal is to be as big and as popular and as famous as you can be, then you're in a different business that I'm in.
Speaker 2: That's not my goal now.
Speaker 4: I have as I will quote my girlfriend who said to me, John, we've already both been to the moon. We don't need to go there again.
Speaker 2: And she was right.
Speaker 4: I've been to the moon and I've found a bunch of dead beats up there. I don't need to go back.
Speaker 1: So that's the mentality of John Mellencamp right. Anyone who disagrees with him is a deadbeat. Everyone that disagrees with him as an idiot. If no one can be liberal enough. So fast forward till last night. There was somebody in the audience that was calling out John Mellencamp for some of his political statements, and this guy's political making political.
Speaker 2: Statements on stage.
Speaker 1: And then someone fights back and he doesn't like it, and so this is what he says, and this is what he does.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's amazing. Whoa.
Speaker 1: Now the guy just yelled, hey man, just play some music. In other words, stop your politics up here. I came to see you play music. Just play some music. John Mellencamp looks down at the guy.
Speaker 2: What do you think I mean, here's your thing, man, You don't know me.
Speaker 5: You don't you know me?
Speaker 2: And Joe.
Speaker 4: Find this guy and let me see him after the show.
Speaker 1: Find this guy and let me see him after the show. You hear that you don't know me? Calls them a you know what sucker, and he says, you don't know me. Find me after the show.
Speaker 2: Guys, I can stop this show right now and just stop. I can stop this show right now and just go home. Now.
Speaker 1: This is liberalism. It's it's it's it's derangement. It's trumped arrangement, sending to rum right, Oh, I can. I can espouse my politics and tell you why you're wrong. But if you say something back to me about just playing music and stop being a tool, right because I didn't come here for a political speech, then this is the threat, right like you minions out there, you worthless Americans who have made me rich and famous.
Speaker 2: I'm so rich and famous now I actually don't have to deal with you.
Speaker 1: I don't have to deal with you man, right because I'm John Mellencamp and I can look at you and call you a blank sucker and tell y'all see you after the show. So, oh, it gets better.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 4: Since you've been so wonderful, I'm gonna cut about ten songs out of a show.
Speaker 2: There you go, so there you go?
Speaker 1: Right, Since you guys have been so wonderful, since one of you got out of line and didn't like my politics, I'm gonna cut ten songs out of the show to punish you, the people that pay me. But again, I'm so rich, I'm so wealthy, I'm so famous, I'm so above you, and you people that buy my tickets are are are? Are are beneath me? I'm gonna cut ten songs out of my set?
Speaker 2: How you like them? Apples? Alwa's not done?
Speaker 5: Keep listening.
Speaker 1: There it is stops a song mid song about Jack and Diane and says, you know what shows over when I tell you that liberals are the most intolerant people that I've ever met. This is just another long list of the examples of just how intolerant the left has become. And when they get it and you tell them they get it wrong, or you tell someone hey, can you just shut up and play music? Basically like I'm not here for your politics, bro, You don't know me.
Speaker 2: I'll meet you after the show.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna punish the entire audience. I'm going to I'm gonna punish every one of you minions. And guess what, I've already got your money, so I don't even have to give you anything else. I'm gonna cut ten songs out of this and you know what, No, I'm gonna start a song that everybody loves, get you guys to sing along for five ten seconds, and then on top of that, I'm gonna quit the show.
Speaker 2: How's that, you blank suckers.
Speaker 1: This is how intolerant the Democratic Party has become.
Speaker 2: And even at a concert now they will go rogue on you.
Speaker 1: Now, what happened with John at his concert is really, honestly no different than what we're witnessing now in Washington, d C. With the Democratic Party when it comes to funding for Israel.
Speaker 2: What I mean by this, Well, the the US not.
Speaker 1: Only have said to Israel, if you strike back in Iran, you'll do it alone. In the US military says they will not help Israel if they do strike back against Iran.
Speaker 2: That's number one.
Speaker 1: But we also know now they won't give the funding needed for Israel to protect and defend itself through Congress without them tying it to other things at the left demands.
Speaker 2: What do I mean by that?
Speaker 1: Apparently we have to fund all of the other liberal agenda items, every single one of them. And if we don't fund them in a big bill together so that everything comes together right in a certain way where all the other port barrel spending projects of the left, then Israel will be held hostage while they're literally under attack. We also have been told now that House Speaker Mike Johnson announces the House will vote on measures for Ukraine AID and Israel AID in announcing the plan for the Congressional Chamber to vote on measures that would provide USA to countries such as Israel and Ukraine. Now, before you get angry at Johnson, I want you to understand that Johnson's not an idiot.
Speaker 2: Johnson understands that we need to get.
Speaker 1: Funding to Israel, and we may have to make a deal with the devil, meaning the Democratic Party to get that money to Israel. I'm gonna explain all this before you cast stones at him. I just want you to understand there is perspective here on what would happen in the Senate, which is not controlled by the Republicans. Johnson said there will be votes on the measures separately in four different pieces. Now that's the part that's important for you to understand, because there's been a lot of people in conservative media that have been over reacting to Johnson's plan and they don't understand it.
Speaker 2: I made a lot of phone calls last night.
Speaker 1: To make sure I understood exactly what the plan of the speaker was. So the measure is to I'm quoting measures separately in four different pieces. That will cover assistance for then another piece will cover assistance for Ukraine, and then another piece will cover the Indo Pacific, and the other will be about issues pertaining to national security priorities represented. Marjorie Taylor Green said she believes this is the wrong direction, saying, quote, our border is the number one policy issue that voters care about all over the countries, she said, so she believes this is somehow wrong. She said, everyone is having to pay taxes right tax Day was the fifteenth. Everyone's having to pay their irs taxes to fund a government that doesn't care about fixing the problems in America. She said, Instead, we're funding endless foreign wars and countries most Americans can't find on a map. The American people, she went on to say, are sick and tired of this. Here's a little bit from the congresswoman who believes that we should just be able to do one thing only at a time. I love the idea, it's also not reality, thoughts.
Speaker 2: What is your real many?
Speaker 6: I am firmly against the plan as it stands right now. Here's what Republican voters across the country know. They know that Speaker Johnson passed a two part omnibus that funded Biden's open border deadly open border policies, funded the DOJ, which has ninety one federal indictments against President Trump and wants to put him in jail for the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: Funded the FBI.
Speaker 6: That rated Marlago and gave him a brand new building. Now he's telling American telling Republican voters that he's going to put Ukraine money for sixty billion dollars, supposedly broken down to make it more appealing, somehow of funding for Taiwan, funding for Israel, and then some sort of national security package that includes the TikTok ban, which, by the way, there's a lot of Republican voters on TikTok, and Republican voters are angry at Facebook and Instagram for being censored, and are angry at sissek and DHS for spying on Americans in Facebook and formally Twitter. This is such a scam and people are so done with it. People care about actions. They're tired of Republicans going out and promising all these promises and saying how we're fighting for America and then sending their hard earned tax dollars. By the way, today's tax day, April fifteenth, everyone's having to pay the irs to fund this government that doesn't care about actually fixing the problems here at home. They just want to kick the can down the road. And people are not going to like any of this. They're going to be angry about it. And I think this is I think it's another wrong direction for Speaker Johnson in our conference.
Speaker 1: Plan.
Speaker 6: I haven't decided on that yet, but I just stood in the conference and told basically my entire conference that right there, and I just think this.
Speaker 2: Is the wrong direction to go.
Speaker 6: Our border is the number one policy issue that voters care about all across the country, and the Senate has not taken up a vote on a two our border package that we sent over there. They're just demanding that the House vote to fund Ukraine, vote to fund Taiwan, and send more money to Israel, claiming that our military is running out of ammunition. Well, you want to know something of these people in there cared about our military, why don't we do a separate bill to fund and rebuild our military with ammunition and supplies without having to fund a foreign war to do that.
Speaker 1: Ukraine has been a redline for you in the past, and you've said even recently when you followed the original MERSI.
Speaker 6: I didn't say Ukraine alone. I said we should not put Ukraine money before our border.
Speaker 2: And that's what I said.
Speaker 6: What is part of your consideration now as you designed what you're going to do here?
Speaker 2: Where do you why? What process?
Speaker 6: I'm telling you exactly what my thoughts are unfiltered as I walked out of the conference.
Speaker 5: Right there.
Speaker 1: You listen to Marjorie Taylor Green and there's a lot that she said there that I agree with. But this is the part that worries me about the Republican Party right now. You don't always get what you want, and we have a government that's set up where when you don't have the majority in the Senate and you barely have the majority in the House, you can't have a dictatorship because there's somebody else on the other.
Speaker 2: Side that believes the complete opposite of you in a way.
Speaker 1: Now, do I believe that we should be giving all this money and all the things that she mentioned? No, I don't, But I also know there has to be some level of compromise. And what's happening now, and this is what I think so many conservatives he'd understand, is if you are a conservative right now and you have this one two person majority in the House, you can become very famous, very quickly by threatening to vacate the speaker's office. Was exactly what happened last time to the last speaker, Okay, and Kevin McCarthy. And the amount of press and power, I mean, the amount of press that people like Byron Donald's of Florida, or Lowen Bobert of Colorado, or or Marjorie Taylor Green have, I mean, Warren Burber put this out closing the southern border is nowhere to be found. Her response to a tweet that was put out there by Speaker Johnson. So I've spoken with a House GOP conference on my planned address affical security supplemental legislation on the growing security crisis.
Speaker 2: This week, we will consider separate bills with a structured.
Speaker 1: And germane amendment process to fund our ally Israel.
Speaker 2: He goes on another list.
Speaker 1: But again, this is what Democrats are loving about Republicans right now, is that we can't get our act together to get anything done because we have so much infighting and every time Speaker Johnson has to make a compromise, and when you have a slim majority so none, you have to make compromises.
Speaker 2: That's governing. That's governing, folks.
Speaker 1: And we can sit here and keep getting our brains beat in if we if we hold the line and refuse to compromise, because every time that we refuse to compromise on anything, we lose because they have the votes to beat us.
Speaker 2: So we're losing. That's the truth.
Speaker 1: Now, we can sit here on our principles forever and we're going to lose the House.
Speaker 2: It will happen, Mark my word.
Speaker 1: Democrats will be in charge of the House before of the election if we continue to act this way. This is the warning I would love to have a big majority in the House. I'd love to have victories. I'd love for us to be able to dictate to Democrats. I'd love it if every Republican in the House was lock step with one another.
Speaker 2: The reality is that's not going to happen right now.
Speaker 1: We have a slim majority, and that means that the moderate Republicans also have just as much power as the Marjorie Taylor Greens, or the Lauren Boberts or the Byron Nelson. Like if I was in the House right now, I think many of you know me pretty well. I would be more of a hardcore conservative, principled individual who would be fighting.
Speaker 2: But I'm also not an idiot.
Speaker 1: I understand how democracy works and how votes work, and how governing works.
Speaker 2: And sometimes the job.
Speaker 1: When you get sent to Washington is to do the best deal you can get for your constituents and not walk around like you're a terrorist.
Speaker 2: Okay, if I don't get what I want, you're not going to get to be this anymore.
Speaker 1: Why do you think some of me moderate Republicans have quit the House because they say it's the most dysfunctional house. Excuse me, it's the most dysfunctional house they've ever seen. No one's getting anything done right now because no one can move because they're paralyzed by a few members. Lauren Bobert is a great example of this, and I like her energy. I really do the House Freedom Cack has issued a statement expressing support for the prospect of Israel AID, while declaring that it would not abide using the emergency situation Israel as a bogus justification to ram through Ukraine AID with no offset and no security for our own wide open borders. Now, I agree we need to dig in here. The question is for how long? And do you do it indefinitely? Knowing that you're one vote away from total disaster. And let's say that we've moved to vacate, you know, as Marjorie Taylor Green was talking about a second ago, and you get rid of Mike Johnson, who's gonna get.
Speaker 2: The job next?
Speaker 1: Let's say that we give it to a hardcore conservative, right, the people that believe they are the most conservative of all, like Marjorie. You think anybody's gonna follow her. She wouldn't win the speaker's vote. So that's done Byron Donalds, who I like. Is that guy gonna become the speaker?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Is he gonna get the majority of the votes? No, so that guy's done. Lauren Bobert, Let's go with Lauren Bobert. For example, you think Lauren Bobert is gonna get the votes seed to become speaker?
Speaker 2: No, so that idea is done. U. Matt Gates.
Speaker 1: Let's go with Matt Gates. Okay, is he gonna get the speakership? No, so that that idea is done. So so, who are you gonna get If you're gonna replace Kevin McCarthy with Mike Johnson, and Mike Johnson isn't good enough for you while you have a extremely slim majority.
Speaker 2: Who are you gonna get next? That's gonna be good? Right?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Who is that gonna be? Speaker? Johnson put out his tweet. I want to go back this, he said, I'm smoking.
Speaker 1: With the House up conference, I planned to addressed National Security supplemental legislation on the growing security crisis. This week, we will consider separate bills with a structured and germane amendment process to quote one fund our ally Israel, two support Ukraine and its war against Russian aggression. Three Strengthen our allies the Indo Pacific four pass additional measures accounter our adversaries and strengthen our national security. Now there are people that say, well, you need to have something in there on border security. I'm also a realist here. You could pass the most incredible border security bill in history of the United States of America. And it doesn't matter right now because the Senate will not pass it because the Senate is run by Democrats.
Speaker 2: That's the reality.
Speaker 1: So you can sit here and you can, in fact, you can pass legislation to finish the wall.
Speaker 2: Does it matter, No, because you don't have the votes in the Senate. And we've done this.
Speaker 1: Remember when we did this, like over and over and over again. How many times we passed the border security funding over and over again when Trump was in office, right, and then the Democrats and Senate we had all these fights.
Speaker 2: Remember all that, right, right? You remember you remember when that happened?
Speaker 1: Like that happened not that long ago, folks, And then it became a procedural process. I'm the most conservative. I just passed it again. No no, no, I'm the most conservative. I just passed again. No no, no, I'm the most conservative. I passed it again. That that's what happens. Okay, Like that's that's the ballgame, folks. And we did that over and over again and none of it passed. Ever, you want to get stuff done, we need to send better conservatives to Congress, no doubt about it. We need to send better conservatives to the Senate, no doubt about it. But if you don't have the majority, it doesn't matter. And even if we got that passed, and let's just say by some And this is the conversation I have with because I've been watching this guy since I was twelve years old. I started studying Congress hardcore when Newt Gingrich was a speaker and the Contract of America happened, and it was a brilliant to get a bunch of stuff done real early on.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, And they did it in nineteen ninety four, and they came in with an agenda, but they had the votes, and they had enough votes to be able to do it even while losing some conservative votes. I would love to do another contract with America. I'd love to come in and have a list. But let's just say that we passed this massive border security build today. Let's say we did it in the House, and it went to the Senate, and let's say there were some senators that defected from the Democratic Party and voted for it, which they wouldn't, but let's just hypothetically say they would.
Speaker 2: Then we go to the president. You think the President's going to sign it?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Of course not.
Speaker 1: But all of what I just said was a complete hypothetical that would never happen because we don't have the votes in the House to do it the right way, much less the Senate. Now, let me make a comparison here, and this is the full circle, and this is the most important part of what I'm going to probably say today on this issue. Just like I told you and explain John Mellencamp earlier, right, guy walks up there, this is what I believe, This is what I demand. Okay, this is what I want. And if you guys in the minute don't agree with me, then I'm gonna take my toys and I'm gonna go home. Is that any different of a ridiculous stand than what some of the Republicans are doing in the House. Right If I don't give what I want, I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna blow up everything here. I'm gonna blow up the speakership. We won't have a speaker. We're gonna get another speaker. We're gonna do this all over again, and we're gonna be dysfunctional. Is that any difference of a stance in John Mellencamp, You either agree with me or I quit playing for you.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: If you don't agree with me, I'm gonna take ten songs off the list.
Speaker 1: Is that any different than holding hostage on the other side? I mean, both sides can do this, folks, John Mellencamp, let me go back to it.
Speaker 2: I want to play it for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, this guy yells out, just shut up and sing right, And John Mellencamp's like, you don't understand.
Speaker 2: You guys are minions.
Speaker 1: I'll go home, I'll take my music, my guitar, and I'll leave quiet.
Speaker 2: Just play some music.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: What do you think I've inji you? Yeah, here's the thing, man, you.
Speaker 5: Don't know me. You don't know me.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joe, find this guy and then they see him after the show. Guys, I can stop this show right now. I'm just going s what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: Since you've been so wonderful, I'm gonna cut about ten songs out of the show.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Jack had his game.
Speaker 2: Shows over. You know what, show's over.
Speaker 1: That's no different than what Marjorie Taylor Green's doing right now on every issue. You can't govern this way. We as Conservatives are getting laughed at by the Democratic Party because we have a majority in the House. And every time we dig in this way, the same exact thing happens, over and over and over and over and over again. Okay, over and over and over again, the same exact thing happens. We have four or five people who are holding a legislative agenda hostage on the Republican side, and they have enough Sigo fans around them that are obsessed with them, like you're.
Speaker 2: Not the right thing.
Speaker 1: Way to stick it to them, Way to stand up to Johnson, wait to stand up to the Republicans, Way to stand up to all these people that are doing all these things. Way to go, don't don't don't stop, right, don't whatever you do, don't stop.
Speaker 2: You just keep sticking it to the man.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean we're winning, doesn't mean that we're moving in the right direction, doesn't mean that we're this is some sort of big success that's happening. I want to be clear. You gotta look at what you want, and you gotta look at the reality of what you may be able to get.
Speaker 2: And we are.
Speaker 1: Teetering right now on the edge. And I'm warning you of losing the majority in the House. Now, if we lose the majority of the House, do you know what's gonna happen. You have any idea what's gonna happen. If we lose the majority in the House. Democrats will be able to run through trillions more in spending. They'll be able to do whatever they want to do with Ukraine funding. They'll be able to do whatever they want to do on issues like green, the Green New Deal and green alternative energy.
Speaker 2: They'll be able to spend us into oblivion.
Speaker 1: That's what will happen, all because we refuse to compromise and understand that, hey, there's things we want, but in a democracy, you may not always.
Speaker 2: Be able to get it.
Speaker 1: And if we want to get those things, and I want to get them, and I think most of you want to get them, right, I believe that both of us will. I think everybody in this conversation wants to get those things.
Speaker 2: We want to secure border.
Speaker 1: Then we have to actually support and win and beat the Democrats and have a majority of the House of the Senate with real conservatives. Part of our problem is we've elected a bunch of middle of the road people. We've elected a bunch of average people that we didn't vet who said, oh, I'm a tea party conservative. They got to Washington they actually were it. That's on us, like, we screwed that up. But we can't govern the same way that John Mellencamp does with his audience. When someone disagrees I'm out of here, I'm taking my toys and going home. That's something we cannot do. Please share this podcast with your family and friends. Please make sure you write us a five star review wherever you're listening to this podcast, so that it will help us reach more people.
Speaker 2: And we will see you back here tomorrow.