Speaker 1: Changing an environment should not be so taxing that you feel stretched twenty four to seven. At the end of the day, you cannot force your light into a dark space.
Speaker 2: Bom. Remember that that step back is God set up for his story. So that weight that you're feeling is not the weight of the world.
Speaker 3: It's the weight of your worth.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is, but every time I get on this podcast, I feel the spirit of singing down in my soul. I wish I could explain it. I decided not to sing the song that was on my heart today because it is an old fifty cent song, but I will say, g unit we in this. You know what I'm saying or don't see, and that's what I'm saying. I'm being transformed by the renewing of my mind. So I ain't even I ain't even do the part that I was gonna do because I'm being transformed and only which is profitable. She'll be on the Woman Evolve podcast. Okay, so how about that? How are you you know how we do take a minute assess for yourself, what's going on in your world? How are you feeling? Your girl is dog tired? Can I tell you that last night. I went to bed at nine thirty, which is early for me because I am usually up until about twelve, And depending on whether or not I'm taking the girls to school or working out, I could be up as early as four thirty, six thirty, or eight o'clock. It just depends. Eight o'clock is when my husband took the girls to school and I got to sleep in six thirties when I'm taking the girls to school, but I didn't work out before five am. No, four thirty is when I am working out taking the girls of school, and then have to work immediately after taking the girls school, so I don't have time to work out afterwards. So this week has been a mix of it all. But I am so tired. Oh can I tell y'all?
Speaker 4: Okay, so listen.
Speaker 1: This morning I had a five am workout, so that's probably why I'm tired. But I almost overslept, and I thought to myself as I was getting dressed, like, I wonder, am I stressed?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I stressed? What does it feel like to be stressed? Can I talk to you people who be stressed and don't know what? Hey?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: We're stressed and we don't know it. It finally hit me that, like I am probably stressed, I am working on so many different things. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that I am giving everything I have to launching the Power Moves book. Outside of the things that you may be seeing on social media, I'm doing lots of interview, lots of press, lots of strategizing about how do you condense this message into bite sized content for press? What can I think about posting that is more than just a flyer but also points to the book. And also, we're going on tour, and this tour is different than any tour that we've ever done with Women Evolved, where what whereas Woman Evolve is like a Girl's night worship experience. It feels like a conference. This is not like a worship experience. This is a book tour. But I'm going to preach a little and I'm gonna have conversation partners. So I'm trying to figure out, well, I have figured it out. Don't worry if you've bought your ticket. It's spectacular. So I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want the evening to flow. So I've been putting a lot of thought into that and we have different conversation partners for each city. So there's certain topics that I want certain people to cover, and so I'm having to do the work of really navigating how I'm going to align subject matter from the book with the conversation, and then seeking the Lord about like what do you want me to deposit in these cities, even if it's not Power Moves, like if it is something completely different, like being.
Speaker 4: Open to that. And it's just a lot period.
Speaker 1: So and I have children, Oh Lord, every day I just be like, thank you God that I started early and I see a little light at the end of tune. I know she only ate Lord, but raising girls is a traumatic experiences. Trying to mitigate their trauma, navigating your own suppression and regressions when they're going through things is not for the faint of hearts. So yeah, I'm struggling. Okay, So that's me. I'm just a friend that wor vomited on you. But I can tell you that the more that I think about Power Moves, that more excited I get about it coming out. I want to share with you something that God laid on my heart though this morning after I was stressed family stuff, book stuff. Marriage stuff is good, so that's always a blessing, like when the marriage feels strong, because we have some seasons where we're like relearning, regrowing. But even amidst all this stress, we've been able to stay connected. But kids stuff, mostly parenting has been a little bit of a challenge, and I've had to ask myself, especially with me preparing to share this message that God has given me with power moves, like how does what you're experiencing right now relate to this message? Because at the end of the day, the people who are going to be reading this book are going to be going through all different types of things, and something like this is likely going to be one of the things that come up. And what I came away with when praying is like at the end of the day, part of the reason why I am struggling and stretched and stressed over the parenting stuff is that I am worried. I am I think fearful, and I realized that the power of worry and the power of fear was consuming me. It was showing up at my thoughts. I felt walled up and guarded. Right I'm very much so fighter, fight flight or freeze. I was definitely functioning in freeze, and I just realized that what I am going to have to do. I feel God on this even as I'm saying it. What I am going to have to do in order to confront the worry, the doubt, the stress, the fear of what I'm experiencing on the parenting side is to come into agreement with God. To be worried, to be doubting, to be fearful is to say I don't know what the outcome is going to be. I don't know if I have what it takes. I don't know if I have the right words.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know, I don't know. But what do I know?
Speaker 1: And I know that the promises of God are yes and a man. I know that God is not a man, that he shall lie. I believe that no weapon formed against us will prosper. And so though I have given myself space to feel disappointed, discourage all of those things, at the end of the day, I agree with God. And sometimes your spirit has to be settled while your mind is sorting through the emotions. And because my spirit wasn't settled yet, I was letting myself feel but I didn't have any resolve, And so my resolve is I agree with God concerning my children. I agree with God concerning the gift and the anointing that's on their life.
Speaker 4: Agree with God.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what you're up against, but power moves itself. It's about coming into agreement with God. Not being who other people need you to be, not being who you think you should be based off of your experiences or your achievements, but really saying I agree with God with who I am in this season, and I'm going to release that version of myself into this circumstance, into this environment. So I want to challenge those of you who may be feeling unsettled in your spirit to come to a space where you're like, you know what, I'm going to agree with God.
Speaker 4: We believe by faith.
Speaker 1: That means that believing is not something that we feel sometimes with certainty and confidence. It is a decision that we make from a space of faith. And so I agree with God concerning what's happening in my world. And I hope that you too come to a place where you are agreeing with God.
Speaker 4: Can I mind your business now? I would love to mind you.
Speaker 1: You've been in Lord knows you been in my business. The least you could do is let me mind George. Okay, so here's what I want you to do. If you would like my perspective, my advice on something you're facing, send me an email to podcast at womnivov dot com. I would love to take a minute and just offer my perspective on what is happening in your world and see if the delegation has any other input as well.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: My question for today says, Hey, Sarah, so grateful.
Speaker 4: For your ministry and your commitment to the call. Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's been my accountability partner, girl chats and mental break from work. Speaking of work, I have a question, how does one know if God is calling them to be in and change an environment or not. I work in a mental health clinic and as you can imagine, it is hard. Sometimes I want to quit and find a different job opportunity as the job feels like a weight on my own mental and emotional health, but conflicted with the thought that I could be sought in light in the office to the patience and my coworkers. So how can I know what the right thing to do is looking out for myself? Or die to myself insert phenomenal question. Because the reality is that many of us are called into environments that are challenging with the intention, with God's intention of us serving that environment his glory, his strength, his kingdom. I say, as long as you're there, that you have an opportunity to do that by simply being yourself changing an environment. I want to say this properly, Changing an environment should not be so taxing that you feel stretched twenty four to seven. Changing an environment should be the organic byproduct of you showing up authentically in that space.
Speaker 4: And if it is.
Speaker 1: Difficult for you to show up authentically in that space all of the time, sometimes right, because there are going to be some moments where none of us do it with ease. But all of the time it's difficult for you to show up with authenticity so that God's light and power can flow through you, then it's going to be difficult. It is quite possible that God has you there for you to be a light for those who are in the room. And it is also quite possible that you are there to have provision, and while you are being provided for in that way, that you are preserving your light for the spaces that can accommodate your life. There's a passage in scripture where Jesus sends the disciples out to change environments, to heal the sick, to preach the Kingdom of heaven. But he tells them specifically, like go into spaces where you are welcomed, and if you are not welcomed, wipe the dust off of your feet and move to the next space. Because at the end of the day, you cannot force your light into a dark space. You can't force your anointing to fit in a jar that it wasn't meant to feel. But there are some spaces that are going to be hungry for what you carry, and you can flow effortlessly into those places. So with that in mind, I think that you should consider, like, is there a space where I can protect myself while showing up in this environment until God makes it evident what my next role is? Or can you ask yourself? Am I just going through a tough season? But I know for sure that this is where I'm supposed to be. Only you and God can wrestle through the answer to that. But I will tell you even right now like I was telling y'all earlier, like I am absolutely exhausted. Okay, went to bed at nine o'clock, woke up. I almost missed my workout, like stress. It's six point thirty right now on Friday, I am recording this. I just left target from getting my kids some toiletries and stuff. One of my kids is going out of town a school trip for ten days out of the country. Mind you. I speak in Raleigh, North Carolina, tomorrow. Take her to the airport. On Sunday, I'm going to go from the airport to church and then Monday flying to LA for any Like.
Speaker 4: We're terrible, right, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: When I was thinking, like it's time for me to sit down and record this podcast, it didn't bring me joy. But then when I read your question, I'm like, I broke my microphone out immediately because it is stretching to do the things that we are called to do. It doesn't always come with ease, Aged Jesus read the scriptures. It does not always come with ease. But when you are doing anything you are called to do, God gives you a little bit more grace, a little bit more annointing to show up in that space. I can't answer whether or not it's the space for you. But I do think that looking for those signs are really important. And you know, not everyone has the luxury of just quitting their job and waiting for the thing that they're called to do to show up in the earth. But I will say that if you are a positioned to stay in that role, that you have to be just sensitive to checking in with yourself, having some self care, taking care of yourself when you are out of that environment, so that you have the strength that you need to to be who you have to be when you go into that office space. What does restoration and refueling look like? And I think that's whether you're call to it or just surviving it. What does restoration look like until the next step is evident?
Speaker 4: I hope that helps you.
Speaker 1: I'm really grateful for the opportunity to have tough conversations about work environments. What's beneficial to us and for us, and what's challenging and is there any way around it. I was very intentional about saying that you may not have the luxury of being able to say, Hey, this place isn't good for my mental health. So I got to back off because the reality is we have bills, and if you are a woman of color listening to this podcast, then you are probably well aware that statistically, when it comes to pay gaps, that we live in the intersectionality that you're already not necessarily getting paid in comparison to white male counterparts because of your womanhood. But you add in the added layer of being a black woman, a brown woman, a Latina woman, then that intersectionality becomes even more evident as it relates to the pursuit of wealth, financial stability, and financial planning. One of the things I am really passionate about is not just helping you evolve mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, but how do I position women to evolve financially. I recognize that I cannot do any in all of things, and you know I can't even say a sentence, so you know I can't do.
Speaker 4: All of the things.
Speaker 1: I am well aware that I am not a one stop all when it comes to resources, and so to be able to have conversations about wealth building, wealth generation when we are in a culture where we aren't always raised to have conversations about money, credit score, financial planning is one of the things that I've wanted to be really intentional about I can tell you I was not taught about credit scores, budgeting, any of those things. I was born a welfare baby. My parents work so hard to get us out of that circumstance that they could not teach a class and take the class at the same time. And so I learned a lot of hard lessons about credit score, about repossessions, about disputing things on my credit score, about saving money, about not just what my mother used to say, don't buy what you want and beg for what you need, honey. I learned those lessons. About how quick the electric company could come out and turn them lights back on. I learned a lot of lessons. I'm doing so much better now, but I'm still learning, and it's one of my favorite things to do when I can hear from people who have more information than I do. I am excited to introduce to you Victoria Washington. Her goal, her vision, her purpose is to help women prosper. She calls herself part wealth act devader, part marketing wizard, part creative director. Victoria is at the helm of a financial revolution. She's the founder of the House of Wealth Embodiment, a global community and brand that has rapidly become the go to space for entrepreneurs to develop their wealth identity, create a sustainable relationship with money, and build a financial masterpiece through their business mission. I cannot wait to dive into this conversation. Let me tell you something. She read me a little bit, and that's rude to come on some ICE podcasts and just read them the way that they do. But you know what, here, I am laying myself open that the delegation may learn. You're gonna want to take some note, grab your pen and paper, or save this podcast. Listen to it now, but save it and come back to it. Share with some friends who are learning what it means to just be a good steward. April is financial literacy month and you are about to go to school. Okay, Victoria, we got to talk about these coins.
Speaker 4: Honey.
Speaker 1: It is April, it is financial literacy month, and U sometimes the finances are very much so giving illiterate. But we are moving to a space where so many women that I know, whether they are climbing the corporate ladder or they are entrepreneurs or just making it from day to day, are really thinking more long term. Like I don't know how I can sustain a lifestyle, not just this lifestyle, but a lifestyle long term. With the way that inflation is set up, with the way that savings is set up, I forget planning a vacation. What does retirement even look like? And so I'm so grateful for this opportunity to just unpack what stability and then even overflow looks like for those of us who are navigating this crazy up and down world. So can you tell me when was the first time you recognize that the journey to stability and even well building was going to have to be done with intention. Was it something that was innate to you or did you have this aha moment?
Speaker 2: It was definitely not innate, And I don't think it is for a lot of women.
Speaker 3: I think that we have grown up.
Speaker 2: In a society where either money is hidden and it's not talked about at all in households, or there's so much shame attached to it and projection attached to it that it just becomes this uncomfortable topic that's untouchable. I remember, even in situations as a child, it was just a stressor. And so I grew up resisting money, rebelling against money, and preaching I don't need money. I was that kid that was like, I'm going to be I'm going to be completely free of money, and I thought that that meant not being in relationship with money at all. That was freedom. So I was very avoidant of it and very avoidant of my finances until I left my corporate career started my own business. That's when I realized that money was a much bigger part of my life than I wanted to admit. And within less than a year, I ended up filing bankruptcy and that was the biggest wake up call of my life.
Speaker 3: I was just.
Speaker 2: About to turn thirty and I remember sitting on the park bench outside I lived in San Diego at the time, and I just was distraught with how I got here. And when I look at statistics, you know, one in every five black women file bankruptcy. And it was almost this trajectory that I didn't even realize I was put in, and I didn't even realize was an option. And all of a sudden, I'm sitting there and I'm just like, how did this happen?
Speaker 3: And what are I go from here?
Speaker 2: And that's really when my relationship with God completely changed everything for me, and I realized that I have never spent an adequate amount of time understanding my value, understanding how to steward, understanding how to build a character of wealth, and how to be in relationship with money outside of shame, outside of societal conditioning. And it became this very clear moment of it is an active rebellion to actually get in close proximity with money. It's an active rebellion based off of how the system is set up for me to take full responsibility of my life.
Speaker 3: And it's not going to happen by accident.
Speaker 2: So that was a big wake up call for me, and everything changed from that moment forward.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you said that you were about to turn thirty, You're sitting on this bench and you're like, how did I get here?
Speaker 4: And then you ended that story.
Speaker 1: By also saying that it was an active rebellion based off of how the system is set up for you to be in close proximity as it relates to your relationship with money. What is the system, how is it set up? And why are we so negatively impacted by it? And I would say blindly, yes, it's.
Speaker 2: So, because again at that point I didn't even realize how much I was being affected by my avoidance with money, and how much my life was really not shaped or even moving in a direction where I was going to be sustained. I was living in survival mode. I was living in an identity of damsel in distress.
Speaker 3: I was in a.
Speaker 2: Codependent relationship with other things in my life that had me using money as a method of safety versus really stepping into the stewardship of money as a resource that I'm being called to circulate throughout the world for different things. And so the system is set up to make money more complicated. It's set up specifically for women. We've been told it's not for us, like we're not responsible enough, or we're you know, even in the seventies, women were given the right to have a credit card but couldn't have a mortgage in their name. That just goes to show that we've been set up to spend and to use money, but we haven't really been set up to learn.
Speaker 3: How to steward it. So there is this big.
Speaker 2: Moment of realizing that that's not going to happen by accident, that's not going to just land in my lab. I'm going to have to really understand what is my personal relationship with money going to look like? And I made it bigger than me. I just remember needing to make it bigger than me. It needed to be for my legacy. It needed to be for I just had this declaration on my heart that no other woman in my family was going to hold this grip with scarcity. And I recognized that in our family tree and even just in our family units, we don't just pass down assets and cash. We passed down our thoughts and our behaviors around money. So there was a lot that I had to look at in the way that I was behaving with money.
Speaker 3: That I didn't even realize.
Speaker 2: I chose, but that was it was just by nature, something that I started to mirror and bring to life, and then that turned into bankruptcy and so many other things. So the wake up call was more centered around my role in my life and then also becoming the liberator of my relationship with money and not leaving it up to someone else or something else.
Speaker 1: What does it look like to have a scarcity mindset when it comes to your relationship with money.
Speaker 2: When you look up the Dictionary definition of scarcity, all it really means is lack. And it's interesting because you can have a lack of doubt and that's technically in that context not negative. But when it comes to money, I really see scarcity when I've worked with at this point over eight thousand women, when I really get into the roots of what it is that they're gripped with or what it is that they're battling. Scarcity is connected to us believing that we are an accumulation of our negative thoughts in our past. So we show up in rooms and we hold the energy and the embodiment of I don't have enough, or I'm not adequate, I don't belong here, I'm unlovable, And so I think in if you were to approach your relationship with money in standard status col like, let's go become more financially literate, which is so important, that will take you down a road of understanding financial terminology, getting your bank account set up, all of that. But I've realized after working with so many women that none of that matters until we can feel in here are God given value and our God given wealth identity. So the scarcity becomes more of a teacher of where have I decided I'm not lovable? Where have I decided I don't belong and I'm not adequate for this role, or for this leadership, or for this amount of money. And when we let that build and build and build over years and years and years, it shows up on our face, shows up in our hearts, shows up in the way that we guard ourselves and the way that we push opportunities away, or the way that we are frivolous with certain decisions in our life. So that's how it showed up for me personally, and how I've watched it show up and my students and then my clients, it's really more in their behavior than just their thoughts and how they're thinking.
Speaker 1: This then become the way that we attempt to reclaim our worth and value, and ultimately those habits being unhealthy keep us from having the type of stability that we ultimately desire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spending the way that I teach it and the way that I've received feedback through my students and my clients is whenever we're spending money, we're actually spending parts of our worth, or we're spending parts of our time. And we've all grown up in a society that says.
Speaker 3: Money is more valuable than time.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people spend their time trying to make more money. When we flip it and we recognize that time is one of our most valuable currencies, or our creativity is one of our most valuable currencies, or our voice is one of our most valuable currencies. We recognize that every time we're spending, we're exchanging something. So I'm going to spend money on this thing, but I'm really spending my time, I'm spending my worth, I'm spending my creativity to.
Speaker 3: Get this thing.
Speaker 2: Then I get the thing, it doesn't feel what I thought I was going to feel, so I got to spend more. And so we end up spending money versus circulating it from a deeper understanding of our purpose or our call, or wherever it is that God is asking us to move this resource out into the world. So I feel like for a lot of women, their relationship with money can be found in how they spend, where they spend, and how often they're spending.
Speaker 1: Okay, so my husband always jokes that, you know, I may not spend a lot of money, like buying things for myself, but I would spend a lot of I will spend a lot of things, buying things for the house, like you know, sometimes things for the kids, but you know, something for the house, like something I would never spend a certain amount of money that I'd never spend on myself. I will like drop on something on the house. I cannot even bling twice about it. What does that tell you about my relationship with money?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I love how your que that's transparent because I have the same thing. So I have these different I have a quiz that I've created that gives you three different archetypes. They work with the attachment style, theory and relationship, and so spending is the spender is typically connected to the attachment style of the anxious attached, where they are constantly feeling like they need to keep spending because they don't feel safe having money. As much as money equals safety, for some people actually subconsciously they feel like it's not safe to have money. Money's not safe with me, I'm irresponsible. Where when you share that with me, I feel a little bit of the hoarder, which is somebody who doesn't they're not frivolous with.
Speaker 3: Their money at all.
Speaker 2: They are going to be somebody that definitely would rather have stacked cash than be spending it all around. They tend to keep a lot in the bank account. They like to see that there's a lot there. Like they you'll very connected to money being in the bank account, whereas a spender feels like I just want to spend it.
Speaker 3: Who cares like I'm just gonna do my thing.
Speaker 2: So with a hoarder, they don't find value in circulating money for themselves. They value their environments and the people around them. So the path of least resistance for them to circulate money is through other people, through situations, experiences, and home, which is the most important.
Speaker 3: Thing to a hoarder.
Speaker 2: So that makes sense for what you're saying that it feels really stable and even exciting and pleasurable for me to circulate money in this way. If I were to just take myself to the spa by myself, a new outfit that feels empty, but a spender would love that.
Speaker 3: A hoarder's like that does nothing for me.
Speaker 2: So on the other side of the hoarder is the financial stabilizer. And to me, the hoarders are so special because they have a very stabilizing energy.
Speaker 3: They're very steady human beings.
Speaker 2: They don't have a lot of up and down with money once they're fully in their power around their relationship with money. So there's obviously these different things to look at that you could work on, but there's also so much beauty and so much grace in the stabilizing energy that.
Speaker 3: You have with money, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: You're a lot of terminology, but that that's that's the that's what I'm.
Speaker 3: Seeing when you share that with me.
Speaker 4: Okay, So like what's wrong with that? Like what's like?
Speaker 1: How do I Because when I hear order, it doesn't sound like a compliment, But literally everything you just said sound like a compliment to me, which, by the way, it's part of the when I took the Enneagram test, which I didn't know at the time that there was controversy behind it, but they were taught I was an achiever, a type three, and everything they told me about myself, I was like, this sounds this sounds like an amazing individual.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go business.
Speaker 2: So I really truly don't think there's anything wrong with spending or wrong with hoarding. These are just terminologies to help people understand how they're in relationship with money.
Speaker 3: Because as much as you're willing.
Speaker 2: Let's say to spend on the house, or to fill your home or even your children or the people around you with prosperity or really now exchange in that way, there's still what I would have you look at is the area in which you might be holding a sensation of fear around not having that ability and not being able to fully feel your money. Like hoarders know how to move money, but they don't always feel prosperous in the process. So there's I think the difference of anybody can make money, anybody can spend money, but not everybody feels prosperous as they do it. And sometimes what I've seen with the hoarder is that they're so focused on other people that they don't feel for themselves, how that's really circulating through them, how that's really They don't.
Speaker 3: Fully experienced it.
Speaker 2: They watch other people experience it, but how much are they personally experiencing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you didn't have to be rude. I brought you onto my podcast, Like, Okay.
Speaker 3: There's a little crack I'm seeing, I'm all go in there.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 1: No, First of all, I think it's important that people be willing to see themselves and I know that. You know, transparency and vulnerability leads away. So we've got the spending, we've got the order. What's the other archetype.
Speaker 2: The other one is the avoid, which is somebody who The avoid is like being in relationship with somebody who's like, I want a partner. I want a partner. But then they get in the partnership and they don't text back. They get in the partnership and they're like, I.
Speaker 3: This is a little too close.
Speaker 2: They feel like money and the responsibility of money is encroaching on their freedom. So they're constantly in this push pull in their relationship with money, like I want it, but I don't want the responsibility that comes with it. I want it, but I don't want the intimacy or the expos that comes with it. So they tend to avoid their finances by not checking their bank account, by not answering people back, by not making decisions, by not looking at the ways in which their money is being moved throughout the world. On the other side of the avoid, once they move through that, they learn through that is the financial catalyst, and they are the type that actually change the world with money. They actually do really catalyzing things with money because they're no longer afraid of being seen, they're no longer afraid of being in relationship with other people. And one of the breakthroughs for the avoid is, my money is only as prosperous as my relationships. So if I have no relationships and no intimacy, no matter how much money is coming and going, I'm not going to actually be rich. I'm not actually going to feel in my purpose with money. I'm not going to feel like I'm actually doing anything. So there's a lot of breakthrough for the avoid and intimacy and relationship, and then how that then translates into the relationship with money as they change the world, they do really big.
Speaker 4: Things with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I already know that that's going to blow someone's mind. You are the founder of the House of wealth embodiment. Are these the types of conversations that you're having there?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, And I love breaking it down in this way because in this way nobody has to hold shame.
Speaker 3: There's no shame, there's no you're right, you're wrong.
Speaker 2: It's we've all inherited different flaws, different things that God has called us to move through and work with. And on the other end, of those things is our power, is our stewardship. And I don't think that i'd be who I am today or who I am with money but didn't file bankruptcy if I didn't come face to face with a spender and me that was trying so bad to find my value on shelves, in things and in other experiences that weren't actually fulfilling my purpose. So I love having these conversations because it opens the floor for vulnerability, for truth, and for everybody to really be seen without the shame and the projection that they typically are in when it comes to money.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's say someone's listening to this, and of course they're going to look you up. They're going to find the house of wealth embodiment. But they're also wondering, Okay, maybe I actually do need to start planning for a future, but right now I'm living paycheck to paycheck. How do we bridge that gap between I want to have a savings, I want to take trips, I want to pay some debt off, but I literally have no extra What do we do in these scenarios?
Speaker 2: So that means that we're living in survival. Well, that's exactly where I spent most of my twenties and even some of my early thirties was in the survival mode of just living either clients client or paycheck to paycheck, and I didn't even have a breath to consider what my relationship with money could look like.
Speaker 3: Outside of that.
Speaker 2: But there comes this point where we have to definitely acknowledge that.
Speaker 3: Feel that that is so real.
Speaker 2: And what I recognized when I went into that is I don't have resistance with money. I don't have a problem making money. I have resistance to responsibility. And for a lot of women, I grew up personally being responsible for way more than I was ready for, way too soon, and so my relationship with responsibility was like, I don't want that.
Speaker 3: I just want to survive. I just want to get by.
Speaker 2: And I didn't realize that that narrative was running how much I was really valuing myself and what rooms I was putting myself in, how I was using my skills, how I was leveraging the gifts that God gave me. And I remember one time in my kitchen got stopped me and I heard so clearly he said, where are you at with receiving my gifts for you? But I kept focusing on money, like God, I've been praying for money, like I want the gift of right there cash, And I just kept hearing him say, well, where are you at with receiving my gifts for you? The gifts that I gave you to circulate which bring money into form your voice, the different characteristics that I bestowed within you. I was so focused on making money that I was not focusing on tending to my body, the vessel and the gift that God gave me to actually go out in the world and do something that was going to be beyond the survival mode. So I recognize for a lot of women myself included, is that our financial intelligence is directly linked to.
Speaker 3: Our body intelligence.
Speaker 2: If we're in survival mode, we can't make decisions that are going to be fruitful. We can't think beyond that paycheck. So I had to, as hard as it was, put that down for a second and really go into my body and say, what do you need right now so that you can get into a stabilized state to be able to think clearly and use the gifts that God gave you and leverage them in the world. So that's a lot of work that I do with women as well is connecting them back with their body in relationship with God, so they can start honoring their nervous system and the parts of them that want to fight, that want to fight like all that shows up in our relationship with money, and we don't realize that that keeps us in this constricted state of not being able to expand into the responsibility of stewardship.
Speaker 3: And when we.
Speaker 2: Do that, we stop looking at responsibility as a burden. We look at it as an honor, as a call. And that gave me the tenacity and the fortitude to get up and do something different and change the way that I was.
Speaker 3: In relationship with my finances.
Speaker 1: When did you start calling yourself a wealth activator?
Speaker 2: That still feels strange to call myself, to be honest, but we got to put titles on stuff when I speak, and when I've worked with women, that was what they said.
Speaker 3: It activated something in them.
Speaker 2: They felt something inside of them turn on that wasn't on before. And that's always my prayers that God reaches into the hearts of women and activates the identity that He's placed in them, because when that's activated, they can start to see that wealth is not just money.
Speaker 3: It's an accumulation of value.
Speaker 2: And if I identify as a valuable human being, I'm going to live my life different I'm going to walk into my boss's office differently. I'm going to break down every door they said was closed. So I have an activating nature. I get very passionate and excited. And that's my wish every time somebody hears me speak is that they feel activated by God's gifts.
Speaker 3: And that they can feel that inside of them.
Speaker 1: So for the women who are like, Okay, maybe I'm not living paycheck to paycheck, I finally have a little cushion and I'm ready to start thinking about what wealth looks like for me, What do you think are like the first couple of steps they should take in really beginning to take this extra that they have and throwing it into something that will multiply.
Speaker 3: I love this question because that.
Speaker 2: I always tell my students and my clients if if you want to do this work, make some money, because that's really when the journey begins. I thought, healing my scarcity going through all that was hard work. When you start making money, then it's like, oh now what now that it's here, what do I do with it, and it can be threatening almost because if you're used to living in a certain amount, or you're used to circulating a certain amount, it can be very confronting to then have the sensation of ten thousand dollars hundreds of thousand dollars. The responsibility that that comes with. So Number one is I always have them start to take on the mindset of an entrepreneur, understanding that within each of our own bodies, we have our own economy. So what is your economy? What do you want your economy to feel like? What do you want your economy to look like? What is your financial vision? Because if you don't have one, the world will give you one or someone else will give you one. So I think it's so important to sit and say, like, Okay, this money isn't going anywhere. Any fear that's coming in that's telling me that this is going to get stolen, this is going to be the last time I got lucky. Like all those thoughts will pop into your head when you start to circulate more money. We have to pause and ask, Okay, what's my vision? God, I want to have an encounter with where you desire me to steward this, and then we can start to see what chapter we're in. I think for some people, especially for millennials, there's an assumption that we should jump it straight into retirement, move it to this savings account, which I think is so important. That makes sense, But what about travel? What if you're in a chapter of lifestyle where you want to travel the world and you finally have the funds.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 2: What if you're in a chapter of motherhood and you're wanting to have overflows so you can step away from your business, or you can step away from your job and feel fully secure. I think it's important to really get clear on what chapter you're in and not feel like you have to put the money somewhere because that's what someone told you. When I first started circulating more money, I spent a couple of years traveling and just enjoying the fact that I could say yes without asking money for permission. And I think that that matters, and that's an important phase for each woman to go through. And then I recommend having a high yield savings account because that's the easiest way for you to start to understand how money multiplies without you always doing something with it and It's a perfect way to house your money while it's still moving a lot, still circulating, a wallet, still multiplying.
Speaker 3: If you're an entrepreneur, the.
Speaker 2: Next step I have you take is having a separate business account and a separate personal account, so that you can start to feel the difference between I'm making all this money to my business is starting to make money and it pays me.
Speaker 3: That's going to be a big move for a.
Speaker 2: Woman who's then going to be responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars. So those are some small things that I recomon and women do. It doesn't have to be complicated that even doing that in one year.
Speaker 3: For some people it's such a big move.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was opening up my accounts for the first time, my heart was racing. I'm like, I don't want to press the wrong button, and then the number.
Speaker 3: Changes, like what's happening right now?
Speaker 2: So I think it's it's taking the more simple step is often the most sophisticated step, jumping straight into stock market.
Speaker 3: All this stuff that's good, and we will get there.
Speaker 2: But these small steps of just having a vision, having some savings, knowing why you're in relationship with money is going to lead you in such a fruitful direction and you'll feel grounded along the way.
Speaker 1: You know, we've seen a lot of emails and headlines lately about data breaches and identity fifth. You know, I even get the email sometimes, but like nothing changes on my bank account. It doesn't look like I even though it says you could have been a victim, I wasn't a victim. How serious do you think we need to be taking the reality of our financial data and credit cards being easily hacked online? And what precautions should we be taking.
Speaker 2: I think the natural precautions are make sure your passwords are in check and make sure that you are changing those on a regular basis so that at least there's always a block between that and somebody potentially, you know, taking your identity. But I feel like there's a lot of fear based projection in that. And if you're truly in relationship with money, and you're no longer avoiding your finances, and you are intimately looking at your bank accounts regularly, you're very much so regularly connecting with your accountant, you have a bookkeeper. I think having those things in your world and on your team are so helpful and I feel like we have to really listen into our intuition. And for me, like anytime I see those emails, I can feel right away, just feel in the way that they're phrased. And that's why I mean, when we're in survival, we can't feel that. So that's why I'm so adamant about get grounded, get connected, stay rooted, so that you can listen for what is a red flag and what's not.
Speaker 3: That is part of our financial intelligence.
Speaker 2: So outside of the you know, changing your passwords, making sure that you're looking at your bank accounts regularly. I also think it's trusting your yourself and trusting that if something feels off, it probably is and hopefully you have somebody on your team or somebody that you can fact check it with and don't do anything if it feels off, Like, don't nothing is an emergency like that, Like even if something was happening, it wouldn't be communicated to.
Speaker 3: You that way.
Speaker 2: I've had fraud happen with me before, and my bank personally calls me. I know my bankers, Like that's what I mean by being intimate in our financial exchanges. Know your bankers ask for people's names because The more that you have that intimacy, the more you'll be like, I've never spoken to this person before, They've never called me in this way, I've never got notifications like that, and we'll be able to tell what is a scam and.
Speaker 3: What is actually for us.
Speaker 1: Do you still feel that home ownership is a vehicle for generational wealth building?
Speaker 2: I think it's one, but I don't think it's the only one, and I don't think it's the most powerful one.
Speaker 1: M what's the most powerful one.
Speaker 2: I think that it really depends on again, you knowing what chapter you're in. I think we've all grown up on some level. The goal is like to get a house for your degree, a house for your degree. In a house, you're basically winning a life. But I feel like it's changed so much. I think our generation is changing, currency is changing, entrepreneurship is changing. I'm so grateful that I spent and circulated most of the first bit of cash that I had back into my business, which now has turned into this whole movement that if I was like I got to get a house, I got to get a house, I don't know that I would have made the decisions that I made if that's in your financial vision, and that is something that feels true for you and it's on your heart and God has called you to do that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's an amazing.
Speaker 2: Way to circulate your money. But I also feel that commercial investments are an amazing way. Getting creative in your business and reinvesting in your business is an amazing way I look at. For me, my greatest currency is not cash and it's not a house. My greatest currency is my voice and my ideas. So I'm constantly looking at where can I invest in things that are going to foster more strength in those areas because I know with a voice and an idea, I can do anything. I can turn money into form. So that's why I really encourage everyone to get clear on what is your true vision, otherwise someone else will give it to you. And most of the time they're going to give you the vision of go buy a house, go get a degree.
Speaker 3: But that's not the path for everybody.
Speaker 2: And I think that that's going to liberate some people who are like I, you know, want to go invest in travel, or there's this new idea, this new business that I want to put some money in. I think those are really fruitful ways as well.
Speaker 3: I love that you say advisor, so.
Speaker 2: Legally, I just got to say, don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not a findential advisor.
Speaker 2: This is just what I've seen, and what I have i've seen work for other people at myself.
Speaker 1: I love that you said that, though, because part of this concept in this book that I have coming out, Power Moves, is all about the reality that the power of ideas are often moving. What once worked for one generation may not be cookie cutter for the next generation. And giving ourselves permission to explore what power looks like now is one of the greatest assets that we can give one another. I feel like it's the same thing even as we talk about worth and how not necessarily our financial worth, but our worth as individuals and our souls. If we do not do the work of reclaiming our worth from the things that have tried to strip us from who God says we are, who we have the potential to become, then we will live less than God's version of who we are. We may not be able to access some of the promises and realities connected with that vision. And so I want to ask you, and closing, if someone is listening to this interview right now, and they know they struggle with their value, they know they struggle with their worth. They just have so many insecurities, they have so many flaws, They've made so many mistakes. What would you say is like the number one step to take in reclaiming your worth.
Speaker 2: Remember that that set back is God set up for his glory.
Speaker 3: And oftentimes.
Speaker 2: The thing that we think is the greatest burden or the greatest thing that is blocking us from our worth is the necessary ingredient that God is using to fortify our worth and fortify just how called we are. I yes see that God has trusted me with this business, this voice, this mission.
Speaker 3: But God also trusted me with bankruptcy because.
Speaker 2: He knew what I would do with it and who I would turn to in it. So that weight that you're feeling is not the weight.
Speaker 3: Of the world. It's the weight of your worth.
Speaker 2: And that worth has it has gravity, it has a call, it has purpose, And sometimes I think we forget that that heaviness isn't something we weren't designed to carry. So it's it's like stand in it, stand on it, stand with it, and trust that there is so much glory that's being set up in that process and at the end of the day, you're going to look back and say, Wow, I'm not just standing in this. I don't just believe this like it is deeply within me because I took that journey, because I chose the weight of my worth overholding the weight of the world.
Speaker 1: Wow, well, Victoria, thank you. I know so many of us are going to be a fan after this. I appreciate the way that you poured out and put me on blast a little bit for the sake of the sisterhood.
Speaker 4: I was like, please.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: I love it though.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for what you are contributing to the sisterhood, to womanhood. You're necessary and I can't wait to see what all we can do together.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful I got to pour into y'all, and I hope you received everything that you came here, and I hope that this woke something up within you. And I just feel really blessed that you trusted me to have this conversation with you.
Speaker 1: Are are y'all still stuck on how she read me? Because I'm still stuck on how that queen read me. But let me tell you one thing is for sure, you all need to get plugged into the work that she's doing. I love that she's not just coming at it from a this is what you need to do perspective, but this is why you do what you do, and this is what you need to know in order to change. I hope that you all plug into her resources. It will tremendously bless you. It's Wednesday, It's hum Day. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your week. Some of y'all not listening to this on Wednesday, but whenever you are listening to it, just know that I count it amongst my greatest privileges and honor to be a part of what God is doing in your life. I want to take a minute and pray with you before I go, especially as it relates to the area of finances. Thank you God for laying on our heart this desire to break a generational curse off of our family and to introduce generational blessings and generational wealth. God, first of all, we have to say this. We know that you desire more than anything for our souls to prosper, and so God, I pray that you would bring us to a space where we are prospering and wealthy. On a soul level, that we are rooted in the knowledge of your love and from that place that we touch and do everything with a reflection of Your love connected to it. God, I pray for those who are connected to this podcast as it is financial Literacy Awareness Month. God, it is my prayer that you would make them more literate in the areas where they have no example, that you would make them more literate in the areas that their goals and dreams and businesses are connected to. God, give them structure, give them insight, give them strategy, give them wisdom on how to break the curse off of their lives and to move into a space of blessing and fulfillment. And God, I pray that as you do that, that you will position them to be givers and teachers for those who are connected to them. I thank you that when one of us comes up, we all come up. Thank You for the gift of Victoria Washington and she continued to be rooted and her identity in You. In Jesus name my prayer. You know what I've realized. I am a prayer.
Speaker 4: I will just be.
Speaker 1: Praying and praying. When we're doing school runs in the morning. The girls be like, that's enough praying, all right, so listen. I love you. I will catch up with you next week. My book is almost out, y'all. Pray for the kid, all right. Take care,