Speaker 1: So now I'm doing the straddle move and I feel like, as a former hurdler, my ability to get up and over the legs is pretty good. But now I'm looking around and other people are like, this girl is really taking liberties. And if this woman woke up, I am giving a full lap dance and like she probably because she was so lovely, wouldn't care. But everyone around me is looking like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: We Are too Much Cleavage? Huh? How much is too much cleavage?
Speaker 1: That's a headline, ladies, and welcome you have to the Calm Down podcast Hoda and Jenna who we Love. A New York Times article said toes out in the workplace, you might want to tread carefully. But then the conversation turned to how much cleavage is too much cleavage in the workplace?
Speaker 3: And what did they say? Do you know?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: It was like, well what is?
Speaker 1: It was just like an opinion thing, like how much is too much? I think if you have to question it, it's too much. I remember, especially for Sunday, our Sunday show. Hi everybody, if you just joined day, Hi, welcome to the Calm Down Podcast, your Sunday Show, our Sunday Show. I remember the words of our old Fox Sports president. He's like, people are coming home from church. They don't need to question whether you're coming home from a club. They're coming home from church, just to And that's always been sort of like a good Now. I in my early years probably wore dresses that were too short because I thought I was cute. But like now I'm very cognizant of like no one needs to see all that. In the morning, it is early. I'm getting my coffee and leave something the imagination.
Speaker 3: I agree. Wait, I feel like where we are too.
Speaker 2: You're in the studio, it's early where you are, and then where we are it's like you got people looking down like you got like I'm listen. I'm tall, so I'm almost eye level with the athlete, but they a lot of them have to look down. I just I don't need it.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't you know, I don't want to have to be wondering about it either. Yeah. Yeah, all of the all of the things.
Speaker 2: I'm running, I'm bending over, I'm picking up pens so I can fluff my hair.
Speaker 1: That's still one of my favorite tricks that Aaron does so very early on in our friendship and we I think bonded over the trivial things like hair extensions or something dumb, and we were talking about it, pashing them up, you fluff them up, And so then she taught me the bend and snap move. For those of you listening, it's the old drop the pen and from legally blonde bend, flip that hair and snap. Although there's been plenty of times where I have for sure when I had all the individuals, was running my fingers like through the back part of my hair and one would come out in my hand, and then you have to do the like twist it like it's spaghetti on a floor and hide it and then you find them in your freaking coat pockets later like individual strands.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so.
Speaker 2: We say that we do that out in well, in the studio you have a hair person that you know fluffs you up and gets you ready. But out on the field and when CHRISA was doing Sideline, we don't have a hair person.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're lucky if you even have a mirror. Now you're lucky.
Speaker 2: You can look to your phone, but that grosses me out, so it's you know, you're usually out on the field for a good two hours before there's really no fluff time. So I would stand there, I'd have the team behind me, and I'm like, I know, my hair just needs to do like a big little to get these you know, all into place. So I just drop my pen, pick it up, flip it up. And then I'd always look at my handheld photographer and he'd be like quite and then I so right about myself.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kars, good to see you.
Speaker 1: I was always self conscious about pulling out a mirror when I.
Speaker 3: Was on the sidelines or even I'm a little bit now.
Speaker 1: I don't really care as much obviously about anything a mirror when I'm on set at for Thursday night out on the field. I don't know, I just feel like it's one of those things, this is my own shit where it's like, oh, she's more worried about what she looks like than about what she said.
Speaker 3: And I feel it.
Speaker 1: I feel you, and I don't know why I'm you know, like I said, I'm a little bit better than I used to be about it, but I would like like like go way down like with yeah, like almost by like how my bag is, and like have like shit, you know, over my head so that no one would see me like looking in a mirror or like freshening up. But yeah, I don't know that's my own stuff's changed.
Speaker 3: Though in our world it really has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of uh, I mean now all vanities for some people out there, like, oh my god, you're gonna miss your hit. You're on in five four three two one. We got a great show for you. Aaron and I were just talking. Is that time of year where you know we're here. It's April, mid April. We aren't ramped up obviously for anything football yet, but there are some of these voluntary workouts happening.
Speaker 3: You got the NFL Draft coming up.
Speaker 1: But for us, it's sort of like get all the crap that we need to get done in the off season. Now you're booking appointments, you're doing things like that. You you look gorgeous. I'm still in my pajamas, but you look gorgeous. You had to shoot this morning and then you got in the pool with Macaroon. So we're gonna discuss that. We're also going to talk about our little pet peeves that I'm spending a lot of time with Steve and I love him so much, but we've got a little pet peeve situation. And if he walks in here, I'm sure the list about me is long, and just say he's good material for us, yep. And then I'm also gonna ask you, guys, the listeners, I've got a question for you, because our live show is coming up.
Speaker 3: What else we got going on here?
Speaker 2: I love that we're gonna get some more Ryan reactions. Forget Ryan's roses. We have Ryan's reactions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for you those of you guys that don't know, is our wonderful producer and we love to get a male perspective on things.
Speaker 3: He's great. And so all right, let's go back.
Speaker 1: You had a shoot this morning, that's why your hair is looking fabulous. And are those individual lashes? What's happening here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: These are a lot.
Speaker 2: This is Jamie Makeup, you know, Jamie Wamie whatever girl. She's the best checker out on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Jamie makeup she has with those trips to Sephora, the little microphone.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show you right now which makeup gives you acne and which makeup gives you cistic Acne follows me. Yeah, she's the best. She's always a good time. I did a little shoot today for Armin Hammer. You heard me clean laundry. I'm a big laundry that goes well.
Speaker 3: My god too, oh God.
Speaker 2: Did that, and then had a swim lesson with Macaroni. He's doing so well. He's going under closing his eyes. We need him to kick a little bit more when he's under. His good friend, THEO is kicking a lot. But THEO is a month older. So but he's doing well.
Speaker 3: He's coming up and he's like and then I start singing five little monkeys jumping in onto that one bef and bumped his head.
Speaker 1: Mama calls the doctor, and those are some of the ones that I redore for my good old days.
Speaker 3: Kids love that they do. That's great, that's so fun. So you're in the pool with him.
Speaker 2: In the pool, I kept my makeup on and I tied my hair up because I was like, I don't want to have to do it for the podcast, which brings me to my next thing. We talked about it on our pregame show. I'm a square. I don't do anything. I mean, I get botox.
Speaker 3: We get it.
Speaker 2: I color my hair, I have you know, extensions when I'm on air. I got a tattoo last year.
Speaker 3: This is one of my best friends. I was traded.
Speaker 2: I was very upset, emotional, very overserved, and decided to go get a tattoo with her.
Speaker 4: Stupid.
Speaker 1: We still not sure what it means, but yep, it says the word this, and she've tried to explain it.
Speaker 3: But okay. So somebody asked, will you get more tattoos?
Speaker 2: And sure, I Am not planning on it, but who knows. I mean, somebody else may get traded in my life. I went and got a much needed facial because I discussed on the on the Regular Big Show that my face was furry. I am taking some neutrifol and it makes you, yeah, grow hair on your face. Apparently that's the side effect for me. So I looked like Howie's sister got it dormoff like whatever.
Speaker 3: They shaved my beard and all that, and then my sweet girl beard.
Speaker 2: Well it looked like when it was all over my face, it was like whatever, she goes, would you like your brows laminated?
Speaker 3: I did it, and I just feel like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They laminated my brows, so they kind of look like Gillian's and they're fluffy.
Speaker 3: What do you I don't know that. I'm like, whoa, I don't know. She put like a lamination on my brows.
Speaker 1: They looks fluffier because normally they were just like weird slits.
Speaker 3: No, it's just permanent, but they're very hard.
Speaker 2: It's like if you put too much hairspray on It feels like you put too much hairspray on them and so doesn't make them stand up.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, it's like fluffier.
Speaker 2: So today when Jamie makeup did me, I was like, whoa, it looks like I have butterflies on my eye or on my eyebrows. And I was like, am I keeping it like this? And she said, yeah, I think this is what you're gonna start doing.
Speaker 3: But I'm curious.
Speaker 2: I'm curious the vibe with football, like what the guys are going to say, because I will be very honest and open. Yo, when you see me up closed in a couple of weeks, you'll notice you'll see me. But you ack, party's gonna say erin something's different about you.
Speaker 3: Did you laminate your eyebrows? Well?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: He may he may Or Trent Williams. I do believe they will care.
Speaker 3: Listen. I got to tell you something.
Speaker 2: Before Jillian came to work with us, I had an instance where we had a makeup artist. She did a full face on me. I didn't have time to wipe it down or hose it down like I like to say. I went up to a quarterback who I know very well.
Speaker 3: He turned her on in.
Speaker 2: My story, and I was like, we have to get rid of this makeup artist. Immediately I ran to the officials bathroom. I took a towel, I probably took a flag that they threw on the field and.
Speaker 3: You were off sides.
Speaker 1: Okay, you are you, my dear, And the makeup artists got a holding penalty for holding that concealer too long.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, take me too many men on the field. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Your makeup looks great, though I just don't. I'm just excited to see up close and personal this lamination owne. So I appreciate as I keep trying to look and see what the fluffiness is about. I love the less, I mean, the least amount of makeup I can put on, the better. I like I said, I haven't put on being out here. I don't put on makeup ever. I mean I don't even brush my hair clothes. I don't really care. I always laugh like some of these other podcasts that I see, like the Girls, the women that are and then they look and they're like ready, and I'm like, you should see our podcast. As the years have gone on, it's like there's just like this is my favorite. When people say this like oh I love how like self deprecating or like whatever. They'll say like, oh, how you guys just don't care. I'm like, is this an indication of not caring?
Speaker 2: But how about what sam Byrne said to us a Yellowstone buff Because yeah, you guys are very dressed down for you a very dress podcastle sam By dressed down?
Speaker 3: You mean don't recognize you?
Speaker 1: My famits when people go like this, like, oh, you look different than you do on TV, I'm like, you think, because I have seventeen pounds of makeup on I'm under studio lights and I'm done up. This is me, Okay, folks, take it or leave it. She's got laminated brows. I've got a liptin, that's all I got. I just look like I permanently have lipstick on all the time, and it's the best thing that I've done. It looks so good, but I have to stop. I can't do the brows like you know when they do those. What's it called.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought I was getting done, but it no, they call it, like, is it micro it's matt micro blading?
Speaker 3: Is that what macro blading? I don't know. I don't know what it's happened. You look it up.
Speaker 4: You don't eat.
Speaker 3: Where they make it.
Speaker 1: Basically, it's like you tattoo the eyebrow things so you don't have to fill them in. I can't do that. We can't have the lips and the eyebrow like piccolating here. So sister, okay, wow, So no, I did that, liptin, and I'm very happy with it, although I do need to go back because right now it looks like I'm just wearing a spice lipliner, So we need to fill it on all the way.
Speaker 3: Don't get burned. I know That's what Steve's like. You know, men are so funny.
Speaker 1: He goes, well, I don't think you need to go back and do that, and I was like, no, I have to do it. I have to do the second round, and he goes, I don't. I don't think you should do that because he doesn't want me to have happened. Yeah, anyways, I mean, look, I had a lot of plans to improve myself this offseason, and you know, the schedule got filled up.
Speaker 3: I wasn't able to do it. So here we are. I say, micro blader.
Speaker 1: Band and yeah, micro blading, all right, I'll just say it. I wanted to get my I wanted my neck to be pulled back. I can't do it right now, I told her band, so she told me to just yeah, because.
Speaker 3: I'm getting that. I'm getting up having in here.
Speaker 1: Whatever, It's fine microblading, I'm not gonna Yeah, we're not going to be doing that.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: Speaking of seeing one another in real life, and you look different than you do on television. Hopefully we will see anyone that's listening to this, one hundred and fifty of you. On May ninth at the Hollywood Improv for our live Netflix show, so Erin and I were talking about this. What do you guys want us to talk about?
Speaker 3: Because do you want to hear?
Speaker 1: Obviously we'll just go on a tangent, and then all of a sudden, our time together in one hour will be up and you'll be like, what did we just listen to us rambling? But do you guys want us to tell stories?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you want us to answer questions from the audience? I really want to know what you guys want us to talk about, So send us a DMU.
Speaker 3: Or write please still show up? Or please still show up? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That too, But yeah, I think I want to have a better idea of what you guys if you're buying a ticket to this which, by the way, the tickets are not like five free. You bought this ticket, So what do you want us to do? Do you want us make me a bicycle clown? I mean, we'll sing and we'll dance whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I love when I go to these kind of non events, you know. I love when I do improv I love when I go to speaking engagements.
Speaker 3: I love Q and A.
Speaker 2: Now you could get something that you were like, WHOA wasn't vetted? But if it isn't, I'll be like, I feel uncomfortable. Next question. But I love hearing what people want to talk about. One of the best questions I ever got at a speaking engagement was I am an avid fan of Dancing with the Stars, and when you danced on the show, where did they put your microphones? And I thought that was a phenomenal question. Your phones, where are you going with the stars? For the women are in your broad cups and very much so they try to make sure that one broad cup doesn't look bigger than the other because that would be awkward on national television. So they kind of have to even it out with the materials and the padding and so forth. Because you have a big mic pack, the men's.
Speaker 3: Mic pack in their pays.
Speaker 2: If they fall in a certain area or you need them, that's going to hurt even worse. Yeah, they have to hide it. So that's what our dress rehearsals were all about. They were all about like seeing our costumes under the lighting, the spacing, our hair and makeup.
Speaker 3: Did that look good? Where we tan enough? Did the mic?
Speaker 2: Because sometimes the mic would come out in the middle a string would be and you just rip it off. But then you hope, like you know, you don't rip your top off. There's a lot I have a lot of questions about this. This is my Q and E.
Speaker 3: Because I've never talked to you about this.
Speaker 1: Actually, I feel like that's like it was like ten thousand years ago and we weren't the friends that we were now. Not that matters in terms of lines of questioning, but we'd never talked about Dancing the Stars. Okay, so when I danced or hosted both, but we dance in in particular, as it pertains to this conversation, the dancing. Now you have a background and dance, you're an incredible dancer. But what was the hardest dance to learn? Why was it so hard? Because everyone says that when you go on a show like that, like it's like the hardest thing that you'll ever do.
Speaker 3: Like, what is it is about remembering step? Like?
Speaker 1: What what is the hard part? It was pretty good at remembering the steps.
Speaker 2: The two things that were the hardest for me was being sexual on air and okay, letting and I was single at the time and letting this hot guy rub up on me and I felt like baby from dancing or dirty dancing when Patrick Swayzeye did this, and she was like, like, I just felt so stupid. The other thing was there's three things. Actually you couldn't chew gum during rehearsals because they didn't want you chomping because you were always miked up. You always were, that's only how you weren't. You hate that and you're like this and you He's like and like it was weird because my dancer, Maxim, never had shitty breath.
Speaker 3: My breath, I was like, So.
Speaker 2: I always hid gum under my tongue because I was like, I can't do this and work out.
Speaker 1: You know when you work out, Yes, well you're having to remember enough. I don't want to have to be worried about my hygiene at that moment.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: And the third thing is ballroom dancing is so different from any ballet, jazz, contemporary miracle that you've ever learned.
Speaker 3: It's so hard. You are leading impressed.
Speaker 1: You just rattled those all off well an acro, It's it's so much harder.
Speaker 2: The hardest dance I had to learn was my very first one, which was the chat chaw, which is a lot of steps all at once, and I was just not into the rhythm. I was not great. I nailed the high kick, Bruno said. I my first dance, I was very bendy, but I sucked at the chat chap.
Speaker 1: No, No, god, I just okay. And then spray tans. That's my next question. How often were you getting a spray tan and did it look great in person or did it look like the one that I suggested you get That one time and it looked terrible.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about that because I'm going to get one for our trip in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: I need that.
Speaker 2: What was I going to say, basically got sponged bath like we went for the day before the show. We went to the practice studio and they coded us in our bra and our underwear because we had to look basically Brazilian on air.
Speaker 3: It looks better beautiful.
Speaker 2: And then we would take a shower and then they would touch us up in hair and makeup before we went out.
Speaker 3: My armpits smelled horrific.
Speaker 2: The other thing is you could shave your armpits a thousand times, but that spray tand got into the follicles, so it always looked like you needed to shave. My sheets, my leather jackets, everything was stained. My blazers were stained, and I just smelled gnarly.
Speaker 3: But it looked good. It looked great, yeah exactly, but it looked great.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then on the hosting side of things, did you have a favorite dress? Like, did you ever hear this ban of White has never worn the same dress twice? And how many I know how many shows, thirty years or however long she's been on the show, but she said that she said she had never worn the same dress.
Speaker 3: Ray, did you have a favorite dress?
Speaker 1: And what was the hardest part about hosting a live show?
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 2: Favorite outfit wasn't a dress. I wore a pair of green sequin pants, which I loved and just a black top. And I just felt so free because half the time I was always in tight dresses with eight thousand mic packs i f s because one was if what my mic failed on live television, I had to back up. I had another IVF, I had another if b all that, So that was really difficult.
Speaker 3: Hardest part I don't know, because live is just it's what we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I just figure, like like dancing walking down the damn stairs and my heels on live TV, I was always like so hard fucking fall hate it. I would be peeing my pants if I had to do a dance like that on live television. My feet used to sweat so bad in my shoes when I was dancing, because that's where I was so nervous, and I was like and also I was the same height as Max and I couldn't be higher. So thank god you would have been so annoyed I had.
Speaker 3: Those kit king Yeah. But it's hard to dance, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Although I found some old videos of us from the super Bowl a couple of years ago, it's not hard to dance at some of my heels. I found some crazy videos of you and I Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I was in tennis shoes, you were in high heels. You looked great.
Speaker 1: We were having the best time for us. I know, somebody should adorable. Okay, So we have some great headlines this, uh, ladies, and are we bringing in Rye? We are going to bring in Ryan for some other topics that we had a leer on the pregame show. So ry come on in and then you can weigh in if you want to. You can do what ever you want on our other headlines.
Speaker 3: But is it a new microphone?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 3: Ryan, Ladies and hands together.
Speaker 1: This guy looks like I was like, what what year did you step out of with that microphone?
Speaker 4: Pat sat Jack throwing it back. Now it was time. We're going to do Ryan's reaction. We got to do it right, so.
Speaker 3: You don't need laminating. Your doors are perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got to react to that real quick. But both of you, now, Carissa and you Aaron, what is with the showing up to the spa for one treatment and then it's like getting a car wash, like yeah, sure, throw on the wax, throw this on, Like yeah, how do these decisions happen? Is it just in the moment you're like, yeah, go ahead and do that to my face, Like I have a.
Speaker 3: Hard salesman, that's what they are. Oh, you need a new serum. You gotta try this like shit like John to get the bills up.
Speaker 4: Sure, but a serums like you could just like put it on your face and it's no big deal, Like what if your eyebrows were gonna fall out or something like that.
Speaker 1: Tattoo my eyebrows and my lips and go ahead and shave my face with the box cutter. Well, ran in the moment, she's right, it's being a good salesperson. But it's also like if it's gonna make me look better, I'm in a vulnerable spot, so go ahead, and do anything that's gonna make me look better.
Speaker 2: I'm also in a heated bed. I feel very cozy. My yeah, like I'm in your like very like heated robe. And also you're looking at my nose. So if you tell me it needs to be.
Speaker 3: Wax, I believe you. Okay, I just have you ever watched your eyebrows?
Speaker 4: Right? No, I've never. I don't think I've blaxed anything. I don't think i've ever whoa.
Speaker 2: Has Jared ever blacked his eyebrows? I don't think so, Jared. Do you know this, Carissa, Jared has on the inside of his nose right here, it looks like a massive blackhead. It is a stitch. When he was cut, I don't know by a puck or a stick. They had to stitch him up and one of the stitches didn't dissolve and it stuck in his nose and.
Speaker 3: It's grown over on the inside.
Speaker 2: So no, it's not here like on the outside, so it looks like a giant blackhead.
Speaker 3: It's a stitch. Oh No, I know.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say he had like his nose pierced at one point and then like it's like a hole.
Speaker 3: I was like, whoa Jared Stall Not what I would have thought.
Speaker 1: Strollsy Okay, speaking of significant others, here's the segway. So on the pregame, we were discussing one of our wonderful listeners. GEO had written in and asked what happens in a relationship if you're giving more than your receiving. And I had brought up the point that Steve does a lot of wonderful things, but while here at the ranch, I do the laundry, not because I don't know. I just started doing it, and I do it for both of us. And then there was piles and piles of laundry and he hadn't been saying thank you. And I'm really big on maybe that's like one of my love languages, like words of affirmation or gratitude, whatever the fucking love language is. Just say thank you, and I will do the laundry for the rest of your life, just as long as you acknowledge it. So I threw all the laundry in the bathroom because he wasn't saying thank you for it.
Speaker 3: So I was like, fuck him.
Speaker 1: So here's all the laundry on the floor, and let's see if he notices to which he said. I said to him after the laundry being there for almost twenty four hours, I said, did you want to say anything or pick up your laundry?
Speaker 3: And goes, oh, I didn't know what you were doing with that on the floor.
Speaker 1: And I was like, bro, I'm trying to make a statement that like, your laundry's all over the floor because I'm not doing it anyway, Ryan, your thoughts on couples like doing each other's laundry, Okay, that's part of the question. The other part of the question is like in our house, it's like if there's something on the stairs, then you have to take it up. Most of the time it is the laundry, like if you're walking over the things. So those are two different parts. But like your thoughts on household.
Speaker 4: Well, going back to something that you had said in the pregame, him acknowledging the clean clothes by calling it clean coves mountain and not saying clean closed mountain but not then thanking you for the laundry is a hell of a move.
Speaker 3: That is clean closed mountains getting really tough.
Speaker 4: So look, I had a similar situation that I had to own up to My wife and I were out of the country for two weeks. We came back and then she immediately had to go on a work trip for three nights, and she had said, Hey, can you take care of some of the laundry while I'm gone. I was like, I got that, no problem. Well guess who came back three days later and guess who forgot to do the laundry. Yeah, I was, Yeah, I messed up that one badly. And so as soon as what she says, ye, as soon as she got home and she's unpacking her bag and she saw that the laundry was still in the basket, she goes, I really really needed you to do that, and I was like, damn, I messed that one up badly.
Speaker 3: So she did lose her temper.
Speaker 2: She just said I really that's like goes along with our Valentine's Date conversation Chrissa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she and it's just you could tell how upset she was at that point. And I was like, yeah, you're right, I'm sorry I should have done that, and she goes, I, honestly, I don't know. Just so she does normally do the laundry, and so I think it was just something that I is not in my normal routine. So three days past and all of a sudden, she came home and I was like, hey, welcome home. She's like, I needed you to do the laundry, and I was like, fuck that one up badly.
Speaker 1: So, okay, that's very mature, and I want you to answered the other part of the question, and then I have a follow up because I'm trying to be more organized with my love. So wait, go go your thoughts on if there's stuff on the stairs, do you guys have a rule about taking them up or so.
Speaker 4: We have definitely tried to work on that, but at least it is equal parts delinquent on leaving stuff on the stairs, so it is not a it bothers one person and they're having to constantly complain and ask that it's we should like I hate that you do that, but it is something that we're like, we probably shouldn't be leaving so much stuff on the stairs, but I whatever, and we both do it, so it's not like a rub and we're not like getting into annoyances over it.
Speaker 2: It's all my shit, it's all mine. I throw it on there, it's all my shit. And we had discussed in another podcast don't put it down, put it away.
Speaker 3: That's something my presents were trying to do. It's great. And I forgot about it already, which I knew would would happen.
Speaker 2: But Jarrett, Chris s Steve, myself, we were all in Montana.
Speaker 3: I had put my shit on the stairs.
Speaker 2: I went to go up to our bedroom and Jared's like ah, and I was like, well, I was already like like, I already had momentum up the stairs and like dosa, she said, yeah.
Speaker 4: Can't stop.
Speaker 1: Went against no, she went against what we talked about, which was you had to deliberately walk over to shit to go up the stairs.
Speaker 3: And Jared called her out on it.
Speaker 1: And then that was her excuse, is that her momentum took her up the stairs and so she couldn't talk or she couldn't stop and pick it up. I said, Erin, that is an insane it is your momentum ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So this is when you're talking about doing laundry and you mentioned your wife is out of town. This is another question when you because I remember I don't know where I was. Kyle Brandt was on our podcast and I wasn't on for whatever reason, and you guys, Aaron, you were talking about food that you were Yeah, when Jared's not in town, so do you guys. So Steve's about to leave for a couple of days by the time this airson won't matter for security reasons, got it?
Speaker 3: Remove this. Steve's gonna leave for a few days. I can't fucking wait.
Speaker 1: I'm going because I am very diligent, Like I don't want I don't want plates in the sink. I don't want clothes on the floor. I don't want the towel not hung up like I like to keep in order. The couch needs to be put back in the morning if you fall asleep the night before and there's like a blanket, No, everything needs to be put in his place.
Speaker 3: When he's gone. Shit's everywhere. We're throwing the blankets. There's there's some kitchen, there's huge dishes in the sink.
Speaker 1: I do because I feel like I'm rebelling against my own rules, where I'm like, yes, the parents are gone, I get to do whatever I want. I don't have to be like so routine about it. I can't freaking wait. There's just gonna be shit everywhere. And then right before he comes home, I clean it all up to you guys do that.
Speaker 4: No, I keep things pretty orderly around here, except for you know, remembering to do the laundry. But yeah, no, I definitely am much more in line with just keeping everything exactly as it is, because I actually you don't. I hate that. I hate having to feel like I all of a sudden have to make up for all the things that I left around the house and now it's taking thirty minutes or forty five minutes to get it all in order instead of just doing it in the moment.
Speaker 2: Well, we have a song now at our house thanks to Gracie's Corner.
Speaker 3: If you have a toddler, you know it. Well, it's Tempa clean up. We don't. It's Tempa clean up. It's Tempa clean up and put our things away. It's time to clean up, So I sing it to Macaroni.
Speaker 2: Having somebody live with us for mac and Nanny has made me I don't want to be a saw but up in my room, I'm a fucking thought because that's my domain. So if Jared's away, I can be a saw there. But yeah he comes home, it's like it's.
Speaker 3: Clean up clean I feel I feel.
Speaker 1: Like you would be like that with him because he's so hyper clean. I like, the minute he walks out the door, you're like.
Speaker 4: I find that interesting though for you though, Carrisaka. So for Aaron, it's like she gets to actually let loose from having Jarrett making sure that the house is such a certain way. But you're giving yourself a break when Steve's gone.
Speaker 3: I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Tell you what.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you what. There's a psychology behind that. It's a great question.
Speaker 1: It's a great question, right because if I show that, like I put all my shit away and the you know, the dishes are done and everything's clean and orderly, then he feels the need that like he has to do that because if that's how I'm operating, then he's got to do it. If I just let myself always be like that, then he's gonna be like, oh okay, well then that's just how she rolls. No, I'm tricking him. I'm making him think that this is always how I am. And then when he's gone, all hell breaks.
Speaker 2: And you're rebelling against yourself, like you take that bit, Yeah, you take that.
Speaker 3: How does that feel?
Speaker 4: But then he dropped dirty clothes all over the bathroom floor. So I don't think it's working out that well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good ship, that's my point.
Speaker 1: But that's my point where I'm like, I want him to know that that is not acceptable behavior. We do not just leave our stuff all over the floor unless I'm not home. And you want those three days when I'm out of town for Thursday night football Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, you could just leave your shit all over the floor. I feel like Jennifer Aniston in the breakup right now, you want to leave your shit all over the floor.
Speaker 3: You do that, You wear a belt that doesn't match. Your shirt's too big?
Speaker 1: Gary again, her body oow so good that white dress. Okay, now, Aaron, you want to read the headline because I know Ryan has thoughts on this one too.
Speaker 3: Which one are we doing? The airplane?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: And if I would have been kicked off, it would have been I look crazy, You look great. A woman kept reaching across me to close the window on our flight. This is a headline. Basically, this woman was flying in the window seat because she liked looking out the window. A woman sitting next to her reached in front of her multiple times to close the window shade.
Speaker 3: I turned to her and.
Speaker 2: Said, next time you fly, book a window seat if you want to control the window, or at least treat me like a human and ask me before you violate my personal space.
Speaker 3: What you did is unbelievably rude. I wouldn't have even said that.
Speaker 2: I would have been like, first of all, knock it off, get out of here, and probably told.
Speaker 3: What's your name, what's your tattle name? You have a tattle? What was it? No, you have a reports. Rosi is her investigative journalist's name.
Speaker 1: But you are get your hand out of my face. I'm just Ryan's awareness.
Speaker 4: First of all, this story, it's said that she basically waited until the end of the flight to tell this person that after the second time. The first time is like are you that was a weird thing that happened. Huh, we're going to act like that didn't just happen. And then after time too, it's like, hey, no, this is we're done here. Yeah and yeah, and also with you, whenever there's someone doing some messed up stuff on the flight or not a general flight space respecting each other, I'm immediately let's got a problem.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to disaster. You do a tattletale thing to see. I'm not brave enough to do.
Speaker 4: We had a long flight a couple of years ago and this woman came on and I was on the aisle. My wife was sitting next to her, and we were doing like legs over underneath our chair. We had bags that we were trying to fit into the under underneath the seat in front of us, which were too big. We're like putting up the armrest, which is a weird thing to do when you're sitting next to the stranger.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, that's interesting. Up, Yeah, we were Okay, how do you guys feel about this? This happened to me on my last flight. Sit next to this woman who is on television. She couldn't have been lovelier. I watched her for years on television. All miss her name. Don't think she probably wants to be saying, not that she'd care. Actually, she like, it couldn't have been lovelier. Like the second I sat down, I was like, oh, I know who she is, and she like we just started chatting.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, she's on the isle at I'm window. Well, she had told me even before the flight takes off. She's like and this was Atlanta to LA four and a half hour flight. She's like, oh, the second the flight takes off, I'm out, and I'm like, oh, yeah, I usually fall asleep on planes. She was an early morning flight, so I'm thinking, no big deal, we're both going to fall asleep for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: I am wide awake.
Speaker 1: I have to pee every five seconds, and now I have not discussed with her the protocol on can I come over you to go in the bathroom because I'm thinking I'm going to be sleeping the whole time.
Speaker 3: So now I'm doing.
Speaker 1: The straddle move and I feel like, as a former hurdler, my ability to get up and over the legs is pretty good. But now I'm looking around and other people are like, this call is really taking liberties. And if this woman woke up, I am giving a full lap dance and like she probably because she was so lovely, wouldn't care. But everyone around me is looking like what are we doing? And I couldn't help it.
Speaker 2: I had to pee constantly, and it's almost like you have to stand up on the arm rest to step down, like there's a whole circus.
Speaker 3: So lay situation.
Speaker 1: I don't want to wake her eye because she was exhausted. This woman has like ten jobs, and I'm all I could think about because I'd.
Speaker 3: Be furious close.
Speaker 1: Be furious if this if anyone woke me up and I'm sleeping and you're waking up to straddle me to go to the bathroom, Like how much are we drinking? Stop ordering the coffee in the water, lady, No cut her off?
Speaker 3: So yeah, what do we do? I had to do. I mean I had to do it.
Speaker 1: I have a chronic uti situation. I can't be holding this. You know that what is going to be my excuse when she woke up? Sorry, I have a medical condition. So have you guys had to do that before and like climb over someone and it's not good.
Speaker 2: It's why I've stopped doing window seats because I have to pee so much, and I want to try to be you know, fresh and hydrated when I get off the plane, because I also know we're going to go out our crew and have some cocktails.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had someone try to come like step over you when you woke up? People just wake me up and they don't care. Excuse me, I actually should have woke her up. Okay, yeah, all right, Well that's what that's the I mean, it seems like you were successful in it, Like she didn't wake up.
Speaker 3: Oh no, she didn't.
Speaker 2: Wait then.
Speaker 4: Then, Yeah, I don't think there's any issue.
Speaker 3: I just felt rude. I felt rude. I was like, oh, there's a lot.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's obviously a lose lose situation, right because you're feeling like you're going to be rude and inconveniencing her by waking her up every five minutes. So that's not great. But I think you found a way to thread the needle and find a win there by getting pulling off the gymnastics. And she never woke up.
Speaker 1: And we're not talking about her spiral, ladies and gentlemen, we are talking about her bathroom dismount. Thread that needle, and with that, I feel like we've really thread the needle on this show.
Speaker 3: You know, right, where are we timing White?
Speaker 4: We are at about thirty six minutes right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's I have to go brush my hair, no, I want who am I kidding?
Speaker 3: I gotta go back and go laminate my eye gress.
Speaker 1: I love you, Brian, we love you, and you guys please please please send us d MS or comment on the clips or anything that of what you want us to talk about on our live show, main night.
Speaker 3: It's right around the corner. What are we going to talk about?
Speaker 4: It's time.
Speaker 3: It's time for clean, for clean, It's time for clean. No more monkey, you clean up your ship.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.