Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three thirty four, Episode four of Dirt Daily. Guys. Yeah, that's a production b iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. And it is Thursday, April eighteenth, twenty twenty four. Yeah, hey man, yeah, hey, okay, I got it right.
Speaker 2: Today it's National Exercise Day is get to Know your Customer's Day, third Thursday of each quarter. Actually, according to this Business Association, National Education and Sharing Day, National Hey shout out animal crackers. You know, I'm fuck with the animals. Crack National high five Day, National Poem in your Pocket Day, National column this day, unless you're writing some weird ass status quo. Support Ship and National Alignment Appreciation Day, shout out to the people that keep the electricity flowing so we can deliver such digital goods as this.
Speaker 1: What was the poeming or pocket thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, It's a National Poem in your Pocket Day?
Speaker 4: All right, you got a poem in your pocket or you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are you just really depressed?
Speaker 1: It just sounds like for someone to start a really annoying conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a shares the way poetry brings joy simply by carrying one in your pocket. When you share the poem, you'll bring joy to others.
Speaker 4: Just by carrying it. You don't even have to read it.
Speaker 2: I think maybe because, like to Jack's point, maybe it's like a bad conversation starting. But hey, you know what I got in my pocket?
Speaker 1: Oh hey, happy poem in your pocket?
Speaker 2: Then if you're not doing the thing from it from Black Sheep or David Spaders like, hey, I got some in my pocket here for you. Hold on, let me get it. And you just give them the fucking finger in your pocket and it goes fuck you like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's no way to treat Robert Frost.
Speaker 1: No, you could start small fire in your mama's panties.
Speaker 2: Exactly, young man, I will rip your head off and spike it onto the floors of a nightmare. You couldn't imagine a lot of good ones us.
Speaker 1: Lines from Black Sheep, Wow, shout out to that man.
Speaker 4: My name am she I Sorry, I'm sorry. I suddenly am like thirteen years old, because that's when I knew all of the lines to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I only saw that one once.
Speaker 2: Sorry to break like She.
Speaker 4: Follow up to Tommy Boy, Tommy Boys the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tommy Boy was the one that was.
Speaker 4: That I actually was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're still thirteen at heart. Thank you for being on with us.
Speaker 2: I know. My doctor just said I had the heart of a thirteen year old. That's really good. That's a condition. Well, I guess for the size of my body. Maybe not.
Speaker 4: Were you going to him about like pre ejaculation or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can't stop these damn wet dreams, these we dreams, sir. It happened when I'm date dreaming us.
Speaker 4: Christ Well, you've got the heart of a thirteen year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a thirteen year old who huffs glue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. Anyway, anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Akay, once upon a time he talks so fine through the bums of dime Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 2: Didn't you.
Speaker 1: That is a courtesy of Panoramic View on the discord Love a Panoramic View, AKA that just plugs plugs our name in to one line. But also I'm just getting I'm getting psyched to see uh Chalo may Dylan. I think it's that era, you know, when Bob Dylan, What if Bob Dylan always looked like a little boy and not.
Speaker 2: Just for like the first time thirteen year old.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, speaking of I completely did.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're a fan.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe I'll save that, I'll say it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'll have that ferted. Although I can't I can't get over him being looking like a little boy. I do wonder will he always look like a little boy. There's been a couple There's Doom two and I just watched Don't Look Up, and in both films I was like, I can't get over the fact that this is a child like he looks eleven years old and is supposed to be like the love interest.
Speaker 4: Of thinks on what you go for?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know both ways.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled to be joined, as always by my co host mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 2: Miles Gray, still jetlag but here holding down aka.
Speaker 5: Crawling out of the earth. Circado's got so messy it is. The prime is here and the time is right for fucking in the streets.
Speaker 2: All right, shout out again anoramic view. Great to have you in the trees. The same with the prolific pace. Shout out, yeah, got it man. The cicadas can't wait till they cause zombie fuck Mgeddon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think it's happening in La, so it's like gang from other parts of from Sicata, Cicada, Nash. Yeah, let us know when it hits Miles. We are thrilled, blessed to be joined in our third by a brilliant comedian, writer, journalist, activist you know from places like Al Jazeera, MSNBC, the Young Turks from the podcast Habituation Room, Yeah, and Piers Morgan. It's branches. I don't have a song.
Speaker 4: I'm tired of singing. I sing all day long to my kid, who just wants me to do different versions. And then like every every time I try to sing and she doesn't like that, she's like no, like fuck it thing, and then I have to do that. I have to guess which song she likes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's The kids are assholes, man, they're adorable assholes. My kids have been roasting me for being in love with my wife.
Speaker 6: You love mommy? Oh my god, do you love mommy so much? That's so funny human, Like, no, I do. That's what I That's how I play it. I play it like.
Speaker 1: And like embarrassed about you rush that they just found out about you love mommy, like I know I want to kiss her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be like, oh, okay, experiment do you want to do you want to live in a house where I don't love mommy because that the vibes will shifty when you bring.
Speaker 1: Your friend's parents over and we'll talk to them. Yeah, but your daughter is a beautiful creature. What wonderful? You know the word to be? It's weird singing singing to her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, she's she's adorable. And yeah, she when she wants me to sink, she'll move her head like that, like come on.
Speaker 2: To something. Yeah. And so tall, she's like six three already.
Speaker 4: She is incredibly tall. She's two year old tall, she's eighteen months.
Speaker 2: But we were just hanging out her master and I was just hanging out with man. Francs Yo. Who's Who's that Francesca's older sister.
Speaker 1: That's the baby day Okay?
Speaker 2: All right, Oh my god, I don't know where the I don't know where the height genes come from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. All right, Francesca, we aren't gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about, we're gonna talk about just more things we're learning. So we've already learned that Donald Trump is not sleeping well at night from his first two days of criminal trial, the guy running for presidents on criminal trial. We've also learned a new piece of information that he has an emotional support aid who carries around a printer. And this is truly, this is like he's really exploring the studio space of like being a dictator. Like this feels, you know, like he's really.
Speaker 2: You hear about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: I get it. If it was like like someone who just holds a leg a proshudo that I could just sort of eat off of, like that's more king, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah, but a printer. Yeah, well, we'll.
Speaker 1: Talk about why what's being printed. We're gonna talk about NPR is apparently two woke, yell yeah, dude, that's their main problem, just two woke. So talk about that. We'll talk about streamings out. It's all about fast now as fast as an acronym, and what the fuck is anyone even talking about? At this point, we might even get to the miss Ai beauty pageant, a true sign that the world has come doing in all of that plenty more. But first, Francesca, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are? I just had it.
Speaker 4: I got so okay, I look up My search history is basically how many Palestinians have been murdered by Israel, like running toll.
Speaker 1: And or.
Speaker 4: Indoor jungle gyms for baby, like Visa. It's just that so recently, I'm trying to take baby to get close to animals, and so I'm looking up animal sanctuaries or petting zoos. But I don't want it to be like the sad Halloween hay ride petting zoo where the animals are like overheated, and You're like, I think I need to call somebody.
Speaker 2: On the yeah.
Speaker 4: And so I'm like trying to find like a cute little outing where she can interact with bunnies and animals. And it's in the irony that is raising a child in an era of the sixth mass extinction, and you realize, like we educate kids so much more on like animals than we do on humans, Like humans are boring animals. Hey, they make sounds, you know, all these different sounds no human goes by. Yeah, so that's what I've been looking at.
Speaker 1: They are really interesting animals. Like I feel like I got a new appreciation for how interesting animals are when I had kids and like saw animals again with fresh eyes through their eyes, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah, I saw flamingo the other day and I tripped out, yeah, just to show my flamingo. And then I'm like, what the fuck does this stand on one And then I started answering my own questions like with that, Yeah, they're interesting.
Speaker 1: Do I do this stand on one leg?
Speaker 2: Energy?
Speaker 1: Conserve energy?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Because they're so light, that's just crazy. Like birds are made of like straw bones. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what we should be using to replace the straws.
Speaker 2: I just may not to be honest, I just made that up. If that's true.
Speaker 1: Conserve energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe they're day warm or maybe because it's just comfortable. That is the least satisfying answer from Smithsonian Magazine.
Speaker 1: Maybe you shouldn't ask so many questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you should fuck up enjoy the birds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're there's just like other like people out there, the different species and like but have personalities and like like to play and ship.
Speaker 4: It's so weird to see like a bunny and be like, oh, bunnies are not cuddly at all. They are like the least cuddly. They're so soft, and yet they do not want to be touched or held.
Speaker 2: That's the beginning, Like, that's when a child loses their innocence when you like the cuddly things you see and you're like, dude, that was the hardest fucking thing to even approach to pet man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then I was thinking about it, and this is crazy, but I think all animals have different personalities. And I know when I say animals, people like, yeah, my dog is personality, my.
Speaker 2: Cat, but that species every yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Different bunnies of different personalities, different birds of different personalities. They're all different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at us, look at us.
Speaker 1: Just such a turn into such an old bird. Guy. I'm just like like in my backyard this morning and like a goose overhead and I was just like a goose, damn goose, and like yeah, I like heard a goose like fly overhead and was like doing the I love that, you know, and I was just like, damn, there they go.
Speaker 4: You sip your coffee sip my coffee, flyve free my friend.
Speaker 1: What's something you think is under in Francesca.
Speaker 4: The new Shakira album. I don't know anyone's had a chance to hear it. I love it Las monerez yao yoran, and it's not in There's no English songs, so it's great. I do not like Shakira singing in English. There's very limited yallo.
Speaker 2: There is there that the trademark throat, you know, sort of Shakiri that's how she.
Speaker 4: Sings, but isn't there's not a lot of like leaning into the yallow. Apparently now she's like a little embarrassed about it. But it's really good. There's there's some tracks that are like a little too heavy riggaeton two Carol G. I like Carol G, but I'm like, I don't need Shakira to be Carol G. And I love like some of the tracks that are just classic pop like Latino pop, pop rock, Latino or pop whatever the hell you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 4: It's a really really good album.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I like it. What's that was it? The album mean was like women who don't.
Speaker 4: Cry, Women no longer cry, women no longer cry and the song with Carol g is called t QG, which means and in the world, like if you're saying that to a man like the Geloan, it means like, I'm too big for you, you know, just like as a person as of this relationship, like you've got a ceiling, I'm bigger than you. But also probably my vagina is huge. Giants g, I'm too big for you. But I love that, like and so to say that to Piku, which is all a little bit shade on Pique, which we all knew that Pik was like not first of all, not that hot and like really Sakira, okay that long anyway.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the time, you know, because Barcelona was doing Soccer Star. Yes, yeah, he's a Spanish defender, but yeah, like at the time because Barcelo, it was like at the heyday of Barcelona doing so well, it was like damn, he was like no, he can't lose. And then you heard all those stories about how like his dad was like kicking them out of the house and ship like when they were starting to separate, You're like, yo, they.
Speaker 1: Were like trying to make me out in the basement and the dad was like get out of here.
Speaker 2: No. It was like, oh, you want to divorce my son, get you and my grandkids? Fucking beat it? Oh okay, yeah, sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tempo siverte, tempo seeing verte. Look that up, listen to it.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 1: Okay. I like time without green, of course, you know, and I always say that time. Yeah, I'm probably mis pronouncing that.
Speaker 4: I do love not verday, not seeing Verde, see Verde without seeing kay, okay, time without.
Speaker 1: Seeing you, and time without seeing it was also something I say, all the team, all the team, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: I feel like Matt Leib's probably done this one before. I just asked them if he had. But I do think the state of Israel, oh, at this point, this point on it a little overrated. I mean, has every right to exist, but in its current iteration, in this current form, that's so good. No, not so good. Not really a democracy when you are deliberately controlling the population to demographically give Jews a majority, not a not a democracy in that case. If you're occupying different territories and you're subjecting people to apartheid and you can't drive on the same roads as you and whatnot. So yeah, it's uh, it's I saw this the other day apparently, of course, because everything is anti semitic if you criticize Israel, but we need to make Israel was real, and I was like, that's the realest thing I ever heard. Making Israel was real. Now Israel can stay the same, it could be the same name. But I do think there needs to be full citizenships or Palestinians, and I believe in a one state solution. I think that is just physically the only thing that's possible now, and I think it's the safest. I think everyone needs to be together, working for the same thing, living in existing. Basically, I'm a coexist bumper sticker on a little beetle.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, it's interesting to see like like op eds come out of the Atlantic that are sort of like, we need peace in Israel, and it's like if people can drop there's zero some game approach to this. I'm like, is this Israel included? Right? Because I see it like there's so much of it. Yeah, that is so like, especially the way the news is described here, it sort of makes it be like yeah, and then Hamas just basically said they don't want anything to do with like any kind of ceasefire. Or is it that they're trying to actually say, these are the terms in which we need to agree on. And because you know Israel is very rigid and they're negotiating, I guess it's not even negotiating. It's just more like, no, this is this is.
Speaker 4: Exactly you give all the hostages. Oh no, we're gonna keep killing. We're gonna bomb a playground which they just did the other day and kill the eleven kids. I mean, it's totally it's untenable. It's untenable for Israelis, it's obviously untenable for Palestinians. But yeah, I love the like there's more we're gonna talk about in PR but I love that there's more nuance here.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: What is can we can we stop being so yeah, uh draconian or beholden to our belief like no, man, you could stop the occupation is what's to happen.
Speaker 2: Also strikes me it's so odd when I see people who I'm like, how do you I mean, like you do look at the internet right, like or do you avoid any footage of what has happened in Gaza and you're operating merely from like text descriptions because I don't know how anyone you know, you look at I mean, that's myself included when you see like image after image of just the carnage, especially.
Speaker 1: Involving children, children and just people in general.
Speaker 2: But like also you know, like there's an added layer of empathy as a parent that you see and you try and put yourself in that position, like dude, I would fucking crump, Like how how how how how how how?
Speaker 4: No, it's they are insulated from that, and and or what they've told themselves is that it's a price worth paying. And that's sorry, but forty thousands, mostly civilians.
Speaker 2: Need to die, right, And then I'm always like, what what happens when you are someone who is going to be in need of that kind of empathy and sympathy from the rest of the world. But what what happens then? And that's how you kind of you have to sort of keep that in mind to be able to be like, no, all people deserve this level of respect, because a second we start saying, well, not this group, then you're opening the door for yourself to eventually be included in that group. When the world goes, well, not that.
Speaker 4: Group, because neces the scariest thing about this whole thing. I was about to interview Rocana for my show and I hope to representative Kana, and what I want to ask him is his supportive norandum Modi right? And in India and the you know the threat of Hindu nationalism. Hindu nationalists have talked about wanting to do genocide against you know, religious minorities, specifically Muslims, Christians, whatnot. You know, this is a green light to future genocide because if an American ally and Mody is an ally like it or not right because economically, how could we ever not? And that's Rokana and other semi progressive that's their cover for cozying up to Modi. Well, what if Mody wants to do a genocide. He's already been responsible for some massacres. What if he wants It's like, what is to prevent us? Well, we got to stand with him, always nuclear armed or we're you know, we support them. It's just like it's it is so sick, and it is it gets just even worse from here unless we stop it here that Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: I thought we were at a turning point or at a turning turning point, sir, turning you we were turning point, yeah point yeah right, alt. Yeah, I don't I don't know. I don't know. Tomatoes, Jack, would you say alta beauty shop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's where I get my concealer.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll talk about his opponent, the other option, the option behind door B. We are a lucky nation. We'll be right back, and we're back. And the other guy, uh in. The other guy is on criminal trial for, you know, doing breaking the law when he ran for president the first time with campaign finance stuff. Seems very quaint. Had we known at the time what he was doing, it would have not seen everybody be.
Speaker 2: Like wait, what what No, that's what, right, But he did a good job leading with racism, so people were like, I can get behind that.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, yeah yeah. But one of the odd detail to emerge from his New York criminal trial is that he has a specific aid, former one American news anchor, Natalie Harp, whose job is to follow him around with a laptop and printer to provide him quote ongoing stream of good news from the internet. In the form of quote uplifting news articles, online posts, or other materials for it.
Speaker 4: Well, is this like, is this like you know this baby Tiger and baby Goose became best friends.
Speaker 1: It might it's just positive things about.
Speaker 2: Him or about him, right, I think it's gotta be like that.
Speaker 1: He doesn't give a fuck about baby Tigers.
Speaker 2: Right, yes he he. If he did, though, I bet his campaign is fucking up because you'd probably grab one of these independents. He'd be like, well he loves baby tigers, right, yeah, all that bad? But yeah, the an ongoing stream like what the fuck? Like it's like snacks for a fucking time. Yeah, it's narcissism snacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, yeah, is this because he is not allowed to have a phone. I'm assuming in the trial like and stare down at the phone. Otherwise he would be absolutely live true truth thing. What do you just call it on TDZ?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what we call Kirkland signature Twitter.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: But I know it's not just because of the trial. They said the former reality TV hosts a couple or no, sorry, they this person harp woul accompany, the former reality TV host on golf trips in a cart quote equipped with the laptop and sometimes a printer to show him uplifting news articles. So even like would carry a wireless printer. So it doesn't even matter if you're on trial, you on the greens, the links or whatever you call this shit. It's their news. So he doesn't like.
Speaker 1: Really like when he's tweeting or like doing any of that shit. Somebody else is doing that for him. He just like doesn't have a device.
Speaker 2: Well I'm sure he does sometimes, but it's clear like obviously during the trial, his account was still posting on truth so and I don't I don't count on him to be like, let me schedule these truths so they can refired off while ividence.
Speaker 4: And he's it kind of explains he's been like firing off like old poles like random, like, way, look at how much I beat Nikky haley By. It's like that's like months ago. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I cocooned in a like just wreathed by a pile of like eight and a half by eleven pieces of white paper like matrix dot printed art.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like how Alex Jones has everything laid out in front of him, you know, and it's like, oh, here's one about how my dick's real big, you know, yeah, here's one about ham a really nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: The fragility, right, yeah, this is like if any of us have Google searches on our names. You know, you know who you are a This is like that, but times one hundred and you were the president and people somehow still idolize you. But I think deep down this is like he knows that he is a massive piece of shit, like in just in there somewhere, it's like you are trash, your garbage, and you know that.
Speaker 1: I think at the most basic level, right like that, I feel like that's where a sucking need to constantly be told you're great or tell yourself you're great. Yeah, like it has to come from at some basic level, a sucking hole of like, guy, I fucking suck. This is terrible.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, when your dad was a guy who looks like he looked at the Arc of the Covenant for just live just enough to stay out to Yeah, yeah, it probably feels you the thing He's like you you're shit bottled, you know what I mean? And I bet now he needs little coloring books or what ever to lift him up my question, h Francesca, because you've you know, you've been on TV, you've you've read the news. Do you think going from a one American news anchor to human printer is a demotion or promotion?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because I used dealing with the performer presidents, I guess because One American.
Speaker 1: News like a nineteen ninety eight medieval surf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how many. It depends on how heavy the printer is. Yeah, they got those like swim Little Epsen's. But if it's like a big you know that's going to be difficult on the back. I think it's a lateral move for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got you.
Speaker 4: But he is like, oh god, I'm blanking on his name now from veep right, Like he's the like yeah, yeah, he's the right hand like vis ego, yes, the fluffer right, or she's the.
Speaker 1: Fluffer ego fluffer, yeah, the ego fluffer.
Speaker 4: But also like I'm really curious about how cute she is because if she's not a ten, I'm like, you know, like, why is she she must be like a seven? Because if she were at ten, she'd be like out in front speaking for him, but only the sevens, Like I will print something for you because I am. Yeah, there we go see a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah she she looks like a normal person, yeah right, yeah, she.
Speaker 4: Looks like she looked like a weaponized the Brats doll like Alina Haba.
Speaker 2: Right right, exactly exactly. She looks like, uh, what's her face? That used to be on the Blaze, the blonde lady who would shriek all the time, the racist to one Tommy Laren, Yeah, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what happened to her?
Speaker 4: What's around?
Speaker 2: She's on Fox? Just not yeah? I mean, you know, her stock definitely crashed.
Speaker 1: Damn you hate to see it.
Speaker 2: You really she's still in LA because I remember people were seeing her in l A and just like blewing the fuck out of her wherever they whenever.
Speaker 4: She I don't know if she's here, but she I think she's just got a better contract, meaning she's got better money, probably does less appearances and doesn't have to get like I don't know. I think it's probably in a better place, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah somehow, Yeah, No, for sure, it's.
Speaker 4: She's like if ah, she's like if Chaia w reitchick, you know what I'm saying. If Chia Wrightchick got like an actual cushy job. You wouldn't have to hear as much from Chia Wright chick. She wouldn't be trying to call in bomb threats and ship because she'd be like, legit.
Speaker 2: I don't call them, man, I encourage others to do it right, exactly, Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about NPR. There was a ship storm earlier, I guess was last week into this week, after one of its former editors wrote an op ed for Barry Weiss on her like free press bullshit thing, just talking about how NPR like so woke now you can't can't say anything on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no wonder, no wonder, America has lost trust down the tubes. The listeners aren't even listening. Yeah, I know. His main complaints in his op ed sort of centered around how Trump was being covered the stories of stories about Russian collusion, which yeah, I mean, I mean, I think a lot of media could have maybe done less about that, but hey, at the time, it was like, where the fuck is this going? Maybe it feels bad because it's such a letdown. Then also saying not reporting enough on Hunter Biden's laptop and the fact that they didn't breathlessly report on how COVID came from a Chinese lab. So all of those things, like it's all and they all just fell apart. Then he also felt that this that NPR became too devoted to diversity, and that's suddenly that like marginalized groups had to say and how stories were covered or what what terminology to use, or that he was made to take bias sensitivity training and stuff like that. But I think you know the problem at NPR is not wokeness or being overly progressive. It's look, they've been hit with multiple lawsuits from former employees alleging racial discrimination. So I don't think it's quite quite the maybe environment that you think it is. But and then also there was there reporting essentially blows down to like liberal leaning status quo. Yeah, yes, it's not like you're not breaking the meter for progressive ideals or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Quite the opposite. NPR is notorious for actually retaliating against any staffer who would go to like any protest demonstration for being biased. Right, So that's one thing which you know, you can think a couple of ways about that, but like it's a massive organization, people are allowed to not represent your company. And also express their First Amendment right, they shouldn't be retaliated against at work. And secondly, I think we remember when the documents, the Biden documents scandal came out. NPR covered it exactly and equally as if it were as bad as Trump taking home fucking souvenirs, you know, to do show and tell at Ma a lat go and trade for favors that he kept in a fucking bathroom. And they're like, well, isn't this how different is this than what President Trump did? You know, isn't this the same? It's like, no, it's not the same at all, because Biden didn't know about them one and number two, he wasn't asked for them back for months and months and months. So it's so funny. And PR covers things too evenly to a fault, right, like they they might be objective, but they're not actually being honest.
Speaker 1: Trade Yeah, yeah, yeah, And yeah, I think objective is a fucking very loose and opportunistic term in their case that allows them to also be like one of the worst offenders when it comes to just quoting the police when it comes to any story about criminal justice. Sure, and yeah, woke sources like the police yeah, yeah, I guess the.
Speaker 4: Word is fair, like they say fair like fairness both sides and thiss. I know people have worked on NPR and PBS because they're they're guilty of it too. On pro that they're like, we're going to dig into like you know, medicare right and really expose medicare, especially like the scams and how seniors are getting you know, whittled down da da da da da. And then they get told by their editors like this is an amazing piece of investigative work that you spent months on. Can you give us the big pharma side of the story, And they'll be asked to straight up incorporate some fucking spokesperson into their piece. So like that's what I mean by this, like fairness but not actually honest.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 1: And you get their values just by if you listen to MPR, like every hour on the hour, they're checking in with the markets, you know, like you ever notice like how upset with the stock markets and just like it it really they they just want to be adults, like that is their whole thing is like, well we're serious and we're adults here, and like their whole sense of humor is just like shitty old person.
Speaker 2: Like profess be funny, but the professional man, the professional objective. I mean, look, there's this one excerpt from a former editor. Because a lot of people started, you know, giving their own stories about what it was like to work at MPR and with the sort of same thing. It's like, the problem is not wokeness, it's the both sides the shit. This is an excerpt from the newsrooms. This is a look into the newsroom during the twenty sixteen election. Quote. I remember one editorial meeting where a white newsroom leader said that Trump's strong pole numbers wouldn't survive his being exposed as a racist. When a journalist of color asked whether his numbers could be rising because of his racism, the comment was met with silence. In another meeting, I and a couple of other editorial leaders were encouraged to make sure that any coverage of a Trump lie was matched with a story about a lie from Hillary Clinton. Another colleague asked what to do if one candidate just lied more than the other. Another silent response, Yeah, so stupid question, man, Why are you asking that?
Speaker 1: We don't care about that. We just care about the appearance that we being fair and can't be accused of having right.
Speaker 4: Here's what I will say about this guy's like, the reason he's been triggered is because there are a number of poc led shows that do feel a little bit like explaining why something that isn't problematic is problematic to a white liberal like it is it is the it is a little bit sort of yes, smug and scoldie that even me, who like I am a lefty, But I will listen to NPR sometimes and I'm like, yo, maga, you know what I'm saying, Like, I get it because it's obnoxious. There's something obnoxious about it. It's it's identity politics. Sometimes, I'm not saying all times that can be stripped of the power dynamics, the radicalness what makes identity politics tight started by black feminists. But but this person is seeing a couple of shows which represents a more diverse perspective and suddenly thinks that, like we've all gone woke. When I am assuming that those lawsuits are because the people actually making decisions about which shows get green lit, which shows get renewed, who are the hosts? Those people are probably all white people?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, sure, And yeah, I think this just it feels like one of those things too, where they like when when they're complaints like we aren't talking enough about the Biden crime family or Hunter's dick, like and you wrote it, and it's like I get it.
Speaker 1: Those are his pieces of evidence of like stories that got away that like the MPR didn't cover enough, like those are your showing stories.
Speaker 4: And and and the reality is that they do like they do cover them. Look, we're in the midst of like, no one's actually covering the fact that like the impeachment inquiry is based on nothing. It's based on absolutely fucking nothing. Where's the round clock coverage of that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: And then you know, because MPR is the it is the tip of the why don't we listen to the racist spear in media? They are the ones who are like they were the probably the first ones after twenty sixteen of like maybe we just need to reach across the aisle and like hold hands with the clan, you know, like that's like, why what are we getting about? You know, working class white people, which is a continued myth about the Trump voter who is not working class. They are very much middle to upper class business owners got them PvP loans, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Taking jets to the Capitol on January sixth, like yeah, we see one million per yeah yeah, And I mean, like there is there's something too talking about just sort of like the post summer of twenty twenty diversity initiatives that were going around that did or didn't like and what they did or didn't achieve, but not in the way that this like aggrieved dude is doing it, and like in it's just like yeah, come on, but hey anyway, but.
Speaker 4: That's something, you know, it's it's again the reaction to DEI, the reaction to when any black or brown person gets any kind of inection a show for anything. It's like, the answer isn't less fewer DEI programs. The answer isn't fewer. Like that's where corporate media is headed now. It's like, well, I guess we should just do fewer things. Well we already have a black Like that's where everyone's now going. But the answer is, actually, we need to radically reshape, right, all of these industries. We need to reshape, you know, if it's like affirmative action, we need to reshape all of higher education. What about you know, let's talk about real reparations. Now, let's talk about a third reconstruction. Let's talk about Medicare for all is let's do universal programs that are far more radical that will, by the way, help black and brown people and working people more than anyone else. Like the answer isn't to recoil. But so we're in this like we're in this backlash moment, but it's a backlash to some shit that was already like to surface, like it wasn't actually get into the heart of what we need to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see when Charlemagne was going off on in the Daily Show, like one of the worst pieces I had seen, talking about like what is DEI even and you're like the thrust of it was coming off like a Fox News piece rather than what the real substance of those criticisms is is that too many plays ninety nine point of businesses took DEI as just a box they had to tick, that was it, and or like, hey, we've got the classes done, rather than like to your point, talking about real systemic overhaul, like actually getting to what is causing all this and not be like, oh man, it's that we didn't have classes about microaggressions that will rop the micro right.
Speaker 1: We put it on you to learn. It's your fault, you're you need to do the learning, and we're not going to make any changes.
Speaker 4: And it's been I've been covering this a little bit because Stephen Miller is like he's got his America first fucking law firm that's going to defend white people from so called anti white racism, and they like actually having success, like getting federal funds removed from like specifically to help out black farmers, like real shit, like real, real fucked up shit, which makes me it's like, what do we do. We have to fight to defend these programs, but also we can't have anything nice because white people will always think it's a hit against them, that they're always that they're losing out. So it's like, how do we have programs that are universal so you get buy in from the racist, but that they stealth actually help out people of color?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like exactly, Like that's yeah, that's how it has to be done, so like elegantly and in this way where it's like it's like you're trying to put a like a shark to sleep or something, you know, Yeah, just touch that weird spot on their head and then let the fucking equity flow and then they don't realize. But it's wait, why do they get it? Because we still it's always why do they get it? And it's like, yes, there's no. It never starts with an actual uh self assessment or realization or ability to say, I understand what the advantages are, So someone who needs to be lifted out of poverty, I understand why I am not living in poverty. That's yes, but you can't. They can't seem to cross that river intellectual.
Speaker 4: And that's really because this has got real deep. But that's really because we haven't had that, you know, as William, Reverend William Barber the Third always talks about that third reconstruction, that full coming to Jesus more about slavery and Jim Crow in this country, like we still don't and we're so scared of that conversation.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, let's take a quick break because I can't wait to find out what fast is. I'm sure we planted that seat at the top of the show and everyone's like, what's fast? What does it? What does it mean? Does it change the future landscape of digital media? So we'll be right back, and we're back and and yeah, streaming is is out. All the streamers they tried, they got beat by Netflix. They're all given their content back to Netflix.
Speaker 4: Yeah, private equity firms, private equity from them.
Speaker 2: They all tried. You know, they said they thought all these all these companies out. The future of entertainment was the unsustainable business model that is streaming. And look at us now. But yeah, I mean, like we've talked about how streaming apps just flooded our attention spans, like more shows than like we know what to do with, and it's to the point where I'm so overwhelmed I can barely keep up. So I've basically gone inert. I'm like watching shit from the nineties because I'm like, yeah, dude, there's a what, there's a there's a there's a Samurai anime, there's a Samurai show, there's a future Samurai show, but not that one, the other one. I'm like, there's too many things. A similar thing happened to me with all the fucking Marvel movies, Like there were just too many too soon, and I had to get off the train after like Iron Man three. But many other consumers I think feel the same way, it seems, especially when you consider how a new category that has emerged fast free ads supported streaming TV. Those are places like two B and free V. They're basically what old traditional TV channels used to be, like always on with ads here and there, and you can basically just like watch whatever's on, no rewinding or anything like that. These services are getting more watch time than peacock is or max is or Paramount Plus at this point. And it turns out what we're just back to fucking TV channels like where you have no control. And now Disney has realized this, and based on reports, they are also in like they're revamped Disney Plus app that's going to be coming out. They are going to be putting on these like always.
Speaker 1: On, change free.
Speaker 2: I guess, for lack of a better word, Disney channels like love well, I kind of love that. Yeah, I mean I watch episodes of old reruns of Avonlea, that old weird piece The Man. There's a lot of weird shows I used to watch on there.
Speaker 1: So it is linear, like you you don't get to choose what you watch and then have ads like stream during the watching it. It's actually like you just click on an app and see what they are streaming.
Speaker 2: It'll be like the Pixar channel and you might just you might have come in on the middle of Toy Story four, you know what I mean. Or the ads like there'll be breaks, yeah, interspersed potentially. Yeah, like that part isn't clear, but when you see that on these other you know, these other versions. Yeah, there's definitely some ads that they just used to kind of punctuate the stuff too, or like there's like a pre roll ad or stuff like that. So just like, wow, to me that like we're basically back at fucking Lindy here TV channels, like the future was the past.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't wait, wait innovate, put my kids into our own assholes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my kids like can't even understand the concept of linear like of like catching something that is on and not being able to like stop it and just like save it for later or start from the beginning or you know.
Speaker 4: Like PO was actually pretty tight. Guys. I never had one, but I when it came out, I was great.
Speaker 2: The amount of COPS that I had on my DVR. I am ashamed to say, because yeah, because I knew there were some good ones there were like ones that for me had such comedic value that I'm like, yo, you have to watch this one. This person like was drunk as hell, tried to run back to their apartment and pretend to be sleep, and then their roommates like the cops came and their roommate was like, oh, yeah, she just came in and she was like the girls again in her friend She's like, fool, why are you lying? Full, And her roommate was like full, just hit her with one fool like this yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: The entire conversation of them just yeah, back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's still a cab all day. But anyway, but I think of it like this too, because like with my son getting like you know, not definitely not like to TV watching age, but I'm like part of me wants to be like I don't want him to know, like in the house that we have like on demand kind of content, like I grew up with like having like my four VHS tapes and I was at the mercy of whatever the fuck was on because I feel like with on demand, like it narrows the scope of what you actually interact with if it's always going to be like whatever you're interested in, and I don't think that's bad. But I also developed like weird niche TV interests because I was like, well, what else is on? And that's why I started fucking with like the History Channel, and I think eventually honestly led me to wanting to be more interested in history, even though it wasn't even what I was looking for was teenage mutant ninja turtles.
Speaker 4: Well, I think there's I think there's I'm super fascinated by that. Like, first of all, I do look, I hate sitting there. I'll do this, especially when I'm alone. I'll be like, all right, I'm just gonna find some to watch, and it no, it takes me like fifteen twenty minutes, and I'm just like fine, I just want a documentary and just get all the documentaries in one place, and I just end up watching more Daine. But like you know, and then, but you know, there is something nice to flipping and seeing if you want to stop, and then being done with it. And but I agree with you that like being able to have all of the entertainment at your fingertips, there is no quality control nor limit, especially if you're young. It is just oh you it is endless. Yeah, there is no like bump bottom bump bump bum sesame streets over, you know, and you're like, fuck, now I gotta watch McNeil era news like like which in my day and like all right, there were like Saturday morning cartoons ends, you know, and now suddenly I'm watching you know.
Speaker 2: Or like Jerry Spring or like, yeah, golf would come on suddenly like on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ah damn.
Speaker 4: Then that was your cue to get the fuck out of there, go outside and play, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because like, yeah, We've rang that one dry and now uh on with my day. And I know I sound like I'm getting out of my rocking chair to fucking scream about this, but like at the same time, like I I like, there is like to your point, I think every person can identify this, especially when you're about to sit down to eat, like my food will go fucking cold, trying to figure out what I'm gonna stream versus like in the in the olden days, you just put I'm like man, Comedy Central. Man, I'm bang with whatever's gonna be on Comedy Central.
Speaker 4: So there's two types of people though, And my husband Matt and I are the two times I am impatient and I don't care about watching anything enough. I am hungry, so I will literally finish my meal or even minutes into whatever we're watching, I will keep eating. Matt is the most precious ass cannot he will stop chewing when the commercials come on because it's not entertaining enough. She will stop, and then as soon as the thing starts, then he'll start going. It's like the most I don't know, Jack, what are you are? You are you gonna wait to find that they don't watch.
Speaker 1: I don't watch things well, I try and like do one. He's an adults. I'm so like I just I don't know. I have this concept called mindfulness.
Speaker 4: That I have in my life.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: We just like you with your wife too.
Speaker 1: You're a bit.
Speaker 2: Chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know.
Speaker 1: When sports is on, for sure, I will stand in my kitchen stand and eat while watching the sports, like in the other room. But that's what that's about it, and that that really is sports is the only experience that my kids have with you know, the randomness of live TV. And they fucking look like my six year old is obsessed with at like he just wants to see the at like he runs in when there's a time out, like he runs in and watches. He's like, Yeah, he's the one who the other day asked me why so many people love sky Rizzy the plaquesoriasis medication because he keeps seeing ads for it and NBA basketball games. Dad, why do so many people like sky Rosy? So yeah, So I don't know. It's like they're they're weird. They're like total total, like photographic negatives of what I was like at their age. I also, I like, in talking and thinking about this story, it made me remember how much TV edits of R and PG thirteen rated movies were like a huge part of my childhood, like Jaws. I saw Rambo when I was like five because it was on TV or something, you know, but like it wasn't like it had the good stuff cut out of it.
Speaker 4: But fast is just what is fast?
Speaker 2: It is an acronym, you know. Yeah, it's just a free ad supported TV like so to B, like you know, like the Fox on TV. Yeah, it's just but like those yeah, but like the digital versions like about Amazon Prime or whatever.
Speaker 4: To be right, and what's good about t B and I we'll say, and like some of these other like smaller companies, is that we're as like now Comedy Central during the day or a lot of these networks, they're just playing old the same movies over and over and over again with tons of ads like six minutes of ads or something. Yeah, and they all of course are like timed and whatnot. But like my friend's documentary was on two right, like people like really good Ship again other shows, Yeah, that got de I like watching docs and like often you're just not gonna find some good stuff. And so some things that might have been on Vice or might have been you know, an international thing like those are going to be on the streaming services or not fast services, which I like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that they have to call it that though, to act like there's this there's a new kid in something like tech. Tech world always needs something new. It's like now, man, fucking TV channels. Yep, that's what we're talking about. You know what that is, y'all are y'all were there? Y'all? Were there? TV channels is what we're talking about. That's it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're talking about fast just now technology It is too fast and too furious shit and watch there would be a Fast and Furious TV channel, probably because they got any movies to get you through the day and someone haven't seen a single one, a single Fast.
Speaker 4: I know I haven't seen a single Fast and I have only seen maybe one Marvel.
Speaker 2: Good for you, I mean you're an aanther.
Speaker 1: Also you're an adult, so congratulations.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wait, so what was the experience like like when the first Fast and Furious came out? What were you doing? What was that like ninety nine when the first one came out?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, about to go to no. I was about to graduate high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but I'm not going to going on.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 4: I mean nine to eleven happened, so sorry. I was busy protesting war and ship.
Speaker 2: But yeah, get in your fucking meetings.
Speaker 1: I was protesting against nine to eleven. I was like, I, for one, not a fan, not agree.
Speaker 4: Stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I was watching Loose Chain on a loop into there you go to.
Speaker 1: All right, we should talk about the other new kid in town, and that is miss Ai, a new beauty pageant that is just as dystopian as it sounds. For anyone who ever complained that the Terminator franchise didn't feature enough swim swimsuit competitions that we now have Miss Ai, the world's first AI beauty pageant, where in AI generated models will be judged on looks, poison, answers to questions, and also points for technical skills and social media reach. So it almost sounds like battle bots for like AI programmers. Yes, trying to create like nerves. Yeah, trying to create like a the best battle bot to like get nerds to jack off to and like pay them money.
Speaker 4: Is this is what's so wild about this, Like no industry is safe, not even the industries that are not actually industries, like being a fucking influencer, right, you know? And I look, I was just randomly on Instagram and I saw this blonde chick in like a runner's outfit. Who is this chick? It's like, I love I don't know, I think runners have like runners are the best bodies. Let's be real. It's like, Okay, she's gorgeous, she must be like some kind of Olympian. Nope, she is an AI generated model who has more followers than me and real likely real people in her comments going like oh you're so beautiful, you really I love this one. Ooh night on the town.
Speaker 1: I would like you to take I would like to take you to Dubai and show you a real good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The question is who is following and who is commenting, and who is listening to these AI models, and that is men and as men.
Speaker 1: What I just need to ask you, Come on, how men?
Speaker 4: Why are you the way you are?
Speaker 1: Jesus?
Speaker 2: Because because we're horny? Fuck zombie cicadas, that's right.
Speaker 1: They I think I think there's a mold that has attacked us and created an amphetamine that replaced.
Speaker 2: Our patriarchy where you you don't need to develop any other interests except to demonstrate your horniness on a very consistent level.
Speaker 4: Like that's gotta that's gotta be kind of tight.
Speaker 2: Like that is what's so this story. When I first I was just like whatever.
Speaker 1: Like funk off, Like but you know, like another AI story. This is just like it feels like there's a new story that's just like the latest AI a new movie someone's releasing a movie starring an AI actor, and I'm like, yeah, it'll suck, and like let's move along. But this also like the place that we're actually seeing AI replace people is in like models and influencers, Like there's a whole competitor. So this is being put on. This beauty pageant is being put on by a company that is a competitor to only fans, but that allows people like Ai'm almost to come through and like has had a ton of success doing that. So basically it's the same thing like we we've talked about, like when in looking back at the early days of the Internet, like a lot of the first websites, first communities first, like you know, advances in streaming technology was all around porn, you know, and that like tends to be pornography, and you know, things like that tend to be at the forefront of technological advances.
Speaker 2: Like the reason we don't have HD DVD and we have Blu ray is because of the from Yeah, and this is this.
Speaker 1: It feels like that is where AI is like first making its inroads of like actually convincing people these are real people. So in the world of modeling, like the world I hadn't, like they're people are already like losing tons of jobs in the world of modeling, Like models report like seeing themselves in an ad, but like they've pasted somebody else's nose in there, so that like they're a blend of other people's face like there and like another person's appearance, or you know, there's just one wild story where an influencer was on her honeymoon and like started getting messages being like, yo, you're in this like wild ed ad talking about how your partner has a small has a small member and like has been struggling with ed for years and it was yeah, like somebody had like kind of taken her likeness and you know, blended it enough to have plausible deniability. And yeah, it's no.
Speaker 4: This has happened so fast and exactly and we there are like no breaks on it, and it's terrifying and it it will be replacing I mean a lot of our jobs. I mean, this is the whole thing. It's like, how many hours of content have you guys put out there?
Speaker 2: How would have been seven thousand models right now?
Speaker 4: You could just be listening and it is right listening and then spit out an episode based on I mean, it wouldn't be a good episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would suck.
Speaker 4: They're trying to be like when you guys both had a hangover, Like you know, Jacket a newborn, you.
Speaker 1: Know, was be that kind of hangover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I smoke the chronic It gets me so turned up. Bro it is.
Speaker 1: But you know what, like listeners would know the difference, but like executives might not know the difference. Yeah, executives are gonna be like, oh are you kidney do this is sick.
Speaker 4: It's content at the end of the day. I mean, but I do think, especially especially modeling, that is so sinister.
Speaker 2: Especially when they can do something like, oh, yeah we need to we need to put like a model of color here. Yeah, yeah, let me cook one up. Boom, there it is you. I guess what we don't need. We don't need hair and makeup. We don't need photographers. We don't need the editing of the photos after that.
Speaker 4: We could we could, we could just well that's so interesting. I mean it's like we should have in the writing, damn it, you know. But like, yeah, even even like if you've ever seen like photo retouching, right, photo retouching ultimately actually kind of like kills the photography industry more broadly because when you create a beautiful like it's lighting, right, It's all about lighting, It's all about everything in it, and like, but if you just retouch, you don't need any of that good lighting. Yeah, just fucking enough.
Speaker 2: Information and pixels in here, and I can make I can manipulate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely so, It's but it's a I don't even know what to say anymore. I am like terrified and upset, and I'm just like, when do we get universal basic income?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And or when is this illegal to do?
Speaker 2: Right? I feel like or like there needs to be a serious campaign where like influencers, like human influencers, begin to understand what's at stake for them. They're like, yo, all your shit could go away, yeah, because they will just cook up somebody that looks like you and then start promoting that account and then guess what you might be back it to whatever gig.
Speaker 4: This is the whole thing. It's like, I'm a comedian and all we're supposed to do is put out clips online, clips, clips, clips, non stuff. And when we waive all of our rights to those clips, when we post them on you know, on Instagram, on TikTok and whatnot, so and that shit is just feeding back into some sort of AI machine that people are like speculating on and getting rich off of to put us out of work. Like again, yes, the jokes will be shitty, but like so are all the clips that are online. They're just crowd work of people like h you fuck okay like that right?
Speaker 2: Right? Hey man? What's up? Man? What's your mix? Dude?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Invasion? Right?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I already know what you do for work. Bro, You're an engineer? Right, exactly, Bro, exactly what's your name? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Two of the judges of the contest are already AI model are like AI models that were like aren't real people.
Speaker 4: They they will be doing reality like you know, reality shows will be a bunch of AI like.
Speaker 2: Right, because like I remember, like when Mikayla first came out, you know Mikayla, that purely computer generated influencer like on Instagram. Yeah, like then that was sort of like the beginnings of it. And when that account got bigger and bigger, I was like, oh boy, like we really don't give a flight. People just want to see a robot drinking a green juice on fucking Melrose's. And like a lot of like people were like people were getting hired to write the content. We should just play this clip though of like one of the like one of the proponents and judges, human judges of this AI beauty pageant, because the way they're even trying to like frame this is just so fucking disturbing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lady's good to see you both. Thanks for taking the time.
Speaker 3: Sally Anne, what do you say to people like the team think that it's a really bad idea. Well, I've been a pageant judge for the last ten years, and what I've learned is that modern day pageants are not about perfection. It's about diversity. It's about celebrating the whole woman. And what I'm looking for in this pageant is not perfection. This isn't a boobs and balm and seventies pin up pageant. We're looking for as real a person as we can possibly eh to be a wrong in the AI industry and to change that perception of AI women.
Speaker 4: That's even worse. That's like even worse.
Speaker 2: It's fucking sinister, it's even worse.
Speaker 4: I would rather you be like a tit's.
Speaker 2: On this one pretty good, you know, like metrical.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, rather than being like, I don't know. I thought other thought full answer to how to solve the Israel palacine question.
Speaker 2: Was like really spot on the right? No, right, Yeah, watch one of the contestants will be like an IDF model or something, and they're like, yeah, man, like we got all kinds of people coming. But the idea too that it's also meant to sort of obscure people's perception and be like.
Speaker 7: No, these are like women man that like we're trying to correct in, like they have truly computer generated, potentially unattainable characteristics physically, but we're gonna hold those up to say these are.
Speaker 2: Role models for the like, come on, miss me with that. That's not what this is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the person that they're like debating in that clip, like who speaks after them like made a face that was just They're like okay, like.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, the whole woman. To celebrate the whole woman Jesus like fart noise.
Speaker 1: With their This is what I like to say.
Speaker 4: I mean I used to say, you know, I think I used to I was like working on a bit about this being but like the future they says going to be female, but we all know the future is robots, And here you have defly future is not female, it is robots. It is I hope they become sentient because then we can organize.
Speaker 2: Right right exactly.
Speaker 1: This is the first time that like one of these AI stories, I'm like, oh, yeah, they can do the thing they're saying this will do, which is full horny guys, who will pay that money?
Speaker 2: Can you make the most realistic video game characters that people want to fuck? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You guys know how actually like resource intensive AI is also because of the processors that they need fresh water water to cool it down.
Speaker 1: What the fuck you a future a dirty water and it actually has to be Fiji. It will freak out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird dark at all. It's like, look, you want to chase money through the crypto that's super resource intensive? Or do you want to fuck a fucking phantom person?
Speaker 1: And the lead Pelle Greene, one of the hosts or one of the judges of this contest, who is a made up robot and like they won't tell anyone who they're like program.
Speaker 4: The woman on the right is Maybee up.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh wait you mean yeah you're talking about in this yeah panel video people, No no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no, not in the video and the panel below of different of the different hosts.
Speaker 2: Like the one with the pink hair and the one on the very right are both ah.
Speaker 4: The one on the left who kind of looks like Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, huh the pink hair. Yeah, different era though.
Speaker 1: Lady Gaga. I should sue all right, Francesca, what a pleasure having you as always on the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Follow you? Hear you all that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Listen to the Situation Podcast wherever you get your podcasts, or watch it live Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays one pm Pacific, four pm Eastern on YouTube at Franny Fio. That's where And is.
Speaker 1: There a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Just a tweet and it is my friend Raf Shimanov who tweeted quote tweeted Lahav Harkov, who is and is Let's see what is there in their bio senior political correspondent with Jewish insider and proud Jew and Zionists. Obviously not problem to be a proud Jew. But you know this is on a day that again Israel bombs eleven and kills eleven children on a playground. I love living in Israel. Not even hundreds of missiles can get us down. I took my kids out for an activity in a strip mall in Israeli's are full out force in for shopping, eating in restaurants. Kids are having fun like a regular afternoon. We love life. Israeli flag and he quote tweeted with just a still image from a zone of interest where all the kids are like in the pool and they're having a great time, and just on the other side of the wall is Auschwitz.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I'm not enjoying it.
Speaker 4: I guess I just think it's pointed.
Speaker 2: No, it's pointed. Yeah, yeah yeah, And I think I saw below that tweet someone replied it's like also, we have the best memes, right, I'm like, oh my god, yah, please can we get me out of here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Miles, where can people find you there? Work media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Uh, you can find me on at based platforms at Miles of Gray. If you like the NBA, check out Miles and Jackot mad Boosties, and if you like ninety day Fiance check me out on four to twenty day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra. Don't have any works of social media that I like, because again, every time I turn that shit on, I'm like, you know, no, I'm good, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 1: But getting heard of Conan O'Brien, though, No, who's that, Oh man, he's this guy who is on Hot Ones. Oh my god, Hot What you don't know Hot Ones? Dude?
Speaker 2: No? Man, wait you I'm serious, bro, I told you I'm Do you know that video? I know that TV channels you know about?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's like a TV channel, but it's like the only one you need to know about because they hot wings and answer point questions from oh hot talented interviewer Hot Ones. Yes, Hot Ones.
Speaker 2: I know that, I know that.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 2: Yep. Okay. Oh also that what you're enjoying is Conan's that that was an earlier one that I enjoyed was because Okay, I like this street from Josh Gondleman. At Josh Gondleman tweeted stan Van Guddy would crush in a local furniture store commercial and that's a very centric tweet, but he would kill it.
Speaker 1: Oh Man. Speaking of NBA centric tweets, I think you should zip Line tweeted a playoff cut of a bunch just like NBA basketball highlights, mixed with I think you should leave and Kim Robinson things that I really enjoyed, but that won't be my thing because you just kind of have to see it. The tweet I've been enjoying brothers have her at sixth grade. Forever tweeted, referring to non bares head stuff as well, turkey at the deli, Well, give me like a pound of the well Turkey pound of the well, ham get that well d You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have Facebook fan page on our website daily zeitgeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnote where we lay off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Miles of song got man, I got a couple of got a back catalog here to get through. This one is going to be a track by the artist Remy Wolf r E M I w LF. It's called Cinderella. This track, you know it's got It's just got that like youthful kind of revisiting soulful R and B kind of funk track but with a modern twist, and I think it's dope. For vocals are great and the instrumentation. The production is fantastic, so I think you'll enjoy this. This is Remy Wolf with the track of Cinderella.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio Wrap, Apple Podcaster, wherever you get your podcast. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to y'all then bye bye bye