Speaker 1: DJ Yars it's just hilarious and Charlottage.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all for bed like coach Lee talk about family, the rector clubs where people get the information, on the topics, on the artists, everything like that.
Speaker 3: I'm running and like you guys were nice. Everybody got me all nervous stuff. You guys, let's not yo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you locked into the world's most dangerous morning show.
Speaker 3: If you want to break this club, we're gonna bring it. One hundred and twenty miners will not come up.
Speaker 5: This is what I'll do.
Speaker 6: Other that's right, get about the bids and listen to the greatest show on Earth.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Usa, yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Just hilarious morning, Chola mean the guy peace to the planet is Thursday.
Speaker 3: Good morning. How you feeling. What's up? Just how you feeling? Just stop?
Speaker 4: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: What you were at?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, usually Fridays I have to broadcast from home. Now I'm just joking. I'm in Alabama. Actually, I'm talking to the students at Alabama State after the show today, tell them about getting into radio and the profession and how it's been and the journey of getting there. So I'm gonna be talking to the students after the show and then heading right back to New York.
Speaker 3: I'll be nice.
Speaker 4: I was ready to say, what's going on your mental good straight?
Speaker 3: He needed a mental health break, mental health day. Yes, sometimes we need that. Absolutely, are you crazy?
Speaker 6: But that's not why I'm actually in Alabama, like I said talking to the students. But yeah, sometimes you do need a mental health break, and then you just need to get away and.
Speaker 5: Relax, meditate and just get away from things.
Speaker 4: Sometimes an't even make bed.
Speaker 3: Now you see him, you got your bed in the background.
Speaker 5: This is this is Alabama, you know.
Speaker 6: So it's not that's cool. I mean, I'm not in the days in but similar very close.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with that. Man.
Speaker 9: You know, to do what you gotta do. Sometimes it's close to sleep with your clothes. You gotta run out in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: You never know, You never know, yo, I know you've been had no slip on slip.
Speaker 9: Happy Thursday, y'all, though, Man, we are blessed Black and Holly favorite. Happy to be here another day of service to our beautiful listeners. Man, we got Airy Spears on the show today, right.
Speaker 5: That's right, Comedian Airy Spaars will be joining us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's performing at the Hulu Theta at Madison Square Garden on May eighteen, so he'll be here to talk about that and some other things.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: All right, well, let's jump right into the show. We got front page news. There's a thing called Ozimpic personality.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because you call you Ozmpic gold medalists. By the way, we can tell you Ozmpic personality people. I don't even know what this is about, but I think I know.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna discuss it when we come back. I just don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's the ej Envy, Jesse, Hilarius, Charlamage, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news all right. Now, let's start with some quick sports. Now, the NBA bands John T. Porter indefinitely after gambling violations.
Speaker 3: News report.
Speaker 10: The NBA has leveled a lifetime ban on the Toronto Raptors Johntay Porter for his involvement in gambling The league's investigation found everything from limiting his own participation in games, sharing confidential information with known betters, and betting on as many as thirteen NBA games himself, including betting the Toronto Raptors to lose. And I think even more damning for the NBA is that this remains an open investigation. The league has turned over their fightings their findings to federal authorities. This may not be the end of this pro but Johntay Porter leveled with a lifetime ban from Commissioner Adam Silver today.
Speaker 9: You know how hard it is to get into the NBA. You know how hard people work every day to get into the NBA, and then you finally get into the NBA, and instead of continuing to do that hard work to a you can make a million dollars is legally, you would rather put your energy in the scamming and end up getting banned from the league forever.
Speaker 3: It's sad thing.
Speaker 6: What it is is he wasn't drafted, so he actually had to work extra in the league, and he did. And his brother, his older brother by a year, actually plays for Denver averages seventeen points a game, gets like twenty three twenty five million dollars a.
Speaker 3: Year in salary.
Speaker 6: So if he needed the million dollars or if he needed a couple one hundred grand, he could have called his brother.
Speaker 9: His brother is Michael Porter. I mean he's a young man, he's only twenty four years old. But I just really don't understand the thoughts the process of people like that. And it's a prime example of you know how like one mistake, one misstep can literally cost you everything. One bad choice can cost you everything. That's right, So he need to come to the front of congregation this one. We need to have a world with him, very teachable moment and quickly.
Speaker 6: In sports, the seventy six Iss beat the Heat and the Bulls beat the Hawks, right, that's the play in tournament.
Speaker 5: Now we gotta talk Ozimpic. Now people use ozimpic.
Speaker 6: They said it was a diabetes drug and people were using it for weight laws. But now they're saying it's this thing called ozimpic personality. And they said, because people are taking this ozimpic, even though that they're shedding the weight, they're.
Speaker 3: Losing the pounds, still feel fat.
Speaker 6: They said, they still feel fat, they still have anxiety, they're still having depression, and suicidal stories. So they're saying it's more of a problem because he says, even though the treatments are making people lose the weight, they're still feeling like they're big and they're having a lot of problems. They said that things that they also said are changes is reduce their cravings for drugs, alcohol, and sex. So a lot of women that are having Ozimpic in their relationship, even though they're looking better, they still don't want to have no sex.
Speaker 9: Now, I wonder if that is all due to the to the I don't like them saying that fatness is linked to depression and what else they said.
Speaker 5: They're not saying fatness. I guess they're saying, using the.
Speaker 9: Shot or whatever, the shot is making you feel that way because you said you said they still feel fat, But so it sounds like saying they still feel fat means that they're depressing it. But I feel like that's the shot making him like that, because I know plenty a happy fat people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's the shot, that's what they're calling it. Ozempic personalities. Well, it's lot all th Osempic gold medalists out there. The problem with Another problem with all your Olympic gold medalists is y'all don't know that we know that you didn't work to lose that weight, and you be trying to act like you did.
Speaker 3: And I don't like that.
Speaker 9: Okay, don't come ahead acting like you put You put in all this work to lose this.
Speaker 3: Weight, and all you did was take that damn shot. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: And you can and you can tell usually like if a person got light pole or zembic, because usually with light po you can't take the fat out your head. So people still be walking skinny bodies. You lose the weight everywhere. It's like, damn, you got a skinny head. Now I'll be seeing them.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm saying. It's not And honestly, for me, it wouldn't be worth it. I would rather lose the weight, you know, the old fashioned way, as opposed to lose the weight but didn't have to deal with a whole bunch of mental and emotional issues. Keeping all mental and emotional health together as hard enough as it is, I'm not putting nothing in my body that's gonna make it worse.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But the only thing is some people are overweight unhealthy where they can possibly die they putting too much pressure on their heart. So yeah, if that's a way to help them lose the weight to get to that point, I you know, I understand that. But people that just want to lose ten pounds and twenty pounds are fit to.
Speaker 4: Dress, y'all bugget Oh right, hey, yeah, that's that's extra.
Speaker 6: I agree, all right, and that is front page news. When we come back next hour, we'll tell you about the Bai. I don't know if you've seen the reports, but Dubai has been getting so much rain. It's the most rain they got in seventy five years, and usually this is in one day. They got the rain that they're supposed to get in the whole year. So like it's it's nasty, it's flooded. People are using so much stuff, and people don't have flood insurance because they don't get that much rain. We'll talk about that next hour. Everybody else, get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 6: If you need to vent phone lines to wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call.
Speaker 3: Us up right now.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's Rob Man from Houston.
Speaker 5: Rob from Houston's town. Get it off your Rob Man.
Speaker 11: I wanna h I want to talk about these better baby mamas. Man, who's alienating the kids? Man from the dead Man?
Speaker 3: Rob, You having a problem with your baby mother? Do you like to discuss?
Speaker 11: No? Man, Actually I fought for five years, me and my wife. We got custy of my kids. But man, I advocate for the fathers that uh being alienated. Man, So I just wanted to let them know, man, to keep their head up and keep fighting and getting.
Speaker 9: The Okay, that's good sound advice. I mean you should because that's your child. So I understand. Yeah, and hopefully, hopefully, hopefully all the baby daddy's and baby mamas can get on one accord because it's not about them.
Speaker 3: It's about the charing absolutely most definitely.
Speaker 11: But the problem is a lot of these women many they do all this evil stuff in society, don't even know thise. So man, I'm advocating for it. Man, y'all need to following me on Instagram. Man, who's the dead man? Uh, You're gonna change the world of how people view parental alienation. It's the real thing.
Speaker 3: Got here? Who's fathers is? Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, fathers? You know, the men's suicide behind this man And it's real deeper than what people think it is.
Speaker 3: Damn. Thank you, keep up the good fight.
Speaker 12: King.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? Jersey's up? Dj MV? What's yo? Show me? I just want to ask you a question.
Speaker 6: You never thought about doing comedies?
Speaker 3: Nope? You hell bro Nope.
Speaker 9: Stand up is a very specific skill set that people like Jess Hilarious are psychotic enough to do. You know, it takes a certain it takes a certain psychopath to get on that stage and think that they can make a room full of people laugh on purpose.
Speaker 4: And do it and do it well, and do it well.
Speaker 9: Absolutely. I think it's the hardest thing to do on stage.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just doesn't will. But I'm telling you, I mean basically on the stage.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 9: I don't do stand up. I see in my eyes down on this radio every morning she attend.
Speaker 6: But thank you though, good more, good morning, have a going you tell Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 13: I hello, hey, listen, good morning.
Speaker 3: Everyone, off your chest.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to share that I just got a promotion.
Speaker 13: So I'm very exciting and I'm very happy because it's a career advancement.
Speaker 3: Congrats. And I was also able, so one of my teams I lived up.
Speaker 13: So it's a brown girl power.
Speaker 14: So you got a website or something?
Speaker 7: Do I have a website?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 9: I don't Instagram page, nothing I do. But I'm not well fine, this brown girl power yourselfish.
Speaker 3: She just says, she just wants to say that she got a promotion.
Speaker 6: We're going to congratulate, gratulations, Thank.
Speaker 7: You, thank you. I'm very happy. I'm gonna be making six figures.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh yeah, I don't want nobody know what she looked like. People won't start asking for money.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 9: You only make your fifty though, you know the irs don't. But I'm not gonn want to steal your jr.
Speaker 7: But thank you.
Speaker 3: Everyone thought the taxes. That thought the taxes took all that joy out of her fortunes.
Speaker 4: We want to hang out with real quick.
Speaker 6: The irs don't take fifty Searla Mane until it's hundred, fifty thousand and more.
Speaker 3: She think they're thinking about forty, might as well say close to half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they taking about forty easily, maybe thirty three depending on how many kids she got.
Speaker 9: Either way, that one hundred thousand about sixties is what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 3: Why you come with the bad news. Bad news is the truth.
Speaker 2: But she's more excited about her promotion.
Speaker 4: Won't know how long she's been there and what she can provide.
Speaker 3: Now, that is true. That is true.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. If you're time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Wait your man or.
Speaker 4: Black telling me get up and get something.
Speaker 3: Call up now eight hundred five five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 11: This is Jamela new Herd, North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Whatep Jamel, Get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: Hey, I just wanted to call y'all and uh, hey, y'all, good morning, Charla mana god DJ interview.
Speaker 7: That's hilarious. What's having it?
Speaker 3: Good morning baby, appreciate you.
Speaker 15: Hey.
Speaker 7: I also want to know I got two questions.
Speaker 4: DJ, I mean charlemagnea god.
Speaker 3: Yes, I need all your books.
Speaker 15: I got shoop Lon.
Speaker 11: I'm reading that right now.
Speaker 9: Okay, I got a new book coming out May twenty first called get on Us a die line Why small Talk Sucks. You can pre order it now, But as soon as I get copies, I'll start giving giving them to my people.
Speaker 3: Okay, say last, stay last.
Speaker 7: And I also want to shout out my wife and my kids.
Speaker 3: Damn, I thought you was a stud. He did time.
Speaker 7: I thought, Hey, I listened to y'all every morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, my first time, this is my first time call it and I got that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you. Hey, hey, hey, but hey, but so made?
Speaker 7: Can you send me your booker.
Speaker 3: Fan, I got you gonna, I got I got a packing here for you.
Speaker 7: I need. I need that black privilege.
Speaker 3: Hold on, don't hang up. Okay, all right, let's say let's all right.
Speaker 9: I mean all right, all right.
Speaker 3: Man, ain't sound like a stud. I'm comparing stud at the end.
Speaker 4: You know what was the same the same person the time? It did sound she did something. I mean, he did something well, steady, well.
Speaker 3: He and she could have a white regardless.
Speaker 2: Of I was gonna say your white thinkers. But did She never denied, she had never doned so she so she probably is.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, you.
Speaker 4: Got me next.
Speaker 3: For some don't know, they gotta sound no, not all, Oh sorry, hello, Brittany, do not sound like you're right?
Speaker 16: You're y'all happening?
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning, that morning.
Speaker 4: What's that girl.
Speaker 17: That I just think.
Speaker 13: I'm coming to see you?
Speaker 18: Bad?
Speaker 7: Got hemmy?
Speaker 9: No your phone breaking up with But Jeff, you're gonna be in Louisville, Kentucky, Louisville.
Speaker 4: When I think she's telling me, I said it wrong.
Speaker 2: It's not Louisville's Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, May third and.
Speaker 3: Fourth, she said.
Speaker 9: As soon as you announced it yesterday, she went and got her tickets.
Speaker 4: I love that and I love you baby.
Speaker 9: Comedy Club, Louisville Comedy Club, Louisville Comedy Club.
Speaker 3: All right, get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one, Now, Jess, anybody that wants to pick up tickets to go to Louisville to check you out?
Speaker 3: Where can they pick up tickets?
Speaker 9: Louisville Comedy dot com YEP, I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 3: Louisville Comedy Club.
Speaker 2: Four shows May third and fourth. Yes, so I will see all that Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 9: Third PM show May nine, forty five pm show Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yes, main't want to be my manager, just so big.
Speaker 11: Math fast.
Speaker 3: She's just tied knocking you over there, pregnant, not moving?
Speaker 6: Yes more now you're not moving, She's not right. We got just with the mess coming up? What we're talking about?
Speaker 4: Yes, somebody try to snatch up ye wife?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Yes, just snatching on up? Can I I'll let you know when we come back. That's what it was trying to be.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we'll.
Speaker 6: Get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club in morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj n V, Jess, Hilary and Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to jest with the mess.
Speaker 2: News is real, Lions, Jessica, Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 3: The world Why jess worldwide mess on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 12: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could.
Speaker 3: Get you to see.
Speaker 11: The time to set it off.
Speaker 2: All right, So I know I t ZDA, But we got two important stories to get to before we get the A NBA young boy arrested in Utah.
Speaker 4: Now listen closely to this.
Speaker 2: He was part of a scheme to fraudulently get permethazine with coding. He tried to get the prescribed cough medicines from multiple pharmacies in Utah. He called the pharmacy for a prescription supposedly for a seventy year old woman in September that he just made up.
Speaker 4: He just made up this woman.
Speaker 2: First of all, you're not even allowed to be around nobody and a seventy four year old woman.
Speaker 4: They said he declaimed.
Speaker 2: They said he claimed to be a physician and used an actual valid DEA number and an MPI number and other identification for the real physician.
Speaker 4: He's very smart. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: He got caught because the pharmacist noticed that the phone number didn't match the number of the doctor's clinics, so they called the doctor directly. The doctor said he did not write a description a prescription for a woman by that name. So the county approved a search warrant and that's when the FBI and the Secret Service and the Layton Swat Team searched his home. The alleged offenses are a possession of a dangerous weapon by restricted person, pattern of unlawful activity, identity fraud, forgery, procuring, attempting to a to procure drug sell. You nailed that worduring, and possession of controlled substance. He was booked in the Cachet County Jail and denied bail.
Speaker 9: You know, the law is the law, But that young man clearly has a drug problem. And I don't understand how come they didn't have this man getting the help while he was on house arrest.
Speaker 3: And now he's gonna get sent to a correctional facility for a very very very long time. And in that.
Speaker 9: Correctional facility there's not gonna be no real correcting going on. He clearly got a drug problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it seems like he's he needs the drug and he'll do anything to get the drug. But like you said, the problem is is not necessarily the drug, which is a problem because he's almost like an addict.
Speaker 9: But the problem is he is an addict. If you're doing all of that crib oh, I mean the the guns. Yes, that's you're gonna have to deal with that. But I'm just talking about the bigger issue to me is the fact he's clearly an.
Speaker 2: Addict and he is now a position like what smart?
Speaker 4: He is so smart?
Speaker 2: I'm like, and you go to that point to get drugs, Yes, you are an addict.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and if you're gonna do identity fraud, you big. He is a young boy, so he pretended to be an old lady.
Speaker 6: Yeah, seventy four in September. But but I'm not going to say this is good. But he wanted to get the drugs from the pharmacy, probably because he least knows what's in the drugs to still finding, because he could have bought it from the streets.
Speaker 3: Plenty people addicted the prescription drugs. It's still an.
Speaker 2: Addict, yeah, and a lot of that stuff do get you out. So he made he didn't make bail, but you know who did. Glorilla She was arrested on dui artists in Georgia. So officers pulled Overglow at four am after she made a U turn at a red light. The officers approached her car and they allegedly smell marijuana and alcohol.
Speaker 3: No Glow.
Speaker 2: I just say yeah, gloat, She's in there Bubba the album right which she admitted the drinking prior to driving, but would not say how much that she was drinking, and she insisted that she was able to drive. Guerilla underwent a full filled sobriety test and did not pass. She allegedly refused to met a breathalyzer test.
Speaker 3: She didn't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess they saw, you know, they knew, and and bouncing. She probably just was doing her little dam But.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to figure out why did the police make that part of the story. Her boob popped out because.
Speaker 2: They said that she didn't know, so they was like, it's out there, you drunk, you bob she took that, you know, Shane noticed or they was letting her know, like it's hanging and and she was taking into custody and released on bond shortly after. She was also charged with the consumption of alcohol or possession of an open alcohol beverage container, so she had to liquor with him, but she said she had drunk before she started driving.
Speaker 9: Wa the hell really don't got a cost service like CMG, don't have a family Uber account.
Speaker 4: I know they do.
Speaker 2: I know, I know she got drivers, but sometimes she probably wanted to go somewhere.
Speaker 4: It was four am.
Speaker 2: She probably just wanted to go somewhere, and she was going back home, and was going back home.
Speaker 9: Her friends should have said, no, glow, you be drinking. You had to sit down and relax. Yeah, okay, yeah, gonna take your little hot ass out here in these streets where you're going that four in the morning drunk driving?
Speaker 2: And I want them to stop catering to the internet. So when she got home, she posted like responses to all the comments. I guess with a bottle of tailor put on her head.
Speaker 9: I don't think they realize the judge sees things like that. You still have to go in front of the court. And when you're go in front of the court, they're gonna pull that picture up and say this is what she posted the night of The judge is gonna think about things like that. And what if the judges had somebody in their family who's been injured or hurt or even killed.
Speaker 3: How you be triggering these people? Serious?
Speaker 2: So when I say, after the internet, after the internet, sure, just go home and sober up and get some rest. All right, Yay, allegedly punched the stranger who grabbed beyond the sensory his wife, so the police are investigating. After he punched the man late Tuesday night, is now named as a suspect and a battery report and the cops are looking into claims against him. So a rep for him told TMZ, the attacker put his hands under his wife's dress, directly on our body, grabbed a spun around, twisted a dip the board, her back up, and then blue kiss.
Speaker 4: But you learn how to do all that, didn't You punched them?
Speaker 3: It didn't happened. That was a Nintendo code. You just said no.
Speaker 2: And and and she was battered and sexually assaulted, and yay and Bianca left after the altercation after he punched the man. They left and the victim didn't need treatment or anything. But that's what happened. It sounded like he wanted to dance with him.
Speaker 3: First of all, Kanye was did nothing wrong if all that happened, Yeah, I all that.
Speaker 9: By the way, even if all that didn't happen, if he just touched his wife under the dress, he punched somebody in the face, even if it's over the dresser, Yeah, he deserved that who still still he did nothing wrong in that twist.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So that is the news for the seven o'clock hour and I just killed it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 9: By the way, it's not too often you're gonna hear Kanye West did nothing wrong in a sentence.
Speaker 5: But also is his word versus the other guy's words?
Speaker 9: So yeah, no, it's his word and his wife's word versus the other guy word. And if his wife say all that happened and Kanye defended up, then I think we should believe the wife.
Speaker 2: But what if the guys like I wanted to save her because she he has her walking around half naked and barefoot, and I just wanted to save her.
Speaker 3: Damn. We'll see, all right, Well, that was just with the mess.
Speaker 6: When we come back, we got front page news dubai uh. We talk about the weather. We talk about what's going on on this earth and it just seems like it's just getting worse and worse.
Speaker 3: And God us man explain what's going on with the bibe. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 4: Ya yo head. I will pray for you. I will wait for you now, I will wait for you.
Speaker 3: I'm be doing the words of these songs.
Speaker 11: No morning.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, we'll have to turn my headphones up when you were talking. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: That's all good. We are the breakfast club. Goo morning.
Speaker 6: Let's get in some front page news now. Interest rates seem like they're gonna be going higher, which is not a great thing, especially for Joe Biden. And the reason being is with interest rates high, that means everything will go higher. That means if the price if you're looking to buy a home is a lot higher, that means the price of a lot of your goods will go a lot higher, which is not pretty good for Joe Bidy right, because most people want to see the interest rates go a lot further down so things could be a little cheaper so people can move around. And the fact that it's going down or going up on his watch shows people that maybe they don't want to continue to think about, you know, voting for Joe Biden.
Speaker 9: What NB is saying is absolutely true, because people they'll forget what you did, they'll forget what you said, but they'll never forget how.
Speaker 3: You made them feel.
Speaker 9: So if under a president they feel like they had more relief in their pocket which people did, which people feel like they did under Trump, you know, because of the PvP loans and the stimulus checks.
Speaker 3: Never mind the fact that you know it was COVID that caused all of that.
Speaker 9: They don't care about that, but they just know that they felt better financially under him.
Speaker 3: And if they feel like.
Speaker 9: They're having financial struggles under President Biden, they're going to remember that in November.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And this is the report of why they're saying this is happening.
Speaker 17: So recent data have clearly not given us greater confidence and instead indicate that it's likely to take longer than expected to achieve that confidence. Right now, given the strength of the labor market and progress on inflation so far, it's appropriate to allow restrictive policy further time to work and let the data and the evolving outlook guide us.
Speaker 9: And this is on top of eggs being too expensive, the white and too expensive, everything too damn expensive.
Speaker 3: And now you're putting this on top of that.
Speaker 6: Come on, now, Yeah, So we usually when inflation, when things are too expensive, they lower the interest rates that help people out and want people to spend a little bit more money. Now at the fact that inflation, like you said, things are so high, and the interest rates are a lot higher, it makes things a lot worse. Now, on another we talk about the earth and how we are disrespecting the earth with pollution and a lot of the dumbish that we're doing as just Americans and.
Speaker 9: Just human beings, not just Americans, humans humans in a why.
Speaker 3: Smart for no reasons are you humans out there?
Speaker 6: So in Dubai, they usually get a little bit of rain yearly, but they actually got more rain in one day than they get in a whole year.
Speaker 5: And they said, which is everything flooded?
Speaker 6: The airports, uh, people's houses, people's garages, stores and all that. And the bad thing about it is since they usually don't get that much rain, a lot of people didn't have flood insurance.
Speaker 3: There's a new story.
Speaker 19: The scenes in Soak Dubai tonight look apocalyptic. Roads turned into rivers, trees barely still standing as a wind said three flying the tarmac flooded at Dubai International Airport, the second busiest in the world. Imagine being a passenger on this plane battling rising waters, seeing this out your window. For hours, flights were halted as stranded passengers piled up. Tonight do buy airport telling passengers don't show up unless you've confirmed your flight still leaving.
Speaker 4: There are hundreds and thousands of other passengers just like me in.
Speaker 10: This airport who have been waiting for ten hours, sixteen hours.
Speaker 19: In twenty four hours to buy drenched with more rain than the city usually gets in nearly two years, shattering records in a desert metropolis known for being hot and dry.
Speaker 9: Oh, climate change is real, yo, And people have been trying to tell you that for years. And if you haven't taken it serious yet, it's probably too late. And you know, it's interesting when stuff like this happens because it shows you how God could really just stop everything if he or she wanted to, whenever they want to, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Literally, that's why you know I don't fought in my clothes.
Speaker 4: You at the rain.
Speaker 3: It is part of climate change.
Speaker 9: I don't know if y'all know that humans are changing Earth's climate and a lot of it has to do with like gas emissions.
Speaker 3: So I don't fought in my cl I don't fought my close cap.
Speaker 6: Right, and that is front page news. And when we come back, Avery spears will be joining us. Airy Spears comedian. You've probably seen them with lad TV mad TV uh. And he's gonna be at the msg who.
Speaker 3: Theater Saturday, May eighteen. He'll be there. Well, he'll be here to talk about that in a second, all right, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Go morning, Yes, the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is d J n V Jess Hilariyu, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 9: Indeed, Avery Spears, welcome brother, welcome back, welcome back.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen you long a long time, like TV all the time, all the time. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: They when somebody came in, was like, I don't know, Airy Spears, he might be a little upset.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's Airy. That's how he always is. He's got some misconception, upset by what. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe they walked in and they said he didn't seems as as lovable as as they would seem.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, that's aries. That's how he is. They don't you know, he's lovable. To the contrary, I'm very lovable.
Speaker 8: I just keep an ice cube scowl on my face because I don't think they can come up and say anything to me.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious. You know.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you something, man, I truly believe I've always been one of the most misunderstood catching the game because I don't walk around, you know, pulling a Magic Johnson smiling from temple to temple. So because I got a you know, a straight, a kind of certain exterior, there's that, and then people see me in interviews and based off things I say. Apparently truth is the new hate, you know, Opinionated is the new bitter, you know what I mean. I'm just honest about you know, how I feel about things. I speak it, how I see it, how I feel it, and people misconstrue that's hate, which is ridiculous because I just come from an era where you know, you speak your mind.
Speaker 3: Do you think you've ever been understood?
Speaker 9: Was there a point where you were and then something happened and people just started misunderstanding or you think it was like that from the beginning.
Speaker 8: I just think it was like that from the beginning, you know what I mean, Because and especially now, because it is social media age we live in where you got to buy everything, Like I said, when you honest, that just gets misconstrued and just because I don't necessarily go with the grain of the opinion that you like, that's viewed as hate.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: It's like why I gotta always flow with the traffic, you know what I mean. If I don't feel it, I don't feel it.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 6: I think that in the fact that you you so try to state area in New York and New Jersey from from the from the beginning, I think that's that's part of it, too, bias. But I admit it. I admit it.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. People go, man, you you're in New York. You're on like West Coast rap like no rapping thing. If from New York, I've given credit where I find credit should be due. You know, I love a lot of artists that ain't from New York. It ain't many, but I like I swagged man, you know.
Speaker 3: East cause wasn't in beefing no more. Let's be cool with it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely absolutely. I'm just saying, you know, I'm stumping in my in my in my belief system. Yeah man, there's certain certain rhythm and cadence and delivery, you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: As a comedian. Why do you think.
Speaker 6: And I don't want you to take this the wrong way because I've watched you know, I come to your shows all the time and a wife. Why don't you think you are not a bigger comedian as I think that you should.
Speaker 8: Be because my my, my mouth is my biggest strength. But it's a it is detriment. No, I don't have to do it, No, diddy, I know who I am. I don't play the man. I don't get in that. You know what I'm saying. I know the whole cause thing to me is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something like you might be thinking about it. No, listen.
Speaker 8: And when I when I did Glad recently we were talking about Denzel and I and I said, hey, listen, part of the allure to a Denzel, especially in his prime or Brad Pitt is besides the talent, they're attractive.
Speaker 3: They're attractive. There's a sex appeal.
Speaker 8: There's a sexinist m and the comments was, you know, it's one thing to kind of say a man is handsome, but to use.
Speaker 16: The word sexy Imperial.
Speaker 3: You ain't say sexy, you said sex appeal.
Speaker 8: No, I might have said, yo, I get it. I know why women like him. He's a sexy guy. He eludes sex appeal.
Speaker 4: That's the same thing.
Speaker 3: That's the same thing.
Speaker 4: Man, you want to say something so bad, I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: About it, like what.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I would say he's sexy, sex appeals the same thing, like the same thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you recognize what your My eyes ain't lying to me. I know what, I know what looks like. I don't know what attractively.
Speaker 3: Now. The other day, then jumped out of car and he was he's seventy.
Speaker 9: Now seventy. Girls was losing their mind. I'm looking at him like, yoah, I hope I look that good at seventy.
Speaker 3: Telling Hunt looks seventy and she's not.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 3: You know, white folks age like fruit. Don't to go bad. It's over.
Speaker 9: They could graduated twenty five years of comedy, man, after the long thirty five thirty five years SAT when I was fourteen.
Speaker 3: Damn yeah, damn yeah, yeah, Howard things changed?
Speaker 8: Man? I feel like it changes every ten years for comedy. You know, I think that it's it's in terms of its evolution. I don't know if it's as potent as it used to be, because now everybody with these cell phones and the platform can get into Studio fifty four. Everybody shouldn't be allowed in the studio fifty four. It's diluting the product a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: I understand if you know, the fifteen minutes of fame, But substance makes long Jeff, Yeah, you know, substance makes a career, you know. And I see so many of these flashing the pants come along and some of it as funny as hell, you know.
Speaker 3: I get caught up in the scroll matrix, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: But at the end of the day, I know the difference between the undercard and the main event.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you still have the same love when you first started? Absolutely? Absolutely.
Speaker 8: I mean, listen, I get frustrated at times and moments where I want to quit, just because the politics of it and the bullet of it can start to wear on you. But I'm in perspective to do this is what this is my passion, this is what I do, you know, so got to ride it to the wheels fall off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are the politics for somebody like asp?
Speaker 8: You know, it's funny. I recently did Tony Rock's podcast. I told Tony the story where one night Chris and I. I never really had a lot of interaction with Chris. We went out to dinner one time and at the end of the dinner he was just like, hey, man, I can give three pieces of advice. Keep writing, stay funny, and try not to piss these white folks off. I listened to two of the pieces of advice, and like I said, my mouth is my biggest how my biggest detriment. I say a lot of that I think sometimes turns people off. And again, if they don't know me in depth, they take it for face value and they think, oh, he's this way. But you know, again, if you took time to really hang out with me and do some self investigation, yeah, there's certain parts that I'm gonna commit to.
Speaker 3: But I'm more than that than what you just see in an interview. You know.
Speaker 8: The politics for me has been trying to figure out how to navigate through this mind of what you say and what you don't say. You know, so you don't hold your tongue.
Speaker 6: So do you ever get to a point where it's like you're scared of saying things now? Because usually some some of the stuff that when we used to go to your shows you would say off the wall ish it was funny, but now that that awful.
Speaker 3: Well, stand up I'm gonna always be that. I'm not changing that.
Speaker 8: But in terms of interviews, not that I'm i't. I don't like the word scared, but I'm gonna be more strategic and how I say what I want to say, because there's a way to say everything, and it's comics, you know. That's the brilliance of what we do is to put that smell like roses if we choose to do that. So I'm probably trying to think a little bit more.
Speaker 6: Is that because you don't maybe want to make sure that you're not canceled and you're not on, but you can't really.
Speaker 9: Cancel you when you got the stage. I don't think standom comedians can never be camping.
Speaker 8: Yeah, in terms of stand up, no, but then you know film and television where sometimes the bigger, easier money is to be made that can be taken away from you.
Speaker 3: But you know, this is why I love Dave Chappelle so much.
Speaker 8: I don't want to jinx it and I don't think I am, but I think he's uncancellable, you know, because he's such a force to be reckoned with.
Speaker 9: Something you said just not makes a lot of sense though, because the older you get as a comedian, do you still want to be torn every weekend? Do you want that to be the way you make money? Would you rather be able to do something easier or like a TV show?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean you enjoy it, because if you enjoy it, but you know there's levels to this. So if you at the level where you know, instead of grinding out three nights six seven shows, you do a theater for one night and instead of commercial you fly in private, Yeah, I don't think that ever gets old, you know. So it's trying to figure out a way to lessen the grind, you know, Like I just started doing theaters now. For the longest, I've always done clubs. But you know, between the date at the Garden, I just sold out Toronto. I just sold out Boston at the Wilbur So I'm you know, I'm slowly trying to get to that point, you know.
Speaker 3: Doing the Hulu theater on the May eighteenth.
Speaker 9: Maybe a lot of people know you from Mad TV, and I always wondered because comedians, whenever they get announced to be like from.
Speaker 3: Comic view from Death comedy jam and.
Speaker 9: I'm like, does that still mad at when people still remember those things?
Speaker 3: Not not?
Speaker 8: If not, if not, if you if your position is somelid the five like, I'll go place it in the in the in the person will asks me what's your credits?
Speaker 3: Just say Harry Spiz. Yeah. Everybody here knows who I am, what the tech ticket, so they need to know, Hey, I've done. They know already. I might have been watching you on Black TV for the last ten I might be twenty five. I don't know, know right right right, right, right right. We got more with Comedian airy Spars. When we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, owing everybody at j Envy, Jess, Hilary's Chelam and the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: We're still kicking it with Comedian airy Spars.
Speaker 3: Why do you think shows like Mad TV, sketch shows like that.
Speaker 8: Didn't have the long j of like SNL well, you know, other than SNL, Man TV was the only sketch show to have that kind of longevity. But you know, listen, Saturday Night Live is the bully on the block, always has been. Maybe if the powers that be had kind of supported us more like like even Fox didn't really support us, Like we had some of the biggest names in music, Wu Tang, Gwen, Stefani, Missi, and our lead into the show was the news. So when they would finish their segment, they would just go all right, now, stay tuned for Man. TV wouldn't announce who's on the show during summer Fox's biggest hits. They would never promote us teas, no, no tease, no nothing. So we just we never really got the support that we deserved. You know, we were like the bastard step child to Fox on our own network.
Speaker 3: You know, it's.
Speaker 9: Crazy that when you realize this is Hollywood the game for me because I'm being here cursing everybody out kurse d we.
Speaker 8: No, I mean, listen, it's it's part of what goes through the journey. So you know, always said, I don't really know how this is gonna end for me. But as much as I want to sometimes get discouraged, I'm not gonna quit.
Speaker 3: You know, I'll die before I quit, or it may kill me. Either way, Man, I'm minute here. It's funny.
Speaker 8: I just put as much as I complain, it's not until you step back sometimes and you put in perspective where you go, I have reason to complain, but then I look back and go my life versus the regular Joe's.
Speaker 3: This is still fantastic. Yeah.
Speaker 8: The kind of money I make in one weekend and I don't have a boss. I can sleep in all day if I want, don't have to answer to nobody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's better than that?
Speaker 4: And I said that to you, And now we're here, so I know.
Speaker 9: You're doing like what did you want? Like before before you took a step back to look and appreciate what you have?
Speaker 3: What did you want? You know? I think that and I and this is one of those moments.
Speaker 8: Well, I'll say I I I hope people don't think that I'm being arrogant when I say this, but I think based on my skill level, I should be getting as just as much or I'll say just as much as Kevin Hard or you know.
Speaker 3: Mike Epps.
Speaker 8: But again I will take responsibility for why I'm not, because again I I don't I stepped different.
Speaker 3: You know, was it a particular step that you know that camn that you stepped on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I probably shouldn't said what I said about Jordan Peel and even at one point, I remember Keavin was on here talking about the beef with me and him and Epps and yeah, you know, listen, man, when you young and you brash, and you're in New Yorker and you're an alpha dog, your ego, you want the beach chess, you know, and that's always who I've been. So now that I'm forty nine and I'm looking back, I'm like, oh, maybe I shouldn't have.
Speaker 3: You did the Cat Williams before Cat Williams.
Speaker 8: Probably yes, yes, But like I said, as long as I got air at my lungs and a shot, I got a shot.
Speaker 6: Have you ever spoke to those individuals that you know you might have went at what.
Speaker 8: You said about Jordan Peel, Well, you know there was a segment where Vlad had showed an interview where Russell Simmons had described them and basically said, Hollywood didn't pick it such and such and such and this is how they And I was saying based on my experience with them, especially was when they were with Mad, especially Jordan's keek, and you could always see what it was.
Speaker 3: Talent wise, but Jordan was so quiet and he didn't really bring it like that. So I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: Really his superpower was writing and directing, and I just said that, you know, listen, I.
Speaker 3: Said, yes, they are black men, black by pigmentation.
Speaker 8: But you know, just because we got this skin tone don't always make you what this skin tone is. And they were very white washed, but they just you know, the difference between just because you're a black man, ye brother, you know what I'm saying, They didn't really have a lot of brother to them. And then I'm like they both married the white women and they carried themselves some way. And but listen, that was it. This is an observation that happens to exist. And I know a lot of people in the comments will go, what defines black?
Speaker 3: Let's not play that game.
Speaker 8: We know what defines Yeah, it's a rhythm, it's a culture, it's a feeling, it's a walk, it's a sound.
Speaker 6: But it's a difference between somebody that grew up in the hood and somebody grew up in the suburbs.
Speaker 3: They're still black, but they got a different up.
Speaker 8: I say all the time, I'm a Huxtable, ain't a good time, you know. I know there's a difference, but even the Huxtable, you could tell all the jazz vers doing the jazz hands evidence was just as authentic as the Huxtables. But we know this out there, and I'm gonna I'm gonna say one now. And and you had them on your show. I can't stand Larry Elders. I can't stand at coon Ass. I can't stand Kansas Owens, you know. And I love when Dave Chappelle referred to her as a brilliant idiot, because that's just what it is.
Speaker 3: Podcast. Yeah, I know too.
Speaker 8: She's articulate, she's intelligent, but use the wrong way, you know what I mean, just just just like you, you're intelligently dangerous, so you know. And and I don't here what Larry elder says. I've seen enough on him to where I go. Please, that's one of the most tap dancing. It's ask Kitchens in the game stop it now, you see, I'm trying. You pulled me back here trying to watch himself. Goddamn it, the natural happened. I've never seen that with Kean Peel though. Maybe but probably because they don't discuss politics. I don't know, well, I don't think they have to discuss politics. But again, and I know to the people that will sit here and go, I'm tired of black people trying to define blackness. Let's not play this game. You know, when you hang around somebody and you talk to him and there's a vibe and an energy, you know what that is. I'm just simply saying they never gave off that energy. And that was my observation. Whether one is to agree with it or not, that's neither here nor that. You know, it's funny about that people.
Speaker 9: There was a point where people felt like that about Dave early, early, early on, and you know what Chappelle's when I.
Speaker 8: Heard that, that was only because Dave hadn't like a lot of black comedians. Dave's route was more rooted in doing stuff that white people saw that black people didn't really see. But once Dave did, the Chappelle Show came late to the Dave party. Dave was always that but black for instance, like Martin shoe Martin, that's that's.
Speaker 3: Biblical in the black Yeah, that shit was biblical, right.
Speaker 8: They didn't have that accessibility to black people the way Martin did, but Dave was always one thousand percent. And then once Chappelle's show came out, Oh, we'll win it now they late to the party, but real comics and really, you know, Dave've always been that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what so Comic View then and now, like, how do you feel about it being rebooted?
Speaker 8: And how the same way I felt about Death Jam, being like you know that and that was something the explosion. And obviously Death Jam came before Comic View. And I tell people this all the time. What made death Jam so explosive and it was it was inevitable, was because prior to Death Jam, Hollywood only allowed one decade, you know, Gregory in the sixties, Prior in the seventies, Eddie and the A's in black talent had always been out there, we just weren't allowed to shine like that. So once America got a chance to see a thousand at once, it was an explosion. Then follow behind that Comic View. But the genie's out the bottle now, so I don't know how you captured that what was special then now on TV on TV and now you got this thing which is a thousand other options, you know, and and and you know when you did Depth Jam or Comicview, you got on there because you earned your stripes. He was talented now everybody with this platform is a comedian and I'm just like, damn like this one on on Instagram on social media was the cereal on his head and the milk and the Walmart.
Speaker 3: Have you seen this?
Speaker 8: And he's like a pep coach, Like he goes in the Walmart and opens a whole box of cereal and dumps the entire thing of cereal and milk all over his body with a mask. Well, he's trying to get your attention. But while he does it, he's telling you, believe in yourself. What anybody tells you, believe in yourself, you can do it. And meanwhile, in the background, you got all these people in the store like what is this? And in the comments, people are going, yo, man, look past the milk and the message, get a message.
Speaker 3: And I'm going, somebody's gotta clean that. It's gotta clean that. That's not funny.
Speaker 8: And I said, if you really want to be impactful with that same energy and that same practice, do that at.
Speaker 3: A police station.
Speaker 4: Yeah, blease in his house, put the cereal in the milk.
Speaker 16: Do that at the police station, man. And to the people are saying, this is good. Not even come to your house and do that in your living room. Believe in yourself, and you got to clean up cereal and milk.
Speaker 6: All right, we got more with comedian airy spins when we come back as the Breakfast Club. Good morning warning everybody, it's DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Cholom and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with a comedian airy spins.
Speaker 3: Show them.
Speaker 9: Oh, tell you something about the nineties, man, because growing up in the nineties, it felt like people were not as sensitive as they are now.
Speaker 3: I'm not even talking about like.
Speaker 9: It was a great error, like and it felt like artistically people could do things like we talk about men on film, right, Like I've seen people give you, you know, flack for sketches that you've done, and I'm like, but that's how things were back then. You're judging things on this era. Back then that was normal, right, So it's like, what do you think happened? Even the black men wearing dresses and all of that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, again, social media, because everybody's got a voice. Everybody believes it. Because they have a voice, they should be heard. They're special. And the fact is everybody ain't special. Most people are dumb. Most people don't have talent. Most people, you know, they should be quiet, you know, and and everybody's got a chance now. And because of that, we have to protect and respect everybody's feelings and thoughts. So it's taken away from the purity of being able to just keep what's special special. You know, it's oversaturated, you know, it's horrible. Where did that come from?
Speaker 3: Though? Like, where did that pivot? Where did that shift happen to?
Speaker 9: Where, like the things that were being done in the nineties that were just funny, I guess when did that become like a thing where that black man sold out if he wore a dressed to get on You know.
Speaker 8: I don't know where This boogeyman theory has always existed within the black community about men in dresses when men in drag has always been a staple in comedy from day one. And my whole thing was listen, man again, let's have it in perspective. First of all, that is a comedic thing. And when you look at all the prominent black men in Hollywood, both comedians and dramatic actors, we have far more black men not in dresses than we do. And when you look at I could go down the list of Denzel, Sam Jackson, Van Raims, Wesley Snipes, and it's like, we've played everything from lawyers and judges to cops to superheroes, loving fathers, loving husbands, everything under the sun. How many of those have been in dresses? None of the dramatic actors. I mean, I know Wesley did too long food. Other than that, yeah, Denzel, this person, they ain't never been in the dress. But even the comedians who have, let's not play this game. It's like, if you're gonna tell me on one end, it's the mean black man. And so we now taking the glory away from Jamie Fox, Oscar Winners singer, one of the best actors in the game, because y'all loved him when he was Wanda you Love Martin and it was biblical Mama Payne, the Big Mama series. So do we take the legend of Flip Wilson and throw that away when he was on a show at a time when black people weren't on TV and he gave us a platform where we couldn't be seen. Do we take the iconic status away from Eddie Murphy? You know, the Clumps, Mama Clump, Rescusetts, Richard Bryan, the greatest comedian of all time is the as he made and the toy. So come on, man, let's let's not do that. And if any of these came to your city to perform, you ain't buying tickets. You going that's right, So stop it?
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: How do you make stand of special special?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 8: I just think it starts with the talent. If the talent is special, the rest takes care of itself. So I like that great quote by jay Z I forget the documentary when he performed at the guard uh back to the backstage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he said, just getting the boofly to thaw a crack like guard it.
Speaker 8: So you know, get on stage, do what you do, and that's gonna take care of everything else. He gave you the talent, so you know, use it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also say what makes some specials? Not giving them out? That just anybody?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's like I do like raw comedy.
Speaker 2: I do like styles from like back in the day, Like you know, I do like that, but when it seems like it's too commercial, like for instance, that last piece of that third piece of advice that you said, Chris gave me trying not to piss white people. If you can actually see that in a lot of black specials when they trying and tiptoe around stuff. I don't like that because then it doesn't allow you to be creative. And then what doesn't piss And it's not even just white people, it's all these different you know, communities. Now everything is so since everybody's so sensitive, because I really, at one point, like I really really wanted like a special and I'm not saying I don't now, but it's like, yo, you wanted to be special. I wanted to be special, and I don't want to water myself down just to get that.
Speaker 8: Well, I think number one, I think part of what makes a special too is you ain't got to pump out five specials in a month.
Speaker 3: You know, there's so many of these dudes on Netflix who got like then we just had one, they got another one.
Speaker 8: And I'm like Jada cooking the bird up. Slow cook it, slow man. And again this is the genius of Dave. Though, of all the specials he put out, the only one I really didn't like a lot was the one in the Belly Room. But all these other ones, but he did it at the comedy store, but it was just him in the belly room. But all the other ones were potent. But there's so many of these dudes who might not be as potent. But because the opportunity is there, where the money is there, they want to put these specials, you know, And I'm just like I would rather I would say, you know, put out fewer and make sure that the ones you put out of fire.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but I think they follow with Dave, because Dave puts out a couple specials. But Dave, like you said, it's funny, but Dave's.
Speaker 8: Dave, and I ain't a whole lot of mothers. Can can you know? Rock like that? You know, if he was still alive, I said, the only comic who could rival Dave is Patrese.
Speaker 9: So if Patrice hadn't passed or I'm mad I missed Patricia on the air, I mean I ran into him. I didn't see him on stage like I knew him from like he used to be on that Vage one show all the time, and like I.
Speaker 3: Would hear him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you saw a specialist though right in the room.
Speaker 8: I never saw that in the room, not in full, not in full, Oh God, Elephant in the room, his album, Mister p even his half hour Comedy Central special that Mother was a monster, and he liked, Dave, you're gonna say, You're gonna say you're not diluting this comedy cocaine, it's pure.
Speaker 3: You haven't done a special since what twenty sixteen? Uh? Netflix won for me? Is there a reason? Have they told you a reason?
Speaker 20: Just?
Speaker 3: You know again?
Speaker 8: You know, one thing about Hollywood is uh. And this is why I say, you know, no one does self investigation. It's very high school, you know clicks. You know, the gods sit with the gods, the preps, preps, jock jocks, and people don't take the time to go, hey, man, listen, I know what I heard, you know, perception. But let me holler at you, let me let me feel you out myself, and then they can go listen. I don't know what experiences those people had, but the vibe I'm getting you you're cool mother.
Speaker 3: No one does that and they go off of what they hear. You know, we had draw call Michael and he said he feels like comedy is a dying art form.
Speaker 8: You agree, well, I know his stance on Dave Chappelle didn't help it when he came out with that span and I listened comediically, if Dave was a musician, based on his style, his pace, his awareness, he's Miles Davis and always said you raw a Carmichael. He has a lot of that same rhythm. He's the loneliest monk. So I have a lot of respect for Carmichael. But when when when after he came out and then he trash Dave kind of for the for the transgender special, I was like, dude, you you're violating one of the biggest codes in comedy. You're putting your personal over the art. You know, this badge that we wear called comedy and this oath we've taken that comes before anything, and so you let your personal agenda and feelings.
Speaker 3: Come in front of the cold. You don't do that. Nah, he was wrong for that, now, you know. Lastly, I know that there was you was in the news about a couple of years ago.
Speaker 6: I felt like somebody was taking the old footage of you and taking it out of hand.
Speaker 3: Maybe not maybe with you and Tiffany had it. So what happened with that?
Speaker 8: If I can't get into that, you know what I'm saying I would love to because it's bothering me not to because on several lad appearances, you know, without fail, when you go to the comments, there's the comments man talking about everything but that, and I ain't never ran from nothing, you know what I mean. So I want to address it, but my lawyer is like, until this thing is finally put the bed, I just can't touch it.
Speaker 6: Understand well, Madison Square Garden May eighteenth to Hulu Theater.
Speaker 4: Get your tickets, and we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 3: Brother you and can I also part my podcast?
Speaker 8: Please spears in Steinberg available on all streaming platforms. Go to our YouTube channel Spearsburg Pod, hit like and subscribe or slide into my DMS.
Speaker 3: I'll give you the links chopping up with you.
Speaker 8: And as I always say, I know it's a lot of episodes, but start from the beginning. It matters comedically, contextually for characters, callbacks, jokes, and it's like masturbation and potato chips. Once you start the k stop, I guarantee you it's blue magic. You're gonna be hooked.
Speaker 6: Every spars is the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Morning, Everybody's dj n V Jess Hilaria charlamage to God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the message.
Speaker 4: News is real weather Hilarius, Jef car Robber Moore.
Speaker 2: Just don't do no line, don't do talk.
Speaker 4: She don't stand nobody talk world wid Jess worldwide matters.
Speaker 3: On the Breakfast Club. She's the coaches Ship.
Speaker 12: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something.
Speaker 4: That nobody could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Jez backtracks for custody requests of his daughter so earlier this month. Initially, he requested primary custody of his daughter because of Jeanie's busy schedule.
Speaker 4: However, he's changed his mind.
Speaker 2: Genie is now no gz is now seeking to split custody of their daughter Monaco with Genie. In the new motion, he said he's hardly seen his daughter since entering an informal custody agreement with Genie last year. He said that uh, He said that since Jeannie and Monica moved out of the home after divorce, well it's not final. But after all of that, he often don't know where his daughter is, which breaks their custody agreement. But I honestly feel like if she moved out, like if we just want to look a little closer, just to be honest, like like that can be taken so many ways because he if the.
Speaker 3: Daughter is with her, he's not required.
Speaker 4: Every single place, that is, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I noticed stuff is designed, you know, when you are fighting for custody and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: He did add that he is blocked.
Speaker 2: From Jo's phone, so we can't know from a phone, so we can't even FaceTime his daughter. And he added that she is keeping their daughter from him because he owns a gun. Documents say that Genie's rash decision to vacate the marital residents and essentially take the minor shout away from her father was clearly not in the miners the miners are best interest. But so allegedly, you know, she's in her you know, I'm saying these in my words, civil words. She she's in her feelings. But also she still, I guess, has the right to fill away because he does.
Speaker 4: Own a gun.
Speaker 11: And you know.
Speaker 9: That's something she's amusing now because you know they're not together anymore. She was in that house probably with the guns as well.
Speaker 3: And safe. He's a Southern man. Why wouldn't you have guns in his house? Wait all day, baby, all day. But divorce is a message, okay, so that's all it is. This is just mess.
Speaker 6: But the only person that wins in divorces like this. So the attorneys, the lawyers that are getting paid and keep billeting and keep billeting. The sad part about it, there's all that money that they're spending on lawyers on both sides can go to that baby, can make sure that baby is straight off. You know, that's just money that does need to be spent because on doing is going back and forth, back and forth, and these things could take years.
Speaker 2: They could and a lot of money, like you said, But you know, I just start to notice about Genie and jeez, what they're starting to look so much alike.
Speaker 3: You said that because you saw, you said you saw last night.
Speaker 4: I certainly did. I did, and I and you know, he give a little Asian, just a little bit like I don't know what you say.
Speaker 2: Because he got the chinky eyes, he got the tight skin, and he you know, it's like get it, I swear. And then when you have a child that looked like both of y'all equally. That child makes y'all look alike too. That's so crazy anyway, I don't know I'm gonna get to the bottom of that, because what if they really not matters?
Speaker 9: Well, maybe they just spend so much time together. You know, they said, when couples men a lot of time together, they start to look like, I don't.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna tell me Geez looks like an Asian woman, now, I we're not.
Speaker 3: Gonna do.
Speaker 2: All right, Well Genie looked like a black man, then that's what you say. Don't try to say I say an Asian woman. Anyway, Whendy Williams already demands that her husband ex I mean that ex husband, Kevin Hunter, returns one hundred and twelve thousand dollars overpaid divorced settlement. So Kevin was positioned in the course that he hadn't received Severn's payments since twenty twenty one. However, Sabrina, who is the Guardian, said that Wendy's income had dropped significantly when she stopped doing the Wendy Williams Show, so therefore the same payments should not be old sam. However, Hunter was paid through January of twenty twenty two, so they stopped in like October twenty one, so twenty twenty one, so that was three months that he got paid for that that slip past the Guardian since Kevin was not supposed to be paid for those three months, they're now demanding the money back.
Speaker 3: And that was in no day. That's the Guardian probably who is the Sabrina person? Why they don't talk to her?
Speaker 4: I know Sabrina, you know so, yeah she is, you know that.
Speaker 2: But the three payments of thirty seven thy five hundred adds up to the one hundred and twelve thousand, so.
Speaker 4: And they try to get that money back.
Speaker 5: Did not get that money?
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 2: It's already spent every time about yo, where my other money at because I'm broke.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's not. They're not getting a bed and greater news. This is congratulations news.
Speaker 2: Ashanti announces that she's pregnant and engaged to Nellie Beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like she let us slip out though, like she was announcing the baby, but she let the engagement part slip out, which was so cute because she told essence, motherhood is something that I've looked forward to and sharing this with my family, fiance and loyal fans who have been so supportive of my career. It's an amazing experience. So this will be Ashanti's first child and Nelly's fifth child.
Speaker 9: We wish a shanty nothing but a successful delivery of that baby.
Speaker 4: And she was a thing on stage just as pregnant as she want to be.
Speaker 9: I hope Nelly and a Shanta get married. Okay, Yeah, I hope they have more kids if.
Speaker 3: They want them.
Speaker 9: Beautiful couple they are yesterday, and Ashanti has inspired a lot of people people right now, a lot of people are thinking about getting back with that ex.
Speaker 3: Boo and you know, having the happily ever after, you know ending.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's gonna work for y'all, but it works for Nelly and Ashanti.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm gonna say I think people should just stop looking at other.
Speaker 4: People as goals.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because we don't know these things, right, What God has for you, What God has for you? What God had for Nelli and Ashanti? Will God have Elli and Ashanti?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's that's not might might not be in your cause, okay, all right?
Speaker 2: And in other news, Charlemagne needs more headphones, new ones. I cannot take my performance serious. Why because just looking at you, looking at dumb like that, like I hate that, and you are very handsome.
Speaker 3: Man. I've been looking dumb since you know me. But no, you don't be.
Speaker 4: Looking at dumb.
Speaker 2: Now we've got the fresh air cut and you shine that low head up. What I was thinking about other day, you're the first time to come out in the weather is popping, right.
Speaker 4: I was like, what if Seldo may on a convertible, right, and.
Speaker 2: I know that I hear it be sizzling because the sign yo, the sign can yo, and his hey be having so.
Speaker 4: Much grease on that head.
Speaker 9: I can't wait till you have that, baby, you can start smoking weed again. You think when you do too much thinking, that's what I thought you'd be happy. Yeah, I wonder if it got a convertible and he converted.
Speaker 4: I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I did just get some new headphones. Loss brought me some new headphones.
Speaker 4: He did, Okay, well, good because I can't deal with that. It's hanging.
Speaker 3: But I gotta.
Speaker 9: I gotta do the rest of the show and these I'm gonna do the rest of the week in needs. I'll switch to the new headphones next week.
Speaker 4: You want to struggle so bad?
Speaker 3: That's right, right, that is you gotta feels Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's just for the best of the second hours.
Speaker 3: Now, Charlamage, who are giving that donkey two man for after the hour?
Speaker 9: We need John Tey Porter to come to the front of the congregation. This is such a teachable moment. This man has been banned from the NBA for life. We'll tell you why when we come back. We'll discuss all.
Speaker 5: Right, and then after that we do just fix my mess.
Speaker 6: So if you're having relationship problems and issues and you need to talk to just whatever your question may be, get on the phone line right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred and five eight five one, five to one. Donkey to Day's up next.
Speaker 3: The breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same. Donkey up today?
Speaker 5: Maybe damn he hogged.
Speaker 3: It's time for donkey k I mean trying to beat donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these things.
Speaker 4: Called donkey of the day, And it really caught me off guard. Damn Charla Man who got the donkey of the day today.
Speaker 9: Boom, Well, Jeff Larry's donkey today for Thursday, April eighteenth goes to former NBA player at Johns A.
Speaker 3: Porter.
Speaker 9: The reason I say former is because yesterday we found out that he got banned from the NBA for life after an investigation reveals he violated lead gambling rules. Let's go to ESPN for the report.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 10: The NBA has leveled a lifetime ban on the Toronto Raptors Johnte Porter for his involvement in gambling. The league's investigation found everything from limiting his own participate patient in games, sharing confidential information with known betters, and betting on as many as thirteen NBA games himself, including betting the Toronto Raptors to lose. And I think even more damning for the NBA is that this remains an open investigation.
Speaker 3: The league has turned over their.
Speaker 10: Fightings their findings to federal authorities. This may not be the end of this pro but Johntay Porter leveled with a lifetime ban from Commissioner Adam Silver today.
Speaker 9: Now let me put this in perspective. Paint the picture. Johontay Porter is twenty four years old. He wasn't a star in Toronto. It probably would have never been a star, but according to the Toronto Raptors, they had high hopes for him and felt that eventually he would have developed into a solid backup center for Toronto. The Raptors said, if he would have stayed healthy, he would have probably been back with the organization. They said he provided some defensive mobility with an adequate passer for a backup big man, and had some flaw spacing ability. The Raptors said it's entirely possible he could have landed a minimum contract worth for about two point one million dollars.
Speaker 3: Now the NBA.
Speaker 9: Right, let's talk about the NBA for a second. It's such an exclusive club. Do you know how many things in your life have to go right for you in order to make it to the NBA. Number one genetics, Okay, you have to hit the lottery in the genetic gene pool in order for the NBA to be a possibility.
Speaker 3: Jon Tay Porter is six foot ten.
Speaker 9: I did some research, and by research I mean google five eight is the worldwide average among men in regard to the height. Six ten is so rare that it's literally one in a million, one in a million people are six foot ten. And if you six ten and never played any type of basketball, then your nickname should be top shelf, okay, because that's all you're good for, getting stuff off the top shelf. Your height is one in a million, so God gave you a physical gift that you really can't do much with other then play basketball. If you six ten and never played basketball, you just a twizzler okay, long for no damn reason, and you look pretty.
Speaker 3: Stupid doing anything else.
Speaker 9: When you six foot ten, okay, coconut long boy, and people see you anywhere else other than a basketball court, they just assume something went wrong. Okay, you're just too tall to do anything. You're too tall to be a mechanic. You're too tall to be a software developer. You wouldn't be able to sleep well on a flight, okay if your pilot was six foot ten. Can you imagine if you saw a six foot ten pilot, all right, daddy, long legs would drive you crazy, okay, thinking about what is he doing with his legs in that cockpit. I'm just trying to explain to you how rare being six foot ten is. Okay, one in a million. And then just to make it to the NBA. There is only five hundred and sixty players in the NBA. Think about how few that is, Okay, think about how rare it is to make.
Speaker 3: It to the league. Five hundred and sixty players.
Speaker 9: Only one point two percent of college players make it from college to the NBA. So usually the path is college to the NBA. And look how difficult that is. Johntay Porter's path was even more difficult. Difficult, okay. He did one season at Missouri, was named to the twenty eighteen SEC All Freshman Team, one SEC six Man of the Year, tore both his ACL and MCL in the scrimmage game, missed his sophomore season while rehabbing the injury. Still decided to enter his name into the twenty nineteen NBA draft and God blessed him with an opportunity to, you know, get signed by the Grizzlies. He went undrafted, but he got signed by the Grizzlies in twenty twenty, but he didn't play while rehabbing from the ACL. The Grizzlies re signed him to a multi year contract. He ended up getting a waived, then spend time in the G League, then signed a two way deal with the Raptors. You know, when he played for the Grizzlies, he made two point three million dollars over three seasons. Do you hear how difficult it was for him to make it to the NBA And he's not even the first in his family to do it.
Speaker 3: That's how you know it's kind of destiny, right.
Speaker 9: His brother Michael Porter, junior NBA World champion for the Denver Nuggets averages sixteen and seven this year, got a five year, one hundred and seventy nine million dollar contract. So Jonte has a blueprint for this, Okay, there is a role model for him and all of this. All he had to do is continue to do what he's been doing, which is work. You've been working hard your whole entire life, working hard to get to a certain point, only to blow a potential multi million dollar opportunity for ten dollars an hour.
Speaker 3: But that's all he got.
Speaker 9: He got twenty one thousand dollars was the payout right from the gambling, So twenty one thousand dollars a year, that's about ten dollars an hour. Johntay, if you was old on your last legs in the league, you done played about thirteen fourteen seasons. I would be like whatever, I might even understand. But you twenty four in a league where you don't even have to do much to get paid nowadays except be tall, and now you're about to be in this world tall for no damn reason, just out here looking like you're ready to kidnap clouds because you got banned from the NBA for life.
Speaker 3: Now, salute the Bonzi Wells and Rashid Wallace.
Speaker 9: They were talking about this situation on the Rashid and Tyler Show and they absolutely gave John Tay the credit he deserves for being stupid.
Speaker 3: So let's hear it in the words of Charlemagne to God, he got donkey. He's a donkey. That m m M.
Speaker 9: Life is about choices, y'all. Okay, Destiny is not a matter of chance. It's a matter of choice. I tell you all this all the time. One poor choice can ruin everything. And he made a poor choice.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, thank you for that donkey today, well deserved. Yes, indeed, all right, now when we come back, just fix my mess. If you need relation, if you have a relationship problems, you need some advice.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five five fast sound when she talked to y'all. Noticed it last breaking.
Speaker 4: Sound like that?
Speaker 5: Yes, my goodness, just something that breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: That's about me. For relationship problems, that's about me. If you need to beat your coworker's ass, about me. If your coworker needs to beat your ass, call it up to Jess, and I'm here to fix your mask.
Speaker 3: Fix your mask.
Speaker 4: He's giving very much mess. He let me fix that.
Speaker 6: Wanting everybody your DJ Envy, Jess, Hilary, Charlamagne, the God, we are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get to Jes fix my mess. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 21: Am Naya?
Speaker 13: Just my question is I got to give you a little background. I've been in a relationship for about a year and do that year. It's been good, but I've been having some baby mama drama with one of his baby mothers. I've stayed in a relationship and dealt with it because she lived in Georgia, states away. But now she's moving to Jersey and I really feel like.
Speaker 4: It's a problem.
Speaker 13: Should I be worried about this or not?
Speaker 4: What are the problems that you had from her?
Speaker 13: She still wants him?
Speaker 4: Oh, she still wants He's aware of that. He knows that obviously. Yep. Has he showed you in any way that he wants her still? Or like, how does that? How's that?
Speaker 13: So she plays the whole baby game. She punishes him with the baby, so he's clean, he plays along because of her baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I don't really appreciate that type of behavior from the father because just like women are quick to take a man to court, a man can take a woman to court as well.
Speaker 4: And courts don't play.
Speaker 2: Games, you know what I mean. So I don't understand. Have you ever bought that uptown? Like why don't you just go through the courts?
Speaker 13: So I definitely have, but I ignored it because I'm like, she's away.
Speaker 2: I understand, but now you're here. Now she's moving to Jersey. She already moved to Jersey, Yeah she did.
Speaker 13: She just randomly popped up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So I feel like he knew that. I feel like I feel like he knew. It wasn't random, he knew she was coming.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think the baby game can only be played if you if the if the guy is still slightly entertaining what's going on? You know, what I'm saying, like or because if he didn't want anything to do with her but love his child and don't want anything to mess up the relationship with his child, he will go through the courts like you you can't you, you can't do that. He has to slightly enjoy this, this attention that he get from her. Like I'm not saying he wants to be with her, but he liked. I mean, it's not bothering him. It's bothering you more than it's bothering him. That's a problem. So I feel like if that don't change, it's only been a year and it could be five more of that, right, and you love him, don't you?
Speaker 4: Like real big?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 14: I do?
Speaker 11: I know?
Speaker 2: But yeah, that if that don't change, bab, she already had shame moving back, and he ain't trying to make her either, and like I said, it ain't taking legal actions.
Speaker 4: So I feel like you know what to do if if it don't change?
Speaker 13: Right, Okay, that was my question.
Speaker 4: I just need I got you.
Speaker 6: I know that's the right girl. All right, check in with me, let me know, all right, luck, Mama, all right, call her up right now?
Speaker 3: Just fix my mess. Eight hundred five eight five.
Speaker 6: If you need relationship prop if you haven't relationship problems and you need some help, Jess is here to help you.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, It's real.
Speaker 3: Tell you help me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm all up in your mess.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna fix it, mix it, fix it, fix it, just gonna fix your mess because my advice is real.
Speaker 6: Morning everybody, It's j n V Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We're in the middle of just fix my mess. And who do we have on the line?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 11: This is Joe.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's that meant?
Speaker 8: No question?
Speaker 7: So this is my question. So it's to leave a marriage if you got married for the wrong reason and you've had enough of the marriage. Example, I've been married for three years twenty eighteen. I was shot multiple times. I survived.
Speaker 3: I wanted to air.
Speaker 7: I wanted to see in order for me to have that seed. You know, my wife told me, well my life now, she told me she wasn't, you know, having no kids without being married. So that's what I did. I married her, I had my daughter. Now I have my daughter I'm kind of done with the marriage now, isn't it okay?
Speaker 3: N What the hell?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I love your honesty first of all, but it was built on a lie kind of so you kind of you married her just for a baby, like you know, it was plenty of women out there that would give you a baby without marriage, right and if you really wasn't in it for her, you know, because she seems like she entered the marriage for the right reason. She wanted a husband and she wanted a family, or she would have never made you marry. She would have never, you know, said I'm only having a baby when I'm married. This sounds like a woman who had her mind made up about family. You just wanted a kid. It's so many women who have kids without requiring marriage ever, like that was unfairly. I do think that you need to leave the marriage and give her her life back. You can't undo what you did because that's the whole life that y'all created. But holding her basically hostage in the marriage or leading her on, does she know what you feel like this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Dan, another issue, that's another issue. I'm trying to leave, but I can't like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you're gonna have to pay for that, buddy, I don't know what you Yeah you that. Yeah, that's your karma because you because it and it came back to bite you, right, your is because yeah, I mean I wouldn't I wouldn't want to be with you if you told me that, like, because that as honest as it is, I can respect it. But I wouldn't even want to be with you if you told me that, like, nah, I'm good then you know, and I would just end up being figuring out how to co parent. But to answer your question, yeah, it's I think it is okay to leave a marriage if you if you got into it for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 4: I just don't like the way you did it. That was messed up. But this is your kar myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, all right, no problem.
Speaker 6: All right, dangn just fix my mess. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. Now when we come back, we got just with the mess. Celebrity news. What are we talking about?
Speaker 4: A bunch of throwaways stories? Basically?
Speaker 2: You know, I say throwaway when it's like stuff that shouldn't be news, But I still got to do them because the ain't nothing else going on.
Speaker 9: When she tied and the baby, start the pressure. Put that pressure on her top part of her stomach. That's when she do that too, don't we.
Speaker 2: Try and clean it up when it ain't supposed to be stuff reported? But I gotta report something because I gotta do it three times a day.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the breakfast club. It's already raining outside. Man, just look, said this is a song. You look outside when this song playing and it's raining, it's appropriate.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Well, you'd be talking about snooze all the time, and then now we give you another banger, and now you're talking.
Speaker 3: About you heard what I pulled double listening to this morning?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What what was it? Larn you about? God is good? I dare you to say something negative? I'm not, I'm not all right. Well, let's get to jest with the mess with the breakfasts. Just robbing Moore. Just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 5: Nobody.
Speaker 3: Why why on the breakfast club. She's a coaching ship.
Speaker 12: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 3: Could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 2: Adrian Brauner swiftly rejected after shooting the shot at Coiler Ray during I G Live.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that somebody rejected his ass. I can't stand the weed and talk.
Speaker 3: The women's you said, he talked to you crazy one time, right, he.
Speaker 4: Was a clown.
Speaker 2: Like when it came out that I was pregnant, he was like, congratulations, match. I'm like, unless you're from Baltimore, nigga, do not play with me like that.
Speaker 3: Where did they be from? I forgot, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It don't matter, it really don't matter. But he's a clown.
Speaker 3: I'm the congratulation.
Speaker 4: So he's black flas so crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but only people from Baltimore can talk to me like that, Like that's how it is, like you're not from there.
Speaker 3: I never heard Baltimore say they say dummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we say dummy, but we say like little bet, we say that okay a lot. But yeah, he said, I can't say that on the radio now, a little bet. I don't know you was looking like it was too harsh.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just listening to you off from Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Haw whatever anyway, oh lord. Podcast podcast alert listen up. Charla Mane Memphis Bleak announced his podcast series Rock solid well black effect its open.
Speaker 3: Or that's gonna be on the Drink Champs podcast network.
Speaker 2: Okay, well another podcast in the world. Nice Zenda says, I don't know if you for you will return. It's beyond me. Yes, lead that girl alone.
Speaker 4: She's just the star of the show. She is not the showrunners.
Speaker 3: And they too old.
Speaker 9: Now by the time that sho coat, you cannot be in high school no more. It would have to jump like five six years. Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Zakashi six nine call cards and other items sees from Florida home by I R S Agents, So that means hang out, no money or something.
Speaker 6: I don't know what they mean that he got outstanding billy, oh wow.
Speaker 4: So so do a lot of other people.
Speaker 3: So I'll be wondering about that though.
Speaker 9: And I think I really do be thinking about people because everybody's making a new kind of money now, but it's the same old money.
Speaker 3: They're just making it in different ways. So you have people making money.
Speaker 9: Off these podcasts and YouTube and everything else, and patreons and everybody bragging about how much money they got.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, what are they paying they taxes?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: And that's I think about that quite often, and the sad thing about it.
Speaker 6: A lot of these people, it's different forms, like you said, So when it comes in and they deposit their amounts, they can go back three, four or five years and then they just go on you account, but be like, well, what's this deposit for?
Speaker 3: You ain't pay taxes? You owe me? What's this deposit for? You ain't pay taxes, you owe me?
Speaker 6: And then when you ain't got it because it might not be working anymore, like Takashi was the last time Takashi put out a record time he went.
Speaker 3: On the road.
Speaker 4: He's also seen giving away a lot of money too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I hope text that's all I can tell you.
Speaker 2: Kayla Lillard, the Strange wife of NBA starred Damian Lillard, comments on Glowylla's recent arrest, posting her her muck shot pictures, saying free glow Lillard hashtags sister wife. She was laughing at it, So baby, this actually lets us know one or two things. Either y'all are sharing him or you just confirmed that she took your man and you made about it either way.
Speaker 3: Wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she also laughed and all of that and put emo' just be meaning something else when a woman put it, you know, coming out, but he filed for divorce.
Speaker 4: Let's just keep that out backpack.
Speaker 5: Maybe she was upset because remember globally shot.
Speaker 3: She didn't like it.
Speaker 4: It was like like a hand half, you know, And Gloriala was like, I don't care who it is, I want them. Yeah, so this is the I mean, she home now, so don't matter. You're posting the picture like she's still in it all right.
Speaker 2: Twenty one savage only rapper make only rapper to make one what twenty one savage only rapper to make times one hundred Most Influential People of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Lists twenty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but just adick a little deep. But who are people making these lists?
Speaker 2: And then twenty twenty four is not even were only in April, We got like eight more months.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what is going on? Oh my good boy. Maybe that's for twenty Maybe that's the people for twenty twenty three. I don't know how they do that.
Speaker 2: But he made the twenty twenty four list, but I know they said burn a Boy actually wrote about him, But burn a Boy not even from over here.
Speaker 9: Asian Wolfson made that list too, dropping the clues bombs for soide Carolina Asia Wilson Place for Las Vegas Stations.
Speaker 3: She made the list as well.
Speaker 2: No, not just a US list right as a it's just as one hundred influential ps worldwide. Russell Simmons and Lisa Ray McCoy spent the little quality time quality time together and BALI. They were saying at dinner, look what they could be friends or whatever. They speculating that they I will be together. First of all, it's too old for us to kere. It don't matter, like whatever, if they've seen together be together.
Speaker 9: You know that place is a wellness retreat though, like, yeah, Russell Simmons has a wellness retreat out.
Speaker 4: There, But my thing is either way, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I get here.
Speaker 4: They was just seeing at dinner how our people.
Speaker 3: I think people at the retreat that Russell owns. I don't know that for sure, but that seems like Plushia was just there right like what yah?
Speaker 9: Maybe they're doing yoga and meditation and life and this is it's a way to go mentally decompress.
Speaker 2: And if you want to see if you see Russell Simmons like hey, what's up, Let's take a picture. You know, Rihanna talks are nine. She said, I already got stuff that I feel I can make hits out of. Girl, don't got an album. Make me out of a lion, please, She been lying and playing for years. Polo G says drugs and liquor helped me cope with pain, but I need better vices.
Speaker 3: So look.
Speaker 2: One of his fans said, I thought you said you don't use drugs no more, and he said, mfi, I stopped and.
Speaker 4: Started again, and then then he said I know.
Speaker 2: But then he says, still to this day, I haven't popped a perk for the respect for my brother, but it's a lot of other drugs out here.
Speaker 3: Game.
Speaker 4: This is my thing.
Speaker 2: If you're so aware, right, if you're so aware, how are you still so easily to get into drugs and you're so aware to know you need other vices.
Speaker 4: And you haven't popped.
Speaker 2: You're skipping over perks out of respect for your brother, but you gonna go to everything else like yo, he's aware.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And that's that's actually the first step, right, because there's ways to start a healing journey. Number one, you do have to acknowledge and accept your pain. So as you said, just if you're aware that you're going through selling. If you're aware that you're dealing with some pain, then you need to set some new intentions and goals to deal with that pain. And that intention goal can be to go get some alcohol and go get some lookuy, you need to take your ass to therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're skipping over perks. No, no perk because I say, I told my brother no, not themn MA hand me that over.
Speaker 3: There, like no, yeah, brother's doing everything except for going to therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Nielongs says, y'all got me about to cut my hair again.
Speaker 3: Okay, what happened?
Speaker 2: No, she was just reminiscent on how good she looked back in the day, which she still looked at now. But she she looked good back in the day with that shortcut, so she's thinking about getting it again.
Speaker 4: But they reported it like it was like, oh Nia Long about to cut her head.
Speaker 3: WHOA okay, man, people got content to feel just like you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is it right here, This is it me feeling it. That was just with the mess.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jess.
Speaker 6: Now the People's Choice mixes up next, get you requested. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Warning everybody, It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, CHARLAMAGNEA God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. Now, Jess, You're gonna be in Louisville.
Speaker 2: Yes, Louisville, Kentucky, the first weekend of May at the Louisville Comedy Club.
Speaker 4: Make sure y'all get yall tickets.
Speaker 2: We got four shows, two shows on Friday, two shows on Saturday, A seven fifteen and a nine thirty. If I'm not mistaken, get up on that website. You can also find tickets at Ess Hilario's official dot.
Speaker 4: Calm y'all. Yes, I'm stepping out and.
Speaker 2: I'm gona be even bigger but better shorty when I get up on that stage, y'all, so make sure y'all look for me in Louisville.
Speaker 14: Definitely bigger because she'd be six months then yep, just wait and then yep, like I mean, you're gonna be bigger because baby, I'm not talking about wait, I'm talking about baby.
Speaker 4: Wait, thank you, But I've meant a bigger comedian.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna be big?
Speaker 2: You're gonna be wide because when you get up there, like y'all.
Speaker 4: A hell, that's crazy. Get your ticket show.
Speaker 3: All right when we come back. We got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is st J n V, Jesse, Larry and Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a salute to Airy Spears for joining us today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, salute to the good brother Airy Spears. He'll be uh headlining. He'll be doing the show with the Hulu Theater on May eighteenth. You know that at MSG, So go get your tickets for that if you haven't already. Man, all right now you got a positive Nope, I do, but I'll want to tell people make sure that you go get your tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening Saturday April twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, April yep, twenty seventh week. I can't wait till a coming because I'm sick of here you say that every day.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't believe it's next week. I'm like, damn, that came fast.
Speaker 9: But next week, April twenty seven, go get your tickets at have been bright dot com all Black Effect dot com, h slash Podcast Festival. Slue to everybody that's listening to us on ninety six point one. Now tell people, okay, because I'm tired of y'all being in the comments sending me pictures of one oh five point three talking about, oh my god, you're not on there anymore.
Speaker 4: Keep clowning everybody who they hear like, who is this?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear this.
Speaker 4: I'm like your ninety six point one point one.
Speaker 9: Why they don't run commercials on one o five point three at least saying hey them, no, we're no longer ninety one five point three.
Speaker 3: If you want to hear that stuff, go to ninety six point one. But they got billboards and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Now, okay they do like they got I think it's like three of them in Atlanta. Okay, yeah, so that's what's up.
Speaker 9: But the positive noticed simply this, Absolutely no one is oblig hated to help your big grown ass.
Speaker 3: Appreciate what people do for you. Have a blessed breakfast club for y'all, dump and gain.
Speaker 18: You can let you fly, ain't bed if you gotta bry big guns and a lot of zip passed.
Speaker 3: So she looked like me and quit lying.
Speaker 4: Stop don't stop stop stop stop stop stop we're gonnas gonna kill every part, and now till.
Speaker 18: We're gonnas gonna kill deeper every part, and till now tell.
Speaker 4: Only so my heart is another bed.
Speaker 18: I want my non theo.
Speaker 6: Have you wanted new pan because you.
Speaker 18: Ain't no pretty face for the barbbida. Another year, another fence.
Speaker 3: Slim stop.
Speaker 15: Stop stop stop, don't stop those tire those start those fire.
Speaker 18: You gonna spending kill here deeper every part, and telling now telling.
Speaker 4: We's gonna kill here deep every part, and telling now telling you I ain't trying to be buddie.
Speaker 18: I'm a mons a million dollar home. Hello Poyson and got yo back Washington brooks bad finds back, give me kissing at a little mah get stupid than a robot. Another year, another fence lumpore.
Speaker 3: By those those start those fine.
Speaker 18: You gonna spend to kill street peers pay street and.
Speaker 3: Telling now tell you.
Speaker 4: We don's gonna kill street Street and you.
Speaker 20: Tell now, ro whoa better than that? My feeling is catching down in. I'm like, but you get jealous?
Speaker 4: Got them little videos for they gotta one five just throw my money.
Speaker 20: It's so hard.
Speaker 3: I'm like domd.
Speaker 21: Sage way more than to count worth way more than when she got the drunk in the truck.
Speaker 20: It's the one cut. I don't get it to my custins mind because they slide in the bike. You can't kill de business.
Speaker 3: You're kicking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: eBay Motors is here for the ride, with the parts you need, for the prices you want, and with e Bay Guaranteed Fit. They're guaranteed to fix your ride the first time, every time, or your money back. Keep your ride or die alive at ebaymotors dot com.
Speaker 3: Eligible items only. Exclusions apply the Breakfast Club. The Positive Note is brought to you by Lincoln Tech, Trained for careers and auto skilled trades and more. Ad linkin Tech Mom, I got the job in Manhattan.
Speaker 4: Do you have a warm enough winter coat? What about your car?
Speaker 3: I'm selling it with Kelly Bluebook Incident cash Offer.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: I entered by license plate number Miles