Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that is pumped for the new grocery store innovation that he's bringing to the public's starting next year. Forget Whole Foods, head on over to swol Foods, where the veggies and fruits are all injected with illegal growth hormones, so they're seven times as big as normal. Man, you're gonna need two hands for that grape. With laser stories, I'm gonna eat a warm walk into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do I imagine a banana with biceps?
Speaker 1: It's like James and the giant peach fro. It's a segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other thickleberries. Just This first lazer story is out of Brazil, a thirty seven year old woman named Lena Oliveraz facing serious charges after she wheeled her very dead uncle into a bank weekend at Bernie's Style and tried to take out thirty four hundred dollars in his name.
Speaker 2: Today, no one will notice. He just always smells.
Speaker 1: Like that beg teller got it on video. According to him, the man was no longer with us, clearly, very obviously, but the niece kept talking to him like he was alive. She even had to hold his head up the entire time and move his hand to right. That is sick.
Speaker 2: Maybe she just thought he was a deep sleeper, you know.
Speaker 1: The teller said his skin tone looked off and that he was oddly quiet. Yeah, but the woman claimed he's just like that. He doesn't like to say much anything. Well, employees got suspicious and called the cops, who showed up and arrested her. Oh my gosh, did the grandpa get arrested?
Speaker 2: Tell me he died of natural causes.
Speaker 1: The man she brought in was identified as a sixty eight year old who apparently died several hours earlier. It's not even clear if she's really his niece, but the woman could face charges for fraud, embezzlement, abuse of a corpse for all of the above.
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy that we have to put that as a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: As brazen as that sounds, this type of thing isn't unheard of. Just last month, two women in Ohio got arrested after they prop a dead guy up in their car, went to a bank's drive through and took out nine hundred dollars from his account.
Speaker 2: I thought you were just going to say and ushov Lan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, won't you be fine? This next lazer stories out of herpes and parties and spodies.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I don't want to go here, Jack.
Speaker 1: How can American University get more American?
Speaker 2: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Well, they just created a class called swift Anomics, which is, yes, a study of Taylor Swift's economic impacts. Oh my god, this legit?
Speaker 2: Does the professor I think they're going to know more than the students in this.
Speaker 1: In class, students will take a look at her business footprint, earnings from her Era's tour, her influence on Ticketmaster, and much more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, seriously, way to get kids into econ.
Speaker 1: One of the students who proposed the idea says, quote, Taylor is my hero, and if you think about it, Taylor is just so Taylor, and we should learn as much about Taylor as we possibly can't have.
Speaker 2: That wasn't as poetic Taylor Swift is.
Speaker 1: But no word un if they'll touch on Taylor's carbon footprint and her private jets impact on the economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mean on the environment and all that too.
Speaker 1: But in related news, Taylor's eleventh album drops the tortured poets department. Wow, imagine dating a girl who is a master's in Taylor Swift. Yeah, this next laser stories out of Italy. Most Americans have a hard time making it through a meal without pulling out their phones, even at a restaurant. But apparently some of us would gladly give that up if we got a discount. If you're traveling, bribe bus if you're traveling in Italy anytime soon. There's a new restaurant over there that's trying something kind of cool. They're giving diners a free bottle of wine if you give up your phone when you come in.
Speaker 2: What I would be.
Speaker 1: Easy for brook free bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: That's hay one the way. Anyway, I shouldn't be texting at that point. Two bottles of free wine.
Speaker 1: It's not just on the honor system. They'll actually put your phone into a box and lock it with a key, which they give to you.
Speaker 2: You have separation anxiety thinking about it, Jose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really do. I'm an alcoholic. You think I choose the wine, but no, I'm still choosing a phone. I'm a phone a haulic. Well, if you end up going there, giving up your phone is optional. You don't have to do it, okay, but with a generous perk like a bottle of wine. They say. The response has been very positive. Yeah, you a picture of your food, and most diners are taking them up on the offer. Although if you decide halfway through the meal you can't handle it anymore and unlock the box, alarms will sound and you will get charged for.
Speaker 2: Your want and shamed by everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of funny. I like the restaurant thought it would be a fun way to encourage diners to be more present with their companions, and it seems to be working.
Speaker 2: That's also this.
Speaker 1: Next lazer stories out of the interwebs. The cheating site Ashley Maadison dot com asks users to name other things they would be less likely to cheat on than their partner. O seventy seven percent to claim they were honest last Monday and would not cheat on their taxes.
Speaker 2: Was supposed to make us feel better about them or.
Speaker 1: Say they're not totally bad people. Other things cheaters say they would never cheat on. Eighty two percent of people say they never book an appointment with a different barber hairstylist. That does feel like cheating.
Speaker 2: They know too. They know when you go back in and they're like.
Speaker 1: That's not my haircut.
Speaker 2: I didn't cut.
Speaker 1: Eighty three percent said phone carrier.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't cheat on your phone carrier.
Speaker 1: Alexis promises to never quit on you. Cricket wire shout out. Eighty four percent of people say they would never quit on their favorite shoe brand, and eighty six percent said their political party.
Speaker 2: So this is where they draw the line, not their spouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have standards, broke, Okay. Eighty nine percent of people said they'd feel terrible if they tried a different therapist. Oh, it depends on how.
Speaker 2: Long you feel like it. If you're on Ashley Madison, the therapist isn't working because anyone.
Speaker 1: That way, unless you're cheating with therapists, didn't even think about that, and you have to pay for it. Probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And finally, ninety percent of the public would feel the absolute worst about cheating on their favorite sports team. Oh, oh, I would never, heay, I would never. You're a DieHarder. I am a diehard he But the thing is, that's a problem for this guy because in baseball, there's all these teams named after socks. Where are the teams named after shoes tops Detroit slides. He's hoping someday his team will come along the New.
Speaker 2: Mexico flip flops. Oh I like the Philadelphia stilettos.
Speaker 1: Come on, city, adopt one of these. That Souw means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Monday.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.