Speaker 1: Football season is over, but Travis Kelsey is keeping himself busy. Kelsey has landed his first TV gig. He's a new host of Amazon Primes game show Are You Smarter Than a Celebrity? Kelsey will be quizzing adults on six grade level topics for a chance to win one hundred thousand dollars in prize money.
Speaker 2: So here's a question. Do you think it'll be.
Speaker 1: A smooth transition for Kelsey from tight end to game show Hosteve?
Speaker 3: What you think?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, you could do it.
Speaker 1: He seems to have a great personality.
Speaker 2: He can do it.
Speaker 3: He being podcast, you know, down not great personality, you know. I tell you who has surprised me.
Speaker 2: Dwayne Wayne, Dwayne Wade cute. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he does really well on that show.
Speaker 1: Really okay, all right, well, congratulations to Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and I just never saw him in that light before. That's what I'm saying. I'm surprising he tells well that show.
Speaker 3: Man because he's like always was one of my favorite ball players, you know, I just never I love d Wade.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, all right, Well someone else who has surprised you from time to time? Your nephew, Tommy, right there, right, Tommy, you have big, big news to share with us about your show Ready to Love on the own network. So what do you have to tell us? Before you tell us, Dave, we need a drum roll.
Speaker 4: Please your favorite drum roll? Drum roll, drum roll. Get ready to get ready, Ready to love, Ready to love. Next time it's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It sounds like Philly to me. All right, Ready to Love is coming your way. So if you're looking for love, ready for love, all right, it is coming your way. Get signed up. Oh my god, coming to Philly. I can't wait. I will be bad man. Can I ask you a question? Yes, sir, just out of curiosity.
Speaker 3: Has anybody from the show over the years, like made it got married?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I got a couple that's gotten married. Yes sir. Wow. Yeah, it's working. It's working. It's working.
Speaker 1: Get your cheese steaks.
Speaker 2: Come on Philly next time.
Speaker 4: Next up is Philadelphia. I'll be filming in Philly this summer. You're looking for love, Philadelphia. All your single ladies out there, single man that's looking for love, y'all, get ready, man, because we come into town. Sound like Philly. Ready to love Philadelphia and.
Speaker 1: Make sure they're single.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna make sure that we have love come in.
Speaker 4: We have had some people come in for the interview, right and you and you're looking at them like, you know what, I think this person gonna work, that's gonna be all right, And then they.
Speaker 2: Say we need to hurry. I got to get back my wife and kids waiting on me. Quiet, a whole family. No, you married?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, well congratulations Tommy, you're doing a great job. We appreciate it and we love this. Yeah, yes, all right, Well moving on. This might be debatable. In a recent interview with People, actor Michael J. Fox said that celebrities that became famous in the nineteen eighties were tougher than present day celebrities in regard to being famous back then, Fox said, well, you had to be talented. That helped. We were tougher. We didn't have social media, we didn't have any of that crap. We were just famous, left to our own resources, and it was an amazing time. So she, having been a celebrity of a very long time, do you agree with him that celebrities from back then, back.
Speaker 3: In the day, I started at eighty five. I wasn't really a celebrity in eighty five. I just got started, so I would I didn't experience being a celebrity. Well I started building thinking about it, but I didn't really start being a celebrity. My first taste of celebrity was a showtime to the Apollo.
Speaker 2: That was the first.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was it was very light then compared to now, and there was no social media.
Speaker 2: That weren't no phone cameras, you know, so you know, it was just different.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, let me ask you this was it was he shading when he said, first of all, you had to have talent. Was that some shade?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I mean really, you know, it's just like music.
Speaker 3: H huh.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just like music.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, you had to really be able to sing. Man, you really had to have talent. One Now they got all the tunes, they got all these algorithms they put on you, and they would start then all these one hit wonders.
Speaker 2: Man, your ass had have it back then.
Speaker 3: You know now because of YouTube and uh Facebook and and and and live. YouTube got live Facebook Live, you got everybody got a TV show. Now, you know what I mean, people got podcasts because they think they should have a TV show, which brings you how many people don't need a damn TV show on podcast Seriously, Man's it's horrible out there.
Speaker 2: If you look at the landscape, y'all.
Speaker 3: I got a podcast, damn ain't they got that thing on every phone, that little triangle on every phone. Anybody can have a podcast, it's it's very few good podcasts.
Speaker 2: It's very few.
Speaker 3: And then it is exposed how people try to get their fame by shading somebody else. All these all these podcasts with all this negative content. You think that's the way. I don't know, did not Wendy Williams teach y'all nothing.
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: You have men?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, so Michael J. Fox may have something. Then they were tough.
Speaker 2: Male version of Wedy. I'd just be looking at you, like, man, what you doing. You gotta do it on Friday. You're gonna go and do it on fridaycause you.
Speaker 1: Got your own podcast, all right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up in twenty minutes after imagine getting a job as a pro basketball player and the team's mascot. The mascot makes more money than you. We'll talk about it, right After this, you're listening morning show