Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't give a.
Speaker 1: Busy listening to.
Speaker 5: Show to.
Speaker 1: Joy.
Speaker 5: Yahya Joy.
Speaker 1: They show.
Speaker 4: You gotta do that.
Speaker 2: Love turn.
Speaker 6: You gotta turn.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 8: I got to turn the mouth the turn you probably got to turn mouth Moud the monk. Come come on, you'll think, uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice, come on, dig me now what and only Steve Harvey got a radio show? Man? Oh man, almost forgot I had one this morning. But I'm okay. I'll tell you who I am in a little bit. You know, I get around. Man, it's so much. But man, good morning everybody. You know today. I was having a conversation with my wife last night and we were talking about our plans. You know, we often sit down, you know, just like a married couple. I mean, you know, you know we're married. You know, we have children, we have aspirations, we have hopes, we will I mean know, we have things we want. You know, when you're married, you know, I mean it's important to sit with your partner. I'm not telling you anything you don't know it's common sense. Really. It's important to sit down with the person that you've chosen and decided to share your life with it and have multiple conversations on a lot of things. And we try to make sure that all of our conversations aren't always just business related and always kid related, you know, because that that becomes it's a part of it. But it weighs so much on the marriage that because that's the grunt work of being married. You know, your children, your family, your bills, your your mortgage, your your car notes, you know the what's due, what's coming up, and if you're not careful, you'll you'll start that becomes the focal point of you all's conversation. And this woman or man or person that you've decided to have this life with, all of a sudden, they're an extension of your business and you guys become business partners or whatever and and just get so anywhere. I'm just saying that that is important to sit down and have these conversations, but it's even more important to have of the other conversation. You know, it's important with the person that you're planning on making the run with to sit down and talk about other things, you know, on a more upbeat note. You know, we were having a conversation and she was reminding me of what she loved about me, and then I, in turn, was turned around telling her the things that I admired about her and loved about her. And we kind of have these all the time, you know, when we sit down and we talk about the things that we still enjoy about one another, or we may talk about some of the things that we miss in one another, but we constantly have these conversations about appreciation. You know, it's so important, man, that the other person feels appreciated. So these things important. But we got into the conversation deeper last night, and I was telling her about this idea that I had and that I wanted her to help me with and make a phone call for me because she knows these people, and I was going to be doing this, and then my wife reminded me of something not once again. You know, as always, you know, when I'm talking to you, I just keep it as real as I can. I don't know the Bible inside out. I can't quote to you scriptures and tell you exactly where it is. I just you know, I heard her say it but it kind of blew by me. I was telling her about something I wanted to make happen, and she reminded me that there's a scripture somewhere, and somebody emailed it to me today. I'm sure. Well, the Bible reminds us not to be anxious for anything. Don't be anxious for something. And you know, it really mattered to me at that point yesterday that she brought this to my attention, because how many times I've been guilty of that in my past and I've learned better now, but every now and then I need to be reminded, you know. And I think that what she was saying to me was us. You know, I've gotten to a point in my life and we all should get to a point where. You know, you've heard old people say this, if you're gonna pray about something, then don't worry about it, And if you're gonna worry about it, don't pray about it. Back to this, be anxious for nothing, don't. If you're going to trust in God, then't do that. And trusting in him means sometimes you got to be patient. God has never been too late. You don't know the plan he has you don't know. You don't really always know his will. You definitely don't know his route, his way of doing anything. So he's always on time. He's always been there on time for me. He's always been there on time for you. How many times have you thought it was over only to find out it's really just begun.
Speaker 9: How many times have people wrote you off? There are those of you who have lost jobs, but you are still maintaining. But man, God has already began to turn around process for many of us. Some of us lost jobs and now have better jobs. Some of us lost jobs and now has forced us to rekindle that dream and that vision for business we had. Sometimes the mishap is the thing you need to make something good happen. See a lot of times we get so comfortable in our life where we.
Speaker 8: Just we get complacent. We just settled in and when this is it and this is what I'm doing. But in actuality, God has a tremendous amount of abundance for you. He has an amazing amount of things. He has all these boxes packaged up with your name on him that he's willing to ship if you would just align yourself with some of his wills. So you could get some of these things. How many times have you thought it was over and it didn't really go over. How many times have you thought have well, this is it and it wasn't it at all. Well, how many times do you thought, well, it don't look like this gonna work out, and it didn't work out, but then something better came along? How many times has that happened? You've got to realize this. Man. I was talking to a family who had got displaced from the Katrina thing that happened down there in New Orleans. And Man, when they said, yeah, we got a displaced from Katrina, and I braced myself because, oh woe is me? Here comes this story. I gotta hear this, and I gotta be encouraged and think of something. It was totally different. They totally totally blew me away. Man. The brother said, Man, is actually the best thing that ever happened to my family. And I went whoa? And he said, yeah, man, he said, because what happened was he said, I got settled in. He said, Plus, I was doing some things outside of my marriage down there, He said, I was doing some stuff in the streets I ain't need to be doing. He said, man, it all got washed away. We thought our life would never be the same. But he said, man, my life ain't need to be the same. He said, Man. Now we live up here in Texas. We got a house, don't know nobody, he said, I ain't got nobody I know to get into trouble with. He said, Man, I done rediscovered my wife, how beautiful she really is, how much my family really was counting on me. And he said, man, it straightened me up. Man, he said, so, I gotta tell you, Steve, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now that's not always the case, but it's how you look at a situation. But just don't be anxious for anything, because God got a fix for you if you just let him work. So just stay on course, stay focused, don't lose faith, don't be anxious. Man, just stay in the wheel. Let God work with you. He got some great stuff in the store for you.
Speaker 10: You're listening morning show ladies and Jimmy ballplayers, attorneys, secret admirers, lunch room attendees, the cafeteria lady, retired hustlers, gangsters, former thugs, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 8: I'm talking to everybody who can hear me? Teachers, single mothers, people of the night. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show. We are starting it with gratitude, realizing that without God we will be nothing, absolutely nothing. Know that, Understand that. Put that in your put that in your plate. Chew it up, swallow it. Steve hartin Morning to show everybody, show the Strawberry Calling for real. Mississippi Morna Junior, nephew, Tommas Junior, what's going on today? Man?
Speaker 11: Hey, let me let me ask you some unc. I'm trying to have a talk with my nephew. I don't think it went well. Uh you know he at the age he got a.
Speaker 2: Call, Yeah, starting to pick up girls? Yeah, how is he twenty two? Okay, go ahead, Yeah, he starting to pick up girls?
Speaker 11: And uh, you know, uh, my mom asked me to have a talk with him because, you know, some other thing happened.
Speaker 1: So she said, could you talk to him about the.
Speaker 8: Birds and the bees? Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well he ain't that type of kid, but I've tried to talk to him about the birds and the bees. I said, listen, let me tell you about the birds and the bees. He said, I don't like bees. They staying my hand got swolled two weeks ago. I said, this ain't to kind of talk I'm talking about. I'm not talking about bees. So this is not going well at all. I don't even know why I try. So we're safe on that because my worried about him, you know, bringing young girls over there late at night and something happening.
Speaker 8: You can pretty much right now, Yes, sir, did we wait too late for this conversation?
Speaker 1: He not us at twenty two? He not us.
Speaker 8: I don't care if he's them at twenty two. What how y'all just not having this talk at twenty.
Speaker 11: Two because he ain't have no car. He couldn't go nowhere, He couldn't get no girl. Now you get a car, now, everybody, what do the car have.
Speaker 2: To do with the birds and bees? I'm confused.
Speaker 11: The car is now he getting girls because he got a car up he wasn't getting girls before then.
Speaker 8: Well, let me say this to you. I don't, I don't. I don't understand where you're coming from with this right here. I really don't. Cause I had a conversation with the birds and beef, and I was the owner of a skateboard. Okay, I'm just trying to figure out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he ain't never had a girlfriend till now, a late bloomer.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 11: Just trying to tell him not to get the girl pregnant. That's all a matterical. Do you have a way to tell him? That's it, you.
Speaker 8: See, don't don't get the girl pregnant. That's the way you say it. Yes, you know what. You don't think he know how that occurs. It's what you're telling me.
Speaker 11: Yes, he don't know how that occurs. Okay, he think my daddy is.
Speaker 2: Right now, Well, listen to me.
Speaker 8: You're gonna write this boy off because if he don't know how to make a baby by twenty two, while we're talking about why y'all made him have a car, all right, he missing so many damn baby?
Speaker 5: Why after the baby? He don't William from the nephews? He runs that prank back right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show. It is time now to run that prank back with the nephew, which you got ne f.
Speaker 7: Uh, we're gonna get in this bed with these bed bugs.
Speaker 8: Shirt.
Speaker 7: We're gonna get right in this bed with these bed bugs. Come on in here and everybody, let's get in. Let's get up bugs.
Speaker 4: Hello, hellong, trying to speak to Sanie.
Speaker 6: Sit down here right now as I think a message.
Speaker 4: Do you know when she's coming back?
Speaker 8: Now? Is this business?
Speaker 4: Calls him? No, No, it's personal. I need to talk to her immediately. No, you need to talk to me. It's a different man. Who is it? This is? This is Brandon? Who are you? I'm Ernest man? But why do you know? I got a bit of a situation here, man, And it's basically a financial situation that I'm owed some money from her, So I kind of need to talk to her about about getting this money. Is totally disrupted my whole apartment, and I need to actually see about talking to her about getting this whole problem taken care of.
Speaker 6: What's the what's the situation? What's the what's going on?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm basically right now, I'm twenty five hundred dollars in the rears due to due to Shynese and and I you know, I need to see a she's gonna be able to pay me for the situation or what? You know?
Speaker 6: My girl owe you money?
Speaker 4: She owes me twenty five hundred dollars, twenty.
Speaker 6: Five hundred dollars for what I don't even know who you are. First of all, So what's up with the twenty five hundred dollars man?
Speaker 4: First of all, my name is Brandon, Okay, and I've been I know, I've been knowing she knee probably for the last three or four months now, Okay, So here is You want to know what all in a nutshell is?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 4: Like this, Charnie's been coming through okay for the last three or four months, been coming over here to my spot, to my apartment, hanging out. I'm just now finding out within the last two weeks. It's I had to get rid of my couch. I had to get rid of my mattresses because the mattress, because it's been mattress.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, dude, Wait a minute. So you're trying to tell me.
Speaker 4: She was in your bed. Yeah, she's been in my bed.
Speaker 6: Dude, she's been in your bed?
Speaker 4: Are you crazy?
Speaker 6: You know where she's twenty five hundred dollars problem, twenty five hundred dollars You told my girl was in your bed. Now, we not even gonna get into that. You understand what I'm saying, But that's twenty five hundred dollars. You can forget about it. No, no, no, no, no, hold up, brousa ball, you calling here? You calling here? You calling here? Here, A dude, answer the phone, and you still got to to ask for her, and then gonna tell me about some twenty five hundred dollars about some mattress.
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm out my mattresses. Man on a thousand bucks full of bad bucks. I had to throw that away.
Speaker 6: Now if I worry about no damn mattress, dude, you're talking about my girl. We've been together for four years. I'm about to pop the question on her, and you want to sit there talk about she'd been hanging with you or take it with you for the last four months. It's about to be over in a miny.
Speaker 4: Now, what if you want to marriage Senise Cool? I don't care nothing about that.
Speaker 6: I don't even worry about that now. But you know, when my phone was talking about some damn mattress, man's that's a problem, dude. I ain't worried about no damn mattress.
Speaker 4: I don't worry them. I ain't got no mattress right now to my house?
Speaker 6: You calling mine, dude.
Speaker 4: I do not call a mattress right now, nor do I have a couch.
Speaker 6: Do you understand I an't cant about your mattress in hotels? Dude, I don't care nothing about that. Your name, you said your name Brandon.
Speaker 4: I'm Brandon, yes here brand then Okay, don't worry.
Speaker 6: About it right now, because you're gonna find me a real slool. Don't let me find you before you find me. Or you understand what I'm saying, don't you.
Speaker 4: Don't don't do now.
Speaker 6: You can have them big bugs and the mattress or whatever. Answer me for all I here. But what I'm saying is, and you talking about some big bugs and non bugs over here.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what you getting see them? Problem? Over here? In my place?
Speaker 6: I don't can have them. Probably he ain't bring nothing over there, first of all, but I ain't. That ain't even a problem right now. You've been over here.
Speaker 4: Man, not let nobody else over here.
Speaker 6: Don't worry about who you had over there. But you're gonna call here talking about no money. You ain't getting nothing from here.
Speaker 4: Okay, First of all, do check this out. I don't have a problem with you, okay, me and you cool.
Speaker 6: When you cool, problem, we already got a problem you call with me something about you've been sleeping with my brother.
Speaker 4: Hey, dog Dodge, But once I'm gonna say it again. Me and you cool dog we cool? We not cool? We not cool.
Speaker 6: But I'm water. I'm gonna have handle someice myself. I'm gonna do you. I'm gonna handle you later.
Speaker 4: What you think to what you're talking about? You, you're gonna handle me.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna handle you later.
Speaker 4: You want to me? They do want a massis right and marry Sheanise. I ain't got nothing to do with that, my water. The mout take my money back, man for the for the property of mind that she has ruined.
Speaker 6: Man, don't worry about that. I'm gonna get you a massiss. Don't worry about that. It's gonna be a casket wrapt around that.
Speaker 4: Hell, hey do dude, Why you sitting here creating the drama with me when me and you we ain't even the problem. The problem is Shanise.
Speaker 6: The problem is you picked up your phone and you call here. That's the problem. What you got to do. You ain't got no couch, you ain't got no message. Now you gotta do that. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know what I see? I can't talk to you when Dough Shanise get home.
Speaker 6: Man, I don't wonder about when Shani get home. What you need to worry about was when I find you.
Speaker 4: Okay, So so when you're gonna have my money in it when you find me because I need my money day, I'm gonna have you.
Speaker 6: Your mattress too. Please understand he's gonna be wrestling red or whatever.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, So so let me ask you this here, man, Sanise, bring bed buzzs over to my house. Leave them all in my mattress, leave them all over my couch where I gotta throw my stuff away? Where I'm wrong? At, Man, where I'm wrong.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna ask you straight up, did you know she had a man?
Speaker 8: Say?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: Did you know she had a man?
Speaker 4: But I mean kind of sort of, but not really though.
Speaker 6: Ain't no kind of sort of man even you know she got a man or she don't got a man? You knew she had a man?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: And you still wining?
Speaker 4: Dnie Right Hey, JN, I ain't got nothing to do with y'all. Man, I'm dealing with these bad bugs. John stand I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Dude, do you understand you messing up? A four year relationship. You know how much time I put in with this woman?
Speaker 4: Four years?
Speaker 6: Four years, were about to get we was about to get married, and you calling here with this.
Speaker 4: What are y'all supposed to get married?
Speaker 6: Don't worry about when we supposed to get married. Man, you messed that all up. What I'm trying to explain to you is, dude, you calling here on some big bugs, which I know she ain't got nothing to do with. But the fact that you told me that she was over your house, in your bed, that's over. It's over now. You understand what I'm saying. Now, when she get home, I'm gonna deal with that. You understand what I'm saying. That's gonna get done with. I was walking up out of here. But when I leave here, please believe my next doctor is to come find your prince of all. How did you get the number two this apartment? That's what I want to know they do.
Speaker 4: She gave me both numbers. The cell phone number in the house. Number told me, you know, if it's an emergency called the.
Speaker 6: House, okay, and this is an emergency.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's an emergency.
Speaker 6: I learn another emergency number, learning nine one one. Because when I come knocking on your dog, either you come out on your head of it, or you bet to call the cops. You understand what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, do you think Tommy will pay for the bed bugs?
Speaker 6: Who is Tommy?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, do you think Tommy will pay for the bed But who is Tommy? Tommy dog nephew Tommy From the Steve Halby Morning Show, Ernest, you just got branked by your girl shot niece. Man.
Speaker 6: Y'all, y'all for a well, it was over.
Speaker 4: It was over.
Speaker 6: You understand what I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I'll be back all right, nephew.
Speaker 5: Thank you? Coming up next as the CELO or Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: You're listening Hard Morning.
Speaker 5: Show coming up at the top of the hour and entertainment news. Kansas City Chief star Travis Kelce traded in his cleats for a teleprompter. He's hosting a nude game show on Amazon Prime. Actor Michael J. Fox said, if you became a celebrity in the eighties, you were tougher than today's celebrities. And the nephew has a big announcement for us. Yeah, he said it. Big announcement. We can't wait for that. That's all coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the clo. This is from Dana in Roanoke. Dana writes, I work a part time job at a grocery store. My son is my boss, and he knows I'm slower than the other kids that work for him. He shows me no grace or favor because of my age. He said he has to do that. Well, does he really should I go find another job?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah? What is the job she has?
Speaker 2: Does she say that?
Speaker 8: No, she didn't say, but buts than other kids? Mm hmm, she's yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's on a computer.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 8: They looking stuff up, googling, and you know it's probably a tech position. Yeah yeah, you probably be job now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: She need to be somewhere like that, you know, counting, can food stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You need job at grocery stuff.
Speaker 1: But what is he saying to his mom though grocery store?
Speaker 8: Mom, you need a job at the grocery store. You need to be somewhere count can pack your bag, something like that, you know, manual label, just thinking stuff. Answer you because these kids are flowing right by you. Know, and you're pretty much slower in my whole company down. Matter of fact, if MoMA wann't you gonna sit at the house and I'll just see you, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna see.
Speaker 8: But here though you ain't gotta work. I'm gonna send your check moment just going to the house, to the I'm gonna send you your check to the house. You ain't got to come down here. Don't tell anybody else.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's ashamed of his mom.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, stay at house all right.
Speaker 5: Moving on to Wayne and Glendale, Wayne says an old friend was in town, so I stopped by her hotel and had breakfast with her before work. My wife called and I told her exactly where I was. She hung up, and she hasn't spoken to me in days. Why be honest, if this is how she's acting, exactly, I exactly, I be damn. Just because you're honest doesn't mean people aren't gonna get mad. They still want to know the truth. What Yeah, they still want to know the truth. She she she wants to hear the truth, but it doesn't mean she's not to get mad.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no no. Why when she called him, did he tell her exactly what an old friend of mine stopped into town. An old friend of mine is in town. I stopped by to see her at her hotel. Well, now, number one, how did you know she was coming to town?
Speaker 2: Number two? How did you know where she was?
Speaker 8: Dead? And number three? Why is your ass over there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 8: And the big one is the hell you telling me? That fault with your stupid behind. See, women prove to you why the truth ain't necessary all. It's no way I would pick that phone and tell my wife that it's no what.
Speaker 1: What would you have said? What would you where you're there?
Speaker 5: But what would you have told your wife?
Speaker 2: I'm down at the country club in Finish Tea.
Speaker 5: That's it, that's it.
Speaker 8: As a matter of fact, I'll put myself so far away from a hotel and women. I'm down at the country club. I'm fitling tall. I just got out the car. I'm walking this store. I'm finished picked up some stuff while I come home anywhere. I'm walking into the gym right now. I decided to come down here and get a little work out in. There's no way I'm telling my wife. An old friend of mine came into town. I'm in her hotel room.
Speaker 5: Would you have been there in the first place though, Well, no, that ain't the questions my question.
Speaker 7: Now you asked, you don't have to ask. My client does not have to answer that.
Speaker 5: You don't you're attorney. Would you have been over there at her hotel having breakfast with her in the first place so you wouldn't learn it?
Speaker 8: My attorney has.
Speaker 1: And you are full of it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Moving on to Tudy in Valdosta, Tudy says, I met a man online and I really like him, but I.
Speaker 1: Can't stand his hair.
Speaker 5: He has a high top fade and it's sticky and wet, like a Jerry curl without the curls. Do I throw him away because of his hair? Or do I tell him he needs a good haircut and degreasing.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no no no. First of all, if you really like him, make sure that he likes you, and it slowly, for surely bring it up. You need a decreasing and all that slowly for sure might take you some time to get I don't know, you know, but it takes time, you know.
Speaker 5: So I mean you're saying she should say something eventually. Just don't crush him right away.
Speaker 8: You know, like with little stuff like like okay, like what let's say let's say they dating in this summer. You know, you see a cute little straw hat that will look good on hat, Buy the straw hat. There's just little things you could do to kind make But baby, it's high tops. You don't don't about to do that at the moment. Cut it down a little bit. Oh look at this.
Speaker 1: Hand back on that hat.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take a hand.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna give you something.
Speaker 2: He gonna cut his hat down.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, makes some change. What about the Jerry curl?
Speaker 8: The Greek were gonna we're gonna do it that that you know, it's just greasy light. He just got the wrong hair product in his hair. You know, he could be old school. Maybe that's ultra seed. You know, he get everything all there could be that whole line of Ultrachine Bergermont, you know over hur.
Speaker 6: Whole train.
Speaker 8: Oh lasses, you don't know. You just got to bring him into the you know, you know, newsday, Mary Away.
Speaker 5: All right, last one, Steve, This is the last one. This is from Katina in the Bronx. Katina says, my husband stopped wearing his band, meaning his wedding dance. He said his hands got bigger and it's too tight.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: I suggested he get the ring re sized, but he won't do it. Is he not wearing it on purpose? She wants to know.
Speaker 8: Well, he not wearing it Accident't what you mean? Is he wearing it? Don't not wearing it on purpose? Yes, he's not wearing it on purpose. His hands cad get bigger. You know, he probably got inflammation.
Speaker 5: But he won't go down there and get it resized.
Speaker 7: Well, it's hard to make a ring bigger. All of our hands have gotten bigger since since then wedding.
Speaker 8: Day, all of them.
Speaker 12: So did you get in that ring indentation on my head? I was saying, from wearing your rings? Yeah, but what ring or not? Who don't know?
Speaker 8: I'm there, Hey, what's happening? Steve Harvey coming up?
Speaker 5: Thank you, sil coming up at the top of the hour. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 5: Football season is over, but Travis Kelsey is keeping himself busy. Kelsey has landed his first TV gig. He's a new host of Amazon Primes game show Are You Smarter Than a Celebrity? Kelsey will be quizzing adults on six grade level topics for a chance to win one hundred thousand dollars in prize money.
Speaker 1: So here's a question.
Speaker 5: Do you think it'll be a smooth transition for Kelsey from tight end to game show host? Steve? What you think?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, you know, you could do it.
Speaker 5: He seems to have a great personality.
Speaker 8: He can do it podcast, you know down that great personality, you know.
Speaker 2: I tell you who has surprised me?
Speaker 8: Dwayne Wayne Dwayne Wade. Yeah, yeah, he does really well on that show, really.
Speaker 5: All rights, Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, and I just never saw him in that light before. That's what I'm saying. I'm surprised he tells well that show man because he's like always was one of my favorite ball players, you know, I just never I love d Wade's game.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, all right.
Speaker 5: Well, someone else who has surprised you from time to time your nephew, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Tommy right there.
Speaker 5: Right, Tommy, you have big, big news to share with us about your show, Ready to Love on the own network. So what do you have to tell us before you tell us?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 5: We need a drum roll? Please, your favorite drum roll, drum roll, drum roll.
Speaker 2: Get ready to get ready, ready to love, Ready to love.
Speaker 1: Next stop.
Speaker 7: It's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It sounds like Philly to me. All right, ready, ready to love is coming your way. So if you're looking for love, ready for love, all right, it's coming your way. Get signed up. Oh my god, it's coming to Philly. I can't wait. I will be there, man. Can I ask you a question, yes, sir, just out of curiosity.
Speaker 8: Has anybody from the show over the years, like made it got married?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, I got a couple that's gotten married. Yes, sir.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's working. It's working. It's working.
Speaker 5: Get your cheese steaks.
Speaker 3: Come on Philly next time.
Speaker 7: The next up is Philadelphia. I'll be filming in Philly this summer. You're looking for love, phil Delphi. All your single ladies out there, single man that's looking for love, y'all, Get ready, man, because we come into town. Sound like Philly Ready to Love Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: And make sure they're single.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we gonna, we're gonna make sure that.
Speaker 5: We have love.
Speaker 8: Come in.
Speaker 7: We have had some people come in for the interview, right and you looking at them like you know what I think this person gonna work it, It's gonna be all right, and then they say.
Speaker 8: We need to hurry. I got to get back my wife and kid waiting on me. What the whole family?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: You married?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, well congratulations Tommy, you're doing a great job. We appreciate it and we love this. Thank ye yes, all right, well, moving on, this might be debatable. In a recent interview with People, actor Michael J. Fox said that celebrities that became famous in the nineteen eighties were tougher than present day celebrities in regard to being famous back then, I said, well, you had to be talented. That helped. We were tougher. We didn't have social media, we didn't have any of that crap. We were just famous, left to our own resources, and it was an amazing time. So she, having been a celebrity a very long time, do you agree with him that celebrities back then, back.
Speaker 8: In the day I started in eighty five, I wasn't really a celebrity in eighty five. I just got started, so I would I didn't experience being a celebrity. Well, I started building thinking about it, but I didn't really started being a celebrity. My first taste of celebrity was a showtime to the Apollo.
Speaker 11: That was the first love love it was.
Speaker 8: It was It was very light then compared to now, and there was no social media. That weren't no phone cans, you know, so you know it was just different, man, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ask you this was it was he shading when he said, first of all, you had to have talent. Was that some shade?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: No, I mean really, you know, it's just like music. I mean, it's just like music.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: Back in the day, you had to really be able to sing.
Speaker 2: Man, you really had to have talent.
Speaker 8: Well, now they got all the tunes, they got all these algorithms they put on you and they start then all these one hit wonders. Man, your ass had to have it back then. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's because of YouTube.
Speaker 8: And uh Facebook and and and and live. YouTube got live Facebook Live, you got everybody got a TV show now, you know what I mean? People got podcasts because they think they should have a TV show, Which how many people don't need a damn.
Speaker 2: TV show on.
Speaker 8: Siously, man's it's horrible out there if you look at the landscape. Yeah, I got a podcast, damn ain't they got that thing on every phone that looks trying on every phone. Anybody can have a podcast, it's it's very few good podcasts.
Speaker 2: It's very few.
Speaker 8: And then it is exposed how people try to get their fame by shading somebody else. All these all these podcasts with all this negative content. You think that's the way. I don't know, did not Wendy Williams teach y'all nothing.
Speaker 2: There you have?
Speaker 8: Man? All right?
Speaker 5: All right, so Michael J. Fox may have something. Man, they were tough.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: If you male version of Wendy Willis, I just be looking at you, like, man, what you doing? You gotta do it on Friday. You're gonna go and do it on Friday.
Speaker 3: You got your own podcast, all right, gonna do it.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 5: Coming up in twenty minutes after, imagine getting a job as a pro basketball player and the team's mascot. The mascot makes more money than you. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening the Hardy Morning Show, all right.
Speaker 5: As you guys may have heard, Caitlin Clark was the number one pick in the WNBA draft and she'll be playing for the Indiana Fever. Okay, congratulations to Caitlin Clark. But what shocked everybody was her salary for playing professional basketball. Three hundred and thirty eight thousand, fifty six dollars for four years.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's over a four year period.
Speaker 5: This breaks down to seventy six a little over seventy six thousand dollars in twenty twenty four. This year, seventy eight. It goes up to seventy eight next year, then in twenty twenty six eighty five thousand, then in twenty twenty seven over ninety seven thousand dollars a year. Now consider this the NBA mail players. We all know they make more money, but they earn an average andnnual salary of over ten million dollars annually. Ten million dollars. This is for the men the NBA. And to make it worse, that's average. That's average, though, Tommy. And to make it worse, the mascots, the mascots of the NBA teams make a lot more per year than w w NBA players. The Denver Nuggets mascot, for instance, earns six hundred and twenty five thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 3: Sell insulting church stands.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, The mascot for the Atlanta Hawks six hundred thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Come on, boy, Chicago right there, that's how you.
Speaker 5: Holp Chicago Bulls mascot annually four hundred grand a year. So what are we saying here? This is this is a mess. Talk about this horrible, yes, But but on the brighter side.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna say it again. Listen to me. Women's basketball is great to watch, but you have to put more bodies in those stands so that you can get more TV rights and you can have more viewership. And women have got to support women athletics. This is on you. Guys are going to the game. We're going to see men play, You're going to see women.
Speaker 5: Do guys see women play?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: Everybody, no, no, because it's two different games we're watching. But women should support women athletics. I don't. I don't see why that's a hard ask. I really don't. The more women in this world than now are men go to the games and.
Speaker 5: Women watch, then they make more money and get more TV exposure and all of that.
Speaker 8: If women want more pay in this sports world, you've got to support your team. That's all it is. Just go to the game.
Speaker 2: By ticket, go to the game.
Speaker 5: Go to the but the bus well anyway, I was gonna say that Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn Clark does have sponsorship deals worth three million with Nike State Farmyar Block coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour. Roscoe Wallace will be in the building right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 5: All right, you see him. He's here, the one and only Roscoe Colin take it away.
Speaker 8: We're going on it?
Speaker 2: Who going away?
Speaker 5: Should it?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 5: Roscoe?
Speaker 2: Where jan Rosco going over?
Speaker 5: Wil what going on? Okay, Roscoe?
Speaker 1: So check this out.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you heard the big news a Shanti R and B singer Shanti and Nellie. They announced that they're engaged and she's also pregnant expecting she's gonna have her first baby.
Speaker 1: Souit Isn't that cute?
Speaker 3: Isn't that wonderful? So congratulations to them. But here's the thing in Roscoe, they're both entertainers. She's an R and B singer, R and B and hip hop. Get Mady got a sing jacketed. So my question is, have you ever dated an R and B singer? Have you ever heard that's the bigger Litzen.
Speaker 8: Right there, A better time like that? You know I have the first got start. You know that you will one. You know I was kidded with Pearl Baiby, Harl Bailey, no help with Perl Bailey. I had good old time and then the wonder that dinner got hot a head. I got hot to hell with big holiday. They were holidays for a little though. She was fussy.
Speaker 2: God, Joe, you know then holiday were fine?
Speaker 1: We ever had you date it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you know in the end they all offering this mother things. You know, I got over to them. I got a little wild.
Speaker 1: You know, we love hearing you saying say.
Speaker 2: Here's something that ain't nobody never know?
Speaker 8: Oh okay what dropics before she got saved me and behay you Jackson.
Speaker 1: You know he's not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah boy, I'm trying to tell you. I'm telling what it was.
Speaker 8: I'm telling him there and it was crazy too, because I tell you who had attitude about it right.
Speaker 2: There, Shirley Caesar man Bean the problem Bean.
Speaker 7: Hated.
Speaker 8: You don't talking about it having around a little bit you' rock and waller bapen around for what?
Speaker 3: So let's get to list the song some duets. These people weren't necessarily together, but they collab. And you don't know that, dude, No, I don't.
Speaker 8: This is true.
Speaker 2: No happen all the time in it booth, up in this booth. All right.
Speaker 3: So the first song I want you to sing is Where's the love?
Speaker 1: ROBERTA. Flack and Donny Hathaway?
Speaker 8: Where is the love? You said it was mine? All mine, judy, end of time? Was it just a lie?
Speaker 2: Where is the love? Right fire?
Speaker 8: Oh right there?
Speaker 2: What are you got baby?
Speaker 1: This world was.
Speaker 2: They said your fee?
Speaker 8: Come on?
Speaker 2: Oh damn girl, you've been so.
Speaker 8: Good to me.
Speaker 2: On if this world was.
Speaker 8: A mine, therfly dropped getting birds into be Hey, Julia, that sold. You can get that little to a gild Wright. That's right there, Come on, get away from it.
Speaker 1: Ain't no mountain high enough, Ain't no.
Speaker 8: Mountain high, ain't no valley low, ain't no real bo Why enough?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 8: If you need me, call me, no matter where you are, no matter how fast. Don't wear your baby. It's all My name's.
Speaker 5: Out rob double call.
Speaker 8: Don't have to worry baby out Hey, no man, no.
Speaker 2: No real why enough?
Speaker 8: Sing it?
Speaker 1: Hey, no no enough.
Speaker 2: To keep me from getting to.
Speaker 5: You babe, you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is he doesn't want me with his brother. We'll get into that find out what that's all about.
Speaker 8: Brother. Heint word for damn.
Speaker 5: Just a few wait do you hear it? But right now it is time for the prank phone call with the nephew. Nephew, what you got?
Speaker 7: Well, sirlely, we just thought the NBA playoffs, the NBA playoffs just jumping off.
Speaker 8: And that's right here.
Speaker 7: This is the NBA party, NBA party, all right. We're throwing an nb A party. And you know I'm coming to the party. It's all right if I come to the party. But I just might be coming to the party.
Speaker 8: With your wife.
Speaker 1: So what are your himing? And han over there?
Speaker 7: That's what let's go, cat though. Take a listen. Here we go, NBA party A party.
Speaker 6: Hello a long time. I'm looking for Brad. Hey, Brad, how you doing this?
Speaker 4: Puncho?
Speaker 6: Man? I'm one of Marcus this boys. How you doing man?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's that? Hey? I talked to Marcus man. He was telling me about you know, the uh the playoff party man for for for Sunday.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: So, uh, he told me if it was cool, I would come through. Man, I just want to call it and how let you see if I can if I need to bring anything food or some drinks or whatever. You know, you took your friends with Marcus. Yeah, yeah, this is Pancho. Man, I'm friends with Mark. Okay, yeah, yeah, I think it's cool. Yeah yeah, well now you ain't the great unless, of course, you know you you're drinking something special, but uh yeah, it's it's gonna be me Marcus and uh you know, a couple of other boys gonna be here and uh, you know, whatever you wanna bring it be hyllb. So yeah that's cool. Okay, okay, okay, what time y'all starting? Man? He told me like around one. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be here all day, but you know you're coming through by one, one, two o'clock. You know, just before the game gets started, we'll have to you know, got the flat screen going, everything has to be laid out. So uh yeah, just come on through. Whatever you come through, all right, just remember man, Pancho, all right, I'll be there, I got it, all right? Cool, all right? So Hey, hey brand yo, hey Pancho again, Man, listen real quick? How much how much food?
Speaker 4: And and and.
Speaker 6: And look at do you have?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 6: I think we got in love for for suddenly. Why what you got going on? What's up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I got I got like three boys gonna ride with me.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: I just want to make so you got enough over there? Okay, who is this again? This punch shows you know we talked about thirty minutes ago. This pun show a monk Marcus friend right right? Okay, uh I remember my call you just about thirty minutes ago, told your Marcus told me.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sorry for ring bringing back and forth. Uh yeah, well I mean yes, it's all right. So you know, we ain't trying to overload the joints man. Just you know, I know Marcus and if you're a friend of his, then but that's cool. You can come through. It ain't but three guys, man, It ain't the three guys.
Speaker 4: Coming with me.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: They real cool.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: We we we we'll bring something to put on your pid or whatever. You know, it'll be good. Okay, yeah that's cool man, But you know, yeah, yeah, come on through, man, all right, all right, all right, I talked to you. I talked to you, all right, Brett, Hey is wait is whatever? Marcus is one of the guys Marcas? Yeah no, no, no, no, no, I got it's three guys me. I make four, you know, some of three other guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah whatever? Man at school?
Speaker 6: Yeah, bring him through, man, come on?
Speaker 4: All right, all right, all right, look.
Speaker 6: Hello, hey Brian, Pancho again. Man, listen, hey, I'm I'm gonna bring one more I'm gonna bring one more person with me. Hold a pumpkil brakes player.
Speaker 4: Wait, hold up, old up? Now, what's up?
Speaker 6: You market this friend? You're me and my Pancho? Yeah, okay, I know you Pancho man, but you're bringing everybody, but just go camp and Marcus is cool with me. That's my fault.
Speaker 4: We go way back.
Speaker 6: And if you cool with him too, then okay you can come. You know, I'm trying to have an NBA playoff game. You bring the whole NBA with you. No, no, no, it ain't like that, man, man, I mean, place is that big? You know my wife is gonna be coming through here. And you know I got the house lay out. I thought I wouldn't un destroy the place. I just got a doghouse like two weeks ago. I trying to that up. So if you're coming through, you come through, you know, bring one or two people with you. But that's it, okay, all right, believe he would have decided me, I ain't gonna bring the dude with me. I'm just gonna bring a little lady friend with me. Man, if is that cool? I'm just gonna bring a little lady friend. No dude, Okay, that's cool. Now you're talking, okay, because I know she ain't eat it that much, come on through here with her and you know, be done with That's fine, right right right. I'm gonna call her Simon now and tell her and tell her that that that she coming with me. Okay, what's her name? Her name, Simon. That's funny, that's my wife's name. Okay, okay, okay, maybe they hook up while they while we're watching the game. That'll be cool. Yang, she ain't here, so I sent her and her girls so that the nails done. Okay, So check this out. Man. I'm I'm gonna reach out to Simon and let her know that we're gonna we're gonna leave it and get over there like about one and you say it's cool, right, yeah, yeah, it's cool man. That that's a whole lot better than being about up in here. Okay, okay, yeah yeah yeah. Now and I check this man, mine, uh you know, my friend she she she married, you know, and and and she wanted to get away from my husband for a minute, man, I guess they've been going through so you know, you know, just keep hold out the way back back up then, because bringing a married woman named Samoan, wasn't he guy of that My wife's name is Samoon? Okay, well do I mean it might? What was this morning? Simone? Is her last name? Is that's my last name?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait hold on, hold on, hold on, dog this this okay, this this Simon is light skin. Yeah, you keep on describing her. She's light skin, five gone, short hair at the halley sat.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That's that's that's that's that's.
Speaker 6: I want you doing with my wife. Hey, dog, me and Simone in friend for a minute.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: It wasn't until like a couple of weeks ago she reached out to me and said she was she was going through some some some power. He reached out to you to tell you that she's going through.
Speaker 4: Some stuff for the dude.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm dude, okay, okay, I want my wife. Hey man, I mean, you know about a year, but who counting you know what I'm saying. A year that's about the time we started having some issues. Yeah, yeah, y'all come on over to this party. Hey man, I'm sure we can try to figure this kind of situation. I'm not pump.
Speaker 4: You my wife.
Speaker 6: You I don't given about her either. I know you are you know they say, you know what, I've always believed this. There are no mistakes when this. Everything happens where it's supposed to be. So it's funny how you called me. Okay, okay, listen, man, listen. Get this number. My boy gave no no, no, I get it. You probably call it and directing from her, that's what Now. My boy gave me this knocked up lead. Leave some moone out of this.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: You can't tell me right now. You know I'm about to be up and come with you.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna call her. Matter say, I ain't gonna call at all. Don't don't tell her my wife bring her to the party. I got a guess for this for your I got a three eighty, I got a Smith, I got a Western, I got a sign fourteen tabler and go right up your You just come on over with this party. Oh okay, hey man, hey man, listen, listen my boy, my boy gave me your number. Man, So I don't know who my boy is. Market said, he don't know you, Marcus don't know me. But guess who else knows me though that you don't know? Well, say something, Hey, Brad, this is Nephew till me man from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your boy Marcus got me the prank phone call you.
Speaker 4: What give this some.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get off, Hey Brad, What was you gonna do with the party? Man?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man, uh, it's about.
Speaker 4: Hey. Let me ask you something.
Speaker 6: What's the baddest radio show in the land. It's a Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Come on, y'all tell me.
Speaker 5: Do it.
Speaker 7: Hey, we're just trying to watch a little basketball man. Come all right, going down tonight. The Nephew is in town. I am here, Baltimore, Maryland. Yes, I am in the b MO.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 7: So I have added another show Sunday four o'clock. That's the matter. May show Sunday at four o'clock. The nephew has added a show.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 7: That is it, all right? Landing the Cut is an evening with Nephew Tommy. That is May tenth and eleven, West Palm Beach, Florida. I will be at the Rinker Playhouse inside the Cravit Center. You do not want to miss that. May tenth and May eleven, an evening with Nephew Tommy, West Palm Beach. The nephew is coming and laying in the Cut. Father's Day Weekend at the Majestic Theater, Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 7: That is June fifteenth, Saturday night, Father's Day Weekend. That is Nephew Thomas House Party Comedy Jam. Tickets are on sale right now. You heard what I said. I said, tickets are on sale right now, Baltimore.
Speaker 8: That's it. That's the last show, I promise you, all right, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Nephew.
Speaker 1: Coming up next Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 5: The subject is he doesn't want me to be with his brother. We'll find out why.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 5: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships works sex, parenting and more. Please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVEFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 7: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is strawberry letter.
Speaker 5: Thank you nephew. Subject he doesn't want me to be with his brother. Dear Stephen Shirley. My husband and I live in a duplex and his brother and the brother's girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Live next to us.
Speaker 5: I don't get along with a girlfriend, and she knows she will never be welcomed in my house. My husband's brother and I are the same age. We're forty six. My husband is fifty eight and he has problems with sleep apnea, so he's been sleeping with a sea pat machine to help him sleep at night because of it.
Speaker 1: I don't have a lot of sex.
Speaker 5: With my husband. I have it with his brother ind instead. He gives me all of the great sex that I want and need, and we don't even have to sneak around to do it. He comes over after my husband falls asleep and the sounds of his sleep machine drown out any sounds we're making in the next room. We are usually able to make love two or three times a night, once or twice a week. My husband sleeps right through it all, and I wake up happy and fulfilled. The girlfriend doesn't suspect a thing because her man is at his brother's house. The only issue that I'm having with this love triangle is that my husband's brother doesn't want me to have sex with my husband anymore. We had a talk and he was serious about that. I told him that I have to be intimate with my husband too, or he'll know something's not right. So what's crazy is I have to sneak to have sex with a man I'm married, but I can freely have sex with his brother. Make it make sense? He has threatened to end our affair. Does his brother have the right to be jealous? Does this sound crazy to you? What should I do here?
Speaker 1: Does this sound crazy to you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, this sounds perfectly sane and sensible to me. Perfectly you and your brother in law having sex in your house, right under your husband's nose. What's crazy about that your brother in law doesn't want you to have sex with his brother, your husband anymore, just with him. Nope, still doesn't sound crazy to me. Your brother in law is threatening to stop your affair if you don't stop having sex with your own husband. Well, doesn't every brother who's sleeping with his brother's wife want this? I mean, really, Okay, I'm being sarcastic here, of course, because I want you to hear how ridiculous this sounds. We are to believe that because your husband sleeps with a seapap machine, you're having sex with his brother. You never once said your husband wasn't a good husband. You never said he doesn't love you. You never even said you don't love your husband. Your husband's not cheating, nothing like that. I guess you're sleeping with his brother because you can, because he's right next door, or simply because you don't like his girlfriend. Those are the only things you told us about any other thing besides you and the brother in law. You asked Steve and I to make this make sense. Hmm. Really that's kind of impossible, because no one can make sense of this foolishness, and I don't want any.
Speaker 1: Parts of it.
Speaker 5: I mean, how can we possibly help you here? You don't want our help, because if your husband just happens to wake up one of those nights that you think that you think he's sleeping through, I feel sorry for you and his brother. But until then, do you boo Steve.
Speaker 8: Wow, I'm forever amazed at how people have created these new norms, how everybody now does has all this dysfunctional faith or dysfunctional behavior, and then you want us to normalize it, like, y'all don't see what I'm trying to do here. No, no, we don't, and we don't. And you trifling. You trifling. Your husband's brother is trifling. So this is a letter full of trifling mess. And now at the end of it, does this her brother have the right to be jealous? What are y'all talking about? Okay, your husband and you and your husband live in a duplex plexit, and his brother and the girlfriend live next door to y'all in the duplex. I don't get along with the girlfriend, and she knows she will be never be welcome in my house. Well, now let's take this line right here, because this is now that we've read the letter, this makes perfect sense. I don't get along with the girlfriend and she knows she will never be welcome in my house. Also, she can't come over there. You got a lot of well we know based on this letter, we know why she can't come over. Yeah, right, because it's the party house, and she the only one ain't involved in the party. Out of the four people, she's the only one not involved in the party. You and the party, your husband and the party, your brother in law in the party. She can't come to the party house. My husband's brother and I the same age. We forty six. Your husband is fifty eight. He's got problems with sleep, appnew, so he been sleep with a seatpack machine to help him sleep at night. In case y'all don't know what that is, that's that mask. That's that mask you put on. It pushes ad through your nasal passages and everything, so you don't stop breathing due to a couple of problems you might have, and it causes you to breathe or more freely. Okay, So now he got the machine on that. This is seapack machine, y'all. I used to sleep on a seapack machine till I found a way to heal myself. Praise God for that. But one night the seapack machine came off and it fell in my lap. You know, I sleep naked. Then I found a whole nother need for that seapack machine.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you, hang on, sepap you take.
Speaker 2: That cuff and you leave it there. Let me tell you some.
Speaker 5: We'll have part two of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Thank you for the background seatpap machine noise.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: The subject of today's strawberry letter he doesn't want me to be with his brother. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 5: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is he doesn't want me to be with his brother.
Speaker 2: All right, let me go through this quickly.
Speaker 8: Here's this woman that's forty six years old that lives in the duplex with her husband who's fifty eight. They next door neighbors. Right next door in the duplex, it's his forty six year old brother with her girlfriend. She don't like the girlfriend, and the girlfriend may walk come over to the house. We know in the letter why she ain't walcome over to the house. Her husband and her don't have sex because he got some health issues. He sleep on a seapack machine at night, and so we don't have a lot of sex with my husband. I have it with his brother in state that line you raggedy, healful? So now you sleeping with your her husband's brother. He gives me all the great sex that I want and need, and we don't even have to sneak around to do it.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, what you don't have to sneak around to do it? Well, let me show you what she called now sleep sneaking around.
Speaker 8: He comes over after my husband falls asleep, and the sounds of his sleep miss drown out any side, any sounds we're making in the next room. Wait a minute, man, y'all having sex in the next room? Why your husband is in the other rooms sleep? His brother is in here sleeping with his wife. And you think the sleep machine drowns out the sounds, y'all make it. We're usually able to make love two to three times a night, once or twice a week. My husband sleeps right through it all, and I wake up happy and fulfilled. Yes, the girlfriend don't suspect a thing because her man is at his brother's house. The only issue that I'm having with this love triangle. Now, guess what, and you know why you're over there at the house because you don't allow her to come over either. Remember that at the top of the letter and see will because you don't like her. You created the dislike you did this the girlfriend. They did nothing wrong to you. You doing something wrong to the girlfriend and your husband.
Speaker 2: So now.
Speaker 8: The only problem I'm having with this love triangle is my husband's brother does not want me to have sex with my husband anymore. What we had a talk and he was serious about that. I told him I have to be intimate with my husband too, or he'll know something's not right. So what's crazy is no? No, no, no, no, you ain't got to say that crazy ben happened. But now here she come and she see this is what I'm talking about. These people have these abnormal behaviors and try to normalize them. Did she say, what's so what's crazy? Is now.
Speaker 2: What you mean?
Speaker 8: What's crazy? That's already crazy. I have to sneak to have sex with the man I'm married to, but I can freely have sex with his brother. Wait a minute, lady, no, no, y'all have locks on these doors. You're supposed to have sex with your hus You shouldn't be sneaking around on your hugs, And you really shouldn't be sneaking around with his brother in the room next door while he and that listening to that damn seatpack machine. Then she says, I can freely have sex with his brother. How you call that freely having sex? You're sneaking with your husband. No, you're not freely Your husband is next door. She says that I can freely have sex. Make it make sense?
Speaker 2: Why we can't? What can we do? It make sense?
Speaker 8: What's wrong with y'all? I done told y'all quitting having these crazy ass behaviors. You have made it normal. Now you want us to help you. We got no help for you. We don't give a damn what you do. I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen. Though, let me tell you what's gonna happen. He has threatened to end our affair. Does his brother have the right to be jealous? Well, whether he have the right or not, he jealous. He don't have the right to be sleeping with his brother's wife, but he doing it. You don't have the right to violate your husband's trust in y'all's marriage with the dude that stay next door, which happens to be his brother. Does this sound crazy to you?
Speaker 1: Helpful?
Speaker 8: Do this sound crazy to you? What should I do here? Okay, let me tell you what's gonna happen. Your man gonna wake up one night, because let me tell you what happened. When you wake up with that seatpack machine on, you can set it down and it'll blow freely for a couple of couple of beats, not long, for about fifteen ten fifteen seconds.
Speaker 2: I think it'll blow freely.
Speaker 8: And then and then it'll cut off, and then you have to come back and put it on, and then it'll start back up again. M I think what's gonna happen is he gonna have to go bathroom one of them nights exactly.
Speaker 5: He's gonna wake wake up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he gonna wake up, and that seapack machine gonna cut off, and he gonna hear that noise. Then he gonna look over and realize you ain't in bed. He don't think somebody has broke in the house and over that beating you. He gonna walk in the room. Y'all ain't gonna hear him, and even if you do hear him, what is y'all doing in this damn bed together?
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen and then it's gonna be on and cracking.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, leave your comments on today's friend.
Speaker 8: You don't like, She's gonna come over and whoop your.
Speaker 5: Ass on the Instagram And Steve Harvey FM. Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk right after.
Speaker 1: This you're listening morning show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk? What you got Junior?
Speaker 11: I don't know if y'all heard about this, but John tay Porter is the center for the Toronto Raptors. He has been banned for life for betting on NBA games.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 11: And then also he was given inside information to betters like who's playing the night, who's injured, the trades is about to happen. He was just giving up everything, So he's bad for life. How you think your parents feel at this point? You don't work your whole life to get him, man, and now you done gave it up. Now your parents sitting over there mad as hell that you use NBA playing now your ass at home.
Speaker 2: With us now that they ain't got to pay your contract. No, man, So what is your tall?
Speaker 8: What is you do?
Speaker 1: Six eleven? Where is you gonna work at?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 11: I got two games tonight, Chicago Bulls and the Miami Heat.
Speaker 2: We don't know if Jimmy Buck is gonna play to night.
Speaker 8: He'll spraying m.
Speaker 11: C l do we have the New Orleans and the Sacramento Kings and no Zion Wings in the night he is out with a hamstring?
Speaker 8: So done?
Speaker 11: Oh man, Well, you know C J. McCulloch and Brandon 't gonna have to step it up. I don't know how you feel about this hunch.
Speaker 2: You know they didn't play well Tho the night lost to the Lakers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so he's just Sacramento Just go hey, man, let me tell you something. Man doing it point god, I got the falling flopping people be doing Bron acting Yeah, like yeah, man, they got a whole wheel out on some of the faking heat or like this mad boy somebody shot him.
Speaker 1: You better get your file Lebroudt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Lebron getting his acting career ready after baseball, after basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for these games tonight of for the A C.
Speaker 11: But speaking of basketball, the Olympic basketball roster has been released for the NBA for the men Olympic basketball team.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 11: We got Steph Curry, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, uh Anthony Edwards, Joel eb Lebron, James Kawhi, Leonard, Jason Tatum, Drew Holliday, and Tyrese Halliburton. That's our roster for the Olympics and men's basketball.
Speaker 8: Do we get is just gone in the world. I just we just gave you out a full NBA fro.
Speaker 1: That's what we did.
Speaker 8: They ain't gonna give.
Speaker 2: Us the gold. We didn't got to play you just give us the gold, right.
Speaker 11: Jason Tatum from Boston, from Boston, Man, Yeah, and this is personally why Kevin Durant alone.
Speaker 1: Man, come on, man, dream team again. Yes, it's another dream team right there, Man.
Speaker 8: So go get it. Ken gotta get edge up. Will he go there and do this?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Junior?
Speaker 5: Coming up at the top of the hour of man needs some advice, Steve. He invited a woman to ride to the cemetery with him. Well, she needs the advice. She wants to know if that's his way of flirting with her m we'll find out right after.
Speaker 1: This you're listening morning show.
Speaker 5: See this is from Eleanor in Minneapolis. Eleanor says, one of my neighbors recently lost his wife. So I roasted three hens and made some potato salad and I dropped it by his house for him and his daughters. He was grateful, and he said he returned my dishes. He came by a few days later with my empty dishes. I told him he was dressed nicely, and he said he dressed up just for me. A day later he called and invited me to ride to the cemetery with him since his wife was laid to rest where my husband is buried. I told him I don't like visiting cemeteries, and I think I hurt his feelings. Is he flirting? Did I give him the wrong impression when I took him that food.
Speaker 8: It's a dead giveaway.
Speaker 2: Bad, my bad dog.
Speaker 8: It was just there, dumb.
Speaker 1: And your uncle. My goodness, So what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what? And you know why you took your stuff over there? Because she liked the man wife? Did she sings? You took two hands over that? What old people?
Speaker 5: Three people?
Speaker 8: They take some chicken over there. Yeah, she know what she was doing. She took all that time baking that chicken. Queen, she don't try no chicken. She took two hens over that. She know what that is. Showed our little grave in the bottom of the dog cornish dish all that. Yeah, yeah, she knew what she was doing. Did I send the wrong impression? It went just like you wanted it.
Speaker 5: To go with a date to the cemetery though, Hey, you want to ride with me down here?
Speaker 8: No, ain't show mama them down here. Wait, hold up, my wife down here. Your husband down here won't go to the cemetary. I don't like going to the cemetery. Yeah, that kind of hurted. See, he ain't been out there in a while. He ain't dated in a while, so he gonna know date.
Speaker 9: Move.
Speaker 1: He just trying to know that a date of the cemetery is wrong. He don't know.
Speaker 2: He just he's just trying to spend time together.
Speaker 8: What better way to have a woman than to have to console's.
Speaker 4: Not working for me.
Speaker 8: Sorry, Look he he ain't look here. Move passed some time to the to the goat and you know, you know my wife would get the stant clothes and you look nice to me. I know I put the on the whole time.
Speaker 2: She would get the hotpit for.
Speaker 8: That's okay, because that's what's gonna go out to set.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 8: You me, you met both these people on silver Line and.
Speaker 5: Just bringing my dishes back. I'm good.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm getting back.
Speaker 8: You know. Put that good? You know I was looking at you, all right, keep about four plots down, making rested. I saw him when I was out there.
Speaker 1: Tell you want to drive to the cemetery with me?
Speaker 2: See a plack out there? I know he thought that fall away.
Speaker 1: No, no, this is not a good date.
Speaker 8: No, it's not sexy.
Speaker 2: It's not at all.
Speaker 5: And your voice is not sexy.
Speaker 8: I want to break up with Hi because he's boy.
Speaker 2: I want a lot of time.
Speaker 1: All right, we have time for another one, Steve.
Speaker 5: This is from Benita in clear Water Old Boys. Benita said, I have a home based business making custom cakes. I was asked to do a specialty cake for a bachelorette party in the shape of a man's front parts. I shaped the cake and I was preparing to put the icing on it when my husband saw it and pitched a fit, saying it was too vulgar.
Speaker 1: He told me to cancel the order.
Speaker 5: I refused to do it. He's he used to be a heathen, but now he's saved and sanctified. He judges everyone. My cake turned out great. I got paid a lot of money. How do I get my holy rolla husband to relax?
Speaker 8: Well? One of the things change.
Speaker 5: About that voice again?
Speaker 8: Do you make casky cakes? You make me a casky cake.
Speaker 1: I take it down there to coming up in twenty minutes after.
Speaker 13: We'll have more.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening morning show. Today is National Humorous Day?
Speaker 5: Guys, did you know that humor increases productivity and brain power? You probably knew that, Steve. It reduces stress and anxiety. It strengthens the immune system.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. And humor relaxes muscles.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll see right there. You know what I ain't never had cause humor strift is your immune I ain't never hed covid.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, so happy humorous stay to you, to Junior and to Tommy. Are three comedians on this show.
Speaker 8: And did you know your line ain't working? Hell? I called COVID three times. I don't know what the hell?
Speaker 2: Well, you know that you got to know who.
Speaker 8: You got to look at who the king of this comedy? See, you know when you're talking with somebody that the king of the comedy. Then they dis explained with a lot of y'all. Your mule system made that the constructed at mine because you know, you go, you had you had, you had that other disease that here you from, and then Junior had a little sickness that come up on him every nine. Then put your mule system.
Speaker 3: So you're saying more, touring, touring, more shows, more headline and charge more.
Speaker 5: Could you be a comedian with a voice like that?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: No, will he done it?
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll have more of the.
Speaker 5: Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up.
Speaker 8: I don't know why you talk about me so like you do.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that would you rather? Right, you're listening Harvey Morning Show. It's time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather shoot.
Speaker 5: Hoops with Angel Reese or would you rather race with Hikari Richardson.
Speaker 2: I'm with angry, not gonna You're gonna get your ass. I know it's just how you as.
Speaker 6: Falling a run.
Speaker 1: Don't fall, don't take your junior?
Speaker 8: What are you talking about you're gonna do what.
Speaker 4: I'm the way.
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna race your car for shore.
Speaker 8: No, No, we just going to practic.
Speaker 1: No, you gotta race her.
Speaker 5: You gotta play hoops with Angel or race with Chakari?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 5: Waffle House or Eye Hop? Would you rather waffle House or Eye Hop?
Speaker 8: You know both of them. I've been wanting to go to both of them.
Speaker 7: There'd be more action in the waffle House, though you might see an ad in the million.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why I'm gonna go to Hop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right there where it's car pancakes and leave.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna care for them chins. I don't care for listening to what everybody order them.
Speaker 2: Chairs that don't move, man.
Speaker 8: They bolted? All right?
Speaker 5: Would you rather sit in a hot tub with five naked strangers or sit in a hot tub with your ex?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 8: How you doing? I'm Temmy, man, I'm Temmy's.
Speaker 1: Good to meet you. Why you gottas in there.
Speaker 8: Now with my ex?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: Who's the chicken you got with your brother?
Speaker 5: Hey? Pleasure and everybody's just naked.
Speaker 7: What I happen to do is be naked again with my uh X, with your eggs all, oh, I see you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't do it? Sure you're getting it?
Speaker 2: Was that no ste family fugee?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well show your love.
Speaker 8: As a matter of fact, but show you love. I'm finished, standup, Yeah all you know I'm fit to get over out here.
Speaker 5: Ready, I'm used to applause yourself.
Speaker 8: Oh five.
Speaker 5: All right, that's today's round of would you rather? And coming up next, we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey. Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Friday. It's been a great day. And before we get to Steve's closing remarks, we have got to say congratulations once again to the Nephew for his show Ready to Love.
Speaker 1: Tell us one more time, Tommy.
Speaker 8: Ready to Love is getting ready to hit Philadelphia. So it is Ready to Love Philly. It sounds like Philly to me.
Speaker 7: We will be shooting this summer and we're looking for we're looking for singles in Philadelphia, So y'all get ready. If you are a single lady that's looking to get out there and you're looking for love, having found to get time, it gonna help you find it. Okay, I will navigate you through a journey so you can find love. We start out with twenty people, ten men, ten women, all looking for the same thing. Process of elimination. Each week, women eliminate men, man eliminate women. That dwindles down till we got six people left, three couples who have hopefully found love. That's the prize. The prize is love. It ain't no million dollars, it ain't no trip around the world.
Speaker 8: It is love. That's the prize.
Speaker 5: And Tommy Steve asked you earlier, have you had couples that have gone on to get married or to.
Speaker 13: Dot remember they got there on another TV show? Now, yeah, dude, good dude, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, they're still married doing their thing.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 7: All right, see, people, there's actually been people from one season. I'm sorry, there's actually been people from one season hooked up with people from other seasons. It's crazy, oh like that. Yeah, but the key word is single though, keyword you need to be single. So Philadelphia, you need to be single. On coming there and you're married, you separated, y'all kind of going through something, y'all still living together?
Speaker 8: No, you looking for single people?
Speaker 5: Congratulations nephew.
Speaker 2: All right, Steve, Hey, I got.
Speaker 8: A question for you.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 11: You know, I'll watch a lot of the things that you do. You got TV shows, you got family, You've built this life.
Speaker 8: Do you I got that? I got what he I got TV showing.
Speaker 2: Gone asking and as.
Speaker 11: Ahead, Yeah, well you know he doing he's doing it too. I just had to ask talk because I think about all the stuff you have. Do you ever do you ever think about the pressure is to maintain that life on?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't have to think about the pressure. I'm under it every day. You know, I got all that on my back. But you know, the blessing in it is that I'm built for this. You are built for whatever your situation is. You are built to carry the load. He never puts more on you than you can bet than you can bear, and if you maintain a relationship with God, he will constantly reinforce that for you. What happens to most people is we stray away from our relationship with God and now we don't have the backup. We don't have the fortified strength, the peace of mind, the joy and the realization that God is with me. And once you don't have that, that's when life appears to be overwhelming for people, but life gets feels can feel overwhelming for me at times, but I'm never far away. I'm just one prayer away from peace. That's what I always know. I'm always just one prayer away from peace. So when it gets to be a bit much for me, I take it to God and I hand it to him because you let me have all this. You blessed me with it and gave it to me. So you have to know that I have what it takes to carry the load, So just provide me with the necessary inspiration to do it. I'm under an immense amount of pressure, but I happen to and this is not bragging. I'm just telling you what's afforded me because of God's grace and mercy. I'm under immense amount of pressure, but I handle it extremely well, extremely well. Of all of the public scrutiny you've ever seen me under, of all of the misinformation about me and my wife online, about all of the accusations that's been levied against me, and ninety nine percent of them never are even close to the truth. I managed to get up and keep going anyway. But that's God's favor. All my life. That's God's blessing. That's what he gives you when you when you commune with him, When you communicate with him, he will provide you a level of comfort and peace that will help you, that will help you sustain through all of your woes and worries. And then I have prayer. You've heard the old people say it a million times. If you're gonna pray about it, don't worry about it. And if you're gonna worry about it, then don't pray about it. You know, when I get when I find myself worry, I stop because I ain't got to carry this by myself. And when you got God in your life, man, you don't have to carry the load by yourself. The load is overwhelming when you take it on yourself. And the majority of the weight that people are put on themselves is tomorrow. They carry two things with them that make it overbearing. You bring your past with you, and you worry about the future, and you ain't got no control over neither one of them. You keep hanging on to something you did, and you allow people to remind you of it all the time. That makes you heavy. And now hear you worrying about tomorrow when today is plenty. So if you get yourself overwhelmed like that, refocus, talk to godet and get on today because today is enough and it keeps me from becoming overwhelmed. So, yeah, do I feel the pressure of my life. Oftentimes I do, But I'm also built for this. God made me and designed me wonderfully for this moment right here. And so even though it seems a lot, and it is, it ain't too much. All you got to do is fortify your relationship with God. He gets you through it anything. That's what I did. Those are my closing remarks. Hey, y'all, talk to God today. When I tell you, he'd absolutely love to hear from you, that's a fact. And it don't matter when the last time you talk to him. Just talk to him today. He's always available, y'all.
Speaker 5: Stay for all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com.
Speaker 1: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show