Speaker 1: Some morning show.
Speaker 2: Better known as the People's Choice, The Sluto on my life skin brothers out there, it's just hilarious.
Speaker 3: That's what the world I got.
Speaker 1: Just don't do you know why? Man, Charlemagne, don't get it.
Speaker 4: Everybody come to the breakfast club I called mister hot seat yo.
Speaker 3: Yo breakfast cub.
Speaker 1: It's like America's from court.
Speaker 5: Don't feel like my missus Suthers.
Speaker 2: I never thought to me every time I go to a revers club, I have no it's gonna be like a fit man.
Speaker 1: Get it. Good morning Usa yo yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: You're gonna fix some headphones. Bro, No, I want to go one day with out struggle. Struggle, Charlemagne, the god Peace to the plane.
Speaker 7: It is Friday, Yes, it's Friday.
Speaker 1: The wee get his head.
Speaker 6: Man woke up another day to serve you beautiful listeners. How y'all feel out there? You know what I missed this young Dolph man. I woke up this morning for whatever reason and was listening. There's so much young dolphin all I kept thinking to myself, You're never gonna get no no new Young Dolph music. Lord have mercy, Jesus Christ, rest in peace, young Young Dolph Man.
Speaker 2: Salute to pr and his family, his wife, his kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed absolutely. How was y'all leave Nicks?
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 8: I watched Judge Judy and then watch the Paternity Court. That's some of the best content to watch.
Speaker 1: Fraternity court.
Speaker 3: Paternity call is Judge Lauren Lake.
Speaker 8: She's a judge out of Detroit, and that's when people take their possible co parents to court, the proof that they are the father or not the father, you know, And it's so enhating to me, Like you remember Maury, Like how everybody used to be hung polish.
Speaker 3: Now is Judge Lake. I love her. She's setting them straight. Yeah, okay, absolutely.
Speaker 8: And Judge Judy, who obviously ain't going away no time soon.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 8: I love how she'd be shutting them down. She do not like she I want to know, like small talk. She did not like you to beat around the bush to get.
Speaker 2: To what she She do not she she loves eighty one years old.
Speaker 6: She ain't got time for time like that, ya, Judge. She just got to b B l Yeah thin, old lady.
Speaker 3: She always did not just get like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look if you look back at old pictures, are she always been a little thinking on about.
Speaker 6: Let Judgey come from behind that desk if you all want to.
Speaker 3: He posted it one day a picture of our body. Yeah, and she was sick.
Speaker 1: Wow. I'm about to go with Google Judge Judy for good side this morning, year old right.
Speaker 2: How the night his first salute to the students at our Alabama State University. Got a chance to talk to them about getting into this radio career. So or salute to all the students that showed up yesterday. Appreciate you guys. And then last night, me and the wife you go on date night, So last name was date night. I went to uh Car Bones, which is a restaurant in New York City. They have another restaurant called Zez, so I went there last night, which was food was amazing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, when you just eat too much, they just keep bringing food and keep bringing food and keep bringing food. It was tough to get up this morning, very tough to get up this morning. I did see Ryan go to see it in the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Last night. I didn see him last year, said he didn't look focused. I mean he was at the restaurant at eleven o'clock to night. I don't think. I don't think that's why.
Speaker 3: That's why you tie your.
Speaker 1: Damn eleven o'clock.
Speaker 6: I didn't leave till midnight. It was it was a long light, but we had a great time. It was gonna be a long night for Ryan. Go see you on Saturday. You don't get focused. I think Ryan gonna surprise people. I don't know if he's gonna win to fight, but I think he gonna show up and perform better than people think he performing. I think he's just out here selling a fight right now. That the first, Yes, I believe he was out here selling the fight. I believe Ryan knows exactly what he's doing and why he's doing it.
Speaker 3: I hope so it has to be sold, because apparently it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not at the bar. Class, it's not selling at the bar. Claff Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still under stay why two West Coast fighters would fight in Brooklyn.
Speaker 6: Ryan said that a month ago, and he was here on You said he wanted to fight to be in bigas he they changed to Brooklyn. So whoever changed to Brooklyn. Ryan was the one who said the should keep in Vegas. Who really crazy if you put it like that, all like that, if you put it like that, well, little Duvall will be joining us this.
Speaker 1: Morning, Yes he will.
Speaker 6: He's on the weedon Ones comedy tour, which will be in Baltimore in Atlantic City this weekend. And he just launched the podcast on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network called Conversations with unc that's right, yeah, so he'll be here to talk to us about that. And Brittany Britney Spencer will be joining us, Britty s Bottimore Country.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's going Beyonce's album on the song Blackbird. She has an album out herself called My Stupid Life. So she's one of these black women that are helping to lead this new black renaissance in country music.
Speaker 2: All right, And we might have another guest that's that's popping through a little bit later too, Oscar de La Lawyer. Possibly possibly, he might be pulling up on us today of course, to fight. Like Chela May said, it's this Saturday. He's one of the promoters and he's one of the promoters for the fight. He has Ryan Garcia signed so we might be chopping it up with him in a little pity. All right, let's get to some front page news when we come back. Uh, Israel launched some missiles yesterday.
Speaker 1: Will give you all the updates about that. So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning now.
Speaker 2: Everybody is TJ N V Jesse, Larian Chelamaine, the God.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast long lived Dolph Man. Absolutely, I literally woke.
Speaker 6: Up this morning in a young Dolph mood, like, damn, we're not gonna ever get no more Young Dolph. Music man dropping the clues bombs for young Dolph. Than adult said she liked all you so I think that chipped to law school. On another song, Young Dolf said he sold. I forgot how much weed it was, but he sold so much when he gave twenty percent of.
Speaker 1: The path to That's what I like.
Speaker 6: I like that type of ratchetness and righteous Okay, I like that kind of balance, you hear me.
Speaker 2: Let's getting some front page news now. In NBA, the playing tournament is tonight for the eight seeds. The Bulls take on the Heat at seven and the Kings take on the Pelicans at nine to thirty.
Speaker 1: Now, last night. Also, Israel launched a.
Speaker 2: Missile attack against Iran in response to the attack from Iran last weekend.
Speaker 1: They said.
Speaker 2: The US officials confirmed they knew about the attack, but they had nothing to.
Speaker 1: Do with it.
Speaker 9: US officials are confirming Israel has carried out a strike on Iran. Eight run news agencies there in Iran reported at least three explosions were heard just northwest, several hundred miles away from Tehran, the capital of Iran. The city where this is happening, has multiple military bases there, and news agencies in Iran are saying the nuclear facilities are safe tonight.
Speaker 10: Israel had told the United States that it would retaliate to Iran's airstrikes over the weekend, where it sent a barrage of missiles and drones, but officials say the US did not endorse the response. The attack comes hours after the Iranian foreign minister told CNN if Israel takes any further military action, its response would be quote immediate and at a maximum level. State News is reporting that Iran's air defense systems have been activated in several provinces. We are going to continue to monitor this developing story. We're starting to get some footage in as well, we'll bring you all the latest developments.
Speaker 1: Well, what does this all mean?
Speaker 6: Because I I was reading reports where Iranian officials were saying that there were no plans to respond against Israel for the incident, like they were downplaying it. They even referred to the incident as an attack by infiltrators rather than by Israel, which is basically saying there's no.
Speaker 1: Need for retaliation. So don't I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They retaliated and now Iran and said they're going to retaliate back.
Speaker 6: No, Iranian officials actually said, well, from what I read this there and I was it this in they're not going to respond from what.
Speaker 7: I heard this morning on ten ten wins in the way, and they said that they were going to respond from for.
Speaker 6: This AT's I don't know what to believe. And I saw them downplaying the attack a lot like Irene. I'm looking at it right now, Iranian officials said there were no plans to respond against Israel for the incident.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, Also, twelve jurors have been picked for the Donald Trump's hush money trial. Now the alternate still had to be picked. And we have some audio about this as well.
Speaker 11: Day three of jury's selection and Donald Trump's hush money trial has led to a full jury being picked.
Speaker 12: This comes there's some regression with jury selection today in the court room Foxes Michelle Ross's Live outside the Manhattan Criminal Court with more details Michelle Good afternoon.
Speaker 11: Today jury selection took steps forward, back, and then forward again. We started the day with seven seated jurors, but after two were dismissed for different reasons. That brought the number down to five. But in the final hour of court, conditional seven were seated, bringing the total to twelve a full seated jury plus one alternate, but five are still needed before we can move on to opening remarks.
Speaker 6: Now Jura five dropping the clue bombs with during number five.
Speaker 1: Damn it. Now Jura five talk about juring number five.
Speaker 2: She was the only potential jura who raised her hand when Loy's asked they have ever heard of Trump's other criminal cases?
Speaker 1: She was described as only when that told the truth. That's the one y'all can trust. By the way, you tell me that Jury.
Speaker 6: Number five is the only person that raised their hand and said they heard of Trump's other cases. In America in twenty twenty four. They should have dismissed all the other jeys except for number five right in and there, because you're the only one that.
Speaker 2: Told the truth now five. She was described as a younger black woman from Harlem. She's an English teacher.
Speaker 1: When asked where she gets her information.
Speaker 6: Don't get this. Break her down some more if you gotta build this up. She's an English teacher in a private charter school. Right, lives in Upper Manhattan with her brother. Correct, she enjoys theater and writing in her spare time.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Say she doesn't.
Speaker 6: She doesn't really care for news. That's what she said. She don't really care for news.
Speaker 2: And when they asked her where she gets her information from, she said she normally gets her news from Google and TikTok.
Speaker 1: That's right. And she listens to the Inspirational podcast and.
Speaker 7: Sometimes listens to the Breakfast Club radio.
Speaker 1: You hit me, okay, you hear me? Right?
Speaker 6: And she said that she has friends who have strong opinions about Trump. And she said President Trump speaks his mind, and I'd rather that than someone who's in office who you don't know what they're thinking. Oh my god, y'all in trouble coming over them. But you hear me, Democrats, Lord, have mercy. What is y'all doing? We have to make sure news is right. If that if they're going to the breakfast club for news, we got to make sure.
Speaker 1: Occasionally you should do.
Speaker 3: Make sure be right.
Speaker 1: That's case. She says.
Speaker 6: She has a master's degree in education and her godfather worked as a homicide sergeant with the New York What I said, homo side, that's not like a spray.
Speaker 1: It's not like a spray that makes the gate.
Speaker 6: That one of the two fans, and she said one of her two family members works in law enforcement. All I know is salutes the jury number five. She is an honest person. She's the only president who raised her hand and said she's heard of Trump's other criminal cases.
Speaker 1: And sometimes you know, y'all line.
Speaker 6: If y'all think, y'all they never heard of Trump's other criminal cases, that's right. And if you don't, if you haven't heard of Trump's other criminal cases, you should occasionally listening to the breakfast club too.
Speaker 7: Like jurr Number five, drop a bomb for jury number five, last front page News, Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: If you need the vent, call us up right now again. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Hit us up right now and good morning to Jerro five out. There's the breakfast luve morning.
Speaker 13: The Breakfast Club. This is your time, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this yo?
Speaker 5: Always having the ship?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 5: John Man? What up?
Speaker 1: Envy?
Speaker 15: CHARLEMAGNEA go beautiful chests?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 15: I gotta get it off my chest?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 15: Listen, man, check this out. I just got off at six o'clock right, I'm trying to go to McDonald's and get me a nice fresh hot sausage and cheese McMuffin fausta. He's mother got the nerve to have an attitude because daylight I'll supposed to be opening six o'clock. It's six, y'all ain't opened up yet. Then we got to wait two three minutes and we short stabbed and all that.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 15: Listen man, it's not my problem, bro, my goddamn business.
Speaker 6: May Well, that's not the attitude. I understand, but that's not the attitude to half. Everybody's probably a little stretched out this morning.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, but they still have to be maintaining a level that's professionalism because the customer is never always is never wrong.
Speaker 1: But in case the same thing.
Speaker 15: Happened yesterday was late opening up yesterday, I want to say McMuffin every morning when I get off his stick, man, it's nothing.
Speaker 1: What city where you from?
Speaker 15: Bro I'm in Georgia, Man, I hate to say.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm from New York. I'm from Brooklyn.
Speaker 15: So you're gonna stand my pain?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm in Georgia.
Speaker 6: We can't understand your pain. But I tell you one thing. Man doesn't take you where money won't. So if you just you know, especially if you go there all the time and you're a nice person, they'll probably be happy to see you coming.
Speaker 1: Pause And I know what justice this might trigger. Jessica, she wanted to work there.
Speaker 5: Follow me on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Man, rich fatherhood, Did you ever have this problem when you work at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Why do we tell people to get it off their chests?
Speaker 8: Have you always got something to say when they're getting it off?
Speaker 7: Mayn you know what's up?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 5: Where?
Speaker 1: Just where are here?
Speaker 17: Baby?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 5: Just come, man, where are you at?
Speaker 1: I'm right here, king, how are you?
Speaker 18: I'm good man, Good morning, Man morning, I'm headed. I'm in Virginia. I'm driving to North Carolina. I'm going Top Cell Beach.
Speaker 1: Okay, congratulations, is it warm down there?
Speaker 18: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Say? What is it warm?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, it's You're good out here.
Speaker 18: But I was calling to get off my chest about my co workers.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 18: Okay, I'm finally getting a break from them, and I've been I ain't had a vacation in the whole year since I started here. And you know, they cool people and everything, but you don't realize how much your the coworkers are your friends, and the people that you around every day can really just take a tax on your mind.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 18: And even if they're your good friends and you know y'all get along most of the time, you gonna have those disagreements and everybody just kind of need time away to really get their minds straight.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 18: So I'm just I'm really blessed and grateful to have this time away with my family. I got a little four year old with me.
Speaker 5: You know, we driving safe. We got the rental, I.
Speaker 18: Got my lady and the sea. She became my fiance this year.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, you sound like you work here at the breakfast club. Told you to say that, you sound like people that work up here.
Speaker 18: Hey, man, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all have a good day.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you time. I can hear the positive energy in his voice.
Speaker 6: Can't you hear it about the Raws wife All weekend he played with the kids.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying in the water the beach that's living.
Speaker 6: You hear me?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to be hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 1: The breakfast club is your time to get it off your chest. Way up. Whether you're mad or bleass, time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 13: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 18: Hey, yo, it's a going bro'll put it get it off my chest.
Speaker 1: Drop the record.
Speaker 5: Huh tell Kate out to drop the record.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Kate out on the clock. Kendrick on the clock. Man, I'm I'm I'm actually to the point.
Speaker 1: Record, bro, I don't know like that. Every day no Kate out is on the clock. And now they talk about the peas King at what at what point do we give it to Drake? At what point?
Speaker 6: Honestly, man, I think Kendrick got the weekend to Monday nightning. Now somebody, my man glasses along brought him a good point. He said it took Drake twenty three days to reply to like that.
Speaker 1: Was it that long?
Speaker 6: It was twenty I counted it out yesterday. It was twenty three days. But the only difference I would say is that Drake and Kendrick have been throwing subliminals at each other for years, and then Kendrick did a drone strike a few weeks ago with like that. I don't know if he expected people to reply. The Cole replied, even though you apologize, then Drake gave him a whole song would push up. So I don't know if Kendrick was prepared for that. I think Kendrick might have thought, I'm just going to throw these balls out. Anybody go say nothing right, But now people feeling sporty, so he's like, oh, okay, let me take a step back and get right.
Speaker 1: But he on the clock. Definitely on the clock, definitely on the clock. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Jahn't be just hilariyous? Charlot made the god Good morning, Oh Rob, how y'all feel? How y'all feeling this morning?
Speaker 1: That's black and highly favored.
Speaker 5: I'm boring girl, and listen, man, God is great, man, I feel the best this morning. I just want to shout out my youngest son out of my plan of four chairmen. Here'll be a high school graduate this year, graduate this year, okay, And I just want to tell them that to keep on going, stay positive, and keep them players going up, you know. And I love it.
Speaker 1: I mean, all right, that's let it be.
Speaker 5: I thank you, thank you, he said. But y'all know what it is. Man, it's Friday Bay this ball time, man, I said. Listen. I told him, hyzerly bless us for life, but not opportunity. Your shame. How this game is changed? Your cartoon of me? Verse after verse? How I catch it? Put it on the line, exclamation point, How I finish them? Put a dot line slow motion better than no emotion. But kidding me? Saw a coast on them right of my way from an identity, this hip hop legitiation is what I manifested speaking to us the tech sided for business there best out on the bid shout out the de sets couldn't walk through it jotion without the respect seeing bridges. How I can eat, hustle, compete, that laying the gloss ball for cheap chards is sweet popper for him and something for him for sure. Torment and a zoo me and locking and deal for most courses I've been him, stay little baby grinding because one of its they gonna be surprised on the legacy that it's coming with o.
Speaker 1: G okay o, g you got some balls shoulder.
Speaker 7: No, go ahead, baby, I got some bars you ready MC in mind shot, I said, gizmos cutting up for a d sucker's dash down with.
Speaker 1: Me to be damn you must have feel game too, But that's how I feel.
Speaker 7: Brick gifted and we're going far jess hilarious is rated on.
Speaker 1: You got kids?
Speaker 6: Oh yes, ma, yes, the rhythm, the rebel, thank God never the devil stop stirring the pot, don't forget and beyond my pause.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, guys, that ain't it? Thank you, og yo, thank you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate y'all y'all have a good weekend. Bruffing to y'all and family, peace, all right, peace, y'all, all.
Speaker 3: Right, said I got up, heal, he said, gag.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five five, And we got just with the mess coming up. What we're talking about?
Speaker 3: Fifty cent made a big movie. I'm gonna tell you all about.
Speaker 2: It, all right, we'll get into that nextus The Breakfast Club, Good Morning, the Breakfast Club, Breakfast.
Speaker 6: Club twin, the Breakfast Club, Home of sad love songs in the morning.
Speaker 14: What have you been?
Speaker 6: The songs you play when you are driving in your car and the windshield wife is are going and it's.
Speaker 1: Not even nobody No, the only.
Speaker 6: Show that can make you cry over her exit didn't give you reasons to kill it all in a.
Speaker 1: Matter of seconds. What's the row with you? Man? We are the Breakfast Club, Get to music, good morning on me with the mess.
Speaker 14: Ness reals, just corrob the more.
Speaker 20: Just, don't do no lines, don't do that, talk, don't sell nobody, talk the world why worldwide?
Speaker 1: Mess talk on the Breakfast Club. She's the culture ship.
Speaker 21: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to.
Speaker 1: See the time to set it off. Oh she got her glasses on. We're about to get a good read now, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Guess I'm about to try and give a deal.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 3: Look, so all right, this is good news.
Speaker 8: Fifty launches G Units studios in Louisiana. She report to be exact driver clues for that, because that's good.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 3: Following it, tele Price footsteps to me, like, this is great.
Speaker 8: Any plans to revitalize the downtown area. He's purchased and purchasing more and more and more properties down there. So basically just you know, renovating the whole hole little city. G unit will be built. That's that's where the stud will be built down there. And this is also going to open up a lot of jobs for people to a lot of job our people and stuff like that. So I think this is great. A press conference for it will be held on April eighteen.
Speaker 1: Twel yesterday. The conference yesterday.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'm sorry, so yea, he did the conference yesterday. We have audio, but it's just saying the same thing that I just said, So I don't care to play play it.
Speaker 3: But congratulations fifty.
Speaker 2: I love that yeah, they're gonna start shooting by the end of the year that they're banking on. But yeah, he's buying an apartment complex, he's buying houses, he's buying our restaurants, he's buying clubs. He's buying so when the actors, directors and people come down there, they have some place to go that's safe that they can enjoy.
Speaker 1: So he's really invested into that city.
Speaker 2: And he has another announcement that he's doing like a huge weekend to bring more money to the city.
Speaker 1: So fifty's doing a lot down there.
Speaker 2: He's having all his friends and people down there to heavily look in there and see.
Speaker 1: What they can do. So Treesport is dope.
Speaker 6: That is fifty cents fifty. He used to be bullying rappers on mixtapes. Now he's doing and TV. Now he's doing TV and film at such a high level that he's got his own studio, owns the street for it. I don't think what Pitty is doing in the TV and film world is being appreciated enough.
Speaker 1: But salute abstantly.
Speaker 3: Thank you joppacles One for my assistant with more information.
Speaker 1: I was there, That's why I said I was there. Thank you. Oh you was there yesterday.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't go yesterday, but I was there. I've been there twice a Ready Street Sport.
Speaker 3: He's my inside source.
Speaker 1: So that's good.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: All Right, moving on other news. Seane did an interview. Now listen, this this what I I didn't really know. Y'all had to tell me that I didn't know that shot. I actually seen Shine's interview, right, and I didn't know that that was the Shine that was repping like biggie. Yeah, Like, I did not know that because this man is from Belize.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't talk like he's sound in the song who Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Did not know that. He looked like a little past I was like, dang, it's the same shot.
Speaker 1: From But he was a politician, politician, I know.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 8: And everybody listen, all right, all right, I'm gonna keep my comments with myself to the end of the story. But but everybody who didn't know whatever, there was a ninety nine I mean, are shooting back in ninety nine in New York that was like in connection with Diddy, Sean and three victims. Diddy and Sean were both arrested for it. Diddy got to quit it, and Sean did ten years. When he got out of jail, he was the quarterback to Belize and where he became the head of the Belize United Democratic Party. He's okay, life got all types of Swinston turns.
Speaker 1: But that allowed him to come back to the States.
Speaker 2: So now he could come back to the States as an official against member of whatever it is, the board or whatever.
Speaker 1: Maybe yes, thank you so much, assistant.
Speaker 8: But but they're in and Belize, they're like they did this this interview with him there because they have a problem with that. They're like, they're like, you got deported and.
Speaker 1: They just trying to like, like, you know, come form or whatever.
Speaker 8: Right, And this is this audio and the interview when they was asking him about his past over.
Speaker 14: Here opens woos who you know?
Speaker 22: The victims saying that it was did it that shot her? Everyone knew all along that that was the fall guy. I'm not going to get into that, but I am believe that people are saying what the truth is that you know, I did not shoot those people. Fragments were never removed, so there was never any forensic testing to say who it was. But the victims are vindicating me, witnesses are vindicating me, but I have moved on.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to relive that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I saw a lot of people saying, you know why Shine just speaking on that now, But he's always said that, Yeah, he's consistent with that. So when the report ask him that he think his association with did he taint his image? Shine just repeated the same thing he's been saying. Yeah, since nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 8: But when you do take the fall for something, that's just always going to be a stay like you took the fall for But can't.
Speaker 6: People grow and people have all clearly he's a clear case of growth and evolution.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, absolutely absolutely, But yeah, that's that's just what I'm saying, is just always going to be that same people can grow and evolved from it.
Speaker 3: But the fact that he did take the fall for something like that.
Speaker 2: But did he take the fall because he didn't plead guilty, you know, he was charged, but he didn't plead guilty and said this was I'm doing this, but you know they charged him with it, you know, so it didn't really take the fall because he's been saying he's been innocent for even when he was even when he got out.
Speaker 1: He said, I didn't shoot that shoot the victim.
Speaker 8: Natania Rubin, who's been speaking up for years, also one of the victims. She was, She's always said that did he was the one to shoot her. So, I mean, both of their stories kind of do support each other. But yeah, that this has recently just come about this interview which was on Channel five.
Speaker 1: Believes, No, that's just what I and people act like. He didn't get asked that, he got asked that, Yeah, he just bought it up.
Speaker 8: And since O nine believe no, no, no, since he got the port, since yeah, they even asking him about this and believe so, yup, you just rapped your fingerup.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I had another story.
Speaker 6: But whatever, that's with the mess and her news is real.
Speaker 1: That's right now.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got front page news. Donald Trump was back in court, but who cares. We got to tell you about Juror five and we'll explain it when we come back.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's DJ NV, Jess Larry charlamage to god, we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news now. NBA quickly to play the tournament games tonight, the Bulls take on the Heat at seven o'clock and the Pelicans take on the Heat at nine thirty. And let me just warn you about some things that's going on if you have kids in school. The blackout challenge.
Speaker 1: Is back right? The hell is the blackout challenge?
Speaker 2: It's a TikTok challenge that has landed a couple of middle school students in the hospital. It's a challenge where you're supposed to hold your breath until you pass out. Oh god, now two students in the South Orange, New Jersey actually had to go to the hospital because of it. So tell your kids, don't do no stupid challenges.
Speaker 1: Please. Why didn't want to do that?
Speaker 6: What is the point? I'm just trying to What is the point? Like, what are they trying to prove it?
Speaker 1: I don't know? All right now. Also, there is the can you hear me? Scam?
Speaker 2: Now, this is the latest scam where somebody calls you and says can you hear me? You say yes, and they record your voice of you saying yes. Then they use your voice to try to open up bank accounts or try to get money from your bank and even order things online. So when the person asks you something, it just replies yes, yes, because they have your voice is saying yes. So people are saying please be careful of the can you hear me now?
Speaker 6: Scam who they're calling that says yes, because whenever I'm on the phone and my phone is breaking up, I'm not saying when somebody was like, can you hear me, I've never said yes.
Speaker 1: You'd be like, yo, can you hear me? Yeah? Yo, can you hear me?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can hear you. Yeah, I can hear you.
Speaker 6: Then you wait a little bit and then you say yo here. They'd be like, yo, you hear me?
Speaker 1: Now, y'all can hear you? I've never said yes.
Speaker 3: Hear When I just came people, I just hang out like I don't ever.
Speaker 1: I love that I don't go to any U.
Speaker 7: Yesterday and last twelve jurors have been picked for the Donald's Trump Donald Trump's hush money trialed.
Speaker 2: They still have to pick a couple of alternatives. But who I want to discuss is Jura five.
Speaker 6: Well, now talk about that good sister during number five man now got the number two? I saw the number. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: This be something? Well, she is described as a younger black woman.
Speaker 6: That's right. From all, that's right. She works as a school teacher, now, an English teacher. Woman after my own art, because my mom is an English teacher.
Speaker 1: That's right. Now.
Speaker 6: They asked the where she gets her information from. You're speeding, She says she's a creative at heart, that's right. She does photography with her friends. In her spare time, she likes to go to the theta Okay, very.
Speaker 1: Well rounded woman. This is immaculate taste. I'm hearing. That's right, immaculate taste. Now.
Speaker 2: They asked where she gets her news information from. She said, normally she gets her news from Google and TikTok okay, okay, she listens to inspirational podcast that's right, and what else? And sometimes she listens to the Breakfast Club radio show.
Speaker 6: Now, I want the record the show I only saw one outlet said occasionally every other outlet I said, I saw. She said she listens to the Breakfast Club, a popular morning program based out of a New York City hip hop radio station.
Speaker 1: Now, should we be nervous that she gets the news? Laws?
Speaker 6: No, I mean she's very well informed. Okay, all right, very well informed human. That person is okay, right, I respect it dropping a clues bond for Jordan them. Thank you for listening because we love all our listeners, okay.
Speaker 2: And when she when they asked if they ever heard of Trump's other criminal cases, she said, yes, of course.
Speaker 6: Very honest woman, by the way, the only honest woman on that jura, on that jury, clearly because you're not gonna sit in tell me that the eleven other people on that jury never heard of any of Trump's other criminal cases. If they've never heard of any of other of Trump's other criminal cases, the media is really really really doing a piss poor job at not at doing that job. That's right, You've never heard of any of Trump's criminal cases. Trump talks about his criminal cases and the witch hunts that they are. The media talks about his criminal cases, and that one woman, that one honest woman raised her hand and told the truth. I would have dismissed everybody else except for her, just kept up. Everybody else is a liar. You're a liar, and you know you're a liar.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: The trial resumes this morning at nine thirty eight m So I'm sure Juror five is on her way to the courthouse.
Speaker 1: So good morning to you dress five.
Speaker 6: And also, by the way, the fact that none of the other jurors, all the other jewis that I never heard of Trump's other cases.
Speaker 1: Trump getting off.
Speaker 6: The fact that they are already willing to lie like that, and this case hasn't even started yet.
Speaker 1: Trump getting off telling you that right now.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is front page news. Now when we come back, a little Duvaal will be joining us. So we're gonna kick it with Duvall when we come back.
Speaker 1: So don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, wlling. Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarian, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, wo making this every five year appearance. Yeah, man, I'm finally here.
Speaker 4: Even trying to get me here for a while, but I've been pushing it off. I think it's been five years, right, it's been that long.
Speaker 1: It's been that loone.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm here now, man, they finally got me. I ain't had no choice.
Speaker 1: How you feeling.
Speaker 4: I'm blessed, man, I'm blessed. I can't even complain, man, I'm just here just promoting this podcast. We got to the conversations with conversations with because I've been doing that Ben's posted did, but they finally got.
Speaker 1: Me do it.
Speaker 6: So what the hell finally made you sit down and say I'm gonna do a podcast?
Speaker 1: I hate talking to him like I don't talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is gonna be the boring this God damnause.
Speaker 14: I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna ask me. I don't want to talk about it. So it's just what we doing.
Speaker 3: But what is conversations though?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: What? What? Like?
Speaker 14: This is something that they they made me do honestly, honestly.
Speaker 4: Because like, honestly since day one, Charlamage have been telling me get in the podcast.
Speaker 14: Since he been how long y'all been.
Speaker 4: Doing brilliant eleven years? Eleven years? And I never did it. And then when you started to stop, you had the one with your sister. Yeah, I stopped because I did that just for my sister. Then I stopped, and then I got hit by that car and I was sitting there and had nothing to do, and then Clay talked me into doing this.
Speaker 14: So I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: How you doing since that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 14: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I can't even complain. I'm blessed man. I healed back perfectly. I could do everything. That's so I'm blessed man.
Speaker 1: That ain't the question you asked earlier.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what I said about I said, so you fell off the roof or you off the roof?
Speaker 1: What she.
Speaker 4: No, I got hit by a car. I mean I got hit by a car on my foe wheel.
Speaker 1: And I was on it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, so I was on a tour with you. You had a whole it was like a cartoon.
Speaker 3: It was set up.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's how far. I got hit, Like, I really got hit and flew like you.
Speaker 3: Saw the roof and all I remember saying the roof you've seen everything was like it was like a plane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I really flew. Yeah that's what you see. Me saw the roof. I was able to see. That's how how it was, and the like I flew like I really almost.
Speaker 8: Dis and we was and we was definite because he actually used it and this it wasn't.
Speaker 1: I called him once you the first one I called him. He face tied me from the scene. I faced out.
Speaker 14: I was in to death. I was bleeding to death.
Speaker 1: Thought he was in the movie. Yes, I called him to call. I don't know.
Speaker 6: He was like, he was like, man, I think this is I'm never gonna dance again. I'm never gonna perform.
Speaker 1: And I think I said it was over. Man, I kept saying it was over. I don't call trade of true because you know trade is always.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I hung up with him, and I had to call Clay, and Clay Clay play spoke spoke life into me this you might as well die.
Speaker 1: I called see what.
Speaker 6: Was going on, because I swear I thought he was playing until the end when I started doctors turning him around, and then he started like streaming in a way.
Speaker 14: I'm like everybody thought was playing until I went live.
Speaker 4: For when I went live, and and I showed him drilling my knee live like doing surgery that playing.
Speaker 1: But I made it through.
Speaker 6: Man, you're gonna have to tell this story a million times for the rest of your life, just because it is such a testimony.
Speaker 1: I do tell it on stage.
Speaker 4: That's why, I mean, just on Stage's why I ain't telling too much now because I want to leave it for stage. I try to get separation for both, to get a little bit here and a little bit on stage.
Speaker 14: So that's what I do now.
Speaker 4: That's why I ain't telling too much of it, but I do talk about it on stage. It actually kind of pushed my standing more because it left the elephant in the room.
Speaker 1: I ain't had no choice but to beyond me. I was in a wheelchair.
Speaker 3: What was you that when I was there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So a lot of people showed me love, like matter of fact, who gave me the most love with them handicapped people, Like if my first show, like thirty handicapped up up front of the wheelchairs and they spoke lifely to me and everything. Man welcome then to I'm talking about the like when I was messed up, like they was dming me telling me because I always showed love to them on social media and like and like in Jacksonville and stuff.
Speaker 14: So when my time came, they came and showed me love.
Speaker 4: Like I support anybody that's in the wheelchair because they take a lot just to get up and just to get in that chair just every day. I don't say how they do it because I couldn't do it for six months. I was going crazy.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 6: You be shotting out the crips now, but you ain't talking about the crips, not the game.
Speaker 1: You be talking about the people in the wheelchair.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, shot out wheelchair game as you should do.
Speaker 1: You feel good though?
Speaker 14: Now I feel good?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Like I Like I said, Clay, he instilled life and timmy to him.
Speaker 1: I was gonna make it.
Speaker 4: And then the last day I got off my crutch and he went over. So he made it all the way to get me back on my feet and then went on over.
Speaker 14: That's life, man.
Speaker 1: No, that is life.
Speaker 6: Because the last picture Clay posted was me and you, him and Jayski.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. It was almost like a movie like he was. Really it just enough for me to get gone, get back on my feet. It was dope though, I mean it was. It's a beautiful thing. But it's just I had to go through it, you know what I'm saying. So I don't regret nothing I went through.
Speaker 1: How do you find comedy in that? Though?
Speaker 14: It's life? Everything in life is comedy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The most powerful comedy is the stuff that you went through the most, the hardest things you went through the So that's comedy.
Speaker 14: I don't see. I don't see having good comedy without heart.
Speaker 8: I really feel like you are one of the few people who make anything funny or even if it ain't funny to other people.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm telling you I didn't. I didn't believe you either didn't take it serious.
Speaker 8: And the audience was laughing, like like we.
Speaker 4: Didn't have the fact think about it that I told him when I was like, when if I ever made a like I don't do those. You know how people be out and making fun of people. I don't never do no comedy like that. So for when people thought it was joke, I was like, how y'all joke? I ain't never did no.
Speaker 14: Spoof like this.
Speaker 6: I guess because we don't really take nothing serious, which is we don't.
Speaker 1: I don't, and I get it.
Speaker 4: That's why I didn't take it person I don't take none of that stuff personal. But it's just like I was like, damn, why I could they even think that I was joking? And I'm made it because I was doing it myself. Really bleeding to death right there, I'm like, I don't know, I'm really dying.
Speaker 6: But you know, the funny part is people think do all be joking, But a lot of the ways he moves is how we should live in life. Like a lot of us hate on other people's problems. Like I sent him something the other day and I was like, man, look what this person going through. He didn't respond back.
Speaker 1: So yesterday we start talking about somebody said, yeah, but you ain't say nothing about such and stuff, and you like, because I didn't give them and I was like, you.
Speaker 14: Right, I want to say something, but I ended up saying their name. So I ain't gonna say it.
Speaker 1: No, don't say.
Speaker 3: Don't twenty five years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this's my twenty fifth year, man, And that's that's really not a lot in comedy. It's just you got to thank somebody like Cedrick and Rusam. They've been doing it for like, damn there, forty fifty how long I think even Mike Sel Mike Eepp's he.
Speaker 14: Been doing it at least like forty, right, forty if.
Speaker 4: I've been doing it twenty wait, I was a kid watching them, you know what I'm saying. So Michael Blacks have been doing as long as I realized.
Speaker 1: How old they was when we were young. Though now how young they was when we were young.
Speaker 14: I've been doing the twenty five year ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Mike ain't nothing but like fifty something, yeah.
Speaker 14: Fifty I don't know.
Speaker 4: Mike, Yeah yeah, Mike like fifty something, but he been doing a long time, sir, for twenty five years. Sounds like a long time. But they're really not in comedy game, you know what I'm saying. It's really not. But it's part of life. I love it.
Speaker 1: Do you care about the type of jokes you make at this point? Nope?
Speaker 14: That makes whatever I feel like, what goes?
Speaker 4: I don't well my standards more so entertainer like they call I call myself Sammy David Duval. So I do more than just stand up. I do stand up, comedy, entertaining lab Damn. We're gonna do everything I much. And that's why I feel like the evolution of our people are like, we don't want to just sit there and just.
Speaker 14: Watch stand up. We think we do, but we really.
Speaker 4: Though like we you will sit there and watch six comedians and they everybody doing twenty five minutes a piece.
Speaker 14: That's like three hours.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be sleep if they ain't doing some type of entertaining thing. So that's why I understood. So I implement that in my show and keep them going.
Speaker 6: So it's your fault. All these comedians started making songs.
Speaker 14: He said that because he texts me that every week. See it's your fault. See it's your fault every time somebody do.
Speaker 1: So that's you.
Speaker 14: That's you. I mean I am.
Speaker 1: I guess yes, but it's part of it.
Speaker 14: Were gonna see more and more of it.
Speaker 4: It's just I'm the only one that actually perfected and then took it to another level that made a hit song. But I see people like DC Young Flo. All they need is one song and it's gonna take him to that next level.
Speaker 14: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: All Right, we got more with Little Duval when we come back.
Speaker 2: Is the Breakfast Club Good Morning, Everybody's DJ n V Jesse, larrys Chalamaine, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Little duvall Chamae.
Speaker 1: You've been enjoint the Drake ric Ross for you though, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 14: I love it.
Speaker 4: It was better than when J Coles because I was really root for J Cole's man.
Speaker 1: But then why why not? Because I knew they wasn't gonna die.
Speaker 14: I knew it wasn't gonna be no B.
Speaker 1: But I didn't think ven had an issue to want to even go out of each they did.
Speaker 4: You could tell, like if you look back at the old stuff that they had like a little competition.
Speaker 14: So that was good enough.
Speaker 1: Like the it was.
Speaker 4: It was lyrical warfare and then it tapped out after you gave it. It was cool, like even when I don't know how recent interview was with Kendrick with Big Boy, but he was like, man, it was competition and it was like it was like, I mean, I don't have no beef for them.
Speaker 14: I just don't think he better than me.
Speaker 6: Different though, like you can't really have a friendly rapt you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not nowadays.
Speaker 4: Yes, they just so you really thought Kendrick and Jacob were gonna come here as.
Speaker 6: Up No, but j Cole was born, he was, I was. I was enjoying it and he was lying. I didn't believe none of that.
Speaker 14: I enjoyed the So you thought all the what what's name was Sam? Was real? What upac was?
Speaker 1: Sam? Was real? Yes?
Speaker 14: You did, well, I did too, but I was a kid.
Speaker 4: It was We were supposed to believe it, just like wrestling, you're supposed to believe that real until you get older.
Speaker 14: Now I can enjoy it. I can enjoy like this, not gonna die.
Speaker 6: But that's why Ross is doing because Ross come from a certain era.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think Ross gave a real like beef response and it was quick.
Speaker 14: That's why you gotta give his props like we still didn't hear Kendrick yet. And that's why Ken he dogs he a Geminiya.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to think.
Speaker 14: When I met him, what's he?
Speaker 1: No, he ain't.
Speaker 4: No, I know where about I'm taller than I Everybody told you that many people. Now, I'm taller than everybody that's short, everybody that's short, I'm taller than I'm the tallest. I'm talling to cav I'm taller than who else short?
Speaker 3: Kevin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm talking who else short out here? That's on YouTube. You can look on YouTube and see we went back and forth with that one. That's about ten fifteen years ago, fifteen Everything you don't seen viral. Now, we done done it fifteen years ago. It just got resurface.
Speaker 1: Bake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we done done. Me and him not done. A bunch of skins were probably the first.
Speaker 14: Now, I don't do none of that. Don't bring up our past that you deleted.
Speaker 1: It ain't no. I think about one all the time and I'm just waiting now delete that. Who got hits it on my I don't know where it's.
Speaker 14: Tell anybody wants to know. I deleted.
Speaker 3: Did you Baltimore yet? But we don't want We do.
Speaker 4: That this weekend. Now we do Baltimore. I can't wait. Like Baltimore always showed me live too. I just looked at a picture like sometimes be doing. I don't be knowing why I do it. But I was in some hood and you wouldn't even like when I'm around like the street, they don't be on that street. They want to laugh, yeah, not even just laugh. It's just like we just they're not even Yeah it's not and I'm not like trying to be like on the street. It's just like they just it just brings out the I think they turned back to being my nephew or something like. They don't look at me like that. So I bring that good energy to them. And that's what the last what I got when I went in Baltimore. I gotta do that dance too when I come on stage.
Speaker 14: That what's that? Yeah, I gotta do that.
Speaker 4: It came from a hood yes, I gotta do that, and I gotta do that y'all that y'all call something else.
Speaker 14: We called the City Boy, but y'all call it something else.
Speaker 3: Y'all do like, oh my god, my little sister be.
Speaker 1: There ain't nothing but the City Boy that y'all renamed.
Speaker 3: But I don't know I got it from Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we talked about on some media. We went back and forth by it. But we go there this weekend with the Wee the Ones tour. That's that's a hard ass to it.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 6: We're all doing that thing, is you, Mike Chico call those DC d ray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we selling out to and we all showing love like everybody ain't no egos, everybody doing they thing.
Speaker 14: We all encouraging each other.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: If anything, I'm the one doing the doing the most.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like I have to short my time up because I really be doing too much. But it is disrespectful as a comedian, like you don't want to go over your time, especially when you've got so many comedians on that. It ain't about being the funniest, it's just when you're going up your time. Three minutes don't sound like a lot, but it really is a lot. If you got five other comedian and that's last person going up, he gotta wait because I have to go up last some time too, and I hate going last too, so you want to be respectful for that.
Speaker 14: But all in all, we all doing.
Speaker 4: If I go over too much, then Mike might might shorten his time, or Chico or somebody like that.
Speaker 14: So we all doing our thing.
Speaker 1: Somebody died at the shore.
Speaker 14: I ain't talking about that. I ain't go ahead on he wanted to go straight to.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we're doing our thing.
Speaker 8: Man, it's a comedian that you that you hate going after them.
Speaker 4: You know, I can go after people don't like going after me. Anybody that go after me, they doing their thing. That's why I show love to DC like all the new commedia. Well I don't even they not even knew them about all the ones that came up after me. Yeah, the younger ones that they can go up after me, they the truth and all them go up after me and they all do their thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wanted to.
Speaker 6: You know, people be wondering how you stay so relevant on social media, but you were a social media.
Speaker 1: Guy early, early, earlier, earlier, yeah, we always you was too.
Speaker 14: You know what I'm saying. We all was.
Speaker 4: It's just we grandfathered in that. So it ain't no stopping me on social media. You could try. They done deleted me so many goddamn time. It is what it is at this point.
Speaker 1: How social media helped you as a as an artist.
Speaker 4: Just like anything else, It's just another form of way of doing Entertainment's just another outlet. So I just took that outlet and capitalize off of It's like, whatever next, if I give it, I'm a jump on that too. But I'm getting older, and now you know, we're done talk about it.
Speaker 14: An I feel like I'm doing what I want to do.
Speaker 4: I feel like if I'm already planning at the seas of what I wanted to do. Now I'm just watching the blurish and doing everything. And I don't like to talk about what I'm doing. I just like to do it now because when you talk about it, it kind of takes the impact from it.
Speaker 6: Do Ball one of them people that truly appreciates everything he has. That's why he gets blessed with more. That's the problem with the area we live in. Nobody appreciates where they at and everybody just do what they see work, you know what I'm saying. That's that's that's that's what made it so hard.
Speaker 4: For me to get into podcast now, is because I feel like podcast is just another I mean, it's good, but it's it's like what you do. It's me, you know what I'm saying. Like when we started, we all that was our thing. I don't want to do what he do. He don't want to do what I do. It's just now that entertainment that's evolved over to more media and that not everybody doing it. So I feel like that's what we gotta do. Well, I don't give a about media, and that's what we are. Entertainers, We not media, you know what I'm saying. But well, yeah you are now you are, and you're good at it, you know what I'm saying. You're good. But I could do this. But I really just like entertaining and I like just being in the public. I'm a social person. That's what social media.
Speaker 14: He needya.
Speaker 4: I'm social. I'm social. That's why we work good together. And I'm still social. He's still need it. Just Needy is popping them. Yeah, and that's why everybody else going to it. That's why I ain't working for them. But it worked for people like this because this is really what he is.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm twenty five years in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they trying to skip the line, but they ain't gonna do it. They keep trying this.
Speaker 2: See all right, we got more with a little Duval when we come back as the Breakfast Club. Good morning Poorn't everybody be all the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking him with little Duval.
Speaker 1: He's here, Charlamagne. We had a draw call Michael. Yeah, he said, he said, comedy is a dying up.
Speaker 4: I mean it just evolved, you know, it's just evolved this We look at stand up because that's all we got. But stand up is damnar like jazz. Now you know what I'm saying. It's it's still there, but it's evolving too. What I'm doing social media and now you know what I'm saying, even though they ain't comedians, but we program it was over fifteen twenty years of social media to make them think that they comedians. So the public think that's that's comedian. So that's just all it is. I don't see no difference. I mean stand up and stand up, and it's just evolved into something else, is it?
Speaker 1: In the tentive audience at y'all shows? Because you got you, you got DC all the time.
Speaker 4: It is the way we do it. You know the way we do it. You make it a tent of at least way I do it. You know what I'm saying. I make sure I make sure the whole show good. I try to make make the balance to wear. It's a good time where we're having a comedy party. It's a comedy party, you know what I'm saying. So when say fans, if you ain't into the party party, you gonna be in the comedy part. If you ain't the comedy party, you can be into the party party, the party party, the party party.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm just both. I'm giving I give it all, and that's what it is. Jet Nah, I flew commercial. It costs too much to flop in New York air poor and the gas way more here, but y'all here this weekend.
Speaker 1: You're in Atlantic City.
Speaker 14: Sac No, I'm in Baltimore first, and I go to Atlantic City. I'm gonna fly back, get my plan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, I'm gonna fly back, get my plane and we're gonna go there and go to Atlantic State and then come back.
Speaker 6: Well, we're happy that you decided to come here this morning, so you don't get fine.
Speaker 1: Man, we appreciate you.
Speaker 14: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 4: I appreciate Black Effect and you and Dolly for being patient with it. Because they been gave me the money for this. I don't even know if I got them. I think Clay got it Clay, so I don't even know if I even got on. But Clay wanted it to be all of y'all. Honestly, that's really real reason why I did. It's just me and Clay were supposed to do this together, you know what I'm saying. So, so once he died, I just feel like it's my obligation to do this because I mean, I was really doing it for him. You've been telling me to do it. I've been pushing this forever. And then once Clay started talking to me, I was leaning on that. God damn bit it ain't had doing all right, I do it. And once we start talking about it and he started talking about what he wanted to do, it started making more sense to me.
Speaker 6: And then he died, telling you working too hard. Yeah, I really have like for people like stealing money, but it's kind of hard.
Speaker 14: I just like doing what I do.
Speaker 4: It's hard for me just sit here and see this as entertainment. Just sitting here rambling and that's all podcast is to me.
Speaker 3: But maybe you had to just chill out.
Speaker 6: Maybe.
Speaker 4: I mean, I do it now. I mean, and I see them because I see the impact of it. Just with my my show. I just seem like it's doing pretty good. So I guess I was supposed to do it. Like a lot of stuff I don't like to do, but I do it if my friends and family tell me I should do it, And a lot of that type A lot of that type of stuff has actually worked in my favorite So I listen to people that I trust, which is people like this, people.
Speaker 14: Like playing like that.
Speaker 4: You got you got guests, Yeah, I got guests on there every episode with a conversation with different people. Yeah, it's just me talking to people talking to me, trying to give me, trying to ask me for advice, and just ask me advice on life, not on business, not on on Entertainment's just regular life stuff, you know what I'm saying. I mean, I think we got enough gurus on on goddamn business and how to get money, and we see where that took us. Hell no, you know that I don't get enough credit for how many? How much do the turned down from that ovide people hit him a couple.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie. I ain't gonna say nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all two goddamn censored for interview.
Speaker 4: I am saying so now, it's just not so much for me. It's just I understand how, especially nowadays, people looking for the grab, and I ain't gonna give it to them.
Speaker 14: I ain't.
Speaker 4: I've never been to try to go viral. It's just it's just halfy, you know, so you won't get it downstairs. TMD just trying to run up on. I sing a gospel song that she ain't know what.
Speaker 14: I don't know. I just started singing gospel.
Speaker 4: God is on my side and she was like, what she don't know what to do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: Listen download Low du Balls Conversations with available everywhere you listen to podcast.
Speaker 14: Go check out what else am I forgetting?
Speaker 1: We don't want comedy?
Speaker 4: We don't one's comedy too, Yes, Brooke Store, Yeah, I just opened up. I ain't opened it up. Yeah, I'm building it right now. She'd be opened up by the time we were the ones to hit Jacksonville. Jacksonville, Yeah, yeah, yeah. So it's over there on the north side on bunkyr Head, right off edge with if you from Jacksonville, you know what it is.
Speaker 14: So just right in the hood, you know.
Speaker 4: I did that just for my community, just to have a storefront for everybody to come show love. And I'll be selling like my merchandise, my old lady's little lip gloss and stuff she got going on, a little heill and cream, the stuff to help all the scars that on my body. So and what else I got all day on July thirteenth, I do duve all day.
Speaker 14: Y'all come on down and yeah, that's that's summer hood.
Speaker 4: Like if you remember Black College weekend a freaknik, it's like that but safer and you won't go to jail for doing nothing crazy.
Speaker 1: You had sexy right out there early.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, now that was last year. Yeah, how much a year can change, man, A year can change. Like I just knew when I saw on social media, I was like, nah, she next And then when she came to Jacksonville and I saw how Jacksonville was a receptive to her.
Speaker 14: I was like, oh, nah, she fanna go.
Speaker 4: She because she represents really what the street said, and she don't apologetic. And what was really the hardest thing about what I respect her When she had that baby, she didn't get her body done. She just and that's what a lot of I think, that's what a lot of people connected with her. She didn't get a body done. So she was just like a real hood.
Speaker 1: Did you realize all that healing preemu and stuff work when you was going through?
Speaker 4: No, I realized I did everything, man, everything Dolly told me to do. Everything I tried. Yeah, Dev shot death man, Dev. She spoke to me and she she did all that stuff that she do.
Speaker 1: All that ring.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't know what it's called renting.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't know the terminos, but all that work, man, So anything did I tell y'all to do that that worked for me?
Speaker 14: It kind of work, let me tell it.
Speaker 6: So yeah, man, little ball ladies and gentlemen, a little Duvall is the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: Everybody is Team Envy, Jess, Larry Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club on this Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning. That's right. God a little du ball for pulling up man. I missed Little Duball yesterday. Yeah, he was in Alabama, Bama.
Speaker 6: Make sure you download Little Duball's podcast conversations with un on the Black Effect I Heeart Radio podcast network.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: There will be in Atlantic City this weekend too for the we didn't want to tomorrow, and.
Speaker 8: Then Baltimore as well tonight, right, I believe Baltimore to night and then you come back up here.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, Okay, Well, let's get to Jess with the mass is real.
Speaker 20: Whether it's Jeff Robber Moore, just don't do no lines, don't doody.
Speaker 1: Low why Jess worldwise on the Breakfast Club, she's the coaches ship.
Speaker 21: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to.
Speaker 8: See this time to set it off some sensitive to this case because I am pregnant and stuff like this ruffles my father. So the judge finds Indianapolis mother who admitted to some mother and her two month old baby to death while high on meth not guilty.
Speaker 23: And Judge Mark Stoner ruled within the last hour that Dasha Lacey did not commit a criminal act of neglect that resulted in her two month old baby's death. Lacey allegedly admitted in a police interview that she smothered her child while she was high on meth and tired. She allegedly put a pillow on the baby's face to make her stop crying. Lacey's other daughter, who was only three at the time, testified that she saw her mom put a pillow on her baby's face, but there was no medical or physical evidence presented at trial to show that the baby was smothered or that she died from suffocation.
Speaker 19: Court accordingly and HER's judgment of not guilty reluctantly, I do hope that you will take the opportunity to get the counseling that you need, to get the counseling for the children that you need. The you learn from this behavior, and hopefully the rest of the community learns from this behavior that you cannot go out and party on the weekend and be with children.
Speaker 1: Well, how did the baby die?
Speaker 3: In exactly right? And then and then you had a three year old TASTI fight against the mother.
Speaker 8: She says she saw her mommy put a pillow on her little sister's face, and so she stopped crying, and the mommy admitted to me, and the mommy admitted to it as well, and she was found not guilty, found not guilty, found not guilty. What state was this, Indianapolis? Well, who's judging the judge exactly? So that's that's why I also wanted to point out this case because that caused me to do some digging in his history, and I found that he also had another case that he was previously criticized for in Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: The Indianapolis Police Union is calling for a Marion County Superior Court judge to resign.
Speaker 9: Yeah, officers, they're outraged and calling for judicial reform after the sentence given to the man who shot and killed i IMPDA officer Brian Lee.
Speaker 24: What started as the death Toly case ended with the sentence of time served a little less than four years for killing a police officer. Now doors he received an additional twenty five years in prison for the attempted murder of his girlfriend, But that's far less than the maximum sentence the prosecutors asked for.
Speaker 6: Now, is he not sending these people to prison because he's getting them some type of help, because I know in that case the guy was mentally ill and the woman was on mess or was he giving them like rehab or sending them to mental health facilities?
Speaker 1: What is he doing?
Speaker 8: He's just like, now, yeah, he released the mother to go home, Like, no, he didn't get her any help. He And then this is the crazy thing too, Now the three year old is still in her care, Like this is what you do.
Speaker 1: You get high, you're a junkie.
Speaker 8: So now you still go back home with your three year old who just saw you kill our sister.
Speaker 1: Isn't it something called postpartum something with.
Speaker 2: Hate the babies or something like that, And that's like something I had none of that though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, none of that, you know, And so that's crazy. There is a petition online for him to step down. Not only are imp the officers upset with him, but residents of Indianapolis are upset with him as well, so they're looking for reform yep uh. In Lighter News, Neil confirms romances with multiple women.
Speaker 20: I feel like in the realm, bulk love and romances should let people do whatever the.
Speaker 1: Hell they want to. Just can't see how I'm hurting anybody because to be honest.
Speaker 20: I don't need I don't need the government to tell me what it is I can but can't do life. This is the first time that I've been in a.
Speaker 19: H relationship situation like this.
Speaker 25: So how are there that no songs about it will come to pass them?
Speaker 21: Not?
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: I just I don't force it. When it comes to music, it happens naturally. Have organic you recommend the situation you're in now?
Speaker 7: No, No, I don't recommend anything to anybody.
Speaker 1: Work with me might not work for you, a white person. What the hell is Neil talking about?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 8: But they pulled up on him and he was walking with two women, so you know he has two girlfriends at the time or whatever they would call themselves.
Speaker 1: But in a Polynesian sauce relationship.
Speaker 8: Okay, yes, And he also was saying, like I I do like how you.
Speaker 3: Said, I don't recommend this to anybody, Like, I'm just doing what I'm doing. You can choose to do whatever you want to do. But he's seems to be a basking in this new romance.
Speaker 8: He loves it, and he's also they was talking about making making music about polygamy.
Speaker 1: Something he seems like he's happy if he had personal life.
Speaker 6: Dropping the clue bombs with Neal, he got two ladies calling him big head.
Speaker 8: What you call the person big head that you want to get back with, not the one that you with. They don't become big head until you're gone. Oh okay, I have been out here, so nobody ever wanted you back because that's the only way you will be called a big head.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 8: Elephant Man says he's he's a father to thirty eight children. Jesus yup, and he said he's open to have a more kids to thirty eight. Thirty eight elephant man. They don't call him elephant for not a trunk swinging all over the place, you think?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 8: I mean I got Larsa Pippen and Marcus Jordan go on a beach date relations status and question. This is why both of them clowns should stay off of line about each other. Beyonce called me crazy country documentary headed to Max, so she's also dropping a country documentary okay, being Oh, I like this too. Tye Young reveals that she signed on his assistant coach for the Chicago Sky. Y'all, y'all know ty Young out there. That's well, she was on Love and Hip Hop very briefly, but I love her. She's she's like great energy all the time. That's a Mimi Faust ex girlfriend.
Speaker 1: That's all for my news.
Speaker 3: I mean that said. It ain't much going on out there, but yeah, that's that's about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well that is yes with the mess.
Speaker 8: Okay, look, I've been doing my thing.
Speaker 3: I really have.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, Like I chose to dig up that judge's pass, that's right, you know, because I want to know if the judge get.
Speaker 12: How off me?
Speaker 1: F two?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. And his last name is Stoner is Judge Mark Stoner? Mm, so that's why I said, I don't know. I don't know what's going on with him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, can you take Charloamne serious with this stupid No?
Speaker 3: I know what was he looking at me?
Speaker 1: Because I don't care? What what does this have to do with me?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 1: Can I just sit over here because to do my job? Okay, yes, I do?
Speaker 6: Okay, And guess what when I don't have nothing to say, I don't be wanting to say it.
Speaker 1: But then y'all say something to me to maybe want to say something.
Speaker 3: Saying, no, that's just the best for Friday.
Speaker 1: Alright, Charlamage, we give you a donkey two man for after the hour.
Speaker 6: I did something like this a couple of months ago because I don't know where this this new, this trend of using corpses to get money is coming from. A young woman named Erica needs to come to the front of the congregation. We like to have a word with her. All right, we'll get to that. Nextus to breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning wake if you're like into the breakfast club. Charlotte made some donkey to days just so themselves. Charlotte ready day. I never heard them donkey other day.
Speaker 14: Say it again, charlam Man, Yes.
Speaker 1: Adasa everything that Charlomagne say, that's true.
Speaker 6: Yes, donkey today for Friday, April nineteenth, goes to a woman named Erica Dusuit. No, let me see this over. Erica Dosuza Viatri new ness. Okay, she is forty two years old and was arrested Tuesday. Now mind you, she is in Brazil. But the he hall is global, and this he hall is warranted because about a month ago I gave two Ohio women donkey to day for doing something similar, and by something similar, I mean using a dead body a corpse to get some money out the bank. Because Erica was arrested after taking her dead uncle to a bank to take out a loan. She must have done this in the afternoon because she clearly is not a morning person. Let's go to Fix twenty sixth Houston for the report.
Speaker 26: Police, please say, a forty two year old woman named Erica Desuza walked into a bank pushing the body of a dead man.
Speaker 1: It was in a wheelchair.
Speaker 26: Susa could be seen using the lifeless body like a puppet. She attempted to odd the guy's head and make it appear as if he were signing approval for a thirty two hundred dollars bank withdrawal. The man is dead. Employees didn't fall for the antics. They got suspicions when the man wasn't breathing and he happens to be pale. Susa was arrested and now she's added to our batch of crazy ass criminals.
Speaker 1: What news Yeah, Fox.
Speaker 6: Twenty six Houston that includes uncles. Fox to crazy asking me, okay, you telling it like it is. There are so many reasons this is insane. Number one, You don't take a dead person to a bank. Everyone knows that a corpse's favorite currency is crypto.
Speaker 1: Okay, but all.
Speaker 6: Right, she took her sixty ho old dead uncle to a bank to get a load of three thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars. Do you see the types of chances people are taking for what some folks would cas small amounts of money. Okay, folks do not understand how bad a lot of people are out here doing. Three thousand, two hundred and fifty may be nothing to you, but three thousand, two hundred and fifty is a lot of other people's life savings. Now, the police chief said that the man was probably dead for a couple hours. Can you imagine someone dying, your uncle, your family member, and the first thing you think about is how to get some money for yourself, no regard for the life this man just lived. There is no way this man becomes her spirit guide. I refuse to be one of your ancestors you call on when you need spiritual backing if this is how you treat my corpse after I'm gone. Furthermore, this has to be some sort of necrophilia. You all know what necrophilia is right. This is sexual attraction the corpses, and I didn't know that. I wasn't looking at up. Yeah, aka to urge the crack of cold one open. And whenever I hear stories of people doing anything with a corpse except for taking it to a funeral home to be laid the rest, then I think they're aware though.
Speaker 1: Okay. Erica, during an interview.
Speaker 6: With police, told officers she routinely cared for her uncle, who was also debilitated. If that's the case, if you was doing what you were supposed to be doing, if you was treating this man right, taking care of him, then you should be in his will somewhere.
Speaker 1: Okay. Wills are a way for corpses to speak.
Speaker 6: That's what you create your will for to be able to speak from the grave so the still living can know what you want. That's why we call wills dead giveaways. Furthermore, whenever I see cases like this, I believe they should investigate the call of death, because every single one of these cases is like finding a cartoonist dead in their home.
Speaker 1: It's very sketchy.
Speaker 6: Okay, Because if you willing my corps to the bank to take money out, how do I know this person bringing the corps to the.
Speaker 1: Bank didn't none alive me to make me a cost.
Speaker 6: Now this woman, Erica, is being charged with fraud and abuse of a corps and she should be because playing with corpses is not funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, corpses aren't funny.
Speaker 6: They are dead serious, and it's a damn shame people don't respect the dead. But you know why people don't respect corpses because we don't respect the living. To me, these stories the prime examples of how we as humans don't truly respect each other. Alive are dead, The bones of the falling should be treated with respect and accorded the dignity that was their proper due. If only the living were also granted such grace, what a wonder our world would become. I got that from an inspirational reel, you know those reels that have like the videos of the waterfalls and beautiful greenery with the flute playing. Got my attention and I feel like it totally fit here. But the moral of the story is, if you want to play with corpses, become a mortician or a funeral director.
Speaker 1: Jess Hilarius used to be one.
Speaker 8: I went to school to be a corner last motician and what happened? I didn't make it through.
Speaker 1: How many jobs did you have? You talked about you this morning at McDonald's, not a court. I had a lot of jobs, and d well.
Speaker 6: Funeral directors and morticians. We need more of those because they are dying professions.
Speaker 1: Please please give me a clown. Please give Eric and Noon Hits, the sweet sounds of the Hamiltones.
Speaker 17: The Dog, the Dog, all the.
Speaker 6: Would you like to know why a funeral director started the podcast? He wanted to talk about bodies of work.
Speaker 1: I can't even believe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can't even believe that you would even really laughing at it. Are not dying like what a dying profession people every day? So actually that's the reason why I wanted to be a motitian. I was like, you know what, people been gonna have to stop, you know done?
Speaker 1: So what made you do that? Like? What made you say I want to be a mortician.
Speaker 8: Because every job that I kept getting fired from, like from people who are alive. Yeah, no, no, but the day will make you schedule and I watched too many movies and it's just.
Speaker 1: Like stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe in a bunch of stuff, and I.
Speaker 6: Was like, you know, I can't have babies, wow, because they got halloweenies.
Speaker 1: That's you know what? All right, all right, thank you dog.
Speaker 2: When we come back, country singer Britney Spencer will be joining us.
Speaker 1: Okay. She is on Beyonce's Blackbird Song. That's right, man.
Speaker 6: She's got an album I'll called My Stupid Life. She's leading, uh, one of the people leading this new renaissance of black women in country music, black people in country music.
Speaker 3: What has been doing country for a while. And she's from Baltimore.
Speaker 1: City and we're gonna talk to her next. It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Owing.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jesse Hlias, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed we have Britney Spencer.
Speaker 1: Welcome. What up baby Baltimore's own?
Speaker 3: Yeah, stuff, y'all, how are you, Britney?
Speaker 27: I am good. I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 12: I'm a little nervous because I've just been watching golf for years and so like, you know, this is fire.
Speaker 27: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: That's a new.
Speaker 1: Baltimore y'all, don't get nervous about nothing.
Speaker 3: What part of Botomo are you from?
Speaker 12: I've lived everywhere, Like to give context, I went to four elementary schools. Yeah, so I've lived Gosh, my family live in like Randallstown and locker Ron, East and West that.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 27: I went to school in Towson.
Speaker 12: I could sing, and so it let me go to like Magnet schools all through middle and high school, and so I could sing opera and so that kind of like I didn't have to go to my zone school and so we moved around like a bit quite a bit sometimes, but I just didn't have to like change schools.
Speaker 27: But I've been everywhere.
Speaker 3: How did you end up in Nashville? From Baltimore?
Speaker 8: Baltimore are all around Baltimore to Nashville.
Speaker 12: People always ask me that. I mean, I found out about country music because of the radio. My friend Keisha at church was like, you need to listen to the chicks back then it with Dixie. Yeah, they were the gateway. I feel like they always a gateway everybody meet. They's just the gateway. That's how me and Raina Robbers connected the first time because we were like just loving Dixie Chicks yea. But my friends they told me to listen to them, and I did, and I just fell in love. I feel like Baltimore was like very like it's very musical, you know, like you can and you can go and you can sing in church, but also you can go and listen to music down at Peabody. You got a lot of art schools there. You got like Harvard and Baltimore School for the Arts. But also country radio is consistently the highest ranked in Maryland. So you got a lot of everything. And I feel like people kind of appreciate it. You know, it's a lot of different sides of Baltimore, and so that was kind of my introduction to it, and I kind of just fell in love and kept going and finally decided he is later to make the move and at least give it a try. I had no idea if this thing was actually gonna work, but I was like, it's worth a try. Might as well fail as something that I actually really like, as opposed to like succeeding at doing something I don't want to do.
Speaker 2: So what did your dad say being a DJ, especially hip hop and R and B DJ. When you say, dad, I want to do country like that ain't in my serato. Yeah, he was like, nah, he need move to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I was okay.
Speaker 12: He was nervous, and my whole family was kind of nervous actually, but he got it, you know, and especially like now, like my family, like honestly, sometimes they be just as shocked as I am, like, oh my god, this is actually like happening and working.
Speaker 27: I'm like, I never knew for it, but actually really work.
Speaker 12: I just kind of decided that I wanted to try and just give it a real shot. Like I was prepared to or to not work, I guess in a sense. But also I mean preparing for it to work is a whole other conversation. But you know, they just they're on board.
Speaker 27: They love it.
Speaker 12: They love what I'm doing, and I mean I think what I do is kind of much bigger than myself, you know, and I kind of take that responsibility seriously. But like it's been very real for me for a long time, like you just didn't know.
Speaker 6: Well, it's tough being accepted in the country community as a black female country artist.
Speaker 12: I mean for a lot of us, I think it's challenging, like trying to get people to understand sometimes what we're doing. But I feel like there are a lot of creatives that are really open to kind of this reformation happening in Nashville. I mean, in addition to like just what we look like, we're bringing our culture to like just like how you said you listen to everything like I do too, and that you can hear that in my music it's country.
Speaker 1: Music more racist and sexist.
Speaker 12: Gosh, I think radio right now like ten percent of their airplay is women right right now. But I don't think they're playing black women right now much. I don't know, both of them.
Speaker 27: Is just a struggle, I guess. I don't know, and I don't.
Speaker 12: I feel like the industry is kind of pushing for change in that department, but yeah, I don't know. It's kind of need of a little a little overhaul in a lot of departments. I'm just hoping to see that something changes. But meantime, my black women ask this right here, that's right, I got a little album, you know whatever. Yeah, So why is it called my Stupid Life?
Speaker 3: I want out?
Speaker 1: And is it stupid?
Speaker 3: Like or you know why you call.
Speaker 12: It it's called my stupid life? Probably because in part because I'm from Baltimore. Like we greet each other like, what's U dummy?
Speaker 27: Probably like that we.
Speaker 1: Say with each other that's crazy, it's love.
Speaker 8: And it's love, thank you. And if you're from somewhere else, you can't see it. That's every day girl. So you're stupid life.
Speaker 12: It's because I feel like life is uh, you know, it's wonderful. It's highs, it's lowses, up and downs, it's like it's it's a lot of things. And and ultimately, when I'm thinking about just the things that make me feel most present, I'm just I don't know, like the best and worst things happen at the same time sometimes, and for me, that's kind of how I think about my stupid life. And with the album, it's just no one song sounds like the other, and that was on purpose, like and so it's just I don't know, it just felt like a conglomerate.
Speaker 27: But also, I mean, really, I wasn't trying to name the album that.
Speaker 12: I was really just kind of figuring out which song title off of the album was the most appealing to me. And when I was writing the song my Stupid Life, I just kind of I was like, oh, this is actually kind of cool. I would listen to an album called My Stupid Life, right, But also I mean I come from that era of like my soul called life and like stuff like that, and so it was I don't know, it just felt like nostalgic to me.
Speaker 3: In a way.
Speaker 8: Something like that is just interesting coming from where I'm from, because you don't see country singers. That's what we're coming out of our city, you know what I mean, every or or even every year. This is not this is something that you see every once in a Honestly, I think you're.
Speaker 3: Probably the only one so, like to be honest, and.
Speaker 8: So I know even a Beyonce would take a liking to that, Like hold up, like you know, so how did that even happen? Like how did that link up happen? Because you're on Blackbird on the Cowboy called an album. Yeah, how did that happen?
Speaker 12: I don't actually know, Like all I know is is that I'm there and it's wildness insane, Like being on that record, I feel like one is just breaking a lot of musical boundaries, like for what kind of music people can make is kind of disrupting. I think a lot of the industry and also destructing, like just even the creative process. I think, like I feel like creatives might take the boxes off a little bit, you know, and not you know, be as you know, I don't think we've been rigid, but like we'll be even more explorative and also not feel like in order to be marketable you have to be this one thing.
Speaker 27: Yeah, you know, that's always a huge thing.
Speaker 12: Like I mean, like, am I marketable in my commercial well people like this, you know, especially if you want to be a commercial artist, and uh, it's I don't know, I feel like it's taking a limits off of that and being a part of that record. Like I was I was just telling Kevin h the other day over here. I was just telling him. I was like, Yo, put my album out in January, and it opens up with birds chirping, and it opens up with this I know right, And it opens up with this song called new to This Town and it's in the same key as Blackbird, almost the same tempo. I'm just like, this is this is wild, this is beautiful. It's it's it's like you can't orchestray stuff like that. I mean, I talk about Beyonce on my album like and.
Speaker 1: A raven is a Blackbird Baltimore Ravens. I don't know, Hey, no, it is why it happened? Is did she call you? Did somebody call you? Was the record? Like how did the record come together?
Speaker 27: I ain't already talk about that yet.
Speaker 3: I ain't a lie.
Speaker 12: I mean I feel like like I feel like as an artist, like I want to respect like her creative process, and I feel like whenever she's ready to talk about this, she will, and I want to leave.
Speaker 3: That for her.
Speaker 12: I love her, I admire her, and also she's Beyonce and like, you know, she'll she'll tell the story though yeah I mean that, you know I mean, but also like for real, like on a very hard level, like I mean, I don't know. People have plans for how they want to like reveal stuffy, and I just want to wait, like I just make yeah, like I want to, and plus I want to cherish it like I'm also the same person who like will hold on to something for a long time and like not share with nobody, and like I don't know even with my album, I had like the little leather keychain, I had the title of it on there.
Speaker 27: I mean I had it around.
Speaker 12: People have my keys, I lose my keys all kinds stuff and go back to the store to get it. I've had my stupid life written on all kinds of things for a year. I had it on like engraved on one of my shirts. Like nobody saw it, nobody knew, but like it was just like my little thing.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We got more with Britney Spencer when we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club, Good morning, and everybody is DJ NV, Jesse, Larry Charlamagne.
Speaker 12: Guy.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We're still kicking in with country seeing a Britney Spencer, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: The other black female country artists.
Speaker 6: You mentioned Raina, but then there's a Tanner Dale Ti Eric Kennedy where y'all all.
Speaker 1: Familiar with each other and cool with each other before y'all.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So in a sense, I, me and Raina have been really good friends for a few years. Me and Raina we met back in twenty twenty, twenty twenty one, and Tanner we met. I want to say, we met like last year for the first time. I've literally only been around her a handful of times, but we've like been just really friendly. We have like a common interest in edible glitter. Edible glitter, Yeah, yeah put.
Speaker 27: It in your drinks.
Speaker 12: You don't put it, And I am like, mind, but oh yeah, but that's no. I don't have TC it just I put the thing, you know, I do the thing. Yeah, but no, it's just regular just Amazon edible glitter.
Speaker 27: And so that was something that we just kind.
Speaker 1: Of literally in your drink.
Speaker 27: Yeah, you know, it makes a.
Speaker 3: Drink really pretty. It is still edible exactly, got you like.
Speaker 12: A little gold dust on your like rose or something. I mean anyway, but then we connected with that online and so like it's just been I don't know, it's just been mutual respect and just like little things like that. I've known Tier for a few years. We work together back in twenty twenty one, and so yeah, I mean I feel like we all kind of like started meeting each other when life got busy, like around twenty twenty, when the conversation around Black Country really kind of started ramping up. And so I don't know, I feel like artists are just kind of like passing ships through the night, and so it's really cool to be able to kind of like have a moment with an artist because I mean, the beautiful and also sad part is that, like you've really got live in that moment when you're with somebody that is in the same field as you, because once this moment is over, like you might not see each other for a really long time. Like I have friends that I've connected with so deeply, like over tour or something, and it was two months and I haven't seen him in two years now, and so I know I'll be going through withdrawals. I'm like, oh my god, my friend, we share such a beautiful moment. And also now we don't see each other anymore right now, just because life is just that it's hard. Y'all know about that more than me.
Speaker 6: Was there a country music before Beyonce and after Beyonce? How have you benefited from her being in the country music space now?
Speaker 12: Oh gosh, I mean even just some of the stuff that I was saying, like with a kind of breaking those musical barriers and kind of like who gets to represent the South or like or just the stories that get to be.
Speaker 27: Told or the way that it is told.
Speaker 12: Like even just sonically, I feel like people might even be a little more explorative on their albums, Like my personal favorite album is Leimonade, like of all Time, that's my album. When I heard that album, it like no one song sounded like another, and it was it was really like it shook up my head a lot. And I feel like if people listen to my album My Stupid Life, like you can hear that, you can hear where I just wanted to have storytelling and in country music at its core, just be the thread through each song. But sonically it's gonna be a little rock and country. It's gonna be at a little R and B and country, it's gonna be a little pop in country like it's it's like I feel like I have that threat, and I feel like, gosh, I feel like we're going to hear more albums like that, you know.
Speaker 27: But my a lot of is inspired by an album that.
Speaker 12: She made, you know, years ago, and so I feel like right now people just gonna be more explorative, like creatively. But also I feel like she's also bringing a really interesting fan base to country music, and and the talent is there and it's our job to keep them here. You know, you have no idea what her next record is going to be, but hopefully, you know, the people that are here and interested in what this whole moment is because of Beyonce. Hopefully they you know, want to stick around because there's some incredible talent here and I think she's done an incredible and generous thing in spotlighting a lot of it on a Calboy carter.
Speaker 6: Just like my last question, but because it made me think of this quote I saw you said. You said if I could go back when you first moved to Nashville, if I could go back, I would tell myself to use that time to find more of myself. If you're not finding your people, at least find yourself, just find on that a little bit.
Speaker 12: Yeah, finding yourself is hard, Like knowing who you are is hard, and I think half of the battle is figuring out what you're not, you know, and that's a little easier. At least that came a little easier for me. But just figuring out who you are, it'll help attract the right.
Speaker 27: People, you know.
Speaker 12: Like I feel like sometimes I've spent so much time in life like not knowing who I am or what I want to do or knowing my worth, and I attracted people who weren't interested in finding that out either, And that's I feel like how I got a lot of my my heart broken. Sometimes I feel like that's where I got like let down and just opening up to people who can only meet you as far as they've met themselves too. You just have two broken people just trying to figure out why you keep crashing. And I just I feel like, know who you are, it'll save you and a lot of people a whole lot of time. Like it's okay everybody ain't for everybody, and you don't need to do everything, you know, like people pleasing and and just all that stuff. It's just a lot of that is just not knowing who you are. And I don't know. I wish I could go back in time.
Speaker 27: I mean I don't.
Speaker 12: I won't say I have regrets. I don't really have regrets. I just have like if I could have a little do over, you know, I do that.
Speaker 8: This is my last question speaking of when you were talking about sweet things happening. You're going on tour with Willie and Bob WILLI Knowlson and Bob Dylan.
Speaker 3: Girl, I've been on.
Speaker 27: The road with really for three years, and it just it never.
Speaker 12: Ceases to amaze me that, like I get to do this, like the amount of people like, I'm excited to be on the road. Really, I've never toured with Bob before Bob Dylan, and I think I don't know, like.
Speaker 1: You never smoking Wily though.
Speaker 27: Nah, but I've have had some of his weed.
Speaker 12: He got this uh this company called Willie's Reserves, and they like they just be pulling up on you and get dressing room. They just like knock on the door, you know, and they just be like, I got you something. They got they got the canister. The cancer is fire. I keep the canister, Yeah I got. I mean I've ran out of that week, but three rolls, yeah, you know, so you ain't like falling asleep, you know.
Speaker 27: And so it's so I.
Speaker 1: Love Willy.
Speaker 27: I did meet him. I sang with him.
Speaker 12: He always invites like everybody that's like that's been on the stage before him to come and sing with him at the end of the night.
Speaker 27: And he just like he's the sweetest, Like he blew me a kiss.
Speaker 12: One time in the middle of the song. He was like what I was like, Willie, I love you so much. And so it's just it's an honor, like, especially when an artist is ninety years old, like to be able to do this in their lifetime. Like that's how I feel like. And uh, I mean I've gotten to do this a few times, like three years with Willie I've toured with Uh. I mean she's not at his age yet, but Riba I've toured with her. I opened up for Breece Springsteen last year. I'm excited about Bob Dylan this year. Gosh, like I just I don't know. I get excited. I get excited, but i'mo get excited about the younger ones too. Yeah, opened up for Megan thee Stallion. That was fun.
Speaker 3: First of all was fires, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 27: That was fun. I love touring, I really do. I love touring and.
Speaker 3: It now Yeah, I loved it before too.
Speaker 27: That was the hard part.
Speaker 12: I was like, Yo, why am.
Speaker 8: I none of that?
Speaker 3: No, because Bob and really don't want to.
Speaker 12: I go up to sit on the last song and I'm just you know, just projectiles and.
Speaker 8: Then even a kiss and you're talking about like, don't yet.
Speaker 12: I love touring, having a great time, And like I said, I'm the opening act right now and I'm having a great time because people have been very kind and embracing me and it's cool to like even just watch the stages that have let me on, like just as a country artist being able to say, like, in the same year you opened up for Reba and Megan Thee Stallion and Marion Morris and a shirl Crow like, that's that's an eclectic lineup of people. But I like being a kind of artist that has songs for all those stages. And I'm gonna keep doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm so Brittany. We appreciate you for joining us. Ladies and gentlemen. My stupid life is out right now, pick it up.
Speaker 6: Britney Spencer listening to Blackbird on Beyonce Cowboy Carter.
Speaker 1: That's right, and it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 27: Good morning, thank you, thank y'all.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 26: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is j n V, Jess Hilarius, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to pass the Awks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, DJ comes, what's up?
Speaker 4: Nyl?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Big Friday. What's happening?
Speaker 28: You got a cute little coordinator fit today, and the pants and the hoodie and the hood.
Speaker 6: Okay, trying headphones though, headphones be struggling, man, he'd be struggling me hanging off.
Speaker 1: I got some new headphones. Relaxed. Can we start wearing them next? I just wanted to go through the struggle this week.
Speaker 28: There's no reason why you should be having any type of struggle headphones when.
Speaker 3: You work in radio.
Speaker 28: Can somebody send Charles Made some headphones and just throw me in a pair two.
Speaker 6: That's when the best content was created when you didn't have much.
Speaker 1: When the headphones were broken, you had to tape them up and stuff like that. So y'all don't know that.
Speaker 28: I don't know the headphone struggle, but I know struggles that right.
Speaker 3: Speaking up out, you look nice like like a helmet alumni.
Speaker 28: On today, but I'm gonna say John's alumni.
Speaker 1: Shout out to j Cole. Shout out your mom and dad and student loans.
Speaker 28: Shout out to my student loans. Well, shout my dad's. My dad's an army vet. So college was paid for exactly, alright, alright, shout out to my pops.
Speaker 3: Love you all right.
Speaker 28: Moving forward, though, let's let's get into the music. So Nicki min I dropped Ftcut the Club up remix featuring Travis Scott, Chris Brown and Sexy Right Club.
Speaker 16: He say he like my eggs say and he say he's like my take out the drive, take out the spell it out sound in the club at can Bell at the she was saying on me because ain't know why I got that.
Speaker 3: X the white.
Speaker 1: I just splits on it like the fight, just stating back at the n D.
Speaker 27: I prince on off on white.
Speaker 1: What do you think, ladies?
Speaker 8: I love, love love that travist like he wrote that breezy.
Speaker 1: No, she said, Travis.
Speaker 3: Breezy, he wrote it, he wrote equally.
Speaker 1: Can we played play?
Speaker 3: What you say it like that?
Speaker 1: We play?
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 27: I like sexyes versus the best.
Speaker 3: It's the easiest to learn.
Speaker 1: I don't want it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, for sure, that's not for me.
Speaker 1: I like that record, though you do like that record?
Speaker 27: Remix not for you.
Speaker 6: I got to hear the whole thing in context. Started in the middle of the song.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm with Charlamagne. Pause. I like the original better in the remix remix. So how I even heard the whole song?
Speaker 2: I heard as soon as you hit the originally slaps from any part of it.
Speaker 28: But he when you're spinning it, are you even playing the verses?
Speaker 27: You really just playing the hook?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's gonna be a sexy red Somemmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, but I encourage everybody to listen to the whole song. Travis roll that beat man, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I don't really like hearing Travis on trap beat.
Speaker 3: I don't like that because.
Speaker 28: He's just so heavy auto tune. I'm used to hearing him on like overly produced, like the grainy style, and then hearing him on trap is weird.
Speaker 8: He actually did that, like he actually did the same thing on it. But it sounds so good.
Speaker 3: Synk together.
Speaker 28: Everything different, different things for different from fair enough.
Speaker 1: Next up, we got a Naya for the streets.
Speaker 16: You only want to smoke and they lay up and not be important, and you gay, you haven't been on my mind.
Speaker 13: The feelings inside when I see you.
Speaker 3: I hate when I see you don't come around me.
Speaker 27: And now we're.
Speaker 14: Outside trying to say.
Speaker 27: You when I see.
Speaker 1: Are you coming around me in my presence? Thing? You hate when you see me so much? You hain't never been there.
Speaker 2: No, they look over here me so sure they can't see him anyway.
Speaker 6: That's a cool record, but it's so hard when you do a classic like that over but people hear the classic and it's like if it don't if it don't get to the level of the classic, you're like, well, she did a video and everything for us.
Speaker 28: And I think the ill part about her version is that it's the complete opposite feeling like where a fantas you, you're like feeling love and you're embracing that, where this is like I can't stand you, like.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: But I love how she tackles the other side of it, and she got the deep vocals like swing.
Speaker 6: On by the end of the regards you donna hate me that much? Okay, you don't hate me that much?
Speaker 28: All right, shout out to an. She's super dope in her project to drop today. Wait, there's more so definitely tap in with her. And then last thing, I'm gonna get into Brace until it's project. I know it dropped like two weeks ago, but it's been a lot of music going on. Yes, yes, you did talk about this. Oh my god, all right, your Bracon's project is actually really good. Like I know, first project Classic, the projects after that we didn't love, but this one is a fan favorite, I would say. But my favorite one off is called Stay.
Speaker 1: You know It's.
Speaker 15: Time I saw thee away.
Speaker 2: What you keep for to my cause for you know that it's uncalled for.
Speaker 6: No matter the occasion, I'm gonna do what it calls for.
Speaker 2: Ain't so proud to bed what you want me to crawl for?
Speaker 1: Told you I was all you said you was for. That's like it.
Speaker 28: Yeah, all right, so we got across the board today.
Speaker 1: But why he don't I don't. I don't. Nobody know his music.
Speaker 28: Everybody know his music out you're the only one you know the music.
Speaker 1: Drop drop, But I don't know what you know?
Speaker 28: You knew that I was out right, I'm going to assume because it's Friday, y'all high because I came up here and didn't any marketing.
Speaker 1: Where did he promote doing Lucy's on SoundCloud?
Speaker 28: Which I came up here and said two months.
Speaker 5: Ago, when.
Speaker 3: You don't know why it's only on SoundCloud? But now now it's out, you need to do more marketing, all.
Speaker 1: Right, You need to do some interviews. He can do some promotion for.
Speaker 27: It, because you want to interview him.
Speaker 1: I don't want to, don't. I don't care. I don't know.
Speaker 8: It's been bumping, No, they have been like whatever she wants.
Speaker 27: That's that record is going up.
Speaker 6: Some people nowadays, they just want to do the whole Let me just throw it out there and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Like, you can't be too cool for school.
Speaker 6: You got to go out there and promote that thing. Let me know that it.
Speaker 28: Exists, all right, I ain't out at that well, speaking of promoting, let me get this offt real quick. Make sure you guys tune into my podcast, We need to Talk. We dropped three episodes a week, two interviews and then one long form just debating hip hop that makes you guys pull ups on me. If you guys are in the Tri State area. I got a certified vibe R and B Night going down tonight head lined by Alex Walley and.
Speaker 1: The artists from Jersey.
Speaker 28: So Jersey is going to be in the building, Heavy Brook One's going to be in the building, and I have a very special guest going to perform as well.
Speaker 1: So that's their name, the artist from Jersey.
Speaker 27: Yeah, her name is the artist.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but.
Speaker 28: The special guest that's it in the stage. I'm really excited for it too. I just can't legally say.
Speaker 27: Who it is.
Speaker 1: You know, the artist is Prince. Y'all don't know that.
Speaker 27: A Boogie calls himself the artist too.
Speaker 1: Really his name is I don't know.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of artists, a lot of babies, you know, the baby, little.
Speaker 1: Baby, baby face. What's all the artists?
Speaker 6: Yes, Yes, from Jersey, Yes, and the artists from Jersey.
Speaker 28: Yes, yes, and shout out to the It's a certified vibe mixture. You guys follow us on Instagram and follow me at night with samon in y l A S Y.
Speaker 1: M O N E E.
Speaker 2: All right now when we come back, we got the People's Choice mix. You know, we throw it back on a Friday. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, wake up.
Speaker 2: You're like to into the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is j n V Jess Hilarian Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest.
Speaker 1: In the building.
Speaker 7: Yes, indeed, Oscar Dayla Hoyer welcome whatever big weekend for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fight Nightlets.
Speaker 6: I have to ask one question, Well, Ryan, go see a versus Devonhay, Ryan, go see a versus Devaonhainny.
Speaker 2: When you prepare for a fight a couple of days before the fight, do you go out? Do you go to restaurants and you just focus and stay in the hotel after trading. What what's usually do you would advise a boxer, Well, what I would advise a boxer is obviously stay and stay focused, you know, you know, focus on your craft, your fight, making weight.
Speaker 1: It all depends. Every fighter is different. I've seen Ryan go see in the restaurant we last.
Speaker 8: Yes, bro learned from the biggest ya.
Speaker 1: But is he every fighters there? I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know. You know, I'm his promoter. I'm not with him twenty four to seven. But yeah, you take a look at fighters in the past, and it's like, I mean, look at Tyson right in Japan.
Speaker 1: He lost. Douglas, Yeah, he lost.
Speaker 7: So it's like you have fighters, you know, like Trinidad or myself or that are focused, you know. And Ryan's different. Man, I don't know what it is, but he's just different. And and I saw him. Every time I see him, he's focused, he's you know.
Speaker 1: He's on it.
Speaker 7: And and then every time cameras are around him, he's like different, he just turns it on.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: Well, yesterday you said, uh, well not yesterday you talking about Devin Haney, But are you concerned about Ryan got through his mental health and anyway.
Speaker 1: Am I concerned?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 1: Every time I every time I'm around him.
Speaker 7: I I you know, I don't. I don't really pay attention.
Speaker 1: I see what he's all that, and it's like, okay, yeah that. I always think, Well.
Speaker 7: It takes what ten seconds to post, thirty seconds to post?
Speaker 1: You know? So do you think it's a show for to sell tics to sell a fight? He might be trolling, man, I don't know. I don't know. Now.
Speaker 2: He recently they say he got asked to leave the Mets game. He was supposed to throw out the first pitch. Yeah, and they do him out the game.
Speaker 7: Do you know the reason for that was? Or yeah, the security. I'm pretty sure somebody in security got fired because we walked in.
Speaker 1: Oh he was with him? Oh yeah, yeah, I was with him.
Speaker 7: We walked in and he he he goes into the VIP room to wait, you know, and he's warming up.
Speaker 1: He's excited to throw the pitch.
Speaker 7: I walk in after him, and I run into I run into the wife of the owner and we start talking and she speaks Spanish and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh man, she's all excited.
Speaker 7: Oh I can't wait for Ryan and throw the pitch, took pictures and all of a sudden, like fifteen minutes later, Yeah, they tell us, hey, they don't want Ryan. They don't want Ryan or Devin throwing the first pitch because there might be a fight.
Speaker 1: Between them between them, oh, because of what happened to Because what.
Speaker 7: Happened, you know, I mean it was a you know, it's a good shove, you know, yeah, Devin. But and I was like, no, it's all good, it's all good. I'll be in the middle and I'll take care of it. And they said, well, we'd rather have you throw the first pitch, and you know, but they can't do it.
Speaker 1: I said, you know what, I'm gonna sick to my boy. We're gonna get out of here. Let's go get Yaks fans.
Speaker 6: Anyway, So, yeah, how did you get your relationship back on track with Ryan?
Speaker 1: Go see? Because he was just pissed off of y'all in desembol You know what. You know, it's funny.
Speaker 7: It's it's funny because you know, when when when the fighter is gonna make a lot of money, you know, things change.
Speaker 1: Things change.
Speaker 7: When the fighter loses, things change, when the fighter wins, things change, you know, so boxing, but boxing boxers are we're all roller coasters.
Speaker 1: Was there any conversation, any apology? Yeah, yeah, you know we talked. We uh you know.
Speaker 7: I I'm here to give him advice. I'm probably the closest person, the closest fighter.
Speaker 1: To give him advice.
Speaker 7: You know, everybody compares us this and that, you know, careers are similar or whatever.
Speaker 1: But but now we're all cool, We're good. I saw you say that Devin Haynes losing his composure.
Speaker 7: I think he is, man, I think he has what what Ryan reminds me of is Floyd Mayweather. Okay, you know Floyd Mayweather was the master at talking to man. He was on how to get in your head. And I can see Ryan getting into Devon's head.
Speaker 1: I mean Devon. I've never seen Devon push.
Speaker 7: Somebody so hard at the at the at the at the Empire State Building.
Speaker 1: It's great. I've never I've never seen that.
Speaker 7: And so yeah, I mean Ryan, I think Ryan's doing something right man, because he's gonna make weight.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna make weight? Because that's that was one thing that said he might not make weight.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hear, I hear.
Speaker 7: Both guys are are I think I think they know how to sell the fight, you know, and it's created a huge buzz and so but I think Saturday night it's gonna be so intense. I couldn't face these guys off yesterday at the at the press conferences.
Speaker 1: I thought they were gonna go at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what do you thought on the ticket sales? Ticket sales are going great. Not in the bar plays tickets.
Speaker 7: I mean, we're gonna have We're gonna have, yeah, seventeen thousand people there.
Speaker 1: That's a damn line.
Speaker 6: They just they just they said, they just said that they were having trouble with selling tickets.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, it's not when that changed.
Speaker 7: We sold We were at fourteen thousand when I got to New York.
Speaker 1: And somebody line when you saw all the headline.
Speaker 7: Charlamone said somebody was getting tickets, had the money in the bank account.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all these headlines, you've seen these headlines.
Speaker 2: I said it was giving away tickets at in the front of the ball plazes, and nobody wanted to go.
Speaker 1: No, it's not true. It's not true. I would never do that. You were promoter. You supposed to say that you can't come on here.
Speaker 7: Nobody if it wasn't Sally, I would say it's not Sally. But I'll tell you one thing, it hasn't sold out, which makes me, which makes me, you know, not concerned, but surprised, you know. Yeah, a fight like this should have sold out like quick.
Speaker 3: Every dings.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I remember Ryan saying that that he went that was the part of the reason why he wanted to be in Vegas. Yeah, you know, because it's a better selling market for fights.
Speaker 1: I had to bring him in New York. I had to. I had to be both in LA. I'll tell you one thing. New York is a whole different animal New York.
Speaker 7: When you fight in New York, when you you're exposed to the audience here, it's just it takes you to another level.
Speaker 1: Man. So yeah, I had to bring Ryan here with Devin, and it just made sense. The pay per views matam mortal, right, the paper view boy, and it's going through the roof. It's crazy.
Speaker 7: I believe we have numbers that are just I mean, it's it's it's topping fights.
Speaker 1: This is going to be like a top top five in the world. Man, history, It's crazy. I don't I don't doubt that. I mean, Ryan sales fights.
Speaker 7: And I do have to say I do have to say that that my bad on my part.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 7: I did scale the tickets a little too high, you know, like the first six, six, seven, first ten rows.
Speaker 1: I think I put him too high.
Speaker 21: I was.
Speaker 1: I think I was a little greedy.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I was looking. I was like what yeh?
Speaker 6: But I was Now, what would a Ryan Garcia loss mean to his career?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 7: I think Ryan Garcia, see there's something special with Ryan Garcia is that you take a look at the Tank fight, right he loses the way he lost, that gets knocked out, but.
Speaker 1: Now he's even bigger.
Speaker 7: You know, it's strange, he's even bigger now, and you know fighting fighting Devin Haney, it's this is gonna be a bigger fight than fighting Tank.
Speaker 1: And so if he loses, it does nothing to him, even if he gets like knocked out. I think it depends how you love.
Speaker 7: It just depends on how Yeah, you're right, it depends on how he loses. He gets knocked out in one, two rounds or whatever, it's like it's not over. But it obviously, you know, his stock goes down. But if it's a great fight, if it's a great fight, a long fight, and you get stopped in the tenth eleventh round in a great fight, he loses nothing if he wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna see him for like two months.
Speaker 2: But we have we have Asking de la Joya here. Of course, the fight is this Saturday. We got more tickets, we got more conversation. When we come back to Dope move it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning warning, everybody's DJ Envy Jess, hilarious, Cholamine the gad. We are to Breakfast Club, still kicking it with As de la Joye. The fight is this weekend, Hainy versus Garcia. Of course, Ascar de la joy is one of the promoters on the fight.
Speaker 28: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you think it's gonna set out it's gonna be a big one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it's it's gonna be It's gonna be big. If I watch that TV on Saturday and then in full as oh no, it will be full.
Speaker 7: Well, we'll have we'll have seventeen thousand, eighteen thousand people that.
Speaker 1: We will all right, we will.
Speaker 6: Now Connelo's back working with Golden Boy to promote his upcoming fight.
Speaker 1: Right. I read that correctly.
Speaker 7: Well, no, no, he he Canelo Canelo chose my fighter, him and Mungia to fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the scene with him my a weekend. I like him to by the way, Yeah, he's a he's a he's a beast man, he's yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it's the changing up the guards. I really do, I really do. I think I think Canelo. Canelo is a great fighter. Don't get me wrong. He's fought everybody he's but every fighter has their decline, every fighter, you know, the wear and tear he's Canelo's had surgeries.
Speaker 1: On his knees and his shoulders.
Speaker 7: You know, he had a tough fight in his last you know, outing with uh with uh some guy from the UK.
Speaker 1: And Mungia knocked that guy out in his last fight.
Speaker 7: So I think Bungia being twenty seven years old, Canelo being thirty four on his way out, I think it's changing up the guards.
Speaker 6: If Canelo will still your fighter, would you say he's going to be going yeah?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah? Him to retire? Will I encourage him to retire? Not until he fights? Uh? Yeah? Oh Magia, Oh yeah, I want to kick his ass. And you think he's going out? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: I think so I like no, I like he's a warrior, man, he's a fighter.
Speaker 1: But look, you know it isn't boxing. The next young guy has to come up and dethroned, you know, just like me and Chavis back in the day. Yeah, so yeah, it has to happen.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 1: You're very critical of on Jake Paul Mike Tyson fight. Yeah, Jake Paul. I love Mike Tyson, man, I love my I don't want to see him get hurt. I don't want to see him.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: I know there's where they're fighting with the head gear. They're fighting with sixteen ounce gloves. I know your Yeah, yeah, they're fighting with headgear. So it's this is what I tell Jake Paul, Jake, if you want to take the Sports serious right the way you claim you want to take the Sports Series and be world champion, it's not taking this.
Speaker 1: Route and fighting Mike Tyson. You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're gonna make a lot of money, You're gonna sell out of tickets, you're gonna track a lot of new fans, which is great. But if you want to take the Sports Series and be world champion, then take the route. Go fight a top twenty, Go go fight a top ten fighter, top five fighter, be a contender and win a world title.
Speaker 1: Take the tough road the way we did.
Speaker 7: You know this route here? Yeah, it's a money grab, but it's all good. I just wish Mike Tyson, you know, the very because I love Mike Tyson.
Speaker 1: You think you could beat Mike Tyson. I don't know, man, Tyson. One punch from Tyson can can end it all. So then Tyson's looking like a beast right now.
Speaker 6: You just said Canelo's on the decline. He's only thirty four, Mike Tyson in sixty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but this is CLO is an exhibition.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't think they really gonna be hitting each other one? You'll think think Mike Tyson will be hitting them.
Speaker 7: I mean you saw the Roy Jones Mike Tyson fight right, Yes, and nobody knocked each other out.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know we know how to pull punches.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Do you do you think would you if Ryan go see losing this fight? What did you learn from his loss against Tank that you would do different if he loses this one?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, did you be there for him? Yeah? It all depends on Look. I'm the promoter man, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot of people think that I'm there with him every single day and this and holding his hand. Now he has his own team, he has his managers, he has his you know, he's got everything.
Speaker 1: I'm just just I'm just here to organize the whole thing.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 7: I can give him advice if they come and ask me for advice. But you know, I can't be I can't be like it's like babysit. I can be baby city. When I got sixty fighters in my roster.
Speaker 2: The tweets or you hear the stories, it's not concerning at all.
Speaker 7: I gotta call him, you know, hey, what's what's going on?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 7: He goes, Now, everything's good. I'm trolling, man, I'm trolling.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, so I gotta believe that.
Speaker 8: And that's actually great for a promoter because true tickets, tickets, tickets exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: As another question about Canelo, he was here last year and he said he didn't know if you're a good person and that you're all business.
Speaker 1: You think Joy is a good person.
Speaker 25: If you see everything once he's doing, I think, uh, we we we are the only fighter. We we we stayed with them when everybody left him right, because I'm lawyer and and I trade everybody like a family, and I do the same thing with with all them. Boy, but I think he's not that kind of person. You don't have no loyal I don't know if he's a good person or no, but I think he's no. He knows a person what he show.
Speaker 6: You think it's just all business with him, like yeah, okay, okay, all business.
Speaker 7: I'm very disappointed with with with the cities talking. Yeah, I really am, because we work together for what I think eleven years.
Speaker 1: I built his career.
Speaker 7: You know, we could have easily derailed his career by the opponents that we that we chose for him.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 7: And you're gonna tell me that he's gonna he's gonna talk about me when the man is down. You know, when I was down and out, what four or five years ago, six years ago? He wants to step on my neck and keep me down and talk shit?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you? You know?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 7: Yeah, does he think I'm a bad guy? Yeah, I'm a bad guy to you.
Speaker 1: I don't like you for all the you talk to me about. You know, you don't do that.
Speaker 7: Keep you put a man down and keep him down and talk and continue.
Speaker 1: Come on, dude, what happened to helping me? Helping me out?
Speaker 7: You know, we're fighters, we're we're in the boxing business. We're here together, you know. And so do I like him? I don't like him as a person, No, I don't. I mean he talks about he talks about loyalty and this and that, and this guy's jumping from promoter to promoter to promoter to promoter.
Speaker 1: I mean, what kind of loyalty is that.
Speaker 6: That's not loyalty you think you think could ever be repaired between you?
Speaker 1: No, No, he's that type of person. He's that type of person. Am I a bad guy? Everybody knows me? Everybody knows me. I don't know what that means. You love it?
Speaker 21: Like?
Speaker 8: Yeah, right now? One of them tickets in the first ten rows. I'm coming, Okay, but I got a ticket, but it ain't in one of them ten rows?
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you a good person and not? Okay? Oh yeah, I think he's a good person. You need a few tickets, Yeah, okay, I got you. Come on, seriously, no control all the tickets I got you? I would think so Golden boy, that pay per view as well.
Speaker 14: I got well.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you for joining us to fight its this weekend.
Speaker 2: If you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets pay per view as well, and we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for always coming up here, man always man. I appreciate having conversations with you. I remember the first time I came here. I was scared when it came out. We had to talk about everything in that book. No, you know what, because I was lying to myself. That's real, yeh.
Speaker 6: Gotta stop lying to yourself and stop volunteering those lives the others.
Speaker 1: Oscar, good person, right.
Speaker 2: Let's Oscar de la Joya. It's the Breakfast Club. Positive notes up next? What up y'allaj n V It's Sugarl just hilarious, charlamage the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club. It's time to get it out of it? What you doing this? We canes.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go to the fight. Yes, I'm gonna go to the fight. I am. And I don't ask me who I got, you know, because I don't know. I don't know. It's changing back and forth. Because I got Ryan.
Speaker 8: I want to have Ryan so bad that he been pissing you off and so I'm allowing it to get me and my feelings and my feelings right now mixed with hormones and the baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, Devin should win, but I'm not gonna act like Ryan doesn't have the tools to win.
Speaker 1: It's just a matter of if Ryan can put it all together.
Speaker 6: And I'm not sleeping on Ryan go I see it either, because I think that if Devin has to go in there very on point, he can't go in there thinking just because of Ryan crazy, it's gonna be easy.
Speaker 3: But Devin been looking real focused though.
Speaker 1: Ryan look a little all over the place. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's purposely to throw people off.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe Ryan just gonna give us a good show and do something stupid bit in there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like this, we don't want to see them. We don't want to see that.
Speaker 6: I don't want to see it. But you know, if you're getting his asking, hes gonna do something stupid.
Speaker 1: I see Ryn in the restaurant last night.
Speaker 7: He left about the same time I did, about eleven eleven thirty, so he should be home sleeping, damn.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 6: I got I do have For the record, I have Devin Haney won in that fight. Yes, all right, we got a positive note. Well, first of all, I want to tell you all this is your last weekend to get tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, which is happening next Saturday. I did not know it was gonna be next Saturday. Every twenty seventh came fast. But next Saturday we'll be in Atlanta. Willow and Gilly they will be on that stage. Just Hilarious will be on that stage, or the Poor Minds podcast Horrible Decisions. It is hosted by Pretty VnB dot So go get your tickets at Black Effect dot com Slash Podcast Festival, or go to eventwright dot com to get your tickets and we'll see you next s atage. Yes, the positive notice simply this. Mistakes are a factor life. Okay, it is the response to the mistake that counts. Have a great weekend, Breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 14: You'll finished for y'all. Done,