Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is the j Envy Jess hilarious, Charlamane the guy. We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, Oscar de la Hoyer. Welcome whatever big weekend for you. Yeah, fight night. I have to ask one question, Well, Ryan go see a versus Devin Haaey, Ryan, go to see a versus Devinhainty. When you prepare for a fight a couple of days before the fight, do you go out?
Speaker 4: Do you go to restaurants? And do you just focus and stay in the hotel after trading? What? What's usually you advise a boxer.
Speaker 1: Well, what I would advise a boxer is obviously stay and stay focused, you know, you know, focused on your craft, your fight, making weight. It all depends. Every fighter is different. I've seen Ryan go.
Speaker 4: See in the restaurant we last night.
Speaker 2: Yes, learned from the biggest na.
Speaker 1: But is he focus every fighter's there, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. You know, I'm its promoter, I'm not with him twenty four seven. But yeah, you take a look at fighters in the past and it's like I mean, look at Tyson right in Japan.
Speaker 2: He lost.
Speaker 1: Douglas, Yeah, he lost. So it's like you have fighters, you know, like Trinidad or myself or that are focused, you know, and Ryan's different. Man, I don't know what it is, but he's just different. And and I saw him. Every time I see him, he's focused, he's you know, he's on it. And then every time cameras are around him, he's like he just turns it on. It's crazy.
Speaker 5: Well yesterday you said, uh, well not yesterday talk about Devin Haney. But are you concerned about Ryan got through his mental health in any way?
Speaker 1: Am I concerned?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Every time I every time I'm around him, I you know, I don't. I don't really pay attention. Yeah, I see what he's posting and all that, and it's like, okay, yeah that. I always think, well, it takes what ten seconds to post, thirty seconds to post, you know?
Speaker 4: So do you think it's a show for to sell takes to sell a fight?
Speaker 1: He might be trolling, man, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Now he recently they say he got asked to leave the Mets game. He was supposed to throw out the first pitch. Yeah, and they do him out the game. Do you know the reason for that was.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, the security. I'm pretty sure somebody in security got fired because we walked in. Oh yeah, yeah, I was with him. We walked in and he he uh, he goes into the VIP room to wait, you know, and he's warming up, he's excited to throw the pitch, and I walk in. I walk in after him, and I run into I run into the wife of the owner, and we start talking and she speaks Spanish and I'm like, oh man, she's all excited. Oh, I can't wait for Ryan and throw the pitch. Took pictures and all of a sudden, like fifteen minutes later, Yeah, they tell us, hey, they don't want Ryan. They don't want Ryan or Devin throwing the first pitch because there might be a fight between them.
Speaker 2: Between them, oh, because of what happened.
Speaker 1: Because what happened, you know, I mean it was a you know, it's a good shove, you know, yeah, devn But and I was like, no, it's all good, it's all good. I'll be in the middle and I'll take care of it. And they said, well, we'd rather have you throw the first pitch and you know, but they can't do it. I said, you know what, I'm gonna stick to my boy. We're gonna get out of here. Let's go. How did you get Yak's fans anyways?
Speaker 2: How did you get your relationship back on track?
Speaker 5: When Ryan got to see it because he was just pissed off at y'all in desembol.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know, it's funny. It's it's funny because you know when when when the fighter is gonna make a lot of money, you know, things change, Things change when the fighter loses, things change when the fighter wins, things change. You know, so boxing, but boxing boxers are we're all roller coasters.
Speaker 2: Man, with any conversation, any apology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know we talked. We uh you know, I'm here to give him advice. I'm probably the closest person, the closest fighter to give him advice. You know, everybody compares us this and that. You know, careers are similar or whatever. But but now we're all cool. We're good.
Speaker 2: I saw you say that Devin Haynes losing his composure.
Speaker 1: I think he is, man, I think he has see what what Ryan reminds me of is Floyd Mayweather. Okay, you know, Floyd Mayweather was the master at talkings man, he was, and how to get in your head. And I I can see Ryan getting into Devon's head. I mean Devn. I've never seen Devin push somebody so hard at the at the at the at the Empire State Building.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I've never I've never seen that. And so yeah, I mean Ryan, I think Ryan's doing something right, man, because he's gonna make weight.
Speaker 4: Is he gonna make waight? Because that's that was one thing that said he might not make weight.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hear, I hear. Both guys are are I think I think they know how to sell the fight, you know, and it's created a huge buzz and so but I think Saturday night it's gonna be so intense. I couldn't face these guys off yesterday at the at the press conferences. I thought they were gonna go at it. Yeah, So what do.
Speaker 6: You thoughts on on his ticket sales?
Speaker 1: Though? Ticket sales are going great? Alas, Yeah, tickets, I mean we're gonna have We're gonna have yeah, seventeen thousand people there.
Speaker 5: That's the damn lit they said. They just said that they were having trouble to sell the tickets. No, it's not, it's not.
Speaker 2: When that changed, we sold.
Speaker 1: We were at fourteen thousand when I got to New York.
Speaker 2: And somebody all the headline charlam saying somebody.
Speaker 1: Was giving the money in the bank account.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all these headlines. You've seen these headlines.
Speaker 3: I said, it was giving away tickets at in the front of the ball place, and nobody wanted to go.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true. It's not true. I would never do that.
Speaker 2: You're promoter. You both to say that you can't come on here.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't Sally, I would say, should it's not selling. But I'll tell you one thing. It's it hasn't sold out, which makes me, which makes me, you know, not concerned, but surprised, you know. Yeah, a fight like this should have sold out, like quick reading.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember Ryan saying that that he went that was a part of the reason why he wanted to be in Vegas, you know, because that's a better selling market for fights.
Speaker 1: Why was I had to bring them in New York? I had to.
Speaker 4: I had to say both LA fighters in LA.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you one thing, New York is a whole different animal.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: New York when you fight in New York, when you you're exposed to the audience here, it's just it takes you to another level.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I had to bring Ryan here with Devin, and it just made sense.
Speaker 2: The pay per views matter mortal, right, the paper view boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's going through the roof. It's crazy. I believe we have numbers that are just I mean, it's it's it's topping fights. This is going to be like a top top five in the world. Man history. Really, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't doubt that. I mean, Ryan sales fights.
Speaker 1: And I do have to say I do have to say that that my bad on my part. I did. I did scale the tickets a little too high, you know, like the first six, six, seven, first ten rows. Yeah, I think I put him too high. Was I think I was a little greedy?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, I was looking. I was like what Yeah, but I was.
Speaker 2: Now, what would a Ryan Garcia loss mean to his career?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: I think I think Ryan Garcia, see there's something special with Ryan Garcia is that you take look at the Tank fight, right, he loses the way he lost, gets knocked out, but now he's even bigger you know, it's strange. He's even bigger now and you know, fighting fighting Devin Haney, it's this is gonna be a bigger fight than fighting Tank. And so if he loses, it does nothing to him, even.
Speaker 2: If he gets like knocked out. I think it depends how you loay.
Speaker 1: It just depends on how Yeah, you're right, it depends on how he loses. He gets knocked out and won two rounds or whatever, it's like it's not over, but it obviously, you know, his stock goes down. But if it's a great fight, if it's a great fight, a long fight, and you get stopped in the tenth, eleventh round and in a great fight, he loses nothing. If he wins. Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna see him for like two months.
Speaker 4: You think it's gonna set out. It's gonna be a big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it's it's gonna be it's gonna be big. I mean, yeah, it's huge, it's actually huge. But yeah, the ticket sales. Yeah, my bad, My bad, seriously, my bad.
Speaker 2: So what do you mean my bad?
Speaker 5: You said no, no, no, you know, if I watch that TV on Saturday and it ain't full, Oh no, it.
Speaker 1: Will be full. It will be We'll have We'll have seventeen thousand, eighteen thousand people that we will.
Speaker 2: All right, we will.
Speaker 5: Now Canelo's back working with Golden Boys promote his upcoming fight, right and I read that correctly?
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, he uh he Canelo Canelo chose my fighter, him and Mungia to fight. Yeah, the scene with him my a weekend.
Speaker 2: I like him the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a he's a he's a beast man. He's yeah he uh. I think it's the changing of the guards. I really do, I really do. I think I think Canelo Canelo is a great fighter. Don't get me wrong. He's fought everybody he's but every fighter has their decline, every fighter, you know, the wear and tear he's. Canelo's had surgeries on his knees and his shoulders. You know, he had a tough fight in his last uh you know, outing with uh with uh some guy from the UK and and and Mungia knocked that guy out in his last fight. So I think Bungia being twenty seven years old, Canelo being thirty four on his way out, I think it's a changing of the guards.
Speaker 2: If Canelo was still a fighter. Would you say he's on the decline?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really yeah to retire? Will I encourage him to retire, not an to he fights?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to give to kick his ass. And you think he's going yeah, I think so, I think. I like, I like he's a warrior man, he's a fighter. But look, you know it isn't boxing. The next young guy has to come up and dethroned, you know, just like me and Chavis back in the day, you know, m hm, So yeah, it has to happen.
Speaker 4: And you very critical on Jake Paul. Mike Tyson fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jake Paul, I love Mike Tyson, man, I love my I don't want to see him get hurt. I don't want to see him. You know. I know there's where they're fighting with the head gear. They're fighting with sixteen ounce gloves. I know you're fighting with Yeah, yeah, they're fighting with head gear. So it's this is what I tell Jake Paul. Jake Paul, if you want to take the Sports serious right the way you claim you want to take the Sports Series and be world champion, well mhm, it's not taking this route and fighting Mike Tyson. You know, Yeah, you're gonna make a lot of money. You're gonna sell out of tickets, You're gonna tract a lot of new fans, which is great. But if you want to take the sports series and be world champion, then take the route. Go fight a top twenty, Go go fight a top ten fighter, top five fighter, be a contender and win a world title. Take the tough road the way we did. You know this route here? Yeah, some money grab but it's all good. I just wish Mike Tyson, you know, the very because I love Mike Tyson.
Speaker 4: Do you think he could beat Mike Tyson?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Man, Tyson. One punch from Tyson can can end it all. So then Tyson's looking like a beast right now.
Speaker 2: You just said Canelo's on the decline. He's only thirty four, Mike Tyson, it's sixty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is.
Speaker 1: This is an exhibition.
Speaker 2: Oh so you don't think they really gonna be hitting each other one?
Speaker 4: You don't think think Tyson will be hitting.
Speaker 1: I mean you saw the Roy Jones Mike Tyson fight, right, Yeah, and nobody knocked each other out. I mean, you know we know how to pull punches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you do you think would you if Ryan Goia losing this fight? What did you learn from his loss against Tank that you would do different if he loses this one.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, did you be there for him? Yeah? It all depends on him. Look, I'm the promoter, man, you know. Yeah, a lot of people think that I'm there with him every single day and this and they're holding his hand. He has his own team, he has his managers, he has his you know, he's got everything. I'm just just I'm just here to organize the whole thing, you know. That's it. I can give him advice if they come and ask me for advice. Yeah, but you know, I can't be I can't be like it's like babysit. I can be babysitting what. I got sixty fighters in my roster.
Speaker 3: But nothing's concerning to you when you see him, you know, spaz out online.
Speaker 4: Or you see the tweets or you hear the stories. It's not concerning at all.
Speaker 1: I gotta column. You know, Hey, what's what's going on?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: He goes, Now, everything is good. I'm trolling, man, I'm trolling. OK. Yeah, so I gotta believe that.
Speaker 6: And that's actually great for a promoter because tickets, tickets, tickets.
Speaker 1: Exactly, exactly.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you another question about Canelo. He was here last year and he said he didn't know if you're a good person, and that you're all business. You think de la Joya is a good person.
Speaker 7: If you see everything once he's doing, I think, yeh before because we are loyal right and and we are always we we we are the only fighter.
Speaker 2: We we we stay.
Speaker 7: With them when everybody left him, right because I'm loyal and and I trade everybody like a family. And I do the same thing with with Golden Boy. But I think he's no.
Speaker 2: He no that kind of person. You don't have no loyalty.
Speaker 7: I don't know if he's a good person or no, but I think he's not. He knows a person what he show.
Speaker 2: You think it's just all business with him, like yeah, okay, okay, all the business.
Speaker 1: I'm very disappointed with with with the ship he's talking. You know, I really am, because we work together for what I think eleven years. I built his career. You know, we could have easily derailed his career by the opponents that we that we chose for him, you know, and you're gonna tell me that he's gonna he's gonna talk shit about me when the man is down. You know, when I was down and out, what four or five years ago? Six years ago? He wants to step on my neck and keep me down and talk shit. What's wrong with you? You know?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Does he think I'm a bad guy? Yeah, I'm a bad guy to you. I don't like you for all the shit you talk to me about. You know, you don't do that. Keep you put a man down and keep him down and talk shit and continue. Come on, dude, what happened to helping me? Helping me out?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: We're fighters, we're we're in the boxing business. We're here together, you know. And so do I like him? I don't like him as a person, No, I don't. I mean he talks about he talks about loyalty and this and that, and this guy's jumping from promoter to promoter to promoter to promoter. I mean, what kind of loyalty is that?
Speaker 5: That's not loyalty you think you think could ever be repaired between you?
Speaker 1: No, No, he's that type of person. He's that type of person. Am I a bad guy?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: Everybody knows me. Everybody knows me.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 6: See right now, one of them tickets in the first ten rows. I'm coming, okay, but I got a ticket, but it ain't in one of them ten rows.
Speaker 4: So okay, are you a good person in that? Okay?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, he's a good person. You need a few tickets, Yeah, okay, I got you.
Speaker 5: Come on, seriously, now.
Speaker 1: I'm control all the tickets. I got you.
Speaker 2: I would think, so, boy.
Speaker 1: That pay per view as well.
Speaker 4: I got you. Well, we appreciate you for joining us to Fighters this weekend.
Speaker 3: If you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets pay per view as well.
Speaker 4: And we appreciate you. Thank you for always coming up here. Man.
Speaker 2: Man, I appreciate having conversations with you.
Speaker 1: I remember the first time I came here, ship. I was scared as fun man that.
Speaker 4: When you came out. Hey, we had to talk about everything in that book.
Speaker 1: No, you know why because I was lying to myself.
Speaker 2: That's real.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: You gotta stop lying to yourself and stop volunteering those lives the others.
Speaker 2: Oscar, that's right, we're good person.
Speaker 3: Right, let's Oscar de la Joya. It's the Breakfast Club Positive notes up Next, wake
Speaker 1: That ass up in the morning, Breakfast Club