Speaker 1: Today versus happy weekend. And I will say we are all really looking forward to this Monday show because you and Alexis, Alexis and Jose did a very special what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in the State Fair, Yeah, with a very special guest. I'm Jose's father. Thank you for listening to my son. Yay, he came to the fair that. Yeah, he's in town. It's my birthday, so he's in here for a week and he came to the fair. And you've been in the best mood since your dad has been here.
Speaker 1: He's just the most wholesome guy, Like he could literally just be like, I hope you have a blessed day, and I'm like, okay, I will.
Speaker 2: Now at the fair that I saw him, he just gave a guy fifty dollars. We look at his dad not with us, and he already he's handing a man cash. Does the person need help? I don't know. If it was me, I'd have been like, thanks, dinner just got paid for. But anyway, that's my dad. Yeah. Okay, So a ted Monday Morning. He's in the segment.
Speaker 1: And of course you can always hear the full show right here on the podcast after it airs on the radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into this game. Okay.
Speaker 1: We are gonna be asking is a generational game, our gen z, Alexis, some questions about the nineties today. I think they all pertain to the nineties. Sometimes we throw in some eighties, but today's all about the nineties. And we're gonna try something new that I haven't tried before, and we're calling it the most misheard lyrics of the nineties. Okay, cool, So this is how it's gonna work, Alexis. I'm gonna read you what people thought the lyric was, okay, and then we're even gonna play that snippet of song for you, and then you just have to tell me the correct lyric.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're gonna start with nineteen ninety five, a song from No Doubt Just a Girl, Okay, which I know you know it because they just reunited at Coachella and did it with Olivia Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: Oh I know again, Yep, yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: Some people thought the lyric was I'm just a girl a little hungry, So take a listen.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me what the real lyric is little hungry? I think it's lonely. I'm just a girl, A little lonely?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: No, whoa? I thought it was lonely too, I'm just a girl, Oh little old me? Go play it again? What lonely related? The most related?
Speaker 1: To get a point there, we're gonna move into nineteen ninety seven now, all right, and a song that I.
Speaker 2: Swear puts you in a good mood, no matter what. Okay, do you know what song I'm talking about? I don't know, handsome, but oh yeah, vibe it is. I love it.
Speaker 1: Some people thought the lyric was you go through all the pain and strife and a day of acne gone so fast?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, does it really ring? Listen to it? You gone fairy something acne? Or your vacuum is going. Oh maybe you go through all the pain and strife. You're vacuuming so fast? You know clean? Do you go through all the pain and stripe? Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast?
Speaker 1: Playing gone fast?
Speaker 2: My god? I thought you'd do better at this? When do I ever do get at this? Okay? How about Alanis Morisset? How familiar are you with her music? Only from any time? You're like, oh my god, I love her? Okay, you don't.
Speaker 1: She released you ought to Know, and some people thought she's saying, it's not fair to remind me of the cross eyed bear that you gave to me. It's not.
Speaker 2: It really does sound like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think it's to deny me, not to Okay, it's not fair to deny me the cross eye bear, is not it?
Speaker 2: She got a right y, Yeah, it's not fair to cross that side bear. Yeah, only because I knew that was wrong. It's easy to eliminate that. Okay, we're gonna move on to the next question. That is fun, all right, if we're talking about Naked.
Speaker 1: Gun because it's in the news right now because they're doing a remake of the movie.
Speaker 2: Did you not know this? Ashi? No, I did not.
Speaker 1: You know. I know they're gonna remake it with Liam Neeson what and Pamela Anderson.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think, I don't. I don't think le Nica can stand up to Leslie Nielsen. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So the original movie Alexis came out in nineteen eighty eight. Of course they had a bunch of like more after that, but it starred Leslie Nielsen and Priscilla Presley.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna ask you what the plot was of the first film, Naked Gun. Yes, I'll give you more. Remember imagining top Gun but naked? Yeah? Exactly? Okay, Okay, So was the plot?
Speaker 1: A A goofy detective specializing in animals goes in search of the missing mascot of the Miami Dolphins. B A lazy law school graduate adopts a kid to impress his girlfriend, but everything doesn't go as planned.
Speaker 2: And these are all plots from real movies, just so you know. Or was it? See?
Speaker 1: Queen Elizabeth, the second of England is coming to town and Vincent Ludwig has plans to assassinate her.
Speaker 2: Using a brainwash baseball player. Wow, what is happening? So is it the detective in search of the mascot? Is it the lazy law school.
Speaker 1: Graduate who adopts a kid to impress his girlfriend, or is it the brainwashed baseball player ready to assassinate Queen Elizabeth?
Speaker 2: The id? Okay? How are those real?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 2: Every single one of them are from real films. I will tell you that.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's because Liam Neeson is gonna be starring in it. I don't think he'll be a lazy lawsuit guy. Or a lazy lawyers Are you okay?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just don't see him being a lazy actor sort of thing. So you're gonna eliminate that lazy lawsuit.
Speaker 3: I got a detective finding the Miami Dolphins, missing mascot, missing mascot, or the assassination because it's an assassin. I'm gonna say that one, because Liam is all right, play.
Speaker 1: The audio clip and his city is in the hands of a master criminal with a sinister plant. I must kill queen. Oh my god, all I could pig is the new one Liam Neeson being like, and don't call me Shirley. Yeah. Yeah, it's a spoof movie, and that was the real MLB star Reggie Jackson, who plays himself in the film. Oh j. Simpson is in the film as a best friend detective who's in a coma.
Speaker 2: Just so you know. The other film plots.
Speaker 1: The goofy detective with the Miami Dolphins is Ace Ventura starring Jim Carrey, and the law school graduate who adopts the kid to impress his girlfriend is the movie Big Daddy starring Adam Sandler.
Speaker 2: So funny, so terrible, You got right, good job, all right. Last question, of the day.
Speaker 1: The movie Titanic is all the talk right now again, and it has nothing to do with the actual film.
Speaker 2: Jack, I want you to draw me like one of your French girls wearing this, wearing only this. It doesn't have to do with that either. I just think it's a funny clip. Yeah, no, it's actually have you read this.
Speaker 1: It's back in the news, not because of what happened in the movie, but the production. Okay, some people call it the greatest mystery of all time and they actually had to launch an investigation into what happened on the set, and the investigation has been reopened.
Speaker 2: This is wild. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: During the filming there was eighty people, including James Cameron and Bill Paxton, who had to be hospitalized after their food was spiked.
Speaker 2: Can that's crazy?
Speaker 1: Yes? So Alexis, can you tell me what the mystery person put in the clam chowder to make everyone have to go to the hospital?
Speaker 2: What the person how to eat clam chowder? First of all, yeah, a lot of it. I mean, that's really funny. They were filming in Canada.
Speaker 3: Couldn't be spiked with anything like are we saying they could have maybe just put some like weed in it to calm everyone down and make it more fun vibe, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Because you want the tannic filming to be a fun vine. We're all going down, but like, I'm cool with it. Bro doesn't feel so bad. That's a good point. People do laxatives and food, you know, revenge if you have a bad dance. Maybe just the actresses wanted to lose some weight. Yeah, yeah, like let me help you out.
Speaker 3: Got you, Yeah, I'm gonna go basic. I think they were trying to, you know, just mess people on sat and they did some vodka.
Speaker 2: He was much more intense than that. They actually put the hallucinogetic drug PCPH to the clam chowder. Oh my god, and I swear in my life.
Speaker 1: It was actually reported at the time that James Cameron shouted, there's something in me, get it out while a congo line formed around him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And also just so you know, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet were not on the.
Speaker 1: Set that day, so they got spared. But eighty people had to go to the hospital and they're like still investigating it is so that's insane that they haven't found did it. They don't know, like there's rumors that it could have been, uh, somebody was mad at the catering company, yes, and they were trying to.
Speaker 2: Get their own boss in trouble, do you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, but wild. That's wild of your coffee. All right, that was f Thanks.
Speaker 1: Make sure you're here on Monday morning again eight ten for that. What you're doing with exactly our very special guest.
Speaker 2: I'm Jose's father. Thank you for listening to my son so cure. It's Brogod Jeffrey in the morning.