Speaker 1: Has tipping culture gotten out of control?
Speaker 2: We're moving there.
Speaker 1: It's broken Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: We've done a lot of stories about how the public's getting frustrated because everywhere they go, everywhere they look, even when they're doing self checkout, it's like, hey, you want to leave a twenty five percent tip for the groceries that you just scanned yourself?
Speaker 4: Oh yep, also put in your cart, yourself bagged yourself. Wait did I actually even talk to anyone?
Speaker 3: Y Well, now there's a story making headlines that tipping cultures worked its way into the Newark Airport in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: A passenger was checking in at the United ticketing counter. Turns out their checked bag was half a pound too heavy. Uh huh oh, just zero point five pounds over the weight limit.
Speaker 1: Okay, take that code out and put it.
Speaker 2: On, take one thing out.
Speaker 3: Well, the agent just looked over at the person, smiled and said, Nah, don't.
Speaker 1: Worry, I didn't see nothing awesome. You never hear that from airline them a high five.
Speaker 3: Even so, the customer thought, oh cool, I'm getting a nice break. But then the agent pointed down to the counter and said, you can just leave me a little tip for that right here.
Speaker 2: No, the.
Speaker 3: Customer would wonder the same thing, asked is he being for real?
Speaker 1: And the agent said yes, I'm serious.
Speaker 3: No, So the passenger threw down five bucks.
Speaker 5: What I would not I would, I think, because I'd be If not, they'd be like, yeah, than fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: On the way home, they said they did feel a little weird about it. I feel like they were.
Speaker 2: Just like blackmailed.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's how they a little scammed. So they went and reported it to United on their No surprise, United has not responded, but in general, the stories making the rounds online and people are saying it's totally ridiculous. If it ever happens again. They recommend asking for a supervis I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Do it because I feel like it's almost like condescending to give someone money who's not in.
Speaker 2: A tipping situation. Job.
Speaker 4: It's like, you look like you need this any service, right.
Speaker 3: I think we all should pull out a few dollar bills for digital Jake, as we said the shot collar question of the day, shout it out.
Speaker 2: I do this for the love of the game only.
Speaker 1: I want to speak to your supervisor. That's not cool.
Speaker 2: He refuses our money on ja on this day.
Speaker 6: Back in nineteen eighty one, a group of four robbers broke into the vault of a First National Bank in Tucson and made off with three point three million dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was so much and now.
Speaker 6: At the time it made it the largest single heist in US history. The culprits were never identified and never caught, so obviously they must have been pretty smart. Yeah, but today we're just going to focus on the dumb criminals. I'm going to read you some news headlines about the stupidest criminals in American history, and you have to tell me if it was real or not. In a special low brow law Breakers edition of.
Speaker 4: Twenty After years of doing laser stories, I feel like every one of these is gonna be real.
Speaker 1: Girl jaded here.
Speaker 6: You know what, Just for you guys, all of these potential crimes happened in Florida. We're gonna start with the woman who turned her prison jumpsuit into a crop top.
Speaker 2: Alexis Alexis.
Speaker 6: Your headline is Florida man steals hundreds of bees because he thought they were lonely and abandoned. Is that a real headline or made.
Speaker 1: Up Florida hero more hard.
Speaker 5: It's like Brooks said everything, like I believe all of it.
Speaker 4: Can't you picture the guy like trying to pet them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I can see it, like thinking if he just wears enough like long sleeves, it works, you know, to cover himself from getting stung. And like, I think it's true.
Speaker 2: Jake Lexis thinks that's real. That is, it's a real headline.
Speaker 6: And if they don't have an owner, they're freebies. As brook it's your turn, God, your headline. Florida man leaves apology note return stolen goods after realizing they're not the latest iPhone? Is that a real headline or made up?
Speaker 4: God, that would be a disappointment, like they'd steal mine and then they take the back off and be like, wait a minute, it's all cracked.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it's real.
Speaker 6: Brooks says, that's a real headline. That is, it's a made up headline.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't leave an apology note.
Speaker 6: One for two, we're going over to Jose. Now, Jose your headline. Florida man demands cash, gets confused by self checkout, accidentally pays for stolen items.
Speaker 2: Is that a real headline.
Speaker 1: Could I make that up? Just gets nest into paying It's hilarious.
Speaker 4: I don't understand how it even work.
Speaker 1: But it's floridafusing. I'm gonna say it's not true.
Speaker 2: Jose said, that's made up. That is good eye.
Speaker 6: I almost though, went over to Jeffrey. Jeffrey, your headline, Florida man arrested for calling nine to one one after his kitten was denied entry into a strip club. Is that a real headline? Didn't you make that up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't want to see any naked ladies. It's my cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone in.
Speaker 4: That club would be so excited, would be so happy.
Speaker 3: I think for sure a Florida guy was upset that his cat couldn't get in.
Speaker 1: That's a real story.
Speaker 2: Jeff says, that's real. That is yeah, real headline.
Speaker 6: All right, we're on to around number two. Alexis, seventy six year old Florida woman was kicked out of KFC and arrested for breastfeeding her forty two year old on in public.
Speaker 2: Is that a real headline or did we make that up?
Speaker 5: This is going to be broke who doesn't let her kids be in?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 2: Alexis said, that's real. That is, that's a real headline. Looking forward to this, alright, not.
Speaker 6: Your headline here, Florida man gets pulled over, Police find thirty.
Speaker 2: Eyeballs stuffed up his butt. Who is that a real headline or fake?
Speaker 1: That is not a real headline, James.
Speaker 4: No, there's a lot of glass eyeballs out there.
Speaker 1: Or are they real eyeballs or googly?
Speaker 4: Maybe he just wanted to see what's up there.
Speaker 1: Take a peak.
Speaker 2: Let's just say it's real. Col have gone too far. Hosey says, that's real. It is headline. I refuse to elaborate.
Speaker 4: More.
Speaker 2: Run at, Jeffrey, more details than that.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey, here's your headline. Florida man's getaway foiled by GPS accidentally navigates straight to police station.
Speaker 2: Is that a real headliner? Made up?
Speaker 4: I feel like that we've reported on this in laser stories.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Well, only because it's Florida. I'm saying it's real.
Speaker 2: Jeff we said that's real.
Speaker 6: That is that's made up, which means we go to sudden death. Alexis Alexi. You get this right, you win? You get it wrong, Jose Wins. Here's your headline, Florida man steals gumball machine gets caught trying to sell gumballs on Facebook.
Speaker 2: A real headline.
Speaker 1: When we make that up a piece, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like going on Facebook too much effort for a Florida man. I feel like he'd go outside like a kid's school and try to sell them there. You know, like that. So I'm going to say it's not true.
Speaker 2: Jay Alexi says that's made up. That is a real headline, and that means.
Speaker 6: Jose, you've won today's edition of Plentium twenty.
Speaker 4: I'm more concerned about the people who bought the gumballs.
Speaker 6: If you're not getting your gumballs from Facebook marketplace, you're missing give your house.
Speaker 3: Well, Jose, you get to choose who gets shocked. They're going to be singing No Scrubs by TLC. So who's it gonna be.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because it's her favorite.
Speaker 4: I gotta choose a broke Okay, No, I don't one.
Speaker 2: No scrub.
Speaker 4: Scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.
Speaker 1: That's your shot collar question of the day. We got your phone tap coming up
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning