Speaker 1: I listen to your shirt every single day.
Speaker 2: Breaks God, Damny the breakfast club? What god ass up? Want a breakfast club?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 2: They can't say breakless club without things worthless club. You're like this rare air. She got platforms and partners all over the place with us. Your man is so high. People want to be in business with the breakfast buck. I don't think white people know how popular you guys are. DJ Envy, Jess hilarious, Charlemagne the God. You guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk.
Speaker 4: I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yo, good morning Usa yo.
Speaker 5: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Jess hilarious That morning, Charlamagne the God. Peace to the planet. Is Monday, Yes, Monday.
Speaker 6: Back to the work week. How you feeling, Man, had an amazing weekend? I feel blessed. Black and Holly favorite. My micro's not great?
Speaker 5: Video?
Speaker 2: No, and what'st be these headphones? You new headphones? Finally? Oh yeah, they sound like auto tune or something like Future and his Mother. No, No, it was crazy what you did this weekend. That was so great. Watched the fight.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is a fantastic fight this weekend, Devin Haney versus Ryan.
Speaker 2: Go see it.
Speaker 6: This is why we love uh we love the sport of boxing, the unpredictability of it, because nobody expected Ryan to do what he did.
Speaker 2: Were like eight eight oh or something like that. Eight to one is something crazy like that. Now, just you went to the fight. I wasn't in there.
Speaker 7: It was great, it was it was it was amazing. I liked how Ryan came out. I like that it came out to Jesus Walks. I like I like the fight.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm not surprised that he did what he did.
Speaker 7: I was just I kept being surprised that Devin kept getting knocked down, but he wouldn't.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't like, they wouldn't call it.
Speaker 7: They was calling did y'all see the fights before they was calling They was calling the fights like crazy, yeah, real fast, and they just did. He got knocked down like three times, Devin, right, and yeah, they didn't call it at all. He looked so confused the first time, like, yeah, you ain't see the first time you got down.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it.
Speaker 6: You never He's never been knocked down like the seventh so I'm sure that was a new feeling for him.
Speaker 2: That's never happened. He's never been knocked down in a fight. That's the luteo for.
Speaker 8: Kept getting up. But and then twenty one Savage came out with them, and that was.
Speaker 2: So walked about. Yeah, yeah, he walked them out. But how do you feel when you come out to a fighter and he lose, Like when yeah.
Speaker 7: We ain't see him no more, you don't come after you.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna head back to That was it. But I was.
Speaker 8: I sat right behind Mike Tyson.
Speaker 7: It was cool, and it was so many people coming up to him, like the people were so upset because it was so many people coming up to him, like taking pictures and all that.
Speaker 8: And he had this people next to him and he kept on telling.
Speaker 7: Security like I'm ready like ol bow some people I'm telling all these white women just kept coming Mike Tyson, yes, kept coming.
Speaker 8: Up like Mike Hey putting the camera in space.
Speaker 2: He ain't like that at all. It was real crazy there.
Speaker 7: Somebody was smoking a cigarette right beside me. I got them put out, so I feel good about myself. Okay, all right, A at like, all right, Bill Blunt, don't bring those cigare out.
Speaker 2: I don't bring none of that. You're pregnant.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, but you know, I can smile a little. We don't smoke no cigare right next to me.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 8: It was real goto.
Speaker 2: But it was smelling the weed because you can't smoke.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, the weed is fine, but not a whole pack of Newport Nah, and you gearing up to smoke it?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 7: And knew who I was, knew I was pregnant everything. Yeah, Jack's all right, yeah, put her out, gotta put right out.
Speaker 9: Good job, Jess, good job. Now shout to the Jack and Jill organization. I was at the gall of Friday, and then Saturday I went to the Barrister Bowl or the Barrister Gala out in Detroit, which is a gala that's all black attorneys based out of Detroit. So it was pretty dope. It was like three thousand people there. It was a great time, great event. And then I got a chance to watch the game. You mean to watch the fight and the game actually, so it was it was a great weekend for me too. I got a chance to relax, I got a chance to do a little work and then just sit back blacks to wash the kiddies nice. All right, Well, let's get the show cracking. Comedian Little rail will be joining us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, real, got a movie I'll called We've Grown That We've Grown now.
Speaker 9: Yes, we're gonna kick it with a comedian, little relm. We got front page news. We'll tell you about Donald Trump and Ryan Garcia. He'll tell you what he did before the fight. So don't move. It's to breakfast club the morning morning, everybody. It's tj En v Jess, Hilaris Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Start off with sports, the playoffs.
Speaker 9: The Cavaliers beat the Magic Timberwolves beat the Suns, the Nuggets beat the Lakers, the Knicks beat the seventies six is, Celtics beat the Heat, the Clippers beat the Mavericks, the Thunder beat the Pelicans, barey and the Bucks beat the Paces. All right, now, over the weekend, of course, everybody was watching the fight, Ryan Garcia versus Devin Haney, and Ryan Garcia won three knockdots, a wild upset.
Speaker 2: And this is what he said after the fight.
Speaker 10: I walked through the fire and still hold it down and still beat Devin Haney and still drink every day and still beat them.
Speaker 2: And I did everything. Hey, what happened?
Speaker 11: False reality?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 12: Drank every single night, went out on the first Monday and the Tuesday and drank.
Speaker 2: And what happened?
Speaker 13: I won?
Speaker 2: No necessary?
Speaker 12: Am I proud of that?
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying this is it was a statement to show you you guys can't really with me.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: I'll do whatever I want. I still win.
Speaker 6: Kids, don't listen to Ryan, I see you that man was not drinking every night. Okay, now I will say that he was not drinking every night.
Speaker 9: I see night when I seen him Thursday night in the club, I mean Thursday night in the restaurant. He did look a little twisted, but I wasn't gonna put it on him because I'm like, I don't know if it was water out.
Speaker 2: It's what he looked like. If he knows how to act. Have we not learned that?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 6: The smartest thing Ryan go See said in his post fight but he said, stop believing everything you see on the damn Internet.
Speaker 2: I ain't seen it on end and I've seen it in person. But you can't. You can't put that on somebody because he came in acting. So that's why we clearly was acting. We saw him in the ring Saturday. Clearly he was acting.
Speaker 6: It was all in act. He beat that, he definitely did, But I mean, it's sleuth. The Devinaty, Devinhainey was a warrior. Devin Andiney fought the whole twelve rounds. He kept getting up like because there was some shot them left hooks that Ryan gotta see.
Speaker 2: It was landing.
Speaker 6: I thought they were gonna have Devon on his ass, but he kept getting up. So slut to Devinhainey. That was a fantastic fight between two warriors. But you want to see it again. Of course they got to run that back right now. Let's talk about Donald Trump. Today is the opening statements in his trial.
Speaker 14: Today, the jury seated and sworn in. Opening statements are set to begin in Lower Manhattan. The historic criminal trial is likely to feature a familiar cast of characters. First, there's Michael Cohen, who's likely to be the prosecution's main witness. The former president's fixer paid Stormy Daniels and got reimbursed for the payments.
Speaker 2: We might also hear from Stormy Daniels herself.
Speaker 14: The adult film actress may be asked to testify about her alleged sexual encounter with Trump. Then there's Hope Hick, who is Trump's campaign was at least at the time his campaign preseecretary at the time of that hush money payment. Prosecutors may ask her about her knowledge of Trump's efforts to prevent Daniel's allegations from becoming public.
Speaker 2: The wild card in all this is the former president himself.
Speaker 14: He said he would take the stand as he exited a courtroom on Friday, but it's still far from clear if he will stick to that plan.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning to jury number five in the Trump trial. That's right.
Speaker 6: She wanted to the breakfast club drive on the cool boons with jury number five. I don't know if she's listening right now. I don't think she's supposed to. But if you are, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Yes, good morning she. I'm sure she is.
Speaker 9: She's on her way to court right now. All right, and that is front page news. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines or wide open, let us know what you did. This weekend, how your weekend was and all that. Did you win money on the fight? Let's discuss again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 15: What's up?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 3: His money was online on what up?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest now?
Speaker 16: I just want to talk about how the referee was just cuttling the fight go on after hit eighth lay wild.
Speaker 2: Believe he was the champion. You gotta you gotta gotta keep the money.
Speaker 9: See mad people talking about that. Y'all believe the rep should stopped the fight.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, at some point, I mean the way he was calling him all the fights before.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't know, Charla, I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think Devin Haney was ever hurt to the point where they had to stop the fight. I wouldn't have stopped the fight, father.
Speaker 8: He was looking so weak though, Like after a while, I was like, damn.
Speaker 2: You please call it. If he could stop the fight, I would have hit good too. Man, guy would have hit good too. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 3: Over from the shot man?
Speaker 2: Emery?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I just want to get out. That's about that fight. He shouldn't be in barrased, not at all. He came out for a good fight. He shouldn't being barrassed boosting him up so much. That man ro being him like he wanted to candy. Come about it?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 6: Why why why shouldn't his daddy boost him up? I mean, Devin Handy is a multiple world champion and two weight classes. Or are you talking about he was? He was an undisputed champion at lightweight? Are you talking about?
Speaker 3: No, It's cool that you do what you do as a father, because I'm a father myself. But I'm just saying, if you're gonna boot him up like that, he said, have came out.
Speaker 2: Of one, he was under undefeated, aout undefeated, undisputed champion. You s body to row up. I hate people you never about. He was like, I'm sending him in there to kill him. I'm evenna kill him. He was, Hello, was this good morning?
Speaker 16: It's telling you?
Speaker 2: Hey, tell you get it off your chest.
Speaker 17: I just wanted to say good morning, see y'all and congratulations to death on her pregnancy.
Speaker 16: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 17: Y'all might not remember me by my name because I talked to so many people. But it's been a couple of months. I'm the girl that got shot in the back and like you know, had that whole situation going on.
Speaker 2: Damn, sorry to have it to you, Quinn. I remember this story. Now, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think should.
Speaker 17: It's just been a few months of listening to y'all. I used to throw the new paper route. That's why I would listen to y'all. Soon did y'all come in, But I I started back doing my line. Took jobs for like three months.
Speaker 5: But it was just too much on me.
Speaker 16: So here I am back doing the paper out trying to hust me.
Speaker 2: All right, he's gone, she's done. That's right, and thank you for listening. We appreciate you always, love y'all so much. I love you more.
Speaker 9: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Today. Is it your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: Way up, whether you're.
Speaker 2: Mad or black. Time to get up and get something. Call up now eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: What's up, Nicholas?
Speaker 2: How's it going, Nicholas? Good morning? Get it off your chest? Why you sound so joyful?
Speaker 12: Nick?
Speaker 5: Morning?
Speaker 2: You sound jolly?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 18: I am.
Speaker 5: It's been a good it's been a good weekend. Actually, I want to call and talk about that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: First, sorry about the.
Speaker 2: Morning Morning can did they just hilarious? Morning?
Speaker 5: Good morning? I want to call it about that Chris brownsh what you did?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 5: That thing was amazing crazy. He was going on crazy like we knew. I mean, I don't know, like I was just when I first heard it. I just I wasn't expecting him to go off like he did, Like I just, I wasn't ready for it. But I loved it. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't like him wishing death on though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I mean you, like you've always said, like when it's a rap battle, there's nothing off the table rule, right, there's no rules, And yeah, he really did. But I want to say something else too. It's as hilarious. Congratulations for getting the show. I really love you on here, and you've been really amazing. I wanted to stay back in March. You did the whole women's say thing right every day. Yes, yeah, so I really liked that you shout it out. Randy.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Randy is one of my favorite singers since I was a kid. So really cool to trying to rally.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 5: I feel like she doesn't like her flowers all the time, so I appreciate that you was that She's one of my favorites absolutely.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Dad Nicholas, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 5: My name is me.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 6: You said morning, you said, yes, Misha, Good morning, Misha, good morning.
Speaker 17: I just want to say, first of all, good morning to y'all. Is second Jess, hilarious, congratulations, throw on your practy.
Speaker 2: Thank you, boom, You're welcome.
Speaker 17: So I want to let y'all know, Okay, I got my chest. Last week was the first week me and my men all day for the first time without our kids. Now I'm just gonna say, my son is nine years old, so y'all do the math. Okay, Right, we went to Vegas and it was so much fun. I never knew how fun the Vegas is. I love the fact that we can, you know, smoke your candidates without nobody being in your business. Because I'm from Miami. Miami in your business.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 17: The second thing, because I know, charl Man, you'd be ready to hang it up all people now.
Speaker 2: But it is not me. That's envy. Envy do the phone. I'm listening.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry.
Speaker 17: So I just want to say, y'all have a podcast, Paul Mammany The Life two. I didn't want any mothers or any fathers to that need to say space to talk about anything or give helpful tips to people. That's great. Again, it's Paul Mammony The Life two. Y'all can find me on my Facebook page, which is pretty and asniche. I'm gonna sell it out, y'all. Is Ps and Peter are why m as a mother, at as a sam m I at eh a pretty much niche.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 17: If I want to tune into my podcast dot Ken today, we're gonna be talking about artisty kids. I would love to see any people come in and share their input on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, absolutely, you gave some great advice this morning.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 2: Vacations are important.
Speaker 6: That's what we call them when we lead the kids at home and just mom and daddy go off for the weekend.
Speaker 9: That's right, vacation. Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent, you can hit it up now. We got just with the mess coming up. What were talking about last week?
Speaker 2: It was just red Beef.
Speaker 7: That was R and B Beef, Red Beef, hit Hop beef everything. Jesus So everybody's brand black. So we're gonna talk about that.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into that next. Don't move. It's to breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: Good morning, the breakfast Club, The breakfast Club, day and night.
Speaker 19: I tossed a turn, and I keep stressing my mind in mind, I look for peace for see, I don't attain what I need to keeps the silly game we play play now, look get this madness. The magnet keeps attracting me and me I try to run to see.
Speaker 11: I'm not that fast. I think the first was surely finished last last.
Speaker 19: Because day and night and night, the lone and Loner seems to freeze mine the night.
Speaker 11: He's all alone through the day and night and night.
Speaker 17: The lone and Loner.
Speaker 19: Seems to freeze mine the night that night, day and night and night. The lone and loner seems to freeze mine and night. He's all the lonesome things will never change. The lone's loneer seems to freeze minding night that night, Hold the phone. The lonely mister solo, he's on the move, can seem to shake the shade within his dreams. He sees the life he made made The pain is deep.
Speaker 11: A sign of sleeper. You won't hear a beep beep the girl once, don't seem no one in too.
Speaker 9: More than everybody and see j Envy, Jesse l ry Chelamane the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess you need.
Speaker 2: It is real whatever, it's just Robin Moore just don't do lines, don't.
Speaker 4: Talk, don't sell nobody talk world Why jes worldwise mask on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 21: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 5: This time to set it on.
Speaker 7: Drake was real active this weekend, so first he officially dropped push ups, which was his response to Kendrick's verse on like that, and the track was leaked just to see if we liked it. In my opinion, y'all hyped it up, so he officially released it this past Friday. Then he followed up with another disc called Tailor Me Freestyle. He used two AI made versus with the voices of Tupac and Snoop Dogg, And we got that.
Speaker 22: West Coast Brady, your name the same hip hop hit and the deal with you seem a little nervous about all the public city we need to know the baby the West Coast madout him.
Speaker 6: It's tough, yeah, and it's clearly a Ti doctor dre Bet too right d sounding record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think it's a little clowned out, man, you ain't very much. I just felt like it was dope. I thought it was brilliant the way he did it was. Why did you think it was clowned up?
Speaker 8: I mean, I just it's just like the fact that he used Snoop and I mean, I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 8: It's just almost weird. Even even his verse were you talking about, like.
Speaker 2: I think it's dope.
Speaker 9: He put it together basically waiting for Kendrick and POxy and Kendrick, don't let us down and snoop Si the West Coast Icons, being disappointed in Kendrick lamar as dope.
Speaker 2: Drake did exactly what he was supposed to do. It was dope.
Speaker 6: He came out with another one before Kendrick can respond again. I love the strategy. I thought the record was creative. And Kendrick can't blame anyone for that record but himself because he still hasn't responded. Yeah, and I'm gonna tell you something else. Don't be surprised if Drake drops again this week. But if he drops again this week, it's not gonna be a hit. It's not gonna be a diss record. It's gonna be a hit record.
Speaker 2: Which this is in it? Why we acting like we don't know this page man at this point? Yeah, I mean that's why we all have opinions, you know. But Drake did the final verse in his own voice.
Speaker 11: I love it, Like I'm not in the rooms like that you talk changed a little, You not a how are you not in the booth?
Speaker 2: It feel like you kind of removed trying it not this time?
Speaker 11: Follow it through.
Speaker 2: Trizzy on that man. I like what Rizzy did.
Speaker 6: I don't like when Waffle Color Negroes go on the wall path. But you know, Drake does it very well. And once again, don't be surprised if he drops again this week. But it's not gonna be a disrecord. It's gonna be a hit record with some this is in it. Because he does this all the time. Like he put out two records. One just came out on DSP and then he just threw throughout the AI record. That's not how Drake moves. Drake makes hit record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he can't clear the AI record, but just throw that out for the you know on the internet, he's going to I wouldn't be I can you come out with a record this week? That's a that's a hit record with some dis is in it.
Speaker 6: That's what's gonna be all over radio, gonna scream crazy, probably a video just watch.
Speaker 7: It's crazy because he was saying like, uh that Kendrick is gonna have to wait a week or whatever because Taylor Swift drops an album with him, so he can't drop until after she's gonna put him off the field or whatever. But then it turns around and says that he moved his his stuff because Taylor.
Speaker 2: Dropped, So I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just feel like, you know, he having fun with this because he ain't nobody saying nothing or whatever.
Speaker 2: But she told she told two million in the first week.
Speaker 7: No, no, I understand that's why he moved this project too. But you you saying that Kendrick can't he has to wait after she dropped too.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 8: It was just I don't know.
Speaker 7: Like I said, I felt like to me it was clomed out. But Snoop Dogg had woke up and didn't know what was going on. So Snoop Snoops track, I mean Snoops pot on.
Speaker 2: It was number seen.
Speaker 15: What he really got to do, passed you to towards you at the House of Blues, and now you've got to do some dirty work.
Speaker 2: You know how to move him right right?
Speaker 1: I know we've never been to jail or with jumped suits and shot with shoots, never shot nobody, never.
Speaker 2: Stay on nobody, never did nothing, Violet, and know when it's the only stand.
Speaker 5: Of power you.
Speaker 7: He didn't seem like he was upset by it. It was it was just funny to him, but he was still confused. This was his reaction and stuff.
Speaker 4: They did what.
Speaker 2: Are you sure y'all have a good night until all well, everybody called him my phone blowing. Lord, what the what happened? What's going on? I'm going back to bed, good night.
Speaker 6: I love the strategy of it all, man. It's another calculated drones striped by Drake. And you know, Kendrick gets at the point right now. It's like, I don't even know what he's going to say. It's kind of like Drake neutralized his opponent in a real way because he eminem and eight midistself saying things that Kendrick.
Speaker 2: Could possibly say about him.
Speaker 6: Kendrick can't come out and sound angry because Drake just out here sounded like he's having some fun.
Speaker 2: He just want to spark. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, Kanye inserted himself.
Speaker 2: That's so that's so pointless he was at all.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's Kanye, you know, not this wasn't he does oh very much, Drake and Kanye both of this weekend.
Speaker 2: It's a weekend to be if.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to talk about this, Chris, but we do that in the second hour because we were talking about y'all favorites right now.
Speaker 2: So he uh, this is what he said West Lucy Ben's chirped the masks. He caught a little bag for your masks. Stacking your lifetime fell like the Bathroot and that Finiti.
Speaker 11: Y'all so out of sight, out of mind.
Speaker 2: I can't even think of a Drake line.
Speaker 1: Play Jake Cole, get the dry play this It's back one.
Speaker 11: Hundred and thirty times.
Speaker 7: I just didn't agree with it because I think of Drake lines, even though I'm not even really like a Drake fan, Like I'm an old Drake fan, like of.
Speaker 2: All the old stuff when you used to make music for us but for women, That's what I mean.
Speaker 8: But like watching the Royal Rumble, nobody nobody jumped in.
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, all the wrestlers be running out, and then that one wrestler right now, Like, why the hell is he coming out here for?
Speaker 2: I don't want to see him, Kanye go back home. But we have to admit.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know if y'all wuld admit it or not. That beat was fire.
Speaker 2: I don't know if y'all heard the whole track.
Speaker 8: Oh the beat was crazy, real crazy.
Speaker 2: It's just everything that was on top of the beat, all the words, all the words. It's terrible.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I guess that's that's it for Drake. Uh, Kendrick and Kanye.
Speaker 6: Kendrick is on the clock. Okay, I just want you all to know that I've been saying that, but Kendrick is on the clock. Does Drake give a Kanye a record? Because you know Drake's sitting on the Kanye record, he probably don't have a few of those.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't give it you like that, Like Kanye's verse on the Light that is gone. Nobody's talking about it after nobody cares. Nobody cares no. But that is just what the master for the first time. Thank you, Jess.
Speaker 9: When we come back, we got front page News will tell you what's going on in Columbia University. And let's get to the record. If you haven't heard the record, this is the full record. This is Drake I Guess featuring the AI version of Tupac and Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 7: Se See how you said, I guess it's clowned out. You can't even say it, I can't listen to me.
Speaker 2: Well, just listen. This is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: I need to know this, Taylor right now, Hendrick Lamark next year in the same parent company as something.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know. I don't know either. I know she did two million this week, which is crazy. Two million. It's just psychological warfare at this point. Kendrick got a nuclear weapon. You have a nuclear web. We'll see.
Speaker 9: All right, morning, we are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news. Now, some quick sports. The Cavaliers beat the Magic Timberwolf beat the Suns, and the Nuggets beat the Lakers. The Knicks beat the seventy six is Celtics beat the Heat, Quippers beat the Mavericks, Thunder beat the Pelicans, and the.
Speaker 2: Bucks beat the Pacers. Now.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you've seen the fight over the weekend, Ryan Garcia beat Devin Haney three knockdowns. But even though he lost, he does not get the belt, correct, he didn't make waight, So yeah, Ryan Garcia.
Speaker 2: One. We have audio of Ryan Garcia talking after the fight, and this is what he said.
Speaker 10: I walked through the fire and still hold it down, and still beat Devin Haney, and still drink every day and still beat them, and I did everything.
Speaker 2: Hey, what happened?
Speaker 12: False reality?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 12: Drank every single night, went out on the first Monday and the Tuesday and drank and what happened. I wont not necessarily am I proud of that, but I'm just saying this. It was a statement to show you you guys can't really me.
Speaker 11: That's right, I do whatever I want.
Speaker 2: I still went.
Speaker 6: The man did not drink and smoke every night. You don't drink and smoke every night and do what he did on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations again to Ryan Garcia.
Speaker 9: Now Columbia University is switching too remote learning today, as pro Palestinian demonstrations into the sixth day, over one hundred people have been arrested, already breaking news.
Speaker 23: Who are now learning All classes at Columbia University are virtual today. I'm mid security concerns on campus and just as Jewish students prepare to celebrate Passover.
Speaker 24: Meanwhile, pro Palestinian supporters who took over the school's lawn put their tents back up over the weekend as they continue to protest. CDSUS Elijah Westbrook line for Morning Side Heights with the very latest on campus, Elijah.
Speaker 18: Well, that update, Chris and Mary coming in the form of a rather lengthy statement from the university's president that we just got our hands on. I do want to read you part of it that says to de escalate the tension and give us all the chance to consider the next steps. I am announcing that all classes will be held virtually on Monday. The university's president also said that she wants to sit down, talk, even argue, and find ways to compromise on solutions.
Speaker 2: I wonder how all of this is going to impact the election in November.
Speaker 6: Like all these young college students who don't believe in Biden right now because of his handling of the Israel Palestine situation. I wonder if they're going to really, you know, stay home in November in protest.
Speaker 2: That's a good question because they feel like he's not showing enough for them.
Speaker 6: Well, Donald Trump wouldn't do anything different. Yeah, it will probably actually be worse.
Speaker 2: So what are you going to do?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they even said they had the highest security to walk some students around campus, like when they want to go to.
Speaker 2: The cafeteria, et cetera, et cetera. So it's definitely pretty bad there.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 9: Lastly, the House passes a new bill to aid Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan and this saying there's a TikTok band. They're trying to make the Tiktec parent company actually tick tell it as I said, TikTok TikTok, to actually sell TikTok.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace, TikTok.
Speaker 23: This morning time could soon be up for TikTok as we know it.
Speaker 2: The clock would begin ticking when Congress passes the bill.
Speaker 23: A bill passing the House overnight that would give byte d Dance one year to divest from TikTok before app stores start blocking access. It's just slightly different from the TikTok bill which passed the House last month and was never taken up in the Senate.
Speaker 2: It would be very sad if it went away.
Speaker 23: If the law is signed by Dance would have a year to find a US buyer.
Speaker 9: Very few people have the money to be able to do this, So I would say the big names that would come to mind that could afford to buy a TikTok would be all the big tech companies.
Speaker 2: But it might be buying by banning it at the end of the year.
Speaker 6: Well, TikTok's on the clock. Well where's dr Number five? And the Trump trial gonna get our news? She says, she got our news from TikTok and Google.
Speaker 2: Well, she has the Breakfast Club as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: She says she listens to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: She said she listens to the Breakfast Club, an inspirational podcast.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean she's getting her news from us. She just said she listens to the whey she's gonna get her news.
Speaker 9: I don't know, Well, maybe she'll start getting it from us. Well, good morning to her, because she should be heading to court this morning right now. She has to be at caught I believe at eight thirty eight MS, so maybe she'll be listening.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, Jordan number five, Good morning, and I'm sure one of the big tech companies, oh, Bia, TikTok, Mark Zuckerberg, somebody o by it and real quick.
Speaker 7: Did y'all hear about the Nigerian chess champion to day on a choir he played a sixty hours and times square sixty hours really yeah, like didn't get up three days. He been at a chess champion.
Speaker 2: Over just people's ass. Can't one dude a twenty hours yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He just played person really really big.
Speaker 8: Yeah, three days straight, didn't get up none of that. I mean, of course they I don't know, sixty hours straight. That's what we played in Times Square US.
Speaker 9: Yeah, right right around. A lot of is front page news all right. Now, when we come back, comedian Little Rail will be joining us. He has a new flick that's coming out. It's out actually right now. It's called We've Grown Now, and we're gonna talk to Little Rel when we come back, So don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 9: Club, Good morning everybody. It's DJ n V Jesse Larius Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, we got a little round whatever.
Speaker 2: Welcome back now you feeling that we're good? This is the last my little press run, so I can't wait to go home. Well you look good, brother, Thank you. I appreciate it absolutely.
Speaker 8: See what's about We've Grown Now in this movie?
Speaker 1: Thank yeah, Because you know, people don't have nothing to promote, souve if you see me on promoting, I just want to talk. We've Grown Now is a beautiful, beautiful movie. And I'm not even just saying it like this is one of my favorite movies I've done. I mean, I've loved a lot of this stuff done, but since get Out, this one has been like the most powerful one I've done in a long time. And the two young men that's starting in this movie I made. It's a love letter to the Kabrini Green residents and just to Chicago in general, and like it humanizes all those families, not just in Caprini Green, but just projects in general all over the country because you know how to make people, you know, looking at projects over the years, you know, And so man, this movie does a good job of just showing how beautiful community and family.
Speaker 2: It's really dope. So it's shot in Chicago. Shot it was shot in Chicago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I love that you from Chicago too, So did you get any of that nostalgia, like just.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I remember nineteen ninety two when I was like, because that's where the movie takes place.
Speaker 2: You was born in ninety two? Yeah, man, you yeah, man, like, yeah, I'm old borne two. That's the second Bulls Championship, that's what he was in. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 1: It was interesting because even I've been going to all the screenings and I'm still watching it and it's like I can remember when like when then Cheril Davis got killed. That's when Chicago got real and we started seeing a lot more of those young people get murdered from the straight bullets and the gang violence. And I remember that kind of being the first summer for me. Well, my parents had to be like, hey, you got it. You can't go hear no more. You have to be careful because and we had to, like we had to grow up way too fast just because of that. What made you stay away from more a lot grow my dad, you know what I mean, Like me having a father like my dad was like one of it's only maybe like two dads in our neighborhood. And when everybody started, it's just this is real, taugh. And that's why like watching movies kind of like eerie a little bit, because you can remember, like when all of us went from being kids to like everybody started to kind of join gangs and stuff, and we didn't do.
Speaker 2: That because of my dad.
Speaker 1: And it was tough because you lost Like when you see this movie it's about friendship, but I can remember, damn, that was the last time we.
Speaker 2: Was just like kids. And then it got real for everybody. We lose friends, you lose family members.
Speaker 1: That it's crazy looking at ninety two and we're twenty twenty four. Ever, you remember like even that year it was like stop the violence and it was very and nothing changed.
Speaker 2: It actually got worse.
Speaker 1: And that's like even when you think about I think about the kids and young people I went to school with that's not here no more because of choices we all made maybe around that time.
Speaker 2: To be quite honest with you.
Speaker 6: What's the biggest misconception about Chicago in particular, Like those hood and those projects.
Speaker 1: I just think we forget that it is families in there. You know, even in the movie they play a clip from an old news story. Mayor Daily's talking about Cabrini Green and they're talking about it like it's a war zone, as if it's not people living in those you know, those projects, and then you forget how messed up to Chicago Housing Authority was, like they the ones that dropped the ball, like they wouldn't fix the stuff because when the projects first was built and it's actually about to be a National Housing Authority museum. My family is one of the feature families because they was in the Jane Adams projects. I actually just did the voiceover for like when you go to the apartment. They redid it. Well, my mom grew up with her sisters and a brother. And you know, I'm doing the voiceover, so you walk in as made me describing it was very emotional doing too. But it was they came in there with hope to live in the the projects were new. It was a project, which is supposed to be something that is a project that we hope works. Yes, and I think we forget that is what that was. And then at some point, especially when it just became majority of you know, black families in there, they stopped caring. They didn't fix anything, like even seeing the we were getting on the elevators and this is broke, Like, you know, it's people now who still living the price New York still got that projects up and some of those elevators.
Speaker 2: Still don't work. Who yeah, all under the shafts. Yeah, I was gonna ask.
Speaker 9: You know, growing up, even though it was the projects, even though it was the hood, it made you who you are, right, It made you be able to see things a lot different than a lot of other people would. Now what you having kids, of course they're not going to have that lifestyle, but not necessarily the project and the hood lifestyle.
Speaker 2: But the being able to see everything, does that concern you at all? Nah? You know it's funny.
Speaker 1: I was I watched you all the time, and I saw Ares on here and he was talking about like Jordan Peel and those guys. And it's interesting that like when you hear like cats, be like, oh, yeah, I can tell they're not from the hood whatever whatever, But like our kids now nothing like that, And so I hopefully we get away from just like what we say, what black is because to be honest with you, even if we if they grew up in the valley, because I mean I live in the valley now, and I mean I can say.
Speaker 2: This on here, I guess.
Speaker 1: But like my career recently got broken into like twice, and it's crazy for me because I'm like, man, the hood, nobody broke in nobody house. They broke in your car, maybe took a bike from the bag, but nobody came to your crib. And like being you think things are better because you in this nicer area. It's you got the gates up and all that, and I'm like, no, it's burglary more of a target. And I reacted differently. I'm from the West of a Chicago but you know, you still call the police. But like I like turned into like a ninja, Like I'm like, come while I'm here, you know what I mean, Like we gonna fight to the death because it's just something about somebody coming in your space. It's a different and it blew my mind cause I'm like, damn, it's so disrespectful. Like even though the hood was the hood, you just never it was if somebody broke in somebody house, everybody knew it and we all jumped on them, right, you know what I mean, Like somebody woke somebody up up, you just broke the house, get up, and everybody came out there, like let's what they asked from breaking to somebody else somebody's house.
Speaker 2: Did you catch you broke with your house in the valley?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: You know it's a you know that's a thing. There's a ring. Yes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Even when you look at the footage, which is why like once again, you know, being not I don't want to say, you know, some hood, but it's like I'm not nervous. I'm more or less irritated by it because I'm seeing how they.
Speaker 2: Moved where were you. Where were you when they did it?
Speaker 18: Were you?
Speaker 2: Was that at a screen? And yeah, so I.
Speaker 1: Guess, man, I've been trying to you know, it's it's it's trying to figure out what because once agains the second time. The first time they did it, same house, same career, Jesus, and it was it's been in a four months, man. And the first time they got in because I left the balcony, but I got like, you know, everything's gated off, so I didn't think, like you gotta be. But then I look at the footage and watching these young dudes climb over a gate, and I'm like, damn. But the second time they broke they broke the window in one of my rooms.
Speaker 9: And long and they always say with the police in California, it takes him a long time to get.
Speaker 1: To it's funny and I don't give it, damn what they say. It was like fifty cops to show up and they couldn't catch this one. They they flashed light in the house. He was coming down the stairs. Oh so they caught him in the house.
Speaker 2: They didn't catch him.
Speaker 1: I don't know how It's fifty out and you don't catch this dude And then they had a meeting after words because I was still at the screen for we were on Now.
Speaker 2: Did they see him run out or not?
Speaker 1: They saw they like they flashed it light, he ran out, the glass he broke. He went back into the media room, ran out, and I got like a big yard and stuff.
Speaker 2: But like y'all got a helicopter. So I'm like, so, ain't nobody seeing he's a professional professor. Fifty copsse.
Speaker 6: I know somebody who got their house broken into, and they said the person came off the roof. They said they literally heard the thump and they looked and the person was just on the balcony, so they had to jump.
Speaker 1: When you look at the footage, I'm gonna tell you something. Pants are sagging. It's like, come on, man, okay, all right, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Like I'm not saying I want to be That's what I'm saying. I looked at this stuff and like the first time, they only took some Jordan's just because my assistant showed up right away because we you know, I didn't know anybody.
Speaker 2: I just know my alarm was going on.
Speaker 1: I just told her to go check at the house and you know your your hood spotty senses go out. Because she came in. The refrigerator was open, it wasn't beeping. I was like, why the refrigerator not beeping? If I left it over you got food? No, because they was using it for the life and they had They was in there hiding, and so I told her to get out the house, Like, yo, you gotta leave a house because they're still in there.
Speaker 2: Soldo, when the police asked you to describe the person, they didn't ask me. They didn't. They didn't, they didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't look at all this stuff till I looked at my own footage and I looked at the cameras and stuff. But they, I mean, it was what they saw when they flashed the light and they had all black, the mask. He was moving kind of fast hand sagging, pants sagging and a book bag.
Speaker 2: Damn all. We got more with Little Reil when we come back. Don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is dj n V Jesse Larry Charlomage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with comedian Little Reil Charlamagne.
Speaker 6: What introduced me being black famous and white famous, because I'm feel like you've experienced both.
Speaker 2: Well, well not really.
Speaker 1: I mean, the only I say the difference is you if you white famous, you could just do what you want, even if you're just a white comedian.
Speaker 2: I was telling somebody I saw a clip of Will Ferrell.
Speaker 1: Doing Beyonce, like literally doing what I'm just thinking, you're crawling, and ain't nobody.
Speaker 2: Going like, see he's so you see what he's doing because he acted like a woman.
Speaker 1: That's why they don't ever say that. They don't bring up missus doubtfire, they don't do none of that stuff.
Speaker 2: They just do what the hell they want to. They could just act at anything they want to.
Speaker 1: And I feel bad for black actors and artists because you have to be you almost have to be careful because you just don't want somebody saying, oh, that's why you did that and did this. And I'm like, damn for white white actors, you know, you could just do whatever you want to.
Speaker 2: They free that.
Speaker 7: We had Bill Burn up here, Love Bill, Yeah, I love him too. He was up here and he was saying he used to bomb like all the time, and that shocked me. That shocked me because I love him. He's one of my favorite like people to watch like on like Netflix or whatever. He said he used to bomb all the time, was that.
Speaker 8: Did you ever everybody? I mean, if you if you say everybody because not me, well.
Speaker 2: Just you, ain't you? You know, Oh this is interesting. I can say it's it's not arrested, but just you. It's not what we go.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad thing because it goes back to this this point I've been making a lot lately. It's like I grinded the way I did so you wouldn't have to do a lot of the same stuff we had to do. Those Chiplin circuit hold no all spots with the game still being on and you're gonna bum because they're not. They don't care that you're doing a comedy show. They came in there to watch the Bulls game and we happen to be doing a comedy show. Or I mean this stuff like where it's literally whole the all crazy spots. You've been able to kind of walk into this where it's like, yo, you got your audience already. You know, you already have a fan base. When nobody knows who you are and you start like the person in it don't know who you is. It's that's the toughest thing in the world to make those people laugh, and it's a different grind, So you don't I believe, like I look at like somebody like me and other comics that you know came up with me like that's one of the doors we open. And I mean, which is to my point also when like when people were saying, like, hey, I hate that the veteran comics that talked about our group and people under them about what they think they've done, and I'm like, well, your nose and the stuff you went through made it easier for me.
Speaker 2: Why you don't take that credit? And so for you, yeah, you haven't.
Speaker 1: You have to experience that because you don't have to do the same extremely tough rooms. But there was rooms that other comedians made hard on purpose, so you wouldn't do well. Those aren't even exist.
Speaker 6: The both for it, like what that's like the Chocolate Sundays and all that time you remember a little all that Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Jack, what's the day thriller with the mirror Tuesday? Tuesday?
Speaker 1: I forgot what it was called? If you killed and that I remember, like I've been sure I was sweating profusely. But I worked so hard to get them last. But I ain't get booed off. You don't even know if you did good. As long as they ain't blew you off, you was happy. And they made that room tough on purpose. They'll make your intro weird, all types of so. But guess what, those rooms rooms existed all across the country, and it made you a better comic, you know what I'm saying. So I mean that those things don't exist like that, no more so it's not but knock on wood about knock bumming, don't don't say that.
Speaker 9: I was gonna ask you about Gerraw Carmichael, right, you know, it was talking about Dave Dave Chappelle's comedy. We were saying that, you know, comics shouldn't be talking about other comics bits or what they like and what they don't like, because nine times out of ten, I'm sure they have a bit that people don't like.
Speaker 6: So I don't think comic should say something is offensive because you can easily offend as a comic too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean I believe that's why Gerard apologized too. I mean, like we can all have all personal takes on, you know, different things that comics. I don't comment on nobody jokes. Sometimes I do want to. You know, when we start calling people the gold and stuff, oh when they call themselves to go, I think it's categories that make that happen. A lot of people still talk about Eddie. I think Eddie's a grace of all time. But then you got some people that's done more specials in him, like well, he hasn't done enough specials to be goddad, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: He don't need to.
Speaker 6: You got raw and delirious, I mean god, and he did that under twenty two, so why would he He don't have to do a bunch of ain got to you got to do a bunch of specials.
Speaker 2: He don't have to.
Speaker 1: Like Eddie, Burpley has been one of the most famous people we've ever Like, my kids know who he is based off him being donkey to me, that's dope. Where your career has done all these different He's actually showed us how to be a superstar in comedy.
Speaker 2: He was our first real rock star.
Speaker 1: But what I mean even with that, like Dave, I think you me and Jerd talked to best this A couple of times, it's just like you just want to see Dave go a little more personal. I was joking with somebody reasons. I'm like that he never he never did a bit about how he got swore. He just went from skinny to swore. We never heard Dave Chappelle tell us no reason because you want to hear his comedic Jeni Zone, why did you become skinny to swore?
Speaker 18: Why?
Speaker 2: It's like it happened overnight too.
Speaker 6: Seen him for a while, but I guess when I hear people say that, I'm like his last special, he talk about his wife a lot, and he talked about it was the whole script Club.
Speaker 1: Thing and yeah, but he's always been and I love day, but he's always been good at like, which is so weird when he you know, he was at the you know, when he had decided to say something about Kat talking about people, and I'm like, and I saw him out and we both was talking about it's.
Speaker 2: Like, man, man, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, well, I mean you started too, you know, like the whole dress conversation really happens because you really Yeah, I think people forget he's the one that did the interview with everybody's like, you know, something pales right.
Speaker 2: Oh that was over?
Speaker 1: Was it over?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: And so that kicked off all that and so like I think sometimes we just be reckless with what we say.
Speaker 1: I just think we have to be careful about it. And then that's why it's so funny. It's like all these comics say, like black comics are just so interested to me, man like, and then we don't do it on stage, you know, we wait till we do the interviews.
Speaker 2: To have the deep conversations, and it's like you ain't just make a joke about it.
Speaker 6: But that's what I like about comedians though. Some of the best conversations, especially here on birth.
Speaker 2: Comedians canna be deep and then they can go on stage and be super funny. I think that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you need to need a balance of both, because, like I think, our job is to make things funny. I mean, that was one of the things I love about Chris Rock when he made he used to make some of the most political things so funny. I mean, you can look at his last special, like I could always tell him like, and I love Chris, but that was the first time I was like, dang, he really he's not comfortable. Like if he would have opened up with the slap out of be like, oh he's over it, but he didn't. Yeah, and then he started venting.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, probably because it was live, so you got to save the slap the hold.
Speaker 1: On nah if you I think, if you're smart, you do that first so you can get back to what you know is the nswers of your standard. Little Elsea is Chris Rock is not smart. That's gonna be that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just said it up. I don't know. I don't tone it out of It's like fifteen Rock brothers like don't come to the Bronx should have led with it. I could tell he wasn't, which is why I wish you have took his time.
Speaker 1: Maybe he wasn't ready necessary. I think he felt like he was pushed to talk about it, but.
Speaker 2: All they should have been live. Me neither. I don't like to like, I don't I like going to see comedians. I want to do it live though.
Speaker 1: I think I could do it, yeah, because I mean most of my special has been the first show, so cat doing it. Yeah, it's gonna be so interesting seventeen. Yeah, it's gonna be you know. I don't know if I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Watch you get tired of he and him call you ugly. He don't talk about me, No, mom uh, what was your problem with I don't have a problem with him at all. He's he had a problem. He had to do what I had to do. It was just weird. I didn't have no. I don't have any problem with Cat.
Speaker 1: He just had a I think he like he hate dark skinned because he always got some weird to say about dark comedians. You don't say nothing about the other mother, like the black mothers ugly one last you had never kiss a girl, lott around cause you're ugly, Uncle Drew.
Speaker 2: They made he was.
Speaker 13: You laugh.
Speaker 1: But Cat will I always tell people if Kanye sounded like Cat with a president, explain because Cat has a good way of He could deliver a bullet so believable. No, but but we all just look at him. We're like, Cat makes it funny. So it's entertaining even if you think it's a fact. Like everybody took even a half the stuff that catch in the interview, and a lot of that stuff was lies, but it was still like, damn, that's but you regular people at Homeland see I knew it. See, because you could put in your contract that if you want somebody with you ain't gonna ask the back end points. You're gonna say specifically, I won't rick and smile even on tenth on the call sheet to.
Speaker 2: Why would you believe that people like see, I knew it.
Speaker 6: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: You cannot negotiate nothing like that. You can barely ask for like stuff in your trailer. You ask for another but they don't know. Man, you can't.
Speaker 5: They don't know you.
Speaker 2: See what happened that they have on a dress? Yes, he did.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 9: On hold, we got more with comedian Little ree When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club, Good morning telling everybody is DJ Envy, Jesse la is Chello, me and the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Little Reil.
Speaker 6: And I want to go back to talking about the rail show with you and Jessic because I remember giving you props because yeah, like jess was doing her thing as a stand up social media.
Speaker 2: But to give her that opportunity, it wasn't that we gave it to her.
Speaker 1: She had heard that she had the best self tape they got ever, Sam and she talked to herself.
Speaker 2: This was so weird about it. It was nobody reading from the other side.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't hear another voice, but she was reacting to this ghost voice in a way.
Speaker 2: When me and Girab was said, They're like, this is brilliant. It was such a good ass self tape.
Speaker 13: Like I was.
Speaker 1: We was almost in shock how good it was. And so it was it was easy for us to be like, oh, yeah, it has to be Jess.
Speaker 2: What would you do different about that's to come? It was on forward a season A season.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I don't think I would do anything differently about the show. I think the way I did things, you know, I was talking about this recently because I could be honest about the therapy made me really understand how like how much I put on myself.
Speaker 2: I was very stressed out doing that show.
Speaker 1: And it's because I was trying to make something impossible in a way where you're trying to please all these black people around the country.
Speaker 2: You want to make everybody happy in Chicago. Maybe it was too much. You said black just now, bro, not because.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I said it like that, because it's like it's impossible to do that, right, It's impossible to please. You have to do whatever, but you think it's honest about your voice and what that is. And I was all in my standup. I've never like geared like this is towards this audience. I did whatever I thought was funny. I think with that, I was just trying to make sure, like yo, I gotta do this for us and our people and this and that and so No, it was just some things I could have did better, even just as a leader and things like that. But it was nothing bad. It's just I could do a lot of things better. But I've been doing that. I've been analyzing everything I'm doing from this point. Like when you become number one on the call sheet, it's just a whole different respect, reponsibility, just even the energy you bring on set. It's a big you know, you just don't think about all this. But I was thrown into the fire. Talking to a therapist made me break everything down a little different, and I replaced myself different now because I'm like, oh, I don't have to like it's no rush.
Speaker 2: Relax and you engaged now to congratulations? Yeah? Man, I mean I with my rings she wear hoods if with mind and you can get to her a renaissance. Yeah, that was sound was crazy? Was it planned or was it?
Speaker 10: Was it?
Speaker 1: How did it happen for people that don't know? It wasn't planning planning. I actually saw this is funny. I bought the ring that Saturday, called her dad called the kids. Hit Miss Tina up because I wanted to know which song I should proposed to. I was like, she got all them house songs, like all them songs, too fast to do a proposal cat break myself. Yeah on top man, but that's yeah. But I didn't know what she was thinking. I thought she was only doing all the renaissance stuff. And so you know, Miss Tina told me love on Top, and it was funny. We went to a wedding that Sunday and she didn't know I was proposing. I about the ring at the mall. This was so last mall.
Speaker 2: So we were shopping. Yeah, I went to tip it was a Tiffany store.
Speaker 1: They'd be ready to hit it, buddy, buddy, No, I got I got it at Tiffany's Company at the mall. But we were shopping for the wedding we was going to. And then I stopped it. I looked at the store like, no, walked down. Let me see your engagement rings.
Speaker 2: He showed it to me. I was like, give me that one. He was like, yo, you don't want Like, bro, I gotta gun. He was like that was the fashiest cell level. You don't know how much it is, Like no, I just need it and much was it?
Speaker 1: Nobody telling me my house got broken, which is weird. They took the wedding band. I just bow, Oh my god, I just bought the wedding bandam found it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I thought I hit it good. I guess I didn't, but yeah, he took the wedding band. I gotta get another one. I'm like, damn, did I get the receipt was in the bag. He probably just took the bag. I'm so stupid.
Speaker 1: I really should have took it out the bag at all times, like literally, the receipt, everything that was, no it was it was hidden in the first of all.
Speaker 2: I want these back of my house.
Speaker 13: I'm not.
Speaker 1: They took anything you could take. Yeah, it's like I really can y'all hear me, Hey, don't take if you if you try to take something, that's gonna be heavy and I'm gonna catch your ass.
Speaker 2: They cleaned you out. That good. Not that good. But they took out a jewelry was there, So yeah, you need a dog, bro, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I did, you got you That's what I needed them. I'm scared of dogs. I don't want to have a dog.
Speaker 2: I'm scared of my dog with me. But we got Tiffany.
Speaker 1: I went to Tiffany, they got the ring and uh, you know, went to the wedding on Sundays. It was tough for me not to say because people kept bringing it in. It's gonna happen, I'm like. And then you know, went to the concert for her birthday because it was her birthday weekend. The kids almost messed up. They was way too excited about I was going to a concert, like yoya got it, chill and U. She's like, I wondering why they was so helpful and yeah we did it that. I almost messed it up because I went to the bathroom and on top came on while I was paying. I remember yelling. I was like ah, I was like okay, brother.
Speaker 2: I was like I'm good you ok brother, h washing my hands.
Speaker 1: I ran out and I couldn't find the seat because you know, be moving, I like, you make people moving. I left them and so I had to step I had to walk back out retrace my steps.
Speaker 2: I was like, all that. I was sitting over there.
Speaker 1: Found there was a camera man standing there shaking his sweating because he wanted to put us on camera.
Speaker 2: That up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I proposed and it was beautiful and she was ready to go. I was like, uh, no, I bought these tickets. This wasn't free.
Speaker 2: I actually bought my tickets and uh, but it was just a beautiful moment. She was so happy and she and she did the whole black girl you know they walk away do this thing. You want any proposed to be waving the eyes? Uh and yeah, she said yes, and it was. It was beautiful and it's fun.
Speaker 1: We've been and people keep saying when the date is, but we've really been playing in the marriage, like when and that's easy. We can do that, Like I want to make sure everything's in order by the time we get into that plashing all that.
Speaker 6: That's a great perspective. I'm not playing for the wedding, I'm playing for the marriage. Yeah, found on that a little bit. What is the preparing for the marriage.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, you know, we're talking about you combined and finances. We have seven kids between us, so we need to make sure it's the right home we have. You know, everything has to be in order, and even just us and communicating. Yeah, I love talking to her every day. Like it's even when I'm on the road. I'm on traveling. We stay on the phone till we fall asleep still and we talk about everything. You know, sometimes we don't agree on a lot of but we talk it out. And I love that.
Speaker 2: I love how deep I conversation. I just told it the other day. We was having one of our crazy deep ass conversation. I said, you know what, something, That's what I love about it. You so smart. I love having these deep ass that I can't have with nobody else. Laurel. I'm happy, man, Absolutely, you look after you sound happiness. The movie is out right now. We grown now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 9: Little real it's the breakfast Club, Good morning morning, when the breakfast Club morning, Jess?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 10: Did she?
Speaker 9: Little Uzie performing over the weekend and he forgot his person ran back to grabiness burden.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, no last thing I saw was him duckwalking doing the Vulgan situation.
Speaker 2: That was a weekend, that was two weeks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this weekend he was performing. I guess he forgot his burking upstairs. And no, but let's get the jest with the mess.
Speaker 11: You use real weathers, just robbing Moore.
Speaker 21: Just don't do no lines, don't.
Speaker 4: Do that talk nobody talk the world Whiy jests worldwide mess.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club. She's the coach of ship.
Speaker 21: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that.
Speaker 2: Nobody could get you to see this time to set it.
Speaker 7: Off, so the beef between Chris Brown and Quabo turn it's rap beef. Chris Brown released a response to Quavo's record Tender Vos Chris Brown on Tender after Chris took shots to him on the song Freak and this new record we could link Chris ate his ass.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it just is what it is now.
Speaker 7: In the beginning of the song, he's playing an actual voice note, like a voice message that Quevo left him in the past.
Speaker 3: Thank Chris.
Speaker 5: I don't want to know, bro, I don't want to know moves.
Speaker 2: I don't want fighting, and I don't want to do nothing.
Speaker 7: Brou I was gonna say that we know that, well, we can only the same it's Cuavo until it comes out that it's Ai. So also, it's funny how he was talking about the whole Sweetie bar, so we know that. Well, we didn't know that he had it was the speculations that he was messing with Quevo's ex Sweetie, but we all know that he was. Quavo was hitting Carucci or whatever you know after that beef. But he had something to say about the sweety bar.
Speaker 2: So that's cool. I don't give because I tell X you were still with uploading well because we believed everything.
Speaker 7: Chris Burn curse a lot and this is the radio bleep it out, but he was basically saying that you was messing with Carucci after me, So that was my ex, but I was messing with her while she was your girlfriend, messing with Sweedy.
Speaker 2: How do you know what sweedy? Though he said it, he said her name. Yeah, he actually said her name a couple of times.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 7: And then also on the Chris Brown, I mean on the song he was talking about the fashion Week, remember when they was sitting next to each other, which I think was marketing, like somebody obviously did that.
Speaker 2: They could have went really bad, and I.
Speaker 7: Think they were banking on that. They didn't care about the rest that they were taking. But he said something about it, you know, went.
Speaker 25: Bad, your music trash. They set me next to your laying mass. I was truly mad. I kept thinking if I was breaking your place, but I gave you a pass, she left the eye and want to fuck the money up? Boy, I would have broke you in half.
Speaker 6: That's what makes me feel like christ and Quabo could not have that serious of an issue, because if you can sit next to someone at a fashion show and be on your best behavior, you don't really have an issue.
Speaker 2: Because there are a few people on this planet that I don't rock with. And if you tell me I'm somewhere and I got to sit next to him, I'm leaving. I'm not gonna sit next to him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but what he said is he wasn't gonna mess with the money. And maybe they just did the fashion show that fifty was on a plane with each other and they sat right next to you plane.
Speaker 2: That's different. Still, they didn't one of them want to get banned forever from from being on a plane, stabbing shootings, It don't matter.
Speaker 6: I know people right now that I know for a fact, you wouldn't sit next to I'm dumb, though you're not dumb.
Speaker 2: I'm stupid. That's not dumb. I'm stupid though you really got an issue. That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: When I.
Speaker 2: Got an issue. You can't sit next to next to somebody if you really got an issue. I'm just stupid. Though.
Speaker 9: I can't hold myself back. I wish I had the you know, to calm and meditate, to say, hmm, I can't though, just what it is?
Speaker 7: Well, every the the main bar that everybody is in. They little feelings over is when he was talking about recipes to take off.
Speaker 25: Tell me that I'm tending trying to prove what you to say, Pete take off?
Speaker 11: He only rail one that got you respect.
Speaker 25: Crazy how when he died everybody really wished it was you a stick?
Speaker 2: Who is everybody? Who's who? Who is everybody?
Speaker 7: There was a lot of people in the comments talking about it. It was other rappers talking about it as well.
Speaker 2: That there.
Speaker 7: That the beef started because of Quavo. That was what was being said allegedly, But that's not what he said though he said that, well, yeah, but it was fans. Everybody's saying like it could have been not I mean when you say everybody, you're including everybody. But a lot of people was saying what Chris Brown said, and he was just recalling what other people were saying.
Speaker 2: He didn't wish death on on Quavo, but that's a little too touchy mane.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when he when he fasted, people people saying that that, you know, that hit, the shooting didn't have wasn't because of him, and and people were saying it shouldn't have been him that passed.
Speaker 2: He had nothing to do with it. Yeah, I remember that. Nobody said it should have been Quavo.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean you didn't, but a lot of people did. And some fans was worried about this beef. They were saying, Drake and Kendrick beef is funny, but we should probably get the minister fera con the sit down with Chris Brown and Quevo.
Speaker 6: They're probably right, yeah, because he starts when you start throwing balls around like the takeoff bar. Now you're taking to someplace else. M So yes, they probably should have somebody mediate that situation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Drake and Kendrick is this is another comment, Draken Kendrick is just banter. For the love of hip hop, No way Quibo and Chris Brown can be in the same vicinity after this, and the fact that he had talked about I know right in the fact that they talked about Sweetie. Sweetie had tweeted too, she said, let me go rewrite these niney verses. So I think that may have been a song or something she was talking about, but apparently she made responds to I really don't think she should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we don't need that.
Speaker 7: But if you're mentioning my name like you know, and because in the song he say Chris Brown, say no when I was sleeping with Shorty, she gave me some tea.
Speaker 2: But I ain't.
Speaker 8: I ain't gonna talk about that. I don't want to talk about that. But I guess she's about to have to clear it up before something come out, because it's.
Speaker 2: Very hard to battle people when women are involved.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because that's why I think even Drake always win, is because everybody be Pillow talking.
Speaker 9: All these girls were just giving up all of secrets. Can we just talked about how Chris Brown killed it though he really did, he killed that.
Speaker 2: He killed it. He very much, he killed it.
Speaker 7: I mean, straight shots ain't gotta figure out nothing. I mean, I think the thing is like with Drake. Drake be saying stuff some almost stuff we don't really know about, you know, so it's like kind of hard to like like it for me. But like Chris Brown, we got a straight shooter like that. Even when Quebo said them Cuevo went straight at it. It's easy to understand understand. It's like, you know, I like beef like that. Jill Scott heard it, and she showed support for Chris Brown, I know, like she she woke up and she was like, Chris Brown is amazing. How does anybody sing like that, dance, look, act and rap like that? Beyond gifted? It appears exceptional people have to go through exceptional there's nothing to debate. So social media is social media people. They jumped on her and they criticized her for supporting him because of his past, which they always do, but Jill stuck beside him, and she was basically saying that her mother's ex husband, he was an abusive guy, like he did cruel things to him and all that, but he was still a really good Carpenter whatever, like he laid foundation better than anyone in the city.
Speaker 2: Two things can be true.
Speaker 7: At one time, Chris could do what he did and still be talented, and people had doubled down on her. And then she had also got into like that people need to use forgiveness. Like she said, I caution those who refuse to forgive because they will undoubtedly need forgiveness at some point in their lives.
Speaker 2: And Jill Scott is absolutely one hundred percent correct and everything that she said, Yeah, okay, yeah, and yes she can celebrate that man for his art and say, yeah, get that man some grace, you know, because you're gonna need it one day too.
Speaker 8: Yep, she was right, and that's just what the moss for the second hour.
Speaker 6: Thank you Jess Charlamagne who giving that down two man full after the hour. We need Shadonah ration that heard to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word with her. Okay, there are ways to initiate, three ways. I don't know how it needed. She we'll discuss, all right, we'll.
Speaker 2: Get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Day damn he hogged.
Speaker 2: It's time the donkey of the jack, I mean, trying to be donkey today. No more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 7: Days called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard. Damned Charlamagne, who got the donkey of.
Speaker 11: The day today?
Speaker 6: Wow, jess Hilary's donkey today for Monday, April twenty second, goes the Shadonna ration that her she is from Louisiana and she's horny.
Speaker 2: Look man, being horny of the natural part of life. Okay, lust is a real thing.
Speaker 6: It's an emotion that's just as real ast happiness, sadness, anger. It's just a strong sexual desire for another person. But this woman, Shadona, didn't just have strong sexual desire for one person. No, no, no, no no, This chick one of the two for one because she was arrested after forcing her way into her male neighbor home because she was trying to have a threesome with the victim because he was a victim and his girlfriend. Yes, Shadona said, the third wheel is what makes it a tricycle.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 6: She wanted to order a three being salad from the menu. She wanted to post on social media. Just had an FMF which is a female male female threesome. Okay, can I please tell you the story? See police were dispatched to an eleven fifteen pm harassment at an apartment complex in Monroe, Louisiana. A patrolman was told by the man that a pun answering a knock at his door, an unknown neighbor forced her way into.
Speaker 2: The residence the woman. The victim, because he was a victim, said.
Speaker 6: That the woman began trying to have sexual activities with him and his girlfriend. They call women like this unicorns because apparently they are hard to find. A woman who's down to get down with a male female couple is supposedly rare, hard to find, and everybody wants one, hence why they are called unicorns.
Speaker 2: I don't believe this to be true. I don't think they are rare at all.
Speaker 6: I just feel like society shamed you into flying your freak flag at half mass, and because of that, people like Shadonna are willing to take penitentiary chances to get that triple G. No, I'm not talking about the boxer. I'm talking about good giving and game, because that's what makes for a fantastic threesome. You have to be good in bed okay giving to all partners involved in game for anything. All partners have to be triple g in a threesome. If not, it won't be worth it. Now, I don't know the proper way to initiate a three way okay, the whole dynamic duo plus one thing.
Speaker 2: I have zero clue on how to get that pop.
Speaker 6: And I feel like if a woman wants to have a three way with a couple, she should probably try to holler at the woman first, because I truly wonder how that works.
Speaker 2: Do you see one of them.
Speaker 6: And say, I want you know that individual, but I know that person won't cheat, so let me try to get both of them. Or do you find both of them attractive as a couple together and you say I want them both, so let me highlight at them both. If that's the case, I guess you've got to try to approach both of them, But you have to have some for nest with it. Shadonah wasn't using for nests. Donna was using force. Like I said, I don't know how to initiate a threesome. But I do know it shouldn't start with a home invasion, because that's what this was, and that's why Shirdonna has been charged with unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling, which is a felony, and several misdemeanors, including disturbing the peace, criminal.
Speaker 2: Damage, and resisting an officer.
Speaker 6: How dare you resist an officer because people were resisting you, You should have done to that officer what you wanted this couple to do to you, and that submit and give you what you wanted. The moral of the story here is you will never have to force anything that's truly meant to be, especially a threesome.
Speaker 2: Please give Shadana ration. That heard the biggest he hull.
Speaker 5: M m m.
Speaker 2: How she looked funny?
Speaker 6: You should ask backsize funny funny, funny funny you should ask you would have called the police to Oh.
Speaker 8: My god, she is not even that, I mean, she like the medium medium, not even that she big.
Speaker 2: It ain't even her build. Yeah, look at them she's a little cosmetically Yeah, okay, Now you think if she looked better, think he would have called the police.
Speaker 6: They would have probably considered it a little bit more. It might have been a little conversation. It might have been attained, you know, bring on some more dervs or something.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe they could have talked about poetdrink or something. Yeah, like you know, but that one, it was like something to think about, you know. Yeah, alright, well, thank you for that donkey of the day.
Speaker 9: Yes, and now let's hop it up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you're just joining us. During Just with the Mess, we were talking about Chris Brown and Quavo.
Speaker 2: They beef.
Speaker 9: Chris Brown just released the disrecord, but we were asking if the beef was that serious. Could they actually be sitting next to each other at a fashion show in Paris?
Speaker 2: That's what I said. No, like, this beef can't be that serious.
Speaker 6: If you can sit next to your op, if you can be seated next to your op, it's not that serious.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 6: Probably can have a conversation and squash whatever it is, because there's certain people on this planet. I'm not ever sitting next to Nope, And if I got to sit next to him, I'm leaving. I don't have to be at this FASTI show this back.
Speaker 2: But what if like, but what if the beef escalated after music?
Speaker 7: Like you know what I'm saying, because when they because Chris obviously is sensitive when somebody say something about him. Quavo, his boss, wasn't as serious as Chris. Chris is uh tender, I mean weakest link, Like he's like straight shooting. And even what he said about the first bar that he threw at Quaevo, it wasn't necessarious.
Speaker 2: It just seemed like it got serious.
Speaker 9: But they were gonna fight each other, manber they were going to fight each other in a lady when the parking lot they were gonna fight.
Speaker 2: They had to be broken up. Really, yeah, I missed all that.
Speaker 9: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, can you keep your composure with somebody you don't like?
Speaker 2: That is the question. I haven't got myself there.
Speaker 9: I need more therapy, I need med I can I can't even you know, because if I see you, we have to have a discussion in Yeah, but.
Speaker 6: It depends on what level of don't like we talking about. Yeah, there's levels of don't like. There's levels of person. Yeah, there's levels of people I can just ignore and mom my business whatever, but then there's levels of I might want to put hands on this person.
Speaker 9: Right, let's discuss eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Can you keep your composure with somebody you don't like?
Speaker 2: Let's discuss. Call us up right now.
Speaker 9: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's topic time eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion.
Speaker 2: With the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Chelamine the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about something that comes out of the Chris Brown and Quavo conversation and story. If you had to sit next to somebody, could you keep your post it?
Speaker 2: That is the question. Eight hundred five eight five five one. Let's so what you just no, no, like.
Speaker 7: It depends on the intensity of the beef, honestly, like and what the person did to me, because some people know I have to put my hands on some people. It's like, all right, don't say nothing to me. I can say here or whatever front row of a fashion show. But it depends, it depends on, Yeah, like the level of beef we.
Speaker 2: On, Yeah, it's the same. You know, it just depends on the level.
Speaker 6: But if I really got an issue with you, no, I'm not sitting next to you. Yeah, and you know, there's no fashion show or amount of money that's gonna make me do that.
Speaker 2: I would rather just be like, I'll leave. I'm cool. I don't got to be here, So I don't feel like you know, I don't. I don't know. But if if Kristian Quabo were able to sit next to each.
Speaker 6: Other in Paris and be on their best behavior, they don't really got an issue with each other. Yeah, they really don't got to problem, nothing that can't be resolved. I don't know about now, yeah, but back then they definitely didn't.
Speaker 7: How are the rules in Paris though, Like if you fight, you go to jail. But it's like it shouldn't matter on.
Speaker 2: Site, meet on site.
Speaker 6: If you got a real problem with somebody, it don't matter where y'all at, who y'all around.
Speaker 2: Y'all gonna get to it. If there's a real issue, clearly it's not no real issue. Yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 9: There's no way I can't sit next to somebody I don't like or somebody who said something I just it would hurt my It would hurt my stomach in chest. If I didn't ask you, talk to you, or we had to have a conversation right then and there, that would.
Speaker 6: Hurt my stomach. If we sat next to each other. I didn't say nothing then, but then I decided to go in the studio and make records. But on either side, whether it was Wuebo or Chris, if y'all sat next to each other and y'all kept it peaceful, no need to go in the studio and start throwing shots at each other, because y'all ain't had that same managy when y'all met up.
Speaker 2: Unless y'all was whispering to each other the whole time, well you looky, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If they was whispering each other the whole time, then that's different. But if they sat there and they didn't say nothing to each other, but then they both go in the studio and start making records, that's corny.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phone lines. Hello, who's this, Hey Michael? What's your thoughts? What you think?
Speaker 16: Well, if you want to ask me, a couple of years ago, I wasn't like, no, no way, this moment. But I actually got into a fight and got arrested just because I was, you know, so hot headed. And after you have so much to lose and you googled a lot, you realized some of these people not even work.
Speaker 2: That we did the woman beat you up? Tell the truth?
Speaker 16: Oh no, no, that's why I got arrested. She's calling to police.
Speaker 2: Oh so you did? You did her dirty?
Speaker 1: You know it was bad.
Speaker 16: I ain't even trying to It wasn't my proudest moment, but it was bad.
Speaker 2: Was it worth it?
Speaker 3: It was nice?
Speaker 16: I have a record now, like I have a really good job. This follows me. You know, she was living in low income houses, she had no job. I had way more to lose.
Speaker 2: Than she did, and she was a lower cut housing and couldn't fight. Couldn't that's crazy. Not everybody. I didn't need to learn.
Speaker 16: Good morning.
Speaker 9: So if you were, could you keep your composed if they put you next to somebody that.
Speaker 2: You didn't like.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, I've been next to a bunch of females that I really could have smacked it shut.
Speaker 13: But when it comes to the.
Speaker 16: Bag, that comes first.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I know it should come first, but sometimes your emotions take over and you're just like, nah, I can't just let this slide.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 16: But just like Chris, when you have an image to a poll, especially being a black female, a black male, it's certain things that you really just got to be professional about.
Speaker 6: Man, Chris image is hood. What are you talking about, Chris image? What do you mean Chris's image? We know Chris put hands on people? What you talk about? I guess saying Chris first, I think ker fuffle.
Speaker 2: I think that was a setup though.
Speaker 7: I just feel like they, like the marketing team just set them next to each other, see but hoping that that would happen, not even caring about the risk they was taking a messing up the fashion show or anything.
Speaker 9: But think about it like this, to let's say Chris was part of it, and say he's getting a couple of million for being there or whatever it may be. He sits down and then they sit him next to you. You know, at that point you're just like, all, let me just get this and get out of here. I want to cut I want to get these as to keep it moving.
Speaker 6: No, you should say you can tell the people, and you don't. You don't got to be the aggressive to be like, hey man, this guy got a problem with me. I'm a little scared. Could you not put us next to each other? Like like you gotta I'll let your people do it. You don't got to be the aggressor. You don't got to be like, yo, you don't put this dude next to me. I'mnna have to put his hands on him. You don't got to be the tough guy. You tell the people, Hey, this guy sitting next to me, you got a problem with me. I don't know what you may do to me.
Speaker 2: I can't sit next to him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people are perhaps I don't know what you talk about, but they understand that, correct.
Speaker 2: Did they know they was gonna sit next to each other and say like they knew? Now, I don't think they knew. I think they didn't know.
Speaker 9: I think they just put him there, right Jesus. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. Could you keep your composure if they put you next to somebody you didn't like.
Speaker 2: Let's discuss this the breakfast club in morning. If y'all talking about it, you know we talking. It's tough times. Called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion. You're with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Morning everybody. It's the j Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about Chris Brown and Quavo. They just released disrecords to each other. But we're talking about could you keep your composure if they put you next to somebody, if you're in the same room during fashion week they put Chris Brown right next to Quavo, Could you keep your composer?
Speaker 2: That is the question. Hello, who's this My name is Donna.
Speaker 13: I'm calling for the A seven.
Speaker 2: Five seven, talk to us. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 16: Good morning, Charlomay, DJ andv jes.
Speaker 17: Good money, y'all.
Speaker 13: So my thoughts is, Chris Brown did.
Speaker 6: The right thing.
Speaker 13: Why would you mess up the money? Why wouldn't you see that behave.
Speaker 17: Yourself and mess up the money.
Speaker 13: You already under so much scrutiny. They're gonna always have something negative to say about you.
Speaker 3: They're gonna always bring up your tag.
Speaker 13: So yeah, go sit down, act like you got some sense, get the bag they carry on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not mad at it, but like I said, that lets me know him in Quavo at.
Speaker 6: The time didn't really have that much of an issue because if you could, like I said, if you can sit next to a person and get the money, it's something y'all can have a conversation about.
Speaker 2: The resolve it. Hello, who's this Veronica? Hey Veronica, good morning.
Speaker 9: We're talking about could you keep your composure if they put you next to somebody you didn't like?
Speaker 2: Hell no, no, not at all. Hell no, not at all, even if the money was involved.
Speaker 13: Oh, it depinds.
Speaker 2: Depends on the amount of money.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but don't I don't see it.
Speaker 2: Where are you from Alabama? Okay? Okay, okay, when the last time you got into a fight?
Speaker 16: I got in a situation in a few months though, but a fight maybe a few years?
Speaker 2: Okay? How old are you? And you need to grow up?
Speaker 9: We're part of Alabama. We're part of Alabama. I tell you, Okay, shout to Alabama State. I was just out there a couple of days ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, is that by you?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just trying to get it out of crazy. You can hear the crazy in her, boy, absolutely, And at what age you shouldn't be fighting anymore? About forties? About that age because you tired after. I think I don't think should be fighting in your thirties. I don't think you should be fighting in your twenties.
Speaker 8: Man, honestly, I don't. I don't think you should fight in your thirties either.
Speaker 7: I think you should be leaving all to like mid twenties, lead it alone, like twenty five, you should be good.
Speaker 9: She was just about to fight, right, she was just about to play never mind, Hello, who's about to fight with your pregnant?
Speaker 11: Lf right bea?
Speaker 2: She was ready to get in pregnant, was like, what forget it? Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: Heyk, good morning.
Speaker 9: We're talking about keeping your composure. If they put you next to somebody you ain't.
Speaker 13: Like, yeah, I can keep my composed. I think as far as Christmas concern for his brand, he has to because he doesn't get much great. If he does something wrong, it's going to earn his brand like it did with Rihanna thing. And that was some years ago, and they.
Speaker 6: Keep talking about Chris Brown's brand. I ain't even talking about the Rihanna stuff.
Speaker 10: We know.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the guys that we know. Chris has gotten. The little kerk fuffles with here and there we talk about this brand. You don't heard so many thements from Drake the usher, Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 13: It's because every time he does something, they always take it back to Rihann. That's what I'm saying. Like for him, for his purpose, he has to be on his best behavior. It had been better if if they were sitting next to each other and quaver over the pop up, even if he would have defended himself that it would have been his reaction.
Speaker 6: Ever heard about Chris Brown and the ker fuffle with a guy and brought it back to Rihanna.
Speaker 2: That has never happened.
Speaker 13: Everything he does goes back to Rihanna.
Speaker 2: No, I don't agree with that. I just think when it had something to with another woman. Okay, well thank you mama. All right, you're so upset with your answer. The story that is the truth.
Speaker 6: And even when they like when they say, I guess he's talking about like when they allegedly pulled Chris Brown from things, they.
Speaker 2: Always they always lame it on. They always say it was because of the.
Speaker 6: Real absolutely, But when we hear about him getting into altercations, whether it was with Drake in the club here in New York or Usher allegedly wherever that was at, Like, was nobody ever said.
Speaker 2: See outher Rihanna like no, we just know Chris like to get that. What's the mole of the story. The more the stories, I don't know, Moller story is light skinned up to Drake and Chris Brown were up to to nothing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 6: To make the playoffs this year and for whatever reason, bags people took it the point in themselves to do something.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're up to nothing. Who you about to fight though, don't worried.
Speaker 8: About you know you're pregnant, I'm pregnant with a baby or no, I can't, we can't.
Speaker 2: We can't discuss it. All right, Well, we got just mess coming up.
Speaker 8: Marj Blige was inducked into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll talk about that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Morning everybody, c J N V Jess, Larry Charlamage, God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Got be Monday, man, back to the work week, and let's get to jest with the mess. You just Robber Moore, just don't do no line, don't do talk.
Speaker 6: The talk the world Why Jess Worldwide on the breakfast Clubs, He's the coaches.
Speaker 2: She was able to.
Speaker 21: Get y'all to see something and understand something.
Speaker 2: That nobody could get you to see that it's time to set it off.
Speaker 7: Halle Bailey opened up to her Snapchat followers about her experience with severe postpotum depression.
Speaker 26: I have severe, severe postpartum and I don't know if any new moms cmulate, but it's to the point where it's really bad. It's hard for me to be separated from my baby for more than thirty minutes at a time before I start to kind of freak out. The only thing that's been hard for me is feeling normal in my own body, Like it's like crazy. I feel like a completely different person when I look in the mirror, I just feel like I'm in a whole new body, Like I don't know who I am. Even though you may look up to certain people and you think that they're a celebrity and they appear to have it all together, you never know what somebody is going through.
Speaker 10: Is uh.
Speaker 2: The cure for a postpartum depression is just time? Is it something that, yeah, it's just time?
Speaker 8: Has no medication that you can take the you know what I'm saying, it's just it's just time.
Speaker 2: The post part. No, not with Ash, No, I didn't, I didn't.
Speaker 7: But what she was saying was the fact that d DG him being a good dad and being so available to help her all the time, that actually makes it easier for her to deal with her post her depression.
Speaker 9: Usually the other way though, right, Usually moms don't want to be with the baby. Because she was like, you know, she always wants to be with the baby. I I heard that, right, because you don't want to be with the baby, you know, dislike the baby.
Speaker 2: But I think it showed them a different way, having the anxiety and the worry. Yeah, she was always saying.
Speaker 7: She was also saying being a celebrity does not exclude you from human emotions, like they still go through things. And it also another thing she was saying, she don't like when people talk about her family like you know, on social media, and she had to take breaks from social media because it can get bad.
Speaker 2: We always talk about that up here.
Speaker 7: But she don't like people talk about her sister, her cousin like you know you and Chloe. She don't like people talk about Charla Mayne. Yeah, she says, I don't like people talk about my family, said people talk about you all the time, and she hated that never happened. Okay, so I'm just saying, all right, I mean he is what is she's looking out for you. I'm moving on to other news. DC Young Fly speaks on bbl's I sat down with Cam Newton and did Funky Friday and he opened up about his views on BBL since the passing of his mother.
Speaker 8: I mean the passing of the mother. I'm sorry of his kids.
Speaker 2: JACKI Yo.
Speaker 15: I get why women wants to enhance themselves, but fellas, we have to do more on just continuously telling our women that they're beautiful. We have to continuously tell them that they're gorgeous. Don't make your women feel like she has to go do something, even if you felt another chit like no no no no no no no. You just love want that's it. And women, listen to your man.
Speaker 2: Just listen.
Speaker 15: If you look at the women today, it's a lot of women who have bls.
Speaker 2: When you go outside, I'm constantly reminded, like they made it.
Speaker 15: They go another big boodle she made go in the club, made it so you just got to continue to go through the stages and understand.
Speaker 1: That it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, father fathers as well, the father's with their daughters as well.
Speaker 9: You gotta continually, you know, your positive affirmations, telling your daughter, you look she looks beautiful, that she looks amazing, she looks great, she's bright, she's talented, and hopefully they won't, you know, fall into that.
Speaker 6: I hope he's not beating himself up though, thinking of his fault because he may feel like he didn't say that.
Speaker 7: I feel like it's it's probably a mixture of feelings with that. And then also like how social media the comments are like, because a lot of people was saying that he may have said that because he felt guilty about some of the things that he said prior to her even getting her surgery. Like they had a show on YouTube and they had put together compilation videos. Other fans Jackie Old's fans have put together compilation videos of comments that he would say to her online or whatever before. But we have to understand we didn't know their relationship. And I know DC young Fly, he talks crab about himself, his kids, his mama, everybody. You know what I'm saying it's just jokes, and Jackie knew that. You know, their relationship, they played it played out right in front of us on YouTube. So it's always somebody that's gonna have something to say. But maybe he is dealing with that as well.
Speaker 6: He has a shame that DC has to process all of this in front of the world, right, you know, God bless God, blessed that brother.
Speaker 2: Always. Yeah, sending healing energy to him and the whole family as well of miss Jackieyo.
Speaker 7: Absolutely now congrats to marry Jay at Trip Call Quest for being in what that's two different people? My bead merging Blige and a trip Call Quest for being inwently twenty four Class of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 11: Y'all.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's dope, y'ap.
Speaker 7: Also cool in the Gang's also art of the twenty twenty four class, as other inductees share Ozzy Osbourne Foreigner.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is? You know who foreigner is? I do not, Okay.
Speaker 8: Dave Matthews and Peter Frampton they they were.
Speaker 2: Also inducted as well.
Speaker 7: Deon Warwick to Deon Warwick and Jimmy Buffett with the musical Excellence Awards.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll drop on the clues bombs from Marriage Drive. Yeah, I know them.
Speaker 6: And cool in the game, yeah it's and cool in the gang, but you know, it's it's I don't know. I always have mixed emotions about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame just because it's called the rock and Roll and I feel like, you know, it should be all encomencompassing of all genres of music.
Speaker 2: It should just be the music Hall of Fame, you know. And Mary J. Blige is an icon. She should have a statue in every freaking city if you ask me, you know, definitely, I'm glad.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that the rock and Roll of the Hall of Fame came to their census, you know, and and and acknowledge people who have to We should be acknowledged.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well.
Speaker 7: I grew up on Diane Warwick and well my mom they all loved her or whatever. But I really took to you Mergi blas absolute. Yes, I had to point that out today. That's just with the mess for the third hour.
Speaker 9: All right, thank you, Jess. Now I'm next to the People's Choice Mixed get your question now.
Speaker 6: I do want to say something, but slew to everybody in Atlanta. We are on ninety six point one de beat. Now all right, okay, y'all don't have to keep tagging saying why y'all not on one oh five point three to one oh five point three?
Speaker 2: Who are these white people? Ninety six point one? It's where we are ninety six.
Speaker 6: So if you're listening to us on ninety six point one, tell a friend, tell that friend to tell a friend. And we'll be in Atlanta this weekend for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening at a Pullman Yards this Saturday. That's right, all right, so go get your tickets. If you haven't already, VIP's already sold out. You waited too long, But some general admission is still left, so go to event bright dot com at Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the Breakfast Club mixes.
Speaker 9: Next everybody at dj n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamaane, Nick Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. I want to salute to the Jack and Jill Queen's chapter. I was out at their gala over the weekend and then the Barrister ball out in Detroit where all the black attorneys come together. They've been doing this for I think over sixty years, and it's like a it's just like a dope event. Everybody's dressed up, everybody looks flies. Over three thousand people. I got a chance to DJ that over the weekend. So salute to them and thank you for having me. I had a great time in Detroit. What I've don't now you have to fight this weekend?
Speaker 2: Yes, getting people put out?
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 2: Just got to the fight at seven thirty and the fight didn't start.
Speaker 8: The man nobody that that was my first it's my first live fight.
Speaker 2: But I did her fault though, I mean, the when did the undercars start?
Speaker 8: They started at eight thirty, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not her fault.
Speaker 6: It's actually I don't understand why fights were starting at twelve thirty.
Speaker 9: Yeah, cool, but think about it, what did just do from seven thirty to twelve thirty? Just can't drink, just can't smoke, So you just have to sit there and just put people out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And I and I was looking at Tyson like a Tyson neck, you know, Mike Tyson neck.
Speaker 2: I was talking to Chris.
Speaker 7: I was trying to find you know, some of the producers that came out to you know, making my round speaking to people, because you know, people.
Speaker 2: Were like just with the mess in the building. I was, you know, on my phone, I was playing Frogger Car. It wasn't under call. Yeah, I don't know why that mad have been who fought on the undercard so it was I don't know, but it was some really really good fights. I don't know any of them, but it was some.
Speaker 7: It was some really good fights. I just got mad because the reps kept calling the fights. I you know, I didn't know if I was supposed to be mad at that or not. But this was my first real fight, like not the Buckley.
Speaker 2: I told you that. I'm glad, you know what.
Speaker 9: That's why people got experienced things for theirselfs right, that's it, because it was different from being a performer at the buck at the buck Clays just sitting in that right.
Speaker 2: And I was like, no, not again, getting little hood every once in a while.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she said, yeah, all right, well, and also salute to a little Ralph for Jordan Us as well.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: His new movie We've Grown Now is in theaters everywhere. I guess it's in thetas everywhere, in theatas everywhere.
Speaker 9: That's smooth little roll, all right, when we come back, we got the positive notes, so don't move us to breakfast slug Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast clubs. Time to get ab out of here, Charlamon, you got some positivity for the people.
Speaker 6: Just why you ain't with your comedy on Happy Birthday, Sherry Shepard.
Speaker 8: That is not my comedy Onny baby birthday.
Speaker 2: Sorry, don't say don't. It's not my comedy on hell, Happy birthday, Happy Birthday, Sherry, And listen.
Speaker 6: I want to tell y'all again, make sure you go get your tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening Saturday, this Saturday, actually in Atlanta. Okay, Wallowing Gilly gonna be on that stage. Jess Hilarious, Horrible Decisions, Paul Minds Podcast, Debbie Brown, Will Lucas, got a whole bunch of panels and all types of good stuff.
Speaker 2: So we'll see you Saturday.
Speaker 6: Man a bit Bright dot com our Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: There's still some general admission tickets left, so we'll see you this Saturday. Yes, now the positive notice simply this.
Speaker 6: The biggest turn off is when people overpromise and underdeliver, because you really could have just.
Speaker 2: Shut the f up.
Speaker 8: Oh I love that when you got that from me. No oh, okay, breakfast club, y'all finished
Speaker 11: Or y'all done