Speaker 1: Someday will be two together before today?
Speaker 2: Is everybody's Zach? Do you have on air turned off? But I do?
Speaker 1: Daniel, thank you for my weekly reminder.
Speaker 2: It is all no problem. And does everybody have their windows closed? My windows were closed.
Speaker 1: Although I thought the bird chirping was a nice touch, but my doors.
Speaker 3: In my backyard, I can't. I can't help it.
Speaker 1: It's Daniel, as the executive producer of the show. I don't mind a little bird chirping.
Speaker 3: It's my back it's my backyard. So I have a We built a waterfall, right, and an ecosystem has started to blossom. And said waterfall, said water with all, even with the windows closed.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, let's roll, Daniel, I'm rolling as Donald. Are you rolling?
Speaker 3: I am as fifty five seconds into the podcast, Daniel.
Speaker 1: I've he got ten point nine megabytes of content for you.
Speaker 2: Daniel, that's a lot of megabites. I'm stoked.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Hello, listeners, Welcome to the program. This is a Scrubs rewatch podcast.
Speaker 3: We are with Sack and Donald.
Speaker 1: We are quickly running out episodes, quickly running out of episodes. But don't you worry. We have a whole new plan for you had a big meeting about it, had a very big meeting, Daniel. You weren't there.
Speaker 2: I was not there. You were right about that.
Speaker 1: I guess you don't come to big meetings about the future of the show.
Speaker 2: I trust Joel as the as the iHeart representing executive producer of the show. I know that Joel. Joel was so glorious in this meeting. It went really well.
Speaker 3: Joel, how did you feel about the Star Wars corner.
Speaker 4: I'm with Zach that that sounds like a different show. And no, I love you and talk to you about Star Wars. That's a dream of mine. I don't That's all I need every week, teen minutes to make a show that you can do ad sales.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't sell a five minute show, Donald, you can.
Speaker 3: Sell a fifteen So fifteen minutes it's all we need.
Speaker 1: We have this out because I think we should just clear the air here. Donald, if you don't mind, in the spirit of just honesty, you feel like doing a separate Star Wars show, You don't have the bandwidth or space and time to do it.
Speaker 3: Not even a little bit, especially if you're you're busy man.
Speaker 5: You got young kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you kids, I've got other jobs that.
Speaker 2: He has a TV show on NBC.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not on NBC right now. It's on Peacock. That's where you can find it. So isn't it?
Speaker 2: Isn't it? Sometimes on NBC?
Speaker 3: It is on NBC when the season hopefully is renewed if the.
Speaker 1: Show, When do you find out if the show is renewed?
Speaker 2: Donald? It's Donald, right, it is.
Speaker 1: When do you find out if?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: With a cue correct, Okay, when do.
Speaker 1: You find out if the show is renewed?
Speaker 2: Donald?
Speaker 1: How will that go down?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you, Zach, I don't know, to be honest with you, I a ballpark. I believe around upfronts, which is around Mother's Day. So within the next month.
Speaker 2: May tenth is Mother's Day, I believe something like that. So you're going to.
Speaker 1: Find out mid May if you have a very lucrative job, and then you might not.
Speaker 3: And then I might be unemployed. Like so, a lot of pressure are right now.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of pressures. This is the a lot of.
Speaker 3: Pressure on me and my status as the you know, breadwinner of the family. That's the first pressure. It's also a lot of pressure on NBC. NBC. I know I know you've got a lot of shows, You've got decisions to make, right, but we know what the right decision is, don't we.
Speaker 1: I thought the ratings were good with this show, right.
Speaker 3: The ratings are great with the show. But television ratings don't matter anymore. It's all about streaming ratings now, and so what we do? You know the the However, many people that watch television now the traditional way, that number has diminished so much that they look for, you know, what did the show do in thirty days instead of what did the show do that night?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: So what you're what you It isn't like you can say, hey, holy cow, look at the numbers we did, because the powers that be are looking at what the streaming numbers are.
Speaker 3: Right, and so you can have a showy days per show, though also per show, thirty per show.
Speaker 1: You could have a show that's doing very well in today's numbers, in its in its live slot, but still not get picked up because it isn't performing well on the streaming.
Speaker 3: Plot, in the streaming side of things, because that's where everything has to live now.
Speaker 2: So that's tough.
Speaker 1: That's you're living in a bit of a limbo state until you find out.
Speaker 3: Until you find out. Yes, that's what, that's what. That's that's But the great thing of about network television is they still do long seried seasons, you know what I mean. So there's still like twenty two episode seasons on network television streaming it's ten, eight, six, sometimes three.
Speaker 2: Oh. I love listening to you, count, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean. I'm going backwards.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no, I see, I'm following in the.
Speaker 3: Diamonds cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool. Well, you know what I mean, Like one shows picked up Count.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope for your sake, you seem to money aside, you seem to really enjoy the show. So for your sake, I hope I really.
Speaker 3: Do enjoy working with Michae O'Malley and John Cryer and Abigail Spencer. I like going to work, and I like being myself in front of the crew, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I like, Well, you're also such a performer, and the benefit for you of doing a multi camon from an audience is that you get the feedback and the laughter and the joy from the audience, which I think is probably very good for your mental health.
Speaker 3: Absolutely so, NBC do it for me and my mental health.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yes, make your decisions. This isn't crazy that somewhere one one person is just going to look at a spreadsheet and be like no, no, and then all those people, all those job out of a job. Or in the case of this Coyote, what's the Wily Coyote movie that got canceled? It's like all of those people, but so much work into that movie, so many years, so many so much blood, sweat and tears. And someone looked at a spreadsheet and said, you know, if we just never released it and took a tax right off, we could, we could, we could recoup a lot of money. And just I imagine one or two people were like, all right, do that. It's just so amazing. And I know in all business, I'm sure, but in Hollywood, how how many huge decisions that affect so many people are made in that way.
Speaker 3: What's crazy is that it's still art, you know what I mean, and people are betting on art before it's even put out, you know what I mean, Before it's even before the art is even viewed by the public, it's already being it's already being sold and or deemed unworthy. Of being art. You know what I mean. This isn't real art, you know what I mean? Like, but this shit is all art, regardless of what you make, regardless of what. If you've got a story to tell, everyone has a story to tell, and if you're brave enough to put it on some type of recording and release it to the masses, dude, that's art, you know what I mean? And who is anyone to stifle it? That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there's so much money involved, so you do have to understand the capitalism at all. It's just in some of these cases, it's so sad when you think of basically, artists are in Hollywood are stocks, and it's just how it's so fascinating when you zoom out and think of us all being traded up and down like stock. Yeah, your show is a stock.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: The Wiley Coyote movie is a stock, and they and they buy and trade and sell it. That's how the town works. Yeah, well, I hope you get what you want.
Speaker 2: Donald Faon so too.
Speaker 3: Life is life, and it is what it is, and.
Speaker 1: You'll always find another job. You're very funny and listen. One thing I can say for sure is that talented people work. Sometimes they have more work, sometimes they have less work. But if you're talented and you're kind, you will find work. And I think you're talented and kind.
Speaker 3: Oh you know some people might disagree. I'm sure, but.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't think there's anyone that wouldn't say.
Speaker 3: I accept and receive it from you. Yo. Can I just say one thing?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's your show. You can say whatever you want.
Speaker 3: I want to switch subjects real quick.
Speaker 2: Okay, is it about Star last week?
Speaker 3: No, it's not about Star Wars either.
Speaker 1: We were on a call audience, a big, big call with like ten people from my heart, and I want to Dave Don. Donald brought up Donald brought up Star Wars no less than five times in a half hour zoom call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we were talking about future guests, and Donald's main request was Dave Filoni. If anyone listening, if anyone listening knows Dave Feloni, he's no, he likes you. Listen of all our listeners, many of whom are in Hollywood. If you have any connection to Dave Filoni, Joelle, what's the email address? Or you can slide into Joel Monique's DMS on Instagram.
Speaker 5: I will not see your dms on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't read the dms.
Speaker 4: Okay, very private, Please don't say me things, but you can't. Email us at scrubs, iHeart at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: And Grubsiheart at gmail dot com. We're gonna wait, wait, Donald, calm down. We do have professional means of reaching out to Dave Filoni to make Donald's dreams come true. For those of you who don't know, Dave Filoni is the head of Lucasfilms who decides all this Star Wars stuff that is so important to Donald.
Speaker 3: But I'm just a creative over there all.
Speaker 1: I'm just I don't mean to minimize his contributions to the Star Wars universe.
Speaker 3: Donal, you don't have to roll your eyes either when you say it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that we are going to try the professional means of reaching Dave Filoni. But in case anyone listening is like Dave Feloni's best friend, please help us out for don Anyway, what were you going to say before I took a sea I.
Speaker 3: Have discovered so last week I was talking about how there's nothing to watch, Yes, so I revisited what done part.
Speaker 2: One, Oh Dune part one.
Speaker 3: And well I always loved it. Yeah, great, and now the sequel is just dropped, and did you want just ish?
Speaker 2: But yes, did you watch it?
Speaker 3: I've watched it twice already.
Speaker 2: You watched the sequel twice already. Okay, good, we finally found some content that you like.
Speaker 3: That's Charlemaye is one fucking Charles Salamy young man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Charlemagne, Charlemaye Charona, however you say his name, Charlem May. I was like, I honestly thought that might be a character in the movie. And I was like, oh no, that Tim shallow May you like you some shallow man.
Speaker 3: He's one charming young man. He's how many times have you watched it? Daniel?
Speaker 2: Just the one time?
Speaker 3: But it was have you seen okay, I've seen you. Guys know how I refuse to go to the movies now.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we know, we know all the reasons.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wish I would have saw this one in the theaters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you do that right alone.
Speaker 3: My god, holy shit, he said this was a movie for the theaters.
Speaker 5: Take it down.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad. Most importantly, I'm glad you found some content that you that you like. Donald That's that's what I like to see.
Speaker 2: I like to see you.
Speaker 1: You love art, you love sci fi.
Speaker 3: This is really good sci fi too. This ain't no bullshit sci fi. This is like the mother of all sci This is I mean, other than two thousand and one A Space Odyssey. Uh, this is the mother. This is the This is the one that Lucas, This is the one that everybody has bitten off of. This is the one that everybody is biting off of. Holy cow, dude, holy cow wow.
Speaker 1: I want you to just if I could back up for a second, I want you to think that there is a lot of other content out there that you might consume that would make you as excited as this. I want you to be open to the possibility of watching more good things.
Speaker 3: But I can watch this and see where everybody, you know what I mean, even in the old one as well. I can watch this and see where everybody's getting their ideas from. You know what I mean, and why certain things are so important and you know what I mean, Like this is it's the store every every hero's journey. It seems like this is it. You can see all the tropes, all the tropes are there, but this has done very well. So shout out to Charlemaye for shut up, shut up. Shout out Challow May for carrying this movie and doing a very good job.
Speaker 2: Same thing with Zindeya and our beloved Florence Pugh Donald.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, she's not really in this one that much, don't you know what I mean? Yeah, but she's not in it that much, man, you know what I mean? I know the next one, she's definitely.
Speaker 2: The next one.
Speaker 1: I think the next one is where she gets a lot more to do. Yeah, And I think it's pretty clear there's going to be a next one.
Speaker 3: I just announced the next one. I think. I don't know that they did, did they?
Speaker 1: Well, the movie made nine trillion dollars. I'm not going to make a next one.
Speaker 2: I know that is at least the plan. It's a three parter.
Speaker 3: I haven't felt this way about a movie or a trilogy in a very long time. I hope they stick the landing. Please stick the landing, you know what I mean. I think the last time I felt this way was Avengers in Game.
Speaker 1: Well, he's pretty he's he has said he wants to make a third one. He just needs a break from the world of done for a bit you den Villanov French Canadian right talented people as a whole? Should we get into the Scrubs? Donald, Why don't you count us in like you do so beautifully.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna wait for the plane to.
Speaker 1: Go by, really, because some of our listeners don't want to wait for the plane to go by.
Speaker 2: Wait for it, Wait for it, wait for it.
Speaker 3: Hold five, six, seven?
Speaker 2: Stories?
Speaker 3: You're not sure we made about a bunch of dogs and nurses, said.
Speaker 6: He's the stories net.
Speaker 3: So gather here, yead here.
Speaker 1: This is the first episode of Scrubs that I'm not in in any way. Now I've been not been in an episode or two before, but I think even my name was on as a credit. I think this was the first time I was only on as executive producer. I thought I did six episodes, but I guess I only did five.
Speaker 3: There's one more episode. You come back and you and Elliott are about to have a baby moon or some shit like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's it.
Speaker 2: They must have delayed it.
Speaker 1: They must have shot it and delayed it because I thought that I knew I had done six and this is number five. Sorry, this is number six.
Speaker 3: With the three there's only one episode this whole season with the three of us.
Speaker 1: Well, audience, you know more than anything from listening to this podcast, that we like to go into each episode fresh. We don't like listening and watching from a place of having a specific point of view going into it. We like to clear our slate. We like to wipe our whiteboards fresh and clean as we take in a new episode, a new oh boy, and I would like to say, are you ready with that caveat? I would like to say, this is probably the worst episode of Scrub. It is a fucking mess. Was abysmal. Yes, Joelle, you're laughing your thoughts, uh.
Speaker 4: I think when I was watching, I was like, I feel like I like this a little bit more than last week's episode, which it was really difficult for me. I was like, this is a slog, but this one was to your point all over the place.
Speaker 3: It was just what the fuck? What? No idea?
Speaker 4: The whole cold storyline was just bananas?
Speaker 3: What about? How about the a storyline?
Speaker 5: Where did you hear Dad on the phone?
Speaker 3: Where? What the hell? What?
Speaker 2: What about?
Speaker 1: Can I just talk about? Like maybe the nator is how you say that word?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: The lowest point Nat, dear dear, nator.
Speaker 2: Look that up, Dannel, because I've heard it both ways.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've heard it, Dear, I've heard it, Nader, I've heard it Nadr. I've heard it.
Speaker 1: I've heard both, dear, Nat, and I want to say it right for the audience. I want them to think that I know an s a T word here.
Speaker 3: I've heard it nor, not her, noder, not her, not her, not her, not her.
Speaker 2: It's nader. Now it seems like it's nator in American English and nadir in British English.
Speaker 3: In my British accents.
Speaker 1: I'm interestingscribed to. Well, I'm an American Daniel, so I feel like I should say nator.
Speaker 3: I will say it to my British accents.
Speaker 2: I think for you, Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 1: I think that our English fans will say that you nailed that, thank you. I think that the Nator of nine episodes of Scrubs, maybe Turk saying, I can't believe you get to see j D naked?
Speaker 3: I like that, Actually, well, why do you want to see me naked? That's never like he wants to fuck. No.
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude.
Speaker 1: The joke is that the joke of our whole relationship is that we're heterosexual men who are who are silly and flirty in a way, but we love each other. We're not We don't want to fuck each other. You don't not longing to see my cock? What the fuck is that?
Speaker 3: Why are you so offended?
Speaker 2: I just thought it was so stupid.
Speaker 3: You're so offended.
Speaker 2: You're literally earnestly man that.
Speaker 3: You long to see my cock? How come I co? How come turnkit long to see j d'scock?
Speaker 1: The character is not making a joke. He's earnestly sad and jealous that he's mad.
Speaker 3: No, he's mad that she has the privilege of seeing you naked when she doesn't even know how to do any of it. She doesn't know about eagling. She doesn't know what eagling is.
Speaker 1: You didn't think it was odd that Turk is longing to see JD naked?
Speaker 3: He I don't think. I don't think that's I don't think that's what he's really saying. I think he's saying, Yo, you're like him at all. There's nothing him about you. And you guys get and you get to bang, You guys get to have sex. This doesn't make sense. How does this make sense.
Speaker 1: I think it. I think it's really off and weird because the whole show was weird, the whole joke. But let me come on, I'm all worked up. The whole joke of our relationship, which audience has loved and we loved playing because it is really us, is that we are these kind of guys. You and I do stupid ship. You and I do do growing to groin, hug and laugh. We don't want to fuck each other. I don't want to sound talk. Why longing to see JD's cock?
Speaker 3: Not once, You've never wanted to be like, I wonder what it looks like.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's fine, it's cirzy and fine.
Speaker 3: What do we what are we doing?
Speaker 1: It looks like it might it looks it looks like it might hurt.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: This yo, this this show makes no sense. What's so?
Speaker 2: I mean, it makes sense, I guess, but it's just it's horrible. Does again? I went up before we going there?
Speaker 3: Dad? In the morning, Dad, I just had.
Speaker 1: Sex and then hold them later while she's fucking cold doing it.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's got me Doggystown Dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is on ABC.
Speaker 3: By the way, on ABC.
Speaker 2: This was trash.
Speaker 1: And again, before we go into details, I want to no disrespect to the creative people behind it. I know they were doing their best. The actors are all lovely, the writers are all funny people.
Speaker 3: I was not lovely. I was trash.
Speaker 1: This just doesn't work. And Donald was very broad. But that's not your mind into that horrible Yeah.
Speaker 2: You are so bad been away along.
Speaker 3: I am very you have been away a long time. This motherfucker man straight.
Speaker 1: By the way, Dan, I need that as a sound bite on my sound machine. Donald's oh yeah, Donald's line reading from his Campbell's soup commercial.
Speaker 2: No, it's not Campbell's folders. Folders a best part of waking off. Damn, oh, jessy ya.
Speaker 1: Two things I need for the soundboard are I need the song Ocula you totally dissed me on Yeah, I mean, I feel like iHeart pays you decently well and you should deliver the goods. You're right, I'm I'm just kidding, It's okay. And also I need Donald saying you have been away a long time, in away a long time.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So Lucy gets up at five thirty in the morning and she's overwhelmed her schedule, so she tells her.
Speaker 3: Dad that she had sex.
Speaker 1: She's she's trying to get all in. She has to call her dad at five thirty, and then she tells her dad that she's having her lady needs taken care of and that she's in the middle of a real sexual awakening. And then Cole wakes up and says, once you wake up the troops. She got a storm the beach regarding his morning wood.
Speaker 4: And then she's like, I do have time for that? I said, girl, what are you doing? Go to class?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: She really, I mean, one thing is for certain. Even though Dave Franco's character is the worst, she really does love having sex with him.
Speaker 3: Well, not only that, his jokes are starting to become charming now too, like by the end of the episode. By the end of the episode, I like his character the most out of everybody. He's the funny One's the one.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? I thought he was.
Speaker 1: I think he's the biggest douche in the world.
Speaker 3: He makes me laugh so hard at some of the things that he's saying about being stoned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were just because there was a weed joke. There was a weed joke.
Speaker 3: There's also there's also you know how okay balloons?
Speaker 2: What made those balloons go up?
Speaker 3: I think it was something like this thing.
Speaker 2: Is so stupid. I gotta say. I was just on a zoom call.
Speaker 1: The woman who was sign she was pitching me a show, and she was being really just gesticulate. It was out of a comedy sketch. She kept gesticulating, and then like in the middle of an important point, like there'd be fireworks because and then and then no, she didn't want them, Joelle. This was no one. No one knows how to turn this fucking thing off. So she was like making a pitch to me, and every time she was like making a point, there'd be fireworks, and I just had.
Speaker 2: To start laughing in her face. That's very funny, Daniel.
Speaker 1: We need to do a public service and tell people how to turn that off if they want.
Speaker 2: Well, it's you know, we can do it. And in fact, I'll insert it right here.
Speaker 1: And Daniel's going to tell you if you if you don't want to see that new what is it called?
Speaker 2: It's what is it? They're called reactions. They're part of the new mac os Sonoma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't want that on, Daniel's going to tell you how to turn off right now.
Speaker 2: Hey listeners, it's DJ Danel tired of those pesky hand gestures ruining your meeting, trying to make a serious point only to have it interrupted by fireworks. Sounds like you have the latest Apple operating system Sonoma, and need to turn off video Reaction, and I'm going to tell you how. First, enter your chosen video conferencing app as normal. Once your camera has turned on, you'll notice a green video icon in the top right of your menu bar, next to the day and time. Open the green video menu and click the icon next to the word reactions to deactivate it. If it's turned off, the icon will look gray instead of blue. And that's it. No more thumbs ups or hearthands embarrassing you when you're trying to ask your boss for a raise. Now back to the show, Thank you, Dan? All right? So what.
Speaker 1: Public dun.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the episode, I honestly think cole is I started laughing at his jokes midway through. I'm like, Okay, that's funny, that's funny. That's the actually the better joke of the show. That's the better joke.
Speaker 1: Well, Dave Franco is such a funny performer that I like him so much, but I also such a good actor that I was like, I fucking hate this character.
Speaker 2: He's the worst.
Speaker 3: But and he and once you get that that's who the character is, it became funny to me and I started laughing at some of the ship. He said like, once the whatever.
Speaker 5: Once you wake the troops.
Speaker 1: Once, once you wake up the troops, you gotta storm.
Speaker 3: The beach, meaning he needs time to fuck.
Speaker 1: He has quite a labido. Maybe you maybe you identify with him because he.
Speaker 3: Has quite well, that is his character, but I like the fact that you know there's something in there. Also, he wants to go hang out with a patient who's got some fucked up shit going on, and he's gonna shoot.
Speaker 2: The ship because the guy has weed. Because the guy has weed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but nobody's gonna hang out. Nobody's hanging out with the guy. The guys in the hospital for some terminal ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's just done there.
Speaker 1: No, he's got glaucoma and he's only going there because he has government weeds. We'll get there. You're jumping ahead. Uh, Turk is really Turk's storyline is that he's mourning Jay and then there's a New Orleans style funeral.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Carrie Bosche says he done gone design. Yeah, that was really fucking uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this whole show is really uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Now no, wait, now I have a question. What do you call that type of funeral other than a New Orleans style funeral?
Speaker 2: Is that what you call it?
Speaker 4: I want to say homegoming, but I think that's just it's a very black aspective, because a homegoming, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've only seen that in reference to it, like a New Orleans style funeral. That's what I That's how I picture it. It was a cool looking fantasy. By the way, they only used it for a split second. There's no fansy. I think that's the only fantasy in the whole show.
Speaker 4: New Orleans Tourism Board calls it a jazz funeral. Begets at a church or funeral home and leads the way to the cemetery more as you're joined by a brass band that plays music that starts off heavy and sad but soon turns celebratory.
Speaker 2: I think that's so cool.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's freaking awesome that I would love a parade.
Speaker 2: I love a parade.
Speaker 3: I love a parade.
Speaker 1: I think that a jazz funeral is fucking cool. I've never been to one.
Speaker 3: That would be an awesome way to go A celebration, A celebration, a parade.
Speaker 1: Well, I told you the John Redders story. I've always thought of that. In fact of I think I told you guys right when you hear the USC marching band, Yeah, the USC marching At the end of the memorial, the USC Marching Band came in because John Redder loved the USC and they played a whole band at full volume in this auditorium, and then it was so powerful And I actually put that in wish I was here, shot it, and then ended up not using it.
Speaker 2: But I don't know why. I wish I had because it was really cool.
Speaker 3: There's something really special about my culture. I remember seeing a movie when I was a kid. My mom loved it, and it was about this woman who was like the she was the nanny to this family, but her daughter was actually passing as a white girl, but she was black. Yeah, but every check the woman got, she would put a little bit away for her funeral. So at the end of the movie, when her funeral happens, it's this huge parade for this woman who I forget the name of the movie. And this is such a classic movie. The star of the movie won an Academy Award for it. I think she's the first black woman to ever win an Academy Award. I'm not, am I wrong?
Speaker 5: You're the first black woman to win an Academy Award.
Speaker 1: Was in.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: But wasn't she the person that played She might not be the person who played this character.
Speaker 4: Then are you saying she's the same woman but not for the ale.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I could be wrong. All I know is she puts the money away at the end of the It's an old movie. It's older than I am, and it's probably came out when my mother was very young, and she used to love watching that movie. That one and Mommy deris. I don't know why Mommy deris, but that one and Mommy deris, No why that movie? Imitation of Life, Imitation of Life, Imitation.
Speaker 4: Of life, Starrying hating McDonald, Yeah, it's I watched it in film school when I was through. I was like, I didn't know we were making movies like this.
Speaker 3: Back then, right back then. A girl who is literally passing.
Speaker 5: Nineteen thirty four is the original real estate.
Speaker 3: Passing in white America as a white woman. And she's really black, and her mother is like a nanny and all types of shit, and it's just a powerful I just remember at the end, she puts on this huge parade for her funeral. All the money that she put away for the funeral, and at the end that's this huge parade. Thought, that's a way to go. Man, Like, if you're going to go out, let everybody celebrate this ship I want.
Speaker 2: I want brass.
Speaker 3: Let everybody celebrate, don't just be. And I mean I I dread funerals. I hate crying saying goodbye. I want it to be if I want to. If I'm going to cry, yeah sure, But I want to celebrate your life. I don't want to freaking, you know, mourn that you're going, regardless of how you were taking or whatever. You know. I want to celebrate whoever. And I hope people want to celebrate me when.
Speaker 2: I'm going, you honor me. I'll play a trumpet myself, baby, at your funeral.
Speaker 3: I want you to play it out of your buttthole, though, I want you to take the trumpet, stick it in your button.
Speaker 2: Go, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: What would you like me to say?
Speaker 1: Would you like me to perform at your funeral? If you die before me?
Speaker 3: I die before you. I want you to do like something that something that you know when you were just up and coming, something that I want everybody to perform at my funeral. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: What do you want me to do? I want to start rehearsing in case you.
Speaker 3: Know, you got to fuck up. Do some type of monologue or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, something Maybe maybe I'll sing a Corner of the Sky from Pippin.
Speaker 3: I prefer you didn't sing.
Speaker 2: Oh you want me to sing?
Speaker 3: I prefer you. I prefer you.
Speaker 2: Oh you want me to do?
Speaker 1: Like an monologue from a play.
Speaker 3: Or something like that, something that touch Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm Zach Braff, I'm six foot tall, I'm with Cia, and I'll be performing a monologue from Glengarry, Glenn Ross, Shelley, the Machine, Levine Perfect. And then I go into go into like a ten minute monologue and I literally just give it all I got.
Speaker 3: I love it. That would be the best, That would be the best sinned off ever. All right, joking, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing awesome I think you're family and friends that that didn't know or listen to this podcast to be like, what the fuck is Zach doing? No, I think I have to say this was Donald Steer.
Speaker 3: You surprised how many people. I think you'd be surprised how many people would be like, I'm gonna I'm about to buy impromptu ship. Here we go. Motherfuckers come out.
Speaker 1: And if I like, what if I roasted you instead? If I did like A like.
Speaker 3: A, then you'd have to go on last.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, do we know who else is performing?
Speaker 3: Well? Definitely definitely new edition.
Speaker 1: Who do you want like if if if, if they're still alive, who do you want to perform?
Speaker 2: And assume you can get anyone?
Speaker 3: Assuming jay z.
Speaker 1: Z Okay, maybe he makes a rap specifically about your life.
Speaker 3: I want him to start from the beginning and go all the way to the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, start from Campbell, from the Campbell's.
Speaker 3: Folgers, motherfucker. That's the professional ship I want them to. I want him to start from the National Black Theater, right, take it from the National Black Theata all the way to death.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? Well, I'm going to put in a request for that.
Speaker 3: He's still alive.
Speaker 2: We don't know if he's going to still be alive, right.
Speaker 3: We don't know what it is. We don't know when it is. You don't you definite know.
Speaker 1: If it's soon, we could probably get Dion Warwick.
Speaker 3: And vere this way. That's what you can do, you Dion Warwick.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, that's what friends are for.
Speaker 3: And you can remember.
Speaker 1: I love that song all right, So if you if it's soon, I will sing, keep smiling.
Speaker 3: Smiling, keep shot shining, no, and you can always count on me. Show that's what friends are fuck, come on now, who else?
Speaker 2: Who else?
Speaker 3: I want you to get? The originals?
Speaker 1: Wdney's not alive.
Speaker 3: Wendy Houston is not an original on that.
Speaker 2: Who's the originals?
Speaker 3: It's Dion Warwick, It's Elton John Stevie Wonder and Gladys Knight where we came in opened me and now the song much small see and I.
Speaker 2: Thank you here.
Speaker 3: Well and the weather to come in from and so if you can remember remember, he goes, oh, and then keep smiling.
Speaker 1: Well I can keep together, man, I have a contact to get together.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: I can get all those people together?
Speaker 3: Awesome for my funeral?
Speaker 1: If I really could, I have a good connection to Elton.
Speaker 3: I can't die. I'd have to die soon, but that to happen though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how much import is. I don't know how important this is to you. But if you want it, you're gonna have to die sooner than later.
Speaker 3: If I love this, I'm gonna have to croak now.
Speaker 1: All right, on that note, we'll be right back. Just listen to this commercial. You're gonna love it. We have to return to talking about Scrubs now. Sarah Chalk is here. I guess the contractual thing for season nine was they didn't want to pay me and Sarah at the same time, so if I left, then they could pay Sarah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the contract I think that's what it was, because I'm getting money like that. Shit. Well, we can't keep we can't afford to both of y'all, So one of y'all motherfuckers gotta go.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I tapped out and Sarah tapped in.
Speaker 2: That's clear we what's happened. There's no explanation.
Speaker 1: There's no explanation as to why at all. I mean, even the young caster introducing themselves to her, they've never met her. No one's ever explained why she hasn't been there. Yeah, and she's very pregnant, really for real pregnant, not fake pregnant.
Speaker 3: Isn't this the first time? Also, so that the show is now opened with someone else doing.
Speaker 1: The yes, so Carrie Boshet in the title sequence puts the X ray now facing the right way into the light box. So there was some sad scrubs score. When Sarah Elliott tells you that I'm that I said that I miss you too? Did was like? And then Elliott refers to it as riding the eagle, which really upset you.
Speaker 3: It triggers him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would trigger you too.
Speaker 3: I think you don't ride the eagle, you eagle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Let's do the eagle. Let's eagle.
Speaker 2: It's just eag.
Speaker 1: Those of you out there who like to eagle your friends, make sure you're using that correctly. You don't ride the eagle, you eagle. It's a it's a verb. We learned that JD and Turk had a pillow fight club.
Speaker 3: You don't talk about that shit.
Speaker 1: You don't talk about it. Denise is so fucking nuts that she jokingly tells her boyfriend that she's late with her period and then it turns him on. He says that he vibes on crazy. Obviously, you or someone one of you guys pointed it out that they're so obviously meant to be. Yeah, Donald, you're the one who point out there so obviously meant to be Cox and Jordan, and I really see that now more than ever.
Speaker 3: Like it's like, oh, even when he stands next to Johnny C, even when he's standing next to Johnny C, he's like a I'm not gonna say a younger version, but he is almost a they almost look alike. Like this is the direction the show could have went, you know what I mean, and everybody would have said, oh, I see where they're going. I'm gonna be honest with you. I think my character is way too distracting. I think there are so many other stories they could have done other than me missing JD. Then sorry Turk missing JD. I feel like this is something that we did before where he goes to Disneyland, and you know, it just seems I mean, I get it. Everything it's supposed to be poetry. It all has to rhyme and shit like that. But that's a question.
Speaker 2: Joelle. Please, do you guys think the.
Speaker 4: Show would be better if Drew was the lead character and we were following his journey.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a good question. I think, Yes, I do, Actually, yes, I do.
Speaker 1: I think that I think this is this is not meant to.
Speaker 3: Be Conscious's no disrespect to Carrie, no disrespect to her character.
Speaker 1: No disrespect to Carrie. We've said a thousand times that Carrie is a phenomenal actress, and I do take full credit for discovering her. Okay, No, she's an extraordinary actress and so adorable and beautiful and a sweetheart of a human being. I wonder if we were asking too much of the audience. Not only were we switching the voiceover, but we were switching to the female perspective. I wonder if it would have been easier for them to invest again in a young male intern.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think it has to do with gender. I just don't think. I just think the character is the same character all over again.
Speaker 1: And all right, that's better said. You're right, it isn't just it's not perhaps it's not gender. It's it's going for the exact wide eyed, goofy person as opposed to trying a different angle. I also think that Drew just is stealing the show. To be honest, I think that he's the most grounded, the most real. I mean, it's a great lesson for actors, new actors out there. I mean, watch the difference between what we're all doing because we've leaned into all the jokes. And look at what Michael Mosley's doing. He's in a broad comedy, but he's playing it all straight and it really makes a difference. And that's what we used to do before we leaned into the turn on all these jokes. Now, granted, some of the script is doesn't help when Turk's longing to see JD's cock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just think Drew, like returning with somebody who was like I'm not sure I can do this and I already failed once is so much more compelling. Then I'm really excited to become a doctor. It's hard, which is sort of what Lucy's storyline is so far, Like I don't want That's what it started out. What the issue is where JD when he starts is like I really want to be a doctor. Oh my gosh, I'm going to have to confront a lot of difficulties. But it's not like, oh, it's hard to be a doctor. It's emotionally, I'm so vulnerable. Being a doctor is going to challenge that aspect of me. But we don't really see that so much with Lucy, and so yeah, I don't know. I'm very invested in Drew's character.
Speaker 1: We all so we were interns. These are med students, And that woman who spoke about the difference last week really put that in my head because yet again there's a scene where Lucy's being asked to start an IV in this episode, and we learned that a med student would never be doing that on a patient. So you know, there's also this difference the fact that we were we were interns, we were further along in our in our process.
Speaker 3: We were comparable at being we were capable, i should say, at being in a hospital and working around people who were in need.
Speaker 1: Of We were at the point in the in the journey where you're actually interacting with people.
Speaker 3: You can do this. Now, you're you're allowed.
Speaker 1: All right, Cole, this is what you were talking about earlier. He's going to go leave to hang out with a glaucoma patient because the guy clearly has legal weed. This is long before weed was as legal as it is now in California.
Speaker 3: But or in any weed is legal in New York.
Speaker 1: Bro I know, I'm just saying it's it's such a different era that they had to clearly stipulate that it was government weed for a glaucoma patient. And they're going to watch Benson, which for a lot of people, I'm sure they have no knowledge of what Benson is. But Donald and I are of the era where we watched Benson.
Speaker 7: That that that Robert Benson was that that that that.
Speaker 1: He was the right hand man for it to the governor, to the governor, and uh, the governor was kind of a goofy guy.
Speaker 3: Right governor. I forgot there was some dumb ass and Benson was the one who was really running the ship. Got it wasn't just running the he wasn't just running helping run the freaking whatever the state was. He was also helping run the house, like the White House and stuff like, I mean.
Speaker 2: Whatever, the governor's mansion.
Speaker 3: The governor's mansion. And that's where that joke comes from. Motherfucker. I ain't Benson. I ain't here to solve everybody's problems and.
Speaker 1: Ship and whose joke is that that's you.
Speaker 3: No, that's like I think it's like a Martin Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Or all I know is that when Donald and I checked into our loft that we rented that we've told you about in what what was probably two thousand, the summer of two thousand, Donald.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and one or two.
Speaker 1: There were two rooms and one was way better than the other. And Donald, well, you got there first, so you got Donald Jack did Donald Jack didn't. He's like, I'm not fucking standing in that room. I'm not Benson.
Speaker 3: So I slept. I slept in the hallway.
Speaker 1: Back outside my room, outside of his room, because the ship was so fucking it was so rustic.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the word. It was, so it's not.
Speaker 3: Where it was like that ship was like straight.
Speaker 1: First of all, it was an artist loft and the room. The place was giant's probably three thousand square feet. It was huge, but it hadn't been redone.
Speaker 3: It hadn't been like I've tried to sleep in there one night and it was the stuffiest room.
Speaker 2: And dryer were in there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, get stuff fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: So anyway, outside the room that I had chosen. There was like a you know, a day bed that was nice. It was like big and so Donald just slept there.
Speaker 3: I was like, fuck this.
Speaker 2: It was so funny though.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget that summer. Yeah, it's a great summer. That's one of my favorite summers of all time.
Speaker 1: So Turk is finally teaching. I guess he got JD's classroom because he's teaching, and there's a mix up with Lucy's slides. She she mixed up ones from a bachelorette.
Speaker 3: Her sister's bachelorette party were.
Speaker 1: She really goes nuts. She really get that party got wow. That was like that was like an above ground pool party.
Speaker 3: I hate to tell you this, man, but bachelorette parties, depending on who the bachelorette is, really the things go crazy. They get as crazy as bachelor parties. Man. Anything I say crazy, I mean sex, yes, and and.
Speaker 4: At least involvement potentially, Yeah, like freaking people lose their minds.
Speaker 3: Yo, dude, I don't know what it is about. It's my last night and then everybody else is like, well, then it's my last night too.
Speaker 1: You know, you hear the stereotype of men's bachelor parties getting crazy, and there's like women's are just like that too, and there's escorts or strippers. But I wonder what the real percentage of.
Speaker 3: As Shanning Tatum. You could ask Shanning Tatum with the real he made a freaking fortune off of Magic Mike a fortune.
Speaker 1: I've never seen those movies. Does he does he Works?
Speaker 3: I've never seen. I've never seen one of those movies. But it's about what are we doing.
Speaker 5: With our lives?
Speaker 4: These are classic American cinema.
Speaker 3: See magic like it's let's watch Magic mic.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is now going to be a Magic Mike Rewatch podcast, a.
Speaker 3: Magic like rewatch. Joe ellis happiest.
Speaker 5: I would love are hitting me?
Speaker 1: What percentage do you think of bacheloretts hook up on their bachelor rep party weekend?
Speaker 3: That's probably the same percentage, maybe even more than men.
Speaker 1: Don't they called a hen do a hen do in London?
Speaker 4: Look up with someone like fifteen maybe maybe less ten to five.
Speaker 3: No, I say it's I say it's the exact opposite. I say it's more than men, really more than I think it's five percent more than men.
Speaker 4: That's like when we have the marriage counselorn and she said women cheat more than men. I said, what is happening my perception of the world crazy.
Speaker 2: She knows, she knows. Well.
Speaker 1: All I know is if I ever get married, I hope that the bachelorette party slash hen do is something very tame. Like in Napa we went for a girl's weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where that should be happening. We went for a girls' weekend.
Speaker 2: No want.
Speaker 4: I used to live in Boystown in Chicago, and so we would see just troves of bridal parties, like getting drunk, and then they would wind up like groping the dudes. The dudes are like, I'm in Boystown, I'm not here for you. Leave me all loa, Like it's safe. It's not cheating because you're gay. It's like it's still a human you get just put your hands on what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can't just put my penis in your mouth and me be gay and say it's not cheating. That's the fuck out.
Speaker 4: Do you think that's what she was doing, because they were like there was a time where she's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean it rained with nine dollars. This is insanely she.
Speaker 1: Was She was I imploied, I inferred that she was blowing him.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. Yikes.
Speaker 1: And then and then Cocks put that picture on the wall and then she says, I made it rain.
Speaker 2: Move on.
Speaker 5: Nine dollars? Is not making it rains?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's That's.
Speaker 1: What qualifies is making it and rain. When you make it rain common?
Speaker 2: Is it single? Is it singles?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It can be usually.
Speaker 3: I mean you can make it rain with hundreds. It just has to be a bunch of dollars.
Speaker 1: Wait, but does that makes it rain with hundreds?
Speaker 3: Rappers?
Speaker 2: Rappers? Rappers?
Speaker 3: I mean you make it rain with them? If you what if you took out, like, you know, one hundred and five dollar bills and made it rain, people would be like, oh ship, this motherfucker made it rain. That's donald.
Speaker 2: Have you ever made it ring? Uh?
Speaker 3: In a Gavin De Grau video directed by me I invented making it rain and a Gavin De Grau video Make the Zach, you can check the stats. You could check the stats before that video.
Speaker 2: I don't ring mother girl.
Speaker 1: We were by the way, this is now a time when after this episode you should watch on YouTube the Gavin de Graw video for Chariot that I directed where you will see Donald Faison make it Rain.
Speaker 2: Wow, great song too, Wow mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Jamie King, Jamie.
Speaker 1: King is the love interest. Remember that shoot, Donald, That was a crazy shoot.
Speaker 3: That was one of the open things I had ever seen you do at that point. It was at that point I had never seen you. I mean, well, I take it back, you did. You did direct that episode, but this was something that you had. You were completely like on your own and all you had was Cabot. Really that's it, and me and then everybody else. I didn't know who the fuck they were. There wasn't the normal crew and everything. At least with Scrubs when you directed the first that first episode, at least you had the crew had your back, the cast had your back. You knew everyone, and we were trying to make a great show. At this point, it was like, Doug, I'm trying to make the best video for you, Gavin, and I don't know any of these people, and the set is not working the way it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Wasn't. It was a nightmare.
Speaker 1: It was one of the scariest shoots I've ever been on because I had designed this whole video as a Wanner without the camera cutting. It was a very elaborate moving set and we spent a lot of money on the set.
Speaker 3: Days when MTV would let you do that too.
Speaker 1: That was back in the day when there were still big budgets for videos, and we had about one hundred extras. We needed a full day of rehearsal and we just didn't have it, and so we tried to do them one day. I remember it was like six pm and we hadn't shot anything, which is called in director lingo a fucking nightmare. But then then I pivoted, because you have to pivot as a filmmaker when things aren't working, and I said, this is no longer a Wunner, and guess what we're gonna We're gonna do it in pieces, and in between we're going to cut some really beautiful close up shots of very handsome Gavin de Graux singing into the lens. And so it'll be a series of winners that are stitched together with a shot of Gavin singing the lens. And by the way it was, it ended up being a blessing in disguise because everybody wanted to see him singing in close up, whereas the video didn't have that, but uh, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, the video show told the story of you know, artist and how they get to the stage, you know what I mean, work, Yeah, how they get from the beginning of the beginning of it all to the stage finally, and how there's always that young someone in your life to distract you along the way. And sometimes it's money, sometimes it's Jamie King. Jamie King. That's right.
Speaker 1: If we had a day of rehearsal, which would have been so expensive, but I could have really done the whole thing as a wanner, woun't have been cool. But anyway, if you're curious, check out the video. All right, we'll take a break and we'll be right back. This this particular ad right here is one of the best we've ever done.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I hope it's something for like if you were a loved one has mesothelio and we're.
Speaker 2: You know, I watched.
Speaker 1: I stopped watching as much CNN as I was watching because it's so bad for me. But I realized when I was watching it that all the ads were aimed at senior So I was I was getting targeted by all these senior citizen ads. I never see I never see young fun ads like like our I don't watch sports obviously, which is usually where our T mobile stuff airs, so I never even see like young fun ads. I just see ads aimed at seniors.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that. I didn't realize that a lot of old people stay up late too. I would think they would go to bed early, because late night is when they start trying to sell you all of that old old ship.
Speaker 1: You know, CNN is constantly trying to sell me something that's like, I shouldn't clean my gutters because it's too dangerous for me to clean my guns, and I'm gonna, I'm gonna gonna, I'm gonna get hurt. I mean, I know, no joke. I know people do get a lot of people get hurt cleaning their gutters, but I am not. I don't think the target demo for that, for that campaign. But I can't tell you how many times I've seen the change to this product so you don't have to clean your gutters.
Speaker 3: Thing Life Alert Commercial Life Alert. It still exists.
Speaker 1: That they got a new they got a new lady who fell and can't get up.
Speaker 3: I can't get up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they retired.
Speaker 3: She fell and didn't get up.
Speaker 2: She never did get out. She never never got she never did get out, she never did get up.
Speaker 1: All right here In more Bad Scrubs episodes, Cole is convinced that there's rankings, that's all bullshit. He's tricked by Cocks and Drew and what about this?
Speaker 2: This was so stupid.
Speaker 1: Chop pants, So Turk wears sweatpants or sorry, Scrubs, let's say chop on them because he loves pork chops so much. Then Denise says, look, there's JD and like like the worst sitcome ever. Turk goes, where did he wear his pork chop pants?
Speaker 3: It's not great.
Speaker 1: Then Elliott says, chillax my brother, which made me cringe a.
Speaker 3: Bit even more. It made me cringe more than freaking the Zion thing because we we as the old Cruise, should know better.
Speaker 1: By the way, there's three moments in this episode where white people say things that are very cringey, and the second was chillax my brother. And then when Turkey is auditioning new friends, Kelso says that he wants a black friend to help him out with the sisters and so he can quote get my swirl on.
Speaker 3: I'm all about the swirl.
Speaker 2: Okay, what does that mean? Swirrel? I don't even know.
Speaker 3: It's like when you mix chocolate and vanilla and you swirl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well then you're a.
Speaker 3: Snailor that's literally the name of the fucking ice cream swirl, chocolate and vanilla swirl.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what get my swirl on means. I just knew that didn't sound right coming out again.
Speaker 3: It means like when you dip you're in some uh it would be swirling, got it or anything? That's not win the more you know, but it has to be sex. It's not dating, it's sex swirling.
Speaker 2: It's only se yes.
Speaker 1: So if I not a date with an African American woman, I'm not.
Speaker 3: That is not swirling. Y'all went out on a date. It's only sex.
Speaker 1: When we when we copulate mix, I see when we become when our bodies swirl together.
Speaker 3: Sure have a swirl. Now, Look, if you don't like to swirl, you don't like to swirl, that's you. Everybody each their own. I'm just gonna say this for everybody out there, it's okay to swirl. If you do swirl. Yeah, love has no color.
Speaker 1: Right, And this is coming from someone who who really has committed his entire life to air.
Speaker 3: That's not true. I date. I am the rainbow fucking kind. I have dated pretty well.
Speaker 2: Not I have every I have dated rainbow.
Speaker 1: If you haven't had sex with a man, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Right, that's what I'm saying. I said, not the gay kind of rainbow yet. Yes, yes, right, thank you.
Speaker 1: But you're an equal opportunity.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And whoever floats my boat, my wife, who that is? Who it is right now? Yeah, is the one that has me.
Speaker 1: Do you ever ask you wife if you're trying to if you're trying to propose intercourse with your with your wife, casey, have you ever said, do you want to swirl?
Speaker 3: No? I say, do you want some black dick?
Speaker 4: You're way too excited about that.
Speaker 2: The man loves his wife.
Speaker 1: Listen, the man may may every couple have a love relationship so strong.
Speaker 2: He's in love with this.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you something right now. We fight sometimes, yes, and it's horrible, and we say some horrible things to each other, but there is no person on this planet that I would want to spend the rest of my life with other than her. There is not one person she has. I don't know what it is about her, but I really enjoy the life that we have created together.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: I don't want to sacrifice that or anything.
Speaker 1: How do you make up when you've had a bad fight? Are you the first person to say I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: They want to see my black dick? No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I think I think what happened was I think what happened? You know, I say that, I think what was I think what happened is you got vulnerable and then you felt like you had to pull up your masculinity.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe maybe there was a bit of that in there, But that's that's that's that's that. That means nothing to the fact that you don't think I'd.
Speaker 1: Be saying, I'm sure you do jokingly, but I'm curious for a real answer. When you guys have a bad fight, is it she that normally tries to make amends?
Speaker 2: Or do you do it?
Speaker 3: We don't make amends. We just forget about it and move on. That's what.
Speaker 1: Oh, that seems healthy. Let me write that down.
Speaker 3: So it's just marriage, that's about. That's what marriage is. Marriage is this. I hate you? I hate you too. I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 1: Wow, I feel like it might be good to like occasionally talk it out and be like, hey about the other night. I'm sorry, I was feeling this and you were feeling that, and I I, you don't ever do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's like, you know, that's that's the boring part of marriage making up. But that's like fucking.
Speaker 2: I'm asking if that happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that does happen, But that's not the fun part. The fun part isn't the I fucked up my bead. That's there's no even in the argument. The argument's the beat part, like the way that we I don't know, like, yeah, sure we'll have the talk of she's coming home? Is that her?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is the way that we have. Let's ask her. Shit, Ka hit the song down, Casey, come down here. I don't know nothing about raising these fools, so tell me what to do. Don't know nothing about raising these kids. And that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Hi. We just played your song. Hi guys, Hi, Hi Casey.
Speaker 3: Were you were y'all just thinking about me and played it for no.
Speaker 1: Well, Donald, we were talking about when couples argue and then it gets bad, and then we were asking Donald how like whether he or you is the first person after it's calmed down and all the emotions out to be like, hey, sorry about da da da da da da da, And Donald kind of implied that y'all just kind of move on, don't talk about it.
Speaker 8: Oh no, No, I'm trying to communicate throughout the entire thing, and he doesn't like to communicate his way up.
Speaker 9: And he also doesn't like to say he's sorry and admit when he's wrong. So the way that I know when he knows he's wrong and he's trying to say sorry is usually because he pulls it out and was like.
Speaker 5: No, he told us that.
Speaker 2: We were like, no, he pulls his penis out.
Speaker 6: Did you tell them you pull your penis out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we thought he was joking. We've done it.
Speaker 3: Was joking.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's his way of making up with him.
Speaker 2: He pulls up penis.
Speaker 10: He doesn't know how to say sorry, so he'll just be like he'll he'll he'll ride it out for like three or four days, and then finally he'll be like does.
Speaker 3: This look Does this look good to you?
Speaker 2: But it sounds like you? Then forgive him.
Speaker 10: You guys never have the like guy you know what, because I've already said and voiced everything in my I've communicated everything, I've already talked it out, I've already expressed every But don't.
Speaker 1: You him, don't you want wouldn't you prefer him to be like, hey, I'm really sorry, I fucked up because of X y Z.
Speaker 9: I would prefer him to do a lot of things, But that's not who I'm married, and he's I know him better than the back of my hand, and this is how he is. And I will say once that that contact has been made or that's out of the way, then he's I'm sorry, you know, I just tuck like that because of this, this, this, And I'm like, well, just say that ship you could have saved, said that ship three days ago.
Speaker 2: Right, just so much? Wow, Really, Casey you are you're pretty pretty. You're a pretty great wife here Ca.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you guys have to remember we've been together how long? Since two thousand and six? I mean, this is a long time. I don't have I'm you know what, I don't have time to sit. I'm not deep, I'm not sensitive, So it's kind of like that's but.
Speaker 1: You also are a very strong personality, and I wonder that it sounds like you're saying you do, but when the fight's going on, or you're like, do you want to say, like this is not how we should be communicating.
Speaker 2: You know, I do I say all those things.
Speaker 6: I mean I do. He knows.
Speaker 9: I mean, at least I think I say this is not healthy, this is not like even just recently, we had an argument and it all stemmed from like our kids basketball, and I was like, this basketball is one of is a big distractor in our happiness as a family.
Speaker 6: As a whole. I was like, we need to dial it back.
Speaker 9: And you know, we fight and it goes and then days later we're like, you know, we've seen penis and balls and everything. Then it's like, yeah, I don't think we need to do this tonight and go to practice and this, and I think we need to scale it back.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I see, so there's a rhythm to it.
Speaker 1: There's so you know, even when it's Donald, I mean, you know, I don't have a lot of experience of Donald ever going ever, Hey, I want to reach out. This is awkward and uncomfortable, but I was out of line and I'm sorry. I don't have any experience of that.
Speaker 9: No, I mean it, and not to be arrogant, but I honestly believe there's times that y'all's friendship probably would have never lasted this long had I not been the Christ.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: It's true because he doesn't. Ever, he's never the one to say that, you've been the one to be like, y'all need to talk.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And that's what I told him the other day when we were talking about something else. I was like, I have no problem going with my tail between my lege. I don't get embarrassed. I have no shame to be the one that says this fire or even not even to my husband, like even if it's a third party, I have no problem to be like, guys, sorry, I blew this out of proportion. I'm the reason this, this whole fight happened, Like, let's get past this for the kids.
Speaker 6: Like it's my fault.
Speaker 3: I sometimes I'll take the blame just so we.
Speaker 9: Can all communicate about it. And which is not healthy, Probably.
Speaker 1: No, because doesn't that build resentment because after a while you're like, I always fucking am the one who ends the fight. I'm always the one who puts my tail.
Speaker 5: Between my legs, but I also just like it.
Speaker 6: But everyone's happy, right.
Speaker 1: But during those three days where there's tension and you're not talking, do you ever want to be like, hey, this is so stupid. Can we can we can we just talk this out? Like I don't want to be in silent treatment mode sometimes.
Speaker 9: But then sometimes I'm like whatever, good luck. You know, there's times that we're Donald's like I want to divorce.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, I want a divorce too. Yeah, h no, I hate you. I want a divorce. That's let's do it. But that's what I say now.
Speaker 9: But there was a time, say a year ago, when you were like, let's get a divorce, and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm gonna I'm going to divorce you.
Speaker 9: I'm like, good luck, good luck doing all manual labor to get to the point where you've got to divorce me, because.
Speaker 8: I'm the one that's gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Call you Donald Donald baked down, trying.
Speaker 3: To deal with people. This is what I do.
Speaker 1: Donald trying to call a lawyer and organize a call with the lawyer.
Speaker 2: I can't picture it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he'd be like, babe, babe, babe, babe, can you call a lawyer for me, but.
Speaker 9: Also guys, I have to say and and I'm very grateful for this. We've never had a fight, h that wasn't over stupid ship. Like We've never had like some real crazy marriage doomsday fight.
Speaker 6: We've at least I don't think so. The fights we have are like stupid ship.
Speaker 1: Can we give it to a different topic, Casey, One more question for you that came up today. This has nothing to do with your life. You were wondering how what percentage of women at their bachelorette parties are actually hooking up with men? Do you think that it's higher even or less than men less.
Speaker 3: I've been at least eight or nine, and.
Speaker 9: I've never experienced anything like that the bachelorette parties.
Speaker 6: I've gone to.
Speaker 5: Even with the dudes.
Speaker 9: They're doing the dances and all that stuff, it's more.
Speaker 5: Of the cringe, like all the girls are in the corner.
Speaker 3: Like, oh god, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. That's Casey's group of people.
Speaker 1: That's case that's your group of friends.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not at all of a sudden act like hold on now, hold on now, this is a different demographic. I don't trust those it's like a fucking bachelorette party.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, thank you, Casey, thank you Casey.
Speaker 9: Yes, I just had a four hour breakfast with God and I'm just everybody now.
Speaker 5: Seeing her.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I love Zach, Zach, Zach, Zach, Zach, I love you, sweetheart. He married, Well, he just has to show his penis. You've all you got to do is basically your recipe is ignored for three days and then whip out your penis.
Speaker 5: I don't want a magical penis, so.
Speaker 1: You must have a magical penis.
Speaker 3: That should be.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: We all doubted you Donald when you said that your penis solves all your marital problems.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, let's finish up the newsletters. A lie uh Lucy runs out of underwear and so she wears a bathing suit to work. Turkey is auditioning new friends. The funniest one of all was who says that he's ready to take their relationship to the next level physically, And he.
Speaker 3: Said, did you say physically? He goes weird five, and then he goes get there, and then he gets there and winks, I'm glad that Todd is still a brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Todd should be in more of the show, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, I know, right, And look, if we're going to introduce new characters, let's at least bring back some of the old ones for more than just their typical line.
Speaker 1: By the way, Joelle said the show should be told from from Drew's point of view, I think it should be told from Todd's point of view.
Speaker 3: I want to show that's a dangerous, dangerous show. No, no, no, the fact that Todd is allowed to work at this space.
Speaker 2: You're right, he's a seasoning. He's a seasoning.
Speaker 1: You don't want to you don't want to las to have a little salts. You don't want all salts.
Speaker 3: No, all right.
Speaker 2: Elliott goes home.
Speaker 1: After talking to patient and Lucy loses faith in her snore. Lucy banged her boyfriend while talking to her dad and said it was the most turned on she's ever been.
Speaker 11: Lucy a free And then at that moment, right there, I thought to myself, Elliott should be able to relate to this shit because she is.
Speaker 3: Her freak flag is way more than Lucy's. So when she said that, I expected Elliott to be like, oh, well, there was this one time, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yes, but yes, I was so confused by the dynamic between these two and like Elliott is classic why and she always is bleeding hert for her students where she's like, I really want them to like me, and I hope. And so it was conflicting because on the one hand, I was like, oh, maybe this is showing a lot of growth in Elliott in that, you know, She's like, no, it's got to be about me. We remember from the original Scrub series, like I want to be a mom.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure one of be a doctor all in my life?
Speaker 3: How to take it?
Speaker 4: Like, so the end results sort of worked for me, but the initial part, like I really think Elliott would understand Lucy in a much more intimate way so quickly.
Speaker 5: I have so much in common.
Speaker 3: They're they're the same freaking character pretty much, you know what I mean. It's like they put they put JD and Elliott and smashed them together and made Lucy, you know what I mean, all of them. It's it's it's very clear that that's what they did, and and it would have been. And she is more like Elliott than she is JD. You know what I mean. Her fantasies are Elliott, you know what I mean, but she does fantasize like JD. Did you know. It's it's it's it's very it's it's very upsetting in a lot of ways, because it's like we could have went so many other ways. We could have just made it so that this is a completely different show with completely new characters. But we're trying to recreate the same shit over and over again in every episode though too. It's not like just one episode, it's every episode. So that being said, we should probably get to the letters. Eat these balls, Zach, eat these balls that eat these balls ahead your sound effects machine.
Speaker 2: Right, Steve Aoki? Who wow?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go break, and then when we come back, we'll play the Joel Monique is Down to Get Down song because we know it's an audience favorite. This commercial right here changed my life.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 2: Get the world out all time. Joel Monique is down to get down.
Speaker 6: No matter what's between your eggs.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning you could be make an egg Joel money is down, get down.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Joel Monique is down to get.
Speaker 1: And there's the Joel song. Thank you Dan for playing that. All right, Joel, Let's go to letters.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: You know Okay, everybody ready.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Hi, My name is Jeff Richmond from Columbia, Maryland, and I'm calling in to talk about how I love the episode my new girl bro. And I'll make this very quick, but there are four reasons why I really liked this episode. I do like that we still get to see the funny but heartfelt, dynamic relationship between JD and Turk. I really do think it's rare in life to have such a close friend, and at the end of the episode, doctor Cox told Turk how rare it was to be able to work with your best friend, and that to me meant a lot, because having friends at work makes the day so much better. The second thing is is that I love that doctor Cox treats Lucy the same way that he treated JD during the entire series. That line about the dumb shadow was extremely funny and it really honors the core of the show and the relationship between JD and doctor Cox, and also how they're able to transfer that relationship to doctor Cox and Lucy as well. Third, how Lucy looks up to doctor Reid. This episode really celebrates strong, powerful and professional women working in a traditionally male dominated field, and I think this entire episode did a great job with this, but specifically, you know, we were able to see the point of view from a young lady looking up to an older female in the same profession with more experience in that industry.
Speaker 3: And as I rewatched this season, you know, when I watched it.
Speaker 12: First, I was single with no kids, and now I have two young children and a wife, and I was able to kind of see how my wife was able to make changes in her life and her professional career as we started having children, so I was able to relate to that a lot. And then finally, I think one of the best gags of the entire show, that's right, I said it when at the very end Cole says you suck Zimmerman.
Speaker 2: I think that whole joke about there being class.
Speaker 12: Rankings and ended up being the ranks based on their alphabetical last name, and his last name was double A Aaronson, And.
Speaker 2: That bit right there, I think is extremely funny. And thank you. Those are my quick tidbits. Thank you, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Jeff.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jeff, I like you, and you sound like a nice man. I just don't agree with you.
Speaker 2: There you go. But you know, he made some good points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but there are points about the old show though the point all of the points are talking about how this show reminds him of the old show.
Speaker 5: You can still see her longing for the original.
Speaker 1: But I think I think Joelle like asked someone in her building who's a nice person to watch episode six and be like, do to be a favorite. We can't get anyone to say, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, remember when I watched Jeff, Remember when I watched your cat.
Speaker 4: Jeff, Jeff did write it about another episode and I said, Hey, would you like to say something nice abou episode six? And he's so kindly sat in this voicemail. So we appreciate you, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Jeff, We appreciate you, to appreciate you, the fact, the fact that we needed you, Jeff.
Speaker 2: We needed you, Jeff, We.
Speaker 3: Needed the fact that anyone can find helpless.
Speaker 2: Jeff Richmond, You're our only hope.
Speaker 3: I like this, Zach Yeah, system a system Yeah, Oh god, come oh.
Speaker 5: Voicemail.
Speaker 1: That's how easy it is to get you to come. I could do that ship so easy. Yoda, yoda, come on, baby, you got this, You got this.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Ewaukee's yub Nub chicky, Why why I celebrate the live? I don't kicking out alien the Ewakey's song made his leg kickout. So I'm gonna I'm gonna text Casey some techniques.
Speaker 3: First of all, I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna sing Casey the song so she knows what to do next round. Next time you'll have a fight and you have to get get ignored for three days.
Speaker 3: Just sing just said, you don't even have to get ignored for three days. And when he whips out his pienis you don't even have to touch it.
Speaker 1: Just yup, celebrate the life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, play this could have been a surprise here it is.
Speaker 13: Hi, everybody, This is Tamika. Thank you for inviting me back for episode two. I don't know if you remember. I did the highlights and low lights of that episode. I did what's working and what's not working. I'm not sure if you heard that, because I don't think I got it to Joel in time. But for episode six, I'm going to do what I noticed on what I wonder. So what I noticed as I was watching this is that I'm still laughing as I'm watching this episode, So that means the writing is still working. And I think specifically what's working is those moments of unpredictable humor. I'm thinking about early in the episode when Elliott, who looked beautiful, is talking to her and goes, he misses you too, and Turk turns to the side and you hear the BA.
Speaker 6: Could not have predicted that was coming. That made me laugh.
Speaker 13: When Lucy's telling the story about how her sister has to have sex with her fiance for the first time. I was just sitting there listening, and then she dropped the in case the stripper got her pregnant.
Speaker 6: Could not have predicted that.
Speaker 13: Had Denise started her rant toward Cole with I'm going to get a sock and put Nickels in it, I would have known she was going to end it with beating him with it, because I have brothers like I know how that goes. So it was unpredictable and funny for me when she started out with a jar and then still ended up with beating him with it. So I think it's those unpredictable moments that are really still making me laugh. So good on paper, for sure. So what I wonder since something still isn't quite right is the first thing I wonder is if med school was the right setting watching people learn to do things? Isn't that exciting? Watching people do the damn thing is way more fun. I think about like, and I haven't seen Rocky like the way dudes have seen Rocky, But I feel like we don't spend a whole lot of time watching him get ready to fight. We spend a ton of time watching him fight, And so I think we don't want to spend a whole lot of time watching these kids.
Speaker 3: Learn the doctor.
Speaker 13: We want to watch these kids doctor, just like we did with the first group of characters. And then I also wonder who the target audience was. I just want to also point out that I could recognize med School was a way to keep some of the original players engaged while bringing in some new people. But I think it could have been fine just to have them be the next crop of residents coming into the hospital and having the existing characters be doctors in that hospital who were truly doing cameos, because let's face it, y'all are not doing cameos. Target audience. I'm wondering who the target audience is because the existing audience, those existing fans we had been watching that show for like six seven, eight years. We were well past college age, I think, and college kids aren't that exciting to watch unless you're in college. Maybe if you're in high school. So I don't know, Like I'm curious about who your target. Who the target was, not you, but who the target was. Considering that, and considering that it was said in med school, I wonder what the audience investment would have been if Denise or Drew had been the main character, because I know I have found myself wondering what was going on in their head, Like what would their voiceover have been. I don't really care what Lucy's voiceovers are. I don't know why, I just don't. I do have to give some credit to Cole. I gotta give credit where credits due. He was funny for like two point five seconds. It was when Drew was late too. I guess rounds I don't know, and he goes nice of you to join us, Drew to call Cox's attention to it, and then Cox says something and he goes optional, and right there you can see the whole switch where like his eyes droop and his voice changes to.
Speaker 6: That like, oh, I gotta go.
Speaker 13: You know he's now like that late nineties Limp Biscuit fan bro. And I know you're probably waiting for me to say, no, shade, but I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 6: That was shady and I meant it. But he's being he's so predictable.
Speaker 13: When that's his delivery, and when he's in that mode and predictable is just not funny. And I wish someone had given him that note. So those are all of the things that I wonder, and I wonder if those things were different, if maybe there would have been some chemistry between what was what was good on paper and what was going on on the screen, and we could have gotten some more seasons. So that's it for me. Let me know your thoughts, and thank you for the shout out. The other week.
Speaker 6: My mother is convinced I'm famous.
Speaker 2: Bye, Well, I really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Very very nice and very nice analysis from Tamika. I really like the way she puts time and effort go ahead. She was wrong about Rocky. There's a lot of training completely.
Speaker 3: Wrong about Rocky. Is the ultimate movie of Training? Is the hype that's not that's the hype before down Dawn.
Speaker 2: Ahead, that ship.
Speaker 3: That ship is hype music for a reason, because you about to run up some motherfucking steps, You about to beat the sheep ship out of some fucking beef.
Speaker 2: Showing the difference. You've got to do it in Russia.
Speaker 3: Now you gotta do it in Russia, Rocky, Now you gotta do it in Russia. Had to do it first. You had to do it in Philadelphia in the Philadelphia Hood. Then fucking Polo was like, nah fuck that we going to l A and you had to do it with the brothers and then to beat mister t. Then you had to do it in Russia. Rocky. You had to do it in Russia, and you had to train there too.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying, all right, well, thank you, Tamika. I did like what you said. I didn't know what she was on with the jars thing. Is she mistaking another episode?
Speaker 3: No, So the scene where Cole says some shit and Cox and Turk says, I can't right now, Denise, will you handle this? She says absolutely. She goes, We're gonna take all of your little dumb things that you say. We're going to put it in a jar, nice big jar, and we're going to fill that little jar up with all of your dumb things, and when that jar is filled, I'm gonna take it and I'm gonna beat you over the head with it.
Speaker 2: Pretty much.
Speaker 1: I must have blocked that out, all right. Thank you, Tamika, Thank you Jeff.
Speaker 2: That was really great.
Speaker 1: Joelle, thank you for helping us find those those awesome calls out. Jelly audience, thank you so much for tuning in. We really appreciate you spending a little bit of time with us. If you get in a fight with your partner, we don't endorse just taking out your penis.
Speaker 3: Depends on how long y'all been together for.
Speaker 1: It depends, but we do want it. We do have anecdotal information that for some couples it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Listen, my wife gets the joke. She leans in with it. We fight over dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb shit, and we don't fight over real shit because there isn't. We don't argue about that stuff. For some reason, we fight over things that are I can't believe we just had an argument and said I want to get divorced over this dumb shit, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know about you guys and how you are with your partners, but you know. I know you're going to find trying. Hey, look I it works for us, and thank god, she freaking gets.
Speaker 1: Me my only recommendation at all, and take it from someone who's not in a relationship, so I don't really have any fucking leg to stand on. Would be that maybe you wouldn't do the full three days of ignoring each other, but suck it up and be like, I'm sorry sooner.
Speaker 3: Where's the fun in that though? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like being in a silent treatment with anyone in my life.
Speaker 3: There's no we're we're we're having It doesn't work that way. I wish, I wish it did work that way. But you got to be in your feelings also, Man, I gotta let my wife have her time to be angry with me. I don't want to try and you know what I mean, This is this is shit is forever, you know what I mean. So if she's gonna be angry with me for a day, I would I want to allow her to have that shit. Fuck it. You want to be mad at me, be mad at me, and when you do have some shit to say, you're gonna say that shit and we're gonna argue and we're gonna fight about that ship, but we're also gonna make love and we're gonna make up. You know what I mean. This is forever, This isn't you know what I mean? She said something that's true. We yet to have a fight, and I hope we never have a fight about some bullshit that that's gonna that's a real threat to our marriage. We fight about dumb ship like that's my sock. Yes, so fucking what you know what I mean? You know what I mean, like that's dumb ship that doesn't that's not gonna, that's not gonna destroy.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 3: I hope it doesn't destroy where we have. I hope our marriage is stronger than that. I don't want to chinx it anyway. My point is, you know.
Speaker 1: To each you guys have a thing that works. That's what we hear and uh and we appreciate you being so candid with us.
Speaker 2: And that's our show kind of sound.
Speaker 11: Do or do not?
Speaker 3: There is no try. I whipped up my penis and said that before to about sure we made about a bunch of.
Speaker 10: That story.
Speaker 2: Next all should know. So gather round you here, hop gather around you here, hoard specs.
Speaker 3: We watch your wiz and
Speaker 6: H