Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Fantasy Pros NFL Draft Show. My name is Derek Brown and with me as always the Minnesota mad Man four nine drum. On today's show, we are gonna talk about the deep sleepers of this NFL Draft class. Thor and I have run through all the top guys and every position. We've given you all of these guys. This is the episode you need to be tuning into. We are gonna get really into the thick of it. Thor, are you ready for this, ma'am?
Speaker 2: I am yeah. I mean we've hit draft week. We have talked, We've gotten position by position, we have talked about all the top guys in this class. So now that people want to know who are our favorite pet sleepers in this class, you guys are about to find out.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a blast man. Before we jump into these top ten players that we're gonna discuss today. Gotta tell you again, we talked about this on last week's episode. You have got to be getting into the NFL Draft prop picks challenge over on Betting Pros. It's easy, easy, easy to enter. Download the Betting Pros app today. Go to Betting Pros to slash draft click the button join the group. If you log your draft props either via quick Picks or sink your bets in the app, that's all you gotta do, man, minimum five bets to enter. The prizes are gonna be awesome. First place gets a year of Betting Pros and Fantasy Pros Premium sub Second through fifth place a twenty five dollars Betting Pros gift cards. Get yourself some swag man, so get entered again. Download the Betting Pros app, Visit Bettingpros dot com slash draft, join the group and make your picks. Or let's dive into this man. These guys that we're gonna talk about in first position up here, we're gonna talk about some running backs here man, and our parameters for these guys. You couldn't pick anybody inside the top fifteen running backs per consensus. Who is the first guy you want to mention here?
Speaker 2: Well, so let's start out with the quarterback position, which it's you know, we talked about the top ten guys and with the perimeters. Not wanted to discuss guys that we did before. You have to go outside of that, which already makes it pretty deep. With that quarterback class. We're getting into UDFA land. So my favorite guy of the UDFA quarterbacks and again we're getting pretty deep here.
Speaker 1: But my top thirteen persensus man outside of the.
Speaker 2: Top thirteen, So this is a guy who I believe will be a UDFA. But the guy that I think is kind of interesting there is John Rice Plumbley from UCF. And the reason why is you have the athletic trades there with a guy who has the arm talent. And we know this because it plays on two different athletic fields and it has on the same day in the past. UCF once put out a video where he was playing baseball. He was on the baseball team both at Ole Meds and UCF, and that he later in the day was played in the i think the spring football game at UCF. But he's a he's a dual sport kind of a guy. You see this with him at quarterback, both the good and the bad aspect of it. But you know, in terms of the good aspects, he is one of those guys that absolutely can throw on the run and can do the thing that you love to see from those guys of throwing it from the multiple different arm slots. He's very natural with that he has more MP in that arm than you would think as those and I know that you fit into this category, Debro, as those who have watched Javon Baker's film are well aware. So that's what you like. And as far as the athleticism will hit that before I get into the negatives with him nearly six feet two hundred three pounds in an eighty eight percentile athlete. And further on the athletic stuff, this kid is such a good athlete that early on in his career, back when he was at Ole Miss in a Rich Rodriguez offense at Ole Miss, Rich Rodriguez actually better for Matt corrall for John Rice Plumbley. Of course, the Rich Rodriguez system, the old West Virginia system. People remember Pat White and the whole thing that they were doing back then, back in the day West Virginia. That's what Rich rod was preferring that John Rice Plumby did as opposed to Matt Correll. And that's Matt Correll's career almost went wayward there for a second because of that. But then things was, you know, started to go sort of the opposite way. But for for then, for a year after that John rice Plumbley played, he shifted and played some slot receiver at all miss Then, of course when the new coaching staff came in, Matt Correll took back over at quarterback. John rice Plumbley played slot receiver for a campaign before then transferring to UCF, kept playing baseball throughout, went back to quarterback. So so John rice Plumbley bit of a renaissance man. And again the thing that I like, you definitely see this snappy arm with him. He has a playmaking bent. He made takes more I like, I'll just say it NFL caliber throws. Then you would think from the profile from the frame, uh then you know, just heading into his tape, the the things going the other way and the reason that he is going to be undrafted and the reason that some people listening to this don't know who this guy is. Is there the bouts of inaccuracy with John rice Plumbley. And then the other thing, the frustrating thing watching his tape and the thing where the translation to the NFL of can they teach him this? John rice Plumbley and Debro you know this as well from watching Javon Baker's tape and the other UCF guys he locks onto reads a lot. And that's you have when you you have these kids that go from you know, the one level to the next, and you like physical traits of theirs, you like the athleticism, you like the arm, but you see them so often locking onto the pre delineated read and then you see a guys streaming open and he just didn't see it because he was locked onto the one thing. It's hard for that kid at the next level to be taught that. Ken Jenre has fumly be taught that. And then the mechanics stuff. I think that is more fixable because again this is a guy who going back years he played in the multiple different systems in college, might have been three or four, going back to Ole miss with the multiple coaches, then with gusmels On at UCF, and then was playing the multiple sports. I think you can work on the footwork and the upper body mechanics mirroring that to the lower body more to improve the accuracy. But the thing of John, we have to teach you how sitting in the pockets, surveying your options. The systems he has played in and the way that they sort of worked around that with him. I don't know if that will be fixable for him. However, you have the and this is why I'm a little bit more bullish on him. You have the multiple bullets because of those athletic traits and because he has play slot receiver in the past. I don't know if people in the draft community are giving them enough credit for that. I think you have the first bullet with him as the quarterback. And what are you showing there? He was pretty good at you see, have to pass a couple of years. He showed some stuff in the pass. It will miss if it doesn't work out there. You have Plaine size, Taysom Hill. But you know, now we can kick them to the slot receiver and you have some gadget utility type stuff with them as well, potentially kick them down the line. If not, he's going to be a pretty good UFL player or else he can go back to baseball. But an interesting player, I thought, Debro Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, look at this point, what we're looking at for a lot of these different guys. Do they have the athletic traits? Is the package there? If they could put it all together that what can they be in the NFL? Because a lot of these players, like you're talking about with plumb Lee, when you're playing multiple sports. I mean, come on, we're like, we all know this. So you're playing multiple sports even growing up, like narrowing your focus down to just one sport is all gonna help you as well. So looking at the skill set, that's what we're going for here, Like guys that have the traits, maybe they might not be as refined. Some of these guys were gonna get into a bounced around smaller schools and stuff, and look, that's gonna bring me to my net my first guy and going with the first running back here again using guys only RB fifteen or lower. And he's gotten a little bit of talk out out on social media, but in the NFL draft circles, he's not getting talked about enough, man, And that I want to bring up Blake Watson here running back out of Memphis, and I turn on Blake Watson's film and you see the analytics immediately when you watch him, Like his numbers just on paper thor are impressive. Man. Over the last two years, he's been thirty fourth and fourth in yards of the contact per attempt. In twenty twenty two, he was fourth amongst all running backs with at least one hundred carries in PFF elusive rating. So we're talking about a good rusher of the football as well as a player who was twentieth in yards per rout run last year. So there's receiving utility here. And the thing I want to bring up about Blake Watson man is is he a little bit undersized? Sure? But can he play? Man? And watching his film that he has better leg drive than people would give him credit for at his size. You look at his contact balance and he's a tough interior runner man like he pinballs off dudes in the second level. I said this out on social media and I'll say it again here on the show. I think Blake Watson is who everybody wants Bucky Irving to be, an undersized running back that runs tougher than his size. And hey, guess what Blake Watson actually tested Well? He ran a four freaking four at as Pro Day, so with a short airy agility I don't think is amazing, but I think he's a good runway back. I think you get break tackles. I think there is pass game utility because they did line him up a little bit in the slot and out wide, and while it wasn't a ton of reps, you saw him also run a few outs curls. I think that ability. Again, we're looking at skill sets that could translate. Maybe we see a little more pass game utility in the NFL, but I like Blake Watson's game. Again, Also talking about a guy that you talked about Plumblee bouncing back and forth between baseball and football, Blake Watson was still learning the running back position. Like when he got to Old Dominion in twenty nineteen, he was a wide receiver and they transitioned him to running backs, so he didn't even go to the college playing the position. So we're talking about a player that Okay, yes, has he been playing running back for a few years now, Okay, that's fine, but that's still not the same as been I've been playing running back since high school or since pee wee football. So there's still some growth that can happen. Man, But tell me what are your thoughts on Watson because we have again we have not talked about any of these guys on the show yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's an interesting guy where he shows up at Old Dominion and he was this pint sized receiver guy to high school that had been sort of overlooked, and initially he red shirts and was a kick returner guy, special teamer. Initially twenty eighteen, he was the special teamer, red shirt you know whatever. Twenty nineteen he conferenced USA honorable mention as a special teamer. And then it begins a starcross kind of a thing for Blake Watson. We're in twenty twenty Al Dominion was one of the very few FBS programs that had their season outright canceled by COVID. Nothing you could do about that comes back in twenty twenty one. That's where he had balked up enough and in conjunction with a position change that helped facilitate it by bulking up to running back. That's where he really broke out and burst onto the scene for yours, truly, de bro As you know, I run that fifty team college fantasy football league that is only for the sickest of the sickos, and Blake Watson was a guy that I picked up in September of that year. Started to see that he was getting usage for this old Dominion team. After having switched positions and down the stretch, they started to use it more and more and more, and you knew that he had the receiving utility. Well, it turned out that he was a really good running back. Then of course he transfers to the bigger school last year and at the bigger location showed out even more. And then you mentioned the pre draft process, really open eyes there with the athleticism as well, this kid's a really good receiver. He has shown it as a running back the past couple of years. He has return utility as well. He's a bit of a late bloomer. And I think that that is why, whether you want to say overlooked or whether you want to say outright disrespected, to me, it was disrespectful that the NFL did not give him a Combine invite. Like there's you know, it's like, you know, combine snub. But then there's other guys where it's like, all right, there's really no justification for this. Blake Watson was that there's really no justifications for this. You look at what he did the past couple of years at two different schools and the two way utility both as you know, again the runner and as the receiver and then also a three way utility really if you want to toss in the returning and when you watch him, it's like, you know, you knew he was around that, you know, the two hundred pounds whatever, but it's like, you know, so it's like slightly beneath the threshold. But it's not like he's the world's tiniest person. I didn't really understand. And he the athleticism. He appeared to be athletic on tape, which then he proved during the pre draft process. Somebody made a mistake with that. This kid absolutely deserves to get drafted, and I'm with you, de bro he absolutely is a sleeper. Would not surprise at all if he began making an impact as a committee back this coming season, you know, if he grabbed a hold of a role in that and it became a bigger and bigger part of it as it went along.
Speaker 1: Well, when people looking at a rankings Liver on Fantasy pros at after watching him and writing him up, dude, he's my RBA to this class. People might be surprised by that, but again, putting respect on his name, five nine two hundred pounds has an eight point nine RAS score thor he ran a four four forty. He jumped forty one inches in the vert which is a ninety nine percentile outcome, had an eleven to three broad Now you can ding him a little bit for his short shuttle and his three cone again, but that shows up on his tape. If you give this guy's space, he can hit dangers.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I love his game, so again, putting respect and people looking at I think a lot of us are looking at this running back class and we're looking at, Okay, who can be one of the heroes of this class? If a guy steps forward? Could it be? You know, people have talked about Isaac Garrindo, people have talked about Tyrone Tracy. There are guys in this class with some really interesting skill sets, and I think Blake Watson is another one that people need to be discussing. So yes, like looking at all these parts of pieces to his I like him a lot, man, I mean that definitely shows up and where I'm ranking him now. But keeping this rolling, dude, who is the next player that you're going to bring up here?
Speaker 2: Kimani Vidal and he you know I have I have brought him up on some of the shows this spring, but he was outside the consensus threshold to make our last running back episode, which means that he qualifies for this one. And you know, we we like his game, and in particular I love Kamani Vidal's game, but the industry continues to sleep on mister Vidal, so so you know, we have to serve the function of giving him his flowers.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of the respect, where do you have him in your ranks right now for running backs? Because I think we're still handholding right yeah, we are in.
Speaker 2: So on my five hundred board, Kimani Vidal is RB seven for me, and I have him as a top half of the fourth round type guy. Now do I think he's going to go in the fourth round? Not necessarily, you know. I mean he's gonna get picked at some point on Saturday, probably a bit later than that, but not We are not alone on Kamani Vidal. He has some ardent supporters out there, including Jim Nagy of the Senior Ball says. Jim Nagy says that Kamani Vidal is one of his favorite sleeper running backs in this class as well, goes absolutely nuts about him. The Kamani Vidal hive is strong. I would imagine that Kamani Vidal has some enormous fans inside of NFL buildings as well, so we'll see how strong those voices are as well. But yeah, he I don't want to say that he is an acquired taste, but he is a guy where if you just look at him, you know like the I mean, he's a small sort of a dude coming from the Sun Belt right and see like you just like the the height he's beneath five to eight, he's two. He is two hundred and thirteen pounds. So the classic buwlling ball built. And when he came into the process, people did not think he was athletic. He didn't catch a ton of balls at Troy, but he he shocked a lot of people with his test and tested as an eighty eight percentile athlete, and particularly with the speed in Indianapolis, proved the concept of that.
Speaker 1: I'll own it. He surprised me. We talked about this pre and I said, look, I think he's got maybe four or five four six speed. So when he came out he ran a four to four six. I'll own that. I did not see that coming, dude.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna call you out for it, but if you, I mean I'm calling.
Speaker 1: Myself out for it. I mean I'm keeping it real man, like you have talked about Kamani a ton this entire process. I'm just glad people get to hear this.
Speaker 2: Take yeah, Dal the other thing. So, you know a guy who's on the smaller side, but the last couple of years proves the concept that he can handle bell call and I'm talking true bell call usage. So in twenty twenty two, over fourteen games, two hundred and thirty one carries twenty six reception, two hundred and fifty seven touches, which he turned into undred and seventy two yards and ten touchdowns. Last year on another very good Troy team in the Sun Belt, two hundred ninety seven touches I'm sorry, two hundred ninety seven carries sixteen hundred and sixty one yards on the ground, fourteen touchdowns. Then he had eighteen more receptions two hundred one yards through the air and another touchdowns. That's three hundred fifteen touches from scrimmage for eighteen hundred and sixty two yards fifteen total touchdowns. So like you had all that stuff again, one of the nippicks with him on the field was, oh he didn't get a ton of catches. Well, the constitution of the Troys offense it was, Kamani, you are the early down bell Koo. So they give them the ball, give them the ball, give him the ball, which the defense knew, which is why Kamani vedal faced about his He was basically the Blake Korum of the G five where the defense started to move guys up on the early downs because and Troy they would their offense, you know, like they had the different formations where the on the early where the defense knew it was coming, they tried to have the different blocking angles, so they'd move guys up, so those little chess match like that. But then on the passing downs on the third and six, when the defense knew the passing down was coming, usually Troy would keep Kamani back. They keep him on the field, but they did not send him out usually as the receiver, unless it was like they keep them back to Chip and then they would have them after that if they didn't need them, then he would go back out and just be the dump off guy. But the point I wanted to make about this, I talked to Kamani Vidal down in Mobile, and he talked to me about how in Mobile the number one thing he wanted to prove to NFL evaluators is I am a good receiver. They just didn't use me as much like that. But what I did show with Troy is I'm a very good pass blocker. This is something that Jim Nagy was going nuts about on Twitter about how Kamani Vedall is the best pass blocker in this class. Like that was the thing that Troy said, like, Kamani, like, that's what we need you to do is pass block. Kamani Vidal is stunningly good pass blocker. You wouldn't think it because of his frame, and I don't think the linebackers realize that when they they just come screaming down through like open holes and then it's just like Kamani Vidal and it's like, oh, we're gonna run over this torp and then we're gonna annihilate his halpless quarterback. And then Kamani Vidal gets down with a wide base and then just goes right down into your lower half. He'll chop you down right beneath your hips. You see him flip guys over, You see him stone guys where it's and you see like their eyes bulge out of their head because it's like a like a humby or a suburban that goes full speed into like a you know, like a on the highway, like a median right, and all of a sudden, it's just like this high speed collision. It just stops on a dime and and there's problems you don't get past Kamani Vidal. He he's just so good with the technique of it. He knows where to attack on it. And again he you know, he gets under sold even by the competition, but the technique of it, the way he gets after it. He denotes where the guy's coming from. He knows where the danger as he steps up. But the thing I want to talk about more, I think he's super duper undersold as a runner. To the point of what we're doing here, fantasy players, this is particularly topical for you. The bowling ball thing. Again with the athleticism, that's way better than people thought heading into the process. Kamani Vidal, because he was given all this usage. He was the engine of that entire Troy offense. And these Troy teams were good. Both of them were at the top of the sun Belt. The team last year went eleven and three.
Speaker 1: Of the year.
Speaker 2: Before the Trojans were twelve and two, so these were very good Troy teams. The entire offense was Kamani Vidal, so teams will begin to stack the box. One example of this people want to see this is the kid when they stepped up in competition against Kansas State, they started doing the eight man boxes. Against Commani Vidal, there's one rep where he blows through the eight man box. All of a sudden he's running behind the defense, so you get to see both his ability the acceleration through the hole even with all the traffic getting through there, and then his wheels downtown the acceleration. I really like his sort of hide the ball under the cup routine behind the offensive line because he's so small, he's not a he's sort of unorthodox for a type of back like he is like he physically he sort of is similar dimensions to Blake Korum, but a very different kind of a back. Blake Koram is the uh. He's like the patient guy. He's like waiting, waiting, and then it's like the the side to side agility right like and it's like the making miss and then and then trying to like run through the arm tackles a different stuff like that. Like Kamani Vidal is nor south. He wants to go nor south, north south, and he can where his agility comes into play. He has the one cut, but it's he is trying to go north south and he'll try to change your vantage point right before the contact point to force what is a flush tackle attempt into an arm tackle attempt that he will then invariably run through. Kamani Vidal is very very good at breaking tackles in part because of this, and he has the great, great great contact balances. Was the last thing I was gonna say about him, the true spinning top from inception. You know, you could think about him like that reminds me the guy that I comp him to is Jalen Warren. I got to ask him about that down at the Senior Bowl. Jalen Warren, his last year at Oklahoma State, was number two in the FBS that season in forced miss tackles. Last season, Jalen Freddian slip. Last season, Kamani Vidal was number two in the FBS as well in force miss tackles. I think you're gonna get sort of similar usage and the way that he looks in the NFL, I think it's gonna be a similar thing where he gets paired up with somebody else as the one B to someone else's one A, and it he offers sort of a fascinating change of look, kind of element to what they get from the other kind of a guy and gives defense his problems a different kind of a look than than they're anticipating. But really like Kamani Vidal's game.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you we have talked about Kamani Vidal all the way going back to Senior bowl Man, and I've really warmed up to his game through the process, and I've gone back to his film twice and to put a bow on this, he's my RB five of this class. I do have him over Blake Korum, and I do have him over Brayleen Allen. My com for him and maybe this maybe I need to come around to the Jalen Warren comp has been Devin Singletary. But to your point, he is a better athlete than Devin Singletary was coming out and the other parts of his game, and and you talked about the bowling ball like he's he pinballs off of guys in the second level. I mean he uses his size definitely to his advance. At five seven two thirteen. He talked about the athletic testing. I mean again, the eighty eighth percentile short Shuttle, the eighty eighth percentile avert much better athlete than I gave him credit first pass through his film. But the numbers also stand up for you. Talked about the volume aspect to him. Fifty seven percent of his games in his final collegiate season, he had at least twenty three carries. So people need to let that simmary. He has proven that he can handle volume in that season as well, twenty first amongst all FBS and FCS running backs with at least one Hunter carries twenty first in PFF elusive rating. So dudes got chops and he can play. Man. I'd love to see him go round for the NFL draft. Probably not gonna happen, probably because of this class and the strengths in other areas of this class. Probably a round five guy. But if he ends on up on a depth chart and with the coaching staff, that says, look, we're gonna take whoever can play and can prove themselves in camp. Don't be surprised if he makes noise. And he's the one being a committee and he's pushing for starter reps in his rookie season. I don't think it's out of the range of outcomes, man, And I know that sounds hyperbolic because people hate this running back class. Oh do they hate this running back class. But there are some guys that can play, and we're trying to put respect on names here man, and again talking about giving respect where it is freaking due, is gonna lead me to the first wide receiver we're gonna bring up here. And the guys we're talking about in the wide receiver grouping on this show outside of the top twenty one wide receivers per consensus. Soor, I was add this guy to the list of players with Javon Baker and Jermaine Burton that when I went to their tape, I was not expecting to see what I saw and and it shows out in the numbers. Man, and the guy that I know I'm burying the lead here, but I've been impressed with him as g and Cocher out of Holy Cross. You look at all the wide receivers for us getting into the analytics all wide receivers of the last two years out of all guys in FBS and FCS with at least fifty targets. Jalen Cocher checks boxes man ninth and yards per route run eighteenth and yards per out run of the last two years ninth and fortieth and PFF receiving grade. I was not expecting to see a guy that the movement skills are definitely there. You see pacing, you see head fakes, jabs things in his routes where I'm not expecting this out of a guy that comes out of Holy Cross and I'm watching his film and I'm like, whooh hah, whoa dude, come on, you just made this corner look silly, Like did you have to do him like that body control when he's in the air. I mean some of these sideline catches and back shoulder catches he's making in the air. You're just like, h okay, yep, that's that's an NFL quality. Rep mm hmm. Definitely, definitely. And it's not just the route running, and it's not just the ability to play above the rim. He can offer you some act too. He could break tackles, and you're seeing on the reps from the quarterbacking play of Holy Cross. There's times and there's two definitive plays I'm thinking about in my head right now where Jalen Coker runs a freaking dig route. He comes back to the quarterback and he's throwing his hands up in the air and he's like, throw me the ball and then it doesn't come out. It's very key and slovas ish, where it's like, I'm gonna count to four and then I'm gonna wait till the cornerback runs on top of you, and then I'm gonna throw the ball. And so now you're in a contested situation when you really shouldn't have been because you burnt the guy and left him in the shadow realm and you had three steps of separation, but by the time the ball got there, Yes, sadly it wasn't the case. Man, But tell me, do you do you need to talk me off the ledge about Jalen Cocher because I know you went back to his tape the night before of us recording this show. What did you think about him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were going so nuts about Jaalen Cocher that last night. I had the occasion like it sort of forced me to go back and watch the entire catalog of Jalen Cocker's twenty twenty three work, which then led me back into his entire catalog of his entire twenty twenty two catalog, which sure and I quickly realized with the deeper dive that on the limited the couple games that I had seen of him before, I had gotten the wrong impression of Coker. I had understold him in my initial rankings. When you get the longer look at him, the ball skills of Coker explode off the screen was the thing that was just so wildly impressive to me, just the one after the other after the other after the other. There was one play down the sideline. I forget the opponent. I think this was they did play some FBS teams.
Speaker 1: Boston College, because that was one of the most games I watch.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think that was against Boston the one to play that I'm talking. But they did play Boss and Dogs. They did play Army the year before they played one, So he has he does have experience against some FBS teams for people out there, but you know, he does come up from the FCS in Holy Cross, but in this game, he's he lines up on the far side boundary, so on the on the top of the screen, and he goes, you know, I don't know. They must have been twenty five thirty thirty five yards away from the end zone. And it's not bad coverage by the cornerback, except the cornerback is terrified now because he knows that the ball is going to be coming his way, and he's he's terrified that Coker is going to do what he does to everybody, which is the ball's coming and then Cocher is just gonna jump over him and just steal it. And so the cornerback it's like, it's like he's a child throwing a tantrum, and he grabs Cocher's left arm like like a child with his father, Like no Dad. Cocher grabs the ball with his right arm and catches it in the end zone. They score the touchdown. The ref throws the flag and Cocher like, and I didn't even blame him for this, he like, because the cornerback ends up on the ground and Cocher like, And it wasn't super egregious, especially because the cornerback spent like ten yards like literally just holding onto onto his arm, and it was in the end zone, you know, where he catches the thing with one arm. Cocher had to do a little yap in there. He's not the there's there's bigger guys or yeah, like you know, like Javon Baker. There's a couple other guys in this class that are way bigger talkers. But that that was an and but the bigger ball scale with him that did. I loved the subtlety. The late hands thing with him is really cool, to the point where it's almost even beyond the late hands thing. Uh. Sometimes down the sidelines he doesn't almost doesn't even telegraph anything whatsoever. Where there was a couple of times I had to go on slow motion because he almost doesn't put them up at all if he doesn't have to. Like there was one play where it was down this this another one now it isn't FCS. It was another one I think whereas against an FCS one. But the the what happened at the catch point, it's the same manifestation, you know, as for instance, to play before where he had to do it with one hand because he's literally getting the other one taken away from him. This one, uh there the throw because of that, and you know, because of the way that this thing happened. There's this guy, the guy who's on him in coverage. There's things down the sideline, and the row has him up the sideline. They might have been like ending up around like the ten yard line. And because of the way that the defender was, Cocker does not want to let the guy know that the ball is coming, and so he basically doesn't put his hands up at all, Like the like Coker's on the inside towards the boundary and the defenders like on his right. So Coker just lets it go over his shoulder, basically doesn't put his hands up at all, and then just catches it like right when it cuts, like doesn't show the defender whatsoever it was. It was almost like an optical illusion that the ball ended up in Coker's hands. Like I said, I had to go back a couple times of like when does he actually flip his hands up into like cups when the ball goes over the shoulder there were and then just the hands themselves. He extends very very easily outside his frame to spear these things. Now that that those are the things that I love. The ball scales are fabulous with that kid, his hands are awesome. He does all those those cool ball scale things.
Speaker 1: Only two drops last year. One occurred on a poorly located ball and another one was versus Lafayette in the freaking rain. So just to throw that out there.
Speaker 2: And watch if people are only going to watch one of his watch his contested catch one is very fun, he postized. People. It's very fun. The the the nippicks with him or not even impis just the fair things lack speed, uh, you know in the NFL. He know he is not going to concern anyone with his speed. The the thing that and the separation. I I don't know that he's going to be torching anyone. You know. It's like the dee bro. You made a good point with the route running. I think that that will open up some of the windows. But like the the the ball scales, I think to me proves the concept of you know, you open up just a little bit of those windows. Then you have the ball scals, you have the late hands thing, you have that little trick. I think to me that proves enough of the concept to me. That kid, he gonna hang received wide receiver four or five initially, no doubt about it. And to me, there is upside here. Potentially the ceiling to me is the possession wide receiver too. I think that is the Bonanza ceiling. Potentially could get there. I mean, certainly that is bonanza Bonanza ceiling. But I don't see this thing being any worse than the you know, initially, like I said, the wide receiver four or five, because he's not gonna embarrass himself with those ball skills, and he has the at least the explosion. What I saw was that burst which which you see out of some of those route breaks, you know, like you're talking about Deepro. You mentioned sort of the head deeks and some of the nuance that he has. The athletic trade that I noticed in deepro. The vertical is where he showed this, and the ten yard split doesn't have the long speed, but you see this off the line and then out of the rout breaks is how he will get some of the separation with his athleticism in addition to some of those running imaginations.
Speaker 1: I mean six to one three eighths six one and three eights inches two oh eight his hand size jumps off the page two eighty seconds eighty second percentile. Now you talked about the long speed, and I agree with you there, I don't he's not a burner. He can win deep, but he wins deep based off of his ability at the catch point and his route running. And again there's a lot of and I'm not drawing the direct comparison, but watching his film, there are a lot of similarities in what the things that I really like about Javon Baker's game that I like about Jalen Coker's game, and looking at you talked about the ten yard split seventy six percentile, but yes, dude, he jumped out the freaking gym. Vertical was at forty two and a half ninety eight percentile. His broad was one twenty eight eighty six percentile. So the leaping is definitely there. Man. So he's got the athleticism, he's got the short area chops at I agree with you. I think he lands on some team as the wide receiver four maybe five. But all he needs is to get into an NFL room, get even better coaching at the next level, and to unlock all the other parts of pieces of his game. I would not be shocked if he in two years, We're looking at a guy that has ascended to be a wide receiver to on an NFL depth chart, and it might sound spicy, but the kid's got talent.
Speaker 2: What round do you think he ends up going?
Speaker 1: I think I think round five probably if you were to tell me and and and maybe I'm just out over my skies. But if you were to tell me he gets into round four, I wouldn't be surprised. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think probably round five? Wasn't you were a Round five receiver from last year's that you just think you're a fan of. Forgetting the name of that kid, we'll.
Speaker 1: Just call him Pooka juice. We'll go from that. We'll just we'll just go with the short handle. Okay, Yes, I knew you were gonna go there. I knew it. I knew it was coming. I knew it was.
Speaker 2: Who's this clus It's happened.
Speaker 1: It happened the higher process, and I'm just like, I didn't you know. I'm not gonna answer, not gonna answer it, man, But look, who's who's the guy from this?
Speaker 2: The rookie fifth roader from this classic shatters NFL records.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, man, the questions have been real. Dude, it's been a it's been a fun draft process, man, I'll tell you that it's been a really fun draft process. And before we get the next player in here again talking about fun draft processes, man, like this, this show, the Fantasy Pros NFL Draft Show, has been a labor of love for Thorney. This has been our baby. We have absolutely loved recording every single episode of this weekly for everybody. So we really hope that y'all have enjoyed this ride as much as us. And this is not like we're going away like this sounds like I'm building up to, uh, we're not coming back. But no, this all comes down to if you haven't enjoyed this show as much as we have, please help us out. This takes thirty seconds to a minute of your time. In a free way to support the show, go to Fantasypros dot com slash reviews, give us a five star rate and review before the NFL Draft is complete. So look, you got till Saturday. Okay, when the clock strikes midnight at the end of the seventh round, mister irrelevant has been picked. Get your review in before the Bewitching Hour, and next week we're gonna shout out all the names or user names of everybody that leaves us a review on next week's show, when Thor and I are going to rock through our NFC and AFC draft grades for all these teams. So please get in there again Fantasypros dot Com slash Reviews.
Speaker 2: Thor So Zebra, you're saying everyone who writes us a review on iTunes in the next week that we you will give a shout out to on the next one next week show.
Speaker 1: We're mentioning him all man, I don't care if it's two in her names. We're gonna run through all of them. Everybody's getting some getting some puff and some praise because look, okay, you're tuning into this show. Wow, we're trying to give value value back to you, man, Like that's the what we've been trying to do this entire process. So we've truly, from the bottom of our hearts appreciate everybody that is tuned into this show all the way across the process.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna get all choked up here, Thor because the next guy again we're talking about loveless guys. Just give this name. I'm just gonna sit here and sit back and listen to you give all the good puff and praise about Luke McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I yeah, Luke McCaffrey and the ten yards split. I have to go back to the ten yards foot about how about Jayleen Cocher First, Jayleen Coger's ten yards flit, by the way, so at his speed was the exact same as Adana Mitchell at four three three, Lat McConkie and four three nine. They all had one five to ten yard split.
Speaker 1: So interesting for a person second round graded prospects.
Speaker 2: Interesting interesting explosion there for mister Jalen Coker. So interesting to say that Luke McCaffrey, the guy who absolutely annihilated his FBS conference, now on the lower tier of the FBS, but at a position that he was brand new to over the last two years, had just switched to it after being a quarterback in his formative years of his life, becomes a receiver the last two years and the first two years he did it absolutely annihilated Conference USA. And his brother is one of the NFL's best players. His father is part of NFL royalty as well. And somehow and then Luke McCaffrey comes into the NFL draft process and tests as a tremendous athlete as well, he.
Speaker 1: Which comes away. Do you know what his ten yard split is?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Thors? Speaking of putting respect on names, do you want to know who has a one point five to two ten exact?
Speaker 2: Same one five to two? Interesting? Interesting, very very interesting, And mister McCaffrey was also like, yeah, obviously the athletic jeams there with the McCaffrey, the ninety four percentile size adjusted athlete, and mister McCaffrey did not duck any tests unlike some of these other guys were like, no, I don't want to do the agility stuff or you know what one of the tests that they wanted out on. The mccaffreys don't duck any of those. They're they're totally fine. Comes in at almost six foot two, almost two hundred pounds, and that the ninety four percent a guy who can has shown that he can do some of the outside stuff. Played predominantly in the slot at Rice that has had analysts right from the get both under selling his game, which I find odd, both because of those bloodlines, both because of the production brand new at the position, and then of course the that size adjusted athletics score at the size that that I just mentioned. But I think that the other thing is like they're like, oh, you know, he's just a slot because he he played seventy five to eighty percent of that at RICE last two years. The context I need to give for people again is those were his first two years at the position. And then the other thing is in the RICE system and down there at the G five just in general, A lot of times you see this they will put their best receiver inside in the slot because the quarterback play down there is so bad. They want the best receiver closer to the wide receiver. And the Luke McCaffrey was indeed pounded with targets at all. Three were levels of the field, which is why I'm more bullish with him. You saw him winning downfield rather consistently, including he has this crazy skill to win in congested quarters and in contested situations including and I made this point, d bro, you know where I'm going with you.
Speaker 1: Know exactly where you're going. If you weren't going to make it, I was go ahead.
Speaker 2: He had more catches that were that he he secured when he got smoked and his helmet popped off that I saw than the rest of the wide receivers in this I.
Speaker 1: Mean the rest of his class combined like this. It's crazy, man, Like, somebody needs to go talk to the equipment manager at Rice and be like, old, no, man, like we got to look at these chin straps or something. Dude, like his helmet pops off like three times or four. I mean, I'll lost count.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's absolutely insane. The concentration with him was something that jumped out on his film because you know, he was able to get closer to the quarterback playing in that slot. But opponents, especially last season, knew what was coming because McCaffrey a very good athlete, you know, like like we were mentioning before, when he came out of high school, he was this bally who dual threat quarterback who signed with Nebraska. Everybody wanted him, and and the way he got to Rice, I mean usually this doesn't happen with like you know, NFL royalty bloodlines getting down the Rice as slot receiver. The way it happened was he failed at both Nebraska and then very briefly had this brief dalliance with Louisville trying to be a dual threat quarterback. Well, the arm, it just was not working, the accuracy. So finally he gets down to Rice and they convinced him to switch to receiver. Well that's where the athleticism played there. It's like now, okay, now we're cooking with gas. So but then but then Rice, they just and JT Daniels the end of his time there, and then that he was injured and has now medically retired. The backups that would come in when JT would get hurt, they would just force the ball to Luke McCaffrey. It's like, oh boy, we got a stud. It's like, how lucky we were playing with Luke frigging McCaffrey. So they would force the ball up to McCaffrey, like I said, at all three levels, but sometimes they would try to fit it into McCaffrey double covered. It's like all the safety coming down, but he's got a step on the corner. Try to fit it in between the two guys, McCaffrey, the concentration between the two guys. Then what he about to get smacked? Like I said, exemplary the hands vice grips. I have the stat in here somewhere, But he doesn't drop balls last year in the contested situation, just to speak to that, seventeen for eighteen in the contested situations, he only dropped three balls last year in total on one hundred and twenty targets over the some of it. I think you could do different stuff like that with him. Last year the cut with him, it was seventy one point five percent of his snaps happened in the slot. The rest of them happened at wide. I do think as he learns more, you can get more work for him out wide. Like I said, he has that ability to win at all three levels of the field. I think as he learns more nuanced of the craft and stuff like that. But we know that receiving a ball, catching at the athleticism, everything like that. It runs in the family. So because of all these different things, I am more bullish on him than the rest of the industry seems to be. They proved all the concepts through the process. He hasn't on other boards, in my opinion, not enough. I think this kid is a sleeper. I think someone is going to get value on him at some point on Saturday. But Dee bruh. I don't think he is going to go quite as early as he probably should.
Speaker 1: He's not because people when they talk about the bloodlines of players, you hear Frank or Junior, you hear Brendan Rice, you don't hear Luke McCaffrey. And I told you this whenever we were down a mobile, I thought one of the most blasphemous, slapping the face kind of things with so many people in mobile asking him about, Oh, what's Christian doing at the super Bowl, when I'm like, stupid, you need to talk about Luke McCaffrey's game, like you're getting a chance to talk to this kid and ask him about his game. And it's been a fantastic wild ride of his collegiate career.
Speaker 2: One of the more interesting sleeper receivers we have in this class. And that's all they could ask was about was his brother.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man, and I'm not trying to take shots of people, but we need to put respect on these kids' games and ask them about what the process is and talk to him about them, because again, give him the respect. You're in there talking to him for a player that you talked about the athletic testing thor. I'm gonna sit here in double down on that man. His three cone eighty seven percentile, his twenty yard shuttle ninety first percentile. So for a player that also is twenty sixth in PFF receiving grade last season, I'm with you on all parts of pieces. Man. I've loved his game and I have him ranked where some people can think this is aggressively, I have him ranked as my wide receiver eighteen in this class, over Brendan Rice, over Jayleen McMillan, over everybody's favorite Darling, Jalen Polk, over Malachai Corley, over tes Walker. I'm putting respect on his name, and people need to be doing the same, man, because the kid can play. He can win from the slot, he can win outside, and I think there's another evolution of his game that will happen in the NFL. And my comp for him, and this is not lazy taking the former quarterback aspect of this, but for a player that made the same position change and really had to come in to the NFL improve people wrong and continue to continue and continue to prove it. My confolute McCaffrey is Jacobe Myers. I love his game. I'm with you love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I rank McCaffrey wide receiver seventeen. And the last thing that I wanted to say about him, I mentioned the downfield utility that I don't think he gets enough credit for the other thing though, as far as the short and intermediate utility that you get for McCaffrey. That and also the keep in mind again former dual threat quarterback who the thing he was the best at it was running the ball, because the thing that he stunk at was throwing it. It's why he had to switch positions. But I think that there is some sneaky, beaky gadget utility with this kid as well. Twenty over the last two years. So again this is when he moved me. When he goes the rise, he's a receiver over the Over that time, I mentioned how he didn't drop any balls last year was the three drops over the one hundred and twenty turrets. But over the last two seasons, McCaffrey twenty five broken tackles those last two seasons with zero fumbles.
Speaker 1: So he is.
Speaker 2: Also very reliable. And if you manufacture touches for him, not only do you have the athletic kid and the brother the best running back in the NFL is also going to break the tackles and reliable with the ball. In addition, you're not gonna put it on the carpet.
Speaker 1: Somebody's gonna get a steal for him in the NFT steal he's gonna go probably round five and some team. We're gonna look back on it next year and say, how the heck did he get that low? And people are gonna take the.
Speaker 2: MVP guy going that low. No one's gonna understand it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun. Man. But onto another player that I think we need to be put in respect with, and that's Jamary Thrash, wide receiver out of Louisville. And in breaking down his game, am, I'm going to tell you that Jamuriy Thrash is gonna be a wide receiver one or wide receiver two in the NFL. No, I don't see that, But I think Jamari Thrash can can develop into a rock solid wide receiver three. And if he lands in the right situation, can he become an underneath weapon for a team and be a guy that like, look, he just soaks up targets because he's open all the freaking time. I think Jamari Thrash can absolutely do that. Twenty twenty two he was fourteenth in yards per route run, twenty eighth and PFF receiving grade. And well, I don't think that you're gonna see him go down the field. He's not gonna be stretching the field. He can absolutely torch guys underneath. He's a smooth operator. He's got easy change of direction, and that's really what I think his superpower is man quick feed off the line. He has problems at the catch point, only a thirty two point six percent contested catch rate in college. And again, not a burner, but a player that I could see utility. And I hate that this guy and this is my comp form, hate that he got hurt and we never saw what he could have been going from the Atlanta Falcons to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. My conference is Russell Gage, and I think you get have a very similar career arc. What are your thoughts on Thrash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just a little bit lower on Thrash. Although the thing that I like about him when you you just have to get the ball in his hands, like when yeah, it's it. Like I loved him both going back to Georgia State and then of course at Louisville last year. I loved that when brom identified him because then you get him into the Ron Dale role in that offense. But you when he gets the ball in his hands, it becomes the chicken and the coop thing. It becomes like it's like the car chase, you know, like he's just very hard to get your hands on at that point. But like you mentioned, the balls also turned.
Speaker 1: On the Benny Hill music.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is, and and that's where the fun starts to them. But it's like the it's you know, and this is going to be going to carry the day as far as where does his career go in the NFL and how long is his career in the NFL? Like what he needs to figure out how to get that ball in his hands, right, Like, yeah, because they're not going to be in the NFL. People learn how to win that themselves, right, Like, it's not going to be the same thing in college where they're manufacturing that for him and he's not as physically gifted over the guys, you know, analogous to him on the other side of the ball, where where teams are going to be incentivized to use a portion of their offensive snaps to do that for him. So he's going to have to learn to win as the route runner and a little bit further along down the field. But the thing with the ball in his hands speaks for himself. It is really really fun. So if he can learn to the route running, winning a little bit more, winning a little bit further down the field, the thing with the ball, you know, as the runner that will play at the NFL level.
Speaker 1: Absolutely agree, man, And like we're talking about, Look, if you're looking for a fun time, turn on the film for Jail and Coker, Luke McCaffrey. And while you're doing so, bring up that second screen baby. And if you're looking for a fun time, you got to be heading to Reality Sports online, powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get the bill and manage fantasy teams like nflgms. You gotta head over there and try this free agency, multi year contracts or rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and a ton more. It is not complicated at all. It just gives you another layer of strategy and playing this game about a game that we love so much. If you think you're amongst a fantasy elite, head over there today you could test out your GM skills for free with a mock free agency auction. Again, use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. The promo code Fantasy Pros for ten percent off on your team or league today. Fantasy just got real Reality Sports online dot Com. Let's get real door running backs. Maybe we talked about a few of them. Let's go back to the position here again, talking about the guys outside the top fifteen perkinsensus. Who is the guy you want to bring up here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, since we were doing our you know, it's draft week and we're almost there and this is gonna be our last one in the weeds. I we had to hit a guy that I'm pretty sure that we had not hit yet, if even briefly had to hit him out the door. Is Dylan Johnson. I think there's some intrigue. There is a guy that I think is going to hang around for a while and could have some flashes in the future. Stretches of utility for Fantasy owners out there because he has utility in two different aspects of the game. And I appreciate his game, and I think that coaches are going to as well. He's a kid who was relevant in college football for the last four years and last year was a big time contributor on a team that was all went all the way to the College Football National Championship Game with Washington. I thought what was really interesting about Dylan Johnson's college career. He's a kid who's almost six feet tall. He's two hundred and seventeen pounds, so he's slightly above threshold size back. But he signed back in the day during the COVID season recruiting class with Mike Leach's Mississippi State team to be an air raid receiving back, and that's what he was initially during his collegiate career. So get this, his true freshman season back there, at twenty twenty eleven games only has fifty one carries for Mississippi State thirty six catches. Okay, as a sophomore eighty nine carries sixty five catches. Then as a junior eighty nine carries forty eight catch for Mississippi State. Then uh and and I'm sure like I didn't hear Dylan Johnson talk about this, and I almost hesitate to even bring this up cause his the other coaches and teammates that I've heard talk about Dylan Johnson, UH love him. Kalin de bor raves about him. Dylan Johnson and Mike Leach had a disagreement at the end of Dylan Johnson's time at Missippi State, which led Dylan Johnson to transfer. UH. Mike Leach had the medical thing right then, and you know, had the tragically passed away, so that that was very obviously unfortunate. Dylan Johnson then goes to UH Washington. What it became for Dylan Johnson. He had proved that he could be the pass catcher. He also wanted to show that he could be the bellcow guy and get the full usage. And I think that was a part of the thing that UH in his discussions with Leach, wanted to be on the field more and stuff like that. With de Boor, it was the shot to be on the field for a higher percentage, but also to show that other aspect of his game where it was the more pass catching stuff. In the Mississippi State offense, he got to show the other stuff with the Washington offense. Everyone that watched the Huskies last year, you know that when Pennix went back to throw looking at a dunesday first, and then if that wasn't there, that's when you're looking for whether it be McMillan, whether it be paulk and then after that Westover Colby, you know, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: This wasn't exactly looking to check the ball down very often.
Speaker 2: Dylan Johnson speaking of check I mean Dylan Johnson was further down the line, you know, of that continuum, right. But what Dylan Johnson did do last year, and this is what I like for his evaluation. He ran the ball two hundred and thirty three times. Dylan Johnson ran the ball more times last year than he had in his entire three year career prior to that, only caught the ball twenty four times. Well, he'd already proved the concept that he is one heck of a receiver prior that in a true blue air raid offense from the godfather inventor of the air raid offense as we know it in modern football. So Dylan Johnson very good receiver. One hundred and seventy three receptions in college last season, didn't drop the ball one time at Washington. The versatility speaks for itself. He was the belcow on the Washington offense last year and the one off season switch over, like, we didn't know like that he was. I didn't know if he could do the you know, just act sort of as that for an offense like Washington after he had just been used more or less as the pass catcher under Leach. I had no idea, and he proved that he could do it last year. The other thing I love about that kid tough as nails. He plays hurt. He did it at Mississippi State, and then last year he was badly compromised down the stretch. I don't know that people, and you see him get ranked pretty low on some people's rankings. My theory is that they are watching tape on him from down the stretch last year and don't realize the context that they are watching him playing when maybe other players would not have been playing, you know, particularly like in the college football playoff. I thought that maybe he shouldn't have even been out there. He was badly, badly compromised down the stretch. So keep in mind. You know, people, when you take a look at his work down the stretch, he was gutting it out. He had to get carried off the end of the Texas game, so you know, and there was the games down the stretch where it was and there was actually I'm not going to get into the whole thing because we don't have time, but that caused a fascinating thing with the clock where it stopped because they had to get Dylan Johnson off the field because he could not physically get himself off. But then he came back for the Football Championship game eight days later.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: I didn't think there was any chance. The kid is a warrior, is the whole point. Plays hurt, thats the threshold size. The only thing that he has the versatility, the only thing lack speed, categorically lack speed. You see this on his film as well. But he does have the skills and he does have that versatility. I think that this is a guy that goes into the NFL and is the committee dude right away, right like he's the mix and match fella for you. You bring him in and he does that. There are limitations on his athletic profile that probably prevent him from ever being a star. But this is the kind of guy that NFL coaches really like because he can do a little bit of everything, and I think his game plays best because of the patient style that he has and certainly what he showed last year at Washington. Probably a zone blocking scheme would be best for his skill set as a runner, but in general offense that throws a little bit more to the backs I think would behoove or a play up the value proposition that he is going to provide in a discount on the price tag that you were going to get next week, and I think on Saturday when he is selected assuredly late because that athletic profile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I like his game. I've got currently at RB twenty in my rankings. There's lots of like about his game, and I think there's a lot of utility in the NFL. And that moves me over to a guy that I have at RB fifteen that I agree like that. I think that he has similar utility, that there are some shortcomings to his game. But the guy that I got to bring up here is Kendall Milton, and people could say, well, this is really not deep enough, and I know he comes out of Georgia and stuff. Kendle Milton's not getting hype in this class man people like that, at least not enough to where I think that he should be. You're talking, we're talking about a running back that last year at Georgia amongst all guys with at least one hundred carries in college was thirteenth and yards of the contact per attempt twenty first and breakaway run rate. And are there physical limitations as far as the long speed because he ran a four to six two. Sure, but if we get better context and thor you and I both know that tackle breaking ability translates more if we're looking at one metric on that, not the short area of stuff. It's the ten yard split. And Kendall Milton gets up to the top speed quickly man eighty six percentile ten yard split. And also he's not a bad athlete in the sense that he also had an eighty third percentile broad jump, so there is athleticism there. And the guy that I kept watching when I was watching Milton, and the guy that I kept thinking about the entire time, was he reminds me of Roshan Johnson with a little bit less pass game utility, and in the sense that he's a downhill runner, he can make He's a one speed thumper kind of guy. Give him one cut, get him into the second level, and just let him punish people. I think he can definitely do that. Now, is he gonna break.
Speaker 2: Off home runs? No?
Speaker 1: Is he a little bit more of an upright runner and you can kind of chop him down at certain time. Sure, but if he can get into the second level, get him three to five yards pass the line of scrimmage, he can he could put a hurting on people. And the part where I eventually especially want to highlight about his game is I think that he can be he can also play on passing downs, and this is not talking about his route running. I think he'll be a competent, not standout receiving back, but he can protect the quarterback. Dude seventy three point one pass blocking grade gave up zero sacks or hurries in twenty six pass blocking snaps last year. So as a player that if you were to thrust him into a three down workload and say we're gonna give this guy twenty carries a game, can he hold up. I think he can. He's got the size and the ability to do that. Now, what kind of run game scheme you're gonna put him in? Probably more gap, more inside zone, get him downhill immediately. But he's got pass pro chops, he could break tackles. There's utility here, man, So I think the deep parts of his game and where he can be utilized. I'm not telling you that he goes top three rounds in the NFL draft. He's a few eventual future starter. Does he go round five? Can he land on the depth chart? And if injuries occur, can he step forward and handle the starter's workload? And who knows? Man, could he get a job and then say, look, I got the reins on this play well and not let it go. It's threading the needle, but it could happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the thing. So not super sexy of a profile, but he's a guy who's gonna hang around for sure for the reasons that you mentioned. Short yardage guy absolutely, and then the pass pro which is underrated. People don't talk about it, but it's the thing that keeps you on the field on those passing downs. He can't he's not a good receiver. Georgia never used him as that. But he absolutely is a reliable pass catcher and he absolutely will grind out those short yardage things, the short yardage situations. Georgia effectively use him with that. So that is what kind of we'll bring to the NFL. That's why he's gonna stay on an NFL roster for a while.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Man, So final guy you're gonna bring up here? I know again we're getting into the weeds. Dude, we're going outside the top twelve tight ends. Who's the name on your list?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so we we had to toss out a tight end and I'm gonna be just totally transparent here outside of those you know, we we had talked initially about the top ten consensus tight ends. Outside of that group, I'm looking through this trying to find for you guys a deep tight end sleeper that I think could eventually be, you know, someone for Dynasty guys to potentially target. It starts to get slim pickens real quick for this tight end class, like the you know, we find that this. You know, running backs and the receivers tossing those ones out, those ones are easier and you know, especially these guys and the receiver one we could have gone a lot longer, deeper. I think we had to sort of cut ourselves off and limit ourselves. Yeah, this tight end class was kind of tough. We were like, man, we really should toss out at tight end, but we're both were kind of like, yeah, we don't. You know who's gonna take.
Speaker 1: I want to culp the smaller athletic, but he's basically where we're gone.
Speaker 2: You go with the other one west over, you go with Yeah, like who do you go with? Uh?
Speaker 1: So I like the name you picked here, though I'm gonna say that I like the name you picked here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I did watch it after my UH, after my session with mister Cocher last night, which that was the true fun last night. I I what I spent the next portion of my evening with the twenty twenty three UH spin through again on UH. Mister mclachland Tanner McLaughlan from Arizona did another spin through on him that one, though I remained exactly where I am I was before. However, that's that is sufficient to make him worthy of the shout out for the purposes of this which again there are so few eyes after those consensus top ten tight ends that could fill a role in the NFL of catching that you could even project to catch forty balls someday, right like that even have the physical ability to maybe do that someday. Tanner McLaughlin fits that bill, and that is why he is getting the shout out here. The thing that he can't do its block. He ain't gonna do that for you. You're not going to put him in line. The question for him becomes is he a good enough receiver that that he can justify the roster spot going forward as that? And then the question for fantasy owners is it and then for his livelihood going forward visa VI that is he a good enough pass catcher where he is one of the thirty best at that the big slot thing, right like, one of the twenty best at that where he demands that sort of usage and utility from his NFL team where he is getting that thirty five forty plus catches per season, where he's around that sort of thing, So he becomes fantasy see relevant. He does have some ball scales, I will give him that. I love watching Arizona tape because I so so enjoy watching their quarterback. Noah Fafida, the little pine size scrambler guy who is so fun to watch in the pocket when he's zooming around. He's the opposite of watching the quarterback. He displaced Jaden Delora, who is a quarterback who found his way into this class. That's a story for another day. But McLaughlin can move a bit. His testing profile six foot five and a shade over that two hundred and forty four pounds and a seventy six percentile athletics score. His four six one decidedly above average in this class. He lacks arm length, hands are a little bit smaller. It's not perfect, you know. Again, and and because of the lack of play strength, he's not gonna be able to play in line. But he does have those ball skills. Like I said, I saw him create separation again and again during his tape. He was not the first option invariably when you were watching his cut up. Generally it was mister McMillan and the secondary one was mister Cowing. But McLachlan was effective in especially over the intermediate range. He presents himself because he's the tall fella you know who moves pretty well, especially in the pac twelve right, and so he would flash himself he would get open and can get down the seam as well, and Fafida would find him when he flashed himself open. I think that that is enough to you know, again call out, shout out as a sleeper here and for guys that are in deep dynasty leagues out there, he would be the guy that I would point to. There's other you know, like like I see him right around qualitatively, for instance, like a Jared Wiley, who other people see as like a top five six tight end in the entire class. I see McLaughlin more or less like right with him qualitatively as a pass catching tight end heading to the next level. So you know, and I rank McLaughlin right next to jaheem Bell, who from the fantasy community jahem Bell has gotten way more hype. I would put those guys right next to each other. I think McLaughlin has the same odds that jaheem Bell does of carving out that role of getting that thirty five to forty catches for three four five seasons in the NFL. So Tanner McLachlin got to keep an eye on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agreed, And just to add a little more flavor around the edges here, because look, you talked about the athletic profile seven point six raz eighty th percentile, vert ran the forty at four to six one and ninety third percentile outcome, and even you pointed the analytics man, amongst all tight ends last year least twenty targets, Tanner was twenty first and PFF receiving grade eighth in miss tackles force. So there is some utility and some ability after the catch there. So I like the call man again getting a tight end here, because we know that people play in dynasty leagues that are tight end premium and trying to, you know, wedge these guys into your taxi squad. And I'm gonna go deep down the weeds here, man, I'm gonna get deep into it. And your ears kind of started burning and your eyebrows perked up whenever you saw this name on the show sheet this morning and said, oh baby, we really are getting deep. But a player that I think people need to be looking at, and we'll be We'll see where he goes. I'm not telling you that he gets drafted, maybe goes UDFA, but I'm be very curious and I will be stashing him on a ton of taxi squads, and that's Raymond Jefferson. And if you have not heard the name Raymond Jefferson, you're probably not alone at this point. But some backstory on mister Raymond Jefferson. First of all, as a running back coming out of Kentucky, unfortunately he did not see the field very much of the last two years. He can, unfortunately thank mister Ray Davis for that. But Raymond Jefferson started his collegiate career at Maine, then transferred to sam Houston, balled out at sam Houston from twenty twenty to twenty twenty one. Then, unfortunately, if you were hoping Raymond Jefferson goes somewhere bigger school, gets some puff, and then we'd be talking about him in a different ilk if Ray Davis had never gone to Kentucky and looking what Raymond Jefferson brings to the NFL, he sat on the bench at Kentucky for two years. So, going back to his film and his analytics, when he actually got playing time at sam Houston twenty twenty to twenty twenty one, amongst all running backs, at least a Hunter carrees, this guy was six. The miss tackles force per aid attempt twenty second in yards of contact per attempt and sixteenth in explicit runs. He's got the size, he's five nine, two hundred pounds. Now, the receiving utility is not fantastic, only eight targets and zero point three yards per out running college. But if we're looking at a player that checks boxes as far as the athleticism, because again putting respect on this guy's name, talked about the size. His vert was thirty nine and a half ninety fifth percentile, outcome broad was ten to seven, ninety fifth percentile. His ten yard split thoor was eighty seventh percentile at a one point five to five and even as forty checked the box at four point five to three. So the athleticism is there. The tackle breaking, yes it was a lower conference, is there. I liked his film too short, squatty guy. I love guys that are just bowling ball mentality. They get in the second level, they're pinballing off guys. I mean, there are similar qualities that I can point back to and talking about Blake Watson's game that I can talk about with Raymond Jefferson. You get him into the second level and he's showing more tackle breaking ability. At his size that people are gonna give him credit and a lot of this that dude is thick man. His calves are thick, his legs are thick. It is hard to bring him down in the second level. He's just creating odd angles for tackles to try to bring him down. He's slippery through the hole. I like his game, dude, And I'm not telling you he's a home run hit or anything like that. But if you combine the tackle breaking metrics, you combine the athleticism and the size to where if somebody asked him, can you tote the rock? Can you get fifteen touches per game? I think he absolutely can do that. But for a guy that you're not gonna hear a lot of draft shows out there talking about freaking Raymond Jefferson, Dude, what do you think about him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a guy that was sort of star cross by the situation and unfortunate at the end of the career. Obviously got stuck on the same depth chart by mister Ray Davis and Ray Davis a guy who had hopped around in his career and then mind's out Big Kentucky and Jefferson was a guy that we thought throughout his career, you know, was going to get that opportunity break out in a big way at you know, the high level of the the fbs there and didn't quite end up happening. But he has that athletic juice and retain some of that shine. So you know, that's what you're looking for when you're looking, you're looking deep in the weeds, deep deep deep in the weeds on the profile of some of these guys as someone who could potentially break out. You know, that's some of the guys that I like, way way way down there in the running back class of the UDFA is they they fit a sort of similar mold of like guys that have athletic trades where on the UDFA free for all, if I was in a front office, I would be giving some of these guys a slightly elevated UDFA signing bonus offer just on the athletic trades to bring them in for these reasons like that's that's the way you do it. There's a kid for Southern Illinois that was there one beatback who has incredible athletic traits and had his per touch efficiency numbers and explosive numbers were very good.
Speaker 1: Justin Strong, we're talking about Justin Strong, Yeah, figure I almost talked about him and brought him up on this show too.
Speaker 2: He put up a nine to nine to six RAS at almost six feet two oh six, and yeah, the per touch numbers were very, very good. There's he was plat tuning with another guy who was in this class. That is a very unorthodox five foot five running back that I have them lowered down in my rankings. I don't think it translates quite as well to the next level, but the Southern Illinois staff obviously liked him. But Justin Strong is the one where those traits potentially could translate pretty well to the next level. We'll just have to see. But like again, that's what you're looking for with this stuff, when when you're going further down, you're trying to pick out some of these traits that you know translate by the data to NFL success potentially. So you know a couple of guys like that going way way deep in the weeds, we thought we would toss some of those guys out. One from the receiver class again way down in the weeds, that that I kind of liked was Sam Schnee from Northern Iowa. That that kind of intrigued me. A guy that's going to go undrafted for sure. And then the testing freak from way off the beaten track is John Giles from down there was six three twenty two eightieth percentile athlete, tested very well. Also kind of intrigued by Bull Corrales, a guy who started at UNC that went down to Texas Tech. Had been injured a little bit, but I think his career could have gone a little bit better, and his testing was was very good. Sort of some of the shine retained back there. But six foot three, two hundred and fourteen pounds, ninety first percentile athlete. So a couple more deep deep sleepers to keep an eye on that are going to be udfas but potentially could could show something campaign around and justify a developmental look from teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Jayden Sherdan at a Mammouth almost made my list as well. Five nine and his numbers just jump off the page. Three point nine to six yards of contact per attempt, finished with a fifty four percent breakaway rate. Some issues with his vision, but the athleticism is definitely NFL quality man. So some other guys we want to bring up before we get up out of here, man. But again, we are going to be live on YouTube baby for night one and nine two of the NFL Draft. Night one we're kicking off at seven pm Eastern, So get into the Fantasy Pros YouTube. Get ready. It is gonna be lit, dude, before we get up out of here. For one other guy that we wanted to bring up here, but we can't talk about him as a prospect because unfortunately he's not a prospect. He is already signed to an NFL contract. I will let you gonna lay this out, but we have to mention mister Dante Miller here.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, doing the five hundred board and and and you know, researching as many prospects as I do during the spring and then and then cutting it down to the five hundred and how that goes, and and the position rankings. It's a little bit deeper.
Speaker 1: He was in the five hundred two, wasn't he You.
Speaker 2: Miller came out, So Miller was not in my five hundred, but he was in the prospects that were just outside of it. And my position rankings. For people out there, they're deeper than the five hundred, and they are dropping on Fantasy pros this this week with the skilled ones. I do the comps for all the deeper ones as well. So if you think the five hundred comps are wild, you get even more in the position rankings to check that out on Fantasy pros, the quarterbacks and running backs, the receivers. I think with the receivers, I have like one hundred and ten or one hundred and fifteen comps on those. It gets gets truly stupid. But Dante Miller wash off the top of I had a fifty in the fifties or something in the in my running back rankings. I but it it. I seen that he had signed with the Giants after his Pro day, and I was like, what the what the hey? Uh? And so I I look into because it's like, you know, obviously, it is not a every year occurrence for me where someone in my active draft rankings in the you know, as I'm doing my cross checks, you know, finalizing these position rankings has signed with the team. So I was like, well, I must have screwed something up, you know, So I'm looking into this. No, no, no, that's that's not what happened. Dande Miller had gone to his pro day at South Carolina, UH and had ripped it up. He ran in that what what was it.
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: You're being one through it real quick.
Speaker 1: Dude at five eight one ninety he tore it up. I mean seven point six raz But here's the highlights, baby, four point three eight forty yard dash ninety eight percentile. Ten yard split was at one point five ninety eighth percentile, his vert was three thirty seven and a half eighty eighth percentile, his broad ten to nine ninety seven percentile. But again go ahead thor yeah.
Speaker 2: So you know, because of that, the teams were obviously very interested. But it brought up an interesting point, which is team started to wonder is this guy eligible for the draft because he had got So here's the thing with Dante Miller. Last year, prior to last season, he had or what year was it, the he had transferred from Columbia. I guess prior to the twenty twenty He has such a confusing story after the twenty twenty one season. So he had started with South Carolina prior to then in the twenty twenty two season was his first year there. They but he thought that he was going to have another year of eligibility. This past season, the NCAA ruled Dante and he thought he was going to take over as the lead back because Steve brows Man, Crush Mershawn Lloyd transferred to the other usc in the offseason and the game cox is running back room now was wide open, wide open, and in fact, because of this development that I'm going to tell you about in a second, they had problems filling that all season. They also had the rants and offensive line we talked about when we talk about Spencer Rally. But anyhow, right before the season, the NCAA told Dante Miller that he was ineligible, which goes back to the when Dontee Miller began his career. It was at Columbia in the IVY League. He had one breakout season in twenty twenty one, which is how he ended up getting interest from the Power five schools. Ended up transferring to South Carolina, had that that one season there. But in the IVY League they have different rules than the other Division one conferences, and you know, different, you know whatever. And in the IVY League you just get four seasons of eligibility. They don't the red shirts and the COVID seasons and they don't give you the other you know, like that that we get in the other conferences get.
Speaker 1: I never knew that was a thing until we started talking about Dante Miller last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you hear all these other guys of like, oh, it's a six year senior, Like that's not a thing in the IVY League. And so he had gotten a one year exception to go for his first year at South Carolina, but he wanted and thought he was going to get the sixth year for the other one, but the NCAA ruled him ineligible. Like I said, right prior to the twenty twenty three season, when he thought he was in contention and very well is going to be the belkov starting running back for the South Carolina team last season. And if he had been that we might have been talking about him as who knows, a different reality sliding doors. Maybe we're even talking about him as potential draftable kid in this running back class. But instead he gets he gets ruled ineligible. So last year in the fall, he practices with South Carolina all season, but you know whatever then of course, so he's not playing, he just practice. Then he does the pro day stuff. Well, then people were wondering, well, well, hey, the NCAA ruled him ineligible for twenty twenty three, is he actually eligible for this draft if that was the case, So the NFL, they asked the NFL. The NFL looks into it. In the NFL is like, no, Actually, technically he was eligible for the last draft, and seeing as though he went undrafted, he has technically been a street free agent and just didn't realize it since after the last draft. So he was wild granted his free agent on the spot. So he starts getting free agent offers. This is again right after this awesome Pro Day performance that he had put on, you know, within the past month plus whatever, and so he got offers from multiple teams, one of which was the Giants, which of course was a local team for him when he had gone to Columbia and been in the IVY League, and in the twenty twenty one season that was in the IVY League, that was when he had broken out eight hundred and fourteen yards and he had the explosive play metrics debro. You were going into those, we were. We had some fun looking into Dante Miller and the past blocking as well. He has some interesting aspects to his game and then the juice as well. But I ended up having, of course, because of all this, to take him out of my draft rankings, my position ranking. So I apologized to mister Dante Miller. I was not aware because the NCAA didn't tell me. They didn't tell you, the NFL didn't tell you that you were in the last draft class, so I couldn't put you in my last draft rankings. But we wanted to tell all that the fantasy owners out there that Dante Miller is in the NFL right now, and we wanted to apprise you of his existence because he fell through the cracks last year. But this kid is super duper athletic, and he has big time.
Speaker 1: Wheels, absolutely man, And I'm looking through all of his stuff as you're giving his entire backstory. I did not know his nickname was Little Turbo. So if Little Turbo is out there, it's beautiful. I love it. So if Little Turbo is sitting out there on the waiver wire in any sleeper leagues dynasty leagues that you're in, go toss some sneaker you see if you could sneak them through waivers, because technically he is in the NFL Baby, but Thorn and I got deep into the weeds Man. We wanted to give all the prospects that we really think deserved. Turn the light on, put the shine on for this class. Really hope that everybody enjoyed this episode and we will see you later this week live on YouTube for Night one and Night two of the NFL Draft. Turn on notivacations. Get ready for that. It's going to be a blast for this episode. We'll be back next week. We're going to talk about AFC and NFC draft grades on this show.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Until then, we're out of here.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.