Speaker 1: One eight hundred Do you uy Away Now offering free remote consultations by phone or video conference for any criminal offense. Trust Brook, Jeffrey and Jose's friends with a free remote consultation from Bradley Johnson Lawyers. Visit one eight hundred douy away dot com or call.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred do you wy Away. Maybe you've been in this situation where you have a small customer service issue and you weigh it in your mind, asking yourself, is it really worth me complaining about this?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, question?
Speaker 2: And that was the case for a guy who bought a birthday cake for seven dollars and ninety nine cents.
Speaker 1: That's a deal.
Speaker 2: They ended up giving him the wrong one, and you didn't realize until he brought it out for his son's fifth birthday the store. He discussed it with his wife and he decided, yep, I'm gonna email the bakery about it. What did his wife do? She emailed us. We could get him in your phone tap right.
Speaker 3: Now twenty Hello, Hi, I'm calling from his customer service?
Speaker 4: Is this Ryan?
Speaker 5: Yes? This is Ryan.
Speaker 4: Hi, Ryan, I.
Speaker 3: Was notified that you left a complaint after visiting our bakery department. Yeah, can you tell me what happened.
Speaker 5: Uh. Yeah, I came in to get a cake for my five year old's birthday party.
Speaker 4: Isn't that fun? Don't they grew up so fast? Oh? I bet it felt like just last week he was only four?
Speaker 5: Yeah he was or just a week ago?
Speaker 4: Crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sorry, go on, go on. What happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I asked for the cake he wanted, which was the Oreo cake, and I didn't check before I left, and when we got home it was just a regular chocolate cake.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it was fine. I mean I have to tell you to stop.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry to interrupt you, Ryan. I just need to know, is this inn a fish complaint? Then that you got the wrong type of chocolate cake for let's see here, seven dollars ninety nine cents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't think the price of the cake has anything to do with right, right.
Speaker 4: I'm just confirming. I'm just confirming, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that this is an official complaint you're filing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's an official complaint. It kind of was a big deal for a five year old.
Speaker 3: Great and three two one, Sir, we are so so deeply sorry that your poor child was forced to eat a cake. It wasn't quite the right flavor of chocolate. What is especially for seven dollars in ninety nine cents? I bet for that price you thought you deserved the world?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? What was that?
Speaker 4: That was our official apology?
Speaker 5: So so what your official apology comes with? Violin music? Sarcastic?
Speaker 3: Well, this may come across as surprising, but we get a lot of complaints here.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, sure, management.
Speaker 3: Wanted us to come across as more compassionate and understanding that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the music.
Speaker 5: You're right, that's the compassion. That seems to be like the opposite of compassion. It almost felt like you were making fun of me.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know where in the world you would get that from.
Speaker 5: Right there in your voice sounded like you were talking to a child.
Speaker 4: Did I just hear? Is that another complaint? Is that?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: That is a suggestion?
Speaker 4: Agree to one?
Speaker 5: Oh god?
Speaker 3: Because you know we would feel awful We said came across as sarcastic or insincere.
Speaker 4: Really believe every person.
Speaker 3: With a complaint deserves respect and dignity.
Speaker 4: Tone, I am so very sorry for your suffering.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 4: Did that make you feel better?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it made me feel angry. Interesting, Yeah, this is kind of bizarre that you couldn't get a cake right for a kid's birthday party.
Speaker 4: Still stuck on that, and.
Speaker 5: Someone made a little complaint, and now you're you're being kind of a jerk about the whole.
Speaker 3: Actually, in fact, I wanted to let you know that after I read your initial email, I cried at my desk for five minutes straight.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, over what.
Speaker 4: Your family had to endure.
Speaker 5: All right, you've belittled me on the phone call. You're talking down to me. You're making me feel like I'm in the wrong here. I demand a repond.
Speaker 4: This is troubling.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're gonna do it again.
Speaker 3: First, you came to us with a cake complaint that we ruined a five year old's birthday, even though everyone knows a five year old couldn't give a about what.
Speaker 4: Type of cake could get.
Speaker 5: Oh the language.
Speaker 3: Then you complained to again that I came across insensitive.
Speaker 5: Listen to yourself.
Speaker 3: And now you're demanding a refund on a purchase that costs less than a coffee at Starbucks.
Speaker 5: I don't even want the refund. I'd rather just get you fired. At the point, who are you what's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Brooke from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's a break phone call. Yeah, I get it now. I should have known.
Speaker 4: Hey, your wife Joanna sat you up for a phone tap. She said that you were.
Speaker 3: Overly upset about the five year old's cake situation.
Speaker 5: It was stressful, the kid freaked out on us. Oh, oh, there it is again.
Speaker 4: Does that mean that you're upset about what just happened? Because we feel so, so.
Speaker 5: Very bad here. Oh that is too good.
Speaker 3: Weeke up. Every morning was phone tap weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning