Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all, so.
Speaker 2: Don't given them back.
Speaker 1: A million bus busy.
Speaker 4: Listening to me. I don't joy joy you know you.
Speaker 2: Love turn.
Speaker 3: Turn I came.
Speaker 1: To turn the mouth, to turn.
Speaker 3: The probably got to turn the mouth, turn out to turn the water the money up, come.
Speaker 5: Come out, you.
Speaker 2: Think, Uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and all that Steve Harvey Man oh Man got a radio show, yep. Trying to make it work too. I'm not trying.
Speaker 6: I'm getting it. I'm getting it done to the best of my abilities. Now, something funny my father taught me. He says, son, when you've done all you can do, if you've done your absolute best and you look up and it didn't get the job done, take a deep breath and do some more. That used to bug me, man, when my father used to tell me that is the son, when you've done your absolute best and you think you can't do no more. You've done all you can and it still don't get the job done. Take yourself a deep breath and do some more, and you know what I found that has worked every single time, every single time, because what my father knew was that what you think is your breaking point or what you think is your all in all, he says, son, it's just something about it. Man, if you just gather yourself, you got a little bit more. Everybody got some more. And you know, I gotta be honest with you. It has worked. It has helped me greatly, and you know it. Everybody does have some more.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I tell that to my sons all the time. Dad, I did my best. Well, let mess you something else. Could you have done anything else? Could you have studied a little harder, Could you have shown up a little bit earlier, could you stayed a little bit later? Yeah, well then okay, that's what you should have done. Then see, there's always a way. But if you're going to create excuses, if you're gonna make them up all the time about why you don't get it done, I have a very, very sad a statement for you right now. You're never gonna get anything done. You're never gonna get to the top. Not to the top. You can get halfway up. Now, you can get a third of the whey up, you can get three quarters of the whey up. But if you don't have that little extra reserve in you, you're not getting to the top. The top is only reserved for those that have the wherewithal and the power to desire, the drive and the gut riching effort to get to the top. The top is reserved only for the top.
Speaker 2: It's just the top. There ain't but one top. Then the middle done, ain't it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: The top, the top of the mountain halfway is.
Speaker 6: A different view. At the top, things look different from up top. So if you want to get to the top of whatever your profession, your field, your career, whatever it is, you got to do extra.
Speaker 2: You have to do more. More is expected of you. More, but he is what's really crazy. More is required of you. Don't live your life in a laxadaisical state. Don't wake up.
Speaker 6: Every day with the feeling of, well, you know, whatever happens happens. Na man have a say so in your life.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: First of all, let me ask you something. Who has God? Name the person? How that God has given authority over you?
Speaker 6: Name the person? But who is the person? Nobody has domain over you. God didn't create that person. So what you're sitting here for man, what do you say, sitting here for letting people who do not know direct your path? Why are you worried about all these people with what they got to say about you and all these people with what they got to think about you? When here's the news flash, they don't know either. All these people that you overly concerned about, all these people that you go into these answers for, they need answers to.
Speaker 2: Stop. What are you doing here? Gather yourself for a minute. Here is a solution to all of that.
Speaker 6: You have one source that will be there for you to the end of time, and that is your relationship with God. That is the one thing that's solid and for show. He's behind the wall. He's in your jail cell. He rides with you in the police car. He's with you on your job up at the school. He's down there in the board meetings with you. He goes with you when you travel on planes. He says with you when you're in a relationship. He helps you with your parenting skills. He helps you. He's there to assist you. He show if you do the right things, he show you and guide you to your next job. When you lose your job and you think it's a rap. There's some good behind him. Man, God is always working on your behalf. To those that believe, you, just gotta believe. He don't ask you for nothing else.
Speaker 2: Believe in me. That's all He asks you to do. What you're tripping for.
Speaker 6: Man, And then when you make the decision to believe in him, and it comes out your mouth from time to time somewhere what you're worried about, what people say, What you're worried about, what they think for?
Speaker 2: Why who are they?
Speaker 6: They need God to you telling them you found something new that you're gonna give this a shot right here now. They got some yang yin yang and some yackety yakh to say about that when they need God too. That's what amazes me, man about people sit up in here, man, be knocking your eve and stuff. Look, if you're an atheist, man, do your thing, do your thing. But you can't create no laws. Why I can't do mine? That don't make no sense, Man, that makes no sense at all to me. You have the right to go be whatever you want to be. You know, if you don't you don't like the fact that I'm in school, got my head bowed down, and I'm saying a prayer for I take this test.
Speaker 2: Just don't buy your head.
Speaker 6: Don't you pray. But if some kids want to get together, that's some crazy mess. That's what happened in our schools. We took prayer out of schools. Now look at our schools. You send your child to school and someone else comes back home. That's a whole nother thing right here. That's not what I want to talk to you about. But I was just throwing it out because you know, hey, man, your relationship with God is essential to your success as a person. It's essential to your existence. It's essential to where you're trying to go and what you're trying to be. Because He made you. Why would you not talk to the person that made you to find out what he created you for. I ain't talking about your parents, who made your parents. This is God, we created in his image. Why would you not talk to your maker to see why you got made? That don't make sense to you. If you're sitting and gotten yourself in a situation. You're sitting in the jail cell somewhere, you locked up, you doing some time, man, be a good time for you to fly. But whatever your situation is, man, God can get you through it. He can give you the strength, the courage to wherewith all the understanding everything you need, the wisdom to get you through anything you going through. You just got a touch base with him. I need God every single day of my life. And what He's done for me man off the chain. But guess what He'll do the same thing for you.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come, uh to wake up, well not to wake up, because if you're listening to me, you should be already awake. I think the time has comeing to realize that you are awake, and how you got here was absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: I think that's the realization we need to come to that it ain't an automatic.
Speaker 6: So thank you, thank you, to thank you to the Creator for waking us up this morning, giving us this other chance and opportunity.
Speaker 2: That's how we do it right here.
Speaker 6: Steve Harby Morning Show, Shirley Strawberry, Colin for Real, Mississippi, Monica Junior, and the Legend of Nephew Tommy. Well, Well looked like something happened. So yeah, you know, I can always tell he just looks so yeah, I can't. I can always tell what man, well, Junior.
Speaker 2: Here you man, you know deal either.
Speaker 8: I don't think y'all, y'all don't appreciate it because I'm serious.
Speaker 9: I'm coming y'all with love right now.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying that.
Speaker 8: Bob says, so a man thinking so so a man thinking so he is. So I'm with Tommy on this one now time. No, No, I'm with you on the time because I believe. No, I just want to be handsome. I think I'm handsome now, and I think if I think it so, it should be.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm thinking.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking it because Tommy had a point. Why would I set up here just agree to be ugly. I don't why would.
Speaker 2: We be doing that. I don't want nobody saying nothing go ahead with because so.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking, if I'm fine, it should be because Tommy thinking all the time. Don't nobody, he don't even waiver it when y'all say he ugly start doing that.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you just this one question speak because Tommy think it right. But see you see what I'm saying. What I'm trying to help you understand when it comes to physical attributes.
Speaker 2: You can think it. All you want.
Speaker 4: You is what you is.
Speaker 2: Let's speak clear.
Speaker 10: God see you know what y'all been ugly so long that you just want everybody else to be there with you.
Speaker 6: See, and all y'all want to use the Bible quote a man is has he thinking? But have you see his other verses in that too?
Speaker 9: To thine own See.
Speaker 6: If you can just start with being truthful with yourself, it'll help us all out.
Speaker 2: We ain't got to We ain't got to sit here and look at y'all and try to go along with this. If y'all were just to thine.
Speaker 6: Own self be true and then and then and then you said what Tommy said, there's another scripture. It's a commandment dous should not bear a false witness, uh see. And if you know he ugly and then you try to tell us he cute to me, you band false with you, see what I'm saying. What you're not going to do is use the large words to try to justify how both y'all looking, do you feel?
Speaker 2: How you want to feel? They ain't got nothing to do with me, Shirley Collar and Monica.
Speaker 1: After the hour, we're going to run that prank back with the nephew.
Speaker 2: You accuse the Brie sometime, but you're still here, you're.
Speaker 1: Listening morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back what you got for his neph.
Speaker 2: We're dealing with a jesub Surely, would you explain what a Jezebel is your go to though for it?
Speaker 1: My grandma needs to call me that when I Jesus, when I had on like red nails or something. Yeah, it she's kind of this wayward woman in the Bible. I mean, that's the best way to put it. You know, I'll just leave it like that.
Speaker 10: Well, this right here is that this is the Jezebel's spirit, that Jezebel spirit, and we can't have that in our church.
Speaker 2: We just don't. We don't.
Speaker 10: We don't tolerate that Jezebel spirit round here, all right. Yeah, red nails, red dresses and red hats and all of that Jezebel spirit.
Speaker 2: Cat dog, if you.
Speaker 7: Hold hello, hello, I'm trying to reach Alicia. All right, all right, all right, you may not know my boys, but I'm sure you probably know me if you saw me. But I'm brother Greg at the church.
Speaker 11: Okay, how you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 7: I'm ared to to stur of your evening. I wanted to reach out to you the uh, you know, the workers at the church. We had a meeting. Uh, a lot of the deacons and the sisters at the church, the have come to uh had a meeting, and and I wanted to give you a call. Not Melanie, Melanie, that's that's that's your sister, right yeah, that's my sister.
Speaker 11: That's my baby sister.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, well, now we got a bit of a problem, but uh uh uh. They felt that it would be best for me to call you and discuss it with you and and.
Speaker 4: Let you know what the you know what they have agreed upon. I'm just basically the messenger and I'm just calling you to give you the word of what's going on.
Speaker 7: Okay, brother, right yeah, brother Greg grig agree.
Speaker 11: You know, uh huh your wife is in the choir, right, uh yeah, yeah, okay, okay, I know, I think I know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, okay, all right, Well, like I said, Sister Alicia, what the officials of the church are saying is that they they're saying that they have reason to believe that your sister has been having an affair with with pastors and your your sister Melanie, and they saying she's having and had an affair with having an affair with pastor not like I said, I'm just the.
Speaker 11: Messenger, Okay, So why are y'all calling me about something? Melany doing well with me?
Speaker 7: Like like I said, the officials had a meeting, and what they're saying is this is nothing but a Jezebel's spirit and what they don't want.
Speaker 4: No, wait, wait, wait a minute, you be a rude. Now come on, and.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm gonna here you at now you just hear me out.
Speaker 7: Now they're saying that this is a Jezebel spirit and they would rather all of the family not be welcome at the church anymore.
Speaker 11: Okay, first of all, where are you delivering a message to me about my sister? If you have a problem with my sister, seems like you will be calling my sister. Now we shoot step of people. So why are you calling me about my sister about a rumor? And now you're saying, y'all don't want me in the church. Is that's what you're saying.
Speaker 4: For the entire family.
Speaker 7: So if you got some brothers sisters, Auntie. They won't because they evidently all of the ladies in the Thompson family hell some type of Jezebel spirit and they don't want.
Speaker 11: To wait wait, wait a minut. Now you did just like I said. Now, be be mindful who you're speaking to, calling somebody a Jezebel, because what you can't do is call somebody and accuse somebody and then call them a derogatory word. Come about somebody a Jezebel and a Jezebel. Now you being ruth sir.
Speaker 7: It's a Jezebel spirit, is what they were saying.
Speaker 11: Okay, that's got to be the most asinine, foolish and that's I have ever heard.
Speaker 12: In my life.
Speaker 11: Who done that? Who are you to call me? Don't ask me no like that? You calling me like some bush. But who cast they got a Jezabel? Sir? That's w call somebody. Kids, come out.
Speaker 12: You got a bad ass kid?
Speaker 11: Does your mama ra a Jezebel?
Speaker 7: Still don't wait wait a minute, I'm just.
Speaker 11: Does your mama? Does your red en sit where I'm wife? Out of Jezebel's spirit? Your ass?
Speaker 12: That's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 11: You're gonna mess around and get your ass whip and get drugs through the damn pool kit around with the time.
Speaker 7: Well, as of right now, the family can't come.
Speaker 4: To the church.
Speaker 11: You think we want to be around a church that got people across up asking me, I show, damn do I have a Jezebel, But you never.
Speaker 7: Answered the question do you have one?
Speaker 11: I might have a rehabs fear. Now you know she was a good Bible.
Speaker 12: Now I remember this damn church for the last eight year.
Speaker 11: I don't say plenty of tide to this damn church and attack the problem.
Speaker 12: Meet have a problem with me, Alicia? Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 7: Let me say this and then I'm gonna be before.
Speaker 11: You say another damn word. You need to apologize and think to like you got some wis Okay?
Speaker 4: Can I say this?
Speaker 11: Go ahead? Go ahead? I apologize.
Speaker 4: Okay, I apologize because this is if youw Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show and you just got pranked by your sister Melanie.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna kick y'all lass.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 11: The girl you guys, Melanie asked the dad.
Speaker 7: I don't know who the lady is in the choir with the red list stick I have no earthly idea.
Speaker 12: I have been a long time. Now, wait, you don't walk.
Speaker 7: Oh God, I love church people.
Speaker 4: I love church people.
Speaker 7: Hey, let me ask yourself. What is the baddest radio show with the lay.
Speaker 11: Walking board the show?
Speaker 2: All right? All jebel.
Speaker 1: Uh coming up? Coming up next, it is asked the CLO with our Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey and the building you're listening Morning show coming up at the top of the hour. And entertainment news. Jill Scott is trending after she applauded Chris Brown's disc track. Boxer Ryan Garcia is bragging about drinking every night after his win over Devin Hainey. Plus Uncle Luke. Remember rapper Luther Campbell, Well he might run for Congress. Okay, conference, Donald Trump can be president.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo. This runs from Jin in Spartanburg. Jin says, I'm married and my husband cheated on me with a younger woman. She called me trying to get me to set my husband up in a hotel room. But I'm too old to play games. When I confronted my husband. He said, I should have played along with her because she's lying. Is he innocent or is he running game on me?
Speaker 6: Come on, come to dog. The best defense is a strong our. I should have went along with it because she lined my whole strong dog. I'm gonna tell you right now, I don't know if he lines right. I'm gonna tell you what. It was a cold movie made though. I can't tell you that he lined. But I'm telling you it's a strong move he made.
Speaker 2: It has it has a cause you to have doubts, and in the court of law, reasonable all you need is one jewelry.
Speaker 6: Remember one jewelry. Remember, have reasonable doubt and you can go free. So I applaud him for that response. You know, you said, you know he cheated on you, but then you really really don't. So uh, you know, you said he cheated on you with a younger woman, and she called, well if you know that, and you know the rest of it. But obviously he said you should have went along with it because she lied, And I really like that in him. So yeah, you know, so that has caused me to ponder and go, wowd in doubt, doubt, there is doubt now strong, strong dude, strong, instantly strong too.
Speaker 2: Let me let me, let me, let me get it, let me give it to the people. Give it a.
Speaker 1: Come on now, Damon and Montgomery. Right, I went to Atlanta to get liposection, and I trusted my best friend to drive me home. After words, he took pictures of me and all bandaged and bruised and shared them on our group chat. As long as I heal. As soon as I heal, I'm whooping him. Is there a better solution?
Speaker 2: No, that's pretty good right there. I think that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a guy, Damon and Montgomery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a what you gonna talk to.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's what gets good to ask who I think? I think you are the whooping And then when he gets bandaged though, you post that we posted since yeah, you know, since we posted.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ok, post.
Speaker 1: Four men are getting plastic surgery and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that for you two could get it. Y'all have been talking about being ugly?
Speaker 13: Is that what you did?
Speaker 2: I don't know what they.
Speaker 1: Watched? All right? Moving on, dang, Steve, moving on, tell.
Speaker 4: Them all.
Speaker 10: Sequila and ugly people, ugly people be they just they'd be ugly and they be ugly ugly spirit were.
Speaker 2: The clo.
Speaker 1: Shequila and Fort Lauderdale says, my five year old went to preschool and told her teacher that her mom's boyfriend squeezes her mom's neck. Yes, that's how my boyfriend kisses me by gently choking on me, and I love it. How do I explain that to my child's teacher? Though, Well, that.
Speaker 2: Don't sound good to nobody. I ain't you know.
Speaker 6: No, I gly kissed my wife. I don't wrap my head around her thoat squeeze a little bit.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: Don't anybody finished play like this? Yeah? Yeah, they finished. Oh I'm gonna just tell you right now. They finn take your baby.
Speaker 1: Child protective.
Speaker 6: You fel lose your child, your child. Yeah, they'll come to the house and find really going on. Can he telled me like that too? But he kissed me baby, her boyfriend. That's how he kissed me too. I don't like it, thought, that's what the baby saying. Oh my goodness, yeah, cause he had choked me one time and my my cracker.
Speaker 2: Came up a little bit. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you finel lose your baby.
Speaker 1: Next one ship oh my last one, last one?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: This is from Alicia in Woodbridge, who says I had a fling with a guy I met online and we knew we weren't compatible, but this X was great. He's turning fifty this year and he called to say he wants to get married and he's interested in me. Would I be? Would I be nuts to take him up on this offer?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you're not compatible and you're gonna marry a person. How that sounds?
Speaker 6: How that's gonna come with y'all not having great sex? You know, y'all gonna have to sit around and talk.
Speaker 2: It's the same person you don't like and nothing, the.
Speaker 6: Same person you don't like. Baby, babe, babe, shut up talking. That's going in this Shut up talking, you talk about nothing?
Speaker 2: They think? Hod ho, don't quit asking yourself? That's going in this.
Speaker 6: No, No, don't want to go to church, it's going this bedroom. What well when we down at church with you?
Speaker 2: For Yeah, this is.
Speaker 6: Y'all like walking in those sunset sunset, Get on up in his bed where we where we belong?
Speaker 2: You know what we do.
Speaker 6: Don't gonna be walking and talking, holding hands, making plans and stuff.
Speaker 1: Can they go to the movies?
Speaker 7: They no?
Speaker 2: Damn movie. Get on up in this bed. What they got down there at that movie gonna be better than what we doing.
Speaker 3: What let's go?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna vote?
Speaker 2: Vote? Don't mean no vote, Get up in his bed like you vote our vote? We in now both don't get in there Trump? Trump?
Speaker 9: Biding up in the office.
Speaker 2: What they gotta do with?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: What they gotta do with?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Hold us together? Baby?
Speaker 6: Baby bag? And walking to me about saving my nag? We got we gonna make it? Why would we save money? Why is you still talking? Why don't we get up in this bed?
Speaker 1: Hey all, we got to do more than just sleep together.
Speaker 2: And grasp all we do to go. You was on line with me when you met. You know that's all we do. We have great set.
Speaker 1: We ain't compatible, right, I'm breaking up with you. Coming up.
Speaker 2: Right our swipe lip. I don't even know how we eat him.
Speaker 1: We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening morning show, all right? So Jill Scott is trending after complimenting Chris Brown and his talent and skills. After she after he dropped the disc track about Quavo, Jill tweeted quote Chris Brown is amazing. How does anybody sing like that, dance, look at act and rap like that? Beyond gifted? It appears exceptional people have to go through exceptional And then she put the fire emoji up. She said, there's nothing to debate. A follower on social media responded to Jill's post, saying, I think the women he's abused with this agree. Jill replied and mentioned her mother's abusive personal experience as well. She also responded to the backlash, saying, in part, years of prayer therapy self reflection has made me more compassionate for other human beings. She went on to say, we say we believe in God, pray for enlightenment. So today's question is if Rihanna has forgiven Chris Brown, shouldn't everyone else? That's the question basically.
Speaker 2: So we know social media ain't gonna forgive nothing.
Speaker 1: Nothing should Yeah, it's yeah, but I mean there's no denying that Chris Brown is a major talent. I mean, how can you work a Jill on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean he's singing, he could dance just like she said, and we just found out he can wrap.
Speaker 2: How long ago was the Rihanna incident? Wow? So now let's go.
Speaker 6: Let's see how long do you have to hold a person to a mistake they made. Secondly, who are you to hold anybody to a mistake they made when I'm almost certain one thousand percent that you have made as many as many mistakes, how many times? It's just that people want to people want to put over, people want to weighe sin.
Speaker 2: Sin is sin. You can't weigh it. You can't weigh it.
Speaker 6: You know, committing adultree is just like anything else, is one of the sins. If that's what it is, you know, you you could, you could call it what you want to call it. I think the young man should be forgiven for his mistake, his past transgression, and be allowed.
Speaker 2: To get up and move on with his life. And you can't keep holding him to that and like and like.
Speaker 6: For example, when he was denied playing into the NBA All Star Celebrity All Star Game because he got pushed back from one of them soda pop companies or whatever they call. They got a lot of nerves, man, they got a lot of nerves. You you can't, you can't continue to do that to a person. It's not right, Yeah, it's not right. And it was the incident with Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Wow that.
Speaker 6: Look, Bill O'Reilly has made mistakes. He's back on TV in different capacity. You know, they got rid of Don Lemon. Don Lemon, Look what happened to Don Lemmit? He got his money and he back on TV. Chris Cromo has a show. He's back on TV. Don Imus made the comment about the w NBA girls players and then guess what he was back on rape College? You know about the college nappyheaded? Yes, yeah, and all of that, and guess what he went back on TV? Excuse me? Donald Trump nineteenth? Donald Trump, y'all got a lot of nerves. Donald Trump had an affair with the pornos. Stop paid the porno stop off. The check is that he on trial for that now. And guess what, y'all still fitting the vote for him? Man, y'all miss me, y'all, y'all need to come on. Y'all have selective forgiveness. And that's all I got to say. You sitting up in here talking about that, and you want to hold a man accountable for that, you can't. It's it's not the way it works. If you still don't find a way to vote for Donald Trump, because it serves your purposes.
Speaker 10: I think that's a little different, dog, because we're talking about Black America. When we're talking about Chris Brown, you know what I mean we.
Speaker 1: Talked about are you saying he's been held in more accountable all.
Speaker 13: Talking about I think you said talking about Comunity All Star two though that he was saying they canceled Chris Brown's appearances, So that was corporate too, Okay, Now has.
Speaker 6: We are no we We are the worst, the worst social media in our own community. We have no one to blame for this except ourselves. This ain't what the white man did to us. This ain't the system, This ain't got nothing to do with slavery. This is us gulifying one another and destroying us. As soon as we see somebody get a little leg up on us, let's snatch.
Speaker 2: His ass down. And we don't nobody do that better than us on social media. It's a real tragedy. What's happening to us?
Speaker 6: Man, and we have no one to blame but ourselves, all because we want to be out front with some lights and follow.
Speaker 2: Us click click click.
Speaker 1: All right, So moving on to this story, boxer Ryan Garcia, you guys were talking about the fight yesterday, admitted to drinking and partying, uh then actually fighting before his fight with Devin Haney. Take a listen, walk through the fire and still hold it down and still beat Devin Haney, and still drink every day and still beat them. And I swell, I did everything. Not what the hey, what happened? False reality?
Speaker 13: Right, drank every single night, went out on the first Monday and a Tuesday and drink, and what happened?
Speaker 2: I won? He did come down.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily wait wait wait, not necessarily. Am I proud of that?
Speaker 9: But I'm just saying this is it was a statement to show you you guys can't really.
Speaker 14: Me wow, champion behavior. Well, I'm going right now, that's not sustainable. Through that, It's not sustainable.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, showing up at twenty minutes after the hour, We'll talk about the MET Gala right after this. You're listening hard morning show. According to Vogue magazine, affectionately referred to as Fashion's Biggest night out, the MET Gala twenty twenty four is a fundraising benefit for the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. The twenty twenty four MET Gala will take place on Monday, May sixth, and we'll celebrate the Costume Institute's new exhibition, Sleeping Beauties, Reawakening Fashion. Of course, we can't wait to see the celebrities and their costumes on the red carpet. So, Steve blue Cheese, you're into fashion.
Speaker 7: We know that.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. What are some essential tips for well dressed man? And Jerre Well?
Speaker 6: All I could tell you is this, and this has not been put out there, but my stylist Ellie Caramo Eli Caaramo, has been selected by Vogue to design the dress for a well known person that.
Speaker 2: We all know.
Speaker 1: Wow, congratulation.
Speaker 6: He does does sketches, he's asking fashion, he does sketches. He did twenty two sketches, showed them to me. I picked the dress that I thought was the bombing out of his twenty two selections, so he sent everything to Vogue. Vogue picked the exact same dress that I picked. That's why they come kid you not, That's that's just some inside information. Ellie said, Man, oh gee, they picked the same dress you picked, and you know the person that he's dressing, and it's by Vogue, and you are.
Speaker 2: Not going to give it away. It's a cliffhanger.
Speaker 6: But what they have on that night you will see them and it will be a combination of Vogue and Ellie Caromo design for the met gallup.
Speaker 1: That is really great.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: He loves fashion, he lives it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all he do.
Speaker 6: He he ain't good and nothing else anyway, Sherry carry shooting nothing?
Speaker 2: You playing that. He ain't playing no real cards. He can't drive other than that though he did.
Speaker 6: But now let me say this as far as the essential tips for dressing, Yeah, stop wearing them damn T shirts and buy your ass something other than some sneakers. Sneakers, don't go with everything. Stop believing that. Get your ass some shoes and buy yourself some shirts with some damn collars on it, and act like your ass is grown.
Speaker 1: Fashion tips from Uncle Steve.
Speaker 10: You know what I'd like to see, though, I'd like to see you give Ellie drivers driving lessons and let's video it.
Speaker 2: I'd like to.
Speaker 10: Who Ellie all use your Ellie driving lessons and let's video it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't have no call Ellie could try to learn. You better go on there and get one of the school calls on the side.
Speaker 1: Driving all right, coming car coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour. We're going to check your voicemail Steve at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve. Right after this, you're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show. It is time now to check your voicemail Steve eight seven seven twenty nine. Steve. You can call if you want to leave a message for Steve. You might just hear your call on the air. Here we go. This is from James in Memphis. James left a message about fashion Steve.
Speaker 4: Hey, Steve, this is James Man. I would just call it to congratulate you that you'll bring and the veil.
Speaker 2: Bottom of back and you look.
Speaker 6: Real shock man, I'm so entirely tight clothes you can't believe yourself.
Speaker 4: So Steve, thank you. Bro set the styles for the Kings in America.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm glad they breaking them back because I really upset that I threw so many of my clothes away because.
Speaker 2: Lord versus War had them already.
Speaker 6: That's why, you know, it ain't even a stretch for me to wear like the veil bottoms and flat leg parents, because I grew up in that.
Speaker 2: That was my first you know, when I was in high school man, that was it.
Speaker 6: The veil bottoms, flat legs. You know, that's what's happening now. That's what's coming out of Paris and Italy right now on fully a ride in America yet because European, the Italians and the French a year in front, so what you can buy over there won't be a vail here for a year. The facts, I'm not that's just facts and so uh you know, we had started, uh with some designs in that area and then it took off. I'm not taking credit for it. I'm just saying we had we had already started. So so when they started coming out this year, already had them because I was getting them made last year.
Speaker 2: Oh good, I'm already we was making them last year.
Speaker 1: You trendsetter, you fashion.
Speaker 2: I can't help now.
Speaker 1: Why did they call you blue cheese again?
Speaker 2: Because I'll be dressing.
Speaker 1: I love that. This is from Robin Santa Monica. H He left a message about.
Speaker 4: The w n B A St. Steve.
Speaker 5: This is rib from Santa Monica, California. Want to give a shout out to all y'all in the Morning show. Carlo, Mississippi, Monica. Shirley of course, nephew Tommy and on, and of course the man mister Steve Harvey himself. I wanted to speak real quick on Shirtley brought up the disparity between the WNBA players salary and the NBA player.
Speaker 2: Salary real quick.
Speaker 5: Something that people don't think about is that there's only twelve teams.
Speaker 4: In the WNBA.
Speaker 5: There's only twelve teams versus thirty teams in the NBA. So of course you ain't gonna make the same amount of money. What the WNBA needs to do is try to fill out more teams in the league.
Speaker 4: Number one.
Speaker 5: Number two, stop playing basketball in the summer. When my team loses in the NBA, I don't feel like watching no basketball in the summertime. Summertimes for vacations is hot. Ain't nobody trying to be up in the old stadium with some folks or whatever watching the game all day. You're trying to be out, You're trying to go on vacation and things like that. And so what the WNBA needs to do is have their season during basketball season with everybody else. You notice that the NCAA Women's Tournament ain't no viewers. They making way more money and it's getting way more viewers than the w n b A. So the w n b A is losing to their own counterparts in college, whereas the NBA is not losing to the NCAA tournament as far as viewership and as far as revenue. So I just wanted to say that real quick. I love what y'all doing. God bless y'all peace.
Speaker 2: You know what, he has a valid point.
Speaker 4: He really.
Speaker 2: Great voice to rob.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you know, because I was looking at the zoom and they were just you know, holding the patting their hand everything, you know, fixing their clothes and stuff.
Speaker 2: So I've even known that about.
Speaker 6: It, but I thought I thought they I thought he had a valid point because I've often said that too. Man, that the summer time, but they want to pick summer because there's nothing else on.
Speaker 2: But the summer is just not a good look.
Speaker 6: Man. TV season goes down in the summer. They don't start back up to the fall because first of all, it gets dark on the East coast at nine o'clock. Ain't nobody in house watching no aim at seven. And he's exactly right about that. He is one thousand percent correct. And I hadn't even thought about it like that. But that's true, and you need some more damn teeth, and then you need bodies in the seats, and ain't nobody going in there in the summer. They got a couple of problems, but they be balling, man, and they got to find a way put that stuff on during the season.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was just twelve teen. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it is the nephew and today's prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is he makes excuses for her body count. We'll get into that find out what that's really all about in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call. Nephew, what is it today?
Speaker 2: Early?
Speaker 10: We got to get out of these school the kids you got this napping. Half, I got to call these parents and tell them about these kids. Half, you got to call these parents and let them know about these kids. Half it's nappy.
Speaker 1: Hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no hair. People can talk, Shirley, because we don't.
Speaker 9: We don't have to cut you out hard if you call.
Speaker 10: That's the objective. Thus the objective. Thank you, that is my sole purpose.
Speaker 4: Call.
Speaker 10: We're gonna call about this this this, this child's when he called a parent about this child's hair. We got to fix. We got snapping hair. Let's go get dog napping hair.
Speaker 4: Hello. Hello, I'm trying to get Francis. Hey, friends, how you doing. My name is Darryl. Our kids they go to our together. Oh yeah, yeah, your daughter's Kaitlin, right, Yes, okay, my son is DJ Daryl Junior. I think I have met you at the beginning of the school year. You remember meeting me, Darryl.
Speaker 12: Oh, I met a lot of people. I'm sorry, I can't place you right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, I no problem. Hey, listen, I was getting a call. You know, there's only a handful of black kids at the school, you know, being a private school and all, and we the black parents, we all got together and had a meeting a couple of nights ago.
Speaker 12: Okay, you said all the black parents.
Speaker 5: Okay, I wasn't there.
Speaker 12: Why wasn't I called?
Speaker 4: Well, we actually had a meeting about your daughter, Kaitlyn.
Speaker 12: Well what about Kaylyn? Is she is there a problem at school? That she's crazy or something? I don't even know about what's.
Speaker 4: Going on with well, actually were you know, we feel privileged to be you know, you know, like I said, there's only a handful of blacks, and we try to carry ourselves in a dignified way, our presence, our attitude, the way we handle ourselves. And you know, Kayla's doing very good in school from what I understand, and very nice with all the rest of the kids. She's getting along. That's not the problem. What we're trying to get is the grooming of Kaitlyn. You know, Kaitlyn has these braids, and what we were trying to do is give you know, we had a meeting about it.
Speaker 12: We want to hold on hold of did you just say her grooming something wrong with her groomings.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not necessarily her clothing, of course, you know, the kids were the uniforms, but the braids. You know, we want to represent ourselves with a lot of dignity. The way we carry ourselves. We want to be, you know, pretty much nice and clean, spitting polished. We would really prefer for her hair was straight and opposed to being braided up, you know, union that kind of gives off a ghetto type of look to it. And that's what we're trying to avoid.
Speaker 12: Are you crazy? Is something wrong with you? You don't have First of all, how the hell you get my numb If you couldn't call me for the meeting, why are you calling me now?
Speaker 4: Well, like I said, man, the meeting was to get the general consensus on where all the parents feel in the same way about your daughter and her braids. You know, we're just trying to keep everything classy when it comes to the blacks that attendant skills. There's only ten of us, you know, ten children attending you.
Speaker 12: What you can attend you can what you can attend to is this on hanging up in your face. You tell the parents, all of them for me. Y'all can go straight and hit rock bottom out of hell talking about my child and her braids. Her braids are ethnic, they are nice, she is wearing brooms.
Speaker 15: And I don't know how in the hell.
Speaker 12: You got my telephone number. But tell all the parents for me, the kids to crack of mine.
Speaker 4: You know what. Listen, First of all, I don't like the way that you're talking to me. Okay, I carry myself with class, with dignity. I'm spitting polished man to subject of the history. I can just as ghetto as her hairstyle.
Speaker 12: And let me say something real ghetto to your Okay, you and all parents can hit rock from out of hell. Don't call me no more with no like this. This is ignorant. I'm far beyond this.
Speaker 4: My child is well groomed. She is going to go to that.
Speaker 12: As a matter of fact, as much money as it costs to go there to y'all should have been meeting on how we can get together and pay the tuition. How about that?
Speaker 4: Are you trying to sit here and tell me that you got a problem taking her brains down and wearing her hair straight so she can look a lot more classy than what she looks right now. It's a pathetic look that she's having right now.
Speaker 12: You know what I don't. What's your hair look like? Take a picture of your self and send it to me texted to me since you get the Folkes phone numbers, and give it to you. Take a picture of your self and text it to me. I bet you you looked like who would have thought it? My daughter's braids are gonna stay up for the rest of the year. As a matter of fact, we ain't gonna even rebrate it. It's gonna stay that way, so it should be mad at and represent that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Francis, Listen, I don't I don't want to argue. I just wanted to call and see if we could actually, you know, come to a medium on this. Do you think that there's a possibility that I mean, when I'm picking up DJ tomorrow after school? Would would it be all right if I picked up little Kayla and brought her home and let my wife do our hair?
Speaker 12: Please? I wish she would pick my daughter up and see what the hell I do. I'm gonna call my husband and him to come over your house and whoop your after he braves, Yo, I wish you would pick up my Do I call the police on As a matter of fact, you're gonna have to call the police on me and my usband Steward and see what happens.
Speaker 4: Ma'am. I'm just trying to get some class here. That's all we wanted. We're not wanting to fight with you. It's just the blacks here. We think that we want a little bit more classy look of the way we are groom. That's the only thing we're looking for only person who's.
Speaker 12: Gonna be taking the classes when we get to what you're gonna be taking the class? How about that? I can't stand up like you y'all get five dollars and one penny in your box. Didn't think you better than everybody else. You're forgetting where you came from. As a matter of fact, what's your what's your name? Because I'm calling the principal on your day, give me your name and mister who what's your name?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Uh, that's that's that's that's that's not that's not really what my name is.
Speaker 12: But that's what told me when you first What is your real name?
Speaker 4: My name is my name? My real name is Tommy Thomas. No, no, my last name either.
Speaker 12: What what the hell is your name?
Speaker 4: Do you know? My name is Tommy nephew Tommy from the Steve Hobby Morning Show. Your husband Keith got me the prank phone call. Oh you.
Speaker 15: Be Oh my god, you got me ready to click yo ps el cool and there I'll tell you.
Speaker 12: What she get out for the rest of the week.
Speaker 4: He told me, he said, Man, he said, it don't take but about two and a half minutes for my wife to go off.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 4: It don't take for two and a half. He said, you're right, calm down. What what? I got one more thing to ask you. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 12: You know, it's the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Here, you come on, get it. What y'all want to y'all want to march on? Nappy? What y'all want to do?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What?
Speaker 2: I'm mad?
Speaker 7: What what?
Speaker 2: I don't have anything to say to you care for?
Speaker 10: I am not my hair, all right, I am not my half. The nephew was coming town. Let's see where I'm going next. I am may fifth. It is the Netflix is a joke festival. Netflix is a joke festival, YouTube theater. Let that be laugh, hosted by yours truly. We got cav on stage.
Speaker 2: We got Tony Baker, Lavell Crawford, JJ Williamson hosted by yours truly. And we got Fred Hammon in a live band.
Speaker 10: Yeah all right, we got a gospel icon Fred Hammond in the building.
Speaker 2: All right, it's all going down. And that is a clean comedy show right there, clean clean, clean, no profanity allowed. So the whole family can come out and have a good time Sunday night. Let there be people just want to point that, yes, well we will jokes.
Speaker 6: We're cussing in it to point that out to k Franklin, I'm living witness.
Speaker 2: They holl yes, as Hart, that was a.
Speaker 1: Great tour to see. Yes by all right, Tommy, Well thank your coming up next Strawberry Letter. The subject is he makes excuses for her body count. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Morning show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter. What was that? My boy say't bag?
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you nephew. A subject he makes excuses for her body count. Dear Stephen Shirley, one of my oldest friends got reacquainted with a girl. We went to high school with and he was so excited that she wants him. He is trying to marry her. My husband and I invited them to dinner, and I purposely did not tell my husband anything about the ladies past. I let him meet her and form his own opinion just from sitting and talking to them for two hours. My husband said that my friend is so caught up by her beauty. There's nothing I can do or say about this girl to make him leave her. This woman is thirty three years old now, and she slowed down a lot and said she's in love with my friend and ready to be a wife. She left high school early to go to Arizona to live with a pro basketball player. I heard she later got a ged, but there's no proof of it. After he dumped her, she got with the Chicago Bulls player and moved to Chicago to be with him. That didn't last because his wife found out about the affair and ran her out of town. There have been so many rumors circling that she has been having sex for money to keep up the lifestyle. Then she started selling the expensive gifts that she got from her man. From her men, she has been called a professional side chick for years. Her only saving grace is that she's beautiful and that her body's still tight. But now that she's got lots of mileage on that perfect body, she wants to settle down with my nerdy friend because he's wealthy. I asked my friend how he could overlook her body count, and he said that she never had any children with these men, so he's allowing her to wipe her slate clean and start over. My husband said, it's too late. My friend is sprung, but how can he overlook her body count? Mind your business? I mean you're judging this woman who could very well be more mature, now change for the better and ready to settle down. I mean, these are rumors. You said it in the letter. These are things you've heard about this woman. How do you know if a word of it is true? Is she selling her body now? Is she a gold digger?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: For her to have done all the things you claim and her looks and body are still intact, I'll just say this, she doesn't look like what she's been through like many of us.
Speaker 2: And so what.
Speaker 1: If your friend is mesmerized by her beauty? Men are visual, don't you know that? And they love beautiful women. Your friend is wealthy. You say, well, that's what many wealthy men do. They go after they married, they date beautiful women. Look around, look around. Businessmen do it, athletes do it, entertainers do it.
Speaker 2: And on.
Speaker 1: This is life and how the world works. I mean, I would be way more concerned if she was a horrible person and you said she was ugly on the inside. But you didn't say that, So I don't get what your problem with any of this is. Your friend is a grown man. Your husband is right, it is too late. Your friend is sprung and they're in love. I think you need to worry about your own marriage and let them be happy.
Speaker 2: Steve, You know what, I see a letter full of redemption, and then I see this hat them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Now I want to read the letter line by line and I'm gonna point out the redemption, and then I'm gonna show you the.
Speaker 2: Hate, because that's all it is.
Speaker 6: And then maybe I had time to do all this, and then y'all can ask me questions on the second half.
Speaker 2: How can a man do this?
Speaker 6: Okay, let's go din Shirley. One of my old friends got reacquainted with a girl. We went to high school with, and he's so excited that she wants him. He's trying to marry her. Now, my husband and I, now, so this is a woman writing this letter. Now, so my husband and I invited them to dinner, and I purposely didn't tell my husband anything about the lady's past.
Speaker 2: Obviously the lady.
Speaker 6: Your husband don't know the lady, right, I let him meet her and form his own opinion. And for sitting and talking to him for two hours, my husband said that my friend is so caught up by her beauty that there's nothing I can do or say about this girl to make him leave her.
Speaker 2: Okay, now we've got that out the way. Now let's start going.
Speaker 6: This woman is thirty three years old, and now she's This woman is thirty three years old, and now she has slowed down a lot. That's called redemption. That's called learning from your mistakes. Slowed down a lot. But then, you know, what are we really talking about?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 6: She says she's in love with my friend and whether it to be a wife. Okay, that's redemption. That's a good thing. She left high school early to go to Arizona to live with a pro basketball player.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't. Young people make mistakes. You can make a mistake.
Speaker 6: Left high school early to go to Arizona to live with a basketball player. That's a youthful decision. Man, Do you know how many decisions I made as a young person. Oh my god, I heard, oh hearsay rumor. I heard she later got a ged, But there's no proof of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what Wow? She thirty three.
Speaker 6: After he dumped her, she got with a Chicago bull playing moved to Chicago to.
Speaker 2: Be with him.
Speaker 6: Man, y'all, look it, I ain't no fun. I thought this was her friend right now. No, no, no, no, no, the demand is her free friend. Oh that's why she being so doggish towards this woman. That didn't last because his wife found out about the affair and ran high to town. So maybe she didn't know the dude was married. Maybe he just moved up there. You don't know, But you don't know none of the been so many rumors circling, rumors that she's been having sex for money to keep up the lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Steve, all right, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letters. Subject he makes excuses for her body count. We'll get back into this letter right after this. You're listening Morning show. All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's letter. The subject is, he makes excuses for her body count.
Speaker 6: Here's this woman who's got this male friend and went to high school with him, and he'd have met this new girl. Obviously, she didn't care for the girl back in high school, so she invited them out to dinner with her and her husband so he could pass judgment for herself. After two hours of conversation, he decided this man ain't going nowhere because she sprung on her looks.
Speaker 2: Let's get this out the way. Damn.
Speaker 1: She fine, she's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Listen to me. I'm talking about putt.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: You say the woman is thirty three and she'd have slowed down a lot. Okay, redemption, people change. She's in love with my friend and ready to be a wife. Okay, that's good. She left high school early to go to Arizona LID with a pro basketball player. Okay, you make mistakes when you're young. I heard she later got ged, but there's no proof of it, you know, GEDs don't really up your life that much. I'm just gonna go and tell you that right there. High school diplomas ain't done all that much for me either. So I got a high school diploma. I ain't ever been able to flash that. Ain't nobody faith it's got a high school diplomb out. I ain't ever been able to flex with that work. Not now, damn time. After he dumped us, she got with the Chicago bull player, moved to Chicago. That didn't last because his wife found out about their fan and she ran her out of town.
Speaker 2: Okay, another mistake.
Speaker 6: There been so many rumors, rumors, rumors, ladies circling that she's been having sex for money to keep up the lifestyle. Let's stop right here. She's been having sex for money. Men use money for sex. It's been the exchange since.
Speaker 2: The beginning of time. Women have give sex for money, men give money for sex.
Speaker 6: Now, if it's a direct transaction, that's prostitution, yep.
Speaker 2: But the other transaction is called dating.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 2: It's called dating ding ding ding ding, whining and dying ding ding ding ding. All right.
Speaker 6: Then she started selling the expensive gifts she got from her men. That's because you know she decided to change her life. Let me sell some of this stuff. It don't mean nothing to me no more. She has been called a professional side chick for years.
Speaker 2: Okay, so soul.
Speaker 6: Her only saving grace is that she's beautiful and her body's still tight.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you some about that same man. That's Hella, That is Hella Hell. Don't you underplay this girl? Don't you not give her her full credit? Now?
Speaker 6: Her only saving grace is that she's beautiful and her body is still tight. But naw that she got lots of mileage on that perfect body.
Speaker 1: You don't know that, right, She's no clue.
Speaker 6: And Shirley said something that stunned me and her her idea. Shirley said something to the fact a lot of us do this. Mm what Shirley, do you remember that remark?
Speaker 1: You said, Oh, yeah, about wealthy men and men with money and all that. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh you, I thought you made an are visual Now you said something about a lot of women do this. I didn't know what you referred to.
Speaker 3: A lot of.
Speaker 2: It was on your response. Yeah, you said we've all done this something.
Speaker 1: Like that said she doesn't look like what she's been through.
Speaker 2: And I was just trying to figure out what you said. Anyway, it don't I don't remember.
Speaker 6: She wants to settle down with my nerdy friend because he's wealthy. Oh hello, yeah, what what? She want to settle down my nerdy friend because he's wealthy?
Speaker 1: Judge and jury over there.
Speaker 2: I asked my friend how could he overlook her body count? He said, she ain't never had no kid with these Menill.
Speaker 6: Yeah, damn right though, damn right? And so now he's allowing her to wipe her slate clean and start over.
Speaker 2: God, did my husband say?
Speaker 6: It's too late? My friend is sprong? Your husband right? But how can he overlook her body count? Let me tell you how we can overlook the body count. You can't count what you can't see. You can't count what you don't see. You can't count what you ain't looking at. And you got more rumors in this letter then you got facts. You got more hearsay in this letter than you got facts, because right now, all I saw on this letter for this thirty three year old woman, all I saw two men, an Arizona ball player and a Chicago ballplayer. That's all I saw in this letter and now your friend, which holds onto the fact of what I tell women all the time when a man asked you your body count, your maximum number is three.
Speaker 2: Arizona, Chicago. And now the nerd.
Speaker 6: Hello, she's standing strong to me. But how can he overlook her body count?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Body count? Yeah? Crazy?
Speaker 1: She's a hater.
Speaker 2: She is full blown hater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, why can't she just let them be happy? If they're happy?
Speaker 2: Hey, let me tell you, so this girl is it? I'm telling you it's all that. That's what's really wrong with this. That's what you're mad.
Speaker 6: How he gonna overlook the body count? Because he can't over look her body and her faith?
Speaker 2: You just kept it, don't ask me nothing else.
Speaker 1: Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app for we never sounded so good? You can download it today now coming up at forty six minutes after the hour. You know what time it is? Junior and Sports Talk right after this you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for Sports Talk with Junior. What you got for It's Junior NBA Playoffs. Three great games last night. Let's give it up for the Cavaliers two and zero over the Magic.
Speaker 2: Day up.
Speaker 8: Donavants, man leading you know what you think this is gonna be a sweep here?
Speaker 2: Uh oh.
Speaker 9: Two games the two games.
Speaker 8: Congratulats Cavaliers man ninety six to eighty six over the Magic. But man, we get over here to the seventy sixes and the Knicks. Oh my god, the knickses up to nothing man one on four to one on one over the seventy sixers. Controversy at the end, they didn't get the call. Tyrese Maxi got the ball and they was up, and then all of a sudden, Josh Hart takes it from Tyree Maxie hit a game winning three to put the Knicks up one O two to one O one. Then they fired and hit the two free throws one on four to one oh one.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: Congratulations to the nixt day up to nothing over the seventy sixers.
Speaker 9: Did anybody see this coming?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: Ask me how much I cared? Though?
Speaker 9: How much do you care?
Speaker 2: Less? Dinner? Oh wow? Yeah?
Speaker 6: See one thing I done got about sports man, the team I'm pulling for. If y'all ain't trying to win, and y'all don't care about winning. I know goodn't hear?
Speaker 2: Well? I'm not finn to kill more than you? Oh yeah, I've stopped that right there.
Speaker 6: You know I used to mess my Sundays up watching the Browns and Monday be sick.
Speaker 2: Now No, I don't do that no more, man, y'all sick, bro I could no, I'd be about to vomit.
Speaker 9: Old Monday say y'all lose because y'all don't want to put no effort in?
Speaker 2: Won't my cheer?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 2: I go on, But as soon as I cut that game off from right back to.
Speaker 9: Normal, Well, who ain't knowing with this morning? Is the Lakers?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 8: The Lakers lost again to the Nuggage, one on one to ninety nine for the tenth straight loss to Delver on a buzzer beat it from Jamal Murray.
Speaker 9: Did you see the shot over Anthony Davis?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 9: With time expiring? Now they down to nothing? Down to nothing? I don't know if it. Can it just be that Denver just a better team than Los Angeles? Can we just say that.
Speaker 6: As Michael Jordan ever lost ten times in the road, not that I could think of, I can't recall that, so.
Speaker 2: That's nobody watching tea.
Speaker 8: So we're just not going We're not gonna uh, we're not gonna just say this like a you're gonna say that Jordan better player, George the greatest.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm very comfortable that I you think Lebron James is the one of the greatest modern day players in the history of the game.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Okay. The goat in this game of basketball.
Speaker 6: Is a dogskin boy about charge that ain't got no hair, and Lebron need to try that to.
Speaker 2: Wow, got You've got to start talking to people that ain't got hell. Lebron.
Speaker 1: All right, Junior, thank you. Coming up at the top of the hour, a man on social media, Steve needs your advice. He says, please help me with my wife's birthday. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening morning show. All right, So Steve Joe on Steve Harvey FM needs some advice from you. He says, I have a horrible track record when it comes to recognizing my wife's birthday. Last year, I forgot it all together until the day of and scramble to do something special for her. The day is steadily approaching, and I really want to do something nice for her, but I'm at a loss for what you do. Would it make my gesture any less special if I just came out and asked her directly, what could I do to make her birthday special? Or do I need to figure this out on my own? Ps? Money is tight right now, so he needs something from you, Stee, please help helps you.
Speaker 6: You're coming in with too many stipulations right time to ask of what she is. It's gonna cost some money, but I don't know how you can get. You gonna have tighten number now. Obviously you paid the price.
Speaker 2: To that come this year in your head any day, so maybe you've learned that, you have your lessons. But I can't forget these birthdays. You can't forget your Anne. You cannot forget them, give them the truth. You can't. Ain't no way in hell it's Christmas. So I'm just assuming you can't.
Speaker 1: Not if you all know all the sports stats and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Uh No, and Valentine's Day you can't miss that face. So you got to tighten up on this thurnay, now listen to you. It depends on how old you all be you should everybody. I know your birthday is coming. Anything you any.
Speaker 2: Request you have, and then whatever question she has, you gotta add to it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Don't call in here talking about money tight.
Speaker 4: You know what? But it is.
Speaker 2: You don't want to hear it. No, no, because they don't want to hear that. They ain't real good at that.
Speaker 6: Dog, when it comes to day day, money tight, Okay, we'll shake something loose to.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 6: You know, it wasn't tight when you was buying all of the damn cigars and the golf clubs. It wasn't tight when you were down there with all your friends paying for calves and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You know, going to work through it, dog, That's all I said. And now you're talking to the wrong person. Were coming to me, coming up? What you're gonna do? What we got tight for you? First of all, I don't know what your budget is.
Speaker 6: That if you told me you had seventy five, I'll tell you she will be disappointed. That's what I did, because you've already missed both five damn birthdays and now you're coming to them with this damn or bottle of perfume.
Speaker 2: So you see what I'm saying. Dog, He just you wouldn't make.
Speaker 6: Up mode take you because you'd missed some before and then you finally think of it, and all you have thought of it was about the purview. You gotta remember, women created the phrase. This the thought that counts it the thought that count and what you best to do is get the thinking real hot.
Speaker 1: Well, that's like wrot to you after.
Speaker 6: I'm just telling your player. That's really where you're at right now. You would make up molde and you're gonna have to get it right now. I don't know what your budget is, but you're gonna have to extend it.
Speaker 9: If the budget was fifty seventy five, you said.
Speaker 6: She gonna be a seventy five dollars, let me tell you something. You're gonna be right back in square wa, right back to square wo.
Speaker 1: But what if they're young, seventy five dollars might be a lot.
Speaker 2: Seventy five dollars. You fit to hate your ass even low. Yes, up, I'm just telling you right now because he you remember my birthday. This is all you think of me? All this hell? Yeah, dog, and she the wife and she even had a baby.
Speaker 6: No pot them, You're gonna have to stretch out a little bit, and women appreciate when they know that their man has over extended themselves with them. When a woman realizes that you've over extended yourself for them, there's a level.
Speaker 2: Of appreciation that comes with that scout cart that came. They'll return the return on that investment.
Speaker 1: So there's nothing he can do with a tight budget.
Speaker 6: Nothing yet you got a tight budget now. I don't know how you feel about stiffing this a little bit more daring. You're gonna have to be a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more dairy this year.
Speaker 1: Can he make something?
Speaker 2: Don't make nothing for your wife, like a.
Speaker 6: Coming in there with no damn pops up a stick astray he used to make when he was a cub scout.
Speaker 2: Don't do that here. Nobody write no handmade notes.
Speaker 1: You didn't give him any kind of hope.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you want. I don't know what the Bibles sent to find find out by some her few small must Yeah, we'll have that.
Speaker 6: You know how to stop. That's hardest itause when it is fishing little with a couch.
Speaker 1: That couch you're listening morning show. Well, many people knew that last Saturday, April twentieth was for twenty we day. Uh what many people did not know that April twentieth was also Get this, guys, listen up, guys, husband Appreciation Day. It was last Saturday.
Speaker 2: We didn't know it. You said nothing about it. We didn't know.
Speaker 11: Gone.
Speaker 2: Now would you put us right up with this text day? I just show you what day. It's her husband Appreciation Day? Y'all? Remember everything else?
Speaker 1: It was four twenty Okay, we'll put us on the same day as we Well, it's a holiday. It falls on the so remember for next time next year. It falls on the third Saturday in April each year. Okay, so next year, Oh so.
Speaker 9: It cound be a different day.
Speaker 2: So somebody got high and came up with this. That's what. Remember.
Speaker 1: It's something, guys. It's something you say to you don't like Father's Day, now you have it Appreciation Day.
Speaker 2: It ain't nothing. Why the hell y'all trying to head?
Speaker 1: Okay, it involves expressing gratitude to husbands for who he is.
Speaker 2: After it's open. Why didn't you tell us just a week ahead of time?
Speaker 1: Doesn't affect me?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why I keep getting down Birthday. Oh, it don't affect you? Okay.
Speaker 1: Three minutes after the hour, we'll play another round. And would you rather right after this you're listening morning show, it's time now for a round. And would you rather? Would you rather be poor and have a peaceful life, or would you rather be rich and have a life full of drama?
Speaker 2: Bring all that?
Speaker 1: Damn that is your life, Steve, right, you don't understand the question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you mean? Would you really that's what it is, what it is we're talking about. Would you rather.
Speaker 7: It is what it is?
Speaker 2: That's all right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather get into a fist fight with a really stronger and taller person or just fall down a flight of stairs?
Speaker 2: Tell me what do you want to fight you? I will fight your tall ass. I don't care how much.
Speaker 1: I don't cut your over over that. No more fighting people.
Speaker 2: I don't know where that would you rather came from? But I will fight your tall ass. I'm not going down no flight of steps.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be every jolly green giant y'all put in front of me. I don't care. Stand there, everybody, whatever, you don't be exhausted.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be fighting, worked up, fight.
Speaker 2: Children, I'm fighting everything. Come at me.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get on the at least you ain't gonna be on the playground getting choked out.
Speaker 2: Okay, can with a child?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather pull up all of your fingernails or would you rather pull out kind of your teeth?
Speaker 10: So I'm gonna go with them fingernails. I just keep my hand in my pocket. That's all I keep my hand.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna lay them out on the table, talking what I do where I came through it, pull out ten all right.
Speaker 1: Would you rather have a sexy love making session in a hot tub or would you rather do it under own waterfall?
Speaker 2: Water constantly coming back? Okay, so that water cold?
Speaker 6: Now, you ain't gonna be the man you think you. I will take cold water here. I'm gonna tell you that right now, and you get a runner that cold water. You ain't gonna be doing a whole lot of nothing. Yeah, you got to wait a while. Yeah, I'm gonna take that hot tub. We ain't gonna be in there, loan. Now, it's gonna be about three minutes. We ain't gonna be there with the two of you, all right.
Speaker 1: Would you rather be rich and by yourself alone, no other people, or would you rather be poor? And find true love.
Speaker 9: I've already done I've already done that.
Speaker 1: I'm wont eight rich and alone.
Speaker 2: Rich and alone or you mean you mean rich and no people around you at all?
Speaker 6: Yeah, rich, total solitudes, no human contact, no, no, oh no, I will be PopEd and in love and get on back to still.
Speaker 1: It always crime we day around him, would you rather? Guys coming up at forty nine minutes after it's our last break of the day and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are, last break of the day, Tuesday. All right, it's been a good day and Steve. Before we get out of here, we have a question from Trevoy on Steve Harvey FM. He says, I'm really mad at my brother because he just asked my girlfriend to be a stripper at his bachelor party.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My girl is a dancer and the money is good, and he's always eyeballing her. My brother didn't even holler at me about it first, like he didn't think asking her directly wouldn't get back to me anyway. She's going to pass on the job out of respect. For our relationship. I appreciate it, even though I know the money is good. Still, I need to figure out how to talk to my brother about this. When we get face to face, I'm about to whip his blank. What do you suggest, uncle Steve?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, listen, you're dating a girl that's a stripper.
Speaker 1: He calls her a dancer.
Speaker 2: Dance she's a stripper though, Okay, but let me ask why she dances? Don't don't does she have all her clothes on?
Speaker 1: It's not like he can respond. He just he calls her a dance.
Speaker 6: Answer, I mean, you know, like he like, you know, listen, strippers come out there already, Niked. Just need you need to understand that him, this ain't burlesque. Dum d d d d d D what they slowly taking stuff off that Strippers come out that, Niked. Now, let me say this to you, dog. Yes, your brother been eyeballing your girl because he know that's what she do. Probably been down there and seening to just say you when you saw her she was doing that. Naw, your brother didn't ask her to come and dance at this party because he know that's what she do, But she said no out of respect for you.
Speaker 2: That's what you need.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: You need to go to your brother and say, hey, man, what would make you think to go to my girl and ask her to do this at your party without running this by me. I'm your brother. Now what he gonna say to you is, damn, dog, what you're tripping for?
Speaker 2: Ain't that what she do? I was just gonna let her make her own decision. See, the problem we got.
Speaker 1: Here is failure to communicate.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 6: You want everybody to look at your girl the same way you do, and that's not gonna ever be the case.
Speaker 2: And I'll give you a prime example.
Speaker 6: Take her in there and introduce her to your mama and then tell your mama what she do and watch how that go.
Speaker 2: She's gonna mama this Shrida. So what do you what? What do you do? Baby? I'm a dancer. I'm a dancer, Yeah, a dance away a baby.
Speaker 1: In New York?
Speaker 2: Is that what you mean? Down at the what? Down at the club?
Speaker 1: I'm a praise dancer?
Speaker 2: You see? So you have a problem here.
Speaker 6: So it ain't no need to you're talking about whooping your brother behind, because dog, you're trying to make everybody see her the way you see her, and that's not gonna be the case. She has chosen a questionable career path that comes with kind of some different connotations, and it comes with the reputation. And so your brother, there's plenty of people he can get to dance at a party. Yeah, he should not have come to your girl, but then hire anybody.
Speaker 2: Bro, Come on, man, it ain't no need to jumping on your brother about this though. That ain't worth it. Well, at least she said no, she's passed.
Speaker 16: She danced on the job and that's cool. But she dancing somewhere. That ain't gonna be your girl next year. Man, Damn, it ain't real.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I asked my husband that I said love with a stripper.
Speaker 2: He said, it could happen.
Speaker 1: That's because you're beautiful. They have great bodies.
Speaker 9: And then you know, well I've taken them on dates before, you know, I mean, hey, what night?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Nineteen ninety three, Yeah what.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety three?
Speaker 2: I worked? I worked a cheetah for two weeks in Atlanta. Uh huh beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: Oh oh as a comedian.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah it wasn't low with the strippers. Yeah, yeah, in love, no, full blown in love with it happens.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, you mean, it's a job and she's making good money.
Speaker 2: It's just like you're ready to commit.
Speaker 1: I was you wanted to marry her?
Speaker 2: Very low point in my life.
Speaker 1: Is there anything male equivalent to a stripper? Well, I know they have male strippers, I know they do, but it seems like female strippers.
Speaker 6: Oh, if you're a woman and you're dating a male exotic dancer, you have nothing. You have nothing. He is not yours. Oh he is not yours. If you're dating a nail exotic damcer. Oh no, no no, he is no a dude to do that for a living. No, no, no, no, no, no way.
Speaker 2: He's committed to you.
Speaker 9: Magic Mike, Yeah no, it's no.
Speaker 2: Way he committed to you. Oh okay, he got women throwing money at him, won't him. There's no way. He's saying no to everybody. He can't. But what's what's up by Horseman Horseman Productions, hoss.
Speaker 1: But a woman's a female stripper can be committed. All right, we gotta go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey, y'all talk to God today. Talk please, y'all, y'all be quiet, y'all, y'all be quiet. Talk to God today you would absolutely love to hear from me. Y'all gonna mess around, go to hell.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show