Speaker 1: He is Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning and it's a podcast. Welcome to it. Start all right, let's get a gun.
Speaker 2: How many bars do you think you could successfully visit in one night?
Speaker 3: If I'm not drinking a lot more.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go with three for Alexus before she yoldles up her groceries. Okay, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and I bring it up because a sixty nine year old British man just set the new world's record by drinking at one hundred and twenty bars in twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, he had a drink at each one. Is he alive?
Speaker 2: Is it a dead man who got pure jealousy? And check for just one second. He's David Clarkson jealous and he moved to Australia recently with one goal for his retirement to drink everyone else under the table.
Speaker 3: Australia.
Speaker 2: And he started his request that the Captain cook Hotel Indy. Then walked around to one hundred and nineteen other drinking establishments over the course of the next twenty four hours. He walked stumbled. Probably the only rule was he had to have one drink at each stop, and water did not count.
Speaker 1: How many drinks is that per hour? That's a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean it's at least five drinks per hour. Wait, and by the time he reached his one hundred and twentieth bar, David was tired. He was visibly drunk, but he was still upright and heard the words that he'd been waiting for all that.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you do No, those were not broke.
Speaker 2: I know you like a man in a weakened mental state.
Speaker 4: But no.
Speaker 2: David was told at the last bar that his world record was officially certified.
Speaker 3: Was the last bar in business.
Speaker 1: But he was able to find so many bars are open?
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: He took the title from two Australians name Garry Kouros and jake Leyderton, who only managed a measly ninety nine puss Wow. Afterwards, David mumbled something about how much he loved everybody, and then he went home and chose to celebrate by sleeping it off for the next week straight.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, his pulse please.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we can muster half of David's effort for the shock collar question of the day, then I think we're gonna be in a good position. We're gonna send it over to digital Jake to lead us there, Take us there, Jake.
Speaker 5: When I check my magical calendar, I see a lot of a list celebs celebrating birthdays too. Okay, oh really, Barbara streisand okay, Kelly Clarkson, even the entertainer, And yes, I do consider Cedric the entertainer and a list. D all right, it's my list. I get to choose who's honest. But still, none of those stars shines nearly as bright as our own in house celeb birthday. Yes, because April twenty fourth is the day the world was gifted Jose bolanos Am sure you want to.
Speaker 2: Use the word gifted.
Speaker 3: I'm very specially. I've been told them a fair.
Speaker 5: What would this world look like without Jose Wi A lot less pun jokes and descriptions of annual salmon migration, that's for sure. By the way, So today, to celebrate Jose's birthday, we're going to do a special. Is this a Jose tweet or a different celeb tweet? Edition of plenty of twenty.
Speaker 2: Cedric Entertainer never got a segment like this. Promise you though, I'll read you a tweet.
Speaker 5: You just have to tell me did Jose tweet that? Or was it another famous celebrity. If you get it right, you get to stay in the game. Alexis europe first. A few years ago, when Russia first invaded Ukraine, someone tweets quote, let's go was it Jose or another celebrity?
Speaker 6: If that was me, I'd like to say there was no correlation tweet.
Speaker 7: Okay, we all know you over say that the time.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite.
Speaker 1: We're up early in the morning. Maybe he tweeted that before it happened and you didn't know, or maybe he read the headline wrong. I could see that. I'm gonna say it was Jose on accident.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, please.
Speaker 3: Don't be true.
Speaker 5: Alexi says, that's a Jose tweet.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 5: Not a Jose tweet. It was another celebrity.
Speaker 3: It was the weekend.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, let's go over to Brook all right, Brook, who tweeted I just ordered a set of ladles online and said, ooh those are fancy smancy when I saw them.
Speaker 5: Was it Jose or another celebrity?
Speaker 2: Ladles?
Speaker 1: Ladles?
Speaker 9: I mean, here's the problem with this tweet for me is I've been to Jose's kitchen, and there are not any utensils that a plastic You're right, or make giant plastic ladles. Honestly, the one pot I bought him I think ten years ago.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say not Jose.
Speaker 5: It says that was another celebrities tweet.
Speaker 10: That was.
Speaker 5: That was Jose on June twenty seventh, twenty one.
Speaker 9: Wait, you don't have any silver review of multiple ladles and I've never used one of them.
Speaker 2: Jose's like two am Chinese Facebook market place posts. They can't be predicted.
Speaker 5: That's what it was.
Speaker 3: It was like a set of like four things.
Speaker 5: They sound really nice. Wow, Jose, it's your.
Speaker 2: Turn to remember if you did your own tweet or not who tweeted quote.
Speaker 5: A true friend doesn't rub it in when they make a mistake. Instead, they'll help you rub it out.
Speaker 1: Was it or another celeb that's really funny.
Speaker 6: That's really funny, So I immediately assume as me. But I mean, but I'm mostly like inappropriate and crass on my live stream.
Speaker 5: I've looked at a lot of your tweets, many your fairy actually yeah.
Speaker 6: Football on drinking Jose was probably way more inappropriate. But I still don't think this was me. I'm gonna say, na.
Speaker 5: Jose says that was another celeb That was another celebrity, that was television Minister Joel Austin Minister said, that's right.
Speaker 2: You help your friends rubble one out.
Speaker 5: Maybe free job identifying your own tweets. Let's go on to Jeffrey. Okay, Jeffrey in May twenty twenty, who tweeted congratulations to the astronauts that left Earth today. Good choice. So another celebrity or Jose, that's pretty good. Tough time for assault.
Speaker 9: Yeah, right in the middle of the beginning of the pandemic.
Speaker 2: Jose does like to follow news stories that most senior citizens would be really so, like a rocket launch would be totally something. Jose would get pumped at it people. I'm gonna say that's really him. Jeffrey says, that's a Jose tweet.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 11: Correct.
Speaker 5: Jose tweet from May of twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Yes, Jose came back.
Speaker 5: We are running out of time for Jose's tweet game. Okay, so I'm gonna give you the sudden death question my own you have by your own tweet or another celebrity. You get it right and you win. You get it wrong and Jeffrey Wins who tweeted, quote, I feel like there's a giant meat loaf inside of me? Was it you or another celebrity?
Speaker 2: Possibly right after eating a giant meat loaf from.
Speaker 1: Did anything ever stay inside of you? You're in the bathroom, literally everything taken.
Speaker 6: The only times I eat meat loaf have been like drunk. There's a cafe that's open twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: You're missing the important part. It's a funny word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. But I just I don't like to lie, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say I can do this.
Speaker 3: Look maybe a comedy, but.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna say not do this.
Speaker 5: Jose says, that's another celeb that is that's another CELEBRITI that was Chris Jenner great.
Speaker 2: Eye, right after she met her boyfriend.
Speaker 5: So, Jose, that means you've won today's birthday edition up plenty of twenty.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Jose remembers his own tweets.
Speaker 9: Somehow, that is the most shocking big okay birthday.
Speaker 5: Sorry, there it is.
Speaker 2: That's Jose's birthday text in seventy five nine to wish him a happy one.
Speaker 4: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier to do this show with a group of dogs, because whenever I tell Jose to go fetch my papers from the printer, he tends to get lost halfway ends up marking the copy machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that that smell over that?
Speaker 2: That's what that is? Remarked, that's his copy machine, your own smell. If I ask Alexis to heal, she reaches down and hands me her stiletto ugs.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, no, there's And.
Speaker 2: If I ever tell Brooke to shake, she rips off her sweater and does some X rated shimmy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like the first.
Speaker 2: But all I'm asking in this next segment is for you to speak. Okay, can you guys speak? Can you do that for me? Tell us what's on your mind? Go get the ball? Okay, go get the ball. I might need to hire a professional trainer before this is gonna be rough. It's a brand new what's on your mind? Coming up? Sometimes when I'm eating out at a restaurant, I think about whose mouth this fork was in.
Speaker 12: Last, and I feel like way way connected to them, just instantly, so we could play a fun little bonding game called past the fork.
Speaker 2: Right now, I've got it. Or I could just ask what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: You to only put that in your mouth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Fine? Starting I guess with Brook and just ask the simple question, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Brooke? Well, I was at.
Speaker 9: The grocery store the other day and I was checking out, and I of course purchased some wine and the cashier goes.
Speaker 1: To me, are you twenty one?
Speaker 6: I'm flattered.
Speaker 9: I'm flattered, yes, obviously, and I am just feeling good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what right, because.
Speaker 2: You're already two bottles of wine drink before you even checked out, So no.
Speaker 7: Wonder And then she says, well, you look great, but adds on to it.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of treton Owen? And That's what I'm thinking. I'm like, oh, is it some talent agency for women who look way younger.
Speaker 2: Than they actually are?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And so I say no, what is it?
Speaker 9: And she goes, oh, it's his heavy duty not cream that will take out your fine lines.
Speaker 1: I was just young a second ago. A second ago, I was young, and now here we are.
Speaker 2: So did you buy the But I've been.
Speaker 1: Reading into the it's really trendy, you know.
Speaker 9: I haven't gone down the boatox Lane yet, so maybe this is better.
Speaker 6: Look at your face.
Speaker 1: I want to believe you.
Speaker 9: I want to believe you, just like I wanted to believe the cash here, which he said, are you twenty one?
Speaker 2: I mean, it couldn't hurt just by a little bit. What's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Well, if you guys don't know, my dad lives out of town and recently he came to visit me for my birthday, which is today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: So we brought him to the radio station and he got to meet everyone. The sweetest man, and he didn't remember everyone's name, but he remembers all the faces, so he knows who everyone is. But there's one person that really stuck with him the most, and he definitely remembered his name.
Speaker 3: That is the program director to our radio station.
Speaker 6: What because I have a feeling I know why when he was talking to our boss, our boss.
Speaker 3: Casually mentioned to my dad, oh, my goodness, like.
Speaker 6: You just you're you're tan, you look energetic and young. My dad brought that up what six times the weekend.
Speaker 2: I don't blame him after I had this experience at you because I met Jose's dad uses that retina and looks fantastic because.
Speaker 6: But like we would just be like a lull in conversation sitting there and he would be like, you know what, I really like your boss, He'll say when he has a nice guy. When he told me that I look at young, he make me feel so good.
Speaker 2: But the rest of us, who gave him hugs.
Speaker 1: And I talked to him for twenty minutes sext time, just compliment on.
Speaker 6: If you want to get on my dad's good side, which a couple of my friends did, give him a hug, tell him he looks young and forever you will be his best friend.
Speaker 1: You know what, That's the same for me. Yeah, my dad and book.
Speaker 3: Give them hugs and show them.
Speaker 2: Let's go to someone who actually have some self worth on the show.
Speaker 1: And let's just.
Speaker 7: So I'm coaching high school track, you know this season, you and you know I want them to like respect me, like me.
Speaker 1: I think I'm cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not pathetic.
Speaker 6: All you do know that when the people go back to high school and try to be cool, that's not.
Speaker 7: I'm still trying.
Speaker 1: And there was a big track meet over the weekend.
Speaker 7: We were at Okay high school is racing, but also some pro runners okay, and the pro team set the world record. It awesome, So it's a huge deal. Everyone's going crazy. The kids are like on a high. They think it's the coolest thing ever. Their witnessing a world record.
Speaker 6: Forget that moment.
Speaker 1: Well, guess who's friends with those runners?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: So I go up to them after their I'm talking to them, They're hugging me, were just chatting, and the team sees it.
Speaker 1: Like, wait, is that the real runner?
Speaker 4: And that was my moment I got.
Speaker 7: Became cool.
Speaker 11: I don't know how.
Speaker 6: Long it'll last.
Speaker 2: It ends right now. When you go on the radio and start.
Speaker 3: Bragging, well, they don't listen.
Speaker 8: So I actually, you just got to bring the real runners.
Speaker 1: With you everywhere you go. Trust me, I'm trying to get him come to practice as Yeah, there was a big moment, you know, all right, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: So over the weekend, I hosted a charity auction. And I've worked this event a few times, but this year the organizers decided that they had to add a second person to host along with me. Okay, most people would take offense to that, but what I don't know, But honestly, for me, I'm more like, oh my god, thank you. Somebody else talk please. Yeah. So they hired this local celebrity who used to be on TV but now he does auctioneering full time. And before the event, I asked my producer like, hey, can you help me come up with a few like funny lines, like just a couple like jokes that I could toss his way. And apparently our producer has worked with this guy before, because we were writing some zingers for this day, just coming after him about how auctioneering isn't a real job, and how we had to move the venue downtown this year because it's closer to the unemployment offices where he collects his checks. And I was worried. I was like, man, are you sure that these are gonna hit? They feel like kind of mind And our Producer's like, oh yeah, no, no, no, don't worry. He's a really funny guy. He'll roll with the punches there. So the night of the auction, I let the first singer fly and he looks stunned. He's smiling, but his eyes are like, what are you doing. I didn't warn him that I was gonna roast him, like I wanted it to be natural in the meanwhile, he's not firing anything back at me.
Speaker 3: He's a professional.
Speaker 2: He is just swallowing it all and like letting it eat away at his ego.
Speaker 1: How did the night end with you too? Did he punch you?
Speaker 2: He didn't punch me. I feel like the worst one was when I started passing around a tip jar telling everybody to give generously because again, this is the only way he makes money.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, that's.
Speaker 3: The most offensive thing.
Speaker 6: You did.
Speaker 2: Well, he made a lot of money. Thank you for that tip jar was full.
Speaker 3: Actually vicariously didn't.
Speaker 2: By the end, I did feel like a little bit guilty because he wasn't prepared to.
Speaker 3: Did him you apologize after, say, hey, man, I hope that was cool with that.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't want to talk to me at the end. But you know what, today I feel like like he's a season celeb. He should be able to take it.
Speaker 1: It's funny, but he's crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll text in seven eighty five nine too. You could tell us what's been on your mind. It's brooken Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 4: Morning, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Getting texted in at seventy five niney two with people telling us what's been on their minds because we just shared what's been on ours. This one says, I actually want more talking, less music. I switch stations whenever the music comes on.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I can talk a lot more if they let us.
Speaker 1: Guess we should get rid of that singing segment that we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody's a masochist and like a little auditory abuse on their morning drives on. Another text says, what's on my mind is sometimes when traffic is so plugged up, I just wish I could push a button and my car would inflate like a balloon and I could flow up above everyone else. Where's elong Musk when you need him, or that old.
Speaker 1: Guy from up he could help you too.
Speaker 2: Personally, I'd go for the rockets that blow up all the other cars. But you're nice for just wanting to like sharp everybody else range on the road. James Bond would do it. Another text says, good morning, Jose. You can slide into my d MS anytime.
Speaker 3: All right, Well you say that, but I need your handle.
Speaker 5: Corner by.
Speaker 1: Check your junk box.
Speaker 4: Well keep your nine two Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Any long term relationship is eventually going to hit a few bumps in the road, of course, and what's the best way to handle that couple's therapy communication? Honest, I don't know about all that stuff already, all sounds pretty complicated. What about trying the reality show wife swap? It's an option risky you might fall in love with the temporary spouse, though, why does that never happen on the show? The best way I think to instantly heal any relationship problem is to just sit together and listen to our next segment where singles share their nightmare dating lives. Just one listen and you'll be wanting to renew your vows immediately.
Speaker 1: Don't put me in those positions.
Speaker 2: Look at us saving marriages and relationships with a brand new Battle of the Tinder Dates. It's coming up right after this.
Speaker 4: You hopeless one dating app then dares you swipe right? The question is whose love life is more tragic? It's Battle of the Tinder Dates.
Speaker 2: It's the dating game show that believes those sports kiss cams don't go far enough.
Speaker 6: Instead, My godjo Bar listeners square off to find out whose.
Speaker 2: Love life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second, but first let's meet today's contestants. You're in this corner before any first kiss, instead of reaching for a breathman, she'll pull a large dollop of smuckers on her tongue. And that's why all the boys know her as grape Jelly Kelly.
Speaker 1: Thought for someone name is going to be Pam the jam.
Speaker 2: And in the other corner, her secret to seduction is walking into the bedroom sporting a sexy goat milk mustache. Whew, that's how she got the nickname Foamy Naomi.
Speaker 9: Please tell me, and drinking it from a bottle and not straight from the source.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's how the game works. One contestant will start by telling one of their worst date stories. The other one try and come back and counter with the nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth for three rounds until we declare a winner. We're gonna get the ball rolling with grape Jelly Kelly. Let's go.
Speaker 11: Okay, So the guy kept complimenting me on how nice my teeth were. Oh oh yeah, and I did have braces before, so I was like, you know what, this is a nice compliment, sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, for how much money your parents spent?
Speaker 11: Absolutely yeah. So that was really nice until he asked if I should help bite off one of his fingernails that he couldn't get.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, well all that money, I mean, it's got to go to something.
Speaker 3: Fingernails and that's still did you do it?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, No, I did not.
Speaker 2: Not girlfriend material Kelly.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 2: He's like, phoamy, Naomi, can you beat the fingernail bike chair?
Speaker 10: I think I can. So a guy came back to my house, but I wanted to shower, so I asked him to wait in bed and I get out and see him reading through my journal.
Speaker 1: I tried to hide it.
Speaker 10: No, not at all, and I yelled at him and I told him like, this is personal, and he was like, I'm so sorry, he said, I just thought I was reading a really sad book.
Speaker 1: Oh, dear Diary.
Speaker 5: We're on around too, Kelly.
Speaker 3: We're back to.
Speaker 11: You, all right. I met a guy off tender who said that he worked at the zoo, and so he was like, you know what, let's meet at the zoo. We can have our date there and yeah, and so he tells me to meet him at a specific exhibit because he wanted to show me something BEB cool cool and it turns out it was the bad exhibit, and when I got there, he climbed a nearby poland like he hung upside down and was like, look, I'm a bat.
Speaker 2: Was this date elementary school?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Were you impressed?
Speaker 11: I mean like I wasn't really impressed. I don't even think he worked there, So I got it, just left.
Speaker 1: So all the other employees just know him as that.
Speaker 2: Guy date hanging. We got to keep going.
Speaker 3: What you got?
Speaker 10: So the guy I was talking to was ragging how much he travels for work, and as if I wanted to come along on a short day trip. Of course, I said, yes, right, that's a choice. I meet him at his house and he pulls up on a tandem Bikey. He's an uber each driver and says, if I'm willing to wear an extra for cooler backpack, then we can make twice the first.
Speaker 2: Man with business sense right there. Okay, we're on to our third and final round. That means we need your best stories here, ladies. Kelly, what do you got?
Speaker 11: All right? I went on a date with a guy to watch a basketball game at a bar. His team was losing.
Speaker 13: Ah.
Speaker 11: He looks me dead serious in the eyes and says if I hook up with him right now, good luck will happen to his team and they will win.
Speaker 2: That's a well known fact in the sports world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like my husband still tries that.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, how was the hook up?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, no, of course I said no, it was a first date. He leaves me to chat up a different girl, and after five minutes they walked out together.
Speaker 1: Oh she must be a huge fan too.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: I mean I did check the score later because I was curious, and his team really did win.
Speaker 2: You see, ladies, do your power and help out our sports team.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got time for the last story, Naomi, we need your best one.
Speaker 10: So we went to one of those movie theaters where they played old movie for a few dollars. Yeah, and we saw one of the original Star Wars films.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And he told me I've seen it before. But what he didn't tell me is that he yell out every line of the movie. It was so embarrassing. But wait, that's not even the kicker. He even did the character voices and.
Speaker 14: At one point he stood up to have an imaginary lightsaber battle. Yeah, we ended up getting kicked out. Yeah, he was like Luke, I am your father, but he did all of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's the body part he was using as his lightsaber that probably got you guys from it.
Speaker 1: Would have been more impressive.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That sound means the match is over. We need to score this. Alexis, Who are you giving it to?
Speaker 1: Kelly? I'm still grossed out by the fingernail man.
Speaker 2: One vote for Kelly Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: This one was so hard, but I'm going with Naomi.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're all tied up. Jose you get the deciding vote here.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, thanks to the lightsaber battle, Naomi.
Speaker 2: Way, that means congratulations, Foamy. Naomi, you've seen more romantic tragedies than a Love Island hot tub.
Speaker 9: Were that crowd by girl?
Speaker 2: And you could be Battle of the Tender Day's Royalty just by texting into seven eight five nine too. If you want to hear on the next edition, your phone TAP's coming up next.
Speaker 4: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Out of everybody in this room, who would be the worst hr person? I'm just gonna say it, Jose.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to be selfish, but I was gonna say ye, no offense to that.
Speaker 2: But that's why We had him pose as an HR rep, and today he calls an office worker who's been nervous about layoffs. We want him to know he's fine, His job is safe. It's just corporate is making some changes that are quote in the best interest of the company. Yeah, I'm sure he'll understand. In your phone tab right now.
Speaker 13: Hello, good morning?
Speaker 3: Hi is this Phil?
Speaker 13: Yeah? This is Phil.
Speaker 15: Who am I speaking to?
Speaker 3: Hey Phil?
Speaker 6: My name's Heywood Jabebloni. I work in human resources.
Speaker 3: How are you doing today?
Speaker 4: I'm fine?
Speaker 13: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Oh just fine?
Speaker 13: Huh.
Speaker 6: I was hoping you were going to be in a better mood than just fine before I told you this news.
Speaker 13: No, I'm in a good mood. What do you want to tell me? Why are you calling?
Speaker 6: Well, you probably heard that we're reducing our workforce.
Speaker 4: Oh oh my god.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, listen before you get ahead of yourself. You're not getting laid off or anyone in your division.
Speaker 3: All your jobs are safe. Okay, take a.
Speaker 13: Deep Okay, I was worried for seconds there.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry about that.
Speaker 3: No, you're you're fine.
Speaker 6: We're just taking all your vacation days away. Yeah, you typically have around what twenty twenty vacation days I see here, right, Yeah, by Friday you'll have zero.
Speaker 13: How does that make any sense?
Speaker 6: Well, I means you would agree this is a tough time for the company.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well sure I understand those.
Speaker 6: Well, if you're saying that, think of how hard it is for the people above you getting paid way way, way more.
Speaker 3: Those guys are stressed.
Speaker 13: I'm the ones who's stressed paycheck to paycheck.
Speaker 6: Well sure, I mean it's tough for everybody right now.
Speaker 3: But especially for the guys at the top.
Speaker 11: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: With so much uncertainty, they can't even golf more than twice a week, think about it. That's why recently they all met and said, hey, how can we help this company and take a tax free vacation to the Bahamas?
Speaker 3: What a vacation?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Sorry, a tax free vacation to the Bahamas?
Speaker 13: Backed free vacation for them?
Speaker 6: I know, right, It's a tricky thing to do, and so this is why they got creative. You count said it has to be on the company dime. So if you take all the employees vacation days away, we can legally ride it off. The whole thing, including the alcohol.
Speaker 13: Joke, right, I mean it sounds like some kind of freaking joke.
Speaker 6: No, no, it's not. Hey, we appreciate your sacrifice. Don't think that you're going unappreciated.
Speaker 13: Friend, I'm not sacrificing anything. You took it away from me.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't give it again.
Speaker 6: We appreciate and understand everything you've done.
Speaker 3: No, that's why, as a.
Speaker 6: Token of the company's gratitude, you and everyone in your division will receive four small chocolates in a plastic box. How does that help. It's not gonna be available to Christmas because that's what we get the discount.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: I knew you'd be excited.
Speaker 13: What's wrong with you? Four chocolates?
Speaker 6: Small chocolates, I have to I don't want you to think they're like bars, like bite sized chocolates.
Speaker 13: Fits is not right.
Speaker 6: I cannot lose my vacation days because corporate wants to.
Speaker 13: Get hammered in the Bahamas and I get four lousy chocolates.
Speaker 6: That is one part. I didn't tell you. It's not just the Bahamas. We're also going to the Virgin Islands. So wait a minute, why are you saying, Lee, you're not going on the trip.
Speaker 13: You're in human resource.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, I didn't mention that part. They're bringing hr. I have never been outside the country. I couldn't be more excited.
Speaker 13: And they're just gonna leave us here with nothing.
Speaker 6: And lost days until I'll be thinking you can use your sick days to get time off. We put a temporary freeze on that. Now you need to email us if you think you're going to be sick at least a month in advance.
Speaker 13: How do I know what I'm gonna get.
Speaker 6: I won't be checking my email though, I'll be in the Bahamas or the Virgin Islands.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Personally, I agree, I would blame this on Keisha. She's the one who set.
Speaker 3: You up for all of this.
Speaker 15: Why ain't see going on that trip too?
Speaker 13: Without Mayne?
Speaker 6: She'd definitely like to, but she decided to do a prank phone call on you instead, which I appreciate. What are you talking about, idiots, because this is actually Jose for the raidershow Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: We're doing a phone tap on you man?
Speaker 13: No way, Yes, he just said.
Speaker 6: There's been a lot of tension in the office lately because of layoff, so she wanted to lighten the mood.
Speaker 13: I cannot believe she did hilarious neither.
Speaker 6: Oh you know what you need?
Speaker 3: You need a vacation.
Speaker 6: You meet Bahamas tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What do you say.
Speaker 13: I guess we'll have to go quick because you're taking all my vacation days. We got the Friday, got to go all right?
Speaker 6: Well, truth is, I probably belong more in the Virgin Islands because I'm a Virgin. You get okay, I'm gonna stop the rank phone call. Now, this part isn't funny.
Speaker 1: Wake every morning.
Speaker 4: Twenties frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: There's certain things in life that sound awesome in theory but in practice not so great. Okay, Like nude beaches a great example theory.
Speaker 5: Nice, Yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Hot sports in reality yikes. Or eating ice cream for every single meal of the day in theory. In reality you better hope you have a good plumber on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know for a lot of women, the idea of having two hunky men fight over you would be a toe dream. Yeah, but it actually happened to one of our listeners recently. She says it ended in the worst way possible. Oh no, and now she needs our help to repair the damage and get herself a date with the guy she was actually rooting for. You're gonna hear what happened in your second date update next, second date, update date. Most of the time, if money is exchanged in return for a date, oh god dam, that can be viewed as kind of sketchy.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of illegal.
Speaker 2: Not for me, though, That's why I always walk around with seven different money clips full of many denominations in multiple types of currencies from all around the world, because you never know.
Speaker 1: Just to be ready, Oh you're.
Speaker 2: Willing to do that for eight hundred Barbadian dollars, you're in lux, sir. I just happened to have that right here?
Speaker 1: Is it actually the currency of Barbados?
Speaker 5: Did you check out?
Speaker 3: Harte?
Speaker 2: And you'll never know? And one of our listeners said in their email a money exchange was attempted for a date with her. It might have something to do with why she's not seeing this person right now, but she definitely wants to get a hold of them. Let's talk to Mela about it. Mela, welcome to the show.
Speaker 15: Hi, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, this setup to all of this makes it sound so sketchy.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well, when you say it like that, I guess.
Speaker 2: But there's no shame in doing like a sketchy money exchange for a date.
Speaker 1: There is.
Speaker 2: Your head up with pride, Mela. Okay, and to tell us about this person that you met and how this money exchange happened or almost happened.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 15: So I met this sky Sam at a charity auction. It's basically I'm trying to raise money building a new community center.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 15: So part of the event was auctioning off gate.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: I participated in something like this once and it was so nerve wracking.
Speaker 1: Were you being auctioned Yes?
Speaker 9: And I'm like, please so much just been This is gonna be so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Was it weird that your husband didn't even put his hand? Oh my god?
Speaker 9: So wait, were you being auctioned off or was he being auctioned off?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: No, I was auctioned, I will say.
Speaker 3: And I maybe shouldn't.
Speaker 6: I was auctioned off once and I actually ended up getting drunk with the person on our date and we had the greatest time.
Speaker 3: But wow, it's good to actually be a date. They were supposed to not be real dates.
Speaker 2: It's a room of experienced date auctions.
Speaker 3: How have you been sold?
Speaker 2: I have not been sold. No, I'm the buyer, but a Meila, how did you feel when you were being put up like that? Were you nervous?
Speaker 15: Of course I was nervously because I met this cute guy. Like part of it was a silent auction, and during that time I met Sam and he was very sweet and he made me laugh. He made me feel less nervous about the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you guys talked about it. You talked about how you were up for auction before a date week.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, ok Then he asked me like, hey, what number are you in the auction? And I was like, well, be prepared though, because you're gonna have to take out a second mortgage. I'm not cheap, but.
Speaker 2: It's a little scary for a cause he's showing interest that he wants to bid on you. Before it happens, that's great.
Speaker 15: Yeah no, and it was luckily that joke landed well. So okay, it gave me a lot of hope. But of course the worst possible thing happened. What Sam starts bidding on me. Great love that we knew that was going to happen. But then my freaking ex boyfriend comes into play but and starts kitting again.
Speaker 1: What why would he do that?
Speaker 6: So stupid?
Speaker 15: He wants to get back together with me?
Speaker 9: Did Sam ever know that was your ex? Or was it just like a bidding war with a guy he didn't know?
Speaker 1: Hopefully?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't think he knew.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's good. I mean, honestly, it kind of hypes you up.
Speaker 1: You know what I means.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: But it also could have been good if he knew that it was the X, because it's like she was so amazing. All the Xes want her back.
Speaker 3: I would have stopped a red flag.
Speaker 1: Too much drama.
Speaker 2: Okay, so did he win?
Speaker 1: Who won the date?
Speaker 13: My ex one?
Speaker 1: He did? You actually verbally say yuck? When he won?
Speaker 7: You start crying on stage?
Speaker 15: Well, it's obviously for charity, so I didn't want to seem perturbed by who won. Yeah, it wasn't like it was a bad relationship either, like the relationship had just run its court.
Speaker 1: It's just bad that he can't get over it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can we ask how much money you went for? Is that a rude question?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 13: No, it's not rude at all.
Speaker 15: And I for the record. Definitely think I'm worth more than this amount. Okay, it was two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty good.
Speaker 11: That was.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say twenty grand, But okay.
Speaker 1: It's respectable charities do you go to.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say what the Illuminati does and does not do. The two thousand is great. That's a good amount of cash. But with your ex is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it sucks because then you have to go out with your ex. Did you already go out with him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: I didn't.
Speaker 15: I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm gonna make it very clim you know that this is just for charity.
Speaker 2: But what happened after the auction ended with Sam? Were you able to like reconnect with him and be like, hey, I actually like was hoping you would win.
Speaker 15: Yeah. I told him that, and I was actually able to get his phone number later on through Supervisor.
Speaker 2: There we go tell you that.
Speaker 1: He's like, I get a free date. Awesome.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well I haven't contacted him yet. I was hoping that maybe you guys could help me out.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, are we going to call him and convince him to ask you out somehow? Why did you just him out?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I'm nervous. It's a crazy night, and I love you guys so much, and I know he loved your show too, so I figured this might be the best way.
Speaker 2: Maybe we could frame it like the other date fell through and so he can like step in if he wants to be more like official.
Speaker 9: Is that he's gonna think that he still ows two thousand dollars back up.
Speaker 2: Well, then we'll take the two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we're talking to the Brook and Jeffrey Charity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have needs, but Okay, the whole point is we need to ask out Sam for.
Speaker 9: You, and I just think he's going to be so easy, Like why would he say no?
Speaker 15: I guess I'm kind of surprised that he didn't find a way to get my number, but I don't know, maybe he felt like it wouldn't have been the right time since I was literally bought by somebody else. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I wonder if you somehow could just vibe and tell that was your ax or something, and he's just like, look.
Speaker 9: I'm going to let them or somebody else from the foundation that you work with, like let it slip, because I'm sure some of your coworkers knew they're probably.
Speaker 3: Getting back together.
Speaker 2: These are all questions that we can ask him when we come back, call him and try and get the second date update and ask why he didn't think you were worth more than two thousand dollars. Yeah, we're gonna do it right after.
Speaker 16: This second date update, coming up to the auction stage. She's a five foot six brunette but five foot nine in heels. She's got a sharp sense of humor with limited baggage, except for the ex boyfriend who follows her around to charity events and tries to win her back.
Speaker 2: Her name is Mela. Now, let's start the bidding at fourteen million dollars. Oh do I hear fourteen million?
Speaker 6: Fourteen million?
Speaker 1: Nope? No, no, take million?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going a bit on it.
Speaker 6: Sold.
Speaker 9: I think that was actually official Mela for you. You just want a lot of money, more like four bitcoints.
Speaker 2: I know you're worth, Mela.
Speaker 1: How do you feel, Amila?
Speaker 15: I feel really good now that you guys just gave me a proper.
Speaker 2: Bit, is right? I know I'm joking around, but Mela's actual date really wasn't too far off from what just happened there because Mila was trying to help her money for her local community center. She was in an auction. Wanted a guy named Sam, who was there to win her because they had a little flirtation before the event started. Unfortunately, Mila's ex would not let that happen. He showed up and stole her away for the price of two grand.
Speaker 1: He sucks, wow has money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he doesn't like that much and wants to support the local community. But the good news is Mila was able to get Sam's number. That's the guy she really wanted to go out with. So we're about to call him here, and I was thinking we probably when we get him on the phone, should not tell him that the guy that he was bidding against was his ex.
Speaker 1: Did you have to say that part out loud? What is dot? Jeffrey was gonna mention it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you gonna blow up her spies sometimes? You know, I like to brainstorm with everybody in the room. Don't do that, Mela, Is that good with you?
Speaker 15: I was thinking the same thing. Let's not mention it, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're all in agreement. It was all my idea. So now we're gonna call this guy Sam for you. Okay, Dalla's number right now. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Sam.
Speaker 13: This is Sam.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sam, nice to meet you. You're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, what an experience.
Speaker 9: We often auctioned this type of experience off at charity events that wasn't as smooth as your head.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Sam has no idea what you so, Sam, Sorry for the confusion here. We're doing a segment with you called a second date Update. Okay, And the reason that my co host eloquently broke you spilled something about auction stuff is because one of our listeners met you recently had a charity auction for a local community center. Do you remember me?
Speaker 13: Right? Yeah? I was there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah charity.
Speaker 1: Did you meet any cute ladies there?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 15: I did.
Speaker 13: Actually there was one in particular I really liked.
Speaker 2: Was her name Brooke Brook does do a lot of satch gentleman as she can.
Speaker 1: He didn't say. He didn't say drunk lady. He said lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking about a girl named Mela. Is that the one you're thinking of?
Speaker 13: That is the one I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: She was super serious, and I just heard your smile.
Speaker 1: When you said her name. Yeah, what did you like about Mela?
Speaker 13: Mela was just breathtaking. She stood out from the crowd, really cute. I don't know, we just had a really good chemistry and uh oh, she was just sweet, just really relatable.
Speaker 2: You know, was so sweet and so relatable, so breathtaking, but not breathtaking enough to spend more than two thousand dollars on her. I'm just saying. I mean, you we heard that you didn't win when it came time for her to be bid on, no for a date with her.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there was another guy outbid me.
Speaker 1: So what were you feeling when that was happening.
Speaker 13: It was kind of intense. I mean, I didn't have tens of thousands of dollars to spend on a date, so it sounds like.
Speaker 3: That guy had a lot of money.
Speaker 1: You realized she's not actually a thing, an item. You can just ask her out afterwards.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know, but right after somebody bid on her, I don't think that was the right time to go up and ask her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you don't want to do it in front of the person that just spent all this money trying to get her.
Speaker 1: But these things are actual romance. I mean they're just like work.
Speaker 2: Where they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not supposed to.
Speaker 2: Did you have any plans though, like maybe after the event to try and reach out to her something like that.
Speaker 13: He is definitely was on my mind. So funny thing happened was after the auction was over, I went over and talked to the guy that outbid me.
Speaker 1: Oh you did?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Did your sleeves and say best man wins?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Let's oh. I mean, like I said, I really had a connection with me. Left. I went and talked to the guy and it turns out he was her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 9: Oh no, wow, whoa that is news?
Speaker 1: Come on, we knew that.
Speaker 2: Okay, to be honest, we heard that that was the case.
Speaker 1: And she was super disappointed.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Well, I mean I tell her bad. I mean, he was like really trying to get back to her. He was getting all teary eyed talking about how much missed her, and I kind of just I felt bad for him, so I kind of contold him a little bit and I told him to move on. I mean, obviously it's over. It's over, so.
Speaker 3: We've all so you're kind of being.
Speaker 1: A bro at this point that was that was a good message.
Speaker 2: Give a little post relationship therapy.
Speaker 1: Did he listen to? Has he moved on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean it took a little bit of a bribe, so I actually ended up paying him for the date, so I reimbursed him plus a little bit extra. Wait, what by the date of Mila off of him?
Speaker 1: Why does Mela not know this?
Speaker 13: Well, it's going to be a surprise, like he's supposed to go on a day, so I'm going to show up instead.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me.
Speaker 3: By not saying one thing?
Speaker 9: We ruined that that's actually really cute and really sweet.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry due the reason why we're reacting this way, no idea that this plane was going to happen, and we actually have Mela waiting on the other line listening, wanting to talk to you. Surprise, dude, I'm so sorry, but.
Speaker 13: Well, are you there? It was going to be a nice surprise. I was looking forward to saying, we.
Speaker 3: Feel bad already, Mela.
Speaker 13: Mela, No, I'm still surprised.
Speaker 15: I'm so surprised. That's so sweet.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't get to see your reaction in person.
Speaker 2: But wait, wait, hold on, Mela, Mila, are you okay with this. I'm sure you.
Speaker 15: Guys are so sweet, Like, I know you feel bad for like ruining the surprise, but I'm so happy right now, I'm speechless.
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Are you sure?
Speaker 4: Mela?
Speaker 2: Because we can get your ex on the phone and convince him to let's see how high we can go with this, like twenty five.
Speaker 13: He's gonna have to pay me a lot if he wants that date back.
Speaker 9: I feel like you need to start calling more exes of just other random people if you're able to convince them so.
Speaker 5: Like move on.
Speaker 13: No no, no, not unless they're Mela's.
Speaker 2: X or like a couple's counseling.
Speaker 1: I honestly, if you move over, ex, how were you planning on telling her?
Speaker 13: I was gonna just come to the date.
Speaker 2: I mean it was all, oh, yeah, you're just gonna be like sitting at the table and she was going to walk in and instead of the EX, it was going to be you.
Speaker 1: But this is good because she can get more ready to care about the date.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that's what I was thinking to what worn before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Mela, you weren't going to try if it was going to be the X at all?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, no, not at all.
Speaker 13: I'm sure would have looked amazing.
Speaker 17: What Yeah, now I'm giving a little nauseous Okay, so well, what we normally do is we offer to send you guys out on a date that we would pay for.
Speaker 1: We can do that. They're going to go on two dates now.
Speaker 2: After the date that you've already paid for. Would you like to go on another date after that and we'll pay for that? Okay, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, he is so too. He's already planning the next day.
Speaker 2: So cute, well Brook, technically I plan this so I get ownership of it.
Speaker 1: Well, technically the X plan the first one.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna have to step up your game here. Okay, Sam, You're not doing a whole lot over there.
Speaker 13: I'll try my best appear so cute.
Speaker 2: Rook Jeff in the morning and the award for the cutest couple in a second date update for this entire year goes Tola and Sam.
Speaker 1: He dead well they do not polish batter an update. I am going to be so upset.
Speaker 2: Seriously, you're the chemistry written so many texts in the seven, eight, five, nine to a lot of oz with like twenty w's Afterwards, one said the best ruined surprise ever.
Speaker 9: We didn't know and he wasn't even mad that he spent the two brand you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like he could have been like, what she was gonna go out with me anyway?
Speaker 2: What I spent on my money for more than that I knew we could. But anyway, I can't wait to hear from them again as long as their update is and that the X showed up to the date anyway and decided to fight for her, that could be entertaining. Yeah, you're right, I would like to hear.
Speaker 1: He doesn't sound like a fighter. He sounds like more of a crier.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's like with check Bounce.
Speaker 2: But we can always try and help you with your love life. If you ever need a little bit of assistance, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Most people have probably heard of parents say to their kid, hey watch your mouth, or all wash it out with soap.
Speaker 5: Yeah I was one.
Speaker 2: Is that a real threat? Or our parents all talk.
Speaker 3: Now with this, But I never opened my mouth. I just did the teeth like I cried, and they were like, all right.
Speaker 2: Okay, spit it out. I do know. It is a little bit different over at Brooks House, where foul language is actually encourage. It's like, oh, kids, hurry to Jehovah's witness at our door and.
Speaker 13: Taught you.
Speaker 2: But there's a new poll that just asked if people have ever actually had their parents follow through with washing their mouth out with soap.
Speaker 1: If you sang one and four, we are so good right now, because that is exactly.
Speaker 2: I was a little surprised, but it was twelve percent of people said yes. They didn't break it down by age, but from the responses, it seems more like an old school thing order people have this done to them, not really done so much anymore, possibly because not everyone even uses actual bars of soap now just dish.
Speaker 6: You bet.
Speaker 2: A little bit worse to do it that yet maybe, But one person in the comments said, my mom tried to do that to my sister once with a real bar of soap. She bit down on the bar, swallowed part of the soap. My mom completely panicked and that was the last time that ever happened.
Speaker 1: That was a moment you're like kind of should have bought organic.
Speaker 2: Another person joked, soap actually tastes pretty good from what I remember, they looked forward to doing it.
Speaker 3: I heard spring taste and smells like.
Speaker 1: Oh, you rinse the dishes too much. I like it when there's a film.
Speaker 2: So you better listen to our next segment, or we're gonna wash your ears out with soap. Actually, actually, you know what, that was a terrible thread. Just listen to Laser Stories because it's coming up next. It's the radio segment that's getting a lot of publicity on TikTok for his new invention, the reverse Umbrella. Oh tired of staying dry all the time, introducing the umbrella that funnels rain directly onto you because wetter is better. You got yours. With Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other trashy splashies just don't. This first laser story is out of Colorado. A forty year old man named Eugene Robertson had a bizarre interaction at Burger King. Recently, he'd gone through the drive through ordered seven items because he was hungry.
Speaker 1: We're not judging him, Jeffrey. Okay, it's fine, none of us.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then when it came time to pay, unfortunately Eugene didn't have his wallet with him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's why you need to do the phone pay. It's like it has saved me so many.
Speaker 6: Times, showed that and it has changed my life.
Speaker 1: So what did he do?
Speaker 2: Eugene didn't want to go home and get it, so instead he offered a different solution. How about paying for the food with a baggie of drugs like a fair trade.
Speaker 1: Sure iPhone payment or drugs.
Speaker 2: Well, the employee refused, and Eugene, who was getting hungrier by the second, didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was so hungry, so naturally.
Speaker 2: He pulled a gun.
Speaker 9: On him, but he tried to do the nice way he did.
Speaker 2: Luckily he didn't shoot. Instead, he drove off without his food and then proceeded to try the same thing at a seven eleven across the street. He was angry what Eugene ended up shooting out a surveillance camera, but no one was harmed. When police showed up, they found him hiding in some nearby bushes and When he got arrested, the cops asked Eugene if he was okay, and his answer he said he was not physically hurt, but his feelings were definitely.
Speaker 6: Hurts drugs, they're really good drugs.
Speaker 9: Is the worst drug dealer ever.
Speaker 1: No, he was just crying about hurt feelings.
Speaker 2: At the end, not surprisingly, cops learned that Eugene also had warrants out for additional cases, so he was taken to jail, and with all the suspected crimes put together, he's facing more than four hundred years in prison.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe should have remembered his wallet. Yeah, that'll learn you.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nextories out of the World's Games, everyone has a different favorite when it comes to the Summer Olympics. There we go, whether it's the lavish opening ceremonies, the lightning speed relay races, even the amateur torch swallowing contest amongst fans.
Speaker 1: I bet this is participated.
Speaker 2: I win that every single year. Thank you. But if the best part of the games for you is watching the parents of the Olympians react, then do we have news? Because NBC noticed how much audiences love watching good old mom and Dad go nuts in the stands. That's why this summer they'll be fitting Olympic parents with heart rate monitors so we can literally see it's all excited. They get, oh, that's stomping away.
Speaker 1: It might be great if somebody has a heart attack, they'll.
Speaker 2: Know it's coming and they might prove to be be one of the most lucrative part of the Games because NBC is hoping to sell sponsorships for the heart rate monitors as well. Have no word on how often they'll work them into the broadcast, but it's likely gonna be a lot.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be sad if your dad is actually bored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that's what it proves.
Speaker 6: It's entertaining because when they're freaking out and crying or when they're just.
Speaker 3: Like, nah, this is all right.
Speaker 2: Other big changes will include a multitude of celebrity hosts and commentators, from Peyton Manning to Jimmy Fallon to Kelly Clarkson and even Snoop Dog.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so excited for him.
Speaker 2: You can't smoke the ribbon in the gymnastics ceremonies, their stories out of food news. This has been all over social media recently, but just in case you missed it, Pringles has partnered with Crocs to launch a unique snacking accessory. It's an ankle holster for holding potato chips integrated into boots. I'm showing my host the picture of it right now. You can check it out on our instance stories at Broken Jeffrey Brook, how would you describe it?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 9: It goes around your een gole like a bracelet, and then it literally is a pocket that will fit one of those short cans of Pringles inside of it.
Speaker 2: The company says this novelty item is just part of a limited edition Pringles x Crocs line, and these Classic Crush boots are equipped with a mini can of a brand new flavor watermelon Chili lime.
Speaker 6: Watermelon watermelons an good, but the Chili Lime spice averb that.
Speaker 1: Does it say anything?
Speaker 9: Because there's an extra pocket next to the Pringles can. What that pocket's for or do we not know?
Speaker 2: For your weapons?
Speaker 1: I see?
Speaker 2: The collaboration also features other footwear options with Pringles themed decorations, including clogs, classic slides, and much more. Though the boots with the Pringle holder still remain available, not selling out for some reason.
Speaker 1: That's because if you have one of those short cans of Pringles. You just have an empty can.
Speaker 9: I mean you're gonna eat the whole thing, so you're gonna walk around with an empty can all day.
Speaker 2: This move by Pringles and Crocs capes on the growing snack food market, merging fashion with food and an Instagram ready twist.
Speaker 4: I think I.
Speaker 6: Still have a top Ramen sweater line around somewhere, do you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Remember that was cool?
Speaker 2: Like three years ago.
Speaker 1: I missed that one.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where it's at.
Speaker 2: It's next the story is out of the good Life. Just a decade ago, the American dream was to live in the suburbs in a three bedroom house with a white picket fence and two point five children.
Speaker 9: A yeah, I love that half a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is so easy. Well, that dream could be changing, because a full third of Americans say they wouldn't actually mind living in a van down by.
Speaker 5: The river pleasure.
Speaker 1: This has literally been my goal since college.
Speaker 9: I mean, do you think that I didn't do a major in art for no reason?
Speaker 2: Yes, so you can grow up to be a homeless person living that I.
Speaker 1: Didn't finish it, and it's still a big regrets.
Speaker 6: You're accidentally successful.
Speaker 2: God, I have a job thousand adults were asked would you ever consider van life, and they defined it as a lifestyle that involves living and traveling in a converted van. The result, thirty six percent of Americans said yes, down, and that includes thirteen percent who actively want to do that right now.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's a trend.
Speaker 9: I love it until you actually see the RV parks by the side of the freeway.
Speaker 7: My friends that tried it always were like, well, I did it till it broke down every time.
Speaker 1: You do have to learn how to fix it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've ever seen the videos online, it looks absolutely miserable, Like percent of the time is absolute garbage. You have to go shower in like seven elevens.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Jeffrey, you just stop showering.
Speaker 2: Why have you a nice smelling van that's going to just the morning sunrise? Not my RV got broke into twice over Yeah, fifty two percent said no thanks. Not surprisingly, almost half of people under thirty loved the idea.
Speaker 3: They love it.
Speaker 2: A lot of gen z ers are up for it. The same Paul also found forty four percent of us wouldn't mind living in a tiny house with less than five hundred square feet of space.
Speaker 9: They're so cute though, you know, like you have you ever readed one and you're like, look at how they thought of storage here.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean, it definitely works for some people. This guy has a tiny little condo that's equipped with a sexy secret back room and you can learn all about that when the book comes out. Fifty Shades of Green Buyers. Now, that's how means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time.
Speaker 4: On Friday, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We've got a return player today. His name is Daniel and he is one and two against you all time, Brookes. So we asked him, how did you beat her that one time? Daniel says it was kind of a slum dog millionaire moment really, where everything aligned to just facts that he knew from his own life. Did that include the back room torture scene? To Daniel, did Brook torch.
Speaker 6: You a little bit?
Speaker 1: That is so dark?
Speaker 2: Jeff Okay, if you'd like that, we can throw that in this round.
Speaker 1: Some guys would like to well, that's not a lie. It's not a lie. That is true. Daniel, how are you feeling about your chances this time around.
Speaker 13: H I feel like it's always fifty to fifty.
Speaker 16: Beating you on the radio and sometimes not really.
Speaker 9: Like if you listen to this segment, it's more of like a ninety ten situation, you know, me winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not good at math, hopefully that's not in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not very good at smack talk either. Daniel, you're too polite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a very kind, gentle soul.
Speaker 2: But maybe that'll humble Okay, maybe his humility will play to his advantage though, Because Brook is leaving the studio while she heads out, you got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you do have to beat her outright if you want to win. Are you ready? Good luck, my man? Your time starts now. The winner of the first ever season of American Idol celebrates a birthday today. What's her Name? The uppermost portion of the sun's atmosphere shares its name with what Popular Beer? What Mexican dish translates to little Meats in English. Live from New York, It's Saturday Night is how every episode of what TV show starts? What River was the setting for the book Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Tennessee. Name the fruit that's served in black forest cake.
Speaker 15: I couldn't hear the last part of that.
Speaker 2: Name the fruit that's served in black forest cake?
Speaker 6: Three BlackBerry?
Speaker 3: Two BlackBerry.
Speaker 2: He went with a pie. That's the answer. Okay, Brooks back in the studio.
Speaker 4: My bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Daniel, it says on my phone screener here that you are a tile setter slash contractor and the latest thing in contracting is arge format tile panels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is correct.
Speaker 2: I am fascinated by that. Are we talking like five by ten with no grout lines? Are you more of a six by six guy?
Speaker 13: Well, they start five by ten, but we make them to the format of the wall.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Body is being funny.
Speaker 2: Fascinated by this because I could see us doing that with shower stuff, fireplaces, literally anywhere. Where's your favorite place to tile?
Speaker 4: Daniel?
Speaker 1: Why is this conversation?
Speaker 2: This is my slum dog millionaire moment, okay, as well as showers, fireplace showers? Yeah, oh, Daniel, We're going to do tile talk once we're done with this segment for like twenty minutes. But we got to go to Brook Tam for some radio stuff.
Speaker 1: You should just skip me.
Speaker 2: But you got to answer Brook.
Speaker 6: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait for your podcast to come out.
Speaker 11: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. The winner of the first ever season of American Idol celebrates a birthday today. What's her Name? Kelly Clarkson the uppermost portion of the sun's atmosphere shares its name with what popular.
Speaker 1: Be Uh Corona?
Speaker 2: What Mexican dish translates to little meats in English?
Speaker 1: Oh? Interested, Uh, I don't know?
Speaker 2: Burrito live from New York. It's Saturday night is how every episode of what TV show starts Saturday Night Live? What River was the setting for the book Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Mississippi. Name the fruit that served in black Forest cake?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Cherries?
Speaker 2: All right, man, I wish we could talk tiles more, but we don't have time for it. We got to go to the scoreboard first with Jose sixty nine.
Speaker 6: Dude, appropriate Daniel, I have a name for your podcast with Jeffery. You should call it Let's Tile.
Speaker 2: A while, all right?
Speaker 1: As if you couldn't make it sound more boring, Oh, I love it sounds like a bad SNL sketch.
Speaker 6: Daniel, you got to correct today, here we go and Brook yeah five correct.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a slum Dog millionaire type of moment for you today, Daniel, I'm sorry. Let's go over the answers for everybody. Winner of the first ever season of American Idol was Kelly Clarkson. She turns forty two today. Happy birthday, Kelly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love her new talk show.
Speaker 2: By the way, she can talk more about tyless me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The uppermost portion of the Sun's atmosphere shares its name with Corona Corona beer.
Speaker 15: Hey.
Speaker 2: The Mexican dish that translates to little meats is carnitas.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Live from New York on Saturday night is how they start every episode of SNL. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn takes place on the Mississippi River and in a black forest cake you have the fruit cherries, which is the filling in the middle of that cake. Now, Daniel, it wasn't enough to beat Brooke today, But the good news is just for playing you do win a pair of tickets to see comedian Becky Robinson perform May seventeenth. That's no qualm. Casino Seattle's Consens Casino.
Speaker 15: That's great, all right, thank you.
Speaker 10: Okay, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to give a I'd like to give a plug, if that's all right.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: Diligence Foring.
Speaker 13: If you need any tile set, large format or otherwise.
Speaker 10: We love the.
Speaker 13: Service your needs.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like due Diligence Flooring.
Speaker 6: Though I came in with a tagline Diligence Flooring.
Speaker 3: We're not boring.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 6: I'm here to improve your.
Speaker 2: Life, brother, and the company just went bankrupt. Oh yeah, sorry about that, Daniels. Sorry, hey, come back play anytime.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 2: We'll be back to do Windbrook's Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.