Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning, everybody is stee j Envy, Jess hilarious, Charlamage, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the buildings.
Speaker 4: Indeed, the brother tank something when you know what I'm in here, man, look at young every time we see you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's I use a good exfoliant. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: What's your routine in the morning. You got a face routine in the morning.
Speaker 5: Well, I use my my wife's you know, beauty tools and stuff. You know what I'm saying, Xena Foster beauty. Get over there. Got to get you, gotta get you. Yeah, I get you right. But that's about it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: A little dove there you go.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. I keep it clean.
Speaker 3: Take always happy every time you see Okay, wherever you see take if it's a club, if it's out in the streets, happy in.
Speaker 1: A good move.
Speaker 5: Listen, she's apparently been listening to my music, So I feel good about that.
Speaker 4: Take them just somebody been in there, didn't get out.
Speaker 2: This is serious.
Speaker 5: That's really awesome. I'm really happy for you.
Speaker 6: Do you make your movie, I mean, you make your music for those those moments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's I mean that was kind of a point in the beginning. You know, like everything we do is for the attention of a woman or women for that matter, depending on how you play it, you know what I'm saying. So for me musically, like, I want to be connected to as many of those moments as humanly possible. I want to be responsible for bringing life into the universe.
Speaker 6: People come up to you and said that the club.
Speaker 5: I've met the kids, Yeah, no, I was born because I've met I'm that old now, you know what I'm saying to where I've met the children the offspring of my music. So I'm really out of that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I see it feels like R and B, especially the nineties two thousands, R and B has picked up a lot more.
Speaker 1: Have you noticed that as well?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, the feeling a right, it's the feeling of it is what's back people want to and it's what's crazy is that. Of course, I give credit to the women for keeping R and B in the mainstream conversation, right, they have been kicking ass and taking names, right, But I gotta give some credit to hip hop to the sampling of all of this old R and B that they've been bringing back to the forefront and making people take a deep dive into what those samples are and rediscovering the original feelings and now desiring those things.
Speaker 6: Give me some examples.
Speaker 5: Shit so much. I was just listening to Doja cat those did. She just had record record with the T Troop record. I mean it originally Michael Jackson five, but I was like, remember the first time you heard true shout out to Little Steve and and like Chucky Booker and them, like the type of production you don't even do that no more. So you have to actually outsource it by going to the crates you know what I'm saying, and bringing that feeling back and and they don't know why it's connecting. We know because we were there, but it's it's something about that frequency. It just makes you feel good.
Speaker 7: When you like, like your first you did it with yourself, with your own music, you recreated I Deserve And was it you recreated?
Speaker 5: I did a well one of my own I Deserve. I was like, let me sample it for somebody else, sample it because they're gonna take all the money.
Speaker 8: Then and then I know it was Night One that you did.
Speaker 5: You okay, it was Brian originally Michelle and Decrichello, you know what I'm saying. So there there was and I was like, you know what, I might as well get in on this too, because we rarely do that. And I was like, let me just tap into some old and of course bribe me to Night you know, one of my inspirations growing up, and Michelle and dego Cello is absolutely one of my favorites. So I just had to get some of that.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask you, man. That was one of my questions I have for you. Is R and B music a sound or a feeling?
Speaker 5: It's both. It's both because it's like the feeling is express through the sounds, you know what I mean? Like you like think about like Davante, like how was he feeling when he made that when they were making Joe to Sy music? Like what was he on? You know what I'm saying? He when? When? When when Casey says, take my mother Jesus Christ, my house and my house and my car.
Speaker 8: You okay, let him work, let him work.
Speaker 5: You gotta you gotta mean that in order for it to resonate, like like, yes, you can take my money, my house, in my car for one hit of you. I mean them to this day, to this day. I mean now, but you.
Speaker 1: Don't hear that now out of that soul and that feeling was.
Speaker 6: A slick way you're telling somebody, I'll give you the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, but we moved into this, you know, we moved into this kind of you know, samp and all of these things. When it comes to taking care of women. I just think that men are just they've they've been programmed to not be vulnerable. You know what I'm saying. They've been programmed to not to not cater. I don't know who started that. You know what I'm saying. It ain't pimping, It ain't player, you know what I'm saying, because all the pems on the players. I grew up watching taking care that they women.
Speaker 3: But where did it end? Like what era did it end? Because even early Trees was singing his ass off to the women, expressing his love.
Speaker 4: I think it was when the RB singers started wanting to be rappers, and when a lot of these RB singers probably started having sex with.
Speaker 8: I think it's exactly what said, guys are all right, But I'm trying to go over there. What you say, say it again.
Speaker 6: That's what I think what it was, Say it again.
Speaker 4: I think when the ARMB singers started wanting to be rappers and a lot of the RMB singers started sleeping with the rapper, I don't even know what that means, not saying that, not saying that a man can't make songs about another man and it's still be a love song, just saying I think that they started loving on each other so much that they really was on some f the women stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think I could have seen tang faces like the no.
Speaker 5: But I also think that you know, you know, with with the with the wanting to be with With hip hop's emergence, right, it became this really cool thing that was taking over everything the airwaves, radio, of the clubs and all of that. And so as R and B artists getting left behind, we're trying to figure out how to compete and stay relevant. And so you in the club and you you know, you're decently hot artist, but none of your songs are being played in here. And all the songs are about bottles, and they're about cars, and they're about money and it's about it's not about women, it's about bitches, and so it's like, shit, I got to incorporate some of this into my music if I'm going to survive in this new landscape. And so as we took that turn, or as R and B took that turn and never found its balance.
Speaker 6: I think it's the DJ fault.
Speaker 4: And I tell you why, because there used to be a time when we was growing up in the clubs, there would be a moment where the slow songs played.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, but regardless, y'all don't turn down there everybody be on too much drugs.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean there was a time, and usually it was at the end of the party. But now it comes back. Now I have a set in the middle of my party where I play R and B music. In this set, that's usually the biggest part of it because people are singing. They feel that that how it felt to be during that time.
Speaker 1: So it does go back. I would say that, but I just feel like it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make it cool anymore. Somebody talks about singing in the rain anymore, or talking about the girl hurt their feelings. Like I was listening to the Boys the Men record and he was telling this girl cheated.
Speaker 1: He was like, it's okay, baby, I just want you back.
Speaker 8: I just didn't care.
Speaker 5: I just didn't.
Speaker 1: But if somebody did that now, they'd be like, look at this simp ass.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. I listen, I still do it. I don't care.
Speaker 6: He still what simple?
Speaker 5: If that's what they want to call it, mad if I wasn't married, that's That's still.
Speaker 7: What I'm gonna be on, showing that she can be vulnerable as a man, like you know, you open it up and then I'm.
Speaker 8: Telling you I don't care. That's what I guess.
Speaker 7: I can speak for me, but I can speak for a lot of women too, Like that is attractive when a man is not only just thinking bottles bitches.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 7: No, it's you guys speak to my soul and music and some like a lot of older R and B does that for me.
Speaker 8: I don't hear today.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I don't subscribe to any of that stuff. I don't care. I don't care what they do or how the tables turn. I do the R and B that I love that I fell in love with. You know what I'm saying, I watched my older uncles and everybody. I still follow their model and I and my job. I'm responsible for maintaining the line to where we treasure and we cater and we take care of our women.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 4: And the other thing too. I think the art of love making is gone. Like if you listen to you, if you listen to like that that you and Jay Valentine did and that song slow yeah, you have had to have made love in order to truly appreciate that record. You no, my face, that's my type of view.
Speaker 2: You have to be listen.
Speaker 5: Men, I want to say this, I want to put this out there, and I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say this this way and then we'll and then we'll fix it up later. You have to fall back in love with pussy. You have to fall back in love with the idea. Now let's clean up of making love to a woman and and doing it at a high level. You have to you have to study a woman. You have to ask questions, You have to learn her body in order to do this thing the right way. Every key does not start. One key doesn't started your cards, right. You got to be curious about that thing, right, and outside of the curiosity, you have to have an infinity for it. You got to have a love for it. Enjoy sit it on my face. That's my type of Yes.
Speaker 6: Can I swim?
Speaker 2: Can I swim?
Speaker 8: Come on now about him?
Speaker 6: Don't do it to finish, do it because you love it.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen.
Speaker 5: My wife will tell you just eat it and beat it.
Speaker 2: Talk at a high level.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I treat her like she knew.
Speaker 6: Talking about talk about it. That ain't no about your wife.
Speaker 5: Were facing each other, he was, I don't care when I'm you in the I don't care what no other.
Speaker 2: Niggas is doing.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: It's listen.
Speaker 5: When we used to be in the club with Jamie Fox, and Fox will look around in it sex way. It's too many dudes in here. Y'all gotta move. That's where I'm from. What are women at That's my.
Speaker 6: Focus And that's not a disc that's just the truth is.
Speaker 5: That's why I got all this nice ship on man R and B singers.
Speaker 6: I would assume their muse is women at all times.
Speaker 5: That's the point. That is the point to to have some type of spiritual or physical connection with a woman.
Speaker 8: So that's what we're getting in the vault. That's what we're getting.
Speaker 5: More of that, more of that feeling. The shout out to fab fabulous is when I say stand up brother, absolutely, man, I mean pulled up for me, not just on the song. And you know sometimes you know, when you're dealing with a an artist, you know, with the magnitude of fat like, it can take you a good four to six months to get that feature. He's moving, he's a dobby, he's moving around. This man said, I got you. As soon as I get back, I'll be back in the week and a half, two weeks. I got you not only knocked ou out? Said when's the video when we shoot cool? I'm on the way. Then said man, we're the assets, so I can promote like.
Speaker 6: Come from a different generation.
Speaker 5: But he's still fab you know what I'm saying. And so your access to him, regardless of how cool you are, still limited, right because he's doing what he does and so for him to make himself available to me and for this record, man, which is really really started before we get started, and this racist it's in terms of climbing the charts, is my fastest record. Why do you think that is? Tempo? People have been people have been waiting for tempo from me. I got the slow in the mid, I got that, but now they don't let me get some tempo. Now you've then fucked up.
Speaker 1: So you did this on purpose? You wanted a tempo roight, Absolutely, yeah, this is calculated.
Speaker 5: This is on purpose. I needed the right one. My guy Dirk sent me this record. I said, you do not know what you have just done. You gave tank tempo.
Speaker 4: It's crazy that you're still trying to make new records at this point. I'm not saying that you can't have such a catalog. You really don't even have to if you don't want to.
Speaker 5: I do because I don't remember that last hit record. I don't remember it, don't I don't live in it. I don't live in that last outfit that I wore. You know what I'm saying every day is okay, what's next? How can I beat that? That was cool? Because I'm watching around me, you know what I'm saying. If need be, I'll drive up to CB's house, you know what I'm saying, and let him play me a thousand songs. I'm like, shit, I got more work to do, you know what I'm saying, I'll look at the charts and see who's on there. I'm not okay, I got work to do. Yeah, Like that's what drives me. Like it's so many new things have every day that I'm like this, Oh I got to compete with that. I got to fight with that. You know what I'm saying, And it gets me up for game.
Speaker 3: Now, your health and how you are as far as not drinking it and all the things that you do. Is that from what place? Is that from a place of you seeing people your age doing it and you're like, damn, did it'll look as good? Or is it from a I just want to be healthy type of place?
Speaker 5: It's really healthy. I mean it's really like. I'm an athlete first, so for me, it's very important you know what goes into my body because what goes in is what comes out. You know what I'm saying. I've often, I've often been in the gym and my model to myself is what will Floyd do? What would Mayweather? Do? You know what I'm saying, Because I've watched him buy thirty bottles. You know what I'm saying. I've watched the people around him rolling up smoke, and I've watched the people around him just indulge. I watched him do none of it and then grab his stuff out the back of the truck when we leave the club and run home. Mm hmm. I said, that's what a billion dollars looks like. I want that. So when me and my guy gains get in there, like, it's not a game. This part of what I do as it correlates to who I am as an artist. It's not why I do it. I would be doing this anyway, you know what I'm saying, Like I want to be one hundred and fifty. You know what I'm saying, still pulling up to the breakfast club? Yeah? Yeah, And I pray y'all are still here. But if y'all know I'm still.
Speaker 6: I think I got one hundred and one.
Speaker 5: You got one hundred and one ice Why can't we fifty? Why not?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna put it. I'm not gonna say we can. I'm not gonna put a limitation on it. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's all what you're putting in.
Speaker 6: Did what happened with Jamie scare you too?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Absolutely? And you know you just it just goes back to the idea of you just never know. You just never know, and it's not something you can predict, not something you can for his situation prevent, you know what I mean. Sometimes your body will just you know, the alert is is detrimental, right, your body telling you something is wrong. It's sometimes you know, the alarm is damned near fatal, you know what I mean. And that's just that's just life. And so yeah, it's scary. I mean just not just because he's you know, one of my best friends, but just like it could have easily been either one of us.
Speaker 4: You know what I find interesting about that situation too, because you talk about, you know, giving people their flowers while they're here, when it seemed like Jamie I don't want to say this but may not have made it like people didn't know everybody was giving him as flowers as soon as he made it.
Speaker 6: It's like all of that kind of just stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like when he was like, we were appreciate that Jamie's the greatest of all, he's one of the most talented human beings.
Speaker 6: Then soon as than you realize he's okay, it's just like all that stuf.
Speaker 5: We I mean, I want to say, our culture We have a thing about that, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, somebody passes and then we you know, we running music up the charts, you know what I mean? We have the thing about our legendary artists that we just don't preserve until it's too late, you know what I mean. I was having this conversation yesterday about about Boys to Men. Right, Boys to Men is the highest selling group of all times, not the high selling black group, the high selling group really, And I actually remember, I actually remember a time where I was sending my sister to go see a Boys to Men concert at a venue that only hell four hundred people. How is that even possible that we let Boys to Men get to that. Now they're back now they know they's six seven figures to good now, right, But how is it that we let that happen? Whereas in the rolling Stones can pop out every summer.
Speaker 3: Say that they're not that good, and they should be that good if they're the number one telling they should be on some rolling stones to do the guarden three times, four times, five times in a row every year, you too.
Speaker 5: We can we can run down the list of those legendary artists from those other cultures that still get to run it up and we just throw our legends away so casually like the they didn't build this, that's that's we can't.
Speaker 4: Do that said the highest selling group and what category R and B? I mean R and B man, I don't know, boys men, I'm google that laboratory, but you're right, But even think about it, highest selling R and B group of all time.
Speaker 3: But even think about it like this, no disrespect to Michael Bibbins. Michael Bibbons should be one hundred millionaire. That's the case because he founded them and the records it's still moving.
Speaker 5: Well. I mean, that's that's business, right. And so you know I was in the Boys. I was in a new edition story, you know what I'm saying. So how all that business came about and what went on behind notes, that's something that's a different conversation. But ultimately, yes, you know what I'm saying, the conversation should be, Michael Bivens pioneered X, Y and Z. Let's make sure that he has a job or a high level position curating the next generation of You know what I'm saying. When people come on my podcast, like I yell at all these people. I yell at Sean Garrett, I yell at you know, all these pioneers who come on on our problem, Like, what are you doing, Mike City, what are you doing? You know so much about this game, You've curated so many moments, so much music, have blessed so many artists. What are you doing? You know this? What are we doing to preserve our genre music? And so you know, I've challenged everybody and we're taking the challenge on too. R and B Money is taking on the challenge with R and B Everything, the Army Money.
Speaker 4: Podcast with Tanking J Bobbing on the Black Effect, I Heeart Radio podcast network. What is the meaning of the R and B Money like, like, why is it your podcast? Why is it the albums? What does that mean?
Speaker 6: What does that sound brand mean? R and B Money?
Speaker 5: People love money. People love the idea that something makes money that is successful and and and and that is just attractive to people. The word money, right, you can't get past it, Like as soon as you say, as soon as you hurt young money like young, as soon as you heard cash money, they money isn't all cash.
Speaker 2: You just love money.
Speaker 5: And so for me it's like associating R and B with success. We could we could be deep and put some other nuances to it. You know what I'm saying, A glamorous R and B or you know what I'm saying, or top shelf R and B. No, for simple people, R and B money money, This is how we live. And all this, you see, came from R and B.
Speaker 4: That makes sense when I listen to a song like want of Love is love when it comes.
Speaker 6: To R and B to sound or the feeling, is its simply sexual?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, it can't be because love is not Love is. Love is not those things like we say, want to make love like that? It sounds good, you know what I'm saying. That's just the physical aspect of it. But love is the choice you make about somebody every day. It's not an actual feeling. Love is a choice that you have to make every day. So I'm rocking with you right, good or bad or ugly. Like when we were just talking about when he said, I know you were seeing that other fella, that's part of it. I didn't marry into perfection. I'm married under the idea that hey man, whatever it is, we just gonna rock through it. I chose you to walk through life with and that means whatever comes with.
Speaker 6: That love got to be a feeling though, right.
Speaker 5: No, that's euphoria.
Speaker 6: Really yeah, break that down for me. Take I ain't get there yet.
Speaker 5: Love is a choice. It's a choice. Right, as we go back, Let's let's say you're Christian. Let's say you're you're, You're you're you know, you're a devout Christian, you and you're into the Bible. The choice that was made was that Jesus said, I'm going to die for you. God so loved the world that he sent. It wasn't a feeling. He set something in motion, because that's how you show the love I'm going to send my son and then he's going to die. Another choice that he made. He didn't have to die. He could have, he could have tore that whole thing down.
Speaker 4: But you only make that choice for things that you have to have feelings for, right, Like I don't wake up every day and choose to love something that I don't have any love for.
Speaker 5: It's a commitment. It's a commitment to your purpose. Right. You get good feelings from it, you know what I'm saying, Because that's that's just you being that's just you being connected to the universe. Things feel good, you know what I'm saying. And when you're on a certain path that you're connected to, it feels even better because it's connected to your purpose or connected to you know, like when you when you have deja vu and you're like, I feel like I've been here before. I feel like I'm.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be here.
Speaker 5: You feel that, right, But that's just that's just feelings. Love is a choice. I have to decide how I express that choice, and we just we just call it love.
Speaker 6: War the choice to the war, the choice. You got a song on the new album called War.
Speaker 4: It made me say, if you know your behavior is going to cause war, why choose it?
Speaker 5: Think? Sometimes you can't help yourself. You cannot help yourself. You all you We are not perfect people, we're not.
Speaker 6: But you to be that ten thousand in the club.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you can't help yourself. You ain't never been in the club. And it just in the moment just got good to you. I just feel like we need three more bottles. We need three more bottles, and we need five more thousand and ones. No I'm not saying right now, I'm just saying, when you started really getting that money, what ye like when you like, when you in the strip club and you're in a.
Speaker 1: Zone, you're talking to somebody that picks up singles off the floor.
Speaker 6: Though that was back in the day. Relaxed myself.
Speaker 5: When you're in the strip club and you get in a zone, just bring me more ones. I'll figure it out after this. Remember, you could manipulate the uh uh the where you gonna get the money from the machine? Remember you could manipulate the atm on the weekends. A lot of people too young for that, you remember you could? You could. You could go to different ATMs and grab money out based on the balance that you had on Friday. On Friday, and they would catch it until Monday, you'd be overdrawn, like like fifteen Jesus. But I had to get to the strip club. They needed to see.
Speaker 6: Me, They needed to see see.
Speaker 5: And I couldn't come in empty hand.
Speaker 1: You spent at the strip club? How much you think you spent that club?
Speaker 5: I don't know, No, I mean in the most and one night maybe not, something like maybe like a little forty fifty nothing crazy? Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 6: That's a lot of money. Fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: A script club in relation to what to what you make.
Speaker 6: Someone who only said, no, I'm acting my wage. I don't know about y'all.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you save up for that moment. I've seen real money being spent in the club, you know what I'm saying. I've been with BMF with real money. That fifty thousand I'm talking about it nothing. They were throwing all hundreds when I walked in with him, and and like in in Charlemagne fashion, I had my shirt out. I need to catch some of this. I'm not gonna dance, but all this can't hit the floor like I've seen it.
Speaker 6: What the script clubs do? V? R and B singers like?
Speaker 4: We know why rappers go to the script club, like, you know, they want to get their music play.
Speaker 5: Because at the time our music was being played in there, so you forget my music is being played in the strip clubs. Yeah, you know, I hold strip clubs. They called me and they played, they played when we they played fucking with me, they played, Yeah, I got I got ship.
Speaker 8: You do listen home when you got a song when.
Speaker 5: You dance, I got I got shipped. You know what I'm Say'm saying, and so when they danced to my music that I I have to reward them for that. You know what I'm saying. I have to take care of them for that.
Speaker 1: And the Strip club for free. The money that you make at strip club you get back and just.
Speaker 6: Give it back like um to give program.
Speaker 5: I remember what I host. I was the first artist to host King of Diamonds. And I remember when I host the King of Diamonds. I think I think I might have got like fifteen to twenty thousand for it, and and and I foolishly got all that in once. M But I had a time. I went back, played basketball, had some food. I looked at one time I got Aaron Corsar, he was eating steak basketball King of Diamonds.
Speaker 1: Bast leave.
Speaker 5: They had to they had to, They had to soap, they had to the sudge, get in a pool like I left, like one time seven o'clock in the morning. Wow, Well I was walking out the strip, was dressed, walk out together.
Speaker 1: That was before you was married though, No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well but war is war is just a depiction of that. You know what I'm saying, This means war. Look, I laid him walking in I'm some random club drinking with my friends.
Speaker 1: What does your wife said? When when she heard these stories.
Speaker 5: She'd be she's indifferent, you know what I'm saying, because you know, she don't like strip clubs at all, and she doesn't go with you no, And I'd be like, babe, you should go with me. You know what I'm saying. We had this rule where I wouldn't go, and then I just started breaking the rules and it was like, look, I'm going grown ass man where I can't go. But you know it was because I would go in there and I would kind of be irresponsible, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you spend in fifty thousands, she probably.
Speaker 5: Like, no, it's that And so there's okay, if you're gonna go, you're gonna have a good time, Like, don't forget, you know, yeah, family, let's just let's just you know, so damn, how.
Speaker 4: Good of a time are you having? You forget you have a family. How much of a time you must be having a strip club family?
Speaker 5: If she looking at you know, looking at the AMX, you know what I'm saying, And then there's just just a tab for twelve thousand dollars, Like what are we doing? What what are we doing?
Speaker 8: Come on now, you need a white thoat.
Speaker 5: You need it. You need an accountability system. I absolutely need that. So that's just that's just kind of our thing. But you know, in this song, I just wanted to make sure to tell that story because every man goes through this, you know what I'm saying, where they just want to do what they want to do. They want to do their thing. I see you calling me, but you I'm rocking right now, and so you know it's it's it's it's like you said, it's starting a war. You know you're starting a war, but you're like, you know, I'll fight that battle when I get home. It is what it is.
Speaker 6: It almost got a country field to it.
Speaker 5: It's very country is that it's a very no I did this record three years ago, Wow, and I was like, oh, y'all finally caught up. Cool. I'll drop it. My guys, Javon Co Captains. They produced it, and when they send it to me, I was like, bro, this is so different. And when I when I wrote it, I was like, Okay, let me tell this story because country is Country is still a good place where you can tell those stories. The best, the best for you, and so that's that's where I came from. But I've been there, everybody just now, you know, trying to be country, I've been there.
Speaker 7: A lot of these songs are a lot of these songs songs that you have been done. I mean, is that why it's called the vault because you think of a vault and you're like, this is what I had been had.
Speaker 5: That one is the only one that I had already. What's up them? Come inside? Dang? You know all about that that herd a Special Place lived. Yeah, that was the Kevin Hart damn and that record when and I had that record. But I did that record at uh at the Loft camp for Puff for did he in his in his album? And when he was going through records, this this song didn't make the cut, and you know, and I called and I called him. I was like, bro, because he was holding all the records and everything was done at the camp. He's mine. I paid for the you know what I'm saying. I paid for the camp and rightfully, so he can do that. You know what I'm saying. Whoever paid for that studio term and all that.
Speaker 1: Day camp work, he paid you all the right records and he just kept.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean he he created, he created the atmosphere, so about the about the studio, set up, the tents, like he just did a whole thing. Chef's bar, like this was in La fantastic album. That album was a great album album, great album, you know. So I wasn't mad. I was like, it's some great music on there. I'm not mad. JOSSI did her thing on there. It's like a crazy album. But you know a lot of times when when when artists have these records that you know, they hold them until until they need them, they'll use them for the next project or whatever. And and I hit him, I was like, Dad, I need that record, man, can you please please let me get that record? The Playboy? I got you king you good man run with it. And that was that was love on his part, man, because most artists, you know, they don't do that. I don't write anyone. Yeah, I mean I submitted a lot, I did a lot of work. But for me, like it was, I don't really go to camps. You know what I'm saying. I don't go to the whole you know what I'm saying. Thousand producers, thousand writers. But you know, when he hit me, he was like, Bro, you're the You're you're the best at it, and I just need you. I need you in the building. I need people to see that you're here, because that's gonna make people thank here. I gotta go hard, I gotta I gotta go crazy, And so that was I was there for the energy, but also to participate work with you know, Cardiac who's super dope, Eric Bellinger, all those guys was up there. You know what I'm saying. Like the room, I mean when I say it was crazy, it was crazy. Like the people that came that showed up the Diddy for that camp. It was crazy. It was crazy. So I was just I was just happy they'd let me walk walk with that record about to go on.
Speaker 8: With another og Carl Thomas.
Speaker 4: Carl Thomas one of the greatest R and B albums of all time, not even close.
Speaker 5: And people I've seen people ask me, you know, people ask me why you know, why you choose Carl Thomas, why you choose Kerry Hillson. I'm like, you don't hear it.
Speaker 4: Emotion was literally one of the greatest RMB albums, Like you don't you don't top the bottom, Love Making music.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like when we down at them do ops with my girl are down and down in uh in Miami, and then Carl Thomas records, come on, it's a thing. Absolute shit really happens. Play some of them carry Hillson records like things happen. Yeah, I say, first of all, I want to go into with my friends. I want to go in toward people I like. But then too, I want to I want to be out there is it's an R and B money tour. I want the catalog to be expensive. Some expensive catalogs, you know, carry got hot one hundreds. Carl Thomas has Timeless R and B.
Speaker 8: I'm parties today right now with Summer Rain.
Speaker 7: They play that at the top, in the middle of the party, at the end like they bring what And I grabbed him like I don't care where I'm at, no karaoke even playing.
Speaker 5: Let me give me a little come on, you gotta play for that Charlamagne has given us. He's blessed us.
Speaker 8: With his storming. Come on outside when she keeps me home? That's my song.
Speaker 2: That was That was.
Speaker 4: My wife and college rocking with car Time, Carl Thomas emotional and Joe my name is Joe.
Speaker 5: I gotta I gotta do a tour with Joe too. Yeah, Man, the tour and a song.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 5: People have been wanting that for quite some time. You know what I'm saying, I get you know, Joe likes to hide until it's time. You know what I'm saying, Like, well, you know, I'll I'll be out playboy. You know what I'm saying. I'm a pop out of.
Speaker 6: You mentioned everybody with TGT. I ain't no boy, no time reason genuine was up with debt. Yeah, but you was in the studio when I saw you in the studio working on My Beautiful Pain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think you know, I think we we're at a great place, man, We're at a great place where I think now we all everybody collectively sees the value in what we are and what we created. And it's again, it's this resurgence of just that feeling of R and B. And so you got you got two guys from the nineties who got classicalogs. You got me coming in from the two thousands, who came came up under these guys, and and people are hungry and thirsty for that. And so you're going to see h You're going to see some T G T you know. Fortunately, thank god, you're gonna get that album. No, I don't know if we have an album, but we do have We do have a couple of moments. Yeah, that that we're lining up that are gonna be very special. So that's all. That's all I can really really say about that.
Speaker 6: And I saw you the other night.
Speaker 4: Man, I forgot don't know where y'all was at the Flavor flav was singing. He was what was so I forgot what he was singing?
Speaker 5: Was it we were honoring, they were honoring. I don't want to get this wrong to be I don't remember be there. I can't, I don't I don't want to mess up the name of the organization. Seana hit me. It was like, we're honoring Jimmy, jam and Terry Lewis and we need you to do what you do. And I was like, cool, I'm in. You say, Jimmy, Jaime and Terry Lewis, I'm in. I don't. I don't care what it is. And so we're honoring them and and and Babyface is there, and you know, I don't want to pressure baby Face to sing, but he's there, and I'm like, Babyface, if you want to sing, you can, you don't have to. And they started playing one of his songs and we were singing in faces like na, na, let me let me handle that. He started singing, just Slaver Flavs just came out of nowhere and just started and just started singing.
Speaker 6: You look surprised that he could hold a note.
Speaker 5: No, if that wasn't surprise, it was just like that.
Speaker 6: Think about it, like, why did you take the mic from Babyface to give it a flavor?
Speaker 5: My thing is Babyface is singing all right, and and Flavor Flame has the gall and audacity to take the micro to run up and started singing against the baby Face.
Speaker 6: Why didn't you stop it? That's why the game need referees. You're supposed to stop that.
Speaker 5: Right then you're big enough to stopping pos at that moment, right, It only goes one way. It only looks like disrespect in front of that many people. You know what I'm saying, Like now it's now it's flavor Flake. He is Flavor Flake. Let's not discredit him.
Speaker 6: He is who he is.
Speaker 5: And then I run up on him saying, nigga, baby Face singing, hold on right now, nigga, hold on, hold on?
Speaker 6: Didn't he just respect baby facing away?
Speaker 5: Baby Face has to fight that battle. Listen, and don't think that if baby Face felt the way, he wouldn't have handled it. Babyfaces, listen. The songs are nice and soft and meek. Baby Face is not. He's a nice guy, but he's nobody sucking. I promise you if he felt the way, and he would have and I was kind of following his lead, the baby Face would have looked like he wasn't feeling it, then we would have handled that way. But he was. It was all in good fun. R and B.
Speaker 6: Money.
Speaker 1: The vault is out vault again. The vault is out right now, and we appreciate you for joining six yes, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what's that right now? Right right now? Okay, are you gonna what do you? What are you gonna do with this music?
Speaker 8: You already know what I'm doing.
Speaker 7: I got I can't ain't too much I can do right now because I can't get pregnant.
Speaker 8: Twice and one.
Speaker 5: You know how far along are you?
Speaker 8: Five months? I'm about to be six five months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm still I'm still money a good time. I'm still moving, toodie.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. My wife is pregnant.
Speaker 6: Some of the best, best time, some of the best crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's something extra in there.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 6: Can I swim in your ocean?
Speaker 8: That's right. I know people I put on money. It's a skip.
Speaker 2: It's like an ointment.
Speaker 3: All right, take about right now, it's take It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning
Speaker 5: In the morning at the Breakfast Club.