Speaker 1: You think it's crazy in Florida, you don't even want to know what's going on in Australia right now. Why it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning because health officials in Brisbane had to issue an urgent press release saying if you're bit by a venomous snake, please don't bring it to the ersa. Australia is notorious for some of the craziest, most dangerous wildlife out there. Pretty much everything in that country wants to kill you.
Speaker 2: How are you going to have the snake you just got bitten by? Is it because it's your pet or are you catching it?
Speaker 1: Apparently people get bit and they think it'll help with identification and treatment if they capture it and bring it with them to the doctor.
Speaker 2: Pain and still able to catch the damn thing pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: The emergency staff at Bundenberg Hospital were handed a plastic tupperware with a live East turned brown snake inside, peeking.
Speaker 3: Back at it looks poison so secure.
Speaker 1: Well then, so they had to be shut down temporarily while they got rid of the venomous snake. But it's not always live snakes that people are bringing in. Others attempt to kill the serpents and then they'll bring the dead carcass to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, if you could do all that, how are you getting bitten in.
Speaker 3: The first place? You know what I mean? They're everywhere, Like.
Speaker 2: If you're smarter than the snake, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the snakes are like in the bath with you, they do toilet.
Speaker 1: Certain patients have even told hospital workers they chase the snake for an hour, trying to photograph it before they passed out, hashtag doing it for the grand Yeah.
Speaker 3: I see, oh man, Okay does it even matter?
Speaker 1: They say, no, Okay, Australian stop bringing your snakes to the hospital.
Speaker 3: Just get yourself to the doctor and let them heal you. Okay, yeah, I like it. Okay, yeah, I think it was a solid all right good either.
Speaker 1: Think I'm glad that we helped our Australian listeners to the show.
Speaker 3: Animals are just snakes. Just with the snakes for now.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do another PSA about other dangerous Australian animals later.
Speaker 3: Now we got to move on and get into the shock collar question of the day with our own digital Jake.
Speaker 1: Don't bring Jake to the hospital with you either.
Speaker 3: If he bites here, let's get Let's get some tribua. Ja, put on your finest tuxedo and leave the kids at home with dad. Because today is World Penguin Day, Brook, I know you were hoping we'd celebrate by barbecuing one of those Antarctic kurds and tossing it on the toasted brioche bun.
Speaker 2: That is terrible, Jake. I love penguin, They're my son's favorite animals.
Speaker 3: Brook, I'm sorry we can't do that. Your primal thirst for endangered exotic MEAs has landed beyond numerous government watch lists.
Speaker 2: I never thought of what it would taste like, but I am thinking about it now.
Speaker 3: It would probably be very fat MC penguin burger. So today I'll be celebrating a different way by cruising through a mouth watering penguin Fact edition of plenty of twenty. You'll each get a chance at answering penguin trivia question. Get it right, you'll stay in. Get it wrong, and your wings will be clipped. Let's start with the woman whose dance moves look early similar to that of the baby penguins slipping on ice. That's Alexis as a compliment Alexis, penguins poop every twenty hours, twenty days, or twenty minutes. Oh, I mean, well, I gotta go that off. Just how bad the zoos smells?
Speaker 2: And how many there every twenty minutes?
Speaker 3: Alexis said, twenty minutes. That is correct. They like to do. They beat you, Jose with bathroom breaks. Don't you saying that? I'm leaving right now, Brook, your turn, all right, Brook. A group of penguins in the water is called a raft, but on land they're called.
Speaker 2: A what god, what is it? Is it a cuddle? Is otters? Isn't it a cuddle of penguins?
Speaker 3: No? I thought it was a raft. Are they a raft? Because they don't float?
Speaker 2: The penguins are a raft in the water.
Speaker 3: I'm on land.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're a bird, you're a flock. But I don't think it's Is it still flock for penguins even though they're not flying. I'm gonna stick with the bird angle and go flock block.
Speaker 3: That is correct. You were close saying cuddle. It's a wattle of stick around for the next round, Jose, Jose. The largest penguin species ever discovered was unearthed Antarctica. The its size is almost incomprehensible. In fact, if it were alive today, the pe could have looked basketball superstar Lebron James squaring exactly how tall it was. Oh gosh, that is scary. They're not cute anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're putting into the face, dude. I want to see that version of happy feet like.
Speaker 3: A harm yeh, all right.
Speaker 1: NBA players are taller than we even we think, Like I always thought Steph Curry was short, but he's.
Speaker 3: Like six ' five. Yeah, so I gotta say, if you can look Lebron in the eye, you gotta be seven feet tall. Jose went with seven feet tall. That is incorrect from toe to beak tip. Six foot eight mountain bird would have dwarfed most adult humans.
Speaker 2: Don't bring that back.
Speaker 3: Scientist Jeffery Europe. Many different types of penguins swim and seawater all over the globe. But can they drink it? Yes or no?
Speaker 1: I mean sure they could drink it, but I don't know if it's a good idea that.
Speaker 3: Drink He can't. How would they know not to drink it?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: But survival? How would you not drink it?
Speaker 1: They eat the fish out of the water. They got to get some of that sea water down in the in the throat too.
Speaker 2: I mean, but I don't think that they. I think he's saying, like drink it, like that's what.
Speaker 1: They Oh yeah, no, they probably bring the water back onto land and boil it so.
Speaker 3: That it's clean. I'm gonna say they don't.
Speaker 1: Drink the sea water.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey said, no, that is correct. The answer is yes, they can. They have a gland located above their eye that removes salt from the bloodstream. They're essentially boiling it in their eyes. The excess that comes out through the bill or by sneezing water. Their nature's brittle filters. That's pretty cool, Alexis that means you've won, all right.
Speaker 1: Alexius is queen of the penguins, so she gets to choose you get shocked today and they're gonna be singing sexy Back by Justin Timberlake.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pick jeff Oh right, Sorry, I have no reason other than.
Speaker 3: It's just I looked at you and I was like, you deserve to get you. I'm bringing sexy back. Yeah. Their mother boys don't know how to act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, if Justin Timberlake could bring a shot collar on his next show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, audience get to hold. People would pay like ten thousand. Oh my god, you would not survive that performance. That's your shot collar. Question of the day, we got your phones have coming
Speaker 2: Up, frooking Jeffrey in the morning.