Speaker 1: The White House has confirmed that President Biden will deliver the commencement address at Morehouse College on May nineteenth. Morehouse's president released a statement saying we eagerly anticipate welcoming President Biden back to the House next month. He went on to say his president serves as a reminder of our institutions enduring legacy and impact, as well as our continued commitment to excellent excellence, progress, and positive change.
Speaker 2: So the Mohouse has done some incredible stuff, then they really have. Yeah, Yeah, what a great HBCUs there's a lot of yes, a lot of yeah. The House real talent, Yeah house that relations too.
Speaker 1: In the other entertainment news, during a recent MSNBC interview, John Legend says he doesn't want to hear what Donald Trump has done for black people, and he is a racist. Take a listen.
Speaker 3: Made it clear throughout his life that he believes black people are inferior, like he believes that to his core, in his bones. He wouldn't let us live in his buildings back in the day. But also when you hear some of the stray comments he makes, he clearly believes in a genetic hierarchy of humanity and and it's racially determined.
Speaker 2: So he is a tried and true, like.
Speaker 3: Died in the wool racist, like in the core of his being, he's a racist. So I don't want to hear what he has to say about what he's done for black people. He's done very little for us, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything he's done for a black people. And then I want to say this too. I want to make a couple of statements. First of all, we as a people have to stop waiting on somebody who going to do something for us, because that calvary is never coming over the hill.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that The last time I saw somebody trying to do something for us that was not one of us.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't. I don't remember who that is. I don't.
Speaker 4: You can enlighten me, please show me, because I don't know nobody that has an agenda for black people. Now, Obama did some things and he didn't get.
Speaker 2: Enough credit for it. Where he slid some things in that was help us. The Healthcare Act was to help us. Uh.
Speaker 4: The release and what Biden is doing now, the relief, the believing of debt, is uh college. But now let me say this though, I was just thinking the other day about Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Do you know what.
Speaker 4: I don't understand the hypocrisy of this country with Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: This is a man who has ninety one indictments correct.
Speaker 4: Correct, He's on a trial. He's in a trial right now for a crime.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Do you know that if you went to fed X the post office ups, if you went to MacDonald's, Burger King, Wendy Quarterburger or Jack in the Box, and you had on your application that you had one indictment pending your ass not getting a job, you got.
Speaker 2: To get out of here. How in the world can you.
Speaker 4: Have ninety one indictments and be in for a job. Let loan the highest office in America. This is hypocrisy. If you had an indictment, you would lose the job you had right now, just want They would spend you. They would suspend you from the police department, they would suspend your ass from fed X. You get an indictment on you, just one, you can't work on bruh if they put it, If you put it on an application, you won't work it no more. How in the hell can this be? This is crazy? I wonder what steven A would say about that. And let me say this right here by I'm just putting it all of us, all of us that have microphones, that have a voice. We are not necessarily the voice of black people.
Speaker 2: We are not. No, ain't nobody voted us that.
Speaker 4: But if you are talking to us in large numbers, you have to be mindful of the things you are saying because what you say can hurt us. Just like you can encourage us, just like you can enlighten us, and just like you can empower us, you can also hurt us. We have got to be mindful of the things we say. And you're a pinion. Ain't that damn important at the cost of us as a people in a culture. I don't give a damn If you have the right to think or say what you want to say.
Speaker 2: It don't mean you should we when have we ever had freedom of speaking?
Speaker 4: I man, I wish y'all would get out that line, because I'm gonna remind you of several places in the Constitution that you are not. You can sing the Star Spangled Battle and the national anthem all your ass, won't it.
Speaker 2: Don't really apply to you? So this freedom of speech.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: We got the temple what we say because we are held to a different standard in this country, and you know it. So getting smart out here, man, and stop running your mouth just because you can.
Speaker 1: Stephen ain' smith apologize.
Speaker 2: Not even I ain't even just talking about Steven now. I'm just saying, yeah, I like it. I got his number. I mean as you should, don't.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, but that's why we have to be careful. You all tell me all the time, Steve, all the time. I'll tell you, man, I'd be ready.
Speaker 2: To go in.
Speaker 1: All right, All right, Well, you know we'll keep watching. The hush money trial is still going on, so we'll keep you updated. Coming up at about twenty minutes after the hour, Steve. People call, they want to talk to you. They leave you voicemails. We're going to check your voicemail. Coming up at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve, eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve. Right after this, who go and check me boo, you're listening Morning show