Speaker 1: If you're about to make a change in your life and you feel uncomfortable, that's the best feeling you can have because for the first time in your life, you'll make a new decision that's going to be best for you and not what somebody told you to do. And that's when all bets are off. Welcome to Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I'm your host with Sean McDonald. Our theme is there's no perfect time to start following your dreams. I recognize that we all have different definitions of success. For you and maybe the size of your ja. It's time to stop reading other people's success stories to start living your own. Keep winning, that's right, Keep winning, everybody. This is my day Money Making Conversation master Class and I am your host with Sean McDonald. I'm here for you. Oh wow, it's been I started this show twenty seventeen. In twenty seventeen in Houston, Texas, and then in twenty eighteen I moved it to Atlanta and it's been here in Atlanta every since. This is my home as far as the show is based, but it's a national show. We reach everywhere. The show is syndicated on a podcast is also syndicated on twenty HPCU stations nationwide. But more important, it's the information that my guests give you. And my guests are very important. So if you know me, I host this show Money Making Conversation master Class every week. The interviews and information that this show provides are for everyone. It's time to stop reading. It's time, that's right, it's time stop reading other people's success stories and start living your own. If you want to be a guest on the show, just go to Moneymakingconversations dot com and click be a guest and you can register and tell me why you should be on the show. Give me a background information, some questions I can ask, and I consider you'll be a guest on the show. I handle it. I personally handle all the guest bookings on the show. My guest today is a master certified executive coach and organizational psychologists. Please welcome to Money Making Conversations Masterclass, Doctor Cherry, college girl. How you doing, doctor Cherry.
Speaker 2: I'm doing, sir, with fantastic. How are you?
Speaker 1: Because first of all, you know great having you on the show. I'm sure in this world we live in with this mental stress is motivation. People trying to have a plan of success. What exactly is a master certified executive coach.
Speaker 2: What makes me a master certified coach is that I went through all of the creditional link to make sure that I don't just make up information, that I also do it in the process that the International Coach Federation follows, and also NLP, which is new or linguistic programming. So what we do is we really help people get to their goals, very much like what you're talking about, like stop talking about it and be about it. So a coach is there to motivate you, to inspire and really to help you connect. But a lot of people wake up in the morning and say, ooh, I'm a coach and I'm like, why do you think so what everyone wanted to do? And I said, well, that's not coaching and so and if you want to do it, well you need to go ahead and get the credential. And that's what I did and I got it to the highest level.
Speaker 1: Well, you know when you when you and you're right, there's so many people they just assume titles. They just assume that I'm motivating people, I'm a mentoring people and and it's really about the plan of action. So if I came to you, doctor Jerry, and we're trying to what states should I come to you to ask for help as far as my career or my business or my level of dream planning.
Speaker 2: Well, so here's here's the thing. I can meet you where you are, So wherever you are, I need you to bring that human right what I What I am is a person who knows the process. So you can be an entrepreneur, you can be an executive, you could even sometimes I work with with little people. It doesn't matter what it is is. You have to have something that you have decided that you need to work on. And sometimes someone in organizations decide you have something that you need to work on and I come in and help now.
Speaker 1: And you also have another title that I wanted to bring out that I want to get some explanational organizational psychologists.
Speaker 2: What is that? Yes, well, an organizational psychologists. So I have a PAD from the University of Georgia double Dog, Go Dogs. And I can't leave out Spellman because I graduated from Spelman. That's where I started my psychology, so I have a BA from there. I'm an organizational psychologist really works on making sure that the people, the process, and the technology all work together for the good. So I work with organizations to help them really secure, inspire, and to make sure that their absolute best resource, human resources, are operating into their full potential.
Speaker 1: So we are as an individual, you have you're an executive coach, correct, and then under the organizational platform, you can organize companies, you can organize nonprofits, you can organize groups and make them more effective. When you come in, what is is there a plan or it's like, oh, we're shown this is a five point plan. I sit down with an individual or company. Let's let's start on the individual side. Because usually people kind of think they know what they're doing and until you start pointing out, this is what you should be doing, tell us about that process.
Speaker 2: Right. So, the very first thing we do is a diagnostic and I think probably everyone says that they do it, but our team we're behavioral scientists, and so we really follow a scientific method, and so we start off really testing and then testing our hypothesis against what's really happening in the organization. Then we kind of perform a gap analysis. We're saying, okay, what is the as is to Now let's be real don't tell me that the situation is perfect, and your booboo doesn't think tell me the truth and where is it that you want to go? And so what we do from there is we then start to create a plan that's going to help you get there. So some people like you, which I just really admire the way that you has your information very Chris, and you make it so that each individual person can really grab it. What we found is for organizations and some people, some people need a force that plan. Some people need a five, some people need a eight. So what we do is we customize based on what the need of the individual and the organization is.
Speaker 1: Well, you're the person I'm talking to, doctor Cherry Klier, and the pole purpose of my show is to provide information. I have people who are small business owners, have people who are I have college students. I have people who are you know, single moms, have people who are married, have people who are in forty hour week jobs. I have executives, I have scholar based people. And so what I just try to do when I bring an individual like you on the show is let give people options. I think it's important, doctor Charity. People here there are options to be successful and it's not a one plan, a cookie cutter plan. And so, like you said, Rashan, I didn't want to just have the title of coach. I wanted to authorize peoplework that said, this is why you should be talking to me, this is the process. Does a frustrate you that people are just out there just you know, just throwing up a shingle saying I'm a coach.
Speaker 2: It doesn't frustrate me. I will tell you what does though. It frustrates me that people a lot of times talk about systemic racism, and they talk about systems and processes, but they don't recognize the part that we can actually do to change it. So in my company, my company is a multimillion dollar company and we make money, and a lot of the people that I am required to offer the services too, or who will deliver my services as consultants and coaches, don't look like me, because a lot of people who look like me aren't certified to the level that we need to be certified. So it doesn't mean you don't have the skill set, and it doesn't mean that you're not amazing because I had a PhD from the University of Georgia. You know, a Tier and one research school before I became a coach, and truthfully, my coaching program probably didn't add a whole lot to what I do. But if there is a process that people are saying, this is what you need to get this done, then I need you to have that in order to bring you interview organizations that are paying to do this work.
Speaker 1: Right. Listen, this is money making conversations. Mastercalized. And you said the magic word, doctor Callier, multimillion dollar company. Okay, and you mentioned you what is your company? And Jesus, we have time talk about the staff and their purpose and how individuals come to your place for business.
Speaker 2: So my company is called Personality Matter. It's because we know that personality matters everywhere. And we were number nine on the Bulldog one hundred out of one hundred companies who were number nine And to give you some an idea, Mark Spain, who is a guy who was on television all the time, we was twenty three and our company was number nine. So we were in the top ten for what we're doing and able to do. Organizations and individuals signed us when they have gaps and they are literally trying to figure out how can I help my people deliver. How can I help my people really move to the next level, really connect, whether it's well being, understand what we call rise and so rise. We want people to rise up. I love the Falcons. I'm hoping one day they'll do it as well. But it's it's relational, interpersonal, social, and emotional and so we are using the different sciences that exist to really help people understand how to connect inside and out. And that's that's what we do. So people just find us from our pastwork. That's how they found us.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully they find you through my show Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I'm talking to doctor Collier, Cherry Colliers, she's a master certified executive coach and organizational psychologists. Now, the science of connection and I call it relationships. Maybe that may be maybe. I mean that's how I've lived my life. My life has been tied to relationships. I always tell people, you know that you know you because you're going to fall. You're going to fall, and you're going to need an assystem that you're going to Losso if you don't fall, you're gonna need somebody to sometimes open the door for you. What exactly is the science of connections.
Speaker 2: Well, the science of connection is it's really rooted in the theme of never bark alone. And if you find yourself somewhere and you're the only person that's saying whatever it is you're saying, then it's probably not going to be heard and the way that you need it to be heard. So what you really have, what we have to do, is to build relationships. And relationships are just truly important, just like what you're saying and what you do so darned well is you reach people, You touch people, you don't ask for anything in return. You're like, how can I help you? And that's what the science of connection is, how can we connect at that intersection to make it better for all people and ourselves.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny. That's how we met doctor Carlier and I met that We did a lunch for the Atlanta Housing and it was about trying to get into that world and that that that contracting word, that RFP world that is out there. And she sat down and she started talking to me and she went like, Okay, okay, how do how do we do this? And it was a sense of like is there some fees or there? And she said, who did I talk to the book. I said, you're talking to the person you would laugh, She said you. I said, yeah, because I'd like to know who I'm talking because I used to have an agency that did this. They they they booked people doctor Caryer and they've sit in front of me and I go, who are these people I'm talking to? To myself? You know, the interviews went well, but I was frustrated because I didn't have a sense of purpose when I was talking to you. And so when I was talking to you, it was eating lunch and I was like, I was saying, you need to be on my show. I said, because of the fact that you're unique in your skill set, but you needed in the black community, which doesn't know about you because we're always the last to be aware technology AI. Now we're talking about certified executive coaching and organizational psychologists. You have a company that nobody knows about it. Personality matters, and guess what they need to know about it because we are the fast the last group of people to go get therapy, you know, to admit we have emotional problems, mental breakdowns. We need assistance. That's the part that I try to bring to the show. There's so many layers to success, and when you get successful, that's when the stress comes.
Speaker 2: Correct absolutely, and that's when you also need that team and you need that connection on those connection points. And it is so important for me. And so I have a mentor, doctor Greg Repentanten, that I actually met when I was a student at Sellman. You know, people don't recognize when people come in and do those career day events, those individuals can have a lasting impression. Just like when I saw you, I take the opportunity to still to speak and say hello and make those make those connections with doctor Pennington. He has a group of coaches, African American coaches, people of color coaches right, And what I am working on is making sure that we get certified so that we can also do the work that we're doing, but also get the level of respect and that money that is out there for us.
Speaker 1: Right when we come back, we're going to go to break. We're going to talk about the challenges in today's workplace. We're going to talk about the challenges faced by black women. We're going to talk about the role of rise and overcoming valuers. That's a relational, interpersonal, social, and emotional intelligence. Don't go nowhere please, this is money Making Conversation master Class and I'm speaking to doctor Cherry Callier.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back with more money Making Conversations Masterclass with Rashawn McDonald. Welcome back to the Money Making Conversations Masterclass hosted by Rashaan McDonald. Money Making Conversations Masterclass continues online at Moneymakingconversations dot com and follow money Making Conversations Masterclass on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Speaker 1: How can you be successful? That's where coaching comes in. I guess personality matters. She founded that company, is a multi million dollar company. She's a doctor, Cherio Collier. When someone comes to you, doctor Chery Collier, you know, do people come to you in low moments or they come to you frustrated? Or am I just saying those are two extremes that you like you said, you just want them to come to you, right.
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah, So I think it's important that you come period. And when people are low, that's when they tend to isolate themselves, and some people will, you know, kind of reach out. Mostly people that are moving in the right direction are people who start to look for help. It's important to me that people come to me wherever they are, knowing that we're going to need to where you are and help you to really start to think about where you need to be. And for us, like you speak about money making, we see it as a currency, money as a bridge, as a facilitator, the social paths, the social networks, all of these different currencies that people need to be successful. And so wherever you are, we want to help you understand what is necessary and what's necessary.
Speaker 1: You know, it's really interesting my show because you know, I have doctors on the show, I have mental health individuals on the show like I have for you. People say, how's that about money making? How's that about money making? You got to have your act together first of all, health wise, mental, organizational, and that's why you're on the show. Organization. You got to be organized. You got to have you walk in that door. And a lot of people always tell people like I get up at four thirty money through Friday. I get up at four thirty, and people say, ain't getting up at no four thirty. I'm not asking you to get it at four thirty. I'm just asking you to pick a time. And if pick a time should not be tied to the snooze button. In other words, you say you're gonna get up at six button go off, You're gonna hit it for a few more minutes to stay in bed. That is not picking the time. That is not planning a pathway to success. Picking the time is what doctor Cherry Colly is talking about. Being organized, being able to let outline strategic plans that you can keep in place. That's what personality matters. It's all about, and we talk about that. Let's enter into the challenges in today's workplace. It's not when I was in the workplace in IBM. I'm about today's because technology has changed the game, you know, because of the fact that you have a cell phone. Used to be you know, I grew up. When I first got my job, it was ruduy Dowe telephone, you know what I'm saying. Then they got pushbuton phones, and then they got to the page you're in the sidekick, and now they got the cell phones. So the workplace has changed. Talk to us about that. How you have to overcome the drama of today's workplace.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it starts with a mindset and very much like you're talking about, you have to know your intention and every day if your intention is not to get upset as long as Lulu doesn't come my ways, and you're not in control of your own mindset. And so we really help people to start to take true control of their lives. And if you're thinking about your snooze button being the person or the thing that is making the decisions, you have to make some changes and change is inevitable, and so you want to be in control of when you're waking up. And one of the things I always say is the early bird is not the only one that's going to get the warm, But you got to figure out what warm it is that you were that you want and you need. Because I'm a night person and I work many, many, many hours of the day, and I work with people globally, so my company isn't just in America, where we're global. And currently I'm in Houston, which is my one of my second homes, and I love that this is where you are as well. But the biggest idea for us is to start to think about every day what we want and to hold ourselves accountable to creating a plan.
Speaker 1: And it's really important what you're saying, you know, because you anti snows button too. And people always ask me, this doctor call you four thirty, what time you go to bed? I say, hey, hey see I don't need I don't it's what time I get up. Now, I'm gonna just tell you this. I go to bed sometimes at midnight one o'clock, but I still get up at four thirty because that's the time I'm supposed to get up. And I realized when I made that commitment to go to bed at twelve thirty or one o'clock, it cannot alter my overall plan for success. See. See that's what people try to do. It just try to slide that plan. You can't slide a plan when you say this is how you're going to be successful. So if you at a meeting or you someplace that calls our plane lands late, okay, it causes you to well not get that six hours, maybe not get that four hours, that should not be a detriment to how your next day should go. And when I also tell this doctor carry I always tell people, don't bring your drama into my world. If you havn't a bad day, don't put your bad day talk to us about.
Speaker 2: That, right. And it's important that we recognize if you think about, you know, pointing a finger, one is pointing at whatever that situation is, but three are pointing back at you. You are ultimately responsible for making those decisions. And so I don't walk around saying he may be mad, she may be mad. I walk around saying, hey, what is it that you want to do me? Because I want to take responsibility for everything. And so that is the biggest thing, learning to take responsibility. I heard someone say, if someone knocked you down, is their fault. If I stay down, it's my fault. I'm not going to stay down. And so I understand believe in you know that the need to People can get depressed, and people are depressed. I get that, but it is some there are things that you can do. A body at rest, whether they say, stays at rest, while a body in motion stays in motion. And you have to get emotion. And when you're emotion, for Sean, you need to be in motion with people who are going in the direction that you want to go. Some folks they not going where you're going. You gotta leave them. You got to love them, but you got to leave them.
Speaker 1: See see Nazi doctor Kaye. See she know my show. Now, see do you hear that energy in our voice? You dropping them nuggets on you know, you know, stay down, get up? How you get up? Because that's how I think. That's what the whole purpose of this shows, for people to understand that you can victimize your own success based on how you think and how much effort you put into it. Now, there is something we wrap up the show. Because you're an African Erican woman, a woman of color, there are specific challenges that black women face in the work environment. Tell us about that.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I can go on and on and on about the challenges I faced. The I just choose not to. It's not even worth it. I would rather figure out the solutions. I mean, it's clear systematic racism and all of those things exist, and I want to say that I think that we make them some choices based on past promise that we shouldn't. So there are some really good people out there, of all racist genders and everything, and so just because one person did something to us, I like for us to move past it. So learn what you need to learn, but also don't play that victim card on everyone. And I think it's really important that we really reach out to all people. There are people. If you think about Martin Luther King, when you go back and look at the videos, Martin Luther King didn't only have black people marching with him. He had all types of people. And that's what we really need in our life. We need all people. And being a black woman who a graduate of Spelman, one of the greatest gifts of my life is to know that I have strong, amazing sisters who support me. And you got to get yourself a village and stop barking alone. Period. Get a village, find people who are going in your direction and get up and go with them.
Speaker 1: Got my sign. You got me motivated here, doctor Callyer. I'm trying to figure out where you're gonna point me to march now because we marching now. We marching because we're marching for a cause, and the cause is motivating people, Doctor Callyer in the direction of a personal work, personal f an effort. I love that about somebody knocking you down. It's like, how when you're gonna get up because you're gonna get knocked down all the time. I tell people all the time. You know, it was really interesting. I was talking to a friend of mine and you know, you know, as you go through life here you know, your teens, your twenties, your thirties, you have points of success. Now it's that longevity. What is that? What success you had in your twenties looks like in your thirties, what looks like in your forties, looks like in your fifties and the sixties. Because that's what success is all about. Success is not a couple of years. Success is not five years. Success is a career of paying decades. What are you doing with that? Because you're going to be successful, how do you lengthen that level of success? And when I talk to you about being an organizational culture, the name of your business being personality matters, which allows right there, you go to the business, you know exactly what she's talking about. She's letting you know. This is all about you.
Speaker 2: Correct to call you, it's all about you. And I think it's important that we understand that success is less about progress and speed, and it's more about the direction that you choose. And so every one of us, we're all one in individuals, but we want to be common copies. And so you can't do what I do. You can't do or rishond does, but you can't do amazing and what you do figures that out. What is it that you want to do today? And that's what I help people understand. Personality matters, and your personality is going to take you into any room and on your knees. I'm walking around and helping you to be successful.
Speaker 1: Wow. How can we get in touch with you? Doctor Cherry call.
Speaker 2: You so you can find me at doctor Cherry at doctor Cherry dot com and you can find me on LinkedIn at doctor Cherry Callier.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, her personality set down at my dinner, my lunch table, and guess what we connected? We connected all all the stuff she did. I'm telling you her personality sat down at my lunch table. I was by myself and we.
Speaker 2: Connected and I said, hey, wait a minute, right.
Speaker 1: I'll just tell you how it is done. I'm telling you how it's done.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I didn't know her from Adam, but she sat down and guess what, she's on my show. That's how it worked, y'all. That's how it works. If you don't make an effort, if you don't make an introduction, if you don't sit over and say, this is my value that I can bring to your brand. Guess what you'll be standing outside in a very long line. She cut the line, y'all. That's why she's on Money Making Conversation master Class. Doctor Cherott, call you. Thanks for calling on my show, inspiring me with personality matters.
Speaker 2: I certainly appreciate you, and let me tell you something. As that sign said, we may fall down, we're gonna keep getting up and getting up every day.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, love it. Talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Take care of that, doctor cart right, thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 1: You know we're not going anywhere. We got another fantastic guest coming up. This is Money Making Conversations master Class. This show, like I said, stop reading other people's success stories and start creating your own. That's what money Making Conversations Master Class is all about. Don't go nowhere. This show is for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Money Making Conversations Masterclass with rough Shan McDonald is produced by thirty eight fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight fifteen media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts