Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that just launched a new cell phone company with Robert de Niro called You Talking to Me?
Speaker 2: In their new ad campaign. De Niro gets in a screaming match with the can you hear me now? Guys?
Speaker 3: I like it? I like it?
Speaker 2: Can you hear me now? You talking to me? Can you hear me now?
Speaker 1: You talking to me?
Speaker 2: Just back and forth? Does it even matter anymore?
Speaker 1: Can't we all just get along and read laser stories? The segment where we're talking about the weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other mint mobidopes just don't. This first laser story is out of Lawrence County, Indiana. Thirty four year old Sarah Harris was having a very bad day, maybe for a little different than the typical.
Speaker 2: Bad day reasons people have.
Speaker 1: Okay, you see, for Sarah, her dealer gave her an inferior batch of methanthetamine, A.
Speaker 2: Total bumming so hard to find good dealer.
Speaker 1: So Sarah did what anyone would do in that frustrating situation.
Speaker 2: She called the cops.
Speaker 3: I thought she was just going to write a YELP review.
Speaker 1: She dialed nine one one and let him know that she wanted to turn the person in who supplied her with the tainted drugs. So how did the police respond. They assured her they would get to the bottom of this. They would and promptly send a unit.
Speaker 2: Out to her house. That's when she told officers that she.
Speaker 1: And a friend had enjoyed a normal bowl of meth earlier that year, and that's how she knew that there was something wrong with this new stuff.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I know the bowl is not a bowl, but I did picture a big salad of meth and then spooning it into their mouth.
Speaker 2: Over to each other.
Speaker 1: And when police showed up, she demanded that they test the sample and handed a small baggy right to the cops. This is gonna go well, you're not going to believe this, but Sarah was arrested.
Speaker 2: No being charged with a level six felony of possessing myth. There's even Karen's and myths.
Speaker 1: Possibly seen that coming. Let's go to your next laser story. Out of tech trends, I guess guard dogs are pretty much obsolete now because this is even more terrifying. The latest tech product for purchase right here in America that's going viral is robot dogs with flame throwers attached to their heads.
Speaker 2: Yes, what could possibly? Oh my god, right now.
Speaker 3: It's more terrifying in the photo than you can even imagine.
Speaker 1: The company called throw Flame is selling one called the Therminator for nine four hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I thought they for sure they would call it like a cuddly name like Teddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a real thing and you can operate it over Wi Fi or Bluetooth with a remote control, and it can shoot flames up to already feet in the air. Imagine being in a dog park and being like, oh, does he bite?
Speaker 2: It's like, no, he flamethrow.
Speaker 1: If you watch the ad and we will have it up on our Insta stories that broke in Jeffrey. It looks like a guard dog, but the company never mentions it in its write ups. Instead, it just lists different things that this is perfect for, which include controlled burns.
Speaker 2: But you dead leaves if you want to get rid of why can't you do that? Ice and snow removal, God my.
Speaker 3: God, the driveway, Hey honey, get the throat.
Speaker 2: Frost, but the car's on fire now.
Speaker 1: It's also good for clearing weeds, pyrotechnic.
Speaker 2: Or entertainment and pest removal. I it's good for life removal doesn't mention if the pest is walking on two feet or four of the.
Speaker 1: Many people online cannot believe that this is legal, but surprisingly the company says they're absolutely one hundred percent legal in all fifty states. You just need a special permit if you're in California or Maryland to get a flamethrower legally a flamethrowing dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's not yours.
Speaker 3: No, you could have a flamethrower as well. Yeah, yeah you should not. You, out of all people, should not own one.
Speaker 2: I want to turn the volume down on my headphone to the flamethrower. Yeah. Take them to Obedian school. I'm sure it'll be fine. This next Lasuer store is out of Snack headquarters.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nabisco announced a new flavor of Oreo coming out next month, as they have every month for the last ninety eight straight months.
Speaker 3: But I did just see the Churl one in the store that we talked about a while ago. I thought about it.
Speaker 2: That was the last month Snack.
Speaker 1: This one is a little bit different because ladies and gentlemen, I give you Sour Patch Kids flavored Oreos.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no, my.
Speaker 2: Kids would be all over this.
Speaker 3: So they are the disgusting humans They go to the yogurt shop and get chocolate yogurt covered.
Speaker 1: In Yes, yes, they're known for overdoing it on the Oreo flavors, but this might be their weirdest one yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: While the whole thing actually started as a big joke back in twenty twenty two when Sour Patch Kids tweeted a doctored photo of exactly what they're selling now, and they tagged Oreo in it and said, what if we actually made these?
Speaker 2: That would be fun.
Speaker 3: I mean there's such natural colors. It looks like they come in red and orange and yea.
Speaker 2: Jelly they were sour, I would think they look delicious. Yeah, no, there's the right colors sour.
Speaker 1: And apparently Nabisco just ran with this idea. They just released a statement saying the Oreo brand is always looking for playful ways to excite our fans, and what better and more unexpected way to do that than make super sour filling.
Speaker 3: They'd be so good on like a mud pie with the pudding and then the gummy worms on top.
Speaker 2: No, I mean sour cookies just there's something wrong with that.
Speaker 1: If you're interested, you can pre order them on the Oreo website and they hit stores nationwide on May sixth. They're gonna be a limited edition thing, so even they realize there is no way.
Speaker 2: Anybody wants these around long term.
Speaker 1: I just want Sour Patch to do chocolate, little guys, the sweet patch covered in chocolate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other way around this is Oreo's business. Back off.
Speaker 1: This next laser story is out of social cues and tipping news. The people who aren't frustrated by the tipping epidemic would argue that it's not required, or it's just a couple of bucks here and there, what's the big deal.
Speaker 2: But it does add up.
Speaker 1: New research claims the average American spends an estimated four hundred and fifty four dollars a year tipping more than they'd like to.
Speaker 2: Nobody get tempinished. My gosh, you know what, it's true.
Speaker 1: Twenty six percent of people say they're always or often put on the spot and get guilted into tipping extra.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to be clear, this is not the conventional fifteen to twenty percent tipping out restaurants and specialized services. It's the recent optional tipping that shows up on credit card screens and digital payment apps. That's like, do you want to tip twenty five, thirty or thirty five percent?
Speaker 2: And you're like, I may self check out. I understand I'm not the concession of a movie theater anyway.
Speaker 1: The four hundred and fifty four dollars a year breaks down to an extra thirty eight bucks extra per month. One guy online said, if he goes to the counter to pick up a sandwich at his local deli and they flip the screens so we can tip, he just flips it right back. Oh really, that's they don't even do anything.
Speaker 3: Someone's not getting something good in their sandwich. I'm gonna tell you that right now.
Speaker 1: It sounds like there's a group of people who are totally fed up with it, and you could put this guy right into that category. He refuses to pay extra money for any service given unless you hand him a let as sleep and rub his bell.
Speaker 2: Then he's paying you an extra forty percent.
Speaker 3: Simple.
Speaker 1: He's a generous little guy. And that's how means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again.
Speaker 2: At the same time, On Monday, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,