Speaker 1: Doesn't it feel like everybody has a side hustle going on these days, Seriously, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, whether it's crypto mining or dog sitting. Even the people on this show have side gigs, like Jose does his video game Cry on demand stream hilarious. Jose Alexis sells her use socks and footpicks to disgrace to European royals. I'm not going to name any names. She don't, and Brook has her conglomerate of tax free offshore orphanages that.
Speaker 2: She runs only with the best personnel of course, obviously.
Speaker 1: But in the news today there's a report about a new type of side hustle that's helping people make bank and it's pretty crazy where they resell restaurant reservations online. I've heard about this. Oh my god, it's insane how much money you can make doing it to resell.
Speaker 2: I always just like forget to cancel them and don't show up. I should have been turning a dime.
Speaker 1: Because there's all these apps and websites now that allow people to go book dinner reservations online, which is great. That's super convenient, yeah, for sure, but it makes it super hard for the average person to find any openings at the places that they want to eat.
Speaker 2: Alexi. I know, we were just looking for Alexis because she's hosting your mom for Mother's Day for a brunch. Everything's book every day and.
Speaker 1: The cracker barrel that she loves max up from last year. But to do so, people are taking advantage of this by nabbing up reservations and then selling them online.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, where do you go to Bayo?
Speaker 1: Well, there's one guy named Alex Eisler. He's a college sophomore. He regularly uses multiple phone numbers and emails to book as many dinner reservations as possible at famous New York restaurants. Yeah, okay, mainly for like really.
Speaker 2: You know what, does he like put them on Facebook, Marketplace or something.
Speaker 1: There's actual sites that are like completely dedicated to finding last minute reservation so we can list them for ridiculous prices and people will actually pay like how much. Like he says he sold the table during the lunch rush at a restaurant in New York for eight hundred and fifty five dollars.
Speaker 2: And that is not the food, that's just just to.
Speaker 1: Get the table real estate and in a dinner reservation at a fancy Italian spot for one thousand, five hundred dollars. My gosh, I didn't know his numbers like that.
Speaker 2: I would, I would, you would.
Speaker 1: If you need to impress somebody, this would be that scenario where it's like, look, i'll just pay an extra couple hundred bucks. I'll get it's the nicest steak out. It's now we can only get salads once we get there because it costs me. You're going to get the table, but it's still pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Couldn't you just show up and slip the like hostess five hundred bucks, save yourself half and still get a spot.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't work if they already of the table book. Guess how much money that guy made last year just from selling table reservations alone. It's six figures. My eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That's five figures.
Speaker 1: Jeff one two three four. Okay, you know what. I'm not good enough at math. That's why I'm not selling these. I really should, but it only takes them a couple minutes a day to pull that off.
Speaker 2: That is crazy. Yeah, I want to get in on it is that bad?
Speaker 1: Who should he even has a go to celebrity client tell list where he can sell reservations to like NBA players who are just in town for a night is Real or something, actors and celebs.
Speaker 2: They can't just call the restaurant and get in. They also have to pay these third parties scalpers usually do.
Speaker 1: And this is eighty grand a year doing basically no work. That is nuts. It's nuts, but it's definitely not the weirdest side hustle that's out there. Because we found a list of the strangest ways people are making extra money. Here's some of the craziest ones. Part time goose chaser.
Speaker 2: You know, Oh, I have a fear of them. I would pay someone to scaremoay for me because.
Speaker 1: Apparently big construction sites on certain highways and airports will hire people to chase away birds, mainly the geese so that they don't interfere with what's going on there. And a lot of the goose chasers have a dog who helps them. But you make an average of forty two dollars an hour, and the highest earning goosers bring home one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: It takes more than an hour. It was just covered in goose poop at the end of the day, but man worth it.
Speaker 1: One of the qualifications be silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gota wildly shake your arms.
Speaker 1: Another side hustle you could consider is a fake juror, like jury duty, but the fake type why fail law.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Law firms will sometimes do mock trials to help them prepare for a case so they could practice with their client, and they need real people to be pretend jurors. So if you do that, you can make anywhere from five to two hundred bucks per fake trials.
Speaker 2: Jose would still show up and try to get out of jury duty. Yeah, yeah, the witnesses.
Speaker 1: I just got to get unprejudiced against the clients.
Speaker 2: No, you're getting paid for this.
Speaker 1: You could also be a professional hair seller. Oh that's pretty straightforward, because you sell a foot of your hair and make own. Yeah, hopefully, and make anywhere from one hundred to one thousand dollars depending on the quality of your hair. One catch is it has to be undyed. So sorry, alexis yeah, not qualified.
Speaker 2: You look you look kind of like a jerk if you don't donate to.
Speaker 1: We're talking about some of the weirdest and most lucrative side hustles people are doing. There's also the opportunity to be a neighborhood pooper scooper. It sounds terrible, it sounds bad. That's useful. Apparently a lot of rich people just refuse to pick up after their dogs, so they'll hire someone to come out and clean up their yard for them. Oh, there's actually a whole companies dedicated to this. One is called duty calls, and you can make fifty dollars per yard. And finally, a side hustle that you could do if you're brave enough is gross stunt tester. So whenever you see those like crazy challenges on TV shows like Fear Factor or on Survivor, all those stunts have to be tested first, and the networks hire people to be the game page and make sure the tasks are safe enough to perform but are still gross enough to entertain.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So you're done eating like forty beetles and you're like, actually, they didn't gross me out enough. I would recommend adding ten.
Speaker 1: More, definitely, And you can earn eight hundred dollars a day.
Speaker 2: Doing that and your pride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, those are the craziest side hustles that people are doing to make a ton of extra money these days. We got your phone tab coming up
Speaker 2: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,