Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome to the show, Welcome to the weekend. Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 3: My voice is gone from this all week.
Speaker 4: Excited, I know because it's your first week.
Speaker 1: Week Thanks.
Speaker 2: We got to tell the amazing or you did the amazing Eddie Vedder story of you and him on the plane, and it's going viral now.
Speaker 3: Yes, TikTok should Eddie if you're listening to the podcast, I love you brother. Remember when we were doing pression.
Speaker 4: He's not he's not here, he's not listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 1: But but busy guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, follow her, TikTok if you want to see it.
Speaker 2: It's at Brook and Jeffrey. It is an epics story. My husband actually didn't even believe it. He goes show, Yeah, he goes, did you really see the picture?
Speaker 4: Because I think you made it up? And I'm like, I swear I was so excited Jose showed me the picture verified.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, let's get okay where we put the generations against each other today. I'm going to be asked questions by one and only gen Z. Your alexis uh.
Speaker 1: Huh, who doesn't know who any vetter is? Because I'm gen Z.
Speaker 4: Can you you name one Pearl jam song. No No.
Speaker 1: I looked him up after we did the break, but I still didn't recognize So.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Is always my hope in the music and movie world because he's gen Z and he knows the stuff.
Speaker 1: Any who.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: I barely knew who he was either.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Okay, let's get to the first question.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about something I'm very familiar with, all right, fruit roll.
Speaker 1: Ups, fruit juice. I don't know why I did not expect that.
Speaker 5: You remember, like, it was honestly not that long ago that the scoop of ice cream trend was big on TikTok.
Speaker 1: You had like fruit roll ups.
Speaker 5: We never did it, and people were putting a scoop of ice cream in them.
Speaker 3: And remember immediately brooking it's crunchy thing.
Speaker 2: Literally talked about it, remember, you know, I remember, Okay, Anyway, it was a trend to basically freeze your fruit roll up with the ice cream.
Speaker 1: It was the way that I actually never tried it, though, Okay, it looks so satisfying.
Speaker 5: Anyways, though, me and my friends were talking about this, okay, and it's a back in the day for us when we were little kids early two thousands eating fruit roll ups. Okay, and back then they did a different kind of trend trend for them. A couple they added like a little bonus surprise to their fruit roll ups to excite kids.
Speaker 1: And I just need you to tell me what it.
Speaker 4: Was bonus to the fruit roll up, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, I always wonder if it's like a candy mash up, you know, like, because let's be honest, the fruit roll ups we're talking about are not the one real organic fruit.
Speaker 3: They know, they say real fruit juice. Fruit juice is all sugar, and so they get.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's you know, one percent, and then they can flame that or something like that.
Speaker 2: Like right now I'm buying I'm buying these fruit roll up things for my kids because they're like organic and real.
Speaker 4: You know, they only have like three ingredients. They are so freaking expensive.
Speaker 2: They're like nine dollars a box and you get like six the boat and they want and then my husband gets into them, and I'm like, no, no.
Speaker 4: You don't get to eat them.
Speaker 3: You just had gummy.
Speaker 1: So when I boxed that and I went through three boxes, you notice, just what are this thing?
Speaker 2: It's called like bear fax or something anyway, So I actually think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a candy mashup.
Speaker 2: I think it's the time when they would put like the tattoos on the fruit roll up.
Speaker 3: You can push them up against your body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or on your tongue.
Speaker 2: So I'm going tattoos Alexis on the fruit roll right.
Speaker 5: Broke good job. Yeah it was the tongue tattoos. And I'll play you a little cliffs.
Speaker 3: They're commercial, noom tongue tattoos totally from fruit roll ups, just belem press them on.
Speaker 2: And that's why do I feel like those are from the nineties though too, maybe I could be.
Speaker 4: I feel like I had them too.
Speaker 5: I wonder when I searched. I said early two thousands, but like, yeah, so who knows. And it says they brought him back.
Speaker 1: In twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: So in the twenty nineteen one was a unicorn tattoo specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's smart anyway, You and your friend using a music festivals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would love And you're drunk and someone offered you one instant, I.
Speaker 4: Got a point on the board, all right.
Speaker 5: Next one, we've got to talk about the movie that has stayed forever relevant.
Speaker 4: Shrek Okay, yeah, what are you doing in.
Speaker 1: It's such a great film, good like through all generations. I'm finding the to do an impression. I don't do it? Don't you do it?
Speaker 5: And you know they're talking about they're actually talking about a fifth one apparently.
Speaker 4: Okay, I saw that with the same cast or do you know?
Speaker 1: I actually don't know.
Speaker 3: They were like Myers is voicing track, that's all I care.
Speaker 4: And Donkey and Eddie Murphy is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Donkey yeah. I think he agreed that he would come ka as agree.
Speaker 3: I think they make a hundred million every.
Speaker 4: Movie, Oliver.
Speaker 5: The people do bacherette parties that are Shrek. Yeah, theme parties, the Crocs everything. Yeah, okay, so what's our Shrek?
Speaker 4: Shrek? That's hard to say Shrek questions.
Speaker 1: It should be easy, okay, And I don't know. I feel like you've seen it a lot of times, but I never hear you talk about it.
Speaker 4: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I usually just put it on for my kids in the back of the car and make them put headphones on.
Speaker 5: So then maybe you do or don't know that I haven't actually seen it in a while. Okay, very famous line from it though. Okay, that's why I told Hose he's not allowed to do too many impression because I was like, hey, you might accidentally do the impression.
Speaker 1: What I need her to say?
Speaker 5: I just need her to tell me what food does Shrek compare himself to.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't say I can picture it, but I feel like it's it's something stinky. I know that, okay, And it's something that people.
Speaker 4: That I would probably have for lunch, if you know what I mean. Like, that's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jury and fruits, you know, garlic, but I think that's too delicious.
Speaker 3: Garlic as smelly as heck though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, garlic awful. She's like, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love garlic.
Speaker 4: You know, microwave broccoli should be.
Speaker 1: Notice someone in our office keeps eating that for lunch. Besides you, I know.
Speaker 3: The standards microwave oysters.
Speaker 4: Do you know what it is?
Speaker 2: They think that I'm just gonna be the one that gets blamed no matter what. Which So they're like, well, Brook's gonna take the fall. But I think, if I'm remembering right, I think it's raw onions.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna play you the clip. Okay. Old girls are like onions.
Speaker 3: Yes they st yes, no, oh they make you cry.
Speaker 1: No, you leave mount in the sun.
Speaker 3: They get all brown.
Speaker 4: Stop spratting little white hands.
Speaker 3: No layers, onions have layers.
Speaker 4: That is such a good clip. I can watch it again.
Speaker 5: It was also the easiest thing to find quotes from, Like when I was doing YouTube videos. Everything possible from the movie is like, literally, I don't believe.
Speaker 2: That it's not more trending on TikTok. I don't see many.
Speaker 4: Shrek because it would maybe I'm just not in the Shrek algorithm.
Speaker 1: You will be after you just said that you.
Speaker 4: Have my phone in here. It's not on or anything, but we know that it's here.
Speaker 1: Strike content from next year's.
Speaker 2: Halloween costume, I would you paint you though? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But like the just yeah, there's so many side characters.
Speaker 1: The gingerbread man wore the fairy Godmother talk to the producers.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea.
Speaker 1: But I'm a believer song that they like dance.
Speaker 2: So if people don't know the show, Halloween costume is a huge deal. We go last year, we did the Mario Brothers the year and then what was the first Scooby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Shrek would be good, but we'd have to.
Speaker 1: Really, everybody does it for like a lot of people do. It's possible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's possible.
Speaker 1: It's popular.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: We just said he smells like onions. They're both ogres. Yeah, look at job.
Speaker 4: That's fun, all right.
Speaker 1: Last question is about Taylor Swift in her new album.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I mean I don't know how you wouldn't know, but the tortured Poet's departments out everybody, and Taylor Swift does everything intentional in her album. It's very calculated, like poetic, you know. And so one of those things she does is called her track five. Okay, she may know about.
Speaker 4: I do write about it. Yeah, is that your question?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh shoot, okay, tell me more.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, I am so out of touch with gen Z. I have no idea what.
Speaker 1: You're talking about. I shift the question to Jose. If you don't, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: I truly wasn't listening. I got a notification down here, so you need to ask it again.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 5: When on every album her track five is considered a big deal. Okay, the fifth song on every album.
Speaker 1: And I need you to tell me what makes it so important? Why is swift important to her and the Swifties.
Speaker 2: It's like everyone knows that this is the track that kind of something is the one that you need to listen to.
Speaker 3: But why, I've heard that she takes a lot of shots at people in this one, like actually calls out certain people. But this isn't about just this album, you said every album, So it has to be something in her life that happened when she was five, or maybe it was her Film's Interesting, her fifth boyfriend, or she realized.
Speaker 1: I think it's a distract. Track five on every album, that's the underlying one is going to.
Speaker 2: Tell you thank you? Amy isn't track five and that's her big one where Yeah, because in the song title she capitalized k I and M for Kim for Kim.
Speaker 4: I know, well, and it's interesting. I'm sorry to sidetrack.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about this, but like, seriously, that drama stems from twenty sixteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you realize that? I know? I hold on to every game too. I'm stuff. She's a funny song where you get broken all cats. Yeah, you know what I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: Let's move forward.
Speaker 3: So this is what I think it just as a random guest, someone who doesn't know. Okay, maybe when she was five. That's when she learned to play guitar. On out Number five is her musical tribute to her fans.
Speaker 1: Okay, I really like it, but you're wrong. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: It's her kind of her saddest song every album, her most personal heartbreaks, emotional, vulnerable.
Speaker 3: So it's like, go to five to cry, Yeah, go with me?
Speaker 1: Well, oh, five to cry, that's a nice yeah.
Speaker 4: So this one's all about Joe Allwin and it's called what is called.
Speaker 1: It's called so Long London. Here, I'll play a little bit. You know what's actually so funny?
Speaker 5: I saw a Reddit quote and someone said, track five is the track that punches you in the face, calls you names, kicks you in the stomach, punctures your spleen with a kitchen knife, and leads you bleeding to death.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you know you're swift now, Okay, Okay, I did well. Really, I'm very it's your haircut. You have your hair cut, feeling you.
Speaker 4: Did I'm feeling fresh, all right? That is today versus back in the day.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 2: Here on the weekend, We've got a great show A Monday. Plan for you, brand new stuff all next week, so be here with us, and hey, please share a follow, whatever you're supposed to do on whatever platform you're listening on. It's at Brook and Jeffrey