Speaker 1: If you're about to make a change in your life and you feel uncomfortable, that's.
Speaker 2: The best feeling you can have.
Speaker 1: Because for the first time in your life, you'll make a new decision that's going to be best for you and not what somebody told you to do.
Speaker 2: And that's when all bets are off.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I'm your host, Rashan McDonald. Our theme is there's no perfect time to start following your dreams. I recognize that we all have different definitions of success. For you and maybe decide to your HM, it's time to stop reading other people's success stories to start living your own.
Speaker 2: Keep winning this show. I'm here every week, everybody.
Speaker 3: If you think I'm a missing week and I'm telling you I'm trying to change your life, you're talking to the wrong listening to the wrong show. I want to make a conversations master classes here every week, and these interviews and information that this show provides are for you. I said, I said, please listen to me. Clearly, it's time to stop reading other people's success stories and start living your own, creating your own, building your own, making your brand work for you. My guess pushs you some difficult circumstances to achieve significant professional progress and become a business mogual m O g U L please whose Welcome to Money Making Conversation Masterclass. Kimberly Kelly.
Speaker 2: How are you doing, Kimberly, I'm doing phenomenal?
Speaker 4: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Phenomenal? Using all them positive when you're coming out the box?
Speaker 4: Yes, you gotta stay positive.
Speaker 2: I'm superwoman. I'm a superwoman. You're coming out of the boxes. I'm super warm. Mon a phenomenal moment. I love it. I love it that positivity. Is that what drives your success? You being positive? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, that drives that gives keeps me with perseverance, keep me over for no matter what difficult moments you know, happen.
Speaker 2: Now, let's let's talk.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about you in difficult moments. You know, because I think that that stops a lot of people. You know, uh, because we all have valleys, you know. You know, COVID knocked out a whole country and created a difficult moment and forced us to live from our home and also sent us into a mental spiral. But difficult moments sometimes we can't control. So what is a difficult moment that you can share with us.
Speaker 4: I have, and that's a great question. I have a pretty lot of difficult moments. But just even if I start talking to just about my upbringing, being coming from where I come from, South Florida and basically raising myself on my own since I was about six or seven years old, probably six or seven, and being brought up in foster care, and even after that, being able to live on my own at the age of fifteen and have kids, and being able to push through even though I was placed in foster care, even though I had basically raised my brothers, and even though with those obstacles by face, I persevere and it became those adversities which kind of shaped me into being the Rezilian person I am today. So I didn't let that be me coming from that having a mother who was, you know, innodating drugs and not really having a support system and things of that nation having to figure out how to raise myself. So even with that, I continued to move forward because there was really no faith in it for me at that point. So that was one of the things that you know, kept me pushing forward and persevering through the difficulty moments.
Speaker 3: No you you mentioned at a very young age, Well, explain to everybody what exactly is Falster care.
Speaker 4: So falter care is a place that they put you in basically when you when the parent has either they have it can be from abuse. My situation with my mom was alcoholic and and drug abuse there and they put you there. It's supposed to be a temporary placement, but some of some kids get lost in the shuffle and some of them stay until they either age out or either family member decided they want to take them. And our kids who stayed for some years, and one of my aunts took us, but she didn't realize having three kids because it was me and my two younger brothers and we would play. We would in that place with her out of foster care. So foster care is a place that goes where kids are and went through trump traumatic situations and they have nowhere to go. So that's it's supposed to be a temporary placement, but sometimes it becomes permanent.
Speaker 3: It was really interesting that I'm trying to I'm trying to get into your world, you know a young person, Okay, you know, and was the faith play a role in your life at that early age?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I didn't have the faith, but I gained it there while I was imposter care. I did gain it there. They would take us to like little outings and things in one of the places we were go will be the church. And I had no idea of that during that time, but I did learn it as a young adolescent. During that time, I did learn how to pray, and it just seems so it seemed so natural like I had been. It was a part of who I was in my essence because I remember times where I'm like, okay, I just feel like I had the presence of God with me during those difficult years.
Speaker 3: And growing up, because you got to have something to believe in you. You got to have something to hold on to because your world, I think, is just spinning out of control and you are an age where you can control and that belief. In your conversation early on, you said you had a child at a young age.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did. I ended up and it became like you know, the basically kind of stereotypes difficult, that kind of thing my mom had me young. I ended up in foster care. Yeah, my brother's ended up in foster care because we really didn't have any direction, no one really raising us. And then I became a young mother ass well at that time, even though I was waising my brother's and because I didn't have anyone basically take care of me, I got in with the wrong people, not having any adult supervision and made some mad made not for great choices at that time.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You know the reason I'm just talking about this because I wanted to because you're a very successful person today, your business mogul. But I just wanted to lay out because a lot of people don't know how did they get that? You know, real story age ad and she she's mobilizing out there, she's running business. But everybody's journey to that path the way is not to say everybody's journey is not through college. Everybody's journey is not PhD. Everybody's journey is not two parents. But it always amazes me when people like you. I grew up with my parents stayed together my whole life, you know, and uh, and that impacted me. You know, I said I had the greatest parents, but I had parents who were there to me, saw me through high school and saw me through college, and it forced me to be a better person because I had two people I can communicate with you in foster care, you have two brothers that you're trying, younger brothers. Then you become a young mom. At what point in your life did you say enough, it's enough, or you start saying you know some I got to get my life together. I got to control the narrative.
Speaker 4: So to be transparently honest with you, it wasn't even an option for me. I always had that mindset because I had been taking care of my brother since I was so young. So, just to give you a clue, when we got when we were taken into foster care, I literally would not go inside the home of the foster mother until because they had separated me and my two brothers. I sat on the stud and just sat there and begged them to please when my brother's with me, and they put us all together to keep us together. So it wasn't even a thought process of okay, it had all. I just always had to be in like that kind of survival mode, right, So whatever I had to do, it was like I had to make sure they was taken care of because there was nobody. Really I couldn't look and say, okay, this person or these people are going to make sure me and them are good.
Speaker 3: Right, and you just ask you just just you know, because I have a very strong person size wise, what were you like you five two five three five four when you were like, well, just Luilla live be the person telling you I'm not going in this is me. I'm sorry. Where were you at physically being this demonstrative? And I said demonstrative in a good way, demanding that you have standards and you're not going to accept standards that you feel is below below what you want, living conditions you want for your for yourself. That's pretty admirable for somebody young. Where did that come from?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: I think it just came from the in fact of me taking care of them and knowing that like say, for instance, if my mom would leave a home for a couple of days, right, I just knew. I just kind of automatically took that motherly role to them. So it was just like they were even though they were my brothers, I was like their big sister and I was the protector. So when it came for when they came and took me away from the school and then I didn't have my brothers, it was like I was just sitting there and I was it was like, where are my brothers? Please find my getting me my brothers. And it wasn't like a mean think. It was more so like I was in distress, like I give, please get my brothers. I was about nine or ten at the time, so I probably I'm nine nine pounds my five cause I'm five and eighty now, so I would think I would be like five because about five to five at the time, so I know I was. And then I found to say waiting that time. So and then the thing and the blessing was I think God had a path at that time because my foster mother, she was she was kind enough, and she saw what I was experiencing. And I was led to the right person because she was able to facilitate that and make sure me and my brother stayed together today. But she went and called.
Speaker 3: Them right and today you know your real estate broken with six agents? Tell us about your company?
Speaker 4: Yes, so I have a real estate brokers here in the South Side and McDonough. I start off as a relator and then I decided, hey, you know, I love what I do because my goal is to educate, motivate, and basically teach people you know that we can do this, like we can own real estate, and there's so much out here that we can do as far as entrepreneurs or whatever it may be, whatever your desires and dreams are. So at the third year point, I was like, Okay, can't believe you're going to be a broker, you know. And then as the market changes, we went into COVID. So many things transpired during that time. So I'm always in the mindset of Okay, you want to be be adaptable, stay adaptable. And then I decided to open up my Bukerage, and my Bukerage I have six agents right now, and I am so excited about that because we're learning. We're going together and I'm learning as well along the with with the path, going with my agents and as we grow, it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: Now your own money making conversation master class now, so we're about to go with the master class here with laberl Ly Kelly. Okay, now you're broken. Now now now you got agents under you. How does that model work? How does that financial model work. I'm not trying to ask for any money in today, but for you to be because you could just do it by yourself. Now you got agents, how are you convinced them to work under you? How does that model work for your agency?
Speaker 4: So the model for my agency is more so like I am, how can I articulate this properly? I It's usually by word of mouth, Believe it or not, it's usually by word of mouth. And the agents that come to me are agents who really who want that kind of that one on one I'm a smaller brokerage. I'm not a big one yet, let's say yet, I like that one on one person. I like that one on one personal touch with my with my model with my agents where I can sit down and I can talk to them. I answer my phone every time. So as I'm growing, I'm going with myself with the agent. So the model is it's not a big corporate model, but it's a model that works for a smaller brokers where I can do that one on one training. I can do that one on one marketing strategy. I can do that one on one we can do we can continue to visualize things, celebrate from all victories, and can continue to educate ourselves and grow whatever. In the real estate space. That's really even with the trends.
Speaker 3: Right right now, when I when I when I listen to you, you know, it's about it's about relationships, okay, it's about branding. It's by branding. Is there a price range that your firm handles as far as houses do we shine We hound to houses from two fifty to a half me We hound the houses from half me in to me. Is there a price range in your agency?
Speaker 4: Well, within my agency, when I started out my agency, it was more so about my goal was to to educate first time home by It's because coming from where I come from, that is that was very important for me because where I grew up with and you really didn't see any homeowners. So that within myself that was a passion. But now as i've I've grown, it is like two fifty and above because of the changes within the market, you really cannot find anything. And you know, that's one hundred thousand dollars price point, so like two fifty three hundred and about up to millions and even farther than that now. But it's basically the main is two fifty to about seven to fifty right.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, great, when we come back, we're gonna hear more from the business mogul, and it's important to understand her story because her story might be your story. But what she didn't let is adversity, even at a young age, stop up from being the successful business mogul she is. Now, she's doing more than just real estate. We're gonna come back in here a whole lot more that my friend. I gonna call my friend now because she said, Weshine, I'm not corporate yet. I'm hands on right now, but I got big dreams. Because she's on Money Making Conversations master less, she's not reading other people's success stories, She's playing her own. Don't go nowhere, be right back for more Kimberly Kelly.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back with more money Making Conversations Masterclass with Rashaan McDonald. Welcome back to the Money Making Conversations Masterclass hosted by Rashaan McDonald. Money Making Conversations Masterclass continues online at Moneymakingconversations dot com and follow money Making Conversations Masterclass on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 3: Well, welcome back to Money Making Conversations master Class year listening to the host and the show Rashawn McDonald sharing a story about Kimberley Kelly. The reason I'm sharing that story because when the interview was grown to me, you know, she's successful, but that's not the story she wanted to tell. She wanted to tell the part about overcoming difficult circumstances, you know, going against the odds, being a single mom, teen mom in still being successful, which means that a lot of people need to hear that side of the store because guess we're a lot of people dealing with situations where they might consider catastrophic. And she said, living in foster care. You know, her mom was on drugs. That didn't stop her. You know, she wanted to maintain her family, her two young brothers. That didn't stop her. You know, getting a clear understanding that success was somewhere out there for you, Kimberly, you just knew you just had to figure out how to find it.
Speaker 4: Correct, absolutely, absolutely absolutely, Now.
Speaker 2: Tell us about your son. Okay, you had them at what you said? Fifteen, Yes, sir, fifteen, yep, I had him.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can continue, I'm sorry, Yes, and.
Speaker 4: Then I ended up having another one. By the time I was eighteen, I had two. Okay, so here I am a mom, I'm eighteen and I was eighteen basically there were two kids, and then I also have my brothers, right, and.
Speaker 2: How were they at that time?
Speaker 4: So one is I say, about four years younger than me, and then the other ones probably like six years. So we're all we're all like teenagers, are adolescents at this time that we're yeah, we're two young kids. Yes, yes, absolutely, yes, So we're.
Speaker 3: All basically living and this the success sign is not hanging over that door for.
Speaker 4: You, and it is not. It is not at all at that point. It's like, okay, but it never dawned on me that it never dawned on me, or ever was told, was never told, was never taught to me, dawned on me that I wouldn't be successful? Does that make sense? Because it was like I wasn't brought up with the okay, well you go to school, you get a degree. I kind of just had to figure out my own lane without what what would work for me at that time.
Speaker 3: And the emphasize with the audience here, now we got to get forward, the forward motion, the engine, the train track is starting to pick up steam. When did you start getting on that track.
Speaker 4: Kimberly, I actually it was like a situation where I totally like looked around one day and I was just like, I had my brother, my kids, and I probably worked like nineteen at this time, and I'm still trying to get my high school diploma. Even it just so much was happening, and I was just like, no, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta get it together. And at that time, we used to call them our shorties or whatever. I gotta take care of my kids. And I went back and got my high school diploma. I just full fledged started going to these They had these teenage workshops where you can go and learn how to do interviews, how to write resumes, that the you know, the govern they had offered, and I just threw myself into that, started learning, learning learning. I knew that education was going to be I kind of folked an outlet for me at that time. And with that, I just anything that I could learn. Because I was an avid reader. I just learned and I just picked up books and I just kind of carried it along with me. And so then I was like, Okay, I'm going to college. And then I went to school and I got my degree in electronics engineering.
Speaker 2: What college did you go to? What college?
Speaker 4: Did you go to Actually, I just went to I started going it's called Barbotkut of Communication, Barrock County College, and then I came up to Atlanta and then I went to the cam Tech and I got my technical degree in electronic engineering. And after that I just kind of just just went just full fledge for and just learning as much as I can about the IT world because that's what it was at that time.
Speaker 3: And so it's really a thank you for sharing this story so far, you know, because of the fact that I always fact, you know, you got to figure out your path. Everybody who's listening to this conversation or any conversation you here on the show, it's your path. This is a path that she is going about doing it. You know my previous interview. You know she went to Spelmen and went to University of Georgia. You know that's not your story. But she also didn't have two kids before the age of nineteen. She also wasn't in for foster care. And not saying that's the path that she went that nobody else can be successful. They are people who have stories that may be even more dire than Kimberly Kelly. But her story deserves a platform to be heard. And that's what I'm allowing to happen because I don't want excuses not out of hearing Kimberly's story.
Speaker 2: Ain't there right, Kimberly, thank you very.
Speaker 4: Much and absolutely absolutely you can do anything. You can do anything. There is nothing that you can do in this life. And you believe in yourself and you know that as long as there's aaron opportunity and you wake up in the morning, you can do it. You can absolutely do it. Trust me, if I did it from where I come from, I promise you if you just believe in yourself, if you just look in front of you, you put one foot get up in the morning, put one foot in front of the other. And regardless of irregardless of you may feel like the world is caven in on you, and sometimes it is caven.
Speaker 2: In on you.
Speaker 4: Give yourself a break to breathe in praise you have a spiritual sense. But practice resilience. If you have a support system, seeks you know a strong support network, and even if you don't have that, go look in the mirror and talk to yourself and say, hey, you know what I can do this I and then if you have, especially if you have your children, just look in their eyes and that should that that in it self is motivation.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: You know, the one thing I really appreciate this conversation is that you know it's a journey. When you could have not went and got your degree, you could have not went to technical, you could have not pursued because even when you know you got to get a license be a real estate broker, you know you got to study, you know, and they're not just passing it. I would have checked.
Speaker 2: And then the fact that now.
Speaker 3: You're a leader, you're a leader of people, you know, which means that that's even more important. But when you're in business, you have people want to get in business with your partnership, spouses. How does that work? Or are you in business by yourself or you in business with a partner or you're just a solo entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: I'm a business I with my spouse. I'm in business with my husband. So we have a couple. We have actually we have three businesses. I have the real estate side, which is you know, the real estate brokerage. And we have something called we have a business called K Kelly Ventures, which is property preservation. So with all the things that what happen within the market of I'm always on okay, what how can I how can I say adoubtable? How can I if any change coming? So I created the Property Preservation Company and that is doing well and self so and that basically is something where you just go in and you work with gangs and asset manages, manage management to provide services such as repair of inspectious maintenance for bake and maintain a vacant properties. In the real estate world.
Speaker 2: You just some that's good. You just money making machine. Just money making machine.
Speaker 4: That's up.
Speaker 3: You're on the right show too to tell your story, Kimberly Kelly A right. Really, you know when I when I I'm so happy that you're honest about your life because so many people want to like tell a part of it that that feels makes them feel good, but then they leave out important information that don't help the average person understand it can be them too, that they can make it too, they can achieve success. So I want to thank you from boy to my heart for coming on Money Making Conversation and sharing your story. But also both sides, the success of being a single mom, the success of being a black woman who is being stereotyped the success of being a business owned, success of being married to a wonderful man, success of being an entrepreneurial spirit with your husband, continue success in your life. Kimbri La Kelly, and thank you for coming on Money Making Conversation master Class.
Speaker 4: And thank you so much. I'm so honored that you have me on your show. And thank you for all that you do and pouring into people the way you're doing.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Are you you boored in me now, Kimberly, there's two ways now, Okay, you poured into me. Now you inspired me. So when I feel bad when I'm getting up at four thirty, I just got to thank Kevile Kelly, thank you, thank you, my afraid for coming to my show.
Speaker 4: Okay, you'll be blessed.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: This has been another edition of Money Making Conversation master Class hosted by me Rashan McDonald. Thank you to all my guests, you know, doctor Cherriot, Collier, kimber Ly Kelly for being on the show, and thank you our listening artience. Join us next week and remember to always lead with your gifts, keep winning.
Speaker 5: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Masterclass Money Making Conversations Masterclass with Rushan MacDonald is produced by thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight fifteen media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts