Speaker 1: Listen to your shirt every single day.
Speaker 2: God damn the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Want a breakfast club.
Speaker 4: I can't say breakless close without being a worthless flu.
Speaker 5: You're like this rare air.
Speaker 2: She got platforms and partners all over the place with us. Your man is so high.
Speaker 6: People want to be in business with the Breakfu.
Speaker 4: I don't think white people know how popular you guys are. DJ Envy just hilarious, Charlemagne, the God.
Speaker 6: You guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk.
Speaker 7: I know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 4: Yo, Good morning Usa yo yo.
Speaker 8: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 4: Just hilarious. Good morning, Charlamagne, the God speaks to the planet.
Speaker 6: Is Monday, a back from the A from what's happening? How y'all feeling out there?
Speaker 4: Man, I'm feeling that's right.
Speaker 9: This week it was the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 6: Man, we had a time man.
Speaker 3: First of all, Atlanta was just good dues period drop on the clues bomds Form ninety six one to beat on home station in Atlanta. We was at clock Atlanta University Friday morning breaking bread with the kids. And then Saturday was the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, which is simply a black podcast family reunion.
Speaker 6: That's what you know. I realized that this weekend.
Speaker 3: I was like, yo, for anybody who's in the business of podcasting, for anybody who loves podcasting, the Black Effect Podcast Festival is a place for all of us just to come together and congregate and celebrate you know what podcasting has become.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 6: Yes, So we had a ball Saturday.
Speaker 4: At the time. Oh my god, yep, it was. It was really fun. Did you eat a lot in Atlanta? I ate outside of the festival? Wasn't no food and great trying to make us, Oh, it's mad.
Speaker 3: Food for the talent of the d I don't know way he was talking about, because he had his own rule of vip in the mad but uh uh, everybody ate we had mad food trucks with all the vendors that was out there.
Speaker 4: You ate, you had mad plates. Not at the festival I had.
Speaker 3: You had a whole kariochy bowl or something and I threw it out. It was not good.
Speaker 6: And then we went to dinner Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Then I told you come with us the Magic City.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no, just breeze over dinner. So we went to a Japanese restaurant. You know how some stuff, yeah, very much, so you know how some stuff he's so gourmet that it's barely food.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So this this restaurant was like for the ambiance and for like Imagy imagery and all that. This man come up with his little shirt open like he coming on the beach, and he some, Oh yeah you eating and everything. You missed the yams and the lamb. I'm excited. I asked the guy, Okay, do I have any rice?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: And he he was like, no, we don't do rice or pasta.
Speaker 3: They had risotto and noodles. Knocking home. You making stuff up. He's making this up.
Speaker 4: A Japanese pot in Atlanta for a couple of pieces of tunea baloney, because it was like it was very thing. You know, when it's two going may, it's like, oh my god, are we barely eating? I had to squint to see what was on the plate. It was a lot going on. But the drinks was good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was a spot recommended to me by to Porsche, my homey Porsche. Yeah, it was cool though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Porch was like, I'm sorry, I did not even think you wanted to eat.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you make reservations for people to eat, you gotta think, oh, they gotta eat.
Speaker 6: If you're a sushi person, you liked.
Speaker 4: It, and then you went right to Magic City and ordered the whole man because you was hungry, starve and drinking wine.
Speaker 6: I always know the wine was great.
Speaker 5: Know.
Speaker 3: We had a ball at Magic City to drop on the clue box of Magic City.
Speaker 4: Shout Magic City Wings from Magic City.
Speaker 6: There were wings never came.
Speaker 2: We ordered that.
Speaker 3: We did order the wings. Food was a little slower than landed that. I will say. We ordered the wings. The wings never came. Okay, all right, everything else came. The ones came, every came first. Ones came first, right away. They bought the ones out a nice little backpack. It was all good. But the wings never came. Now, did y'all get y'all wings?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 3: The wings never came. For the few order wings that went out that never came. But other than that, we had a good time. Yeah, live Magic City and mister Magic himself, what's happening?
Speaker 6: Thank you for the hospitality.
Speaker 9: Now Flay and Moreau will be joining us this morning as Hey, Netflix is a joke.
Speaker 3: I do not want to think about No Script club, to be thinking about the Dame.
Speaker 9: Somebody somebody's happy, Okay, somebody's happy.
Speaker 4: And then we got front page news.
Speaker 9: Will tell you about your president, Joe Bidenson, Old Movies, The Breakfast Club, Good morning morning, everybody's st n V. Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page.
Speaker 4: News page News.
Speaker 3: I ain't even tell y'all how Jess Hilarious is trying to cook sushi at the restaurant on Saturday, because you know they bring the little for the little things out that you can like fry, you little pieces of me on trying to fry the sushi.
Speaker 4: Because it was wrong, because it's supposed to be. Everything was wrong sushi. No Dave was bringing out low slabs, the rash salmon. No, there was no rights and no one wrapped up. I'm just saying sushi wrapped up.
Speaker 3: Trying to cook the tune in salmon sushi.
Speaker 4: And the guy was like, no, no, that's just for the lobster's toy. Excuse me, i'ma move by the way, because I'm about to put everything on here to cook it. And that's what you did, Yes, cook a whole bunch of samples, a.
Speaker 9: Bunch of samples all right. Over the week, Let's start up with sports. Magic beat Cavaliers one twelve eighty nine and Thunder beat the Pelican Celtics beat the Heat. The next beat the seventy six is Jalen Brunson went crazy. He scored forty seven points. He was he was going nuts. So one nineteen one. On eighth, the Lakers beat the Nuggets, Clippers beat the Mavericks, the Paces beat the Bucks, and the Timberwolves finished off the Suns and went crazy as well. Now we got to dump right into Joe Biden. You think you guys are crazy. Joe Biden had a busy, busy weekend, so you know he's tired.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the White House Correspondence dinner this weekend.
Speaker 9: But he started off with Friday with an interview with Howard Stern, where he talked about a bunch of different things, like abortion rights, the fact that he would love to debate Trump, and the fact that he had suicidal thoughts.
Speaker 11: I used to sit there and think to myself, I'm just gonna take out a bottle of scotch.
Speaker 4: There wasn't. We always had liquor in.
Speaker 11: The house my house as well, and I was going to just drink it and get drunk, and I can never bring myself to do it. And I actually thought about, you know, you don't have to be crazy to commit suicide. If you've been to the top of the mountain, you think it's never going to be there again. And just a brief moment, I thought, maybe I just go to the Della Memorial version and jump. But I had two kids. I mean, it wasn't I don't get me wrong. I wasn't like I got to commit to it. It was like, you've been to the top of the mountain, it's never going to happen again.
Speaker 6: You don't have to be great to commit suicide.
Speaker 4: I meant.
Speaker 3: He meant to say, you don't have to be dealing with any type of mental health issues right don't want to commit suicide.
Speaker 4: Right now, like you said. Over the weekend also, that was Friday.
Speaker 9: Saturday was the annual Correspondence dinner and Joe Biden, you know, that's when he jokes, they joked they have all the celebrities a day they all laugh.
Speaker 4: Ha ha ha ha ha. And this is how some of it went this weekend, twenty twenty four. Elections in full swing.
Speaker 11: And yes, age is an issue.
Speaker 4: I'm a grown man running against a.
Speaker 6: Six year old.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel great, I really feel great.
Speaker 11: I'm campaigning all over the country, Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina. I've always done well in the original thirteen colonies. Age is the only thing we have in common. My vice president actually endorses me. I had a great stretch since the State of the Union, but Donald's had a few tough days lately.
Speaker 4: You might call it stormy weather.
Speaker 3: What the hell, boom, get that man off the stage. Okay, there is nothing funny with what's going on in our world. Are in American government? That's probably why I found none of that funny. But no, I probably didn't find any of it funny because it wasn't funny, just wasn't all right.
Speaker 4: Well, that was your front page news.
Speaker 9: Now next hour we got to talk about one of the prosecutors in New York being pulled over, and she did something that I've never seen before in my life.
Speaker 4: First of all, she didn't pull over.
Speaker 9: She kept going till she got home, and when she got home, she told the cop who she was and was like, basically, I'm gonna prosecute this anyway. I'm gonna let it go anyway, so you can give me a ticket if you want. Then she walks in the house. The cop is like, yo, you can't walk in the house.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: But we'll talk about the next hour. She's not a white woman. Don't bury the leave, we leave.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do next hour.
Speaker 6: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 9: Still, I don't even think any other person, even if you're a white woman, could walk in.
Speaker 4: The house when the cops chasing talking to you, I'd be like, hold up, I'm thirsty, let me get a water.
Speaker 6: That's pretty much a white woman who's the district attorney. I believe you would.
Speaker 9: Press your luck like that. Jesus No, we'll talk about it next hour. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. If you need to vent, phone line to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Let us know how your weekend was. It was the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: This is me?
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone, morning morning. So I looked at.
Speaker 7: The podcast Sustable this weekend Jazz.
Speaker 13: You must fall you to follow with your pleasant to jaw.
Speaker 4: Thank you baby and Charlemagne.
Speaker 14: I'm going to beg you my friends, Canda, thank you so much again.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I got it right here.
Speaker 6: I'm holding it in my hand right now.
Speaker 12: Did you light it yet?
Speaker 6: Now I'm about to light it. You're talking from Natural Ambrosia.
Speaker 8: Right, You're from Nature's Abroadjay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is ambrosia. Yep.
Speaker 2: I got it right here.
Speaker 6: I'm a lighted this morning.
Speaker 10: Yeap.
Speaker 4: He got it right in his hand.
Speaker 8: But I have so much fun.
Speaker 14: I got a lot of valuable information and I did pitch my podcast and I just had so much fun.
Speaker 12: But everyone to do.
Speaker 4: I left Friday. I had to work and then my kids got game, so I was out of there.
Speaker 12: Okay, but I just had so much.
Speaker 2: Fun that Thank you man, y'all.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next year at the Black Podcast Family Reunion.
Speaker 4: Hello, Who's this was good?
Speaker 2: It was good?
Speaker 13: K I want to get it on my chest.
Speaker 4: Man forward, he said what.
Speaker 13: I said, I want to get on my test with the DA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you said pause, Why you pause for beuzy.
Speaker 13: Just getting it off my chest. That's that's a strong force movement right there.
Speaker 3: If you put it on your chest. Boy, y'all in love? On your chest, y'all in love? Brother, Go ahead, bro.
Speaker 13: Now I heard y'all talking about how the DA got followed all the way into the house he can't stopped, and then went inside the house and got some water. I don't even think that's right right then, because if that was anybody else, especially that looked liked, I don't think I would have made it halfway to my house.
Speaker 3: No, you'd have got shot. But you're a black man. It's a white woman who's a DA. Come on, now we know what we're talking about him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's ridiculous, man.
Speaker 13: I think you need to do community service in a Broadway dunk the train station actually resisting arrest.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she said she took the ticket, and she would have took the ticket.
Speaker 4: She had no problem.
Speaker 9: She wasn't using her You know the fact that she was a district attorney, which is all alive, like there is nobody in life that when the police put the sirens on, that you're going to continue to drive home.
Speaker 4: Then you're gonna tell them who you are.
Speaker 9: You're just gonna drop the ticket anyway, and then you walk inside the house.
Speaker 4: There's nobody that would do that.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that. I think there's a lot of white women. Yeah, I think there's a lot of white women that would do that. That is very caringish behavior. That is all the way to the house. They would have got tackled before that.
Speaker 6: Well you can, if you can tackle her in the car, you a bad mother.
Speaker 9: No, No, when she was walking into like she was out there outside arguing for a minute, and if she just walked in the house.
Speaker 6: I don't tackle a white woman.
Speaker 4: You right, touche?
Speaker 9: All right, Well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. And that story we'll be talking about in the next front page news if you will give you all the details.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only white women that get tackled nowadays, white women that's on these college campuses protesting, uh, you know, against what they believe to be a genocide.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well get it off your chest. Call us now it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's some new day.
Speaker 4: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait, whether you're mad or blessed, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one.
Speaker 4: We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club. Hello. Who's this? Yo?
Speaker 15: Vy?
Speaker 4: You know the the word is mellow, mello?
Speaker 10: What up?
Speaker 2: Mellow?
Speaker 14: Yo?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 7: I need I need to get this for my test for the one time. So I need women to stop blocking their blessings and calling us men saxy. It's just regular healthcare and regular mental health, you know what I mean. I'm not stastic because I want to take a bath, like it ain't fit to us that we sash because we want to take a bath. I'm not tweeting like I'm reverend or nothing like that. And y'all blocking y'all blessings because gangster. When I drink wine, I'll be feeling sexy as hell, and I get nasty into making mac and cheese.
Speaker 6: Wine is amazing.
Speaker 7: Why am I crafty for that?
Speaker 3: Not only is wine amazing, wine is good for your hard health. And all I hear you doing mellow is talking talking some good self care. This morning's right mellow, some amazing self care.
Speaker 4: I can tell you it's mad mellow because mellow. You ain't even say what's up to? Charlamagne?
Speaker 9: Or yes, you just went right in. Usually you speaking, you say good morning all that you just went right in?
Speaker 12: Yo.
Speaker 7: Nah, that's a fact.
Speaker 12: I'm not Yo.
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 10: Un?
Speaker 3: How you feeling, bees King, I'm blessed black and Holly favorite brother.
Speaker 6: Thank you for asking what's up?
Speaker 8: Jet? What's up?
Speaker 2: Camera?
Speaker 7: Because every time I see you off small?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Just what's well? Thank you? He's a little slickling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know the b But does that make me that you know?
Speaker 6: No, man, they can't.
Speaker 3: So I got me a manicure and petticure last week.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean. I got my candles right here late this morning.
Speaker 4: Can't say all that he said it was not now you adding candles.
Speaker 3: Ain't sassy though, I got my aroma therapy bees white candles. You know what I'm saying. I got my oils. You know I go to therapy every week. If that's sassy, then hey, this is the era of the soft in all soft boy era.
Speaker 7: Nah, but you be flirting with you, be flirting with everybody's pulling on this radio station, and you'll be flirting with envy.
Speaker 2: Bro I thought, black men, that's not true.
Speaker 3: That's not true. Now you turn into this little Now you're acting like a toxic stud. Now cut it out.
Speaker 4: Always look like all y'all, alright, mellow, he said.
Speaker 6: I looked like it was study. Do be toxic, man.
Speaker 3: And we don't have enough conversations about how toxic studs are.
Speaker 4: All of them.
Speaker 9: A lot of them be confusing though, because I don't know if they women and men, and sometimes I just don't know what to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then a cluck Atlanta. I know, I knew it was a girl. We're gonna say, hey, what's your name? Brother, Charlemagne gonna say, I said, that is not a brother.
Speaker 6: We'll be honest with you. I did that a lot in Atlanta this weekend.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, I'd be like peace King, and it'd be a whole study.
Speaker 4: So happy like, no, don't do that happy to be a little king said.
Speaker 9: Up, get it off your just eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five water if you need to be in here, this's up.
Speaker 4: Now we got just with the mess coming up? What we're talking about? Yeah, sure, Gil Bellerinas, this something so funny. He's being sued by his big mother. But the reason why it's crazy. It's all over a ring. But I'm gonna let y aall know everything else. All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is Steevejy Envy, Jess Hilarious, Cholamine, the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Happy Monday.
Speaker 6: What's happening.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to be back.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: You know, had a great weekend in Atlanta this weekend?
Speaker 4: Shout everybody?
Speaker 3: The hell did I just say, had a great weekend in Atlanta this weekend?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's right, we go with you.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get to Jest with the mess. You need this real weather. It's just Hilarian's Jeff carrobbing Moore. Just don't do no lines, don't do that t talk nobody talk the world why Jests worldwide mess on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 16: She was able to get well, to see something and understand something then could get you to home.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say the Bob, look, fine, you don't gotta keep touching it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he he was like, why should be stuffed by Monday? So anyway, Gil, but the ring is was sued by his ex, Laura Govin over a fake ring. So we sat down with lad and he spoke on why his ex why he gave his ex a fake engagement ring.
Speaker 17: From the jump when the proposal happened, it was like, I think around the birthday, we got in a fight eight days later and broke up.
Speaker 2: And when we broke up, I'm like, that was a waste of money. I hold my ring back.
Speaker 17: So I was like, how do I get my ring back? I just got to get her back. Well, when she comes back, i'ma have a fake win and I can switch it at anytime. And then that's what I did. Have to fake one created and started hey missed, you come on back and do all that stuff, and then played house, and then years later I eventually switched it, put that one in the safety deposit, and then she just had the fake.
Speaker 4: One years later. Pay Yeah you played how for years? Wow? That is crazy?
Speaker 6: A few months.
Speaker 4: Later they played house years later. Yeah, he started pretending like for four or five months. So we had the fake ring made or whatever, right, and the fake ring was ten thousand dollars, but the original, the real ring that he said it was between three hundred and ninety five thousand and four hundred finals and Jesus one hundred thousand. So I don't know. And they broke up eight days later after he proposed to her with the five hundred thousand dollar ring.
Speaker 9: He just didn't want her to have it because Gilber got bread. Yeah, but I know I was in a club. He spent one hundred thousand on bottles. Jesus, he gave every It was to the point where bottles were just rolling on the floor unopened at the end of the night.
Speaker 4: He just it was crazy.
Speaker 3: But I do remember, you know, I do know he was a former NBA player, right, But what're talking about?
Speaker 4: But what fake ring is ten thousand dollars? I don't think it was fake. I just think it was a lower grade of like carrots or diamonds or whatever. What fake ring is.
Speaker 9: Ten thousand dollars and it's really golden ouse that makes any think I'm like ten thousand, three hundred Canal Street mm hm.
Speaker 4: You also spoke about when she found out the ring was fake.
Speaker 2: When did she find out that the ring was fake?
Speaker 17: I think once we broke up and it was all said and done, and she started like really going at me in the media, and then I won like custody, and then from there, I guess one of her friends was basically telling her that you need full custody, so you need to you know, he needs to be a danger, he needs to do this so you can put a restraining order on him. So that's when the fight started happening. And then once that started happening, and then being the troller, I am, I put I took a picture, put the ring on it.
Speaker 2: Oh you had the original rate had THESI it out.
Speaker 3: Live legend dropping the clues bomb for the legendary the reader, I ain't hit nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the friend of the clown, what do you mean he needs to be a danger and all of that, So you need to get fake all this stuff to get a restraining on us a week so she can gain custody. But she tried to sue him, so she found out online with us when that he had switched the ring out, So then she tried to sew him and she lost. So that's end the story. That's so all right. Moving on Louisiana man sentence to physical castration. I didn't even know that they do this, all right. So on April seventeen, for fifty four year old man named Glenn Sullivan, he pled guilty to raping a fourteen year old girl several times. Right, and then the a DNA test was done, she got pregnant. She got pregnant by him, right, He had been raping her for years. He also reportedly threatened the family of hers and the victim to make sure they never spoke about the rape. But in twenty twenty two, the young girl came clean to detectives. The judge on the case sentenced him to fifty years in prison and mandated him to be physically castrated. So castration, for those who don't know, is when they cut a golf balls off. Okay, and I thought it was when they cut a penis off. But no, it's like when they.
Speaker 6: Thought I thought, when they take the whole thing off.
Speaker 4: No, it's really Yeah, it's when they cut your golf balls off, just the testicles. Yes, I know. So he can't produce, yeah, all steak, no potatoes, he can't produce and he can't have like sexual woman.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: I thought, I thought when removed the whole thing, and that's what I had wished.
Speaker 3: But no, yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it because it's not a case of mistaken peteness.
Speaker 4: The man played guilty, Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 6: He said it was him.
Speaker 4: So you know that is a Is that a law? I didn't know that was on the books. I didn't know that either. I didn't either. Yeah, but the prosecutor in the case that he's he's seen many sex offenders be chemically castrated, but never physically. A chemical castration is when a man is giving drugs to stop the production of sex hormones. But Glenn's nasty as ain't getting the chemical castration.
Speaker 3: He just I don't know.
Speaker 4: It doesn't say in here where they throw them somewhere I don't know, right like something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They might have a recipe for that. Okay, they get some good food done.
Speaker 4: This ain't going to jail. So they sat him up his little bussy reeby open. That's very funny and there, but but it is what it is, all right, that is just with the mess for that first hour.
Speaker 6: Thank somebody tell you ain't got no balls, and you really ain't got nothing.
Speaker 4: That's wild. I didn't even know they could do that. Yeah, that's what I was puzzled about.
Speaker 9: I was like, wow, all right, Well, when we come back, we got to tell you about the district attorney, New York district attorney who got pulled over and decided that she didn't want to pull over, and that she went all the way to the house, parked the car in the garage, and then went inside and.
Speaker 4: Chilled for a second.
Speaker 9: Well she ain't chill second for a second, but she did go inside the house, and she wasn't slammed, she wasn't thrown on the floor, she wasn't shot.
Speaker 4: We'll explained them when we come back.
Speaker 2: Come back.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast slogan. Morning you're checking out the breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 9: It's DJ NV Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news now. In sports, Magic beat the Cavaliers one twelve eighty nine. They tied the series two to two. Thunderbeat the Pelicans win O six eighty five. They lead three zero in that series. Celtics beat the Heat, they lead the series to one. The Lakers beat the Nuggets over the week in Denver, leaves that series three one. The nixt lead the series three one over the seventy six. They beat the seventy six of this week in ninety seven ninety two. After the game, Joel embiid he was pretty pissed off because he said, the Philly arenas sounded more like the Guardian.
Speaker 4: I've always had such great home court advantage here.
Speaker 12: How strange was it for you the past two games with the significant amount of Knicks fans in the house.
Speaker 10: Disappointing? You know, I love our fans. Thank You's Unfortunately I'm not calling them out, but it is disappointing. Well, obviously you got a lot of Knicks fans they're down the world that never see it. And I've been here for ten years.
Speaker 3: Kind of off, yeah, but New York right up the street, just like he said, And if the Knicks are winning, of course, the fan of the winning team is gonna be a loted than the fans of the losing team in any arena.
Speaker 9: But not only that, is probably cheaper to get tickets in Philly than it is the Garden. You think yeah, absolutely, absolutely So it's easy to drive. You know, I woul and have to go to Philly to watch the game.
Speaker 3: I think it's just about the performance. Like you know what I'm saying. If you if you're a team and you come out there and perform, you know your home crowd is going to be losing it. They're gonna be making a lot of noise. But if you the a team and you coming out there and you're not performing and you losing, your fans not gonna be as loud.
Speaker 4: They were actually winning the majority of the game. Well they didn't win the game. They did not. They did not.
Speaker 9: Now we got to talk about this d a district attorney who was try he tried to pull them over, try to pull her over for speeding. She didn't pull over, actually got to her house. She was caught on camera calling the police officer at a hole and a host of other things.
Speaker 4: We have the new support to the traffic stuff.
Speaker 8: I have the right to detain you until this is done. Can you please come over here. This is on a traffic stop. Man right now, Okay, I'm telling you why I stopped you. You didn't stop at all? Did you not hear my wife or sirens. Okay, Well you're not supposed to be on the phone while you're driving either.
Speaker 14: Yes, I am with a hands free absolutely.
Speaker 12: Okay me, I'm doing my job. You you just admitted to me that you were going fifty five and a thirty five? Chris, can you stay over here, man, you're legal traffic stops, you have your ID.
Speaker 8: No, it's she stopped you, Dennis. Sure, I stopped her for going fifty five and a thirty five and she failed to stop. She drove all the way back home and person and now she's not she's not complaining.
Speaker 4: She walked in the house. Well, she's the district attorney.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 3: But you're the same person on Friday who said some stupid stuff about president should be a music for crime to shut up.
Speaker 4: Said shouldn't go to jail the crime.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I said, And that's dumb. But Sandra, Sandra is the DA. That's her privilege and her power, not just white privilege. In white power, she thinks because she knows the chief of police and can get him on the phone and say here, you talk to your offices, she feels like she's above the law.
Speaker 4: Well, the problem was she kept going. She did not stop. She did not Uh.
Speaker 9: She Actually she should have been tackled. She should have been put in and she should have been padded down that.
Speaker 4: She should have been tackled. Yes, she should.
Speaker 9: If she's walking into a house and you're a police officer pulling somebody over and she's walking into that house, you don't know what she's going in that house to get.
Speaker 4: Yes, she should have been tackled. Yeah, she's walking towards the house. She walked in her house. She walked in the house and came back out.
Speaker 3: But she she definitely called uh, she called the chief police. It's just it's just an abusive privilege and an abusive power, Like she's the district attorney and she thinks because she knows the chief of police, she thinks she's above the law.
Speaker 4: Okay, so nothing should happen to her like like this barred or anything.
Speaker 3: Nothing's going to happen. She got a ticket, she went to court. Nothing's going to happen here.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I don't know what should happen, but nothing's going to happen there.
Speaker 8: M hm.
Speaker 9: We gotta follow up on the story because absolutely, well, I think now the fact that it's all over the news.
Speaker 4: Something probably hub Yeah.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I got her come into the front of the congregation this morning, but I don't know what is supposed to happened to her in a situation like that, other than public embarrassment.
Speaker 9: Well, she also said that, I think in the video she said that I will probably get this case and I will try my own case myself.
Speaker 4: So Starry Khaki, Yeah, Scarry Cocky don't care about the law. Obviously, none of them thinks she's above it. Yeah, hopefully this gets a lot of press.
Speaker 9: And lastly, the college campus protests are going even more and more schools with the fact that they're actually thinking about stopping some of these graduations because they don't want the problems or the students to actually get arrested.
Speaker 4: And we have a new support on.
Speaker 19: That tension spilling over at UCLAs protesters clash on campus across the country this weekend. Hundreds arrested or detained for protesting on campuses from Arizona to Missouri, where eighty people were arrested overnight at Washington University, some now released. At USC Saturday, the school's pained Trojan statue vandalized, and these images overnight showed tactical police units surrounding the campus. They were later called off that stand down, despite students returning to the very same area on campus police cleared them from last week. All of this calling many to question the decisions colleges across the country are making about how to handle the protest.
Speaker 6: Most kids not playing.
Speaker 3: But it's gonna be very interesting come November when folks turn around and try to get those same kids to vote for the president that president they're currently protesting, which is President Joe Biden, because they're upset that President Joe Biden continues to fund, you know, Israel's military for their actions against God. So it's gonna be very interesting to see y'all turn around and try to get those name kids vote President Biden November.
Speaker 9: And I heard a lot of people saying that they believe that they are not a lot of students that are protesting. That they believe it's some outside source that's actually pushing pushing this and pushing the students to get arrested to make the president and make everybody look back.
Speaker 4: I did read something about that as well.
Speaker 6: I don't know we was on it.
Speaker 3: We was on campus Clark Atlanta campus on Friday, and those students had a lot of strong opinions.
Speaker 6: And those weren't no uh, no paid actors, right.
Speaker 4: That were with us. That's right, they had either one they ain't like.
Speaker 3: They had a lot of us strong opinions about you know, what was going on was going on between their drill and gods and so you know those weren't no paid actors that we saw Friday.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 4: All right, well that is front page news.
Speaker 9: Now when we come back, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five, five to one, oh five to one. How do you handle when people give you advice that aren't qualified to give you that advice? Now, this conversation comes from just was telling me a situation. I'm going to break it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my son just recently told me and his dad that he did not want to play sports or whatever, right, and you know, a couple family members and you know friends was just like, nah, he needed to play sports, like he needed to play sports. And this is the thing we're just now getting asked to open up to be able to express the feelings because we just found out that he was playing football because he wanted him to. He really didn't want you. He's into tech, he's into engineering, he's into software, building things and stuff like that. So when he told me that, you know a couple of people you know like, oh, nah, nah, he gotta do something, he gotta do a sport, like nah, that's not Now we like, no, why is it always to go to? And then this person ain't got no kids, So it's like, how can you give me? That's like a single person giving marriage advice all the time, which, by the way, I do. That's crazy, but I'm just with a myself. I mean, I'm just fixing my mess. That's different. But I just hate that, like you have the audacity to tell me to think that you can tell me about what my kids should be doing or how I should treat the situation and you don't even have kids, Like you can't do that, you know, and think I'm not supposed to feel some type of way. Well, let's hopen up.
Speaker 9: The phone lines eight doesn't treat five five to one, oh five to one. How do you handle when people give you advice that aren't necessarily qualified to give you that advice? Let's discuss It's the breakfast club Good morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's topic times. Call eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Morning everybody, It's the j Envyess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Now if you're just joining us, who open up the phone lines eight hundred five five one oh five to one.
Speaker 4: How do you handle when.
Speaker 9: People give you advice that aren't necessarily qualified to give that advice? Now, this conversation comes from Jess Hilarius, who's talking about her son, And you said, what happened now?
Speaker 6: Rigga down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my son don't want to play football no more. He just recently told me ron that, and a couple of friends and family just felt like they could insert themselves. And these friends and family don't even have kids, and they were like, well, he got to play a sport. He gotta do something like it, like he has to. And I think it was just more so like the audacity that kissed me off, Like yo, look what like you gotta get him in something like he can't just sit around. First of all, my son don't just sit around anyway. He told us what he wants to do. So I'm gonna get him in STEM programs. I'm gonna like, it's what i am was telling us about that, Like, there are engineering programs for kids before way before they get to college, right way before they get to high school. So now that I know what my baby wants to do, what you have to do? You have to listen to your kids. That's what I'm gonna get him into.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I'm with you, Like, first of all, I do agree that kids have to be in something, but it doesn't have to be sports.
Speaker 4: Whatever it is to make his mind, to push him to go further that it is.
Speaker 9: But if you don't have kids, or you've never been in a situation, or it's hard to tell people what they can do. Yeah, if you never had a kid, you never know what it feels like when a kid does not want to do something or a kid feels like he wants to do something.
Speaker 4: But now let me ask you a question.
Speaker 9: You do give advice at one time you were single, giving that advice, does that you know falling the same thing?
Speaker 4: And see, that's that's where it kind of gets hard at because a lot of people have even told me that a lot of people who's messed that I have fixed, like, well, you ain't never you know, I know you're not married, so I know you can't really give me rayage advice. But that's the thing I grew up with you married parents. I see. You know what I'm saying. I don't know. I'm not going to say it's necessarily different. It's more similarities with that, but I don't know. My thing is if you don't hand no kids, you don't you've never been like a mother or a father, or you cannot be so like aggressive with how you give advice. I'm not saying I'll never take advice from somebody whoin't got no kids, But it's the way you said, like, oh no, you got being something y'all computers, Like what That's not what you mean. That's not what are you talking about.
Speaker 6: That's just because they don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he and ashe loves football, he just don't want to play and that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do feel like you can learn something from everybody, but nobody can tell you what's best for your child, because truth be told, you can't even tell your child what's best for him in every circumstance.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: And this is a great example of that Ash knows he doesn't want to play sports. He knows what he wants to do. And that's the problem with a lot of parents. We don't listen to our kids enough. We keep trying to live our dreams through them, and we want them to do what we've seen working for others. But if that young man has a has a clear idea of what he wants to do, the only thing we can do is feed.
Speaker 4: That, right. That's it. Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 9: I think if you do have kids, it's hard to give an advice because you've never been in that situation. And I think in those times, like like I said, I listen and I just disregard device a lot of times, like I go to mom and popap like they've been there, they kind of know.
Speaker 2: And that's why I go.
Speaker 3: By the way, there's only one person to listen to in that situation, as I just said, the child.
Speaker 6: If your child is telling you this is what I want to do, I don't want to do this.
Speaker 4: Feed that, right.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a very great I want to be an engineer, Wow, I want to be into tech.
Speaker 4: Great? Yeah, so now that make me all the money back that I pay for football's right, Jesus sash.
Speaker 5: Good morning, good morning, Good morning you guys.
Speaker 4: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I feel one of two ways. So part of me, I am an educator. I've been working with kids over ten years now, But I do get that a lot because I don't have children that of my own, that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to raising kids. Now, I know that a lot of us educated if we don't have children, people do like to say that. But at the same time, part of me, Bill, you need to know just that you raise your child how you want to raise your child. At the end of the day, you don't listen to other people and what they have to say about how you raise your child. At the end of the day, you're the only one that wants happiness for your son, and so focus on that. Like you said, he's into text. Some kids are into text. They don't like sports, and that's totally fine. But it's just because the stigma in the black community is the only way for us to quote unquote get out of those hoods, for us to support our children into sports.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, by the way, all kids are in the tech We just have to get our kids out of the mindset of what we should always get to get out of the mindset of of just being consumers.
Speaker 6: That's all we ever do is consume, consume, consume.
Speaker 3: Instead of being in front of your tablet all day or being on the video games are there and being on the phone all day, go learn how to cold Yeah you know what I'm saying. Go learn how to make those programs that are getting everybody so addicted. Go learn how to build apps. Like so we're all in, all these kids, they are in the tech. They just didn't used to be in the consumers.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 6: Hello, were your creators?
Speaker 4: And this is good morning. What's your advice? What you think? What's your thoughts? Say?
Speaker 7: Something said a lot of what people should just keep their mouth shut?
Speaker 3: Why because they ain't brush your teeth this morning, like you didn't. They just decided to call the radio you ain't brush your teeth yet this morning, to have you tell it true?
Speaker 11: I did you.
Speaker 18: All?
Speaker 6: I know you lying get your voice?
Speaker 4: Just said people should just shut up in mind their own business. Yeah, I do understand that. That teacher though, like, all right, so she works with kids every day, so I could give you know, and and be that as it may. Like, seriously, we may not want to admit it, but our kids spend more time with their teachers than us, so that's different, you know. But like I said, you don't even if you don't work with kids, you know, you just got a bunch of God kids or whatever kids that you can drop off, you know what I'm saying, Like, you can't just be so aggressive with vice on what somebody should be doing with their kid, right or I would never or why nah not go and play when they get had them, had them a little, because yeah, people.
Speaker 6: Just don't understand the tech world.
Speaker 3: So when somebody said, when you hear your child say, or when somebody hears your child say, hey, I want to be into the tech world, they'll be like, nah, man, go to the NFL, NBA because that's.
Speaker 6: Where they used to see in the millions. Yeah, all the millions in the tech world. The billions in the tech world.
Speaker 4: Right, the billions.
Speaker 9: I mean, but it's it's the same thing. People just they they're trying their best. Like I remember when I told my mom I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Be a DJ.
Speaker 2: She laughed.
Speaker 9: He's like, all right, well, what's your profession. And I'm like this because she didn't understand, you know what I mean. Same thing with my youngest son and I put him in football. He had the cleanest, cleanest uniform on the field. Like she did not want to play. He did not want to play, and I was like, well, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: He said soccer? So I put him right, but he wanted to be in another sport. He just didn't want to play football. I want to play. But he told you that correct. You know what I'm saying. So when they open their mouths, we have to listen absolutely. So eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 9: If you just joining us, were asking how do you handle when people give you advice that necessarily aren't qualified to give you that.
Speaker 4: Advice, Let's discuss this's the breakfast Club. Come on, let's say if you're all talking about it, you know we talking about it. It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 2: To join into the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Morning, everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: If you're just joining us, we're talking about how do are you handled when people give you advice that aren't qualified to give you that advice. This conversation comes from Jess. He's talking about her son Ash and what happened.
Speaker 4: And he don't want to play football anymore. And a couple friends and family members chimed in to say, oh, no, he needs to play a sport. He needs to do something athletic like in order for him to I guess progress forward or whatever. And after my baby sold me like, that's not what he wants to do. You know, that's not what he should have to do. Like he's in and so that's what I'm gonna put him in. All right, Well, we have money on the line. Monee, good morning, good morning. What's your thought?
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all is okay?
Speaker 18: So my thing, hey, my thing is why do we go to therapists and pay them all this money to give us advice on things that they've never experienced, never will experience. But if we have a friend that has common sense and those rights from wrong, what's wrong with taking their advice? Like I've never been married, but I am recently engaged.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Thank you so much.
Speaker 14: You should go check out the video.
Speaker 18: It's missus underscore Cameron Underscore twenty four.
Speaker 14: I had to put that out there.
Speaker 18: Anyways, Like I've never been married, I don't have kids, but I do have a bonus baby. I give my friends advice on things all the time, but that's because I have common sense and what I say makes sense to them and it actually helps them in their life.
Speaker 6: Are you Have you ever been to a therapist?
Speaker 18: No, well, my mom tried to when I was in high school, but she wasn't black and I didn't relate.
Speaker 6: We didn't get along.
Speaker 3: Yeah, therapists aren't giving you advice on your situation that you go in there and talk about. Therapists are talking to you about the behaviors and the patterns, because you know, as human beings, most behaviors and patterns are the same. They're not talking to you about your actual scity. You don't go to your therapist be like, hey, my son wants to get into tech, what should I do? That's not what happens in the therapists on man.
Speaker 4: And then we're not questioning her common sense. Yeah, they have common sense. It's just the fact that you don't know what it's like raising a child and being able to hear that child vocally you know what I'm saying. So that's what that is. We have Shardonaye on the line, Sharonaye, good morning, hay girl.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so I think that their advice is still appreciated. You know, we don't want to be like, oh, I ain't listening to that. You know, I think we should still should be able to appreciate where they're coming from, whether we ask for it or not, you know, because there may be one day that we actually do meet their advice and won't want to just burst them off to be like, you know whatever, I listening to you, and because we at the end of the day, we don't have to listen to what they're saying honestly, you know, we can come around.
Speaker 12: And be like, man, I ain't listening to that. I'm still do what I would need.
Speaker 14: To do what's best for me.
Speaker 9: But you know what, sometimes when people give you advice and they don't have children, especially if it's this case, they don't necessarily have all the facts that understand everything when it comes to raising children or where it comes from, right because they've never done it, so they can only tell you from a different point of view, you know what I mean. That's my whole point because if you don't really understand and really raise these kids and really know their feelings, really know what they're into, it's kind of hard to give advice or something that you don't know one hundred percent about it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, right, don't want to say something, but it's like, well, how would you then counteract that? How would you handle that? Like would you just be like man, like, you know, it's just I wouldn't have to have to figure out how to go about that if somebody's given advice and it's out of their place.
Speaker 4: I just was like, mind your business because you don't have kids.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you said something earlier, jes you said, you know, you said, when you don't have experience raising a child, you can't hear your child. Yeah, and that's the most important thing. When you don't have a child, you know, you think that the child is just supposed to do what you tell them to do.
Speaker 6: You don't realize that this little eleven.
Speaker 3: Year old is an actual person with their own soul and their own thoughts and their own beliefs, and when.
Speaker 6: They're crystal clear about what it is that they want to do, you you.
Speaker 4: You you feed them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, no, I agree, but I also feel like sometimes kids do make mistakes, and they think they know everything, and sometimes they necessarily don't, and sometimes they do need guidance.
Speaker 6: Not in this situation, not not in this situation, not in this situation.
Speaker 9: But at certain times, you know, kids do need advice and they do need guidance because you know, we were all kids. We all thought we knew everything, and sometimes my mom had to Pops had to put us in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Hello. Who's this yo?
Speaker 10: Yo?
Speaker 13: Yoda's Jamar from Garysville, Florida.
Speaker 4: John, Good morning. What's your thoughts, Jamar?
Speaker 13: My thoughts are, if you ain't never been married, don't get married, you ain't never have kids. Don't tell me to kids. I'm a mechanic, right, and I hate when people trying to tell me how to die. I don't all that I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: I'm right right fail you, Jamal. What's the moll of the story, guys?
Speaker 3: I think the moral of this story, I don't even know if it's necessarily about the friend giving advice is just that, Yo, you should listen to your kids. Yeah, you know what I mean, especially when your kids are being crystal clear about what it is they want to do. If anything, I would tell your friend, Man, don't be the person trying to deter my child. Yeah exactly, and my y'all saying this is what they want to do, and it's something super respectable, like being an engineer getting into the tech world. Don't tell him go play sports? Yeah yeah, shut up and stick to sports. Ye can't be no engineer.
Speaker 4: Ashton committed to football for four years because me and Rome wanted them to. Rome wanted to play sports, so he's like, no, my son going. But I'm like Rome, now that he's telling us, you got four other kids, maybe your other two boys are going to be an athlete. Now know what I'm saying. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 9: If Rome was like the best on the team and he didn't want to play, would you still push wrong? Would you still push ash If he was the best on the ash the best on the team, the nicest on the team, all these schools looking at him, but he said, mo, I don't want to play, would you still push Mmm?
Speaker 4: Yeah I would. But if he came to me and told me, yoh no, I wouldn't. I wouldn't I would? I would be upset in my own mind, like like, damn, I know where he can be. I know, you know, but if he told me.
Speaker 3: Y'all know, imagine being the reason your kid don't become a multi billionaire because you're telling your kid not to get into the tech world, not to get into the world of engineers because you want him to go run a goddamn football you get cet and be dribbling on himself by the age of twenty seven.
Speaker 6: Just think about that.
Speaker 4: Think about that, damn. But yeah, that's what. That's what ashe wasn't even good at room, was like you gotta play, I'm like, no, he don't. He's clean because I look at.
Speaker 9: Some of these parents like Michael Jackson, right, and what his father put them through to make them so great.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, yeah, but that was Michael's destiny though, Like you can clearly see, Michael Jackson was born to the entertainer that he was, but Jackson five was born to be the entertainer they were.
Speaker 6: But Mike Jackson was.
Speaker 4: Born it's like, I don't want to do this. And even in interviews he spoke about his I didn't have a childhood, that's why I have never never land.
Speaker 3: But he also loved music. Yeah, you love dancing. Joe Jackson fed his kid's passion. That's clearly what Janet was here to do. That's clearly what Michael was here to do. He's the greatest ever. I'm just saying, when your kid doesn't want to do something and they tell you, hey, I don't want to do this, don't push them to do it because they're not even gonna put their best effort into it.
Speaker 9: If Michael Jackson didn't want to do it, they were gonna make Michael do it regardless.
Speaker 6: It's different family.
Speaker 3: It's different saying I don't feel like doing it today and I don't want to do it the difference.
Speaker 4: Or just cut us some slack dad, something like break the Day.
Speaker 2: They ever got a break.
Speaker 4: The wound? Okay, all right, we got just with the mess coming up. What were talking about Kanye is being discriminated against his black staff at Dawn Duck Aademy. All right, we'll get into that next dope move. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good morning Morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is DJ n V Jesselariy Chalamine the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We need some interns or something. Man, I need somebody to run to the store. Real quick, because nobody here can do it right now. I just did beat Yeah, but I remember the days of having interns an bun at the radio station, especially a morning show that no, we don't have that now. I see personalities like Schooth Angie Martinez, and you got our own intern. It's a damn shame. She got her own intern, not an intern through iHeart her own. Lord have mercy, but don't anyway, sooth everybody who came to the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 6: This weekend in Atlanta. We had a ball.
Speaker 3: The Black Effect Podcast Festival is literally like the Black Podcast family reunion. Everybody who's in the business of podcasting, all the creators that like to create podcast We all just congregat in Atlanta, which will definitely be an annual thing. You know, we had our second one this year. Last year was great. This year was fantastic. So we'll be back in Atlanta, same time next year.
Speaker 4: Next year.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 9: Now, when we come back, of course, we have a jest with the mess so she'll be giving you all your celebrity news. And I just want to tell people just just be very careful out there. The flu is catching people off God, and this uh rendition of the flu is pretty bad. Yesterday my my daughter was really sick. I had to take her to the emergency room. But she had the flu. They gave her fluids and everything. She's doing way better now. But it's it's bad out there.
Speaker 3: So and just allergies polland like a lot of people was coughing in Atlanta and everybody jumping get scared like it's like, oh, it's polland the pollen is out of the pollen season. All right, Well when we come back, of course, we got just Magic City. Y'all owe me some wings too, man slouthor Magic City. Okay, we ordered three orders the wings that we never got. Just want to throw that out there. Had a great time this weekn in Magic City, Sluthor, Lilive, Magic City and mister Magic everybody there.
Speaker 4: But you can't get your wings. They gave you a sweatshirt.
Speaker 6: Though got a lot of sweats I got a sweatshirt and win it right now.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yes, it's the Breakfast clo Come morning morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is the dj en V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club. Good morning. Let's get to Jess with the message news is real, whether it's her lines just Robbin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do don't stand up.
Speaker 6: World Why Jess Worldwise.
Speaker 4: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 16: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that.
Speaker 4: Nobody could get you to see this time to set it off. So Kanye is being sued for allegedly degrading his black staff. So Benjamin Deshaun Provo, who worked as a security guard at down the Academy, is accusing Kanye, like I said, of degrading black employees and firing him for refusing to cut his locks off. Benjamin said that Kanye frequently screamed at and berated black employees, while in contrast, he never so much as raised his tone of voice toward the white staff. The sue claims that he offered that he suffered emotional distress as a result of Yea's actions. Benjamin also claims white staff members were paid five dollars more per hour than black employees. He was also alleged It was also alleged that ye banned books about black history at Donda Academy, including books about icons like Malcolm X and mont Luther King Jr. And he is currently seeking damages for alleged discrimination, hostyle work, environment retaliation, labor co violations, and other claims.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not surpriseding Kanye don't like y'all negroes. Okay, there's nobody who seeks white validation more than Kanye. Kanye was, that's not surprising.
Speaker 4: Not five dollars more? Yeh got it? Okay, all right, so moving on, we'll see what happens for that. Yo, he'd be having so much to say, but he bangles say numb, but this not a thing. Did y'all see his whole justin Leboy interval?
Speaker 6: I didn't see the four Why would I ever do something like that?
Speaker 4: So you didn't buy even a past socks to see the full interview?
Speaker 6: No would want Why would I want to do?
Speaker 4: I'm just asking you.
Speaker 6: I don't know exactly.
Speaker 4: How usually one of us three watched something I'm not paying.
Speaker 3: I'm not paying to watch justin Le Boy? Give Kanye what's the lap dance for? However, many albums don't know.
Speaker 2: Jesus from the clips. I saw.
Speaker 3: That's all I saw, justin giving Kanye a little lap dance without witness, Yo.
Speaker 4: Doja doesn't doja Cad doesn't want kids at her show, so she sent out a bunch of sweets telling people not to bring kids to her show. Her sweet said, rapping about eating wiener and ping on his V cut, leave your mistake at home. She's calling the kids mistakes show. I don't know what the f you think this is, but I don't do music for kids. I don't make music for children, So leave your kids at home and method and yeah makes sense. It is point she's got wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know the content of my music. I know the content of my music. It clearly got a parental advisory sticker on it for a reason. So why would you bring your kids?
Speaker 4: Stop bringing? And which goes back to our topic. She don't have kids, so she's like, yo, look, I don't you know. They was getting mad at her for like calling kids mistakes. Listen, she don't have kids. She's just saying, basically like, don't bring them to my show. Yeah, even though she do got she don't make music for kids. But all her music is not wrangchy like that. She has like a wide spread of music, you know, like pop between pop and rap.
Speaker 3: So yeah, can you even put last what your kids consume nowadays.
Speaker 4: Nope, so it is what it is. Fans speculate after no one attends Quavo show. Oh my god, so I saw this online. Quavo recently did a show in Bridgeport, Connecticut. I'm expected to be there very soon, y'all. At what is it? What is the manager? Scholamine? I will be in Bridgebae, Connecticut where Scratch Factory. No, you're right, all right, yeah this is yeah, but Quavo he did a show there. In the video shows.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: The video of the show started to circulate because the venue was empty. A handful of fans showed up for the performance. Social media users are speculating that Chris Brown has something to do with the small turnout. The theory is that Chris Brown bought majority of the tickets for the show so that it could seem like Quavo doesn't have any supporters, which we know are lies, like he has. He has a fan base, He has supporters.
Speaker 3: Done that lie went all the way around the world four times, and now there's people waking up this morning going wherever they going, talking about Hey man, you see Chris Brown bought all quavos. Nobody was at Quavo show. And that it's not even true. That is petty, it's not even true.
Speaker 4: But it's not true.
Speaker 3: It's not true in any way, shape or form. That's whatever reason. The Internet just created this lie. I mean, just pulled a lie out there, ass and everybody ran with it. I like that petty stuff.
Speaker 18: I like that.
Speaker 4: That's petty. Petty, and Chris Barron proper will up be like, hold up, you know, I ain't do this now, but he probably laughing at I don't care listen. But either way, Quavo still kept good energy and he put on a great show for fans that were in the building and in other Quavo news. TMZ called out with Carucci over the weekend and asked her her thoughts on the beef with Chris and Quabo.
Speaker 1: Playbo Chris Brown their music. Now they're feuding about you. You've clearly moved on with your life. Why do you feel like knowing that you're being dragged into a musical feud between these two?
Speaker 18: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't feel it is what it is.
Speaker 4: I'm living my life, taking time for myself, and that's all that matters.
Speaker 3: What he else is going on.
Speaker 4: I ain't got nothing. Have you heard the music yet I've heard you heard it? What do you think? I just don't want any part. And I totally agree with her. This man was following her from baggage claim all the way to the car. Yeah, literally, and she's by herself and she that's she was so cute and so professional about it, so nice. I'm telling you, I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I can't if at some point, if you a Papa Rochet, you gotta have a you gotta have some dignity within yourself.
Speaker 6: Just walk off, like why am I botching me?
Speaker 4: The whole interview was like what Like he was walking with her for like like five minutes and get paid for that.
Speaker 9: And especially in La, they wait at baggage claim and they wait for you to walk and they know you have to walk from the flight to your baggage clean so they'll stay there the whole time.
Speaker 4: And she asked him, like, where did you come from? He's like, yeah, I just bang out here. Yeah they do, like what Lord and checking the world mm m. But anyway, that's just with us, all right, second hour, Thank you Jess Charlamagne, were giving that donkey two man four after the hour.
Speaker 3: We need Sondra Dorley, the district attorney and Upstate New York to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 9: We'd like to have a word with her, all right, we'll get to that next and then comedian Flame Monroe will be joining us.
Speaker 4: And don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. This is a miracle, there is no question.
Speaker 5: And there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man. Now the new developments in the deadly spotshooting rampage.
Speaker 6: Then it was a really bad day for him, and this is what you did.
Speaker 4: And so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: White supremacist violence is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 2: But I'm also very proud that my wife the practice club bitching collich Nning. Please tell me why was I your donkey of the day.
Speaker 3: Well, donkey today for Monday, April twenty ninth, goes to a prosecutor named Sandra Doyleysandra is a district attorney in Upstate New York who refused to stop for cops when she was called speeding. She didn't just refuse to stop for the police.
Speaker 4: Nah na na.
Speaker 3: She drove back to her house and called the police chief to complain about the ass dig a hole officer who pursued her home. Okay, the reason I put Digga in the middle is you can't say ass and hold together on the radio.
Speaker 6: They must be separated. But Sandra was doing fifty.
Speaker 3: Five and a thirty five when the cops got behind her. But she was less than a half a mile from her neighborhood, so.
Speaker 4: She figured, hey, Tom the DA why stop?
Speaker 3: So she didn't And this is how things unfolded. Let's go to Wham ABC thirteen for the report.
Speaker 6: Police, you know what I've been.
Speaker 4: Dealing with all day, Three murders in the city.
Speaker 1: And do you think I really care if I was going twenty miles over the speed limit?
Speaker 20: Just before five forty five pm on a police officer tries to pull over a black SUV for speeding on Phillips Road in Webster. The driver, Monroe County District Attorney Sandra Doorley, confronts the officer, day.
Speaker 4: I was going fifty five coming home from fifty five.
Speaker 20: The district attorney proceeds to call the Webster Chief of Police and then hands the phone to the officer.
Speaker 8: Hello, sir, good, ma'am.
Speaker 4: Can you please stay at the beck.
Speaker 2: This is ma'am, this is legal traffic stop.
Speaker 4: Can you please stay over here?
Speaker 13: Sir?
Speaker 8: I stopped her for going fifty five and thirty five on Phillips Roads.
Speaker 2: Man, do not go inside.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, man, come outside.
Speaker 2: You can't just go inside.
Speaker 6: This is a traffic stop.
Speaker 2: Here's your phone back.
Speaker 4: I understand the law better than you.
Speaker 20: Minutes later, the original officer can be seen printing the tickets.
Speaker 8: All right, ma'am, So I'm issuing you speed in the zone.
Speaker 4: I'll take care of this is I'll be prosecuting myself.
Speaker 6: Okay, pull over to flat listen.
Speaker 3: Privilege power, okay, not just white privilege, not just white power, the privilege of positions. Sandra believed, since she was DA and that she knew the police chief, that she had more power than the actual officers attempting to arrest her.
Speaker 6: And you know, I can't say that she's wrong. Okay.
Speaker 3: When you have the combination of white privilege and the position of power as a DA, all right, you quickly realize that all.
Speaker 6: Systems are not created and equal.
Speaker 3: Okay, there is law in order for us regular deglar folks, and then there's law and order for people like Sondra Doorley.
Speaker 6: And Sondra knows that.
Speaker 3: Sondra said, and I quote, I believe in accepting responsibility for my actions and had no intention of using my position to receive a benefit.
Speaker 6: So why the hell you called a police chief?
Speaker 3: Soandra, okay, why did you call a police chief and tell the police chief, the tout officers to leave you alone, the tough officers to staying down.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: See, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: These laws in America, these systems are not designed to prosecute folks like Soandra Doorley.
Speaker 4: And she knows that. Okay.
Speaker 3: In fact, police officers don't even react to folks like Sandra Dorley the same number one, she's a white woman. The restraint shown for Sandra Dorley to grace given to Sondra Doorleys because she has the complexion for the protection. I truly believe that when it's a white woman, white police officers see their mothers and their sisters, their aunts, that significant others, so they are very lenient. And then when you find out this white woman is the district attorney who can get your boss on the phone, the chief of police. Forget about it. They don't even know how to hold this woman accountable. When you watch the whole raw video, one of the officers tells the other officers, well, I can't tell you what to.
Speaker 6: Do on your traffic stop. This is your traffic stock, all right.
Speaker 3: These systems they created are to keep us in line, not them now, Sandra said in a statement after the footage was released. Of course, after the footage was released, she says, nobody, including your da is above the rule of law, even traffic laws. But time and time again we realize in this country that that's simply not true. Depending on who you are, depending on who you know, depending on who knows you, then you are absolutely above the law in some way, shape or form. Because everything about this scenario with Sondra Dawley would have been handled differently if she wasn't who she was. Okay, even if she was who she was as a district attorney, I think that they would have been handled different if it was a black a brown person. Okay, a black a brown person who don't stop for police who pulls up to their house wouldn't even have been allowed to get out their car without at least.
Speaker 6: Having guns drawn on them.
Speaker 3: But when you get out your car and don't even listen to their commands and still go on your house. Oh my god, let me hear how it would have sounded if this was a black person.
Speaker 4: Let me hear.
Speaker 3: Oh and by the way, the audio you're about to hear is triggering, but we need to be triggered.
Speaker 6: Let's hear it.
Speaker 4: All units, all units, be aware of the high speed chase.
Speaker 2: We have a black woman.
Speaker 3: She's five five, brown eyes, depicted, nappy hair, goes by Lawanda Allen j Washington.
Speaker 4: It looks like she's stopping on MLK Boulevard. Get out of the car. Get out of the car.
Speaker 21: Hey, listen, if you mad, don't leave me though, Please.
Speaker 3: Give Sondra Dawley the biggest he huh. And y'all know that's how would how it would have win if she was black and bro not even closer.
Speaker 10: You know that.
Speaker 4: I said that I missed the good old days.
Speaker 6: It was a good old day.
Speaker 4: We would have a petty party on her Instagram.
Speaker 6: Oh, they've been doing that.
Speaker 3: She deleted all our social mediaha, they did that already.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, deleted all her social media. Oh yeah, yeah, that came out this morning.
Speaker 3: Above the lords ain't above the Internet, but the court of public opinion on the Internet is gonna get in your ass, right or wrong.
Speaker 6: And they don't even need the facts.
Speaker 4: Okay, all she deleted the social media.
Speaker 6: Who deleted all our social media?
Speaker 3: No pet party, that's the that's the actually the headline this morning Upstate New York, DA delete social media after criticism for cursing out Copple with speeding ticket.
Speaker 4: That's right. And the next they're gonna be in the chief of police comments, right, and they know who she was going to fund with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know what he said. I don't know how you handled it.
Speaker 4: He going to prime till they find out.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Because they said that her comments have got flooded with people from all over the world calling for her to resign.
Speaker 6: Mm hm, yes, so she deleted her her Facebook page.
Speaker 4: Okay, jesus, all right, well, thank you for that. Donk of the day.
Speaker 9: Now, when we come back, comedian Flame Monroe will be joining us. We're gonna kick it with a flame when we come back. It's the Breakfast Logan Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is DJ en Vy, Jesse, Larry Scharlamane the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guests in the building.
Speaker 4: Fliggy Flame Flame Monroe Breakfast Club. Hello Solo.
Speaker 2: Hilarious.
Speaker 4: That's the first time you're met Flame.
Speaker 6: Never met in person.
Speaker 4: For years and have not have never matried. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I was going to show up at a house in Baltimore.
Speaker 4: So how's everything been going for?
Speaker 10: It is what?
Speaker 2: You know what every I can't complain.
Speaker 4: They showing me so much love and I love it.
Speaker 2: Just a larics.
Speaker 15: I had to bring you a he she we fan because you don't have one of those, I know. And I had to bring Charllemagne an Envy my new fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got one for you. That's gonna be even better.
Speaker 15: When you want your wife to get down with you, tell her to do that kiss my face. That's what every time a bitch get on my nerves, That's exactly what I tell her. Kiss my Jesus Christ, here you go en be on.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 15: Why do you make these fans to say kiss my in the face, Because I'm telling you, I get so much back last year.
Speaker 2: I just had to remainder you. I don't need to hear that kiss my face.
Speaker 6: People love you.
Speaker 4: They need you.
Speaker 2: Myself, I don't give a dam we don't love me.
Speaker 4: They need you.
Speaker 3: They need something to be upset about. They don't have a life if they don't have something to be upset.
Speaker 2: That is very true, Charlemagne. But I tell you what. Let me tell you what. I'm excited about that.
Speaker 15: I just got my fourth seat podcast season with iHeart under the Black Effect. Learn from my beautiful co hosts in the back Bobby Clifford. I also just won an award from go On Girl Book Club in Charleston, South Carolina for audible book that I did for James Hanahan called didn't Nobody Give It? What happened to Corlauda and he just signed the movie rights. Now I can't play the in the movie because I'm a little too old, but I'd be in prison. That was her free It ain't like I ain't been in prison before and just thinks of moving the comedy career. My one hour special. Me and Netflix real close to sating this deal, okay, And if I can get Joe Coy to EP it, that would be perfect, because that's why I want to ep Man, Why Joe Koy? Because Joe Koy is Netflix's golden boy, and I want to be put in a space to what I can be seen to get nominated and win not only an Emmy, but a Grill Award, because the real award would mean more to me than an Emmy would.
Speaker 9: I've seen people starting to show you a lot more love. At one time it was very difficult for you. I believe Charlamagne did it. It's his fault because he said I was problematic, and they took that word and ran with it. They did it was his fault.
Speaker 2: Why would it?
Speaker 3: How would my problematic gas cause somebody problematic?
Speaker 2: Charlemagne?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 15: And that was the first time I came on to the Breakfast Club that one point six million views and they just went crazy.
Speaker 2: And you know what envy.
Speaker 15: What it is is I and meeting a lot more women in Hollywood, and they'll all come to me and say, I love your stance and how you feel, thank you for defending us. But publicly they can't say it because of the cancer culture and the fallback and the cancer culture is real.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 15: From November twenty two to August of twenty three, I lost every book and I had WOW because of LGBT if.
Speaker 2: They weren't all LGBT.
Speaker 15: But if it's one gay person on the board, oh she's transferred because she's she's not for the movement.
Speaker 4: So how do they can't like, how do they cancel you if you're part of that?
Speaker 15: Because I'm not saying what they want me to say. I'm grown and I am it's not my truth. It's the truth. See a lot of people coming. I'm just living my truth. Your truth is some pictation. Your truth ain't the truth. I tell the truth.
Speaker 2: So they was angry, especially with this sports and the sports and the trans and sports. That's bunkers right now.
Speaker 15: It's talk to me, same same stance I had when I came here in twenty nineteen. It's the same stance I have now create a lane for trans athletes. Because here's let me. Let me give you the breakdown of this. You can never be the best male athlete because you has proven You've already proven that you weren't the best male.
Speaker 4: We see that a swimming and a swimming right or whatever.
Speaker 2: Sports you in.
Speaker 15: So you feel like I want to be a trans woman a gay and you identify as a trans woman not gau So you go to the female's division. You can't be the best female simply because you are not a female. So create a lane for trans athletes where you can be the best. I think it does a great disservice to the good trans athletes that we have because you don't have an arena to say that you are the best.
Speaker 2: They want it to happen overnight, but units.
Speaker 15: Shriver created the special Needs the Olympics at nineteen sixty eight in her backyard with six special needs kids. Now it's worldwide. What we want is the microwave. We want it to happen overnight. It's not going to happen overnight.
Speaker 9: What do you say to people that say that trans athletes take these pills that suppress their hormones, so it makes them the same as women when they run, so they don't have the same strength, they don't have the same thing, and it suppresses a lot of their muscle ability.
Speaker 4: What do you say to those people?
Speaker 2: Did my face?
Speaker 15: My face ain't saying yeah you got and I take I've taken home almost for years. I'm still physically stronger than a woman, and biologically I am still male.
Speaker 2: It is not even saying that.
Speaker 15: I'm not looking for my girls and my guy, my trans people to compete, do it, but create a lane so it'll be fair, it'll be safe, it'll be welcoming, because you don't want to be a place that you don't want to feel welcome. We all have children here, we all have So if my daughter was a swimmer or a runner and a train we paid money to do this, and woo wa woo, and she became the best number one. And then little John who decided to become a trans girl the next day and said it was just ice skating, and he came and he just dominated everything. My daughter feels defeated because this guy, who was an inadequate boy athlete decided to come and be with my girl. And if y'all get mad about my words, and I say what I said, he wasn't inadequate goddamn male athlete, just like that's when he was five hundred for the boys. But then it became number two one. Yeah, I'll knock it out and they have this leave me alone?
Speaker 2: So problematic? Is that problematic? Because he had a penis? That's problematic.
Speaker 15: I got problematic. It's called impressive. You was with Rwanda watch last night, right, I was with ROLANDA Watson comedy in Harllow.
Speaker 6: What was it like Rolando. She don't get no credit like she should. I don't be thinking.
Speaker 15: I think a lot of us dinosaurs are discarded because I think this young generation is.
Speaker 2: Because they have no their whole life, that they're so indecisive.
Speaker 15: You especially have a huge platform, shall make you envy n just now to change their minds because to me, especially with this as being an election year.
Speaker 2: They don't know what to do with the Internet tells them what to do. And this is a year that is so crucial to voting.
Speaker 15: And I challenge all women that's with unsists or without, because women can save this election.
Speaker 2: Women can win this selection for us.
Speaker 15: When I say, when it's the election for us, I'm riding with Baden, but he ain't driving in the backseat that I drive a car because I still want him.
Speaker 2: Biden is a human. The other one is Ai.
Speaker 4: You don't want Biden.
Speaker 6: You just don't want Trump.
Speaker 2: I don't want either one of them. If you want to, I have an option, and my option is Biden.
Speaker 15: Trump has already said that he can grab women by the wuha and own it, but now he wants to take the power away from a woman to where she can have.
Speaker 2: An abortion if she wants someone.
Speaker 15: And I don't want that because if he does that to biological women, imagine what he's going to do to transit like myself. No, we have to stand together and band together until my trans sisters out there, y'all be in my inbox. All this hating, all this boosh, you better understand that the only allies that the LGBT community has ever had or biological women, biological women have always stood by us, whether we were their brothers, sons, uncles, fathers, whatever.
Speaker 2: Men will lay down with us, women will stand up for us. I'm standing with the women, all right.
Speaker 4: We got more with Fla and Moroon and we come back. Don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. Everybody is d j n V.
Speaker 9: Just Larry Charlamine to God, we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking to a comedian Flame Monroe.
Speaker 4: Yes, Netflix is a joke. May tempt like how you.
Speaker 15: Feel about Oh, let me tell you something before I before I stop my check. Let me let me figure out right it was. It felt special, But it's so many people now that you know. Sometimes it's oversaturated. And everybody is jumping into the comedy arena. All you unfel artists in your arena. They go back and work on your craft, because stand up ain't for the week. You think getting on the microphone inventing and telling what you're going through that does not stand up. You have to engage in audience for an hour. Yeah, my audience won't even go pee. Maybe it's because of what I got to say. All the way I look, I thought, it's not a bathroom for them to do what you're saying.
Speaker 2: It might be.
Speaker 4: The one time fall in love with you. I get that kind of Maine.
Speaker 2: You know, I play LGBT on your but I don't make light of that.
Speaker 15: I love my community, but my community really be mind boggling sometimes. I just and I want to clear this up now because me and just talked about this in boxing wool, because I still was just when the whole situation with them, when that ridiculous said that periods belonged to.
Speaker 2: Don't belong to only two women.
Speaker 15: I thought that it was ridiculous that the queen said that, and I thought the responsibility of us as trans women should have went after her.
Speaker 2: I said, not at all. You know that.
Speaker 15: And so when Jess responded, just was not talking to me, she was talking to them that put it out there. That's it everybody else that jumped on the bandwagon. It took I knew you weren't talking to me because I am grown again. I'm not a kid. I don't need no attention. I get attention when y'all bay tickets to come see me on the road.
Speaker 4: But I thought that was before.
Speaker 15: And I'm telling you as a trans woman who is very proud of who I am and what I am. I stand with biological women because I learned, like again, like I said on here before, I learned how to be a woman watching a woman, I learned how to be watching this ballad.
Speaker 2: Now things some my boy, y'all. I was company and hollow last night and.
Speaker 15: A girl, you do I do this thing called if you ain't scared to ask, and I am scared to answer at the end of my set, and so this girl asked me a question about you, and it was very it was it was very personal.
Speaker 2: I was like, girl, first she caught me out God, I was like, oh, absolutely not. That is not who he is at all.
Speaker 4: Gay.
Speaker 2: No, she'd asked where you get. She asked, was you a little big gay? First of all, you know, he is asking, do you want to know my answer?
Speaker 6: What's the answer?
Speaker 15: I told him absolutely not. I said, that's just he's very comfortable in the man that he is. That does not mean so many men are not comfortable with who they are. So when another person sees that on the outside looking in, and you're like, oh, this this is because what your perception of a man is, that's your perception.
Speaker 2: Of a man. I'm a man, I'm a trans woman.
Speaker 15: But to my children, I'm a man because I'm daddy and I take care of They asked, I don't need to be famous because I made you look infamous. I don't want to be famous for that. I want to be famous off of my talent, and my talent speaks to me. But when they stop me, me and what they do not know, And I'm gonna say this publicly. From August, from November of twenty twenty two to August twenty three, by July, we were tight in our belts.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, And I told I never told you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you said no, I never told because that's not who I am. I'm a proud person, So I hustled. You can't care of my because I take care. I'm a dad, I take care of my kids, and y'all mat because I had a difference of opinion. That's what made me stand up for jest and stand up a day. They have a difference of opinion. My community are the most opinionated people in the goddamn world. But if you say anything that they don't like, they're ready to have a mail down. So when Netflix stood up with Dave against that machine, I thought that was fantastic.
Speaker 2: And you can see what.
Speaker 15: Had that turned out the same big queen who was doing all that protests in Holland turned out to be the biggest homophobe ever and they shut it down.
Speaker 2: Now you don't even hear from her.
Speaker 3: To me, wonder who's really the bigger than the situation, who's the really the person hating in that situation?
Speaker 2: And I'm trying to spread love.
Speaker 4: David bring good good, you know, and I got the good good.
Speaker 2: I passed it out. Since I've been in New York. What happened?
Speaker 4: What we appreciate you for stopping to all the time.
Speaker 6: Make sure you listen to the Laugh and Learn podcast.
Speaker 2: Make sure you listen this on fifty let me go. You should have had me on here. I would have put answer in the box. You got time for that. Now you you two adult for that. You you don't do that.
Speaker 18: No, you know what.
Speaker 6: I don't even to talk about it.
Speaker 2: No, I want you to talk about it. That's right, Come on.
Speaker 3: With Because I felt like if you already know a person's stance on something, especially in regards the sensitive situations like George Floyd, it's like, why I'm sit here and arguing with her. The police is in jail. We know George Floyd died because he got choked out by Derek Sharvin.
Speaker 4: What am I arguing her for? That's performing?
Speaker 15: That was just one because when you had Nikki Hanley on here, because the more she talked, the further away from the White House she gat and.
Speaker 3: Not compared Nicki Helly was the person running for Nikki.
Speaker 15: Said that racism sided under Obama's watch. Instantly, I would have put that in the box and shut her down.
Speaker 6: Well, we know that wasn't true.
Speaker 3: We talked about that, We talked about that racism didn't starting to Obama's watch.
Speaker 2: Girl, just cut up borrow your pregnancy for.
Speaker 6: Obama's watch.
Speaker 15: You know, let me tell you something. I just want your women to know that the power right now belongs to women. And for all you all who's saying that you save money and this and that, you have to remember that it takes two consecutive turns for any president to make real change in this country.
Speaker 7: I e.
Speaker 15: Clinton, Bush, Obama. This one ain't gonna do it. And y'all keep talking something Joe don't know who he is. Joe's incoherent. Let me tell you something. Joe is pretty savvy with what he does, and he's doing this thing. And when y'all want to keep pushing that narrative, Ronald Reagan the last three years of his presidency had no idea who the hell he was. And you know Nancy was to run the country. She only knew three words, just say no. It was a strong cabinet. So make sure that Biden has a strong cabinet. Because the fear is not that Biden is too old. The fear is that Kamala is too close.
Speaker 3: I think it's a combination of both. He ain't too old and this combination of the boy he too old because he's the oldest living president of.
Speaker 2: In history and the one that's three years younger than him, got ninety one in diapments. And people said, but what I do agree with I do agree with you.
Speaker 3: If he had if he had a if he had a younger vice president, a white male, younger vice president, I don't think nobody would. But I don't think we should be in here talk about individuals.
Speaker 6: Should talking about the ideas.
Speaker 4: We should talking.
Speaker 2: About the thread of democracy.
Speaker 15: You have to because the reason Trump is so strong in it because he pushes his conviction.
Speaker 2: He believes, he's saying that.
Speaker 3: He makes y'all believe, and people buy into his ideas. We don't like Trump all Biden. We don't want either one of them.
Speaker 4: People like, we have no other choice.
Speaker 15: And this third party, y'all, y'all messing up. This Kennedy, y'all, if we wanted a third part I would love to have a third party in this country. But we should have did that the day in that Biden took office. It's we at the eleventh houre. Now we have to finish line. It is not it's either the old man or the orange old man. There are no aboptions. But y'all doing this third party, you're taking boats away from this and women. I'm challenging all women within the sound of my voice, y'all got the power. We have the power that's with the units.
Speaker 3: Or without because of the rights that have been rolled back, in particular Roe v w Yes, and you have to.
Speaker 2: Look at what he did a year ago. He was the trans woman king that I turned back rov Wade and woo woo woo.
Speaker 15: But when he saw that he was losing the female vote, then he started backtracking and swinging his legs on the fence. You don't get to have it both ways women. This is up to y'all, and this is up to us. You think I should run for the president, No, I could be.
Speaker 2: The president the first lady. Oh my god, Oh my god. You ain't no fun.
Speaker 18: You know what.
Speaker 3: You laugh and learn podcast on the Black Effect. iHeart radio podcast network, follow Flame and everything that flames.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, listen to me on coffee tap every morning. Politics and is going on. And I just want to have one more thing before I leave. I can just say this, honestly about the whole P Diddy situation.
Speaker 6: Loved nobody.
Speaker 15: I can guarantee you everyone about the whole P Diddy situation that flaming row is not on any of the take.
Speaker 4: But club, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Brought everybody's d J n V. Jess, Hilaria Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 2: You use a real weapons, just a robber Moore.
Speaker 4: Just don't do no lines, don't do nobody world why Jess worldwise on the Breakfast Clubs the coaching ship.
Speaker 16: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 4: Could you see.
Speaker 2: It's time to set it off.
Speaker 4: Okay, story story stories, So Tiffany had it, says Common is the only celebrity that she's been entangled with. She claims that he chased her for two years. That your home boys, Yeah not like not like Tiffany to Homieough, Yeah, I was gonna say he chased her for two years. All right, you're right right, all right. Joe m bid Revell's Bell's palsy diagnosis. That was a big story over the weekends.
Speaker 3: They're still gonna get swept. The definitely ain't got no mercy. Oh this Tuesday half of that man face. That's true and I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: That's gonna get swept. You think of course.
Speaker 6: They're gonna win the series.
Speaker 4: They're gonna win this weekend. This too much. That was gonna make them stronger. Yo, eat the words watch they might they might get another game.
Speaker 6: I can see them getting another game out the series. Serious, all right?
Speaker 4: Nlie Chopper thinks Beyonce for the inspiration to take out the box. Simone will body out. I mean, I call this man, Simone I'm talking about Yeah, that's what you do.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He just thanks her for thinking outside the box. I guess maybe her doing the country album she thought out.
Speaker 11: Baby.
Speaker 4: He said, look, please wait, he's Boots Bine for Blue. All right, Simon will body our office one hundred thousand dollars reward to anybody with solid proof of him cheating another scam. It's so funny. D d G says baby with Halley wasn't playing, but a marriage is. They said, the pregnancy wasn't played. But the goal is to be married. But he wants to do it at his own pace and focus on the marriage, not the wedding. Absolutely yes, and Laurel Charlemagne cousins. So you better better listen, all right, Kiki Palmer and says a to lead Easter Ray produced buddy comedy flick Nice.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: What's it about? We don't know?
Speaker 4: No, that's I mean, that's young girl. You gotta asks her.
Speaker 6: Think I know all of these people.
Speaker 4: You know, all these people, high mighty black people yesterday. Yes, I know that's nice. Violence erupts. I hate what yo? The so dramatic violence erupts during Stunner Girl performance after fans slaps her ass. Yeah, they should have whooped his ass. Stunner Girl, that's the girl. Yeah now, but her security whooped the dudes ass to slap her ass because she.
Speaker 9: Was on stage performing and the dude slapped her ass, and then her security jumped down and they beat dude.
Speaker 4: You know what I thought, because you know me, I'm bottom, I said at the fans slapped her ass, I thought like she got slapped in the face. She was on stage and oh, the security jumped down and they whooped his ass out. I'm old.
Speaker 6: I was born in ninete hundred and seventy eight. Who is Stunner Girl?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 2: So how is she do zero?
Speaker 4: She was these network, She's not on no more. She don't want to fell out with what is his name? That gotta look just like Diddy, Lamel.
Speaker 6: I can't believe you in here. I can like you don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: I swear while she got she been performing sometimes, but only see when he go through the beef. And I only watch just on Nandez show. I don't watch it. I don't watch nothing else. On the end, that's Naia. Yeah, but she was on the stage, she was performing.
Speaker 9: A dude slapped her and ass but she was walking by and then security beat him up as they should.
Speaker 4: Well, good, okay. Harvey Weinstein hospitalized after New York City returned his health as a train wreck. They say, all right, now, listen, this is the real story. New York City fails. I mean no, I'm sorry. What well, that's not entirely off. But pregnancy, yeah, pregnancy brain. New York couple fails an attempt to hire a hit man. Now, this story is is crazy. A'll look A twenty one year old man named Alexander K from upstate New York. Upstate New York is going crazy all right the way. He's waiting to be sentenced after being found guilty of raping a high school senior and holding her hostage for two days, he decided to come up with a plan to take out the people who put him in jail. Law Biden citizen. You can tell he'd been watching that for a long time. So he convinced his twenty two year old girlfriend to hire a hit man to kill the AD eight on the case. The payment for the murder was set to be made in Xanax bills instead of money, approximately coming to a total of one thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars worth of xanax.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, he had to know he was going to jail absolutely.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately for them, the hit man was really an undercovered New York State Police investigator. Of course, Johnny Alexander was also still in jail while he planned everything Gerard Butler. But only thing is Gerard Butler. That character was smart. He was dumb, all right. The girlfriend. He planned everything with his girlfriend and somebody else that he had on the outside as well. So investigators have multiple recording conversations between alex and his girlfriend. That's why they always say this call is recorded for quality training purposes. There was also reportedly a miner. That's why I don't care. That's what I think they said. The point is that it's recorded. There was also reportedly a miner who was a part of the plan who he ordered to kill the judge in the case. He wanted a minor to kill a judge.
Speaker 6: He wanted the hit man was gonna do all of that for sevente He must have been on the hell is around with you. You had to know that deal was too good to be true.
Speaker 4: Now he is in jail for his sentence and for the rape conviction. His new charges are, however, attempted murder, conspiracy, and criminal self control substances, and his girlfriend faces the same charges. New York is crazy. New York is crazy, though that person right there is crazy, I know, but this is in upstate New York. Like that lady that you gave the dayah Da, it's crazy, y'all.
Speaker 18: Damn it.
Speaker 4: The had tip but this is funny, but I'm at to do it tom Alright, Well that is just the mess. Now when we come back, we got the People's Choice mix. It don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. More thing.
Speaker 9: Everybody is j n v ess hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club again. Salute to Flame and Row for joining us today.
Speaker 6: Salute to Fliggy Flame Man. Make sure you listen to Fliggy Flame, Flame and.
Speaker 3: Row on the Laugh and Learn podcast on the Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast Network. And thank you to everybody who came to the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival this weekend in Atlanta. This thank you to Atlanta period. We had a great time in Atlanta this weekend. Man from Clark Atlanta University on Friday, and we absolutely got to hit more HBCUs like I would love to do that more before the.
Speaker 6: Years over here?
Speaker 4: Yes, did you tell them it was my idea? I mean, it's tell him that it's my idea just I.
Speaker 6: You want to go to.
Speaker 2: M Joyner was doing it before all of them. I mean, I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Tom Joyan was broadcasting from college this way before any of us. So yes, if you want to carry on black radio traditions what I'm doing.
Speaker 9: Yes, I didn't do it at North Carolina and Hampton Howard fam you broadcastle.
Speaker 4: From wanting to them.
Speaker 3: It ain't the same with just you though, But y'all didn't want to go with Nobody ever asked us.
Speaker 6: Damn as No, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: I want to go to South Carolina State University for their homecoming in October.
Speaker 6: I definitely want to.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'll be by then, Yes, And I want to do Hampton and Hall for their homecoming too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But somebody coming at the HBCUs. They be having a problem with.
Speaker 4: The HBCUs, like just the HBCUs.
Speaker 6: Like getting things like that done. So they was like, you know, the schools have to really want to do it.
Speaker 9: No, not really a homecoming season. They'll definitely do it. They like they've been asking every time I go out and do it. They want to do it because they feel like a lot of time students don't get that opportunity to see people doing what they want to do, whether it's mass community, mass communications major, or business major.
Speaker 4: They want to see people do it to see what it is that they like and they enjoy. So they would love to do it.
Speaker 6: So let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just shout out to everybody in Atlanta, man, every place. We went from Magic City to you know the restaurants we pulled up in. But the second Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, which is a Black podcast family reunion. It is a place for people to come and you know network and talk about the business of podcasting and just you know build.
Speaker 6: It's a real community, man.
Speaker 3: So thank you to everybody who came out this past Saturday at Pullman Yards in Atlanta. We'll see you next year, same time, same place, and thank you everybody that hit the stage. Man from Wallow and Gilly to Jess Hilarious to Mandy and Weezy, Horrible Decisions, Drea and Lex Paul Minds Ball Alert show.
Speaker 6: They brought out tis a special.
Speaker 3: Guest, Debbie Brown with the Deeply Well podcast, Will Lucas with Black Tech, Green Money, all the panelists like a Shawna Airs and you know, Damon John, just everybody who participated, Tamika, Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: All right, shout to Tamika when we come back. Positive notice the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Good morning, warn everybody, it's DJ n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamaine the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club. You got a positive note?
Speaker 10: Yes I do.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: This positive note comes from the Great Maya Angelou. Please remember that no matter what happens or how bad it may seem today, life does go on and it will be better tomorrow.
Speaker 6: You can attribute that to Miya Angelo Augurilla but it will be a better tomorrow. Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 4: Breakfast, club pitch.
Speaker 2: Is y'all finish or y'all done