Speaker 1: All right, ladies and gentlemen, like I want to know to know Doe who you love him? Probably not like me.
Speaker 2: No good mornings in the walk, Lord move me. You can love him, but moding me.
Speaker 1: I ain't thinking yet to thinking we're going on today?
Speaker 3: Well, sister Otel, I wanted to ask you about this. You know, uh, so many churches have a long history of political involvement, and you know because you've been there, Like you say, no one loves the Lord more than you, especially church's involvement with the civil rights movement. I know you're always busy saving souls for Jesus, but what if you started like a saving uh, like a soul's to the poles type in the street. What about that girl.
Speaker 2: We did that long time ago, y'all just coming up with new stuff, you know, we had that lectures at the church. We the one that nominated Harry Tudman to be the leader of the Underground Railroad.
Speaker 1: We selected her, yes, ma'am, you know.
Speaker 2: And one of the main attributes that she had that made us want to put us she could handle a pistol. Oh and we had stolen a pistol from one of the overseers.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, wow, she was riding.
Speaker 2: Down a horse and for the men's pulled him off and buried him and we kept his pistol.
Speaker 3: Did she have any competition, any opponents?
Speaker 1: Anybody want to go up against Harry Harris? Shoot your heads? Kept har cold? Whoop Harry tubmany could whoop most men my hero.
Speaker 2: Yes, just she fought real hard, like a wild cat. We like a bomb kept up in the tree of Harry jump on you.
Speaker 1: So that's what we did. And then and then we all we was made. We voted Frederick Douglass in as Abolitionists of.
Speaker 2: The Year because he's doing the year, and we didn't vote for Willie Turner. Willie Turner did. We went out on his own killing folks, but we supported him. You know, we was doing things for him on his behalf, Like if he need like some fresh crushed glass or something, we would do that. If he needed us to like put some poisoning in the food, we handled that.
Speaker 3: Up to today's time. Now we're talking today's time. Did you know that Steve had a conversation with our vice president coming I heard.
Speaker 2: Him say that ain't that something that he had had that that thinks enough for him to call him.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's special. You don't think it's special. Did she call anybody else.
Speaker 3: Him?
Speaker 1: Yes, that she's talking about. I'm knowing Mom and Daddy just said pride, and they could be a hymns, you know, ma'am, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Sitting up there watching from heaven and everything, watching his little boy, because you know it was because when he was coming up, didn't know nobody see this hill, that's right.
Speaker 1: Nobody thought that little big, little big no boy was gonna be anything. And he studied too.
Speaker 2: Did he ever tell you he studied, ma'am, Lord have mercy. One time he gave an Easter speech, and all we had cut it back down after you wreck. He took twenty minutes to do his speech. He did the speech call he rolls on the third day. The third day we were still listening.
Speaker 1: You mean, the title he wrote from the tyler of the poem was he rolls on the third day. But on the third day we were still listening.
Speaker 2: To the fall.
Speaker 1: That little study so long. So the following year we gave him Jesus. Well, oh Jesus was just too much. He got that out in three minutes. Lord, that boy, well he overcame his stuttering though, just like what I'm saying, ain't know.
Speaker 2: I told you what I was saying, suld ain't nobody to see this here, ain't nobody to see this coming?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ragged How the President used to stutter too?
Speaker 1: What President?
Speaker 3: Sure, President Biden talks about it a lot, he stuttered.
Speaker 1: When he was young. But it's different when you stutter when you're white though, And how so, I don't know. I just said that. I have nothing to back it up. I'm just assuming it.
Speaker 2: When you're black Pope and you white Poe him two different poles. Black people know how to beat Pope. White people. They look they have dirt on them when they get white close, be tattered, look like they're still picking.
Speaker 3: You know you're listening Morning show