Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all baby.
Speaker 1: At all at all?
Speaker 3: Given them.
Speaker 2: Back a million busy.
Speaker 4: Listening to show.
Speaker 5: I don't joy, yeah, joy, you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Turn love.
Speaker 1: Turn you.
Speaker 4: Gotta turn to turn the mouth turn You probably got to turn mouth turn out, turn the money up.
Speaker 2: Look, come on, come on you think that? Uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody, y'all listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only.
Speaker 6: Steve Harvey got a radio show man. Oh man, ain't god good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes, hey, you know I want to remind everybody today that you got to keep pressing forward.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: I know it gets difficult out there sometimes, but you got to keep pressing forward. There's nothing else for you to do. The option of quitting, turning back, giving up it cannot be there. The thoughts can pop into your head, but when they do, you got to pray about it. But you got to keep pressing forward. You got to keep it moving, man. I don't care how dark and dirty you get. For you, you got to somehow summon it up within you to keep it moving, to keep pressing forward, because the only way you're gonna get it is. You got to stay in the race. You know, you've heard it said a thousand times. The race isn't given to the swift, but to him that didn't do it to the end. You got to stay. Whatever it is. I don't know what it is for you, but whatever it is, you got to stay with it. Because Quentin, don't Quentin, don't let you see the end result, give it up. Don't let you see the end results turning back, don't let you see the end. The only way to see the end results is you got to finish the race. You got to stay in the race because the victory may be nearer than it seems. There's a poem I learned in college under some stressful situations I've just said like that. There is a stanza in this poem called don't Quit that says, often the goal is nearer than it seems to a faint and a faltering man, And often the struggler has given up when he might have captured the victor's cup, and he learns too late, when the night came down, how close he was to the golden crown. Now that's just a stanza in it. The poem is much longer than that. I know the whole thing because I learned it. But I've always remembered that poem that the goal is often nearer than it seems to a faint and a faltering man. And oftentimes the struggler has given up when he might have captured the victor's cup, but then he learns too late, when the night came down, how close he was to the golden crime. And there's the last stands of the poem says, it may be near when it seems afar, so stick to the fight when your heart is tited. It's when things seem worse that you mustn't quit. That poem is really it's an unknown author to the poem, so if you want to look it up, it's called don't Quit. The author is unknown. They never knew who it was. But you know, I'm talking to you today from the standpoint of encouragement.
Speaker 2: I won't.
Speaker 6: I want to show you an analogy that I've tripped on this morning when I was thinking about something I wanted and I was thinking, you know, okay, if you have a job, the way you have to do your job, your job forces you to do this, so you can't just randomly do this on your job. A job forces you to plan ahead a little bit. A job requires that you go through the procedures in order for something to happen that you want to happen. Example, you want a vacation, you have to put in for that vacation. You got to do that because the job requires that. You got to put in for your vacation. If you want a promotion and you see it post it somewhere that we are now have a position opening, you got to put in for that.
Speaker 2: You just can't sit back and hope they pick you.
Speaker 6: Because they're probably going to pick the person who wants it, who shows the initiative to go get it.
Speaker 2: So you have to put in for a promotion on a lot of jobs.
Speaker 6: If you want some days off, a couple of days here, a couple of days there, you got to put in for that. But all of these are things that you want. You want vacations, you want a day off here, and now you want some promotions.
Speaker 2: If you want a.
Speaker 6: Raise, you have to go in and request a raise. It requires an action on your part on your job. And guess what, we've all accepted this as this is the way it's done. You want to raise, you got to go in and have a meeting and take a request so you can show your value to get to raise. You want a vacation time, you got to put in for that, and then they got to they can tell you, yeah, your name, Okay, that's the deal with your job.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the deal with your life too. That exact picture that I.
Speaker 6: Painted for you that you're all so very much aware of that you're very crystal clear on the rules and regulations that you have no problem following him the same rules for your life. What you mean by that, Steve, You got to put in with God. You got to put in for what you want with God. And it's as simple as that you put in you want some more of this, some more that you got to put in with God. You put in with your You go down there and ask that man what you want, and you ain't got no problem following the rules. Well, put in with God what you want? What your list? What's your request? What do you really want? How much money you really trying to make? Where you really trying to live? What kind of career and job would you really like to have? What kind of person would you really like to be? What type of family are you hoping and wishing for? Who is the person you want in your life? What type of person do you what's the relationship you're looking for? What you want? You got to put in for that. You got to put in. You got to go to.
Speaker 2: God and put in for that.
Speaker 6: See, we'll follow the rules set up by us in a system, but we simple rules of putting in for your life. Man, we don't even do that. I wish I would put in for a job and not put in for God. You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 2: You think this man that has this company can has more to offer to you in terms of vacation, promos and raisers than God got for you for your life. Man, you keep putting too much faith in Man, that's what's wrong with us. I show Hor he give.
Speaker 6: Me this raise, I'll show I don't even go to people with that. I go to God about it. Then God touched them people's hearts. Then when I walk in there, it's already done. That's how you capture this thing, folks. It's not a magic trick. It's just a real simple understanding. Why would you not put in with God? If you're gonna put in on your job. That don't make no sense. Where you get the job from, where your boss get his position from? Where did this company come from? So when you peel back to but now that it all make a lot of sense, don't it?
Speaker 2: It really does. And I'm just a common sense god. You know.
Speaker 6: Look, I don't have the education that a lot of people have, but I gotta show show enough bunch of life experience though Oh I've been I've been getting smacked and knocked down the majority of my life. Oh I may look good to you now there look like he got his shine going on. And I am grateful to God for my life that I got now because this show ain't the one I had, but I got news for you. It ain't the one I thought I was gonna have until I put in for it. I ain't seen none of this till I put it in for it. And you know, as I saw it shaping and forming, and I said, God, could that really be happening? I wonder if you could make me this, Lord, I was wondering, Man, could I really have a syndicated radio show? Lord, I'm make it happen. If it's in your will. I put in for it, put in for it now. I'm working my tail off now because that's a part of it. See, but then God tells you that too. He says, faith without works is dead. I'm working my behind off. But the big thing is I put in for it. So I got a bunch of more stuff that I don't put in for God. I can't tell y'all what it is, but oh Lord, have mercy. I'm in line. I'm putting in for all the blessings that due me. If God's passing out of raising blessings, I'm lined up. He passing out a promotion. He's going to promote some more blessings. I'm lined up. He want to send me on a bigger vacation. I'm lined up. He passing out extra checks down at the job. I'm lined up because I'm putting here.
Speaker 1: Why don't you put into You're listening morning.
Speaker 6: Show ladies and gentlemen, let me have your undivided attention, please, the Steve Harvey Morning Shows a pon us. This new day is a pon us. This gift called the present is upon us. It is ours. It is a gift from God. Gratitude. Man, it's the best way to start this thing off. Man that if you're on a late shift and everything you ought to be grateful that you had a late shift to go to and you got off of it and you survive. You're your own way home. If you're about to go into one of these shifts, be grateful. Might not be the job you want to have, but.
Speaker 2: You have a job. Boy, boy, it could be worse, couldn't it. Yeah, it could.
Speaker 6: Gratitude affects your attitude, which directly it comes into correlation with your altitude.
Speaker 2: Gotta get them tubes.
Speaker 6: Up, Steve Harvey Morning Show, Sheldon Strawberry callin for Reil Mississippi, Monica Junior somewhere, then drifted off.
Speaker 2: I'm here, my computer not working this morning. Oh why did you just say that to us?
Speaker 7: I don't know what I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Her name Tommy.
Speaker 7: This is not the time. I got a lot of things happening right now. This is not the time timming. This is not okay, it's the time right here?
Speaker 2: He well, might as well just get started. What's going on, Julian, Or I'll tell you one thing going on.
Speaker 1: I'm married.
Speaker 2: That's one.
Speaker 1: Let's start there.
Speaker 6: Married, Hey, Julian, before you start this here, I don't know when you're gonna get over this fact. But this right here, you can't keep realizing at you married?
Speaker 7: Oh oh it keep it, keep coming with It's a gift that never stopped giving every day.
Speaker 2: Why why why am I tired of your marriage?
Speaker 7: I'll tell you why you're tired of my marriage, Timmy, because I got married late in life.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: Okay, so go ahead. What's wrong now? Jud I can't do nothing right? What you did wrong?
Speaker 7: For example, okay, thank you, I didn't forgot the baby birthday?
Speaker 6: I did damn bam. Okay, okay, stop stop right there, stop right there. You done forgot the baby birthday? And you don't you don't think that's substantial.
Speaker 1: I know they told me. I didn't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you done forgot a lot of stuff. They have computer either, Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: So you won't So you won't mercy forgetting the baby birthday? I sure do?
Speaker 6: What what? Well, let me ask you something. What was the expectation of you for the birthday?
Speaker 2: The party? So junr you didn't throw the baby to party?
Speaker 1: Was he don't pay for it?
Speaker 9: Or what?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 2: Junior, let me ask you so what this got to do with marriage?
Speaker 7: Because oh we got to a marriage because I got cut I got cussed out last night.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 6: Because while your voice sounded like that, Yeah, because I've been yelling yeah show did.
Speaker 1: Yes, what baby? The grand the grand Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, hey, all this happened to you in one day.
Speaker 6: I told you that before you've gotten man, I said, the day after you get married, a lot of you're gonna be a husband for the first time, a father for the first time, and a grandfather for the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Hey, let's go and break Charry. Go ahead, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Coming up next. Uh well, have some church complaints right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: It is time now for Reverend Motown and Deacon deaf jam and church complaints.
Speaker 11: Let me clear my soak. Hey, yeah, we gavel.
Speaker 6: In this uh poscurious way that we montificate in the eyes of the benevolent, knowing that we are mistacologically born of a bondacious time.
Speaker 2: We look.
Speaker 6: We look in iniquity, realizing that deprivarity and debauchery is but a stone throw away. I stunck only be ever mindful of the consequential circumstances that surrounds us in a falling world. Ladies and gentlemen. Is now time for church complaints?
Speaker 2: Lord? Yeah, a word a whole as I don't know how to get into it.
Speaker 8: Sister Venetia is having problems with her daughter Paisley. She yelled upstairs and told her to turn the TV off and go to bed. Paisley yelled back, then take the cable out my name then, Uh, she wants you to talk to little Paisley. He's getting out of control. But the.
Speaker 11: If you're gonna use me.
Speaker 6: Miss handle my credit while I'm nine, I should have some say so. No, I can't get mad if you gonna cut off the cable, take it out Monday and sounds like a fair request to me.
Speaker 2: And you cut your cable on and off whenever you.
Speaker 12: Want to or there He yeah, all right, we're gonna keep it movie cause we got us on the zoom and I just wanted to say welcome.
Speaker 2: Speechs go ahead or all right?
Speaker 8: Brother Gary Thomas called Uh. His wife told him when he get through cutting the yard on Saturday that they need to talk.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: He turned the line more off and started cutting the yard with some seals. He's asking, can you call and ask her what she wants? But he ain't went back in that house yet.
Speaker 11: Well, that is uh the most troubling for words in the marriage or relationship.
Speaker 2: We need to talk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that has led to more unnecessary complications, more complications, more diversifications than any sentence, uh in the in the in the world. So continue to cut your where. I will call her for you to see if I.
Speaker 2: Can get you an inkling of what it could be about. That's what he wants. But don't go back in there till I call her. You've been warned.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, all right, Uh, this is this is some devastating news he had passed it. This is just this is a lot. This is a lot on all of us.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: McDonald killed Burger King in front of Popeye's over that girl Wendy.
Speaker 2: And uh what.
Speaker 1: Really fine?
Speaker 2: My time?
Speaker 8: McDonald killed Burger King in front of Pipey's over that girl Wendy. Me and justin taking the subway. Do you want to ride with us to the funeral?
Speaker 6: You don't know this, but I've been called asked to do the funeral out line, Oh, Burger KINGE called us because I'm a king myself and wanted to know if one of the kings could do the funeral for Burger King. But I told him I might pop in, depend on which way.
Speaker 1: To win blot it.
Speaker 6: Since we all using pognifications, I thought I'd use my own.
Speaker 2: I'd say pardon the pun. But it was more than that. Oh I'm so miss.
Speaker 6: This is always surprising myself bringing the wood.
Speaker 8: We got an issue past that. This needs some media attention. Brother Carson went to Craplo dollars checked on Sunday wide visitings family members in Atlanta. He fell asleep in the church. He woke up and Olie Harriet would stand out. He stood up in the people clap. Then he heard Kriplo say who else will give two thousand dollars? He is being held until the two thousand dollars is paid he don't have it, and asking him we can pay the money.
Speaker 2: Well, no, we not go pay them.
Speaker 6: Buddy, if you stood up at the corporation time, therefore, it is your obliterity to fulfill the commitment that you made for two thousand dollars or I wanna can someone have Kryflo call me so I can work that into my next Sir, you got people standing up for two thousand dollars heim wing on wood in.
Speaker 1: The world is God.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hates that band I real quickly passed And sister Phadri is in jail. She was at the techout County in Wildmart and her granddaughter, so Shia asked what she gonna pay for the clothes she had in her parents too. She said, don't worry about getting her out, just beat her granddaughters behind.
Speaker 6: That's what she wants. Granddaughter seemed to be a big subject on this moaning shure. One of us forgot the grand baby birthday and the other one got a roguish or grandbaby. Oh, we're not in the child whipping business, so we're gonna have to stay away.
Speaker 2: We don't whoop nomber. Okay, we don't whoop children's.
Speaker 6: We whips people's with the woodmen, that's all. And then again we just sits by and watch marriage whip junior.
Speaker 2: Either way.
Speaker 1: Coming up next to ask the.
Speaker 2: CLO want to watch them?
Speaker 1: You're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 9: Coming up at the top of the hour, we will talk about Vice President Kamala Harris's new initiative with black men that kicks off today with the Vice President in Atlanta. Steve, you had a very special call with the VP Harris. So you're looking forward to hearing all about it that's coming. So we're looking for it. I should say to hearing all about it that's coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the CLO. This is from Johnny and Nasau. Johnny says, my dad and I have a mobile bartending truck. I bought the truck and I restock the liquor for each event. My dad is a master bartender, so he expects to get sixty percent of our profits. He is more of an employee than an investor. Should I get more profit? Shouldn't I get more profit?
Speaker 2: He's asking, Well, here's the deal.
Speaker 6: You he's more of an employee at an investor. The problem you got is without your daddy, you have no business. Because your father is the master bartender. All you probably know how to do is drive. We can get anybody drive. So I think your father has you in a precarious position. I think you all should go fifty to fifty if you put up all the money. But it sounds to me like you may have gotten some money from your father. Now, if you haven't gotten the money from your father and you put up all the money that was your stake in it. He brings brand equity, years of know how and knowledge and going into mixology, so now that comes with the price. But I think he realizes that without him you have nothing except a truck with some liquor on it. So if you have already previously agreed to the sixty forty, you have to pay it. If y'all ain't struck out yet and made one dollar, then it's time to negotiate, and y'all could meet in the middle.
Speaker 2: You think it ought to be fifty to fifty. He thinks sixty five forty.
Speaker 6: Maybe it should. Maybe he thinks it's sixty forty. Maybe it could be forty five fifty five. Meet in the middle.
Speaker 2: But you do need your daddy, Okay.
Speaker 6: Got a way to make more money is to get a real fine chick that can bar ten and cut your daddy out.
Speaker 2: Oooh that and then he gonna flip that truck over the seven want you know? Happy Nassau?
Speaker 1: All right? Uh?
Speaker 9: Melika and Stockbridge says, I surprised my husband by coming home early from a bridal shower. I heard him tell someone on the phone that his wife will be gone till around four pm, so he'd be free to talk until four. He said it was his boss. Was he really working on a Saturday?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Mandy, I don't know, m I don't know if he said it was his boss. If you didn't hear no female voice and you know all this here, I don't know why you calling us? He told us, but he could talk to four.
Speaker 6: Now here's what you need to know is when you came in, did the conversation end?
Speaker 1: Uh? Huh?
Speaker 2: It wasn't no talking to four.
Speaker 1: The boss could be a female though.
Speaker 6: Now, well, if it's boss, didn't we it's work related. No, it don't sound like no female because she didn't say she. She said he was talking to someone. And when I walked I heard him say he could talk to four. But now what she didn't say was when she.
Speaker 2: Came in he hung up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or did he go off somewhere else and take the phone call?
Speaker 6: Which was you know you don't I don't talk business in front of my wife.
Speaker 1: Why was she being upset?
Speaker 2: Why was she questioning him? If she didn't always y'all, are y'all doing something?
Speaker 1: Was kind of off?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No, ain't something Some meanings off, y'all made it off, y'all while you don't. First of all, you don't have all the information. All she said was I heard him tell someone my wife is the way I can talk to a phone.
Speaker 2: She came in. He said it was his boss.
Speaker 1: Which could have been a lie.
Speaker 6: But how do you but but I mean, what depends on what she did. She overhear him saying, yeah, like when you rub my back. Now, I'm saying, unless she heard that, Shirley, that's his boss. What you're saying, we all stopped wrecking y'all's marriage when they don't have to be.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, moving on.
Speaker 6: Stay down, stay down, Stay down. You're talking with a lot of emotion. Right now, you're gonna say something you're gonna near to regret. Go ahead, shire.
Speaker 9: Fay Nol and Raleigh says, my husband and I argue a lot. And when I tell my husband that what my mom said to me or about me, he'll stop talking to her for weeks.
Speaker 1: I told him to stop doing that. He said that I need to stop venting to him. Then who am I supposed to vent to?
Speaker 2: Then? Well, I mean, look look for now, now listen.
Speaker 1: You love that maw Fay now the way you said it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's a combination of faith and Nail Carter. She could make up her name who she wanted to make the name a baby after, So it's Faye Nail. That's very close to fatal, you know, like someone was fatal and then but they nailed it, so it was Faye Nail. Anyway, I can't, I don't know, you know, you people just getting tired of here, and you complain seemed like to me, you know, cause mama, well, but everybody because her mama turned on and say something crazy about it. Then she tell her husband and her husband kids speaking to the mama because he trying to side up with the wife. And now you want him to quit not talking to your mama. You just came in and said that your mama.
Speaker 2: Said you're stupid and you act like a damn fool all the time.
Speaker 6: And now your husband going down. Why you're letting her talk to you like that? Now he don't talk to her, now you're mad at him. We can't get in this next question.
Speaker 1: Last one speak, last one?
Speaker 9: All right, Jessica in the DM right, I got a speeding ticket and paid the fine, but I forgot to tell my husband our insurance increased by eighty nine dollars and now he wants to restrict me to driving to work and for essential errands only for a while.
Speaker 1: Does the punishment match the crime?
Speaker 2: I didn't know your husband completely? Punishment?
Speaker 1: What is that about?
Speaker 2: Where'd that come from? You can't drive no more except to work a necessary things? You're not driving no more? Does the punishment fit the crime? What sit in the corner and the marriages it?
Speaker 6: I can't go in there and tell my wife you can't drive no more because you got a ticket?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 1: This is too too much in the car?
Speaker 2: Fasten?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm talking be driving around this block, so damn fast.
Speaker 1: In his car?
Speaker 2: Tickets.
Speaker 6: I drive down the street and find that sign to say speed trapping.
Speaker 1: Oh all right? So yeah, does a punishment fit the crime?
Speaker 2: This is crazy?
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be any punishment?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Colo.
Speaker 9: Coming up at the top of the hour, we will hear from Steve on our Vice president's new initiative involving black men.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: Okay, So, Steve, you spoke with Vice President Kamala Harris and she specifically specifically wanted to talk to you. So you got to tell us about the conversation you had with the Vice President.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, I was honored, you know, I mean, how would I, this little boy out of world Trust Virginia, ever think that he'd be talking to presidents?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I mean when President Obama invited me to the White House and for the first time took me in the Oval Office and I stood on this presidential seal on the carpet, I mean, you know, I cried because I'm going like, wow, I wish my mama and Neim could see me. Man, that this little boy that they had raised and prayed for was talking to a president of the United States in the Oval Office, you know, I mean, I'm just amazed at that. So, I mean, you know, I've interviewed I've sat next to Joe Biden, had a special dinner in Las Vegas before before he was president, and now you know we I've interviewed him, and now the Vice President called me on Friday.
Speaker 2: It was a schedule call set.
Speaker 6: Up through Thank Monica Bond's Mississippi Bonds arranged the whole thing for us and set it up, and she wanted me to be aware of something she said, because I didn't want to come to your town and not make you aware of what I was doing. So today today in Atlanta, Georgia, the Vice President's Economic Opportunity to kicks off today right here in Atlanta, and the purpose everybody of this tour is to raise awareness of how the Biden administration's economic policies benefit minority communities.
Speaker 2: Because it's so.
Speaker 6: Much talk that you all are missing about this administration and what they haven't done, and you're not looking at what they have done.
Speaker 2: And so this is.
Speaker 6: To highlight what's happening through the policies of the Biden administration to benefit the minority communities.
Speaker 2: Especially black men. So listen to this, y'all.
Speaker 6: Every stop is going to include partner organizations. It's going to include federal agencies that provide much needed resources to scale a business, to find a new idea, to lower your financial debt, and to build wealth. And the audiences will include black business owners, community banks, and federal agencies that will help with access to capital and reduce financial debt. Now, after today's kickoff event in Atlanta, Vice President Harris will hold an event in Detroit next week. Additional dates and locations will be announced soon. So the first two is right here in Atlanta, there in Detroit and doing every stop. The Vice President is gonna highlight how the Biden administration has delivered historic investments in small businesses, with the fastest creation of black owned small business in more than thirty years. So for all y'all radio hosts, all y'all lit rappers out here that's running around talking about Trump's for blacks, Blacks for Trumps, blacks for Trump, I want you to understand something. You'll never find nothing about Trump for blacks, but all these blacks for Trumps. How it can you be when a man does nothing for you, you wanna do everything for him. So all y'all blacks for Trumps, can you please show me how Trump is for blacks?
Speaker 2: I did, just show me.
Speaker 6: Just show me, And don't don't point to the last time he was in the White House, this economic jump for black people, because that was been a fitting off the Obama administration.
Speaker 1: There you don't come.
Speaker 2: See, don't don't don't do that part. He didn't.
Speaker 6: He didn't come in office two months later and then look what I did. No, no, no, no, no no no. Look what you inherited. So now this this tour is gonna this thirty year jump that they've made, is gonna highlight how record number of jobs, including two point six million jobs for black workers, were created while achieving the lowest black unemployment rate on record. This is after four years of their bide administration, trying to make it eight. We're gonna highlight how medical debt was heraised by capping the cost of insulin for seniors. Lord know how many of us is on that and expanding access to healthcare with tax credits That led to a forty nine percent increase in Black Americans.
Speaker 2: Who are enrolled in the Affordable Care Act.
Speaker 6: Now, I want you remember now, that was what they were claiming was Obamacare.
Speaker 2: That's what the Affordable Care Act is.
Speaker 6: But don't you remember all the Republicans were saying when they get in office, first thing they're gonna do is repeal and replace Obamacare.
Speaker 2: You ain't heard no more about that, have you? You ain't heard Trump say that one time because they found it out.
Speaker 6: They found out his ragged ass constituents needed it too, right, So now they wanted to stop calling it Obamacare.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, Now it's the Affordable Care Act.
Speaker 6: You follow what I'm saying, y'all need to pay attention to what this Biden administration has done. Get off the sidelines and get out and vote, and they're gonna highlight also how housing was made more affordable and childcare costs were lowered by securing thirty percent increase in funding for Childcare Development Block grant. And as you remember, the Trump administration took all that away. You can watch today's event in Atlanta at two forty five Eastern. All you gotta do is go online to white House dot gov slash live, white House dot gov slash live. I will be reminding you of this at the closing remarks today. This will be my closing remarks for those that miss it. The Biden administration is doing something and we got to get out to vote. And let's stop this foolishness about these blacks for Trumps, because Trump ain't for blacks period.
Speaker 9: Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, Degenerous has a new comedy tour. She opened up on stage about losing her talk show because she's quote mean, we'll get into that. Look at Tommy's face, you know he loves Ellen. We'll get into a Tommy business. You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 9: Ellen DeGeneres has returned to doing stand up comedy with her Ellen's Last stand Up tour that kicked off last week in West Hollywood. On stage, Ellen did a lot of reflecting on how tragically her talk show Ellen ended.
Speaker 1: Back in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 9: Ellen told people that she got kicked out of the business because she is quote mean, and it took a toll on her self esteem. She said, quote people either love you and idolize you, or they hate you, and the haters, somehow are louder.
Speaker 1: You say that all the time.
Speaker 9: Steve Ellen said that she loved her talk show yeah, and that this was not the way she wanted to end her career. So good for her, we say for return learning to stand up and putting it all out here. But the cancel culture is very real. It's all too real. So Steve, I know you're sad about this. Tommy, Yeah, you love Ellen, but Steve Ellen is your friend. You and Ellen are are friends. So you have any advice for Ellen.
Speaker 6: She's going with your life. You got good life. Damn that show. She got plenty of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shows I have had counsel, just get off.
Speaker 6: You know, she loved it, but I understand she got put out though, because they said she was mean and it was a lie.
Speaker 2: The girl ain't mean. She's one of the nicest people I haven't met.
Speaker 6: You know, if you said they're gonna put me off because I'm mean, I'll be going, Oh, well, all right, she said, well, I guess I had a nice run.
Speaker 9: But I mean, you said you've been put off a lot of shows. But she said she was put out and it's messed with her self esteem.
Speaker 2: You know, no, man, see it.
Speaker 6: Listen when when NBC canceled Little Big Shots and the Talk Show at one time two hits, but to be trifling to me? Now, the guy that did it, he gone, he's nowhere to be fine. I'm still here, So and with with with different opportunities presented. Because of that, Ellen has different opportunities in front of her.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure she was venting as a stand up because that's what we do. So she was just venting about it. But you know, it ain't really you know, Ellen is fine, y'all. Don't even where about that.
Speaker 1: Come on, Tommy, come on, I don't know.
Speaker 13: Had time to get into it. But isn't it kind of different for Ellen? You said you got canceled. It was an executive decision, and I guess for Ellen it was her reputation and the people the pressure.
Speaker 2: See that we didn't know at the backlash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: She was surprised at the hate, yeah, that she was getting and unsolicited.
Speaker 2: A lot of people can't handle hate.
Speaker 1: Why are they calling her mean though? Why?
Speaker 2: Because she can about everything?
Speaker 6: Why do people go on podcasts and say somebody asked him to be a king of coming you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, that clears it up for me.
Speaker 2: To say something too, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Coming up thirty four minutes after the hour.
Speaker 9: Our girl, sister Odell will be in the building right after this. You're listening morning show, all right, ladies and gentlemen, like I want to know.
Speaker 2: To know you who you love?
Speaker 6: He probably not like me, No, good morning on the walk.
Speaker 2: Lord moved me. You can love him, but molding me. I ain't.
Speaker 3: Yet.
Speaker 2: Not now we're going on today.
Speaker 1: Well, sister o till I wanted to ask you about this.
Speaker 9: You know, uh, so many churches have a long history of political involvement, and you know because you've been there, Like you say, no one loved the Lord more than you, especially church's involvement with the civil rights movement. I know you're always busy saving souls for Jesus, but what if you started like a saving uh, like a soul's to the poles type ministry?
Speaker 1: What about that did.
Speaker 2: That long time ago? Y'all just coming up with new stuff?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 6: We had that lectures at the church were the one that nominated hard Tudman to be the leader on the underground Railroad.
Speaker 1: We should let at her, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: And one of the main attributes that she had that made us want to put us she could handle a pistol. Oh and we had stolen a pistol from one of the overseers.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, wow.
Speaker 6: She was riding down the horse and for the men's pulled him off and buried him and we kept his pistol.
Speaker 1: Did she have any competition, any opponents?
Speaker 2: Anybody want to go up against Harry Hair?
Speaker 1: Shoot you he.
Speaker 6: Was kept Hair could whoop Harry Tummy could whoop most men. My hero, Yes, just crashed. She fought real hard, like a wild cat. We like a bomb kept up in the tree if Harry jump on you. So that's what we did. And then and then we uh, we was made. We voted Frederick Douglass in as Abolitionists of the Year because he's doing the year. And we did vote for Willy Turner. Willie Turner did. We went out on his own killing folks, but we supported him. You know, we was doing things for him on his behalf, Like if he need like some fresh crushed glass or something, we would do that. If he needed us to like put some poisoning in the food, we handled that.
Speaker 9: Up to today's time. Now we're talking today's time. Did you know that Steve had a conversation with our vice president coming.
Speaker 2: I heard him say that ain't that something that he had had? That that threk's enough for him to call him?
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am, that's special. Yes'm, you don't think it's passion.
Speaker 2: Did she called anybody else?
Speaker 1: Yes, she's talking about her.
Speaker 6: I'm knowing Mom and Daddy, just your pridey. They could be a hymns, you know, ma'am. Yes, ma'am sitting up there watching from heaven and everything, watching this little boy, because you know it was because when he was coming up.
Speaker 2: Didn't know nobody see this him.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody that little big, little big no boy was gonna be any there.
Speaker 6: And he studied too. Did he ever tell you he studied? God have mercy. One time he gave an Easter speech, and all we had cut it back down after you wreck. He took twenty minutes to do his speech. H He did his speech called he Rolls on the third day. The third day we were still listening.
Speaker 2: You mean, the title he wrote from the tyler of.
Speaker 6: The poem was he rolls on the third day. But on the third day we were still listening to the so long. So the following year we gave him Jesus.
Speaker 1: Well, oh Jesus was just too well, he.
Speaker 2: Got that out in three minutes.
Speaker 9: Lord, that boy, well he overcame his stuttering though, just like that.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying that ain't know I told you what I was saying.
Speaker 6: She ain't nobody see this hill, ain't nobody to see this coming?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ragged.
Speaker 9: The President used to stutter too, what president is sure? President Biden, he talks about it a lot. He's stuttered when he was young.
Speaker 2: But it's different when you stutter when you're white though, and how so? I don't know. I just said, and I have nothing to back it up. I'm just assuming.
Speaker 6: When you black Pope and you white Poe him two different pops. Black people know how to beat pope. White people. They look they have dirt on them. When they get white tated, it look like they still picking.
Speaker 9: You know you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today and the subject is how do I explain the silence?
Speaker 1: Wait till you hear this letter? It is crazy.
Speaker 9: We'll get into it though, in just a few because first it is time for the nephew and he's here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 8: What you got for I am? I am sure, But before we start, let me do this. Let there be laughs. Let there be laughs. Is going down this coming Sunday. You do not want to miss it, hosted by yours Truly. It's at the YouTube Theater in Los Angeles, California, and it is Netflix is a Joke Festival. Netflix is a Joke comedy Festival and May fifth single to myles Sunday you will have the privilege of watching. You gotta get your tickets now. If you're in La and around the way, get your tickets right now. Cave on stage is in the building, my man, Tony Baker, Lavelle straight up. Ignor Crawford is in the building. J. J. Williamson in the building. And I don't have a DJ, y'all. I got a band. I got a live band. And guess who is leading the band. The one and only gospel great Fred Hammond.
Speaker 1: Man is great.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Lord is boy, you can do it.
Speaker 8: And we're gonna Bee and Fred gonna be as ignorant as we can, but clean. Okay, I got that all right. I got a call in Fred letting them know, Hey, now we're gonna have to be ignorant, but clean, clean and ignorant. I think we're gonna handle that, just fine, just fine.
Speaker 4: Clean, Yah.
Speaker 2: Real Fred Hammer Baker, that boy is.
Speaker 9: Glurry to glorry to go.
Speaker 2: To Fred is already friends already, Oh yeah, oh yeah, Fred is true. No, I don't run up, don't run up, prompish you. He all these gospel songs, He's not all of them.
Speaker 8: Jackie used to be on the Praise dance team and they used to dance to uh want of Fred Hammer's song That'll used to be off the chain.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh your wife can dance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, I stand on the side. I don't even.
Speaker 8: All right, here's the prank for you. This right here is Kay Miller. Kay Miller. All right, y'all better buckle up. It's money baby. Let's go cat dog.
Speaker 2: You get your butt over that. Sit down. When I get to.
Speaker 10: Talking to him, then I'm gonna deal with you. Let your butt down for trace right now?
Speaker 8: Hello, Hello?
Speaker 2: Who is this? Who is I'm looking for Kate Miller?
Speaker 3: Who is Kate Miller?
Speaker 10: Let me tell you something, man, this purpose already. No, I've been finding out for people that you've been coming by my house when I'm.
Speaker 2: Gone, and you've been over here with my wife. Put trace. So let's get it all out here in the open. I'm looking for you. You hear me.
Speaker 3: Hey man, I don't even know who you are.
Speaker 10: Man, Set your butt down for trace. Sit it down, Kate Miller. When I find out where you're at, when I get my hands on of your it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be over with.
Speaker 3: Hold up now, I am Kate Miller. But you ain't gonna do to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's something you can kill do.
Speaker 3: Me like somebody you know your girl and you know you can't handle it, and I don't appreciate no lightweight cupcacking calling me excusing me of doing something I ain't done yet.
Speaker 2: We will do it if you look.
Speaker 10: Don start this here today, Dog, I ain't got enough.
Speaker 2: In me right now to hold this pressure.
Speaker 10: Now I'm looking for your so when I find you, dog, this ain't gonna be good between me and you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: You gonna got enough because you ain't your girl right That's why you calling me accusing me. You know I might love boll of them because it sounds like you ain't doing what you're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 10: Hey, dog, don't sit here and say nothing stupid to me like this, he'll dog. Matter of fact, we can just meet right now. Get all this old shit your butt, damn por trace, don't move till I'm through with it now, mister t Miller, let me tell you something, man, won't we just meet up and get this over with so we.
Speaker 3: Can we can do that. We can go ahead and meet up, and when you meet with me, make sure you put your lift down and work to tell it because I got something.
Speaker 2: Fuck it?
Speaker 3: But shall I do what but y'all let down and watch your jelly be cause I got something from you.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna talk to me crazy though.
Speaker 3: Hey man, look here, you know you don't know who the you dealing with. Man, this is Kay Miller and you got the right phone number. But look here, you can't calm my number at need.
Speaker 2: To kind of great.
Speaker 3: I don't know who the you are, but you don't need to be with me.
Speaker 10: All I'm telling you is I'm looking for you, and the ain't already gave me the description.
Speaker 2: You six two?
Speaker 10: You drive a black Chrislis and I already know when I see you it ain't gonna be good for you, me and you.
Speaker 3: Man, that's riding no crank you you don't dry, no crisis three hundred tron, no CoA dying, No Christler?
Speaker 2: Okay, what you drive?
Speaker 3: Here's I'm gonna kick up.
Speaker 2: You don't drying? No price of black three.
Speaker 3: Hundred Wow my brother driver, Christler?
Speaker 2: Where your brother in right now? That's what I need to know?
Speaker 3: What about what my brother? What are you right now? I need to know? You know you do right now? You are I'm calling my my I'm just trying to rest with my brothers. Howbout get married? You calling here accusing Hellerson. I know ain't been doing nothing, so.
Speaker 10: Your brother vinna get mad, But he's still going over the mine house, messing with mouth set y'all down for.
Speaker 3: What you to be doing. So he is laying the pipe he landed right, and your wama's getting delight.
Speaker 2: Look, I ain't got damn for your little nursing round. Now, look, ain't you Kate Miller?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kay Miller? But my father Miller.
Speaker 2: Your your brother named Miller? Yeah, what's your name?
Speaker 3: My name is Killer.
Speaker 10: Both of y'all is Ky Miller's Yeah, okay, but your brother is the one that drive your black three one hundred crystles.
Speaker 2: Hold, I'm a warp and so as I see him.
Speaker 3: What time he ain't gonna do a staying in my father because like I told you, out of this, you're a rightweight tup cake. And then my daughter is he's doing what he's supposed to be doing. But you ain't honestly laying the pipe right, and I don't appreciate you. Hold my house to me and then teller t run Colla, I'm gonna whoop.
Speaker 10: You in your brother sif I got you that don't even make no difference to me.
Speaker 2: That don't make no difference to me.
Speaker 3: How go down?
Speaker 2: Whether I run in.
Speaker 10: The table, Miller, Miller, damn it, color Miller. It don't make me no difference. I'm whooping a miller sooner or later.
Speaker 3: Thing I want you to somebody's right now. You hiding behind the phone because you weak your week pocket love outsidry, Come on old right now and lehanna brother and whoop your right When can.
Speaker 10: With meet you on the corner of Frankfort ain't telling right now at the service station?
Speaker 3: You go and do that. I got out to tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm do here.
Speaker 10: All this you talking about. All I want to know is how long.
Speaker 2: It's gonna take for you to get to the service station.
Speaker 3: That's all I want to know from you.
Speaker 10: All I want to know is how long it's gonna take for you to get to the service station.
Speaker 2: Don't say what you can How long is the come right now?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 2: I'm on my way.
Speaker 3: I'm hardy for you.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm gonna whoop you then, Man.
Speaker 3: God God telling from your right now.
Speaker 10: Okay, let me tell you one more time.
Speaker 3: If you told you to tell me, that's a Neshew timing from the stee You Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: You just jump prank.
Speaker 3: Man, you gonna get job. I'm just telling me to close his hands, tell me doing borne to the boys around him, and I'm gonna breakfast up. That's I'm putting in some cholissmized medications. I ain't feeling good. I'm trying to send my cat on the phone, and you quant calming because this time of hey, what kind of is this? And you lucky getting an answer?
Speaker 2: So up, oh, here came Miller too, Yeah, you know you.
Speaker 3: Coming down.
Speaker 10: There came Look, what is the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 1: Yes, you play.
Speaker 2: On this great getting up Monday morning? What that's how you do it?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 8: West Palm Beach, y'all laying in the cut, y'all better be ready. An evening with Nephew Tommy. That's Mother's Day weekend, West Palm Beach. That's made eleven May tenth and eleven, an evening with Nephew Tommy. Tickets are rolling and he rolling out fast.
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, thank you nephew.
Speaker 9: Coming up next, Strawberry letter, How do I explain the silence?
Speaker 1: Wait till you hear what happened.
Speaker 2: Wait too, I haven't been through some silence.
Speaker 9: I don't know how you explained it, But how do I exp playing the silence? That's coming up? At the top of the hour, We'll get into that letter right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: It is time for.
Speaker 9: Today's Strawberry Letter, and if you need advice on relationships, works, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click.
Speaker 1: Submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 9: We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on time. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 9: Thank you nephew. Subject, how do I explain the silence? Dear Stephen Shirley. I've been married for three years and I work from home, but I have to travel sometimes for conferences. I often ride with co workers if it's a short distance. Last week I drove and Don and Calvin from work jumped in with me. I made sure not to tell my husband, who was writing with me, until we got in the car. So I could act like I went up to the office and the guys just happened to end up in my car. My plan worked, and my husband called right as we pulled up to the hotel in Austin. I stayed in my car to take the call while Don and Calvin got our bags. It started raining, so I had to rush off the phone and get into the hotel because I couldn't find my umbrella. I threw my phone in my purse and hurried out of the rain. I checked in and got my phone out of my purse. Don was in my room because he had brought my bag for me up for me. I had no idea that I had butt dialed my husband and he was on the other end of the phone listening to our conversation. Don laughed about how bad I drive and how poor Calvin was holding on for dear.
Speaker 1: Life because I was speeding. We laughed and talked for a.
Speaker 9: Minute or two, and then Don came over and hugged me and put both of his hands under my butt and kissed the soul out.
Speaker 1: Of my body. That boy laid it on me, and I was speechless.
Speaker 2: Then he just.
Speaker 9: Walked out and didn't say a word. My husband apparently hung up at that point, and he called me back. He said he heard that I had two men in my car and I didn't tell him, and to make it worse, I had a man in my room. But what upset him the most was the long silence he heard before don walked out of my room. How do I explain the silence? I don't know what all he heard. Do I confess or keep acting?
Speaker 1: Dumb?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 9: You messed up, and you messed up big time. I don't know how you can fix this. At first, you deliberately didn't tell your husband about the plan with your coworkers writing with you. That one worked kind of sort of not really though, And then you thought you because you thought you.
Speaker 1: Got away with it.
Speaker 9: But then you go and butt dial your men. Now you know, I don't condone lying. I don't do that, especially when the truth will do. But there are always Steve exceptions to the rule. I hate to admit this, but you know you can't tell your husband about how this man grabs you, hugged you and kiss you, grabs your butt comes.
Speaker 1: You can't do it. Now, you can't do it.
Speaker 2: We learn it.
Speaker 9: You can't tell your husband that you know you can't. Yes, your husband's not gonna take it well, to say the very least, he's not. You say, do you confess or keep acting dumb? You gotta keep acting dumb in this one. You gotta act crazy, dumb, whatever it takes. But you can't tell your husband that you cannot.
Speaker 2: Steve, let me help this. You got it.
Speaker 1: Help her with a lie because you know you can ride.
Speaker 2: Three years you work from home.
Speaker 6: You had to travel often, ride with co workers if it's a short distance. Last week, I drove Don and Calvin from work jumped in with me. Now, ain't no two men just jumped in no car with no woman. This was planned, and it was planned by Don and Calvin, and you went along with the plan because you kind of wanted this to happen. Let's stop this reindeer game, little girl, you playing. I made sure not to tell my husband who was riding with. Why why why? If it's harmless, why is your turn to drive you the coworker? It's your turn.
Speaker 2: Don had a turn, Calvin had a time, Sheila had a time. It's your turn.
Speaker 6: But you already know you wanted Don and Calvin in your car, you know, so they ride with me until we got in the car. I couldn't I couldn't tell my husband who was riding with me until we got in the car, so I could act like I went up to the office, and the guys just happened to end up in my car. Wait a minute, So why you gotta act like that? The reason you gotta act like that is that they just got in your car is because it was planning this way. You knew it, They knew it.
Speaker 2: My plan worked, and my husband called right as we pulled up to the hotel in Austin. Oh, y'all in Texas. Okay. I stayed in my car to take the call while Don and Calvin got our bags. It started raining, so I had to rush off the phone to get inside the hotel because I couldn't find my umbrella. No, no, no, because you can't get your hair wet. Let gonna cut to this out right here, then listen. If we gonna do these lines, let's do between the lines too.
Speaker 6: You gotta get off his damn phone because you cannot get your hairway, because the one that you like can't see you with your hair matten on your head. I threw my phone in my purse haired out the rain, I checked in, got my phone out, my purse.
Speaker 2: Don down here to one Don DELI wan cute Don the magic wan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Don was in my room because he had bought my bag up for me, not Calvin, not as uglass free and cant Don.
Speaker 2: I brought your bags up to the room. Done, told uglass Calvin, I got these bage dog.
Speaker 6: Don't worry about this. The plan we finally got up here by myself. All right, come back, I'm gonna tell you what happened when pretty ass Don dropped the bags.
Speaker 2: He is cute. All right.
Speaker 9: We'll have part two of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today Strawberry letters, subject how do I explain the silence? We'll get back into that after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is how do I explain the silence?
Speaker 2: See, you ain't gotta explain the silence? What you done? Do?
Speaker 6: You gotta explain this whole trip that you Don and Calvin had planned to take together because you act like it was a work trip. And y'all drive when it's short distances, and you went up to the office and Don and Calvin was riding with you. Now you didn't want to tell your husband that Don and Calvin was riding with you. You want to act like when you went up to the office, they jumped in your car. Can't nobody do that without permission, without planning? Oh no, no, no, no, no no no, I can't do that. My husband would never allow me. He would think it's improper for me to drive to men. Y'all drive all the way down to Austin, y'all in the car. Your plan worked, and then your husband call right as y'all pulled up to that hotel in Austin her Calvin and Don. Yeah, so now he called and you stayed in your car to take the call while you watch big old strong Don in Calvin carry your bag up to your room, looking at Don back, just picking bags up like they was nothing. Donnie, it started raining, so I had to rush off the phone and get inside the hotel because I couldn't find my umbrella. You had to hang up that phone rush get into that hotel because you can't get your damn hair with You could put your jacket on your head, but you can't get your hair with I threw my phone in my purse and I hurried out of the rain. I checked in and got my phone out of my purse. Don was in my room. Now wait a minute, now, hold up, didn't you see nah? I read it and the letters different.
Speaker 2: I went it.
Speaker 6: I went and get inside the hotel because I couldn't. I threw my phone in my purse. I hurried out the I checked in and got my phone out of my person.
Speaker 2: You checked in? Oh? Really? See this is how I know you lie cause you say you checked in, But when you got up to your room, Don was down. Now whole room was you in? Was you in the room you just checked in and Don was up there? Was you going to Don's room the whole time?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Or did Don check in and get your key and was waiting on you? Either way, how come you wasn't surprised when Don was in your room? See, girl, even when you type in you lion? Wow, but you dealing with a professional. What I read between the line? See, Sureley didn't see this because she don't lie a lot.
Speaker 1: He just brought her bags to the room.
Speaker 2: No, No, But how he get in the room if she just checked later on downstairs.
Speaker 1: She lied criminal minds.
Speaker 2: Don Don laughed, and they and I brought my bag up to the room.
Speaker 6: I had no idea that I had butt down my husband and he was on the other end of the phone listening to our conversation.
Speaker 2: Don laughed about how bad I drive. You sure drive crazy.
Speaker 1: He was talking like that one car.
Speaker 6: Watching you, you know, because you could have swerved off the road, but I would have put my hands on your thigh and lifted it up and put it on that brake pedal in case it looked like you wasn't gonna stop this car. You know what I'm saying that, Yeah, And so Calvin was hanging on for dear life because I was.
Speaker 2: We laughed. We talked for a minute or two. Then Don came over and hugged me.
Speaker 6: Don put both his hands under but yeah, yeah, that crease right there, that that that cup crease that's to lift. Okay, no, no, you gotta know what's happening here. We know, but see you don't know because and kissed the soul out.
Speaker 2: Of my body. That's part for your soul to come out your body. Kissing in here, stop booty kissing allowed the soul to get out of an opening that ain't hardly ever opened.
Speaker 1: Okay, then he.
Speaker 6: Just walked and and and and and that boy laid it on me and I was speaching. Then he just walked out and didn't say a word because he knew he had done what He came up there and kissed the soul out your body. He heard you breathing, he heard you stop breathing.
Speaker 1: He heard you say, wait, more.
Speaker 2: So gone.
Speaker 6: That's the soul leaving. So he walked out and didn't said word. My parent, my husband parently hung up at that point.
Speaker 2: He called me back. He said he heard that I had two men in my car, and I ain't tell him and made it worse. You had a man in your room. But what upsetting most was the long silence he heard before Don walked out of my room.
Speaker 6: How do I explain the silence? I don't know what all he heard. Do I confess and keep acting dumb? You got to stay dumb. But since you lied about them going on the trip, let's continue to lie. The silence was because he had walked out for a moment and left his phone, and I handed him his phone when he came back. That's all the silence was because he was going out the room or husband, your phone cut off?
Speaker 2: Oh the line drop? Yeah? Ok, those are true.
Speaker 1: Two viable lives, Okay.
Speaker 2: That she could use. Yeah, maybe you had a bad connection. I don't know what's wrong. So what what's going to Hoe? The kids?
Speaker 9: Leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey f M, and check us out on the Strawberry Letter podcast and the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good. Coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. What you got Junior?
Speaker 2: Well, sure, the Phoenix Sons. The Phoenix Sons are out the playoffs. Yeah, they lost the.
Speaker 1: Wolves one one sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah they go.
Speaker 7: Ready, deal, David, look back at the house, Lebron go not ain't going yet the night Lebron gonna leave out to night.
Speaker 2: They down three ones.
Speaker 7: But well, the Phoenix Sons, Yeah, the Phinny Sons have been swept I playoffs.
Speaker 1: By the timble Wolves.
Speaker 2: Man by the Timberwolves, not the timber two timberwol Well, you called him the timber Toools.
Speaker 1: The first I didn't call him nothing. I said timber Wool the first time.
Speaker 9: Is this a speech lesson or sports Come on, Junior schech lesson, because first we was gonna do something else.
Speaker 2: So yes, this is a speech and from a former stout.
Speaker 7: Slippers beat the marriage. They slippers beat the marriage. One sixteen one left. The Knicks is up three one.
Speaker 8: Slow down, slow down, float down. We got to give We got to give Kyrie Irvings some some love. That boy played. He plays butt off yesterday for Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, that boy was hooping. He is a ball. But we're not getting a full sports report this morning, y'all.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He running down the NBA. Yeah, this ain't.
Speaker 6: I just want to just say to the public, this is not the sports report. Junior wanted to do it under protest. Go ahead, Junior, Okay, I can hear it in his voice. He's doing this a sports under protest. Timper too, is thinking.
Speaker 4: Ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Can we just say congratulations to the next day of three to one over the seventy six ers. Congratulations Nick Knicks is up three to one over the seventy six ers.
Speaker 2: That's because of the little short guy. Thank you.
Speaker 6: I want to make sure we run. I know, yes, I mean, I mean Tommy. Now there's some shortcast ball now, yes, I have seen him all the great Calvin Murphy out of Houston. Nate Archi ball, Come on, Nate Robinson was a ball will Yeah what was that?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 2: Mosey start with an em muggsy bowlus muggsy bogs. It was yo boy, yo dog. It was some cold blooded short people playing basketball. Was now one of them named Tommy the great big up to the short NBA.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, Junior, thank you.
Speaker 9: Coming up at the top of the hour, a wife wants to know of her husband, a partner or a problem.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Morning show, all right.
Speaker 9: See this is from Deirdre in Valdosta. Didre says, a year ago, I thought I married the man of my dreams. Within three months of living with him, he started sleeping and the guest room.
Speaker 2: He bought a.
Speaker 9: TV for his new room without discussing it with me. He told me that he wants to be comfortable, and this is his house too, so he doesn't need to tell me anything. This is my house and he just got here. Is this a sign that he's going to be more of a problem than a partner.
Speaker 6: Well, let me ask you a question. Ain't he a problem right now? And ain't he supposed to be her partner? All y'all got to do is work through some communications. You know now when you get married. You know this my house stuff. And we've been hearing about that a lot, lady, all this what's mine.
Speaker 2: What you need to do is understanding marriage is a union.
Speaker 6: And y'all got to get some communication set up because obviously he's thinking some things that you're not thinking. So you need to get on the same page. And many is my house too, But you want to say it's just my house. But I can tell you right now, if you go do something in the spare room at the house, you got to run that by the woman. Because what you don't know, young man, is you finna have a level of non. You're gonna have some non. He's in your house.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be at a level you've never understood before. Crazy, that's crazy. They just got Hey, now I'm not sleeping in different rooms. Let's just stop that. What's wrong?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, time stop today?
Speaker 7: And better fact, I don't even like the person writing then, because First of all, my uncle is for me.
Speaker 2: I don't need him helping you. He got enough problems with me. You don't have no time for you. Take yours and lay out between you and Elie. I'm finna lose my damn mond. All right.
Speaker 9: For another one, Steve uh This is from Quincy and Annapolis. Quincy says, I'm a forty year old single man and I let a female friend stay with me and my girlfriend for a month. It was my girlfriend's idea, so I went with it. My girlfriend knows that I had sex with a girl when I was in my twenties. My friend left last week, and now my girlfriend has planned a girls get away with my friend and some other females. I am not comfortable with them getting close. My friend knows all of my secrets. Am I tripping or should I be happy? They're friendly?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You should be tripping to you still, you need to be trip all.
Speaker 1: We happened twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Dog, I don't care. You used to sleep with this woman.
Speaker 6: Your girl know it, and then asked you to come over to the house. You don't let her live with y'all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Slept with the woman for a month that don't make no damn sense. Now they going on a girl trip together. I don't know what to tell you, y'all. You should have never let her come to your house. You would have said, hey, look I'm not bringing passed into our current relationship.
Speaker 2: I refuse.
Speaker 1: It's too late now because the girl's trip is coming.
Speaker 2: Well, let him go and she know all your secrets. They gonna get to talk to me. All this is on you. You just coming out how they know each other? Don't What did he used to do that?
Speaker 1: He's afraid that she might tell everything?
Speaker 2: Sex? Har friend, half friend friend, the body count don't come out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Why is he so scared his body count? Why they broke why they broke up, it's don't come out. They're gonna fall out. She's gonna be like, girl, my man be putting it down.
Speaker 6: I know, like that.
Speaker 1: Does he do this to you girl? He used to do that to me.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but this is in their twenties though, just yeah, But anyway, I know they're forty.
Speaker 1: Now, so twenty years ago. But it doesn't matter. You're saying, don't.
Speaker 2: Bring your pass into your feature minutes. You're gonna mess around.
Speaker 12: It won't have.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so he's not tripping.
Speaker 2: No, you're tripping. You know, you crazy? You should have never even why they know each other? Probably from them, Yeah, but why you know each other?
Speaker 1: Well, why are they staying together?
Speaker 2: That's why you're not on this y now? All right?
Speaker 9: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, So here's a question that's been trending on baller Alert. Guys, here's a question.
Speaker 9: You have thirty minutes, thirty minutes to spend one hundred thousand dollars in only one store?
Speaker 1: What store is it going? Where are you going? Junior?
Speaker 2: You're your what store you're going? Naming? Marcus? I'm there?
Speaker 1: Three outfits, three suits, I'm out a hundred thout three suits.
Speaker 2: No, you ain't o no estreme. Okay, where I need to go?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: Come on, Timmy, I need to go Tommy?
Speaker 8: Well, okay, where would you go? I would be a sax I like sax, I'll be a sax And where are you gonna be in there? For a hundred I'm going to get all my money work for a hundred?
Speaker 1: What are you doing for a while?
Speaker 2: Where would you go?
Speaker 1: Probably Tos or Sacks buy some jewelry.
Speaker 2: You go to the wash stow, that's it.
Speaker 1: Would you buy a jewelry why not?
Speaker 2: Saxo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the story I can think of. Go there and buy some jewelry.
Speaker 2: Where would you go?
Speaker 13: Same Placemens if you know I love Nemens, sax whatever, Walmart?
Speaker 2: Wow, ball out.
Speaker 1: Get some stuff from my house?
Speaker 14: Yes, well you can out by an actual Walmart one hundred thousands.
Speaker 2: As pro shop being there about the vomit redo warm redo all my fish and tackle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna give me a couple of boats. Yeah, all right, a couple of boats. I'm finna go get a couple boats.
Speaker 1: Now, would you right now? After this you're listening hard Morning Show. It is time now for a round of would you rather?
Speaker 9: Would you rather drive from New York to l a drive or would you rather fly in a middle seat in the back of the planet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm taking both arm wrists, I know that, but you're gonna be by I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm strong with my elbow.
Speaker 8: I know that elbow games, middle seat, middle seed in the bag. I don't want to drive drive three day.
Speaker 2: Coast.
Speaker 9: You can stop at BUCkies though, Yeah, you just slurfer on or can you Bucky's in New York.
Speaker 3: And l A.
Speaker 2: Cho You got to get that shop brisk.
Speaker 1: What about you Steve drive from New York to l a or fight.
Speaker 6: I ain't got that kind of time. I'm gonna get in that middle seat, but I'm gonna buy him two other seat stuff. He got a whole rope. Yeah, I'm gonna know who's sitting there. I'm gonna buy it in middle seat. I'm gonna buy that isle in that window. Yeah, I'll be in the middle seat.
Speaker 9: Would you rather shower without using soap or brush your teeth without using toothpaste?
Speaker 4: Of the as.
Speaker 2: You're not accomplishing anything, well, what is your end game?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take the shower without the soap, because if you do it right, you can still get clean. You know, you can get the funk off of you that nothing you can get out your mouth without you guys to get something up in your mouth. You can't watch. You can't have no water in there. Talking about I brushed my teeth.
Speaker 2: No, you can all right?
Speaker 9: Would you rather compete in a bodybuilding contest or would you rather be a part time stripper?
Speaker 2: Either way, we ain't got that kind of bodies. I say one thing.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna win the competition, but I showed can make something work as a stripper. I'm gonna be a lazy, fat stripper, but it's working.
Speaker 2: But I tell you right now, Jun, I don't go to mail strip shows, but when you come out, I want to be there. I just want to be on row three.
Speaker 1: You're gonna compete in the bodybuilding or you're gonna be I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna get in this bodybuilding. They're gonna be laughing either way. So he.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you right now, the old stripper ain't a good look. I'm gonna just tell you that right now.
Speaker 2: This mine, But I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna tell you Miss Margaret gonna be so entertained with me.
Speaker 2: I got Miss Margaret, Steve, you should have picked the difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, No, she's gonna be old, but she gonna love me. All right, that's today's round.
Speaker 2: Fish. They jump off. Now our last break of the day. I thought it was Margint. What are we doing this problem?
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we are, guys, last break of the day on this Monday.
Speaker 6: Wow, okay, guys, listen, I want to do my closes remark because I want to remind you something uh uh uh Madam. Vice President Kamala Harris called me on Friday while I was on the set and asked her speak to me and wanted me to share this information with everybody because she said, and quote this is kind of what she said, I don't want to come to your town, and I let you know what's going on because you know we're in Atlanta. She's been to our house, She's been to my home in Atlanta, and the radio staff was there to meet with and everything. So we have a great relationship and I just wanted to share what she's coming to Atlanta today for Today Atlanta Live at two forty five pm Eastern. You can watch what I'm about to share with you live from Atlanta at two forty five Eastern at white House dot gov slash Live, white House dot gov slash Live and the Vice President's Economic Opportunity Tool kicks off today in Atlanta. The purpose of the tour Everybody is to raise awareness of how the Biden ad ministryations economic policies benefit minority communities and This is important because everybody's been asking what have they done for black people.
Speaker 2: More than most? And so now I'm gonna hep you this and this is especially for black men. You need to know this.
Speaker 6: Each stop is gonna include partner organizations, federal agencies that provide much needed resources to scale a business, to find a new idea, to lower your financial debt, and to build wealth. The audiences will include black business owners, community banks, and federal agencies that help with access to capital and reduce financial debt. Now, after today's kickoff event in Atlanta, Vice President Harris is gonna hold an event in Detroit next week, so it goes from Atlanta to Detroit.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 6: Additional dates and locations are going to be announced soon. But today at two forty five in Atlanta, you can watch it live online at white House dot gov slash live. Each stop, the Vice President's gonna highlight how the Biden Harris administration has delivered historic investments in small businesses, with the fastest creation of black owned small businesses in more than thirty years. So all of is talk about what has the Biden administration done for our community? I will say it again, more than most, and we haven't heard announcements like this, and I don't know when now. Also, it's gonna highlight the record number of jobs, including two point six million jobs for black workers, that were created while achieving the lowest black unemployment rate on record that was done over the past four years with.
Speaker 2: The Biden administration. Y'all, you need to know the facts.
Speaker 6: Then they're gonna highlight how the medical debt was erased by capping the cost of insulin for seniors who amongst us, don't know somebody purchasing insulin who And they've been expanding access to healthcare with tax credits that led to a forty nine percent increase in Black Americans who are enrolled in Affordable Care Act. The Affordable Care Act is what the Republicans were so vehemently wanting to call Obamacare and did a whole campaign on when they get in they gonna repeal and replace Obamacare. Didn't do it when they got in because they found out it was good for the nation and their constituencies not only needed it but wanted it. So congratulations for hanging on to that and increase in that. And then they're gonna highlight how housing was made more affordable and childcare costs were lowered by securing thirty percent increase in funding for the Childcare Development Block grant. All of that childcare stuff got erased when Trump was president.
Speaker 2: Y'all forget that. I don't took back all those guild.
Speaker 6: Things because you know, they claim that they don't like giving, and they don't just claim it, they stop it. They took all of that. The Biden administration put it all back in there. And you can watch the day's event again here in Atlanta live at two forty five Eastern at white House dot gov slash live, white House dot gov slash live.
Speaker 2: Check it out, and y'all listen, learn and pay attention to the facts, okay.
Speaker 6: Because this administration really has been working too hard for your vote and they deserve it. And now let me get on this here right here, all y'all blacks that's for Trump. I want to ask you to ask yourself, when has Trump been for blacks? Y'all always jumping to y'all love to jump on new stuff. We the blacks for Trump. Why you're so busy? Wan't somebody that like your ass that much that you got to could a T shirt that say Blacks for Trump, when Trump ain't got a damn thing on him, saying Trump's for blacks. I remember when he was in that thing, he was soprised to see. He was so surprised to see that black dudeling all. He said, there goes my African American boy, and y'all rappers. Man, Are y'all for real?
Speaker 2: Man? What's wrong with y'all? Y'all get hip to what's really going on. Get off that old bullcrap bandwagon, man, and get on what's really happening.
Speaker 6: We got to secure this country for the less fortunate. We got to secure this country man, for other people. It ain't about your damn rap career. Here trying to say something just to get on the bandwagon. You're gonna get on the bandwagon that's on five and they gonna set show ass on five. Y'all tripping man, Blacks for Trump when Trump ain't for blacks. Get on my last nerve with that mess. All right, have a nice day. Talk to God. He'd love to hear from you. Please talk to God and quit listening to these ignorant ass people talking about blacks for Trump when Trump ain't for blacks.
Speaker 2: I wish I would be for Trump.
Speaker 9: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show