Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Football Podcast. It is me Joey P joe P Zapia, and the NFL Draft is in the rear view mirror. However, the NFL season is right in front of the windshield, and we're gonna help you prepare for that long drive towards twenty twenty four. To help me, of course, in this car, I'm gonna put them in the back seat with the child locks on, especially on the windows. It's de Bro Derek Brown, the King of Bros. And of course our college football expert over from Betting Pros, the man behind the thor five hundred, Thorn Eistrom, And we are gonna do the draft grades for the AFC here today and for the NFC as well. And the thing is, everybody's doing their draft grades. However, the difference here is thorn Eistram, because Thorn Eistram, the Minnesota mad Man, has a little bit extra behind his draft grade. So let's talk about why what we're gonna do today is a little bit different from your perspective because you've got a little fancy algorithm working here. But I think the people need to know about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every year when I do my draft grades, it's right after when the draft gets done on Saturday, I run ROI on them. You know, with the five hundred board, the draft slots, you have the trade chart, and I have a modified trade chart with mine, so you know, every slot has a point total that is put on it. And then you do the same thing with the five hundred board, so every prospect on that they get assigned a point total and then you end up seeing, you know, with the team what value they got on every single pick. And then you just run the numbers after the draft happens, and you end up seeing what ROI every team got on their class. And that's basically how I end up doing the grades, doing it on a bell curve. I do give credit for, of course hitting team needs in addition, and then things like draft day trades what you got in the value on that. So those are a couple of extra factors that are added to that, but the biggest weight on that is ROI that you got in your slots.
Speaker 1: Now, the eye test matters too, and from a fantasy perspective, debro is going to give us his draft raids based off of those. So let's dive into it. Let's just jump in with two feet here and let's start alphabetically with the AFC and let's begin with the Baltimore Ravens here. Now, the Baltimore Ravens historically a team that always makes the most of what they're given, and usually they are picking late in most rounds. But they went and addressed to need a corner. They went ahead and got some pieces there on the edge on the offensive line as well. So thor what does the algorithm say about the grade when it comes to the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 2: I give the Ravens a B minus for what they did over the weekend. They went with Nate Wiggins in the first round. That was their most interesting decision of what they did because it was a binary thing. The primary needs that they had heading in it was cornerback and offensive tackle. And you had that crazy scenario in the first round where all the offensive tackles were getting sucked up the board, and the decision for the Ravens there it was you had Tyler Geiden getting taken one slot above them. So that's why they end up taking Nate Wiggins in the thirtieth slot. So I was fine with that selection then, so you defer off offensive tackle in the first round. Then in the second round they end up taking Roger rosen Garten with a sixty second pick. I think I would have taken Kingsley Sua Mattea who ends up going one pick after rosen Garten, a minor net pick, but certainly that would have been my preference. The rest of their picks were fine. You know, they end up getting teses Walker a little bit after that. Deebro and I were a little bit lower on tes Walker. Turns out the NFL was as well. But the Ravens got him basically right around where he was on my board, the one hundred and thirteen slot. They got him one hundred and nineteenth. I love the value they got on TJ. Tampa at one hundred and thirtieth. The NFL was punitive to the Iowa state cornerback. He was fiftieth on my board, but they ended up knocking him down because of the testing. But a very good guy on his collegiate tape there in the Big twelve. But overall, I give the Ravens a B minus for their effort.
Speaker 1: De bro Astore mentioned not a very heavy fantasy draft here. They did draft avontees Walker later on. There also Rashid Ali, the running back from Marshall. So anything from fantasy perspective here, you can grade at however you want here overall, obviously from a football standpoint, it does matter what you do on the offensive line. We know that, and from the defensive aspect too. But what do you give the Ravens here from twenty twenty four draft grade?
Speaker 3: It's funny Thor and I are handholding. I gave him a B minus two. I liked some of the early picks and things like that. I love Thor's mention of you know, the way that the offensive line went. But for me looking at the skill needs and just from a fantasy perspective, man, I mean they still have some needs on the offensive line, Like I still have worries about this offensive line, considering the right side. They lost both these guys. Yes, they address tackle, but they still have big guard needs. Tes Walker in the fourth why I don't disagree with the value. It's just an uninspiring pick. I mean, we know what he's going to be in the NFL. He's raw, he's a field stretcher. He's a player that I'm going to be there's just other better players on the board in the fourth round, which I already updated my rookie ranks and Dynasty ranks overall on fantasypros dot Com already, so hope people are checking those out. But tes Walker is a player I'll be avoiding in Dynasty rookie drafts. If anything, this just makes it more clear cut that this passing offense is gonna run, especially underneath with Andrews and Flowers leaning the way, and to be honest, obj out the door. Tes Walker's all they brought in. If you have any hope at all for Rashad Bateman, this gives you a little bit of sliver of hope. I can't say that I'm there anymore, but I got to mention it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're finally catching up to me. I was gone earlier last year. I pulled that car away that Uber's left the station Buffalo Bills. Obviously they had to need a wide receiver. Ironically or oddly enough, they kind of moved out of that first round into the second to address it with Keyon Coleman thor did they, in your opinion, come away with what they needed, because the rest of this draft year. From the Bill's perspective, again, they needed safety help, they needed to replace Poyer. Did they do enough replacing the pieces that have been Jettis and buy them in the offseason.
Speaker 2: I think they did a good job of hitting their needs. And the other thing I'll give them is they did show discretion, like you mentioned in trading down a couple of times, and then they they did take Coleman at the top of the second there, and they they took advantage of Disco Dan Morgan and his bizarre decision to give them free draft equity to swap slots there. And we'll talk about that more when we hit the Carolina Panthers and our NFC one, because I have more thoughts on that. But the Bills profited from free draft equity tossed their way in that one. But just you know, as far as the Bills go in the decisions they made in the slots that they picked in Coleman, you know, again the discretion where you get the draft equity and then moved down. You know, I thought that that was good and he certainly does feel a need and he's a good fit for Allen in terms of the Keon Coleman's game getting downfield. He's the good contested catch guy former basketball player for to Mizzo Keon, Coleman's best thing is getting up in the air and jumping higher than you, and then he's got the ball skills. He's not going to separate from anyone though in the intermedia area, not going to give you much utility there. I had him forty six on my board. It's possible you could have moved down just a little bit lower to get him. There was a couple other receivers on the board I liked just a little bit more than him. I did like the cole Bishop pick. It was their selections later on, where by and large I disagreed with most of them. I did like a couple of them, Javon Sullivan, for instance, later on the Troy edge rusher, who was prolific with his sack numbers, long arms, but undersize Outside of that, very relentless. He's a kid that I like. But some of the other picks. I just was not there with Brandon Bean this year like I generally am. So that's why I ended up giving the Bills a C minus this year.
Speaker 1: C minus from Thor Debro again there were some wide receivers on the board that we all discussed that night, and if you missed it, you can go back and watch our live stream and our live reactions. See the draft is up there on the YouTube channel. But Debro, we were sort of I get underwhelmed a little bit. Is that how the grade ended up as well?
Speaker 3: For you? Yeah, I bounced between giving them a S. I did give them a C minus, but I bounced between a C minus and a D plus. I thought their draft was wretched if you look at now. They did fill needs with wide receiver and safety net. But for me, I'm not a high on Keon Coleman, which I mean won't surprise anybody if you've been listening to the NFL Draft Show and Fantasy Pros. But Keon Coleman, Yes, they filled a need, but I look at this as Buffalo is sending signal that this is going to be not a force. All the targets to Keon Coleman's I think he's going to be criminally overdrafted in dynasty rookie drafts. I've got him as a late second, early third pick in my updated rankings, and really there's nothing I mean, tell me if this gets you excited, Joe. Over the last two years, Keon Coleman yards per route run, he has ranked one hundred and seventy fifth and one hundred and seventh PFF receiving grade one hundred and forty eighth and seventy ninth. There's not a lot to get really excited outside of people to talk about the testing or highlight real stuff. So Keyon Coleman. I'm not in on it, man. I thought they could have gone another direction, selected a different and a better wide receiver where they went, and if you keep moving on the board, I think this just makes Dalton kin Kay that much more of a smash this year. I think he's gonna lead the Buffalo bills and targets and if you look after Week six last season amongst sixty two qualifying tight ends eighth and target chair tenth and targets per route run twelfth in yards per route run, He's gonna absolutely crush this season. And the fourth round selection of Ray Davis will I do not hate Ray Davis as a player, and I've already seen a lot of takes out on social media, but oh, Ray Davis had receiving touchdowns in college and Ray Davis is coming for the past game work, James Cook and stuff. Do you realize that James Cook like one of his best skill sets coming out of college and what we've seen in the NFL is as a receiver. So people are getting out over their skis with all this rookie fomo and they're you know, two weeks ago is like I hate this rookie running back class, and now they're like, all fourth round Ray Davis, He's coming for the job of James Cook. I'm not there, having been there, not going to be there. James Cook after last year, after Week ten, was tenth in targets per route run, fourth and receiving yards per game, and second in yards per out run amongst all running backs. So I'm not that worried about Ray Davis, especially as much as the consensus, but definitely not in love with the Buffalo Bills draft.
Speaker 1: All right, Championships are built on the lines, typically speaking, and the Cincinnati Bengals started their draft that way. It's a good offensive tackle, the defensive tankle Chris Jenkins there. Then they did address again the elephant the room, which is what's going on with t Higgins. So we're gonna draft another wide receiver, so thor we start to look back at the dust settling from the Cincinnati Bengals. How did they make out in terms of what they did with their draft equity?
Speaker 2: This is a draft class that I gave a C two where I am guaranteeing that I'm going to be wrong. In a decade. This draft class is either going to be an A or it is going to be an F. And the reason for that is what the Bengals did was swing from the heels in their slide and they shot for the moon and so they went boom or bust in for you know, And that's what they did. So what I did in my grading and my methodology, you I mean, I have to split the middle on this thing in terms of grading it. That's why they got to see. But that ain't how this thing is going to end. You know, we're just split in the middle and the way we're judging it in this moment. But you know, they started out with this thing. Set the tone early with the Marius Mims. Marius Mims has all the talent in the world. Kid who's six foot eight, three hundred and forty pounds ninety six percentile athlete, and we have seen all the flashes at Georgia, but he started only eight games. He has already had two lower body injuries, and his very short time there will he hold up at the NFL level with those lower body injuries in that enormous frame, that's you know what we're going to have to see on that. I do trust the physical ability with him. He has played well against top competition in that brief time, but my bigger concern is the is the lower body just because we haven't seen the sample size. We've already seen those couple injuries. The Chris Jenkins pick in the second round, that was the one higher floor pick they did. His father, obviously is the NFL stud and Chris Jenkins was a multi year starter on the championship teams at Michigan well coached. Was a Feltman, freaklisser, et cetera. But then you know they hit it down the fairway one time with the safer pick and then it went right back to shooting the moon. Jermaine Burton was the all time shoot the moon pick at receiver. Deebro and I we and especially Deebro just absolutely adore the film on Jermaine Burton, but big time character concerns with Jermaine Burton. I had heard the multiple teams had taken him off their their draft board, talked about the character concerns. All process, it just is what it is, you know, talked about how he had taken a swipe when there was a crowd storming during the Tennessee game when he was in college. Different stuff like that. So I was kind of surprised he ended up going in the third round based on some of that stuff. Obviously Cincinnati likes the tape, and of course he liked the tape, but he has to stay focused on the field for that to play up. The one that I loved of their shoot, the moon Ethos was the early fourth round pick of Eric All, who has Eric speaking of all the ability in the world in this poor tight end class after brock Bauers, there was so few quality receivers. Eric All easily has the second best receive I mean, he's the second best receiving tight end in this class bar none. But will his body hold up in the NFL. He had a couple of years ago the back injury where he left Michigan then and then last year he does come back when he transfers to Iowa, immediately plays the beginning of the season, he was playing awesome, then he tears his ACL ends up declaring for the draft. Some people thought he was you know, he was ranked lower on boards throughout the industry. Dee Bro and I were very very ball ash. Turns out the Bengals were too. I love that that shoot the moon call. He is exactly what the doctor ordered for Joe Burrow and the guy that we have been calling out for the Bengals two draft. If Eric all ends up staying healthy in the NFL, he will be an abject Steele. But overall for this class, end up giving him a seat for those reasons.
Speaker 1: So it's a little ricky Bobby. You're their first or last year with this one, so I know there's some names there that you really like though the later ones. So would you end up giving the Bengals here in a grade?
Speaker 3: I because they picked two of the guys off of my guy's list for this class. I gave him a B plus and I was almost near an A. And okay, I'm just with the I'm with the swing from the heels. I'm absolutely in line with everything Thor said, and to add on top of here with Jermain Burton, he entered the process and I get the off field stuff, but the tape and the analytics back it up. He entered the processes my wide receiver ten. After the post draft, he's my wide receiver nine. Maybe they still move on from T Higgins. Even if they don't, I think he starts in three wide receiver sets from day one, and he's a stud man ninety percentile versus single coverage last year. And again hammering on what Thord already mentioned about Eric Hall, we have waxed poetic about him on the NFL Draft Show, and I'll add this to it. I love and we'll talk about the Ben Sennett later. If Eric All would have stayed healthy the entire year, he would have been the clear tight end two of this draft class. He was entering the draft my tight end three. He exits my tight end three. I will draft eric All in trade into Dynasty rookie drafts to get him every single place that I can, because he needs to be on all the rosters in Dynasty. As a player over the last two years when he's gonered, at least twenty targets in college tenth in yards per route run thirty yards per out run. Before he left last season due to injury, he was seventh amongst all FBS tight ends and receiving yards eleventh and miss tackles forced. He finished the year Joey still leading the nation amongst all tight ends in FBS with at least ten man coverage targets in yards per route run. We talked about that metric last year with Sammy ballgame and why people need to be high on him. They need to do the same thing with Eric Hall. You can bypass, don't don't reach for brock Bauers in dynasty rookie drafts. Just allow the beautiful value of Eric Hall to grace your dynasty rosters.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Debro is all in there on all Cleveland Browns did not have a first round pick, which makes it tough sometimes to get a really good grade. I'm sure from four. But when you step back four and you look at what the Cleveland Browns did do with the picks that they had, what did you make of their grade?
Speaker 2: I like that you set it up that way because I want to make the point that a lack of draft equity or the bad trades that led you to have a lack of draft equity. I don't bake that into my grading methodology. I'm only judging the ball where it lies when you make those picks.
Speaker 1: And the Cleveland good golf metaphors of the show today, I'll get it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get a happy Gilmour one in at some point today, Joey. The Browns earned the D plus that I gave them because of those picks. The one that I liked was the first one right out the gate, Michael Hall from Ohio State. There was a lot of symmetry with that one. First of all, it hit the Browns biggest need with a local kid in Hall at at you know, getting their position of biggest need, and and at that position it was about to fall off the shelf. Hall was the last interior defense alignment before there was a big tear drop. There a three technique in Michael Hall that crashes into the backfield, one of those those gap shooting guys. But again, like there was a big talent drop after that. But speaking of dropping off after that, the Browns class I didn't like the rest of what they did. We all assumed that Zach zintered there was gonna be last year Andre Vorhee's from US. He dropped into the seventh round because he was injured. He was a great college garden and then he was injured. Coming into the process, we also assumed that something similar is going to happen with Zach Zinter. Instead, it seemed like the Browns overdrafted Zack's center from where he would have been if he was healthy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Jamari Thrash, I thought they they overdrafted him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The only other pick that I liked of there is I do like Bookie Watson, the Missippi State line backer that the Browns tuck. I just love his game. He's he's not the most physically gifted guy, but he's just one of those He's like a William Wallace, like go down on the sword kind of a guy. He's just fun to watch. But there are other picks at the end there. I didn't love those ones either, So I just thought a series of reaches on the rest of the pick, so I had to give him a D plus.
Speaker 5: De bro What was your grade of the Cleveland Brown f absolute f You can talk about Michael Hall filling a knee, but the rest of these picks just felt like you.
Speaker 3: Just I don't know what the hell they're doing. I'll just leave it at that. Like I like Jamari Thrash and we talked about him previously in the NFL Draft Show, but I'm firmly convinced outside of the Amari Cooper trade, this team has no clue about how to evaluate wide receivers. You trade for Jerry Judy, good luck with that. You traded for Elijah Moore, I mean again, good luck with that?
Speaker 1: One was interesting. I think all of us thought, well, okay, let's get him with an actual quarterback. But the problem was again that's still the big question. We still haven't seen an actual quarter But this is the this is the problem. Right, would you make that big move for Deshaun Watson? You go all in. If it doesn't work, it's really hard to reach.
Speaker 3: The rudderless ship. Joeys dead in the water.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll try to rudder us back to shore. See what we do here, let's go. I don't know if it's gonna get any better here. Talk about back to back in alphabetical order. This is how we're doing it. We're not trying to pile on in the AFC. But the Denver Broncos, our next Thor n Eystrom. It wasn't all that shocking that bo Nicks for us went where he went. We had done some mocks where we just said, up, this is their pick, They're gonna go ahead and take their guy, and on draft night they did. They did exactly that, but they did get Troy Franklin at a discount.
Speaker 3: Later on.
Speaker 1: There were a few other selections they made here at the wider zever selection spot there and as well as excuse me, the wide receiver position and as well as an edge rusher two with Ellis. What are your thoughts on the Denver Broncos how they grade out for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've done the whole Bonix thing so many different I'm not even going to delve into that. People know my thoughts. If you don't, you can read any of the things, watch the live show, watch all the different shows we did on that. I thought it was an utter abomination of a pick. I complimed to Kenny.
Speaker 6: What do you really think the call the thing that I'll say I will I thought that they guaranteed themselves one of the two yearly afs that I give out in the Bell Curve methodology that I do with my grading.
Speaker 2: The compliment that I will give to Sean Payton and crew is that they somehow got up to a D, which means that they also climbed above the two yearly D minuses that I give in the Bell curve. How did they salvage this despite picking a guy that I gave mid round three grade too at pick twelve in Bonex. The Jonah Ellis pick at seventy six was strong Utah edge rusher. Then the Troy Franklin pick in one oh two I thought was inspired of course bo Nix's collegiate teammate, the wide receiver. I think that they might end up that Frey Franklin might end up giving them more long term value than Bonex their first round pick. We'll have to see on that, but yeah, I mean Troy Franklin certainly gave Bonex a lot of yardage that he did not deserve in college with the yack stuff, so we'll see about that. But I also love the Chris Abrams Drain pick at one forty five, a very feisty cornerback who's undersized, but from Missouri. That's why he ended up falling down. Not the best athlete either, but like the play style, he's very skilled. Stuff like that. Odrick Estime Ericson's boy ends up going there as well. A guy that if he hits his ceiling, he looks a lot like Chris Carson. So the rest of the picks outside of Bonecks, even the last couple of packs I thought were pretty good as well. So down the board outside of the Bonex pick, I thought that they did decent. So they went from what would have been an off to salvaging a D.
Speaker 1: Deebro You're grade for the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 3: We're riding together with this. I almost gave them an F. I gave him a D just because the Bonix pick was so atrocious. And I will state this for Dynasty rookie drafts. I will be avoiding Bonicks in every Dynasty rookie draft. I get the reasons to select him, and I understand the first round draft capital. We did that with Mac Jones didn't work out. We did that with Kenny Pickett, didn't work out. People will talk about it as a process pick, and you get QB two type of production out of him in Dynasty, good luck with that. It's not going to move the needle for any of your dynasty teams. So I will go with skilled players. I would go the other route. I with Thor, I thought Franklin was a fantastic value, especially as well as with Audric Estime. The NFL was worried about his size. I guess with Troy Franklin, I'm not that worried. Now I did drop him. I had him, and this is total clarity. I had him as my wide receiver four pre draft. He has dropped to a wide receiver eleven. He's my twenty second overall player in Superflex. I think he is a really, really good value because this is the depth chart he's competing against Joey. He got Courtland Sutton, Josh Reynolds, Marvin Mems, Adam Troutman, and Dulcic Like this is it's lackluster. So can Troy Franklin ascend to this depth chart and eventually be the wide receiver one, especially we're talking about the chemistry that he does have with Bo Nicks. It's definitely possible. And I'll add on top of the estimate pick too, I thought Thor I mean laid it out perfectly. Javonte Williams is also an unrestricted free agent next year, so they don't have to. They gonna let him walk and they have their early down compliment. But we also have to mention very quickly, wheel's up for Julia McLoughlin with all the screens and the underneath stuff that's coming. With bo Nix now under center, Julia mclofflin, I threw the saddle next, and I was, of course making a joke. I was like, he's gonna get a hundred and twenty screen targets. Now that he's not gonna hit that number, but I believe he Again, I've talked about him in numerous shows already that I think he's gonna be a fantas astic value. He is going to be better than people are getting him credit for. And now with this marriage of a quarterback that loved to check down and throw underneath, I think Julia McLoughlin is the real, real, big winner, and a lot of people are not gonna be talking about him this week.
Speaker 1: The Houston Texans had a great draft last year. They got their franchise QB, they got the leader of their defense. But for it seems like a different set of circumstances for twenty twenty four for the Texans.
Speaker 2: For you, Yeah, we gave them their flowers last year, so let's let's toss some cold water on him this year. Houston, you get a D minus. This year. It went the other way this year. Didn't have the first round pick. But again that's that we don't We don't grade you on draft equity, just how you did in your slots. Didn't love it. The first pick was a forty two Kamari Lassiter. I don't. I didn't like Kamari Lassiter's game, the lack of footspeed. I saw him get torched over the top several times on tape. You have to move him inside. It that in terms of the slot guys that there was other slot guys that I liked, if it's the pure slot projection. At fifty nine they took Blake Fisher. I realized that the offensive tackles were getting yanked up to port. Maybe you should have prioritized that at the forty two pick instead of yanking up Kamari Lassiter. There was just some three dimensional chess decisions like that where I thought Houston was getting caught behind. And it's like, man, if you guys had all Thursday, we're got enough to do anything. Maybe you should have thought some of these things through when you were watching on TV. The environment that you were in just seems like they were a step behind, and some of these decisions. I was scratching my hat. Great process last year, this one wasn't so good.
Speaker 1: Debro, Were you in the same spot here with thor where it was kind of a disappointing considering how good last year was for the Texans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I gave them a D. I almost went with an F the few fantasy guys that they did draft. I mean as far as skill position stuff, like Kate Stover, he's buried in my ranks. He's my tight end seven for rookies. Dalton Schultz is going to be the starter for the next two years. That pick was head scratching, especially when you just gave the new contract to Dalton Schultz and you already had Brevin Jordan on the team and Juir Jordan going in the sixth round. He's gonna help the team, but I don't care about him in as far as dynasty goes, because he's gonna help the team as a kick returner, so I'm avoiding him. He's not even on my board or taxi squad grouping.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on next to the Indianapolis Colts as a team that I am very excited about in twenty twenty four with Anthony Richardson hopefully coming back healthy and some of the pieces they have in place there. They started with edge, then they went wide receiver, which again I'm sure that's gonna be one we talked about with Mitchell as a guy that was not as high on these guys boards as some other people's boards. But Thor, what did you make of the Colts draft here when you step back from it.
Speaker 2: I didn't have any real problems with this one. But for me, this is like a kind of hit it down the fairway kind of a draft. I really like the first pick in Lot too from UCLA. They stopped the record of the run at the beginning with the first fourteenth straight offensive players, So congratulations. See anyone that was holding a lot to first defender off the board ticket, you obviously have cashed that ticket by now. And I like that decision by the Colts. A Lot too, was the best pass rusher in this class. Not sure that it was closed there. The Colts medical team obviously felt comfortable with his medicals. You know, a couple of years before that at Washington he had medically retired. Everyone out there knows everything about that, so we won't get into that. But the last two years at UCLA when he came back, that guy was a devastating pass rusher. He has all the athleticism you want, six five, two hundred and sixty pounds in a ninety fourth percentile athleticism package, and then the ridiculous pass rushing moves. You know, I called him a jukebox with He not only has all the pass rushing moves, the deep grab ag of the reservoir of pass rushing moves, but he just cycles through them so fast. So it's like he's such a frustrating past of a guy to go against for the offensive tackles because they'll shut one down and then he just cycles through him go, you know, and you have to shut one down, shut one down, shut one down. He just keeps going, going going, just relentless and infectious energy guy that you know. We were hearing him down in Mobile. He was, you know, encouraging to all of his teammates. You would hear him from the stands, you know when when someone had an energetic play, a hustle play, running too the sidelines. It was always a lot to you know, uh uh, you know, encouraging them and yelling and stuff like that. So I just love that pick. Donna Mitchell falls the middle of the second round that the Colts ended up taking him. Dee Brow and I were not fans of a Donna Mitchell, but getting him where the Colts got him, zero problem with that, and he fills the exact role that that Debro and I were advocating that the Colts plug which is wide receiver to pop the top, uh force the defense have the second safety over the top, helping out on that side because of the Anthony Richardson thing and then the spacing thing right and and and now you can't have the spy and everything like that. That that will help the spacing now with the box as well, you thin that thing out. I thought it was a decent draft that the day too was kind of man for me in the r O. I you know, like I said, just sort of hitting it down the middle, but a decent draft.
Speaker 1: I give it as all right, d Bro, do you have a little bit tougher of a time getting out of this Colts draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt like there was some definite not reaches, but some head scratching picks. Like again, I'm not a fan of Adie Mitchell's game. I do understand the fit that he has for the cults, and that's where it's gonna come down, Like he's just gonna running clear outs. So I was told he was a lock to go in the round one. I was told that he was an ex receiver. I was told all these fantastic things in the entire process by people about that loved Adie Mitchell. Have him been there not there? I think that he went about. I don't disagree with the value. I just disagree that I feel like, considering the role that he will play, there are there were better wide receivers still on the board. So Adie Mitchell look late second, early third round pick. As far as dynasty rookie drafts, if you want a guy that's going to give you streaky NBS type of production, the Nady Mitchell's your guy. But yeah, I give the Colts a little bit tougher greade. I gave him a d.
Speaker 1: Now the Jacksonville Jaguars traded back. They end up getting Brian Thomas Junior from LSU. They went defensive tackle than cornered the first few picks forour What do you think of the Jaguars draft?
Speaker 2: The trading down at the beginning, that was what I liked that they did. You know, obviously they had targeted Brian Thomas and they were able to get good value on the trade down. Then you end up taking Thomas at a more acceptable price point. I had Brian Thomas number twenty six on my board. They end up taking him twenty third. I'm not going to quibble too hard about that. I com Brian Thomas to Christian Watson. I think that they'll He'll do just find in Jacksonville. The rest of the class I thought was okay. They slightly reached in my opinion on Mason Smith. Mason Smith is a total boomer Bus proposition. He has all the tools you want, six five three oh six, eighty fifth percentile athlete. He has that physical tool set. He sort of reminds me of Javon Kinlaw when Javon Kinlaw was coming out of South Carolina. But it's just the total tool set that he was, like this top twenty five recruit coming out of high school that did not ever flower out at LSU. So will Jacksonville be able to figure that out? We'll see. But they are speaking of shooting the moon. That was what was happening with that pick. The rest of this class, I didn't know really what they were doing. Beyond that, I disagreed with a lot of the rest of their picks. That's why I ended up giving Jacksonville a D plus for their efforts.
Speaker 1: All Right, d Bro, would you make of the Jags?
Speaker 3: Give him a C minus? I mean I've waivered back and forth C minus or a D. The guy that I really want to highlight here is Brian Thomas Junior. I mean, considering where they got him, I don't disagree again, a player that I think much like Ady Mitchell. His game is a little more limited. He's going to stretch the field. I just felt like it was duplicity with them already signing Gabe Davis and people could hate that.
Speaker 1: But if Brantis jor same thing, I thought too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, like with Brian Thomas Junior, I think a lot's getting lost in the sauce as far as all the LSU and the Jane Daniels stuff. If we want to talk about Okay, did Brian Thomas Junior and those receivers make Jane Daniels or was it the other way around? I think emphatically in the case of Brian Thomas Junior, it was definitely the way round, with Jane Daniels making his grade. Now, he tested great, but none of these numbers jump off the page. Ninety second and two hundred and ninetieth and PFF receiving grade of the last two years. The guy that I think that the fallout of this is I'm going to draft a ton of Christian Kirk this year. You're gonna have Brian Thomas Junior and Gabe Davis stretching the field. Tons of room underneath is going to be available for Christian Kirk and Evan Ingram. Christian Kirk last year weeks two through twelve was the wide receiver nineteen and fantasy points per game. He will not be valued like that with everybody you know gravitating probably to the shiny new toy and Brian Thomas Junior. I'm all in on Kirk.
Speaker 1: The back to back Super Bowl champions are up next to the Kansas City Chiefs before we get to them. By now, well, most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager. But the question is have you tried it? Because it's time for you now to see what all the buzz is about in the dynasty community. Free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much much more. I think it sounds complicated, don't worry, it's not. The best thing about Reality Sports Online front office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league to run. It just requires a little bit more strategy. So you're thinking you're among the fantasy elite, it's time right now to use this platform to test your metal. And if you're still not sure, you can test out our general manager skills for free over at Reality Sports right now with a free mock free agency auction going on, and if you like what you see, use that promo code Fantasy Pros to receive ten percent discount on your team or league today. Again, that promo code Fantasy Pros to get a ten percent discount on your team or league today, Fantasy just got real at Reality Sports Online dot Com. The Kansai Chiefs, they've been pretty real. I gotta say, man, it felt to me thor like the rich just got richer. What did you think I.
Speaker 2: Give them a name minus you know, and the Chiefs they're typically around there, and obviously that is why they're so successful. In addition to their quarterback, they just draft so so well. You know, we were talking about this from the outset with the Ravens of there was some very interesting three dimensional chess decisions being made at the end of the first round in the wake of that environment that we were in with all the offensive tackles going early, because you had some of these blue blood franchises there at the end of the first round that really needed offensive tackle help. But these franchises are so successful because they refused to overpay to trade up, or they refuse to reach for guys that aren't worthy of going. No pun intended with the Chiefs a ventual selection, but they refused to do that for you know, to reach up for guys. So you had the the interesting decisions with those teams. With the Chiefs decision in their slot, it came down to do we take the ultimate guy that they took, Xavier Worthy, or do we go an offensive tackle. It would have been guiding for them, so that was what it was for them in the first round. They end up going with Worthy in that split decision and kicked the can to the offensive tackle in the second round, which was a big risk with where the offensive tackles sat at that moment, because they really could have dried up. You could not guarantee yourself in that moment that there would be a quality prospect available at the end of the second round. But they end up taking Xavier Worthy, which is really really cool that the guy that breaks the NFL combined record for speed. You are clearly evoking Tyreek Kill with that, and you were clearly, you know, calling that back for Patrick Mahomes. A Kansa City Chiefs team that needed a dynamic receiver weapon was the one thing that they were that offense was desperately calling for last season. The fact that they won the Super Bowl anyway was kind of ridiculous. But now they get that one thing that that they obviously needed. I I. Xavier Worthy to DeShawn Jackson, a couple other guys.
Speaker 1: You know from love that comp By the way, to me, he's more DeShawn Jackson than Tyreek Hill. So everyone needs a sier Tyreek Hill roll love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just in terms of the explosion and the you know, if if you can get him out into space, hit him on the hands, that's where everyone in the stadium is going to hold their breath. And you know, in the same way up at Dishawn Jackson. The one thing that they're gonna have to work on him with is the drop seas there's some some ball skill issue issues with him that he had twelve.
Speaker 1: That's right in Kansas City then, because exactly they were pretty good at dropping the football last year.
Speaker 2: You had twelve charted drops with Worthy. The past couple of years, I actually think that there was a little bit more than that. Now he was pounded with targets on those past couple of Texas teams as by fire their wide receiver one. So maybe as a guy who's not going to be initially the wide receiver, and a lot to see on that, and then you work on the ball scals a little bit more. But everything else plays with him. He's a very good route runner. Obviously, the athleticism so so so anyway, you know, I was fine with that pick. I like that pick, but then the chief sort of lucked out when Kingsley Sua Mattea falls to the end of the second round. I had talked about this with the Ravens pick before I would have taken Sue Matea above Roger Rosenngarten, who the Ravens take one pick above Sue of Mateya. I had thirty ninth on my board. The Chiefs ended up getting him sixty third, so that was his stroke of luck. On day three, I love the Chiefs pickup of Jaden Hicks from Washington State at one thirty three. I actually had him sixty fifth on my board. He was my second safety. Really like what the Chiefs did again this process I generally do. It's why they're so good at this.
Speaker 1: Give him an A minus de bro Are you just as excited as to throw myself about the Chiefs twenty twenty four draft?
Speaker 3: I am. I'm gonna poo pooh one or two of their picks, though I gave them a B plus, so still I kind of wavered back and forth A minus B plus. I'm with everything that Thor mentioned about Xavier Worthy. He started the process of my wide receiver five. He is now my wide receiver four. I'm all in on him. If you want to talk about skymore and that's the reason why you're worried about drafting Xavier Worthy, you need to get your eyes checked because you know you have not watched the film. They are two totally different players. But moving down the board, man two with a big winner. I think out of all of this is going to be Isaiah Pachecko. They did not draft a running back, did not address the position. Jered mckinnick gone. We got a four game sample last year of Isaiah Pachecko being the workhorse, playing over seventy percent of the snaps in three of those games, where he averaged twenty point two touches, almost one hundred and one total yards per game. He's gonna be the guy, the do it all guy in that backfield. I'm probably gonna have him ranked as an RB one. But the reason that I also bumped them down the board just a little bit. Are we gonna do all this crap again with with the people did with Noah Gree with Jared Wiley. I've already seen some of it on social media. I'm sorry, I'm not there. I haven't been there. I had him ranked lower. I know Thor was not in on Wiley as well. Going in the fourth round. There were other guys like eric Al you could have drafted, moved around the board to get going with Jared Wiley. I just feel like we're going to do this all over again, and people are going to talk about just like they did with Noah Gray and puff him up. I'm sorry, Jared Wiley is not that guy. And if you want to look at the analytics, thirty first and eighth in PFF receiving grade, so okay, you like the grade five miss tackles forced in his entire collegiate career. He is a catch and fall tight end. I will be avoiding him in dinasuy Ricky drafts.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on to Vegas and see how they fared here. They took the best player available to them with Brock Bowers. A lot of people thought maybe they would do something else or trade out. They did not. They stayed there. Jackson Powers Johnson the center, so Glaze, I know a player that there's a lot of love for in this room. So Thor, the Raiders would you greet him.
Speaker 2: Brock Barr's the opposite of a catch and fall tight end. And I love that pick. And I know that there's concern that the offensive coordinator they haven't and and the brass there that they're gonna have a hard time figuring out how to how to how to work Bowers in. I think that brock Bauers is idiot prove. I think that no matter what coaching staff, it's not that they'll figure out how to use them. It's of course you He's going to get onto the field and then the quarterbacks going to get him the ball. And then brock Bauer's advance is that it just is what it is. When he went to Georgia as a true freshman, they had this nasty receiving corps full of NFL the guys that are in the NFL now. James Cook was the was the running back. They had another NFL tight end on that roster. He led that. He became the wide receiver one on that team that won the national championship. They also was the first team All American. He was the same the next year on both accounts. So on a national championship team again, Uh, he's going to be. He's not going to be the wide receiver one on this Raider team. But I think that mister Adams is going to greatly appreciate his presence on this team because that will help out mister Adams' spacing and the quarterback Minshew. You know, a guy who throws it short and intermediate is going to love the yards that are manufactured by Bowers and then you know Bowers, you can line them up anywhere and then just shuttle him the ball. And then again he manufactures it, breaks tackles and all that sort of stuff. The Raiders are going to love him. And the value was was was good there too. You know, he got pushed down a little bit because of some of these ridiculous quarterback decisions you know above there, but he was number nine of my board. They got him thirteen. That was great. Also, speaking of great value, Jackson Powers Johnson going forty four, in particular in this environment where all these offensive linemen had gone above him, mostly at the tackles Jacks Powers Johnson center dash guard. But him getting pushed down there fabulous, fabulous value for the Raiders. He was number thirty one on my board. So I love that you mentioned that del Mark Glaiz he was one my pet offensive tackle sleeper. I think other guys were people in the industry we're sleeping on him because they just automatically assumed that he would just be a guard. I think you get three position versatility with him with the guard and the right tackle. The Raiders obviously really really liked him. I'm a fan of his game as well. And then down the board, like you look at each one of the guys they got, I was bullish on almost every single one of the dudes that they ended up popping. Dylan Lobby very very late is a tremendous receiving back coming up from the SCS. I was banging the table for Trey Taylor, a late safety that got from air Force, won the Defensive Backup of the Year award last year in the FBS and tested very well as well. They got an interesting safety from Pittsburgh late. I was a big fan of this Raiders draft. I ended up giving it a B plus debro.
Speaker 1: Are you as big a fans thoor with the Raiders.
Speaker 3: In I gave them an A. I had to give him an A. I think that there are a lot of teams we're going to talk about that smash the draft. I thought the Raiders just crushed it at every process, every part, taking brock Bauers as well as address him because they have big needs on the offensive line, and I think all of that's really going to help, especially the quarterbacks that they have. They need time in the pocket, and I think all they did was make their life easier. And the guy that I want to highlight in all of this is Zamir White. Everybody talked about him then people were sleeping like, oh, Zamir is gonna you know, I don't hate the Dylan Lobby pick. He's gonna help him out on passing downs. But Zamir is gonna be one of the engines of this offense. And we saw that last year for Antonio Pierce. Weeks fifteen through eighteen, he averaged twenty three point three touches per game, one hundred and fourteen total yards. He was the RB twelve Joey and Fantasy points per game. I'm gonna have him not ranked aggressively, but he will be a top fifteen running back and people hate that. I'm sorry. Go to the numbers. Look at the volume he's going to get as well. As when he was the starter, thirteenth and explosive run rate. He's gonna get all the work man. He might seed a little bit of the routes to Dylan Lobby this year, but the goal line touches the early down war. He's gonna get volume, and we know volume is king in fantasy.
Speaker 1: Another team that I thought had a great draft of Los Angeles Chargers. They start off with the tackle, as we said they were going to a Joe Alt. They landed McConkie at wide receiver, Junior Colson the linebacker. You bring in your guy if you're Harball, I mean thor. This felt like an a to me. But what did you give him?
Speaker 2: Absolutely crush it. I gave him an As I mentioned Joe Alt, there was thought that they could take j. C. Latham, but they ended up doing the right thing with Joe Alt, the best tackle in this class, and stayed with what we thought that they were going to do. Harbod wanting to build up the offensive line from the very first pick of him taking over this franchise. Then with the second one, Lad McConkie. What a smash pick there at the top of the second round. We knew heading in that their receiving course stunk, and for you know, it was like, yeah, I know they're receiving cours stinks. But the Vegas board, they had the receiver as the favorite within that fist line. And I know Jim Harbor, I'm pretty sure he's not going to take a receiver with the first pick. It made all kinds of sense at the top of this second and Lad McConkie in particular, a guy who gets open at utter will justin Herbert is going to love working with that guy. And in the offense that Harbaugh runs, as you guys know, it's run on the early downs, you get closer to the sticks. What do you do on third down? You make it manageable. You deceive the guy that can get across there every single time. The efficiency thing, that's Lad McConkie. That guy's gonna have a metric ton of catcher as any a metric ton of times he is going to convert the first down. So love that pick. Next pick, Junior Colson, I couldn't believe the NFL filtered a guy down the board that I thought was the best linebacker in this class, who was the folk room point of those the nasty Michigan defense last year for Jim Harbaugh that won the national title. Down to the sixty ninth pick to Jim Harbaugh. I thought that was crazy. I bet he couldn't believe it in the war room, Harbaugh as they submitted that card. And then going down into Day three, the Fabulous values cam Hart at one hundred and fortieth. That guy was one of the better cornerbacks last year in the nation. Then he goes to the Senior Bowl. He was awesome. Some athletic testing at the NFL Combine that was awesome value. My favorite Day three sleeper, the people that I looked at my Twitter on Saturday know where I'm going to this was Kamani Vidal of Troit. They got him at one eighty one. The guy was pounding the table for all process. I thought it was so interesting that the Rams took Blake Korham. I think it was in round three Kamani. You know, of course, Jim Harbaugh's boy from college. Kamani Vidal is almost in the same physical package, but he's actually a better athlete than Blake Korham as Kamani Vidal is also an awesome pass blocker. Of course, the Chargers running back room. In advance of this, it was JK. Dobbins and it was Gus Edwards. Kamani Vidal was running back seven. On my board, I ranked him one hundred and seventeenth. I am so bullish on that kid. I commed him to Jalen Warren. I believe the Kamani Vidal upsets both JK. Dobbins and Gus Edwards to start as a rookie in that run first offense at Jim Harbaugh runs. I think he's a sleeper. Dynasty owners out there, listen to my words right now, you go out and get that kit. He's going to surprise people in the NFL.
Speaker 1: All right, Debro, are you surprised how much you like the Chargers draft?
Speaker 3: I love their draft. I also gave them an A. I mean, I'll just I'm just gonna agree with everything Thors said about lad McConkie. He entered the pre draft process my wide receiver seven or eight. He walks out of it as my wide receiver six. But the case in Dynasty Rookie drafts for Ladi McConkie begins at wide receiver four. He is locked into the first round of Dynasty Rookie drafts, regardless of format, moving down the board. Come on, come on, even all that's Thor's boy has been. He was my RB five pre draft, is my RB five post draft. I don't care that he went in Round six. Like Thors said, he's competing with JK. Dobbins and Gus Edwards for work in this backfield. And he's a proven volume back. To add to Thor's take here, man, look, two hundred and thirty one carries at least in each last two years, fifty seven percent of his games. In his final collegiate season, he hadn't He's twenty three carries. He has proven he can handle the volume. He has a bowling ball tackle breaking machine. Twenty first and pff elusive rating. I'll be trying to draft and trade into rookie drafts. Two draft Kamani, but all this year. Miami Dolphins up next. Maybe not a big splash draft for the Dolphins. But in your opinions or did they get what they needed?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I gave him a B. I was out speaking of the splash thing was I was advocating in advance at Thursday that they just throw caution to the wind and drafts, if you're worthy to add to their ridiculously speedy receiving core. I thought that that would be fun. They ended up doing.
Speaker 1: They might have They might have wished that they had because eventually they're gonna have to pay Jalen Waddle.
Speaker 3: So that is true.
Speaker 2: And it is like they say in Draft A, people pay to get wet, is what they tell Sonny Weaver. But the Dolphins end up exercising discretion and in said take Chop Robinson, who is going to help out the pass rush. Chop Robinson had an utterly ludicrous pressure rate in college and the athletic profile six foot three two fifty four, ninety seven percent athlete, the first step to you know, everything like that, the speed to power game that he has, that stuff all translates. The one thing with him he has the short arms, and the pressures were not converted into sacks at the rate that you would expect. So those were the two things of his profile that ended up pushing him out of the top twenty. But a very very interesting prospect at an acceptable price point. There Then they ended up getting one of the last quality offensive tackles that was available when they took Patrick Paul at again an acceptable price point, ended up getting him fifty five item fifty fourth in the crazy offensive tackle marketplace that we were in on Friday, Thursday and Friday night. That was beyond fair. The last one, the last pick. Two other runs that I'll shout out Jalen Wright. That pick Tennessee, the Tennessee running back raised a lot of eyebrows when the Dolphins took them because obviously they have devnaut chain and they had given out the extension to the veteran blanket who was their other. Yeah, most it raised a lot of eyebrows when they took Jalen Right. Just some context for people out there. I was told earlier in April that the Dolphins were the team that was all over Jalen Right, all processed like more than anyone else and by a significant margin, which confused me when I heard that. So I asked some more questions about that, and then I thought about it more and asked some more questions about it. It started to make more sense to me as we move closer to the draft. With Auchane, you can only you have to cap his touches per game because of his size. Obviously, Mike McDaniel fetishizes his backs like this with the home run hitting ability and everything like that. It's not just the injury insurance against a back like that, it's also the ability to keep a back like that on the field at all times. So it's both of those things in conjunction with one another. Auchane, you have the thing of the with the running on the you know whatever. With Jalen Wright, he is He's a good receiver. He's also a better pass blocker than people think, and so I think initially you get that stuff from him. That's how he can work into a platoon. I think the one thing early on with Jalen right that you got to work on it was the Mickey Mouse offense that he was playing at Tennessee with where they have the hyper spread the field out and whatever and they get the box thinned out. The vision with him on the running concepts in that he was always just looking for the crease and then to hit the dinger. I think that's certainly a fair nitpick about his game. I think early on in the practices that's what you're working on him in a more conventional offense, how to read the defensive front and to run with flow behind the offensive line. This is a really good situation for Jalen Rank because you can work on him with that. Auchane will take care of that work while you go. You see how you develop him with that, while Jalen Wright you can take some of the passing down stuff. Give Auchane a blow on that. The world goes around. I like that pick and it made more sense to me when I asked that. So last one, I'll shout out the Malik Washington pick at one eight four, absolute steal. He was number ninety on my board. A guy that I comped to Rondale Moore, tackle breaking machine that can actually run routes. He is the guy that people think that Malachi Corley.
Speaker 1: Is all right, de bro your take on the Dolphins twenty twenty four draft.
Speaker 3: Again him a B plus and I really liked a lot of the things that they did. Unfortunately, I don't like a lot of the things that they did for fantasy. This was a nightmare fuel landing spot for Jalen Right. And you have thora talked about the extension they gave to Raheem Mostard. He's probably gonna be splitting work with with with Devon h Chan this week. Or excuse me, this week, this year, and Jalen Wright's gonna sadly be on the outside looking in, assuming that they stay healthy. But I do love the pick, big assumption.
Speaker 1: In all fairness, it's not like they've had a great track record of doing that. Those guys, I mean, most are surprisingly so last year, but not throughout his career.
Speaker 3: No, And that's fair and that's fair. So I think if you're going to take the home run swing in dynasty rookie drafts, then you draft Jalen Wright because the talent is there, the situation is there. It's just how much volume he is gonna get and when is he gonna get a chance to show what he can do, Because if moster stay is healthy, that might be twenty twenty five. Hell, he's got a two year contract. That might be twenty twenty six. We don't know. So if you're willing to embrace the risk, I totally understand it because he was my RB two entering this draft process. And I'll double down on what Thorg just said about Malik Washington. I thought he should have gone in the third or fourth round. The fact that they got him in round six is not great in the sense of that type of draft capital tied to a rookie. Does he get any opportunities? When are those opportunities come? Because the draft capitol is not gonna afford him those opportunities. But like you talked about Joey, if they got to pay Jayleen Waddle, eventually does he walk out the door. And then we're getting one of Malik Washington or speaking of another Washington near TAJH. Washington to either one of these guys get opportunities in this passing attack. Love the Malik Washington value. I don't like it that much for Dynasty, but it's a smash pick for the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: All right. Next up here the gentle boys, the New England Patriots. They got their franchise quarterback with Drake May. After that, you know it's funny or they well, they lulled me into a false sense of security that times were changing, and then it looked like Bill Belichick was actually still somehow working this draft for what did you graide the Patriots?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'll try to be as gentle as I can with this. The Drake May ceiling is where I agree with people. It's just early on there needs to be worked there, and I hope that the Patriots exercise patients with him. The other thing that I was hoping for was is the supporting cast. That the supporting cast thing is the thing that people when the Drake May supporters, that's the thing that they would always say, as I don't want to say excuse, but when they would be at you know, advocating for him the regression in twenty twenty three, they'd be like, well, look at his supporting cast. So they're clearly saying that he needs a supporting cast around him to have success in the NFL, or at least initially. So you know, that was one thing that you're hoping for New England. That's you know, you're hoping that you can bolster that supporting cast. The rest of this draft I wasn't sure about after that. Other people are higher on Drake May than me. I had him QB four did have him as a top ten guy my board, but I had him number eight. It was the rest of this draft that was the bigger issue for me. I'm I'm not going to argue against Drake maybe you know, as as the third guy off the board, But like I said, the rest of the draft The biggest one for me was the Jalen Polk pick. I believe that Jalen McMillan is better for reasons that we talked about on the live stream and talked about, you know, prior to that on on other shows. I think that if Jalen McMillan never gets injured, I don't think that Jalen Polk goes before the fourth round. I think he's a fifth rounder or later. Cayden Wallace I didn't get that one, and I didn't get Leyden Robinson. The one pick that I loved of theirs is Javon Baker, who I believe is a better prospect than Jalen Polk. I believe that Javon Baker in very quick order could ascend to the wide receiver one row in New England. But yeah, overall, my metrics showed that the Patriots spent the fourth most draft capital in the NFL and came out number thirty one in ROI. In this class, they absolutely can prove me wrong because there's there's some upside guys in this class, particularly Drake May. If he becomes a superstar, this draft class is a smash. It doesn't really matter what happens with the other guys. But yeah, coming out, that's that's where my numbers were at on it.
Speaker 1: Well, you seem positive about Baker. I got a text from Scott Bogman over the weekend. Hey, cheer up, buddy. At least they drafted Baker. That's literally what it says.
Speaker 3: Because.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see, let's hope he's gonna need to tough grade here. Debro your thoughts on the Pats.
Speaker 3: Draft, Yeah, I givem n F There's no getting around it. After the only picks that they made their entire draft class that I agree with, or Drake May and Javon Baker. And if you'd have flipped, actually, if you would have flipped them and said they took Baker in the second and they took Polk in the fourth, I would have given them probably a better grade. It just it was egregious. And yes, sat on social media, people have already dubbed me the Jalen Polk hater, apparently because I've gotten a lot of comments with that. But tell me this really gets you worked up. Joey, your second round wide receiver that they drafted last year seventieth and yards per hour run seventy fifth and PFF for Steven Grade the year before that in those metrics one hundred and fifty third, two hundred and fifteenth. Just does that really excite?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not even a matter of hating Polk, or if you love Polk, you could have gotten them later. To Thoris's point, Yes, and Lad McCaughey was sitting right there, and you could have had your cake and eaten it too, and taken whoever else you wanted. That's the frustration I think for Patriots fans. So I know it's been too long in the dance here on this one, because it's just gonna make me more depressed. So let's talk about the Jets. Let's haimmer them instead, because nothing Patriots fans love to do more than hammer and the Jets again, they took the offensive tackle here to start. There's an odd amount of love here or buzz from the Jet fans on social media about the Corlely pick. I'm gonna turn things over to you here for the draft.
Speaker 2: Right here for Yeah, this should be a pick me up for you, Joe. I give the Jets d minus for this for Shan he certainly has bigger fans than me. I understand some of it, but he was number twenty one on my board. They pick them eleven. What I don't understand is the Jets picking them like they have their outside like I understand, like, oh, we want one for the future and stuff like that. You have the short term guys on the outside. But it appears that for Shan, who probably heads in or release right now, is projected as OT three. It's like, guys, aren't you trying to win this year? Like isn't this like a win now scenario with Aaron Rodgers and you have ostensibly immediate help in the start or need in the starting lineup, both at slot receiver and at pass catching tight end, you would think, but then you take for Shanu for the future. I didn't. I didn't really get that one, like worry about that after Rodger retires. You had brock Bauers on the board. Also, you potentially had an opportunity with Roma Duneze coming down there. I would have contacted that bumbling more on Terry Fontino and seeing if you could save him from himself and see like, hey, Terry, you wanted to just draft Michael Pennix in this slot and at least you can sell it to the fan base. So you picked up some draft equity, you know while you did it, and then we can steal roma dunze from the Bears. That's what I would have tried to do. I don't know if they engaged in that and they just couldn't save Terry from himself. But then you know, if you're stuck at eleven, I would have taken brock Bars. But anyway, they take for Shannie there. Then at sixty five they take a pick for me that like this one, Like I was getting goosebumps because it so much of so Malachi Corley. I camped him to Amari Rodgers and like the symmetry was crazy. Amari Rodgers of course was drafted by the Packers when they had Aaron Rodgers, and of course he busted with the packer because Aaron Rodgers didn't want to throw the lollipop manufactured touches behind the line of scrimmage, which were the only things that Amari Rodgers could catch to do with broken tackle stuff. That's the only stuff that Malachi Corley does. That was where all of his production came at Western Kentucky. He doesn't run routes, so we're gonna find out if either Fate has a sense of humor or if Aaron Rodgers in his old age has decided he wants to throw screen passes behind the line of scrimmage. Otherwise you don't have a slot receiver right away. I see people putting Malachi Corley into the Jets starting lineup next year. If Aaron Rodgers again, if he wants to throw a screen pass behind the line of scrimmage to manufacture Malachi Corley touches, you have your starting slot receiver for next year. Otherwise you categorically do not. Malachai Corley does not run routes down the field. The rest of it. Deep out made the joke in the moment of how they left their war room and they just put the auto draft button on for running backs on day three. So I didn't understand that either this was a weird draft D minus for the Jets.
Speaker 1: D minus from four D bro, What did you give the Jets a D?
Speaker 3: I I don't understand their drafting method at all. It's Malachi Corley is my wide receiver twenty one in Dynasty. I will not be drafting mob avoiding and let other people fall on that sword and you have Brice Hall that you drafted. He's coming another year off of the knee injury, so they're gonna lean on him this year. And what you draft Braylan Allen? What's he gonna do? Wait, you already had Israel band Ofcanda from last year. It's like when they get to day three, they're like, let's see what running backs are out there, let's do this, and they go, Braylen Allen, you have your quarterback of the present. You're all in to win, and you draft Jordan Travis in round five? How is that helping your team this year? How at all? And again around five and again in round five you take I like Isaiah Davis as a prospect, But tell me, how do you get behind drafting him or Braylan Allen in Dynasty right now? As both of them sit behind Breece Hall. If you got Breeze Hall on your team and Dynasty, sure you want to take one of these guys and put them in your taxi squad as the handcuff. That's fine. You're gonna hate yourself and you're gonna hate life whenever Israel Banda Kando's the guy. If Breeze hallam has any time with injury. So the Jets a D for this draft. Terrible draft.
Speaker 1: I thought the Pittsburgh Steelers came out pretty good for I mean, they took Patanu Frasier address the offensive line needs. Then they went for wide receiver in Roman Wilson. So what do you think here of these Steelers draft?
Speaker 2: This was a crazy good draft. Yeah. The Steelers had four like clear needs at least in their starting lineup coming into this thing, and it was like it was like you know when you line up cans at the shooting range, and then it was like they just took out the piss and it was just bang ban ban ban bank. Like in their first four picks you mentioned Patanu. Okay, there goes to the tackle on need that thing saw for the next next one, Fraser, bang that one's self for the next decade. Next one, how about we take care of that slot receiver, Bang one's that one's sell for the next decade. Then starting linebacker Peyton Wilson come on down, bang, And then even the next one, Mason McCormick, there's a shot that he plays early at one of the guard positions. Because of course, their whole offensive line was ranted He's a sleeper coming up from the FCS, A kid that ninety nine percentile athlete. It sixs four to three ten. This was a smash of a draft. They were all over this thing and that positions of need as well. It was the value, it was the quality and all their positions in need. This is about as good as it gets. This one was was AAA all the way down the board. Great job by the Steelers, dee Bro.
Speaker 1: Do you share with Thor sentiments here about the positivity regarding the Steelers draft.
Speaker 3: I gave him an A plus and I wish there was a higher grade that I could possibly give them because they absolutely crushed this. Thor nailed it. I mean their entire offense. This is the chess match. This was just the chef's kiss of how you rebuild your entire offensive line basically, and one draft class and they crushed it. And you add Roman Wilson, so I mean he's gonna be starting in week one. He's gonna be competing with Van Jefferson, Calvin Austin for snaps. And I hate to tell people, but Russell Wilson has hasn't seen the middle of the field over the last like ten years. Justin fields is not gonna see the middle of the field, So pat frying me. It's not gonna be the number two target in this offense. It's gonna be Roman Wilson and a player that, like the volume stats aren't there last year, twenty ninth in yards, ber rought run, twenty second in PFF receiving grade. The Steelers absolutely crushed this draft. I honestly think they had the best draft of any NFL team out.
Speaker 1: There, all right, So very high marks for the Steelers. Let's close things out here with the Tennessee Titans. Thora Let's start with you. They got their tackle on the offensive side of Latham, then sweat on the other side. Would you think of what the Titans did.
Speaker 2: Tradans were sitting at seven and they were praying to the gods that the Chargers would trade with a team that was coming up for a quarterback, which would have had the effect of pushing mister Joe Alt to number seven, because the Titans desperately needed a not only tackle help, but in particular left tackle, because Will Levis talked about this in advance of the of the NFL Draft that he glitches under pressure, So you needed the and of course the Titans, they were just so terrible with the pass blocking last year, so you're not really given Will Levis a fair shake sending them, sending them out there into the into the lines that next year behind that offens line if you don't give them out there. But of course the Chargers end up sticking and picking uh, they take Joe Alt So that put the Titans to a decision there at seven do you pull up for Seanu there? At seven? Do you do Fatanu there? Those are the only two sort of media left tackle guys that you could have taken there, but both of them would have felt like reaches. The Titans ended up taking the guy who was my number two tackle off the board, Lathum at jac Latham from Alabama at number seven. And you guys remember on the live stream I said, I don't disagree with this in terms of qualitative lead them taking him. He's a second tackle off my board. But the interesting thing about it is he's a right tackle. This is a guy who has not played a left tackle since high school. I don't think he can play left tackle at the NFL sixty six three forty three, and again they didn't play at left tackle at Alabama. Then the So that's what we said live. That's what I said live. Then in the post draft presser, the Titans go to the podium and they say we're gonna play him at left tackle next year. So desperation is a stinky cologne. They don't have another option. That is what they are going to attempt to don't. We don't know how he's gonna do because we did not see jac Latham play left tackle in college. It's really the only concern of my game with jac Lathum is those feet can get a little bit cumbersome against speed players, and he can get tied up. He's a colossus with power. He is an awesome run blocker, and to get around him on the out shoulder, it's like running around a cruise ship. But when he can get tied up by those counter moves, because you can get him going the one way rocking if with the quick guys, the athletic guys coming the other way, that's where you get that big body moving. That was my concern with him potentially in the NFL in a position he hasn't played again since high school. What to see how it goes. But that is what they're gonna try the rest of the picks. I thought it was a bit of a reach on Sweat, but I love the pick on Center great to start out Day three. Love to pick on Jervis Brownlee the next one there. Overall, I give the Titans a C plus.
Speaker 1: All right, d Bro, what'd you give the Titans?
Speaker 3: Gave them a C minus. I agree with all the points on Latham. I thought Sweat was a reach for fantasy purposes. There's just not much to chew on here. Does the Latham pick supposedly help Will Levis. We'll see. If Latham's not good, it's not gonna help him. And Jawan Jackson is really a zero sum for dynasty managers because he's gonna help him on punt return and kick return duties but not be a factor on the offense.
Speaker 1: All Right, There you have it. That's what the AE looks like from the perspective of Thor and Derek again. Right now, you want to put some of this knowledge into practice. The best way to do it is to use the mock Draft simulator tool, which is out right now at Fantasy bros dot com Slash Simulator. Get yourself ready if your dynasty draft this season it's fast, it's free, and it's the best way to practice any kind of draft. So right now I would go run over to fancybros dot Com slash simulator and start mocking today. Great stuff from the boys as always, but of course we love to hear from you. What did you give the NFL draft grades out to certain teams? Drop your grades for the AFC teams below in the YouTube comments, and again it's always the best thing to do a subscribe to the YouTube channel and don't forget to ring that belt to lit goos ding and speaking of our friends here the channel, shout out to the following people. Hugh Boehner, I believe I'm gonna say that again. It's got an exitit, but I believe the X if my French is good, is pronounce it that way. Derek Brown would tell me, because he's the guy that made me read these names of the people who left for reviews of your show. It seems like you're kind of crew. I could just tell you from the other side. Instu Boss Queezy Angry three six five, BP ten fifteen, Benjo Fizzle, that goofy fella Guys's Alec and Riaman's congratulations. Thank you very much guys for listening to these two goons all day during draft season and leaving reviews of the show. They promised they'd shout you out, and they did, but I think it was more just to make me say that first name. But hopefully you stuck around the show to the end for that nugget, and of course stick around for the NFC grades as well. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for four and Derek, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.