Speaker 1: You guys, this is history.
Speaker 2: It's what you've done with the shows.
Speaker 1: You guys should throw a platform that influence this morning show.
Speaker 2: Burkes up DJ.
Speaker 1: Jes every player by record.
Speaker 2: I've made it just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Shell stand up, I Chola.
Speaker 2: The god made you think you're liking your controversial questions.
Speaker 1: We're taking this fus.
Speaker 2: I like the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Just hilarious to be hearing the sex Charlamagne the GOP piece to the plane. It is Tuesday, Yes, it's Tuesday. Good morning.
Speaker 3: What is happening the last day of April? Man, No, it is the last day. Tomorrow is made first man, another day to be here to serve the listeners and listen.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, mam.
Speaker 3: I told you with the Magic City Saturday, right, yes, dropping the clues bombs with Magic City Sleuth. The Magic City had a great time, mister magic lilarve server. And remember I tell you how to get my chicken wings right they sent it to well they are that's number one all right.
Speaker 1: But number two.
Speaker 3: Slew to the guy who went to the kitchen window and said he was with us and wasn't with us and took the damned chicken wings. That's not genius, that's freaking theft. But you always encouraging the wrong stuff. And that's stupid to you to do that because somebody gonna do the same thing that you want me. And he's hurt, dumb, he's probably hungry. He probably didn't paid for him. Well, I don't know if he paid for him or not. Somebody you didn't pay for him, so I don't know. If I don't remember, I'm sure we did pay for him now because you got you're ordering. That's du but you know, and then and uh, he went to the window and said that he was with us, and he was acting really rude with the people, which is very disrespectful. You never a grew with people in the kitchen. You shouldn't grew with nobody, but the number one, you know you shouldn't. You should not grew with nobody. But then you don't act rude the people who were in the kitchen with you because they could do things to your food. But he was being very rude and he said he was with us, and uh, he took our chicken wings. So it wasn't that Magic City didn't didn't give us our chicken wings. We just fest all of us together.
Speaker 4: You see that a lot during like an All Star or Essence Festival or Terrible Lovers and Friends, anything with what is a lot of us and people are hungry, terrible, They just waiting to lobby and they'll be like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was got an order for John.
Speaker 4: They'd be like, yeah, I'm John, and they take your pizza, take your wings or whatever it may be.
Speaker 1: But they're gonna send you some wings, yes.
Speaker 3: And salute the Loma Loma who uh does the kitchen at Magic City and the atl everybody who losens to us on ninety six point one to beat in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yes, great stabuish.
Speaker 3: And they're gonna send you wings. Yes, then I will accept it. You will accept it.
Speaker 1: The next day. I don't know how they getting here, Well, they actually did tell me how they was getting there. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They had like a national uber same day service, Yeah, called gold Belly or something like that.
Speaker 1: Am I making this up? People? I don't know? Yeah, That's what I was told. So are they gonna well, okay, well.
Speaker 3: Say when they get here, you gotta air frying or something. Okay, all right, that makes sense. Listen, it's the thought that counts. That's where it is.
Speaker 1: All I'm simply saying, is, boy, what a time it is.
Speaker 4: Why don't you just tell them me you ain't got to send the wings the next time you come.
Speaker 1: You just get to just be able to wait. You're gonna make them sending wings on, making them send it just as they want to do. I'm not tripping off that.
Speaker 3: I'm just more concerned about the fact that we live in a world where, you know, people are that hungry to where they might can afford, you know, to get into a script club, might even afford a little lap dancer too. But man, what kind of world do we live in when a man can't afford wings when he goes to the script that's all part of the script club experience.
Speaker 1: But he probably does that a lot.
Speaker 4: He probably goes to the strip club and he says, yeah, I just ordered wings table three, and then he takes the wings to keep it more.
Speaker 3: But that's not gonna always work because what if the people are there, what if the people are still there?
Speaker 1: But most people have been like you'll be like, you know, it took too long for my wings. I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: No, I just forgot about them and I left, you know, but you know, whatever, right you get your wing. It's terrible that we live in the world where people do things like that, but you're gonna get your damn shame. A man should be able to go to the Script Club, have a couple of drinks, get a couple of lap dances, and be able to afford some wings. That's when you know the economy is than what people are saying, is it.
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: Okay, we did three to four, so you just think now the wings is important? Bro okay, right, very important?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, Sarah Jakes Robbins will be joining us this morning from.
Speaker 3: The Script Club to the pulpit. All right, that is the breakfast club in the nutshell. Man. I'm holding her new book in my hand. It's called Power Moves. At Nights You're confidence and become a force.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I love Sarah Jakes Roberts. So she'll be here in a second. Walked into just got on.
Speaker 4: All black like she's about the scale of building feeling.
Speaker 3: So we're about to have two bobs in the building. Justlar in here with her little bob. Okay, Sara Jax Robins, gonna be in h with her little bob.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I you know what she got aboup because I'm looking at her picture right this morning, and I saw her yesterday or Sunday when I saw her preach.
Speaker 1: Let's change your half and we pretap all our interviews.
Speaker 4: You know what it is, how you feel it, Jess, I'm all right, good, baby kicking as hard to get up.
Speaker 1: Pregnant? Yeah, baby kicking that ass. She's pregnant. How pregnant are you today, Jess? That you should say right, I'm six months now, okay? All right? Yeah do we know? Do we know the sex of the baby yet? That ain't nothing none of your business, but I'm gonna tell you tell us all right, all right, Well let's get the show cracking.
Speaker 4: Of course, Sarah Jakes Roberts will be joining us, and we got front page news. We got to tell you what's going on in these colleges. And also there was a deadly shooting in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Will give you all the details. So don't move. It's the breakfast cloak.
Speaker 4: The morning during everybody it's Steed Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 1: We are breakfast club.
Speaker 3: This Snoos first thing in the morning makes me want to hit this snooze button. I love Scissor, but I don't want to hear her every day, same bad time, same bat channel.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't we see this coming every morning? Change it.
Speaker 2: We'll do it.
Speaker 3: That's my whole point, Jesus forgetting you see it every morning.
Speaker 1: We forget until the song comes on too late. But let's get in some front page news. Now. The Nuggets finished the Lakers one o eight, one six. All right. Now.
Speaker 4: They asked Lebron yesterday is he going to return as Laker? Was that the last day? He said he won't answer the question. But the Lakers have said that they are in fulfilling Lebron's dream of playing.
Speaker 1: With his son, so it sounds like they're going to be drafting Brownie.
Speaker 3: I saw the homie Carrie Champion posts because she's a big Bakers fans, she's from LA. I saw her post that a friend text her and say that that was Lebron James last game really with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Speaker 1: She said she said this before the game, though, really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, if the Lakers drafted Bronnie James, that would be nepotism at the highest level.
Speaker 1: And I'm not mad at it. Bucks do it? You mean the Bucks? Do it? The Bucks. Gianni's brother plays for the Bucks. What are you talking about. It's nepotism, it's family.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, here's the difference between Giannie's brother and Bronnie James. But Gianni's brother is ready for the NBA in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: Brian he called him the worst player in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Sure, but still even physically he's ready for the NBA. Bronnie James is not physically ready for the NBA in no way, shape or for him. There would be no reason for the Los Angeles Lakers to draft Bronnie James except for lebron lebron. It would be nepotism at the highest level, and I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: The Celtics beat the Heat last night one eighty eight, and the Thunder finished off the Pelicans ninety seven eighty nine. Travis Kelson, he is the highest paid tight and now with a two year deal with the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: He signed a four year, fifty.
Speaker 4: Seven million and now he has two more years, reportedly at thirty four million dollars.
Speaker 3: And you know what was an interesting going back to Bronnie and bron Bron's a free agent, right, Yes, Cleveland Cavalist should draft Bronnie James, make Lebron come home, finish his career, finish his career. I was thinking, I was thinking of Nixies drafting No, finish his career, finish his career in Cleveland. All right, Now, let's get to some sad new.
Speaker 4: There was a shooting in Charlotte, North Carolina yesterday that ended with four law enforcement officials dead.
Speaker 5: Four law enforcement officers were shot and killed yesterday while serving a warrant to a convicted felon. Four other officers were injured during that confrontation. The suspect was shot and killed by police.
Speaker 6: Gunfire erupted in a neighborhood in Charlotte, North Carolina, around one thirty yesterday afternoon. Authority say the shootouts started as members of a US Marshall's Fugitive Task Force. We're serving a warrant on a convicted felon say was in possession of an illegal firearm. According to police, as officers approached the suspect opened fire. Police say eight officers were shot. Four have died, one deputy US marshal, two officers with North Carolina Department of Adult Correction, and one Charlotte Mecklenburg police officer.
Speaker 1: DA you never want to hear that those officers. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, they said.
Speaker 4: GoFundMe has been started to help the families of the slain officers.
Speaker 1: But just very sad and again praying for those families. And why didn't heal anything? Why did those officers need to go fund me?
Speaker 3: Shouldn't the police department down there be taking care of them in some way, shape or form. Don't they have like a union for stuff like that? I would hope, so were they have insurance? I would hope? So why would That's actually sad that they got to start a gofund me, Like did the police department down there should feel stupid if they have to start a gofund me.
Speaker 4: Well, the sad thing is if if one of those if those officers were the primary care take of the family and then they passed away, you got to think for the next if that, if they have chilled, you know, if they have families for the forever, they don't have that anymore.
Speaker 1: But don't they have pensions and insurance. I don't know. I don't know how this worked.
Speaker 4: I don't know how long these these offices have been on the job or how it works.
Speaker 3: If they have been serving their community and they've been putting on their uniform, I would think that they would be getting taken care of.
Speaker 1: I agree. All right, Well that is front page.
Speaker 3: And now, as if police needed another reason to be on edge, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: All right, when we come back next out, we'll tell you about Columbia University, how they took over a building. And also we got to discuss Mama La. You know Mama is No, that's so corny. Now, well we'll tell you who mama is more.
Speaker 1: You should be ashamed of yourself. Yeah, Mama Law. That is Kamala Harris, Mama La Drew. I love you, Drew, but you should be ashamed of yourself. We wrote that. We'll explain the next hour.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, get it off your chest. Whatever you're going through, it's the Breakfast Club in the morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Way, y'all, whether you're mad or blessed, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 7: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this.
Speaker 8: Kim?
Speaker 1: Hey, we can hear you. Go on and get off your chest.
Speaker 9: Thank you Jesus. It's Tie from his talk podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, Peace time. Did you make it out to the podcast festival.
Speaker 9: Yes, amazing, y'all, learn so much.
Speaker 10: Sorl the man.
Speaker 9: You got my rug?
Speaker 3: I did, thank you very much. I got it at the house right now. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm glad. I was so happy when I got to give it to you. My crew came to give me. Y'all was sitting down actually like paying attention to the statement, and it was it was so amazing. We're excited to go next year, y'all. I'm so exciting. My heart is beating. I was so glad to give it.
Speaker 3: I was, I was glad to receive it, And I'm glad that you came out to the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 1: And had a great time and we can't wait to do it again next year.
Speaker 11: Yes, so y'all if y'all can follow d rug that's d e e z rug.
Speaker 9: That are you d Z that's on Facebook. On Instagram is d e.
Speaker 1: E z dot r u g z. And the rug is dope, like she actually made a rug and the rug is just.
Speaker 3: My head falls and it's not it's not like my head on like a with a backdrop. It's literally just in the shape of my head. It's dope. You you know what I was thinking you should do when I saw you should make toilet covers like that. I'm serious, toilet covers. Yes, make a toilet cover like that. I'm looking that you meant to hang up on her to have a young black entrepreneur what you're so diffrespecful as a Dominican.
Speaker 1: It would be dope for you to make all the.
Speaker 3: Couples though, because you'll be like yo, you tell you like I'm gonna sit on your face, you know, you tell your significant others just be funny, like I think it would be dope.
Speaker 1: I think you bring your rug as we can step on you every time be coming in. No, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 9: Yo, it's James Jersey.
Speaker 1: Jay from Jersey. Get off your chest, boy.
Speaker 10: The boy I really just called him.
Speaker 9: Man, I really want you guys to get dunk the other day mister Terry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys because.
Speaker 1: He had a terrible Yes, we did.
Speaker 9: But you did not offer Arry Henry a dollar.
Speaker 12: You're paying Tony Pollard a couple of years ago to be your number one, and now you come all the way.
Speaker 1: Back to Ezekiel Elliott.
Speaker 10: That's terrible.
Speaker 1: Come on, listen, you ain't gotta tell me. I don't know what Jerry Jones doing. I really don't.
Speaker 3: If this is how you want to spend his last days, God bless him, you know. So?
Speaker 1: Do you still think the Cowboys are gonna make it to the ustle Bow? Yes?
Speaker 3: My goodness. Why do you keep hanging up on him?
Speaker 1: He was going, No, he was not.
Speaker 3: You don't even let you don't even say bye, no, nothing, You just need up.
Speaker 1: That's rude.
Speaker 3: We've got so many people on the line we're trying to get you have some respect.
Speaker 12: Calling from North Caroline. How you doing? Dj NB Hilarias, Hey, I saw you guys, went to car Atlanta and prop to you guys, but you guys should go to all the hu hu or whatever. Will be so dope for college students at ACU.
Speaker 1: What about that.
Speaker 4: I've been trying to do it for the longest, but hopefully we can get it done this year.
Speaker 10: Listen.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that would be so dope. I usually, guys, I'm calling from North Carolina. I usually call from North Carolina Central, but I'm about to transfer to the Fable State. So uh, prop you guys. Thank you guys so much for Instagram on this firing me to be a radio.
Speaker 1: Host your MAS communications major.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, yes sir.
Speaker 3: What are you doing right now that you know further your broadcasting career. You got your own podcast, you got a YouTube.
Speaker 1: Show on radio show.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just tourched CCU.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And then I'm transferring to FAM. I just got a fellowshipper yu.
Speaker 9: I'll be there at.
Speaker 10: July bro week.
Speaker 1: Oh nice congratulation that Duke magazine.
Speaker 12: So you do a big thing for my career right now.
Speaker 1: I love to hear that black Man. But thank you for calling.
Speaker 10: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Pros for you guys, sirs.
Speaker 4: A couple of morning he did it for me and showing that get it off your chest eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: The breakfast club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 10: This is Katie.
Speaker 1: Hey, Katie, good morning. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 11: So my time really simple. I'm an uber laser and I've experienced picking out children. I'm looking up a dog my thing lately. If I can incite people forgot about integrity, stay for not that in tegency, doing the right things even when nobody's watching. And I feel like we've gotten too for far away from what our ancestors said the standard for And I cant it is our job only, our job, not the teachers, not the schools, the our jobs to me sure our children are equipped with what they need to be progressed as emotionally, out mentally and spiritually. So besides integrity, we need to also remind our you you train and give them an example of what that frame life looks like. Give some execpols of what it looks like to move with integrity. I want to big up Sarah Jakes because she was the reason why I found my relationship with God. I have five children, it is now I have two because I'm raising my best friend's children, not just passed away and both.
Speaker 13: Across the board, a girl or a boy.
Speaker 14: You can move with integrity.
Speaker 11: You do wear it's a crown even when it feels like it's still good because you are still a king and a queen. And are you're wanting to remind people that you are responsible for what your children do? Is it not be your children are in a car if it's now flipsot because they want on a hype speed chase, because you look at what your children were active in. Un that's your responsibility, nobody but yours.
Speaker 3: I agree with everything that you're saying, even though I do feel like you know, children still are gonna make their own choice.
Speaker 1: They gonna make mistakes.
Speaker 3: No, even if you instill all the goodness in them, you you instill all the values in them, you teach them right from wrong, they still gonna make their own choices. And if they make a poor choice, that doesn't necessarily reflect.
Speaker 1: On the parents. Know what does that mean that they're a bad kad? That just means they made a.
Speaker 3: Bad decision, and I think schools should have social and emotional learning in the school. I agree with her that, you know, a lot of a lot of that majority of that is the parent's responsibility, but I do think things like social emotional learning should be in uh should be in school.
Speaker 1: Okay, hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: And be what's going on?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 10: It's president?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? Brother? Get off your chest? All right?
Speaker 9: First off, peel Okay, my fake Dominican brother Charlie made what good?
Speaker 10: Just what?
Speaker 1: I'm being proud for.
Speaker 9: You having that baby, but I'm with that Mexican man.
Speaker 10: It's not beat.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you. Brother.
Speaker 9: That's all right, I'm gonna find I'm gonna come to one and he showed you come to the lab factorly, I'm gonna pop up for you. Thankfully.
Speaker 1: I'm about to say that because you just got baby security guard. So yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 9: I don't want I ain't trying to get this drop.
Speaker 1: Like okay, and what's your name?
Speaker 10: My name?
Speaker 1: Shooting? All right?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 1: Shooty, yes, sir? Oh yeah, you gotta get searched to know, and y'all have a great day. Get it off.
Speaker 4: Your chest eight hundred five eighty five, one on five one. Now we got just with the Mess coming up.
Speaker 14: Yes, Taylor Swift is sweeping the chart. She got fourteen fourteen spots on Billboy.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right, we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast SLUGO Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody. It's the j n V.
Speaker 4: Jess, Hilarie Charlamine, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 10: News is real weather, it's lions, just Corrobber Moore. Just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 16: She don't spell nobody why j wor on the Breakfast clubs the coaches Ship.
Speaker 17: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get.
Speaker 1: You to see.
Speaker 2: This time to set it on yo.
Speaker 14: Taylor Swift claimed the entire top ten of the Billboard Hot one hundred chart, and then some her the first fourteen songs on the Hot one hundred along.
Speaker 1: To Taylor Swift.
Speaker 14: But number one is the one that I want to play because.
Speaker 1: This is strategic. This is strategic.
Speaker 14: I think I know how she got the number one, other than her just being Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: This song is called Fortnite featuring theer Forever mon S.
Speaker 14: Love Have Them Know Your Emma, Breakfast Dance.
Speaker 1: I Want to Kill.
Speaker 14: That's feature on Post Malone. Yeah, it's called Fortnite, one of the biggest games. Everybody kid play Fortnite, Like this is rerad be crazy for.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, Yeah, Taelor Swift probably bigger than Fortnite. Taylor Swift is bigger than Fortnite. Taylor Swift is the biggest musical act in the world.
Speaker 4: He's not even close. I don't know about bigger than Fortnite. I think she's bigger than I don't think's bigger than.
Speaker 3: Fort I believe she is, Like could what makes this more impressive if she's not a newcomer Taylor swipping out since two thousand and six. Not only is this her new number one album, She's had fourteen number one She ties jay z as the as the artist of the solo artists with the most number one albums ever two million albums in a week.
Speaker 4: But I would say her fan base is ridiculous. They like, they really support, They listen, they go stream, they go by her, they go to her concert. It's like Northern But I don't think she's big in a fortnit bigger than Fortnite. A Fortnite, yes, bro, she's been around since two thousand and six.
Speaker 14: Either way, kids that never listen to her before in the Fortnite world is going to be listening to her now. And then the game is definitely putting this song on the game, like the actual makers of Fortnite, like that's big to tie this song to Fortnite, because that's like, that's a big contract. But what I and then the kids gonna listen to it.
Speaker 1: It's little kids who.
Speaker 14: Not listening, like my son probably gonna know the song. You know, his little sister's gonna know the song, and they don't listen to her.
Speaker 1: Guarantee you she ain't be a Fortnite.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven point one million hours have been broadcasting in the last six days of Fortnite.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: It's like entities, yeah, and they're colliding. I think that is what's going to make her fan base even bigger. And it's doing good for Fortnite too, because then it's it's it's a collaboration. Basically different crazy She is different, you know, The second song is called down Bad. Ain't wa ain't listening. We're not doing a whole album sample.
Speaker 1: But down Bad.
Speaker 14: That's funny to me because down Bad, Yeah, that's the name of this, like a song.
Speaker 1: I resonate with down bad.
Speaker 4: Because that's like it's like a bad. Down bed is like a hood phrase.
Speaker 14: But you know, she been ice spiced ice spe She probably gave her the like girl, I'm down bed, you ain't over hear, like, oh that bitch down bed. She said that in Miami, Baltimore. I never heard it said in New York.
Speaker 1: Does she have any hip hopish songs the album? It's not a rap out. It's called the Poets Department rapping.
Speaker 14: Even down Bed it's so it would sounded like number one, but it's I Ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I kind of like the first six songs.
Speaker 14: I listened to him last night, but none of them even replicate hip hop in no type of way. She's still very much Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: Like Daddy I Love Him is a title. Fresh out the Slammer is a title.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Who's afraid of Little Old Me? Is the title?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, if you like it, I love it.
Speaker 14: The small the smallest man whoever lives. She's sent a shots to somebody Charlemane. But yeah, so congratulations Tale. I don't know how you're doing well. I know how you're doing it, but I don't know how you doing it, But you're doing it.
Speaker 3: Around is two thousand and sixties of their fourteenth number one album.
Speaker 1: I don't know she's old.
Speaker 14: I think she like she's older. She's in her mid thirties. But she looked good. She she still look good to me. She looked exactly how she's saying when she first came out. She looks exactly how she looked when she first came out. So I don't know what she's doing, but keep doing it. Rbo Da claims did he try to buy her silence with publishing rights? This audio is so dramatic, the music that she put by her voice, because I think she did this myself played audio.
Speaker 18: Please, I received the publishing deals. I know how much money it was giving me. I'll tell you three hundred and thirty cents three hundred dollars and thirty cents for a full release of all claims against Diddy and many other players. I think you would probably be making moves to.
Speaker 1: Keep as many people.
Speaker 14: Why it is possible.
Speaker 18: When I went to look at the publishing deal, it asked me to not be able to have access to my story and my experience anymore. It asked me specifically to stay silent and never speak.
Speaker 13: Poorly about a human.
Speaker 18: So then I realized something really bad is coming.
Speaker 1: If all I'm offering you is well, how much was it? Yeah? I don't care what you got to say. I mean, you ain't got nothing on me. Yes, please take thak the few.
Speaker 4: Hundred dollars for somebody that though here's yours.
Speaker 14: And he said, hey, yeah, go grocery shopping.
Speaker 1: By the way. What is That's what it's worth? That's what I'm saying. If that's what it's worth, she's been trying to try for years, so good luck. Ain't that's from that TMC documentary they got.
Speaker 14: Coming out came out Sunday.
Speaker 1: I ain't nobody really talking about it though.
Speaker 14: Needed have I but yep, it came out April twenty Sunday. The rest of our owner speaks out after film employee is arrested. So Marcus Davis is the owner of a restaurant named Culture in Houston.
Speaker 15: Fellow Holmes is facing five counts of possession of child pornography. And this comes after the manager of a restaurant called Culture show police videos of homes sticking his penis in a jar.
Speaker 4: Of jelly that Houston streets are safe for tonight because we took a pedophile off the street.
Speaker 15: Those words coming from restaurant owner Marcus Davis after his former employee was caught on camera sticking his genitals and jellies.
Speaker 19: And what he was doing on the video was placing his genitals in a plastic jar in the kitchen and he was a cook.
Speaker 15: The former restaurant employee, twenty eight year old at Fellow Holmes. According to court records, Holmes confessed to the crime and told investigators he had frequent urges.
Speaker 14: And after they arrested him, investigators went through his phone and found child pornography down Mercy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he probably was telling that kid's menu up, putting his penis and everything on the kidd.
Speaker 14: But the restaurant want everybody to know. They released the statement that they got rid of all the inventory, like the current inventory, and they cleaned everything, and they wanted everybody to know that all the jelly is good, new jelly did he did they say if he finished off in the jelly, or they don't know how long he's been doing it. Yeah, dan't stay. They didn't say how long he was doing it or he finished off. But what did that matter?
Speaker 1: That sounds how long you've been doing it, like doing it for us.
Speaker 4: No, if you've been doing it for a week or two weeks or three weeks, you know, because people have been eating there for a while.
Speaker 1: You want to know if you had some.
Speaker 3: You look hungry, you want your little penis past. But you know, the sad thing is we really got to support that restaurant because that restaurant.
Speaker 4: Not like that go to commercial commercial breakfast club. I can't believe you guys cut me off. I didn't cut you off.
Speaker 1: The morning made all the breakfast club. It's DJ n B just allowed.
Speaker 3: And they call up here on the phone calling up. He not be calling up down. So now you know how I listen to this field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get some front page news. Well, last night the Nuggets finished off the lake Is one awight one six, the Pelicans lost to the Thunder ninety seven eighty nine, and the Celtics.
Speaker 1: Beat the Heat one o two eighty eight.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 4: Lebron James spoke after the game after he was finished, and this is what he said.
Speaker 20: Uh, you know, my son, one of my boys, is just trying to decide if he's gonna, you know, enter the draft or go back to school. I got another kid that's playing au ball right now, My daughter is playing volleyball, and my wife is doing so many great things. So it's about family right now. And then a couple of months, I gotta go to Vegas for training camp, so I'm gonna rest my body for for USA B. But that's kind of the initial thoughts.
Speaker 3: By the way, Lebron James is already home, you know what I mean, So it don't even matter that he get a first round exit from the Denver Nuggets. The man is Morgan's freaming age and still playing in the NBA at a.
Speaker 1: High level like he's he's done it.
Speaker 3: If you could be in the Hall of Fame and still play, Lebron James would be a first ballot Hall of Fame and still be Uh. You know, he's home already, absolutely, and I don't mean home like he's out of the playoffs. That's the jay Z term. He's already home. He's the guy already. Yeah, yes, now.
Speaker 4: Also, Columbia University starts suspending students after more protests are actually messing up with the campus and messing up with the classes that they're doing.
Speaker 13: Police stand guard outside Columbia University Monday night.
Speaker 1: We're inside.
Speaker 13: Hundreds of students rallied throughout the day in support of Palestinians as well as their classmates who have been camped out on the campus lawn for nearly two weeks.
Speaker 1: They're standing up for what is right, and I'm standing up for them.
Speaker 13: After days of negotiations, the school administration it will not divest from Israel, which was the protester's main demand to negotiator Khalil, this.
Speaker 1: Is then you floor to us.
Speaker 3: This is then you floor to it to this movement, and the university should should understand this.
Speaker 13: In a letter to students, the administration told protesters they had until two pm to clear the encampment and sign a form committing to abide by university policies in order to finish the semester in good standing. Those who do not, the letter warned, will be suspended indefinitely, not allowed to finish the semester or graduate for seniors and be banned from campus and residential housing.
Speaker 1: I respect all.
Speaker 3: Kids write to peacefully protest, but they have to deal with the consequences of the protesting, you know, whether it's getting arrested, suspended, you know, failing classes, that's the choice that they're making.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yesterday protesters took over a building, Hamilton Hall. Will actually was last night into early this morning. They took over the hall. They raised a flag out of one of the windows, and they had ziplocks closed in the door so nobody else can come in. The school has not responded to the takeover as of yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like I said, you got to be able to deal with the consequences of your actions, you know. Like I said, I respect all kids write the peacefully protests. I just hope that they know what the consequences of that protest thing will be. It might be arrest, might be suspension, might be failing classes. But if you make that choice, it is what.
Speaker 1: It is now.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I found out that Kamala Harris's nickname is MAMAA. Harris after she did an interview with Drew Barrymore. And this was Drew Barrymore calling her Mama Harris.
Speaker 21: I keep thinking in my head that we all need a mom. I've been thinking that we really all need a tremendous hug in the world right now. But in our country, we need you to be Mama La of the country, I mean, a great protector.
Speaker 22: Sadly, over the last many years, there's been this kind of perverse approach to what strength looks like, which is to suggest that the measure of one's strength is based on who you beat down instead of what we know. The true measure of your strength is based on who you lift up.
Speaker 3: Yes, now, Okay, when I heard Drew Barrymore say that, I thought it was a cony because I thought her writers wrote it. But there's context to it, right, She didn't just right pull mama out of as MAMAA.
Speaker 1: You need to mind your business until you hear everything. But I know you ain't talking just what the meth and her news might be real. Here's where MAMAA came from.
Speaker 22: We kind of don't use the term step because I just think I love Disney. However, Disney kind of messed that up for a lot of us over the years. You know, the evil step parents, and their word for me is Mamla and so they call me mamla, I.
Speaker 4: Guess talking about her step step children call her mamla, and that's where the term mamaa came from.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I like those white step children saying that, one little slip of the tongue, it could be mamala and then that wouldn't be good.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, You know, that's what I'm I don't know if you know what I mean. I don't know. I don't know. Well, that's where that nick came. That nick name came from.
Speaker 3: Also, let step children use that nickname. It sounds crazy when a grown ass talk show host is calling you mamaa.
Speaker 1: We need mama, we need a hug. You alone.
Speaker 3: I loved you. But just no, that sounds crazy. Let the step There's a reason you have family nicknames. Family nicknames for family. Yeah, what's your family nickname? Raccoon and your business now raccoons.
Speaker 14: Dues and soil just three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they call me mom, was bear, my mom?
Speaker 3: Mom? Dad? Talking about your family, man, I ain't talking about your parents what your parents call you. I'm talking about your children.
Speaker 14: Oh, Jesse, just Jesse, your children. You say you know Jesse, you said your family, like.
Speaker 3: Like her step children call her mam al. I'm talking about like, what do your kids?
Speaker 1: What is your talking about? Dad?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 1: What did your family call you? Dad?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Actually nicknames? What's one or two of Papa? One of my daughters called me papa. They won't be Dominican crazy. I wish you could pay No, I'm just saying they call her mama. Less.
Speaker 3: When I say family, I mean your kids. What do your kids call you? Your kids just call you daddy, all of them. Yeah, pops, pops, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's a nickname. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you can't tell them what to call their mama. Look if they want her to be mama love because she's the vice president, then.
Speaker 1: That I'm fine.
Speaker 3: You an't listen to nothing. I'm to repeating myself, listen to noth nothing. I am fine with the kids calling her mama. I said, Drew, the other people shouldn't be calling you what your.
Speaker 1: Kids call you. It sounds crazy, all right, Papa. Thanks?
Speaker 3: You imagine you want to talk to somebody, say that's how you be signing. Remember I told you the other day at school when you're telling them a little girls.
Speaker 2: Come on, mama, Mama, come.
Speaker 1: To the microphone, because mam to you.
Speaker 3: Because the women not college young two years old, I call everybody, mama, come to the microphone.
Speaker 1: Mama.
Speaker 11: You sound like.
Speaker 3: Like us. You sound like one of the migos. Sounds what I'm saying, Moiler. The story is, don't call grown people with their kids call them.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's your opinion, and everybody else.
Speaker 3: Got their because every by the way, when women call a guy's daddy, it sound crazy too. If it ain't your pop girls that be out here, what's up, daddy, daddy? That sounds stupid too. That's goofy exactly.
Speaker 1: Commercial. We got Sarah Robins coming up.
Speaker 3: Jay Roberts called Power Moves.
Speaker 1: You're gonna talk to when we come back.
Speaker 4: Papa, Jess Larious is the Breakfast Say Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Larios, Cholamine the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Come on now, we have Sarah Jake Roberts.
Speaker 1: Welcome. How do you feel.
Speaker 8: I feel good. I'm a little tired, but I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Okay, with the new book Power Moves and nights your confidence and become a force.
Speaker 1: Where's the inspiration for the book comes from?
Speaker 8: It really started about five years ago.
Speaker 23: Whenever I had finished speaking, people would always tell me like, that was so powerful, You're so powerful, But I didn't really feel powerful, like I'd be in the fight of my life up there. And I started just asking God, like what does it mean to truly be powerful? And I feel like God just revealed to me that it has so much to do with obedience and authenticity, but not only that, that power is a flow and so what makes me powerful when I'm preaching is different than what makes me powerful as a mother. So I started digging into the fluidity of power and this notion that power moves and embracing that from season to season really started resonating with me.
Speaker 1: I do have a question.
Speaker 4: This is going to sound stupid, but I just want people to understand. You know where you came from and how you got into faith. I know you were here last time. So for people that don't know that, they automatically assume that your dad was in it is into religion, that's what got you into it.
Speaker 1: But you had a different start with you. So let's talk about that.
Speaker 4: A little bit first, So how did you start and how did you get to where you're at now? And the fact that you had your first child at fourteen and let's let's break that all down.
Speaker 8: And he's in the studio grown. Don't give him that much gas.
Speaker 1: That's a child over there. Yeah.
Speaker 23: So my dad has been in ministry my whole life and growing up when I was growing up in church, like, we were at church every single day of the week, and you either found a spot, you were in the choir, you were dancing, you were doing something, or you were like me and you were sitting in the corner somewhere. And I can remember my siblings telling me, like, you wanna go to hell, Like you can't shot on me, you can't clap, like you gonna go to hell. And I was like, you might be right, because what I'm listening to on the radio likes resonating with me. It doesn't align with what's being preaching. So I never really felt like I had a sense of belonging within faith. And then when my father's ministry kind of took off, I didn't know where I fit within the dynamic of our family at all, and so I tried to find myself at thirteen year old, trying to find herself is gonna be open to anything.
Speaker 8: And so I got pregnant at thirteen.
Speaker 23: I had my son at fourteen, which just further confirmed to me, like, you not one of the good girls. And so I spent probably ten years of my life just being like, all right, aism for me, you guys, not for me. I'm gonna figure out what's happening outside. And I got to this space after this traumatic experience in my first marriage where I almost got arrested and I was defending the rights to keep my kids, and I was like, I have tried literally everything, I might as well just try faith. And I wasn't trying to build a platform. I was trying to build myself. And I started blogging about all of my experiences. And it turns out that there were like other women who felt maybe forgotten by church.
Speaker 8: But like because they did.
Speaker 4: Did you feel like, especially because your dad was in ministry, did you feel like his church forgot about you, especially that being your dad.
Speaker 23: And it's hard, like knowing what I know now, it's hard to say because I felt so much shame from having a teen pregnancy that I'm sure that there were people who were like still loving on me, but I couldn't cut through the idea of like during purity culture, the height of purity culture, you didn't got pregnant like this. It just doesn't align. And I don't know, because even my father is surprised that my life has turned in this direction. So I'm not sure if anyone thought that I was going to be the girl talking about Jesus. But I tried it for myself and I started sharing it with like these other misfits, and it turns out there were a lot of us, like back row churchgoers who were there because we had to be but didn't fit in. And I was able to give them a voice and a language through trying to find my own voice in language, and it's resonated with them.
Speaker 1: What level of ratchet were you on a scale?
Speaker 23: It like, well, well, at the end of the day, the day's got to end. I don't know, I don't I don't even know how to answer that question. But I mean I was not outside, like I was not trying to be the good girl at all. Like I embraced this idea of like you can just do your own thing and try anything. So I mean, I did quite a few things.
Speaker 3: It's interesting to hear you say the bishop was surprised to see how things turned out, because I'm sure him and you know the first Lady was.
Speaker 1: Praying over you and asking God to turn you around.
Speaker 23: It make sense, yeah, But I mean I have always been very strong willed. I've always been my own person, and so I think that they were praying. But just like we praying, we like, I don't know if you want to answer this prayer, we'll see how it happens. I don't think that they were for sure knowing that things were absolutely going to turn around.
Speaker 8: Even if they did turn around.
Speaker 23: I don't think anyone anticipates like, oh, she's going to be a ministry, because that's not necessarily a turn around, like maybe she'll figure out who God is. But this fact that she's also going to be a ministry in helping others, that was a wild card nobody saw coming.
Speaker 4: I feel sometimes when especially when people play with the church right, and I'll tell you why I say play with the church, they come off like a very church holier than that, right. So when they speak a lot of people actually believe it and listen because they feel like they study, they go through it, they read the Bible, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. But also you realize that person is not a good person. So where do you cross the lines of somebody taking on an assignment doing something positive. I think you spoke about it earlier, somebody giving a message opposed to who they are as a person, Like can somebody give a message and be an fed up person?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 23: I mean, and a broken clock is right twice today, you know what I mean? You don't even have to be a Christian to say something that could be profound and deep. But that doesn't change the fact that you have an opportunity to be more fully integrated in your character. But I think that the message is that resonate the most are from people who are literally walking it out, living it out, And so it does discredit the message sometimes when you're telling me something that you don't live by.
Speaker 8: But I think about it like this.
Speaker 23: So I'm a parent, and now that my children are moving into adulthood, I recognize that many of the things that we have told them growing up, they're also realizing that I am figuring it out with them as well. And I don't know that it's a lot different in ministry, like this is where the goal is. I think we all know where the goal is, but I'm still working it out to I think where people get in trouble is that they're not actually doing the work, Like I'm telling you that this is the goal, and I'm doing the exact opposite of it, Which is why I've tried to be really intentional about being authentic, Like I'm going through depression, I'm going through an anxiety.
Speaker 8: This is what I'm learning in.
Speaker 23: The midst of that, because it doesn't serve me for me to come off as your god. We all need the same one. So I try to really make sure that I'm not on a pedestal. I try to kick the pedestal down, Like.
Speaker 4: You see a preacher. A preacher will be preaching, right, and then he's cheating on his wife. Or preacher will be preaching and then he's hitting his wife, you know what I mean. So when you see that, it's kind of difficult to uphold a preacher and you'll be like, are we just playing this game or or do you really feel that way?
Speaker 1: And really made a mistake saying, well.
Speaker 23: I mean, I can't judge someone's heart. And I can't judge their experiences, so I'm a little hesitant to really make a judgment on situations.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying anybody in particular.
Speaker 23: Well, you know, people don't. I don't know anyone either who's going through this, but I think people infer a lot. But I will say this, like, preachers are human. So if you are who you are, and you can cheat on your wife, and a preacher can cheat on his wife, like he's a man too, she's a woman too. And so you guys are still going to have the same areas of temptation that you need to overcome. I think your response to that, like, what is my response? How do I grow from here? How do I create boundaries? Do I need to sit down? Do I need to heal?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 23: I think how you handle your humanity in the face of this divine call is what's most important. I am careful that pastors don't have a license to do whatever they want to because of the power they hold. I think that you can be human, but all of us need to be try and stretching, growing to be more like Jesus or we are up here playing. I'm not asking you to be perfect. I'm asking you to really be on this walk for real?
Speaker 1: Who's this white past that you're talking about?
Speaker 8: And does he listen to.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club? All right? We got more with Sarah Jake Robins when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarry Chlamage, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We still have Sarah Jake's Roberts in the building.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want it. Uh.
Speaker 14: Because you're a mother of six and you're busy, extremely busy podcast and then writing a book and then traveling.
Speaker 1: How do you balance that? Like mother?
Speaker 14: And I know you said your children are growing into adulthood, but how.
Speaker 1: Do you balance well?
Speaker 23: Yeah, and I feel for you because you got a lot going on. I think it's the message of this book. I think it's really allowing myself to like flow in a different definition of power based off of each of those roles. Because as much as I want to bring the same intensity to everything I do, if I do that, I may end up damaging my children because I'm talking to them like a business partner and so really defining for myself what does it mean to be powerful in these specific roles and how much capacity do I have to show up in that space asking for help, you know, changing and modifying my life to really fit my priorities.
Speaker 8: Has done a lot. And then also just making sure my kids know, like I'm tired. So my daughter is eight. She was devastated when I left yesterday. She was like, please don't leave me.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 23: Literally She's like, can you please come home? And I'm like, I just need this one week to get this book in as many hands as possible and then Mommy will be home. But unpacking to her like you know how you do this? Well, I'm doing this, so she understands it. Sometimes absence does not mean that I don't care. Yeah, and it's a balancing walk, especially I think if you have mom guilt like I do sometimes. But I also want her to see a woman walking in her purpose and being excited about it and changing lives. So I share testimonies with her too. I'm like, let's sit down and read these comments from this weekend. Thank you for being a part of this, so she feels a part of it as well.
Speaker 14: Okay, because mama son is twelve now, but I miss a lot of him being going from grade to grade, you know, because my mom. Between my mom and his dad, that's who has I was touring a lot before I actually got to do this, and I just feel so guilty a lot sometimes, like and now I have this new baby and I'm like, I'm bringing him up to Jersey with me, and he wants to grow up in the house with the baby instead of me being in Jersey with the new baby, you know, and then him still being with my mother, And I don't want to repeat that. I don't want to do that again.
Speaker 8: So I feel guilt.
Speaker 23: So I had my son at fourteen, and I think one of the things that makes me feel most guilty is that I know that I was growing up while he was growing up, and so the way that I'm able to be present even for my younger kids, I know that he didn't have that. So I think, one, I don't know if you have to deal with this, but I had to really forgive myself for what I didn't know when I was raising him. Yeah, you know, I just I didn't know. I did the best that I could and to trust that I still have opportunity. If you think about adult children who were wounded from relationships that didn't go well with their parents, there's still a little kid inside of them that wants their parents to show up, that wants to experience healing in that space. And so it reminds me too that I'm never out of time. So I'm constantly still reparenting him, even at twenty one years old.
Speaker 3: You know, in the clamp down chapter, you stop by saying, if you're one of those people who know better and instantly do better, I'm probably going to be the friend who you roll your eyes at constantly.
Speaker 1: Why are you that friend?
Speaker 23: Because things need to marinate from me, Like I don't just activate things like you could tell me like you need to be vegan and I will. I'm gonna let that marinate for a year or two before that actually activates, because I don't do things just because someone says that I should do them.
Speaker 8: It has to be real. I have to have a conviction about it.
Speaker 23: But I will marinate it so I can figure out, like how does this revelation actually fit within the context of my life. So in the back of the books, each book has like something to marinate on, something to activate, and something to pray on, because I know everyone moves into change differently.
Speaker 3: I love the marinating before activating, but I feel like that's probably how the majority of us moved. Is there ever a time we shouldn't marinate before activating? Like the spirit says, do it?
Speaker 14: We just go?
Speaker 8: I mean, to each his own. I think if you feel.
Speaker 23: I'm not into telling folks, but they should do, you know what I mean? Like, I think, if you feel like there's a now on it, you should do that. You should move in it now. And a lot of times when we move in it now, we learn the marination lessons afterwards, you know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, what about the spirit though, So the spirit says move Like the spirit always tells you to be patient and marinate.
Speaker 8: I'm in relationship, not you.
Speaker 1: On that.
Speaker 8: I didn't have a choice, and I didn't have a choice.
Speaker 23: I didn't have a choice that, oh Lord, But yeah, no, no, I was in the spirit in that I had a mission to accomplish and I didn't want anything to distract me. And my husband wasn't there and my parents weren't there, so it wasn't like I was gonna be able toss the microphone. I was the you know, senior leadership person that was present in that room, and so I had to take it off. I didn't love it, I didn't enjoy it, but I stood up to it. And I think it was really interesting because I was going through something at that time where I was wondering could I be in Dallas a part of senior leadership, like with my past, with the way that I preached, with the way that I'm a little different than I guess traditional pastors. And I really did feel like God was trying to tell me, like, just be authentic, just trust yourself in that season of my life. And so that Sunday, when I'm sitting there with a wig cap on and then other women started taking their wigs off on the altars, I was like, you know what, I think this maybe God trying to tell me You're gonna have to show up as your full self in order to get this done. And I know a lot of people made fun of it, but there were so many people who were like, seeing you stand there being courageous. Stepping into that moment helped me so much to just embrace who I am. And so I really feel like God took something that would have been very embarrassing and at least allowed there to be a buffer from the people who were moved by that moment, well, at.
Speaker 1: Least for me.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's why we rock with her. You're always wanting to be your true self at all times.
Speaker 23: Well, I mean, like, y'all know, this isn't my hair, and like, no, it's not ideal, but it's not more important than what I'm here for. So like, I'm want to take it off and we're going to move on down the road. When I got back behind the platform that I was like, oh lord, I have desecrated the botto.
Speaker 1: So I'm not there are bundles on the officer.
Speaker 8: I have desecrated this place. But yeah, it just turns out it wasn't that way.
Speaker 1: I love Chapter sixteen to Know Your Harm? Oh yeah, what is knowing your heart?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 23: Well, I talk about the oath that doctors take where they say, you know that they'll do no harm, but they're also recognizing that they're practicing and when we move in power. Part of the reason why so many of us don't move in power is that we're afraid that we won't do it perfectly or that will make mistakes. But if we can embrace the reality that I'm going to be powerful and humble. I'm going to be wrong. I'm going to have to apologize. I'm going to mess up. I may say things too sharply. Then that doesn't make me any less powerful. As a matter of fact, it makes me more powerful because I recognize that my position of power could disrupt my relationships sometimes. But I value these relationships enough to learn how to be powerful in a way that honors the spaces that I'm in.
Speaker 4: Next time, what's your thought on the way that church is now? Right, as a kid, you had to go to church every Sunday. You had to be in the building, you had to sit there, and if there was a baptism, you was gonna be there all day. Now a lot of people turn it on Sunday morning and it's a lot easier. So what are your thoughts on people not actually attending the institution of church?
Speaker 8: First of all, y'are not about to tie tripping me.
Speaker 1: No you don't, No, you don't.
Speaker 8: Just be very clear. Let me see.
Speaker 23: I mean, I think that the world is changing, and as the world changes, I think people are finding things that are more convenient for them. And I do think that you are able to have intimate encounters with God from this comfort of your own home, and I think it's powerful that that's the way that things are being spread. I think it's like watching a football game at home, like you can get hyphe you can be excited for your team, but there is something about being in the room with other people that makes you just take things over the edge. I was surprised that in a world where people aren't coming to Chracha, we have forty thousand women at the woman Evolve conference, because I'm like, I don't know that this is a thing that people are going to really be into when they like virtual experiences, but there is something that happens in healthy community and connection that allows your faith to really be strengthened. I've had people come into rooms and like they didn't really want to be there, somebody drug them in there. They were going through a depression, they don't even know why they were there, but just being in the space, sitting next to someone who was able to care for them and just being surrounded by worship lifted their spirits when they couldn't lift their own hands. And I don't think that there's any substitute for that.
Speaker 1: Would you also keep it tight though one hour's let us go.
Speaker 8: I don't. Yeah, it's it's finished.
Speaker 1: He said it.
Speaker 23: Everything everything he said has been said to me, and so now we can go home and have brunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I do think we have to honor.
Speaker 23: People's time because people do have options, and so being really intentional about making sure people feel like I can go get out and have the rest of my day is part of what we should really lean into.
Speaker 4: I will keep a lot. We have more with Sarah Jakes Roberts when we come back. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning warning everybody at j NV. Jesse hilarious, Charlomage the God. We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Sarah Jakes Roberts.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne. Is the church whack?
Speaker 3: That's the question that's wanted, the question. That's what I got smoked for. He said that he thinks the church has become whacked.
Speaker 23: I heard in context what he said made a lot more sense, but I heard the sound bite was trash. I think that everyone has a different experience of church, and I think that there are some people who have probably had an experience that has disheartened them in that way.
Speaker 8: But I love the church.
Speaker 23: I mean as much as I went through my own church hurt and trauma. The church was also really beautiful to me in times where I didn't have anywhere to go and I could sit in that presence and experience God. And sometimes to really experience God in church, you have to look past the people. And maybe that's why. Maybe it's not because maybe it keeps our focus on once you really matter.
Speaker 1: I love what you said to about know your harm.
Speaker 3: You said deflecting from the way that you harm someone and highlighting the way that they harm instead is a sign of immaturity that keeps you from truly being helpful.
Speaker 1: Found on that.
Speaker 23: Well, A lot of times we will not embrace what we did to someone because of what they've done to us, and it keeps us from owning our stuff and growing and so being able to say, even though my teacher may not be perfect, like my teacher may have failed in chemistry, but they getting an A plus in this history class, that means that I need to at least be able to receive from them this opportunity to grow. And I feel like in relationships that's hard, especially if you're married, because when you're married, your person brings up something and you like, oh, but last week you did X, Y, and Z. But what did you do today? You know, and how can you own that? And I think when we own our stuff, we give other people permission to do it as well. Sometimes we want to be the person who receives the apology, but not the one who gives it. But we have the lead in humility and vulnerability.
Speaker 1: You said that's how you went into a rate word initially.
Speaker 8: Right where oh, no, yeah.
Speaker 1: Everything, Yes, his stuff at him all the time.
Speaker 23: Well, I don't know if I was throwing his stuff at him as much as I was maybe reciting it in my own head. But I think I will say that when I was single, after I went through my divorce, I finally got my life together with me and my two kids.
Speaker 8: You really could not.
Speaker 23: Tell me that I was not misindependent out here. So I really went into our relationship with a certain level of pride where I was like, at the end of the day, I got my stuff together. I finally love who I am and embracing it. And so when I was in relationship with him, and he would just ask me the simplest of questions.
Speaker 8: We weren't even fighting.
Speaker 23: It would just be like, why'd you do that I didn't like that because I'm not used to having nobody question my decisions, and it was a simple, harmless question, and so I think that I went into a defensive one because I wanted to protect my healing. And when you're in a marriage and you go into it trying to protect yourself and make sure that you don't get done the way that you were done in the past, I don't know that it's fair for creating intimacy, and so I had to do a lot of work of receiving his perspective and finding it valuable so that I could become better, and I have become better as a result of it.
Speaker 1: What does power look like in a relationship?
Speaker 23: Those dynamics are always changing, I think, especially now that we see, you know, hyper masculinity is beginning to be interrogated. We're seeing women move into positions where sometimes they're the breadwinners and men at home being more comfortable taking care of the family. I think power in a relationship is recognizing the strengths of what your person carries and how that strength builds you in your area of weakness, without feeling like they have to be strong or stronger in the same area that you're strong. I think it's like this symbiotic relationship, this flow where you're able to build a life together because both of you bring something different to the table, and to honor that, to really honor it is important.
Speaker 3: You said something else in the book. You said, when you are unable to connect the dots between who you since you could become and who you presently are, it doesn't just cause internal frustration.
Speaker 1: It renders you powerless.
Speaker 3: And one of the examples you use is you don't defend yourself when misunderstood. Yeah, and to me, not feeling to need to explain yourself is power.
Speaker 23: Well, I think not explaining yourself and not defending yourself, and I think it's different because you have a platform and so you can't defend yourself twenty four to seven. But when we're in intimate relationships with someone and they have an expectation of who we are or this idea of who we are, and we don't change that, we allow them to believe it, we do end up powerless because I'm not even bringing the full version of who I am into this friendship, into this parent child dynamic, and you end up robbing yourself of the ability to really show up in your power and allow them to believe something about you that's not true. And so it is powerful to be like, you got me messed up, Like that's not what I believe, that's not what I think. And if we're going to walk this thing out, I want you to know who I am for real, so that you can know what to expect from me.
Speaker 1: Relationship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 14: It's hard for me doing is telling them the book they're not gonna buy. If you asking all the questions about the book, making her basically recite the.
Speaker 1: Book, you should pray to your Bob looks like hers, that's what you should.
Speaker 2: He could get here.
Speaker 1: Because you forced me to see. What message are you hoping people get from the book? Oh?
Speaker 23: The message that I am hoping people get from the book is that power is a flow and that power that you have experienced in your past is still present in your future. It just must it just might be taking on a different form. So to be open to how power is being redefined in your present. Prayer, Thank you God for this opportunity, for this platform, Thank you for using these voices at this stage in their life. And I usually pray for the listeners. But God, I'm going to pray for them that you would stir up the gift of God that's on the inside of them, that you would highlight the areas of their life where you want them to experience more of your power and to show them the power that you've placed inside of them. I thank you God for giving them wisdom strategy not just for their careers, but for their family, their emotional health and wellness. And God, I pray that you would continue to show them your life that they may lean into it in Jesus' name.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Make sure you go get Sarah Jake roberts new book Power Moves Ignite your Confidence to become a Force, and subscribe to her podcast, The Woman of All Podcasts on the Black effect Ieheart Radio podcast Network.
Speaker 1: That's right. We appreciate you for coming, Miss Roberts.
Speaker 3: You need to come more often for people who think church is whack because you're the person I feel like is going to bridge the gap between you know, church in this new generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really feel that way.
Speaker 23: Oh, so thank you. That's a tremendous honor a lot of responsibility. But I'm committed to, you know, holding down my Square.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, Sarah Jakes Roberts. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Mourning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's dj NV, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne to God or the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's get to Jess with the message.
Speaker 10: You use real Jeff car Robber Moore, just don't do no.
Speaker 16: Lines, don't do that talk, don't spend nobody talk the space world why jests worldwide?
Speaker 2: Mess on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: She's a coach of ship.
Speaker 17: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 2: The time to set it off.
Speaker 14: The Weekend's manager, cash xos security guard, is in critical condition. He was shot multiple times during the running at Xo's home with three males wearing hoodies and masks. CMZ reported that the security guard her gunshots and realize he was wounded shortly after engaging this engaging the suspects around two twenty five am. Uh The security guard, who identity has not been made public yet, was rushed to the hospital to treat his injuries. However, he was taken into surgery and is expected to survive, and Cashow was left unharmed.
Speaker 3: I'll be wanting to hear more because I want to know how wild people are, Like, did they see the security guard in say effort and shoot just to get in, or did the security guard see him.
Speaker 1: Come in and confront them and then it was a shootout.
Speaker 4: Because he has a security booth in front of his house though, so I'm sure they seen the booth. But yeah, that's very scary that regardless of seeing the security guard, they still they still wanted action, which is very scary. That's why LA is very scary. You had so many homebreakings and I've seen Kyle Riches. They just took you know, a million dollars worth of stuff out of her house. It's serious scary, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 20: It is.
Speaker 1: Moving on.
Speaker 14: Ice Spice accused of cheating on her boyfriend, being colorless and fat phobic. So Ice Spice's ex best friend attempted to expose her being a bad for being a bad person.
Speaker 1: In the series of posts that she made on Twitter.
Speaker 14: She alleged her ex best friend no, the ex best friend is a singer named Baby Storm. She claims that she was Ice spice real best friend and that the rapper Cleo Trapper is just her industry best friend. I didn't even know that Cleo Trapper and Ice Spice was considered a friends. I mean, but they're both two rappers in the game or whatever, all right, they may be hanging around each other lately. She claimed that Ice Spies actually hates Cleo and pretends to be friends with her so she can seem closer to blackness, whatever that means. She also claimed Ice Pie was fat phobic and that she cheated our boyfriend and produced a riot with the Rapplo TJ. She supported all of her accusations with screenshots of text messages and that she alleged that she had with Ice Spies, and some of the texts that she posted on Twitter shows actual conversations with Ice Spice, one mocking a dark skinned woman, claiming that the woman is looking for sympathy by saying that she has to work harder because she is a dark skinned woman, and she also referred to a fat person as why body, Like, don't.
Speaker 1: We all like it's these girls just mad? Like she's upset. I mean, I did something to her and she's one of the friends.
Speaker 4: We cool, you know, whatever it may be, but now we're not cool no more, and you indulge you talk about everything that we discussed.
Speaker 14: She called a fat person, why body? And you probably laughed?
Speaker 1: Or why not a dish? You in the cars? And people like the wide body bends, right, they do, like the wide body bends.
Speaker 4: The wild body challenges in charges like that's what people want. They want the wild bodies.
Speaker 14: Yeah, honestly, Baby Song continued to tweet that Riot was one of the only people that was in Ice Spice this corner and continually continuously pushed her and encouraged her by Ice Spices betrayed him by sleeping with Little TJ and then rapping about it in a song which was produced by a Little Riot and it features Little TJ.
Speaker 1: And we got all these people little but she wide body. That's just a friend.
Speaker 14: Friend, that's the No, the friend don't rap, she sing, but she wanted to rap first, got you guys, And then she said that Ice Spice actually just hung around her to steal like her fact, like what she wanted.
Speaker 1: But this is the song.
Speaker 14: But I hope you don't care when I'm with him what she was there.
Speaker 1: Pull with my wid body bens with my wild body friend. I think big is the rist and why body? I think why body? Is I think big is cute? Oh my god, I think why bodies worse than big back?
Speaker 14: I don't why body? Yeah big, you can be wide without being big.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you got a wide body, you got a big back. No, why I go this way? No, because some bitches got broad shoulders.
Speaker 3: But but I'm saying, even when you say big back with broad shoulders, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Big back is not insulting all the time. Why bodies? Why that just makes hit? Everything is just why? Why is it all outdoor? Now?
Speaker 14: That's that's what you're taking this to a whole nother level. Because I hit a lot at cookouts. But why it's all out That's what people aren't to be saying when they trying to say.
Speaker 1: Somebody fit, that's not That's not what you're saying. Somebody on, Yes, you do your little bob like that when you look at me, yes, and everything?
Speaker 14: So what look, So listen, listen the last she said, she said, we way in forever. So basically, yeah, I know I'm my little ice pye bid. But she she clearly is talking about her and the little TJ or whatever. But yo, if your if your man is the producer of the song, and he hear you say damn Minefield this way forever and he being your boyfriend for for a while, I'll be like, hold up what you mean. But the fans aren't really sold on Baby Storms accusations because when she shared the history of their friendship with Ice Spice, people realized that they weren't really friends. Like she said, in high school, she was bullied by Ice Spice, and then she started and then Ice Spies started being nice to her when and supporting her when she seeing that Baby Storm was doing music.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well I do think that.
Speaker 4: Don't quote me, but I do think Riot, who actually makes to beat with us, who is the alleged boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I think they write with each other too, so I don't I think that's part of their whole writing. They did it together.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, I don't know none of these people except for Little DJ and Ice Spice.
Speaker 1: Okay, no Babystorm and Riot, you know. Nope. God bless him though, yeah.
Speaker 14: God God bless him me, right, But just some New York news, you know, because we're in New York, so I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: People are listening wanting to know about this.
Speaker 3: Little beefy and if you if you didn't get anything from it, at least you got a new term today.
Speaker 1: Why why.
Speaker 3: Okay, keep that in your group chats though you know you can't be sharing that outside of your group chats. Everybody is so sensitive. Okay, somebody changing, somebody naming their phone right now, the wide body, because that's a good one, especially if you got a first name that started with a W. Wide body want it? I said, a man, you're so disrespectful. That's the problem, Walter. That's given like uncle, granddad like it. Better not be no young people named. All right, talk today, we give it a donkey. Listen, four after hour, four after the hour. We need another old man, a young man with an old name. Othello, Othello. Lorenzo Holmes needs to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a word with him. All right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club in the morning.
Speaker 2: You're checking out the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: Your execution on the donkey of the day is something to go hold.
Speaker 14: Give you the reason I gave me donkey other day, and I deserve that you need to know what you need to tell them. I am you have the voice tell them.
Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 10: It's a read.
Speaker 2: But you're so good at charlamage. What he wants charlamage?
Speaker 1: Damn solomame?
Speaker 8: Who do you give the dusky other day?
Speaker 21: Sun?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 3: Wow, sexy red Donkey to day for Tuesday, April thirtieth, go to twenty seven year old Othello.
Speaker 1: Lorenzo Holmes, young man with a old name. Okay.
Speaker 3: Othello is accused of putting the d in dessert literally okay. He was caught on video plays in his penis into open food items at the Culture restaurant in Houston. But not only that, he was accused of possessing several videos of child pornography on his cell phone. I can't make any of this up. Let's call the Fox twenty sixth Houston for the report.
Speaker 1: Police.
Speaker 15: It's a very sick and disturbing story.
Speaker 1: A fellow.
Speaker 15: Holmes is facing five counts of possession of child pornography.
Speaker 1: And this comes after the manager.
Speaker 15: Of a restaurant called Culture showed police videos of homes sticking his penis in a jar of jelly.
Speaker 3: Houston streets are safe for tonight because we took a pedophile off the street.
Speaker 15: Those words coming from restaurant owner Marcus Davis after his former employee was caught on camera sticking his genitals in jelly and what he was.
Speaker 19: Doing on the video was placing his genitals in a plastic jar in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: And he was a cook.
Speaker 15: The former restaurant employee, twenty eight year old Atthellow Homes. According to court records, Holmes, confessed to the crime and told investigators he had frequent urges.
Speaker 19: I can tell y'all this individual is a predator.
Speaker 15: The incident leading investigators to search his phone, where they found more than one hundred images and videos of child porn.
Speaker 3: Odello is a cue of allegedly creating and sharing child pornography, and he's accused of sticking his penis.
Speaker 1: In some pudding. Oh excuse me, it was jelly Otello said, who ain't ready for this?
Speaker 3: Jelly Othello was out here adding new items to the menu like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, peanuts butter cookies, spicy peanut butter noodles.
Speaker 1: Listen, this guy has a problem, man.
Speaker 3: He said he had a sexual urge, but he stopped himself before he ejaculated. He also admitted to having these urges frequently and has a history of sexual offenses, saying he has a problem with these sexual urges, and he says he needs help now. When this man is in jail, because you know, you do the crime, you gotta do the time. But while you're doing the time, can he get some help? Is he gonna get the help he needs or is he just gonna do some time and then get put right back on the streets with the same urges where it's only a matter of time before he commits the same offense. The man had several videos of child pornography on his cell phone, and he's got a sexual fetish for food, so he's a pedophile. And when you have a sexual fetish for food, it's called cytophilia or sidophilia. Cytophilia sidophilia one of the two a sexual fetish which participate are aroused by erotic situations involving food. Between that and the child pornography, this man will probably lose his mind at a chucky cheese. Can you imagine the sick thoughts that go through his head when he sees the kids menu. This man will take some chicken nuggets to pound town. He would absolutely try to mac on some mac and cheese. And if you think you won't fornicate with fish fingers, huh, you out of your damn mind. The irony is kids menus off of smaller portions for smaller appetites. But this man doesn't have a smaller appetite. He has a huge sexual appetite and going to prison not gonna change that. Because if he's already into child porn and he's down to do a hot beef injectionist some jelly, he's definitely down to do a two person push up with his sally And what the sally rhyme with jelly? All I'm simply saying is we repeat what we don't repair. Please give Othello, Lorenzo Holmes, the biggest sea hull. This man needs some type of help while he's in prison. There's gotta be something that they can do, because why do you keep putting somebody like this on the street just to commit the same crimes over and over.
Speaker 14: Like you said, he admitted to having urges, those urg.
Speaker 3: And he said he needs help. He's begging for help. They got to do something for this guy while he's in prison. I don't know what you do, but it's gotta be something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, thank you for that donkey today, though, like what.
Speaker 3: That's old that's an old that's old school day. Oh my god, that's from a player of something. Yeah, it sounds like Shakespeare's a little Shakespeare play by William Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: Othello, damn, yeah, I'm all right, Well, thank you for that donkey today.
Speaker 4: Now when we come back, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one five one. Mac and Jess Larrus were having this conversation over something that Lotto tweeted wide body. Matt Lotto asked, do you She said, when she poops in front of her man, she actually goes downstairs so her man doesn't know what she's doing.
Speaker 1: She does not poop or pass gas in front of her man. So that is the question.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, Ladies, what are your thoughts on using the bathroom around your partner?
Speaker 3: Whenever I hear this conversation is interesting to me because I'm like, Okay, how big is the apartment, how big is the trailer, how big is the house?
Speaker 1: Where is the bathroom? The trailer is crazy? I grew up in the trail.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, that's not sorry. You grow up sometimes mobile homes homes is great. So where's the bathroom? Because you can go in the bathroom and close the door?
Speaker 1: What did he? What do you mean when you you pooping in front of your mate like.
Speaker 2: You a cat?
Speaker 4: Well, some people won't even poop where I was gonna say, mate where their spouse is not even in the house, So they wait till their spouse goes to work, and then they use the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Now they wait to their spouses outside, then they get the bathroom. Some people do that. Some people do that. That's not just I don't. I really don't.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I go to the bathroom with the door open. You can come and talks. Mean, how do you feel today? What happened that you're up all of it? I don't, I don't care. And it was different when you go you've got gas. Like if we in the land in the bed and were watching a movie and I have gas and this pregnancy gas is crazy. I will get up because I'm not a big fan when somebody when they pass gas under the covers, and then you know what I mean, the next person got to be trapped under the covers with Yeah, so I'll get about the bed and walk a couple of feet over the air out you know what I'm saying, fan my booty and all that. But pooping is whatever. It's in the bathroom, it's like whatever, And I'm okay with Like if he's in the tub, Oh yeah, I'm coming to the bedroom.
Speaker 4: I'm using the bedroom. Yeah, well, GiB will not poop while I'm in the bathroom.
Speaker 16: Like.
Speaker 4: She wants her privacy when she wants to use the bathroom. She wants to use the bathroom. She's closing the door. She does not want me in there at all. She wants her privacy. And she's not passing gas in front of me either. I'm different. I'm all day. I'm putting it under the covers. I'm holding the covers and then letting it pop out when using the bathroom, I busted the door. Like he make her feel uncomfortable, start having conversations when if she hates.
Speaker 1: You, No, I don't know. So you do things purposely that you know your wife don't like. Yeah, a child, Yeah, I'm the one that's gonna fart in front of the kids.
Speaker 3: Hate London, that's me. Even this thing together. Man, Come on, it's time for you to tell us. Let's keeping that's I don't see. I'm like, I'm like Madison cracked my knuckles.
Speaker 1: That's me. I'm that guy. Yes, I'm that dad. I'm that I'm the one that locks. I'm the one that locks the windows in the cars. Pass gas. Your name should be Walter. He like to be a water.
Speaker 4: Let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: Do you use the bathroom? Do you pass gas in front of your spouse? That is the question. We'll talk about it when we come back at the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Come morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: It's topic time. Eight hundred five five one. Join into the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarius Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us, we're talking about this conversation comes from a tweet that Lotto put out yesterday, Big Lotto. She said, y'all iss in front of y'all man, I sneak downstairs. So the question is eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, Ladies, what are your thoughts on using the bathroom around your partner.
Speaker 1: Jes says she doesn't care.
Speaker 3: Well, somebody has to define in front of you, saying around Lotto said in front of what's what does that mean?
Speaker 1: In front of.
Speaker 14: If he is a damn ari mbry So like when he is in the bathroom, like when Chris is in the bathroom brushing his teeth, or if he's in a tub in the shower, I'll come.
Speaker 1: We have a very big bathroom.
Speaker 14: You know, he has his own like side, like we have his or her saints and stuff. But it's one solid and yeah, I will use it no matter what I have to do, number one, number two, whatever. Now he's not the same. He ain't really do that, like you know what I mean, he closes the door. I've never been a person that closed the door or whatever. So yeah, I'll pop around him.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 14: I said it was different for gas, but you just said pooping, So yeah, I poop around him.
Speaker 10: Gas.
Speaker 1: You don't care what it is what it is now.
Speaker 14: Listen, you know his levels the gas because you know when it's ray bid and you know it's when it's going to be an okay one, like a little mediocre one.
Speaker 1: You can just pass. You know, I'll do that around the mediocre when you do around them, but the hot one you I'm all right, I still let him know. I'm ready. Let one off and I'll move. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have no desire to see my wife poop, and she has no desire to want to see me poop. Like if I'm taking a shower and she in the bathroom, I'm just taking a shower while she in the bathroom. If I'm brushing my teeth while she in the bathroom, I don't care. But that's because we got a door on the bathroom, so I don't even see what she's doing. My question would be, why is a mate? Do you want to see that? Why is that something you want to see?
Speaker 14: Well, nobody said you want to say it. It's just sometimes.
Speaker 1: Be in the bathroom, and like you, I just joke with my wife. I like to make it feel comfortable at times.
Speaker 2: I just want because I'm stupid.
Speaker 1: That makes no sense. I'm being honest with you. Serious, that's just me, but I'm that would you want to make your wife feel un comforted? It's funny to me because I know she hates it. Not just walking the starving quest. So you do things you you know your wife hates on purpose? I just show you I did that. Yes, that's stupid.
Speaker 14: That could have been this topic. But with dumb ish do you do just to make your spouse mad?
Speaker 1: Purposely tell me good morning, Hey, tell me good morning.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: J Yeah, we're out of doubt of my man.
Speaker 14: Say the game, you don't.
Speaker 9: I would not pass gas in front of my man. If I have to go for a file movement, I'll go opposite bathroom, up wherever he is. If he's in the bedroom, I'm going in the living room. If he's in the living room, I'm going in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I in a.
Speaker 9: Small area, I'll step a paper cowl lighted, blow it out. The smoke will take away the smell.
Speaker 1: Damn, that's a lot. I respect it.
Speaker 3: It's probably not.
Speaker 9: I just think that a man you don't want to smell like a man.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I don't see the desire. That's what I keep asking, Like, what's the desire for a man or even a woman to want to be in front of you while you poop.
Speaker 4: It's not even a desire. People think that you should be so comfortable with your spouse that if you got to go to the bathroom, you go to the bathroom, whether bathroom or whatever.
Speaker 1: Is you not hurrying up lighting other stuff?
Speaker 3: Like do you think maybe we're talking about bathrooms that don't have doors? Like you know, you go in some bathrooms and it's the toilet and the shower they all out in the open. If you're going the bathroom in the bathroom, if you go in the bathroom with the sink and the shower on the outside, but then the bathroom has a door, I don't see the problem with that.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? Hey, good morning at the coop.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's the only time I can.
Speaker 1: Damn that sitting on that that's when you have a conversation because you know he can't move, Yeah.
Speaker 9: He can't sit there and listen like hold up now, oh my god, you.
Speaker 16: Know I.
Speaker 1: Why can't you do that while you're on top of him having sex or something like her husband right there in the car whatever, wal you're talking about, Welcome.
Speaker 12: The morning.
Speaker 9: They're like, hold up now.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Walter, you and Shirley have a great day, you stupid man.
Speaker 4: Eight don't drink five eight five one oh five. What we're asking do you poop or pass gas around your spouse. Let's talk about it. Let's have a conversation. That's the breakfast local bore.
Speaker 2: Let's say, if you're all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 7: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one o five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody's DJ n V jes Hilarius Charlamage the God.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast club. Now if you're just joining.
Speaker 4: Us, this conversation actually comes from Lotto Lotto tweety yesterday, y'all is in front of y'all, man I sneak downstairs.
Speaker 1: So that is the question.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one, ladies, what are your thoughts on using the bathroom around your partner?
Speaker 1: And we have Tanika on the line tonight. Good morning, good morning, Good morning from hey y'all, just don't do no mess, good morning. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 9: My thoughts on that is that I went through the same exact thing with my husband now eighty years But in the beginning, man, I couldn't wait till you lead the house.
Speaker 17: Oh wow, I could use the downpoom, but now I'll take them out.
Speaker 3: He's not a bathroom y'all got is y'all toilet and shower like all in this same place.
Speaker 9: When we first started, it was the one studio.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I had to wait until you leave.
Speaker 9: Now we have two restrooms. I don't even care. Okay, Like then, can you go back to waiting so I leave?
Speaker 1: Does the toilet area have a closed door?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, see that's all I'm talking about. If the toilet area gotta closed door, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that smell comes through that closed door. I don't care. I don't close hell, I don't close the door. Hey, what's your name? Mama? They tell you sh Do you poop in front of your spouse and past gas?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 20: I do?
Speaker 12: Because we've been together for two years?
Speaker 1: Now? How long? Two years? Oh?
Speaker 3: No, you still got a least at least I can take you back. Okay, as soon as it least two years? Ain't nothing?
Speaker 1: Stop being nasty, I can take you back. It's crazy up, Stevee, what's up, brother? How you feeling, man?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling too. Man.
Speaker 9: Hey, my wife.
Speaker 10: In front of me, get together, But me, I'm t I'd be like here.
Speaker 1: Head kids, it is what it is. I do I do that too. I'm I'm not dad. I'm I'm gonna fault on my kids when they give me a hug. It's just, you know what's funny.
Speaker 3: If if y'all ever got your wives journals or diaries or talk to your wives therapist, you will see how much you don't like that. You think she love it in your mind, she loves it. You think you're being so funny, you're so cute, when all she wanted to fuck free.
Speaker 14: Husband that is not ever gonna have. You're not gonna ever get a fuck free nothing. But when you clowned out like yeah, Stevie, I was your kids.
Speaker 2: My my son son, and my daughter is fourteen.
Speaker 4: You know what you do to your wife next time you put a little chocolate on toilet paper and you chase him around the house with it.
Speaker 1: I've done that before. I've done that before. I've done that before. They want divorces so bad.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at this article right now that the Guardian road it said farting in front of anyone is not a symptom of societal collapse, but it is morally offensive and kills the romance when you do it in front of your partner, It also signifies a breakdown in respect.
Speaker 1: That may sound extreme, but farting is just gross. Tessa.
Speaker 10: What's that? Hey?
Speaker 1: Good morning? What you calling from? Tessa?
Speaker 9: Good morning morning?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll asking do you poop a past gas in front of your spouse?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 9: I'm not spooping and I'm not passing. That's not at all when I was pregnant maybe you know what I mean, but I was look do there for like eighteen years. But it's type of situation, but not just on.
Speaker 1: Word literally like you at all?
Speaker 9: I don't think.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thank you mama. What's the more all of the story, guys.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you gotta do what works for you and your significant other, but just make sure it does work for your significant others. Like you know, I mean, you should probably ask questions and don't be like envy and things just because he's funny, you know what I think, because he being cute, because the other people might actually hate it all he didn't know. Yeah, and you know, I don't fart in my clothes and I don't want to be in front of nobody pooping. And please always remember that if you a man fartening around another man, that's a form of flirting, because why would you want that man to know what your ass mell.
Speaker 1: Like you have been through somethings.
Speaker 4: All right, we got just with the mess coming up? What we're talking about? Can I read your notes to the people out there?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Uh, she has these notes that she writes down right, and these notes are under her rumors and her reports.
Speaker 1: So she writes m V.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne, jelly jelly jelly jelly, jelly balls and testicles jelly jelly jeil like. Then she writes her full name and jelly jelly. Then she got numbers thirty five minus fourteen.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty one. I'm doing math. You just put everything on his paper.
Speaker 14: Yeah, oh my god, my brain works so crazy. I don't know when I'm bored.
Speaker 1: I have to write.
Speaker 14: But coming up in the news, it's even beef with the Africans. It's it's beef and afro beets.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, for the Africans beef the Africans is beef. And all right, i'mna tell you which see when we.
Speaker 4: Come back, all right, we'll get to it next. It's the Breakfast logan morning, the breakfast Club. Let's get the jest with the mess.
Speaker 10: Us is real weather, it's lies, just Ca robbing Moore.
Speaker 16: Just don't do no lines, don't do that talky talk the world.
Speaker 2: Why jests worldwise Mas talk to on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: She's the coaches Ship.
Speaker 17: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that.
Speaker 8: Nobody could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 14: Okay, so first there was a red beef. Vince Taylor took a shot at kim K. Kim K didn't say nothing, thank good. And then now the Vito on wiz Kids. They hit the blogs after they had a back and forth on X all right, so then then that beef started when wiz Kid posted a subliminal tweet saying that an anonymous artist and his washed up crew go to sleep at night believing they can compete with him. Then he followed up with another tweet saying that there's no point in addressing delusionalnigas. He said it is no the point is no point in addressing them any further, and that he just pray for them. The Vito clared all the speculation when he responded to whiz Kid directly and he reposted his suite about delusionalnigas and added, we not delusional, you're sick.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 14: Wiz K responded with a video mocking the Vito crying for help. I don't know what this was, but there was a parody video of the Vito crying for help when he was trying to get his girlfriend back after she had found out that he was with a side check. So the Vito responded again by roaster whiz Kid. Now he said, that's what I thought. Nothing to say exactly why I stopped wasting my clout and jeopardizing my millions of US dollars on you know, we're ever going? He put usd of endorsements on somebody whose career was resurrected a few years ago and just died again. Next, he said the next week he said, size size seven shoe nigga shot at footlock of kids, you know, because you know they say stuff back was it's kids for like, you know, they understand each other.
Speaker 1: Drake. Drake just said that too. By the way, whoever I know that, I know the Veto said it right right.
Speaker 14: So when Shavern reported the story, the Veto hopped in the comments and kept going.
Speaker 1: He said he a beach cokehead.
Speaker 14: And then he said he shot at footlock of kids again, and then he said he got to get his designer retailed beach and he he was going in.
Speaker 1: Now, if one of them puts hands on the other, you know what, they're gonna call it afrobeach. That was a good one. That was. But listen for that one. He thought about that whole wait for that way.
Speaker 14: Look he even got his down last because he laughed himself. But it's not that that funny. You gotta put your head down with it. But because I actually said that when I when I, when I teased the rumors, oh you said the first. That's my See he don't listen, he don't listen.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 14: They had beef for ures though, and it was a rumor that the Vido slapped his ass backstage. They had a concert in Dubai in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: You slap him on the ass. No, I'm sorry, sick.
Speaker 3: You get across the state when one of them jumping, she said, she said said slap.
Speaker 1: We all knew what she meant. Yeah, so Han's no.
Speaker 14: The Veto slapped him in the face and Dubai back in twenty seventeen when he had be fine backstage at a concert.
Speaker 3: That's what I don't like to see though, because a artist are the ones making the music that makes us all feel leble best music, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What y'all beefing for? I know, I know Diddy's daughter goes to prom.
Speaker 14: So diddy seventeen year old daughter Chance went to prom with Chloe and Hallie's little brother, Branson.
Speaker 1: You knew you had a little brother name Branson. You didn't even know. That's crazy, but yeah, so yeah, yeah Brandon.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but he's so cute. You look like both of them put together. Brother that this is your little cousin, this Chloe and Hanley little brother. His name brance o what you said?
Speaker 1: No, but it's all right.
Speaker 14: Branston posted a picture to a social media with the caption take a Chance two K four two K twenty four, which obviously is a player on her name, and then Chance commented on the post saying, I love you. So they're relationship and you just never realized, Like I remember these little girls being like even Diddy's twins and Chance being so small, and now like they're at prom they're seventeen years old. Crazy, Yes, fly, that's crazy. That's what people were saying about Ash We used to see when.
Speaker 1: He was little? Was it he there prom taking pictures?
Speaker 14: You know, I know, but don't say that this fout dark folder was there. But I don't even think price can come.
Speaker 1: To prom No. No, but you you know you watch more of the get stuff, you know.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 14: No, But Chloe and Haley showed their approval of Chance by commenting hard eye emojis on the post He's so cute together it.
Speaker 1: Is Promise season already. Yes, yes it did. It just kicked off about a week ago. But is in Atlanta, yep.
Speaker 14: Quavo raises fifty thousand to support gun violence prevention this weekend Quevo with This past weekend, Quevo hosted the seventh annual Haunt Sho Day in collaboration with Quavo Cares and the Rocket Foundation. I mean, he had his celebrity friends come through to participate in a seven or seven flag football basketball game and a full day of event. Some of the celebrities that showed up with Drew Ski, Stephen Jackson, Flange, Johnson, King Harris, and a couple more people. The event sold out with over four thousand attendees. Nice and they raised fifty thousand dollars for the Rocket Foundation and support of gun violence prevention.
Speaker 1: Bigger and bigger every year than to donate even more money next year.
Speaker 14: So yes, And of course the Rocket Foundation was established to honor the life and legacy of Takeoff. So I thought that was pretty good and real quick, I want to send out healing energy and my condolences to actress Natory Naughton and her family following the news of her father passed. And I just saw her on a flight back from Atlanta when we came back from the podcast festival, and you know, being at Clark and she was a high spirit. She was just energy was high. She was nice, and she saw me on the plane. She was talking to me, pouring into me and and all of that, giving me advice on you know, because she just had a baby, you know, and working and having such a busy career and hugged me and everything, and she just got the devastating news that her dad passed.
Speaker 1: So definite nobbing to her family. Yeah. So that is just with the Mess or the third Hour, Thank you, Jess, appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Up next, we got the People's Choice mixed or get your requested and it's the Breakfast slogan morning, so you're checking out the Breakfast Club. Warning everybody, it's DJ Envy, Just Hilario shaw Lamina guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 1: Salute to Sarah Jigs Roberts for joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, make sure you go get her new book, Power Moves Man. It is available everywhere you buy books. Now. I actually listen to it. I'm listening to it now on audible. But it's called Power Moves and Nite your confidence and become a force. And that's what Sarah Jakes Roberts is, man, she's definitely a force. Or salute to her, all right.
Speaker 4: And when we come back, we got a positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ n G Hilarious, charlomagnea Gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, it's time to get up out of here, please real quick. Before we get out of here.
Speaker 14: This weekend, y'all, your girl Just Larious will be on that stage in Louisville, Kentucky at the Louisville Comedy Club. Gets your tickets at Just Hilarious official dot com or Louisville Comedy Club dot com. We got four shows Friday and Saturday, so make sure you get your tickets.
Speaker 1: That's for the y'all sell out that is dope. And where can they get the tickets again, just.
Speaker 14: Larious Official dot com or Louisville Comedy dot Com.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry in.
Speaker 3: Salute to everybody who listens to us on a real ninety three point one in uh Louisville. And also I want to tell y'all, man, make sure you go out there and pre order my new book, get on us or die line Why Small Talk Sucks, which will be out in May twenty first, but it's available for pre order everywhere you buy books now.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: You can go to Why Small Talksucks dot com to see my upcoming book tour dates. So I'll be coming to a city near you real soon, that's right, And then a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, we're still on radio in Vegas too, right, salute Vegas. I know we did it a couple of times when we were out there, right, I have no idea, Yeah, were still on the radio Vegas. I'm gonna be out there this weekend for the Lovers and Friends Festival that that's gonna be Lussies Festival. So I'm gonna be out there. I'm gonna be doing a day party the day before R and B day party. Then I'm going to Hardean, which is the smoke shop, and then the concert. So it should be it should be a lot of fun. It should be a lot of fun. So salute everybody heading out there. Y'all be safe, and I'll see y'all in Vegas this weekend.
Speaker 1: And salute the salute to Magic City. Man, you know Magic City.
Speaker 3: They heard us or heard me talk yesterday about how I didn't get my wings, so they're gonna send me some wings via gold Belly.
Speaker 1: But they also sent me well, I was shown well at this.
Speaker 3: But they salute to the guy who went to the window and lied and said he was with us, and that's why we didn't get all wings, because he ended up getting all the wings, not salute.
Speaker 1: So clearly he needed it more than we did.
Speaker 3: But if you gonna go to the window, the kitchen window and tell lone of them that you know you, you was there with me and you you wanted to get your free wings, Clearly you needed it more than.
Speaker 1: I do did, you'll say, man, we got Charlagne Hungary in here. Man where he wing at Man. I need them lemon peppers right now. And they gave all the bout all of them, literally all of them.
Speaker 3: All of them saluted Loma though on everybody in the kitchen, that magic city, and salute to you, La la la. You were a great service. I said that yesterday, but repeating it, okay, that's dope.
Speaker 1: The positive. Notice simply this.
Speaker 3: The people you meet are the reflections of a repeated cycle, our guides toward a new start.
Speaker 1: Notice the difference. Have a blessed day, breakfast, club bites. Do y'all finished or y'all done?