Speaker 1: Okay, So for years the prom has been a thing for black students, and most recently, the South has seemed to take over with fashionable or not so fashionable trends. Now, the pre pomp, pre prom send off parties have a DJ, they have a caterer, professional pictures, a car show, lots of family members and friends gathered around. We've seen the prom couple. Yeah, all of this. There was one where this young lady was going to prom. She had dancers. You saw that.
Speaker 2: They came out the house first, came.
Speaker 1: Out the house person.
Speaker 3: Then she came up.
Speaker 2: Yes, she had on what's hideous? I saw that she had a veil across Did she have a veil across the place? All of it?
Speaker 4: I did see.
Speaker 1: These problems. Today's are nothing like the ones we had back in the days. Do you remember your senior prom, Tommy? You remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I was dressed nice. My girl was dressed nice. I brought a what your bro and all that. Yeah, wasn't no, wasn't no. Uh. She was covered from head to top.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you that there's that other picture that was trending with the young lady in the I think lilac or lavender dress, peek. Yeah, all the middle was out. She had a top and a bottom, but all the out of her dress.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, come on, your age appropriate in some of these schools.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought they had the.
Speaker 3: Dress code too. Yeah, yeah for the prom. I know my daughter's school they have that. She didn't go to prom this year because she's only a sophomore, but they had dress code.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, what about you.
Speaker 2: If we can see your drawers, you can't get in. That's right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the dress code.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. You know, whatever the dress code is, the rules is where the parents at?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was saying.
Speaker 4: Why, I mean, you still at one point in time, you've got to say you got to be kidding me. You know you ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 3: No, no, yes, right right, Steve. You don't need the school's dress code to tell you you.
Speaker 4: Got a daughter that you let walk out of here looking in any kind of way. Yes, that don't make no sense, man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The top, the one with the top in the bottom and the middle was out in the middle. That was too much.
Speaker 3: It was I saw that one.
Speaker 4: I didn't see the.
Speaker 1: That was too much. I saw way too much.
Speaker 2: They do a lot man. Yeah, my problem, I'm glad my daughter ain't like that.
Speaker 1: Man, what you say?
Speaker 2: I said, My problem is, like I was going to church.
Speaker 4: We looked just like like all the other sisters in the church and the brothers in the church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just I said the best. That was it.
Speaker 4: My problem is one of the worst times of my life. Ragged prom Ding got to sleep at the table. I was out in that dance float holding the game.
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour, what we'll play? One has to go right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show.