Speaker 1: Hey, this is Anny and Samantha. Welcome to Steff. I never told you a production of I Hurted you, And welcome to another edition of A Happy Hour. May Star Wars edition, Yes, yes it Yes, as always, if you are drinking or whatever you're choosing to do, do so responsibly. If we mentioned anything in here, we're not currently sponsored by it, even Star Wars, so believe it or that missed opportunities, missed opportunities. Samantha, are you sipping on anything?
Speaker 2: Yes, bubble water?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 1: Oh well, I am sipping on blue milk. Oh you found I found some blue milk.
Speaker 2: What's it taste like?
Speaker 1: It tastes like vanilla milk, okay, whitely sweet milk.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: There's a splash of remit there.
Speaker 2: Put any alcohol in it, so I've had.
Speaker 1: A little bit of rem So for those who don't know, blue milk is kind of the iconic milk that you see throughout the series. You see it first in a New Hope when Lucas drinking it. It's available at the Disney theme parks, where it's not milk. Actually, but this, from what I've read, is the first time you've ever been able to buy it in grocery stores. It's limited time promotion, and I couldn't find it anywhere, and I was like, oh no, and yes I am a sucker. I can hear all of you rolling your eyes, and that's fair. But I was like, blue milk, I've got to get it. I also got Yeah, I got I got some Star Wars hot sauce too.
Speaker 2: But what is that? What is that?
Speaker 1: Well, I haven't gotten it yet, but it has ghost pet for it. It's gonna kick. I can't wait. It's got Darth Vader's helmet on it, and I personally love I think I might write a fan fiction about this, because I'm deciding what my fan fiction will be that I post on Star Wars Day, May the fourth, okay, And I think there could be a fun opportunity of Darth Vader realizing how much merchandise has his face on it. Ah, because it's just his helmet. Yeah, I think there's a lot you'd be angry about.
Speaker 2: But I think he's upset.
Speaker 1: I think he'll be.
Speaker 2: Because he didn't capitalize on it.
Speaker 1: I think he'll be upset because they're not respecting him.
Speaker 2: How dare you make me a bubblehead type.
Speaker 1: Or he's like a waffle iron. There's yes tissue paper like it's true, so there's a lot. I think something like dot toy, a dog toy. Yeah, I got one. It's pas.
Speaker 2: She loves yes, takes the cape and just sling.
Speaker 1: I think this is great. I think this is a good idea. I think this is what I'm going to go with because I wanted something kind of lighter for this one. But anyway, I couldn't find the blue milk. And my good friend friend of the show, Katie found it for me. Of course, she cured it for me, brought it. We tried it this weekend.
Speaker 2: She's a wizard. Yes, she finds things.
Speaker 1: She finds the thing I did. I was like, I knew she would be the one, and I said, can you please keep an eye out? And like a day later, she said, I found it And there was even a website you could go on and like search it out, and it wasn't showing up on anywhere near me, but she found it. Anyway, She and I and another friend tried it this weekend and we tried it with a bunch of different things, and we made up a bunch of different drinks. So it's been fun. It's been fun.
Speaker 2: I still a Kurt's thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Well. The other funny part of it is somehow my friend got I won't say co worse, but basically a sweet shop owner talked her into buying banana frum and we've been trying to we've been trying to use this and so we were trying to come up with drinks with that. I yeah, I'm like a one and done with this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she told me about this. She's like, I don't even to bring it to you because you can make cocktails. Like I don't know if I can save that.
Speaker 1: Yes, because she texted me and she was asking me, like, what can I do with this? And I said, I don't know. That's the first I've heard of this. But anyway, it is very nice. But yes, it is a one and done for me. But I'm happy I found it. And I've seen a lot of people experimenting with it, like making pancakes with it and stuff like that. So that's cool. For today, Yes, we are talking about Star Wars, and I love how many people have been contacting me about my thoughts on the prequel trilogy because the Phantom Menace is going to be back in theaters. I also have a fun project on Savor other podcasts we do where we're talking about popcorn buckets, and there's very elaborate popcorn buckets for Star Wars. I have to say, I didn't realize, and it's one of those things where I'm kind of stressed out because I sort of just planning on like watching Star Wars and eating food Star Wars and food and drinking Star Wars seem drinks. But I'm happy people want to hang out. I'm glad. I'm glad people are celebrating it. But I don't know what I'm gonna do yet. However, So today I did want to talk about something. This is actually an article I found a couple of months ago, and it's called eleven things we Know about George Lucas's unused Star Wars sequel chilogy scripts. And this is from screen Rants by Liz Declin. This has been circulating around for a while, like these ideas have. I want to say at the front that this doesn't necessarily I don't want this to sound like I'm saying equal trilogy sexist would have been better. I think that in a very strange way that I wasn't anticipating the Disney ones are much sadder than whats, but I didn't want to go over it just because it does. It did make me kind of sad because I was like, oh, that would have been so much nicer, Like that's like a happier ending.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like there's a flip of times where we'll get things that are all happy endings and then they're like, no, now we have to twist it. Everything has to be really really sad. And it's just like a genre bending where they're like, all right, we're gonna switch it up now, and if one person does it, everybody's got yep, we gotta do that too.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, And I know I've talked about this before, but I'm honestly fascinated with this thing that I've seen happen in a lot of franchises where somebody who grew up watching like the original trilogy in this case, loved it, they get the chance to direct one and they make it so much sadder, and it's usually like the people from the original trilogy have given up. I was like, it's like it's like you get older and you're like, I'm done with this optimism.
Speaker 2: Everything is awful. I'm in pain for are you?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's fascinating to me. Like Star Wars is not the only thing. I have a lot of examples of people franchises where that has happened. So I just wanted to go over some of the big ones that the big points in this article that I was like, ah, and a lot of them, if you're like this not feminism, a lot of them are about Leyah. Oh bumps me out because you know, I love Leiah. No, But originally Leia was going to be the main character of the sequel trilogy. She was going to be revealed as the Chosen One, which, if you don't know, this is a very convoluted and controversial and much argued idea in Star Wars about who's a Chosen One. Usually it's either you think it was Anakin Darth Vader or you think it was Luke. In the sequel trilogy, it would have been really revealed to be Leyah. It's so cool, Oh my gosh. The Chosen One is supposed to bring balance to the force and the like. The whole idea why people get so like, why they like to fight about it is people like to fight about what balance means because Luke is sort of your light side, darth Vader's sort of your dark side, so she I think this is such a cool idea, like if it had been revealed, and also because Leah understandably has a lot of hang ups around the Force. She's afraid of it, She's afraid of what she's seen it do, She's afraid of darth Vader. She doesn't like darth Vader, like accepting any of that. That would have been such a great like emotional arc, or it could have been if they handled it correctly. But yeah, like that could have been like a really cool having her come to terms with that, that would have been really neat. She was also going to become the leader of the New Republic, which is also pretty cool because that would follow in like the footsteps of Bail Organa, who is her adoptive father, and Padme Amdala, which is her biological mother. And also she was just a great leader. But so many things that we saw in the Disney sequel trilogy didn't work, which is what I mean is the New Republic didn't work, like the Jedi Order didn't work. Like these things didn't work, And I think that. You know, that's an interesting storyline, sad one, but it is interesting. A lot of things in this version would have worked better. Like it's not like it would have been easy, but her New Republic would have succeeded as opposed to the New Republican the sequel trilogy, which kind of collapsed pretty soon. I guess I should say spoiler alert, but I feel like people know about this stuff. Ten years is the rule. Twenty nineteen was the Rise of Skywalker. Well, sorry, uh, another thing, and I just have to fit this in here because like Skywalker's, like my fave, his Jedi Temple would never have fallen apart. He would have made some changes and it would have and it would It would have had trouble, but it would have worked out. It would have been destroyed also very quickly. Also, that would have been nice. That would have been nice. The main and was gonna be Darth Maul, who was introduced in the Phantom Menace, and you can see hints of that and a lot of the like the Solo movie and in some of the animated stuff that he was meant to have a much bigger role. This also entails that his apprentice, who was a very sexualized version of Darth Maule was gonna be in there. She hasn't shown up yet in Disney Cannon, but I bet she will. I don't know how people will feel about it. Yeah, and then more Jedi would have survived. That would have been nice.
Speaker 2: No murder of children, that would have been lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the prequels already did that. Why'd we have to do that again? Yeah? Yes, Sleigh would have been the leader of this. She would have been a mentor to a lot of people. And yeah, I just really likes that she would have been such a vocal point of it. Again, like, this is ideas that I get why they didn't do them, for logistical reasons, technological technological reasons, and also that this sounding good on paper doesn't mean it would have worked. We've seen that before, so I want to make that very clear. But when I was reading, I was like, oh my gosh, this sounds so much nicer. This sounds so much nicer. And I did want to also mention I was reading last night as I want to do another article. I sort of love the ongoing debates that happen. The pain of my existence is something I also love. Both are true about certain things in Star Wars. One of the big things that we have talked about before in our prequel episode that we did, but also in episode where I've talked about Padme, this is the controversy around Padme's death and what it meant. There is a popular it's not really a meme, but there's something pops circulating around social media right now that's like how we remember Padme. She died broken heart, and then on the other side of the chart, it's like everything she did and she did all this amazing stuff. So I like that her character is sort of getting some recognition. But one of the big things people often talk about is her death, like did the Emperor cause it? Did she die of a broken heart? Did Anakin kind of slowly kill her accidentally via choking so that wasn't accidental, But did she die from the fallout of that? One of the things I've never heard this before, but we did talk about it briefly. There was kind of a scrapped idea that about the impact of having a force sensitive child would have on someone who's pregnant. Would they then like have some temporary force abilities or something like that, And especially if it's somebody if it's twins and they're the grand shill the Force, And yes, I know some of you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, but literally the Force, then what would happen? And that whole idea got scrapped, but people are still talking about it. And one of the things I've never thought about this before, but in Revenge of the Sith, there's the scene where Darth Vader Anakin has been burned, and this is after he's left. He choked his wife and she disappeared. He has this fight with Obi Wan left for dead burns. Emperor comes puts him in suit. The first thing it's infamous scene Darth Vader comes up, very evocative of Frankenstein, and he asked the Emperor, where's padme? She's safe? An Emperor says, it seems and you're angered or Vader you've killed her? And then Vader's like, no, I that can't be. I felter, No, it's infamous. You know what I'm talking about anyway, But this article, apparently there's a popular theory going around that was talking about like, well, what did he mean when he was saying, like I felt, what does that mean? Because she died when he would be out in surgery. So does that mean he felt her when he woke up when in which time she was already dead. So the theory is that he was actually feeling Luke and Leah and because they were so connected to her presence, and that's why he never sensed them because he assumed this was some weird force punishment guilt thing because he was feeling them then and he thought it was padme and he just never got over that, which I thought was really fascinating. The article's really good if you want to look it up. This is also from screenrants because it makes it like a because a lot of people are rightfully bad about how they died. It's a painful. See she's not really given like that much space. She just sort of dies. But this makes sense. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Personal on the other is like why did she die? I don't know, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Well, And I feel like they've changed that a lot from like it's supposed to be the Emperor killed her, like drained her essence, but it's never made clear Like I always assumed when I was a kid that she just died.
Speaker 2: Well, this is childbirth that she died in childbirth because she's there, Well that's.
Speaker 1: The medical Jerid was like, she's also will to live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so its heart break was the other conversation.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I think the Emperor Palpatine thing is the accepted like he was draining her because so many people are like she would not. Her last words were literally, they're still good in him. I know it. I felt it as.
Speaker 2: Well as the fact that she just had children.
Speaker 1: She just had kids. So in this article they make the point like it's she still died in this way. That was very upsetting. But it's possible that in her death she departed this protection to Luke and Leab that allowed them to grow up and to destroy the Emperor, which I think is a nice a nice take on it. I don't know. I mean, so many things with Star Wars are like retcond all the time. Who knows what the original idea or thought was. That has been one of consternation from any fans forever of how did Darth Vader not feel like Luke and Lamb like you can only that only goes to a certain distance. But he was around Leah But this, I mean, who knows, who knows? But I thought that was a nice theory. When I read it, I was like, Okay, I am glad is getting more of her due. I'm glad people are revisiting her character and I love the the thing I was talking about, like on the things that she did, one of them was like resisted her husband, fought against her husband for the beliefs that she held, and I was like, yes she did. Anyway, if you celebrate May the fourth, May the fourth Day with you cheer, let me know if you're doing anything, if you have any food, our drinks, our plans, our thoughts about any of this stuff. I love hearing it. H You can write to us at Stephania mom Stuff atiheartmedia dot com. You can find us on Twitter, mom Stoff podcast or on Instagram and TikTok at stuff when Never Told you Uh also on YouTube and we have a tea public store and the book for Star Wars is discussed you can get wherever you get your books. Thanks as always too, our super producer Christina, executive producer Ma and your contributor Joey. Thank you. Thanks to you for listening. Stefan oritually just put to buy Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, you can check out the Heart radio as Apple Podcast or ready you listen to your favorite chows