Speaker 1: Ten years.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious, and Charlottage, they're looking into the Ya. Thank y'all for being like coach o leaders family.
Speaker 3: The Veta Club is where people get the information on the topics, on the artists and everything like that.
Speaker 2: I'm running you guys, go nice.
Speaker 4: Everybody got me all nervous like you guys.
Speaker 2: Let's not yo. Watch you lock this to the world's most dangerous morning show. It ain't good devout.
Speaker 5: If you want to break this club and we're gonna bring it, one hundred and twenty miners will not come up.
Speaker 2: This is what y'all do of this.
Speaker 5: That's right, Get about the bids and listen to the greatest show on Earth.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Usa.
Speaker 5: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Hilarious, Morine, Charlomagne, the gude, he's to the plan of this Thursday. Yes, it's Thursday, Good morning. The weekend is almost here.
Speaker 5: A man, it is here. It is he wanted to be. You can Thursday can be your weekend. It can be the start of your weekend. If you wanted to be.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, how are you feeling? How are you feeling, Jess? I'm so tired. You look tired this morning. Did you sleep last night?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I got like three o'class. What were you doing when to want to get my hand done? You went to Baltimore to get your hair done and came back because I'm a loyal clown. Why don't you just a loyal clown? A loyal clown one of.
Speaker 3: The producers, Like you know, it's mad places up here that you couldn't know.
Speaker 2: But I'm loyal. Why don't you go Friday tomorrow? I'm not off.
Speaker 3: I got Louisville, Kentucky this weekend, so you gotta get your hair down for the week. Yes, I couldn't go on stage with no ball.
Speaker 2: That's too girly. I'm already pregnant. Jesus, that's two girls. Yeah, yo, I gotta be a realigg on the stage, y'all.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 5: I'm different on the stage. I keep telling her act like to act like a girl for once. But you got the full locks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the full locks.
Speaker 5: You could have definitely got them done in New York City somewhere.
Speaker 2: I don't know them. People y'all.
Speaker 6: Y'all know that I ask questions. But that's how people feel about their ball. But you're just not gonna go to any bable. Yeah that's a fact, you know. So it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: But I don't really understand why ball people don't go like charl the man, how you how you know, like, I mean, how you can't go to somebody else to get a ball here?
Speaker 2: Like a ball is a ball?
Speaker 5: Well because because you know it's you have a synergy with your ball. But like you, I don't. I don't just like my barber as a bable. I like my ball as a person. Slew thing, my guy tied right, So like I like to go in there and we talk and we build and we watching stuff on.
Speaker 2: YouTube while the headcut is happening.
Speaker 5: You know, going to the barber shop for a man is not just you know, and I'm sure it's the same for women. It's not just it's not just going to get a headcut, you know, it's it's a conversation with your people.
Speaker 3: I got you, No, I understand. I'm just like, like, how many ways can you skin a cat?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I do, I get you.
Speaker 3: Now, what's deeper yeah, absolutely, but I had to right here to go back to my girl.
Speaker 2: But a head now you suffering for it this morning?
Speaker 3: It looks dope though, yes, thank you so much. Last y'all know him tired, so I had to put on my glasses. Shut up the mess vision.
Speaker 5: He tells you it look dope at telling you that you look tired. I look tired. You got bags under the eyes. I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I just said she just looks tired, but her heir looks dope.
Speaker 5: Jesus, ain't nothing worse than somebody telling you that you look tired when you know you're not tired.
Speaker 2: So he's like, damn yeah. When you walk up and somebody like, oh my god, what's wrong, you're like not damn nah.
Speaker 6: But we've been working with Jess for the last couple of months, and Jess comes in a certain way. She's usually happy, excited, she gives everybody. Today, Jessa speak to nobody. She just sat down. I'm like, that's not the usual, just.
Speaker 2: Just as tired. Jesus. She's pregnant, and she's also pregnant. How many months pregnant? How many much pregnant?
Speaker 8: You now?
Speaker 2: Officially six months? Damn yes? And three moments. This time is fine. Question. I just have a question. What we were supposed to do it? You're welcome to New York party. Are we doing it? I don't know. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: They keep moving it because you are two schedules.
Speaker 2: Time for that. We just jump into the baby shower. You just jump to the baby shower.
Speaker 3: Bow yo, y'all are on vacation, my baby shower. Y'all. Don't just say y'all just want to do radio. And that's it with me like this, that is you know, I love you, girl, that's not true.
Speaker 2: Cut it out? What you need? You stalk buying stuff? Here the nut yet? Huh for the baby? Well?
Speaker 3: Oh I need everything, yo, everything everything, y'all.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, let's get the show cracked and Kim Fields, actress, Kim Fields will be joining us. You know legends of life, you know how from Living Single and now the upshore. So we'll be talking to Kim Fields. And we got front page news. We gotta talk Ryan Garcia. Did he cheat? We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Local.
Speaker 2: Morning Morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's dj n V, jes Larian Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's getting some front page news now with some quick sports. The Celtics beat the Heat yesterday won eighteen eighty four cent the Heat home.
Speaker 2: They did beat the hell out of the Heat. The Heat might as well not ever shown up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they beat him by I think thirty four. And last night the Mavericks beat the Clippers one twenty three nine three. They'll leave that series three to the Knixt play tonight at nine p m. Now we got to discuss Ryan Garcia, and now Ryan Garcia tested positive for a band substance. It was called osterin now boxes get checked or tested, I should say, before the fight.
Speaker 2: And after the fight.
Speaker 6: Now my question is this, if he tested positive before and after the fight, why did they allow him to fight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't understand the point of testing a person before the fight and still letting them fight, especially if the results don't come back until after the fight.
Speaker 2: What's the point.
Speaker 5: I don't gotten the ring and beat the hell out of somebody, right, what's the point?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: And like you said, if it is steroids, if it gives you an edge, it makes you stronger, somebody could really get hurt. Now, Devin Haney, who he fought, said this. Ryan owes the fans an apology, and by his recent tweet, he still thinks this is a joke. We put our lives on the line to entertain people for a living. You don't play boxing. This puts the fight in a completely different light. Despite the disadvantage, I still fought on my shield and got back up. People die in this. This isn't a joking matter now. Ryan Garcias said this after the fight.
Speaker 8: Everybody knows that I don't cheat. What can I say? You know, why didn't they come out with this before, you know, the fight. If they found it before, why would they let me step into the ring as a cheater and they come out with a victory and then they post this. You know again, these are people that are trying to attack me for whatever reason, but no weapon against me shall prosper. I never taken a stereoid them. I don't even know where to get steroids. At the end of the day, I barely you know, take supplements. They're saying it's coming from the ostroganda.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a part of me, just a small part of me that doesn't believe this story totally. I feel like there's something missing from this story. It just doesn't seem right because, like like we said, if he tested positive beforehand, you know, why would they still let him get in the ring.
Speaker 2: That makes no sense to me.
Speaker 6: Right, people are thinking that they're just trying to take a win over him, or they're saying that he didn't.
Speaker 2: But like I said, it doesn't make sense. And now let me ask you a question.
Speaker 6: Everybody who bet on the fight, who gambled on the fight, who won a loss, what does that mean for them?
Speaker 2: Because you really didn't lose.
Speaker 6: If he used the allegedly and they're saying allegedly, if he allegedly used this and you lost this fight, what does that happen?
Speaker 2: What does that mean for you?
Speaker 5: I mean nothing, because I mean the fight of probably end the earth if it's true, and this holds up, the fighter just get marked no contest, Like you can't get into the whole hypothetical. The only reason he won was because he tested positive for peds. Like nobody, you can't even how do you even measure that? Like you can't, you can't. I mean I think if I'm not mistaken, it just gets marked in no contest. And I don't I don't know what happens after that. They'll probably get fined to something.
Speaker 6: O'Ryan Garcia posted last night, I'm gonna find out who paid, who paid who to create this lide. Now I'm na release everyone's issh. It is time to expose the real snakes.
Speaker 5: He might be right, man, there's something about this don't seem right. Maybe somebody from the boxing world got to explain it to me. Somebody from the box world got explained it to me. If a person tests positive before a fight, why are they still allowed to get in the ring, and what and what is the point I don't and if the results don't come back to after the fight, what's the point of testing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, yeah, I don't know. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 6: Now they're saying that Garcia has ten days to request his B sample be tested. The A sample also screen positive for nineteen norng estrone. I don't know what that means, but they say unconfirmed, so its ten days I guess to you know, put his B sample in and then they can decide what happens from there.
Speaker 5: But honestly, Mexican community, honestly Mexican community, I think they're just trying to ruin y'all. Sinko Demayo. I know Canelo fights this weekend, you know what I mean. But I really think they just trying to put a little dample on y'all. Sinkleed Demayo just a little bit, Jesus, I really do. I saw Oscar dela Hoya and Conelo Alvarez going at it yesterday. It's just it's been a bad thirty six hours for Mexicans.
Speaker 2: Jess. I don't have nothing to say.
Speaker 6: I'm black, but your baby daddy, he's black, cicking blacks again.
Speaker 2: I don't know I'm at to sell. Let me see how you feel. But that's it. Overhead.
Speaker 6: We got alright, and that is front page news. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines of wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 9: Good morning, the breakfast clubs some new days. Is it your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed, time.
Speaker 2: To get up and get something call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 10: What's up?
Speaker 11: Heavy?
Speaker 2: What's up? What's your name?
Speaker 12: Brother?
Speaker 13: Drown?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 2: Man? Get it off your chest? Hey? Why you always hit on the Cowboys? Because I'm sold? The man was fucking peas king. How you doing, brother?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 13: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Beautiful? I'm good Amy, good morning?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 13: If I still love you even know you're a cowboy hat?
Speaker 2: Hey butt as you remember?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: You said it, you already know. And since you from North Carolina, how come you're not a Panthers fan? Man?
Speaker 13: No, man?
Speaker 2: How old are you? My brother? Okay?
Speaker 5: I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, so I'm forty five. People don't understand growing up in the Carolinas, South Carolina and North Carolina, we didn't have no football teams, and so most people that we knew were either My daddy was a Dallas Cowboy fan.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of.
Speaker 5: Forty nine Ers fans and Steelers fans as well in the Carolinas.
Speaker 2: So the Panthers didn't come around till later.
Speaker 6: Panthers came around, and I think ninety three established thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: I'm already I'm already married to cowboys by then.
Speaker 13: Man, my daddy told me when they were playing in the Super Bowl, Man, you got to pull for the Cowboys and nobody else.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, I've been abusing your whole life. I have a good one.
Speaker 5: First of all, we were not abused our whole lives. And the reason we weren't abused our whole lives because in the nineties we dominated.
Speaker 2: Sir, Yes, but you gotta remember the nineties.
Speaker 5: And there's also an AI generator that picked the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I just want to throw that boy Cowboys at winning. Stop that and don't come in here with that negative energy this morning. Hey, who's this morning? Everybody?
Speaker 8: Exactly?
Speaker 15: I got one thing.
Speaker 7: Just my sister.
Speaker 13: She has a shopping booklyn, I just said to a.
Speaker 2: Page to your I G okay, thank you.
Speaker 13: And she she does all the stuffs you want.
Speaker 2: She's a sag after I think that's how you pronounced it.
Speaker 5: She you know, she's a part of the Actors Union and all that, so she like, she actually works with celebrities and does their hair and stuff.
Speaker 16: So I sent her pleasures to you on Instagram.
Speaker 3: It's hair anomous, thank you hair Anonymous, Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: Hair Anomics.
Speaker 2: Oh Aeronymous, Haironymous, gotcha.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's all said it to your DM, so just check it out that way.
Speaker 15: You ain't got to be driven.
Speaker 13: You're too pregnant to be going back and forth like that though.
Speaker 2: I know I ain't trying.
Speaker 3: I had called service, but you're right. You're still right because I need all my rests I can get.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, stop that stuff.
Speaker 2: Make y'all have a blessed morning. Stop that hood bog stuff. Now in the hood to get my head down. Stop that hood booker stuff. They can go there. Hello, who is yo?
Speaker 13: If you know the voss mellow? What's the world game?
Speaker 2: Mellow? Mellow?
Speaker 13: What's up? I'm gonna sull Are you feeling mellow?
Speaker 14: Yo?
Speaker 13: Jess. I'm not gonna hold you. I'm gonna get you a BMW and tell you to stand for being My wife was alright, So listen, hit me out. I need everybody to understand that this is not a choctic summer like shout out to cast cop Bain and Fisher. You know, I know that song is going crazy, but can we let them know that real love is like still.
Speaker 5: In they young, They young, boys though, mellow, They don't know no better.
Speaker 2: They young.
Speaker 13: Nah, I'm not gonna hold you like cast Cobain, he make music for boys who likes with their homegirls, like on that level gangster, but like, respectfully, this is a lovely summer. I'm not gonna hold you.
Speaker 1: Some of love.
Speaker 13: There's nothing better than that. And I feel like we should really tap into that.
Speaker 2: For the one time. You're right.
Speaker 6: But but you're right, but you know I'm with you. Some of love is amazing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, some of love is absolutely amazing. Let's your schol man, because Sola man, you definitely built like a toxic stud. Like I never forget that.
Speaker 2: I'm not built like a toxic stud.
Speaker 5: And and by the way, everybody deserves love except for toxic studs.
Speaker 2: Always remember that.
Speaker 13: Oh my goodness, No, Charla Man, you deserve love too.
Speaker 2: We're not going to do that. But I am in love.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, you in love with every male call of that coll here. You in love with me? You in love with trap, you love with envy. I'm tired of it.
Speaker 5: That's that's just not true. I don't know why you're out here just saying these type of things, like.
Speaker 13: Why listen to the yesterday, you flo with yesterday.
Speaker 2: I ain't even bring up nothing. This morning.
Speaker 5: You brought up penis. First thing this morning. You you put penis on the menu first.
Speaker 13: Of the first thing. The first time we heard the word penis that came out of your mouth today, I want.
Speaker 2: The first time I've ever seen a penis. There was one in your mouth?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 8: Was right?
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit this up now. It's the breakfast slogo morning the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. You want to hear from you on the breakfast Club?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: What's your name? Mama?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 17: This Isla Selena.
Speaker 16: It's Chalaime with the tea.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, Shalisha with a tea now salsa Shalita, Oh Shalita. Yes, wait, nobody to tell your parents to try to be fancy.
Speaker 11: It's just hilarious. I know how much you like Price Brown, and I'm a Chris as well, So I got some tickets and I'm sitting on the second to that at the Elastic Show on July fourteenth, and I wanted to invite you with me.
Speaker 3: Okay, you said you're sitting on the second row in Atlanta in July thirteen. Yes, okay, cause I gotta take it for seventeen.
Speaker 2: But I can still go with you. Okay. You flying me down there and said I care crazy. First of all. First of all, on July fourteenth, you're gonna be eight monch pregnant. That's right. You ain't going nowhere. Flight trying and stop my sh I'm sorry, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna get eight much pregnant. You're not going nowhere July fourteenth. Our sister can't come out and play with you. Sorry.
Speaker 11: Well, look, let me say this. On the off chance that Chris Brown is actually listening right now, I would love to do a meet and greet. I don't have social media, but you can email me at Leading the Tree all right?
Speaker 2: Why are you mad at her for shooting her shot? That might work?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 11: It's Leading the Trees nineteen ninety two at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Good luck, okay, Chris Brown. I hope Chris here is this You've been listening. I've been working here. Oh yeah, hello, good morning, get.
Speaker 6: Here in a long time.
Speaker 15: I'm so excited Okay.
Speaker 17: First of all, I want to say congratulation.
Speaker 16: The energy in the room is amazing with.
Speaker 11: Jess Hilarry's adding that special copee.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love you, Thank you Booth.
Speaker 16: No, I do have a question for you, Jess, graduation for your baby because I congratulation.
Speaker 15: Working on the brus of Sella's amazing.
Speaker 11: I love this show.
Speaker 13: Thank you, and I love you too.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 16: But I do have a question Jack, how do you deal with narcissistic people?
Speaker 13: Because you do so good.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't deal with narcissistic people, Babe, you have to choose to deal.
Speaker 15: With But No, you know how to handle them very well.
Speaker 2: You said, I know how to do that very well.
Speaker 16: You know how to handle narcissistic people very well. And I want to know how did you How did you learn how to deal with them?
Speaker 17: Because it's a lot of dealing with them.
Speaker 16: I'm not saying I'm not saying you know.
Speaker 2: Your coworker, huh, just people in general.
Speaker 15: You saying, no, how do you deal with narcissistic people?
Speaker 16: Because you do such a great job handling it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just be myself.
Speaker 3: I sometimes I mean, I peep it, but I don't know. I just I just be myself, baby. But there is really no straightforward answer to that. I know people accordingly to how I see them and how they show me who they are.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Yeah.
Speaker 16: I'm telling you because is very nasty, not being funny.
Speaker 15: I love you the lie, but you are the way you just always attacking kind of story of DJ M D and DJ.
Speaker 6: Just be like that.
Speaker 5: Don't make me that, don't make me that. Don't make me a narcissist. I think, I think, Yeah, you know, I'm not. I go to I go to therapy once a week. I'm not a narciss I think y'all need to stop throwing throwing around buzzwords.
Speaker 2: Just because they're treating on social media. No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: But I will give you a great book. I recommend you a great book. I recommend you a great book.
Speaker 3: Oh that is narcissistic, be a he said, I'm gonna give a book now, don't.
Speaker 2: Know, I said, I said, I said, I will.
Speaker 5: I told her, I told her, I will recommend her a great book. There's a great book called Five Types of People Who Can ruin Your Life, Identifying and dealing with narcissists, sociopaths, and other high conflict personalities. And in the book it tells you the only way to deal with high conflict people is to not to deal with them.
Speaker 2: Literally, I just think he's a skin you don't like leskin brothers. That's what I think it is.
Speaker 15: So how do you do it?
Speaker 17: That's what I really want to know, Like, yes.
Speaker 15: How do you do it?
Speaker 2: You gotta read the book. It's in chapter three, I believe.
Speaker 5: But seriously, the only way to deal with high conflict personalities is to not deal with them.
Speaker 2: That's the only way to deal with them. Thank you, Kim.
Speaker 6: We'll get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one and shout out to Nikia. Today is ni kids twenty ninth birthday. We didn't get to you in the kid, but I just wanted to shout you out anyway, Happy birthday kid.
Speaker 2: We got Jess with the mess coming.
Speaker 3: Up, Yes, Benzino said, Oh, Kelly deserves a second chance.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, all right, we'll get to that.
Speaker 6: Exits to Breakfast Club, Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody's DJ n V Jess so Larry Charlamone, the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get the jets with the message.
Speaker 11: News is real.
Speaker 14: But Larius, Jessica, Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do that talk them.
Speaker 6: Nobody talk the world why jests, worldwide matter talk on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 19: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 2: Could get you to see. It's time to set it off.
Speaker 3: So Benzino think people deserve a second chance. He had sat down and did an interview with the Wee in Miami podcast, and he had an interesting take on second chances, specifically when it comes to Kelly.
Speaker 20: Do you think we should give our Kelly a second chance? Everybody deserves his second chance. But I know that Elvis Lodemas from fourteen fifteen. I know with young girls to keep it one hundred right, I'm not into that. Again, the legal age is sixteen years old? So does that make it right?
Speaker 2: Does it? Yes?
Speaker 8: Or no?
Speaker 2: Everybody on the table, does that make it right? If it's legal?
Speaker 4: Does it make it right if it dates a sixteen year old? They're wrong, Bruce, all right, all right? So but it's legal in America? So why if is all Kelly doing all this time? And because you know why, because they're fourteen and two years younger.
Speaker 3: Now, a lot of comments were saying, like what America are you live in and what? No, it's not, but it's not a federal law. Actually, it varies by state. You know, it's from Boston, and so the legal age of consent there is sixteen in Jersey sixteen Jersey sixteen. In New York it's seventeen. I'm just with the mess in the damn sorry, all right, in my my state, Maryland is sixteen.
Speaker 2: Just the name a few so y'all look it up. Y'all look it up. That is crazy.
Speaker 5: You know what else though, you know, the reality is Kelly got more than a few chances. I think people need to go look at the history, like, I mean, he's back in two thousand and one, he was sued by an intern for an indecent sexual relationship. In two thousand and two, you know, a woman said he impregnated her when she was under age, and then Ford third rd an abortion in two thousand and two, again he got charged with twenty one counters of child sexual abuse and he got you know, arrested after that because there was video of unda age girls at one of his houses, I think in Florida. But those charges were drop because the judge said the police like sufficient evidence to.
Speaker 2: Justify a church.
Speaker 5: So I'll tell he had plenty of chances the change in the behavior and deal with that sickness that exists within him, but he didn't.
Speaker 2: So now he's dealing with the consequences of those actions.
Speaker 6: Believe, I do believe some people deserve second chances, but some don't. And I feel like in his case, if all these things are proven to be true, hell no, Yeah.
Speaker 12: He had several of them. I'm saying he already had several chances, is what I'm saying. He had several chances. In the music industry, he had several chances. You know, when it comes to the law, you know, So he's had several chances.
Speaker 3: And after that with Benzeno, Coiler Ray hopped on X to clarify some things about her and her father's relationship. She said, I want everybody to know I want nothing to do with anything my father has going on. I haven't spoken to him in over a year, and I don't condone or respect any of them interviews he got going on. I don't respect his decisions and I really want nothing to do with him. Please don't even think of me when you see him. Well that's hard because he looked just like you.
Speaker 2: You just have an eck.
Speaker 3: And then she said, sharing the same DNA and blood doesn't make us family. Loyalty, boundaries, respect, teaching, guidance, love, patience, encouragement makes us family. Okay, Kendrick, But yeah, that's that's what she felt like makes them families.
Speaker 5: I swear that that would hurt That would hurt me absolutely as a father, father, as a father of four daughters. If your daughter was talking about that, talking about you like that and didn't want nothing to do with you, that lie, my god.
Speaker 2: Not just doing it just as a father. You know, I got four daughters and two sons.
Speaker 6: But if my kids ever felt that way, I'd be I would feel like a failure more than anything else that they feel like that about with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know nothing about the little boys, you know, but I know how I was.
Speaker 3: You're with them girlsriend, Yeah, yeah, we've seen Benzin don't get emotional over something that his daughter said before like that, so yeah, I know it heard him. Yeah, woman goes viral for the way she dodged bullets. Woman in Alabama's gone viral for her interview that she did with wtv YU.
Speaker 2: He we have the news report. I'm walking to the car and I got my baby with me.
Speaker 10: We already heard a few gunshot rounds, but I ain't thanking nothing of it. Nobody didn't hear no screaming. So I'm getting to the car.
Speaker 2: I have five.
Speaker 7: At least by seven rounds.
Speaker 2: So I'm dunking. I'm dodging. I'm ducking. I'm dodging. I'm dunking, doing little killed.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to get my baby in the car, and I throw my baby in the back seat.
Speaker 5: And we just spaed off.
Speaker 2: Next thing you know it, driver was driving past.
Speaker 10: I couldn't identify the vehicle, but lord, I hope I hope they catch him a.
Speaker 2: Little dropping the clue the bars with that sister. Understand everything she said the crazy black people go ahead.
Speaker 3: Not the crazy thing is she gave all that detail about habit, but ain't know nothing about to shoot, nothing about to see that car.
Speaker 2: I can't describe that car, couldn't. I'm not gonna stitch. I can't describe that car.
Speaker 5: Yeo, that was She might be right, though, I mean, if you go through all of that trauma and you ducking and dodging bullets, you ain't really got time to be seeing what.
Speaker 2: The car looked like.
Speaker 17: Bro.
Speaker 2: She says she heard four gun shot, but she ain't had screaming, so she ain't over. She was like, I just this this every day.
Speaker 6: But then when she started hurting, the screaming, that's what she got to. A little chemra that's right through that she in her back.
Speaker 2: And that's right.
Speaker 5: But black people are so naturally funny, man, We're the most we're the most unseerious people without even trying.
Speaker 2: Because that was a serious situation. But we do the car and I got my baby with me.
Speaker 10: We already heard a few guns shots, bro, but I ain't thank nothing of it nobody.
Speaker 7: So I'm getting to the car.
Speaker 21: I held five.
Speaker 2: At least by wrong.
Speaker 17: So I'm ducking.
Speaker 2: I'm dodging, I'm ducking, I'm dodging, I'm ducking.
Speaker 10: Doing little Kim trying to get my baby in the cotton, throwing my baby in the back seat, and we just spaed off. Next thing you know, driver was driving past. I couldn't identify the vehicle. But lord, I hope I hope they catch him.
Speaker 5: Lord, we deal with so much trauma that we're not even tripping about nothing. Just another ghetto day in America.
Speaker 2: And she said she heard a couple of gunshots. I ain't thinking nothing of it. You walking with your baby, your baby, you say nothing of it. There was no screaming.
Speaker 3: And if y'all watch the video, she got mad stealth chest out Superman ready, like she looked like a bullet of bounce off he ass for real.
Speaker 2: Like, you got to understand what she said. She saying she didn't hear no screaming.
Speaker 5: So if she didn't hear no screaming, that means that those bullets aren't nowhere near her, They're not in her direction. But when she start hearing the screaming, that means that these bullets might be near her in her vicinity.
Speaker 2: So I gotta get my little kim off. That is hilarious. That made my night last night when I seen I was dying. That was hilarious. But yeah, that's just what the mess for the first that way, huh m hm hm, that's just what the mess for the first hour. We were sitting there thinking about the damn video.
Speaker 6: Oh man, this is classic. Al right, thank you, Jess. When we come back, we got front page news. We got to tell you about what's going on on these campuses. I know we talk about it every day, but every date there is more and more and more and more protests. People are mad about people hanging flags. We'll discuss when we come back. It's the Breakfast Cloco morning.
Speaker 2: You're checking out the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ Envyess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 6: In sports, I had a lot of sports news. The Mavericks beat the Clippers one twenty three ninety three, and the Celtics beat the heat one eighteen eighty four. All right now, Boston WINSDA Series four to one. Yesterday we also well earlier today we tell you about Ryan Garcia tested positive.
Speaker 2: For ped before the Hainey fight.
Speaker 6: They say he tested positive before the fight and after the fight, and he denies cheating.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that I don't cheat. What can I say?
Speaker 8: You know, why didn't they come out with this before, you know, the fight? If they found it before, why would they let me step into the ring as a cheater, and they come out with the victory, and then they post this. You know again, these are people that are trying to attack me for whatever reason, but no weapon against me. Shat prosper I never taken a ste them. I don't even know where to get steroids at the end of the day, I barely you know, take supplements. They're saying it's coming from the ostraganda.
Speaker 5: I really hope somebody in the boxing world explains this to us before the day is over, because I just don't understand the point of testing a person before the fight, them testing positive before the fight and still letting them fight, and if the results don't come back until after the fight, then what's the point.
Speaker 6: So it's a part of me that tends to believe, you know, this story isn't all the way accurate, But I guess we'll see. Yeah, And just quickly Ryan said sorry. Devid Haney responded and said Ryan owes the fans of apology, and by his recent tweet, he still thinks this is a joke. We put our lives on the line and entertain people for a living. You don't play box and this puts the fight in a completely different light. Despite the disadvantage, I still fought my shield and got back up. People die in this sport. This isn't a joking matter. So, like you said, I'm with charloa Mane. I would love to understand how you test before and then if he did test positive, why not stop the fight immediately?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes no sense because if I get to Devin Haynes's point, this is a blood spot and they do put their lives on the line, So why would you put somebody in the ring with such an advantage that they could possibly really hurt someone.
Speaker 2: That makes no sense to me.
Speaker 5: There's a lot if they did that, there's a lot of people liable for that other than just Ryan go I see it.
Speaker 2: That's right now.
Speaker 6: Also, there's another big fight this week in Canelo Alvarez, and there has been a huge of course, I would say a dislike between Canelo Alvarez and Oscar dela Hoya, one of the promoters for the fight.
Speaker 2: Now, recently, let's just go through some of the history.
Speaker 6: Connelo Alvarez was on a breakfast club and this is what he said about Oscar de la Joya and his feelings towards him.
Speaker 2: Do you think De la Hoya is a good person.
Speaker 22: If you see everything once he's doing. I think we we we are the only fighter. We we we stayed with them when everybody left him, right because I'm lawyer and and I trade everybody like a family, and I do the same thing with with all them. Boy, But I think he's not that kind of person.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 22: No, I don't know if he's a good person or no, but I think he's No. He knows a person.
Speaker 5: With his show, you think it's just all business with him, like yeah, okay, okay, all the business.
Speaker 2: Now as Ascar.
Speaker 6: De la Hoya was a pair a couple of months after that, and he spoke about Canelo Alvarez.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm very disappointed with with with the he's talking. You know, I really am.
Speaker 23: When I was down and out what six years ago? He wants to step on my neck and keep me down and talk.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 23: Does he think I'm a bad guy? Yeah, I'm a bad guy to you. I don't like you for other you talk to me about. You know you don't do that. Keep you put a man down and keep him down and talk and continue.
Speaker 2: Come on, dude, so do I like him? I don't like him as a person. No, I don't. Do you think could ever be repaired between you?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 2: No, well, Louisa that type of person. But the reisi.
Speaker 6: I'm playing these audios because yesterday during the press conference, well, these two guys see each other and it exploded. They got into a shouting match. They were cursing each other out in Spanish. I don't know what they were saying, but I just think it was bad.
Speaker 2: Here's some of it.
Speaker 24: I have nothing but respect for Canelo Alvarez as a fighter. His record and abilities speak for themselves, but he has spent much of the last two months insulting me rather than.
Speaker 2: Promoting this fight.
Speaker 24: Yes, I have faced a lot of challenges in my life. Yes I've been to rehab several times. But that doesn't change the fact that Golden Boy built Connelo Oliver's period. The company you fought under for decades has always had one name, and it's mine, So put some respect on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I can't believe Mexicans are cutting up like this.
Speaker 5: Okay, between Ryan Garcia, Between Ryan Garcia and Canelo and Oscar, we might have to cancel sinkle de mayos.
Speaker 2: We might have to no coronas for nobody, no tequila, no tacos. What is happening?
Speaker 5: How we gotten to the point in this country where Mexicans are building walls between themselves.
Speaker 2: This is insane, because insanity. Three little Mexicans. You're gonna try.
Speaker 5: Those three little Mexicans. Those are three huge Mexicans.
Speaker 2: They are. But they can't be mean.
Speaker 3: It's a fight going on. They gotta sell it, just like Ryan what Ryan was doing.
Speaker 5: No Oscar Canelo really don't like it. They don't like each No, they really don't like each other for whatever reason. They really don't like each other.
Speaker 6: He said, he had his foot on his neck when he was down. Damn Now, so we got to jump into these college campuses. Of course, there's still arresting students for protesting, and Eric Adams spoke about why he thought that they had to the outside influence that he believed is sending the.
Speaker 5: Police and RII gear the best way to de escalate what is already a tense situation.
Speaker 25: Well, there were two operations tonight. One was with Keuney and one was with Columbia University. And once I became aware of the outside agitators who were part of this operation. As Columbia mentioned in their letter and their requests with the New York City Police Department, it was clear we had to take appropriate actions of when our intelligence division identified those who are professionals, well trained, one of them was married to someone that was arrested for terrorism. We knew these children were being exploited and they were in danger, and would have been irresponsible not to reply to requests from Columbia Universe.
Speaker 5: Well, there's never a reason to sick militarized law enforcement on college protesters. But I would ask Mayor Adams, how do they know the difference between the bad actors and the college kids? Like, how would the militarized police know that when I go out here, I'm going just to go after the bad actors, you know, who are causing these disruptions and not the college kids.
Speaker 2: How do they know the difference? Right?
Speaker 6: And also yesterday during the press conference, he talked about them putting up other nations flags and not having the US flag up.
Speaker 25: That's how flag folks go take over our buildings and put another flag up. That may be fine to other people, but it's not to me. My uncle died defending this country. These men and women put their lives on the line, and it's suspicable that schools will allow another country flag to fly in our country.
Speaker 2: So blame me for being proud to be an American.
Speaker 5: Well, the reality is if it was a flag of Israel, Eric Adams would not care. Eric Adams is saying that because there was a Palestinian flag.
Speaker 2: They put up.
Speaker 5: He would never say that about a flag of Israel. So I don't believe he truly means that. He means it, but he means a Palestinian flag can't fly in America. He wouldn't say that about a flag of Israel.
Speaker 6: No, all right, well that is front page news, all right. Now, when we come back, we're gonna kick it with Kim Fields. You know, Kim Field's actress, living single, Facts of Life and now the legend legend, and we're gonna talk to her when we come back. So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Everybody's thej Envy, Jesse, Larius Charlamagne, the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, the legendary Kim fields, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 7: Morning, good morning, So glad to be here.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling?
Speaker 7: I feel amazing. I feel amazing. How about you, guys?
Speaker 2: Bless Black and Holly Famous?
Speaker 5: Right alright, that's another hit TV show case season five with The Upshaws on Netflix.
Speaker 2: My god, how does it feel?
Speaker 21: Really very surreal but awesome and you know, just loving how everybody loves the Upshaws.
Speaker 7: It's it's really incredible.
Speaker 21: We're in the middle of filming new episodes now while new episodes just dropped and it's just, you know, just the party turn keeps on going.
Speaker 2: Does it get weird? Ever?
Speaker 6: Because people know you for so many different things, Like this new generation probably knows you from The Upshaws, but don't know you from any of your previous things.
Speaker 21: Well, a lot of people, I mean they still do you know, the whole living single vibe. And I think my favorite way to get recognized now is y'all. Ain't you that chick from the Mic app Show?
Speaker 7: That's my favorite. Like there's no there's no other career highlight but that.
Speaker 2: Do you stay with this one more?
Speaker 5: Just because you know, like you're an old g and when you were young, when you had a lot of those other really hit showls.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you.
Speaker 21: I think this one hits different because of the timing. There's so many shows, there's so much con tent out there, there's so much noise out there, there's so many platforms. And for us to keep finding our lane and blazing new trails, breaking new ground, finding the audience finding us and loving us and being so loyal. I think that's you know, honestly, what feels different about this one.
Speaker 2: And you're producing indirect, so being on both sides, how's that?
Speaker 21: It's it's fun. I love being able to have a voice for the whole thing. You know, sometimes when you're acting, you just have your voice for that one piece and then go home and and so to be able to really care about and and have a voice that's regarded when you're crafting the entire brand of the show, you know, the storylines, the casting, the this, the that, all the nix and Crannys of it.
Speaker 2: Do they have to do?
Speaker 6: You have to go out and try out for these parts anymore is one of those things. But like now they'll call me for a part. I'm not I'm too.
Speaker 2: I'm regress.
Speaker 21: There is a shift so I don't necessarily audition and I haven't for quite some time.
Speaker 7: Amen, But you know, you get considered.
Speaker 21: But my thing is, don't just tell me, well, you know your name is out there or your name is on the list, because I don't know what people think when they think Kim Fields, especially the industry, And so my thing is, I'm I'm usually having to erase some ghosts, you know what I mean, So that meaning I don't I don't want you to just go, oh yeah, well Kim Field's and then your mind thinks of anything from facts of life to and with the internet everything. I mean, I just posted Miss Butterworth commercial, you know, as a throwback living single. You just never know what people's perception is, not just in terms of you, but then your ability to do that character to be a chameleon, and to me, that's one of the greatest gifts of acting, is to be a chameleon. I don't want to play Kim Field and something because then what is that I'm not acting, which is why Regime was one of my favorites to play because she was so not like me. But but I'm not in that space of where I go in and audition and things like that. There are times that I'll go in and meet like a chemistry read go in and meet casting or producer's director just so that they see what's up. I can't I guess the best way.
Speaker 7: To describe it.
Speaker 5: Well, most of the time that Hollywood is not even about what you do on camera. That was how you are off camera. But you, I don't know, but you've never had that reputation to be in like difficult to work when you never flipped the table in.
Speaker 2: The writer's.
Speaker 21: I don't know, no, no, because I feel like number one, I just love our industry. And then in terms of somebody who is into wellness, you treat people with respect and you you know, should get that reciprocity. There are times when you do have difficult moments, sure, and working on a project after a while, working like with family, and we all know that family can you know, be you know, interesting to navigate, and so there's a certain level of professionalism, there's a certain level of respect.
Speaker 7: Home training.
Speaker 2: You don't hear that no more. You've been back, you've got from home training.
Speaker 7: That's right, that's right exactly.
Speaker 3: Speaking of those shows like Facts of Life and Living Single, how are you with the cast of those shows.
Speaker 21: So close, so close. Yes, Kim Coles and I just had a text and tc uh. The Living Single cast along with the show's creator Evet we are on a text thread that is that should really be the reboot just this text, just just take snaps a screenshot to that.
Speaker 7: But we all are are super close basically.
Speaker 21: Again, like I said, when you work with people for a stretch of time, even on a movie, you know that's a month or six weeks, eight weeks, sometimes you know, six months, you really do become like a family. And when I grew, I started out as a crew babe. So I always love, you know that, that kind of famiale concept. So we always keep in touch. I'm always, you know, making sure that I'm doing my part, you know, to stay in touch with people and see what's up.
Speaker 5: I've been hearing Queen Erica Alexander talk talk about a reboot. I don't know how serious it is because she jokes a lot, but she'll put up She'll be like, you'll send money to the GoFundMe.
Speaker 2: I don't you know what I mean? Are they some serious talks happening?
Speaker 21: We've been on and off in serious talks and I think the thing that is the great disruptor, and it's a good problem to have is nobody's available. I mean, that's that's a great problem to have. Nobody is sitting around like, yeah, y'all remember me, we could do this. It's not the case at all. And so I think that that's that's really like I said, it's a good problem to have. So you'll have to really like yeah, yeah, exactly. And you know, to me, the thing about reboot you gotta be careful with them, I think because there the idea is always intriguing and and you want more of something that's familiar to you. But if you get it wrong, you can't just throw these characters back together and be like, what would y'all be doing now? And and so I really applaud people who do it really well because they're taking the time to not just think about what these characters would be doing now, but how to not like Cobra Kai they did the damn thing. You know, they really that was a reboot slash reimagine it. And so I feel like when you when you really fine tune it and you're strategic about it, it can be great.
Speaker 6: But again, the timing do you feel like you have to remind people. I said, you said, you reposted a old what it was commercial? So sometimes you feel like you got to remind people what you've done because they forget so fast.
Speaker 7: Oh No, the Internet is marvelous.
Speaker 2: Do you get embarrassed with some of the oldest stuff?
Speaker 21: No, because I know the place that it comes from. I recognize that the characters that I've been able to breathe life into the shows that I've been a part of, they mean something to people, and not just people of color, not just black women, but they mean something. And so I understand again the place that it that it comes from. So you know, I don't get that that don't get mad or upset or embarrassed. It's actually still very surreal, you know, the way that you can do something and it has impact what you guys do here, and it has impact, you know, and people hold on to some of these gems and and won't let them go.
Speaker 5: You know, I want to ask you, what do you think Black people are more impactful nowadays behind the camera are in front of the camera.
Speaker 21: Well, I think it's finally, you know, kind of evened itself out in terms of the amount of storytellers and creatives behind the scenes, so that there are more stories. But we're not just telling black stories either, and so I feel like that's been really significant, you know. But I think that we're evening out in terms of where our impact is. We have more cinematographers, we have more editors, we have more showrunners, more makeup and hair teams. I mean, you know, you have people that are just in all the spaces more now than ever, and so I feel like that's helping to level the playing fields so that we're now more of a collective as opposed to just the select actors and actresses that were the chosen ones.
Speaker 6: All right, we got more with Kim Fields. When we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with actress Kim Fields. Now, you started out so young acting, right, yes, and we hear all these stories about childhood actors and actresses. Did you have to go through any of that where you know, how did your parents or family make sure that you were safe from all the stuff that we're hearing about.
Speaker 7: Kids exactly.
Speaker 21: And you know, the thing that still gets me to this day, bro, is that she was a single teen mom. She ain't know nothing about raising a kid, let alone raising a kid in the industry, but she had the good sense to know, hey, we need to make sure you're kind. She was an actress and always knew to be professional, so she imparted that to me. But she never stopped parenting me, you know. So, so a lot of the stuff now, just growing up, that's you know, whether you're in Hollywood or you know, anywhere else in the Hollywood of Harlem, you're still going to have to grow up and deal with all that comes from just growing up, growing pains. But when you're doing it, you know, in a fish bowl, of course it's different. There's more pressure. But but again I'm Chips kid, so you know, it's one of that I got home training. I knew better.
Speaker 3: You had directed a bunch of episodes of The Keen and Canan and Cal Show as well, and I don't know if you saw the Quiet on the Set documentary.
Speaker 21: But I did not see it, but I'm aware of it, and I was actually not there during that time. I was after that time, but I don't know if that was your question.
Speaker 2: Yay, how closely did you work with Dan Schneider?
Speaker 21: And yeah, like Keenan said, you know, we kind of came after all of that, so we were in a different time frame.
Speaker 5: Miss Chipfield, right, she did she like, I don't want to say force, that's not the right road. But did she pushed you into Hollywood?
Speaker 7: Not at all, Not at all.
Speaker 21: So when mom was doing Pearl Bailey's Hello Dolly, I would go either to the theater here on Broadway, or I would go to see her on tour. And I loved being behind the scenes. Like I'm a really shy person, and I was a very shy kid. I was an only child for the longest time, so I wasn't like watch me and not at all. I was one of them, you know, sit back in the cut and watch. But I loved seeing what I would come to know as the artisans, right, the people, the crew babies. Well I mean I was the crew baby, but the crew so working and seeing them create the wigs and the makeup and the sets and the this and the costumes and everything, and so that's what I loved about it. And I knew that I wanted to be a part of that, and she would always once I got started in it, she would always say.
Speaker 7: Well, do you want to do this?
Speaker 21: Like every time we would get the call that facts life had been picked up, she said, do you still want to do it?
Speaker 7: Do you still want to act? You still want to do this again? Wow? Because like, how do you know to do that?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Did you ever get out of line? And she grabbed an eye and just playing.
Speaker 21: She did backhand me, and I was like, okay, mama, backhand one just had a note. Well, I had warning too because my mom from the time she was a little girl, she had a temper and and so if she bit her knuckle.
Speaker 7: You get that hell out the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And so I saw it and I was like, but that don't mean me right now, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 6: But exactly now, I wanted to you know, since you pick what you want to do, is this something that you've been thinking about that you want to do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 21: Boy, Absolutely, I want to do some And I've been developing with a really great team some projects and the sci fi genre. I I have an inner mermaid in me that is just dying to come out. I also have an inner explorer in me. So I'm just now starting to have conversations with National Geographic which nice.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 21: Wait, do y'all see me at the top of some glacier and you know listen, that is me all day, every day.
Speaker 7: Yes. So I just love that kind of head like like we're not going on now.
Speaker 2: On a glacier. So you want to play like a mermaid?
Speaker 7: Like yeah, absolutely, but but but.
Speaker 2: Like you mean like like mermaids water swimming?
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, what is like, Well, I love water.
Speaker 21: I love water, and so I've always been fascinated with what is beneath the surface and I really love like Netflix had this documentary I'll called MURR People Ray Sean listen that thing right there.
Speaker 7: I started following all of them and they were like, oh my god. And so I just think it's really just so fascinating.
Speaker 21: And my son asked me once, you know, if you had a superpower, well, and I was like, I'd want to breathe underwater, Like that's the superpower that I what is?
Speaker 2: MR People?
Speaker 21: Mr People are the mermaid culture. So they are it's a subculture, but it's like a whole thing, like they got like festivals and water, but they they they embraced the mermaid concept or the mermaid concept, and then they have cruises, they have competitions and things, and there's this guy, Murrh Taylor. He makes these incredible I promise before God that he makes these incredible fins tails. But they are so gorgeous and elaborate. And he started as a kid by watching in Florida this hole in the sixties. They had like this whole swim show with these with these women who would wear these beautiful costumes.
Speaker 7: And things, and it was fascinating. So I've always loved that.
Speaker 21: So then I'm like, what if there's like a CIA but for the whole mirror culture.
Speaker 2: The Aliens, for the aliens they have for the Mermaids.
Speaker 21: Right, exactly exactly, but but it's it's it's their version of the CIA.
Speaker 7: Like why do y'all keep coming in the water looking for stuff? Get out of here?
Speaker 2: Well that could be done. It could be ce, Like.
Speaker 7: Come on down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see, I got a book I'm on the recommend you called Shallow Waters. It's about uh we got them. Oh yes, it's by It's good. It's a fictional book to.
Speaker 3: I love took to people that don't even read.
Speaker 2: I love I love to read.
Speaker 7: I'm actually reading this beautiful story.
Speaker 21: It's actually the true story of Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Cliff and their friendship and they're working together and it's just it's beautiful. But but going back to the book.
Speaker 2: Yes, i'mna get you if you leave.
Speaker 5: But like I love the underwater exploration because I feel like the earth is not seventy five percent water for no reason. You hear those stories about how it probably was a huge flood, and like there's so much under there, like a whole other civilizations.
Speaker 2: I truly believe that. Can you better not get on one of them submarines to go down there.
Speaker 11: You better not.
Speaker 2: You better not get on one of them reads to go down there. You better not need.
Speaker 21: I will do my very best. I will do my best, but I mean, you know, there's there's certain dramas that that for me. In twenty sixteen, I told my team it's all about unchartered water. We only say yes to things we haven't done before, to spaces we have not been in before. And not only saying yes, but go out and go out into the uncharted waters and find the new storytellers, find the new characters.
Speaker 7: And things like that, the new styles of storytelling.
Speaker 21: So that's where I am with that because I still love after all this time, I still love what I do. And that's why when I put the Miss Butterworth picture up, it's like, Wow, that's me and we're still going.
Speaker 7: You know, we're still going.
Speaker 2: Well move we got more with Kim Fields.
Speaker 6: When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club Good Morning when everybody is DJ en Vy, Jesse, Larry.
Speaker 2: Chlamy and the guy. We are to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: We're still kicking it with actress Kim Fields, right, Charlie May is mental health awareness moment.
Speaker 21: It's also my birthday month. But yes it is okay, thank you so very much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 7: But yes it is a.
Speaker 2: Refreshed by KF. What is that exactly? I heard you mentioned it earlier.
Speaker 7: Yes, so refreshed by KF. Thank you for asking.
Speaker 21: That's my wellness platform, it's my wellness brand. We do events, we have retreats. We have one coming up in June, and it's a space where for me, I needed to be able to have wellness presented in a way that for me was accessible, that was attainable, sustainable. You know that didn't mean I had to eat just only green foods and have no fun. And you know, if I didn't have my ankle and my you know, neck and wrapped up and all this stuff, that I'm not going to be well.
Speaker 7: And I just felt like, well, that can't be.
Speaker 21: And I wanted to hear from people who were either on wellness journeys or healing from different things, or had different products and brands that weren't getting featured in some of the more.
Speaker 7: Mainstream, you know, wink wink, mainstream area.
Speaker 21: You can't drop the hits in here, okay, but but it's not a black brand refreshed by KF is for literally every body. And so my job, I feel like in the wellness space is I'm not an expert. I don't have answers, but I'm standing next to the man or next to the woman who does. I'm able to set a table and provide meals what you choose to come and eat, that's on you. And that's how I feel about the wellness space. So with our retreats, I do the same kind of thing where I curate it. I personally cultivated the location, the spaces, the activities, activations, all of that. The refreshing friends who are coming, and just making sure the schedule, you know, because I just start with what is it that I need? Because I keep finding out that when I put out there, here's what I need, Here's what I'm feeling, Here's what I'm thinking, here's what's on me. The masses are like yo, me do and it ends up becoming that type of unique share, you know, and an environment in a safe space.
Speaker 7: So that's refreshed by CAF.
Speaker 21: We have live conversations now, we have the IG conversations that started back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: We have the retreats.
Speaker 21: We have of course social media, the YouTube channel where we help you know, people find their inner explorer. We shine light on different subcultures, just the murror people, but like mixologists, you know, and just different places and spaces where you go, oh my gosh, that's really interesting stories and people and experiences that maybe inspire you to go.
Speaker 5: You know what, I will.
Speaker 7: I will get up.
Speaker 21: Ten minutes earlier and go walking, or I will learn how to swim, or I will decide to kayak for five minutes or whatever it may be. That just helps people come out of their comfort zones but deal with their well being. Our tagline is give your self permission to be well. As an actor, I'm always finding how powerful it is when you give your self permission to go there right, to be even funnier, to be even more emotional, and you give yourself permission. And that's always the catchphrases in acting. And I thought, well, what if we open that up more in terms of your well being, you know, And and we also make sure I truly am am the champion for making sure that men and men's wellness is a big part of our platform. So we have refreshments and the emy n is you know, more prominent, and it's to make sure that the fellas know you are welcomed here and we will help you cultivate your wellness journey. Incredible, Yes, So Refreshed Retreat by KF dot com. That's the website for the retreat and that also gives you things like our store. We just dropped our first playlist that I curated on Spotify and we again have Channel Refresh on YouTube. Of course, Refreshed by KF is the ig and TikTok and social media, but basically using your microphone and your platform to really impact in a different way, and that's that's what I feel. People ask me about legacy quite a bit, and I feel like, at some point I want legacy for me, not just to be these great characters, but also these great experiences and this great space that people feel like. She helped me take care of myself, and not just with the gift of laughter or the gift of being seen on television seeing somebody that looked like me, but my literal wellness as well.
Speaker 5: You know, want to ask, because you brought up the characters that you played, Yeah, you've played some iconic characters, Like that's rare for anybody. I don't get black, white, whatever is red? You have that type of success, you know three different times. Was there ever a role that you auditioned for or even turned down that that became iconic with somebody else?
Speaker 2: And you was like, damn, I should have did that. No, okay, but.
Speaker 21: But I do have a story in reverse. So I got a call to h I got a call to go in for storm for the X Men. Wow, don't get happy, don't do it family. And so when I got the call, I thought, what is helly don't what is she tripping?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Don't do that?
Speaker 5: Girl?
Speaker 21: But okay, one man's trash is another man's track. So I'm like, okay, So I got my boots out and my outfit and I was on white Hair listen. I was ready to show them, only to find out.
Speaker 7: That the damn thing was for the animated series.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh man, they probably like the you showed up.
Speaker 7: They're like serious, No I didn't. I didn't show up for that like that and yeah. So but yeah, no, that's that's all.
Speaker 2: We're brought five of the upshows out on that season five man, No, no, no, he's right.
Speaker 7: So they did this thing.
Speaker 21: They did like a little test to see, you know, calling it parts rather than seasons, because they would drop half and half and so so they called it parts.
Speaker 7: So it's part. I just say new episodes, new episodes, and just you know, leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the party usually for films.
Speaker 7: Listen, Yes, volume six, We'll check it out.
Speaker 2: It's on Netflix right now. We appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 7: Always so much, Thank you for having me. Thank you.
Speaker 6: All right, it's Kit Fields, It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious.
Speaker 6: Chlamine the guy. We are to break Fist Club. Good morning, Saluta, Ki Fields for joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: The icon the legend. Now let's get to Jess with the message. The news is real. Weapons Laurens, Jess, Ca Robber Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do until I talk them sat World, Why Jess worldwide mess on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 19: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 2: Could get you to see this time to set it.
Speaker 3: Off, Share explains her dating preference. So she appeared on the Jennifer Hudson Show and they spoke about SHA's love life and while she dates younger men. Now, before we get into it, let's just say for the record, Cher has been looking great since she was younger. She's seventy seven years old. Wow, in my opinion, she she looks so good to me. She looked good when she was younger, she looks good now. And her current boyfriend is thirty seven years old and he so there's a forty year age differty and he is, uh, what's what's the same Damn Ambrose's ex boyfriend and baby father.
Speaker 2: But the reason I go out with young men. Is because men my age are older. Well now they're all dead, but.
Speaker 1: Before they just never they were always terrified to approach me, and younger men were the only ones that they're bold. Yeah, raised by women like me.
Speaker 2: Now, let's point out the double standard.
Speaker 5: Right, If they were the man on television talking about younger men, people would just assume the women were under age. But when Shared does it, people all of a sudden understand context and know she just means younger. Is that because she's one hundred and three years old? She was, and so everybody's younger than her.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, I also think with Shared too, Yeah, I mean, yeah, absolutely what you're saying is true. But I think with Shared too, she's seventy seven and the fact that she still goes out, she still hangs out. I think most people at the age of seventy seven, eighty years old, they don't want to go to the clubs. They're not hanging out like that. They're home sleeping, And I give shoot, she was outside.
Speaker 5: If she was an eighty something year old man dating a even a forty something ye old woman, people will be calling him disgusting, absolutely and nasty.
Speaker 2: Help yep, I agree, but.
Speaker 3: Right no, I thought I didn't have the notes and I did. I'm sorry, I'm tired. I'm running off from thirty minutes of sleep, all right, so she yo, shut up.
Speaker 15: Hey.
Speaker 3: She also spoke with her boyfriend influencing her musical tastes, and shared who her favorite artist is.
Speaker 2: Who are some of your favorite artists?
Speaker 1: Tupac Tupaca because Alexander started playing Mepac and I was so taken aback by the depth of the worlds.
Speaker 6: That's the only thing with older women, right, they're gonna call you a full government. It's not like alex or a or Bay. Alexander actually played Tupac Skar in the car for me, and she said, Tucu Pac Okay. She added another sing, Now that's that seventy seven kicking in. But yeah, she said she loved the depths of his music, So yeah, okay, that's right. Yeah, Wow, that's right, elder share. But I can't say that you look good, she looks good?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Dj Envy executive producing his new documentary Congratulations and Drop a Clues, bron Brother.
Speaker 2: What kind of documentary you got?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You want to explain it. It's gonna be on Amazon Prime Video tomorrow. And you executly producing it. Yus, Do you know what your brother got going on away?
Speaker 2: He ain't telling me nothing about this. I can't wait to hear this now. It's called Tale of the Tape. You want me explain it for you?
Speaker 6: That was waiting for sell like tailor the tape about your Ass, It's about a mixtape saying what it's about the origins of mixtapes and how mixtapes started with the DJs and how it transformed from DJ's doing mixtapes to artists doing mixtapes to where it is now in the digital game. And uh, we have interviews and conversations with Jay Cole, with Kendrick Lamar, with uh you name it, every DJ drama, DJ Klue, myself, and it just it just talks about the industry and where it's been.
Speaker 2: Combat Jack is actually on it.
Speaker 6: We've been doing this for the last fifteen years and we've just been getting footage and talking about mixtapes because mixtapes is a lost art. Once the digital game came out and playlist came out, you don't hear anybody really doing mixtapes anymore. So we just wanted to talk about where it came from and you know, I always ride for the DJs, so I'm an executive producer on that on that project, so it's I'm excited about that comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You sent over here being quiet about your little successes, no dropping.
Speaker 5: The clues bombs with DJ and are you going to explain to this new generation what a cassette tape is?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well you should?
Speaker 5: You know how any interviews you always be like, explain what such and such a Are you gonna explain to the people who don't people who don't know? Are you gonna explain to people what a cassette tape is?
Speaker 6: Well, before there was playlists, there were CDs, And before they were CDs, there were cassettes. And before there was cassettes, there was vinyl, before there was vil, there was a dad before that, it's a cassette. They know what a cassette?
Speaker 2: Players played the trailer, No, they don't.
Speaker 5: Most rappers wouldn't be where they are today without the success of mixtapes.
Speaker 26: That hustle, that grind, that do it yourself mentality. Then the mixtape game represents that's truth spirit and hit on my mixtape.
Speaker 2: Tape's an appointment.
Speaker 5: Mixtape is the widest way of getting your music.
Speaker 2: Pushing os is one of the most popular on mix tape.
Speaker 26: While it would take hours to showcase every DJ worthy of a mention, the mixtape DJs that we're about to focus on left an indelible influence on the culture and push hip hop for But if you go back in time and just do your homework, you'll find out that mixtape.
Speaker 2: Started with the DJs.
Speaker 15: That's a fact.
Speaker 26: But for some reason, everybody don't give it up to them the way that they should.
Speaker 2: And that's Royce the five to nine actually doing the narration. So I love it. People, you can learn something from that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you can see that tomorrow on Prime Video, Spectrum on Demand and Verizon.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you say DJ Drama gonna be on DJ dramas on it as well. Yep, he is so cute, all right? So moving on real quick.
Speaker 3: Martinelli's apple Juice being recalled y'all. So Martinelli did a voluntary recall on the batch of the apple juice after levels of arsenic was found and it exposure to arsenic can cause cancer, birth defects, diabetes, and heart issues. In the state of Maryland found samples of a single lot of one liter bottles of the juice.
Speaker 2: No illnesses have been reported in connection to the recall.
Speaker 3: However, the exact batch being recalled is listening y'all because y'all may be drinking one right now, one leader, which is thirty three point eight ounce bottles with the best by date of March ninth, twenty twenty six or March tenth, twenty twenty six. Bottles in that batch were sent to stores from March thirteenth, twenty twenty three and September twenty seventh, twenty twenty three, with most of it shipped before July twenty eighth, twenty twenty three. So be careful, y'all, because that is my favorite apple juice. But I want everybody to be safe because it's being recalled.
Speaker 5: If somebody out there right now, it's eight in the morning. They woke up about five o'clock. They on the third cigarette of the day, a third new portup of egg throw that day and apple juice out bad. That apple juice killing us.
Speaker 3: So right, yo, But hitting the FuG hitting the day port lawn on the third one of the morning.
Speaker 5: It's only eight in the morning there on their third Newport talking about throw the apple juice out.
Speaker 2: The apple juice is gonna kill us. All I say it. It's like a craik Headvan Vegan, like what you crack it?
Speaker 6: You love it.
Speaker 2: That's just the mess for the second hour. All right, now we got Donkey Day coming up, Charlamagne, yes man.
Speaker 5: For after the hour, we need to talk about some big back activities. Okay, this is there is a couple. There's a couple named Ann and Bernard McDowell. And Okay, even though I think this is one of the most romantic things I've ever heard, they still need to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 6: We'd like to have a word with them, all right, and also next hour, just fix my mess. If you need relationship advice, any type of advice, you can call Jess right now. You'll fix your your situation. Live on eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. Donkey Day's up.
Speaker 9: Next, y'alla you're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Damn he hogged. It's time the Donkey Day. I mean trying to be donkey today.
Speaker 5: No more.
Speaker 2: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these things called Donkey of the Day. And it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of Day today?
Speaker 5: Well, just hilarious donkey today for Thursday. May second goes to Anne and Bernard and mcdonoh. Okay, they are thirty nine and forty one years old, and I am reluctantly giving them donkey to Day this morning because truthfully, this is one of the most romantic stories I've ever heard. See, when you're in a relationship, you are always looking for new things to do, okay, new things to try with your significant other. You have to keep things interesting in the relationship. It needs to absolutely did that. Let me read the headline for you.
Speaker 2: Come.
Speaker 5: The headline is dine and dashed couple busted for hitting five restaurants for twelve hundred dollars in free meals. I repeat, dyne and dashed couple busted for hitting five restaurants for twelve hundred dollars in free meals. See what it happened was Ann and Bernard have been accused of dining at five different restaurants, all within a thirty mile radius of each other, and leaving without paying their tab. Before you ask, from the pictures, I see yes, they are big backs. Okay, wide bodied individuals, all right, one of them so big that if she wore yellow, kids would run after her thinking they missed the school bus. Respectfully, Okay, Now, these folks just weren't going to different restaurants, you know.
Speaker 2: To get an item here or there.
Speaker 5: You know how you may order some chicken from KFC, but then you know, get your sides from Popeyes. No, these individuals who are so big they could sit on Walmart and make the prices go down.
Speaker 2: We're eating full blown meals at these establishments. Okay.
Speaker 5: This is the epitome of big back activity. See, God can't bless what you pretend to be, so you need to be yourself. And if you are yourself, a blessing as big as Anne's back is on its way to you. Now, let's be clear. This is gluttony to the highest degree. Because the couple used to go to these restaurants, and they would go with a party. At six They would order and eat large meals, which often costs upward of four hundred dollars. They would eat quickly, and then four members of the party would exit, leaving and behind, and Ann would be with a little small child like a four year old child. They would leave an behind to pay the bill and would act like she was paying the bill okay with a car. Then the card would get declined. Then she would say she needed to get another card from the car. She'd walk to the car. They'd ask the little boy to stay and wait for her in the restaurant, and then when the woman would get to the car, after about ten fifteen seconds, the little boy would run out to the car.
Speaker 2: Man the Clumpson's wild. Okay.
Speaker 5: What I don't understand is if you can put this much energy into a crime of food consumption, how come you can't put that same energy and to.
Speaker 2: Unbiggin your back.
Speaker 5: And furthermore, if you can put this much energy into being a snack scammer, how come you can't put just as much energy and to getting the job so you don't have to steal from people. Now, the owners of these restaurants would call police, but police would tell them this isn't an emergency, and all they could do was report the incident.
Speaker 2: This is disgusting.
Speaker 5: You call the police to report a herd of humans coming into your establishment and stealing and nobody does anything but imagine the urgency that would happen if they called and said their restaurant just got invaded by a herd of buffalo, every single law enforcement division would show up and animal control to get this herd of buffalo under control. So the same sense of urgency should be applied to a herd of humans who are as big as buffalos.
Speaker 2: Now, what's even saddern As.
Speaker 5: An owner of the restaurant said, they sent CCTV recordings, I guess those are the camera recordings from the restaurant. They would send the recordings from the restaurant, they would send photos. They even sent the registration plate number of the car. And the response from law enforcement was this vehicle is connected to many people.
Speaker 2: Well go investigate all the many people.
Speaker 5: Then now we can take that for what it is and say, hey, the vehicle is connected to many people, or we can say one of these individuals is so big that they get mistaken for many. When fifty cent said many men wish death upon him, we knew that meant a lot. So you know how big one person got to be for you to refer to them as many. To be fair, though, the whole party not big. Backs just like two of them, and they white, so they look like Twitter Eggs from twenty fourteen. But let's think about the bright side of this. I know a good romantic comedy when I hear one. Just Carl Alvin Gray right now, Okay, Carl Alvin Gray. Were about to go into production on Loving Big Backs coming to to be real soon. Opening scene, opening scene, We're gonna show them getting baptized at SeaWorld. Oh no, what ho Wait a minute, I got a better name for this romantic comedy. We can change Ann's name to Stella and call it how Stella got her Big back. That's it, That's it, right there, ladies, Please give Anne and Bernard McDonald the biggest he offered. And let's not forget what they did is wrong, and that's why they were arrested in charge with five counts of fat fraud and charged with four counts of theft.
Speaker 2: Jesus, well, rightfully, so they should have been that's right, fat fraud, yes, yo, Jesus.
Speaker 5: But I know they didn't put regular handcuffs on them either, But that's a whole different.
Speaker 2: How and got her big bag?
Speaker 5: Yes, we just gotta we gotta change your name to Stella, though we changed her name is Stella for the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how Stella got her big back. Oh oh boy, all right, what do we call Alvin Gray? I'm gonna call him.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call them although album Gray do have a movie called check Please, where they run out on checks. It's on Amazon, Prime, YouTube and TV. Is'll ever believe I say it's called check Please, and they do. That's the movie about uh guys running out on the check.
Speaker 2: But it's funny. It's a it's a storyline behind and everything. Man, you is not lying. I just looked it up. Man man, hold on, man hold on.
Speaker 5: Alvin Gray got the rapper who got shot in the hill, the nurse that saw the baby on the highway, and check Please. Oh I got a hold now this when I got to watch you got one called Blackwater sa Squash.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's the number one.
Speaker 3: No, that's the one. You gotta say. Blackwater Sasquatch is really good.
Speaker 2: It's about Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna sell you it's going on here, but it's good. That was it's black like blackfelt.
Speaker 2: I'm watching that. That's gonna get me the twob I'm watching that today and it's free. Oh my goodness. All right, well, thank you for that. Donkey to day. Now, don't try to do that because when you're little doct minery come out, Tom, you're gonna watch watch it. So don't try to do all that. Dj N G anyway, No, when we come back here we go.
Speaker 6: All right up next, just fix my mess. Eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one high that just right now. It's the breakfast cloak aboard it the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Baby, it's the real deal.
Speaker 17: Help me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm all up in your mess.
Speaker 18: I'm gonna fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it. Just gonna fix your mess because my advice is real morning. Everybody is dj NV just hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for just to fix my mess. And we have Q on the line. Q.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning. Hey, what's your question for jes So?
Speaker 16: Good morning?
Speaker 15: My question is my son father is incarcerated. This is the third time he's incarcerated, and I was wondering do you think I should wait on him or just move.
Speaker 13: On with my life?
Speaker 2: This is the third time. What are the crimes like? What is he doing? Are they petty crimes?
Speaker 19: Like?
Speaker 2: What is it if you don't mind me ask.
Speaker 15: You're selling drugs for each time?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay?
Speaker 3: Did you ever give him an ultimatum? It's either this life or mean you know your family, mean, your son, You ever give him one?
Speaker 5: I have?
Speaker 26: I have?
Speaker 2: And what is his response to that? I mean, I see what his action is to that, But what is his response?
Speaker 16: That's the only thing he knows. He never had a job.
Speaker 15: He grew up in the system, so he he don't like nobody him what to do, so going into a job and making a little bit of money, that's what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's one of those. So yeah, so yeah, you need.
Speaker 15: To move one of those.
Speaker 3: When I say one of those, I mean one who blames everything on the like on the color of his skin, one who uses it for a like an excuse to fall back on.
Speaker 2: Yo, this is all I know.
Speaker 3: Why Why are you limiting yourself, dummy? Like I'm sorry, no disrespect, but no, you're you're raising a son and you that's not what you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The sense of his father can't follow him like that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We're already born into sin now and it's your job to raise him and change that pattern.
Speaker 2: That's that's not what we're doing. That's not what we're doing.
Speaker 3: If he has excuses like that, because that's all they are are excuses.
Speaker 2: This is all I know. I'm not about to go work for somebody I got, but you in jail.
Speaker 3: You're in jail, and believe me, you're on the street working for somebody as well. So let's not let these let's not let these people play with us.
Speaker 2: These men, now, yeah, move on.
Speaker 3: You're greater than that. And you also have a son to raise the right way. Yeah, please move on, bull Thank you, no problem, thank you.
Speaker 2: Good look. We got Sarah on the line. Sarah, what's your question for Jess.
Speaker 17: So jes you are beautiful. Congratulations if your pregnancy you are glowing. So okay, it's a little bit of a story. But I'm dating a guy here.
Speaker 15: He knew.
Speaker 17: Literally like two months in.
Speaker 15: He is a dope guy.
Speaker 17: You know how you get the feeling when you're like, okay, this can go somewhere. He is very chiving. His birthday is coming up, and I wanted to get him a gift. Now, he's kind of one of those guys that were like the GUCCIII prodest so I just feel like I kind of notched that energy. I was going to get him a nice watch, like a little bit up of the pip point. And the issue is, though I've done this before and it didn't go well.
Speaker 3: Okay, and you said he is an expensive type of guy. He does like brands and luxury and stuff like that, exactly. Okay, And you have done this, meaning that you have treated a guy with luxury before. It's a luxury before and what they walked out on you or didn't work or like you were used literally did.
Speaker 17: Not find me a Valentine's Vegas way go back after valence I's Day.
Speaker 2: It was like, hey, okay, and you're scared that it's gonna be like this with.
Speaker 17: Him, exactly like, I don't want to change who I am because that's who I am. I do it from the bottom of my heart. It's not about necessary the price point that. I also don't want to look like a stimp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you don't want to be taking advantage of constantly over and over. Let me ask you a question and be totally honest with me. Do you lead with your money? Like, do you lead with things like this?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 17: I prefer the guy to lead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ask you what you prefer I asked you what you did.
Speaker 3: Well do you because you said you've done this before, so you you probably I've done this. I've done this. That's why I'm saying. That's why i'm asking you, like, and I had to learn to stop doing that, like you know, years ago. No, if you show a guy that, no matter what, like this is who you are, this is who you are, you just buy extravagant gifts and nice gifts and all that, he's gonna always expect it because that's what we led with.
Speaker 2: Well, I lead with it. That's what you lead with.
Speaker 3: You gotta change that. That's not changing who you are. That's making a guy like respect you above all of that. Respect you first, you know, because you were called for your money. You ain't just out here splurge and you're not tricking on nobody. But that's what a guy can take it as when we lead with it.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, I share you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I want you to hear me.
Speaker 3: I want you to listen because you can hear me. It can go on one end and right out the other. So I think what you should do is don't jump out there with the watch. I think you should do something more gestural, like I think you should playing like a nice dinner, you know, something like that, or like get in his head what does he like to do?
Speaker 2: Now? What does he like to wear? What does he like to flash? Like, what does he like to do?
Speaker 3: Do something that's more meaningful than that, even though you say, that's not who you are, but that's who you can start being. And then you got to make him earn that roly or whatever you're gonna get. Because I got a feeling you're really talking.
Speaker 17: I'm telling him, but now that actually makes sense because I think he would like a thoughtful like dinner on the rooftop friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And then you gotta watch and then watch for his reaction. Well, I'm right right before I let you go, I'm gonna let you I'm gonna tell you watch for his reaction. If he looks like he's really enjoying, you know, because you can feel, you can feel a guy's energy. If he's blown away by that, that's how you know you got him and that's what's up. But if he looks like, Okay, where's the gift, or like you know you'll be able to tell because this is all too familiar to you.
Speaker 2: Then you know, get the hell out of there of it.
Speaker 17: Last words, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, go on, mama, good luck. Just fix my mex.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred, just fix my mess eight hundred five five one five one calling now it's the Breakfast Club, come morning.
Speaker 3: That's about me. For relationship problems, that's about me. If you need to beat your coworker's ass, al me, if your coworker need to be so assd.
Speaker 2: Call it up doctor Jess, and I'm here to fix your mess. Fix your mess. He's getting very much mess. He let me fix that.
Speaker 6: Warning everybody is ej Envy Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. It's time for just fix my mess. Hello?
Speaker 12: Who's this.
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Carmen. What's your question for Jess? So, just.
Speaker 16: My son is being sexually harassed at his high school by his wife at his high school, okay, by two administrators, because of his sexual orientation.
Speaker 15: So how would you deal with that?
Speaker 2: I would call the cops. First of all, how old is he? He's fifteen, okay? And what is his sexual orientation?
Speaker 3: What do you so he's gay okay, okay, because he could be by he could be yeah, okay, so he's gay, and then and their men, yeah okay, and he's uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I'm imagining he told you this, right.
Speaker 16: So we've been to the school board. We spoken to the principal. The guy told my son he said, you know, he said something to my son. Instead of my son engaging and going back and forth with him, he gave the guy a thumbs up. And the guy says to my sixteen year old son, oh, I know what you do with that some and then says you probably use both of them.
Speaker 2: Jesus. An administrator is talking this way to a fifteen year old st.
Speaker 16: Yes, my son is also friends with one of the administrator's.
Speaker 13: Daughters, because there's two of them.
Speaker 15: The daughter says, yeah, he.
Speaker 16: Calls you, you know the f you know, FZ that word and he calls you to be word. I don't know why he doesn't like.
Speaker 3: You, Okay, So he's being assaulted and harassed basically, right, yeah, yeah, And so what came.
Speaker 2: Out of you going to the board and you know, local authorities.
Speaker 16: I didn't go to local authorities yet.
Speaker 17: I just want the board first.
Speaker 2: I try.
Speaker 17: They're just basically like.
Speaker 16: Oh, there's an investigation pending.
Speaker 3: But he still has to go to the school every day though, and be humiliated by those two administrators.
Speaker 16: And he did this in a classroom for the students.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, girl, I would definitely make this a thing, you know, I did. Listen.
Speaker 3: The Internet is used for a bunch of things, and it's a gift and a curse, but it also is a vehicle to get everything out there and to bring awareness as well.
Speaker 2: So I would be going crazy. Where do y'all live.
Speaker 16: We're in Orangeburg, South Carolina?
Speaker 2: Okay, I would definitely be going crazy.
Speaker 3: Get somebody to post the repost, the repost, the reposts, and you need to tell him to get online, if you know, if he's not that type of person where he doesn't want to go through all this because he is still fifteen, and he's very young and probably still growing into who he is and trying to figure out his own identity. It out like that, I wouldn't do that, but me as a mom, I would be going crazy. So I would definitely go to local authorities for sure, because if the school is not gonna take it as serious enough, it's because that can that can promote that that can make him hurt himself, that can promote suicidal thoughts. You know what I'm saying, God forbid. You know, I know you love your baby, and I know he loves his life, but he has to go to school every day and deal with this.
Speaker 2: This is humiliation, right, you know.
Speaker 3: So I would definitely go to local authorities just to at least have a paper trail so you can so everybody can see there's a history that you are a mom who's been trying to get this out there for the longest time, and you need justice for your son because.
Speaker 2: That's not fair. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, So no, get ahead of that for sure. And I'm sorry that he has to go through that.
Speaker 15: Thank you guy so much.
Speaker 6: No problem, all right, just fix my mess now you can call it each and every Thursday, eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one when we come back, just with the mess, Yes, what we're talking about with the mess?
Speaker 3: Y'all got so many jobs in here, and hold on, all right, mother daughter duo arrested.
Speaker 2: For a COVID scam. Okay, we'll get into that.
Speaker 6: Man sention all day, me and you and you've been tired all day. Mother and daughter scam, I heard it. We'll get to it when we come back. It's the Breakfast local boarding.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, everybody is DJ M v J. Just Hilarius Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 14: News is real, weapons, flis just ca Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 6: Time talk stand nobody talk the SPA world why Jes worldwide mess.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 5: She was able to get.
Speaker 19: Y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 3: Could get you to see this time to set it off, YO, So mother daughter duo arrested for fraud. A mother and daughter from New York were arrested for their involvement in a fraudulent scheme targeting COVID nineteen relief funds. Andrea fifty seven years old and her daughter, Alicia, thirty seven. Andrea was a longtime city employee and her daughter is a financial advisor and accountant.
Speaker 2: Together they defrauded the.
Speaker 3: US Small Business Administration out of almost one point seven million through the EID disaster alone. The EID loaner is Economic Injury Disaster loan program. They submitted over one hundred and sixty five fraudulent applications on behalf of people that know that they know, falsely claiming that they owned qualifying businesses with at least ten employees.
Speaker 2: In reality, most of these businesses did not exist.
Speaker 3: They were arrested in twenty twenty one and plaged guilty to several charges, including wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. They asked to Judge felliniency but were denied. How are you going to ask to Judge felleniucy after like one point seven million?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Andrea was sentenced to only three and a half years and her daughter was sentenced to two years in prison and six months on house arrests.
Speaker 2: They're still a slap on the risk for all of this. And they were sentenced on Friday.
Speaker 3: They have until August second to turn themselves into prison, so they still got their whole summer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I just want y'all to know that all you folks who scam the government during COVID, y'all going to prison. And I told you all this when the scams first started happening when we first started hearing about the government doing these PPP loans and small business loans and all of this other stuff. I told y'all, y'all was gonna end up in PPP prison. You will not escape the long arm of the law. You thought you could make a fake LLC.
Speaker 2: Hunh. You thought you was gonna get that money and live happily ever after. Hunh. Nope.
Speaker 5: Enjoy this summer because you don't have too many left. Because it's a ten year statue of limitations. They got a whole decade to be locking y'all up, and it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: And I think it's so funny when somebody just out enjoying themself and then they get.
Speaker 2: Y's over years and years.
Speaker 3: I got away with that and you got ten years. Listen, you'll see yep. Moving on, Beyonce and Shabboozi make history. Shaboozi's record a Bar song jumped from number six to number one on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart.
Speaker 2: Of the song is a play on tips by J Kwan. It's dope you ever heard it before? It is definitely hard? I like it.
Speaker 3: Uh. The song jumped from Beyonce's Texas hold him to the number two, to the number two spot after ten weeks at number one.
Speaker 2: This song also made history.
Speaker 3: Shaboozi being number one and being and Beyonce being number two is the first time two black artists have led the Hot Country chart back and back. So shaboo Chaboozy was featured on two songs on Beyonce's Cowboy Carter and The songs are called Spaghetti and then Sweet Honey Bucking.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, congratulations to both of the month. Chaboozi is getting his because he's been he's been going country for a while. I said, both of those. I don't listen to country music. You can hear his voice, well you know what you should, You're right, you can be What does the man sound like? Exactly? All right?
Speaker 3: Oh and then other short news that really don't nobody care about. Kim K and OBJ call it quits, man. We were really rooting for them too.
Speaker 2: What you no, no, no, no, fran Is he did he retire?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: He retired? Oh all right, well no, man, maybe it's for other reasons. I thought that he Oh no, he's not with the Ravens. The Ravens released him. Okay, so the Ravens release free Agent. That's right, so they broke up. But that is es with the mess for the third hour and happy Thursday, y'all. All right, thank you, Jess.
Speaker 6: Now when we come back, we got the People's Choice mixed eight hundred and five five one oh five.
Speaker 2: I won't get your request in. And it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ n V, Jess, Hilarius, Charlamagne de God. We are the Breakfast Club. I want to salute to everybody heading out to Vegas today. I want to salute to everybody heading out to Vegas. It's the Lovers and Friends Festival weekend. That's the huge concert that Usher puts on, and so many R and B artists are going to be on there. They're having a whole festival weekend. They're doing a huge day party the day before. So it's the Lovers and Friends R and B Day Party that that's tomorrow. So I'll be DJ and that and I'll be at our Hardan DJing as well. So I'm excited about that. This is I mean, it's so many artists that's going to be performing from USh a little John Luda, Chris every R and B you could possibly imagine will be performing on that stage on Atlanta.
Speaker 2: It seems like everybody from Atlanta. No, that's more than that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, it could be some Atlanta bias because it is US's festival that is lit. Yeah, let's not act like it might not be some Atlanta bias. You know what else I was thinking about too, I was thinking about Eric Adams from earlier when Eric Adams said, h it's despicable that schools would allow another country's flag to fly in our country. Like I should have gave him donkey today because you're the mayor of New York City, right, and and it's one of the most diverse cities in all of America. Like, you have to add context to that statement when you say it's despicable that schools would allow another country's flag to fly in our country.
Speaker 2: So it's what Puerto Ricans shouldn't fly their flag.
Speaker 5: I mean, like other people who come here from other countries, who are proud to be Americans but also proud of, you know, where they come from, they should be allowed to fly their flag.
Speaker 2: Well, this country that was built on other countries, right, it was that's on immigrants coming here, building this. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it just sounds crazy to say it's despicable that schools would allow another country's flag to fly in our country.
Speaker 2: Now I understand what he's saying.
Speaker 5: If you know these students took down the American flag and you know, put up another flag, then that's I understand that logic. But you can't just cast a wide that and say it's despicable that schools would allow another country's flag to fly in our country.
Speaker 2: You got to add context to that, May Adams, that's right.
Speaker 6: Well, when we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ n V, Jess Hilarians, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now, Jes, you talked about the we were talking about the Lovers and Friends and we said it was Atlanta heavy, but it's not got Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Snoop, Sierra, Ludacris, TLC, Neo, Escape, Genuine, Mario, SWV, Joy Roula, Shante, Nelly, Gwen Stefani, Lil Wayne, Backstreet Boys and Lucia Keys, Brandy, Monica, Jodasy Robin Thick T Payne, Jeremiah.
Speaker 2: Ain't Enough Microphone, Pretty Rich.
Speaker 6: Kerry Hilston, Drew Hill, David Banner, Little Flip, Jay Holliday, Trina A, Marie to Riah Black Twister, Cameron Juvenile, I met the Mayor of Redman Jez Fat Jo t I E forty fabulous to wait for Jasco, Short Twist, Ena s Gott Black seven.
Speaker 2: Alright, alright, alrightlright, alright.
Speaker 5: By the way, ain't nobody complaining about opening that show?
Speaker 2: Please let me get out of here. I cannot be the last person on this show. A lot of Jesus.
Speaker 3: Well, this weekend, your girl Jesse Larius will be in Louisville, Kentucky. Make sure you get your tickets. Shout out to ninety three point one down there. That's the station there for listening to the Breakfast Club every morning. And then also, I got four shows, so it's two Friday and then two Saturday, y'all.
Speaker 2: I love y'all, but I cannot do shows on Sundays because I got a job.
Speaker 3: So get your tickets at j Just solarisoficial dot com or Louisville Comedy dot com. I see you Louisville, all right, well, all right, Louisville, my bad, Louisville, La.
Speaker 2: Man, you got a positive note I do in the positive notice. Simple.
Speaker 5: Before you rush in and save people or attempt to save people, make sure you're not interrupting their karma.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a blessed day. Mmm. I like that one breakfast club bitch, y'all finish for y'all done,