Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time, y'all don't know y'all all at all, don't given a black all bu bus things Steve listening to.
Speaker 3: To I don't joy, Yeah, Joy, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Turn love you.
Speaker 3: Turn came.
Speaker 4: To turn the mouth the turn.
Speaker 3: You probably got to turn the mouth, turn out, turn the water of the.
Speaker 2: Money up looking. Come come on you think that?
Speaker 5: Uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 6: You all listening to the voice, come on dig me now, One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Man, old man, Oh Man symbolizes just one thing to me. Man, It's just a constant remind of exactly how good God has.
Speaker 5: Been to me over the years. And I'm thank him for it too, because I.
Speaker 6: Realize every day that I wake up that I would be nothing without him. That everything I am, that's any good in me I owe to him.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: Have I made some mistakes along the way? Yep, bunches, bunches and bunches. And will I continue to make mistakes along the way?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 6: Not as many, hopefully as I have in the past, because a lot of stuff I know better now. But you're still going to make mistakes now. You know, hopefully I've limited the amount of intentional in my life. I've wiped quite a few of those out. But from time to time, because we're human, we're going to make a mistake every now and then. The trick, what it is, y'all, is not to let the devil deceive you into thinking that once you make that mistake that that's it. You can't do it. You're falling off the wagon. You can't reboard it. That's the biggest trick that he uses. He makes you think that if you keep stumbling, that you can't run the race. It kind of reminds me of a marathon runner. From time to time, I watch them on TV, and you'll see some people who finish the race, you know, in a nice pace. You see people finish the race sprinting towards the finished line. But every now and then you'll watch a marathon and you'll see a runner and the runner is in really bad shape. The key is they finish the race. See, you don't get disqualified in the marathon because you stumble.
Speaker 5: You don't.
Speaker 8: They don't.
Speaker 6: They don't take your opportunity to finish the race because you keep falling.
Speaker 5: That's not the key. The key is finishing.
Speaker 6: And a lot of times what the devil does is he makes you think that because you keep stumbling, because you're swaying from side to side, that you know you out the race. Well that's not the case. And see and then this thing called life. Let me help you understand something. Everybody falls, Nobody sprints to the tape in this one. Nobody just runs free and clear that as some people running faster than you, and all like this, and some people gonna get to the end before you let them go ahead. And when the end come, the end come. I ain't in the rush. You get to the end. But but in this race, though, when you're stumbling and you're falling, it's a part of it. No one gets through this race without stumbling and falling, swaying from side to side. So don't let the enemy deceive you in the thinking that it's over. I try to be encouraging to people because I don't want people to get stuck on this thing, you know. And my walk is very different from a lot of people's walks. And then I know a lot of people who walking in faith the way I'm walking in faith. But my thing in the morning is just to remind those that is not a perfect walk man, that it's not something that's set up where you're gonna be skipping through life scott free without any pitfalls. You know, I keep saying it over and over and over again because, like I said, when I was in DC, my boy Hondo said this to me and it just kind of stuck with me that the road to construct, the road to success is always under construction. You have to figure and count on the setbacks and the pitfalls. But it's those people that that that that are that fight through will be the victors in the end. You cannot give up, man, Stop going somewhere and sitting down every time something goes down. It's going to go down. It's a part of it. It's going to happen. It's going to occur that are going to be setbacks. If you go and sit down every time there's a setback, that's.
Speaker 5: Not how this works. It is designed that way.
Speaker 6: If success were easy, everybody would be successful. But success is just reserved for those who are willing to fight through, who refuse to settle for mediocrity, who wants something more. Now, don't get me wrong. Success is defined by each individual, So what I may consider to be successful. You may not consider that. You know what Bill Gates considered successful. I might not consider what Michael Jordan considered successful. I might not consider what you consider successful. Your boss might not consider. You have to define what that is for yourself. It may not be monetary at all. You know, your level of success could be tied up in community service. It could be tied up in family. It could be tied up in the church. Your level of success could be tied up into boys clubs. It could be any number of things. Whatever your level of success is, you have to determine what that is you and the best way to determine that is to get in touch with your maker, who created you, to find out what your mission and your purpose is so he can put you on track. I just had this conversation with my son and we were talking about getting on the.
Speaker 5: Path that God has set up for you.
Speaker 6: Many times we find ourselves fighting through life because of so much uncertainty, because we have no idea where we're headed. It's like one of my sayings that I have at my mentoring camp for boys is is that a boy without a male role model is like an explorer without a map. See if you don't have a map laid out in front of you of where you're going when you wake up every day, that pretty much explains the feeling of confusion, the laxadaisical attitude, the lack of purpose, to not understanding your mission because you don't have not gotten in touch with your creator to find out exactly what your path in life is. What are you supposed to be doing? The moment you can identify that is the moment that you get started waking up with purpose, with the sense of direction. When you kill the sense of I don't know what's next or what to do. Now, there's going to be some confusing moments no matter what happened, it's going to be some uncertainty, but at least you'll know where you're going.
Speaker 5: So if you.
Speaker 6: Tied a waking up feeling loss, abandon, confuse, don't know what to do, don't know what you're supposed to be doing, refer back to your makeup. Because when He created you, he had a plan for you. When he created you, he had a path for you. Now we've made some decisions to get off of both of those, the mission and the path. But God can get you right back on track. Do that today. Ask him what you're supposed to be doing, and listen. God has all the answers if you form the relationship.
Speaker 9: Okay, you're listening.
Speaker 6: Show all right, everybody, let me have your attention. Good morning, good night, good day, good and well know that this is how we started.
Speaker 9: Mom.
Speaker 6: We're gratitude. I've already thanked him this morning. As soon as I open my eyes, I thank him. I'm getting better and better and better at day. I'm just telling y'all that's the best way to start today. Man, tell God, think you so many things he does for us goes without gratitude. We just got to do a better job of that. The more you're grateful for, the more He will give you to be grateful for. That's a principle of success that's oftentimes overlooked. I need us to stop overlooking it. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show. The members are Sherley Strawberry calling for real, Mississippi, Monica Junior, and the legend that is Nephew Tommy. Ladies and gentlemen, the most interesting man in the world is not on that beer commission. No, he's on the Steve Harvey mon and shit, yeah, junior, what in the world is going on today?
Speaker 5: And you're looking up in the air, so it's fit to be a dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you it's May a couple of weeks Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Now I'm with Tommy. Am I required?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: Am I required to do?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Everything?
Speaker 9: This is okay?
Speaker 5: She's a mother.
Speaker 11: You're with Tommy?
Speaker 10: What I just realized it's not my mama either, Tommy, I didn't. I was my girlfriend at one point.
Speaker 6: Now my wife? Who stop, stop stop shocking your ass. Just got out of trouble. Now you're gonna ask me about some month's day.
Speaker 12: Yes, you get to when it gets something. Okay, just got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, But how hard do we have to go on this day?
Speaker 12: As hard as you all got? Whatever? Do you miss the last dat you got to go?
Speaker 9: Okay? See I don't know.
Speaker 6: See the key word in this is date. The last time you got in trouble was caused a birth date. Now it's Mother's Day. You're gonna let these days get your ass for Okay, for anything that has a day on it, your ass got to excel. Valentine Day, an aversarray if it's rhyme, with day anversarray christ date.
Speaker 10: Okay, I don't give it THEMN what it is, man, Okay, but let me just ask you this all this day, boy, I'm not okay, I ain't gonna say, but let me ask you this. On her birthday follows right before Valentine's Day, then Mother's Day? Can we just move her birthday to another day, just like somewhere in the summertime? Can we just because all this stuff is piloted up in the first quarter of the year, can we just move his birthday?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you don't want to move and see what happened at your rate.
Speaker 12: You need to be buying some for Halloween, Saint Patrick. You need to be doing every damn holiday. Thet you need Memorial Days.
Speaker 9: Day, all the day.
Speaker 5: You need to getting in all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Secretary date, we just say you don't know how to do this at all.
Speaker 5: Dog, you need to come in there with.
Speaker 13: All right, coming up thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll run that brink back with a nephew right after this.
Speaker 14: You're listening Morning.
Speaker 13: Show, It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 11: Nephew, what you got, well.
Speaker 12: Charlie we headed down there to the church. This is running that prank back. We headed down there to the church again. We got some uh, we got a situation down at the church. We got some weed in the church band. We got some weed in the church band. I don't know what it's doing in there, but we got weed in the church van. So all of you church folks, all of you choir members, all you folks to drive the vand work out there in the parking lot, all your different ministries, turn it up real loud, because we got weed in the church van.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 12: I don't know how much weed it is, but it is weed in the church weed in the church van.
Speaker 11: We need singing like in the next road.
Speaker 12: I did weed in the church Bandy, let's go catch weed in the church band.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to read there. Brother Hello, Hello, cause we see that. I'm trying to read brother Dare, Brother Dan okay, yeh, this brother Scott from the church and about the Baptist Hello, yeah, I call you. I'm trying to get a little information about the church band. What's what's your schedule?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 7: Will you drive the church? What what's your schedule? Uh?
Speaker 16: I drive Wednesday Fridays and Sundays.
Speaker 7: Okay, Wednesday, Friday, This Sunday, now Sunday. What what is that schedule? Oh, Sunday.
Speaker 17: I usually start about eight o'clock in the morning, probably a little early.
Speaker 16: It depending on some of the elderly people that I have to go pick up and bring to the church, make sure they get there okay, and get situated and make sure they're on time for the service and whatnot.
Speaker 7: Okay, and then you take them back home after service is over.
Speaker 17: Yes, I try to get all of them back home, unless they got family members of something that come up there and leat them up there and want to take them to dinner.
Speaker 8: The sun afterwards. But I usually get everybody back home.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, Now this class Sunday, which is part of the reason why I'm calling you. Uh. They saying that some of the church uh members that was on the vand this Sunday. Uh, they are complaining saying that that the church vand was smelling like weed when they got on that. Excuse me, they say the church van was smelling like weed when they got on there. And you are the person that was driving them.
Speaker 16: No, no, no, no, no, no no, not not not the vand that that I'm driving.
Speaker 8: I don't know, I don't know't smoke weed in no Vand.
Speaker 7: Uh do you smoke weed?
Speaker 8: No, I don't smoke weed. I mean not curry. I mean I have before, but I don't smoke weed now. And I would smoke weed before picking some people up to because now where are you carry it from? Who told you this?
Speaker 7: Well? All I know is what what? What's come down the pipeline is? They saying that that a couple of the members came complaining see see.
Speaker 8: Nae just happened last week about this pipeline.
Speaker 17: I want to know who the pipeline is because just last week they came in me talking about that I was using the van to go places that I wanted to go to on my personal time.
Speaker 8: Now I don't do that. I don't do stuff like that. Now. I have had a.
Speaker 17: Past, I had a history, but I don't do stuff like that, and I wouldn't smoking. No church fan, So are you seriously talking to what?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 7: What? What? We're trying to We're trying to get to the bottom of it and see what's going on with you.
Speaker 8: Elderly person said, do you know which one?
Speaker 17: I don't know they love me. Every Sunday. Then people tell me they love me. They say I'm one of the most respectful young gentlemen they've.
Speaker 8: Ever met in their life.
Speaker 7: And so I really find it hard.
Speaker 8: To believe that you getting these type of complaints about me.
Speaker 7: Okay, what I'm saying feel like who we I don't know what that means or nothing like that.
Speaker 17: Look, brother, I don't know you too well, and I know you don't know me. But I've been driving this vans as a point to try to change my life and where I've come from.
Speaker 8: So this was something.
Speaker 17: That I wanted to volunteer even though I'm getting paid to give.
Speaker 8: My time to do this for the church.
Speaker 17: And now this is like the second instance where y'all and came at me on some stuff about like I'm trying to do something with this band. Now, why would I disrespect the church man by smoking weed in it and then letting the weeds stay in there so other people.
Speaker 8: Could sell it.
Speaker 7: Okay, so let me tell you what we're gonna do. We're gonna go out here to the church van to say we're gonna go out here today and open it up. Now, if we see any seeds or anything around the driver or seat. Then that then then we're gonna We're gonna definitely uhna.
Speaker 8: Open the vand up. Man.
Speaker 17: I was raised in that church. Man, My mama go to that church. My grandma se go to that church. See the reason we even all left that church. And you think I'm gonna mess up they by driving around in the van full of elderly people smoking some.
Speaker 7: Like wedad.
Speaker 8: I don't know why such band smell like weed?
Speaker 7: Man, Now I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't got the answers to these questions. I'm just trying to tell you that it wasn't me.
Speaker 7: Did you have some weed in your pocket? And maybe it with just snill it.
Speaker 8: I ain't had no weed on me.
Speaker 17: Stop trying to say like I had weed on me and you ain't gonna give me nothing.
Speaker 8: I ain't had no and we ain't had no weed on me. Okay, Now, you ain't gonna mess up my name or.
Speaker 17: My family's name in this church and disrespect us like this. Now, we've been helping this church for years and I'm trying to tell you that I ain't riding around in no band, smoking no weed with no elderly people.
Speaker 8: Did you ask any of the elderly people if they had any weed on them.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I didn't think about no heldly people having no weed.
Speaker 17: So you just assume it's me what one of them guy got home or something?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 15: You know? What?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 18: Who?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 7: Did you know?
Speaker 20: Who?
Speaker 7: I think the weed belonged to? Ooh ooh, I think I think the weed belonging I you tell me from the Steve.
Speaker 9: Harvey this.
Speaker 7: Man, damn you just got pray. Oh my god, you just got the just say. His name is brother, brother Lawrence Lawns Laws. Oh my, Larry, Larry lad Man.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 7: Larry Larry here in trouble with me. I'm gonna hit him with man. Man, I got one more thing that I got one more thing to ask you. Man, what is the saddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 21: Man, Steve Harvey Morning Man, going on risk Man, going on the chill out the rest of the day.
Speaker 8: I try, Man, I know I ain't gonna smoke the weed.
Speaker 12: I feel like going to church now. I just feel like going to church now. Who won't he do it?
Speaker 11: Thank you?
Speaker 13: Coming up next, ask the clo or love officers you're listening Hard morning show coming up at the top of the hour, and entertainment news. The Kentucky Derby is this Saturday in Louisville. The met Gala is this Monday, and Charles Barkley has apologized to Beyonce's mother. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo. This is from Lashanda in Savannah. Lashanda writes, I was out Friday and so is my friend's husband. As I left the bar, he walked me to my car as he should have. My friend has a story twisted and she thinks he flirted with me. How can she believe a rumor over what we both told her?
Speaker 5: M Well, you know, and Duri, that's a very true statement.
Speaker 6: The problem is she's having problems with suspicion of other things with her husband, and now you've fallen into line with it, which has caused her to be insecure. She's going to always find something wrong in anything he does because of prior prior infractions, so to say so, it's not for you to try to convince her. You stated the case, not just back up stair out the way and stay away from her husband at all costs because he is under the microscope.
Speaker 5: He's being watched.
Speaker 12: And walk your own self to your car next time. Antybody walking your eye. But the man should have walked her to the car. He really should have walked her to the car. But he's gonna pay for that. Car walking, car law.
Speaker 11: Walking, carwalking the crime all.
Speaker 5: As all those are cheater infractions.
Speaker 6: Car walking does opening, he'll pull it. You ask her what flow she wanted to go to on the elevator and press the button?
Speaker 5: Baby, the woman, I was just standing by the buttons. I asked her, what flow?
Speaker 6: Well, why why you got to why you got to make sure everybody getting where they need to go?
Speaker 5: See it happened?
Speaker 18: What's wrong with her fingers? She came, yeah, all right.
Speaker 13: Uh. Moving on to Sandra Anne in Tampa. Sandra Ann says, my twin sister was an adult film star five years ago.
Speaker 11: She's moving back.
Speaker 13: Home closer to me, and she thinks her reputation was wiped clean after her baptism. Should I tell her how hurt and ashamed I was? Or have I let too much time go by?
Speaker 6: Well the baptism, you was she was wiped clean in the sight of God. Yeah, God, forgiving God. Now you have totally been a you know, forgiven by God that them films thought they're still.
Speaker 5: Out ever last.
Speaker 6: Yeah, cyber Space, you are an adult film star and a twin girl.
Speaker 9: I just saw you.
Speaker 6: You ain't seen me, Noamn, it was I got a twin sister. How that sign? How that sign? So you know it's it's a part of it. I mean, lady, you have to work that out in your own mind. She got baptized, she turned her life around. She has every right to do that. Now. If I were you when she moved into town, I moved somewhere else.
Speaker 5: That's what I would do.
Speaker 12: If you don't mind, If you know, man, can they all sent us a tapes so we can see how much the Lord has delivered? You can we at least see where it's coming.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 9: Nobody want to see nothing.
Speaker 5: That's why nobody?
Speaker 1: Right you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: JD and Gary Steve says, I have a new neighbor that is single and beautiful. I also just met a girl online that I'm vibing with. I want to see what's up with my neighbor because she's more convenient. The girl that I met online lives in Chicago. What would you do in this situation.
Speaker 5: I'll be next door with that couple of shigar.
Speaker 6: I'll be over there with my lawn more dog, Oh dog, I'm next door.
Speaker 5: I don't even understand what you're talking about. Chicago for.
Speaker 11: Vibing with her, you know they're cool.
Speaker 9: Our vibe, we vibe online this evening.
Speaker 6: But today though, I'm over here cutting this grass, triving these hedges. I'm over I'm I'm I'm ringing the door bell for Amazon.
Speaker 9: I got.
Speaker 6: Your packages here. I'm on in the ring tone when I'm in the DoD Ball fish in my hair. Yeah, bro, bro, this this and now not one mom concerned about one statement he made.
Speaker 5: What was the convenience?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, don't ever get in a relationship cause it's convenient, because that's gonna wear off so fast.
Speaker 18: Ah huh, that's a two way street with that one.
Speaker 9: I'm next door in Chicago.
Speaker 5: I'm both.
Speaker 6: All right and Tommy, I have created a new section segment for you because so you can stay out of c l O.
Speaker 5: I have a s.
Speaker 6: Well listen, very popular settlement. You know how people get n f ts. You know n f ts, you know new you're telling me no, and that would you get you know, you know n f T. You know n f T, you know, like bigcin and like you know, yeah yeah, stuff like that. N f T instead of CLO, which is Chief Love Officer. We have a new segment called n f T It iss it not for Tommy.
Speaker 11: Because all you want to do is look at video.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's all yelling nasty.
Speaker 13: Let us see your phone, Tommy, All right. Last one, Steve Flint Flint and Johannesburg says, I met a man that has a lot of money.
Speaker 11: Wait is that flirt? Her name is Flirt?
Speaker 13: Oh okay, Flirt and Johannesburg says, I met a man that has a lot of money, but he doesn't like to share it with me. He doesn't splurge on dinners, and he hasn't given me any money since we started dating back in August. What would I would I look like a gold digger if I told him I like to be spoiled?
Speaker 11: That's her question. Flirts her name blurt.
Speaker 6: Well, see it's you're a little late, but I'm gonna explain something to you. You don't have to tell a man you like to be spoiled. You have to behave in a certain way that requires that a man spoils you, but you have to disguise the spoil, okay, instead of using the word spoiled, and just slowly put him out there. Hey, sweetish, so we're going to dinner? Where are we going tonight? And then he'll say, I'm figuring. And then you say, hey, have you thought about have you tried this place right here? It sure would be nice to try that place I heard it was really really nice. He gonna go, yeah, let me take you that. Then you're gonna say, you know, tie da da da da dada, you know, and just you introduce him to the spoiled world with simple, simple experts, but lower them and after a while you would train a man just bawn you without having to introduce it.
Speaker 11: Me, you better drop the knowledge of Laned Harvey RULs.
Speaker 13: All right, coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment right after this.
Speaker 12: That's what I want. I was just gonna say, I'm not gonna say that. That's a.
Speaker 14: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 13: The Kentucky Derby is this Saturday in Louisville at Churchill Downs. Post Positions were already drawn, which determines the starting gate for each horse. Post five and Post ten have produced more winners since the Kentucky Derby started using starting gates back in nineteen forty. Here are some of the horses assigned posts. Post one is door Knock, Post two is Sierra Leone, Posts three and four are Mystic Dan and Catching Freedom, and Post five is Catalytic. Post ten is Forever Young and the favorite to win it all is Fierceness in Post sixteen. Entertainment in Louisville will start tonight featuring t I and Trina and Jeezi will perform at the Derby sound stage.
Speaker 11: And is anybody going? You going?
Speaker 13: Temmy?
Speaker 12: No, I've never had that experience.
Speaker 9: I've never been, Steve, you've been.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, I won't be going this year.
Speaker 9: It's fun?
Speaker 1: Is it fun?
Speaker 9: Regular people?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: It's asking that.
Speaker 8: I don't know what.
Speaker 11: Well is it fun or not?
Speaker 8: See?
Speaker 11: Do you like it?
Speaker 5: Well? Where I was, it was major league fun. There you go. I don't want to tell you I didn't. You know. They have different they have like different levels, you know. Yeah, okay, yeah, they have different levels.
Speaker 11: That's all I could tell you.
Speaker 6: It ain't s'all. It ain't y'all. I'm weary body. The damn listeners man, and they always why are you always sitting there?
Speaker 5: Can us once you did what?
Speaker 11: Damn where we asked? Number one? Where we asked, you didn't volunteer if we asked you.
Speaker 5: Well, they got different levels over there.
Speaker 6: It got a place called the mansion up there, this top level, they got the Millionaires Club that's under the mansion. I was up I was at the Massion, So I don't really know what's happening down on the damn track.
Speaker 5: That I ain't seen.
Speaker 6: No damn MUDs, any kind of foods you could think of. Everything had your names carved in the ice up there, and all like that. All the horses was up there and uptown you had the own betting place within the room. You didn't have to go downstairs to bet. You could walk over there to the gate and bet. All the food was free, and everybody was sitting up there. They were looking good, had money. Now that's all it was. Man in the damn Hi there down there on the track with mud on your splash, those dress and all that. I ain't see that, So damn it. Go to the Kentucky Derby and have him self good ass time. Don't ask me for nothing else about it, oh.
Speaker 11: Because I was gonna ask you who was in there?
Speaker 9: Who all was in there?
Speaker 12: All?
Speaker 5: And everybody else saw in there with fame.
Speaker 6: I don't think Junior Bridge were providing such wonderful opportunity. One of the uh one of the richest African Americans in this country and one of the the biggest African American Damnar the biggest person period at the Kentucky Derby. And so it was a wonderful party with his family there every year and they have it a have a whole section all on the top of the mansion.
Speaker 9: Would you wear his name is Junior Bridge.
Speaker 6: I wore all pimp stuff. Custom mate had him got invited this year, But I can't go because Marge, you can't make it. So ain't no need of me going down there by myself hanging around taking pictures with people and stuff, wrong person being a picture now my ass on TMZ. No, I'm not going this year, all right. I know Kentucky Derb and I try to tell you how my life is.
Speaker 20: What you doing because what because we asked yes, because we want to know vicariously, Yeah, and wait to go?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 13: Then the other entertainment news, Charles Barkley apologized to Beyonce's mom uh in case you missed it, during a T and T Sports broadcast after the New Orleans Pelicans lost the series to the Oklahoma Thunder. Charles Barkley said on air quote the Pelicans deserved to vacation on a dirty beach in Galveston, Texas, which made Tina Knowles mad because.
Speaker 11: She's from Galveston, Okay.
Speaker 13: Miss Tina clapped back at Berkley and social media and said, in part, Hey, Chuck, we don't play about Galveston, Texas. You better watch it, sucker Well. Charles heard about Messina's clap back, and he apologized.
Speaker 11: Take a listen, miss Knowles.
Speaker 5: I don't want that smoke. I don't want to.
Speaker 22: Be high and jail after.
Speaker 5: I apologize. I do not want to be hive in jail after nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, apologize, but you can't mess with nothing around Beyonce. Hello, that will be hive for will they not paying the most dangerous than Swifties?
Speaker 5: They more dangerous than the Navy And what you do that damn be hive? Vicious?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they protect their queen now.
Speaker 12: But then Charles defense we're from Texas. That water is there.
Speaker 18: But all right, people from Dalvaston said, only people from Galveston and Texas and talk about it. You can't.
Speaker 11: Yeah, in the city of Galveston has entered the chat.
Speaker 13: They recently invited the New Orleans Pelicans to come down and kick it with them. Galveston sits on the Gulf of Mexico and south of Houston.
Speaker 11: That's how you guys know about it.
Speaker 12: You drive three miles, three miles out on the boat.
Speaker 9: It's blue.
Speaker 6: It's blue, blue, miles out on the boat to find blue water.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's the white.
Speaker 11: What's wrongs to you?
Speaker 15: I love you?
Speaker 6: Miles out to find no clear water's got that?
Speaker 5: So what is this water that's washing up on the beach? What is that called?
Speaker 16: Water?
Speaker 6: Is three miles out? What is this that's washing up on this beach that we splash?
Speaker 18: All right, a little bit of everything, the Mississippi rivers all it's all in it again.
Speaker 13: We're gonna check your voicemail coming up at twenty minutes after Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve, right after this, you're.
Speaker 14: Listening Steve Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 13: It is time now to check your voicemail, Steve call him eight seven seven twenty nine. Steve, you can leave a message for Steve and you might just hear your call on the air. This is from Daja. Daja's from Dallas. She left a message for Junior.
Speaker 23: Good morning. This is Daja from Dallas and this is for Junior. I'm listening to you guys on the radio and they're trying to get you to change your voice and get you to stop starting your attentions on with hey, and I just want to tell you don't change it to you. You know, do you know how many other comedians will love to be in your position?
Speaker 22: You know what I mean.
Speaker 23: And the reason why you are where you are in your career today is because you're junior, So they don't let anybody change it. Don't let anyone change your voice or anything because Hey, you doing you okay? Many glassed and you guys have a great day.
Speaker 6: Keep The reason she called me in is because her and Junior got the same damn boy.
Speaker 10: No, that's still thank you so much, Danjon. I'm not gonna change my face. It's not something that I can do.
Speaker 1: To change it.
Speaker 9: That's what you need to say.
Speaker 13: Thank you Dajon. All right, here's a call from uh. This is Shy from CALLI, and Shy has a request.
Speaker 24: Hey, good morning. It's a shot from Cali. I almost said uncle, but I don't want to just that. But hey, I think you see, Tommy and Julia need to have a roasting petition on the ten minutes every day, and it's so catty. I think man, I would be great lick with.
Speaker 6: So no, I just brings you on that, Shy, because I'm gonna shut this shirt down. I don't play good in saying box like that because if you say something about me when they start laughing, you're not gonna believe.
Speaker 11: That's the venom that's gonna come out of your mouth.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, see, but they have to start first. Just do a short one. Julie, you crack on Tommy, you crack on me one time, just one.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna show you just one. Junior, you crack on me then time.
Speaker 1: I started off.
Speaker 10: You know, I don't like standing in front of you because you take my air anos.
Speaker 1: I don't like that, you know, nostrils that be I can't do that.
Speaker 9: You said, you talking about his nose.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, you take my anos.
Speaker 12: I heard you go ahead, tom So, what he's saying, unc is that you know people finna start taking vacations through your nostrils. You know, it's it's a it's a cave visit of what is gonna be. That's what they're saying.
Speaker 11: You understand.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hold your nose steal while we take these tickets. We set it. Take it to go up, Steve.
Speaker 6: Though, Well, obviously my nose is creating the problem for both y'all. And I've discovered why you, Junior, you so short. My nostrils don suck your hairline off to the point where it is now back there behind your ear. And Tommy, you've been under these nostrils for fifty six years.
Speaker 5: And I suck four inches of height off.
Speaker 6: So my bad for having a big ass nose.
Speaker 11: You can't take it.
Speaker 13: Steve coming up at thirty four minutes after we'll have more calls seven nine Steve, right after this.
Speaker 11: Than shine from CALLI.
Speaker 14: You're listening hardy morning show.
Speaker 13: All right, Steve, it's time to check more of your voicemails eight seven seven twenty nine Steve call us. If you want to leave a message for Steve, you might just hear your call in the air.
Speaker 11: All right, you're ready for more call Steve.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. I think crews through with shy as a little of course.
Speaker 11: Yeah all right. This is from April and her kids from Louisiana. This Messa Hello, Where hey Steve.
Speaker 23: This is April from Punchakula, Louisiana. We listen to your show every day on our way to school. We love the nephew and we love all the music y'all play. It's the best part of our morning.
Speaker 9: Oh the baby, that was nice.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you kids and everything I show. Appreciate you out. But my name mister Harvey. Your little lace is too young to be calling me Steve. I ain't got no nine year old buddy. It's mister Harvey. We appreciate your show.
Speaker 5: Hey, get your young ass and then learn something.
Speaker 13: Really appreciate your loving Next, it is Eric from Chicago who left.
Speaker 5: A message show.
Speaker 22: This is Eric from Chicago calling in to say, thank you guys, but what do you do every day on the radio. Just wanted to let you guys know that you guys are true inspiration. Now listen to you every morning and uh I took in all of the knowledge and all of the infos that you guys put out call of Shryl Junior Joy and just steve yourself. Thank you guys for everything that you do. I just want to let you guys know, I tell my sons about you. Have been listening to see you every day on the radio.
Speaker 15: They give me.
Speaker 22: Feedback as well, and just want to see you guys out your inspiration. And I thank you guys, and I appreciate what you guys do every morning. Thank you guys, very from Chicago.
Speaker 11: That nice.
Speaker 5: I want to thank you very much.
Speaker 6: And I want to thank you on behalf of the women on this show for your voice, because all of a sudden, I can see that two of them have developing hot flashes.
Speaker 5: So thanks very much.
Speaker 8: Eric. You try.
Speaker 5: All the women try that smile.
Speaker 9: From uh.
Speaker 10: You know, I want to think calling Shirley and you know all y'all for the morning, and it's.
Speaker 9: Something like you kids, crisis boy, crisis boys.
Speaker 5: When I called him at the hospital.
Speaker 4: Sound at the house. What I sound like, Hey, Junior, how you're doing.
Speaker 9: Junior?
Speaker 5: How you holding? It was like slip blocking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a little bit, Holly. I'm doing good now, I'm doing good now.
Speaker 11: Healthy?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 11: This is from a former inmate from Ohio.
Speaker 8: Steve.
Speaker 19: You want to Steve Man, I'm a big saying of you.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 19: Actually changed my life with your message called jump A couple of years ago. Man, I did time, you know. I got out from prison and got my CDs and home. I was working for a company and I listened to your message and Man, it made me jump out there and I became an owner O burther and I got four trucks now man and small business owner. Man. I just wanted to shut you out.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 19: He praise and thanks man, because I ain't never told nobody, uh really what motivated me? That message motivated me?
Speaker 8: Do bro?
Speaker 19: Man, I just want to thank you man. Hopefully I get to meet you one day and you know, tell you to your face with a ce man. But thanks a lot man. Also you for Ohio like me too, Bro. So that's another big shout out, Bro, buck I all day, every day. I'll take care of me, keep motivating people, keep doing anything.
Speaker 7: Much love.
Speaker 19: We love you, Bro.
Speaker 5: Thanks yeah gi mee.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 5: That right there, that's when it's worth it. Man.
Speaker 6: You just want to be relevant. Man, I'm glad that it mattered to somebody.
Speaker 5: Man. You just want to be et man. You want to know when you lead.
Speaker 6: As well, man, if you put some footprints in the sand, you know.
Speaker 5: And there's the thing.
Speaker 6: I appreciate your dog. I'm glad you didn't it. When we see each other, man, we're gonna hug man. Just come up to me and say, dog is me?
Speaker 8: You know me?
Speaker 5: And we're gonna hug man. And they feel tensel together.
Speaker 2: Tired, you know.
Speaker 6: I like, I like, I like, yeah, I like people on time.
Speaker 5: Face like yeah, make sure we hugging though.
Speaker 14: You're listening.
Speaker 13: Morning show coming up at the top of the hour, right around four minutes after today it's my Strawberry letter and the subject is.
Speaker 11: How does she know your nickname? We'll get into that find.
Speaker 13: Out what that's all about in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 11: What you got now?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 12: Anybody on this show, anybody had to deal with foreclosure?
Speaker 9: Foreclosure? Anybody on him been it was some foreclose? Hmmm. Look on the one raising his hand.
Speaker 5: How you ain't been to anybody?
Speaker 9: Can't to no no call. You've been through fore closer too.
Speaker 14: But I was little my mama.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, all right. Don't y'all sound so down about like a yeah, okay, we.
Speaker 6: Got on for close repole. I h Chapter thirteen, Homeless Eviction. What the count's been frozen? But I what but you're's gonna be something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, boy, I don't you know how me talking out open the door. Just moved in there.
Speaker 6: You know, when I was when I was homeless, I was driving down the street one time and I was parked a car take a nap on the side street. I saw a couple move out their house. As soon as they moved out, I food right on in there. That moving truck packed up, they swept up and everything. I was right on in there like I hadn't left at all.
Speaker 9: They ain't never got a.
Speaker 11: Week a squatter.
Speaker 12: Yeah wow, all right then, well the title of this one is your house.
Speaker 9: Is my house. Your house in my house is in process. Let's go cat dog, Your house is my house.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach Russell.
Speaker 9: Hi Russell. I'm Isaiah.
Speaker 12: I'm a relative real estate and I'm trying to do some schematics. I'm thinking I'm calling the right house. I'm not quite sure, are you.
Speaker 9: That's Dixie Road, Yeah, that's me a reference to how many square feet is your house? If you don't mind me asking, Uh.
Speaker 15: It's about thirty five hundred square feet.
Speaker 5: Oh no, this is the right house or not?
Speaker 12: Is this You have a deck out in the back of all weather type of deck out in the back?
Speaker 15: Yeah? I do, Well, what do you? What do you?
Speaker 7: What do you?
Speaker 15: What's this about?
Speaker 9: Okay, if you don't mind me, how long have you lived there?
Speaker 15: My man, I've already asked you twice, and you're asking me for like per information on my crib just a reference to Okay.
Speaker 12: Well, like I said, I'm a realator and I'm trying to get ahead of some things that's going on. And you're well, it's been brought to my attention that your house is going to be is going into foreclosure and it's going to be on the on the market in the next two to three weeks. So I wanted to make sure I was getting the right house, and I wanted to make sure and.
Speaker 15: You've got the wrong house.
Speaker 22: My house is not going to foreclosure.
Speaker 15: I'm up to date, I'm good. So wet the wrong house?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 12: Hang on, So what's Dixie Road? And like you said, thirty five hundred square feet. This is a two car garage, right, I don't know.
Speaker 15: I don't know what information you're getting. But when it comes to my name in my crib and what's going on with my bills and all that, I'm up to date and I'm fine. So you got the wrong information, you got the wrong the wrong person, the wrong information on the right house, whatever it is. But this is not My house is definitely not going in the foreclosure. I'm on the top of my bills like it's my woman, you get me. So I So, my whole thing is is I don't even know why you're calling. My house is definitely not for sale. It's now now on going to foreclosure. I'm not behind on my bills.
Speaker 12: Well, sir, I'm telling you what my books say, and this is our I'm looking at legitimate legal paper money.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: What I'm trying to tell you is this, And I don't care about your books. Read what I'm read, Read what I'm writing to you. I'm up to date on my mortgage. You're just the realtor. So my whole thing is, you're not nobody's telling my house my house.
Speaker 12: Is now Okay, hold no, let's let's back up. Let's go back to just a real You're not gonna talk to me like that. Now, I'm a realtor and I'm a person. That's that's that's on top of my game. Your house is going in the foreclosure. Now you can be in denial if you want to be. But I'm just trying to get on top of everything and get you know, try to sell the house as soon as it hits the market.
Speaker 9: So I know what I'm not going You don't know.
Speaker 15: Man, Look it's not going to the foreclosure do so.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 12: So if I'm looking at paperwork here, why am I looking at paperwork that has your address on it?
Speaker 7: Sir?
Speaker 15: That sounds like a personal problem, and I would see you now on top of your.
Speaker 12: P Well, you know, the personal problem is gonna be yours when they when they come put you out your house.
Speaker 9: This has foreclosure, that's your address.
Speaker 15: Yo. Look, I'm trying to tell you, man, don't knock on my door, don't call my don't call.
Speaker 7: None of that.
Speaker 15: Nobody's coming to my house knocking on the door, trying to put me on my house. And on top of that, a foreclosing it takes a long time.
Speaker 12: Well that's what I mean. This is this is this is this has been in there a long time. It's coming up in the next couple of weeks. That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 15: What paperwork do you have?
Speaker 9: I am looking.
Speaker 7: What do you do?
Speaker 15: You even know what bankd Is it selling the house or trying to put me in foreclosure?
Speaker 9: Are you with do you? Are you with First Fidelity?
Speaker 15: That's not your concern.
Speaker 12: Okay, well you just asked me, sir, You just asked me that's what's on this paperwork in the foreclosure.
Speaker 15: You got the wrong paperwork when you have the wrong hand dress to task to somebody else's.
Speaker 12: Okay, this is your address. It is the right square footage, It is the right hand sir.
Speaker 15: Entertaining right now, man, I'm telling you I'm not going in the foreclosure.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what.
Speaker 12: You're getting angry with me, But really, if you have paid your bills, you wouldn't be in this situation.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean.
Speaker 12: I'm paying my bills, but you're not paying yours because you're on your way in the foreclosure. And now you're getting upset with me. But I'm just a realtor calling trying trying to catch.
Speaker 15: Its funny to me this is funny d candle in my business barbecue right now, Dude, I'm not this general let's general fear of me going into foreclosure.
Speaker 12: The attitude is not necessary. Matter of fact, this is probably this bull. This is probably your last barbecue on the deck, So enjoy that.
Speaker 15: Look you come over here and you call me again, you'll be on the pH. Bro, You got me.
Speaker 9: All I'm telling you is this right here?
Speaker 22: Bro?
Speaker 12: They come in to close your house out in two weeks. All I wanted was the schematics on your house. That's all I wanted.
Speaker 15: Well, obviously you have all information you need. You already know more about what's going on with my personal affairs than I do. But I'm gonna tell you it's gonna be a problem. And somebody knocks in my door.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well I need to come up and take a look.
Speaker 15: At my house. I need to get foreclosed on that that that's not how it works, all right.
Speaker 9: I need to come over and take some pictures of the house.
Speaker 7: So is that gonna be Get off to the internet.
Speaker 15: Get off the internet.
Speaker 12: But I need to come in. I need to come inside, sir and see the condition of the house.
Speaker 15: You me right, I'm not going in the foreclosure. I'm up to date with all my You're not coming to my house. You're not getting inside the house. You don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 12: Well, I'll tell you what your your coworker, Mickayla, she thinks, she seems to think different, Michayla.
Speaker 9: Don't you work with Michayla?
Speaker 15: Uh yeah, what's MICHAELA got to do with this?
Speaker 12: Michayla got me to call you baby. This nephew told me from the Steve Morby Morning Show, Russell, you been prank baby?
Speaker 8: You bet?
Speaker 7: Baby? Oh my god, oh my, oh my god.
Speaker 15: Oh that's crazy. I'm like, man, I got up.
Speaker 7: To date, man coming out.
Speaker 15: I'm up to date.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 12: You up to date, baby, even through the pandemic, You're still up to date.
Speaker 15: I'm up to mother date. Man.
Speaker 9: It's twenty twenty. Man, tell me this.
Speaker 12: What's the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land Morning show?
Speaker 7: Baby?
Speaker 9: You up to date? Baby? You up to date?
Speaker 15: You got that right to.
Speaker 9: Your house?
Speaker 5: My house?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 12: This weekend, baby, I can't wait headed to Cali. Y'all, let there be lives hosted by yours truly mean nephew Tommy, I am working with keV on stage, Tony Baker, JJ Williamson, my man Lavell Crawford and the legend he is Fred Hammond in the building with a live man and it is left there be laugh This is part of the Netflix is a joke comedy Frincival, Los Angeles, California. They got a whole lot going on in Los Angeles with a lot of comedy. This is one you don't want to miss. And let there be clean comedy in the building. All right, all right, all minds, clem all.
Speaker 13: Right, thank you that you coming up next Strawberry Letters subject how does she know your nickname?
Speaker 11: We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening to Harvey Morning Show. It's time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting and more, please please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. Why because we could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 9: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 9: It is strawberry.
Speaker 13: Letter, subject thank you nephew. How does she know your nickname? Dear Stephen Shirley. I've been married for five years and i had a baby in December, so I'm eager to get these few extra pounds off. Pilates has always been my thing, but my plates instructor moved to another city. My husband loves his class at the gym, so I asked if it's worth me giving it a try. He said, his class is full and there's a waiting list because this instructor is the best. I'm a member at his gym too, so I went by one day and enrolled in any classes I could take. I ended up in a pilates class with a nice older lady, but after one session, I realized I'm too advanced for her class, and she agreed. She suggested I sign up for the other pilates class, so I did. It was just my luck that there was not a waiting list like my husband said there was. I called my husband to tell him how happy I was to be in his class. He didn't seem happy at all, and he said that I can't be distracting him while he's in the class. I'm not gonna lie. I did not like his reaction, but I was still happy. I went to class the next day, but my husband wasn't there. I enjoyed it, and the instructor is a cute, petite Latina with curly red hair. I ran into my husband as I was leaving the gym, and I didn't realize that my pilates instructor was behind me. I told my husband that I love the class, and then the instructor popped out of nowhere and asked if quote Bugs had recommended the class to me. Bugs is my husband's nickname. I responded, yes, he did. She thanked me for coming and said see you later. To Bugs, all he can say is that a lot of people call him Bugs, so it's no big deal. He said, see you later is a universal greeting, and it didn't mean later that day. I don't buy any of that. Is she giving my husband bugs more than Pilate's lessons?
Speaker 15: Hmm?
Speaker 13: Well, you know what I'll say this. You never know because you have no evidence, you have no receipts. It could be yes, they did something, or no, there's just some sort of attraction between them. He was right, see you later is universal, But why say it just to him? You know that was kind of suspect. We all know women see and feel things that men don't, and you're sensing some sort of energy between them, because what is clear is that she was very familiar with your husband, Bugs, and your man was not happy about you joining the class. Why why wasn't he happy about you joining the class? She had no clue you were his wifey, and he certainly didn't say anything or introduce you. Guys, all you're trying to do is get back in shape, and he's not being supportive at all. What's he mad about?
Speaker 11: What's going on?
Speaker 15: Why?
Speaker 11: You know, what is the problem here?
Speaker 13: If you weren't in shape, I'm sure he had, he would have something negative to say about that. So I say to you this, whatever you do, stay in the class so you can keep your eyes on them, and remember you are doing this for you, trying to get.
Speaker 11: Back in shape.
Speaker 13: Meanwhile, Bugs and the little pilate's instructor need to cool it whatever they got going on. If anything, Bugs better stop disrespecting you before you get back.
Speaker 11: Fine, and he winds up on the couch, Okay.
Speaker 5: Steve on the couch.
Speaker 11: Because she's in this class.
Speaker 6: You know, Sureley, I'm just gonna give your answer.
Speaker 15: Na.
Speaker 6: Your answers is always jaded, and it is rediculous that the level you was stooped to to break up relationships you.
Speaker 5: Have done more.
Speaker 9: Take in relate, he ain't did nothing.
Speaker 6: Now I'm gonna break this letter down and I'm gonna show you where he wrong, and I'll show.
Speaker 5: You where she wrong. You've been married for five years.
Speaker 6: You had a baby in December, so you're eager to get the few extra pounds off. That's okay, that's understood. You know what happens when you have a baby. Congratulations. By the way, pilates has always been my thing, but my pilates instructor moved to another city. My husband loves his class at his gym. Now I'm assuming this is pilates. Yeah, so I asked it is it worth me giving a try? He said, this is what he said, his class, fool, and it's a waiting list because his instructor is the best. I'm a member at his gym too, so I went by and enrolled in any class I could take.
Speaker 5: Now, here's the problem with that.
Speaker 6: Your husband should have given you his spot in the class, because what did you do? You gave him a child. You need the pilates class more than him. You've been through more than him. You just had this baby in December. The decent thing your husband would have said, well, hey, baby, you take my spot at the class. Gonna get yourself together. I know how hard that must be, but I would love you. You should have my spotty.
Speaker 5: That's what he.
Speaker 6: Should have did, so you win to enroll in any class that you could take. You ended up in the polates class with a nice old lady. But after one session I realized I'm too advanced for her class, and she agreed. Now this is amazing. So this woman who just had this baby is obviously in shape because she's an advanced pilates That means her leg go all the way back up there by her ear that type thing right there, that class out you've been finding out about yourself at something in PILATEI it was just my luck that that was She suggested I sign up for the other pilates class. Now the other one. Guess what you did it? And when I know, I'm going to tell you that your husband was in that damn class.
Speaker 13: Ah, we'll have Part two of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letters subject how does she know your nickname? We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 14: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 13: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is how does she know your nickname?
Speaker 6: H Well, this lady Mary five years just had a baby and she wanted to go get the extra pounds off. She wanted to go take a polates class, but her polate's instructor had moved out of town. So she has a gym membership at the same gym her husband had, and so she asked him about his polates class. He said, his class full, and it's a waiting list because his instructor is the best.
Speaker 5: I said.
Speaker 6: What he should have did was say, hey, baby, you're trying to get in shape. Let me give you my space. Gone down there and get yourself together. Because you thene gave me a baby, you dine, gave us a family. You did what I can't ever do, So let me do something for you. That would have been the gentleman thing to do. But now he told her the class was full. So she went down there to the gym to sign up for any class, and they ended up taking a Politi class with a nice old lady. After the first session, she discovered she was too advanced for the class, and the lady agreed. She suggested she sign up for the other class. And guess what it wasn't no waiting list for it. But guess what, it's the Politi class your husband was in. And it was just my luck that that was not a waiting list like my husband said.
Speaker 12: It was.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 6: Though I called my husband tell him how happy I was to be in his class, he didn't seem happy at all.
Speaker 5: Dun dun dunt du.
Speaker 6: Dun, dun dunt dun, he said, I can't be distracting him while he's in class.
Speaker 9: Boy, boy, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: I ain't like his reaction, but I was still happy. So I went to the class the next day, but my husband wasn't there. Oh oh, how convenient. I don't know what kind of relationship y'all got. Y'all don't ever know where each other at, and my husband wasn't there.
Speaker 5: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: And the destructor is a cute petite Latini excuse me. The instructor is a cute, petite Latina with curly red hair. I ran into my husband as I was leaving the gym, and I ain't even realized my plate's instructor was behind me. I told my husband I loved the class, and the instructor popped out of nowhere and asked if Bugs had recommended the class to me? Bugs is my husband's nickname. I responded, yes, he did. She thanked me for coming and said see you later. She says see you later to Bugs, all he can say is that's lots of people call him Bugs, so it's no big deal. He says, see you later is a universal greedy and it didn't mean later that day.
Speaker 5: Good answer, Bugs.
Speaker 11: You proud of him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Bug dog, go on it. That's fa thinking. I didn't buy any of that. If she giveing my husband Bugs more than pilates lessons, your question should be, is bugs.
Speaker 5: Taking more than pilates?
Speaker 6: Is Bugs doing his pilates without the machine?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 9: How far back do the bugs leg go?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 6: Bugs acting as a reformer himself for the little petit, red, curly head leftina. These are the questions you should ask. But that ain't the one you asked, So therefore I'm a side with Bugs. See you later means just see you later at the class. Now did it sound like something else?
Speaker 5: Yes? It did you know it?
Speaker 6: But just cause she knew that nickname bugs, don't make him guilty. Now if his nickname was no Tip, now we got problems. How would she know your nickname no Tip? See if your nickname is no tip? Black people give nicknames cause of a discovery, how would she know to call you no tip? Dimple? But dimple?
Speaker 5: But is another nickname that you would have to.
Speaker 7: Have.
Speaker 6: You know, something had had hair happened. You know, you know your nickname d T. You know what I'm saying DT. That's that's something right here. You know fat and canterbody, deep throat, came abody call you that and and and and without something going on here? These are nicknames that you have to be explaining. You know, mm hm, tasty your nickname tasty? See now, bug ain't no real dead giveaway. Bugs is short for june bug. All of us know a june bug. It's a very common name in the right.
Speaker 13: Steve was, yes, why didn't he Why didn't he introduce his wife to the instructor when she came out.
Speaker 11: Why didn't he just because my wife?
Speaker 5: The instructor was behind the wife. He didn't see her. She petit the white big just had the baby.
Speaker 13: But she came out. He did hear her, and she did talk to the wife.
Speaker 6: No, she popped up from behind the wife. I know she ran to her husband on the way out to gym. The instructor was behind her. The lady didn't know the instructor was behind her and said, I enjoyed the class.
Speaker 11: And she said, oh, did bugs tell you about it? Did he recommend it?
Speaker 6: That's she popped up from behind because she remember she was behind me.
Speaker 11: Saying that we know that Mike.
Speaker 6: Behind her because she was small and petit. We read, hell, that's what I happen.
Speaker 11: That is not what happened.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 13: Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter that Steve Instagram and Facebook. Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Free never sounded so good.
Speaker 25: You can tell a lot of instructor fund No Boy coming up in forty six minutes.
Speaker 11: We got sports talk with Junior right after this.
Speaker 14: You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 11: It is time now for Junior and sports talk.
Speaker 10: What you got, Junior, Well, the Miami Heat eliminated from the Celtics one eighteen to eighty four.
Speaker 5: That's fans was talking about. We won't.
Speaker 1: What it got him, dumb.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: It was the White and Brown Show last night.
Speaker 10: Dereck White dropped twenty five, Jayli Brown dropped another twenty five. Jason Tatum finished with six. Team and you know, Miami ain't got to really go for They ain't got to go on vacation. They just go back home. They just go right back on home and just going out to the beach, get the swim trunks and gone out there.
Speaker 9: They got a good beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got a nice beach, Your South beach.
Speaker 9: You're right there.
Speaker 10: So they are officially gone. The Mavericks Man beat the Clippers by thirty man one twenty three to ninety three. I don't know Luca, man, it looked like Luca moving slow motion, un but he dropped thirty five, ten assists, double double.
Speaker 1: But this game is so different. It's like it moving slow motion.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 9: But the boy just cold.
Speaker 6: It's efficiency, Junior. Yeah, yeah, looks like he was fast.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, not at all. But all these Kyrie dropped fourteen. Man, the MAVs move on take a three to two leads over the Clippers, and you know, hey, we'll just see what happened.
Speaker 1: It's the sad part about it.
Speaker 10: It's just that James Harden Paul George, this is just his playoff hard seven points two for twelve. Did that for the Rockets seven points two for twelve. Paul George had fifteen. Uh it was he was on four thirteen shooting. So no, Kawhi Leonard again. So we just don't know what's gonna happen with the with with the with the Cliffers. Man, they may be going home, mank I just had to say they may be going home.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, you know, once again, what does that have to do?
Speaker 10: We meet nothing nothing?
Speaker 5: No, it ain't got nothing.
Speaker 6: Hey, I told y'all, Oh no, they're not doing me like this no more. What I ain't got time?
Speaker 10: Well I got you man. Well tonight, man, we got the Bucks and Pacers. The Pacers lead of the Bucks three to two, and then we got the Knicks and the seventy six is tonight and the Knicks lead three to two in that series. So the nation game. But it is a good series, so we just got to see what happens. But I got I got you.
Speaker 1: It's not important.
Speaker 10: You don't want to get your hopes off for nobody, not even one team, not no nobody, not.
Speaker 1: A clip, the Cavaliers, Clippers.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: Yes, whatever, win.
Speaker 11: Or lose, you get in your Phantom and drive to your man.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's them, that's sir, that's my attitude Phantom.
Speaker 13: All right, junior, thank you. Coming up at the top of the hour, a man on social media. Steve needs some advice. He says, I refuse to answer a no when question. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 14: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: All right, so Steve Cedric on Steve Harvey f M. Wrights.
Speaker 13: As any man can attest, there are some questions you just don't answer. I was just hit with one of those, and now I'm in the doghouse. Were refusing to even take part in the conversation. Last night at dinner, my wife asked, if there was a house fire and you could only rescue one of us, who would you choose as a point of reference. In our house, there's there's me, my wife, our two daughters, and a dog. My response was simply that there's no way to possibly answer that question because I don't know where I would be in the house, what was blocking the exit, and where everyone else in the house was located. I think it's a trap question to which there's no right answer. So I bowed out of the conversation completely. Now she's not talking to me. How can I end this silent treatment?
Speaker 6: All you got to do is say, look, I don't want you to think I'm a bad father, but I definitely would have to come get you.
Speaker 5: Think whether you mean.
Speaker 13: It or not, whether you mean it or not, why say it if you don't mean it?
Speaker 12: So I'm going to get these third degree burns all the way across over there to go get hood and damn nidda.
Speaker 6: Well, you know you gotta sometimes talking to your wife. You don't have to you don't have to tell the truth. Sometimes you have to tell them what they want to hear. See that's what it is. I'm like, okay, I like that.
Speaker 5: You know why not?
Speaker 6: Now, well we can go process with the nature. I can tell you right now, the dog ain't on me. He need to do something. He need to get the dog. And whatever dogs do to say, they damn like that's what he needs to get to do. But now them kids and that wife, and I would just tell my wife, I'll come get you, mabe.
Speaker 9: So you would get the wife perds over the kids. That's the question.
Speaker 5: Well, you know that's what she's you know, that's what I would tell.
Speaker 1: Her if she asked, okay, And.
Speaker 6: Then you can get mad at me for not going to kids. But then I tell you, but I love you.
Speaker 5: I love you more.
Speaker 11: You know what I have said that then what he said it.
Speaker 13: I wasn't mad at what he said because a lot of that is true.
Speaker 11: You know what he said about depending.
Speaker 8: On where he was.
Speaker 6: Don't you know what Charloa, I've noticed about you that.
Speaker 5: Seemed to be happy with my answers.
Speaker 11: No, I'm thrilled with your answer. I'm thrilled with it.
Speaker 13: I mean, we're on the same page, but I'm just saying, don't we have a little more time?
Speaker 9: But we don't see thrill, We don't see three of them.
Speaker 14: You're not in this.
Speaker 13: You just I am thrilled with your answer because I think it's right he should get the wife first. Say that though, well I think I did. I think I did say that you should get the wife first. But I wasn't mad at his answer either. Had he said the wife first, that's all. That's what I said.
Speaker 5: But he didn't say anything, and you upset with.
Speaker 11: It because he No, I'm not upset with him, he said.
Speaker 13: My response was simply that there's no way to possibly answer that question because he doesn't know where.
Speaker 11: He'd be in the house. What was blocking the exit where everyone else in the house was.
Speaker 6: Long Man answered, though, always tell your wife what you think you wanted to.
Speaker 5: I agree with you that, whether you mean it or not.
Speaker 11: See, that's the part that's the problem, whether you need.
Speaker 8: It or not.
Speaker 6: Well it would be. Here's you want to know what to answer for me? You know, I want to answer to me. You want to hear answer which one? Why is you talking about? That's all I need.
Speaker 18: To say that you're currently married to I'm going to get home.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 11: I didn't like your answer. You're right, I'm going.
Speaker 5: To get home.
Speaker 6: Previously i'd got them kids and that damn though.
Speaker 11: All right, we have time for another one.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 11: This is Craig on Facebook. He says, my all right, so you just tell your wife whatever she wants to hear. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 5: What you want to hear. That's all you got to do. We all do.
Speaker 11: What if she wants to hear the truth?
Speaker 5: What does she wants for all the time? I hate tom heard, damn the truth.
Speaker 11: That's what she wants to hear.
Speaker 5: Tell her that, No, I'll tell her truth.
Speaker 13: More of today's Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after right after this.
Speaker 14: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 13: All right, Tommy, you remember the other day when you said you wanted to go on an African safari?
Speaker 11: You remember that?
Speaker 13: Well, have you guys seen the viral video of the lion and lioness They were having sex on top of the South African Safari.
Speaker 11: You saw it's Steve.
Speaker 13: The tourists inside the truck were stunned to watch them. The male lion is seen on top of the female lion and safari truck started shaking from side to side. Right then the lion let out a couple of brawls. Yes, my favorite part, and then the session.
Speaker 11: It didn't last long because the lioness got tired and the King of the Jungle just stopped.
Speaker 9: That's how we stopped.
Speaker 11: What she was bored though, didn't she.
Speaker 12: The people in the truck. There's nothing you can do. You got to watch them. You can't get out and say y'all need to get a room.
Speaker 9: You can't get out of there.
Speaker 1: Nothing, I say nothing.
Speaker 11: So how you feel about that African Safari?
Speaker 12: Now I need to go with as completely. I'm scared. I'm scared.
Speaker 11: See if you've been have you ever seen anything like that?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, certain ones you can go on. They have different levels of surfar i.
Speaker 6: Which is the only suggestion that you go on one of those savars that provided with five star service on the safari as well as back at your that's my suggestion.
Speaker 9: It's the rich, how much you call and all.
Speaker 13: That you have to Kentucky, Jersey and the man I don't know how to tell you. Coming up in thirty three minutes after we'll play around of which you rather?
Speaker 11: Right after this, you're.
Speaker 13: Listening morning show and it's time out for a round of would you rather? Would you rather live a long life in poverty or very short life?
Speaker 12: But Rich long, Poe ass Man short, Rich, Now.
Speaker 5: I have the perfect answer.
Speaker 11: What's the perfect answer?
Speaker 6: I already know that I've lived longer than i've got.
Speaker 5: So you can hand me this show rich had life and go on, let me ride out.
Speaker 11: If we start from today.
Speaker 6: I'm sixty seven, I've already been here longer than I got left I got I got.
Speaker 5: Forty maybe thirty eight years. That's short compared to the time I've been with Yeah. Sure, yeah, So I take this show which life.
Speaker 11: Going about your business?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you probably got a little bit longer to go than you've lived. So the choice is yours.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm gonna take b short life and rich.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, m.
Speaker 5: Junior, listen to me. Man, you you need.
Speaker 1: To try this healthy thing and just be poping good.
Speaker 6: You're gonna get to live long, and if you live long, you're healthy. Okay, Okay, you need to quit listening to me sometimes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, mentor what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: But I'm twenty two years older than him? To vote for yourself?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 13: You're you're in a gladiator ring. Okay, So would you rather fight a lion or would you rather fight a rhino?
Speaker 9: R They bothous?
Speaker 11: Yea the slowest, I would say the rhino.
Speaker 7: I don't know that.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 5: Lion rhino would do two things to you, trample you with his hord.
Speaker 25: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, the lion would kill you for real, Ianna.
Speaker 9: Be run around throwing plants at the right.
Speaker 13: All right, Would you rather have a headache every day for the rest of your life?
Speaker 11: Or would you rather have a cough every day for the rest of your life?
Speaker 1: Give me a headache?
Speaker 5: Headache?
Speaker 11: Yeah, for the rest of you.
Speaker 14: You right to have a cough.
Speaker 15: To get rid of the car?
Speaker 11: How many talk chops? At least that's today's Would you rather? We have me forty nine minutes after.
Speaker 13: The hour, our last break of the day, and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 14: You're listening Morning show?
Speaker 11: All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day on this Thursday.
Speaker 12: And Steve.
Speaker 13: Before we get out of here, someone else needs some advice. This is Craig from Facebook. Craig says, my girlfriend of about six months works at a car dealership.
Speaker 11: He needs your help.
Speaker 13: He says, she works at a car dealership where her former boyfriend is her manager. It bothers me that she's with her day. I do pretty well, and we've talked about her moving in with me. She only works part time and doesn't make much money, and I could support her until she finds something else. Would it be out of line for me to ask her to quit her job?
Speaker 14: Or is it over between us?
Speaker 11: Or it's over between us?
Speaker 6: So in other words, the months is too early for I think six months, dog be honest, which is too early to try to make this decision either way, I just think it's rather soon.
Speaker 5: What you jump in the gun for? What's the rush?
Speaker 6: I don't understand why people put themselves under such pressure, you know, and all it's here?
Speaker 7: And then.
Speaker 6: Do you want to move in with a person that you're not committed to? Or will you want to move in with a person that you don't know if they're committed to you see? And a lot of times what you try to do is I'm going to offer her to move in me so I can get her away from him.
Speaker 5: That ain't no.
Speaker 6: Reason to live with nobody, though, because that's gonna wear off so fast as fast, so I would reconsider this whole thing. Why don't you just date it for a while so you can become a little bit more sure. Don't be insecure about something and may make a decision based on your insecurity. That doesn't make any sense because now you ch you putting good money after bad. You're chasing something that you might not need to chase. That's my suggestion to you.
Speaker 5: Just slow down.
Speaker 6: Man's just six months. Damn yeah, support her six months. But you're talking about taking care of somebody for six months. You know what that's This is supposed to be a lifetime commitment.
Speaker 26: You ain't.
Speaker 6: You ain't knowing her for six months. Now, if that's what you're gonna do, if you're gonna ask her to man, you go ahead. If y'all in love, hm.
Speaker 13: I like the answer, and you would have told a woman the same thing. That's a good answer to you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't. I don't understand this.
Speaker 11: He wants her to quit her job or it's over between them. That's an ultimatum.
Speaker 6: Because he's trying to control too many parts of a situation that he really don't have control over it. You asking her to quit your job so she don't be working under her ex who is her boss. That solves that problem, but you've created another problem. She already part time. Now she finna be at no time. Now she ain't under him no more, but now she under you, and you keep putting this woman in a precarious position where now you think she's beholding to her old boss, and now she's gonna be beholden to you.
Speaker 5: I don't see it.
Speaker 6: Not a good look, which leads me to my closing remarks today. You know, man, I think people have to start doing this. And this is based off this letter that you just read to me, this request off Facebook. I want everybody to start thinking like this because I haven't always thought like that and it's cost me dearly in my life.
Speaker 5: But I want you to know that every single thing, you know, it begins in high school.
Speaker 6: You remember, like, you know, you could get a grade in the fourth grade and it didn't affect the fifth grade.
Speaker 26: You get the clean slate, and then you go to the third grade and you get a clean slate. If you go to the fourth grade. Well, once you get to high school, you know, it starts accumulating. You know, you get a GPA average, you get stuff that starts going towards college credits. That's the beginning of life training for you. And what you end up winding up understanding.
Speaker 6: About life is this is that every decision you make today will affect your tomorrow and you gotta start thinking like that.
Speaker 5: But Sue, too many people live in the now. Too many people want to do what.
Speaker 6: Feels right and good to them today with no thought about the consequences of tomorrow. Now, are you supposed to worry about tomorrow? No, you're not supposed to do that. But you are supposed to prepare in the event that you are here. That's what plans and dreams and visions are for. It's for you planning in the hopes that tomorrow does come. So what we got to start doing, is what I suggest to people more often, is start thinking more about today a little bit more carefully, because it ain't just today, because tomorrow may very well come. Everything you do today will affe affect your tomorrow. Well, I man, I'm just gonna call the in to day. I ain't going down there to day. I don't feel like it, man, I'm gone and chill today. Ah, you having a nice, chill day. Everything go good?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Guess what next Friday when your check come out and that cooled out, chill out day you took has caused you to lose a day's pay. Now, here's some consequences for that chilled out day.
Speaker 5: You not short.
Speaker 6: And now that relaxing moment you took that other day has now created a problem for you because now you tightened up. Because after you pay your rent in your car note, you ain't got no money to live on. You see what I'm saying. Start putting more thought into your decisions that you make today, because your today's decision will we'll have a profound effect on your tomorrow's outcome. And that's for everybody. Stop living just for today, because tomorrow may very well come. Those are my closing remarks. Think about that, ladies and gentlemen. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Feel good how you want it.
Speaker 13: For all Steve Harvey contests, No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show