Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. I'm Ryan Warmley, joined as always by Pat Fitzmorris and Scott Bogman. We haven't actually had a show with the three of us in a while since well before the NFL Draft, because we had some fun guests on, so I hope everybody enjoyed that. We are now post to the draft, so this is one of the most fun weeks of the entire year. If you are a dynasty manager. It's rookie draft season. We've been ranking these guys for a while. We've been doing mock drafts on these guys for a while. We're gonna do some more of that discussion later today, but we have actual landing spots. Finally, it is no longer just theoretical where these guys might go. And it's just a really fun, exciting, hyped up time. So I'm really glad to be talking to you guys. Quick note for everybody. All of our early twenty twenty four consensus rankings and tiers that could be found at Fantasypros dot com slash rankings. From there, you can navigate easily to our staff dynasty rankings on the site. As well, and of course you can search by rookies, you can look for super Flex whatever rankings you're trying to find for your specific league, we've got him on there. Also, you can do drafts on the Mock Draft simulator as well if you're trying to prep for your rookie leagues. Speaking of rookie drafts, I'm in one with Fits. I know you guys have been in a bunch that have started already this week. I'm curious to get your opinion of how it's gone.
Speaker 2: Fits.
Speaker 1: You know that I am beaming because of how it has gone for me in our work league with you, Me, Deebro, and a bunch of the other folks here at Fantasy Pros. You and I just let everybody know, through some clever trading, had seven of the first round picks in this year's draft. So the draft really ran through this this podcast. What do you think about how it's going so far?
Speaker 3: Fits, Yeah, it really did. I mean I got Deebro's first round pick in our startup draft for twenty twenty four and it turned out to be the number one overall pick in the draft. So Caleb Williams, the Carolina Panthers of this league. Here it sounds like yeah, no kidding, So I was. I was covered on all in all parts of the first round. I picked one on one, one oh six and one twelve and the take so far as Caleb Williams, Romo Dunes and Kean Coleman. And a quick word about Debro. I've got to get him into a twelve step program or get him some sort of mock draft method owner or something, because he is addicted to making rookie picks. And when I look at his teams, when he makes me offers, like I look at his future picks and he's got like half empty cupboards because he is like constantly mortgaging his future. I feel like a predatory lender looking at his future picks. But last night, like he's trying to get the three to oh two in this draft that I'm also in with Bogman, and I eventually wound up giving the three to oh two to Bogman because Deebro and I couldn't agree on anything, you know, I traded down six spots with Bogman. He gave me a third rounder next year. I thought it was a pretty fair deal. It worked out he only had one wide receiver on the board. He liked remaining Javon Baker. I moved down and got Kamani Videll, who I probably would have taken any way at three OHO two worked out well, but Debro wouldn't even let me move down in the round, like he just wanted the pick, and like I'm I'm you know, he's got only his first and like fourth rounder next year, so that wasn't in the cards. But like we're haggling and haggling, and I met my daughter's lacrosse game and I missed one of her goals and she uh wow, and she does not play an attack position normally, so this is like her second goal of the season. And you know, my wife was not kind enough to like alert me that our daughter was like rushing a headlong toward the goal.
Speaker 4: But like fits is, like, don't even worry about a babe. I got Marshaun Lloyd. Now it's fine. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, like wasting my time haggling with Debro and miss my daughter's calls, I'm just gonna go ahead and blame Debro for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sure, that's it's Debro's fault. You had your nose in your phone. Yeah, the Uh, he is wearing out. I tell you what. That mailbox emoji that he's been putting in, he is wearing that thing out. It's got to be at the very tippy top of his offers. I made a couple offers to him. We couldn't agree either, but yeah, you're right, it is. It is Debro season. He is trade a lot right now.
Speaker 1: It's kind of crazy, well you know what, and I kind of I kind of respect it and I get it because across my Dynasty leagues, I do like having at least one where I'm kind of in rebuilding lots of picks mode because it is just fun, especially like this time of year when you can really pay attention to the rookies, and like the whole last like two or three months, as we've done every episode, I've been thinking, oh cool, maybe this will impact who I take at the one oh four or the one oh seven, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: So it is really fun to have at least one league where you're kind of in that position. It seems like Debro's in that in a lot of leagues, and he's a very smart, you know, rookie evaluator, so I get why he would see that as an area where he can kind of like make his hay. But it's uh, it is fun to look and see what he's already given up and is still trying to give up more to uh to continue to move up and try and take advantage of that as best we can.
Speaker 2: I believe you know.
Speaker 1: I fits you got the uh the one on one this year, which was Caleble Lilliams. Last year, I got the one oh four from Debro after trading for it early turned out to be CJ. Stroud, so he could have had Caleb and Stroud instead he has, you know whoever, this.
Speaker 4: Guy's a killing deep breaths.
Speaker 1: We're talking at some rookie rankings today, so these guys will we'll come up here throughout the show and maybe we'll hit on, you know, as we hit some of these guys where we've actually been taking them in drafts to give you a sense of their value. We're going to go through positionally though, and then maybe some talk about overall where they might slide it slot in against each other. We're gonna start with the quarterbacks, and I want to start with the obvious top four. What we have in our consensus ranking is this is based on ECR, you know, on the website, which again you can find at fantasypros dot com. Slash rankings number one, Caleb Williams, number two, Jayden Daniels, number three, JJ McCarthy number four, Drake May. Those first two probably chalky across most rookie drafts that you're in. Those next two, I think is where you're going to really see the debate between McCarthy and May talent versus, you know, in experience versus inexperience with great landing spot so fits. What was your initial take of just seeing that this is what the consensus is saying. Caleb Daniels, McCarthy May.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think it's that the landing spots sorted out the McCarthy May thing, and I think probably there were a lot of people like me who had May ahead of McCarthy pre draft, but the landing spot differential between those two guys is just so stark. With McCarthy going to the situation with Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, eventually TJ. Hockinson, and Drake May goes to a place that has a terrible collection of pass catchers. They did try to address that in the draft a little bit this year, and I think PFF grated the Patriots thirty first in pass blocking last year, if I'm not mistaken. So it's just a bad offensive ecosystem right now, and I know it's not going to be that way forever more. But you know, in the first couple of years, clearly McCarthy is a much better landing spot. And even though I like May more as a prospect, and I think in terms of real life football, I like me as a prospect even more than Jade Daniels, but I had to drop him a fourth based on where we landed fits.
Speaker 1: I've made this comparison before. But again, I'm not saying that I like Drake May as much as I liked CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud a year ago.
Speaker 1: I was very in on Strout a year ago, and I got him in a lot of rookie drafts because I said, I don't care that the landing spot looks bad, which Houston did a year ago, because I love the talent so much.
Speaker 2: To a lesser degree, That's how I feel with May. Again not saying.
Speaker 1: He's on the level of Straut as a prospect, but what do you think about that? Are you nervous that maybe we're passing up on the better quarterback prospect just because of landing spot when that can change quickly.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am, especially when I hear that the Vikings offered pick number eleven, pick number twenty three, and their twenty twenty five first rounder to go up to number three and get May from the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seemed like the end the Giants tried to move up to. It seemed like the NFL is telling us that May was the better prospect. But again, that landing spot is so sublime, Bogin, I want to get your opinion. You know, when you look at Caleb Daniels McCarthy May, do you see that as two separate tiers? I mean, obviously Caleb has been the clear number one guy for a while. Do you see it as one and two are kind of closer to each other than three and four? Or are they all kind of These are all guys that are going to go in the top eight picks of your super flex rookie drafts.
Speaker 4: I mean they all are, But I do if I'm tearing out, I would put May just third, you know, because here's the thing to me, is Caleb Williams Jayden and Daniels JJ McCarthy all have a chance to be the number one quarterback pretty quick. I do think Drake may could, but there would have to be a big swing in the offense obviously, like the Texans that you mentioned, and that is not a guarantee at all. So what we're getting from Caleb Williams is a guy that's as close to Patrick Mahomes as they come out of college.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Who knows if he is going to be that guy. It seems like he's either going to boom or bust pretty quick, but he is the safest of all these guys. Then we have a guy like Jane Daniels. The rushing upside he does, you know, have the crazy RG three comparison. Like we said, he runs like a crash test dummy out there, so he needs to fix that if he's gonna last. But with that rushing upside, he has a shot to be the number one. McCarthy is the same thing. Six hundred and thirty one pass attempts was fourth in the NFL last season, and that was with four different starting qbs out of this offense. So yes, they're probably going to run a little bit more with a rookie, but it is still a pass heavy offense. With his legs in his rushing upside and the talent around him, he has a shot to be a number one QB. I just don't think Drake May has that shot within the next two or three seasons. So for me, he is I have him in a tier by himself, but is below the other three.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you.
Speaker 1: More about Daniels Bogman, because we talked about this a bit on the main fantasy for his feed with myself fits at Ericson earlier this week about kind of the Daniels versus Marvin Harrison junior comparison in Super X drafts. To me, I'm I'm taking Harrison like almost without hesitation. Both Fitz and Ericson were on the Daniels side, or at least fitzit said he had drafted that way recently. I don't know if you sort of feel strongly about that, Pat, but you know, you know, for me, like Jane Gels is really interesting. Like in I am single, so I'm on the dating apps a lot. There's a lot of talk on there about like green flags versus red flags, and I bring that up to say, Jane Daniels has a lot of my favorite green flags in fantasy rookie quarterback prospects. He's going to an offense with a couple of good pass catchers, including Terry McLure and who I.
Speaker 2: Think is really really good. He runs a ton.
Speaker 1: He's one of the only quarterbacks in fantasy is the upside to run for like a thousand yards that is so special and so important in fantasy. Those are green flags. He also has red flags. He doesn't protect himself. I hate running quarterbacks who do not protect himself. Like you said, crash test dummy. I'm so worried at his frame and with his running style and behind that offensive line which is not good, that it is not going to go well. So when you look Daniels, Bogman a you know him versus Harrison, where do you come down in a super flex draft, ignoring if you have a particular need at one position or the other, just who would you prefer in a vacuum and b lo, where do you come down on Daniels? Kind of in the overall dynasty quarterback rankings, because again I think there's a really strong case for and a really strong case against.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so just the initial thing Harrison, you know, Harrison versus Jade Daniels. It's Harrison for me, and I got to be honest, you know, I do have them close, but it's not particularly close to me. Like I think Marvin Harrison is a guarantee, right, same thing I think, same thing with Malik Neighbors. Malik Neighbors to me is a guarantee. Marvin more so because he's attached to a good quarterback. Daniel Jones is questionable. Obviously, the Giants are trying to move up all that stuff, right, So I do those guys to me are just going to have NFL success. They no prospect as that can't miss, but they're as close to it as comes. Then I have the the other qbs. I have Caleb ahead of those guys in a super flex Harrison and and Neighbors, but I have I have those guys firmly ahead of the QBS in there. And I do think those qbs could be awesome, which is you know, you want to take shots on them. I do have them in the same tier, but there's just not many scenarios where I would take Jade Daniels ahead of one of those wide receivers. Would have to be like, I have three of my top twelve wide receivers already and okay, so now I'll take the quarterback just because that is a position that I have to have, so it'd be very team specific. So and then what was the other question it was about, Yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Overs in general, like as a dynasty asset, not even as compared to the rookies. Just again, there's there's such a case to be made that he could be like a top ten dynasty quarterback if that rushing is legit. Nine I'm just so scared about about health. And also the other thing I didn't mention as that as a red flag. I don't typically like lake career breakouts in college. I mean, he was in college for like five or six seasons and he finally had this big, you know, Heisman campaign. That's another red flag to me. So he's just really interesting because, like a lot of the other guys, I think the cases to be made for them are pretty clear, like you're going to be on one side or the other. With Daniels, I feel so strongly about some of the red flags and so strongly about some of the green flags that I really struggled to rank him well I think he's going to be good until he gets hurt right a lot like RG three, and that is fair. What he really needs to do is immediately start sliding, running out of bounds, not taking those huge shots. He needs to figure that part of his game out real fast if he's going to last. Because, like you said, the situation is amazing. You're in Washington with Cliff Kingsbury. It's a spread offense that allows you room to run. But you know, we saw Kyler Murray play amazing in this system in terms of fantasy, so that's what exactly what we want. It's just you know, a lot of us were burned by RG three and we see a lot of similarities. So it's a tough sell.
Speaker 4: But if you need a quarter back, Jay Naiels is a absolutely great option in this draft.
Speaker 2: Fit's last question.
Speaker 1: Before we move on from this group of quarterbacks where not amongst rookies, but just in Dynasty, are you ranking JJ McCarthy and Drake May among quarterbacks?
Speaker 3: Oh, I think I've got I think I've got both of them in the mid teens. I want to say, ok, you know, just yeah, and I think they're like next to each other. It's it's that close for me, and I always like, I don't take it lightly when I move someone past my You know, in my pre draft rankings, when I do a shuffle based on landing spot, it has to be a pretty stark difference in landing spot to get me to do that. And I think that's the case here. And and by the way, where I do hope you have more green flags on your dating profile than on than red flags. I hope your mind you think so. You're more micaleb Williams to potential to potential mates than a bow Knicks.
Speaker 1: The biggest green flag is having rescued a dog last summer. That that one carries a lot of weight, which is unsurprising.
Speaker 2: Let's look at the rest of the quarterbacks here.
Speaker 1: We're not going through every single quarterback, but I just think the other three names worth mentioning Bo Nicks, Michael Pennox, Junior Spencer Rattler.
Speaker 2: That's five, six and seven.
Speaker 1: Obviously Nix and Penix are like kind of a tier of their own given the draft capital. I do still like Rattler, and I like the like he went to it. He went in the fifth round, so that's not good. But he went to a spot where they don't have a good long term quarterback. So I think there's a case we made for him too. Obviously, those first two guys are going to go much higher in rookie drafts. Again, just give them the draft capital. But bog mean, when you look at those three, is there any degree of excitement for them? Like, are you making the case in a super flex draft of hey, like maybe these guys should be early second round picks just because it's quarterback and there's a path here, or with Pennix being blocked by Cousins and bo Nicks being bo Nicks and having playing on a pretty bad team, it seems like and obviously Ratler falling, you just kind of avoiding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't say in a super flex you can ever really avoid quarterback, right, because they hold so much value. Easy math, Right, if you're in a twelve team league, everybody starts to this twenty four starters, there's barely enough room for every there's not enough room for everybody to have a backup. And you know, like we've said before, there's really twenty eight or twenty nine true and trench starters in the NFL. There's always four to five teams that are playing musical chairs at quarterback in sixty seven quarterbacks started a game last year, right, So I'm not surprised that the Falcons spent a top ten pick to go get a quarterback because you know, we saw what it was like after the life after Matt Ryan in Atlanta has been pretty tough. You had a year Ritter and Heinike and just all these bad options. So yeah, sure, get out of QB purgatory. But for fantasy it sucks. Pennix is a good quarterback and he's going to be stuck behind another good quarterback for a couple of years, so his value does have to be lower. But we saw you know, Jordan Love, so the value is still there. I'm still investing in these guys because their starter level qbs in the NFL, but they do come with a lot of it's not just their red flags in their game, their team context has a lot of red flags. Where we're seeing green flags from the top three at least maybe not Drake May, but the other three are definitely in good spots as well. So it's like these are the lower guys in the landed and worse spots. So the difference is pretty big between them, I feel fits.
Speaker 1: Does the enthusiasm with which Sean Payton is talking about bo Nicks that all kind of make you optimistic about him?
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, maybe not obviously.
Speaker 1: It seems to me like there was a degree of spin zone going on with some of those Adam Schefter tweets after the draft, and how Sean Payton believed as strongly in bo Nicks as he believed in Patrick Mahomes. But he is kind of planting his flag that this is, you know, I don't know if it's a red flag or green flag, but he's planting his flag that Nick is kind of his guy and he's really excited to have him. Does that make you think that at all, like, Hey, is this guy maybe I'm not opposed to having as one of my guys in Super Flex? Or are you still kind of scared off just by the prospect profile.
Speaker 3: I did take him two oh three in that super Flex rookie draft. I'm in with Bogman right now after taking Marvin Harrison one to oh three, so kind of needed a third quarterback and you know, so yes, he's gonna play right away. Boonix does not have a big arm and maybe he can be sort of the dollar store Drew Brees for Sean Payton. And obviously things worked swimmingly with Drew Brees for Sean Payton in New Orleans. Certainly not going to compare bo Nicks to Drew Brees full stop, but you know, like maybe he could be a reasonable fact simile. It helps that like they added Troy Franklin, so bringing a familiar pass catcher to bow Nicks. Like, if there's one head coach who can maybe make it work with bo Nicks, it's it's probably Sean Payton. I did like Michael Penni's more pre draft, but as Bogman said, you know, like the differences here with the guy who probably isn't going to play for a couple of years. And look, no one thinks less of Kirk Cousins than I do. Like I am a big Kirk Cousins hater. I mean I saw something him being talked about as a potential Hall of Famer on Twitter the other day and almost fell out of my chair. So I think it's going to be, you know, probably sooner than the timetable most people have in mind for when Pennix finally gets to the shot, but still it's it's probably not going to be in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: He is a Hall of Fame bag getter.
Speaker 1: I will I will give Kirk Cousins he is that the standard of contracts very quickly, Bogman. Spencer Rattler, where would you take him in a super flex draft?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I have I have Spencer Rattler right now. Let me just look at my rankings for super Flex.
Speaker 2: I have him.
Speaker 4: Geez, I did put him down a little low here. I mean I've met like in the thirties, so round three, you know that that's where I would have him. He's like you said, the landing spot is great because Carr is long in the tooth. This team has had cap issues, so it might be okay once car is gone. This is our cheap quarterback for a couple of years while we revamped this. I mean the can't the cap is fake until it's not right, and that's kind of what the Saints are seeing right now. And I think he's got a good opportunity. I'll throw Michael Pratten there in that same like area with Rattler. I know he was a later pick, but there is just no one behind Jordan Love right now. And Jordan Love, you know, is looking for a new deal. Obviously he's burned up his They picked up his option and everything, but he's burned up his initial contract and he's about to get paid. So I think there's an easy backup spot to win for Pratt. And you know, we don't have a long term signed quarterback in Green Bay. We assume it's going to be Love, but if there's an issue, he's the Stones throw away. He's going to beat out Sean Clifford, I think immediately for that job. So I'll put him right next to Rattler in that group.
Speaker 1: Whether you're starting fresh or getting ready for your rookie draft, dive deep into dynasty prep with our twenty twenty four Dynasty Draftkit at fantasypros dot com slash Dynasty. Get access to our expert rankings, rookie draft advice, mock drafts, and much more. You can also join live expert amas on our discord at Fantasypros dot com slash Chat. Dominate your dynasty league with our Dynasty Draftkit at fantasypros dot com slash Dynasty. Let's move on to the running backs here and we'll do these sort of in chunks because I have twelve names written down. I do just want to start quickly with the top two because that's kind of where the consensus is. As Jonathan Brooks and Trey Benson. They were the first two guys off the board. Obviously, Jonathan Brook's going in the middle of the second round, Trey Benson at the very top of the third round. So the best draft capital that we saw of any of these guys the landing spots. I think there's strong cases to be made that they're pretty good long term.
Speaker 2: At least.
Speaker 1: You know, Trey Benson is behind James Connor for this year, but that's an ascending offense that looks really fun. There's not an obvious guy besides Connor, who was on the last year of his deal and is also long in the tooth. I really liked the idea of Trey Benson in twenty twenty five and beyond, and the Jonathan.
Speaker 2: Brooks, of course, was the first guy off the board.
Speaker 1: He was most people's RB one, the only guy that real like significant draft capitals was spent on and he goes to a landing spot that deebro has talked a lot about on their show being a pretty good landing spot, and you know Miles Sanders was not good last year. There's an opening here. Dave Canalis likes to use his running backs when he has a good one. He might be able to help fix Bryce Young, which makes the offense better. So Brooks has become the consensus RB one and Benson is a consensus RB two.
Speaker 2: Does that sound right to you?
Speaker 4: Bogman? Absolutely, Yeah, that's how I have it one and two. Brooks and Benson for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I know.
Speaker 4: One of my first texts that I got from one of my buddies watching the draft that's not you know, involved in the industry, was like, I don't like this landing spot for Brooks. And I was like, I don't know, he's got opportunity and you know they're surrounding Bryce Young with weapons. Now, I kind of do like the spot for Brooks. I don't think that Chewba Hubbard and Miles Sanders is gonna be tough to beat out once he comes back and he's fully healthy. So I love the landing spot and exactly what you said for Benson. You know, Connor is long in the two and this is you know, a new regime in Arizona that are taking their guys, and Benson is one of their guys. Connor was great last year. I expect him to get most of the run this year. But you know, any slippage at all, we know that they have a good backup, so Benson will be well, he'll be, you know, busting up linebackers sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: I think, fits you've also got Brooks one and Benson two. How wide is that gap for you? Because I see the gap between those two is closer than I see Benson and the next guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably I would agree with that. To me, it's about maybe three spots in a rookie draft that that should be separating those guys. You know, maybe Brooks has will have an early, earlier opportunity to be a heavy duty back, and maybe it's good that the Cardinals probably are gonna not have to ask Benson to be that right away since he was not a heavy duty back at Florida State. So yeah, I mean, I I think it's right with those guys a one to two, and to me, it's fairly clear that Brooks should be number one before moving.
Speaker 2: Off these top two guys.
Speaker 1: Let's say Brooks as the clear number one again to sort of put it in the frame of a super flex, you know, rookie draft. Obviously there's kind of a clear top seven or eight, depending on how you feel about with the Bowers's landing spot. Is Brooks the next guy that's coming off the board for you because there's just not many good running back options, or is he still way behind Bogman, the Xavior, Worthies, Brian Thomas's lad, mcconkey's behind all.
Speaker 4: Behind all He has to be right to me, I think that these guys, these wide receivers are all so good. This is what we were talking about coming in. We're talking about how the running back class was weak. It's not necessarily that Brooks is weak. It's that these wide receivers are very good options. A lot of them would have gone like in that neighborhood of Jordan Madison and JSN in the first last season if they were in that class. So Brooks coming off an injury in an offense that is putting it together as your number one running back, he has to go behind all those wide receivers to me, so I do have him around eleven or twelve.
Speaker 1: The next group of guys here in the consensus rankings RB three Blake Korum, RB four Marshaun Lloyd, RB five Jalen Wright, and RB six Ray Davis. So, Fitz, what's your biggest takeaway from those rankings again Korum, Lloyd right, Davis three to six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I do not have Jalen Wright in my top six. And it's funny like I've been watching people ding Devon Chen in their Dynasty rankings, and people push up Jalen Wright because they're excited about his speed in a Mike McDaniel offense. I mean, like speed fuels the Mike McDaniel offense. And I understand Mike McDaniel needing to have those tanks filled at all times, and certainly like they can't be automatically assuming that Raheem Mostert is going to make it through another season unscathed without injury as he did last year. So like I think it's more of like Raheem Moster insurance. But to me, it's just like laughable to think that Jalen Wright is going to be like challenging Devon a Chan's primacy in this backfield, Like he's just not as good a player straight out, And I mean, he's coming from this gimmicky Josh Hypel's system that I think makes it really hard, and like it's a brilliant system. I mean, I think Hypel's the best play caller in college football, but it's gimmicky. I mean, he spreads the field and these running backs who come out of Tennessee have like massive lanes, like they have all sorts of running room, and a speedback is going to play well in that sort of system. So, like, I just have a lot of questions. You know, how I felt about a Chan as a prospect. I don't have anything close to that same feeling about Jalen Right, Like I have no idea if he's any good or not. But yeah, to me, it's just like I think he's going to be Devana a chance Caddy basically.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, Bogman, I knew this was coming because we talked a beutter it with Ericson on the main feet on Tuesday's episode. Fits is lower than consensus on right, you are higher than consensus on right.
Speaker 2: You've got him RB three.
Speaker 4: He's in my tier with Brooks and Benson. I love Jalen Wright landing in Miami. My initial thought during the draft was, Oh God, why I wanted him to go to Dallas, Right. I wanted to go to the Chargers. Right. I wanted him to land in a spot where he could see a ton of production immediately. I think that would have been great for him. So seeing him land in Miami stinks. I did not like that initially, but and we fits and I talked about this. So I'm you know, if you're not sold on Right, I understand that. But I these guys are going to coexist in this offense. They're building the track team. Most of his thirty two has and has an extensive injury history, but his value came from touchdowns last year. Well, if it's between h Chan and and Right, they're giving the ball to Right, you're not putting your Ferrari into you know, tow your boat, as Mike Tomlin would say. So it ain't gonna be Chan getting those goal line carries unless it's some you know, jet sweep or something short. He'll get some. But I think Right is the guy in that scenario. But I love this landing spot for him because most turt is old, and because it's attract meet and yes, Josh Heidpol's offense is gimmicky. I was fooled by Jalen Hyatt last season, but so was Miami's, especially when you have Hill and you have a Wattle there working in tandem. And the the one thing I worry about with Miami is the construction of this offensive line, right. They lost a lot of pieces on the inside, so I do worry about that for their run game, but I think this spot is great. I don't think most of is gonna last long, and NFL running backs don't, and this doesn't take away anything from a Chan. To me, I'm kind of surprised that we're seeing that argument that we need to ding a Chan. We talked about it before.
Speaker 1: Eight.
Speaker 4: Chan is a ten to fifteen touch guy. He doesn't need more than that. He's going to break one. That is the beauty of a guy like this, So I think not all three of them can't coexist. But once Wright gets going to replace Moster, which I see as the most likely scenario, I don't see him as an a Chan caddy. I see him as a guy playing with a Chan and just giving that team more speed. Eventually. You know, this season a little knock, but I think next year wheels up right in a chan all Day.
Speaker 3: The thing this year bogs like, I don't know if Wright even plays ahead of Jeff Wilson this year.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, Jeff Wilson gets cut. I think Salvin Akma does too. I think Jalen Wright. They didn't have many picks the Dolphins, right, So I think making a selection at running back, which is a you know, a position that is not drafted high. So I think with a few picks, when you make that selection, you don't do it worrying about Jeff Wilson, right. I think Jeff Wilson is expendable. I think Document is expendable. Maybe one of them makes it. But right is Right is McDaniel's guy, So that's how I see it.
Speaker 1: Fit's I don't want to ask about la Korm because I think the case for him is RB three is fairly obvious. I do want to ask about Marshaun Lloyd, who's RB four in consensus just very quickly, because he was my RB two going into the draft.
Speaker 2: I really like Lloyd, and.
Speaker 1: Then he went to the same spot that just gave a big contract to Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 2: So what do you make of Lloyd in his landing spot?
Speaker 1: You know, still being ranked as one of the top five running backs according to consensus among rookie rookies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not ideal for fantasy, but I think a lot of people like him. I mean, he was de Bros RB one in this draft class, and he was Daniel Jeremiah's RB one in this class. You know, Jeremiah said he was his favorite back. So it's interesting because the Packers could get away from Josh Jacobs's contract after one year, and I think a lot of people don't think all that much of AJ Dillon, So me included Marshaon Lloyd could easily pass up AJ Dillon this year and you know, maybe as send to number one next year. I mean, like I know, Debro has laid out a bunch of stats, efficiency stats showing that Josh Jacobs really wasn't that good last year, but he also had An O'Connell as his quarterback for the entire year. I mean, there was not a lot of incentive for teams to not stack the box against Josh Jacobs last year, and that offensive line wasn't great, so not surprising the efficiency numbers weren't good. I'm not saying the Packers are going to walk away from Josh Jacobs after one year, like if he has a fifteen hundred yard you know, fifteen hundred yards have combined rushing and receiving, he'll be back next year. But potentially Marshaun Lloyd could have a big role as early as twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: The next group of guys here as we get into you know, later parts of the running back rankings, we got Bucky Irving, Money Videll, will Shipley Rodrick estimate. It broke my heart to see him fall in the draft because I really really like estday when I was watching him at Notre Dame. I want to ask about both Irving and Videll because Box is roughly in line with consensus on both guys. Fits is much lower on Irving and he's much higher on Videll. So Bogman, of those two fits being quote unquote too low on Irving and too high on Videll, which one do you disagree with more?
Speaker 4: I think probably being low on Bucky, But I don't necessarily disagree with it either. I understand what Bucky showed us that the combine was bad, right, it was real bad. And I know he another guy that fits into the gimmicky you know, category here in Oregon's offense. But I do like the role that I think that he's going to be cut out for. I think it's going to be mainly a third down receiving back role and a change of pace back, you know, give Rashad White a breather. I think that's his purpose in this offense. I don't see a lot more for him, so I do have him at consensus, But I do think that that is a steady role like a Jeric McKinnon, right, That is the kind of you know, maybe a little bit more than that, but that is the type of upside that I think Bucky Irving has From the jump, I think he immediately moves past everybody else on that depth chart behind Rashad White, which is not saying it's on because White had so many carries, but I think the goal of that pick was for Tampa Bay to take a little bit off of White's plate to make him last longer. So yeah, I think Bucky because I like Fidell, and I'm not I'm not as crazy high as Fitz is, but I like Fiadell a lot and I love this landing spot for him too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to Fitz, I want to hear why you have Idell as a top five running back in this in this group.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: First of all, I should mention I think you forgot to uh list Ray Davis's name, uh.
Speaker 1: Him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Right after Jalen Wright in our rank h RB six in ec R. So I'm sorry we tucking Videll or Irving first Videll.
Speaker 2: You have him as an RB five in this class.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's not the strongest class, but a top five guy at the position among the rookies, I think is higher than most people might expect for a sixth round draft pick. But I think I see the case and I want to hear you make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really liked what I saw of him. I mean I liked him a lot pre draft. He was either RB six RB seven for me pre draft, and then he wins the landing spot lottery going to the Chargers, which I think was the single best spot.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: The only negative on how Kamani Vadell was drafted was that he went in the sixth round. And we know the sixth round hit right on running backs is pretty dismal, but going to this run heavy offense, and I loved Videll what he showed at Troy, just the bounciness, the way he like powers through contact because he's this little squatty guy's five to seven and a half, like two thirteen, just built like a fire hydrant.
Speaker 4: And then he for me tackles force fits you. I didn't mean to cut you off there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean I love hearing that four. And then he's sixty three and then, like I was worried that Videll was gonna run like a four to six at the combine, he runs like a four to four to six, and I like tested thor Or texted Thorn Debro right away. I was like, No, forty excited me more at the combine than Camanie Videl's. So, I mean, I love the player. I love the landing spot. The only drawback is the sixth round. But you know, to me, this is a guy who could potentially be there featured back, considering he's behind the very one dimensional Gus Edwards in the very often injured JK.
Speaker 2: Dobbins.
Speaker 1: Let's let's take it easy talking about former Ravens running backs. Here the last couple of guys, Braylon Allen obviously tough landing spot there. Isaac Garende, Tyrone Tracy, who I want to ask you guys about as the last running back to talk, but consensus is RB thirteen. You guys both have him in your top ten, So I fits I'll start with you here. What's the case for Tracy?
Speaker 3: Crazy athleticism, very new to the running back position, but as a former wide receiver, I think he's immediately equipped to become the Giants passing down back. And there's not a lot else for the Giants at running back Devin Singletary, and that's pretty much it. Like I think he kicks Matt Breda to the curb in short order, and there's a lot of upside here. Tyrone. Tracy was Thorne Eystrom's RB five pre draft, so there is a lot to like. He is in exciting athletes, and you know, I think maybe he does not give us a big role in twenty twenty four, but I think for twenty twenty five and beyond its wheels up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Giants wormed. They didn't even pick up Brita. So it's behind Devin Singletary, it's Eric Gray, Gary Bright, Deon Jackson. Yes, so the opportunity is big. And I'll just expand on what Fitz said in the fact that there's no more running backs behind him, there's not more weapons behind him. It seems like Waller's going to retire. We just haven't got the paperwork right, So that seems like maybe that's in the mix there. But the wide receivers are bad. This guy can play in the slot. He can do whatever they want to. So I think the Giants are going to view Tyrone Tracy not just as a running back, but as a weapon in this offense, and they're gonna move him all around the place. So with a team that is just desperate for playmakers, Tyrone Tracy offers all kinds of different options for this Giants offense. So I think he's going to have a pretty significant role quickly here because the Giants have to have playmakers.
Speaker 3: And by the way, about Braylen Allen, can we get some sort of restraining order against the Jets from like destroying the value of these rookie runs.
Speaker 4: I mean, brailn Isaiah Davis is one of my favorite two bits. It's not just behind Allan now that sucks.
Speaker 3: And then people liked is he a Banacanada is like a developmental guy from last year and now like this is just all these guys are going to sit behind Breeze Hawn. It's going to be terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The three landing spots that crushed me the most was Lloyd, not that he loses a crazy amount of value, but I was disappointed because I thought he could be really good if he had a clear path to starting role. And then I, like I said, I loved Estimate and I liked Alan I think better than most and just those guys falling and then where they landed is very dislike wating.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, can I can I make a quick plea with our audience to not draft Isaac Grendo in like the late third round of their rookie draft, like he is going to be a kick returner. This guy could not get on the field at the University of Wisconsin, just like not at all behind brayln Allen. And I know he just tested like a champ at the combine. I know he was like decent and sort of a limited role.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on though, because we know that San Francisco is a meritocracy, right if you're if you're practicing well, well they're gonna play you. That's a rock party ended up here.
Speaker 3: I mean, Elijah Mitchell is just a better, more nuanced like isaid. Grindo's a screw with that. Gondo's a straight line guy.
Speaker 1: I mean we see Shanahan spend on a running back and then just kick him to the curb before.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean both worlds exist for Shannon. Yeah, for sure, it's not I need these guys.
Speaker 3: There's I will bet any amount of money that when they come out of training camp, Elijah Mitchell's the number two, and I think people are expecting Girndo to beat out Elijah Mitchell and it's not going to happen.
Speaker 4: I agree with that for sure.
Speaker 1: By now, most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager.
Speaker 2: But the question is, have you tried it?
Speaker 1: It's time to go see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts are rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much much more more. I think it sounds complicated.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: The best thing about Reality Sports Online Fantasy front office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league. It just requires more strategy. Thank you among the fantasy elite, Well, this is the platform to test your metal.
Speaker 2: Still not sure?
Speaker 1: You can test out your general manager skills for free in a mock free agency auction.
Speaker 2: If you like what you see, use the promo.
Speaker 1: Code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. That's promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. Fantasy just got real at Reality sportsonline dot com. Guys, let's jump into the wide receivers, one of the most fun positions to talk about in this year's class, obviously the very top. We'll just do kind of the big three here right off the bat. Marvin Harrison Junior is one, Malik Neighbors is two, Roma Dunze is three. Fits Is there any case to be made for shaking those up? I will say, you know, we had to start of our rookie draft this morning and I was in the clock at one O four and I found myself thinking, it's got to be neighbors, right.
Speaker 2: I do love of a Dunsay paired with Caleb Williams long term. I know this year he's you know, wide receiver three on the depth chart.
Speaker 1: We expect, but but boy, is that a fun pairing long term?
Speaker 2: Is there any case to be made for mixing that up?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I mean, I know those guys were really close, but I prefer neighbors landing spot where he is the clear wide receiver one from the get go, whereas O Dounsay is pretty much the clear wide receiver three right now. And we know Keenan Allen is probably only there for one year, but DJ Moore is still there. Yeah, I think you have to go neighbors, Bogman.
Speaker 1: Is there any case to be made for changing up the order Harrison neighbors a Douneesay, No.
Speaker 2: That I have, easy I have.
Speaker 4: It's a tear break, so very not in talent obviously, but in context, team context, it absolutely is a tear break to me.
Speaker 1: So no, And any case to be made for these guys falling outside the top seven and super flex drafts?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, nuts, I just asked.
Speaker 1: I mean obviously, I agree he's asked that to say we can probably move on from them.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, to me, it's everything that fits that I didn't want to add too much to it, but it is the fact that those two guys, Harrison and Neighbors are immediately the number one today, right now, the season started, they're the number one and a Donsay. You know, sure, Alan may be only there for you know, one season, and in that season maybe only ten games, right, but he is older, But yeah, DJ Moore is still there. Kid Williams is a bit of a question. Yeah, there's other little nitpicky things. Oh Doonsay's talent is amazing. He could absolutely be the number one in this class, but in terms of the way we're looking at it right now, I think he has to be below those guys.
Speaker 1: Also the easy one, two, three and one quarterback rookie drafts. This this is your one, two three, don't overthink if you have a top three pick. It does get really interesting after this. And we talked all draft season about how that one oh nine through about the two of three is going to be really dependent on landing spot. We got the landing spots, and I still feel like you could make a case.
Speaker 2: For a number of different orders for these guys.
Speaker 1: So it'll be really interesting to see what happens as rookies and also long term with who ends up having picked the right guys of these the group.
Speaker 2: And I'll sort of said it as why is here? Four is Xavier Worthy? Why was here?
Speaker 1: Five is Lad mconkee wide? Receiver six is Brian Thomas Junior. This is expert consensus rankings. By the way, why receiver seven is key On Coleman? Is that a fair place to cut it off? Or would you throw that conversation Ricky piersoll Adye Mitchell, Xavier Leaguette was a got first round draft capital You think it's just those kind of four?
Speaker 2: Is the interesting? All right, let's go That's what.
Speaker 4: I would say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I would say too.
Speaker 1: I wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving anybody out that you guys thought should be there. So again, why receiver four through seven is Worthy, McConkie, Thomas, and Coleman Bogman Of those four in that order, would you change anybody around?
Speaker 4: I go Worthy, Coleman, mconkie, Thomas. That's how I order mine, And that is the difference to me there. You know, once again, talent is talent. These guys all have it, right. I think for Maconkey, he goes to an offense that is going to be a Roman Wilson you or a Greg Roman you know, run first heavy offense.
Speaker 1: I wonder why you have Roman Wilson on the brain. Yeah, I wonder why. But yeah, so Greg Greg Roman is running this offense, and we know it's going to be very very run heavy. In Buffalo, It's gonna be different. It's going to be pass heavy. They're going to rely on Josh Allen. So Coleman gets the bump there for me. In terms of Brian Thomas, I think that Brian Thomas could easily be the number one out out of all of these guys, right. But the Jacksonville offense has been so stagnant and they keep doing this weird stuff with it, and Gabe Davis is there. Are they going to have Brian Thomas running more underneath because Gave Davis is there is gonna be vice versa. This gave Davis go to the bench. Kirk is a great option that Ingram is looked at in the end zone. There's just so many guys in Jacksonville. I struggle to know immediately what Thomas's role is. It could be wide receiver one from the jump that would not be a shock, so he has to be in here. But I just put him below those other guys because of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Thomas one is really intriguing to me.
Speaker 1: Fits because like, he was the consensus wide receiver for in this class for a while and now it wasn't like there was a huge gap, but he was the guy that pretty much everybody was putting at the one oh nine prior to seeing landing spots. He gets paired with a quarterback that there's clearly at least a chance kind of elevates into an upper tier quarterback. He's got the talent, obviously, was an all time you know prospect coming out Clemson in Trevor Lawrence, and you're you're pairing a guy who is now his most talented wide receiver at the very least, even if he hasn't you know, kind of gotten the experience yet. So I don't think the landing spot is so bad that he should be falling a lot. Having said that, you know, Worthy gets paired with the fastest wide receiver in the draft, gets paired with Mahomes, obvious great contested catch guy, gets paired with Josh Allen, obvious. Lab Aconki is now out like the top of that depth chart.
Speaker 2: Obvious.
Speaker 1: So I get the case for the other guys, but I don't feel like Brian Thomas should be falling that much.
Speaker 2: Do you feel that way fits?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't love this landing spot for Brian Thomas. I've got him wide receiver seven now and have moved him down since, you know, post draft, and I've got him just ahead of Ricky Piersoll, who I think deserves to be in this tier. I just it seems like we talked about how incongruent the Falcons moves where at quarterback with the big money contract for Kirk Cousins and then spending the eighth overall pick on Michael Pennix Junior.
Speaker 4: I feel, to a.
Speaker 3: Much lesser extent, the Jaguars have done something like that a wide receiver, giving a fairly big money contract to Gabe Davis to be their designated lid lifter, and then drafting another vertical receiver in Brian Thomas. You know, no surprise with Trent Balky being the GM I don't think he's one of the better gms in the league, So yeah, he's not good. So I don't know, Like it's not my favorite landings, but they've also got one hundred plus catch tight end. They've got Christian Kirk, so like I could see maybe Brian Thomas not getting the sort of targets we think he should for a guy who had seventeen touchdowns last year at LSU.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just not my favorite landing spot. And I actually kind of traded out of two oh two in one of my rookie drafts rather than take Brian Thomas. So yeah, I'm not in love.
Speaker 1: It's one of those scenarios where I could see it going either way. Ultimately, at the same time, I'm like he had the best draft capital of anybody besides the Big three. He's with a very talented young quarterback who was still on the upswing, and there's room in this offense. There's maybe a mouse to feed. There is room for a number one receiver. Now, is Brian Thomas capable of being that number one receiver? I think it's a very very valid question. But there's room for an alpha in this offense, and again, I think the pairing is better than he's getting being given credit for with Trevor Lawrence, and he was taken higher than all these other receivers outside the elite top three. So again I get why the other guys might have moved up. I just don't feel like my estimation of Brian Thomas and my desire to have him on my Dynasty roster didn't lower because of the landing spot.
Speaker 2: Is that a fair way to put it, Bagman? I think so.
Speaker 4: I think the difference to me is that you know, it's mahomes, Alan and Herbert. Those are the three qbs that you're trusting, and these guys will probably I mean Worthy, I guess, is the exception of not being the number one option right for she Rice comes back and Kelsey sticks around a little bit longer than we think, then yeah, okay, maybe Worthy has more option, but no one has the upside that Worthy does either, that Tyreek Kill type of upside. So it's a double edged sort of you know how you want to view it. For me, he definitely is in this tier. Those other qbs are trustable. I think those all these guys can be a number one, And you know, I think what Fitz said also lends a little credence too. How can you trust what Bulky is doing? Yeah, at all? It just doesn't seem to ever make sense. So I like Brian Thomas, I just don't like him landing in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Next group of guys here, and this is the consensus rankings again, A wide receiver. Eight Ricky Pearsall, nine is Adenai Mitchell, ten is Xavier Lagette, eleven is Troy Franklin, twelve Roman Wilson, thirteen Jalen Polk, and fourteen Jermaine Burton. Now I want to start with Pearsaw here because to me, while he is clearly behind those first seven names, I think he's closer to them than to the rest. I know, Fitz, you have him ranked fairly closely. Bogman, you do not, So, Bogman, I want to start with you. Why are you lower than the two of us on Pearsaw. It's landing spot. I love Pearsaw, but I don't like Pearsaw being behind Debo and Ayuk and Kittle. And we all know that Christian McCaffrey gets more touches than anyone in the NFL, so he's behind all three of those guys start his career. We know, I'm looking at things more in a three year window than long long term as well. So these first couple of seasons might be bad. Now, look, things could open up.
Speaker 4: There's still a possibility that one of these dudes gets traded this offseason, right, so then maybe we're opening more things up. But even in that scenario, where is Pierce in the pecking order to start, right, he's at best probably fourth, maybe Kittle. Maybe he passes Kittle real quickly, but I CMC are definitely still ahead of him. So it's just to me, it was more about the landing spot. It's not about Ricky Piersoll talent. I think he's great. Could he be very successful in this offense, absolutely, But I lowered him a little bit just because I do not like this landing spot for the jump start of his career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fits, I want to sort of quickly share my opinion. Then I want to get you to dive a little deep rut of this. For me, I look at it in a vacuum and I say, we're looking at a receiver that we all really like, talent wise and great athleticism. Had one of the best catches you'll ever see in the college season. Last year he got first round draft capital, somewhat surprisingly.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: And he's in an offense with the best play designer and play caller in the sport. And you know, I know there's a lot of Moules ahead of him right now, but CMC is aging for a running back, George Kittle is aging. I do expect Devo or I to be treated at some point, even if it's not this season, then by next season they just can't keep everybody. So I think there's a real chance at a year from now, we're looking at him as one of the top two receivers in this offense, one of the top three pass catchers in this offense run by Kyle Shanahan, and with this great draft capital. So I am still very bullish on pure Saul, you know, again behind the other guys, but also at this stage in the process, like in terms of where you're gonna be drafting him, you're not necessarily assuming you're gonna get a ton year one anyway from any of these guys. It's mostly a long term play. Anyway, I talked longer than I meant to there. I really want to hear your opinion here. I'm sure that's what everybody else listening wants to hear it too. So what do you think about Pierce all Fits?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay, you talked a lot because I don't have a lot to say. I pretty much agree with you, you know, and I know Bogman's not dissing him, but like, I'm less concerned about the sort of blockage he faces on the depth chart because you know, Ayuk is reportedly not happy and could be traded. Deebo gets nicked up a lot, Like, I think he'll get his chance, maybe not this year, but down the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to be clear, I do get the lot of mouse to feed, Like, I can see why the landing spot has again a red flag, but I see a lot of green flags, a lot.
Speaker 4: Of good wide receivers. I think that's it. You know, we are we are splitting hairs here among them.
Speaker 1: One of the guys that you are higher on Bagman is Polk, who obviously went early second round, very clear opportunity to get targets in an offense with a talented young quarterback. We don't know what May is going to look like as a quarterback in the NFL. But he'll have the opportunity and we know the arm talent's good, and we know Polk have the opportunity because there's not a lot of you know, other mouths defeat in that offense. Certain it's the anti San Francisco. You've got him as a top ten receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have met nine and you know, it's all about opportunity. There is tons of opportunity in New England. I you know fits and I pulled that trade off in the Tags League and it was so I could get Javon Baker because I think Javon Baker also has a shot. I have him in this tier with you know, Pearsall and Polk, you know, and ad Ni Mitchell and guys like that. After that four tier that we had before, I have a bigger tier of guys that I all think these dudes could be number ones, right, they all have that level of talent. But specifically with Polk, I mean, who is he fighting Kayshawn Bouti for snaps? You know it's do Mario Pop, Douglas, Kendrick Bourne, Javon Baker, the Ghost of Juju, the slowest man in the NFL, kJ Osbourne like they they just they don't have a lot of juice here. I think Polk could be I think by the end of the season that Polk and Baker are the one and two for this offense right now. And I think you're going to see a ton of plays designed for Baker because he's the only wide receiver on this team with speed. So I think we're going to see screen passes, We're going to see deep hitters towards Baker as well, and Polk can take advantage of some bad corners and being the number one option just by having a high target volume. Obviously, these guys have to do it in camp. They got to beat out these vets who have been around for a while, and you know they're not going to just go away and give their job away. But I think that Polk and Baker have a great They have great opportunity to be high target share guys immediately in New England. So that's why I'm high on both of them.
Speaker 1: So Fits, you're roughly in line with consensus on Polks, I want to ask you about the next guy, Jamaine Burton, who you are lower than consentsus on. Meanwhile, Boggs is higher than consensus on. So neither of you really agree.
Speaker 2: You're just going in opposite direction fits what are you not seeing with Burton?
Speaker 3: So I think some people like this landing spot I really don't like for Burton. I think the assumption is and granted this is probably T higgins last season in Cincinnati, but Jamar Chase is going to be a target hog for the foreseeable future. So there's a lid on Burton's upside, I think as long as Jamar Chase is there. But like we've seen how the Bengals operate, they obviously want to give Joe Burrow a lot of offensive weaponry, a lot of pass catchers. We saw this when they were facing the dilemma of draft Jamar Chase or Piney Sewell, get the blindside protector or get the pass catcher. They chose the pass catcher. They've got two really good wideouts right now. They drafted Jermaine Burton anyway in the third round, and I have no doubt if T. Higgins walks after this year, they're going to be drafting another wide receiver next year. So, like, I just don't see a clear path to like substantial targets for Burton. And then you add on to the fact that like he's got some character issues, like and I don't know the kid. I mean, he could be a great kid for all we know. But it has been reported by like Thor and others that maybe some NFL teams didn't even have Jermaine Burton on their draft board and that you know, he didn't get along well with the coaches at either Georgia or Elevant.
Speaker 2: Quickly bog mean, why are you higher on Burton?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's the fit. I really like this fit here. I also think that, you know, what we saw from Burton and Alabama last year is not really a complete process because Milroe is not complete yet. And I think when you go from Milroe to Joe Burrow to an offense that is pass heavy with a guy like him, I do think there are concerns, you know. I think the character concerns are the biggest ones. I think, you know fits saying they're probably gonna go after another weapon if these guys don't work out. I think also it could be an issue. But I think he's a big play guy. I'm not drafting him to be my PPR guy and get a lot of receptions. I'm he's my wide receiver. Three. He's a swing guy for me. You know, we all want to make everyone to Shaun Jackson. He's that type of gamble bogman.
Speaker 1: The last guy in this group that you guys disagree on is Roman Wilson.
Speaker 2: You're lower on your guy. What's what gives?
Speaker 4: I mean? I love Roman Wilson. And this is the first question when I got in here while while you were walking the dog where that fits asked me about when we came in here. Roman Wilson is a great wide receiver. Arthur Smith's offense sucks. It's not good. It's gonna be it's for wide receivers. It's bad, dude. It's all about running. It's gonna be a lot of nause and a lot of Jalen Warren and the Steelers' emphasis on drafting Roman Wilson is his blocking and he did it at Michigan right. He has a lot of he has a lot of experience blocking for running backs. He's gonna make big plays too, I have no doubt about that. But if Arthur Smith is tied here, I expect his main job job a number one for Roman, it's to be laying out wide receivers and tight ends and helping in the blocking game. And he is the type of guy that loves it too. So until we start getting points for pancake blocks, I think he's got to be a little bit lower in fantasy.
Speaker 2: I would love to plan in that league, by the way, I would love it absolutely, P P P B. I guess is what it would be.
Speaker 4: Quentin Nelson number one pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just can I just state my amazement that for Bogman, the touch of death for Arthur Smith so outweighs the midas touched. The Steelers have a wide receiver. Like if the Steelers drafted you in the fourth rond worm, I think you would have an eight hundred season for that separation whatever, Like whatever they do, a wide receiver turns to gold.
Speaker 4: I think Roman Wilson is also a downfield receiver. We're going to see Russell Wilson, you know back there. He had the most passes in NFL history behind the line of scrimmage last year, right, Like, I think it's a lot of the fit is weird. The pieces don't seem to be lining up. I think the whole offense is better with justin fields. So hopefully that doesn't take very long. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, I just and just to since you didn't say it, worm ecr on Roman Wilson is wide receiver twelve. I've got him wide receiver nine. Bagman has him wide receiver seventeen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's at least two seasons of Arthur Smith. That's how I see it. So you know, the talent is amazing. I love Roman, I'm glad he's on the Steelers. I hate the Arthur Smith offense. I really do.
Speaker 1: We're going a little along on the receivers, but I really do think just given what a storyline it was over draft weekend, that I have to ask if please like, let's keep it quick but fits Troy Franklin, what were your thoughts on him falling to the top of the fourth round. And you know, it's somebody that I really liked in the draft process and now you know he's paired to this college quarterback.
Speaker 2: But he fell a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently teams did not like his combine workout at all. I mean, I know, running the gauntlet drill. He he did look like me coming out of a bar in Madison when I was in college at twelve or one in the morning. And yeah, so I don't know. The Day three draft capital thing isn't great, but maybe it's not the worst thing. He lands with bow Knicks, even though bow Knicks doesn't have a big arm, but there's some comfort level there, and Franklin made a lot of plays for Nicks last year, So yeah, I don't hate it. I'm below consensus on Franklin, but not my.
Speaker 2: Last er of receivers here.
Speaker 1: Why was here for fifteen Malachi Coraley, sixteen, Javont Baker, seventeen, Jalen McMillan, eighteen, Luke McCaffrey, nineteen, Leak Washington and twenty Devontees Walker Bogman. Pick one of those that stands out to you, ah, one of those that stands out to me. I'll go with Luke McCaffrey ending up in the Cliff Kingsbury offense. There's also a lot of opportunity on that roster. Dotson didn't put it together last year. It's Diami Brown, guys like that. I think McCaffrey could be affected pretty quick fits Pick one of those guys too, Again, that was what I say. Baker, Coraley, McMillan, McCaffrey, Washington.
Speaker 3: Walker Melachai Coraley. I know he's not a Deebo Samuel. I won't even though people like to make that comparison because of his run after the catch game. But I also don't agree with Thorne Eistrom's comp of Amari Rodgers for Malachi Corley, Like this dude is legit after the catch, and it does seem like you know, I know they had footage of the Jets war room making the call to Corley after they drafted him. They seemed really fired up. It seems like they have a plan for Malachi Corley and no insert Paul Hackett joke or Nathaniel Hackett joke here, But.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about that one. I've got a wide receiver twelve A Bove.
Speaker 1: I love reading Thor's comps because so many of them, like Omaro Rodgers is Oh yeah, I did draft that guy in the late third and rookie draft a couple of years ago, like and completely forgot about him ever since. By the way, I am, like Bogman, not as high on my own team's pick. I like I like what tedes Walker does for the offense because he fits, he feels a need that the Ravens had. But I I'm not aggressively drafting him and.
Speaker 4: I like him as a project.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, tools see fourth round pick too, and that's like better than expected.
Speaker 1: But there's just so many other good receivers that I like in my third and fourth round picks of rookie drafts. I'll be I'll be looking elsewhere, I would imagine when I get to that point.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the tight ends.
Speaker 1: But first, I want to let everybody know about the Fantasy Pros Championship Drafts with FFPC, both Fast and Slow are already live.
Speaker 2: It's three hundred and fifty dollars entry fee.
Speaker 1: You just have to go to Fantasypros dot Com slash f FPC and use promo code Fantasy Pros on sign up for twenty five dollars off your first entry. There is a one million dollar first place prize. It is the world's largest online season long tournament, and you can get an early bird discount. If you register by June fifteenth and draft your team by June thirtieth, you will receive a free thirty five dollars team credit. Again, that's Fantasypros dot Com slash FFPC the tight ends number one tier of his own brock Boers, there's no sense discussing where he ranks amongst tight ends. So just very quickly, where are you guys drafting him in super Flex rookie drafts? How far did he fall because of the Raiders landing spot that was I think is being a little overblown, to be honest. We talked about this fits earlier in the week, but is still a surprise and not necessarily the high end outcome we were hoping for Bogman, I'll start with you.
Speaker 4: I got him at seven in super Flex and four in PPR, so very high, very igh on Bowers and Fitz.
Speaker 1: We talked about this a bit on Tuesday before the Dynasty feed folks.
Speaker 3: One O four in one QB, one O eight in super Flex. I love him. I'm not worried about the landing spot. I mean, he's just such a Swiss army knife. He's He's gonna work no matter what sort of role.
Speaker 4: Is a weapon, not a tight end. Think of him as a weapon.
Speaker 1: And if anything, I like that Michael Mayer is there, who's going to get to do the blocking and and I know's he's well rounded. He's not only a blocking tight end. But I like that they have another guy who.
Speaker 4: It sucks for him. Ye, for him, it's great.
Speaker 2: Bad for him. It doesn't scare me off.
Speaker 1: Bowers In Garner Minshew is perfectly fine quarterback to help a guy out.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, let's let's go look at the others.
Speaker 1: Really, deebro is very high on Ben Sinnett. He's number two in consensus. Three Agtavian Sanders, the Longhorn four, Theo Johnson five, Eric All who debro Thora both very high on, but of course has had the injury concern so of that group before Senate Sanders, THEO Johnson, Eric All, Bogman. Does anybody stand out to you as maybe over ranked or under ranked?
Speaker 4: I don't really like anybody. It's I sont In Sanders are real close to me. I think that both those guys could be number one this year. I sat being picked in the second is what puts him over for me. It's very rare. I'm going to have draft stock tied to their value. You saw my wide receiver ranks right like, I don't care. I'll put Burton ahead a pier. Solid doesn't make any difference to me. It's the fit. I like the fit. I don't like the fit firston not in Washington. The reason is is because he seems gimmicky for Cliff Kingsbury. He seems like a guy that's gonna be a goal line guy or an h back Chris Cooley weird stuff. But if he slides in right behind Ertz and he's running with the wides, great, then that's awesome. I just don't know what his role is there. Sanders I have ranked pretty high because it's Tommy Tremble and nobody in Carolina, and they need weapons for Bryce Young, so I do think there's an immediate need for him. I don't care about anybody else in this class. To be honest with you, Eric All is fine. I love him ending up in Cincinnati. I think the fit is good, but I don't really care about anybody else fits.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that group? Anybody excite you?
Speaker 3: I echo bog sentiment to me. There are four tight ends in this draft worth taking in a rookie draft. It's Bowers, Senate, Sanders, and All. And I've actually Boggs pined unfriend me for this. But I've got All ahead of Sanders now. I mean they were drafted really close together in the fourth round. I think fourth round draft cap sort of damning for Sanders and sort of surprisingly good for All, and All goes to a great spot. Like the tight end in Cincinnati. They were trying to ham An Eggett last year with like Drew Sample and Tanner Hudson and like Irv Smith, who of course they couldn't count on, and those guys were getting targets, but I think their yards per catch was like the lowest of any tight end group in the league last year. So All is the guy who could change that. The only knock on him, it's not the talent, it's the injury. History had to undergo back surgery, which apparently went swimmingly according to All and is no longer an issue. Also a torn acl and that's what he's recovering from right now. But you know, the knee is really I think the only thing with this guy. Otherwise you're getting a very talented tight end in a really optimal situation.
Speaker 4: Why when I unfriend you fits when I can just be right and brag about it later, That's what I like.
Speaker 2: It isn't that what friends are for?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 1: Anything worth saying about Kate Stover, Jahem Bell, Jared Wiley, those the next three guys in the list are You're not even drafting them in rookie drafts?
Speaker 4: No, I mean, I like, I like some of these guys. But Theo Johnson going to the Giant.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just, yeah, Theo's a freak athlete, He's just not good at catching the football and doing things after the catch.
Speaker 4: That would be that, that would be right. Yeah. I like the landing spot for Stover and for Wiley, Like Wiley in Kansas City is a good spot. McLaughlin, Uh, you know, if if all is going to be hurt, I think he's an option. I do like jaheanm Bell because they just need playmakers for the Patriots. But tight end is the toughest position to transfer from college to the pros. So it's a big learning curve for all of these guys. So I just don't expect big impacts this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fits, I mean, any thoughts on those kind of back end guys, Like you're a big ten guy, so Kate Stover, I mean, Jaian Bell obviously kind of a unique skill set. Wiley, maybe you know the heir apparent to Kelsey down the way down the line. I mean, what do you think about these three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are just not top sixty picks for me in super flex. I mean maybe in the fifth round of a one QB sure, but like, I just don't think.
Speaker 2: They're sor right.
Speaker 1: We'll get out of there on that longer episode. But I think there was a lot of good stuff in there. We hit on a lot of names, so I appreciate everybody sticking around. Good to be podcasting to you guys again. We'll be back again next week, I believe for a mock draft, so be sure to check us out then Forfeits and Bogman. I am Ryan warmly thank you everybody again for tuning in, and we'll see again next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football podcast.
Speaker 2: If you love the show, the best freeway to support
Speaker 1: Us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros