Speaker 1: All right, you found us on a Friday. Welcome to the podcast. Alexis. How many five hour energy bottles did you count in the trash can? I think it was eleven? Oh, guys, fifty five hour energy? My god, I just hope Jeffrey's heart doesn't exclude his fuel for his parody song. Today's song of the Week is in well today's podcast. There, let's start it now.
Speaker 2: We may have the opportunity of a lifetime. Okay, it's broken, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: What do you got, jeff Rarely do we.
Speaker 2: Ever send Alexis and jose on a flight to be on location somewhere?
Speaker 1: But rarely, like we've never had rarely. If you say rarely, it makes it sound.
Speaker 3: Zero.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The point is we might have to cause this event has been going on in Austin, Texas for years and it just now came to our attention.
Speaker 4: You're playing the Olympic Games. I thought we're going to London.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, there is This might be even bigger than that.
Speaker 2: It's called the o Henry Punoff World Champion say, oh my god. And producer Boyd just he subjected me to ten minutes of watching a video of the previous highlights if he even he can.
Speaker 6: Call them a highlights.
Speaker 1: How long are the I like videos?
Speaker 5: If there's the video was six hours long?
Speaker 7: Who I'm serious?
Speaker 2: But basically, there's a stage and there's different categories you can compete in.
Speaker 5: There's pun versus pun. There's two people punning against each other.
Speaker 1: Jose, is this your Olympics?
Speaker 4: It could be. No, it really could be.
Speaker 2: They have long form puns for retel like a long story full of puns, also pun slingers.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get into it.
Speaker 2: It's all viewed by the public sitting on a lawn and folding chairs. And I'm gonna give you a fourteen second snapshot of what it sounds like because it's probably all you can take.
Speaker 1: I want ten minutes here it is.
Speaker 2: Policeman Ray gave me a collie and said the shizu was hitting the fan in Egypt. I started having terrible joint pain, so naturally I went to see a chiro praactor.
Speaker 1: What's you're sprouting off again? I art it choke you.
Speaker 4: So bad?
Speaker 1: Hell exists is.
Speaker 2: So not surprisingly It's a free event held on the grass outside of the O Henry Museum downtown.
Speaker 1: I think it sounds funny for again, maybe twenty five seconds. I'm gonna take it ten more seconds of that.
Speaker 4: The Chiro Jokers are really good Egyptian cities I did.
Speaker 1: I like the art of choke one as well.
Speaker 4: Pretty good. I mean, I guess that's the point of a pun.
Speaker 5: Just horrible.
Speaker 2: It's May eleventh this year, so if one of our listeners wants to go and tell us about it, you can put your review in our Instagram comments, or write your best puns in our Instagram comments at Brooke and Jeffrey, because Digital Jake loves to read and respond to all of your puns. First, he's got to do some trivia with us, though, so take it away, Jake.
Speaker 8: Well, you know why we're playing this music because we're celebrating Cinco to Mayay. Shockingly, Sino to Myo is not a holiday about the five great male brands of the US being Hellman's Hinds, Duke's Craft, and miracle whip.
Speaker 1: Oh, get out of here with your miracles, notise little though.
Speaker 8: In fact, it's actually a holiday honoring Mexican culture on the fifth of May.
Speaker 5: Learning things new every day.
Speaker 7: But that's why today we're gonna do a.
Speaker 8: Special round of trivia questions all about Sinco a k a.
Speaker 7: The number five in a brand new edition.
Speaker 8: Of Plenty of twenty. Okay, okay, we'll start with the woman who occasionally throws up in her bathroom Sinco.
Speaker 1: That's Alexis right there, That is.
Speaker 5: Alexis.
Speaker 8: Nobody can help you with this question. It's all you on your loan show?
Speaker 1: Are you going to ask her to count to five with on your fingers?
Speaker 8: I don't want to do things too hard for her solo on Synco Alexis here you go. We're celebrating the number five today, So in honor of that, your question is is five a prime number?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Primes? Oh it's something with dividing them or multiplying them. No, no, something about them? Can you divide it by itself? Can you divide it by I think I'm talking?
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is good.
Speaker 1: Talk it out follow that prime numbers or even numbers. So I'm gonna say it's not prime.
Speaker 8: Alexis said it's not prime. That is incorrect? Is a prime number?
Speaker 1: And what is a prime number?
Speaker 11: Jake?
Speaker 5: What is a prime number?
Speaker 1: Bro by it and that's that's it?
Speaker 5: Anything else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they go over it in third grade. I'll get this one next year.
Speaker 8: It transforms into a car prime something. Okay, alexis is out.
Speaker 1: We're over to brook Brook.
Speaker 8: It's commonly believed that humans have five senses sound, sight, touch, smell, and taste. According to signience, what is the strongest?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Well, yeah, I'm gonna say eyesight is out for me, definitely. I need aids for that. I don't feel like hearing is very good either. You know how many people are saying what constantly?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What do you say? Dogs? Never say that dogs is here?
Speaker 4: They just smell.
Speaker 3: They smell.
Speaker 12: God.
Speaker 1: But those taste buds. I am so good at tasting things Brook, I'm gonna go. No, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 8: Taste Brook went with taste that is direct, according to science, is actually sight. Humans tend to rely on eyesight more than any of the other four senses sciences. We're over to so far out of five Jose, your turn. The Pentagon is a famous five sided building. You have five seconds to tell me something else in the world that is five sided.
Speaker 5: Go four, three, two.
Speaker 13: One.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I just gave up time ran out. I won't have accepted home plate yes, school crossing signs uh sections on a soccer ball. Maybe pentagrams for our Satanists out there, Jeffrey, we've gotten three wrongs so far. I think if you get it wrong, then I'm gonna choose to get shocked anyway.
Speaker 1: It couldn't these questions be about tacos and tequila.
Speaker 8: Those are not five sided, Jeffrey. There was a famous burger chain called five Guys, with thousands of locations around the US.
Speaker 7: True or false?
Speaker 8: Was it started by five guys?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, the last time that I hung out with five guys, we definitely were not coming up with fun restaurant ideas.
Speaker 8: But there were peanuts all over the floor.
Speaker 5: Yes, and a lot of talk about meat between mean buns.
Speaker 2: But I think it's just too obvious that like five guys made it.
Speaker 1: You don't think it's like five brothers that I've started. I always thought it was brothers, but maybe they wasn't all five. Maybe it was like a dad, and I just thought it was a family business for some reason.
Speaker 5: I think that's what they want you to think so that it sounds wholesome.
Speaker 2: But really it's just one billionaire guy that's like taking all the money.
Speaker 1: We're okay, spending thirty dollars on a burger.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say it's not five guys started. You said false, false, Jeffrey said false.
Speaker 7: That is that's correct.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey was founded.
Speaker 8: By a husband and wife who named it after his five sons, who helped manage the franchises to this day.
Speaker 5: It's a family business.
Speaker 8: Now, Okay, that means Jeffrey's one Today's edition of plenty of twenty.
Speaker 2: Since I got the only answer, right, I get to choose who gets shocked, congratulations, and I'm gonna go. Let's see, it's gonna be superman. It's not easy. By five for fighting?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, and I'm gonna give it to Jose on this one.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: I remember I was at a hockey game and they called five for fighting. I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 6: That band that like a penalty.
Speaker 1: It's in a penalty box for fighting. And that's why they named the band five.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like, your fists have five fingers for fighting with no no wonder that song?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, well let's.
Speaker 4: Sing some five for fighting.
Speaker 1: I can't stand.
Speaker 14: I'm not that NAII.
Speaker 2: I wanted was a perfect spot on rendition of it.
Speaker 7: Shock you again, shock Collar question of the day.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Can you guys believe it's been twenty three years since Shrek hit theaters.
Speaker 1: That is insane, Alexis.
Speaker 5: I don't even think you were potty trained yet at that point.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't remember.
Speaker 6: To think about it.
Speaker 5: In the morning.
Speaker 2: Since then, multiple generations have seen and fallen in love with the film and all.
Speaker 5: Of its characters because it's such a great movie.
Speaker 2: And maybe some of you saw this, but there's a YouTuber who's been dubbed the movie Detective of the Internet. Yeah, and he recently made a video doing a deep dive on Shrek and found one particularly disturbing detail.
Speaker 1: You will never see it.
Speaker 2: It's from the beginning of the movie where you see the Bear family from Goldilocks and cages after being captured by Lord Farquad's soldiers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, can you picture that they're.
Speaker 5: All sitting in their cages.
Speaker 2: And then later you see Papa Bear and Baby Bear over at Shrek Swamp crying without Mama Bear anywhere around.
Speaker 1: It gets worse, Jose, I think you need to sit down.
Speaker 5: Here comes the creepy part.
Speaker 2: Later, there's a scene inside far Quad's castle where just for a second you see a bear skin rug on the floor with a pink bow on it that looks exactly like Mama Bear.
Speaker 1: I know the signature bow. Like, why are they going to leave that on? Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: I mean, the detail that they put into this story, it's just amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just one of the animators has some deep seed at trauma that he decided to live out while he was making track.
Speaker 15: Usually they're like, I put a photo of my kid hidden in one of the things.
Speaker 4: Yes, but not this.
Speaker 2: That easter egg is changing the way that people look at the movie.
Speaker 1: Is Peter about to strike.
Speaker 2: Brook Let's ruin your children's innocence and call them in the next segment to tell them what happened to Mama Bear.
Speaker 16: Oh, unfortunately, I think they know pretty honest in our family, Jeff, they're animals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, it would have been better if Mama Bear got hit by a sixteen year That would have been hilarious.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they just use Smallma's bear's meat for good. Okay, don't want to waste the animal.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 2: If we're not going to ruin brooks children's childhoods we'll just do laser stories right after this. It's the radio segment that's changing the way we sleep with pillow pants, fashionable pants with built in inflatable cushions, so you can lie down and take a nap anytime, anywhere in total comfort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my legs are so comfortable, but my head not.
Speaker 2: Just finally catch some shut eye during your child's school play with Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other snooze jockeys just don't. This first laser story is out of Pennsylvania. Fifty one year old's Catholic priest named Lawrence Kozak is in a little bit of hot water. And it all started and an accountant at the church discovered an astronomical amount of Apple transactions on the church's credit card statements.
Speaker 5: Apparently you're not supposed to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Upon closer examination, it was found the priest had used church funds to purchase power ups in mobile games like Mario Kart Tour and Candy Crush.
Speaker 1: Was he like a thirteen year old boy with his mom's credit card?
Speaker 2: Apparently it wasn't just a one or two week thing. He'd been doing it for three years and racked up over forty thousand dollars in charges.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Anyboddy wondering how they missed that in the yearly budget.
Speaker 4: But what, I don't know if they have great accountants around there.
Speaker 2: When the police first talked to Lawrence, he admitted to having a mobile game addiction, and he denied that he intentionally used the church's funds, but later changed his story to say it's possible he accidentally did it because he wasn't a details guy. Yeah, yeah, what do you mean, I'm getting arrested for tax evasion?
Speaker 1: I'm just a guy.
Speaker 2: Since the stories come out, Lawrence has been removed from his position with the church. Yeah, and it's facing theft related charges. He's currently out on bond after posting two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 5: Thousand dollars bail.
Speaker 2: We're assuming he didn't use the church funds for that too, but honestly, who knows.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure priests have huge retirements.
Speaker 2: This next laser story is out of Home, Sweet Home HQ. If the skittles taste the rainbow ad campaign lives rent free in your head. Now you can live rent free in a Skittles rainbow room.
Speaker 4: I'm confusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say that because the candy companies announced a new promotion where they're offering one person the chance to live in a tiny Manhattan Skittles themed department for free for an entire year.
Speaker 13: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it isn't just any apartment. It's super colorful.
Speaker 4: It's so cute, super cool.
Speaker 5: I'm showing pictures to my co host right now.
Speaker 1: All papers, clouds, the cabinets are all different color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll put the photos up on the Brook and Jeffrey insta stories. But if you're trying to visualize it, one person online said, it looks like the kind of place you could imagine a divorced, middle aged Ronald McDonald.
Speaker 5: Moving into it.
Speaker 1: I love it so much.
Speaker 17: I know it.
Speaker 2: Reminds me of like a nineties children's TV set.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just all colors.
Speaker 1: And shapes, and it's free, three for a year.
Speaker 5: For a whole year. Here's the specifics.
Speaker 2: It's a three hundred and fifty three square foot apartment with one bathroom, not far from Midtown Manhattan and also not.
Speaker 1: Far from your bed.
Speaker 2: If that is well, even at that size, a year free of rent is huge for this location. The building also offers a fitness center, a roof deck, an outdoor grill, laundry room, and bike storage.
Speaker 1: Do they spit a kitchen in three hundred and fifty three square feet? Is that in there too?
Speaker 3: Because?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, okay, okay, yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of skittles decore. So if you have a sugar habit and.
Speaker 2: Are easily tempted, it could be a little too intense for you.
Speaker 4: It's diabetic.
Speaker 2: You can enter for a chance to win now through May twenty first again. Details can be found in the links that we're gonna post on our Insta stories at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: They got to get it up there before they're banned another state.
Speaker 5: This next Lazer stories out of Food News.
Speaker 7: Yay.
Speaker 2: If you're thinking about raining in your diet before summer, this could be the nudge you need. Because May is National Salad Month.
Speaker 7: How real May for the salads?
Speaker 2: A new poll ask people for the strangest things they like to put in their salads.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, listen, people do with anything.
Speaker 5: People got real creative with some of their answers.
Speaker 2: Some of the top weird ones were banana, peanut butter, popcorn, marshmallows, meatballs, beef jerky, and hot dogs.
Speaker 1: So I think that the sound's supposed to be healthy, y'all, marshmallow, hot dog marsh.
Speaker 2: Overall, the number one salad topping is cheese, followed by tomatoes, bacony, croutons.
Speaker 5: And cucumbers.
Speaker 4: Cucumbers are fresh, limon.
Speaker 2: Remember, salads are not automatically healthy. It really depends on what you put in and on them.
Speaker 1: Your description sounds like we can just eat a bowl of caeso and as long as it's got a.
Speaker 5: Garnish on it, chocolate pudding, chocolate sad. See there's a leaf on it.
Speaker 2: The most popular dressing is ranch, followed by Italian and caesar. Now it's for the actual greens. The most popular bass is romaine. If you're just not feeling salads at all, there's this May is also national Hamburger months.
Speaker 1: Ah okay, I mean he's got letus on it, doesn't that.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a separate in between buns. This next Lazer stories out of Holiday Headquarters. Recently, it was World Password Day, when we're supposed to update our passwords and make sure they're secure.
Speaker 5: I hate that, yeah, because like you log in.
Speaker 4: So it forces me to change it everything.
Speaker 7: You forget time.
Speaker 1: I can never remember.
Speaker 2: The most common in the US last year were one, two, three, four, five six.
Speaker 1: I'm all, I'm not even kidding. I'm about there. I'm about just back to that because I'm so frustrated with not ever being able to remember.
Speaker 4: Is that where people go and they give up?
Speaker 1: I think that's what I just realized.
Speaker 5: Here's some other popular ones.
Speaker 2: Password that's a popular one admin, one two, three four.
Speaker 7: And unknown unknown.
Speaker 5: They write in the unknown is the password.
Speaker 4: So I'm such an idiot.
Speaker 2: I go, wow, that was a smart looking up the both common ones. Basically none of those are going to be secure, so don't pick those.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: A company called Hive.
Speaker 2: Systems puts out a graphic showing how long it would take hackers to crack your password, depending on how long and complex it is, and basic passwords that use just numbers, yeah, can pretty much be cracked instantly.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, even a nine digit number would only take them six minutes.
Speaker 1: That's why the two method verification where they show up at your door and they ask you if you will numbers that or not.
Speaker 2: Well, things get a lot more secure as soon as you mix upper and lowercase letters in there, and special symbols like exclamation points.
Speaker 5: Help a lot too.
Speaker 2: If you add all those things along with numbers, a nine character password would take at least four hundred and seventy nine years to crack. I'm secure, Or if you really want to be safe, make it eighteen characters.
Speaker 1: Oh, get out of here.
Speaker 5: That would take nineteen quintillion.
Speaker 1: Years to type it in to break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the advice I gave this guy because his password keeps getting hacked, he refuses.
Speaker 6: To change it.
Speaker 5: Nine six nine, A few exclamation points.
Speaker 1: When we started with a nine, I thought that was tricky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Monday.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's a special holiday where, if you're doing it right, you can barely stand, hardly think, and struggle to get out one coherent.
Speaker 7: Sentence with Hey, how you do it?
Speaker 5: That's a good man.
Speaker 2: That level of brain power is just enough to play another holiday.
Speaker 5: Edition, ruffin Round. It's music trivia with a dash of salt and a slice of lime.
Speaker 13: To go with it.
Speaker 5: We're all gonna play coming up right after this.
Speaker 2: Why am I playing this music right now? For all you hip hop aficionados. This song is by Houdini. It's called five Minutes of Funk, five being the key word in it.
Speaker 5: Cause we're celebrating Cinco de.
Speaker 10: Maya with our favorite game, riff Around, Riffing around, the seemingly simple game where I play.
Speaker 2: The instrumental of a very popular song and my co hosts just have to name the tune without giving attitude to the handsome and charming.
Speaker 1: Host of guy does win or a loser get tequila shots? Hey, Jeffrey, did you want come prepared? Sign it for tacos.
Speaker 4: Over many tacos or something?
Speaker 7: In honor of Sinco.
Speaker 2: Every single song today you hear should have the number five somewhere in the title or maybe in the artist. We're gonna start things off with our resident five year old Alexis.
Speaker 5: Name this tune, Oh Momo number five? Where it is?
Speaker 2: Alexis jumps into the lead with one correct.
Speaker 4: She's had breakfast tequila shops already.
Speaker 2: Remember your motto, it's five o'clock somewhere and name this tune? What and if you could name it within the next ten seconds, that would be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah what.
Speaker 2: No, Jose, the name of the theme song the HAWAII'SI the theme.
Speaker 8: Song to Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, I got a seal latinos everywhere. We'll finally respect you now, Jose, if you can actually name this song, remember somewhere in the title or the artist, brook is freaking out.
Speaker 5: I need to guess, Jose.
Speaker 4: It sounds old summer timbling goes in.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say the good old fifty opinion.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's Dolly Parton working nine to five.
Speaker 5: Nine to five by Dolly Parton.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're all even as we headed around two playing riffing around Cinco de Mayo version where the number five shows up somewhere in the title or in the artist's name. Okay, so Alexis, count on your fingers. If you need help with this, man, you drop this Cinco di Drinco classic.
Speaker 1: Oh and that it's just Casino that does not five in it?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 1: No, that's not I thought it's jes Posino.
Speaker 2: That's not Chico by Lewis Fonsi, because in Spanish that translates to five.
Speaker 1: What cinco is five?
Speaker 5: You know what, chat GPT screwed that one up.
Speaker 11: Chat GPT gets.
Speaker 5: That second point on the board. Can't trust that chat GPT.
Speaker 2: We're on the Brook, Brook you normally take your clothes off to this song, but right now we're.
Speaker 5: Begging you to keep them on and just name it.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Oh uh walk five hundred miles.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be by the proclaimers. Brook. You tied it up to correct.
Speaker 2: Two for alexis one for Jose, But Jose you get to tie it to. This is an old one, but it's been in a ton of movies and there's five somewhere in it.
Speaker 7: Name it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not your turn, Brooks.
Speaker 7: Don't make me take a point away from you.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's my Brook knows it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: We're gonna pass.
Speaker 13: You steal it.
Speaker 1: I don't know it. I don't know five o'clock.
Speaker 5: That was a decent guest. I think it's Jenny's number.
Speaker 1: But eight six seven five three oh nine six.
Speaker 2: Seven three nine need to come out with five songs.
Speaker 5: Brooke jumps into the lead.
Speaker 2: Correct, And if you guys are watching the video, she's physically jumping, yes, very excited.
Speaker 5: Here's where we're at.
Speaker 2: Brooke is in the lead with three, Alexis has two, Jose has one, Chat GPT has negative.
Speaker 5: Come on Jeck Chat GPT riffing around Sinko de mio.
Speaker 2: The magic number is five because it's somewhere in the song title or the artist's name. And Alexis, all of our male listeners have volunteered to give you a low five if you can name this too.
Speaker 5: No, I'm disappointed.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is work work.
Speaker 7: Negative points for trying to jump in.
Speaker 1: How does work?
Speaker 2: That's right that she didn't say the name of the song, like, okay, wow, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just gonna give him all of it.
Speaker 1: And I thought it was my turn.
Speaker 4: I didn't know we could just ask questions the whole time.
Speaker 5: Right, it's a name the segment, it's not five questions. Let's go on to brook Brook.
Speaker 2: You should get this one right, even though it's forty years past your generation.
Speaker 7: Go I got five on it. I got five hard.
Speaker 5: That was way too weaks and that's another classic.
Speaker 4: That's what makes me feel old.
Speaker 5: And so Brook now is in the lead with four. Correct.
Speaker 1: My husband still doesn't understand what that song's about.
Speaker 2: He's so dirky Jose you have one point, but you can use your five finger discount and steal the victory.
Speaker 5: Amazing if you can name this song.
Speaker 4: It's your birthday.
Speaker 7: That's not the name of the song.
Speaker 5: Give it to Alexis. Can you steal it?
Speaker 14: Give it to you?
Speaker 1: Don't want to get into bad I thought it was like.
Speaker 5: Who's it by.
Speaker 18: Club Alexis the winner of ripping around Sinko to Mio.
Speaker 7: You're five seconds of fame starts right now.
Speaker 6: I don't want that, I want.
Speaker 7: And that's it famous.
Speaker 2: That was ripping around Cinco demo on jeff the five Finger Phantom Devo. Your photap is coming.
Speaker 3: Up next week, Brooking Jeffrey. In the morning, we got.
Speaker 2: An email from a listener who says one of her good guy friends has been struggling big time in the dating arena. He's tried apps and blind dates, but nothing is working. So she convinced him to apply to a personalized matchmaking service. Just sent in his application. It's a little bit pricey, but I think well worth it, especially once he meets his matchmaking sense.
Speaker 5: That would be Brooke.
Speaker 14: Go.
Speaker 2: She gets right down to business in your phone tab right now.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, is this Brent du.
Speaker 13: Yeah it is. Who is this?
Speaker 1: My name is Jenna Rossady from Matchmaker's USA. We received your online application to join our program. Oh hi, Hi, So I'm just curious off the bat, what made you apply?
Speaker 14: Well, I've I've been single for a while and I've tried some of the apps and nothing's working. Yeah, so I talked to my friend and they recommended your service, and I thought maybe you can help me.
Speaker 1: You know what, Brent, I'm going to stop you right there and say, I do you see what you're doing? And I'm taken.
Speaker 13: I'm not sure I understand.
Speaker 1: You know what you're doing.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 1: Your profile reads like you're kind of a dud, but much more than that, aren't you?
Speaker 13: My profile seemed like I was a dud. I worked very hard on that.
Speaker 1: Actually, look, you're not the first man or woman for that matter, that's heard this voice and immediately try to run game on me.
Speaker 14: I'm a little confused.
Speaker 1: Are you single? No, I've already told you. But if you're doing this job a long time, so I know when I'm about to be propositioned, and I will say I'm flattered.
Speaker 14: There must be some kind of misunderstanding, ma'am.
Speaker 13: I don't think that's what's going on here.
Speaker 1: I understood completely. You were curious to know what I looked like in a neglige what and you're never gonna know that because, like I said, I'm in a relationship with myself. I realized the best person for me was mere.
Speaker 13: Single or you're not single?
Speaker 1: Oh, you love to pry. It's just like emotionally, physically, intimately, experimentally, it's all about me.
Speaker 13: That sounds very exciting.
Speaker 1: You are right, it's called soloonogamy.
Speaker 13: I've never heard of sologamy.
Speaker 1: Well enough about me though, right, let's get back to you. So I ran your profile through our algorithm and we did find a match. Oh yeah, yeah, she checked all your boxes and I think you are going to be so pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 14: Wow, that's wonderful. Actually, I didn't expect that to happen so quickly.
Speaker 13: Can you tell me anything about her?
Speaker 1: Oh? I sure can. It's me. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 13: That is shocking?
Speaker 9: Ya?
Speaker 14: Don't you work at the matchmaking agency?
Speaker 1: I do, but that doesn't preclude me from seeing others. What am I going to do? Be left out of the fun.
Speaker 14: He just told me that you're sol anogamous and that you're in a relationship with yourself.
Speaker 1: Well that's true, but I'm just not going to tell myself what I'm doing. What I don't know doesn't hurt me.
Speaker 13: I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: Well, the only question I have for you is this Friday? What should I wear? Or what shouldn't I wear?
Speaker 14: Uh? So I signed up for a matchmaking service and then you you told me that I was hitting on you. But then you said that you're dating yourself. And then you said that we matched and that you're cheating on.
Speaker 13: Yourself and we're going to go out on Friday.
Speaker 1: Don't use that word. It's so naughty. I don't want myself to know. Remember, So, where are you taking me?
Speaker 13: Well? I guess we could go for tacos and margaritas.
Speaker 1: I can't let this go on any longer. I have to tell you it's a prank phone call.
Speaker 13: What what? What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: This is actually broke for the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Amy said you'd fall for that. She's the one that set you.
Speaker 13: Up for this, that it was so weird and uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Whatever I heard jealousy in your voice.
Speaker 13: You heard that it should have been should have been fear.
Speaker 3: Wake up every morning was fu taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Why is it best friends always make the worst matchmaking decisions when they're trying.
Speaker 1: To set you up.
Speaker 2: Amen, They're like, what, he's a great guy, he's just got a weird roommate that he's quote unquote legally married to with several children.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, my god, for you, Yes, it's perfect for you. You guys would be so cute, all right.
Speaker 4: Get Oh she's super annoying. Her laugh is so obnock, just like your Do you imagine us.
Speaker 5: Together in an Oh?
Speaker 1: My god.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners had the shock of a lifetime when her friend tried to set her up on a date at the last minute, and as she walked into the bar that night, she knew immediately there had been a terrible will misunderstanding. Still though, she gave it her best shot, and you're gonna hear what happened in a brand new second.
Speaker 7: Date update right after this Second Date up dated.
Speaker 2: If someone sets you up on a blind date, what are the worst possible case scenarios that could come of it, Like in the first five minutes they ask for a job interview at your company.
Speaker 5: I don't know you would like that.
Speaker 1: I mean I thought of worse things in my head than that.
Speaker 4: I didn't even get you, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, driving the getaway car and they do the bank heist.
Speaker 5: I mean they let's say they were really hot.
Speaker 1: I mean the fast driver.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's exciting.
Speaker 2: Maybe you realize halfway through dinner your date is just three children standing on top of each other in a trench coat.
Speaker 4: It happens more than you think. Hey, you guys want to go play Fortnite?
Speaker 5: Yeah, best case scenario for Jose.
Speaker 2: But one of our listeners, Janelle, said she had the worst possible thing happened after she was set up on a date by her friends.
Speaker 1: To us today, Wait, you know worse than the three children I stacked on top of each other.
Speaker 17: It's so much worse than.
Speaker 5: That children, five toddlers, baby duty.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna stop being at your page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's stop guessing. Why don't you tell us the story. You said a friend set you up on a blind date.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so one of my friends at work. She was a happy hour and there's this two guy. Okay, she's sting there and she wanted me to hang out.
Speaker 1: Like a waiter at the happy hour place? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 17: No, he hangs out there, uh Brook.
Speaker 5: Her biggest fantasy is like making away with one of the staff with the help.
Speaker 1: Fantasy or reality job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, who was she trying to set you up with this guy named David?
Speaker 17: She's like, he's a real cutie, so why don't you come up here and try your hands?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is.
Speaker 2: Like a spontaneous date that she set up while she was out somewhere already.
Speaker 12: Yes, So I get up there and one got cute, of course, and we get there and it's.
Speaker 17: Not busy at all. So once I walk inside.
Speaker 9: The door, I immediately lock eyes with It's gotta be David.
Speaker 17: And guess what what I know David already because he has experiment three years ago. Okay, it didn't work out.
Speaker 1: So she knows your type because it is your type because you've dated him before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh no, is that good or bad?
Speaker 13: Awkward?
Speaker 17: Because he kind of just disappeared on me.
Speaker 1: Three years ago.
Speaker 17: He texted me like and just you know, give my walking papers be it text.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, we're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least he messaged you. A lot of guys wouldn't even have need to do that.
Speaker 1: I love how that's still a positive. Like how long did you guys hang out for three years ago?
Speaker 17: Just for a few months? It wasn't long at all, but kind of by you know, wow, my.
Speaker 2: God, So how did your friends find out that this was your ex?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 17: I just kind of blurted it out. I was like, I dted him before.
Speaker 1: Oh what did they say?
Speaker 17: Everybody was just embarrassed for me and the baby was. He kind of pulled me to the side, and he's apologetic. He said he wanted to explain to me the reason, but I didn't want to explanation.
Speaker 1: Like about why he kind of.
Speaker 5: Goes to do Maybe there was a good explanation.
Speaker 17: Was well, kind of just let me know that he wasn't ready for what I was looking for at that time.
Speaker 2: He was busy studying to be a doctor to say babies lives.
Speaker 5: Was something worse than that?
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I think he had other ideas of what he wanted to do with his time or who.
Speaker 5: Probably must don't lie about that stuff.
Speaker 1: But did he do the thing where he comes crawling back because now he's seeing that there isn't anything better in the dating world.
Speaker 5: I can't say that, but what I can say is, after a few drinks we talked about making out.
Speaker 17: I mean talk.
Speaker 5: About making out.
Speaker 1: Who brought that up? I did?
Speaker 17: He was kind of one of my best makeout partners.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's totally disappointed that it was David when you showed up to the bars.
Speaker 2: You can make out, though, but you've gone from like I cannot believe I got set up with this horrible x of mind to talking about you're the best makeout I've ever had to.
Speaker 6: Call him again.
Speaker 15: Isn't it funny how life is?
Speaker 1: What happened that night?
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, guys, I'm going to shock you with this one.
Speaker 5: We made out. You don't say.
Speaker 1: You went back to his place? No?
Speaker 17: No, no, he fits me home in an uber like I was on cloud night?
Speaker 1: Did you want the uber?
Speaker 3: Was he like?
Speaker 1: See she's getting I thought this was your talk.
Speaker 5: Stop asking to make out with me and go home.
Speaker 4: That's a good point. We're saying, congrats. Did you want to leave with him or no?
Speaker 17: Of course I wanted to leave with him.
Speaker 5: Okay, but he was trying to be responsible.
Speaker 1: Did you really think at the end of the night you would hear from him again?
Speaker 6: I was hop Okay, you were.
Speaker 17: People, you know.
Speaker 5: Have you tried to contact him after that night happened?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many times? And at what time of day?
Speaker 17: Whole history has a repeat hisself?
Speaker 1: Apparently I didn't learn my lessons because he's not responding again. Back to this, And why do you think us calling him is going to make a difference, because we're not her Brot'll be honest, like, I'll learned something from this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're still willing to give this guy a chance after he ditched you not once, but twice, or this.
Speaker 4: Will end the cycle?
Speaker 1: Yes, that toxic?
Speaker 5: No, don't trust the gen Z on what's toxic?
Speaker 1: And nine about gen Zer, But don't trust Alexis.
Speaker 4: She just takes it four boys before we started.
Speaker 5: But you know what, we're gonna try this. We're gonna do this for you, Janelle.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call David, who's technically one of your exes, and see if he's willing to give it another shot with you.
Speaker 1: I hope he remember to what's happening.
Speaker 5: We're doing it with our second date. Update right after this hold on second date update if.
Speaker 2: You're just joining us, this is definitely an unusual one for second date because we're kind of reaching out to Janelle's ex boyfriend David.
Speaker 1: I don't like there's a kind of about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the return of the Dave because they did it didn't three years ago when he suddenly ditched her over text message.
Speaker 5: So fast forward to today.
Speaker 2: At a random happy hour, they accidentally got set up on a blind date, which of course was very awkward when it first started, but after an apology and a lot of drinks, they were in a much better place. Yes, even ended up making out again that night, which.
Speaker 1: I mean, your ex is at a bar. Who isn't gonna make out with him? It's how you say hi?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now Dave is being shady once again, shocking, so we need to call him and figure out once and for all what's going on?
Speaker 5: Brooke, what are your thoughts on this situation?
Speaker 1: I just think you know already what's going on, But I get it, like it's the chase, It's why doesn't he want you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: That is totally understandable.
Speaker 17: I'll member now unless I a how about that?
Speaker 5: Okay? Well, the two times that he told you.
Speaker 1: Know, she wants an answer that he hasn't given her yet.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, okay, maybe a radio show calling will help give him some clarity and realize that you're the one for him.
Speaker 1: What Okay, I still think there's something there. You're hoping he grew up?
Speaker 2: Okay, the dating world has really messed you up? All right, Well, you know what, there's some optimism in the room. Let's give David a call, see if he answers. I'm down the number right now. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk to David. Yeah, hey, David.
Speaker 5: Brace yourself because you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, David, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: What is allowed allowed?
Speaker 4: That's required, it's part of our show.
Speaker 5: As long as I tell you that you're on the radio, then it's legal.
Speaker 1: Not funny, very easy, Yeah, okay with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll beep stuff if you swear.
Speaker 2: This is a segment that we do call the second Date Update, where we try to help one of our listeners reconnect with somebody that they had like a romantic spark with. Okay, okay, and this is a woman that you actually have a lot of history with, but you met up with her again recently at a happy hour named Janelle.
Speaker 13: Oh what does she want?
Speaker 1: Oh so that was like, what does she want? I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I mean the short answer is like, what she wants is to see you again.
Speaker 12: Oh no, yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, were you excited to see Janelle when she walked into the bar?
Speaker 12: No, that was super awkward.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: In her defense, she was like, oh no, I've dated him, and it was like it.
Speaker 4: Was awkward for her too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: It was awkward for the people in the room too, when they all found out that you guys had been together before.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, I mean totally understandable. But Janelle said that after you guys hung out for a little bit, after you had a few drinks, things seemed to settle in more.
Speaker 5: And you even apologize to her.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I mean, like, I don't like that I semi ghosted her. It's not like who I am, you know, I.
Speaker 13: Don't mean to do that.
Speaker 1: It's kind of what you're doing again, because.
Speaker 5: Well, he doesn't like that he's doing it again. Yeah, it just doesn't make him feel good, but he will do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean, like, look, I know I told her I had grown, but like, I don't want to date.
Speaker 1: Wait, you don't want to date or you don't want to date her.
Speaker 13: Just in general honestly.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I mean she I know she wants to like settle down and have kids, and like we talked about that, but I don't. I don't want to do that. I don't I want to be single. I don't want to disappoint her or anything.
Speaker 1: I think that is like such a hard thing for women to accept. And I don't like I think that you're totally valid for saying that, but like so many times and could be like, well, but if you.
Speaker 12: Do it with me, I can see us having plans on a Friday night and then a buddy calls me up and is like, hey, you want to go hang out, And honest to god, I would ditch her.
Speaker 17: It's an unfortunate circumstance.
Speaker 12: It's like I won't make her a priority.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's because it's mature that you know that, and you can like say that.
Speaker 1: But it's not mature that the.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't care, Like whatever judgment call you want to put on it, it's who I am and I admit it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody says who they are, you gotta believe.
Speaker 4: Them absolutely, at least you're saying it. Some people just ghost. Well he was doing was?
Speaker 12: I mean?
Speaker 17: I was going to I was going to text her, but honestly, that.
Speaker 1: Classic text love that thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to ruin your plans to text her and ditch her, but we need to tell you she's actually on the phone right now. She's wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Different energy than I thought.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you Jane Janel?
Speaker 5: You heard what he was saying.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah?
Speaker 17: I mean, but what could be so bad? David? Like me?
Speaker 13: Wait?
Speaker 6: Wait, are you not listening to him?
Speaker 17: I mean, if you wanted to hang out with your friends while we were hanging out, all you have to do is say so you can do that?
Speaker 6: Oh God, do.
Speaker 17: Seriously?
Speaker 5: Like you don't mean that?
Speaker 17: Yes, it will be no issue.
Speaker 1: No, this is like I'm a cool girl, walk all over me, Like, you don't do that.
Speaker 17: I'm trying to be understanding.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be understanding with someone who will make you also a priority, yes, who respects you.
Speaker 12: I mean, and you want to be understanding. Understand that, Like, I don't want this?
Speaker 17: What exactly don't you want more.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 12: You want to be in a serious relationship and I'm looking for a very much more casual thing.
Speaker 17: I don't think you get it. I have a lot of I can put on.
Speaker 1: That's a good spin. That's a good spin.
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, I don't know if you like who I am.
Speaker 5: I really don't.
Speaker 17: Oh what, You're an awesome person. What is there not to like about you? I don't want to do that though.
Speaker 13: I don't want to look.
Speaker 12: I buy my toenails and I eat them, all rightails, I eats, and I put the big ones.
Speaker 5: I keep the big ones in a little box. Oh god, But.
Speaker 1: The flexibility it takes to be able to do that.
Speaker 17: We'll just work on healthier coping mechanisms.
Speaker 6: Like that's all huhying to.
Speaker 4: Get rid of her.
Speaker 17: There's so many other things that you can chew on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's politely as possible, trying to steer you away from a bad situation.
Speaker 1: But I was, to her credit, I don't know. When we talked to her, she didn't say she wanted a big relationship with you. She literally said, I just want a couple more dates.
Speaker 17: Like yeah, no, I don't. I don't think you will eating baby or anything with you. I don't think you get me like I'm super lazy.
Speaker 12: Okay, like I pee in the backyard instead of going upstairs to go pee in the bathroom.
Speaker 8: Part of.
Speaker 17: Nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 1: What God, pick up your self respect, it's on the floor.
Speaker 17: I'm not a quitter. I am not a quitter. O.
Speaker 2: Janelle is still into this after the toe biting and the backyard defecating. We love to send you guys on another date that we would pay for.
Speaker 4: And he'll probably did you halfway through for his friends.
Speaker 2: I know the answer is yes from Janelle already, so we needed to get an answer from you, David, would you be willing to see her one more time?
Speaker 17: No? You know you're great, Seriously, you're it's not you with me.
Speaker 4: I just don't want classic.
Speaker 2: Well, Jane, I'm sorry, but it looks like we're not going to be able to set you up again with your ex boyfriend.
Speaker 4: That is the universal That's that's.
Speaker 5: The title of Janelle's entire dating life.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I have a lot of hope going did you?
Speaker 1: I mean, before we even called him, I didn't have hope.
Speaker 2: What rekindling an old relationship worked for j Lo and Ben affleck Fire. They look absolutely miserable whenever they're around each other, and both of their careers are tanking at an astronomical rate. Together, Jeffrey, but they found the Duncan Donuts commercial together broke.
Speaker 1: That is literally the only good thing that happened, and that was mostly because Matt Damon was I was just gonna.
Speaker 2: Say that they could have had their Matt Damon Duncan Donuts commercial moment.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately someone wasn't willing to give it a chance.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 1: What a stickler he is for his own ideal.
Speaker 4: So you lost me the analogy. So she needs to date Matt Damon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we'll go with that conclusion.
Speaker 5: I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Reach out to him next, and we can reach out to anybody that you want us to. You just have to call us and we'll call that person not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcast A.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: You know, when I realized that's kind of disappointing. I've never been asked to sing the national anthem at any public event.
Speaker 5: Ever.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, it's even sadder as I have and you haven't.
Speaker 7: Brooked it.
Speaker 5: What was it like a middle school soccer game?
Speaker 1: It was high school. It was a high school game. I'm going to tell you they didn't ever ask me back.
Speaker 7: But just the fact that you did it.
Speaker 5: I haven't been asked.
Speaker 2: At a baseball game or a middle school graduation, not even at my uncle's adult brisk.
Speaker 5: Standing there in silence, that's.
Speaker 4: A weird place to do the anthem.
Speaker 5: Well, you don't have some ceremony beforehand.
Speaker 13: I just I know.
Speaker 2: The only way I can make this happen is to put my voice in my body on tape and send it out to different venues all over the country.
Speaker 5: You say it like that, We're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get the camera's rolling because I want to sing the Star Spangled banner at next year's Florida Man Games.
Speaker 1: That is patriotic.
Speaker 5: That's my dream.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start getting there with my brand new song of the week that comes.
Speaker 5: Up right after this. It is time for my song of the week.
Speaker 2: And if you're watching a video right now, you might have a clue what I'm gonna be singing about here at Brook and Jeffrey on TikTok YouTube.
Speaker 5: It's Facebook like, followed and tag a friend.
Speaker 1: But I thought you're gonna sing about the road that you stole from whatever resort you were.
Speaker 5: Just it's gonna soften the inside.
Speaker 2: But look, if you can't see me, consider yourself lucky because you'd also be noticing brooking my giant light saber. Never seen one like this before, huh, Because I'm Jewish.
Speaker 5: That's when I don't have one thing to say to you. May the Fourth be with you.
Speaker 2: Because May the Fourth sure sounds a lot like May the Force. So whether you identify as a space invading villain or an intergalactic rebel hero, that's right.
Speaker 5: May fourth is Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Day, Yeah, which explains while you're wearing grogu ears.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought their Yoda years.
Speaker 1: Baby, that's that's baby yodas.
Speaker 16: Me not a big enough Star Wars all.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's like Yoda baby yoa.
Speaker 5: I mean this.
Speaker 2: Holiday is bigger than you even think. Hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. It's gonna be dressing up as their favorite characters from a galaxy far far, and.
Speaker 1: I am such a new fan.
Speaker 2: Brook never ever watched Star Wars until recently, and now you're all about it.
Speaker 1: My kids got it in. I've only seen the first three films. We're working our way up.
Speaker 5: Both are the best ones.
Speaker 1: I watched Mandalorian too. It's so awesome.
Speaker 2: Everybody is welcome in the Star Wars universe because this is the one day you can let that inner nerd out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can say, I.
Speaker 2: Don't care if you're sitting next to me on the bus and I'm wearing a Mandalorian helmet. Okay, this is who I am, and I'm pretending to force chokey with my mind. Oh but today you can be yourself. If Star Wars is your thing, go ahead and embrace it. And I wanted to give all the Star Wars ians out there a song they could be proud of. So in honor of May the fourth, instead of doing the hit song sweater Weather, it's Young Jeffrey's Light Saber Waiver.
Speaker 1: I like it because you I hope there's sound effects.
Speaker 5: We'll see all right. I'm gonna point when I'm ready.
Speaker 15: If you mentioned Star Wars man, my heart explodes like all Durams. I've had these sheets since I was ten with Luke and Ley in my bed. I pretend playing with my lightsaber. Now, don't be a hater, or we'll fight it out like I'm a Tusken Raider. And when I see automatic stars, wave.
Speaker 7: My hand like I'm using.
Speaker 15: The falls Star Wars all I think about because I'm.
Speaker 7: A rebel scalp singles, no spouse live in mom's house.
Speaker 15: Must chicks creep out my tricks? When I use my mouth lightsaber battles, I make all the sounds drum.
Speaker 7: This ched a flow? Would uppy to be my mom's bathroom? Whoa still?
Speaker 15: I went to work as a Blazer from a young age. Myn force awaits every birthday had Star Wars. Cake space warped my mind to the dark side after way too much sugar intake. Yeah, because the next wing shape got pew pew pew.
Speaker 5: I'm a vanity place. My best friend helping me navigate in the backseat little Lego BB eight.
Speaker 15: Yeah on May the fourth party, like the victory on indoor, ain't cosplay.
Speaker 7: It's the Norsies.
Speaker 3: Aren't the nerds?
Speaker 7: You're looking a sequels out.
Speaker 15: Lung lines, big crowds, soars up, cakes down, face pain, No clowns, lay us buns around a Wookie rolls in on a hubble round jab Atosampishet, the pounds, Whool just calling my phone.
Speaker 7: And you're.
Speaker 9: My star war steam rings Wold and my voicemel greeting sounds like Vader so so makey enjoy Jedi ming, had us up talk with my.
Speaker 7: Joy trash container.
Speaker 2: Listener to you gotta go wow because someday I'd like to have a girlfriend.
Speaker 7: Duh.
Speaker 5: No, of course they think you're cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a great conversation starter too, but then it gets weird because we start making out and then you're over there and making noises.
Speaker 7: And shaking and stuff.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 5: No, it's creepy. Plus you're kind of shaped like a you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you play the Layah hologram and the girl thinks that you're gonna videotape. I know, ie program due to always work, but that's not the point.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: By the way, the hyperdrives on the fritz again you think it good?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 18: Thanks sr too, And I don't know world why I keep talking in Yoda quol World spoke.
Speaker 11: Guts and freaks out my numbers cold. Can't you see this death surmo guy who don't be fearful cuse bear leads to anger.
Speaker 15: I cook my yolks and light You're smoked with the beam from my saber.
Speaker 5: Who I am such nurse.
Speaker 1: Some deep references if you know you know? I guess I feel like you made a wrong move with R two D two though kicking him out is should he be my wing man? I just think he's your best option.
Speaker 5: Yeah, alright, just don't look at us when stuff's happening. R two.
Speaker 2: That's a song that we text in seventy five nine To tell us what you thought about it. We'll post a video up on all of our socials at broken Jeffrey with the lyrics there Yeah, yes, Happy Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Day, Brooke and Jeffrey In the morning, I.
Speaker 2: Got a text seventy five nine two that says, both of my kids are dancing to your song right now?
Speaker 5: Is there Star Wars underwear? It's hilarious? Can we text a picture into the station? God, do not text.
Speaker 2: Underwear photos of your children to us or to.
Speaker 6: Anybody, please, But did they not take.
Speaker 7: You missed it?
Speaker 2: Instead of singing the hit song sweater Weather, I sang my own version called light Saber waiver promised because of May the fourth aka the Force.
Speaker 5: Be with you for Star Wars Day.
Speaker 13: Don't want to them.
Speaker 2: Encourage everyone out there to let their NERD flags fly. And we got some other texts coming into seventy five nine two Brook, What are you seeing this?
Speaker 1: One says my family. My pets will be out in full force.
Speaker 14: Get it.
Speaker 1: Celebrating May fourth this year. I have a tabby cat named Obie, podcat Noby, Oh okay, podcast scratch, and a border calling name jab of the Butt.
Speaker 5: Oh wow. Well, all of your pets hate you spoil her if you missed it.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear it again, though, it's going to be up at the Brook and Jeffery YouTube on our Facebook, instag and our TikTok all of it at Brook and Jeffrey. Go check it out, share it with a fellow Star Wars nerd Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: In the morning, we have a.
Speaker 5: Brand new players in the game.
Speaker 7: His name is Ace.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Ace just feels like a regal name.
Speaker 2: But I have heard Ace is a man of very few words, and we're going to prove it right now by asking Ace, how are you today?
Speaker 17: Fine?
Speaker 7: Ah, would you care to elaborate on.
Speaker 13: That ace like, now I'm doing good.
Speaker 17: I just woke up.
Speaker 5: Oh they could write an entire book on that. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: How many hours asleep did you get? Ace?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 17: Wow?
Speaker 1: I love that?
Speaker 14: Love? That?
Speaker 4: Is that natural? Or do you take nine quill or something?
Speaker 13: No, that's natural?
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm so naturally well rested and well spoken to.
Speaker 5: So let's send Brook out of the studio. He really is.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get right to the action here and go over the rules really quick. You got thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know what, you could say past but you have to beat Brooke outright if.
Speaker 5: You want to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good luck, my man. Your time starts now. Francois He was born on this day in eighteen seventy four. Was he known as the father of modern what printing, pasta or perfumes?
Speaker 5: In bowling? When it takes two turns to knock down all of the pins? What's it called?
Speaker 2: Former Playboy owner Hugh Hefner paid seventy five thousand dollars to be buried next to what iconic actress. The Netflix show Stranger Things takes place in.
Speaker 17: Which decade the nineties.
Speaker 2: Highland Games are a tradition in which European country.
Speaker 17: I don't know pass.
Speaker 2: He will respectfully pass on his last guest. He doesn't need that answer. Let's bring Brook back into the studio. So Ace, I'm always curious to know whenever we have new people.
Speaker 5: Why do you like this show? That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Why do you ask it like he should?
Speaker 5: What's wrong with you? Why are you into this?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And he's like, I don't know. You guys called me?
Speaker 5: Why do you like us?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 17: Bro, I don't know. All you guys are pretty funny, like you guys are well round.
Speaker 10: I guess she just calls fat because that's what I heard.
Speaker 6: I heard.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling out a little bit wider in the hips these days. Thanks for noticing that.
Speaker 5: Hit all our insecurities, right, Ace strikes again. Yes, let's get to Brook Brook.
Speaker 13: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Good luck?
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. Francois Cody was born on this day in eighteen seventy four. Was he known as the father of modern what printing, pasta or perfume. A perfume in bowling when it takes two turns to knock down all the pins what's it.
Speaker 5: Called two turns?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Spare?
Speaker 2: Former Playboy owner Hugh Hefner paid seventy five thousand dollars to be buried next to what iconic actress. The Netflix show Stranger Things takes place in which decade? Eighties Highland games are a tradition in which European country.
Speaker 5: That's all the time that we have for this round. Let's go to the scoreboard to see how you both did. With Jose what I need to do here?
Speaker 1: Have me a bunch of affairs, have one affair firstdays?
Speaker 4: You got one correct.
Speaker 1: Today and he was a golfer. That would be a great score.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, a record score.
Speaker 4: And Brook you got five.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, tough day to player today.
Speaker 2: So let's go over the answers for everybody. Francois Cody was born on this day in eighteen seventy four. He's known as the modern day father of perfume. Cody Perfume Company. It's a multinational corporation.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 4: I don't wear perfume, so yeah, I just drink it too.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: In bowling, when it takes two turns to knock down all the pins, that's called a spare.
Speaker 1: That hurt my brain I don't know what like when I was like, wait, what is it?
Speaker 2: Who needs two turns to knock down all the pins that can strike? Former play by owner who hafter paid seventy five grand to be buried next to Marilyn Monroe. Stranger Things takes place in the eighties and the Highland Games is a tradition in Scotland where they play old Scottish games and dance and play and do bagpipes all the Scottish stuff.
Speaker 5: Nice so ace.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately it was not enough to beat Brooke today. The good news is just for playing you get a fifty dollars Melting Pot gift card where you can enjoy quality time together while creating unforgettable memories at Melting Pot with a romantic four course experience every Thursday for a thursd date complete with rose petals and candles. Make a reservation today at melting Pot dot com.
Speaker 13: Nice all right, sweet.
Speaker 1: Final words for us.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you mopped the flour with me. I don't think I'm a listening to anymore.
Speaker 1: You drove ase away, ye, don't you listening to the show makes you dumber?
Speaker 5: You can come back and play anytime you want. Okay, man, thank you I'll take them. Yeah, we act to do win brace Bucks same time.
Speaker 3: On Monday, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Wing