Speaker 1: And it was a riot.
Speaker 2: That's the only way to describe what was happening at Columbia University, and a president at Columbia that protected and defended the rioters till the very bitter.
Speaker 1: End these outside agitators.
Speaker 2: Is now how the university's trying to describe them, when just days ago they were saying that they were students that had a right to protest. Now they're trying to distance themselves from these radicals. Charlie Hurt on Fox News Channel said this about the protesters at Columbia taking over buildings, breaking into the buildings. Here's what he said. It was a very interesting perspective riots.
Speaker 3: We were told they were mostly peaceful. Well, are they going to claim that this is peaceful tonight too. Are they going to say it's okay for students to take over an entire hall at a university the way they took it over violently last night.
Speaker 4: Well, let's be clear if these were Trump supporters shutting down an American campus, or these were Republican voters who were behaving like this on an American campus, hectoring students for their for their for their religion. This that none of this would be happening. This would all be wiped clean immediately. The FBI would be on the scene, everybody would be arrested and thrown under the jail.
Speaker 1: It would be a whole different scene.
Speaker 4: But of course, you know, I think the probably the most important thing that we will remember from history when we look back at this at this time is the degree to which Democrats, from Joe Biden all the way down to rogue local prosecutors have taken the Justice Department and taken the system of justice and used it as a political weapon to go after all of their political enemies. And in this case, of course, you know, Democrats are they made a deal with the devil. They're desperate to get these these urchins here, these loud mouse these punks. They're they're desperate to get them to vote for them. So they're they're they're in a real pickle and they don't know what to do. Obviously, you know, they should be charged to the fullest extent, just the way we all said should happen for January sixth, anybody that was trespassing, charging with trespassing.
Speaker 5: The problem is they went.
Speaker 4: So far beyond that in charging with all this other stuff for which there was no evidence whatsoever, and they've they've tortured, you know, what they put these people through is just astonishing.
Speaker 6: But the other thing I'd like to say is that you know, the Columbia University has a massive endowment, it's tax free. They they created the situation, they allowed this to happen. They I can only imagine what this operation is costing the tax payers of New York City. I hope that that Columbia University will be forced to pay NYPD for every dime of overtime of person now everything, every cost that they're having to spend for this should come right out of Columbia's endowment.
Speaker 2: By the way, he's right, and if Republicans, we're doing this of conservatives, if Magus supporters were there, if these were Trump supporters shutting down a campus, this will be it would be wiped clean immediately. The FBI would be on the scene and everybody would be arrested. The point that he's making there is spot on about this. It's not only that Elizabeth Warren, right, she's a radical on the left. She just went on MSNBC and she was asked about the campus protesters. You know what she said, She defended them saying this is freedom of speech.
Speaker 7: Listen, and Senator the Biden campaign certainly stressing that it was Trump appointed justices who did indeed overturn Roe v.
Speaker 5: Wade.
Speaker 7: Want to get your take on these campus protests we have that have consumed the news the last few days. Columbia University, a few schools out west and many in the heartland as well. Your thoughts on the appropriateness of what the administrations have done, whether what the police have done.
Speaker 5: And you know, as someone.
Speaker 7: Who has noted has a lot of progressive and support, are you concerned progressives that young voters are going to because of this issue, are going to break away from the president.
Speaker 8: I am grateful to live in a country where people can raise their voices, where they can make them heard by their elected officials. It's crucial that any efforts at protest be peaceful and that no individuals be attacked. No one should feel threatened. This is what open dialogue is about. But we need to keep the focus on what's happening in the Middle East, and we need to bring real pressure to bear here. Look, it is time for a ceasefire.
Speaker 1: It is a long pass by the way.
Speaker 2: You notice that she doesn't answer question, right, why I ask liberals a question where they have to actually and you notice that's called pandering.
Speaker 1: Why did she pander that way?
Speaker 2: Because she knows that she needs these people to vote for her extremist, radical views and she can't have Democrats not show up. So notice she doesn't condemn any of what's happening at Columbia University, taking over buildings, breaking into buildings, like, none of that is she going to condemn. And the reason why is very clear, and that is because the same reason why Joe Biden hadn't come out and condemned what's happening. Joe Biden has not come out and condemned any of this. Joe Biden has not come out and said, hey, this is wrong. Joe Biden has not said for these outside agitators to go home. He has not called for accountability of the students that were involved. He has not called for people from outside the country that are part of this to be held accountable for what they are doing.
Speaker 1: None of this. There's been zero.
Speaker 2: Accountability or calls for accountability from those that are involved. And that is part of the biggest problem here because they they are so afraid. Okay, they are terrified that young voters are not going to show up. And so that's exactly why I was with the Wards, like, well, we need to be this is about the ceasefire, right, It's about the ceasefire.
Speaker 1: And then she says this about freedom of speech.
Speaker 8: It's time for a ceasefire. But we need to be pushing on the parties to get that ceasefire. And we have got to open up for humanitarian aid. Literally thousands of people are on the brink of starvation. We've got to get that humanitarian aid. And it's time to get these hostages back home. They have been held for months and months and months. No one knows their medical condition. They've got to be brought back home. And then the biggest part, the United States must give a big shove to both parties to come to the negotiating table work out a two state solution where two people can live side by side with dignity, with self respect, with self determination. That's how we need to move forward.
Speaker 1: Kumbai.
Speaker 2: Yeah for you there by the way, the last thing you said, love that idea. How do you do that when you have people that are coming in as paragliders and cutting off the heads of infant children and baking them in ovens and kidnapping you. Like, I love the idea of living side by side.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: But I'm also not a moron, right, I'm not a I'm not an idiot. And I know what the other side did. I know what they did when they attacked. I know what they did, and they still have the hostages right now, months and months later, as she described. But she's like, but let's live side by side.
Speaker 1: I mentioned this.
Speaker 2: If you live next door to somebody and every six months, they just randomly, like you know, fire bombed your house, would you think that that's coexisting in a good way? Would you describe that as something a scenario that you could live with, Like if you're just randomly at your house and every six months somebody just started shooting at your house, would would you stay there and live in that scenario? Because that's what she's saying is coexisting looks like because they fire rockets indiscriminately on a regular basis into Israel, looking to kill anyone that they can kill, Like they're not there's not a target, Okay, it's just it's just killed somebody. Any any any dead Jew is a good Jew right, any any any Jew you can kill. That's what the quote other side, and she's like, well, we do see that they need define a two state solution where well, then don't have your government be run by terrists. There's an idea for you don't have a government that is actually run by terrorists. Mayor Adams, I love how they change their narratives so quickly. In New York City said quote, A substantial notumber of agitators have come from outside of Columbia. Wait, wait, well then, why did you guys say a couple of days ago that this was just freedom of speech and students on campus have a right to freedom of speech. What you knew it was outside agitators. You could find it online. They're paying people to be there. They're coming from Democrats, Democrats that are funding this, George Soros type people that are funding it. This is not hard, folks, this is incredibly simple. Take a listen to Mayor Adams now pointing the finger like, oh, well, this isn't really the students at Columbia, which, by the way, there was a ton of students involved. Don't think for a moment that I'm going to let them get away with this. Where They're like, oh, no, this is actually all outside people. Know what it was a ton of students. Yes they're outside agitators, but the students were absolutely leading this at Columbia.
Speaker 9: Listen, I just clarify the forty to fifty.
Speaker 4: Are they people that you.
Speaker 9: Know to be professional agitators you just refer to them as children? Are they students? So just so we know, how many of the people that you arrested last night were professional agitators who had no affiliation with Columbia University and how many of them were students who are at Columbia University.
Speaker 10: A great question, and we are sorting through that now. It has been indicated by Columbia when they reached out that the substantial substantial number were outside influences of you know you when you look at the wearing all black, covering your faces completely.
Speaker 5: Uh, those methodologies.
Speaker 10: You know, our intelligence divisions study this type of behavior across the globe. We just had a team that just returned from overseas looking at some of the methods that are being used with these actions. There's no coincidence that you're seeing these young people across the globe being trained with the same type of individuals.
Speaker 5: And that's what that is our concern.
Speaker 10: It's more than just Columbia, it's more than what we saw at City College.
Speaker 5: This needs to be a clarion call for our country.
Speaker 10: These are our children and we can't allow them to be radicalized like children are being radicalized across the globe.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, So, so now you're saying that the students that you're arresting are are not actually students. You're saying they're radicals, they're being radicalized. But you let them do this for days on end because you were claiming it was the students and they had a right to free speech. I am so confused here on what's actually happening now, Like which one is it? Are they radicals that are students or are these outside agitators? Now the basically half of the student body at Columbia, more than half, actually.
Speaker 1: Are from overseas.
Speaker 2: They're foign students at Columbia. So is there going to be any repercussions for them if you come in and you're an outside agitator?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a fair question.
Speaker 2: I just want to know five three five ninety seven three two five three five ninety seven three two And of course they try to downplay the fact that they are like taking over buildings and total anarchy by saying their children right like their.
Speaker 1: Children and listen to this. He's challenged again about this.
Speaker 2: Here's another example of this BS ONMBC News.
Speaker 11: Just American Morning. Can you talk to the series of events yesterday that led Columbia to ask you and the NYPD to step in here and help out with the situation at Hamilton Hall. I know it was a last resort, probably for you, but also for the university. What brought you there.
Speaker 10: Really the team Commissioner Kban and his team. They were speaking with Columbia representatives and leadership as well as the other colleges, and it was clear after I was breathed, probably two days ago, the extent of the outside agitatus asked Columbia University indicated in the letter to us that we had to do something, and I really encouraged them to look at this for the safety of the students, for the facility.
Speaker 5: And then after.
Speaker 10: Breaking into Hamilton Hall, I think that the leadership at the school realized that we are concern was actually materializing and we had to really move in for the safety of those children's and do it in the right way, and I see the independent observers saw how the police department deploy and use precision tactics with minimum amount of force because these were children, to make sure that we could really eradicate the problem that we were seeing.
Speaker 2: So we could eradicate the problem we're seeing. So we went from it's not a problem to it's a problem, a problem that we have to eradicate, to then the university saying they need our help because their buildings are being in essence torched, and so now we've got a problem. We've got to eradicate the problem. But it's not the fault of the students, even though it's clearly the fault of the students on campus that allowed for this to happen. NBC News Joy saying this as they were going into the building that have been occupied by the protesters and some of them students. NBC News is Winter all right, saying this while it was happening.
Speaker 12: Listen carefully now on the phone is NBC News Tom Winter, who's been in touch with police as we're watching this unfold live on air, Tom, what can you tell us about how the police are approaching this situation and any directives or request they've gotten from Columbia University.
Speaker 13: Yeah. So, as NBC News was first to report about half an hour ago, Columbia University transmitted a letter to the City of New York authorizing the New York City Police Department and the city to enter its premises to make any sort of rest that they deem appropriate or a system in any way. Colomba University is obviously private property in the City of New York, So the PD just can't go on there for whatever reason just because they feel like it. They either needs to be a crime in progress or a complaint, or they need to be asked on for the uh, they need to be asked on. I want to point out a couple of things you've been looking at. If you're looking at a red flashing light on some of these officers, that's a body worn camera. You've got a number of different types of police officers that are going in on this specialty vehicle that the NYPD has. Primarily the initial officers that entered are part of the NPT's Emergency Services Unit. So there's a saying that when you know, when the rest of us need help, we call police. When the police need help, they call Emergency Services Unit, and so the officers that initially went in are part of the su The officers that are going in now you've seen some with cameras. They're there to document the arrests, to document evidence what they've seen inside. And they obviously have the flexi cuffs, they have the bulletproof vests and the ballistic helmets as well. So their job is to go in there the students. They are likely going to face, at a minimum, trespassing charges, burglary charges, potentially vandalism charges. And it's what's happening inside that hall Alex that has law enforcement so concerned. Primarily they're concerned that there's a group of anarchist type individuals who have no particular ideology. It's pro Palestine today, pro Israel tomorrow, pro another cause next week. But their main goal, police say, is to try to find a way to engage and engage in a violent way to fight police. And that's what has police so concerned.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: Now we're concerned about who they are, what they believe in. Before we were standing with solidarity. We think that they are. This is freedom of speech. We stand with them no matter what. But what hold on. So now that you're going in, now you say, well, we're concerned. They don't actually have an ideology, they're just anarchists, and so therefore it's okay to arrest them because they're just anarchists.
Speaker 1: Which one is it?
Speaker 2: The narrative changing very quickly on the campus of Columbia University. Early on, what it was was actually pretty simple. Early on they said it was students just you know, standing up for what they believe in, protesting against Jews, right, very normal, just not a big deal, standing up for what you believe in. And then the narrative changed drastically. Now, how did it change and why did it change? Is the question that we should all be asking the question about how it changes, because now what they need is a need for the narrative to change. They need the narrative to change drastically because the students have become radicals. The students have become pretty extreme. These students are now breaking into buildings, taking over the campus. So that's obviously a problem, right, like a pretty big problem.
Speaker 1: So listen again to.
Speaker 2: NBC News trying to change the narrative about these students.
Speaker 13: They have the bullet proofsts and the ballistic helmets as well. So their job is to go in there the students. They are likely to face, at a minimum, trespassing charges, burglary charges, potentially vandalism charges. And it's what's happening inside that hall, Alex that has law enforcement so concerned. Primarily, they're concerned that there's a group of anarchist type individuals who have no particular ideology. It's pro Palestine today, pro Israel tomorrow, pro another cause next week. But their main goal, police say, is to try to find a way to engage and engage in a violent way to fight police. And that's what has police so concerned because they're worried about the students that these individuals co opted. It's their belief and the word that they could get hurt, and they're certainly worried about the lives of their officers. So that's really the concern. That was the reason why you had the press conference earlier today, and that's why you've seen such an escalation over the last eight to twelve hours. And police is concerned about what's going on at Columbia University, so that's why you're seeing the response tonight.
Speaker 12: Tom Do they have any evidence that there are anarchists involved here or is that just kind of a general general concern. Just I'm looking at the police entering the hall from the window of Hamilton Hall from a ladder truck. It is a number of officers, and I'm just wondering whether they've given any sort of intelligence on how and why they believe there might be outside groups involved in this.
Speaker 13: Sure So, I spoke to the head of NYPD's Intelligence and counter Terrorism Program, get the Commissioner, Rebecca Winer, earlier tonight. Chilson was part of the press conference. They say they've uncovered evidence, and they've produced video and evidence that they've recovered through security cameras, through social media posts online from inside that hole, and they say they've identified a number of individuals that are well known to the MIPD over a number of years that they believe are definitely inside of there. They don't know the totality of the individuals that are inside.
Speaker 14: Of there, but they say they have hard evidence that these people are there. Time will tell you see who's rust and we'll see what comes on in there, We'll see what images we see. We'll always report and our job and the o IPD understands this is too. We never take anybody's word to face value.
Speaker 13: But knowing the people and the type of investigators involved, they do have a really good handle on these groups, and so they absolutely believe this is not a theory. They say they have hard evidence if that's the case, and that's why they're so concerned about this whole and that's why they were so concerned about the developments there today.
Speaker 12: All right, well, they are certainly responding based on non intelligence right now, NBC, I love this.
Speaker 2: Right good, Yeah, they're responding. Okay, Well, now that we know that it's not actually the students, we're going to change the narrative completely.
Speaker 1: And now that we think.
Speaker 2: It's not students, well then now you can go in there and you can shut them down. Now it's now it's totally fine to do this. Right where's the president on all this, Congressman Eagles asking that question.
Speaker 15: Well, we haven't heard a word from President Biden. I know that the White House said that they are condemning anti Semitism, but we have yet to hear from the President on any of this. What do you think the president can do in the face of this, Well, you know, actually.
Speaker 5: Speak louder than words.
Speaker 16: You know, it would be great if he would speak firmly to these university presidents to say enough is enough. Look, if this was a Christian group, if this was a conservative group.
Speaker 5: They would be shut down immediately.
Speaker 16: But because these are liberals, and because it's anti Semitic, nothing being done about it. And so we've got to defend our ally Israel. Look, they were attacked on October seventh. And if you're defending Hamas, you're defending the rape of children, and that obviously is unconscionable.
Speaker 2: That's your you know, double standard standard we talk about all the time. Happens over and over again. Alan Dershowitz saying this about the students that are involved.
Speaker 3: Listen, Professor Dershowitz, it never should have been able to get to this point. And you know, having taught at Harvard, you saw what happened. The American flag taken down, the Palestinian flag put up in Harvard Yard. I'm sure that breaks your heart. But you know, we got to tip our hat to law enforcement tonight.
Speaker 17: Oh absolutely, and we have to boom for every one of these students.
Speaker 5: Not a single one of them knows they want to cease fire.
Speaker 17: That as Secretary of State, Lincoln said today, the only thing that stands between a ceasefire and the citizens of Gaza is Hamas Israel law for the genuine ceasefire generousies fire.
Speaker 5: Hamas has turned it down.
Speaker 17: But I want to announce that since I said I wanted to bring a lawsuit against these individuals who have been harassing and threatening Jewish students, I've gotten more than a dozen volunteer lawyers agreeing to bring the lawsuits. But now we need help from your audience. We need to know the names of the people who have harassed and threatened Jews. I want students at Columbia who know their names to be in touch with me so that we can file lawsuits against them. The one good thing about them being arrested, even if they're freed, we will learn their names and we will sue every one of them, and the district attorney can't stop us from doing that. Civil suits are within our control, not within the control of the police department. So we have a job to do. I'm on top of it. Me thank you lawyers for calling me in volunteering. Now we need the names of the evildoers so they can be held responsible.
Speaker 2: I gotta say I like Dershowitz on this one. There's a lot of lawyers that are volunteering now, saying give us their names and let's go like I mean, you know, give us like, let's go, let's go. The left with no choice. Columbia releases statement claiming protesters were led by individuals who are not affiliated with the university, saying we regret that protesters have chosen to escalate the situation through their actions. That is a statement that came out from the university saying we are left with no choice.
Speaker 12: A little after nine pm this evening, the NYPD arrived on campus at the university's request. This decision was made to restore safety in order to our community. We regret that protesters have chosen to escalate the situation through their actions. After the university learned overnight that Hamilton Hall had been occupied, vandalized, and blockaded, we were left with no choice. Columbia Public safety personnel were forced out of the building and a member of our facility's team was threatened. We will not risk the safety of our community or the potential for further escalation. The leadership team, including the Board of trustees, met throughout the night and into the early morning, consulting with security experts and law enforcement to determine the best plan to protect our students in the entire Columbia University community. We made the decision early in the morning that this was a law enforcement matter and that the NYPD were best positioned to determine and execute an appropriate response. This is interesting. We believe that the group that broke into and occupied the building is led by individuals who are not affiliated with the university. Sadly, this dangerous decision followed more than a week of what had been productive discussions with representatives of the West Lawn Encampment. It goes on to talk about the security precautions that they're taking on campus, and they are making clear that the life of campus cannot be endlessly interrupted by protesters who violate the rules.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but like the leaf that embraces this, now having to deal with it when it turns on them. And if you think these protests are over, you're wrong. Like it's going to keep popping up. It's going to keep happening, so just get ready for it. They're not done yet. There's still too much SOROWS money out there to be spent, and too many agitators that are willing to take paychecks, So get ready, folks, this is not going away anytime soon. Make sure you share this podcast with your family and friends. Please write us a five star review and I'll see you back here tomorrow