Speaker 1: College. Those of us that have been there know the glory days of streaking the quad, being held upside down by our legs for an epic kegstand wow, and going into class hungover, sitting down and saying, wait, there's a final exam today.
Speaker 2: We're here for education.
Speaker 1: Those are the good days. But there's also some not so great memories from college. And that's why one of our listeners emailed the show for help because it involves her, her best friend, and one giant question that's haunted her for the last six years. How could you? You're gonna hear what happened when we do a closure call. That's coming up next. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and is it healthy to confront people who have wronged you in your past? Cousin, I have to say earlier this morning, Alexis's hair wronged me and I have not been able to get over it ever since, with wet hair.
Speaker 2: Issues in the morning.
Speaker 1: Is that the excuse? Because you guys say it right, well, yeah, I'm looking over there right now.
Speaker 2: I bought pillowcases.
Speaker 3: It didn't Apparently, we'll consider confronting Alexis's follicles a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Because we're gonna put our focus on the listeners.
Speaker 2: First, distract me from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Sophia who asked for our help with a closure call, oh love, And if you aren't familiar with these, they're a little bit more serious than what we normally do on the show. But we try to help people who've been stuck on something that happened in their past, maybe it was months ago or even years ago, bring them a little peace of mind so they could finally put it behind them and move on. Let's get to it with Sophia. Sophia, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sound down? Are you okay?
Speaker 4: I'm a bit stressed. There's a situation. I guess that it's been a long time, but it's been bothering me for forever and ever, you know, and I wasn't really sure how to deal with it and everything. So I was, you know, hoping you guys could help me out go.
Speaker 3: Your insurance doesn't cover therapy either, and I'm sure it couldn't possibly be more stressful than what's going on in studio right now with Alexis's hair.
Speaker 1: So whenever you reach what happened, just tell us about why you reached out to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's what happened. So back in college. It was my freshman year and I went to a really big school and I'm kind of shy, I guess, so I didn't I didn't know anybody, you know what I mean. It's time and I had a hard time for starting out. But one night I was, you know, sitting in the cafeteria by myself after classes and everything, and this girl came up to me and she introduced this. Yeah, it was really sweet, and her name was Aubrey.
Speaker 1: Aubrey.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. It's always so nice when somebody reaches out like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people like me, I'm a little bit introverted and I need somebody sometimes to start the conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was like friendly and warm and we hit it off immediately, which was really cool and everything. And she ended up inviting me to a house party, and after that we became really good friends and everything, and then we ended up being roommates and renting an apartment in near campus and.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got really close and then we started like dating people and stuff, you know, like we would go on double dates and whatever. So I started seeing this guy senior year, and I like really really was like and kind of in love with this guy.
Speaker 2: We've all been there, yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we were like talking about suture plans to keep dating after graduating and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Did it hurt your relationship with Aubrey? I mean sometimes it can, and when you're like so infatuated with a guy and you kind of lose sight of other relationships.
Speaker 4: Well, no, that wasn't the problem. So what happened was I was studying for finals in the library right when.
Speaker 1: I you were still studying your senior year. Yikes.
Speaker 4: Anyway, sorry, and I got tired and I decided to go back home like early, I guess you could say. And I walked in and my boyfriend and Aubrey were on the couch making out. O.
Speaker 3: My heartbroke, girl.
Speaker 2: We har now she doing? I mean it's like you can replace the boyfriend, you can't replace her.
Speaker 1: That's awful.
Speaker 3: It was so bad.
Speaker 4: It was so bad. It was like the most gut wrenching moment, like I had to stand.
Speaker 1: Through about being a horrible friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I went in the bathroom and like locked myself in the bathroom and started crying. In the bathtub. It was awful, Oh my god. And then she was like trying to talk to me through the bathroom door and like make things better. Of course I was devastated and hysterical.
Speaker 2: And like, yeah, I mean, how do you make things better?
Speaker 1: Game of beer pongs? How you fix that through the door? Jus?
Speaker 2: So it ended your friendship properly, what happened?
Speaker 4: And it like ruined the last two weeks of my college experience, like I don't know, a blur, like everything that we broke up, and then like she was never there and I was just a hot mess express.
Speaker 1: I mean, the last two weeks of my college were a blur and a hot mess express, But not because of that. It was just I was going all out for the lost time, last hurrah before it was all done, guy making out. I don't have any recollection of the last two weeks, so it's possible.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: So how long, I mean, it's been years and I'm guessing you just haven't talked to Audrey since Aubrey, sorry Aubrey since no.
Speaker 1: She deserves to have her names.
Speaker 4: I mean, so we graduated and then turn after that I found out they were like officially dating. And this was like six years ago just about yeah, but recently so I just found out from another like an old cold trend that Aubrey and my ex actually they just got engaged.
Speaker 2: I how does that make you feel?
Speaker 4: You know, it's been so long, Like I wouldn't say I'm angry about it anymore, like literally like Arianna Grande, like no more tears left to cry, like I love it. But I've spent like so much time just being like confused, like why why would she do this to me? You know, she was my best friend? I mean, why did she not tell me that she had feelings for him? Or why would you just like stab me in the back and throw away our friendship like that? So I've just been like confused for so much time. And then I heard you guys had the segment, and I thought, well, maybe I could get some answers, because I mean, I don't think that I would feel comfortable like reaching out by myself, and I don't think i'd be able to form the right words were like you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, we have no shortage of words that we can offer on this show. We're very good at words.
Speaker 3: I think like I lost one of my best friends after I graduated college, and it was her boyfriend.
Speaker 2: No, she lied to me about a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and it hurt more than any breakup I had ever been.
Speaker 1: It's like betrayal, actual.
Speaker 2: Like you put so much trust in love in.
Speaker 1: That person, and it sounds a little bit more like you deserved it, though, Brooke with So it's a different story, and you know how these things go. Sophia has been working with our producer to come up with four questions to send to her old friend Aubrey.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm curious if you're going to get any answers that is going to make it feel better.
Speaker 1: Well, we got Aubrey's email, sent those out a few days ago, and Aubrey replied to all four questions, and we're going to read what she said. We give you some answers about why she cheated with your old college boyfriend when we finish your closure call right after this.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we're in the middle of doing a closure call and I know everyone probably just wants me to get right into reading the answers from the emails, So resolution.
Speaker 2: Here, So you're gonna give us what we want.
Speaker 1: Well, first, before we do that, we just have to fill other people in on what's going on, because if any listeners are just joining us what.
Speaker 2: We're doing here to the party.
Speaker 1: We're in the middle of a closure call, hoping to help out Sophia to figure out why her best friend in college named Aubrey basically stole her college boyfriend right out from under.
Speaker 2: Her literally basically, Yeah, she found.
Speaker 1: Them hooking up on their couch senior year and that instantly ended the friendship. Now six years later, she found out Aubrey is engaged to that same guy, and Sophia has spent all this time with a million questions in her head, wondering why, what, how, But Yeah, doesn't have the right words to ask. So she's been working with our producer came up with four questions that we've sent to Aubrey, and Aubrey has responded, Okay, the questions aren't what, wait, what why? We'll find out in just a second us that. But Sophia, I mean, how are you feeling right before we read these two? You doing Okay?
Speaker 4: I'm stressed and nervous about what I'm getting here, but I'm also really looking forward to hopefully getting answers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Think this is definitely going to close the book on that relationship, hopefully for you forever.
Speaker 1: Well, now's the time that everybody's been waiting for and pressuring me to get to. Finally, let's get to these questions and answers. Good part. Yeah, question one that we sent. Yeah, I've spent years being confused and angry at you, and I've never even heard the full story of what happened that night when I came home and found you and Danny on the couch.
Speaker 2: Do you want the whole story? I mean, these are these questions that I don't know that you really want the answer?
Speaker 1: This is this is the question that she has worked with our producer to come up with. It's just what questions we want. Do you want me to go back and take back emails?
Speaker 2: As long as the next question is it how was it?
Speaker 1: She didn't ask that we asked, don't know. I just need to know why and how this happened. Okay, Okay, Sophia, you ready for this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's wrong, We'll let's do it.
Speaker 1: Aubrey wrote back. She said, well, I'll be one hundred percent honest with you. That was not the first time.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, come on, what was not shocking news? I mean, did you see that coming, Sophia?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 4: That really sucks because now I want to know, like when and how long?
Speaker 1: It's like, sorry, there is more to what she wrote back. She said we had been meeting up secretly for a few months before it all started. God, it all started when he was complaining about how he thought you weren't a good listener.
Speaker 2: Oh god, now we just put the blame on Sophia.
Speaker 4: Yike.
Speaker 1: So she continued to show I stood up for you, and somehow my shirt came off. Oh she did not say that. That's what she said. I'm reading it verbatim in here.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: She says, I'm sorry that happened, but we were young and stupid, and I wish it wouldn't have cost us. Our friends would talk to.
Speaker 2: Me like that, are you? Are you okay, Sophia?
Speaker 4: I'm half shocked, like disgusted, like ew, like, how fake of a friend are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels it must feel so much worse knowing now that they were going back behind your back for so long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awful.
Speaker 2: It's like a full blown affair.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, maybe we'll feel a little bit better after we do question two, because the second one we sent was out of one hundred percent. How much is Danny to blame for what happened? Danny her ex boyfriend, and Aubrey wrote back, I don't want to get into numbers, but Danny definitely initiated things between us. Yeah, and if you remember, I was going through my quote big promiscuous streak at that time, is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was calling us a little bit not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish I met girls during these scenes were telling you to college, dude, that's where it's at. Anyway, it doesn't accept it there, Aubrey finishes. She says, so I was weak. I'll admit though after the first time, I felt bad, but not bad enough to stop. Oh, she's definitely being honest. We can know that, right.
Speaker 3: It sucks, But they did have a connection. I mean that may make it feel worse to you, Sophia, like they're engaged now.
Speaker 4: Like I don't know if they're engaged. Like that's why I've been like trying to come to terms of the best I can, because I was like, well, damn it, they really have that good of a connection that now they're getting married, Like I kind of understand, you know what I mean, Like everyone deserves love. But it's just like I still think she's a friend.
Speaker 2: For doing that for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean that that was really what we got into in the third question we sent her. Do you realize how much you hurt me? I've spent years being all up in my head about this, Like what do you have to say to me?
Speaker 2: She better come back good?
Speaker 1: This is really her chance to like fall on her sword here and apologize for what she did.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like it affects all of Sophia's relationships from then on too.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not just that relationship.
Speaker 1: So Aubrey responded, saying, I've already said I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: She deserves this guy.
Speaker 4: She did not say that she literally ever apologized.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else you want to hear from me. Do I feel bad? Sure, sure, she says I did, but I got over it, And she says, I hope that you can do the same. Like, what was it a four month college relationship. It's not the end of the.
Speaker 4: World in front of me right now. I literally would punch her in the face.
Speaker 3: Friend, So take that.
Speaker 1: That was well, not for one of the girls, She do. Well. I know we're running a little bit short on time here, so let's get to the last question that we sent, which was I heard you and Danny are engaged. Now do you truly love him? Like feel like you and him were meant to be?
Speaker 3: I mean, it could be, honestly, it could be that she's just pushing it just because she feels so guilty. At least that's what I thought before that last answer.
Speaker 1: My gosh, blood is boiling.
Speaker 3: Answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's what Aubrey said. What do I truly think? I truly think that I'm pregnant and I don't want to be a single mom. If that answers your question, Oh, she's only doing it because of the pregnancy of my.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I read, she says.
Speaker 1: Danny and I definitely have fun together and have history.
Speaker 3: Oh that's always a great thing to build a relationship.
Speaker 1: A little bit of history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not history, Sophia.
Speaker 1: She says, But I want you to know Danny and I talked about it, and even though we're not really close with you anymore, we would like to name our baby after you.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, no, exactly exactly, Sessa.
Speaker 2: Keep your name out of my mouth type of situation.
Speaker 1: The last thing she says was maybe we could meet up and I could show you ultrasound picks. I'd love to be friends.
Speaker 4: Know what is wrong with her? Seriously, what is wrong with her?
Speaker 3: She is fake?
Speaker 1: Like she was so nice to you, and consider it all those years ago and the whole time she behind your bag. I mean, I am mad.
Speaker 2: I can tell you. I think I think you just let it go.
Speaker 3: I don't even think you do anger anymore. None of this is worth your energy.
Speaker 1: Is that a no for meeting up to see the ultra sent books a baby? Sophia?
Speaker 4: Definitely no, And I actually am so relieved. It's like I feel so much better.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I hope they don't want you to be the godmother too to find a new one.
Speaker 1: But hopefully that gave you a little bit of closure there, Sophia, thanks for being on with us and text into seven eighty five nine two. If you have somebody from your past that you want us to reach out to, you may not like what you hear, but we'll try and get you answers when we do your closure call. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.