Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: At all at all, so don't given them back a Millican bu bus things and booze.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, listening to I Don't Join.
Speaker 3: Ya Joy.
Speaker 5: Show? You know you.
Speaker 3: Turn love you, you turn.
Speaker 1: To turn the mouth turn you probably got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 3: Out, turn a wad of the money.
Speaker 4: Looking come.
Speaker 3: Come on you'll think, uh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now, one and only Steve Harley got a radio show.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go today, folks.
Speaker 3: This is a good one because today I want to share with you something that affects every living soul, and that one thing is your attitude.
Speaker 2: This affects everyone. It is your attitude.
Speaker 3: You know. I don't know if anyone's ever told you, but I mean many of you who listen and know this, But there are a lot of people who don't understand a positive attitude can bring about a change. A positive attitude can bring about a change. Well, now here we go with the nay says well, Steve, what you mean if I'm just positive being changed? My mama, go on? What me being positive? Got to do with that. Okay, Now listen to me carefully. A positive attitude can bring about change. Well, okay, Steve, I hear you saying that, but they done fired me. So now what does my having a positive attitude have to do with the fact that they fired me? Well, one more time, A positive attitude can bring about change. Well, Steve, I set up in here and gave eight, nine, twelve years of my life to this man and he just he cheated on me and walked out. Now what does me being positive have to do with him cheating on me? How that's going to change that? Okay, here we go again. A positive attitude can bring about change. Now listen to the whole thing. Now, the positive attitude and the change that can happen starts. This is the start. It starts within you. See, life is ten percent of what happens, is ninety percent what you do about what happens. Okay, you gave twelve years of your life to this man. He cheated and left you holding the bag, the kids and everything. Now what does being positive have to do with changing that? Or they came in and they fired you. You lost your job that you was a stellar performer at but now, how does you having a positive attitude, How does that change things for you? So far, you can use any example. Here's what happens when you have a positive attitude. What it produces within you is a positive approach to life. And when you have a positive attitude and a positive approach to life, it causes you to be optimistic, to have a positive out look, to expect things to eventually turn around and turn into a positive That's very important because as the law of attraction comes into play, if you think positive thoughts, you attract positive things. If you think evil thoughts, you attract evil to you. You know, if you want for nothing, then nothing comes your way. If you want for positive attitude, if you want for positive results, if you want for a great outcome, that's what you attract to you. The change will begin within you. So let's take the man that walked out your life and left you hold in the bag. Here's a positive attitude. Okay, two things have happened that's positive.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: Number one, you've rided yourself of someone who is obviously going to be, if not already been, toxic in your life, cause you many restless nights, a lot of uncomfortable feelings and uneasiness, not sure, insecure. You've been going through it with this person, whoever they are. Number One, that person has been released from your life. Number Two, it allows you now to have the someone who will treat you just the way you want to be treated. That's the positive outlook, that's the optimistic way. That's when you're a positive person. You see the positive in things that happen to you, instead of burying yourself under the what's wrong with it? A old woe is me now concept? See a positive attitude. When they came in there and they fired you and let you go, could this not have been just the opening you needed to finally start on a new career path that you've been talking about doing anyway? Could it possibly be a brand new chance for you to get the dream job or dream career of your choice. Could it not possibly be the perfect opportunity now for you to finally finally do some something about that gift, about that talent that God gave you, that thing that you love to do. Could it not be the perfect time for you to pursue that. But if you don't have a positive attitude, then you lay there. Oh they finish, Come get in my house. Oh what I'm gonna do now? Oh, this unemployment ain't enough. Oh Lord, when this unemployment run out, what am I gonna do? Then I won't have nothing? And you old woe is me until you become old.
Speaker 2: Woe is me.
Speaker 3: But if you take it from the positive approach, some amazing things can happen in your life. I will tell you on a personal note that some of the most some of the best changes, some of the biggest moments in my life came after a loss. So I don't want to go down the list, but boy, I could tell you. Let me tell you something. When they didn't want me on the radio anymore in La, well they didn't when they were it was sick of the way I did radio out there, and they wanted me gone. And on May twenty third, two thousand and five, when my did when when my deal was done with the beat out in La. Okay, look what happened though. Yeah, I was gone in May. But in September nineteenth I started to Steve Harvey Radio Network with four cities.
Speaker 2: You see. But I didn't go old woe was me?
Speaker 3: I said, Oh, okay, God must have something else from it in because if he didn't remove me from this, That must be something else. Same thing can happen when you lose and you break up in a relationship. Same thing can happen to you. You never know the one God God for you. Now Here you go, Here you go again. Now you get put into a situation where somebody treat you just the way you want to be treated, provide you the whole lot of aspects of your life you knew nothing about prior to that. But you gotta stay positive. If you stay positive, that positive attitude, that optimistic outlook, that that always thinking God got me no matter what happened to me, some amazing things that's going will happen in your life.
Speaker 2: It's a fact. I don't know how it works that way. I just know that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Positive attitude is everything, y'all. So get off the old woe is Me negativity train because it ain't gonna take you nowhere but down and get your outlook up. If you change your attitude, you change your altitude. Altitude is determined by your attitude. How high you go, how big you become, how far you go. It all depends on how you think. It all depends on what type of attitude. You got ain't no, ain't no very very successful, super negative people. It just doesn't coincide that way. If you see that something that happened to them along the way, and don't worry. You ain't gotta worry about it because you ain't gonna see him long because you can't stay up there like that.
Speaker 2: It's just too hard, all right, that's the conversation.
Speaker 3: Listening Morning show, ladies and gentlemen, let me have you undivided attention, just for a moment, just for a brief moment. I don't know if you thought about it or not. But he did it again. It's another day. He did it again. It's another chance. He did it again, and we are all still here. And I'm talking about the ones that can hear my voice. I don't know if you realize that, but man, that is major. That's a major accomplishment. That it happens over and over and over again. There's nothing you can do about it. You cannot make the sun come up in the morning. You cannot wake yourself up in the morning. You don't make the sun set, you don't make the wind. But that's all I got to say. Steve Harvey, Morning show, Junior, what's on your little happy mind today?
Speaker 6: I'm going to ask you a question. Yeah, yeah, we just been having this debate over the week. Yeah, I just want see how you felt. They want me to ask you something, to ask you, not marry, mister Harvey. I'm talking about unmarried Steve. If you go on a trip with your ex on a cruise and stand in the same room, do anything happen?
Speaker 3: Kind of would you rather that stuff?
Speaker 7: Is this.
Speaker 8: On a cruise with your ex?
Speaker 1: Do anything happen?
Speaker 3: As a man, dog, I've been on a cruise with my ex. What is your ask? No, he's talking about You're talking about you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you just if you just unmarried, you just got your ex on a cruise.
Speaker 1: Anything happened?
Speaker 3: Drop overboard? Shut up, Tommy, just waiting, dog, I'm gonna be down there and signing up for all them classes I would do with your ex seat shooting.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna have toime, Junr.
Speaker 3: I don't like wrong with you. Is this a happy version of you?
Speaker 6: No, we just had because I don't know a man alive who's gonna take their ex on a cruise and don't nothing happened in the room we're in.
Speaker 8: The same room, who debate with who is this was just a debate?
Speaker 4: Dog?
Speaker 3: It's just all.
Speaker 1: Call him question. I'm trying to get clarity on Junior's question.
Speaker 3: So, JR.
Speaker 4: Are you saying today if he were to divorce his current wife and went on a cruise with her, are you talking about an ex from the just an X?
Speaker 3: Just an X?
Speaker 7: Just an X?
Speaker 8: All right, because I'm got confused because we were talking about it. Ain't nothing gonna happen in the room.
Speaker 6: If I'm paid for the cruise, I paid for the crew and my ex is in the room, something gotta happen.
Speaker 3: You want your ex. Look at your question. You didn't answer it with you scared up. I mean, if you wanted to ask the question because you wrote this joke you wanted to do, go ahead and do it. But what is you asking me for? You just got back good with your wife. Now you're up here.
Speaker 1: Going me shut up.
Speaker 8: It was just a question. It was just a question. Yet question is what it was?
Speaker 3: Right back on that.
Speaker 1: Because you don't like the question, it doesn't mean he didn't have a right to ask. I just asked the question.
Speaker 2: Somebody like throw pillars.
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour. We have some church complaints for you right after this.
Speaker 3: But look at his face though now he just he disgusted it with us. Answer question.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show, and it's time now for church complaints with Reverend Motown and Deacon death jam we oh.
Speaker 3: Hell, in a most bosipherous way as we proflocate our diloxis well remembers, come here knowing full well that we are pulling towards the inner being of my scarity. Yeah, oh, let us begin with church complaints before I over preach myself this morning, because I think that I say, I feel a pontinuity, things of that nature.
Speaker 7: Oh, come on, deacon, all right, pastor now for some reason, today is all sisters church complaints.
Speaker 8: It's all sisters church complaints.
Speaker 3: They are in a frenzy right now.
Speaker 7: Let's see first here, our sister Freda hind brother Larry got into it this weekend and she called the police eat in turn called renatheta on her. Now her man and how furniture is gone. She's asking can the church help her get both of them back? But that's that's just a major situation.
Speaker 3: Our church have a new policy to refrain from intervening in domestic qualls and issues. Also one other announcement that we're going to refrain from from now on, at the beginning of complaints, I will not preach such a high I q uh wait, why anymore?
Speaker 2: Because I'm starting to hear.
Speaker 3: From I'm starting to hear from constituents that they don't understand me, so obviously I'm over their heads. So we will go back to basic, ordinary Southern vible messaging.
Speaker 2: Don't you quit being a genius that you are?
Speaker 3: Now, don't you do that?
Speaker 7: Don't you do that?
Speaker 3: No, sometimes you have to back it down. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Dennis Miller of the Congregation.
Speaker 3: Jessica Heller, So yeah, you went over a lot of people here with that one, though.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Well, let me put it to you this way. Oh, we're gonna Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 2: Them more that.
Speaker 7: Okay, All right then, okay, listen here, Sister Dendre, Sister Denidris, asking if we can pay for all nine of her kids to go see the doctor. They ate some beans and wienas at her mother's house.
Speaker 3: Sister Lerlin. The expiration date was nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 7: On the Beans in two thousand and nine on the wienas Uh, the kids keep saying their stomach hurt. Came Is it possible that we can help the cheering pass well? First of all them children's is not learned about that.
Speaker 3: The Stowa kid is hurt. But I don't think you're gonna have to take them to the hospital. I think we're gonna let the foster care system pay for that, because Child Potential Services will be there and have all them removed before nightfall. What's this story?
Speaker 4: Hit?
Speaker 2: We don't have to pay for it here at the church.
Speaker 3: We're gonna let the system pay for it because the foster care we'll get them into the hospital in need. But you don't need to be at nobody at house serving hot dog from two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen, all right.
Speaker 3: Sick preservatives in that cannervative.
Speaker 2: All right, we got a situation.
Speaker 7: Sister Scharita says she was waiting on Bobby Jenkins to come over Saturday night. He said he came by, but her daddy was on the front porch. She said, now that was me. I took my wig off. Now he won't come back, and she wanted to know what she should.
Speaker 3: Do well, sister, just going off the small amount of information I had, the one thing clearly to me that needs to be fun. You don't ever need to take that wig off of getting you getting mistaken for your daddy because you don't have the right amount of hell Lord her mercy. All right.
Speaker 7: He has the situation that took place till sister Raja wants to know if she's right around. He wants to know she's right around. Her ex husband called and said he wanted her back. She told him I don't date men with kids, and he said, but they your kids.
Speaker 3: She said, that's not my problem. It's see right a wrong.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 3: I like the fact that she has developed a new set of standards in her life and she don't date me and with kids, even though them kids is hers in the here. I find that to be quite amazing or the ultimate get out of a situation if I've ever seen one. It reminds me of a young fella had come to my office recently and asked me if I was single, would I go on a cruise with my ex if when anything happened, I said, fool boy, you sound like a church complaint. Oh, it's just amazing. How honey, is.
Speaker 2: They think you like that?
Speaker 3: You don't, yo, I'm not gonna mention no names any time you come to my office in privacy, I remain uh dedicated to the you know what they call it discrepancy. That ain't the wood great question. No, I prefer discrepancy. If you don't tell me which one of my big words to.
Speaker 2: Use watch out?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, thank you, Reverend Motown tacon death cham for church complaints.
Speaker 3: I didn't I didn't mention it. Brother Junior, you don't think they know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 7: Dean.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, ask the CELO or Chief Love Officers. You're listening morning show. Coming up at the time of the hour, we will talk about Vice President Kamala Harris's new initiative with black men that kicks off today with the Vice President in Atlanta. Steve, you had a very special call with the VP Harris. So you're looking forward to hearing all about it that's coming. So we're looking for it, I should say, to hearing all about it that's coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the CLO. This is from Johnny and Nasau. Johnny says, my dad and I have a mobile bartending truck. I bought the truck and I restocked the liquor for each event. My dad is a master bartender, so he expects to get sixty percent of our profits. He is more of an employee than an investor. Should I get more profit? Shouldn't I get more profit?
Speaker 3: He's asking, Well, here's the deal, uh you, He's more of an employee than an investor. The problem you got is without your daddy, you have no business. Because your father is the master bartender. All you probably know how to do is drive. We can get anybody drive. So I think your father has you in a precarious position. I think you all should go fifty to fifty if you put up all the money. But it sounds to me like you may have gotten some money from your father. Now if you haven't gotten the money from your father, and you put up all the money, that was your.
Speaker 2: Stake in it.
Speaker 3: He brings brand equity, years of know how and knowledge and going into mixology, so now that comes with the price. But I think he realizes that without him, you have nothing except a truck with some liquor on it. So if you have already previously agreed to the sixty forty you have to pay it. If y'all ain't struck out hitting made one dollar, then it's time to negotiate, and y'all could meet in the middle. You think it ought to be fifty to fifty. He thinks sixty five forty. Maybe he should Maybe he thinks it's sixty forty. Maybe it could be forty five fifty five.
Speaker 2: Meet in the middle.
Speaker 3: But you do need your daddy, okay. Got a way to make more money is to get a real fine chick that can bar ten and cut your daddy out. Ooh like that, and then he gonna flip that truck over the seven. You want happy Nasau? All right?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Melika and Stockbridge says, I surprised my husband by coming home early from a bridal shower. I heard him tell someone on the phone that his wife will be gone till around four pm, so he'd be free to talk until four. He said it was his boss. Was he really working on a Saturday.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Lady, I don't know. I don't know if he said it was his boss.
Speaker 3: If you didn't hear no female voice and you know all this here, I don't know, why are you calling us? He told us, but he could talk to four. Now here's what you need to know is when you came in, did the conversation end? Uh huh?
Speaker 2: It wasn't no talking to four?
Speaker 1: The boss could though.
Speaker 2: Now, well, if it's boss, didn't we it's work related?
Speaker 3: Why no, it don't sound like no female because she didn't say she She said he was talking to someone, and when I walked I heard him say he could talk to four. But now what she didn't say was when she came in he hung up? Or did he go off somewhere and take the phone call? Which was you know you don't. I don't talk business in front of my wife.
Speaker 1: Why would she be upset? Why was she questioning him?
Speaker 2: If she didn't always y'all?
Speaker 3: Are y'all doing something?
Speaker 1: Was kind of off?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, ain't some meetings off?
Speaker 3: Y'all made it off? Y'all while you don't. First of all, you don't have all the information. All she said was I heard him tell someone my wife is the way I can talk to a phone. She came in.
Speaker 2: He said it was his.
Speaker 1: Boss, which could have been.
Speaker 3: A lie. But how do you but but I mean, what depends on what she did. She overhear him saying, yeah, like when you rub my back.
Speaker 7: Now what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying? Unless she heard that Shirley is his boss and y'all stopped wrecking y'all's marriage when it don't have to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, moving on.
Speaker 2: Stay down, Stay down, Stay down.
Speaker 3: You're talking with a lot of emotion right now.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say something you're gonna live to regret. Go ahead, shire.
Speaker 1: Fay nol and Raleigh says, my husband and I argue a lot. And when I tell my husband that what my mom said to me or about me, he'll stop talking to her for weeks. I told him to stop doing that. He said that I need to stop venting to him. Then who am I supposed to vent to?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, look fight now now listen.
Speaker 1: You love that man, Fay now the way you said it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a combination of faith and nail.
Speaker 3: Card. She couldn't make up her name who she wanted to make but name a baby after so it was faith nail. That's very close to fatal, you know, like someone's fatal. And then but they nailed it, so it was Faye nail. Anyway, I can't. I don't know, you know, you people just getting tired of here, and you complain seemed like to me, you know, cause well but everybody because her mama turned on and say something crazy about it.
Speaker 2: Then she tell her husband.
Speaker 3: Then her husband kids speaking to the mama because he trying to side up with the wife. And now you want him to quit not talking to your mama. You came in and said that your mama said you're stupid, and you act like a damn fool all the time. And now your husband goes down. Why you're letting her talk to you like that? Now he don't talk to her, now you mad at him. We can't get in this next question.
Speaker 1: Last one speak, last one, all right, Jessica. In the DMV rights, I got a speeding ticket and paid the fine, but I forgot to tell my husband our insurance increased by eighty nine dollars, and now he wants to restrict me to driving to work and for essential errands only for a while. Does the punishment match the crime?
Speaker 3: I didn't know your husband completely?
Speaker 2: Punishment?
Speaker 1: What is that about?
Speaker 3: Where that comes from? You can't drive no more except to work and necessary things. You're not driving no more. Does punishment fit the crime? What sit in the corner and the marriages it. I can't go in there and tell my wife you can't drive no more because you got a ticket?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What is too too much in the car?
Speaker 3: Fasten? Yeah, I'm talking be driving around this block, so damn fast.
Speaker 1: In his cars.
Speaker 3: I drive down the street and find that sign to say speed trapping.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: So yeah, does a punishment fit the crime?
Speaker 3: This is crazy.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be any punishment, all right, Thank you. Colo. Coming up at the top of the hour, we will hear from Steve on our Vice President's new initiative involving black men. Right after this You're listening Morning show, Tyra Banks revealed that she waited until her fiftieth birthday to have her first alcoholic drink. Tyra told People magazine that she tasted alcohol prior to her fiftieth, but she chose to have her first fruity drink to lose her alcohol virginity. Tyra said, quote, it wasn't worth it. I was like, this is nasty. She didn't like it at all, and it was fruity. So Steve, I got to ask you, how old were you when you had your first drink?
Speaker 2: How old about forty?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, heard me forty? When I first like got you know, I had a glass of wine, a whole glass of wine. I tasted a Strolls beer when I was thirteen. That's what stopped me from.
Speaker 1: It. Felt like Tyrene was nasty.
Speaker 3: Me and Butch, Yeah, me and my boy Butch. His grandfather used to drink Strolls And he left his Strolls and went to the house, and me and Butch snatched it and went in the garage and drank it. Oh man, I threw up for three damn days. And it was warm too. It wasn't how it was a warm, warm ber And that was it. And after that I never drank no more after that. And then I tried wine. Close to forty years. Oh, had my first glass of wine. I had a comedy club that never drank nothing in it, never did. And then Will Phoenix turned me on the Scotch in Paris one time, the nest for that started drinking Scotch. But I didn't like it at first. That's expensive, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Exactly all right.
Speaker 3: I've never but I only drink, you know, I've I've never had more than one drink before.
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 8: Was it all right?
Speaker 1: You at forty tyra at fifty? Okay, moving on now. This is the case of grown men taking a joke or rap beef too far. Rick Ross has received some backlash for accusing Drake for shooting down his plane with some kind of fighter jet. Rick Ross's plane reportedly had an emergency landing in Dallas, and Ross posted a picture of his private jet with wing damage allegedly from the landing. The cause of the emergency landing remains unknown, but fans are upset, saying that right after Ross's plane landed safely, Rick Ross should have been praying and thanking God for the safe landing, but instead he did a live video to take shots at Drake, saying that Drake shut down his plane. This is a bit much, you know, this is this is kind of crazy. I don't know, y'all.
Speaker 3: Black ass is not that important, all powerful. You ain't got no dog gonna fighter jet. Ain't nobody shooting at you. Y'all need to stop this ignorant mess right here and now. Look, man, if you just want to show us your plane, go ahead and do that. Show us you're talking about that he had you shot down boy boy, and you're gonna go bad. You're gonna go back up there? Why f A? So you got to you got to buy fighter jet. Yeah, you can't play like that. Play yeah too far by shooting you down. Rick.
Speaker 8: Rick was on the plane with me. Yeah, and then he could have been the weight on the plane.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: But he's lost a lot of weight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So there are a lot of people but are still big though. And we talked about the luggage.
Speaker 3: Rick kind of slim dog. He didn't trimmed it down.
Speaker 1: He lost a lot of weeks. He work kind of all right. All right, moving on, you know the met Galas tonight. So Steve, I gotta ask you, do you plan to watch the red carpet. You're gonna see about the fashions this year. Your stylist, Ellie Carramo, will be working behind the scenes at this year's gala, and he is.
Speaker 3: Vogue selected him to design La LA's dress, So that will be an original design that Ellie drew and sketched and picked it out, and.
Speaker 2: Then he hired the fashion house.
Speaker 3: I can't say the name only because I don't remember what it is, you know, put the dress together.
Speaker 2: But the design was by Ellie and so he'll be there tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and the scenes.
Speaker 3: He won't get inside the gala, but they don't do that, but he'll be somewhere around there.
Speaker 1: Knowing Ellie, he might sneak in.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the stylists and stuff don't don't go to the gala.
Speaker 1: They don't. I didn't know that. Yeah, he's gonna be looking so fly though. But congratulations to Ellie. That is major. Yeah, really yeah, thanks to you putting him on and all of that. Okay, So, speaking of fashion, finally there are two. There's some new designer genes called p jeans available. Now have you guys seen have you guys seen these gens? Yeah, I've seen. They're stayed as stonewashed denim by Jordan Luca, and they feature a dark stain in the groin and crotch area. Uh, to make it look like you've pied your pants. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 3: I want to wear that. You ain't got people you know, I'm gonna get there.
Speaker 1: Some people love it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh no oh, I'm getting a pad for the shore because you know, a lot of times, you know, if you don't if you don't shape properly.
Speaker 2: And you rush out of there. You had a little dot on your pants.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: And so I'm buying them because did I just come on out and whatever? Okay with it?
Speaker 1: They're just six hundred and ten dollars. I mean, they're selling out fast.
Speaker 3: We can get DIF for free.
Speaker 10: You don't need it.
Speaker 3: They put them on and stand.
Speaker 8: I stayed on myself.
Speaker 1: I'll be coming up in twenty minutes after the hour. We're gonna switch gears here because Vice President Harris will be in Detroit later today and this is the second stop in her big Economic Opportunity Tour. We'll talk about it right after this you're listening morning show. So today May sixth, the Vice President will deliver a speech in Detroit about her vision on an for economy that works for all Americans, with a specific focus on Black Americans and building intergenerational wealth in the black community. This is Vice President's second stop on our National Economic Opportunity Tour. And Steve, you know all about this because you talked with her, and so tell us about it please.
Speaker 3: Like Shirley said, this is the Vice President's second stop on her National Economic Opportunity tool and what we're going to be seeing everybody is that the Vice President is leading a tool about how to build wealth in the black community and showing people how to find the right resources to help them thrive. I think this is good because she called me personally and asked me to help promote this, because I just think that I'm seeing too many things about people not really understanding all they have done. Now is anybody gonna do everything? No, but they have accomplished a lot, and I think we're not showcasing that. And during her speech, the Vice President is gonna highlight how the Biden administration has taken historic steps to advance economic opportunity by creating jobs, investing in small businesses, supporting the auto sector, which is gonna be big up there in Detroit, increasing access to capital, improving access to housing.
Speaker 2: They had a.
Speaker 3: Huge program that forgave hundreds or millions of dollars of student loans and medical debt, and is also championing additional policies that put money directly into people's pockets bill wealth now again, just like last week, this week, you can watch the speech later on today at two pm Eastern. All you gotta do is go online to White House dot gov. Slash Live, White House dot gov slash live. And then after this the tour goes next week into Milwaukee and as they go, they'll be adding the cities as they go. So all you gotta do is go at two o'clock today, everybody go to White House dot gov slash live and learn more about what the Biden Harris administration has been doing because we gotta fight back, man, because this election is going to be extremely close, and we again can be the deciding factor.
Speaker 2: That's right, just like we were four years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, And when people like you say, Steve, when people ask or say Biden administration hasn't done anything for the black community, Well here's proof here, and you talk to the Vice President yourself.
Speaker 8: You know, I love it going on the roads, Brandon, they do a lot.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you who I ain't doing nothing for the black communion, Donald Trump, and show me what he'd done. Stop all these wearies, ignorant ass T shirts yelling and had printed up I words for Trump, You stupid.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, Steve, Thank you. Vice President Kamala Harris coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, she is here. Sister Odell is back right, after this you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Well, as promised, she is here without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, sister Odell, No.
Speaker 3: Wait, I would make it mm weird outl er Well, good morning is everyone. Let's just get to it because it's you know, a little things going on around here. What's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Shelly, Well, good morning, sister O'Dell. Thanks for coming back so soon. I just wanted to ask you about this. There was a nail tech in Washington State now. She announced to all of her customers that she runs a Christian nail salon Christian nail salons, and there are certain nail designs and she just won't do. She said, she will not paint on your nail's horoscopes. You know, people ask for different designs, and one of them is horoscopes, the third eye symbol.
Speaker 3: She will not do that.
Speaker 1: She won't do angel numbers, she won't do definitely won't do skull and crossbone designs. And there are a few others she won't do. Why because she says they are all witchcraft and she won't do them.
Speaker 3: And so I have to ask you.
Speaker 1: Have you been to a Christian nail salon before and do you get your nails done?
Speaker 3: You know, I've been going to the same nail salon since i was oh oh twenty twenty four maybe, And you know all I does is get crosses. I get crosses put on my nails sometimes and then uh, when I don't have I had a stripture put on now and uh uh twenty third psalms on now one time.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Then I put some heavenly wings on my fingers one time. So when I did like that, it looked like I was flying. I got on one time at one of my one of the times I got married, I painted what number husband was I was married, So I put nine s on all my hands, you know, so he would know, don't mess around, because I will go for ten. And I did. I did, you did?
Speaker 7: And uh.
Speaker 3: And you know got that that was a warning, you know there. Then when I put them on when I got mad or to my tenth husband, I put ten on that. But in one of my fingers I put leven because I kind of figured he wasn't gonna.
Speaker 7: Make it.
Speaker 1: Just you were right, huh. So, So what do you think of this nail tech in Washington State? She doing the right thing you agree.
Speaker 3: With her, Well, I ain't saying she doing the right thing. I do know this work. She'd go miss out on a lot of business. Because I don't care what you want on your hands. I'm gonna put it on that cause for one hundred and fifty dollars, I don't care if you put. You can put a pitchfork on your frank if you want to what I call I don't care nothing about that. You can put. You can pray them all red with eyes.
Speaker 9: On it fall.
Speaker 1: I'll call him make your money, baby.
Speaker 3: That's funny, sister.
Speaker 1: So you've never gotten like skull and crossbones on your nails or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Shirley, listen to me. Now you're pushing too far. You heard what I said. Now you see you're going back to what you used to be.
Speaker 2: Shirley.
Speaker 3: Then you used to get along, and you know we started getting along because I started cutting your slack. But you're gonna stare and keep pushing. You don't get in the hell. Well, I ain't got no skull than in the bones with the crosses on it.
Speaker 1: Well, you said you started back, and then don't get.
Speaker 3: Sa Shirley, because I can start asking you some no, and what else. Well, you know, maybe you got some stuff on your nails. We need to know about it.
Speaker 1: Just just polished, that's all. Okay, that's it. But you were you were approving that she has a Christian salon and you like that just you want her to make money.
Speaker 3: So this whole break you was just gonna spin on this Christian nail salon. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is correct. That is correct. That is correct.
Speaker 3: This chel was over at that time. You should have moved on to something new. But you're not being a professional.
Speaker 1: Course is that some of these people?
Speaker 2: Is you just don't don't don't don't.
Speaker 3: You say we should? I'll tell you wow next time.
Speaker 1: I'm so special. You're so special. Thank you, sister Odell. Tell me out like some frank phone call for today with the nephew. Right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is his delivery is always so shocking. We'll get into that, fund out what that's all about, and just a few but right now it is time for today's frank phone call with the nephew. What you got for us now surly.
Speaker 7: First and foremost, I want to say, last night in Los Angeles at the YouTube Theelter, what what what we did?
Speaker 3: The dog? One thing?
Speaker 7: Let there be ass, Let there be laughed. That was hosted by myself and the one and only Fred Hammond in the building. All clean, Ben cuss it all on Neville, ain't cussed, JJ, ain't cused, kid on stage, ain't cused Tony Bacon, nobody cussed.
Speaker 1: We had a wonderful, wonderful family good time.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: Now this coming week, though, gonna be some cussing. Okay, yeah, yeah, I can't do two weeks straight now. I'm just telling you so, I'll let y'all know about West Pond Beach right after this prank. This prank is settlement chick. Settlement chick. How many of y'all have been waiting around the settlement check. Well, I'm gonna give a young lady call and let her know that with the number you thought you were getting, it ain't gonna be the number. Hello, let's go catch up, settlement chick. Yeah, you know, i'd be a lawyer somedays. Some days i'd be doctors some things. I just you know, i'd be the one that you know your wife's work. Husband, I'd be liviting everything right now, right now. I'm a lawyer. This is the settlement, chick, this settlement, chick. Let's go catch dog.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Hello, right, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To reach out this place. How you doing? It's a tourney over to associates? All right?
Speaker 7: I want to give you a call. I just got your file that hit my desk, and we got a check going out to you on monday. You came in yesterday, correct, yes, Okay, listen, we got a few little glitches here. We want to go over with I want to go over with you and make sure we get this all ironed out before you come in on Monday. And I'll have a check definitely waiting on you when you get here. All right, You're supposed to be getting six four hundred and ten dollars, unfortunately is being reduced to twelve hundred due to injuries not being as as bad as they say it was, a lot of calculations got really mixed up on our paperwork here. And please keep in mind on the twelve hundred, we still haven't taken out our fee, which is like about thirty three and the third we'll have a check for you on Monday in the ballpark of four to five hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh, hold on, hold on, hold up, Okay, I'm still getting it. So what was the total a mont that y'all got from the laws from the.
Speaker 7: Should Evidently the person that did these calculations completely did them wrong. I do apologize for this being a mishap on our part and it's totally screwed up, and I do apologize on the behalf of the of the association here that we've dropped the ball on that. But your actual check has been reduced to twelve hundred dollars, okay, and that's without us taking the law fees out of it.
Speaker 5: So I just round right, because how was six thousand dollars cover the doctor bill and the cop practice?
Speaker 7: Well, from my understanding, man, what they're also stating is that your injuries are not that bad, and I don't want to be the bear of bad news. They're actually wondering if you were actually hurt at all.
Speaker 5: So because I even had to get injections, okay from the compractice.
Speaker 7: Okay, And do you have any you I have some medical documents here, and I understand that you've been going and you probably looked like you went over at least at least two months going to the doctor and getting and getting therapy, and and I was his call.
Speaker 5: That was achi practice call. That wasn't my decision. Okay, Well, a lot this call from from my injuries.
Speaker 7: Exactly, and a lot of a lot of these doctor fees and that you've gone to as eating up eating up a lot of these funds. And I tell you these doctor bills they get pretty high out there. I do want to apologize what we're gonna do here since we've dropped the ball on this. We're gonna give you the check for twelve hundred and not even take the law fees out of it.
Speaker 2: And I'll have that check waiting on you on Monday morning.
Speaker 5: That's still okay. I understand what you're saying. We'll trying to figure out is from the I need to see some paperwork of saying stating what was the total mount check that was written from insurance company, plus what was the portion that was supposed to be taken out for the chiropractic plus that was supposed to be taken out from a doctor's itself. That you're telling me six thousand. That's not gonna wouldn't have covered that and leave me with only twelve hundred.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm not at liberty to let you look at this paperwork anymore. I'm calling you basically to let you know I have a twelve hundred dollars check for you. If you don't want that, then you can go ahead and take some other legal life.
Speaker 5: I mean, that doesn't sign right, Robert. I mean from the entire month, because I got the paperwork from the chiropractor stating what Mount was paid.
Speaker 3: I understand that, ma'am. What I'm trying to let you know an issues there there.
Speaker 7: What's going on right now is the response coming back is that you're not actually hurt at all.
Speaker 3: That's what they're saying. They're saying you're not hate at all.
Speaker 7: Actually, I don't want to use the words, but they're saying that you've been faking this the whole time.
Speaker 5: I need to see some paperweight with far time to check it. This doesn't sound right and that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 7: Well, all right, now, you know I'm the last person that that this file is gonna come across. It's coming across my desk. This is pretty much a take it or leave it option, you know, and if you.
Speaker 5: Don't leave no, no, no, no, I mean you don't have to get an a to me because you are my lawyer and I am your client.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not gonna raise your voice. You're not gonna raise your voice. Set me.
Speaker 7: That's not gonna happen either. So let's let's pipe it down a bit. Okay, Now here's what we're gonna do. Do you want the twelve hundred dollars check or do you not want it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 7: I've already wavered the fees of the of the attorneys here. Do you want the twelve hundred or do you want me to reduce it to four hundred?
Speaker 5: No, I don't want twelve undred Because'm gonna take you to court, so that doesn't time off. You're supposed to be my lawyer.
Speaker 7: I'm being the best attorney that you probably could afford, young lady, okay, and I'm trying to do the best I can to help you.
Speaker 5: Now, you if I from what I understand is, I'm sorry to say, that's not gonna be acceptable. I just have to get a lawyer to you. That's not accessible.
Speaker 3: You know, you know you people continue to want to.
Speaker 5: Take me to offer yesterday when we came in.
Speaker 3: How I didn't.
Speaker 7: I wasn't there doing the meeting yesterday. Like I said, these papers just landed on my desk today. What I'm not going to tolerate is you people consistently wanting to file a lawsuit on somebody.
Speaker 3: Now you want to file a lawsuit on me. You know you're going way too far with this.
Speaker 5: This is I want to talk to I've okay, well now.
Speaker 7: You've heard of me. I'm and I work here as well. And I'm not going to stand you uh uh dismantling me the.
Speaker 3: Way that you're doing.
Speaker 5: I just have to get a lawyer that's not accessible.
Speaker 7: I got one more thing. This is nephew Timmy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked. You got preicked by your husband. Oh, your husband told me she's been waiting on me check.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was about to go buy a little office.
Speaker 7: All right, baby, let me ask you something. Tell Tommy, what is the baddest radio show in the land? All right, baby, look, get your check, Come on, give it to me, give it to me. Give a prank or something we ain't done. No, Frank, prays up in here in a minute last night. Boy here, y'all come on like you do, man, come on here, come on here. You think the pranking has gone to park, Come on, come on.
Speaker 3: This weekend is going down.
Speaker 7: This is an evening and evening with Nephew Tommy and West Palm Beach. Oh my god, you do not want to miss it. It is going down. It is Friday and Saturday night, this Mother's Day weekend coming up. So bring your mama, bring your baby mama, bring all your mamas, y'all come on out.
Speaker 2: It is at the Rinker.
Speaker 3: Playhouse at the Crabbit Center, the Rinker Playhouse.
Speaker 7: So if you never heard me sound so elegant before, but it is an evening with a Nephew Tommy. Well, there's two shows on Friday and two on Saturday, and they're almost sold out at West Palm Beach. It's been a while since I've been there, oh dear, so please come on out and gather around. It's going to be absolutely ravishing. The show's on Friday almost sold out, the shows on Saturday almost sold out. Odea Tommy is coming to town.
Speaker 3: And then and then and then and then Sunday.
Speaker 7: I got to get on a plane because his Mother's day and I got to get back because I can't Ooh lord, if I don't see my mom and my wife or mother them be in trouble, Shirley, if you would.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sorry, Shirley, if you would.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it is my Strawberry letter for today and the subject is his delivery is always so shocking. We'll get back into it, or we'll get into it right after this. You're listening Morning show. All right, it is time for today's Strawberry Letter, And if you need advice and relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HAARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 3: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 3: It is Strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you, nephew. Subject his delivery is always so shocking? Is this about Steve? I know we'll find out. Dear Stephen, Shirley, I met a man we clicked. He showed me his representative for the first few months now, I see some things that make me wonder if I want to continue our relationship. These are things that I think he can control, but he didn't act like this in the beginning of our relationship. He has no filter in anything he says or does, and his delivery is always so shocking. I took him to meet my mom and he unleashed the madness as soon as we got in her driveway. He asked if I grew up in that little house, and I could not believe him. He grew up in the project. So I told him he had no room to judge me. He said he wasn't judging, He just asked a question. He continued to insult my mom and I. He refused to sit down because he said the dining room table was too dusty. I kept cutting my eyes at him, but he didn't get it. He is also very direct in the bedroom. Our first sexual encounter was encounter was at his house after we watched a movie. He said that I had teased him long enough with my legs all across him, and I rubbed and touched all over him, so we might as well go to the bedroom so he could give me what I really want. I was shocked, but a little turned on. I had no idea that every sexual encounter would start off like this. Now he'll usually say something like, let's go on ahead and get this out of the way. He told me that he always he's always been like this, and it's probably why he's still single at forty two. When he picks me up, because if he's asked me more than a few times, if I'm sure I want to wear what I'm wearing, so I put him in time out for a few days. If he's not willing to change, is there a way to tolerate this bad behavior? Well, only you can determine that. Only you can determine that. But I will say this, here we go again. Women always want to change a man. You cannot change a man. You can't do that. Only the man in question can change himself if he wants to. This man that you have right here is who he is. He is his authentic self. You don't like it, and it's okay that you don't like it. You don't have to put up with it if you don't want to, and why should you. But you have talked to him about his delivery and how he comes across to you, haven't you You have to tell him how this makes you feel. I mean, especially if you think he's being rude to you and your mom. I must say though, him asking you if you grew up in that little house could have meant just that at you a question like he said, or him saying he wouldn't sit at your mom's table because it was too dusty, because it was too dusty while it was blunt? Was he lying? I mean, it sounds like you're trying to find something anything wrong because you don't like how he says things. You don't like how he says what he says, especially when it comes to sex. So you know, maybe if he can temper how he says what he's saying, then maybe you guys can have a chance. But yeah, it's that how that has you shook?
Speaker 3: Steve Well, I don't think it's nothing to this letter except maybe you know, have a little you know, reenact me to how maybe this could go. You know, dealing with a man ain't got no coof what you want us to do. He ain't got no coof this dude of the damn fool, forty two years old, single talking to people like that, you know, look is deal uh, y'all clicked. He has no filter in anything he says or does, and his delivery shocking. Let's just start with this one. I took him to meet my mama. He unleashed the madness as soon as we got in her driveway. He asked if I grew up in that little house. What he said was you go up in the little ragged ass house. Oh my goodness, what you.
Speaker 4: Send him?
Speaker 3: Who were finnah go in here?
Speaker 1: That's what he really said.
Speaker 3: Oh you it's it's wait a minute, it's some people that live in here. You lying, So now you dealing with that.
Speaker 2: Then he get in the house.
Speaker 3: And he said he wasn't sitting down at your mama's table because it was too damn dusty. You cutting your eyes at him and everything, trying to get his attention, but he didn't get it. So now you just have a man who just he do like you want to do. And even when y'all got ready to have or you know, your little little fan of the first time, you know, after y'all watch the movie, he said, I had teased him long enough. With my legs all across him, I rubbed and touched him all over, so we might as well gone, Ma'm gone get on in his bedroom, gone break it off, gone, gone.
Speaker 1: In here and give you this here.
Speaker 2: Let me go on in here and give you this here.
Speaker 3: What you want? Yeah, I know what you want. And then you were shocked, but you was a little turned on. Well all right now, but I can tell you what I've know. You got in there and it wasn't what he said it was gonna be. That's probably what you're mad about now here. Now, every time y'all go get hall sac let go on here and get this on out the way.
Speaker 1: I just look, are you rubbing your forehead right now?
Speaker 3: Why is you tied something?
Speaker 5: More?
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, I'm just rubbing my face. I'm frustrated with this dude. I just don't know what. When we come back, Shirley, you'll give me a statement or ask me a question, and I'm going to show you, not in a clean way, of course, I'm gonna show you some of the shocking things that this man would be saying. So when we come back, Shirley, just ask me some questions, Like we're dating and we're going to meet somebody, Ask me the question, and then I will give you the answer that mister, mister delivery, mister shocking delivery always does. All right, that's what we'll do.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Steve. Well, we'll have part two of your response and our re enactment coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. The subject is today for the Strawberry letter, his delivery is always so shocking. Back at it right after this. You're listening Morning Show. All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is his delivery is always so shocking.
Speaker 3: She's dating this man who is He doesn't have any kouth. He say whatever you want to say. Hi, I want to say it, which is why he's single at forty two and anybody putting up with this. So what I'm gonna do is just for purposes. Shirley will ask me a series of questions. I would take a pause, and then I will show you the shocking reply. He's probably using just anything, Shirley, I don't care what the subject is, grocery, shopping, pastors, church, or anything.
Speaker 2: So go ahead.
Speaker 1: Where I know you said you were gonna take me out tonight. Where are we going?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I mean, I don't know. I don't know where I could take nobody like you. You know, it don't look like you've been nowhere. So I pretty much anywhere I'll take you. I'll be good enough. Wait, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Anywhere? Anywhere?
Speaker 1: Pretty blunt with it, isn't he?
Speaker 3: All right? You know what?
Speaker 1: The first time we went over to my mom's house and go too, well, I think we should go over there, and you know, you should try and get to know where again? Go back, go over there for.
Speaker 3: What I've already been over there? The little lord how with tight as hair? You know, I don't know who your mom is, but she she must be that old ass lady that lived in the shoe had all them kids. Because you're crowded up in there, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Come on, honey, you can't talk like that. Well, look, look, we're going to church on Sunday, you know. And I wanted to know. I bought this new dress. How do you like it?
Speaker 3: Well? You said we going to church?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then that's the dress you gonna wear? So what are we going to church for? If you're gonna go to hell anyway?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: He's a trip? And wow?
Speaker 1: And after church, I was thinking you know, instead of going out for a change, we could come home and I can cook you dinner.
Speaker 3: Now, come on now, baby, what you know you can't cook?
Speaker 1: I can't you several times?
Speaker 3: No good in hell? Well, you can't cook. Nobody fitting to do that. I made nobody fit that.
Speaker 1: I made a roast. Okay, you know how to rot? There, you don't know how to roast. You fell out a character you were Steve was talking to Shirley. We're talking about I'm so sorry. Get back in the character. It's not about me, surely.
Speaker 3: He like my bad?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Did you really grow up in the projects?
Speaker 3: Did I really grow up in the project?
Speaker 1: Because you asked me about my Yeah, ain't that way?
Speaker 3: Your mama staying now? Oh wait a minute, wait a minute, my.
Speaker 1: Mama, dog, your mom. You're gonna talk about my mom like that? That's not nice. Don't talk about my mother. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Don't talk about your mama. Will hurt me. I wouldn't have nothing to say about your mamaself when I went over that first time. Well hold up, now, you know I'm the one got to sit up in the little dead ass little chairs and everything. You know, maybe you need to spend some of your money, get a house, keep over that and help your mama. I don't know how she eating off that little dusty ass table. I really don't.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I gotta go to work early tomorrow. Do you mind dropping the kids off of school for me?
Speaker 3: Drop the kids off? Yes? That made my kids. Why don't whoever made them kids drop them off?
Speaker 8: You're just so wrong, so direct.
Speaker 1: I know it's too much, no filter. Your delivery is shocking. Your delivery is just shocking. I just have to tell you that.
Speaker 3: Well. Shock shock shock shock shock everybody shock. I was shocked when you found out you had them kids, because you know, you cause cause you know, cause you know, you know, you know. Look you kind of looked like you took care of yourself, so I ain't know you had all these kids. Now, I'm just trying to deal with it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: You seeing this?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 1: You just say anything?
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: I'm not finna start my life over at forty two and start picking up with somebody three kids, yes, but be crazy? All right?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, my girlfriend and I, what do you think about us going on a girl's trip Because we haven't done that in a minute, and we wanted to get away.
Speaker 3: Hey, baby, you go on all the trips you want, but don't ask me for no money cause you know, because unless I'm going down there and all them girls is mine, why would I pay for the trip?
Speaker 2: So what did you asking me about the girl trip?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 1: I'm just going with Claudia, my best friend. You know Claudia, right, my best friend, the tall one, you know her?
Speaker 3: Oh Claudia, No, I won't go down now. I wouldn't go down never, Claudia, no way. How much Claudia away? Now? Why is that a question?
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna break up? I really do. I really think we're gonna we're breaking up. Yeah, you're too much.
Speaker 3: Well, you can break up with me if you want to. You you have somebody to go eat with. Just ask Claudia. You take your hand down.
Speaker 1: And leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey FM, and check us out on the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good. Coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. What you got for is junior.
Speaker 8: Okay, tray.
Speaker 6: Before I get to that, let me just tell everybody June first, June first, Dallas, I'm coming back.
Speaker 3: The cheers.
Speaker 6: Hope five K Run and Fun Walk is happening again this year, and this is the first year it's all sponsored, so it's absolutely free. Just go to cures Hope dot org. That's tears Hope dot org and come on out, man and watch us shake thee shake, sickle sell because this is important.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: This is the first year I've ever done this, absolutely free. They actually sponsored is. I'm gonna be there. I want everbody come out and they're gonna give me another proclamation from the state of Texas. Man, I'm excited to see y'all on June first.
Speaker 3: So let's go ahead and do that. Here we go up.
Speaker 6: The Pacers close out the Bucks. The Knicks close out the seventy six ers. Cleveland, Come on, Cleveland, Cleveland. Kevalis close outlet O Game seven last night one O six ninety four up. Do you believe now you still ain't.
Speaker 2: Have closed out the series of gifts on land though, yes I do.
Speaker 8: Okay, but about Boston because that's what y'are playing next.
Speaker 2: Yes, when you're back down to reality, and you got to go and deal with you know, good run, you know nice.
Speaker 3: We're going home.
Speaker 8: We're already going home.
Speaker 3: Dog, Listen to me. They're gonna put Boston.
Speaker 2: Boston is gonna be in the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: Not in Cleveland.
Speaker 6: If Cleveland show up, y'all not, they're not gonna be there. If y'all just do y'all part, they're not gonna be there. Don't give them that, Boston.
Speaker 3: Don't give them that.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 1: You gotta believe you ain't even you ain't even trying though, dog.
Speaker 2: Already and gave up.
Speaker 3: You just suck. I'm old enough now to well. When I bet my money, I bet my money to win. I don't bet the heart no more. I stopped doing that long.
Speaker 8: You don't bet the heart.
Speaker 3: The heart, no, my heart wants to say Cleveland gonna destroy Boston. But I've seen Boston play all the way.
Speaker 1: There's right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nice that we got to Now if by some crazy help that Cleveland win. You know, I'm on the bandwagon. I'm just hanging off the back, that's all. Waitnte.
Speaker 6: Donald Mitchell put up thirty nine points last night and you still don't believe text Donovan Mitchell.
Speaker 3: I text him, Thanks, Uncle, were talking. I'm encouraging you, I'm congratulating him in everything. You're gonna text him after the first game in Boston, You're gonna text him.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna go out.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 8: I just believe in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm a root for y'all. I believe y'all can get Boston. Man, y'all get him. Evan Mobley, Jared Allen, Donovin Mitchell, that's enough.
Speaker 3: We can win this. Man.
Speaker 8: It's don't Here's Cleveland. Let's dot Cleveland Cleveland.
Speaker 2: To be in the NBA Finals.
Speaker 1: Now, yes, all right, thank you guys, Thank you Junior. Coming up at the top of the hour, a wife Steve gave her husband a Hall pass and she's shocked by who he chose to use it on. She definitely needs some advice. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. This is from Mackenzie in Houston. Mackenzie says, I let my husband have a Hall pass after he caught me sending nasty text messages to another man. My husband asked if I wanted to meet the woman first, and I told him I didn't want to know anything about her. Recently, I was shocked to find out that it was our pastor's ex wife that he slept with. This woman is considerably older, and she acts like she's old. I'm so confused by his choice, and I'm furious with her for sleeping with my husband. Why did he choose her? Is this something they both have been wanting to do all along?
Speaker 3: He's stupid. It's something they done done before. First of all, do you want to meet her? And all this?
Speaker 2: He'll mess?
Speaker 3: They don't done this before. Old ass, old past old wife been breaking it off with him for some time. Now, now you send the nasty Texas. Now you didn't give your man a hall pass? Now you shocked at after who he picked. I tell you what, well, No, let me stay out this hall pass conversation. I do the hall pass because you give it to me. You know it's not even gonna make no sense, no law, what you're gonna do, How relationship will forever be changed? Let me just go on, stay on this little straight now, all right?
Speaker 1: We do have to for another one. See this is from Anna in on Long Island. She says, I'm in love with a married man. And he told me he filed for divorce, and he had me tour homes with him. I thought he was buying the house and moving in, But the realtor called me yesterday and said she needs to run my credit because the least will be in my name. My man, that I assumed he was buying a house for us, and he said it's more like my house. Why did he change the plans because.
Speaker 3: He got Well, yeah, because he's getting a divorce. That can't show up. Yeah, this can't show up nowhere. He's getting a divorce. He can't be out filling out credit apps. What you think he can't do none of this here? Man?
Speaker 2: Uhh now that is gone.
Speaker 3: No mm hmm, he can't.
Speaker 8: He can't fill out no paperwork going to.
Speaker 3: This special your house.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's still gotta go to court. He gotta go to court. Another house.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's gonna be there.
Speaker 4: Little much mortgage company thedeed the time comes.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait a minute, this house now.
Speaker 7: So him and Kendrick got a house. Huh okay, all right, then put that in that jug.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for how he's gonna find all of that? They're gonna find everything.
Speaker 7: We get through with this ass says, we're gonna see where your ass said, we're gonna.
Speaker 10: See We're gonna get through these assets, your assets, right.
Speaker 1: No, So that's it. He's married and he can't do it like that. So you really think he's gonna file for a divorce. He's gonna get a divorce. You really think that's Steve?
Speaker 3: Oh he running game? No, they filed for divorce. Uh huh, but he can't have no paper.
Speaker 1: Trail, right right, she frustrated Steve Man.
Speaker 8: This house at folks three five long.
Speaker 3: Notice, y'all need to get off this subject, like where this is going?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, all right, this ranch style hall ween?
Speaker 3: No, nothing about.
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up at twenty minutes after, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You don't want to miss a minute of it. Right after this. You're listening Morning Show, all right, Junior, This one's for you. Okay. We all know Single to Mayo was yesterday, so we wanted to make sure that you were aware that your favorite restaurant is celebrating single Tomayo all month. Okay, you know who your favorite Okay, all this month? Yeah, all the during the month of May. Apple Bee's your apple Bee. Okay, they're gonna be serving what he loved, Applebee. So Applebee's are going to be is going to be serving the dollar Rea, the dollar dollar, Rida dollar.
Speaker 8: Y'all have got to go down there and get Now, what is that?
Speaker 1: What is the dollar? Rita you need?
Speaker 8: It's a dollar for margarita at Applebee's.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let me tell you something. This month of May, all my business meetings is that beat.
Speaker 1: Me there, But you're going to mix business with dollar?
Speaker 8: Did you hear the number one?
Speaker 1: One one?
Speaker 8: Why are we going somewhere else when it's teen?
Speaker 6: It's one over here? Same day of the tailor, same one? Did I celebrate single to my kind of punch a wall some rope black as hell?
Speaker 1: So you'll you'll be at Applebee's if we need to find Eujuni, we know where to look for you.
Speaker 8: Okay, mat Fact Junior is Spanish.
Speaker 3: We'll have.
Speaker 1: The Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around the would you rather? Right after this you're listening hard Morning Show, It is time now for around the would you rather? Here we go? Would you rather? Spoon and cuddle all night, or would you rather sleep nose to nose all night?
Speaker 2: Oh we came nose to know.
Speaker 3: Oh hell, spoon and cover spoon. We're gonna have to do that.
Speaker 1: Spoon, spoon and cuddle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's eventually gonna turn into two knives. We're gonna separate.
Speaker 3: From the spoon. What we ain't gonna do be face to face all.
Speaker 8: Night, Junior, spoon and cuddle, face to face.
Speaker 4: Chain.
Speaker 1: By two thirty, we got it down to a time.
Speaker 3: Now yeah, what No, I'm gonna yawn and I'm gonna end the whole evening if he knows, you know, go be it all right?
Speaker 1: All right? Would you rather here we go see Tommy and Junior do a ten city tour ten city tour? Or would you rather start a podcast?
Speaker 3: Which one? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, ten ten city tour? You know what I want to do that man, that's tour.
Speaker 3: Can we do a ten city tour? We can go on Thursday Sunday and be halfway through. We do that real quick.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: Can you tell me the particulars of the tour, Junior as you see it, how you see the tour playing out? Tommy go host feature you close? What you mean I was gonna work out.
Speaker 1: And were gonna get a check too.
Speaker 3: Radio boys coming to a city.
Speaker 1: Come on, come, you've got your dream deferred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see what, I don't think that's the tool I just and then you know, Junior, you assume Tommy Gold hosts and then you're gonna feature. And you know if we go out like that, they can't go out. You'd have to be you first, then Tommy, then Tommy. Mind Tommy, think it to be you then meeting him.
Speaker 1: He's right, so you guys are opening for him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's let it all. Let yeah, all hosts, then Jr. And then I'll shut it down.
Speaker 3: Okay, you okay with that? Happy geez every combination you don't want, you all, none of it.
Speaker 1: Just say you don't want to go period.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're moving on, all right.
Speaker 1: Would you rather never clip your toenails or never use wet wipes again?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: I can't lose my nasty the way I can't lose my quad white man, right girl, But we've got to cut these toe nails.
Speaker 1: But you gotta keep your wife's all right. Coming up next, that's today's rounding. Would you rather coming up next? Last break of the day and Stee we'll close out the show right after this.
Speaker 3: The one I know Wanda Raymond's web wife.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show. All right here we are, guys on this Monday, our last break of the day.
Speaker 3: This is it. I have some closing remarks today. I was thinking about something and I said, wow, you know what, man, I want to share this with people because I had to readjust my thinking and once I did that, it changed my success process. And I often hear people making excuses for why they're not successful. So my closing remarks today is to help you with that part of it. Right here, Listen to this, y'all. It's an adjustment. It's a mental adjustment that you have to make. It's a slight change in the way you're saying things. So here's what I'm saying to you. Stop making excuses why not? Listen to me carefully, Stop making excuses why not and make those excuses your why too. See. I've thought about this thing, man. Most of the excuses that I've heard from myself and from other people. If you took those same excuses that you're using as why you're not accomplishing something, why you're not doing something, Why you're not successful. If you took those same excuses and turned them around and made those excuses your why too, it would be a game changer. See, you need reasons why you should be successful. That's what you need. You don't need excuses. You need to find reasons why you should be successful. Listen, If your excuse is i'm poor, well I would do this, but I ain't gotten i'm poor. That's a good reason that you should use to make more money. See, the thing that you're using as the excuse should oftentimes become the reason or the motivation if you think about it. But it's up to you now you have to make that adjustment. So if you're sick and tired of being poor, that's a good reason to want to be motivated to make a little bit more money. Now, if your excuse is I don't know the right people. Ever heard that before? Man, I just ain't I just don't know that I ain't meant the right people. And that's why you need to start associating with a new group. See, you not knowing the right people can't be the excuse. It has to be the reason for you to do something else. You need to start associating with a new group. You know something, It's easy to meet people. It really is. It's easy to meet people. You've met all the people you know. How hard was it? You just went to where they was doing a certain thing and you was participating in that certain thing, and then they became an associate of yours. You have to change that. You have to use those same reasons why not to turn them into the reason why to Your excuse is no one ever taught me how? Well, if nobody ever taught you how, then don't you think that's a good reason that you need to train and educate yourself. See that excuse of nobody ever taught me how? So what they got the Internet? Now? You know you can google anything. If ain't nobody ever taught you how? This is a perfect time for you to train and educate yourself. Stop using these excuses for why not and get these reasons and use them as the why too. If your excuse is your family, your excuse is your family? My family? This my family? That excuse me? Get some friends. See, you actually get to pick your friends. You were born into the family, and if you were born into the wrong family, pick yourself some friends. Association brings on participation. My family, I'll love them to death, but I can only go so far with them. We can only talk about certain things. We got to stop the conversation ins because they're not going where I'm going. They don't want what I want. Now, I got some other friends. I can bring all these subjects up to stop using an excuse that, well, it's my family. Skip your family, get yourself some friends. You get to pick those people. I don't know what to do next, that's your excuse. Well, that would be a good time to develop a relationship with God, wouldn't you say? If you don't ever know what to do next, if you're stuck because you don't know what to do next, this excuse is a good reason to develop a relationship with God, because guess what, I bet he know what to do next. Trust me, I've had to turn that way many times. I'll be turning that way today. I don't know how. I don't know how I'm gonna do that. I just don't know how I'm gonna do it. Then, guess what, this is a good reason for you to use your faith. I don't know how, I don't see how, I don't see how I'm gonna make that happen. Well, you need to develop your faith, faith, the belief in things you cannot see. I didn't see my life I have today, but I faithd it. I believe that I would have some type of life, and then he messed around and gave me exceedingly abundantly over all, I thought, I asked, that's the beautiful thing about that relationship with God? And let's how about this right, I don't have a plan. Well, if you don't have a plan, guess what you need to dream. You need to dream about something to put a plan too. Stop using your excuses why not, and take those same excuses and make it your why too. Come on, y'all, it's a mental adjustment. All you have to do is change the way you think from negative to positive, and the results immediately will follow. It's automatically done that way. Thank you for listening. And if you didn't listen, it's okay too. I'll have something else tomorrow, maybe thatt a hit home. Y'all, have a nice day, see you tomorrow. Talk to God, he'd loved to hear from.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show