Speaker 1: Listen, man, I'm sorry it took so long. Yes, why did it? Well, first of all, you had a dead mouse, but I had a dead mouse.
Speaker 2: And listen, audience, this is your public service announcement to make sure you charge your mouse because you might be going to do a podcast and your mouse is dead, and you got to tell your friends hang on and say you gotta charge my mouse.
Speaker 1: Gotta charge that.
Speaker 2: But that took all of a minute and thirty seconds. Stone, why did you take nine minutes?
Speaker 1: So my daughter for her birthday, I bought her some DJ equipment, and so in order to use said DJ equipment, she stole my laptop and all of its devices to connect it, I see, And so I had to call my wife just now. I had to call my wife just now and be like, hey, look where's her shit at because a lot of my connections are still plugged into her stuff. And she was like, it's here. And so that's why it took nine minutes. It took me eight minutes to realize I needed to call my wife, and then right after that I was I'm here here.
Speaker 2: And then how many of those nine minutes were you pulling hits?
Speaker 1: Donald zetto so I've only pulled one bong hit today and that was early this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh was it for breakfast? Donald?
Speaker 1: It was not for breakfast. It was just like the wakes. It was just for the wakes. I worked out today.
Speaker 3: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: Not only did I work out today, I worked out to exhaustion, to the point where I almost threw up in front of my trainer.
Speaker 2: Good for you. Now you feel good. You feel you feel like.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like shit right now.
Speaker 2: You want to give yourself a pat on the back for me, I.
Speaker 1: Do feel mentally. Mentally, I feel like I've accomplished it. I did what I said I was gonna do.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: I'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Amen. I got on the treadmill right before this. I didn't want to get on the Do you think I wanted to get on the treadmill. I didn't, But I did it because I promised myself, Donald, Yeah, I promised myself that self and I we're gonna get ten thousand steps a day. So self and I needed to get on the treadmill and watch some shark tank.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, I'm scared to make deals with myself, because once you make a deal with yourself, you can't break it right, Like, that's the ultimate.
Speaker 2: Oh, you got to keep your word. You gotta keep you.
Speaker 1: If you can't keep your word to yourself, then what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Word is bond? Donald? Write that down? Word is bond?
Speaker 1: I've heard that a few times before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've heard it because I'm the one who made it up.
Speaker 1: Oh did you you know it did come from Nork?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Word is bond as a new Jersey slang? Oh really from back in the day.
Speaker 2: I just assumed it was. It was like a hip hop like saying.
Speaker 1: No, it's a new Jersey slang from back in the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, word is bond.
Speaker 1: And it's and it's and it's made its way. It's a Garden State slang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. Listen, it's been twenty years since I made the movie Garden State. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: It just means we're old, bro.
Speaker 2: Twenty years we're talking about putting on a Carrie Brothers had this idea to put on a twentieth anniversary twenty anniversary year concert for charity where we get as many of the bands together as possible and and and put on a show. What do you think of that?
Speaker 1: That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what have a.
Speaker 1: Meaning to type situation?
Speaker 2: Well, not as big as Live Aid, but but somewhere in la like ideally like the Greek or maybe even the Hollywood Bowl. I don't know how many if we'd sell Hollywood Bowl amount of tickets, but like, you know, get it if you got the Hall. I mean, I don't know if we'd get Paul Simon, but maybe you get a lot of those bands together and together. I mean I would try. I mean it's worth trying.
Speaker 1: I think you could get back together, whatever their names is. Let go, let go.
Speaker 2: That's I believe a character from Lord. I mean. My point is that, just like putting the soundtrack together, once you get one, you'd start to get the other. Like if the Shins say yes, and and then and then you know, image and Heap says yes, and then Colin Hay says yes. Little by little people start to say yes, you never know. And if you put the whole thing together except Coldplay, and then you go Chris, Everybody's coming, but you please, you never know.
Speaker 1: You get Chris to do one song, You've you've crushed everyone's for charity. He's a very to do a set. This motherfucker only needs to do one song, well, and obviously we got to play one song and one song only.
Speaker 2: Let's say obviously, well, obviously Nick Drake has passed away, and obviously it's Paul Simon feels like the biggest long shots. So you could have really cool artists do covers of their songs, right, that'd be cool.
Speaker 1: Get Charlotte to perform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, I mean, I don't know. Between the people I know and the people Carry knows and the people Bill and Christen know, I feel like I don't know, it could be huge and it would all be for for an amazing charity. We'd all be for good and it'd be a.
Speaker 1: Nostalgic take my money, I'm in, Well, you definitely be there. I get in for free though, right, No, you'd.
Speaker 2: Be giving money to the charity. You don't get camped if it's for charity. Word Yeah, word is bond.
Speaker 1: See how we bought around audience?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see that that's mastery. Hey Donald, there is a show on Netflix. You don't watch things. It's called Baby Reindeer.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, how do y'all watch show?
Speaker 2: Baby Reindeer?
Speaker 1: Is this a real show?
Speaker 2: It's a real show and it's a real story, and it's.
Speaker 1: The craziest follow a baby reindeer.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with a baby reindeer. This is why where are you going? Oh god, what is he doing? This is when the bong hit comes.
Speaker 1: In, Daniel, can you hit that man talking in the background.
Speaker 2: Not on zoom, but maybe in the mic.
Speaker 1: I can't tell.
Speaker 2: You might hear some birds, Daniel, don't yell at me. I can't. I can't close my doors. It's too hot. It's okay, I get it. Audience all scolds us when he hears birds. He wants you to have such a clean track that there'd be no birds on the soundtrack. So but we want you to know that Donald and I have to open our windows, so you're gonna hear birds. I think it's I think it adds a nice element to the It's like we're doing in a garden.
Speaker 1: Sounds natural, it's it's very it's very garden esque.
Speaker 2: You know, imagine Donald and I if it helps you, imagine Donald and I sitting in a beautiful garden with two microphones doing this podcast for you, which we kind of are. He's in his house with a garden outside, and I'm with the garden outside mine.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: We're just not together with our with with my legs up.
Speaker 1: There, and we're not sitting in our garden anyway.
Speaker 2: Baby Reindeer, you guys, Donald, I'll just tell you this since you're not gonna watch it. And an insane story happened to this comedian that involved a stalker. And the story is so fucking nuts. I couldn't begin to describe it other than the main thing being he has an insane stalker and he decides to not only write the story, but then star in the story and as a reenactment. And Baby Reindeer is a series on Netflix. I think it's the number one show on Netflix right now, that's how popular it is. Where this guy and he's so talent as an actor. I had to I had to google. Was this really the guy that this happened to? And it is. It's his story. He wrote it, he stars in it, and he reenacts the insane thing that happened to him, And I can't I can't more highly recommend anything, Right, Joelle with me.
Speaker 4: It's incredibly well written and potentially horrifying. I have a number of friends who are survivors of stalkers. He said, the show is like scary accurate, and I feel like the creators just very brave to go through all of this again put himself through a lot of the trauma that he survived. The actress who places stalker in the show gave a statement that like, while they were on set shooting, she went to check in on her co star. The creator just be like, hey, Okay, He's like sorry. It's like I'm spending time with her right now, and it's really hart.
Speaker 2: She's an incredible actress. By the way, the woman who plays.
Speaker 1: But did he actually hang out with his stalker or the stocker?
Speaker 2: Yes, is a stalker. I don't want to spoil too much, but yes, she's very, very very entwine his life, and because at times he feels bad for her, he wrestles with how to handle it. But anyway, it's a very traumatic story, but it's incredibly told, and it's just you know, this gentleman and the woman who plays a stalker are such phenomenal actors that it's hard to believe that it's his story and he wrote it. So anyway, audience, that is my Zach Braff streaming pick of the week.
Speaker 1: Do you find that. It's so it's so hard, like some of the stories that we're seeing now, in order for the audience to believe such insane situations, it has to be based on a true story first, you know what I mean, Like a lot of things now, Like if I told that story, the story that you're talking about, yeah, without it really happening to somebody, people will be like, I don't buy it. There's no way. You might.
Speaker 2: You might, but the whole time you're right, you might. But the whole time you're watching this, you're thinking two things. One, holy shit, this happened to this person, And be holy shit, this guy is who it happened to, and he's such a good actor that he's reliving the whole experience. I mean, it's kind of like a documentary really, but it's told through a giant reenactment. There's never there's never a moment of documentary footage. It's all a reenactment of this insane story that happened to him. I never see anything like it, right, Joell. It's kind of like it's it's it's never I've never seen another someone do something like this.
Speaker 4: No, I can't recall someone I'm sure I'm sure in somewhere deep in the indie like film history, someone has taken on the monumental task of being like this actually happened to me, and I put myself back and I cast the people that were around me there like the It's like, as a psychological experiment, it's kind of mind breaking to be like, how did you do this? And now for it to get all of this acclaim and to be constantly talking about it and reliving it like I don't know, but it also seems to be helping a lot of people, both people who've I've been victims of stock and people who've committed acts of stalking. I guess to sort of like talk about like why does this happen? And how do you handle something like this? And that's such a human way. I think a lot of people's reaction is just oh, like call the police and leave them alone. But there isn't like an actual person reacting with it's crazy. It's it's it's like it's a real mind bender to think about.
Speaker 1: Want to be on any side of that. I never want to be stalked and I never want to be a stalker.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like sometimes you stalk me Donald's Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that's only because I go through your emails every now and then.
Speaker 2: But like, I never get to know Unfortunately, I never really get to see you.
Speaker 1: Donald.
Speaker 2: And I participated in a zoom call with with a surgeon and his best friend because once a year Jake tapparass us to do this charity. All the money goes to UH Wounded Warriors and UH and and we had these with Donald and I want to have them on the podcast because they were such interesting guys. One's an orthopedic surgeon and the others best friend. I forgot what he does.
Speaker 1: Donald is like a video editor, is he?
Speaker 2: I think the tech guy? I don't know what he does. He never really got clear. But they reminded us a lot of ourselves because they were very similar to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, my point was that I got to hang out with Donald outside of this podcast, which I never do because between his family and his kids, basketball and his agoraphobia, I just never see him. So it was nice to see Donald outside of the podcast briefly as we as we talked to these nice fellows.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you glad you enjoyed you know'd be.
Speaker 2: Funny if I told you that it was if I told you, like, hey man, we have that charity zoom and you're like, oh okay, yeah yeah, and then you got on.
Speaker 1: I was like, just kidding, just us awesome. I'm like, oh man, you tricked me.
Speaker 2: Can't get him on the phone. Doesn't text me back, he doesn't text. I send you memes and you don't even HU came and heart the memes I did.
Speaker 1: You just reposted it? Is that what I did.
Speaker 2: No, what you do is you just send me you memes. You don't give any hearts or hahas.
Speaker 4: Have to acknowledge the memes.
Speaker 2: Donald, Joel, I want to acknowledge you. Joel is a great meme recipient. Joel will because I send them to Joel too, and she will either heart or comment. Sometimes she'll be like, oh my god, that is so true, or I know a person just like this. Donald, you should be more like Joelle. You don't ever give any reception to my memes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, did you do it through the DMS?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I went down to the DMS.
Speaker 1: You put you you put it down into DMS. Yeah.
Speaker 2: All you do is you just you just reply with your own ship. You don't go Haha, that guy's crazy. I'm giving you examples of things.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to write in dms anymore. Man, I just don't know what to write because people like, I'll send a meme and somebody will be like that's inappropriate, and I'm like, WHOA, my bad?
Speaker 2: So I don't know what to You send private, you DM someone private, you put it on public? What do you mean when you when you when you say when someone you're saying a stranger, or you send it to a friend and they're like, it's in.
Speaker 1: A a friend And I'll be like, oh, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Got to pick who you send your memes to.
Speaker 1: No I had I had I was not only was I are I needed? Also?
Speaker 2: Are you learning at fifty years old that you shouldn't necessarily contact people when you're super bigd.
Speaker 1: I've learned that one drinking and I at a certain point it got to stop. Dude. At a certain point, I get to a level where I'm nice at first, and then all of a sudden it becomes I'm going to fucking kill you.
Speaker 2: Yeah alcohol, not even once.
Speaker 1: Not even once, and then now with the weed, I'm at the point now where it's like I don't want to do that shit all day long. Man, you know I like I like the taste of it and stuff like that. You know, I don't need that. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't need to feel like I'm not even here.
Speaker 2: All day long. Well, if we can make that a sound button for you, and I can play it for you once an episode, if you want, just to help encourage you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it has been since this It's been since this morning, can you tell? So?
Speaker 2: So you're going on a weed break? And it began it began after this morning, after this morning, oh.
Speaker 1: Boy, after I woke up and had my little morning Hello.
Speaker 2: Your morning two, my morning hello. Yeah, just a little wake up dr Akula.
Speaker 1: We should probably talk about scrugg.
Speaker 6: Stories, that show we made about a bunch of docs and nurses, said.
Speaker 7: He's the stories nets. So gather ra here, yeather here.
Speaker 2: I wanted to start off this episod. So where are you going? You're out? You're dropping your mic and leaving?
Speaker 1: Why did you bring them with you?
Speaker 2: Okay? There because he took a morning bong hit. You know, I I looked on Scrubs wiki about this episode, and there, I guess there's a site called tv dot com that rates UH episodes. I don't never heard of this before, and Scrubs Wiki's never mentioned it before, but it said that this episode, outside of UH, I think the clip show, which would understand it would be the lowest because it's a clip show. Of all Scrubs episodes, this was the lowest rated of all the Scrubs episodes. Okay, I want and I wanted to say that I don't. I don't never been to TV dot com and I don't know any of their users, but I agree.
Speaker 1: It was boring.
Speaker 2: I'll say that it was so boring and it wasn't about any I mean, it was like, it's like, what is it about? And what the fuck?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 2: A main storyline of this episode is that the security guard that everyone has a key to the security guard's golf cart and they're all stealing it. And those guys are like clowns. They're they're like the most preposterously buffoonish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like crux of that gag has potential to work. Trying to convince us in a single episode that Cole's actually in love with Lucy and is not a complete douche is just such a feat. I was like, I cannot believe this show is trying to pull off in this one. I don't buy anything from this a storyline at all.
Speaker 1: So that I was about to ask you, guys, could you tell me which storyline was the A, B and C storyline?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. Well, yeah, I assume Lucy and Cole. Right, so, well, the theme they introduced right off the bat is that there's two there's most No, the theme is people are coupling up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: And the couples are Coal and Lucy, Dru and Denis and Turk and uh doc doctor Cox. So that's that's what they That's the sort of premise they tried to sit up for this episode, Our Couples. It's called our Couples, for God's sakes. Oh, by the way, did the titles changed the hour once I left?
Speaker 4: The season nine?
Speaker 1: Has the whole thing has been our Oh?
Speaker 2: Really? Okay? I didn't know that there's some trivia that that there was not mentioned on Scrumswiki Lucy and call her a up. Lucy has quite a libido. I should say she's some Yeah, that's another way to put that.
Speaker 1: That's the right way to put it. Is the truth.
Speaker 2: Lucy seems to clown. She's down to clown. She she is. It's on her mind a lot.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's she That song should have been about her. Lucy is down to get down down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, Lucy, she's down and she really likes banging Cole. I mean he must be great in this because she really really likes him. What we learned in this episode, she really likes him.
Speaker 1: He does it right.
Speaker 2: She turns her horses around before they have sex in her dorm room. She doesn't want any of her horses watching them have sex. But they have so much sex that she should just leave the horses turned away.
Speaker 1: She needs to get rid of the horses. It's time to get rid of the horses. And if that's the case, you need to make it a choice. You need to make a choice. See what's it going to be. It's going to be the horses or is it going to be the sex.
Speaker 2: Well, it just seems to me they have so much sex that she's wasting a lot of her hours in a day turning those horses back around. She should just leave them facing the wall.
Speaker 1: It opens up every episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every episode ends with them having sex with them. Do you think that's because they're thinking, like, okay, Scrubs, Med School, we need to make it sexy. We're going to hire these young sexy people, like every episode should open with two sexy people having sex.
Speaker 1: But they're not. It's not like we're seeing ash cheek or shoulder. You know, we're not even that kind of show.
Speaker 2: You're not meant to see like ask cheap.
Speaker 1: So how is that? I just don't understand how that's sexy? Then, you know what I mean, sexy is a visual thing.
Speaker 2: Well, people still people still get titillated when they see people in bed topless together. If you're flipping channels and you're like, Okay, there's Raser, there's whoa, there's two sexy people in bed naked. What is this? I'm just asking.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's obviously going to trigger me. I'm going to turn in. Yeah, we all know me, and there's not one person out there that's not like, of course, Donald, watch is.
Speaker 2: That I'm listening to this? This is probably my mind because Carrie Brothers turned me onto this amazing audiobook I recommend to y'all. The book is Leave the Gun, Take the Canoli, and it's the whole story of the Making of the Godfather. Oh yeah, by Mark Seal, and it's just incredible if you love behind the scenes movie making tales. But rather than read the book, carry said, the guy who reads the book on tape is really good, So listen to it. And I've been listening to it and it's so amazing.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I highly highly recommend that I put it on every time in the car. But I think I've been thinking about this because Paramount and the producers wanted Mario Puzzo, the author of the novel, who was writing the first draft of the screenplay, to open the movie with sex. There's a lot of more sex, I think in the novel than is in the film. When Coppola finally got his hands on rewriting it, he made the masterpiece of a screenplay that it is. But there was pressure before Copola came on to have it be to open with sex and have a lot more sex. And so when Copola first got it, it was like the movie open with Kay and Michael having sex. And Copola was like, what, this is not how this movie is going to open. But maybe that's why that came to my brain first. Sorry, that was a long winded way of saying people like to open their projects with sex.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we are correct I think in that many of these Scrubs med school episodes open with sex.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Scrub back in the day we opened with sex. But we had like nine eight seasons of you know what I mean, and it wasn't every episode, but this one seems like every episode is just sex, open with sex.
Speaker 2: And Lucy and Cole. Lucy and Cole in particular.
Speaker 1: We don't see yet. We haven't seen Denise and Drew do it.
Speaker 2: Well, they hook up a lot, but but but we don't open the show with them naked.
Speaker 1: Have we seen them in a bed? Have we seen have we.
Speaker 2: Seen them like like like putting their clothes back on or like can they started off as.
Speaker 4: Just hooking up and they're like surprise in a relationship, all right.
Speaker 2: Turk and doctor Cox they're doing a thing called hands on a Koma patient.
Speaker 1: They're competing again, they're competing thing.
Speaker 2: For those of you who don't remember, there was a movie, a documentary that's amazing called hands On a Hard Body. You remember that, Donald, No. It was a competition at a car dealership and they made a documentary about it. And the competition was that they would select a group of people and they put their hands on the truck. It was a pickup truck, I believe, and the last person standing with both hands on the truck won the truck. And so it goes on for days and days and days, and they made a documentary about it. It's really good. I highly recommend it. But this must have been around the time it came out, because we're doing a hands on a Koma patient joke.
Speaker 1: I didn't give two shits about their competition. I'm gonna keep it one hundred with y'all. Right now, look, man, these motherfuckers are adults now, and they're playing like Turk gets all bent out of shape and Cox is all freaking He's it's almost like he I don't know, man, Like if you're going to battle somebody battle other people, these two shouldn't be battling right now. But they don't have anything to write about. So they're like, let's rite that these two battle, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Also you need a storyline for Turk. That's the conundrum. You get rid of JD and you get rid of Carla what you know, they had to figure out a storyline for you.
Speaker 1: They had nothing to write for me.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, you didn't ever have a relationship really with Cox before in one three you know we had.
Speaker 1: A competitive relationship, but it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't but not you didn't have a lot of Cock storylines.
Speaker 1: Right, No, No, because he wasn't my mentor. You know what I mean, he was your mentor.
Speaker 2: You had doctor Wynn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it doesn't make sense like all of a sudden they're hanging out. They're kind of but like it's the Kelso role, Like all of a sudden, Turk has become somewhat of the Kelso role where they're friends. But no, you're not kill each other, yeah Kelso.
Speaker 2: Now oh you mean the fact that they had ribbed each other. Yeah, all right, So there's this whole set piece where they're gonna race. Turk uses a fake grand someone another doctor to try and distract Cos. Then Cox unless Todd to grab Turk or Rob only got the door. How do you bring Rob Mashio to set and only have him to do that.
Speaker 1: Joke rocking a hard Place five?
Speaker 2: It was so bad Only it was only one laugh I had in this whole episode.
Speaker 1: I had one laugh too, And I know what your laugh was are you talking? Is this speaking or Raheem was speaking? Or DeShawn? That's the only laugh I had. And I knew you were gonna laugh at that ship too. I laughed so hard at that ship laugh. I laughed.
Speaker 2: I knew that Donna would laugh at that ship. By the way, I had to rewind it because like, did I hear that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh god? Yeah? And you let you know, you try to make me when we have sex role players black guys. Now, is this Cole speaking or sham? Right then and there, I was like, but right then in there you realize, holy ship, she wants sex now, because if it's DeShawn, she's down the fox. Is this to Shawn?
Speaker 2: She said that so straight. She was like, is this Cole speaking or DeShawn?
Speaker 1: I laughed at that ship so hard. Part of me was like, I shouldn't be laughing at this. That's this is like a little this is like a little like not funny. But I laughed still.
Speaker 2: I thought it was funny. I mean, yeah, it's totally.
Speaker 1: I mean it's funny and like it's funny in a racist way.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, you tell me, I guess.
Speaker 1: The motherfucker's walking around the hospital speaking slang out of his mind. Everything's yo a b a yo yo co.
Speaker 2: She tells him all the ship he can't say, which are all that, and it's.
Speaker 1: All fucking It's all fucking slang coming from the black community pretty much, and it's like, wait a second, hold up. Not only is he not allowed to say this, but when you fantasize about fucking him, he's a black dude named.
Speaker 2: Deshaun only sometimes, I think only sometimes, so part of it.
Speaker 1: Like, as I'm laughing, I was like, this is the racist shit I've ever laughed at in my life, one of the most racist moments.
Speaker 4: But Prentice Penny wrote this episode, Donald, Who's that Princess? Penny later becomes a showrunner for Insecure or Insecure?
Speaker 1: That right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well he's written by an African American. Donald. Don't know if that helps you at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's a one African American and all white writers.
Speaker 2: I'm a feeling the African American person probably wrote that shoke.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because trying to make the writ the white writers laugh. All y'all know what the fuck I'm talking about? Joe, You can't even look at me. Yeah, you know exactly what.
Speaker 2: We should have. We should have him on the show, Joelle.
Speaker 4: We were trying to reach out to his folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but he might want to talk about his Scrub season nine experience. Okay, so then you guys race to Turkean Cocks have a race to a building. They encountered these security guards. He did, and then we learned that the white security guard says about the black security guard he did security for er. He and Eric Lasal go to the same church.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to go back.
Speaker 2: What are we gonna go back to?
Speaker 1: Well, the whole I'm not sure if this is the B storyline or the C storyline. The whole storyline is about this damn cart and half cart. Yeah, it's parked in front of the emergency entrance and Denise wants to move it and gets reprimanded by the security guards for trying to move the cart out of the hat and run right.
Speaker 2: They're very pissed off because that's their whole identity, is the cart.
Speaker 1: And so she's like, bet, if that's your identity, I'm fucking with your identity. So her and Drew decide to mess with the security.
Speaker 2: They're going to go to war with the security guards over this golf cart. And they have a zillion keys made and give them to everyone. So everyone is all sudden so excited to drive the cart around.
Speaker 1: Everyone has access to the cart. And the crazy thing is is that the security guards can't find the cart.
Speaker 2: Like you know, they can't shine the cart.
Speaker 1: Not only can they not find it, but they'll have their backs to it, and that shit zips by.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know about y'all. I have yet to hear a golf cart that's quiet.
Speaker 4: I've been to Catalina Island. Sounds like golf cart.
Speaker 1: Even the Silent Ones.
Speaker 2: Right, well, they are not. I mean it as brought as this show. They're in a different show. So because you lost to bets to Cox, you Turk has to say, doctor Cox is hella foxy.
Speaker 1: Doctor Coxy is Helafox.
Speaker 2: Doctor Coxy is hella Foxy. Cole is always late.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He went to sea World and he swam with walruses, I mean, what the fuck? And then he didn't bring his slides to study group, so he gets kicked out of study group.
Speaker 1: Everyone everyone, it seems like everyone's mad at coal. At the end of the study group, situation.
Speaker 2: No one likes Coal except nobody likes Coal at all. He's so inappropriate and Uh. The only person who seems to like him is Lucy, who you know, throughout the whole season so far, we think it's just because he's handsome and she's having you know, just booty call sex with him. But throughout this I guess if there's any arc of this episode at all, it's that she realizes that she actually has feelings for him. We meet Cox and and Uh and Turk's patient named Art, who slings peanuts at the ball game. He's got a problem, I think, with his shoulder. But when they when they do their examination, they realize he has a tumor, a very big tumor, but because of his age and his condition, they're not sure if they should operate on him.
Speaker 1: And they push his Turk to operate.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Cox pushes Turk to operate because he says, listen, he's either gonna You're either gonna save him or he's going to have six months to live, six months to live, and we should we should try, And so Cox pushes Turk to do the surgery. Doctor Coxy is so foxy, you keep being forced to say that.
Speaker 1: Around the hospital. Yes, in the trick candle sex situation.
Speaker 2: Where yeah, let's good break, and when we come back, we're going to talk about what is known as the trick candle sex situation. It'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm talking about. Yeah, right. I wasn't paying attention and looking at the screen, so I thought it was like a scented candle. And so when I looked up and it was a number two and it was a birthday candle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a bit confused because she said something like.
Speaker 1: Till the candle goes out, the things last a while. Mano, the number of candles left, Coke could go Coke got that porn.
Speaker 2: Stone you situation tracked how long the number two candle would take to burn down?
Speaker 1: My man? Yeah, when she said it was when I looked down and it was a center candle and I thought it was a center candle. It made me look up, like, what, nobody can fuck as long as a candle. That's a book.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need that for the soundboard down.
Speaker 1: Nobody can fuck as long as a candle is lit. Nobody, nobody, nobody. If I PU are you talking about, you're talking about a honika candle. It was like, you gotta fuck it's how long I last?
Speaker 2: That's how long I last the honka candle? Wait, Donald, you're saying, no one can last as long as they scented candle.
Speaker 1: That is it possible?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 2: You are well. I don't think anyone would like that at a certain point. It's it's it's uh, it's.
Speaker 1: A lot everything's wrong.
Speaker 2: Right, So are you more of a birthday candle, a honka candle or a what's.
Speaker 1: Your candles burned? A little bit slower than hand candle?
Speaker 2: You're probably gonna get, you know, a half hour out of Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought you got eight nights out of no? No, no, okay.
Speaker 2: No, you light the honic candles each night of hand? And I would say, Daniel, you're a fellow semite. I think they last about a half hour, right, I think half hour sounds about right. Yeah, a birthday that's a good A birthday candle's birthday candles? Too fast? A regular one and you're saying this number two one would probably be a very long time.
Speaker 1: That shit goes all the way down. There's like a little fucking nub at the end to that ship. Would go and go and go and go.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I think it's I think, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't you know, Cole.
Speaker 2: And Lucy really enjoy their their sex, so we don't know if maybe they purposefully take a long time. There be there might be some edging involved.
Speaker 1: Like a little edging. Go on, I'm listening. We just took.
Speaker 2: I like a little edging. Go on?
Speaker 5: You have?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's get back to the show, all right, So what the fuck they raced to Winston Hall. Cole's not in the mood.
Speaker 1: For stack up, Holy ship Gurney.
Speaker 2: I was in shape, Yeah, you were in shape.
Speaker 3: You look good?
Speaker 1: I did. I look at my eye. There's no circles, there's no bags, none of that shit. Man, I would, I would. What's the name of a surgeon that can get me back to that?
Speaker 2: Well, it's called you going to the gym.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Man, the wrinkles on my face there weren't that many ten years ago when this show was Well, you.
Speaker 2: Can have like you know, you can have a laser skin peel. You could do lasers and ship Okay, I mean your skin is wonderful, but you could you could do stuff. Do you moisturize your face.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the simplest thing you could do at our age is just put on moisturizer morning, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I haven't used lotion for so long.
Speaker 4: Donald, what yeah, is coming from inside the house?
Speaker 1: How do you not have any lotion? No, we have lotion. I just don't use that shit. I don't like the way it feels on my body. It's something new as I've gotten older, lotion.
Speaker 2: But what about just a face cream just to moisturize.
Speaker 1: I don't like the way that shit feels on my face. It feels heavy.
Speaker 4: For some reason, you're using the wrong brands.
Speaker 1: But when I was younger, there was this lotion called Palmer's Right, and it was like it wasn't It was like a stick of cocoa butter pretty much. And since then they changed the formula and it's not the same anymore. That was the closest thing to having some type of grease on my body where I'd be like, all right, I'm alright with it because it smells really good, so I'm going to let this go. But there's very few lotions that I find that smell good. And then the unscented ones seem to freaking dry out really quick. So it's like, what the fuck did I put that on for? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But I have a moisturizer donald that I put on my face this morning and night. It goes away within the feeling of anything moist on you goes away within fifteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Right. But so what I was talking about is lotion on my body and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But you start talking about wrinkles, right, no doubt.
Speaker 1: But when we started talking about lotion and stuff I don't put I don't like to do that shit. When I do do that, I get Let's talk about face first. When I do do when I do apply do lotion, I know I heard it. That's why I change it. I know. I know when I do apply moisturizer to my face. When I wake up, I have dark circles under my eyes. For some reason.
Speaker 2: Is going to help you? Look at your wel skin. Wouldn't you like to have skin like that? Look at that?
Speaker 1: Wonderful?
Speaker 4: This is time and effort and a lot of skin. First of all, thank you, this's so well.
Speaker 1: I would love to have your skin.
Speaker 2: Granted you're younger than us, but man, you don't have a single wrinkle.
Speaker 1: Okay, so much, so much effort. I would wear it like, Okay, everyone called it.
Speaker 4: I would say, for first of all, if you work for a skincare company and you want to send us products, so figure absolutely. But also donald also do I use verst It's really light, it won't clog your pores, it keeps you like nurse throughout the day. Also, there's definitely a body lotion for you that's not going to just I feel. I know Casey's got something for you. I'm a text Casey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, case I mean we went, we went down a rabbit hole, man, and we went and tried. Like so, we bought another form of cocoa butter lotion that was working really well, and they changed. Everybody changes their fucking formula, man, And that's when it's like, wait a second, just don't smell the same. This smells different. Like That's what it really boils down to. Like, if I'm gonna put cake on me like a shit, turn a lotion on me, at least let it smell good so I don't feel like I'm walking around with a freaking body.
Speaker 2: I don't really care about your body lotion. I'm trying to help you because you said you were worried about your ear skin wrinkles. So there's things you can do for your eyes and your wrinkles that will at least help you.
Speaker 1: Dude, I was, Look, I've gone through it all. I remember I was spending thousands of dollars on skincare at one point, and then I realized, I don't need that shit right now. You know what I mean, get it when I need it, you know what I mean. Like my whole life, I've been told I have great skin. You do, but now you're fitty, but now I'm fifty, no doubt. But my whole life I've been told I have great skin. And with that I have been, you know, in search for some reason to try to make it better. I don't know. But like, if it ain't broke, why fix? I just got you. I just no doubt. I would like to. Sustainability is a look at Jo's skin.
Speaker 2: Look at Joel's skin.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. That could be Joelle's twenty two.
Speaker 2: That could be you.
Speaker 1: I love that. Let's just go with that. Joel twenty two.
Speaker 2: Joela is twenty two years old. Joel's twenty two.
Speaker 1: The most responsible twenty two year old, I've ever met my wife. There we go.
Speaker 2: We hired Joel when she was seventeen.
Speaker 1: When she was seventeen years old. She came up in here running this thing.
Speaker 2: You like to whine about ship, but then you don't take action.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you can take it. You're like, I'm pissed that I'm out of shape. All right, Well, then go work out.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to pissed.
Speaker 2: I got wrinkles. Put some fucking face lotion.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we tried. We tried.
Speaker 1: No, So Lucy lies to Cole. Lucy lies to Cole and tells him that he's not invited back that she asked.
Speaker 3: She tried.
Speaker 1: She I tried, I asked Drew, and Drew said you know what. Nah. Well Cole goes to Drew and says, yo, why don't you let me back in the group, And Drew said I didn't. She never asked me, dude. And so now Cole's back in the group because Lucy never communicated.
Speaker 2: Now, imagine to be dedicating this much screen time to that storyline whether or not Cole is allowed back in the study group.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the this was the way.
Speaker 2: Did you see Colonel Doctor partying in the golf cart? Man? He was so excited to be in that golf cart. Yeah, Like, why are these There's like this moment where these old doctors are like it's like they're on ecstasy or something, but they're so happy to be in the golf cart. Yeah, why do they love the golf cart so much?
Speaker 1: I understand, don't don't owe people love golf carts.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do well google that?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: If I was an old man and I could have drive around in a golf cart everywhere I go.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you might be like, oh, it's nice to have a golf cart, but these dudes are like raging.
Speaker 1: Have you ever written in a golf cart before?
Speaker 2: I love driving a golf cart exactly, But I just have a smile on my face.
Speaker 1: I'm not like, yeah, you don't got your hands up in the air like you're on a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: I love a golf cart.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Whenever I'm on the back lot and I'm allowed to drive a golf cart, I feel so special.
Speaker 1: It's the best feeling ever.
Speaker 2: It's fun to drive a golf card, especially around a back lot.
Speaker 1: It's fun to drive a golf cart on a golf course. How about that?
Speaker 2: I'll bet that's true. But then you don't get your exercise, right, this isn't the whole.
Speaker 1: If you need to get your steps, well, that's the thing. Man. The older you get, the more you're like, I don't necessarily want the cart anymore because now you're trying to Yeah, you want to turn it all the time and shit like that.
Speaker 2: Right, you have no interesting in the golf, do you?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I have no interest in getting back in the golf.
Speaker 2: You went so into it, you got so.
Speaker 1: Hard ten years ten years deep. I got the lowest I ever shot was two under.
Speaker 2: Why don't you bring your family to that what's that place called where there's like food and it's a driving range and top golf? You know, why don't you bring your family to top golf?
Speaker 1: It's fun when you got a bunch of kids and you take them to top golf and they've never played golf before. That's a lot of fun. Yeah, taking my kids to top golf, like Rocco and Wilder to Top Golf. Yeah, they're not going to have as much fun as I'm going to have there because there's so many things for adults at Top Golf. It's for adults.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's more of like an adult place.
Speaker 1: But if you can get a party gone with a bunch of kids, listen, it becomes like it can be a kid.
Speaker 2: I drove by the one in Vegas when I was huge, when we were at F one. Remember we were with me and gosh, that looks I mean, I have no interest, but it looks so fun.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because you freaking eat chicken wings, you freaking hit golf.
Speaker 2: It's like a bowling alley but like four stories. Yeah, and they had screens playing like sports.
Speaker 1: We took my kids.
Speaker 2: We took at something and gone, that looks like so much fun for people that are into that. Yes, like that's how I felt. I was like, I don't want to go. But if I was into that, that looks amazing.
Speaker 1: You take that back once you go. We took my son's basketball team, the guard Dogs, the Inglewood guard Dogs. Shout out Inglewood guard Dogs.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the Englewood guard Dogs. Everybody.
Speaker 1: We took them to the Top Golf in Vegas. They had a tournament in Vegas and we took them. All the parents and these kids had so much fun, and none of them had ever played golf before. Only my kids had played golf, really, and then one other kid had played golf, but all the other kids had never played golf before and had so much fun trying to play. It's like playing skee ball with a stick and a ball.
Speaker 2: It's so many things I don't want to do, watch sports, play golf, and excessively drink. But if I loved all of them, it seems like heaven to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, top, Well that's what that was my introduction into golf, not golf. But you go play golf, you drink heavily, and then you bet a bunch of money and at the end of the day, hopefully you still have cash, you know what I mean, bring your money because we're playing golf.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a great time.
Speaker 1: It was a great time. And then if you're into that ship, I'm over it now.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we should take a break. We're gonna take another break and we come back. We're gonna talk about this really preposterously horrible episode. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Wow, you honor me, all right.
Speaker 2: So to Turk loses Art in the surgery, and he's very pissed off about it understandably, but you know he can't. You can't save everyone. And he tried, and he tried, and he's mad at Cox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he and then he realizes he's not He realizes Cox was looking I don't see. I don't get this. At the end, I realized you were looking out for me and you had my back, et cetera, et cetera. And it was like, wait a second, he forced you into this. He didn't have your fucking back. He was being selfish, trying to make this guy live law. He was trying to be a superhero. He wanted the fact that he wanted to save this guy another year or three to four years. He wasn't looking at it.
Speaker 2: Well, he did, no. I think he did.
Speaker 3: Believe.
Speaker 2: You have to believe that Cox is always because he's, you know, such a noble person, that he's always trying to do the right thing. He went the more aggressive route and and and sometimes that's not going to pay off, but he he he wanted the best for Art and this time he bet wrong.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm sure a lot of doctors deal with they battle like I got to this one's a gamble, but I got to go for it. And I'm sure that's something that a lot of doctors have to wrestle with, right.
Speaker 1: I just think Turk, when confronted with this at the end, it wasn't the fact that Cox believed in him and that was why he pushed him into the surgery. It was because Cox was trying to gamble on this man. Like you just said, he took a gamble. He was trying to save this man's life for the reason of he liked the guy, and not necessarily because he believed Turk could do it. You go in there and you save him, because you can do it. Turk's like, this motherfucker is gonna die, right, You go in there and you save him.
Speaker 2: All you're saying so so so Cox is love of the man may have pushed him to the wrong decision. I understand, yes, And I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's the wrong decision. It might have been the right decision. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: The guards apologize to the cart. They've been convinced that the cart has its own soul and that the cart is mad at them and has left them.
Speaker 1: At one point, storyline, Cox.
Speaker 2: I don't know. At one point, they're lying on the ground looking up at the clouds, thinking about all the different food items that the clouds look like.
Speaker 1: Like, where did the storyline up the cart them missing the cart?
Speaker 2: Someone convinced them that the cart was mad at them because they kick it and they don't treat it well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Denise was like basically abusing the cart, and so.
Speaker 1: She left on her own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the cart apologize, it'll roll.
Speaker 2: Back right, And then Drew rolls the cart in so that it just magically appears, and the guys are convinced. And now and then when that later when we see them, they're like buffing it and they're like really taking care of the car. It's so bad. It's like a It's like a Nickelodeon uh line storyline.
Speaker 4: They're not far off.
Speaker 1: This is something like I feel like Zach would go through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like a Zack and Cody storyline. Now we gotta take care of the cart.
Speaker 1: This is a Sweet Life of Zack and Cody storyline. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is something Phil lewis so would be doing on Sweet Life of Zack and Cody. I feel like this is a storyline that would like this, you.
Speaker 1: Haven't gone that's what the that's what they said to the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the end of Zach and Cody, the car rolls back and they're like, you haven't gone, and now.
Speaker 1: They makes the line reading even worse. But if he said it like.
Speaker 2: That, all right, then then Lucy decides she likes Cale, and Turks calls her a crazy white girl, and uh, you get the summation of the episode. This hospital is so brutal that if you can actually find someone to help you get through it, then you're lucky. Everyone needs someone to watch their back. And then then then then.
Speaker 1: Where I'm just trying to in the story? Where was that in the story watch My Back? Where was watch My back? And the whole story up to that point?
Speaker 2: I know, I guess it's that Drew and at Denise's back because she was yelled at by the security guard. So they were going to get even with Theecurity.
Speaker 1: Guards and that's reaching. Bro.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. How did Lucy or Cole have each other's back there? I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Lucy confesses that she loves him in front of a big audio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she does a big announcement that she loves.
Speaker 1: Him, So that means she's got his back.
Speaker 2: Right, I guess, Yeah, and then you have to say to Cox, excuse me. No, Cox has to say to two D doctor Turk.
Speaker 1: Secutie because I am baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then Lucy decides she's gonna change.
Speaker 1: Coal, and he no longer can say he's.
Speaker 2: Not allowed to say all these things.
Speaker 1: He says, what a duned couple the Scrubs.
Speaker 2: And WICKI noted that there's no songs in the episode outside of score, and there's no fantasies in the episode. And then, as I said, it's the lowest in the clip show, it's the lowest rated of all Scrubs episodes. B Bum, bum bum.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make me feel good, guys, I'm gonna keep it one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, it's why winding to a close, Donald what I know about usually.
Speaker 1: Which shows, even if they're bad, Even when shows are bad, as the season progresses, the show gets better and things start to happen, you know, But usually that's what happens from the beginning to the end. The writers have gained some experience, the actors have gained some experience, and things start to change a little bit. That doesn't necessarily mean the show gets better, but I mean it's a better show. But the groove and the and the and the and I don't know, but usually it seems to escalate. This doesn't escalate, this doesn't get There are no stakes for these kids right now, like there's nothing going on for these I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: Well, goodness, it all works out for them. They they all end up having wonderful careers. All right, Joelle, do you have any callers for us?
Speaker 4: We have a call area if we go to break and come back.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go to break and when you're gonna hear one of Joelle's reviews of that she collects off the interweaps will be right back.
Speaker 6: Zach and Donald are gay, newlyweds in house arrest, and we're.
Speaker 2: Take it away.
Speaker 5: Hey, my name is Raffio Davona. Now to talk about episode nine zero eight our couples. Recently rewatching this episode in preparation for this, I was reminded of just how funny Season nine can be when it's firing on all cylinders. After a few episodes of the characters finding their footing, we're trying to really get that classic Scrubs feeling back. So starting with Denise and Drew, right, they're messing with the security guards and their golf card, and they're really bonding as a couple right in their mutual love of messing with others. So you see them become more well rounded characters. You see some great laugh out a loud moments with the two security guards. I mean, I'm sure not the only one who thought that they had a little bit of a guy love going on between those two, right, Like there's a little bit of Turk and JD in them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Next year, we had that relationship between doctor Cox and Turk where even though they are seasoned vets at this point in their career, there's always that doubt in the back of your mind about hey, am I doing the right thing? And they realize how much they need each other and need to have each other's back and belief in each other, right, And that's something to be said about that that even after all these years, these two are still learning, they're still growing in their relationships. And I was I just want to take a second to just shout out how much ups Donald had when he jumped over that gurney, Like, holy shit, had some air all right. Last main storyline in this Cole and Lucy and Cole has been a tremendous douche up to this point in the season, but you really see someone who was redeemable starting to poke through there.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Not only that, Cole had also one of the funniest lines and in the season when he yelled at Lucy when she got in front of his golf cart and he yelled at her that's how Gardners die the way he said that he has seen some things. Man, he has seen that. But also I just want to just shout out Dave Franco as well, because he made that character being you know, almost irredeemable in the first half of the season to someone you kind of root for here and not all actors could flip that switch, and Franco does it like seamlessly, right. So Yeah, this episode was fantastic, hilarious, full of heart, and I'd put it up in the higher tier Scrubs episodes easily. Another thing I just want to say too, for people that are hating on season nine, remember Scrubs proper Scrubs had eight seasons to get to where it was. Those characters that eight seasons to evolve, you know, here, to get them to learn to know these characters and you know you're not going to be fully formed in this thirteen episodes. I think of the show to win on more, I think would have got a better following and it would not have been looked down upon as much it is is now. But with that being said, thanks for taking the time to listen to me. I hope you'll have a great one.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I totally agree with him.
Speaker 2: Now you don't.
Speaker 1: I disagree Raphael.
Speaker 2: You know, this reminded me Joelle of you know, in a courtroom, how Donald and I were like the prosecutors, and then Raphael served as the defense attorney, and so as prosecutors. We don't agree with Raphael, but it was nice to hear him articulate the defense's position.
Speaker 1: I agree, I can. The one thing that I do agree with him on is that Dave Franco is funny, phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is.
Speaker 1: I do agree with him with that. I think Dave Franco is one of he's when we were doing this show, he was one of my favorite people to be around when we were making this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's also just the sweetest dude in the world. Well, that's our show, everybody. Thank you for tuning in, Thank you for spending your time. With us. We appreciate it. You know, you have lots of podcasts to choose from. There's murder, there's like a million, there's murder ones, there's health ones, there's gossip ones, and yet you chose to spend your time with us, and we really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being a friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: We didn't even mention the road and back again.
Speaker 2: We didn't even mention The very first line of the episode is that Cole's computer doesn't work because he's downloading every episode of Golden Girls.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, your heart is true. You're apel and a confidant. And if we throw a party and inbodied everyone we knew.
Speaker 2: This is how we feel about you.
Speaker 8: Audience, you would see the biggest gift would be from me, and the car attached would say thank you for being a friend.
Speaker 1: Ba ba ba ba.
Speaker 6: B successful stories that show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses Fen of Canada who love.
Speaker 7: I said, here's the stories next.
Speaker 1: All should know.
Speaker 7: So gather round you here, up, gather around you here, up, scuffy show wiz and no