Speaker 1: The stars were on the red carpet last night at the twenty twenty four met Gala. This year, the annual event was hosted by Anna win Tour and co chairs Bad Bunnies and Dana, Jennifer Lopez and Chris Hemsworth. This year's theme Sleeping Beauty's Reawakening Fashion, in which the theme is the Garden of Time. So let's talk about some of the iconic costumes we saw last night. For instance, we can start with Steve Stylus. Your stylist, Ellie Caramo, did La La Anthony's dress, Steve, it was beautiful. It was black and red. I love you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah it was. I'll tell you a story about it off air. Kid do it on the air?
Speaker 1: Oh holy we got wait there's a lot of people, but.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we're beautiful.
Speaker 1: Ellie's beautiful. Yes, yes, okay. Let's hear your comments on these celebrities costumes. Ussher did anybody see the usher always brings rip Toagi p Henson?
Speaker 2: Was there?
Speaker 1: Naomi Campbell, Jojah Cat with the wet white dress that was sexy. Different. You know, She's always gonna be kind of out there and different.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like, okay, okay, yeah, okay, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Kylie Jenner, Gabrielle Union Wade and her husband Dwyane Wade looking good as always, Queen Latifa, Kim Kardashian and her like ice blue dress.
Speaker 3: Okay, So did y'all see Kim Kardashian. Did you all see her? Everybody's talking about how thin her waist, how slim.
Speaker 1: She Yeah, her waist was like a size too, just her waist. It was almost not real, like well, it was really really crazy.
Speaker 2: Hey all y'all that let's let's start fund me page. You can get that.
Speaker 1: She looked good though.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Janelle Monet, Kendall Jenner, uh w n b A star Angel Reese was there. Yes, beautiful, I saw her, beautiful, Kiky Palmer, Serena Williams, Chris Jenner and her white people were saying Chris looked like a bride. Yes, uh huh with all her white and her white coat, with the long, long, long, long trail train. Corey Gamble of course was with her. Carrie Washington, who always brings it again.
Speaker 2: She was rocking the purple. You know what I'm gonna do. I'm a boycott and met because I've never been invited, that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: Why you so quiet about all?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see none.
Speaker 3: I didn't you just say that everywhere it's all on social media.
Speaker 1: I ain't see that.
Speaker 2: I can't where I am. I can't open Safari or Google on my phone. Wow, completely lost. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I know.
Speaker 2: Something to my damn phone. They don't open nothing right now. I can't figure it out. And I ain't gonna be even figured out till one of my kids get hold in my phone. But I need somebody tell me something.
Speaker 1: Colman Domingo with his black and with his white cape dramatics, he always looks good too. I like the way he dresses. Scale King was there. I mean, it was just a great event all around, great night, beautiful night. As always, people wait years and planing years for the MET gala. You know, did you see Liz Stress?
Speaker 3: And did you see Erica Bad?
Speaker 1: Did you see was by doing last night?
Speaker 3: By by Doism?
Speaker 1: She had a flower and all that beautiful moves.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was cool. I like the MET.
Speaker 3: I like seeing different things like that.
Speaker 2: I love it, love it, love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So there's also other entertainment news. Carla what is up with the Kendrick Lamar and Drake beef? It's still going strong. What's happening?
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: The beef is? I guess for rap is a sport. Let me say this, rap is a sport. It's competitive. It's kind of like my I'm a better rapper than you are, like boxing now, like like a quarterback football team, My quarterback is better than your quarterback. So if you're a rapper, you think I'm better than you as a rapper. So I guess this beef is good because it's lyrical content, because it puts these guys back in the studio and they're right, and they're dropping records every five minutes. So I guess for the rap game itself, for hip hop, it's lyrical content. However, however, they may be going to far with some of them and some of the things and some of the accusations that they're saying, but they dropping.
Speaker 1: Like four or five records in a week.
Speaker 3: I'm like right right JR. At a time. So you know, rapping it's about the bar, it's about what you're saying, what you're doing. That's why I said it's a sport. So I mean I don't know who knows the real reason behind the beef all these accusations as to why they're doing it, But I don't know. Keep an ear out and watch it, and like I said, it just I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't know what it's for. I don't know the purpose. I've never heard that rap was the sport.
Speaker 1: That's my opinion.
Speaker 3: That's nobody else has said that. That's just me, Okay, I mean I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. That's Look, make your money, go cut your album, m you know. I mean I heard the rap battles before.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. Yeah, keep us interested, you know, the culture forward talking.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I don't know. I don't. I ain't got no comment on it because I have comment, you know what I mean. Like, I haven't heard the first one, then the response, then that response, and then the next response. I just hear clips every now and then come on and uh Drake. The last one I heard on Drake was pretty good because I ain't know none of what the hell he was talking about.
Speaker 1: That's all right.
Speaker 2: I was just doing like.
Speaker 1: This, mobbing your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not bad.
Speaker 1: You got to do. It's quite all right, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, Mother's Day is this Sunday. We'll talk about Mother's Day gifts. Right after this, you're listening Morning Show