Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Fantas Pros NFL Draft Show. I'm your host Derek Brown and with me as always, the Minnesota Madman Thorne Einstrom. And on today's show, we're gonna discuss UDFA classes. Baby, I'm gonna go through all thirty two NFL teams, starting at the bottom, going all the way to the top, discussing all of these guys that fell out of the NFL Draft but still landing on NFL rosters. Thor is gonna run through all the draft prospects, what he thinks about these teams, these signings. I'm gonna get it, gonna give you the fantasy angle here, the dynasty angle. Are these players that maybe make it under one of your taxi squads and possibly deeper dynasty leagues, Thor, Dude, we're getting into the nitty gritty here. Man. I thought that we couldn't like peel back this onion of this class any further, but here we are. Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my UDFA class rankings dropped on Fantasy Pros today. You have been deep in the weeds on some of these these deep dynasty sleepers. It's an exciting thing to talk about. I mean, you know, that our listeners out there, they're sickos just like we are, and we're about to dive deeper I think than probably any show out there is. So I'm excited to get into it.
Speaker 1: H Dude. We're gonna bring up a ton of names that I will be absolutely transparent that I didn't even know until we started prepping for this show, and I'm diving into their games. I'm looking for film on some of these guys that we're going to bring up, especially for some of these are small schools, dude. But we're going to get into it without further ado. Man, Let's kick this bab boy off. Let's light this candle, who got the lowest grade? Who comes in at the thirty second team for their UDFA class for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The last ranked UDFA class in the NFL this year is the Atlanta Falcons, who followed up oh ra rather babbling draft weekend with basically sleeping through the UDFA process. They only got three guys that were on my pre draft five hundred and none, none of whom were in my pre draft top three fifty. There is only a couple names worth mentioning, and there's only one that is highly intriguing. That's Isjaia Wooden Junior, the receiver from Southern Utah, Dee Bright. I know that you're gonna talk about him, so I'll mention the second one. Austin Stagner, the tight end from Oklahoma, started his career at Oklahoma under Lincoln Riley, had a one year stopover in South Carolina, finished it, went back to Oklahoma to finish it out. Kind of a sad story. He was a top seventy five overall recruit who in twenty twenty was tremendous in that Lincoln Riley offense and looked like a future star. Looked like he could be one of the top tight ends whenever he came out. But that fall his season ended early because he had a staff infection and he ends up losing thirty five pounds, needed surgery, and they said he could have lost his leg in it. It's inspirational that he came back at all and is playing football and has been since, but he did not come back as the same player. The last three active seasons, he's had no more than two hundred and ten receiving yards in any of those seasons. And he was given an opportunity. You know. I mean at Oklahoma, denzelth Carolina and then Oklahoma again. He has the frame sixty six two fifty four and still has solid athleticism or decent you know, heading to the NFL sixty eight percent of athleticism. But I don't know if he has anything left but deeper, I think the more interesting name is is Isaiah Wooden Junior. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree with that wide receiver out of Southern Utah. I mean, look smaller guy, five to seven, one seventy six, but you look at his utility and some of the numbers just jump off the page. For I mean two point seventy four two point six four yards per rout run And I get it as a smaller school at Southern Utah, but I think he makes this roster dude. I mean you highlighted in your article he also should offer the Atlanta Falcons some return utility as far as with kicks and punts and stuff. But the other parts of his game he tested well. I mean you're talking about an athlete seriously, dude, Like ran a freaking four three five ninety ninth percentile in both twenty yard ten yard splits and the vert forty.
Speaker 2: And a half inch vert that kid jumps out of the building.
Speaker 1: So really the size doesn't matter. Like when you go to forty four inch vert, you're five to seven. I mean you're jumping to the height of somebody that like maybe say somebody that's five eleven six foot that doesn't have a very good vert. You're still getting up in the same kind of air rarefied air there. So I mean it's it's good stuff. Man. I think that he could make this roster, and if he does that, there's not a lot of names that stick out on this receiving depth chart for Atlanta behind Drake London, Darnel Mooney, and Rondel Moore, Like who's he competing with? What? Ray, Ray McLeod, Caderil Hodge, these are the Warriors. So definitely a guy that I think he can make the roster and I won't be surprised, you know, he carves out a pretty decent roll or pushes rondel Moore, who to this point in his career has been a massive disappointment considering where he went in the NFL draft. So you're telling me the Atlanta Falcons gave up pretty much nothing to get Rondel Moore, would I be that shocked if Wooden was starting in the slot in Week seventeen coming up this season. Nope, not at all, dude. But heading up this list some more. Who makes the next spot for UDFA rankings?
Speaker 2: Number thirty one is the Los Angeles Chargers, who I thought had a great draft, but they as not as inspiring work in the UDFA process. No prospect in my top three point fifty. They did have five that were in my pre draft top five hundred. The interesting names here for me were Jim Harbass signed one of his former Michigan Boys, Carson Barnhardt. I projected him as a guard, that's where I think he's headed at the NFL level, but he spent time at both right tackle predominantly the last couple of years, but last year he also had one hundred and eighty six naps at left tackle and one hundred and ninety four right guard. They were kicking him everywhere just to plug holes and to make room for people that Darius Henderson didn't start the season in that lineup and then came in, and so they were shuffling pieces around, and in so doing, Carson barneheard showed a little bit bit of versatility. Like I said, I think he's going to be a guard at the next level, but he at least has the break glass in case of emergency tackle utility. The only other guy, Zach Hines, I thought could be maybe a blocking tight end sixty six, two fifty nine. I'm not sure about more than that, but not a ton here to talk about either for the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Hines. I'll I'll just lop him off my list because for me with tight ends and this kind of this will be a consistent theme throughout this entire episode. If you were not athletic a tight end, I don't care about you in fantasy. If you run four the slower than a four to eight in fantasy, that's basically the coffin Neil. You can name on one hand over the last ten to fifteen years how many tight ends have been Fantasy relevant and ran four eight forties or slower. Athletics is the easiest thing to tie to not only fantasy production at tight end, but high end fantasy production. So all these guys were going to discuss here. If you don't, there's a DFA signing you like for your NFL team, and it's a tight end and you don't hear me bring them up, then it's probably because they're not athletic or not athletic enough to be fantasy relevant or at least projected that way, especially when we're not tying draft capital to him. So I agree with you on Hinzvan. I mean five flat forty two point two ras new Thank you, all right? Moving on man, Next team who is up here? As far as getting the thirtieth spot.
Speaker 2: That'd be the Houston Texans, who I would say that they slept through the UDFA process, except they signed the Jankie Twins. So it's like they signed the Jankie Twins from South Dakota State and then they more or less slept through the rest of it. Interesting decisions like I like that signing by the Texans. I thought it was a rather interesting or maybe I should say peculiar decision by the Jankie Twins themselves to both go to the Texans. Those kids ripped up the FCS and by the way, for people out there that don't know FCS football, South Dakota State was a juggernaut last year. They were the undefeated champions in the FCS. The Jankie Twins Jackson had thirty six hundred and seventy seven yards twenty nine touchdowns in his career two hundred and forty four catches. Jayden had one hundred and seventy catches, twenty eight hundred yards and thirty touchdowns. They're basically in the same physical package shicks two to twelve, and they're the ras that the athletics scorers were identical as well. They're identical twins. They were both sixty seven percentile in terms of that. But I thought it was peculiar because you're no longer going to be teammates with the Texans Jankie twins. You are now competing with one another for a job. The Murphy twins would be an example, we'll get to them later on of twins who broke up signing with different teams, one with the Vikings, one with the Dolphins try to juice the odds of making the roster. I don't think both these kids do, but I think one of them, whoever performs better, could have a shot on the depth chart. But yeah, that was about the extent what the Texans did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for the Jankee twins, I kind of hopped over them as far as a lot of these UDFA guys because there's gonna be plenty of wide receivers. I just looked at their analytical profiles, like they tested pretty well, man, no doubt about that. Just looking at their deeper analytical profiles, these super small school FCS guys, like I want to see you break out in a monstrous magical way to kind of project like overcoming the difference in the competition. That's why I was so high on Christian Watson because you could stack his numbers up against all the wide receivers when he came out in FBS and he was like top five and yards per route run, all these different things. And when I looked at their analytical profiles, like Jaden never eclipsed two point one four yards per out run until his final season at South Dakota State. Jackson was two point eight three in his third season. Like that's okay, but it's not amazing. The one guy I'll bring up here and I want to get your take on him for British Brooks. Interesting guy. I'm not telling you that he's amazing, but five ten two, nineteen eight point eight raz a lot of his his numbers. I think he's more of a grinder backs. I'll say that I don't think he's a massive explosive guy, but forty six point four breakaway run rate, three point two yards of to contact per attempt over one hundred and thirty nine carries at unc the testing like Perks on my ears, so does the size. And if you look behind Joe Mixon, I mean yes, like I still love Damian Pierce, don't get me wrong, but after that, it's who we worried about, Like could this guy ascend him be the RB three on this depth chart? I think it's possible, Like he's competing with Daria Gumbowale, Juir Jordan, who's really going to be a returner, so don't even worry about him. In the running back room. JJ Taylor's bounced around the league. My former love list guy who again has bounced around the league, Jared Doaks. I mean, really, it's not hard to Quinton see a possibility that British Brooks could be a guy that you need to put in your taxi squad because he could be the RB three on the Houston Texans roster after they break camp. And we all know one of the most injury prevalent because of the beating they take on a percarey basis. Thoor is running back. What are your thoughts on Brooks.
Speaker 2: I don't see it with Brooks at least as a running back. Yeah, I mean like last year he was on a milk cart in there. He's gotten bypassed by Omari and Hampton. That the year before he broke a couple explosive runs coming in off the bench. But concerns me for a fifth year player coming in who over his career combined those five seasons had eight hundred and forty eight yards in college in pretty good offensive environments at UNC, playing with some of those guys the light boxes. Before last year in the phil Ango scheme, he was consistently beaten out by other guys. So I would be surprised if he ends up surprising the NFL. But he does have the testing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disagree, man, I mean definitely a guy that. I mean the other thing we're talking about with a lot of UDFA guys, it's like, if you couldn't start on your collegiate team, then the likelihood that you're gonna start on an NFL franchise is even lower. So again, long shots with all these guys. But moving on, who's the next team who makes the twenty ninth spot in your UDFA class rankings.
Speaker 2: The Cleveland Browns come in twenty ninth For me, JV and Cohen, the guard from Miami is the most interesting guy, highest ranked on my board, the only guy that they got on my pre draft top three hundred and fifty. There was a shot he was going to get drafted, and there was people that were higher on Cohen than me. He is a guy who could compete for a job. The rest of these guys, I don't know about. Jalen Sundall, at least from North Dakota State, another FCS kit has some positional versatility. He played outside in college and some project him to center, some project him to guard. I had ranked him as a center. He's in both in terms of the experience he had there at NDSU, another really good FCS program then also is testing six ' five three h one ninety third percentile athleticism. But outside it looked like they were just shooting on trades. Like Amari and Brown. The wide receiver from South Carolina didn't do a lot in college. He does have four to three speed, so you're just bringing him in to give him a look. Aiden Robbins the top running back they signed the UDFA. Speaking of guys who their last season of college got on a milk carton because they got beaten out. Uh. Aiden Robbins had transferred up to BYU, hoping to on the bigger stage, to move to the big twelve, that that he was gonna, you know, make his mark and everything like that, and who knows, maybe even contending to get drafted. He certainly has a size fort six two two thirty seven sixty six percentile athleticism. But he was a backup running back last year his last season at BYU. Earlier in his career at UNLV, he was a tackle breaking machine, So you know, can he can he turn back the clock on that? What to see? But the rest of this this, I thought it was pretty uninspiring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought they I just think they just continued following suit with their their overall draft class. I thought their overall draft class was very under uninspiring or felt the same thing with their UDFA signings. On to the next team. Man who's at twenty eight The New York Giants.
Speaker 2: They got one guy that I'm I think can push for a spot here that I'm intrigued by. That's Case Rodgers, the defensive lineman from Oregon, six foot four and a half two ninety four with ninety eight percentile RAS size of justin athleticism. I thought, that's an interesting guy to bring in the rest of this class. There's a couple of dart throws, you know, again on athletic trades, but but not guys that I think are are gonna end up having a decent shot to make it. The Giants were in during this NFL draft where a record forty three trades were made. The Giants were the one team that was sort of just sitting back on their hands. They didn't make one of them. They stayed in their slots the entire time, and it seemed like that passive approach carried over into the UDFA process with the with the exception of mister Rogers, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disagree, man. The only skilled guy that they signed for UDFA was John Giles, and he didn't really pop at Western Florida. So it's like, if you can't handle it there again, the chances of you popping in the NFL probably not gonna happen. But speaking, you know, heading to the Midwest. Who's popping for the Green Day Packers at your twenty seventh ranked team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Packers did come out with my top ranked long snappers, so I'll give them that. They had the headset we're going deep. That's Peter Bowden, and they had a head start on him because Peter Bowden went to Wisconsin, so they got they got the shop local discount on all. Mister Peter Bowden. Uh, he absolutely could stick, you know as as far as that, so they probably pulled a roster guy there. The only other guy worth mentioning to me is trent A Jones from Michigan, and merely because trent A Jones. It's actually interesting, deebra. You recall last summer when Jim Nagy came out and said that he had more than five Michigan offensive linemen on the Senior Bowl watch list for this for you know what, the process that we just went through, and the reason for that is trent A Jones in particular, decided to stick around at Michigan, even though he entered each of the past several seasons as their sixth offensive lineman, decided to stick. He could have started anywhere else in the nation, but decided to stick around and he did end up getting pt you know during the shuffling the injuries. Like I mentioned, I project him as a guard and I don't think he's he's going to be able to do the oh I'll plug the tackle thing at the next level. Six foot four, three zero five seventy fourth percentile athlete. But you know, he was coached well, he was very valuable to Michigan, and you bring him in and maybe you get a backup interior offensive lineman out of him. But that was about all I saw in this class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody really checking the boxes for me. I mean, like again, just messiahs Winson, Like, I'm sorry, you're one point five as sir, I'm moving on blocking tight end. Yeah, exactly. Just not gonna sit here and you know, percolate the senses and make you want to draft him or put him on a dynasty squad man. But who's number twenty six? Moving on to the next team.
Speaker 2: New England Patriots. Only one name for me that that has my interest here and that's Johntrey Hunter, the linebacker from Georgia State. You know, every year in the draft we get weird evaluations. We get fascinating evaluations, we get airtight evaluations, we get not interested evaluation. You run the gamut. Hunter was was one of those weird ones for me this process. But I am pleased for him that he's at least gonna get a shot here because he has a really interesting profile. He's a terrible I'll start with the bad. He's a terrible athlete. He cannot be put in coverage. The only times he went out there, and this was in the G five, he got lit up. You cannot have him back in coverage. And in addition to that, as if that's not enough, he missed a metric ton of tackles the past couple of years might be the worst in this class, like in the entire draft class this year at linebacker at that he missed fifty tackles the last two years combined. So you're like, bor, why are you even talking about this guy? And why did the Patriots even say I was just about to ask that, what do you like about him?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: This is why John Trey Hunter is really really good at one thing, and one thing only. He is skilled at getting after the quarterback. You send that kid on the blitzes and he knows what he is doing. He gets through the creases, he can bounce off the glancing shots, and then he is gonna get after that quarterback. He piled up the pressures, piled up the sacks down there at Georgia State in the Sun Belt. Can that skill? Can it overcome the rest of it? Can? Will he be able to prove to New England and Camp that I could become potentially a situation pass rusher that you could use. He's gonna have to because the rest of it's not gonna play and the lack of tackling ability. You wonder if at the NFL level, if he can even be on the special teams. You know with that. But like I said, he does have a real skill for getting after the quarterback.
Speaker 1: I mean two point six ras. His technique better be freaking fire man. Because of the athleticism's that bad and the technique doesn't play up, He's not gonna last much longer. Aft to Camp, Dude, head to number twenty five. Who is the twenty fifth ranked team for you?
Speaker 2: The Indianapolis Colts coming at twenty five. The best player they got in the UDFA Keton Slovas from BYU. The afore mentioned BYU via Pitt via USC, and USC was the place where he had success for one season. In fact, after that freshman season, this we gotta go all the way back to twenty nineteen pre COVID era. That's when Keyton Slovas went nuts as a freshman at USC, dropped thirty five hundred passing yards and thirty touchdowns on seventy two percent on completions. And then in the pre draft process he tested as a ninety third percentile athlete in a decent physical package six foot two and a half two twenty three. The problem is everything in between the two things that just stated, the seasons in between that he ended up losing the job at USC, gotten banged up, but then you know the other quarterbacks that they had ends up losing that. And then he went about his journey. First to pit that was the post Jordan Addison year. He badly struggled there. Then he goes to BYU, badly struggled there as well. Can he sort of turned back the clock to what he was doing as a freshman, which was in an air raid system. What he showed back in twenty nineteen was making the quick decisions, making the correct read, you know, in those beats after the snap, getting the ball out, hitting a guy on the hands. He doesn't have a great arm, but the quick decisions and the short area accuracy is what he showed there these past couple of years. I think it was probably the off into scheme he was in that was pressing his arm a little bit too much, and he started taking some chances as well that turnover worthy plays in the interests that the road turnovers both spiked on him. Maybe maybe the Colts can work on him with that. Potentially a developmental guy and he's going to be competing in camp. I thought this was really interesting. They signed a second quarterback, Jason Bean from the University of Kansas.
Speaker 1: Uh, those here.
Speaker 2: Listening to us can't can't see me. But I'm wearing my Rock Chalk sweatshirt. You know, I'm always repping Repping Rock Chalk. Obviously, I had a lot of exposure to to Jason Bean as a as the world's foremost Jayhawk football fan. But Jason Bean is is interesting in me because former track star in high school and I'm talking and he was in Texas. He was a track star in high school and he has more arm talent than you would think. He can push the ball down to the third level no problem, he can evade people in the pocket, and for long stretches of games he will look like a guy that should have been drafted. The problem with Jason Bean has always been this, and this is why he started each of the last couple of years as QB two to Jalen Daniels the starter there. He glitches in the most baffling ways, reliably three to four plays a game, and that's it. But you know, every single game you go in, you're gonna get good Jason for the rest of it, and you're going to get bad mister Being for three to four plays. And those are when he makes these just wildly half hazard decisions, or he'll just like there won't be a teammate around, he'll throw and you know, to the defender, or you know, he'll do some crazy aggressive thing that it's like, bro, you cannot do that. Last year, so Jalen Daniels had gun down the starter for Kansas that brought Bean in, and Bean was playing well. They were able to scheme around or at least mitigate those glitches, like I said, and he was playing well, but then Bean got hurt, which Debro sent in a young freshman QB three into the lineup backas a guy by the name of Cold Ballard, who happens to be the son of Colts general manager Chris Ballard, who just signed Jason Bean to the roster. You want to talk about boots on the ground, de Bro, don't get any more boots on the ground than that.
Speaker 1: Nope, you're right, man, You're right man. I mean, I could just imagine Chris Ballard and his long flowing locks just on the sideline watching all these plays of Kansas just brushing his hair as the twenty mile anar wind just goes through it. It's it's it's amazing when you think about it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: The only guy moving on from that, the only guy that kind of jumped out to me a little bit for the Colts, was justin Strong and really it was just a physical package. I mean, nine point nine six raz dude is just a physical freak. Four point four to six forty you go down the ticker tape. I mean, he's just an athletic Marvel shoved in a five eleven two oh six package. His analytical and tackle breaking number were me at best thirty point nine percent breakaway rates, seventy five point five elusive ratings. So that's really not going to jump out to you.
Speaker 2: But if we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna go say, okay, this guy is hyper athletic. A lot of this maybe with system, maybe it was blocking things like that, He's coming from a smaller school and stuff. It's a name where people if you're inn and again going into deeper dynasty formats formats fourteen sixteen teamer or if you're just desperate in a rebuild, I could see stashing him on a taxi squad. Uh. But moving on to the twenty fourth ranked team four, I'm just gonna lead this off, Dude. There is not a skill guy that this team drafted that I care to even spend a word on. What do you think about this team and who is it?
Speaker 2: The Los Angeles Rams coming at twenty four and they're I the way they do things with the Rams, with the draft process, it's just different. And people know that, you know they used to have the heck them picks? Would that be a frick them pets? Maybe they just a half? That's that's that sort of added phrase. Yeah. I was like, don't get fired there don't get fired third. Uh, but during during the draft process and and that you know, during the heyday, and that that's changed. Now they got their their first round picks back and now you get to see a more fleshed out the way that they sort of see this thing and what they do. They they sort of zig where the NFL is ze gang where, And I'm talking about the draft process and and this UDF A class in particular, where they the guys they don't care as much about the testing at the combine or the prode is. What they care about is the tape that that they're watching, but then also the GPS metrics on that tape. So they care a lot more about your play speed while you're on the field in pads as opposed to how fast you ran the forty in Indianapolis or how you know, uh some of your broad jumped different stuff like that. And that's explicitly what led them to Debro's boy pookin the coua. Uh. They showed the video on the war room as they were picking Pook Akua and one of the I think it was Sneid who said, you know, you look at his testing numbers and he's at the bottom of the list, he goes, but if you just change it to his on field speed, he goes right to the top of the list, and and and then you know, run in the room was like getting all excited, Yeah, pooh, we love Puca Stape. And the rest was history with that. But this UDFA class was part and parce. You look at the RADS scores of the just the top guys that they signed. So they got seven guys on my top five hundred board. But here here are the percentiles on those guys for their athleticism. Thirty seven, thirty fifth, seventy ninth is the one exception, seventeenth, twenty fourth, tenth, twenty eighth. These are the guys that the rest of the NFL was like, yeah, that kid's not athletic enough to play in the league. But here's the commonality amongst those seven guys. They were all good college players. So the Rams are like, Okay, we'll take them for free and we'll bring them in and we'll see And they've shown a lot of success in identifying these guys and again going the other way. It's it's it's it's sort of a money ball way of doing it because the rest of the league is skewing these guys and so you get them on the cheaper that the Josh Wallace, the cornerback for Michigan was from last year's champs. Was was my top rated guy on my pre draft board three twenty one, and then the The only two skill guys they signed were at the bottom of my one. Drake Stoops three eighty nine, the son of former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and the nephew of the other Stoops that are coaching in football. Drake went to Oklahoma as well. He caught a lot of balls there. He was the guy who was ten percentile athleticism though at five nine. The other one, Sam Wigloose that they saw another receiver four to forty second on my list twenty eighth percentile athlete, but he ripped up the Mac at Ohio, so he like he was the dude, and he was one of the best skill players that they had in the MAC the past couple of years. So we'll find out if they have enough athleticism to not be nullifying but parton parcel for the Rams. Their strategy here with the udfas I had not.
Speaker 1: Seen until we started prepping for this show a one point zero raz But now say I've seen it all, thor I've seen it. I've seen it all. Shout out you see Oh yeah, shout out to them, man. But what did you see out of the twenty third ranked team here that you got on your list?
Speaker 2: The Tampa Bay Bucks come in next, the top rank guy, they and they got two guys in my top three hundred that The one who I think has got a shot here is Kaitlin Deloch, Florida State linebacker. Super duper undersized. Uh he's under six feet and he's two hundred and ten pounds, and you you'd you'd like a kid like that to be a stud athlete. And he's only sixty fifth percentile athleticism. But he was an awesome player in the ACC for a nasty Florida State defense last year seven sacks and twenty pressures. But again, tiny off ball linebacker, not an elite athlete. The way that he's going to have to make this roster DeLoach is through special teams, and he's got a shot to do it. He had four hundred and eighty three special team snaps at Florida State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there weren't any skill guys that I think, even baron mentioning here. So moving on, man, considering the things that this next franchise has done over the last few years in the draft, I was kind of surprised they were this slow. But again I'm bearing the lead here Thor who made the twenty second spot on your UDFA rankings.
Speaker 2: The Detroit Lions check in there and a team that I scored very highly their draft process. They weren't quite as aggressive in UDFA this year. They did have a couple names that are interesting. Steele Chambers, the linebacker from Ohio State, had a shot to get drafted. He was draftable on a lot of boards. On mine, he was one of the last guys who had a draftable great I had him two hundred and fifty fifth. We had two hundred and fifty seven picks in the class this year. But he's one of those guys who was like the rock steady, rock solid linebacker for a blue blood who it's like, we don't know if his skill set is diverse enough any he has the athleticism to be able to convert that game to the next level. But last year on a very good Ohio State defense. Chambers led that the Buckeyes with eighty three tackles, reliable tackler, very good in run support. But again the athletic limitations to length limitations, that's the problem here. And the only other guy that was in my top three hundred, I'm gonna let you talk about Debro because he's interesting Isja Williams, that wide receiver from Illinois.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought he was very interesting.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: The problem is for Isaiah is I think he's extremely interesting. But he played seventy four percent of his career collegiate snaps in the slot, So you're looking at a player that's automatically going to be blocked by amanas Saint Brown. But I gotta bring him up here, man, just for the reasons you said, like he is very, very freaking interesting, A thirty eighth in yards per route run. I look at him as I just look at him, to be honestly, like to package this for everybody, I think he's cheaper Malakai Corley, Like, why did it team drab Malackai Corley when you could have signed Isaiah Williams as a UDFA And people say, really, that's what you think about him? With a six point three ras. He got ding did raz pretty hard for his size if you look at the deeper parts of it and his straight line speed, like he ran a four six three forty. But if you look at everything else, it paints a much rosier and complete picture about his athleticism. As an eighty eighth percentile avert, eighty six percentile shuttle, and ninety second percentile three cone for he was ninth amongst all wide receivers in FBS last years in miss tackles forced. So like, if you're a team like the Jets, why did you drab Malakai Corley when you just could have signed Isaiah Williams. He will never know, but I think the Detroit Detroit Lions got a good signing there. Again, I think he's blocked bi Amena. I say Brown, but a talented player. I do think he sticks on the roster. Who do you think sticks on the roster for this next team that you have at twenty first?
Speaker 2: I got the Cincinnati Bengals coming in there, and I think the best shot is Aaron Casey, the linebacker from Indiana. The Bengals were actively going after attacking the linebacking position once the draft ended on Saturday night. They so they ended up losing a bidding war for this kid, Lavelle Bailey, who went to Fresno State. He ended up going to the Broncos. Had mentioned that the only coach that talked to him on the telephone after the draft was Sean Payton. That ended up being the tiebreaker. So Cincinnati sort of audibled off that plan, ends up getting both Casey and then a linebacker from Wisconsin. I don't know how to pronounce his last name, Mema is his first name. But they each got fifteen thousand dollars signing bonuses and a little bit more guaranteed in the first year salary. I think one of those two guys, I think they're sort of tipping their hand about that that, you know, one of those two guys, who ever plays better, has a real shot to make the roster. But you know, outside of that, not as many interesting guys. The only other name worth mentioning in Dee Brol. I'll coick it to you talk about this guy a little bit more was a small school potential sleeper Cortland state wide receiver Cole Burgess who has a fascinating athletic testing profile.
Speaker 1: Dude, I was not expected to see that type of athlete going undrafted. I mean Cole Burgess, for everybody just now hearing his name, eighty seven catches, one hundred like, thirteen hundred and seventy five receiving yards, sixteen tudies at Cortland State. I get the small school, but nine point eight raz for four point four to five forty ninety eight percentile avert, ninety nine percentile broad jump like and Cincinnati has made that kind of their thing over the last few years. I mean, the former freaklister Andre Yoshavas is on this roster. They drafted Jermaine Burton in the third round. They have coveted high end athletes on this depth chart. So you look at the other guys on this receiving depth chart. I get Cole Burgess would have a lot of climbing to do, but it's not exactly a tall mountain thor to climb over Kendrick pryor Sdrick Jackson, Shrinton Irwin like all of these guys like those are not guys that you need to be worried that much about. If Cole Burgess can show out in camp, and maybe this is a guy that where I'm out in the streets in preseason dfs this upcoming season, and I'm like, hey, look at this guy. They could be a name that people need to earmark, one for taxi squads and dynasty, but two a name that we could be hearing continually in training camp. What are your thoughts on Burgess.
Speaker 2: It's just that it's an interesting dart throw in terms of the athleticism. That's the kind of guy that you want to take the shot on.
Speaker 1: In sir, A big, big agree. Moving on to the next team here a small class or for the Aarzona Cardinals at twenty two signings man, either one of these guys jump out to you.
Speaker 2: Two signings on my top five hundred board. They've got a couple other guys, but they were lower, and they explicitly came out after it maybe felt like they had to give an explanation for it. Their assistant general manager, Dave Sears, ended up explaining to the media that they had more guys on their roster than in typical years, so they were closer to that ninety man limit, So they explicitly didn't were not as aggressive in UDFA. The reason that they ended up getting higher despite having only two guys on that they signed on my pre draft five hundred was that one of them I thought was draftable and the other one just fell outside of that range. So the quality was there. Of the top guys, Miles Murphy, the defensive lineman from UNC, is the guy that I had a draftable great on. He's it's an interesting profile with him. He has good size, he had three years starting experience in the ACC, and he is showing the flashes. In twenty twenty one, he had nine tackles for lost and four sacks as a sophomore, But the past two years that UNC defense devolved into the gutter and Murphy's production went along with it. Last season only four point five tackles for loss and one sack. But Arizona will see that they obviously need bodies there on the front. They'll see if they can end up turning him into that and that three four predominantly three four front that they run. People will recall they drafted Darius Robinson specifically looking at that his fit in that defensive front. Miles Murphy absolutely could fit there as a backup three to four end, but he's going to have to prove it in camp that that he can turn it around after the last couple of disappointing years. The other guy that they signed that was on my board, I'll let you talk about him a little bit more debro, but interesting guy. More for the Dynasty folks out there. Colorado receiver Xavier Weaver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Weaver is interesting and definitely not at the tip top of this class as far as UDFA signings. Really good production at us USF, but then we saw that kind of fall off whenever he transferred to Colorado. But again bringing up the USF production again, going from one scheme to the other, transferring schools and all that type of movement. Sometimes, you know, I'm willing to give a guy a little bit of a benefit of the doubt, considering decent size, six foot tall, a little bit skinny, but seven point nine raz three point zero and two point nine yards per route run before he made the transition to Colorado, So he's interesting. It would probably be something where you're looking at again like deeper leagues fourteen sixteen teamers for Dynasty's where you're getting probably that far down the board to stash him on a taxi squad. But again, a name that people need to know. Speaking of more names to know, man who is at nineteenth for your UDFA rankings. As far as their class.
Speaker 2: Nineteen is the Buffalo Bills, and going along with the name theme, they signed the best name to team fit in this entire class with their top rank signing, which was Keton Bills from Utah. So Bills signed with the Bills and we'll see if he can hang around. It'd be fun to get that Bill's last name on the Bills jersey if he can make the active roster offensive guard projection to the next level six four three twenty four fifty fifth percentile athlete.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that's guard is what he played at at Utah, left guard in particular twenty six hundred a little over twenty six hundred snaps at left guard at Utah, so very experienced there, strong run blocker. He needs help in pass protection. So that's that's what they're gonna have to work on him initially, and then the the top skill guy. I'll kick it back to U de Brough to talk a little bit about Frank Gore at the bell sign Frank Cord Junior, I should say.
Speaker 1: Frank FRANKO junr Junior Junior. This is not the old man coming out of retirement, although if you look at pictures of Frank Gore, he looks like it's still tote the rock fifteen times a game. Looking at Frank Gore junior man, I mean, look, I know the size is a concern five eight one. I get the testing is still a concern, a terrible forty times four point sixty nine at that type of size. I'll still bring him up here because if you look at the tackle breaking metrics in comge, you look at the receiving utility, there's still something there that I think necessitates being worthy of a dynasty taxi squad, especially if you're a rebuilding team or you need running back dep So not a name that I'm immensely mentally high on, but again a name that does need to get brought up here. Who are the names that need to get brought up for the number eighteen team coming.
Speaker 2: Into eighteen Las Vegas Raiders. The top guy that they signed on my pre draft board was to Lu Griffin from Mississippi State in terms of his off wide receiver, in terms of his projection there potentially slot, but really the reason that you sign him, it's to push yourr with to get a job as a returner. In twenty twenty two, to Lu Griffin led the FBS with thirty two point three yards per kick return and when he hits his top gear, that kid can fly. He's been clocked as high as twenty two miles per hour on the GPS. Only other name that I'll bring up is the tackle they signed for in TCU, Andrew Kolker, And merely because of how aggressive they were and going after him, Andrew Cocher ended up getting two hundred thirty thousand dollars guaranteed from Las Vegas, and Las Vegas is short on offensive tackled up. So I think they're telling you that they believe that Andrew Coker has a solid chance of making that roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's a really good call. Man. Who do you think that this seventeen team, the Dallas Cowboys? Who do they make good calls on? As far as DFA signings?
Speaker 2: The one that I like the Cowboys Usually they're way more aggressive in UDFA. This year they sort of sat back on it. They only had one guy inside my pre draft top three hundred seventy five prospects. That's Brevin span Ford the tight end from my local school here in Minnesota. I know that BREVN. Span Ford is going to be a good blocking like he absolutely can handle blocking in the NFL and could be one of the better ones in terms of that because he's a mini offensive tackle. He's six foot almost seven, two hundred and sixty pounds and okay, at least North South athlete at sixty eight percentile overall for ras the and but he's a weird evaluation in that he was you have the blocking stuff with him, and prior to last year, he had shown the receiving chops, which was not a surprise because he was when he was back in high school. He comes out of Saint Cloud Tech, it's high school here in Minnesota North he was a stud dual threat guy receiver and edge rusher. And what they would do with him as a receiver, he'd just be out there on the boundary. They would just throw jump offs to him, and he like it was unfair. That was the game. It was just you know, toss up to that stuff to brevnspan Ford and then he you know, he transitions to tight end with the golphers and he the receiving utility that he had given them. It was more and more and more each year up through twenty twenty two. Last year it utterly disappeared, and that's what we have to figure out what went on there. He was zero percentile in PFF receiving grade last year, dropping nine balls, only cut twenty five for an incredible twenty six point drop eight, and he only had two catches that came ten or more yards down field. So that's that's the not great Bob. But the year before that, like I said, he was showing that receiving utility with the blocking stuff. And when he went back to school last year, coming into this season, he was viewed as a top five tight end in this class. The Cowboys are gonna have to figure out in camp what happened to Brevin span Ford's receiving utility. Can we get that back on track or has it? Has it you know, uh, you know gone away into the night like Chuck Knoblock's ability to throw to first base. That's what we're gonna have to find out with Brere. But he he is. He is interesting because.
Speaker 1: That is a Minnesota that was a Minnesota pull. If I've ever heard one wow man out of left field. Again, we're going with the baseball analogies, man, but I'm with you on span Ford again. The the athleticism is not amazing, but I think he definitely checks the box of meeting the threshold of if he can get back to that utility because you talked about the receiving utility or twenty twenty two. This is a tight end we're talking about with sixteen yards per route run and seventh the PFF receiving grade, like it doesn't jump off the film as like, holy crap, look at this guy, but he could beat his own coverage. I'm with you in that. I think he's gonna be a good blocker in the NFL as an inline guy that can beat linebackers, can win versus his own coverage. I think that definitely. If you look at this also, this this tight end depth chart behind Jake Ferguson, you got a lot of like Luke Schoomaker, Okay, well, could he beat him out possible? Peyton Hendershot, could he beat him out for a roster spot? Again? Possible? So I look at this depth chart right behind Jake Ferguson as being wide open, where if you have talent, he bounces back and he proves he can play, he could stick on this roster and maybe as the tight end two. So I'm totally with you, man. And if you're looking to sign all these UDFA guys, you're going deep down the well. Then again, you're playing fantasy. You gotta head to Reality Sports online. Powerful fantasy sports platform owners get to build and manage their fantasy teams just like an NFL GM. Have you tried it yet? I'm guessing if you're listening to this, you gotta get up into it. Man, you're a sicko just like us. Free agency, multi year contracts, rookie year draft, multi team trades, franchise tax, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and a ton more. It's not complicated. It just offers you another layer of strategy to beat your opponents. If you think you're amongst the fantasy elite, this is the platform to test your metal. Go test out a free GM your GM skills for free in a mock free agency auction today. Use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount in your team league today as the promo code fantasy pros ten off on your team or league today. Fantasy just got realed Reality Sports online dot com thor who makes the list? Who is the median right here at coming in at sixteen?
Speaker 2: That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers, who end up signing three guys in my top three hundred pre draft board. No one that I had a draftable great on, but Beanie Bishop, the cornerback from West Virginia, was right outside of that. I comped him to a Meek Robertson five, nine hundred and eighty pounds, sixty third percentile athlete on him. The other two were offensive skill guys. Dwan Edwards, a guy de bro we saw down in Mobile at the Senior ball. I'll let you talk a little bit more about him, but I had m two hundred and sixty first on my board. Not a surprise that he didn't get drafted because the measurables, but the Steelers did well I think to bring him in at least as at Cambody. And then the one that I was more interested in was John Rice Plumbley, the quarterback from UCF who was also a UCF center fielder and at times on the same day where he would play the one sport, and then they'd take him in the to the other side of the facility and he says, you know, put his now, he's putting his football, he's taking a baseball jersey. Ob he's putting his football pads on. And then you know, playing the other one. He he's he's like a renaissance man. This kid. Earlier in his career, he started a quarterback in Rich Rodriguez's system, by the way, giving the hook to Matt Corrall, because you know the Rich rodrigaz system obviously Pat White, the old West Virginia, the spread option stuff. John Rice's Plumbley, a fabulous athlete, was a really good fit for that six foot two, pot three eighty eight percentile athlete. Then the next coaching staff came in, they put corral back in that so John Rice Plumbley played slot receiver for a bit that the next season. Then he transfers to UCF where the you know, he took over as the starting quarterback for Gus Mel's on there past couple of years. And then of course the the baseball stuff. He's not only a good athlete, he's got some snap in that arm, more so than you would think from his frame and like the baseball stuff that that's where you know, you can see that when he's chucking that ball from the warning track in center field. He's got that. The question with him is if he just focuses on the one sport, can the Steelers improve the rest of it with him? Like the thing of standing in the pocket and having to go through the reads can be an issue for Rice Plummy. Sometimes you see him locking onto that pre delineated read, missing some open guys that are on the other side of the field, and then the accuracy comes and goes. That thing. The latter I think is something where it's more easily you can at least improve upon that because it's his mechanics. And sometimes you see the baseball thrower and John Rice Plumbley where he's whipping that thing like he would whip a baseball, and it's like John Rice, we just there's a couple modulations we have to make here. But he can absolutely get the ball down the field, as mister Javon Baker would let you know. Javon had one of the highest aid dots in the nation last year's Deeper and I talked a lot about this spring and John rice plummy is the guy that could get it down to him. The pocket presence thing, the accuracy, fine tuning those mechanics, the technique is what the Steers are gonna have to work on there. But he has an interesting, versatile, fleshed out skill set where he's interesting to bring into camp. And maybe maybe maybe you harken back to a poor man's slash kind of a thing with John rice Plumby, because you have a lot of different utility, a lot of different scaling, you try them at different positions. Maybe if it doesn't work out at QB.
Speaker 1: Well, and we hear all this stuff coming out of the Steelers camp and stuff talking about oh what do we use and I don't think this happens, but do we use justin fields as possibly with these new kick return rules and stuff? And I'm like, you gotta put justin fields out there for returns. You could just use John riss Plumbley. Just keep him on the roster, baby, he's definitely got the freaking athleticism throor four point five to one freaking forty yard ash. You talked about his athleticism, this guy in twenty nineteen as a freaking freshman at Ole, miss ran for over one thousand yards, so I think there is absolutely a possibility. And you look at how the Steelers are stacking up this quarterback room with athletes and running with Russell Wilson justin Fields. I'm sorry, the person that completes that room, that fits that type of mold is not Kyle Allen. It's John Rice Plumbley. So I think that he should be considered the favorite, not Kyle Allen, to win possibly the QB three job in Pittsburgh. And if that's the case, yes he deserves and should be on somebody's dynasty taxi squad man. But moving on to this next team, dude, and this is always a popular team to talk about because everybody loves offense. They love this team at all parts of pieces. Who made the fifteenth spot for DFA, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The fifteen slot coming in there is the San Francisco forty nine ers. Not the most inspiring class, but there was a couple interesting names out here. The biggest one for me by far is Cody Schrader there running back from Missouri. He is a good fit for San Francisco. His zone blocking scheme, that's what he ran at Missouri. He has jobbed for that. He has good vision, very good footwork. He runs with pace and tempo as those those zone blocks start setting up, and he does a really good job of denoting, like you know, it's like patients, patients, pagers waiting for it, waiting for it, and then denoting that time where Okay, now's my moment. The one cut thing change changed the path of him, and now we're getting urging through that hole. I really liked that about him. I think probably the forty nine ers did as well. He breaks arm tackle attempts and bounces away from off angle attempts as well. Very tough kid, more on the grinder aspect, you know, side of the polarity. Five eight and a half two hundred and two pounds and only a twenty third percentile athlete. That's obviously why he didn't end up getting drafted. But he was a bellcow from Missouri last year and a really good Missouri team that went to a BCS ball and upset Ohio State, and and Cody Schrader played really well in that game as well. The one thing we didn't get to see as much with him was the receiving utility at Missouri because their their wide receiving core. People need to understand this about it is the Missouri's wide receiving cor is nasty. Next spring when we're talking Luther Burden, their wide receiver one, he's gonna be a first round pick, so we're gonna be talking about him a lot. But their second and third receivers were also good, so they just didn't That's where the usage was going when the ball was in the air, so like that's where Traders sort of got his blows. But he we talked to him down at Mobile and he said he wanted to show his receiving chops down there because he didn't get to show it at Missouri. I was impressed with him. He ran good routes, he was getting separation and catching the ball down the field. I didn't I didn't see Cody Schrader flubbing balls down there. So at least he showed you that He's gonna have to show more of that in camp because he is a terrible pass blocker. He does not bring the same sort of lunch paale dog mentality that he does in running that he you know, into the pass pro element of his game. But he was the most interesting guy in that class for me.
Speaker 1: T Bro, Yeah, I don't disagree with you, man. I like Cody Schrader definitely showed me a lot more mobile than I was expecting. And the other thing is five to eight I get it, two outs. But he has compactly built, Like if you look at his legs when I noticed that it's some mobile, He's thick, dude. His lower half is thick. He can run through arm tackles. Just like you said. I wasn't surprised so much by how he tested, but I think he is definitely going to stick on the forty nine ers roster. Two different parts. I think he maximizes every single carry and run that he has given. His vision is really good. He follows his blocks, he gets every blade of grass that he's supposed to get with his with his touches. So I think NFL coaches coaching stats are going to love him. And as much as that type of work ethic to ascend to what he did in college is definitely going to carry over to the NFL as well as if you talk about the composition of that roster, Elijah Mitchell and Jordan Mason are both free agents after this season, so it could be Cody Schrader. If it's not Isaac Grindo, it could be Cody Schrader that's backing up CMC after this season. The other guy that stuck out to me and I wasn't expecting to find this guy when as we're, you know, preparing for this show. But Tanner Mordecai, man, like, holy crap, man, what an athlete. That's the first thing I got to bring up here nine point two raz. I mean, we're talking about just box after box after box after box as far as athleticism. Just check check check four point five forty. You look at his vert, has broad his shuttle, his three cone, all of these testing metrics are checking in as the eighty third percentile or higher. I wasn't expecting to see that thor The other thing about him is went from SMU, transferred to Wisconsin, broke his hand in his final season, so we weren't able to see the full season out of him. I liked some of the things I saw in film from him. I thought his accuracy ball placement was pretty good. He has to work on getting through progressions. A lot of plays where he's missing open receivers just doesn't even see them in the progression. But the thing that needs to get brought up with that athleticism is the rushing utility had at least last year thirty six rushing yards or higher and fifty percent of his starts. You're telling me like this guy would be competing with Brandon Allen for the QB three spot, and we're looking at a depth chart for San Francisco like they're kind of tipping their hand here, Like I know they went down the Trey Lance well in previous years that didn't work out. But the guys that they are putting on this roster behind brock Party kind of fit a certain archetype for like signing Tanner Mordecai, and you also have Josh Dobbs, who is an athletic guy that can offer some things with his legs. It's interesting, I'll say that, And so I'm not projecting massive things. I hope he makes the team. I think there's a path to that. What are your thoughts on Tanner before we move on that.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. He is interesting. Earlier in his career at SMU, he was he showed some stuff well first of all, but he began at Oklahoma and then he couldn't get on the field and then which no shame in that if you look back at the quarterbacks that Lincoln Riley had there. Then he goes to SMU and he ripped it up at SMU and then he used his COVID season to go what was on paper on on the surface and inspired transfer portal decision to go to Wisconsin, joined Luke Fickles's first team and play in the Philongo offense. Inspired Philongo came comes came from unc inspiring because the previous quarterbacks for Phil Longo, they all got drafted into the NFL, including the last one very high. That was Drake May. Prior to that, it was Sam Howell. Prior to that, it was Matt Correll. Now now we're really going full circle with his full thing. But Phil Longo helped all those guys put up absolutely bazooka numbers. So that's where Mordecai went, you know, hoping that that was going to be his audition. Then I get drafted and he struggled at Wisconsin last year. That that whole offense was you know, and you have to say they were some of the they brought in guys in the portal like Morte kind a couple other guys, but they were also I don't want to use the word stuck, but there was a lot of guys that had been recruited there for the power run scheme that, as everyone out there knows, Wisconsin had run for years and years and years and years and years, and then all of a sudden you switched to Phil Longo spread system out of the shotgun where it's just a totally different thing with the single back, and some of the pieces that were the carryover pieces just were not great fits for that. I'm not trying to give Tanner Mordecai. I'm not trying to excuse the play last year, but there are some contextual things to suggest why it wasn't quite as good last year. And you do have to say he was a guy that Oklahoma targeted. They're only going after the top quarterbacks coming out of high school. And then when Mordecai got a shot at SMU, played really, really good. But they're gonna have to flip back the clock on him the passing game too when he was at SMU, and then, like you said, potentially leverage some value out of that athleticism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disagree, man, he is very very interesting. Did you see anybody, because I'm just gonna I'll tell you straight up this next team up here, I didn't see anybody from a skill perspective that I thought was super super interesting. I think there's one of two names that I mean, you might be bringing up as far as skill wise here. What did you see out of the fourteenth rank Miami Dolphins UDFA class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the Dolphins, they didn't get any one in my pre draft top two twenty five, and they only got one higher than three hundred on my board, but they had an interesting strategy where it was sort of opposite of was it the Cardinals before where they only had the two guys but they were both higher ranked. The Dolphins went the opposite way and it was like spray the board. They ended up getting ten guys on my pre draft five hundred, all ranked between two thirty four. Was the highest guy Grayson Murphy, the brother of Gabriel, the aforementioned Gabriel down to four fifty six. So it was and most of them, nine of them, the other ones were three hundred or lower Grays and Murphy is so just like we're going to talk about with Gabriel later with regards to the Vikings, they were very good edge rushers at Texas had gone there as twins. They were great, but the pressure numbers, the sack numbers, et cetera. Then they transferred up to u C. L A the past couple of years and they got to do the their take team routine with mister le So UCLA had the nastiest pass rush the past couple of years. Some of the other parts of their team, Chip Kelly, it went wayward on him, but the offense so frustrated Chip that he ended up leaving the school to go to Ohio State. He's like, I want to I want to coach talented offensive players again. But the defense was nasty for for UCLA. So it was it was weird for Chip Kelly team. But the Murphy twins were a predominant. Part of that reason both of them didn't get drafted is because even though they have the athleticism and the pass rushing profile, both of them have crazy short arms, like some of the shortest arms in the entire class of anyone that at that position that tested even at a pro day. So that's why he fell down. As far as the other guys. The one sort of overall thing that I noticed about this Miami class. They you know again, they weren't they weren't shelling out for the top undrafted guys, but they were taking sort of calculated risks. Either on Murphy, it was the short arm, so we'll bring in you know, you had it on the field. But then a series of other guys, it was on athletic traits. Mark Perry. This eight different TCU Storm Duck, the all name Storm Duck at cornerback come from Louisville this past time he had transferred up from the G five and then wide receiver Ja Kwon Burton are all stud athletes Ja Kwon Burton that the last one more interesting for fantasy guys. Potentially two time Feldman freaklister. The consistency wasn't there for him at FAU, But then again, the FA's passing game stunk the past couple of years, so you at least have to give him that. Ja Kwon Burton potentially a slot option and a special teams guy. Storm Duck is the guy that we all need to hope and pray that he improves his instincts and technique because the athleticism is all there and he has flash plays as well, it's just there's some He's like the Jason Bean of cornerbacks, where there's a couple of plays per game. He just gets torched and it's like, bro, what were you, like, why were you looking into the backfield on that play? It clearly wasn't a running play, or he gets crossed up by by like very straightforward moves. Got to work on Storm Duck with that. But we have to hope he gets there because he's obviously going to be an all Name team guy if he does. The only other guy that all shout out is Gavin Hardison from UTEP, the quarterback, just for this reason. He's got a gun that he has. Gavin Hardison legitimately has one of the best arms in this class, just pure arms. But he reads the field like it's covered in Sanskrit. But he makes the most baffling decisions that you'll ever see. And last year there was some you know, there was hope for him because, like I said, he can whip that ball, has a legitimately enormous arm and very pretty spiral and when you're just you know watching him, you just you know a little bit from the tree tops. He's like, man, this kid could be some, but last year he was struggling so bad with the decision making of throwing the ball to the opponents that utep a team that it had a coaching staff that was desperately trying to cling onto their jobs. It ended up failing. And I don't want to say it was Gavin Hardison's faunt, but Gavin Hardison's play did not help, which the coaching staff explicitly told you by benching him last year. So NFL type arm all day, but the coaching staff of the Dolphins are going to have to work on the rest of it with mister Gavin Hardison.
Speaker 1: Your comp for him, brock Berlin is a name that I have not heard in a very, very.
Speaker 2: Very long time. Shout out to the state of Florida. We've had some symmetry that ever, that one that took me back.
Speaker 1: I read that comp and I was like, oh, okay, I'm in the wayback machine right now, man. But getting back to the present day, man who makes thirteenth on the list.
Speaker 2: The Tennessee Titans do and one guy. Now we're going to start, you know, as we go forward here, Now we're going to get to some more interesting both prospects in general that I think I have a really good shot tank, but also in particular for our audience, the Dynasty Dash fantasy guys. The Titans crop had one. Dylan Johnson, the running back from Washington via Mississippi State, was the two hundred and second r prospect on my pre draft board. The one guy that the Titans guy who had a draftable great although they had one other that was just outside that, Khalat Duke, the edge rusher from Kansas State. Dylan Johnson interested me and deebro We had talked about him. I believe on the Sleeper episode that we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you brought him on that one.
Speaker 2: So the one thing he does categorically does not have is foot speed. He had a four six eight forty to confirm that during the pre draft process. He also had a poor broad jump. However, so Dylan Johnson gets recruited out of high school by Mike Leach into that air raid system and caught a metric ton of balls in his first three seasons at Mississippi State, one hundred and forty nine of them to be exact, over those first three seasons. Very valued receiver there. That stuff was all good and also whether this was something he brought to college or whether this is something that he just worked on and improved that as a matter of pragmatism because of the system he was in. Dylan Johnson a very good pass blocker as well, and that needs to be noted because this class did not have a lot of them at that position, but he was one of them. Then for his final season, Dylan Johnson transfers from Missippi State to Washington and his usage flips where it goes from being the predominant throwing the ball throwing the ball but not as many carries to where last year on that Washington team that ends up making the national title game, Dylan Johnson had two hundred and thirty three rushing attempts for nearly twelve hundred yards and sixteen touchdowns. The kid is tough as nails. He was injured from November on last year at least, and played through all these different injuries. The Texas game, people will recall he had to get carried off the field and it almost turned into it like his body just sort of gave out on him because he had been playing through all these injuries and it almost turned into this weird thing where then the clock stopped, which which almost gave Texas a shot to come back at the very end. But he couldn't really blame Dylan Johnson for that because he had been played, like I said, playing hurt for it seemed the entire time I thought for sure he was going to be out for the National Title game. No, Dylan Johnson was back for that. Toughest nails. Toughest nails can handle the usage. He's going to be a value added to the passing game. The only thing for Dylan Johnson in camp is to prove that his lack of foot speed, lack of explosion, that that is not nullifying to an NFL future, that he will be able to provide enough a value add in the passing game, maybe some short yarded stuff like he did at Washington, like I said last year for the runner up sixteen touchdowns to carry on the roster. But this is an interesting player, especially because after the top two guys that the Titans have in that room, they don't have a lot. So there is an RB three job that will be up for grabs in camp, and Dylan Johnson is going to be near the top of the line in that Derby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I fully agree with everything you said about Dylan Johnson there, buddy. The only thing I'll add is one point two to two or higher yards per route run in two of the last three seasons. They if he wins that RB three job, he needs to be on Dynasty rosters. Just I mean, absolutely needs to be on Dynasty rosters. All right, baby, we're cracking into the top twelve teams. Thor who gets.
Speaker 2: To go first? The Baltimore Ravens come in at twelfth. They had six guys in my pre draft five hundred. One of them they're top signing is the reason that they ended up getting this high because the other five were outside my top three hundred. But they got juiced in my metrics because they signed bow Braid, another shop, local discount here lockdown the Borders to sign bow Braid, a kid who grew up in the state of Maryland, went to play for the Maryland Terps in college, and now the Ravens are are bringing him home, you know, keeping him home. I guess I should say he bo Braid. I was surprised he didn't get drafted because his game, it's the prototypical backup safety in the NFL in that he gives you run support and he doesn't embarrass himself in coverage, so long as you keep them away from the one on one stuff where he has f is back to the quarterback. He gonna get singed if you do that. But if it's just the full field in front of him, the free safety thing, surveying the whole thing, and then coming down hill making the decision, then that's the stuff that he is good at. He's reliable at it. Like I said, he will come up and help and run support. He also gives you a special teams utility, So I think that kid hangs around as a backup safety, special teamer. I don't know that he gives you anymore that the athletic limitations. He's six foot two three fifty third percentile athlete. But he showed enough at Maryland to project as a guy who's gonna hang on to the back of an NFL roster, and I think he's gonna do it by saying and then say to Maryland, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: The only guy I'm gonna bring up here is Chris Collier. And if people don't know the name, well you need to go look at some lock Haven tape. Yes, I said lock Haven. Look at this guy though, for five ten, two oh three, nine point seven one raz four point five forty. He's got the size, he's got the athleticism. I mean checking box after box eighty second percentile or higher in almost every athletic testing metric after Derrick Henry on this roster thwarts, you got what Justice Hill Well, Baltimore knows what they got in him. Keaton Mitchell's coming off the acl Rashi and Ali. I'm sorry, I'm just not worried about him and Collier. Look, is there something to be said about the jump massive jumping competition. Absolutely, but also a player at lock Haven last year over almost fourteen hundred rushing yards fifteen total touchdowns. Dude, like he's got the utility, he's got the testing. He's a guy that's interesting man. I mean, look, I couldn't even watch a ton of film. I had to go like literally to YouTube and watch try to watch find something on this guy so I can get a sense of his game. Ran through arm, tackle, surprising burst. I mean, the testing shows up on his film. So you're talking about deep dynasty guys that people have never heard of. And while we're doing this freaking show, man, Collier's a guy that I'm earmarking. I will be adding a bunch in my leagues just looking at that depth chart.
Speaker 2: Monster, deep bro, your cop.
Speaker 1: Was interesting too. You had Antoni Pitman. I was like, oh, very very interesting man. But now we've broken into the top twelve. What's the next team in the docket?
Speaker 2: Next coming up is the Chicago Bears, who did something very similar to what they did in last year's UDFA process when they signed my top undrafted quarterback Tyson Bagent Hung on the roster. We got to see him a bet he started in four games. This year, they did the exact same thing. They signed Austin Reid from Western Kentucky, my top undrafted quarterback. I had him just at the very end of my draftabole grades. In fact, the Bears ended up getting three guys who I just inside that ranked two hundred and forty third to fifty fourth on my pre draft board. And like I mentioned, two hundred fifty seven picks in the draft, So all those guys come in right there. But Austin Reid threw, so he started out at West Florida. You shout it out John Giles before the wide receiver there. West Florida is a D two school and for people that don't know out there, they throw the ball a whole heck of a lot. So that's where Austin Reid like began and and won a national champion D two National championship in twenty nineteen. Earlier in his career West Florida. That opened up the opportunity with the FBS programs after the COVID season, so he got a shot with Western Kentucky and he goes there and throw last two seasons seventy one to twenty two TDI and T rate for Austin Reid. Now, it's a gimmicky offense, the air raid offense that Helton runs there where the ball gets out really quick. I made this conflation several times during the draft process. But Bonix and Austin Reid were the two guys in the categories, way at the top above everyone in terms of the release time, the average release time. They both were by far the quickest in this class because both systems, it's like, here's your read beforehand. No pun intended with the guy we're talking about now, but here it is beforehand. Get that ball out quick and then the other thing that lowest A dots in the class. So those two guys were hand holding on both those different things. There was opportunities with Reid when it wasn't that the screen right away where he'd stand back in the pocket. He did show me the ability to go to the other side of the field on the reads when he had to, and he does have accuracy in the short area. The thing that he categorically lacks is an NFL arm to go downtown? Can he he could pay per cut you shorten and intermediate if you give him that system where where some of this stuff is on the play, you give it to him. Or it's the quick hitting concepts, the timing concepts, some of the anticipatory stuff he can do as well. But when you ask that kid to throw the ball forty yards or more down the field, that's where you're asking for trouble. Didn't really do it in college a whole lot, so that that sort of caps the ceiling there. But he's gonna be fighting Brett Rippian for QB three duties. I assume Bagin is locked into to QB two, but the Bears could have the youngest quarterback room in the NFL. If Austin Reid ends up, they might anyway, but if he ends up beating a Rippyan, because then you'd have the two rookies, obviously the number one pick on top there and then beagent from last year. The other guy I wanted to shout out was James Kromer from James Madison via Rutgers. He at Rutgers, he didn't do it, but he's an edge rusher with some interesting measurables six foot three and a half, two seventy four, ninety six percentile athleticism, so he can he can get on top of you. The thing last year at James Madison was the he broke out there and that's what gave him this shot and was enough for me to put him. Like I said at the very end of my draft able grades, the Bears are going to have to decide with that kid. Do we try to bulk him up because the frame suggests it could happen to play inside situationally, or do we want to try to maybe even get him to lose a little bit of weight for the edge thing. Because the thing that that concerned me about that it was the lateral agility and the bend on him out on the edge. But you have an interesting, you know, size at lettuces package with him. So definitely the sort of guy that you want to bring in UDFA for the Bears. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree. Man. The only reason then put Austin Reid on my list is just the lack of arm strength. I think it's gonna hinder him a ton, and really, what kind of ceiling does he have? All Right, So we have gone through twenty two NFL teams so far. For look, I know we got still the top ten to get to. But hold on, everybody, get your popcorn ready. We're gonna be back. Thor and I are gonna coming back. The next episode of the Fantasy Pros NFL Draft show, we're gonna roll through all of these top ten teams, talk about Thor's ranks, some skill guys that we were gonna dive into that you need to be putting on your Dynasty Taxi squads. Until then, we're out of here.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok At Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros