Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: All at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given a.
Speaker 1: Black millon busy.
Speaker 5: Listening to.
Speaker 4: To I don't Joy Yeah, Joy.
Speaker 6: Show.
Speaker 4: You got that.
Speaker 3: Love turn You gotta turn, you.
Speaker 7: To turn the mouth, turn.
Speaker 8: You probably got to turn the mouth, turn out the water the monk.
Speaker 9: Come on, come on, you'll think, uh huh, I sure will good runing everybody you are listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now, want it only?
Speaker 2: Steve harvey Man got a radio show. Real glad about it too.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I hope that God always keeps me in the frame of mind to try to be sharing and try to be motivational and ubly even when it's not felt or wanted by some people. I have people around me who seem to not benefit at all or anything, and I can sit with them and talk to them or take meetings with them to try to encourage them, and for whatever reason, you know, they want to just keep going the way they're going. When you run into people like that, you have to pray for them. You have to just hope that one day that they release the chains on their mind and open up your mind to a new way of thinking. A couple of things I wanted to go over with that I want you to all today in terms of motivation, I want you to be aware of statements or old sayings that have been created that you hear over the course of time, and you may be applying them to your life. And I want you to be careful of some of them because some of these old sayings, man, are not designed for people who are dreamers, are not designed for people who have any aspirations of being extraordinary. These are not designs or sayings that people who want to be extremely successful at anything or have high aspirations to put these sayings into your life. Let me give you an example. Statistics say that's it. That's the one I want you to be careful about. Statistics say, be very careful of stats. When a person says, you know, statistics, say one out of every what see, listen to me.
Speaker 3: These are things that sound.
Speaker 2: Like they're good, sound solid advice, but they're setting you up for failure. And you can't adhere yourself to a lot of these sayings that's been passed down from generations, and it's not scripture. It ain't in a scripture. Nowhere that statistics say. It's just some people, and a lot of people who have lost have come up with these sayings to justify why they keep losing or why they lost. When I was earth got started in the business, there were more stand ups around now than it is today because the comedy boom in eighty four eighty five was it was gaining a lot of momentums, comedy club, comedy nights everywhere. The statistic that a guy told me I told him I wanted to be on the Johnny Carson Show, the Tonight Show. The guy said, one out of every two thousand comedians ever make it to the Tonight Show. Okay, Now, when he told us that, some of the comedians in the room went, well, wow, man, that's rough. Because a guy had also said that there was approximately six thousand comedians in the country at that time. I don't know if it was true. I'm just telling you a guy was out there spewing numbers. I have no idea how many it was, but he said one in every two thousand will make it to the Tonight Show. And he let the air out of everybody in the room but me. So every night before I went on stage, I used to do this right here, bae.
Speaker 10: Bad.
Speaker 2: That was the tonight theme song. I was young opening act nowhere near Hollywood, didn't I was in Cleveland telling jokes at one night. But that was my thing because I was bent and determined that if it's one in two thousand, okay, why don't I just be the one?
Speaker 3: Be careful when.
Speaker 2: People say statistics say because they are set up to fulfailure. If you're gonna adhere to him. See that won in so many it wanted. So many people win the lottery. But if you don't play the lottery, you ain't gonna be the one to hit. Not when the dude hit you go while he was lucky, but he played. Here's another one. Maybe it's not meant to be. Let's go one step further. I guess it wasn't the Lord's will. Don't you dare blame God for something you may have not done yourself because you didn't get the proper education, because you didn't do the things you were supposed to do, because you didn't stay to the task, because you quit turned around and with the other way. Now, maybe it's not it wasn't the Lord's will. These are all statements that sound like sound advice, but they ain't all the time, got nothing to do with you. Stop letting these old fogy sayings get in your way of what can happen in your life. Don't put all your eggs in one basket?
Speaker 1: Who came up with this?
Speaker 3: Who came up with it?
Speaker 2: If you don't pour all your efforts into one thing, how are you gonna be great at that one thing? If Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird had not played basketball sun up to sundown. Magic Johnson didn't go to Michigan to get an education. Larry Berry ain't go to Indiana to get an education. These cats was balling. Michael Jordan didn't go to North Carolina get an education. They went to play ball. They went to do one thing. Tiger Woods didn't go to Stanford to get an education. He went to play golf. Soon as he got good enough, he gone, These are guys that put all they eggs in one basket. See what's cool with putting all your eggs in one basket is you now can maximize your effort and laser beam what you're doing. Your problem is all you gotta do is make sure what is your basket made out of If your basket is made out of faith, hope, hard work, and belief, then guess what, that's a good basket. I'm dumping all mine in it. Because ever since I was a young dude, I've been telling jokes, one thing, one thing only.
Speaker 3: Even when it got.
Speaker 2: Ugly and I was living in I never quit telling them jokes.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I just kept believing that them jokes was gonna pay me one day, and I'll be dog gone if it didn't. I ain't take no time off. Go work at the Walmart, get me a job, go back to Ford and big for my job back. Hey, man, put all your eggs in a basket. Just make sure that your basket is made up of faith, hope, belief, hard work. Your basket woven by God.
Speaker 3: What you tripping for?
Speaker 2: You're defeating yourself. Where is your faith? Where is your belief? Where is your trust? At one point in time, you got to bleed that God could do what he said gonna do because he'dn't done it for others, He'll most certainly do it for you. Be careful of these sayings that's out here, that's aligned by losers and people to justify why they are not succeeding. Don't apply this stuff to your life, and it ain't got nothing to do with you. You're gonna mess yourself up. All right, Okay, you're listening hard morning, ladies and gentlemen. Let me have your undivided attention. You know what, I've tried to find different ways to say it every day, and you know I started sounding redundant, but I just don't know how else to say it to you, that how good and amazing God really is. I just keep I keep marveling at the fact that He manages to raise that sun up every day, said it every day, controls, it, operates, all of this in the universe, in the world, answers, prayers for most anybody that I ask him, has a relationship with everybody that wants want, is willing to forgive you no matter what you've done, and will give you a fresh start over and over and over and over again, and then wakes you up whether you say thank you or not, and keeps doing it in hopes that you will turn around and have a relationship with him. Now, Zach, who does that? Because I just didn't describe no person I know, so must be him again. Thank you Lord. Steve Harvey Morning Show, Shirley Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Junior and the legend that's growing in Nephew Tommy Now Junior, Yes, huh. Today, as always, the curiosity has risen. Now what is it today?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna believe it today? Oh yeah, this grandfather thing got to stop.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't do this here. I'm not a good grandfather at all. I'll never be you.
Speaker 11: I'm nothing to do because I talked to the baby yesterday. Ya, I can't be a Pappaul shir I talked to the baby yesterday.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I told him. I said, Hey, what happened to Man's going out?
Speaker 4: He said?
Speaker 1: Josh his classmate. He thinks my voice is his free I can't.
Speaker 12: Do this here.
Speaker 1: Kids is telling me like I'm going to school, like I'm going to pre k with him. All I said, Hey, man was going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: He said, Josh, Josh, you.
Speaker 3: Know what that means, Junior.
Speaker 1: I can't do this here.
Speaker 2: I'm not your way.
Speaker 3: Do you know what that means?
Speaker 1: I don't know what it means.
Speaker 2: Well, let me help you.
Speaker 1: You have the voice.
Speaker 3: You have the voice of a folio.
Speaker 1: Okay, ah had a corte, but you know what my feelings all cartoon.
Speaker 3: Wait, we gotta let that mayor now all cartoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, man, that could lead to some advantages to being a grandfather junior. You're gonna have to embrace this man, because it's not going anywhere. You became all this in one day, and one day you were a husband, kay, a father okay, and a grandfather. Don't like.
Speaker 3: All in one day. You didn't ramp it up. No, you didn't get to be married, then have children, then learn.
Speaker 2: How to raise kids. Didn't watch they kids have kids. You didn't do none of that.
Speaker 1: Anytime you talk to your grandchild, don't they know it's your voice on? Don't they deal?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I sound like I sound like a grandfather, don't you?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well imagine this, hey man, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Josh?
Speaker 2: Well, you're lucky he didn't call you SquarePants sponge.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's your grandfather voice.
Speaker 3: Was a compliment.
Speaker 7: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we will hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back.
Speaker 2: Right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening Hardy Morning Show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. Nephew, what you got?
Speaker 8: Uh? You know, let's go ahead and be as stupid as I was yesterday. I mean it's the same thing. We gonna run it back. So we're just gonna be just double ignorant, that's all all right? Yeah, yeah, we know this right here is check settlement, got dog if you would, Let's see if we can be extra stupid this morning.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, let's go.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hello. Right, I'm trying to reach out this place. How you doing?
Speaker 8: It's attorney over to associates. All right, I want to give you a call. I just got your file that hit my desk, and we got a check going out to you on monday. You came in yesterday, correct, Yes, okay, listen, we got a few low glitches here. We want to go over with I want to go over with you and make sure we get this all ironed out before you come in on Monday. And I'll have a check definitely waiting on you when you get here. All right, You're supposed to be getting six four hundred and ten dollars, unfortunately, is being reduced to twelve hundred due to injuries. Not being as as bad as they say it was a lot of calculations got really mixed up on our paperwork here. And please keep in mind that on the twelve hundred, we still haven't taken out our fee, which is like about thirty three and the third we'll have a check for you on Monday in the ballpark of four to five hundred dollars.
Speaker 13: Oh, hold on, hold on, hold up, Okay, I'm still getting it. So what was the total mount that y'all got from the laws from the.
Speaker 8: Should Evidently the person that did these calculations completely did them wrong. I do apologize for this being a mishap on our part and it's totally screwed up, and I do apologize on the behalf of the of the association here that we've dropped the ball on that. But your actual check has been reduced to twelve hundred dollars, okay, and that's without us taking the law fees out of it.
Speaker 13: So I just just right, because how was six thousand dollars cover the doctor bill.
Speaker 12: And the con practice?
Speaker 8: Well, from my understanding, man, what they're also stating is that your injuries are not that bad, and I don't don't want to be the bear of bad news.
Speaker 2: They're actually wondering if you were actually hurt at all.
Speaker 12: So I even had to get injections, okay from the con practice Okay, and do you have any you I have some medical documents here, and I understand that you've been going and you probably looks like you went over at least at least two months going to the doctor and getting and getting therapy.
Speaker 4: And and I was his call.
Speaker 12: That was a conpractice call.
Speaker 13: That wasn't my decision. Okay, Well at this called from from my injury.
Speaker 8: Exactly, and a lot of a lot of these doctor fees, and that you've gone to eating up eating up a lot of these funds. And I tell you, these doctor bills they get pretty high out there. I do want to apologize. What we're gonna do here since we've dropped the ball on this. We're gonna give you the check for twelve hundred and not even take the law fees out of it. And I'll have that check waiting on you on Monday morning.
Speaker 12: That's just okay.
Speaker 13: I understand what you're saying. But I'm trying to figure out is from the I need to see some work of stating what was the total Mount check that was written from the insurance company, plus what was the portion that was supposed to be taken out for the chiropractic plus the portion that was supposed to be taken out from a doctor himself. That you're telling me six thousand that's not gonna wouldn't have covered that and leave me with only twelve hundred.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm not at liberty to let you look at this paperwork anymore. I'm calling you basically to let you know I have a twelve hundred dollars check for you. If you don't want that, then you can go ahead and take some.
Speaker 13: Other legal I mean that is a sign of right, Robert. I mean from the entire month, because I got the paperwork from the chiropractor stating what Mount was paid.
Speaker 2: I understand that, ma'am. What I'm trying to let you know the issues there there.
Speaker 8: What's going on right now is the response coming back is that you're not actually hurt at all.
Speaker 2: That's what they're saying. They're saying you're not hate at all.
Speaker 8: Actually, I don't want to use the words, but they're saying that you've been faking this the whole time.
Speaker 13: I need to see some paperwork with far to check. This doesn't sound right and that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 8: Well, all right, now, you know I'm the last person that that this file is gonna come across. It's coming across my desk. This is pretty much a take it or leave it option, you know.
Speaker 13: And if you don't leave no, no, no, no, I mean you don't have to get an a to me because you are my lawyer and i'm your client.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not gonna raise your voice. You're not gonna raise your voice. Set me.
Speaker 8: That's not gonna happen either. So let's let's pipe it down a bit. Okay, Now here's what we're gonna do. Do you want the twelve hundred dollars check or do you not want it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 8: I've already wavered the fees of the of the attorneys here. Do you want the twelve hundred or do you want me to reduce it to four hundred?
Speaker 13: No, I don't want twelve undred because i'mnna take you to court, So that doesn't time.
Speaker 6: If he's supposed to be my.
Speaker 8: Lawyer, I'm being the best attorney that you probably could afford, young lady.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I'm trying to do the best I can to help you.
Speaker 13: Now, you, from what I understand is I'm trying to say, that's not gonna be acceptable. I just have to get a lawyer to you.
Speaker 6: That's not you know, you know, you people continue to want to offer.
Speaker 13: Yesterday when we came.
Speaker 2: In, I didn't.
Speaker 8: I wasn't there doing the meeting yesterday. Like I said, these papers just landed on my desk today. What I'm not going to tolerate is you people consistently wanting to file a lawsuit on somebody.
Speaker 2: Now you want to file a lawsuit on me. You know, if you're going way too.
Speaker 3: Far with this.
Speaker 6: This isn't I want to talk to.
Speaker 1: Well, now you've heard of me.
Speaker 8: I'm and I work here as well, and I'm not going to stand you uh uh dismantling me the.
Speaker 2: Way that you're doing.
Speaker 13: I just have to get a lawyer.
Speaker 12: That's not accessible.
Speaker 2: I got one more thing. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Marty Show.
Speaker 8: You just got pranked. You got precked by your husband. Oh, your husband told me she's been waiting on that check.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was about to go a little office, all.
Speaker 2: Right, baby, let me ask you something.
Speaker 8: Tell Tommy, what is the baddest radio show in the landing?
Speaker 2: All right, baby, look here, get your check.
Speaker 8: In that great getting up stupid fairly well, the money, yes, and then Greg.
Speaker 2: Getting up stupid fair be well.
Speaker 8: I don't know anybody they can do it quite like this right here, right here, yeah, fair be well. All right, I'm gonna yeah, I'm gonna be this stupid this weekend in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, all.
Speaker 7: Right now, thank you. Coming up next, it is asked the Celo with our chief Love officers. You're listening Harvey Morning Show telling up at the top of the hour and entertainment news. We'll talk about the hits and this is on the red carpet from last night's met Gala. More distracts from this crazy Kendrick Lamar and Drake Beef stop it already. We'll tell you why Brian McKnight's upcoming Detroit concert is canceled, and what happened with the Lovers and Friends festival cancelation. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the Clo. This is from Nicky and Greensboro. Colo Nicki writes, my boyfriend is emotionally unavailable for me, and I have a stressful job. So I went home. So I went to vent to him, and I wanted a big hug and I wanted to hear him say that everything will be fine. He said, I need to look for a new job. Does this mean he doesn't love me?
Speaker 2: No, that means he was trying to provide a fix. Ladies, when you go to your man, the first thing he gonna do is try to provide a fix. Yeah, that's what we automatically go to the fix. We all know you need a hug and console and all that. We try to how can we fix this? So we don't got to deal with this tomorrow. So he said you need to find a new job. Now, that's all that means. That means your husband is doing the two things that he has to do innately. We are protectors and providers. That is the must for us. So to protect you, he tells you you need to do a new job to provide for you. He tells you you need a new job. That's all it is.
Speaker 3: He was just doing his job.
Speaker 2: He see you wanted a hug and all his heir, you know it's gonna be all right, you know if you.
Speaker 3: Get a new job or to be fine.
Speaker 1: Problem done?
Speaker 7: Next, All right, here we go, Sierra and Norcross says husband bought our ten year old son a lot of fireworks for the Fourth of July weekend. My son broke the rules and took the fireworks to school and popped some. He has been suspended for two days. Why does my husband think this is funny? No, come on, whoop, I don't whoop nobody no more.
Speaker 8: Humph, capital punishment, corporate, call it corporal.
Speaker 3: Are you're saying the parents need to whoops behind or the school? His daddy? Oh, at the house? Okay, at school?
Speaker 2: I think it's a little early to buy Fourth of July five works.
Speaker 3: That's a kept him at that's what they're saying.
Speaker 2: He kept him, Yeah, and now he done took him to school. That wasn't a smart decision. That should be some consequences for it. He suspended you should too. Now why he thought it was funny, I don't know. I can't even tell you why he think.
Speaker 14: It's fun Yeah, because school safety is not a lad and with stuff just happened to the.
Speaker 2: School that could have been misunderschool to fire, that fireworks could have been misunderstood for gunfire, and then we had a whole nother situation. Right, So, no, I don't see the funny in it. I don't know why he thought it was funny. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So you know you married the man. You tell us.
Speaker 7: He's immature, all right? Moving on to Donia in Saint Louis, and Donia says, I'm dating a guy that basically bragged on having sex with a lot of women before he met me. So I admitted to sleeping with eleven guys total?
Speaker 3: What uh oh?
Speaker 7: He yelled, He yelled. Now, her boyfriend yelled, but you're only forty one. Why do men judge women more harshly than we judge them?
Speaker 2: Because that's society. Society has set that up. It ain't nothing new. It's been around a long time. In the words of at Carvey, you, as he told my sisters and I watched him when I was a little boy, you can't do what I do and still be a lady.
Speaker 8: We got to go through all the eleven though. We gotta talk about the eleven. You can't do what I do and still be a lady. That's the society we live in, you are judged differently.
Speaker 3: And I have told y'all.
Speaker 2: Over and over and over.
Speaker 3: Your number is three.
Speaker 2: No matter what, that's your number.
Speaker 3: That your is the magic number. Remember that schoolhouse right. I don't know where you got eleven from.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you thought eleven was gonna be easy to swallow, he said, But you only forty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See what eleven means is listen to this. This is what the number eleven says to a man. From the time you was thirty, you had one every year till forty one. From the time you was twenty, you had one every year. To you as thirty one, that's what it said. You just ripping through.
Speaker 1: Them over and over and over and over and over and over.
Speaker 2: And now you nasty. See that's what a man says.
Speaker 3: Now, Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, it is correct. It correct.
Speaker 2: See, ladies, ain't nothing. Y'all can look at me, sideway. I ain't make these rules. It is correct. That's why I told you color what is their number?
Speaker 3: Three is the magic?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Just what's what's now?
Speaker 2: Those of you that's on this zoom shaking your head, listen, don't run out here with your real number. Let me up. You know, when somebody asked you what your body count is, don't hold your hands up and.
Speaker 1: Leave one hand.
Speaker 7: Here's a question about body count, Steve. Okay, do you guys know that women are lying? If they say three, you know there's been more. But but you're okay with that?
Speaker 1: Why am I here?
Speaker 3: She tells you?
Speaker 1: Why am I here?
Speaker 7: So you're fine with that line?
Speaker 4: We were right?
Speaker 2: Your body count?
Speaker 3: Sure, but but the decency hold it to three.
Speaker 2: So you know, my my count, my count.
Speaker 3: Look what's your count?
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 15: The fingers and toes, way past them another limb. I gotta use my teeth. I'm gonna have to use eyelashes.
Speaker 3: You need to calculate it. You're gonna say square, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna do fingers, told toe nails, franger nails.
Speaker 7: Yes, all right, last one, last one? So no matter what the guys say, three and that is it?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: It's the magic.
Speaker 7: Daniella and Pine Bluff says, I had a wild night with a guy that I've been friends with for years. The next morning I read his text while he was sleep. His brother texted, I hope you weren't so drunk that you slept with Daniella. Should I confront his brother or not?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 3: What what is you gonna confront his brother?
Speaker 7: Fulk what's wrong with sleeping with Daniella?
Speaker 3: You had a wild night? Mhmm, you know with her. It's so wrong with it's so wrong with Danielle over Dnner.
Speaker 2: Now, Danielle, I'm gonna tell you something. If you call a brother, you might learn something you don't need to know. Hey, you stopped lying on my brother. No good hair?
Speaker 3: Where he's we cheat?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Celo coming up at the top of the hour. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening Morning show. The stars were on the red carpet last night at the twenty twenty four met Gala. This year, the annual event was hosted by Anna win Tour and co chairs Bad Bunnies and Dana, Jennifer Lopez and Chris Hemsworth. This year's theme Sleeping Beauty's Reawakening Fashion, in which the theme is the Garden of Time. So let's talk about some of the iconic costumes we saw last night. For instance, we can start with Steve Stylis, your stylist, Ellie Caramo, did La La Anthony's dress, Steve, it was beautiful. It was black and red.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah it was. I'll tell you a story about it off air, Kid, do it on the air.
Speaker 3: Oh holy we got a waitres.
Speaker 7: The teas, But anyway, we're beutiful, yes, yes, okay, let's hear your comments on these celebrities costumes. Usher. Did anybody see Usher? Who always bring rip to Roger B. P Henson?
Speaker 2: Was there?
Speaker 7: Naomi Campbell, Jojah Cat with the wet white dress that was sexy. Different. You know, she's always going to be kind of out there and different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, okay, okay, yeah, okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 7: Kylie Jenner, Gabrielle Union Wade and her husband Dwayne Wade looking good as always, Queen Latifa, Kim Kardashian and her like ice blue dress.
Speaker 3: Okay, So did y'all see Kim Kardashian?
Speaker 1: Did you all see her?
Speaker 3: Everybody's talking about how thin her waist.
Speaker 7: How slim she Yeah, her waist was like a size to just her waist.
Speaker 1: It was almost not real, like.
Speaker 7: Crazy, it was really crazy.
Speaker 1: All y'all.
Speaker 7: Page get that she looked good though.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: Janelle Monet Kendall Jenner, uh w n b A star Angel Reese was there.
Speaker 3: Yes, beautiful, I saw.
Speaker 7: Beautiful, Kiky Palmer, Serena Williams, Chris Jenner and her white people were saying Chris looked like a bride. Yes, uh huh with all her white and her white coat, with the long, long, long, long trail train. Corey Gamble, of course, was with her Carrie Washington, who always brings it again.
Speaker 1: She was rocking the purple.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'm a boycott and met because I've never been invited. That's what I'm gonna do always.
Speaker 3: I want you so quiet about all. No, I didn't see nothing. I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh, you just say that everywhere.
Speaker 3: It's all our social media. I ain't see nothing.
Speaker 2: I can't where I am. I can't open Safari or Google on my phone. Completely lost.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I know something to my damn phone.
Speaker 2: They don't open nothing right now. I can't figure it out, and I ain't gonna be able to figure out till one of my kids get hold in my phone. But I need somebody tell me something.
Speaker 7: Coleman Domingo with his black and with his white cape dramatics. He always looks good too. I like the way he dresses. Scale King was there. I mean, it was just a great event all around. Great night, beautiful night is always people wait years and playing years for the met.
Speaker 3: Kala, you know, Oh did you see Lizon's stress? And did you see Erica bad? Did you see.
Speaker 7: Was doing last night by doism?
Speaker 3: She had a flower and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was beautiful, it was it was cool.
Speaker 3: I like the MET. I like seeing different things like that. It's I love it, I love it, love it.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So there's also other entertainment news. Carla, what is up with the Kendrick Lamar and Drake beef? It's still going strong. What's happening?
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: The beef is?
Speaker 1: I guess for rap, rap is a sport.
Speaker 3: Let me say this.
Speaker 2: Rap is a sport.
Speaker 1: It's competitive.
Speaker 14: It's kind of like my I'm a better rapper than you are, like boxing now, like like a quarterback football team, My quarterback is better than your quarterback.
Speaker 3: So if you're a rapper, you think I'm better than you as a rapper.
Speaker 14: So I guess this beef is good because it's lyrical content, because it puts these guys back in the studio and they're right, and they're dropping records every five minutes. So I guess for the rap game itself, for hip hop, it's lyrical content. However, however, they may be going too far with some of them and some of the things and some of the accusations that they're saying.
Speaker 3: But they dropping like four or five records in a week. I'm like, right, right Jr.
Speaker 1: At a time.
Speaker 3: So, you know, rapping it's about the bar, it's about what you're saying, what you're doing. That's why I said it's a sport.
Speaker 14: So, I mean, I don't know who knows the real reason behind the beef all these accusations as to why they're doing it, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Keep an ear out and watch.
Speaker 2: It, and like I said, it just I don't get it. I don't know what it's for. I don't know the purpose. I've never heard that rap was a sport.
Speaker 14: I think that's my opinion. That's nobody else has said that. That's just me, Okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that's make your money, go cut your albums, you know. I mean I heard the rap battles before, Yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Think, Yeah, keep us interested, you know, the culture forward talking.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't. I ain't got no comment on it because I have comment, you know what I mean? Like, I haven't heard the first one, then the response, then that response, and then the next response. I just hear clips every now and then come on and h Drake. The last one I heard on Drake was pretty good because I ain't know none of what the hell he was talking about. That's all right.
Speaker 7: I was just doing like this your head, Yeah, not bad, you got It's quite alright. Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, Mother's Day is this Sunday, we'll talk about Mother's Day gifts. Right after this you're listening.
Speaker 4: Morning show.
Speaker 7: Well, Mother's Day is this Sunday, guys. And new research from Yelp says it's looking into what moms really want this year. According to the survey of twenty five hundred adults, mom really cherish family time. That's her big thing, family time for Mother's Day, as sixty percent of mothers want to be surrounded by their family more than anything else. The poll also finds dining out on Mother's Day as a top choice for Mom's especially for brunch. A Mother's day without having to do chores or responsibilities would make mothers really, really happy. Nearly half of them say a personal chef would be a top choice for that chore free day. Some moms would like to be pampered with a spa day or beauty treatment for Mother's Day. And here's the question the moms in you guys is like, what are you doing for them? What are you giving them?
Speaker 2: Mom My mom?
Speaker 1: Easy, I love my mom.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna give my mo mo. I'm got some fish and stuff coming. She goes, she's official woman.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: She likes.
Speaker 2: But my wife is yes, what whatever her.
Speaker 3: Kids get her?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Time to do this every Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it every Mother's Day while I'm living.
Speaker 1: No what, thank you Tommy.
Speaker 8: Every Mother's Day I'm living. We're doing because Jackie is not my mom and I don't her.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 8: All all these kids you stop and get Chick fil A for every evening on the way home from school.
Speaker 3: If they don't get you nothing, then I'm sorry. Then they not they don't care?
Speaker 7: S Yeah, I mean I'm moving on, Junior, What are you doing.
Speaker 3: My mam would like money.
Speaker 1: That's easy, okay to me on Mother's Day with a bill this this is like bill, yes it is mortgage. Whatever, take care of this to me? So I said, Mama, let's go to dinner.
Speaker 3: Nah, I ain't hungry.
Speaker 7: I love you, but these bills with this bill though? All right, Steve, so makes this all make sense. Your nephew is not gonna take care of his wife because she's not his mom.
Speaker 3: Let me explain something to what about married? Hold, let me explain something to you.
Speaker 2: He gonna do exactly what we tell him to do because he's stupid. But that's his one time. You can't carry it's stupid that you do on your job into your house. Now, this woman and gave him children, and that's what he gonna honor her fault. So get busy, get the brunch worked out, the private chef, whatever you want to do to the house.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just saying somebody wasn't playing.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna tell you right now, I ain't asked for none of my kids, one of them, one of my We'll surprised every last.
Speaker 1: So you don't you don't feel Tommy right?
Speaker 7: Heppy mothers today. Happy Mother's day.
Speaker 3: All right, this week I got three kids.
Speaker 7: Don't talk.
Speaker 1: I love you baby.
Speaker 7: Coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour, we'll take some calls at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve. Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. And it's time now for calls from Steve's voicemail at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve, you can leave a message for Steve. You might just hear your call on the air. Ready, Steve, Yes, ma'am, here we go. This is from a navy.
Speaker 16: Hey, good morning, Steve Harvey and Steve Harvey Morney Show Cruel. That's your boy, NAVI from Charlotte, North Carolina. I appreciate all of y'all. Man, y'all going sometimes he's brought start at two o'clock in the morning. Birthday. I'll play at Steve Harvey in the morning. And the best part is listening to that motivation. It seems like whatever you speaking about I need to hear in that moment. So again, I appreciate you all, and real quick. But if people calling and coddlerling Junior, Junior got tough kid, look where he at. If he didn't like it. He wouldn't be there, you know what I mean, You know he's there for a reason. Shout out to you, Julian, shout out to everybody. And it was something else I wanted to say. I forgot what it was. I'll call back later if I remember. But yeah, thank y'all so much. Stay blessed, because y'all are blessed me and blessed. And listener, I'm glad that y'all have been on the radio for his mom, because you have. I've been listening to they off in middle school for girl man now driving the truck. But anyways, there, stay blessed it and again, thank y'all so much for everything happen, don't they years?
Speaker 14: So middle school, he was, what, Helen's a long time.
Speaker 3: You know you you can't remember where middle school was. That's what about.
Speaker 7: That was a great call though, thank you now he said, stop coddling junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ain't never did enough, because you know you mentored me, so I already know I'm not.
Speaker 2: Either. I don't even know coddle is so yeah, I know.
Speaker 11: But that's that's one thing we can say. Me and Timy are better people because we know you ain't. You ain't emotional. You ain't gonna do that. What, man, let me tell you something. And if you wonder why I'm here and I be Poe is a real good motivational thing, I use.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I'm here.
Speaker 2: I won't be pope.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: You Uh, this caller see left the message about voting.
Speaker 10: We as black people, are not obligated to vote. I'm telling people be obligated to vote. The ships never built. Clud got to find our own way without help from the people that we voted. Well, you don't need those, leader, You your own leader. Stop telling our people to vote for these hypocrists. Man, you part of this system.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, we are obligated to vote because of our forefathers paid the price for us to vote, for us to vote. But see it's ignorant as people like you who sit up and think you're gonna create your own system. Stop telling these people to vote for these hypocritical people. What you don't understand is when you don't vote, you allow the hypocrisy of America to continue without you having a say so in it.
Speaker 3: See it's an amazing thing.
Speaker 2: Man, If you want to instead of having a seat at the table. I would like to have a say so on what's on the menu on the table. That's what voting is for. Voting ain't gonna fix your life and change your hopes for tomorrow. No, but it will help you decide what type of policies this country puts in place. So no, man, and I am going to tell people that they are obligated to vote. I am going to continue to push voting. Your forefathers, whether you realize it or not, because you don't study history, died, whipped, got flogged, drug maimed, water holes, German shepherds, just to vote, that simple right to vote, to participate in the process. That's why we vote. When you don't participate in the process, you become a bystander. So then you have no business talking about how it's going. So you can call here all you want, man, and you can try to sound all the angry as you want to, But your ignorant ass should vote. And now if you don't like what I just said about that, then send another damn email. Mister Steve Harvey Morning Show. We are telling you you have to vote. It is our obligation and duty ask people to honor our forefathers who paid the price for us to vote. I'll call here no more with that ignorant ass mess man.
Speaker 7: That's why he didn't leave his name, all right. Coming up next, it is the nephew with today's prank phone call. Right after as people you're listening morning show. Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my Strawberry letter for today. The subject is he loves my love, handles and dimples. We'll get into that, find out what that's all about. And just a few but right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call.
Speaker 8: What you got for his ne f This right here is love Deposit cat Dog if you hould.
Speaker 1: If you would love the path.
Speaker 17: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hello, I'm trying to Tiffany.
Speaker 5: This is Tiffany, and who's calling?
Speaker 4: This is Karen. How you doing? I did you know what? I know we've been I know we've been going back and forth on the site talking and we haven't you know, really talked yet.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's okay. I think I was gonna expecting a car. But yeah, it's good to hear from you. It's good to hear from all you know.
Speaker 4: I mean we've been We've been talking for well a long time, well, texting and on the site for at least what five weeks now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so really I'm glad you called a coronal seriously, like Anne, I love the voice so exciting.
Speaker 4: You know you got anything going on this weekend?
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I just have to, like you know, go Glacy shopping or whatever. But like, other than that, I'm pretty helping.
Speaker 4: What's up? I was thinking maybe we get together, get a get a drink or two, just you know, kind of yeah, just feel each other out and if you if you're feeling that, you know, I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's cool, we can get together. I'm interested, you know, like I'm happy you called.
Speaker 17: And I would love to see this weekend.
Speaker 4: You got a place in mind, Like you know, I was thinking about letting you pick something, because you know, I'd rather go somewhere where you're comfortable, with an atmosphere that you used to I think that would be the best thing to do.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, let me look to find out.
Speaker 2: I'll direct you on that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm down.
Speaker 4: I just want to hang out a little bit. Cool.
Speaker 5: I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Good, good, what's good for you, you know, if you want to on Saturday, let's go on.
Speaker 5: Let's do Saturday to give me, you know, some time to like, you know, gut myself together six or.
Speaker 4: Seven, text me you know the location or whatever wherever you want me to cool. I can wait to see you one. Okay, let's let's do this first. Tell me this. What are we wearing? So I'm not I don't want to be overdressed or underdressed.
Speaker 17: I don't really trip on that first taken by chill like I'm not.
Speaker 5: You know, we don't have to do like a.
Speaker 17: Five hundred dollars dinner or nothing like that.
Speaker 5: You don't need on a touch.
Speaker 4: This ain't a rocky brunch all right, right, but if you don't mind, if I could get you to do something for me, could you could I give you my cash app for what? Well, what I want to do is, you know, sometimes these things actually go wrong. You know, I don't see it going wrong with me and you because we've had you know, the way we've been chit chatting and going back and forth on the site, things have been really really well. You know, you know, I would like to get you know, like a you know, a love deposit of two hundred and fifty dollars their way of just going wrong. At least I haven't wasted my time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Hold On, I'm just saying, what is happening? You said you want me to get your cash up and send you a love deposit of two hundred.
Speaker 4: And something dollars two fifty two fifty, like you know that way if this, if this don't go right, you know, then at least I haven't love. It's like a love deposit, you know, if it go if it goes right, you know, then I give it back to you. If it don't go right, you know, at least I haven't waited toil my time. You see what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: Crime You serious?
Speaker 4: Right? No? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like yeah, okay, uh this is super weird and uh yeah this is all weird and uh you know.
Speaker 17: I'm kind of I don't you really know what to say, like other than you could probably wove my number like you are weak, duel like, don't call me like your corny. I'm not interested. You a bum like I'm straight, Like I don't know what okay, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 5: I wasn't all that I wasn't all that talking about You've been talking.
Speaker 4: We've been talking for five weeks. Everything's been good. We've been we've been on the site talking to each So the two.
Speaker 6: Weeks though, you're trying to ask me for a cash app for real, a love deposit?
Speaker 17: How corny are you?
Speaker 6: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Serious?
Speaker 4: For you? If you believe listen to tip tip on the real. If you believe in yourself, you.
Speaker 6: Know if I believe in myself, you're so full, last out of her, you have lost your in mind? Okay, would you please like gather your thoughts because I don't know who you think you're talking to. For rel you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I need to do two things.
Speaker 17: Lose my number and don't.
Speaker 5: Don't look for me for real? Show up like this is ridiculous, Like this is stupid, you ignorant?
Speaker 4: For real? Shut up? Okay, okay, don't show me, show me where I'm wrong. If you believe in yourself, if I believe in.
Speaker 17: Myself, chas do what you mean?
Speaker 6: If I believe in myself, If you believe in yourself, you're chast We're move around, Get off the phone. It stopped wasting my time for real.
Speaker 17: I'm about to hang out right now.
Speaker 4: For okay, fray that before you hang up though, Hey you could go, you could go your way.
Speaker 17: I can go.
Speaker 4: Mind you don't want to can meet the two fifty? Cool?
Speaker 6: Got that past?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 17: Is you know what?
Speaker 4: What is? Is this your loss? Though? Tis this your lice?
Speaker 5: You gotta be out to your rabbit as mine. Ain't no lost this here, ain't no lost.
Speaker 4: This, ain't no lost this this is a okay, you know what? You know what? I knew this was gonna happen. You know, a brother try to be real when a brother.
Speaker 5: Tried, Hey, hey you might as well. Hey turn around, go the other direction. Lock yourself up. Seriously, you want to talk about black black men and brotherhood like it's a wrap for you. We don't need you out here. Your less straight up like, don't call me destroy yourself for real.
Speaker 4: I'm done with it. Can I tell you something else for you?
Speaker 3: Lady?
Speaker 4: Real quick?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: I just want to let you know that this is Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your sister to shave Shade got me to prank fall call yo. Your sister Shade said, you gotta get my sister. She's been on the right on this dating sight talking to this guy.
Speaker 17: Where is she got?
Speaker 5: This is stupid?
Speaker 4: Oh we got you, baby, we got you.
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, God do it.
Speaker 4: This is crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get her.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna get her.
Speaker 4: This is I'll tell you what tell me this? What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land, The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, man, if y'all don't give me some praise and worship up in here.
Speaker 8: What frank praise? Come on now, we ain't done it in a while. Let's frank praise. Yeah, we ain't done it in a minute. You know, Yes, Rob, you got a clap for yourself.
Speaker 3: Get Steve, don't.
Speaker 2: I can't clap because his camera too close to his face.
Speaker 8: You want to be on screen, way back, way back. All right, it's going down this weekend. It's an evening and evening with Nephew Tommy West Palm Beach, Florida. It is at the it is you know what it's so it's so sexy. It's the Rinker Playhouse. It's the Rinker Playhouse, all right, at the crab Is Center. Yeah, it's the rink. The Rinker, Oh my god, you must go. You know, it's kind of like when you go to you know, when you go to New York and you go to Broadway or off Broadway.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's like that, like that.
Speaker 3: I'm at the Rinker, you know, absolutely right.
Speaker 8: Anyway, almost sold out the nephew this weekend Mother's Day, get your tickets day on say right now?
Speaker 7: Just a few left, all right, nephew, thank you. Coming up next Strawberry Letter, subject he loves My Love, handles and dimples. We'll get into it, find out what it's all about right after this. Nice you're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on type. We got it for you here. It is straw Mary letta thank.
Speaker 7: You Nephew, subject he Loves My Love, handles and dimples, All right, get into this one, Dear Stephen Shirley. I'm thirty nine years old, and I'm sad to say that I've been a side chick for most of my adult life. I got used to men saying they were in a terrible marriage or they weren't married at all. So I started calling wives and girlfriends of the men that I was sleeping with. Earlier this year, I started going to church regularly, and I was celibate for three months. Then I met a really great guy named Jarvis. Jarvis is my preacher's nephew, so I figured he's a stand up guy. He said he was attracted to me because I'm always smelling good. He said he loves my love handles and the dimples in my butt. He asked me to be his girlfriend, and I got butterflies. I had to investigate him first though. I found him on face Facebook and I saw pictures of his skinny girlfriend all over his page.
Speaker 3: There was a video where he.
Speaker 7: Played a prank on her, like he was about to ask her to marry him on April Fool's Day. She and I have nothing in common. She's short and skinny, and she doesn't.
Speaker 3: Have any booty.
Speaker 7: I was honest with Jarvis and told him that I found his girlfriend's picture. I asked him if he prefer if he prefers skin and bones or meat on the bones. He said he wants me and he's done with her because she doesn't want to get married. But he's stuck with her because they live together and she doesn't have any friends or family to go live with. I told him he can live with me, so he moved some of his stuff into my place. He spends most of his time with me, but he doesn't want to be meet because he doesn't want to be mean to his ex, so he goes by to check on her once a week. I feel really bad for her because she doesn't know he plans to move out. Do you think it would be easier for her if I told her? Okay, messy, messy boots. Should you call and tell his girlfriend that he plans to move out? No, of course you shouldn't do that. I mean, what is that going to do? But get your butt whooped again. I know it won't be the first time you've had an encounter with the wives and girlfriends of your men. You said you started calling wives and girlfriends when the men told you their stories. So I'm sure it didn't end well when you did that. This is not your responsibility to contact these women. Ask yourself, why aren't the men telling them? Because telling them, of course, ruins the risk, or runs the risk, I should say, of them losing everything and everybody. I mean, this is too much of a gamble for them. But they still don't need you to call them and tell these men that you're with keep you on the side like Coleslaw, and go home whenever they want to. That's the real issue here, So you need to move on. You can stay in this mockery of a relationship if you want to, although I don't know why you would because you have nothing. You've been the Coleslaw most of your adult life. You said that, and you're thirty nine years old. Don't you think it's time for a change, Steve.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's just going to get into the letter anyway. Cole slough Side, all this red beans and rice, you know talking about she got it from some TV still, bron I ain't never seen any damn TV show, did Steven Shirley. I'm thirty nine years old and I'm sad to say. Here's the key to this whole letter, y'all, I've been a side shiit for most of my adult life. I got used to me and saying they was in terrible marriagers or wasn't married at all. So I started calling wives and girlfriends of men that I was sleeping with.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you turned it into what is this a business on side hustle?
Speaker 4: What is you?
Speaker 3: You know, home wrecking?
Speaker 2: Are you in salvage marriage? Salvage business?
Speaker 3: I don't know what you in.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the cause was about. But anyway, then earlier this year, you started going to church regularly and I was celibate for three months. Damn, you been out there strong for a woman to say, I've been celibate for three months, that's that's like they women can do that easy. I've been celibate for three months.
Speaker 7: Huh, it's not easy, but they can do it.
Speaker 3: It's not easy.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just you know, I'm just learning quite a bit today. I was just in a complimentary ways, easier more women can do it, and easier for a woman to do it for three months. You know, I don't see anyway. Okay, Well, so anyway, she started going to church and was celibate for three months. Then I met this really great guy named Jarvis. Now Javis is the preacher's nephew, so I figured he was a stand up guy. He said he's attracted to me because I always smelled good. Said he loves my love hand and the dimples in my butt. Now, wait a minute, Wait a minute. You've been celibate for three months. How this Jarvis get to the love handles and the dimples in the butt? I'm just curious. So this is after unless you're saying after three months, then you got involved with Jarvis and he discovered your love handles and dimples. Okay, then that's whatever, lady. I just don't know where you're going with this letter, but I do have an idea. He asked me to be his girlfriend, and I got butterflies. So he asked you to be the girlfriend after he saw your love handles and dimples in your butt.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I had to investigate him first though, Oh, this is you've never done this before, So now you investigate a reporter. You saw pictures and that was a video of him playing a prank on his girlfriend. She was skinny. He was about to ask her to marry him. On Able Fool's Day, she and I ain't got nothing to come, she showed and skinny, I'm big and white.
Speaker 3: Now this is not in the letter, but I'm assuming what Well, you know, Coleslaw.
Speaker 2: Wasn't in the letter, but you read that too anyway, So anyway, it'll just being creative. Anyway, when I come back, I'm going to tell you what's really happening in this letter, and it won't be nice.
Speaker 7: It will have her too. Of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letter subject he loves my love handles and dimples. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening morning show, all right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is he loves my love handles and dimples.
Speaker 2: Well, this woman who has spent the majority of her adult life as a side chick, in the words of my co host Coldslaw, what those words she says she got from off of a TV show which I've never seen. Well, that ain't where I got it from. I think we all know where you've got this for. You're not goin to talk about no damn TV show anyway, Tommy, thank you. I got used to me and saying they was in terrible marriages and everything. And then so I was calling wives and girlfriends.
Speaker 3: Of the men that I was sleeping with.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she's into a marriage salvage business or home wrecking company. I don't know what she in, but she's made a habit of this her adult life. Then she started going to church regularly regularly, and I was celibate for three months. Okay, I got it. She was celebrate for three months. Then I met a really gay, great guy named Jarvis. So after the three months, she met Jovis. I got it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: So she's a preacher's nephew, so she figured he was a good dude. He said he was attracted to me because I'm always smelling good and he loves my love handles and the dimples in my butt. Okay, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I got butterflies. I had to investigate him first, though, Well, I guess that's like you've done everybody else. I found him on Facebook and a book, and I saw pictures of his skinny girlfriend all over his page. That was a video, He played a prank on her, like he was about to ask her the marijuana ain't for Food's day. She and I have nothing in common. She's short and skinny. I'm thick and wide, tall and wide, and she don't have any booty. And I got a whole lot of junk in the trunk. Now this ain't in the letter, but that's what That's what she said, she said. She said, though I have nothing in common with her, she's short and skinny, so I'm figuring she's tall and not skinny. Why then, she said, and she has no booty. You can't have no booty and dimples too, now because the dimples got to set on something. I asked him if he preferred skin and bone, meat on the bones. He says he wants me, and he's done with her because she don't want to get married. But he's stuck with her because they live together and she don't have any friends or family to go with. And of all the men, married men and boyfriends you've dated, you ain't heard this line before. Because this line sounds very familiar. It's standard is stock. This is a stock line that married me and us when they talking to women. I told him he can come.
Speaker 3: Live with me, So he moved. Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Now he moves some of his stuff into my place. Okay, he got toothbrush over there. Now, got some t shirts, socks compared draws. He spends most of his time with me, but he doesn't want to be mean to his ex, so he goes by to check on her once a week.
Speaker 3: See now, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Really sure that that's how this working, lady, because if he lives with her but he don't want to be mean, but he spending most of his time with you, but he go by to check on her once a week, what is he telling her that where is he at the rest of this time? Because I promise you, he ain't telling her that he over there with you. I feel really bad to her because she doesn't know he plans to move out. Do you think it would be easier for her if I told her?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: So here we go.
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh so now you want to go back and you wanna do your emo. First of all, you're dating another man that's already in a relationship, because that's what you do, You have practiced at it, and that's what you attract. You always attract me and that's not available, and you always accept them because you allowed him to say the same old thing. I'm in a horrible relationship. She don't want to get married I do. I'm unhappy with her. You've heard this some hundred times or how many other times. You'dn't been in these relationships, and so the reason you call the wives and the girlfriends is because you're miserable and you want everybody else.
Speaker 3: To be miserable.
Speaker 2: You also call them because you have nobody, and now you want them to have nobody. But you could stop this vicious cycle by once you find out that the man is committed relationship, don't go over there. But you don't have room for a healthy relationship because you keep partaking in these half relationships that never get you anywhere.
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Don't you see that you're doing this to yourself? And when you call all these girlfriends and these wives, what do you hope to accomplish? Ain't none of those men's wives or girlfriends that you call and left none of them men with you today? So now you're gonna do the same thing to this man, and you gonna call her, and then you try to put the little why don't know what you go to church for, but you're gonna try to put the little church spin on it. Do you think it would be easier for her if I told her? What? How you think that's gonna be easier A woman get a call from another woman talking about your man is with me?
Speaker 3: You think that it'll be easy?
Speaker 2: No, You try to be the same funky person you being, and you're gonna get the same funky results you've been getting because you're gonna lose Javis, just like you'd have lost everybody else because Javis ain't yours again. Congratulations, Until you stop it, it will never stop.
Speaker 7: All right? Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter. It's the FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. You never signed, so good guy downloaded today coming up at forty six minutes after the our call from JR. And Sports Talk right after this, you're listening Hard Morning show. All right, guys, Junior is here with Sports Talk. What you got Junior?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Looking here, man, it's getting serious now Round two Minnesota over Denver again, Come on.
Speaker 1: To zero, Minnesota, timpable man Carson Towns.
Speaker 2: Rudy man Cariff in town Boys.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: Rudy Gobert didn't play junior.
Speaker 11: I'm just saying that that team, I'm just saying them, they are doing this to Denver right now, to nothing is impossible.
Speaker 2: I'm Stern's stunned.
Speaker 1: The defending champs down two games. I'm me too, this is I like it.
Speaker 3: I showed her they hold on and win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I thought about it.
Speaker 3: I ain't like Chicken Nuggas.
Speaker 1: I ain't thinking about them A Nugga's Chicken Nuggas the same thing.
Speaker 2: Remember Chicken Nuggas. You put that together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 16: Don't like it.
Speaker 1: I'm getting I'm just saying, Minnesota, let's just go ahead and do it. But he gonna number uh your boy.
Speaker 11: Jenny Brunston is still bogging the knicks over the paces game one forty three points. Jenny Brunton again, that's folk games in the roll with.
Speaker 1: He keep exactly, he keeps showing up anybody.
Speaker 3: You know, he balling so good.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about trying to brave my hair.
Speaker 10: Boy.
Speaker 4: What what he?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about your mustache?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna goro the little size back in your front. I'm gonna plat in my hair because this boy's ball. Junior, you stay out this conversation because well, well, at least two of us have admitted it.
Speaker 3: You said, somebody's in denial about my hair.
Speaker 11: He said, I'm in I'm in denial. By uh, I'm not in denial about it. You've already told it. We was talking about basketball. What Joe Brust's braid's got to do with my hair? I didn't have enough had a braid. I ain't never had that.
Speaker 2: Now you're the part that's not helping you is these little sensitive moments you be having about your hair.
Speaker 3: It just makes me poke.
Speaker 1: I'm not sensitive.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 8: Holding your chest. Then, yeah, you just put the all of your fingers on your chest. Braids by braids, I'm not sensitive. Well take your hand off your chest, then all five and they spread. You see that, you see I'm not sensitive. Off Hey, man, you take your hands your chest.
Speaker 7: Did are you telling with sports?
Speaker 3: Doing this at the end of the day, he's not going back and forth.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Junior. Coming up at the top of the hour, a woman on social media needs some advice, Steve. She says, my mama won't shut up about everyone's illnesses. I we'll talk about that right after this. You're listening Morning show, all right, Stee, This is from Devon on Steve Harvey FM. DeVaughn says how does he get his mother in law to stop gossiping about people's illnesses? He said, the woman is like a walking hip of violation. Every time I visit, I have to hear about so and so's broken hip. Another bout with COVID from someone else, Miss Lily from church. Her diabetes has been acting up and some dude I don't know versidas now my wife's actually has something wrong with her medically, and I don't feel comfortable talking to my mom about it because I don't want her spilling the tea and gossiping about the wife's sickness. Is there any way to stop my mother?
Speaker 3: Or is this just the way she is?
Speaker 2: No, that's how she is. Though, ain't nothing you can to do. She ain't got nothing else to talk about. She's a medical report down at the church. She's a medical report down at you know anybody that said, listen, you need people like that because when paramedics come or people get rushed. She got all the medical records in her head. She know about when they reported to sickness and the illness. You need people like that, you know, she's she's a medical chart, that's what she is. And she's made that herd thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's certain people. Certain people have certain things, you know that they keep up with. You know, you got sports people keep up with baseball stats, know the batting averages of all the players and stuff like that, kind of like sports trivia. Well, your mama is medical trivia. She just wants to do medical trivia for everybody. So ain't nothing you can do about that, though, I ain't never heard of that. So yeah, that her man, So God bless her, keep us safe, you know, just let her go ahead. That's what she do though. You know, sister, you know, sister, Harold Dean's hip is.
Speaker 3: She's getting it replaced on the third.
Speaker 1: Harold know the date of the surgery.
Speaker 2: She's using the same doctrine that of Bert Peterson.
Speaker 3: Used for his hip.
Speaker 7: So he shouldn't tell her about his wife.
Speaker 3: Well, I made him at the church picnic. He didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to play softball because his hands were so precious to the medical field.
Speaker 3: You know he met the doctor not at all.
Speaker 2: Good doctor.
Speaker 7: All right, we have time for another one, Steve. This is from uh Jaden on Steve Barb FM. Jaden says, every time I try to ask a woman out on a date, which isn't very often, I can't seem to get over my shyness and end up mumbling and my sentences trail off. I can imagine being confident and just coming out and asking someone out, but when it comes time to do it, I just fall back on being my usual. I really need to get over being so timid, but I don't know how What can I do to become more confident? How can I overcome my shyness so I can ask someone out?
Speaker 2: Well, Jaden, often I could really throw you into something, but I'm not, so let's try to handle this a little bit more diplomatically. Look, man, if you don't you're gonna be by yourself. Okay. Now, if you want to be with somebody, talk to somebody you're gonna have you got to just try it. But nothing, nothing gets this accomplished like practice. You got to practice. Look in the mirror, practice at jade, and then when you meet the.
Speaker 3: Girl, do like you do. Be say look and just admit to it. Hey, listen, I'm really shy.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at this, but I've been watching you and I just think, man, I would love to get to know you and you know, take the pressure off and just say, I was wondering if, you know, if we could go have coffee at Starbucks or something sometimes, or dinner my treat, you know, just allow me to just get to know you, you know, and just you know, put it out there and you know, hope you got a good job or something, because you're gonna need something to go ahead, to need a carrot or something, you know, because all this I don't talk and I don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: Stuff.
Speaker 2: You're gonna need at least a good job, you know, do that. Yeah, but that's what you're gonna have to do. Job is, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 11: It's unattractive like us he of course you know that, of course, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: He's unattractive. That's that's usually what throw you into a shell. And you're looking at me and you can't believe anybody would talk to you. So that's what he I was trying to stay away from that, but you you know how they feel.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, it took a long time.
Speaker 2: It took forty six years I had allowed to get over.
Speaker 7: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Burny Show coming up in twenty minutes after right after this, you're listening Harvey Morning Show. South Dakota Governor Christine Noam is being viewed as one of Donald Trump's possible VP running mates. However, Noam is still facing widespread backlash after admitting in a new memoir that she once shot and killed her misbehaving fourteen month old puppy named Cricket instead of coming up with a non lethal solution to the dog's lack of training. In addition, Governor Noam also said that she met North Korea's dictator Kim John Uhn during her tenure on the House Armed Services Committee, and now she's walking that claim back, saying she didn't meet Kim Jong un at all. So she's just out here lying.
Speaker 2: Well does she think she you know what, That's what she is and she wants to be vice president. But let me tell you what Donald Trump has done. He has taught all Republican candidates that it is okay to not admit the truth and to make false statements and all of them are being more and more Trump like, even Tim Scott. They asked Tim Scott would he accept the results of the twenty twenty four election if it came out, and he said, I can't. You know, it just all it's like and it's just a it strike against democracy because if you can't count on the election, then what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: You know? Right?
Speaker 2: And all of them are setting it up. So if Donald Trump loses again, oh my goodness, watch this.
Speaker 1: Watch this, y'all at a both.
Speaker 7: Want to be a dictator. You have the need for democracy, all right? Coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play another round of would you rather?
Speaker 3: Right after this.
Speaker 7: You're listening Hard Morning Show, and it's time now for a round it would you rather? Would you rather have the best house in the worst neighborhood or the worst house in the best neighborhood? Junior? Hey, you rather have the best house in the worst neighborhood?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to talk trash, That's what I want to No, I.
Speaker 8: Want the worst and the best because that's still good. Yeah, the worst and the best still a fly house?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got the best one in the hood.
Speaker 11: I'm good. We don't cut your grass, dot, But you got all the burglar balls on.
Speaker 3: You got a lot going on, Steve.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna take the worst and nothing, No, damn.
Speaker 10: The best.
Speaker 3: Oh No, I'm not feel to be there.
Speaker 2: Well we at least you're here.
Speaker 3: Well, at least you're here.
Speaker 2: You get that door, ficed got the lowest property on the block.
Speaker 1: But it's nice.
Speaker 3: It's a nice little place, you know.
Speaker 7: Sure, teasing him like you're teasing your name.
Speaker 2: I hope you're happy.
Speaker 7: Would you rather live out the rest of your life in the wilderness, in the wilderness or in jail? Make it?
Speaker 3: I'm not doing jail. That's I will be on that wilderness. Dog, I'm free.
Speaker 7: Can you survive out there?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna you ain't gonna make it in jail. No, I ain't gonna make it in jail.
Speaker 7: Would you rather have the power to never feel physical pain or would you rather have the power to never feel emotional pain?
Speaker 2: A and B.
Speaker 8: One of the other come ond that emotional pain is something that's a whole other beast.
Speaker 2: Uh So would you let me get rid of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I read physical pain?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Any and this I guess emotionally. I'm intact.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: I can deal with emotional pain. I've been dealing with that my whole damn like physical pain. You can have that if I get that back. Yeah, cool, because if you an emotional pain, at least you can't punch me. So you know, oh you over the fighting. Physical pain, well, emotional pain, it's a part of it. That's what it is, the physical pain, Junior and Junior, I don't know what the hell you talking about? This emotional pain? And shut your ass up, would you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You do?
Speaker 2: You have to do that? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Would you rather have a personal driver or a personal bessager?
Speaker 2: The suit driver?
Speaker 1: Driver drive?
Speaker 2: You can drive me to a masus. I ain't worry about that.
Speaker 3: I want no damn massuits.
Speaker 7: That's today's rounding, would you rather? Guys coming up at forty nine minutes after our last break of the day, and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve, here we are our last break of the day, and to lead into your closing remarks, we had a caller earlier who wanted to talk about voting. You left a message here.
Speaker 10: It is we as black people, are not obligated to vote. I'm telling people be obligated to vote. The system's never built for us. You got to find our own way without help from people that we're voting for. You don't need no leader. You your own leader stuff telling our people to vote for these hipocrits. Man, you part of the system.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I don't know who you are because you wasn't big enough to leave your name, of course, but you can call my show and address me directly, and everybody know who you're talking to. So number one, if you're going to call this show and make a statement contrary to something I say or promote, then be man enough or woman enough to leave your name. That's just a simple request so we can talk to each other, so I can refer to you by name. But now that I can't refer to you by name, let me talk to people for a second. The reason I say black people are obligated to vote because I truly, truly feel that we are obligated to vote. See, it's people like this who call in right here, who have nothing to back up. Voting doesn't mean that you need to be led. Voting doesn't mean that you give people power over you. The reason we as black people are obligated to vote because whether you know your history or not, our forefathers died for the right to vote, to participate in the system. See, it's one thing to have a seat at the table is one is another thing to decide what's on the menu. I've been at the table. I want to make decisions on what's on the menu.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't need anybody to lead me, but I do want to have a say, soul and who is at the top, at the forefront of everything, so that we can make a determination as of what we have a say so in whatever it is they say, of the direction they choose to go. But when you don't vote, you can no longer open up your mind. We need a system of our own. Okay, great, that's cool. But how you gonna put that system in place? Because eventually, one time you're gonna be able to put a person in place that can agree with your system. But if you've taken yourself out of the quay, then you can stop complaining about the problem because you've removed yourself from the equation. So whatever they lay on the table. Whatever they put on the table, we now got to lap it up and like it. This is one of the most ignorant calls I've gotten. See it's people like you, whoever your name is, who you wasn't man enough to say it's people like you that make statements. We need our own and you part of the system. I'm part of the system. Are you crazy? Are you crazy?
Speaker 3: Do you listen to this show every day? I'm part of the system.
Speaker 2: How you know what the system is?
Speaker 3: You ain't in it.
Speaker 2: You don't participate, and I'm assuming by now you don't vote. So what is your ignorant behind talking about Hey man, you got a lot of nerve man calling this show telling me to tell people to stop telling black people that they obligated to vote. You are obligated to vote.
Speaker 3: It's our responsible to one another.
Speaker 2: It's our responsibility to our children, it's our responsibility to our grandchildren. It's our responsibility to the less fortunate. See, whether you know it or not, there are some people who get in office and do policy. I don't know if you heard me this week talk about what the Biden administration and Brydon Harris administration has been doing behind the scenes. But then you probably don't watch the news anyway because you probably think they ain't talking about you anyway. But there are a lot of programs in terms of debt relief that's been passed out for people with student loans. There's been a lot of medical relief. There's been a lot of programs put forward for black men in business, who are in tech, who are in trade, who are in all types of things. It ain't just barbershops. There's been a lot of stuff put forward for black men. And you sound it like you happen to be a black male, but you probably wouldn't want to partake in any one of those programs because you off somewhere trying to create a system for yourself. I'm all about a person doing for themselves. Yeah, And I don't think we're going to be dependent on government. But just because you vote doesn't make you dependent on government. Ain't nobody in here telling you to place your hopes and dreams in some people. If you really listen to this show, I tell people more to put their hopes in dreams and faith in God than I do anything. But since we are here, and I don't know if you notice in the last election that happened, brother, whatever your name is, that you wouldn't leave. I don't know if you noticed it, but Michigan, Detroit, Philadelphia, Philly, Atlanta, Georgia was the deciding factor in the presidential that Donald Trump would have been president again had the black vote not stood up the way it did.
Speaker 3: And it'll be the same thing again.
Speaker 2: So look, man, why don't you get some facts together before you start spewing your ignorance and then you call in on a national show and say something like that, I don't know nobody telling black people not to vote except you and a couple of ignorant ass people. And for those of you blacks that are blacks for Trump. And then they got a new T shirt word that has the N word on the N words for Trump. Oh, y'all make me sick. Y'all make me sick. Grow up and understand what we are about as a people. We have a say soul, We have a seat at the table, and we should determine what's on the menu. Those are my closing remarks to vote. Those are my closees remarks. And black people are obligated to vot. Yes we are, and I will feel my obligation and I'm asking everybody else to do the same. Those are my closing remarks today. Have a great one, y'all, Peace.
Speaker 4: For all.
Speaker 7: Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show