Speaker 1: And this is An and Samantha, I'm notcome to stuff. I'll never told your prediction of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And y'all, we are back for another Sex and the City rewatching together with you. Whoever's listening, Oh are you just listening to us? Watch it? And that's okay too. So as per usual, we are jumping in with the second episode of season three. But before we start, Annie, can you tell us what happened in episode one. I'm not gonna make you go all the way back because you did that last time, which you did a great job. Just for episode one, give us a recap.
Speaker 1: Okay, recap. Well, there was a sexy fireman. Well we debated about the sexiness, but there was a sexy fireman show.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: I guess I should preface this with Carrie has just broken up a big Then this episode this season opens with a sexy fireman show. They're all four of the friends are sort of in in between places. We've got Carrie thinking about dating a stockery politician An. In the end, she does go and meet him at a party, and then she tries to get catch the last fairy out of Staten Island, but she doesn't he gives her a ride. We've got Miranda determined to be independent, although she has something that hasn't been defined with X Steve, and he's trying to be there for her at least as a friend, and she's being very adamant that she's independent. And then Samantha gets to live out some fantasies with a firefight that does results in her being seen in a compromising position, so we say, by a bunch of people. And then Charlotte has a nice time after a few Staten Island iced teas and gets drunk and decides, I feel like for the third time she wants a husband, really determined to get one.
Speaker 3: So I think that's it.
Speaker 2: I think that's her thing, that's her niche.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every season she has the moment where she's like, now I'm getting mad.
Speaker 2: This year, that's her goal. This is her sabay that she's going to do it this year though for real, for real, like she is read the secret, putting it out into the world, and so she's going to jump into this very nicely, very nicely done. Yes, and we Andie and I were already talking about the fact that this season is a big season, like there are so many things that are happening. There are so many things that I'm like, oh no, we're going to have to have a deep conversation about this because this has aged very badly. But then we have, you know, big things happening, and to the point that I thought the big event was going to be, which I remember clearly that it would be the season finale, but it's not. And I was like, holy crap, this is a huge season. So strap on everyone if you haven't yeah said that way. Anyway, I'm gonna keep it that way. But yeah, So, as per usual, Annie, I'm gonna give you the title of this episode. You will make some predictions, and at the end I will.
Speaker 3: Give you a grade. Oh no, you ready?
Speaker 2: So for this episode is called politically erect.
Speaker 1: No, my promise to myself that I would just go for the most obvious answers, I feel like really coming back to bite me. Now. Okay, so Carrie is dating his politician, and I'm going to assume he okay, somebody has issues getting it up, or maybe maybe she doesn't like his politics.
Speaker 3: It's also politically correct. Oh I don't know. Oh no. And they go to a club. That's it.
Speaker 2: They go to a club. The infamas go to the club. Oh that bloy All right, well let's see, let's jump in.
Speaker 4: I have been dating politician Bill Kelly for three weeks now.
Speaker 2: Bill.
Speaker 4: Most of my time which him, was spent on a campaign trail. I decided to dress the part. I found some vintage Holston and did a spin on Jackie Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Also like straightening her hair out.
Speaker 3: She is.
Speaker 1: She's dressing the part of a politician's girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she's looking like Jackie o ish, which I love the style. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: It looks good.
Speaker 4: I figured we made a good match. I was adept at fashion, he was adept at politics. At the heart of this world city is a populace whose passion, love and devotion to their home. And really, what's the difference. They're both about recycling shopworn ideas and making them seem fresh and inspired.
Speaker 2: He's very fashioned too. Politics at the Armies.
Speaker 3: They are related, are related.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this and the pressure on women specifically and how they dress and what they wear in politics.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: So how about them? Only Wednesday night?
Speaker 2: Wednesday, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not working.
Speaker 2: Thursday night, Okay, maybe day?
Speaker 1: Why do you have plans She's doing what I do too. No, They're like, maybe, we'll see, let me think about that.
Speaker 2: I do Wait, I'm assuming that's gonna be a yes until you say no, Like I don't know, because like you're like maybe, and I'm like, so, I'm gonna set the time aside for now.
Speaker 1: It usually means I'm worried. I forgot something else. All right, I need to check.
Speaker 4: I not dating anyone else.
Speaker 3: I'm not planning a dating anyone else.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the dtr Oh.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not planning on dating anything else.
Speaker 2: Oh, Steve, exclusively, I got it exclusively are which by the way, I forgot to ask what drink you got? What drink do you got?
Speaker 1: It's my special Galaxy g m T for Star Wars Day, which is upcoming as we were this.
Speaker 2: I'm be gonna diet coke. That's the DT al we had to have, yes or the DT drinks define the drinks, DTC, define the cocktail or motail? Since when are you interested in politics? Always it's a really great way to meet men and carry by her side.
Speaker 4: We can just get to meet the inner circle.
Speaker 2: And Charlotte is waiting to so that she can meet other politicians single men, she can become the Jackie O.
Speaker 1: Right, and also like her assumption implied that politicians are mostly men, which is true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the competition. The country runs better with a good looking man in the White House. The country runs better with a good looking man in the White House. Row quail country the president. I feel like with Charlotte saying that she had a crush on dan Quil, we know that she was Republican. I have no idea that dan Quill, Okay, dan Quill was the vice president of George Bush Senior. Well, I'm just really surprised you didn't know who that was. I guess I don't know all the vice presidents. And that wasn't my era.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's when I was a baby, though, Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was my ara, That's what I'm saying, because he had a whole like I know, yeah, yes, man. I also liked this level of like and I don't think they meant to, but like the obvious shallowness of them talking about politics, and this is such a stereotype of women anyway. Yeah, I vote because I voted for him, because he was good looking. I vote for you know, like all these things.
Speaker 3: I'll date him if he's hot.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should just be honest and tell him what I'm really feeling, which is what if somebody letter comes along.
Speaker 1: If someone said that to me, I'd be like, I'd be gone, goodbye, Yeah gone.
Speaker 3: Which maybe is good. Maybe she gets it out there. He moves on.
Speaker 4: Things you like about Steve, things you don't like about Steve?
Speaker 3: Which column is longer? They're doing the DTR just without him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't ever make a list that people can find with that kind of stuff on there.
Speaker 3: That's a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Experience.
Speaker 3: Perhaps, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Just don't do it. What do you say to dinner Friday night? I think that might work?
Speaker 4: And just as her self esteem was soaring right off the charts, nice.
Speaker 2: To meet you, pink lady, I'll what does pink lady mean? I don't never understood that reference. I don't know if that's like a dated reference or not, or if he just made that up.
Speaker 1: A guy asked me, what does your in the pink mean? And I said I don't know, and he said it means your vagina is showing, And it was like, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: What he meant was like a flush in your face, it means you're like turned on. I guess I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Actually, the little person is the proper way to refer from adult in five feet.
Speaker 1: Well, and I agreed to go on a date with a very short person, but I didn't realize it short short man everywhere probably haunted by this.
Speaker 4: Yes, well that may be the perfect tight I'd like to cancel the thing, but I can't, just because he's a munchkin old.
Speaker 3: You know this is a very politically incorrect conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, they're having politically incorrect conversations.
Speaker 3: I should have known.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, you excuse me.
Speaker 4: I have to go mingle because there are a lot of cute guys here, and these things never last.
Speaker 2: Be on two martinis. Charlotte was running your own campaign.
Speaker 4: She was determined to be elected wife.
Speaker 2: To be elected wife.
Speaker 1: When I was in high school, I drew up like a plan and it was called Operation Hot Husband, and it was just me determined to find somebody and that was going to be my husband one day, And of course it didn't work out.
Speaker 3: Surprise, surprise.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is the lovely Miranda Hobbs and I and her friend Steve Brady.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I accidentally did this to my ex boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Here's my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I introduced him as my friend at a work party.
Speaker 2: It's shocking when it is something else. You're like, oh am I this, so how do you say this?
Speaker 3: I just did it. I wouldn't think about it, you know.
Speaker 1: I apologize them to him after I apologize because I was so I felt so bad about it. I don't believe in the Republican Party or the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: I just believe in parties.
Speaker 2: So this Asian woman has been in these episodes throughout, like I've seen her repeatedly. She actually plays like the nanny at one point of Miranda's Kid and she loses the umbilical cord button or like the belly button car of the baby, and they have this moment and I'm pretty sure it's her. She has no speaking lines, but she's always there.
Speaker 1: It feels like I want the like multiverse of her, Like what is she?
Speaker 2: It doesn't make see to me, like why does she pop up?
Speaker 3: The kid would stay a few minutes.
Speaker 2: I gotta take us to the Vagina monologues. Why just because I don't eat at the restaurant doesn't mean I can't hear the specialts such a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like we haven't seen Stanford in a minute. I guess it's also been like several months since we.
Speaker 2: He goes in and out like you don't have to often see it becomes something more important later. M m.
Speaker 3: I would love to get you in the shower.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, get each other all fresh and clean.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds nice. I've never been on board with this idea. I have a friend that love showering.
Speaker 2: Yeah you didn't. You didn't get to the good bar what you really.
Speaker 1: Were I was already like, shower together, that's ridiculous. Golden showers and politics one you.
Speaker 4: Ye, listen.
Speaker 3: I was really hoping we can spend the night together.
Speaker 2: But I have an early breakfast meeting with a Brooklyn Bridge person. Not obvious at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you would ask somebody to like do that, they said maybe later.
Speaker 3: I don't know, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many things about like there's all always also a level of like a trust that you would think of telling them the deepest fantasies, so you don't want to, but you don't want to freak them out right.
Speaker 1: So I wonder if he was on any level like yeah, she's probably Yeah, I bet by the end of this episode, I might know.
Speaker 2: But see, I'm an adventure travel junkie.
Speaker 3: I took the entire year off after business go to track the old Spice route through Eightia.
Speaker 2: Grog seems like an ultimate colonizer with this conversation of the places that he's going without, like caring about the fault of like the damages, and also like the spice swout. Come on man, that was literally like, yeah, detriment, like colonization.
Speaker 4: That nice. Jeff proved a Samantha that he more than made up for his shortcomings.
Speaker 2: I feel like they made him go shorter.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's on an apple box for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: To make this even more ridiculous.
Speaker 4: It was like having sex with a horny smirk.
Speaker 2: That is so awful. Literally, he's only a couple of inches shorter than her. Maybe he should just have a big head. I don't. I don't know, so she's probably.
Speaker 3: Wearing a hue.
Speaker 4: That same night, parched and nervous, I spent another night with Bill.
Speaker 2: That's an awful way to be with someone, is to like be anxious about what he might ask you to do. Yes, I hope, there we go. Let's go take a shower.
Speaker 1: I'm tense, man, I'm nervous scene.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm watching a horror movie right now.
Speaker 4: They don't think it's such a good idea for me to be dating a sex columnist so close to the election.
Speaker 1: I thought it was kind of.
Speaker 4: Seeming, well, wait a second, I may write about sex, but you like people to appeal on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but nobody knows about that.
Speaker 1: Uns she writes about it too, Right, what a way to like, potentially break up with someone in the shower.
Speaker 2: Right when he's like, but I wanted you to peel on me.
Speaker 4: I realized that politics had not only entered my bedroom, but my bathroom was well. And I decided then and there that my bravest political act would be to tell the truth.
Speaker 3: Oh no, she did write about it. I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 2: That one is a hard one. So I will give you, like a curve. I'll grade you want a curve. Tell you that that was because you. If I was even I would think of something about like not being able to have an erection like that would make the most sense in politics. Also, no club, I'm sorry they went to the movies and said they would to movies. And brunch like it was no no clubs in this one. Technically Sam did go to a bar mm hmm did and they did throw a party.
Speaker 1: I feel like so many of the events they go to, even though it's not a club, it feels like a club to me because they're wearing like they're dressed to the nile right, looks so good.
Speaker 2: The extra extra h So you know, I'll give you a C on that just because you know you definitely pass.
Speaker 3: But I'll take that. I'll give you that car. Well, I won't fight the sea.
Speaker 2: I do find it funny because yeah, I don't. We know things have aged badly in a lot of ways, and this is one of those things, going into like smaller people or shorter people in general, which he really I don't think he really was. Like it was an interesting think of like they needed to make that comment, but also like for it was all for comedy's sake. Also like sexual preferences. They really have a whole thing about golden showers anyways, because that was one of the things, like I think mentioned I think an episode in the first season when we find out that she's a sex calmnist that she talks to people like about finding partners or whatnot, or threesomes. It was in a threesome episode. It's like she just talks about that often, which is quite quite interesting. And then you also have to think of like if she is a sex calumnist and she is so freaked out by this, like this is still kind of tame compared to other if you want to call it kinks or fetishes, because it's it's I mean, well it's not like everybody's preference, but you're like, man, you really like uptight for someone in whose job is so right about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's interesting because like at that time, which wasn't that long ago, but it did feel maybe people hadn't heard of that. And it's interesting to me in terms of this show being so you know, it was showing these four friends, these women who were single but sexual, but you know, all of these things and we're having these conversations that were very new, So part of me feels like, you know, people just weren't talking about that.
Speaker 3: But it does feel bizarre that she would.
Speaker 1: Right nothing against like if that's not your thing, that is not your thing, right fair enough? Yeah, exactly. But yeah, it's kind of funny that it was played for like, what's the.
Speaker 3: P on me?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know about that publicly shaming him, yeah, because she felt rejected, like it just it's just kind of like that's a new level. I don't I don't know, and killing his whole career essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if it would be like one thing, if if he had done something pretty horrific. Essentially, what he did was say you're hurting my campaign.
Speaker 2: Like he shamed her. Sure, sure, sure for her, right, but he didn't but that doesn't affect her career right right?
Speaker 1: And he did I mean, some people are some people can abuse this, but he did seem to like truly trust you know, hey, this is right, do right now. Maybe he was a little upset that she said no and it was like, actually let's break up.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, he was retaliatorily, sure, but not to the level that she went. So it's like, oh, that's not like cool, but okay, yeah, but yeah, this was an interesting episode. I love Steve and Miranda growing into this. Of course, we've already talked about the fallout in our previous episodes, but you know, the build up is really sweet and Steve seems to be the only good guy thus far. Poor Stanford. They really did him dirty in this series, though, I feel like it's a constant like they didn't have to do all this, I know.
Speaker 1: And there's a part of me that's like, it is true when when you're in a queer person where you go into space and you have no idea and you're like, I'm attracted that person, but I don't want them to like if I approach them and they're not queer and they hate they do something, but it feels like it comes at his expense sometimes where it's like, oh, but he's ugly though.
Speaker 2: Or you know what I mean, the stereotype of whatever is Yeah, that's not necessary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just hope, as someone who doesn't know much of the behind the scenes, I just hoped, like the actor was.
Speaker 3: I hope he didn't feel bad, make him feel bad right for how.
Speaker 1: He looked or anything like that, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess that's the whole thing is that I often think about characters. I'm like, God, they wrote that about that person and that person's playing it, Are they okay? Because that would have killed me. That would hurt my feelings quite a lot.
Speaker 3: I've told this story before, but I had. But for me, it was a big role.
Speaker 1: And I didn't get fired for it, but I kind of got bumped from it because they assistant director said to me, it's hard to work in a business where it's all.
Speaker 3: About your looks, isn't it. And I was all, okay, so you didn't like that, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's right. You didn't need to say that out loud, thank you.
Speaker 1: You could have just been like, you're not right for this or whatever anyway, rude, unnecessary, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean going along with that.
Speaker 1: The short again, that guy wasn't that short, right, But that to me. I remember in high school I had friends would be like I would women who would say I would never date someone shorter than me. I always thought I would like someone my height or shorter because I think it'd be easier to kiss. But that has been an enduring thing for sure. That right has stuck around.
Speaker 2: It still does. That's like one of the first things that people will do to criticize other people.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I also auditioned for a role that was going to be like Tom Cruise is going to be there, and they will they ask your height and then.
Speaker 3: Because he's a bit shorter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they do they put you on an apple box to see like if you could work with his height and interesting, he's supposed to be taller than you of course, of course.
Speaker 3: So that's an a that's a real enduring thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my perpetuation is odd, like because the average is not that tall. People really want to squeeze into their like, no you're if they're not this tall, I will not date you or this thing, this thing I've always said, it would be hard to be shorter than me, Like I had dated dudes that are my height. I don't think I already to do that was shorter than me, but not because I didn't want to. It just didn't right, Like I didn't see that, or least they lied about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because that's another thing I know on dating apps is lying about height, right, which.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just really funny because you were like, you know, we eventually we will meet you.
Speaker 3: Well that's the key is they have to get you in person. And maybe maybe that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the thing I don't understand. Oh goodness, well that was episode two and we were only starting.
Speaker 3: You have given me some hints. This season sounds like it's going to.
Speaker 2: Be a wild one, a whopper.
Speaker 1: I am excited and a little nervous. Well, I'm I'm glad we're back. I'm having fun. Can't wait to see where it goes.
Speaker 2: Me either. I can't wait deep for you to see it.
Speaker 3: Well. In the meantime, listeners, we hope that you're enjoying this.
Speaker 1: We're definitely looking at having guests and maybe doing another listener coming on who knows, and that will be no promises, but it'd be fun to do again. But yes, if you have any thoughts, because this has it's been it's on Netflix now and now there's a lot of people are seeing it for the first time. It's yeah, it's been interesting to read about. You can let us know. Our email is Stephanie you Mom stuff at iHeartMedia dot com. Can find us on Twitter at most of podcasts, or on Instagram and TikTok at stuff on Never Told You. We also have a YouTube and a tea public store and a book that you can get wherever you get your books. Thanks as always too, our super producer Christina, our executive producer Maya, and our contributor Joey, thank you, Thanks to you for listening. Stefan never told you this prediction of I Heart Radio. For more podcasts on my heart Radio, you can check out your heart radio app, Apple Podcasts wherever you listen to your favorite shows,