Speaker 1: From Kurt Coe media.
Speaker 2: It's still here. Numbers are still climbing. Who would have predicted that the health and medical community would be at odds with the politicians on how we handle the climate of this pandemic. I know you think you've heard enough about this code requires. But new developments are worth understanding in each of our actions and personal decisions will affect our families our friends and our communities. In this episode you'll hear some new coping 19 facts that are worth your time. It's stuff you need to know. This is medicine. We're still practicing.
Speaker 3: I'm Bill Kurtis of course first to my friend and co-host Dr. Steven Tabak. He's a quadruple board certified doctor of Internal Medicine pulmonary disease critical care and neuro critical care. And he is on the front lines of the covered battle out in California for which we are eternally grateful. Steve how you doing. Thanks for remotely tuning in. Hey Bill. Good to see you. And a very special guest Dr. Kristin Muffet. She's an associate physician in the pediatric infectious disease division at Boston Children's Hospital and she's a multiple award winning physician and professor of pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. Christy is also affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital. She's certified in general pediatrics and infectious diseases by the American Board of Pediatrics. And Dr. Moffitt we'd like to thank you for breaking away and joining us today. Thanks for having me. Tell me how is Boston Children's focus changed during this virus.
Speaker 4: Boston Children's like every hospital in Boston March and early April were all frenzied months as we were preparing like hospitals I'm sure all around the world for what we were anticipating to be a surge in Kogut infected patients. It became fairly clear relatively early in the pandemic with data coming out of China that children did not seem to be suffering the same severity from this infection as older individuals and adults did. We were not completely sure whether or not that data would hold true as the virus swept across the world. Luckily that has actually held true but that should not be taken at all to mean that children don't get sick from this. Some children do get sick from this. Some do require hospitalization. In some studies up to a third of children who require hospitalization require ICU level care. So Boston Children's also was in a unique position in Boston as you know Boston has an abundance of hospitals for people to choose from excellent hospitals all of them. But Boston Children's is the only freestanding Children's Hospital. There are several other children's hospitals in Boston but they all have their physical spaces their units their hospital beds contained within larger hospital systems that treat adults. So a decision was made within the city for Boston Children's to be able to take care of all pediatric patients in Boston who required hospitalization so that the pediatric beds in those other hospitals that were within adult hospitals could be committed to caring for adults with cold.
Speaker 5: It seems like a good plan.
Speaker 6: Well even you just mentioned that children are substantially less susceptible to this virus than older people or at risk of the children who do get seriously affected by this virus. Apparently more than 75 percent of the fatalities in children related to this virus are those of minorities. Can you explain why that's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah that is very true. The disproportionate effect that this infection has had on black and Latino individuals that has been seen in adults is playing out very much in children as well. And that's true both of acute covered infections. And then as you may know we were all surprised in the pediatric realm to start to understand this other entity called Emmett SC or multi system inflammatory syndrome in children. It seems to be overwhelming inflammation that occurs in children largely two to four weeks after a covert infection. So both acute Kogut and MSE are impacting minority populations in pediatrics substantially. So why is that the most likely explanation is that children are most likely exposed in their households and in their communities. And those are exactly the households in the communities in which the adults are suffering the most serious consequences and highest incidence of colon 19 infection. So I think that children really very much are reflective of that.
Speaker 7: It's an interesting statistic when you look at it. I know from the adult side we certainly see in that population there's a lot of multi-family housing multiple families living under one roof and that sort of social crowding seems to have an impact but also of those people who are not financially immune so to speak from the virus and that they must go to work every day to feed their family. You can't be a day laborer and do it. The resume you actually need to show up and anytime there is that expectation there is not going to be a lot of social distancing at the workplace.
Speaker 8: And so we think that lower socioeconomic in general would be forced to continue their work in their jobs in spite of the fact that the risks remain the same.
Speaker 3: And the statistic is not percentages of people who get the virus. It is a death toll of people who have the virus. So is it biological that affects them differently or lifestyle or food or.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Those are all definitely hypotheses that still frankly require investigation. And I think that there may even be a multifactorial explanation for it. One that is along the lines of what Stephen was mentioning is a difference in access to health care for these affected populations as well. It certainly is possible that there may be a biological explanation. Our hospital in coalition with over 70 other hospitals are studying the genetics of children who are impacted by either severe cold infection or by MSE but there isn't anything clearly being borne out yet in terms of solid genetic reasons that make the immune response to these affected populations different necessarily. There's still some work to be done there but as you suggested to build the underlying potential complicating factors that might be called comorbidities and some are also higher in these populations and make them at higher risk and more susceptible to more severe sequelae of this infection.
Speaker 6: So this isn't new that we need to find thousands of healthy people who are willing to take part in a trial for a vaccine. You're not vaccinating the people who are already sick. Great. So there must be a history of being able to find people who are willing to participate in such a thing. How do they go about finding these people.
Speaker 9: It's varied historically in terms of what the vaccine was being designed to prevent in terms of how dire the infection was and how much a population was affected by a given infection.
Speaker 10: But historically some infections that especially the ones that were devastating to families and to children most families were very eager to participate in vaccine trials. And in bringing those vaccines into children whether there was a monetary compensation that was offered or not.
Speaker 1: So I think that there will be families that are eager to be part of these trials. I was surprised in our own front. We're running a large trial at Boston Children's trying to enroll children who've had covered 19. And we're asking these families to bring their children back into our hospital for blood drives that they don't otherwise need. And I really having done a number of clinical trials that involve research only blood drives was not sure that this was going to be an easy sell for families.
Speaker 10: But I've been very surprised by how eager families are to contribute to the advancement of our knowledge of this infection and the response of families to enroll in the study has been really amazing.
Speaker 11: What do you think the penetration of this anti vaccine sentiment is out there. What percentage of the families that you are in contact with do you feel are anti vaccine.
Speaker 7: Once we have a vaccine what percentage of the population will accept it or looking at the other way will not accept it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think it may vary a little bit in terms of how that's unique to a covert vaccine and how that applies to a sort of anti vaccine population in general.
Speaker 10: I've been reading that polls most recently about covert vaccine uptake are suggesting that it's only about 60 percent of the population that sound like they are willing to go forward with vaccination. And that's even if one frankly is determined to be safe and effective in some of these larger trials which is concerning.
Speaker 12: So I think it's really going to depend on how the data from these trials look for the public to be able to make informed decisions about that.
Speaker 8: You think about the theory that New York and Massachusetts because of housing being a little bit more crowded that there is a higher viral load that lends itself to a higher mortality as opposed to maybe a lighter viral load more of an outdoor lighter load causing less severe disease.
Speaker 9: Yeah that may be part of it. I think the other factor that sort of supports that Stephen is that the communities in Massachusetts that were hit the hardest when we were surging tended to be communities that were exactly those that you described dense housing multigenerational homes. So I think that is certainly likely buyer in the fatality rate and in the severity rate that you just have this higher concentration of individuals a higher concentration potentially of virus. And when a person is getting infected with a higher viral burden they will have a severe infection.
Speaker 11: That being said are you going to restaurants. And if so only outdoor restaurants I'm assuming that there are none that are open or that maybe minimal that are open for indoor seating. What has been your personal policy.
Speaker 9: Yeah Massachusetts has opened indoor seating at limited capacity with lots of risk mitigation practices in place.
Speaker 12: That being said I am still only doing outdoor seating Yeah me too. I think the study that came out that showed it was like a two and a half higher likelihood for individuals to have died in the 14 days before their covered infection. Exactly.
Speaker 13: So we're going to take a very quick break and we'll be back with Dr. Kristen Moffitt.
Speaker 14: And when we come back we're going to talk to her a little bit about the concept of surfaces and whether they're a danger. We'll be right back.
Speaker 15: A moment of your time. A new podcast from cartel media.
Speaker 16: Currently 21 years old and today like magic Reed extended from her fingertips down to the blood to take care of yourself because the world needs you and just me every do gooder that asked about me was ready to spit on my dream fingers will face. We can feel like your purpose in your worth is really being kind of to stop me from playing the piano. She buys walkie talkies wonders to whom she should give the second don't love humans.
Speaker 6: We never did. We never will. We just find what you do.
Speaker 17: Rock climbing is that you can only focus on what's right.
Speaker 18: And so are American life begins. We may need to stay apart but let's create together available on all podcast platforms. Submit your piece at Kirkham slash a moment of your time.
Speaker 2: So we're back with Dr. Kristin Moffitt and Dr. Steven Tabak and Christie.
Speaker 6: Wonder if you would tell us whether I should still be alcohol wiping down all my groceries and the mail that's dropped off and when this first happened I was pretty relentless and if someone approached our front door I pretty much sprayed them down with alcohol which has been your lifelong policy anyway as I well it has it has this thing has worked its way into a general Forbes heart. But I have to ask you is the concept of surface transmission no longer a concern. Is it just breathing in a droplet. Where do we stand on that.
Speaker 9: Yeah I wouldn't say a zero concern but I think it has become abundantly clear that the overwhelming majority of transmission events are occurring through the air.
Speaker 19: It is still conceivable that if somebody who was had a high viral burden. So the day of symptom onset for example and they had just sneezed on a doorknob and you went and touched that doorknob within minutes afterwards and then went and touched your nose your mouth your eyes you could infect yourself that way. But I think short of those kinds of extreme circumstances transmission through contaminated surfaces does seem less likely. I think you know decontaminating the mail not sure necessarily needed.
Speaker 11: Although I will recant the story of my my cousin who is an economics professor at New York when covered first broke out there he was at the grocery store and witnessed somebody sneezing into their hands and then picked up an apple looked at the apple and put it back in the pile of apples and he was calling me and saying should I eat fruit again or not.
Speaker 19: I think washing our fruit anything that's not already in a package. You know any any fruit where you're where you're eating the skin. I think washing it makes sense that I would have said that. So.
Speaker 6: So let's go back to our kids. I'm sure we have lots of listeners who have kids that are going to school now because it seems like a lot of our country has invited the very young kids like preschool kids to come in and experience school in these small pods like seven other students or what have you. Where some of the older kids are now dealing with the online thing but you can't do that with the very youngest kids. So with the very young kids what is your advice to parents for how they explain what's going on to their kids and tell them yes you have to wear pants and you also have to wear a mask.
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah I think it's a real challenge I think for parents to keep the conversations age appropriate and what that means really is to have conversations with them that they can understand that aren't scary to them and it's possible to do that.
Speaker 20: And at the same time make them feel empowered like they're contributing to being a part of the solution for this. So framing things in terms of these are the things we have to do to keep our friends safe to keep our teachers safe and so that your family stays safe and so that you stay safe framing it in terms of these are the things that doctors are doing to keep themselves safe when they're taking care of patients. And so you can do this too and be just like a doctor and helping someone to keep other people from getting sick.
Speaker 7: And he techniques for the post adolescence and beyond even the 18 to twenty five set that seemed to be take the perspective that it really is not going to affect me and this is my time to enjoy my life and I'm going to take my chances without really taking into account the impact that maybe they're having on other people.
Speaker 19: I think then the message needs to change and the message then needs to hit the motivation that age group is motivated. They are just inherently wired to want to be with their peers to want to congregate to want to socialize. They want to be able to go to their sports. They want to be able to go to whatever it is they do for extracurricular activities their theater group. They want to be in classrooms and on campuses with their peers.
Speaker 20: So the message there is if you can't do these things collectively to keep transmission under control none of those things are going to be available to you.
Speaker 19: Campuses are going to close classrooms are going to close basketball teams aren't going to be able to play. So getting out the motivation and really trying to target the messaging there is going to be more impactful with that age group.
Speaker 3: So speaking of that age group I understand that there's a terrible vaping problem. And I understand that while vaping is never recommended under any circumstances apparently it's causing teens and young adults additional risks of contracting covered. Why would that be.
Speaker 12: Yeah I think that there are probably changes that happen in the cells that line the respiratory track from chronic exposure to some of the substances that people are vaping it may not even be necessarily what they're intending to vape it may be an additive that they don't even know is there that can be having a serious impact on the cells that line their airway in terms of the effectiveness of their response to this virus.
Speaker 21: We certainly see that in our adult pulmonary population. But I've I've seen it in you know in adolescence and I've heard of it.
Speaker 8: This is not just a high school college problem. But this is middle school and even grammar school.
Speaker 3: Dr. Steve does vaping in general reduce your immunity.
Speaker 11: It increases your risk of pulmonary infections because your main protective source is going to be the respiratory epithelium. This would call silly aided epithelium which actually has these little finger like projections that beat out and beat upward any particulate matter that come into your respiratory tree. And if you are going to do damage to that primary mechanism Yeah it will lend itself to having ongoing and worsening lung injury. It lends itself to increased respiratory infections you want to avoid vaping at all costs.
Speaker 6: Dr. Muffet Can I just ask you when you picture someone smoking and they exhale the smoke. Is that kind of a good representation of what these droplets could be doing when someone is simply well blowing out in that kind of a form in your space.
Speaker 22: Yeah I think that the active exhalation from vaping or smoking is probably a bit more forceful than are just sort of sitting here inhaling and exhaling and if you want to see really amazing pictures of droplets respiratory tract. There are some researchers and fluid dynamics that have taken these like unbelievably slow down time lapse photographs of sneezes. For example if you haven't seen them that are enough to make you absolutely want to just live in a bubble.
Speaker 6: So Dr. Moffat I wonder if you could tell me do you expect there to be a different type of coverage season this fall in Massachusetts compared to California and Florida from a weather standpoint.
Speaker 23: I think that the impact of the weather on this virus does not seem to be very impressive.
Speaker 24: I mean if you look at the parts of our country that were surging when it was warm and we were in better control in places where it was cooler I think it's really hard to say there may be a modest impact in terms of the virus actually having specific viral characteristics that make it maybe more likely to cause infections in the cold weather. But I think it's going to be more social determinants of cold weather that are going to put those parts of the country where we get cold weather at higher risk.
Speaker 6: We're certainly we hear more and more about the viral load and how if somebody sneezes in your face and you get a large viral load you might get a bad case of the disease. On the other hand this virus is very small and I know there's no such thing as just one or two. But let's say you got one or two viral cells are you still going to build up an antibody to the disease if you get a very small load.
Speaker 23: That's a great question.
Speaker 22: It's actively being studied because it's such an important question and I think it's still maybe a little too early to say for sure but there are data already that suggests that if you had a relatively mild infection you don't mount at least the same antibody response that those with more severe infection do. So those who get very sick from this infection Seem to have what's called neutralizing antibody which is really the most important type of antibody to measure you want to know how capable antibody detectable in a person's blood after they've had this infection how capable it is of actually neutralizing this virus in a petri dish. And it does seem that those who had mild or asymptomatic infection have much lower levels of that neutralizing antibody in their blood and levels that don't seem to last as long.
Speaker 13: OK well we're going to take another quick break and we'll be right back with Dr. Moffitt and we're going to talk about long haulers the folks that get this virus and it appears that they have it for a very very long term.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 25: Welcome to life done better.
Speaker 26: Listen to the weekly episodes where supermodel and health coach Jill DeYoung talks to some of the world's most inspiring women in health and wellness it's the place for all the unicorns who strive to create a life on their own terms. Join us to explore discover and create a life done better together.
Speaker 2: Listen and subscribe from Kurt Coe media media for your mind but we're back with Dr. Moffit and Dr. Steven Tabak and there's this kind of new term being thrown around long haulers people who have suffered from Kovic 19 and do so chronically for long periods of time.
Speaker 6: Was there a reason why some have said long standing symptoms and even when they're healthier than others who should by all rights be more at risk. You have these long hollows who can't seem to get rid of the virus. Why is that.
Speaker 11: I think from the adult side what we see in it's variable because there are some people who seem to smolder along and get better and then we do see that period of time people smoldering along and then they hit a critical time in day seven to day nine where it seems like to completely compensate and they wind up going to our ICU and on many times on ventilators. It's rare that we find somebody who actually gets better almost completely resolved and then dies compensates. That's not been my experience. If you're smoldering you're wrong low level oxygen and you seem to be holding your own they can deteriorate in that magic window of seven to nine days. One can surmise that your body is doing its best to keep the virus at bay because you do mount a response and maybe initially you can keep the virus at bay. And then with any war from the virus that starts mounting a stronger and stronger response.
Speaker 7: And then just overwhelms your ability to completely defend against it. And now you're feeling the brunt of it getting the better of you at least at that time. Christy what are your thoughts about that.
Speaker 12: Yeah I think that there's been a lot of debate in the pediatric world because we were so surprised by this am I see entity. It's not a system inflammatory syndrome in children that seems pretty clearly to occur about two to four weeks after an acute combat infection. And frankly in the majority of children who's experienced NYSE their acute infection was very mild and sometimes even asymptomatic. So we are often relying to figure out whether or not a patient actually is experiencing MSE they present with symptoms of fever and overwhelming inflammation. So they're hyper inflamed and that inflammation is affecting their body in different ways. But there are a number of other entities unrelated to covered that can look like that as well. So we're relying on whether or not they still have a positive PCR for covered in their upper airway or whether or not they've mounted an antibody response yet to call it.
Speaker 3: What is the age range where that tends to hit.
Speaker 27: Yeah. So then the median age is about 10 to 11 but it is being seen in some older teenagers and young adults and it is being seen in some even down into infancy.
Speaker 3: Christy one of the things that were apparently supposed to avoid if our kids get covered is giving them aspirin.
Speaker 27: Why is that so aspirin in the setting of specific infections in general.
Speaker 10: Handful of viral infections in general in children has been associated with a very very serious condition called Rice syndrome that can severely impacts a lot of your vital organs. So aspirin in general is not recommended in children. If children are experiencing fever from a possible infection or discomfort otherwise then either ibuprofen or acetaminophen products would be recommended.
Speaker 6: And I also understand for adults ibuprofen is not a good idea as compared to other types of anti inflammatory.
Speaker 11: So initially it was off the list. Now I don't believe that there is any warning against non steroid holes in the adult population. We tend to use Tylenol for fever abatement and for pain control just because it's easier on the kidneys and it's easier on the stomach provided you're not getting to the point where you're getting to liver toxicity but it's much easier to damage your kidneys with a non steroid a longtime inflammatory like ibuprofen than it is to hurt the liver with Tylenol acetaminophen.
Speaker 10: Thoughts about that on the pediatric side in general in pediatrics for fever for pain ibuprofen if you're over the age of six months ibuprofen is typically recommended it just tends to be very effective particularly for fever reduction. And as long as it's dosed correctly and not giving in to higher dose are given to frequently children in particular tend to tolerate it very well but acetaminophen products would certainly be an option too.
Speaker 6: So I wonder if we could take a little detour here and talk to you about re infection and what we know because one would think this has now been going on since March. We're now in October. I wonder if you could tell us if we know anything more about whether people are getting this virus for a second time.
Speaker 27: There was a lot of alarm I think with the first clearly documented case of re infection. So the trick to documenting re infection is that you really can't rely on just continued positive PCR testing because some people stay positive for a very long time from their primary infection. So the first documented case of reinvention occurred in an individual in Asia who was infected if I recall initially in April March or April return of I'm travelling sometime in the last month or so and only had a repeat code the test as a travel screen or return from having been elsewhere and tested positive but was asymptomatic but they actually were able to sequence the virus from the first test compared to the second test to confirm that it was a different viral sequence and therefore this was indeed me infection.
Speaker 3: Is the virus mutating that much at this point.
Speaker 27: It's not that the virus is mutating that much but there were detectable enough differences to ascertain that it was two different viral infections basically.
Speaker 21: And then the big question is was the primary infection did that confer immunity on the second. Because you can re in fact me all day long if I don't have symptoms I'm probably not going to be upset about that.
Speaker 27: So I think with with that first case report I think that scientists were relieved actually and said Well of course he was asymptomatic with the second infection and that just proves what we would suspect which is that the first infection confers immunity against getting very sick from this. If you see it again. But of course not too long after that there was the second case report of re infection in which again because of two different viral sequences they were able to confirm it was indeed re infection in the individual actually was sick with the second infection. So everyone who maybe took a little bit of reassurance from the first case report that was quickly done away with the second case report. But I think in general re infections it's not surprising now that we have millions and millions and millions of cases that we will see re infections from seasonal corona virus experience. We know that even if you get some immunity from seasonal coronavirus it's longevity is not such that you know we infection is an impossibility.
Speaker 11: But encouraging that it seems to be very low rates because I know I have not seen any patients that came in at least to the hospital that had to be readmitted with it would seem to be a new infection.
Speaker 6: So Christy if your best friend comes down with covered and isn't bad enough yet to check themselves into the hospital but this is your best friend and now we have all these treatments like grim death severe and otherwise to region and what have you do you recommend to your best friend that they begin a regimen to try to minimize the virus or do you wait for it to get so bad that they have to go to the hospital.
Speaker 28: Yeah at this point there's really nothing that has solid evidence to suggest that taking it when you're only mildly ill is going to really have an impact on your outcome.
Speaker 29: So at this point my recommendation would still be if you're feeling crummy but you're still stable enough to be at home that continue what's referred to as supportive care which is hydration fever control making yourself comfortable would be my recommended advice for that individual but if they're starting to feel shortness of breath chest pain any of the myriad of symptoms should prompt a very very urgent evaluation given any patient that would come to the adult floor who is not requiring oxygen or had low mediator levels low fare and low CERP things that we for better or worse.
Speaker 8: We we're monitoring we will be sending those patients home.
Speaker 6: Dr. Moffitt I sat around with family the other day and we were drinking some wine and I said you know I can't taste this wine. And of course everybody laughed and said Aha. Why is it that supposedly one of the symptoms of having covered is loss of taste.
Speaker 29: And I have been reading headlines about some clear impacts of the virus directly on your olfactory cells in particular which are basically our sense of smell cells and our sense of smell is so innately linked to our sense of taste that whatever it is that the virus is seeming to target in our now cells seems to be having this rather unique symptom. I'm asked often how are we gonna tell the difference between flu and Kobe at 19. How are we going to tell the difference between other winter respiratory viruses and coping 19. My short answer is we're not. There is so much overlap in the symptoms of influenza and Kobe 19 that it will be nearly impossible to distinguish the two based on symptoms alone with the exception of someone maybe having lost their sense of taste her smell which seems pretty unique to cope with 19.
Speaker 6: Do you expect that we're gonna get some good news about treatments or vaccines over the course of the next six months or should we be digging in and assume that we just have to get used to this for a while.
Speaker 30: I think we will be getting good news. I don't know that I would assume that in that timeframe it's going to be associated with a confidence that we can lighten up on what we're already doing.
Speaker 31: But I think we will get good news. I think the best part of the vaccine landscape is that there are over 200 vaccine candidates in development over half a dozen of which have already advanced into Phase 3 trials. And so the best vaccine outcome. And I think even the vaccine makers would say this the best vaccine outcome is that there are multiple Kogut 19 vaccine are shown to be safe and effective and therefore you could move several into populations. And yet our world vaccinated more quickly than if there was just a single contender that came out on top for example that showed to be safe and effective.
Speaker 21: That's the silver lining in many ways right that the global nature of this means that we are so many resources are being mobilized and being brought to bear on this disease as it's not an orphan illness.
Speaker 11: It's something that affects every country every person that I think is very encouraging.
Speaker 6: And do you expect countries to export their vaccines to other countries in that event or just pass on the technology and the biochemical solutions that led to that vaccine.
Speaker 30: I think a lot of those discussions have already even happened in terms of how the vaccine development got funded.
Speaker 31: So a lot of the funding that was offered to support development of the vaccine was contingent upon access in different populations in different nations. So I think a lot of the ways in which the vaccines will be distributed by the different vaccine makers is already baked into the cake and economic forces for free economies I think pushed in that direction as well.
Speaker 8: Right. I mean it's better for the economy it's better for that corporation to sell it to multiple countries why would they limit it.
Speaker 6: So I think in that regard economics actually works and everybody's favorite so as we wrap up I just want to ask you one question about Harvard and how you teach there. What will be permanently changed in the way you communicate and what you communicate to your students from this experience was covered 19.
Speaker 32: I think personally for me as an infectious diseases physician but I think most physicians in general in all fields would say this right now is that there has never been in my lifetime as humbling a public health event a public health crisis as cover 19 I think of the Times in March when we were watching this sort of march its way from China. I think I personally still had some sense that we were going to fare OK that we would certainly see this virus come our way we would see it start to circulate in the United States but that we would be able to keep it from becoming as unbelievably rampant as it has become. And I think that I never could have expected and so many people I think in infectious diseases and in medicine in general never could have expected just how unbelievably destructive this pandemic could have been.
Speaker 6: So you may inject humility into your teachings at Harvard going forward.
Speaker 32: I think that this pandemic really struck a tone of just how much we don't have control over things that happen naturally. And even when they're infectious it's really been astonishing.
Speaker 3: Dr. Kristen Moffitt thank you for joining us today.
Speaker 33: We want to thank Dr. Stephen Tabak Dr. Kristin Moffitt. We want to thank J.P. Morgan Private Bank for introducing us to today's guest as well as last week's Dr. George Rutherford. So thanks J.P.. This is medicine we're still practicing and it produced by A.J. Mosley music for we're still practicing is composed and performed by Celeste and Eric Dick. Please send this episode to your friends and have a socially distant zoom cocktail with them and chat about it. And of course don't forget to leave us a review.
Speaker 2: Catch you next time on medicine. We're still practicing. Bye bye everybody.
Speaker 5: From Kurkov media media for your mind.